HEROES, VILLAINS AND THE DAMNED Round 13

Filed in Supercoach by on 18/06/2018 • views: 3689

This season’s highest-scoring player – Jack Macrae – is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with a hamstring complaint.

Those who own Macrae now face a tough decision – keep or trade? Most will be trading with the likes of Clayton Oliver and Josh Kelly looming as attractive options.

The second round of bye presented yet another challenging round for many coaches, with those scoring around the 1800-1900 mark performing well.

The Heroes

Fremantle pair Lachie Neale (159 SC) and Nat Fyfe (154 SC) were both enormous for the Dockers on Saturday. The pair kicked five goals and shared 27 contested possessions between them.

Ollie Wines (157 SC) had a night out on Thursday finishing with 35 disposals, 13 contested possessions, seven tackles and six clearances. Teammate Robbie Grey (121 SC) also joined in on the action with 28 touches, three goals and 14 contested possessions. Marcus Bontempelli (129 SC) was the Bulldogs’ best player in the same match, finishing with two goals, 16 contested possessions and 10 clearances

Elliott Yeo (144 SC) was arguably best on ground on Friday night with 29 possessions -13 of them contested –and two goals , while opponent Jake Lloyd (122 SC) continued his rich run of form with 28 disposals at 92% efficiency.

Hawthorn’s midfield ace Tom Mitchell (136 SC) had another 40-possession game, while defender Kade Simpson (123 SC) impressed for the Blues with 32 disposals.

Other significant scores:  Rhys Stanley (149 SC), Seb Ross (136 SC), Jade Gresham (131 SC), Jake Carlisle (130 SC), Heath Grundy (127 SC), Luke Bruest (124 SC), Jack Gunston (123 SC), Jake Kelly (121 SC).

The Villains

Port captain Travis Boak (64 SC) has been a popular inclusion in many forward lines but a disposal efficiency rate of just 47% hurt his score.  The erratic season of Luke Parker (79 SC) continues, dishing out a poor score after registering two tons in his previous two matches.

Andrew Gaff (74 SC) was tagged by Dan Hannebery of all people and had his output limited, while Geelong defender Zach Tuohy (68 SC) was quiet against the Tigers.

The Redeemers

Port Adelaide pair Tom Rockliff (127 SC) and Paddy Ryder (125 SC) have been underdone in their return from injuries but both showed they may have turned the corner this week. Rockliff had 25 disposals, six tackles and kicked three goals while Ryder finished with 41 hit outs and a goal.

Those who kept the faith and held Jack Billings (99 SC) were rewarded with his best performance since Round 1. Sam Jacobs (126 SC) has endured a substandard season but hit some nice form on Saturday night.

The Prodigies

Ed Richards (99 SC), Hunter Clark (98 SC), Nick Holman (84 SC) and Ben Ronke (80 SC) were the best scoring rookies of the round.

On the bubble: Josh Battle (64 SC).

First gamers: Ryan Garthwaite (71 SC), Patrick Wilson (34 SC), Jarrad Brander (25 SC).

The Damned

Jackson McRae (51 SC) will miss three to four weeks with a hamstring issue. Unless you think there’s a chance he may return earlier, it’s probably worth giving him the flick. Teammate Toby McLean (52 SC) is also under a cloud but should only miss one week at the most.

Popular defensive option Jimmy Webster (13 SC) succumbed to a groin injury and looks set for a stint on the sidelines, while the time has come to trade one of the year’s best rookies, Tom Doedee (59 SC), who has the bye this week.

1. iLoveNMFC says:

Thoughts community?
    Kelly OR Treloar

2. Connor says:

Carl it is spelt "Macrae" not McRae

3. Brissy bombers says:

Kelly for mine.

4. PeteB says:

Is it time to say goodbye to Doedee ?

5. Nick says:

Who do you reckon will average more from here on in dusty or crouch? Looking to upgrade one not sure who but?
    Cheers community!

• Hawks says:

Dusty, expect him to explode after the bye

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I was expecting him to have a 2 week holiday. AFL are a joke.

• Daniel Z says:

Agreed – I held him but it was because I had other issues to deal with.
          There's been a few coaches mucking around with what they tell the AFL / media about injuries too – Buddy, Kelly, Sloane are just a few that come to mind. Really does your head in when trying to plan anything.

• DavidC says:

Nah, exactly the same as the Steven May incident, fine was correct. Hawkins a bit unlucky his incident happened first. If it happened now he'd probably just get the fine.

6. FearTheBeard says:

Lads. Need advise.

Kelly or Trealor or Bont (if cleared) curious if he will benefit more now Macrae is out? OR ROCKY?

Lloyd or Westhoff?

• FearTheBeard says:

😐

• Doc says:

Kelly and The Hoff. Embrace the yolo buddy

• FearTheBeard says:

Haha thanks buddy. Doing my damn head on it. Lloyd looks like he's going pretty well last 6 weeks hard too turn down 😐

• Doc says:

Yeah that's understandable I just can't stand the seagull nature of his game. So easy to shut down which is why I'm staying away (averaging 5 contested possessions a game and 20 uncontested).

• FearTheBeard says:

Fair enough. I haven't watched him enough to comment.

The Hoff?

Kelly over Trealor for sure?

• Doc says:

The Hoff has a lot of home games to finish the year (5-7 not sure on the actual number) and they aren't against overly hard teams. I brought him in the other and so far have been pretty happy, just love that beard.

Kelly and Treloar could probably average the same but I just think Kelly could give you those higher scores but then again he does have that injury risk so it really comes down to personal preference as well as if you have the trades to burn if he does go down for another extended period.

7. Steve Crossley says:

I was thinking of holding one of Doedee, Holman or Fritsch for my bench and I was leaning towards holding Doedee as he is a more reliable scorer than Holman. I feel Fritsch might get a freshen up rest at some stage. Any thoughts?

• r_calve says:

hold fritsch cos he is still scoring well and has a BE of about 50

• Lazza says:

Whether you keep playing rookies on the bench depends on the size of your trade bucket.
      I’d encourage you to aim to have an extra premo in each line with a non-player (@ $102k) to ensure you get to pick the best 6 out of 7 scores for each week of the finals. (8 out of 9 for Mids).

• Derek says:

I have McGrath at D7 and Billings at F7.

Essendon and Suns both have lots of Friday games to finish year, great for looping.

• Steve Crossley says:

Appreciate the feedback, I hadn't considered that

• PeteB says:

Tempted to hold Doedee but my other rookies either have more cash to make or aren’t worth enough for my upgrade targets this week. Too much cash to have on the bench this early I’m thinking.

8. hedski says:

Thanks for your efforts again Carlos, top notch.
    Yeo is my Villain this week, surely he could have eased off a bit and got a 125?
    He is now $7k out of reach as my last upgrade and thrown my plans out the window….bastard.

9. r_calve says:

should i go Oliver or kelly, and should i go for yeo or tmac

10. Mike says:

I dont think anyone showed faith in billings

• Derek says:

Held him. Thought I’d hold him until he played the Suns. Might be an ok F7, plats a lot of Friday games

• Steeeve says:

My opponent did. He outscored my "premos" Kennedy and Curnow put together. Sigh.

11. Saundo says:

MacDonald, Crisp, Sicily or Andrews?

12. PeteB says:

Simpson, Andrews or MacDonald ?

13. BadgerHoney7 says:

which one do we think will average more towards the end of the year – oliver or j kelly. need it as a pod against my mate as well so opinions would be helpful

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I think they will avg very close to the same mate. Splitting hairs……maybe Oliver. I have both so can't split them.

• FearTheBeard says:

SC_Sixty6

I have seen you post some very useful comments to people.

Would you for Westhoff and burn 1 trade to go full premium (when low on trades)

OR

2 trades but get Lloyd in as D and move Siciliy down to F?

The second trade would be getting Joel Smith and and shedding Barry so handy cover at least by the looks of things?

• FearTheBeard says:

Sorry also SC_Sixty6 do you think Trealor or J Kelly as best mid for the rest of the year?

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Well your two options are dependent on how your bye structure is. If you're fielding 18 then I'd go Lloyd but if you need cover I would get westhoff as it's only 1 trade.

Not sure how many trades you have so if you're below 6 then just go the Hoff. If you have more go Lloyd.

I think Kelly will avg 115+ and be more consistent than treloar.

• FearTheBeard says:

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Kelly is locked I think.

With Hoff I would be on 5. With Lloyd 4 (though I would have some solid cover)…….

• FearTheBeard says:

I too think it's splitting hairs. Though I would go Oliver purely for playing off Gawn and not carrying any injury we are aware of (that said I'm going Kelly for my last mid I think)

14. Steeeve says:

I want Patrick Wilson. But only if he doesn't play. Too risky that he might be named in round 21, 22, 23 when the Crows are for sure out of finals contention and ruin my loopholing ability???

• Hawks says:

Then pick someone less likely to get a game.

• Steeeve says:

There is only one other option who fits the criteria I and many others will need:
        . Forward mid swing
        . Low price
        . Team plays late in the weekend
        Wilson is cheaper, and his team has a better draw in terms of late games.

• ToughBretts says:

Wouldn't recommend bringing in a player for loopholing. If you have a full bench in R20 then kudos, but highly unlikely

15. KSinny says:

Would really appreciate your thoughts on my trades this week community.

Ronke – Ahern
    Higgins – Gunston
    Brayshaw – Treloar

Leaves me with 49k, 7 trades and 1 more rookie to upgrade. Also 20 or 21 playing this week if t.smith comes back in.

• Hawks says:

I like these trades. Particularly like the Gunston selection, particularly if he keeps playing in defence along side Sicily, they share the role of linking the defence and attack well.

• FearTheBeard says:

Hawks I assume your a hawk fan? Is Gunston likely to continue his current scoring output with his role?

• Hawks says:

He will score well whilst he is playing in defence as a link man. I think Clarko likes Gunston in defence, so I think he will play most of his games there, particularly as he has other options up forward at the moment.

And yes I follow the mighty Hawks.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Not too keen on Gunston's JS, referring to his role, but otherwise don't see too much issue with your trades

16. Rivo says:

10 trades & $85k left and 2 premos short.
    Do I go after Oliver, J.Kelly, Rocky in mids? Defence can wait another week.

• KSinny says:

Personally would go Oliver just because I'm not sure if Kelly's groin will hold up or not and wouldn't pick rocky over either of them.

• Rivo says:

Thanks KS. If it’s worth 3 trades to get him in, then which option?

Henry, Austin & Higgins to

1. Oliver, Liam Ryan & Mihocek or
        2. Oliver, Ballard & J.Smith?

17. Murray says:

Hi community, am thinking about 3 trades,
    Doodee to yeo,
    Walters to r gray
    Mcrae to Gunston

Should I get Ahern in instead? These 3trades would make me full premo except for 1 def and 1 fwd. would have 5 trades left. Am in pos. 4500 overall
    What do you think?

• FearTheBeard says:

My opinion if you would be down to 5 with 2 slots to upgrade I would hold Walters…

• Murray says:

Hi FTB, if you suggest keeping Walters who out of Gray or Gunston would you prefer?

• FearTheBeard says:

Gray for me.

• Murray says:

I have redone my trades and can do
            Doodee McRae out and
            Gray yeo in

I keep Walters after all. I am still 1 premo short in def and fwd but would have 6 trades left. Is this the better way to go

• Hawks says:

Gray over Gunston every day of the week, and I am a Hawks supporter, but Gray is the better SC option

18. PeteB says:

What’s with the aversion to TMac ? Is it price, injury concerns or we don’t believe he can maintain his current scoring ?

• Steeeve says:

I'm bringing him in this week. If my forward line keeps sucking he can swing forward and I'll bring in a Lloyd type as well.

• Nadonis99 says:

Very soft run coming up, but I think price is a deterrent.

If you’re someone who plays for league wins Melbourne also have a tough run for SC finals. Sydney, Eagles and GWS in the last 3 rounds…two of the best defences in consecutive weeks.

• Hawks says:

I am not sure that his role wont change.

I could easily see him play in defence this week against the tall Port Adelaide team, particularly if Dixon or the Hoff get off the chain.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Very good player, but is a key forward. Don't rely too much on him

• James says:

all of the above mate

• redherringfc says:

I want TMac, but won’t get him unless I can afford a luxury trade later on.

This week it’s between him and Hurley. By getting Hurley I get to full premo using 1 less trade.

So at the moment It’s definitely price.

19. Tyruddanaut says:

I have not been on this website for a while!
    Mind you, I'm reading all the articles, listening to the podcasts, but my last comment was weeks upon weeks ago. So, here I am!

I have a dilemma. For my defensive line, my D7 is my priority now that I have 22 premiums and Fritsch as F7. I am likely going to trade him out to Webster when the prices are similar enough. This should cover all my lines but ruck.
    That is not the issue! The issue is if McLean is not going to play this week then I will have no loophole for my backline or cop a doughnut. The only alternative is if I bring in a different player this week. Going for Gray and Cripps but would like some alternatives under 20k of those price tags

Current trades:
    Ryan. —> Gray
    Austin —> J. Smith
    Holman —> Cripps

Edit: Also can bring in Defenders in stead of Gray

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I'd go a defender. They seem to have huge ceilings….Lloyd 170 odd. Yeo 150's. Simpson 150's. Laird 140's. McDonald 160's. Sicily 120-130's

Gray has limited time in the mid. Improved against the dogs but has slowed alot.

20. TOPHAWK1 says:

Thinking of pulling 3 more trades this week! Getting greedy in the quest to go full premo! Will then have 8 trades for the run home. Touch wood, should be enough to see me through.

Trade 1- Ben Ronke to Mason Redman via (Keefe DPP) Proving to be very handy def/fwd swinger. This trade builds my warchest to do the next two trades.

Trade 2- Doedee to Hurley. (No brainer)

Trade 3- Nankervis to Grundy. ($35K in the bank)

That leaves my side looking like this-

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Sicily, L Ryan, Howe, Hurley (Redman, L Murphy)

MID: T Mitchell, Fyfe, Oliver, Dangerfield, Cripps, Z. Merrett, Parker, Rockliff ( Holman, Spargo, Ahern)

RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Olango)

FWD: Heeney, McLean, D. Smith, J Kennedy, Wingard, Brander (T, Smith, Keeffe)

Still have a few forward issues like most, and have to cull a couple more rooks to boost my midfield in the run home.

• Valens_FC says:

Not sure about 1 and 3 hawk. The onfield fwd rookie a high price to pay for upgrading nank to Grundy. Reckon might be worth lowering the sights to Martin, Kreuzer, Nic Nat or Ryder then upgrading Ronke instead. That would leave you pretty much full premo then you can look to move guys like rocky and jjk to bench cover in coming weeks. Just a thought.

• r_calve says:

try doedee to tom mcdonald

• redherringfc says:

I like the trades. I would consider Kreuzer over Grundy, I know Grundy’s average is much higher, but Kreuzer should come home strong and he is still good value at the moment.

Having said that, the best you can hope for is that Kreuzer matches Grundy over the rest of the season.

21. Tommo says:

Scored 2043 on the weekend

Thinking of trading Doedee, Ronke and Clark this week but will only have 1.185mil which will be 2 cheap premos and a rookie and 2 rookies and an expensive premo

Thinking Yeo as my final premo defender and then I just need two premo forwards. I already have Heeney Buddy Gray McLean

Thoughts?

22. Mark says:

Dropped a fair bit this week, from 37 down to 179:( Though I had everything planned out pretty well but got some bad scores from Webster, McLean, and Phillips being omitted. Hoping for better this week:)

23. Marcus says:

Anyone considering Witherden at 374k? Could be a handy D7

24. Defying_Madness says:

JJK a chance to miss this week according to the AFL website. From Adam Simpson himself

25. oliverfisher says:

11 trades left and 23k
    Option A. Henry, Lycett and Tuohy out for J Smith, Ryder and Yeo
    Option B. Henry and Lycett out for Murphy/Wilson and Grundy
    Option C. Henry out for J Smith, and then hope Grundy drops around 20k in the next few weeks and bring him in later

26. AuroraBorealis?! says:

I will be holding off on the trades for quite a while i think, only 7 trades left and 2 spots left to upgrade to full premo, whilst having no rookies priced above $250k. Am thinking Crisp and Buddy or Crisp and Harris Andrews/Hurley (with swinging Sicily into F) as my final two upgrades, shes gonna be a tight finish, wish me luck haha

• Defying_Madness says:

Wingard might be a good option for you if you are looking for cheapies

27. Stacky23 says:

Thoughts on trades this week
    Trade 1 Doedee to Crisp
    Trade 2 Spargo to Sicily
    Trade 3 Macrae to Higgins
    This leaves me with 8 trades, 150k and 21 premos, planning to go guelfi to gunston and swing fritsch to f7 then use remaining trades to bring in Macrae and Luke Ryan so i can swing Rocky and Savage to the bench
    Is Higgins worth it as a Pod considering the weak fixture and his prominence in Norths midfield

• b_sh3p says:

Yeh I think Higgins is a good option with the fixture, I even considered Cunnington but not ballsy enough

28. r_calve says:

oliver or kelly, the biggest decision of the week, which one should I pick?

29. Johnny says:

Rocky is tempting me at that price of 400k…
    I know I should stop being a tight ass and get j.kellybut it might mean I can get yeo down back sooner.
    My team is:

Def: laird Hurley Webster hibberd Sicily rice (naughton murphy)

Mid: danger Fyfe dusty Mitchell curnow oliver westhoff (holman brayshaw Phillips)

Ruck: Gawn nicnat (olango)

Fwd: McLean heeney gray smith ronke fritsch (Henry T.smith)

14 trades & 9k

• redherringfc says:

You’ve got a lot of trades so if you go Rocky you probably have a trade later on if he gets injured and hopefully he’s gone up at least another 100k.

On the other hand, you’ve got a lot of trades so you could just get Kelly.

In your situation I’d go Rocky and try to hold a trade specifically for him.

30. Fearthebeard says:

With the news lobb gws ruckman is out does it swing the appeal from jelly back to trealor??!

31. Sarah says:

Is Austin to Mihocek a good trade?

• redherringfc says:

I haven’t checked, but I’m pretty sure Austin has a lot of money to make still, if he keeps getting games.

Mihocek’s 2nd game was unimpressive, but I’m brining him in this week (assuming he’s named) where he can sit on the bench.

I’d look for someone else to trade out.

32. Jono says:

Hi guys,

The trades I'm thinking of doing this week includes;
    Phillips and Crowden out
    Rocky and Ahern in

I'm also unsure if I trade Touk Miller or hold him!! I'm leaning towards holding him and then trade out rd17 or rd18!!

Leaves me with $33,700k in the bank with 9 trades left!!

My team is;
    Defenders; Laird,Yeo,Hurley,Tuohy, Witherden and Sicily. (Heron and Redman)

Mids: Dangerfield,Dusty,Mitchell,Fyfe,Higgins,T.Miller,Phillips(Rocky) and Rayner. (Spargo, Barry,England)

Rucks: Gawn and Nic Nat (Cameron)

Forwards; M.Robinson,Buddy,Gunston,D.Smith,R.Gray and McLean. (Crowden/Ahern and Garlett)

33. 3lostboys says:

Hi Guys,

After advice if anyones offering! Walters and Richo F**ked me leaving me with 17 players. I've dropped in the rankings from 500 to 671 :(. I have $80k and 9 trades.

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Sicily, Witherden (O'connor, Coffield)
    MID : Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Cogs, Cripps, Gibbs, Rocky Banfield (Spargo, Brodie, Phillips)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (BigO)
    FWD: Mclean, Heeney, McDonald, Gray, Walters, Guelfi (Waterman, Ryan)

34. ggff says:

هل تبحث عن شركة متخصصة فى خدمات التنظيف بالطائف بافضل المعدات والسوائل وثقة تمة فى العمل ودقة فى النتائج كل هذه المميزت توفرها شركة الخليج الشركة الافضل والامثل فى الخدمات المنزلية بالطائف وبما اننا الشركة الافضل والامثل بدون منافس سوف نسعى لتوفر افضل الخدمات باقل تكلفة وبقدر كبير من الاهتمام والدقة عزيزى اينما كنت فى اى منطقة ا وحى تابع لمدينة الطائف اتصل بنا وسوف نصلك فى الحال شركة الخليج للخدمات المنزلية شركة تنظيف منازل بالطائف شركة تنظيف فلل بالطائف شركة تنظيف خزانات بالطائف شركة تسليك مجارى بالطائف شركة رش مبيدات بالطائف شركة مكافحة نمل ابيض بالطائف شركة مكافحة حشرات بالطائف شركة عزل اسطح بالطائف شركة عزل خزانات بالطائف

35. ggff says:

الشركة تمتلك خبرة كبيرة ومعرفة تامة بكافة الحشرات التي تعيش بمدينة الرياض ونمتلك كافة المبيدات اللازمة للقضاء عليها ونحن بقسم شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض نهتم باقتناء احدث المبيدات المستعملة على الصعيد العالمي حيث نضمن باستيرادها افضل جودة لخدمتنا ونشكل جلسات عمل علي يد مختصين للتوعية واعطاء التعليمات الخاصة باستخدام المبيدات كل نوع منها على حدا لانها تمتاز بتنوع كبير وطرق استخدام مختلفة ونتائج ايضآ مختلفة.
    شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض

36. ggff says:

شركة رائدة فى مجال التنظيف حيث انها تقوم بكافة انواع التنظيف مثل الفلل والشقق والبيوت والشركات , كما ننظف ايضا السجاد والموكيت كل ذلك بأفضل المعدات وأمهر العمال , فنحن نعمل تحت خطة عمل مميزة مما يجعلنا الافضل فى هذا المجال , لاتتردد فى الاتصال بنا وكن واحد من عملائنا الكرام ونحن نضمن لكم سرعة العمل والجودة عالية .
    شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء شركة تنظيف بالجبيل شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف شركة تنظيف موكيت بالقطيف شركة كشف تسربات بالقطيف شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخبر شركة كشف تسربات بالخبر شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر شركة مكافحة حمام بالدمام شركة رش دفان بالدمام