PODCAST: HOW DO WE BYES?

Filed in Supercoach by on 11/06/2018 • views: 6767

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

What the FLIPPING HECK was that? A round of Supercoach carnage unlike that which we’ve seen in a very, very long time.

Dusty, Coniglio, Laird, Fyfe, countless other blokes too numerous to mention. Sides were taking to the field with three, four – even more – donuts. Par was… what, 1600? 1550?

It was PUTRID.

However, let’s put it all behind us this week – Lekdog and Patch are joined by special guest and Jock Reynolds Perth correspondent DAMO for better special comments than anyone else in the AFL  bizness.

So what on the headphones, grab a tea or a coffee or a whatever and give it a whirl.

1. Nick says:

10 Trades left, $285k in the bank, what trades should I be making this week?

Thinking Fritsch to Curnow/Gaff or should i wait a week and get Oliver or Kelly (via walters dpp)

TEAM ATM: (Players with * have bye this week)
    DEF: Laird, Sicily, Simpson, Webster, Yeo, Lloyd (Keefe*, Heron)

MID: Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Martin, Coniglio*, Cripps, Walters, Holman (Spargo*, Ahern*, Phillips)

RUCK: Gawn*, Martin* (Olango)

FWD: Heeney, Mclean, Westoff, Franklin, D.Smith*, Fritsch* (T.Smith*, Langdon*)

2. Rivo says:

Ridiculous round this weekend. Scraped through with 18 on field and a lousy 1613 (thanks Captain Gawn)!

13 trades & $1300. Trades this week:

Out: Hibberd, Fritsch & Henry
    In: Simpson, Giro & Gray.

Team after planned trades….

D: Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Austin, Duman, (T-Mac*, Ridley);

M: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Cripps, Cogs, Dusty, E. Philips, Giro, (Zerrett*, Walters, Ahern*);

R: Gawn*, Grundy* (Olango);

F: Heeney, Sicily, Gray, Lambert, Petracca*, J.Higgins, (D.Smith*, T.Smith*).

Trades pending selections of course!

3. Sc_Wow says:

How many we got on feild this week people? Hoping for a better score?

• Josh says:

I have 17 before trades, but the trades I would like to do don't put more players on the field. Loathe to get rid of Fritz or guelfi but may need to.

• Lekdog says:

Currently have 19 if Laird and Fyfe play and no one gets dropped. Worst case I should be able to trade into a full side.

• BadgerHoney7 says:

19 players
      18 next week

• DavidSA says:

20 playing if Duman and Liard come back and Heron keeps his spot
        17 premo
        16 premo if Laird gets rested

• Sam_01 says:

Fielding 18, 19 If Crowden gets a gig he played well on the weekend will be in trouble if both dusty and Crowden don’t get a gig though can cover laird but will have donuts for
          Walters Crowden? smith up forward
          Gawn in ruck
          Dusty? in the mids
          Backline is fine

• Ahmad rubas says:

17 hopefully before trades

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Will have 18 on field after using 2 trades. This is my toughest round. If Laird misses again and one of my playing rooks get the chop I have a problem. Despite Nankervis playing, he will get the chop for Kruezer. Has to happen this week. And the other sheet stain
      Michael Hibberd is making way for Chad Wingard this week via Keefe DPP. Sicily moved down back. All the turds are now gone. Hibberd, Billings, Petracca, and Nankervis. Thank fark for that. 12 trades left 3 from full premo. Cheers

• Patch says:

I had 18. *glares at Michael Walters*

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

17 on field before trades, would have had 18 if Walters wasn't out

• Buccaneer says:

18 (14 premo) & Walters.

• Cpt says:

Potentially 21Starters – (non starters)

B: Laird, Simpson, Savage, Yeo, Doedee, Austin (Keefe, Mihocek)

M: Dusty, Fyfe, Danger, Bont, Cripps, Tich, Hol-man, Phillips (Oliver, Spargo, Ahern) morning

R: Witts (Gawn, Olango)

F: Sicily, McLean, Heeney, Gray, Westhoff, Lambert (D. Smith, T. Smith)

Holman, Austin Suspect this week.

14 Trades Left

• Help me says:

20 suiting up, 17 premo + lycett

• BVB21 says:

Hey Wow!

Need some advice.

I’m coming 43rd.

Have one premo to fill. (Maybe have to upgrade Rockliff as well)

I have a spot in defence. Options are Hurn, Ryan, Lloyd.

I could also swing McDonald into defence and get Heeney or Westhoff.

The advantages of Hurn and Westhoff are they have had their byes.

I think Heeney is the best choice but I have a bit of ground to catch up so I am thinking Hurn or Westhoff.

What do you think?

• Sc_Wow says:

I like the look of hurn although heeney is killing it with buddy back, you have enough pods to close the gap. Well done on getting McDonald

• Rivo says:

19 after trades, provided Fyfe, Laird, Cogs all play and rooks play.

4. Mummy says:

Hurn, Simpson or Yeo.
    Hurn always steady. Simpson not sure and Yeo has a slight leg injury and gets tagged.
    So, probably Hurn. What do you think?

• Joshua Zanker says:

Yeo has a BE of 150 so worth waiting a week if you can. Simpson is up and down but should be will still finish top 6 defender.

• The King says:

1. Yeo
      2. Simpson
      3. Hurn

• Stretch Marks says:

Have Yeo already and I’m leaning towards Hurn over Simpson. He is consistent, marginally higher average, better team. I just think he is going to score more here on in.

• Wilko5 says:

Wait on Yeo, due to his breakeven.
      Hurn over Simpson

• Defying_Madness says:

Simpson or Yeo

• redherringfc says:

I’ve brought in Simpson and Yeo this week. Didn’t consider Hurn as I brought him in late in a season a couple of years ago and he flopped near the end of the season. Once bitten …

Simpson’s numbers are better than Yeo’s, considering averages, break even and price. Although take out Yeo’s 20 something and his average would be a bit higher.

If I could only go 1 this week I’d be going Simpson.

5. ROB14 says:

Wines or Gibbs for m8? Not worried about Gibbs bye

• Lekdog says:

Dont like either to be honest, Wines has a higher cieling and no bye though

• The King says:

Neither, but Wines over Gibbs. Not ideal trading in a player who will miss next week. Better to trade in a player after their bye, not before.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Can you get anyone else?

• ROB14 says:

I was planning on using 3 trades and picking up 3 players that are worth around 450,000….2 forwards and a mid to finish those positions off, could get a better mid if I grab someone like wingard or jjk but not sure on them both?

• redherringfc says:

I’d be picking up jjk so I could get the best midfielder I can.

• theRealPod says:

Wines plays well at home and is in a better team.

• Redpill5 says:

I don’t like either much but port has a good run over the next 4-5 weeks. Wines is more of a contested player than Gibbs too.

• Craigo$$ says:

Ablett

6. NoobQ says:

Is thee a way to easily see a ranking of players per round, eg highest to lowest scorer for Round 12 only?

7. KingWinter7 says:

Wait 2 weeks on Buddy or get him this week? Only the break even of 50

Is it worth trading English to Olango for $185k?

What to do with Mirra will he ever get named again or is it time to be traded?

• Lekdog says:

If im trading English to a 0 itd be a ruc/fwd just because you never know if that might help but yeah worth it, if Mirra isnt named you can pull the pin. Id prefer to wait on Buddy

• BadgerHoney7 says:

i think its worth going english to olango – or look at blokes at 102k who have the most sunday/late games this year.

• The King says:

I would trade English down to get cash, currently injured and not a certainty to walk back in the team.

8. Chris says:

Jjk is very tempting!

• joe says:

Scored 100+ in only 4 of his last 18 games … and turned in some clunkers in that time frame (29, 49, 56, 58, 59),

• pigjumpprusik says:

Trading him in this week to finish my forwards. Billings at F7 so hopefully one of them scores well and can use the emergency loophole

9. Redpill5 says:

Ive got 16 before trades this week, 17 if Laird gets up. I’m going to bring in buddy this week. Can almost sideways trade fritsch into buddy, or may trade out smith if his calf is more than 2 weeks. Other trade is likely to be spargo or Stephenson for jjk.

10. Ja191 says:

Who would everyone have as a keeper out of fritsch or doedee if trades become an issue? thinking doedee will be more consistent

• Marcus says:

Fritsch for me, since his role change hasn't dropped below 85 for 5 weeks

• Patch says:

Guts says Fritsch, head says Doedee.

I'd keep Doedee if I had to keep one of them

• theRealPod says:

Doedee is a solid player, I'd prefer him of the two.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'm going to have both, due to stuff all trades left, happy to have both on field.

• Ja191 says:

Cheers fellas <3 looking like dodoo is the go

11. Claire says:

Hi Lekdog.
    I haven’t posted for team before but need help from experienced SCers.
    I started the year well but I have had my fair share of injuries but haven’t managed my team very well and now down to 13 trades and $25K. I did ok last week but I will only get about 15 on the park this week and maybe 17 the following week!!!!
    Sicily, Howe, McGovern, Laird, Doedee, Naughton – Duran, Ridley
    Fyfe, Danger, Oliver, J. Kelly, Mitchell, Gaff, Parker, M. Crouch – Dow, Spargo, Crowden
    Grundy, Gawn – Olango
    R. Gray, Heeney, Smith, Guelfi, ZGL, Fritsch – Ahern, Keeffe

• The King says:

Still got quite a few rookies on field. First priority must be to get a def premo in, can't have Naughton/Duman/Ridley at D6.

Simpson or Yeo coming off their bye are good trade in options. Look at team selections for downgrade options. Battle, Giro are 2 rookies who should play who don't have a bye this week

• Jack says:

If it was me I'd use 3 trades this week to try to get to 18 on the field without compromising next week. It's tough because their doesn't seem to be many rookies on offer who have had their bye already.
      I'd do Fritsch, ZGL & Guelfi out for McLean, Kennedy, and a named rookie if you can afford that. Then the following week beef up the backline with Yeo, Simpson or Hurley.
      Nice team

• Claire says:

Sorry, I meant Patch re above

• BrownlowBoy says:

Hi Claire,

I'd trade Spargo to Giro
      Trade Naughton to Heron – despite him already having a price rise.
      And trade Langdon to a premium forward such as McLean

Otherwise if you would like a premium defender
      Spargo to Giro
      Langdon to Battle (despite only playing 1 game I know but might be the best bet)
      and Naughton to a premium defender.

• Patch says:

Agree with the first comment here, Claire – Naughton has to go! ZGL another candidate to be flicked. If you go ZGL and Spargo down and Naughton up to Yeo I think that would help. Liam Ryan an option up forward if he's named!

• redherringfc says:

All sound suggestions above, but because of your low number of trades and a few positions still to fill, I’d go for Simpson over Yeo to save about 25k. I’d also try to pick up JJK this week and then cross my fingers he can actually find some form.

• Lekdog says:

Flick as many non-playing rookies as possible Claire, upgrade Fritsch and Guelfi if possible. JJK and another premo in

12. James says:

This weeks trades
    Cole>ahern via Sicily going to def
    Petracca > jjk
    Holman > gaff
    Have 19 on field if dusty and laird play
    Any other rooks I should consider rather than ahern?

• The King says:

Ahern looks to be the best rookie available. Got the bye this week though so would be advisable to wait if possible.

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

One that I'm keeping an eye on is Liam Ryan. Some chance he could be back this week.

13. Josh says:

MIDFIELDERS
    1 N. Fyfe
    2 T. Mitchell
    3 P. Cripps
    4 A. Gaff
    5 T. McLean
    6 S. Coniglio
    7 P. Dangerfield
    8 Z. Merrett
    E. Phillips
    C. Spargo
    ?????

i will Swing T. McLean forward after the byes

who should i get i got danger and gaff what other mid

14. FearTheBeard says:

Walters or JJK to average more for the final part of the season?

• Connor says:

Walters should but he also has 2 weeks off now (suspension then bye) and may miss more due to injury

• Patch says:

Safe money would be on Walters, even with suspension, but I can see JJK making me regret that call very easily

15. Sam_01 says:

Boys if you reach full premium with 5 trades in the bank is there any room for a luxury upgrades/trade will have the cash so will just have to blow one to fix it up, sick of dud savage stinking it up in my backline
    Feel like this is a rhetorical question and I just have to hold the trades though haha

• Keenbutclueless says:

Same question. 6 trades left with Hibberd. Have enough cash for Hurn. So tempting!

Get rid of hib

• Sam_01 says:

Would love to go savage to Harris Andrews or crisp as a pod, but there’s still a long way to go in the season could run myself into trouble…
          Crisp and Harris Andrews both have a 5 round average of more than 20 points over savage!
          And agree with wow hibberd is a stinker glad I flicked him when I did haha, just going to savage didn’t really fix the situation

• Sc_Wow says:

Might as well trade a player you hate if he’s going poor no fun having a team you don’t like

• redherringfc says:

Assuming you’re playing for leagues.

I’d only trade out Savage if you’re struggling to make the finals. If all is good come finals trade him then.

I’m going to hit full premo with 10 trades left and I’m holding Savage, for now.

• Sam_01 says:

Well i think I’m still playing for rank haha I dropped out of the top 1000 after sub par outings the previous two weeks of

16. Blueth says:

Anyone gonna try their luck on some De Goey action post bye?
    Midfield time?

17. Jack says:

is Jordan De Goey an option as a forward since he played midfield on the weekend

18. ROB14 says:

Anyone tempted by wingard or jjk?

• Sam_01 says:

Darling won’t be out forever and has taken the spotlight from jjk. Normally jj has his highs and lows and averages around that 95 mark he is well down on that at 75, could only see him being viable till darling returns as a stepping stone kind of trade, is handy bye coverage though aswell

• Sam_01 says:

Kennedy played a ripper last week with the 6 snags and still only managed 120! Don’t know how that worked out but just doesn’t seem to be getting the job done points wise
        Port have to many players that can do the same role well so they think, boak, the grays, chad, rocky. Chad could find himself stuffed in the pocket next to Robbie gray when he finds form, tempting prospect while in the mids but not worth the risk

• Sc_Wow says:

I’d take 120 any day of the week. The game was won so be chilled in the last quarter.

• Sam_01 says:

Would you pick up jjk for an f6 though? He generally averages out well and is up there by the end, doesn’t look like it this season though

• Sc_Wow says:

Yeah I’ve got him. Like you said has enough big games to be up there in average

• Crow94 says:

You do realise he scored low because of injury not Darling right?

• Sam_01 says:

perhaps, can’t try deny that darling isn’t soaking up his points though, and for a bloke who has had a career high average of 97 and a rough average of 95
          Soaking up that extra goal or so every game is not doing Kennedy any favours. Not saying Kennedy is a bad pick great value and good bye coverage I’m just saying I don’t expect him to storm home and there are probably better options, just my opinion though. Darling is no longer in Kennedy’s shadow and has seemed to take over the role as the go to guy

• Patch says:

Please don't mention That Port Adelaide Forward without a trigger warning. Not in the slightest.

JJK intriguing though

19. Claire says:

Hi Patch. Would you mind making some constructive suggestions regarding my team as I am in strife this week and probably the following week. Sigh!

• Sc_Wow says:

Hi Claire looks like a lot of community members have already given you great advice. I wouldn’t keep asking for patch over and over

• Claire says:

Mind your own business.
        I would like an expert a la Patch to offer his assistance. If he is overwhelmed by questions then fine.
        I have taken on board what deleted, Jack and especially Brownlow boy have offered and and this stage will take a combination of their constructive comments. Thanks boys.

• Patch says:

He's just trying to help, Claire!

I've popped a comment above, the wonderful humans in the comments are normally pretty good on the advice front!

• Sc_Wow says:

Yep just trying to help Claire, I know patch is a busy man and I had seen you’d already been given great advice

20. Wedge says:

Want to trade in Def/mid rookie to swing with Angus brayshaw. I want to make the trade this week so I can make a three premo trade next week. Options are Joel Smith or Tom Murphy.
    Joel Smith better score/more dollars/one game
    Tom Murphy cheaper/less points/played two games.
    Anyone got any advice?

• pigjumpprusik says:

Would wait a week for Tom Murphy to ensure he is named round 14, iffy job security.
      Smith although expensive, looks to be the Lever replacement and should be ok

• Wedge says:

Probably worth the extra money for more security. Actually thinking about it, Joel Smith playing for Melbourne is a good fit with brayshaw. Just nervous because I got Tim Smith and we know what happened there.

21. johnno2908 says:

To Macrae or not to Macrae… BE of 219 so could lose anywhere from $30k-$50k this week.

22. Willymack1234 says:

Hoff or JJK?

Hoff for mine

• redherringfc says:

Safer with Hoff, but jjk is value and he might be in for some big scores.

I’m going jjk this week as i pick up 3 premiums. I’m well short of the $$ for anyone else. If I had more money I’d play a safer bet, which probably wouldn’t be Hoff.

• Rick Grimes says:

Agree. I dont expect JJK to score well this week. Can wait another week imo.

• theRealPod says:

The Hoff should avg more for the rest of the season. Josh K could struggle this week vs Sydney at the SCG although he's cheap atm.

23. iLoveNMFC says:

Thoughts?
    Trade Zac Langdon to Franklin?
    OR
    Trade Guelfi to Simmo?

24. Condi says:

Looking for advice on midfield coverage for next week.

Currently have: T.Mitchell, Jelwood, Neale, Cripps, Dusty, M.Crouch, Oliver, Dangerfield – Holman, Banfield, Barry.

Gonna trade Banfield for Ahern next week so want to trade out Barry unless anyone thinks he will get a game soon?

Was thinking Barry – W.Brodie

Is Brodie’s JS reasonable?

• pigjumpprusik says:

Brodie should have good JS in a Gold Coast team looking to play young mids. However loosing money to "upgrade" Barry might not be the best use of a trade. Rather trade to Giro and at least bank 80k

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

I was considering Brodie too. Should have good job security and provides additional cover for round 13 and 14 byes. BUT.. 187k is pretty expensive for a 60 point average. I think you're better off if you can find other ways to field 18 players.. but if you're desperate for mid cover maybe an ok option

• Condi says:

Yeah I don’t really want to take Brodie but with the trades I want to do next week and the possibility of Mirra, Ridley and Keefe all being out down back, I’m trying to get some back up. You’re right about the price though, maybe I’ll keep Barry and hope for the best

25. Da_Boysh says:

Any news on Coniglio or Laird will they be back soon?

26. The Ranger says:

I don't want to talk about last week.
    16 scoring players. 10 of them scored 76pts or under.
    Don't think I've ever got a lower score, even when I was still an SC grommet.

Sicily, Westhoff and JJK are coming in this week. 10 trades left after trading. No rookies onfield.
    Things can only get better surely…

27. The Ranger says:

Should also give a bIg shout out to Patch!!
    Great effort mate, now get out there and bring it home!

• Starky says:

It makes me chuckle when I look back at his team reveal.
      All those people below on the thread harping on about what a crap team he has and the fact that it's a joke.
      Patch having last laugh.

• Sc_Wow says:

He’s doing well isn’t he

• Finnius says:

"I don't get it, each team released on here gets worse than the one before. Is it all a joke?

You're midfield is ok. Still not sold on having a bulldogs player in there, Crouch and Zorko, or even Zerrett would be a better selection. "

– SC Wow, Pre Rd 1 on Patch's side and Jackson Macrae

• Patch says:

Haha cheers mate! I'm not considering rankings until after the byes – it can change so much in a week or two depending on donuts. Expecting a pretty solid return to earth this week.

28. ROB14 says:

Lachie hunter a sneaky Pod?

29. SC_Sixty6 says:

Rocky to tag Macrae this week! He doesn't mind sacrificing his game to help the team which is great.

30. Isaac says:

Thoughts??
    Got 9 trades left and 179k in the bank are going to use 2 trades this week.
    Im planning to trade out Holman(Swing Spargo into Midfield to get Holman's cash in foward line) and Fritsch for Gray and Franklin.
    Are there any better options? Have 963k to spend from Holman and Fritsch + 179k

• Patch says:

If you're set for the last bye then sure, but I worry about bringing Buddy in before then. Robbie Gray is probably a bit overpriced for mine as well, so if you're missing Sicily or McLean I'd pick them up first

31. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Im considering getting de goey in as my last forward upgrade after rd13, bucks said in an interview that they were always looking to get degoey more involved in the midfield, but he was playing such an important role forward that they couldn't. With Cox, Stephenson, WHE and J.Thomas filling that role quite well, and with the addition of Fasolo and Elliot still to come, does this free up DeGoey for more midfield time? He looked ferocious when running through the centre square against Melbourne. Lots to consider

• Rocksta_ says:

Yea, he looked great yesterday. I think they’ll swing him forward if struggling in any given game, but he played that well out of the guts yesterday you’d have to think they will persevere

• Marty says:

You make an excellent point here. I might need to do more research here.

• Rick Grimes says:

Like the thought process there. Worth a prolonged look.

32. SamuraiPizzaCat says:

With quite a few BYE players on my forward line this week and also Walters suspended I'm looking at an upgrade here.

Have: Heeney, McLean, D Smith (bye), Walters (suspended), Petracca (bye), Fritsch (bye), Guelfi (bye), T Smith (bye)

Thinking of going Fritsch to Westhoff.. any other ideas? Trading Petracca out is also tempting

• Da_Boysh says:

walters out is rough.. ruins my byes..

I think you might need that Westhoff. JJK might be another option but a risky one

• pigjumpprusik says:

I'd almost keep Fritsch over Petracca. Tough call to make but Fritsch's recent form is very good where as Petracca's average hasn't improved at all from last season. Westhoff arguably the best bye free fwd you don't have, unless you don't have Sicily in your backline.

33. Mark says:

Not too sure what to do here, any thoughts? Currently ranked 37. Seriously don't know what to do, would like to move up and keep my top 100 at the least.

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Webster, Simpson, McDonald (Austin, Doedee)
    Mid: Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, Treloar, Merrett, Rockliff (Ahern, Phillips, Fogarty)
    Ruck: Gawn, Martin (McInerney)
    Fwd: Heeney, McLean, Gray, Hogan, D.Smith, Spargo (T.Smith, Keefe)

Have 133,500 to play with.

Looking at going McInerney, Spargo & Fogarty > Sicily, Giro & Abbott leaving me $134,200 for future upgrades. Would give me a happy full set on each line coming out of the byes and 19 playing this week and 18 next week at this stage. Gives me DPP between Sicily, T.McDonald.

• pigjumpprusik says:

I like those trades! Sicily is a must have and works well with TMac. Leaves enough cash to potentially upgrade Rocky to someone like Danger or Kelly

• Patch says:

Love seeing a side with Tommy McDonald – really rate those trades as well. Reckon your side is better placed than mine to make a run at this thing, mate!

• Mark says:

cheers guys:) Just want confirmation before doing them and committing.

• The Ranger says:

Nice trades Mark, dunno if I'd bother with Abbot tho.
      Olango is 20K cheaper and has a lot of late games so works well for looping.

• Rick Grimes says:

Awesome rank. That's something to truly brag about. Trades look solid.

• sixtywowsux says:

Yeh i thought people with high ranks call everyone else flogs

• Holty01 says:

Fantastic work Mark on ur rank and side. Agree with Sicily as will allow the swing with Mcdonald and Keefe.
      How many trades left?

• Mark says:

lol, yeah, that's the killer 9 after this. Will be conserving from here on out. 133,500 to play with though is a bonus if I need it

• Valens_FC says:

Great work on the rank Mark. Only other option I can see is downgrade Doedee. Go to Redman early?

Then you can do only two trades and not bother with the Abbot one which I agree with the Ranger doesn’t add a lot. Great work and all the best for your tilt at the title!

• Mark says:

Hoping might be able to get Dangerfield and Dustin Martin in at a later date, and maybe Franklin?

• BVB21 says:

great team.

he have similiar rank and squad.

only differences are i have

Hurn, Savage, Parker, Dangerfield, Grundy, Franklin

Vs your

Lloyd, Webster, Coniglio, Treloar, Martin, Heeney

If you have enough trades you are in a great spot though as i already traded Doedee and Fogarty.

Good luck in the run home!

34. BringBackBillings says:

I have an idea for next year. The best 17 ranked JR Community teams come together for a Champions League next season. Me and my 50,000th rank are also in because it was my idea.

35. pigjumpprusik says:

Looking slightly ahead, 1st week of SC Finals, Melbourne play GC at the G. Anyone still needing a mid upgrade and doesn't have Oliver, would be my recommendation

• Jack says:

McDonald & Hogan are gonna go huge

• Sam_01 says:

Boys a chucked a tenner on tmac for the Coleman a month or so ago when it was paying $101 get around the bigman community

36. Michael says:

McLean or Bont this week?
    If I go McLean i will get cripps or josh Kelly next week
    But
    If I go with the Bont I will trade tom McDonald next week so that I can swing with Sicily
    Thoughts? Sorry if that’s unclear

37. Stacky23 says:

Thoughts on Jack crisp for Doedee after his bye, 5rd average of 110 and looked to be involved with everything this rd

• theRealPod says:

I like him Stacky. I watched how he went about it y'day and he looks smart and is improving as the Pies play better. I have 2 spots to fill in def then I'm done. He's definitely one I'm considering.

• Danners says:

Doesn't look too bad if you are looking to take punt. The safer option would be Howe though

• Sam_01 says:

I’m a pies supporter I like crisp but always thought he was a flog, makes so many inexcusable mistakes knows how to run and boot the pill tho, is on my radar, does Murray coming back in steal any of his mojo tho!?!

38. D0nut says:

Thoughts on these trades community?

12 Trades left. HOPING LAIRD PLAYS

DEF J. Lloyd, Laird, Siciliy, Simpson, Austin, L.Murphy (Hurley, Hibberd)

MID: Fyfe, Titch, Cripps, Parker, Coniglio (BYE), Rocky, Higgins, E.Phillips (Oliver, Spargo, Barry)

RUC: Grundy(BYE), Gawn(BYE) (King)

FWD: Heeney, McLean, Menegola, Fritsch (BYE), D.Smith, Ronke (T.Smith, Guelfi)

Trades:
    If Laird plays: T.Smith -> Westhoff (I'll be fielding 18)
    If Laird doesnt play: Hibberd -> Yeo, T.Smith -> Westhoff, Spargo->Ahern for cash (I'll be fielding 18 also)

39. TommyC99 says:

Hey guys, so would love some help as to what trades i should do this week? I have 12 trades left and 163k in the bank

Yeo, Laird , Howe, Sicily, Simmo, Duman (ridley, Austin)
    Fyfe , Danger, Titch, Cogs, Pendles, Dusty, Rockliff, Maclean (phillips, Dow, Spargo )
    Gawn, Nic Nat, (english)
    Heeney, Westhoff, Smith, Fristch, Guelfi, T Smith, (Henry, Keeffe)

Any suggestions appreciated!

• redherringfc says:

Do you know who you want as your last mid? Assuming Rocky stays and McLean goes forward.

If it’s a player who has had their bye (unlikely) then Guelfi out, McLean forward and bring them in. This would be priority number 1.

Otherwise you need a forward or 2 this week, so maybe JJK for value or Buddy for value (just a higher priced value, but he comes with a free round 14 donut)

With that team I’d try to hold Fritsch for a bit longer, but if he needs to go, he needs to go.

• TommyC99 says:

Thanks for the lengthy response mate. I have been eyeing off Gaff or Oliver for a few weeks, Oliver obviously has the bye this week but i feel as tho i should wait until next week for that mid upgrade seeing my forward line is the issue this week. JJK or the chad are at very nice price right now, i especially like the Chad seeing Ports run home is very soft, but JJK's role is a lot more clear and no Darling helps him too.

• Keenbutclueless says:

I think you might get Bont Giro and JJK for Spargo, Guelfi and T Smith.

• Sam_01 says:

Your forward line is cooked this week probably worth upgrading one of your rnd 12 bye players

40. Cam2150 says:

How many trades should we have left after bye rounds?

• Sam_01 says:

I got 5 at full premo cutting it fine! I’ve had just about every injury in the book so you should hopefully Be sitting in the 8-12 range if everything went smooth sailing I’d say, also depends how many upgrades you need to do

• Lekdog says:

I reckon most will have around 8

• Russty_ says:

Hey Lek, that's effectively 8 trades for 8 rounds assuming we make our League Final..is that enough you reckon?

• Finnius says:

I'm only going to have 5-6… preferably 7-8.

• Russty_ says:

Yikes I'd be panicking if I was gonna be down that low…so much can go wrong in 8 rounds, hope you get through unscathed mate.

• HumanBob says:

6 will be enough for me.
          after this week I'll be swinging seedsman d7-m9 and have jjk as F7. I'll keep rookies fritsch and maybe the def/mid smith as additional cover to my final cashout rooks of battle, redman or similar. will leave me with 300k-400k and 6 trades but I'll have 85+ ave 'best22' bench cover on all lines except the ruck.
          6 trades might be too many coz you can't keep 'em for next year so I'm considering 'burning' a couple to swap stef to grundy and M8-Cogs to Gaz

• Russty_ says:

Hey there Bob, Hope you're right mate, sounds like you have a a plan, hope it works out and you kick ass this year mate.

You’ll be fine

• Defying_Madness says:

I will be down to 4 with Merret in my team…

• bipolar 66 says:

oh my goodness what a personal question, whats your rank flog?

• Lazza says:

I will have 11.. with 21 premos.. though might only be 20 as I will probably use 1 trade to do a sideways trade next week.

41. WithAllDueRespect says:

I have 9 – I am full premo apart from 2 spots in backline with one being Doedee.

42. Ja191 says:

dusty will play for anyone wondering – “Dustin’s great. He had a good running session yesterday and he’s symptom free . . . He just needed an extra day or two from the soreness of last week. Unfortunately, with the six-day break, we just got caught a tiny bit short. So he’ll be fine for this week. We expect him to train all week and play.” Source-richmond site

• dontblushbaby says:

YLW N BLK

• Socceroo says:

Traded him out last week for Josh Kelly =144 pts who will continue to star and who knows with Dusty. All I hear are excuses for his ordinary year. Will he come good. Maybe, but he is not the player he was. Well done to those who didn’t select him early this year.

• Ja191 says:

yeah I had the same trade pencilled in and was gonna whack the vc on him aswell, only thing that stopped me was trades. At worst I see him averaging 100 which isn't a terrible m8 and could explode at any time

• Tiger says:

Not sure that's a good trade. Kelly will be rested in the future with his crook groins and his 144 came from a poor Gold Coast team who were depleted ??

• Defying_Madness says:

66 gave the all clear on the groins

• Tiger says:

Yeah for now, but mark my words he's too valuable to risk and the slightest twinge and he'll be rested again. Trades are gold. Just think the risk is too great and there's other midfielders at better value. Just my thoughts.

• Russty_ says:

Happy to hang onto him for now, I reckon he'll come good and ark up moving closer towards the Finals, 105 ave isn't terrible, needs to start dropping some regular tons soon though and hopefully big ones.

• Tiger says:

Yes your right Russty if you already have him I would too but my comments were more directed at those that are thinking about trading him in. He is a gun though, just too big a risk to me atm.

• Russty_ says:

No worries Tiger, I was actually responding to Socceroo mate. Wish I didn't start with Dusty..lol, could've saved myself 150k

• Ja191 says:

At least you didn’t bring him in at 660k after his big scores haha

Yep, may as well have though…brought him in after round 3 when he was 656K…lol

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Ouch Russty. That's goto hurt…..the first 2 rounds he got 139, 160 and then it went downhill from there. You got a 141 out of him and that's it. That hurts.

43. Havin a crack says:

Hogan
    Buddy
    JJK
    R Gray
    Buys and cash aside, who do you great guys believe will come home averaging the highest from now?

• Havin a crack says:

I’m not chasing points but I’ll thro de goey in there as a option also

• pigjumpprusik says:

Maybe Buddy. Hard to split him, Gray and Hogan

• redherringfc says:

Haven’t seen a Swans game for a while, but I think Buddy might be in for a huge second half of the season.

44. r_calve says:

is smith to brody a good trade

45. Yeahnahyeah says:

Trade which one out of Guelfi, Fritsch, or T. Smith this week or keep them all and field 17 instead?

46. SC_Sixty6 says:

For us all that are looking to fill the final positions in our team I urge you to pick up the pods. No point dieing wondering or trying to gain points through a rare captain choice when most don't have what it takes to get away from the safe option week in week out.

If you're trying for top 5k, top 1k top 100 or top 10 you won't gain by sticking by the usual suspects that everyone looks at getting. Some for sure are a standout pick. But be brave and you will climb quickly or may fall quickly. I know I would rather try something left field than be content having same scores as everyone around you.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I wish you wrote this before I took the C off Oliver and put it on Gawn, because of a challenge and the fact most of my opponents had the C on big Maxy.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Haha sorry John! Because I go for rank I generally don't look at who I'm playing. I do agree when you check who you're playing you try and tend to nullify them rather than just go guns blazing what you honestly think.

• JohnDJ59 says:

That's exactly right 66, last year I hardly looked at who my opponents had, just picked my team and let the results look after themselves.

• Lazza says:

Hmmm, I’m thinking for cash leagues as we get closer to the finals it is important to check out who the likely GF finalist candidates have in their team.. the differences are pods obviously. but it tends not to be based on the POD% we see through the season .. simply because 56% had it wrong.
          Most of the winners in my leagues over the years have played the long game.. going into the finals with 4 to 6 trades which allowed us to differentiate or narrow the contest.

• JohnDJ59 says:

It sure does help, having those trades up your sleeve, come finals time, I had 6 trades left going into the finals last year, which I ended up not even needing, but it was good to have them sitting there.

• Russty_ says:

My plan worked John!…nah mate I would've been happy with the draw, sorry you got robbed a point…Next time, no challenges ok? 🙂

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hey Russty, I just looked at who I play in the coming rounds and I've got you in the Sons in round 14, nooooooo, I am so stuffed in that round I will be losing every game and tumbling back down in rank again. No more trades for me for a while, not many left, I've used as many as I had at round 16 last year and I was good enough to full premo then.

• Russty_ says:

Hey John, don't worry about it mate, when rank is out of the equation, Leagues can come into it more, even if you have to hold off trading for 3 weeks, you can still win some Leagues by letting others run out of trades and fade away. You're a good player mate, you just had a bad run this year, next year will be different.
            Still 10 rounds to go!

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Agreed. I am in POD acquisition mode as of now. This week it is time to say goodbye to the last two turds in my side. Goodbye Toby Nankervis. Don't care if you are playing, your are turning into Mathew Kreuzer. Not a real POD that one, but a hugely important strategic move. $20K for the switch. Michael Hibberd is finally sent packing. Hibberd is turning into Chad Wingard via DPP (Keefe)this week. A nice little bargain POD ($375K) play. Wingard is getting a lot more midfield time and is starting to pump out tonnes. Very handy over the next two weeks with Rocky. Bye bye Billings, Petracca, Christensen, Hibberd, and Nankervis. Woohoo! At last, the spuds are gone.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

A good cleanse feels real good! Satisfying

• Defying_Madness says:

Like the Wingard move, tossing up between him and JJK for my last forward spot

• Porkupine says:

So am I but Patch gave Wingard the thumbs down because of his injury history, but then again, even Patch and other Procasters don’t get it right 100%

• Defying_Madness says:

Hawk will Wingard be your F6 for the year?

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Tough question DM.

He may in fact turn into my final M7 if Rocky or another premo stinks it up or gets injured in my midfield. If Wingard turns it on and goes on with it, he may well turn into my F6. He is only 24 years old and he could explode at the back end of the season. Plenty of midfield time at the moment which is exciting.

Cheers mate.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Oh how I wish I could say bye-bye to that many turds.

• Lazza says:

Good advice .. but is your team called POD Fiction? 😜

• SC_Sixty6 says:

My team is POD Fiction correct.

• Lazza says:

That’s funny .. not the name or the recommendation.. it’s just that they are sort of juxtaposed.. if you get what I mean 👍

• Russty_ says:

"Most don't have what it takes to get away from the safe option week in week out"…is that because they're all mindless Sheep?
      I count 5 pods in your team out of your 18 or so premos..the rest seem to be the usual suspects.
      People don't usually end up getting the same scores as everyone else because everyone has different teams with 30 players in them.
      Like you said, the Pods can work in your favour but can also fail and make you wish you'd gone for someone more proven.

Only at the end can you really tell which was the right choice or not.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Make it 7 pods with the coming trades Russty!

I'll never wish I had gone a 'safer' option. I prefer to pull the trigger and if it comes off great if not too bad. On the other hand when I go safe and it doesn't come off its even more annoying.

Basically a third of my team pods……the rest of the 'usual suspects' as I stated you have to have.

It was nice of you to look at my team but in your bid to critically analyse my team you've missed the point on my post. I wanted to urge people to fill the remaining spots in their team with pods. Don't worry about how many I have atm……because my team isn't complete.

• Russty_ says:

Nice edit!…not the original post you put up but yeah I felt compelled to look at your team after you once again referred to the masses of players playing supercoach and JR Community members, as basically mindless drones, no offence.
          And the fact that you recommended people go for pods from now on to avoid ending up "being content having same scores as everyone around you".
          Well, your team is almost complete if you count Devon Smith and Josh Kennedy as premos, otherwise, you still have 4 spots to fill. How many trades will you have left after this week mate?
          Will they get you through the 10 rounds left to play until League Finals?

You two seem very intent on not offending anyone lately although I bet it must be hard for you both, were you given an official warning or were you both Labotomized lately?.

• Sc_Wow says:

Can’t win either way hey ruusty? No need to be rude

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Cheers Russty. It occurred to me your reply totally missed the point of my post afterwards. Easier than clogging feed up with another reply.

8 trades after full premo and yes I'm happy with Smith…..if he falls below 95 avg then I'll trade. No problems there mate.

• Sc_Wow says:

I went safe this week with Gawn and it kicked me in the ass. You and I both know going risky can benefit or hurt Russty look at Andrews and witherden. They sure helped us gain some spots this week.

You won’t gain any spots on people around you if you select the same players, has nothing to do with sheep. But if everyone brings in same players to finish their teams, you’re not going to seperate yourself.

I like the post 66 some good positive energy for the community. My last two spots are reserved for pods, one coming in this week at less than 3% ownership. Yummy

• Russty_ says:

Safe with a Captain's pick is different from picking a permanent high ownership player to stay in your side, agree Pods can be very valuable if they stay pods,and if they're good enough to help your team improve, guys like Oliver started at 6% and is now at 18%.
          It's all a bit of a crapshoot in the end with some educated guesses in between.

• Sc_Wow says:

Yeah but if you get them as pods the points you get before everyone jumps on puts you ahead. Jjk for example I’ve got his 122 in the bank.

• Russty_ says:

Fair enough for people like you two, who play for rank only, I'm in it for the Leagues and still hopefully finish at a respectable rank as a bonus.

47. Hannah says:

Hey guys I am very stuck after last week 🙁 any help would be greatly appreciated. Players with byes have an *.

Laird, Yeo, Hurley*, Rance, Murray*, Austin (Keefe*, Mihocek*)
    Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Cripps, Oliver,* Dusty, Rocky, Holman (Phillips, Garlett, Ahern*)
    Gawn*, Nic Nat (Balta)
    Heeney, McLean, Franklin, Fritsch*, Christensen*, Henry (English, Spargo*)

• pigjumpprusik says:

Depending on cash/trades available, this week:

Upgrade Murray to Sicily
      Christensen to Kennedy, Wingard, Gray or Westhoff
      Downgrade Spargo

Next week upgrade Henry, week after upgrade Holman. That'll leave an almost completed team with Austin, Rocky, Fritsch on field who are capable of half decent scores.

48. Michael says:

Who should be my last midfielder?
    Kelly, Oliver, cripps, Bont or curnow (could be the pick that separates me)

Who should be my last forward?
    Tom McDonald, McLean Robison (McDonald would allow me to swing with Sicily)

I’m ranked 339 I need to make big moves
    Thoughts??

• NoLanguage says:

Kelly and McDonald for mine

• Ja191 says:

Kelly/oliver for midfield (I like Kelly + is more of a pod) and mclean is a must have

• Defying_Madness says:

Treloar next week and McLean this week

• JohnDJ59 says:

Oliver and McLean.or McDonald as a pod.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Michael.

My suggestion to your question is post byes.

OK, from round 15, I can narrow your final midfielder choice to 2 guys.

Clayton Oliver or Josh Kelly.
      Kelly has lower ownership and is superb value. Oliver is an in and under tackling beast and is well worth his current price.

Tom McDonald is my FWD pick if you can afford him. He is not cheap, but if he keeps his forward role then he will do the business. (Risk- He may go down back again after pies exposed Melbourne without Lever down back) Sicily swing very handy premo swing set too. Just my take.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate!

• Marty says:

Oliver and McLean

49. Steve says:

Who do I trade in this week my year has been pretty shit already so I may aswell take a risk
    Thinking either McLean or do I wait for macrae next week (billings to macrae)
    Please help thanks

• Ja191 says:

I wouldn't call mclean or macrae risks but nevertheless would be bringing them in at some point. Some good risks could be the likes of rocky/crisp/ed curnow/harris andrews (low ownership players)

50. noah says:

Who is a good pod midfield for under 637 k?

Any suggestions appreciated.

• Defying_Madness says:

Curnow

• BlueBaggerJosh says:

Gaff

• redherringfc says:

Kelly, if you call him a pod.

• Sam_01 says:

Treloar, I started him as a pod unsure if he still is haha otherwise
        Zorko after everyone dumped him
        Jack redden as a smoky pod
        Shaun Higgins for north aswell
        Redden and Higgins 1% ownshership pension for the pod both have been tearing it up recently

• Russty_ says:

He's still technically a pod Herring if under 10% is a pod, he's at 8. but won't be for very long after this week.

51. Gibbs says:

Thinking of making 2 trades this week,
    Fritsch –> Gray
    Doedee –> Simpson
    Hate to get rid of Fritsch but only have 17 this week due to Walters, Im not really sold on Gray as hes playing predominately forward and I also have Boak, thoughts? This trade leaves me 1 off full premo with 13 trades left. Next week Richards becomes Josh Kelly via DPP

• Gibbs says:

Thoughts ?

• Ja191 says:

I feel like gray is someone you'd keep if you've had him for a while but I wouldn't be bringing him in now. Westhoff or jjk are much better choices imo i'm personally going fritsch to hoff this week

52. seen_burns says:

The Hoff or Gray?

53. TOPHAWK1 says:

Alright community!

Here is a serious question.

With all the premo injuries and corrective trades needed during the season to date, how many trades should you have in the bank coming out of the byes in 2018? And why? (2 PART QUESTION)

1- Overall rank.
    2- Major premiership league victories.

• redherringfc says:

Going for league victory and will have 9 or 10 coming out of the byes.

Full premium, but with players I’d like to upgrade such as Savage and maybe Mundy, Rocky and Merrett.

• Sam_01 says:

Will finnish with 5 will probably blow an extra one to flick savage team will be as follows after this round is done
        Back: laird, yeo, simmo, howe, Sicily, savage
        Mids: danger, dusty, Fyfe, cripps, jkelly, treloar, mitchell, Oliver
        Ruck: Gawn nicnat
        Fwd: Boak Westhoff smith McLean Walters heeny
        Still playing for rank sitting in the top 2k after two stinkers

• Marty says:

Will have around 8 trades with one premo to go. Could have had full premo but I'm fussy with who I want in my team. Getting quality not cheapies.

• Rivo says:

1. Going for my best overall rank, though topping 3/4 leagues still.
      2. Planning to exit byes with 8 trades and be full premium.

54. NoLanguage says:

Last week was the week from hell as we all know. Personally I shat out a 1450 and dropped to 2256 fielding only 15 :/

BUT gotta be positive! This week's trades are Hibberd to Ryan (god that feels good) Spargo to Giro and Fritsch to Gray. Leaves me with only one defensive upgrade and potentially one mid upgrade (to Kelly) despite Merrett and Parker lifting in recent weeks so might not need to pull that trigger. Leaves me with 10 trades.

Does Austin hold his spot with Carlisle back? Need him to field 18.
    Did Giro do enough to hold his spotand earn some cash?
    Laird back this week?

How's everyone else sitting heading into R13?

55. Raver_dave says:

Sicily, gray or westoff?

56. Steeeve says:

Who to get at d6?
    I have Laird, Hurley, Sicily, Yeo, Simpson.

Thinking maybe McGovern, or Howe… open to all ideas

57. Tiger says:

Any Carlton supporters or anyone else who knows, has Ed Curnow been doing any tagging roles or has he been allowed to play freely as a mid. His scoring has been great. Thanks in advance.

• TVWatcher says:

He's done quite a bit of tagging but no full games 3qrtrs was the most. He's scored better in the games where his 'tagger' time was longest

58. Marty says:

Who are the must haves still to go in your team?

Mine are way too expensive now but I still want them in my team

TMac, Oliver and Lloyd/Ryan. Quality if I have the $$$.

59. Adam says:

Is Battle a good rookie to get this week?

• Ja191 says:

Would not be going early on him. There’s a reason he only played 1 game last season. Scored an 8 and got dropped

• bipolar 66 says:

get some pods in flog!

• pigjumpprusik says:

Bruce back in the vfl last week, could easily take his spot. But pretty much no other fwd rookies assuming you have Ahern

60. Russty_ says:

I'm still 5 off full premo here, (whatever that means, a matter of opinion I think)…not sure what the rush is to get to 'Full Premo" with a lot of coaches.
    Will probably do 1, maybe 2 this week but what's the rush I say?
    If you make it to your League final you still have 10 rounds to play this year.
    Of course a lot of those decisions along the way depend on what you're playing for, Rank only or League wins.
    If it's mainly League wins and rank is unimportant to you or you are out of reach of number 1, maybe try a little more patience, my point is it's great to have a full premo side but not if there's still 10 rounds to play and 6 of your players get injured and the other 2 get suspended, if you only have 8 trades left.
    Not saying anyone's particular philosophy is right or wrong here, just saying, it's some food for thought, maybe if you're mainly about Leagues and you're in 10, wouldn't 5 wins out of 10 be a good thing? 🙂

• pigjumpprusik says:

The quicker you get to full premo, generally the more competitive you are in your leagues. No point falling out of the 8 and in a steep uphill battle to make finals because you're fielding rookies compared to opposition premium's. Only rank I care about is the league ladder.

I've still got 8 trades after this week and I feel like that's plenty being nearly full premo with Kennedy F6, Billings F7, Rocky a temporary m8.

• Russty_ says:

I'm currently going out of 10 leagues 1st, 11th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 10th, 1st, 2nd, 8th and 11th, 15 trades left and ranked just over 1200.
        Sorry but don't agree that quicker to full premo is better, it just leaves more time for more shit to go wrong.
        All the Leagues i'm I'm in are mostly players from JR who are trying, and invested in the whole season with no giver-upperers.

• Holty01 says:

Agree with u Russty. People forget the quicker they get to full premo means sometimes they are moving on rookies b4 they peak in price and sometimes start picking fallen premos because they are cheaper but inturn know they wont be the best pick when finals come. No point rushing to full premo if not going for rank. Take ur time and get who u need.

• Russty_ says:

Those ones you need tend to become available with the right amount of patience Holty…they always seem to magically appear, towards the end of the season, if you have any trades left, I remember one year, I traded Toby Greene in during the finals, and he won me 5 finals as C, and Buddy…175 when it was critically needed.
            Can't make any funky late moves without trades.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I've never worried about when I get to full premo, last year it happened to be round 16 and even then it depends what people call full premo, I might like a player that others don't consider a premo, but who is good enough for me. I usually know at the start of the season who I want in my team, some you have to pay up for at the start, others you wait till you think they have bottomed out and hope you have the cash to get them in. Last year everything worked like clockwork, this year has been the opposite, so won't have to worry about the finals, the bottom 8 thing doesn't do anything for me, just hope to get a competitive team on the park and see what happens.

• Sc_Wow says:

I guess you need a different mindset playing for leagues. Seems a bit boring to me to just focus on that, but each to their own

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Leagues have 18 teams in them. Ten leagues is 180 teams …..compared to almost 200 thousand teams I'm up against. I know which I prefer.

It's also good when you can rival someone…..someone that you may never get to play in leagues.

• Holty01 says:

Depends how u look at it. Only 1 winner when it comes to ranks. Although top 10 walk away with money. In the end, if you dont place in those top 10 you are forgotten about very quickly and all who cares is yourself. Enter a league with mates and win, everyone in that league congratulates you and you are discussed until the next season. Dont get me wrong, a high rank is still great to achieve but if you dont win it, you are forgotten about very quickly.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I guess it all comes down to who is in your league. I like to be up against the best. Some people are used to playing in the reserves but I like to play the A grade game.

For me it's PB's each year to achieve. Otherwise what's the point in playing. Goes for alot of things not just in SC too.

• Holty01 says:

Nothing wrong with that point of view. I think you get a good understanding in the first few rounds if you are going to compete for overall. After 3 rounds i was out of the running so looked solely at leagues. Only once ive looked at overall and that was in dream team as i was ranked highly after 6 rounds. League results cost me but wasnt interested in that that year.

61. AuroraBorealis?! says:

This week im bringing in JJK and Yeo at f5 and d5 (jjk to eventually become f6), which leaves me with 10 trades and 2 more positions to upgrade (might be a tight finish, just gotta keep my fingers crossed for less injuries). What position is everyone else in at this time of the season?

• Holty01 says:

Nice picks. But Yeo has a massive b/e. Can you bring in someone else?

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Not really Holty, I’ve already got simmo And sicily. The other candidates for defensive spots are Crisp, Andrews and Hurley, who all have their byes this week

• Claire says:

Thanks Russty. This is my second year at SC and I have learnt a great deal because there is soooo much to learn. Last year I didn’t know about this Jock Reynolds site and in the main it has been very helpful to me this year – Derek, Pie and Hawk in particular early on. Apparently last year the site was even better because there was very few derogatory comments because Jock was a great manager.

62. Russty_ says:

Ok. . I guess cause its about 1.13 in the morning over here in W.A…I'll call it a night and await replies for my inflammatory posts tomorrow lol, If you two guys have actually had shock treatment, Labotomies etc…promise I'll be sympathetic, cause you both seemed to be quite kind to people mostly, except for Claire, who seemed to be singled out for speaking her mind.
    Seems a shame as she's one of the few remaining women on this site, trying to express her opinion, we should all encourage that more.

• Sc_Wow says:

Lol ruusty, I’m rude for saying members of the community have given her great advice? Even patch could see where I was coming from.
      We get it you’ve done a 180 and don’t like us anymore for whatever reason. Stop trying so hard to show everyone that though. Move on mate, things are getting better don’t drag it down.
      Also a little funny you complaing about my apparent singling out, what do you call your post?

Have a good day mate, hope we can all move on

• Beezneez says:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Thanks Russty but I haven't replied to Claire. Cheers.

No false accusations please. Cheers mate. Goodluck this week in SC.

• ToughBretts says:

You seriously need to let this grudge go

63. HammerTime says:

Thoughts on getting Ablett in? Cant quite afford Fyfe or Macrae atm?
    Pretty excited about having the kebablett in my team

64. Josh says:

who are must haves this week???

65. ToughBretts says:

Started with crouch, Duncan and Ablett (hammy, hammy, hammy in the first 3 rounds) so am going to be full premo next week but with only 4 trades for the run home. Have full bench cover on every line, would I be better off taking a zero next week and holding an extra trade?

66. Michael says:

I have two premo spots left (1 forward 1 mid)
    I can either get McLean this week and then get Oliver/Kelly this week
    Or
    I can get Bont this week and get McDonald this week.
    Thoughts??

67. Stacky23 says:

My midfield currently lines up as Macrae,Fyfe,Mitchell,cripps,Martin,Parker,Kelly and Rockliff
    going to keep Rocky as M9 just unsure who to get as my last premium
    Dont know if i should go the safe option in Danger or go a POD seeing everyone in my league has Danger
    Higgins has caught my eye as all tons are 120+ and has an extremely soft run home
    Thoughts?

68. Joe says:

Sicily or Westhoff for the rest of the year? With there run of games who will do better? There scoring potential and scores up to this date is pretty even? cheers

69. Gem says:

195K – 15 Trades – Would love to know what your best trade advice this week.
    DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, (Cole, L Murphy)
    MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Dusty, Titch, E Phillips, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Spargo, Holman, Cogs)
    RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
    FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, Fritsch (Guelfi, Fritsch)

70. Marty says:

If Liam Ryan is named who is thinking about bringing him in?

• Holty01 says:

Probably. Not many rookies to go with this week

• Gem says:

Thanks Marty, what do you think about any of the Port players tonight, or do you think I can wait for next week. You reckon Brayshaw is the one to go out of the rookies?
      Cheers

71. rocknrolla says:

When is Jock, higgo coming back?

72. Mike C says:

Hey fellas (and gals) , need your help!
    Currently ranked 654 overall, but only 9 trades left and still want to upgrade Doedee (to Simmo), Nank (to Grundy it Kreuz) and Fritsch (to not sure who)
    Which ones to prioritise? And which forward if I go for that one this week?
    Thanks all

• Marty says:

Depends who you have.

• Mike C says:

Yeah sorry, have many of the ‘usuals’:
        Laird Lloyd Hurley Yeo, Savage and Doedee at BAC
        Fyfe Danger Martin Conig Cripps Mitchell Zorko JPK in MID
        Gawn and Nank RUC
        McLean Sicily Gray Smith Heeney and Fritsch in FWD

• Marty says:

Depends how much $$ you have and rookies. I would be looking to get TMac if you have the cash. If not Buddy.

73. Marty says:

Anyone worried about Austin being dropped for Carlisle?

• dontblushbaby says:

yep, thats why I didn't bring him in last week, but I also have Rice , good luck Marty nice rank mate

• Marty says:

Thanks mate. Screwed up me getting TMac this week as I was relying on Murphy getting a gig but going Ryan L down back now.

• Russty_ says:

Sorry Marty belated response but Austin could lose his spot when Geary gets back….He's been doing ok though

74. Marty says: