PODCAST: SEND THEM TO THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Filed in Supercoach by on 07/05/2018 • views: 7994

It’s rookie culling time!

It’s that time of year! Where the beautiful, wonderful cows come to the chopping block after weeks of fattening on the wide open spaces of our sides and WHAM – you take the head clean off.

Loveable rogues Lekdog and Patch discuss which rookies to cull and which to bring in (hint, it’s Charlie Spargo) as well as shout at each other for a bit, because it’s what we do.

They also explore some trade in options and have in-depth discussions over some of our terrible selections, such as Jack BLOODY Billings and Luke Parker.

Shout-out to Inner Sanctum members Big Carlos (ranked at 297) andΒ Damo (at 565) who are pushing it towards the pointy end along Patch, who has now peaked at 198 and will begin his slow slide backwards this week.

Shout out your rank in the comments (if you’re proud of it or not, we all love each other no matter if we’re ranked 40,000th or 4th)

Pour yourself a cuppa, settle down on the couch and pull on a blanket as Lek and Patch guide you through the week in Supercoach, with thanks to Fantasy Insider.

Who are you culling this week?

1. Ahmad rubas says:

i know this probably isnt a major factor but would you rather player with 85sc avg and 65 af avg or 85sc avg and 105af avg. on one hand the player with the higher af avg needs to work on contested touches and de etc meanwhile the player with lower af avg probably has to work on getting the ball more. just wanted to get the communties thoughts on this as im struggling on who to get rid of out of doedee and murray if i decide on bringing sicily in

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I'd concentrate on SC scores and worry about their stats which are on the AFL app.

• Ahmad rubas says:

ill have a look at stats on the afl app. what stats are most important for sc scores when compared to af scores?

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Honestly who cares about af scores. You're playing SC.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Af is basic af. (Excuse the pun). The only things recorded are disposals, frees for/against, tackles, marks and scoring

• Russty_ says:

AFL Fantasy is a bit of a joke Ahmad…unlimited trades, scoring is based on touching the ball, rather than what they do with it. Could kick it out on the full and get a stat for a kick. Could handball directly to the opposition and get a stat for a handball.
      It's very primitive.

• Tyruddanaut says:

But they also get a stat for free against on out on the full. Apart from that I agree

• Valens_FC says:

Tend to agree with 66, but it's worth thinking about which stats positively impact SC scoring. Contested possessions, clearances, intercept marks, effective kicks, high kick to handball ratio and tackles are good stats to focus on. Players whose games are built around one or more of those stats tend to be the best scorers in SC. Especially with rookies, if you get a sense they are good at contested ball or tackling, that is a great indicator that they will find a way to get themselves into games and generate good cash for you.

• Ahmad rubas says:

ok so contested ball clearances intercept marking tackles effective kicks and high kick to handball ratio are good stats for sc thanks for the response this will hopefully help in deciding who to cull from finlayson murray and doedee if any

• Sc_Wow says:

Just look at there BE for that decision. They all have pretty similar ceilings and floors

• Ahmad rubas says:

Based on breakeven finlayson would be first to traded out but I'm leaning towards keeping him and trading Murray. Looking at the stats defintely trading banfield before Holman as holman is an elite tackler it seems

• HumanBob says:

If its only a matter of few points difference in the b.e Ahmad I suggest that you trade the one with the lowest average first.
              You have all 3 on the field and want to score as many points as possible.
              Supercoach Gold says that Murray, Finlayson, Doedee will vary in price after this round by a range of -3k to +8k all based on predicted scores 79-81.
              I have the same 3-players and will be trading Murray because finlaysons DPP is very valuable during the byes

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Add meters gained in there too. That is gold. That's why you'll see Mitchell get 50 touches and only 150 SC because he doesn't gain much ground for his team.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Is there a specific website you reccomended for these stats?

• NEIL DEMONS DELIGHT says:

Definitely Murray first mainly due to dpp but his average is also a bit lower Close call Doodee and Finlaysen for me

2. SC_Sixty6 says:

Nice Patch good work. #198 solid, Macrae has been your master stroke for starting him.

Currently #762
    If NIC NAT gets rubbed out for that tackle it looks like the game is dead.

• Patch says:

Cheers mate! You've done very well to get yourself to 762 considering the rough run you had to start the year!

• Tyruddanaut says:

You don’t have to be worried with that rank. You can always get a cheap R3

• Da_Boysh says:

I remember how much grief everyone gave Patch on the team reveal. I bet they are eating their words

3. Blaknight says:

So I need to get Macrea in this week or hell become to pricey. That's the easy part. Unfortunately I need to trade T.Kelly this week to do so if I am also to get Spargo.

Ultimately I'd prefer not to go Kelly but I am 3k short to make Finlayson/Christensen for Macrea/Spargo work. Question is; is it worth trading Kelly out now for Macrea or take the gamble hoping Macrea does increase the projected amount.

Unfortunately I don't have any Mid/Back DPP to enable me to trade Finlayson and Doedee which would give me the cash to do it.

• Lekdog says:

I wouldn't be trading Kelly. Maybe target a different premo this week

• Holty01 says:

Agreed

• Holty01 says:

Can you see a win coming soon for our Blue Boys Lek?

• Lekdog says:

This week

• Holty01 says:

Lets hope. Im actually finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Got some good young players coming through. Cant fault their efforts but their skill level is what lets them down. Hope they can pick up a key forward and back in the next year to help the youth. Lynch and Mcgovern would be a dream

• Lekdog says:

They would be ideal players to get into the team, not sure on the likelihood of it happening though.
              I've been a believer of this rebuild since Bolts came in, never agreed with some of the decisions made since Ratten left (not that I think he would've won us a flag or anything). I've watched enough American sports to know that getting young talent is the key, not just one pick but a range of young guys. I'm on board…

and Essendon aren't very goodl

• Holty01 says:

Yeah terrible decision to get rid of Ratten. They were a kick away from a Preliminary Final and they got rid of him. Bolts has been fantastic for the club. I just hope the fans stay patient because i can see something good happening in a few years

• NFI says:

If they didn't get rid of Ratten, Eddie Betts would still be there.
                  As a Crows fan I'm glad they but believe he (Ratten) was well worth another 2 to 3 year term.

• Russty_ says:

Reckon Kelly's a legit keeper…best rookie this year by far.

• pod says:

If u have Sicily you can sub him from the forwards trading doodle then switching a fed from mid to for then trade doodee for McRae

• NEIL DEMONS DELIGHT says:

Averages over a ton so it's going to be hard to see a better M8 Keeper for me but so was OTTEN last year.

• Russty_ says:

Agree Neil, he should be our last upgrade of the season only if his performance starts dropping off, but he looks like a settled in permanent part of the Cat's Midfield now, and has embraced it.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Don’t chase points with Macrae. He’s going to touch down sometime and will be receiving more tags.

• Valens_FC says:

Agree with the other comments, now is not the time to bring Jack in. After Brisbane this week, the fixtures get tougher for the Dogs and whilst I wouldn't expect him to suddenly score badly he probably will come back to the field a bit.

• Russty_ says:

Agree Valens, he only needs a few lower scores to end up like Dusty and Mitchell are priced now. Then it's pounce time.

4. Ken says:

Should I get Matt crouch or go for Macrae?

5. Sc_Wow says:

I’M RANKED 29th

• SC_Sixty6 says:

You're very creative with your troll names!

• Russty_ says:

Shame he couldn't create a profile for himself?

• Pete says:

Anyone ranked extremely well would definitely give out there team. I don't believe a word SC_WOW has to say…

• Patch says:

You ripper! You double downgrading this week or painting the fence to maintain rank?

Braggy Mc-bragface πŸ™‚

• SC_Sixty_6 says:

Cool story bro

• Valens_FC says:

Loving your work Wow……. one thing to come in and make an impact in the comments, but the story is only getting better each week with the ranking. Could go down as one of the great JR community tales if you take home the $50k!

• Russty_ says:

That was funny the other day when that hater was accusing you of not revealing your team name after you told him you were ranked 29th, it's not too hard to figure out if you go to the rankings and scroll down a bit..there you are haha

6. Patch says:

Billings owners: are you trading or holding?

• Wood says:

Burning an effigy of the prick first.
      I'll decide soon after that.

• Browncow says:

Think he has to go if you have the trades (I have bigger issues). If $150k is your minimum threshold for a cashcow then Billings is on the verge of becoming a reverse cow.

• Corey says:

Holding

• North says:

Lost to much to trade. Hold and how for now

• Marty says:

He will be my last trade

• Brady says:

Traded to Mclean

I'm trading him out for Hogan, in round 4 πŸ™‚

• WTFoxtrot_58 says:

7 weeks of pain is too much..it does feel good.
      Watched my first Saint game Sunday (TV) and his confidence is shot. Hope he gets it back but he has now joined Zorko, M Crouch, J Kelly on my retired bench this season. The pain…..

• PJ King says:

First I'm waiting for teams to see just how much damage I've got to contend with this week, but if all is okay, I'm seriously thinking of upgrading Billings to McLean.

• frigate says:

Trading…Reverse Trade…Holding…Trading…Reverse Trade…Holding

Repeat * 1m

At the moment Holding is winning, just because most forwards are shizen and I have Petracca and Josh Kelly…

decision time

7. Stirlsy says:

Rank 876 …Plan on going dbl down this week…. NicNat the worry, but from what iv seen there going to APPEAL it Simmo more or less said it on news and only one arm pinned from a still shot iv seen so it should get thrown out.

8. Holty01 says:

6331 for me. Forgetting to put Stef Martin on field 2 weeks ago has cost a bit as would be sitting 3600. Slowly moving up the ranks after being 28300 after 4 rounds. Nice work as well Patch on your rank. Keep it up mate

9. Russty_ says:

Hey, Lek, Patch, any chance of turning up the volume a bit?…I like it loud and didn't seem to have an option to do that, cheers.

10. Dave says:

Downgrading one of my back rookies to Spargo via Sicily DPP.

Who to trade out tho out of Finlayson (86 BE, but Def/Mid) and Murray (63 BE)?

• NoLanguage says:

Murray

• Corey says:

Finlayson

• seen_burns says:

Backing Finlayson this week, and trading Murray

• BBB says:

finlayson may be playing forward, if murray can pick up his DE he will rise more

• Lazza says:

Finlayson is ripe.. Murray in next 2 weeks..

• redherringfc says:

I needed to trade 2 out of Doedee, Murray and Finlayson and decided that Murray was the one to keep.

Looking at BE’s over the next 2 or 3 weeks, Murray has the most money to make out of those 3.

Having said that, I’ve made some horrendous decisions this year and this could be another one.

11. smart as s says:

First question this season, who to upgrade last, finlayson, doedee or murray?

12. NoLanguage says:

Need some help Community!

Ranked 2500 and scored 2230 last week with a few disappointing scores (Cogs, Parker, Zerrett WTF).

B – Laird, Savage, Hibberd, Doedee, Murray, Naughton (Richards, Mirra)
    M – Fyfe, Cripps, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, Merrett, Parker, Kelly (Walters (INJ), Finlayson, Barry)
    R – Gawn, Martin (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Sicily, Smith, Christensen, Fritsch, Henry (Guelfi, Spargo)

23 trades and $143k in the bank

Options are either…

A – Double downgrade to build up the bank, thinking Finlayson and Christensen
    B – Paint the fence with the above and get either McLean in up forward or Yeo in for Murray and Mutch in the mids
    C – Hold

Any thoughts on trades or what to do hugely appreciated as always πŸ™‚

• Tyruddanaut says:

Finlayson to Spargo would be a must. But….
      Just paint the fence, or alternatively, just go one up and wait.
      I would do Christensen to Ronke and Finlayson to a premium

• Danny says:

Sell Finlayson, swing Spargo into the Mids and grab McLean?

13. Nate says:

174th and rising!!! Oliver will become the newest addition to the Canibals.

Goodbye Fin.

Nic Nat gets a week for that tackle and 15 blokes will be getting suspended every games. Absolute rubbish.

• AlbertonOval says:

174th is pretty damn good, well done and keep going. Agree re Nic Nat, this ain't the game I grew up with anymore

14. Cpt says:

Cpt Pugwash 2350 pts:
    Bont a late out. 13 points missed on the Fwd bench. Changed C from Fyfe to Gawn last minute. But I’ll take 254 evey week. Tossed coin for Macrae or Cripps. Cripps came in. Stupid Coin. SC Ranked #1 (cough_bs). Real rank 2040 and doing a little sneaky sneak upwards.

15. Corey says:

24 Trades Left
    Banfield to Spargo
    Finlayson to Sicily
    Good Moves?

• ATeam12345 says:

seems to be the common theme this round.
      I'm thinking Yeo purely on the fact Shuey is out for a while and less likely to get rubbed out

• Sc_Wow says:

If you did it last week it would of been. Now it’s an ok move, your 50k and 144 points behind

• Noah says:

Im doing the same thing.

16. StevoRivo says:

Conundrums everywhere. Some help please.
    Ranked 2400 and battling to hold ground. 24 trades & $140k..

1. NicNat out – do I cop the donut?
    2. Have Zerrett M7, Kelly M8. Too late for Macrae?
    3. Finlayson & Garlett to Spargo & Yeo?
    4. Petracca & Garlett to McLean & Spargo?
    5. Finlayson & Holman to Crouch & ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

• StevoRivo says:

Like this move pod, as Yeo is a top 6 and provides balance with the 3 x rook defenders on field. However, he may not bring the mid points that Crouch or Macrae can. Once again, it’s a line ball call.

• The Ranger says:

Crouch and Spargo would be my choice if you can make it happen.

• StevoRivo says:

Thanks Ranger! Can also do Macrae & Spargo with cheeky dpp swings, but Crouch is good value…

• Ja191 says:

nic nat should be fine. West coast will dispute it and he will be cleared

17. Steeeve says:

Holding for now but man Goldstein has been poor again this year. Anyone else still got him?

• Ahmad rubas says:

Yeah I still have him most likely going to hold until his bye and trade

• Steeeve says:

Let's hope kruezer spuds up again then comes good just in time for a straight swap.
        Be handy if Paddy Ryder could do the same and pick him up after his early bye too.

• Ahmad rubas says:

yeah im looking at kreuzer too but more as a carlton fan i should really move to stef grundy or nic nat but will probably end up with kreuzer

• JohnDJ59 says:

Never been in my team, was over hyped when he was good, now he's no good. Had Gawn and Nank since the start this year.

• Steeeve says:

Not sure he was overhyped the year he was top overall scorer.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I just remember a few years back, everyone saying, you have to have Goldy, but he was way over priced and dropped around 200k, I went with Maxy who was a lot cheaper and just as good.

18. oliverfisher says:

Does anyone know if Appleby has much job security? I'm thinking of downgrading Finlayson to Appleby and then upgrading Garlett to Sicily or Hogan. I could also look at downgrading Garlett and upgrading Finlayson, but I tend to lose more points up forward as I have Langdon on field. I have Murray on the bench down back who I can put on the field.

• The Ranger says:

He's def not in the best 22. Maynard and Langdon will come straight back in when they're fit.

• INPieman says:

I don't think Appleby's JS is great. Still got a few blokes to come back & he's a likely candidate to make way. But he's been surprisingly good

19. KingWinter7 says:

Finlayson to Hurley, Simpson or Yeo?
    Aim is to finish with all of them but who should I get this week…

20. judd0 says:

Yeo

21. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Patch inside top 200 noice. πŸ‘
    Ive had my best start for a few years not as good as you but sitting just the other side of 500.
    Considering i had Kruez, kelly, ryan and walters to deal with plus copped their injury score will take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday! πŸ˜‰

• INPieman says:

Well done Trig. Great start

• judd0 says:

Well done Trigga, I feel like a winge so here's my list Ryder, Ryan (traded him in the week it happened), Petracca, Greene, Walters.

Traded out McGrath (Over it) last week who scored a 102. Have Merrett still πŸ™

However unlike you I am no where near the top so well played, I only have myself to blame English is my bloody R2!!!

• JOHN DWYER says:

English is mine as well.. getting kruiser from the star was a horrible choice.

22. KSinny says:

Thought son Billings out for Mclean and Petracca out for Hibbered via dpp?

• Gav says:

I've had McLean most of the season now. He keeps delivering. Not sold on Hibberd yet but he is cheap.

• Tim says:

Billings out for Mclean is a good choice
      I don't think hibberd is a great choice, sicily would be better if you don't have him already

23. Tom says:

Any updates on when Toby Greene is playing?

24. ETFA says:

Any thoughts on Hibberd price has bottomed out and the role he played on weekend was back to what he did last year. Can go single trade Finlayson to Hibberd, Worthwhile???

• Lekdog says:

I don't mind it, would prefer a Simpson or Yeo but understand the value. I have Hibbs and I know patch is looking at him for next week. if you think his form has turned, jump on him

25. Gav says:

When do you pull the trigger on Dusty and Danger? Looks like Danger could bottom out first. I want him, just need to find the right time for both of them.

26. johnno2908 says:

NicNat going to the tribunal to fight his suspension. Let us pray.
    Source: http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-08/west-coast-to

• INPieman says:

Let's pass the hat around & get the funds for OJ's lawyer to get him off

• Russty_ says:

And we don't find out until Wednesday!….why the FK can't they do it quicker than that?

• SC_Sixty6 says:

They from Perth. A day behind πŸ˜‚. His lawyer couldn't get there and needed to gather his evidence or something because he was away Monday.

• Lazza says:

Nah. I don't have him so hope they give him an extra week … πŸ™‚

27. blakeyboi says:

A morgan – spargo via cof
    petracca – ronke

gives me 450k to get 2 premiums next week

or
    A morgan – spargo via cof
    petracca – a premium forward or mid

thoughts
    what premiums should i get this week or next week i have T Mich Dusty Fyfe Cripps S coniglio Z merrett T kelly

28. Steve says:

Went English to Olango & Parker to Macrae thoughts!

• Lekdog says:

I don't love it, reckon english is there to score in an emergency. Olango isn't going to play plus he just had surgery. Parker to Macrae is good if you think parker is cooked and you have all the good rookies on the bubble this week and no other problems

• Connor says:

The time isn't for luxury trades – i suggest you look at upgrading rookies before a potential premium such as Parker

• HumanBob says:

Why not English to crossley?
      He might come in handy during the byes if still playing

• DavidC says:

Won't be playing after the byes. Lynch will be back then, May is back this week, Wright is building fitness in the magoos.

• rogan says:

I haven’t gone there yet but I reckon downgrade a fwd bench to a cheap ruck/fwd so you can still use English… I reckon he may not go up in price but a decent cover.

• Redpill5 says:

That’s a stinker mate. Don’t go wasting a trade to bring in a non playing player now!!! Parker to macrae is a no brainer if you can afford it.

29. TheGreatBozza says:

Ranked 2147 – down 617 on last week. Kicking myself for not jumping on Macrae last week, opted to miss on Duman/Cole and only trade Murray > Howe (would've needed to paint the fence to grab Macrae). I'll have to wait until Macrae HOPEFULLY comes down.

Any thoughts for this week?

B – Laird, Howe, Savage, Doedee, Finlayson, Naughton (Richards, Murphy)
    M – Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Martin, Pendlebury Coniglio, Kelly, Holman (Walters, Banfield, Garlett)
    R – Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)
    F – McLean, Sicily, Smith, Billings, Fritsch, Higgins (English, Giles-Langdon)

Spargo in is a definite in. I can go Finlayson > Spargo via DPP, Banfield > Macrae (gun) or Crouch (value)

Other option would be doulbe downgrade of Richards & Banfield

• StevoRivo says:

Good ranking still Bozza, a little ahead of mine. I’m considering similar same trades to get Spargo & Macrae in. Do you have the cash to keep Finlayson and move on Garlett instead?

30. JohnDJ59 says:

Rank 29,857 which is my worst start since my first year in 2014, hoping to at least be in the top 10,000 by seasons end. Down to 18 trades left, will be going Tracca to Spargo and Crowden to Ronke this week, then next week will be getting in Crouch and a defence premo, still not sure which one yet, probably Simmo or Yeo or even Hibbo. After that will need to stop trading until the byes.

• DavidSA says:

7th SC season 2 times inside 500 1 time inside 500-1k and 3 times inside 14k hoping to not have my worst season

I think Yeo will be at Lairds scoring level while Shuey is down

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hi DavidSA that is quite a record you have there. I had one out of the box last year, finishing 1,501, four GF wins, up until then I was ranked between 24k to 53k, but improved each year. This year has not started well, seem to be treading water, always something to fix, injures, non playing rookies, spud premos. At least with Crouch and Yeo/Simmo coming into my team next week it will help boost my scoring.

• finnigin says:

I hear you , i am having a shocker, 3 times inside top 1000 in the past, currently sitting 29000.
      Still gotta have the pride to beat some of the trash mates i have though,so will still be going for leagues now ,even a dohnut on the weekend ffs.

• Russty_ says:

Hey John, remember it's only a third of the way through the season mate, you can come back from adversity and with a lot of teams dropping off in the last third, and there are always injuries, careful not to burn too many trades mate, I have to do the same.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hey Russty, burning trades is my main worry, if it was only eight used and not twelve, I would be a bit more confident. I remember last year where I just had to stop even though I wasn't full premo, just so I would have enough trades for the finals.Although this year I might not have to worry about that as much.

31. KSinny says:

Trade or Hold Petracca?

• Mystic_Mac says:

I'm going to hold. Saving my bullets for Billings.

• Derek says:

When is Viney back?

• Hyphen says:

I’m holding Petracca, Goodwin came out and said he trained once in the last week to to his finger so he would’ve been rusty and mostly used up forward. Expect more this week!

• Lazza says:

Depends on why you'd want to hold him.. What problem does he solve? He has no performance record to hang on to..

• Swans2012 says:

Holding, he'll be a handy f7 loopholer/cover eventually. Might even bring jjk in next week to share f6 duties with him long term

• b_sh3p says:

I'm holding

32. SC_Sixty6 says:

Nic Nat WILL be free to play. Mark my words. About as confident I was with Kelly on this!

No need for back up plans!

• DavidSA says:

Annoys me how much attention that tackle is getting
      It's not helping West Coast being able to challenge

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I'm glad it's getting attention purely because it should only have been a free kick. That's it. Move on.

They need to kick up a fuss for this being flagged as reportable. Ridiculous. Would be crazy to accept the 1 match.

• Hoppy says:

He is gone. Must protect the head.

• finnigin says:

Rubbed out for good reason, could have rolled him but showed he dont care for the safety of his counterparts.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Anyone who thinks that is worth suspension literally has no idea. Naive and never once played footy themselves.

• Mystic_Mac says:

How times have changed πŸ™ free kick at most.

1 Intent was to tackle
          2 Arms not pinned (this is key)
          3 Nat never landed flush on his back
          4 Amon failed to break the fall with extended arm/arms (point 2) (this should be the thing that gets Nat off)
          5 Nat did not hit his head Amons head hit the ground

If West Cost fails to overturn the ban the AFL needs to overturn it themselves if it wants the brand to survive

• Sam_01 says:

Gotta think Tom mitchel intentionality elbowed goldy in the head and got off, surely nicnat gets off, He has to!

• finnigin says:

Third time hes done it , as for playing footy what are your credentials cup cake, you aint played shit, shooters dont talk and talkers dont shoot.

• joe says:

ive played footy since the late 70s why did port players remonstrate because it was dangerous id rather be coat hangered shirt fronted than pole drived into the turf common sixty six

• nvol says:

no shit he will. Stop trying to act like a prophet.

• Kkk says:

Lol still confident mate? What are your tips this week? Would love to know, so that i can go the opposite!

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Delete SC. Easy move this week. Also forget AFL even exists. Because it died an hour ago.

• Kkk says:

Must be an eagles supporter! Not that big of a deal mate!

• Kkk says:

Was a 50/50 decision

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Not an eagle's supporter. No it was a free kick. That's it.

Hurts the game alot with this decision. Another shit turn in footy.

• Kkk says:

I don't see how it hurts the game. Every year the mrp/tribunal make bad calls, remember dangerfield last year, its never going to change. For what its worth though i agree, shouldve just been a free

• finnigin says:

Whats the biggy mummy went for it last season , same shit

33. BVB21 says:

I’m in 141st place.

Starting with Billings, Lobb, Lambert and Parker were my mistakes.

• Connor says:

How aggressive have your trades been!!?! Also how many have you got left…

34. Doc says:

Billings and Finlayson to Spargo and Robinson? I know Robinson is ranked third in the Flog Olympics but man is he going well this year.

35. Doc says:

Billings and Finlayson to Spargo and Robinson? $260k in the bank. Means keeping Holman for one more week.

T/U – Yeah fookin yolo brother
    T/D – Yeah, nah, you stupid bro

36. BadgerHoney7 says:

Thoughts of these trades – Murray down to Appleby and Holman down to Mutch.

This allows me to go Fritsch up to Gray and Christensen to McLean next week

And the week after Doedee up to Yeo and Finlayson up to Hurley/Simspon

This will then leave my team as

Laird, Yeo, Simpson/Hurley, Sicily, Heath Shaw, Appleby – Duman, Murphy

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Cripps, Merrett, JOM, Kelly – Spargo, Mutch, Barry

Gawn, NicNat – Olango

Heeney, Walters, Dev Smith, McLean, Robbie Gray, Billings – Guelfi, Henry

• NoLanguage says:

Not a fan of Applebys JS – maybe just do Holman to Mutch and Christensen to Ronke?

• Baggy Pants says:

Appleby will probably be dropped when Maynard and Reid are back, which may not be far off.
      I still think Holman may be handy during byes. He had 11 tackles but crap efficiency on the weekend could have scored close to 100 with a bit more luck.

37. Declan says:

Who's got the best JS out of Appleby, Ronke and Mutch?

38. Ben says:

is it worth keeping holman through the byes as his round 10 bye could be very useful.

• BadgerHoney7 says:

nup

• seen_burns says:

Might be keeping him

• Nick says:

Holmans scores of 82, 88, 92, 96 came against Freo, Bris, Carlton and North (quite average teams), against better teams such as WCE and adelaide he has had scores of 32 and 33. His next games are against Melb, Port, Geelong and GWS, thoughts?

• Baggy Pants says:

If he plays midfield he scores ok I think he still can make a bit more money and be handy during the byes.

• DavidC says:

Yup, I'm planning on keeping him through the byes.

39. TommyC99 says:

Crouch or Oliver? In terms of byes, I have cogs and Pendles from Oliver’s bye, and got danger, Fyfe and Dusty from crouch’s

40. BadgerHoney7 says:

Who has better Job Security with Appleby or Keeffe.

41. Crowboy94 says:

What Midfielder should I be looking to get in this week?

Currently have Danger, Titch, Fyfe, Cripps, Merrett, MacRae

Need one that will suit the bye rounds…. only thing that is making be struggle to pick one.

Matt Crouch BE 96
      Last 3 against Port 126, 88, 139
      That 88 he scored was from 32 disposals 21 kicks 11 handballs 5 marks 5 tackles but his efficiency was bit down and 3 FA

Last time he played against:
      Bulldogs 116
      Melbourne 104
      Giants 126
      Freo 123
      Hawks 131

Then has the bye

• finnigin says:

compelling evidence,pity jacobs is down on form though

• Crowboy94 says:

Thanks Dave. Crouch was someone I can considering. Just he has that round 14 bye and wanted someone who has the round 12 bye

• DavidSA says:

Yeah this seasons byes has made it very tricky

• Crowboy94 says:

I will definitely have enough players in round 12, 13 it's just round 14….

• HumanBob says:

Blues,Hawks,Eagles,Dogs

The best that you don't have are Curnow, McLean, Gaff, Hunter. McLeans b.e about 56 so this is the week to get him

• Crowboy94 says:

Have McLean forward atm. Have been thinking Curnow tbh

• HumanBob says:

Murphy coming back this week or next it might make a difference to Curnows role and/or output. He can still ton up when tagging though

42. John says:

Billings to Mitch Robinson and Finlayson to Hurley
    OR
    Downgrade Billings to Spargo, upgrade Finlayson to Hurley and next week do 2 upgrades.

Defenders: laird yeo Sicily finlayson doedee Cole (naughton Murphy)

Midfielders: Fyfe Martin Mitchell Cripps Coniglio Zorko Kelly Holman (Banfield Brayshaw Barry)

Rucks: Martin Gawn (Cameron)

Forwards: Heeney McLean Billings Christensen Fristch Guelfi (Henry Keefe)

43. KEL says:

Holmans scores of 82, 88, 92, 96 came against Freo, Bris, Carlton and North (quite average teams), against better teams such as WCE and adelaide he has had scores of 32 and 33. I want to hold him for roughly another 2 weeks as he is still making money, although considering his next games are against Melb, Port, Geelong and GWS, should he be offloaded immediately as evidence suggests he will not score well over the next few weeks?

• Crowboy94 says:

It depends where he gets played. In those games against tougher teams he was in the FWD line where he does not play well.

44. nick says:

45. DavidSA says:

3,622 votes
    Should he get a week?
    79.57% saying no – 20.43% saying yes
    Bet those 20% are 15-20 year olds who only know the AFL after its golden era

• Rick says:

Most us young blokes wanna see the game get tougher like it used to be, as we never got to experience the good old days like you and many others

• Tyruddanaut says:

I’m in that age bracket and I say no. But my dad is not and he says yes. It varies

• joe says:

it was brutal troughout the eighties afl and more in local leagues but pole driving someone into the turf is a no go zone a hard tackle yes with the intention to kill crush destroy no

46. Nick says:

With cameron and lobb returning this week, surely Finlayson will be swung back into defence and be able to return to his scores of 80-90s?

• DavidSA says:

A lot of people are keeping him surprisingly. I culled him last week and only missed 1,400 cash rise
      Sell high buy low, rookies tire, make decisions on who to cull depending on structure/bank/bench cover
      I'm keeping Murray out of The original 3 for my bench cover all season.

• Crowboy94 says:

Yeah time to cull him. Up to Crouch, Curnow, Gaff or Oliver for me

• NoLanguage says:

He’s the best of the three rooks in defence IMO. Giants got pumped in Geelong and he still managed a 60, don’t be surprised if he tons up this week

47. SC_Sixty6 says:

Giants still take the concervative approach on Kelly. Spewing for the holders!

• Ahmad rubas says:

Yeah at least this means he is a guarantee for next week ….right?

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I was under the impression it was this week. So next week it is. I mean he's missed 4 games so what is another one to get their gun up n going on all cylinders.

• Ahmad rubas says:

yeah hopefully he returns with a bang just annoyed cause i initially when first heard the report thought he would be back for geelong game

• DavidSA says:

Very rough, what was the original report of recovery length after injury?

• Jack says:

I thought you said he was going to play?? Number 66 wrong again!

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Once I saw you had him Jack, I gave Kelly a call and said have a rest mate. No Rush!

• Ahmad rubas says:

well i think he also said that he will likely miss more weeks than the initially reported 1-2 weeks

48. Sam_01 says:

Are Ronke and Spargo must haves, how important is that cash gen gonna be into the byes. Want to go one up one down to try climb ranks currently 1360ish
    Had in mind Spargo and Murray in this week then Hurley and Simpson in next week
    Any good debut rookies this round? So I can go one up down this week and next?

• Brady says:

Spargo YES

• Russty_ says:

I think Ronke could be gone when Buddy gets back in.

• Sam_01 says:

if He holds his spot though, buddy might be back this week
        Just don’t like my rookies for cash gen at the moment!

• INPieman says:

There is no such thing as a rookie with JS. None of us sit at selection tables. Spargo could easily disappear next week. But he seems worth the risk. A decision on a rookie is risk vs JS vs reward & you need to form your own opinion. To me calculated risk suggests Ronke may lose his spot to Buddy at some point soon. But seriously who TF knows. Horse has a good record of backing his kids for long periods. More so than most other coaches

• HumanBob says:

Well said. Buddy's return will mean a restructure to the Swans forward line, that doesn't necessarily mean that Ronke will be dropped, it's all about their ability to play a role and follow coaches instructions.
            Spargo might go to Tracca's house for a bbq and lose a leg

49. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

1 week for Hawkins Hedski. Usually goes alright against us. What do you think πŸ€”?

• hedski says:

Had to happen even tho its weak as p!ss Shake.
      Umpires are sacrosanct, shouldn't be touched.
      Should be headbutted….
      Lookin fwd to Sunday arvo mate, game on, we structured up OK when Tommy missed a few weeks ago, seemed a bit more unpredictable.πŸ‘

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Very true. Took annual leave Sunday one because of mother’s day two l can go to the game!

• hedski says:

Nice work dodge, one of my magpies mates asked me to go but i can't make it.
          Shit mothers day! Better get the possum something (hopefully a cats win will keep her happy)

50. Crowboy94 says:

Does the umpire who was touched by Hawkins want some ice, a bandage and some tissues? Looked like it hurt him a fair bitπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Russty_ says:

It's weak as pish isn't it?…no way there should be any suspension or fine for that unless a player pushes or punches an Umpire.

• Crowboy94 says:

Hopefully someone accidentally shirt fronts the sook of an umpire this week. Sadly the AFL and MRP have lost plot.

• DavidSA says:

And they wonder why numbers are down on attendance. Who would pay to go watch the umps dictate the flow of the game and then have the MRP dictate who you get to see play lol

• Russty_ says:

It's an over politically correct world these days Crowboy…"oh , you touched my wrist, you're banned for a week"…it's pathetic.
          If that Ump was a man, he would've just gave him a personal warning, be careful mate, you know you're not allowed to touch an Umpire.

• hedski says:

Amen Russty.

• DavidSA says:

Hawkins had to get a week for that Chad Cornes got a week for being a runner and not touching anyone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• gator59 says:

But you often see an umpire touching the players and this goes un noticed so it must be deemed as fair play then Fuc-king maggot sooks

• gator59 says:

If it was Razor Ray he would be out for life that's how much control and influence he has on a game

• INPieman says:

I think the umpire is a pies supporter still upset about what Hawkins did on GF day 2011. A mans game is now far too soft. Absolute BS. At this rate Nic Nat will get 17 weeks for his tackle

• gator59 says:

I hope not pieman.. Surely he gets off… This game is getting softer than a 2 week melted ice cream

• HumanBob says:

If Diesel can get 9-weeks for accidentally touching an umpire behind him Hawkins should have been rubbed out for the season for deliberately touching an umpire in front of him

• Cpt says:

He lodged a hurt feelings report!

51. Willymack1234 says:

Pod in Robinson or Sicily?

52. Jack says:

Sorry folks but I personally can't see how NicNats 1 week will be reversed. If you choose to driver a player into the ground in a tackle you are responsible if that player gets knocked out. It's quite simple. Do I think that NicNat deliberately hurt the player? No. It's just how it is now. Are people blind to this just because they don't want a donut? I think so.

Anyway, what happens if he loses his appeal? Does he get 2 weeks? If so, very risky by West Coast as I can't what sort of defence they can come up with that will be get him off.

• INPieman says:

He jumped straight up & took the free kick. Rumours of his death are greatly exaggerated

• Ja191 says:

If they lose it's a $10,000 fine. Pretty dumb punishment if you ask me, what is 10k to clubs?

• Valens_FC says:

The $10k comes out of the “soft cap” tho so it’s money they can’t spend elsewhere.

• hedski says:

I'm still dirty on Danger copping a week last year with Kreuzer.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

It's not quite that simple Jack. Burton got off knocking out Higgins from a bump that is on the radar, if you choose to bump and connect head high you'll be rubbed out……not for Burton. Each case different.

• Filth Wizard says:

Deserved a week in the end it was poor execution and he has already got away with a few dangerous tackles this year.
      Are we protecting the head or Not?

• DavidSA says:

i think Wayne Carey said it best last year "are we going to judge head injuries on intent or not?"
        Dangerfields tackle was the perfect tackle players get tought to pin the arm so they can't handball thus increasing the chances of holding the ball. Dangerfields intent was exactly that but Kruzer who is well over 100kg fell down like a light weight.

This tackle from NicNat is not any different intent was the tackle and the weight of players reversed so it looks bad but Amons arms were not pinned so why did he not use them to protect himself???????????

No one here is trying to protect Nat because he is in our team lol it's the brand of football that needs to be restored

Cotchin hit Shiel flush on the chin with his shoulder but his intent was winning the football so he only got a fine.
        Intent is the key word here

If the AFL allows this to continue we will see Brownlows taken away from rightful winners soon enough and Danger was nearly the first last year

• joe says:

spot on wizard

• joe says:

nicnat was just making him urn it fair enough but it was crude that's why port players remonstrated you can tackle hard u don't have to sqash someone looking at u mummy ita fine line

53. KSinny says:

Thoughts on Billings to Mclean and Petracca to Mutch?

• Whatyasmokin says:

Like it, cant hold baggage that is costing you points every week. You get a consistent scorer and a cash generator good trades.

54. James says:

Downgrade Christensen or Billings to Spargo? Next week one of them will go up to a premo

55. MOD143 says:

Ranked 991. Dropped 834 places this week after a very ordinary score of 2095

• Russty_ says:

That's rough man…you were right up there too, you can get back, still being in the top 1000 is a good achievement.

56. HumanBob says:

Sam Murray to Hogan as F6 via sicily or Sam Murray to Jimmy Webster as D6

• Ja191 says:

If you see hogan or Webster as a f6/d6 come seasons end go for it, if not it’s a wasted trade

57. Iamme says:

Having a nightmare season, dropped out of the top 50,000 this week, I didn't realize the Bont was a late out and copped a donut. Still holding on to 25 trades and hope to pick up soon when Kreuzer comes good and Kelly (GWS) is fit and firing….Really starting to loose patience with Billings though.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Iamme.

All is not lost mate!

25 trades still in the kitty at this time of year! Wow. That is a lot of trades and should be your weapon moving forward. That is serious discipline exercised on your part.

From here, you need to start trading aggressively IMO. Cull your rooks, and grab fallen premos. Watch BE's closely. Trade in only high potential bubble boys from here to raise fast cash. Keep the upcoming byes in mind.

And most importantly, watch the late team changes at all times. Mate, you should have avoided that Bont donut last weekend. You have to take control of the controllable variables for the rest of the season. No more basic mistakes.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate!

• dontblushbaby says:

Excellent advice TOPHAWK

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Thanks Blush. Iamme is a long term poster and a gun coach. Just wanted to help and fire him up as there is plenty to play for with only 30% of the season gone.

• Iamme says:

Thanks for the encouragement and advice there TOPHAWK1,I'm thinking of trading out Billings for Ronke and L.Fog for Spargo. Don't think things can get any worse lol

58. Andre says:

Need some help Community!
    21 trades 343k in the bank

B – Laird, Yeo, simpson, Doedee, Murray, finlayson (naughton, C O'SHEA)
    M – Fyfe, Cripps, mitchell, Dusty, Cogs, Holman, Barry, Kelly (brodie, coffield, Banfield)
    R – Gawn, Nic nat (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Mc lean, Smith, Petrecca, Fritsch, Crowden (Fogarty, Ahern)

21 trades and $323k in the bank

• Josh says:

Banfield to spargo, and Holman up to a Oliver/Macrae/Crouch/Dangerfield type, switch spargo on field for Barry. Then upgrade tractor next week if he doesn't show any signs of turning things around. IMO

• Tyruddanaut says:

Fix the NicNat ‘Doughnut’ first with a bench rook. If he plays you can always reverse it

Finlayson has to go this week. Trade him to Hurn/Howe/Sicily.

Then get Spargo for another rookie

• Josh says:

More points to be gained getting rid of Holman for a premo rather then finlayson, he's light in the mids having to play a couple shaky rooks. Nic Nat will likely get off IMO

59. MRose says:

How many trades left should we be sitting at currently

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Tricky one Rose.

So many variables are in play IMO.

Coaches that have 22+ trades at this stage, have plenty of options.

Coaches that are down to 19-21 trades need to be very disciplined with trade choices moving forward.

Coaches that are down to 16-18 trades, better be in the top 5K and well on the way to full premo. If not, these coaches will be screwed!

Just my take. Hope it helps.

60. Sc_Wow says:

What are the reasons for people holding their trades?
    Rookies are making cash fast this year, plenty of opportunities for early upgrades unlike other years. Don’t fall into the trap of following SC rules of years past. Those that are holiding their trades are not bring premos in and will be playing catch up all year

• Tyruddanaut says:

I haven’t held my trades and I got McLean for Billings at 480k and Sicily for Hibberd at 400k. Prime example. Plus after next week, I will have only 3-4 premiums to go and 17 trades

• Sc_Wow says:

Yeah that’s it. It’s about trading in at value too. No point in holiding trades then bringing in McLean and gray for 560k

• Josh says:

Couldnt have said it better myself, how many players are you off full premo Wow?

• Sc_Wow says:

2 defenders 2 forwards and 1 mid πŸ‘πŸΌ
        Yourself?

• DavidSA says:

If I ignore Franklin getting rested 1 more week and Palm Tree as well I'm 1-2-1 left to upgrade

• Sc_Wow says:

2 in the mids? I’m hoping franklin plays so I can pick him up cheap for a maxed out fritz or henry

• DavidSA says:

yup 2 in the mids very undecided on my last 2 with that ugly bye 14 and waiting for Kelly > Dangerfield in either 1-2 weeks. Depends I guess

• Josh says:

Same as you mate, 2-1-2

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Wow.

Your current ranking of 29 is sensational. You back it up week after week and continue to rocket higher. Good luck for the glittering prize mate

Despite much work to do, I pounced on Sicily and Spargo last week for Christensen and Banfield respectively. Now ranked at a modest 8432 with 23 trades.

This week McLean comes in for Petracca. Straight switch. Do I want Ronke or Mutch? Not really.

Leaves me with 22 juicy trades with plenty of upside. The injuries and dramas have not even started yet with only barely a third of the season gone. TRUST ME.

I might make a late run towards the back end of the season.

Not right now, but "I'LL BE BACK"

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Tis a season like no other.
      The moo is going off on all lines.
      Makes it a bit easier to get the team u want.

3-1

• Keenbutclueless says:

I found myself placed at 30k, so I got aggressive. Haven’t all paid off, but I have improved to a 2k rank.
      If I bring in Crouch for Petracca this week. I will need to bring in Howe and Heeney before the byes. Yeo in round 13. In round 14 I would hope to upgrade Mills and Kelly. Having started with J Kelly, Crouch and Zerret as 3 premiere mids, it’s been a catch up game.

• Russty_ says:

Well done to claw your way up to 2k Keen, sounds like you have a solid plan.

• Rocksta says:

As much as I hate sideways trades, Tracca has become Crouch this week. I simply cannot put up with him in my team any longer. I will have to ride the Billings train all the way to the station though, but call me mad, I have a feeling he’s going to come good.
        Finlayson to Yeo next week, providing there’s a decent cow on the bubble or the horizon.
        Good Luck Keeno

• Russty_ says:

Hey Rocksta, even if Petracca did come good, what is 'good' with him?..I thought he'd have a breakout year and maybe average in the 90's but he's only shown so far, he can't average more than the 70's in his past 2 seasons and this one.
          Billings at least has a higher ceiling but is having a truly terrible year, as is his poxy team, hope he does something for you soon, otherwise you're just sacrificing points.

• Rocksta says:

Hi Russty.
            Yea, that’s what I meant bud. Tracca looks Miles away to me from getting any mid time. Quite frankly, he doesnt look fit. That’s why I’m going against my golden rule of ‘No sideways trading’ and giving him the boot.
            Billings is the one I think may come good. I’m hearing you mate about his shocking season but you need to take some tisks in this game and me holding him is one of them.
            PS. I probably change my mind before Friday ( lol)

• Da Boysh says:

Wow, thoughts on this

Finlayson to Mutch
      Coffield to Ronke via swings

Finlayson to Mutch
      Petracca to Mclean

I was going to do the double downgrade but after reading this I think its more important to get the premos in early and I am not convinced on Ronke JS

• Whatyasmokin says:

Definately option two mate, as you say Ronke perhaps shaky JS, plus im assuming you went early on spargo…..

McClean has a relatively cheap price considering his performances low BE of 56 so a good time to buy.

Franklin listed as test for this week so he may even return making the decision easier.

• Da_Boysh says:

how many trades you have left Wow

61. HumanBob says:

Does Milera out mean Murphy might get another shot or is pinpoint patty wilson next in line

• seen_burns says:

Will find out when teams are released, but hopefully Gallucci is dropped and they bring him back…

• DavidC says:

Milera was playing down back. Murphy won't replace him. Can't see him getting a game yet.

62. TIGESB2B says:

Any other poor saps start with Dixon and Greene? Turfed Greene but now stuck with Dickson until he comes good. Cost too much otherwise.

63. Sean says:

I have been reasonably happy with my midfield so far. Thoughts on Tim Kelly?? Is he a keeper?

Fyfe, Danger, Mitchell, Dusty, Cripps, selwood, Coniglio, Tim Kelly (Holman, Spargo, Brodie)

• Tiger says:

At this stage I'm thinking a very cheap m8/9

• Rocksta says:

I don’t know if he’s a keeper, but definitely the last updrade.
      I’m keeping him until after his bye and will reassess at that point.

• Rocksta says:

Sorry, meant to say ‘I’m keeping him until his bye’, rd 13, and will make an assesment before his Rd 14 bye.
      Baring a bad run of injuries, he will be my last onfield Rookie by then.

64. Neil Demons Delight says:

I can see a lot of crappy benches as ppl trade out potential M 9 's etc. With injuries these are the players you will need particularly if you are in contention .I would look at retaining some fat cows if possible. Last year I got stuck with POO and PICKETT on field in the finals Much rather HOLMAN and FINLAYSEN

Keeping Murray defence bench
      Will be hard to pass on cashing Kelly but keeping Higgins and Spargo might be the way to go for swing.
      Fritsch/Ratugolea one of these 2 fwd bench

• Da_Boysh says:

im holding Holman for bye cover I think everyone should do the same. doesn't matter if he goes down in price he might be that 60-70 point you need to fill your 18th hole

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hi Neil I'm doing the same for now, last year I kept ( D7 ) Newman, ( M9 ) SPP and ( F7 ) Greenwood, right through and they were quality bench cover.

65. Jambak says:

Who to play onfield out of T. Kelly or Merrett?

• BadgerHoney7 says:

loophole if you can

• Da_Boysh says:

ill be backing Merrett against the blues

• Jibjib says:

Merrett for sure

• redherringfc says:

I wish I had that problem. I’m fielding Brayshaw and Holman this week in the mids.

Got to go with Merrett. If you’re benching your premiums then you should be asking yourself “why do you have them?”

66. Warblegarble says:

DEF – Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Murphy, Keeffe)
    MID – Fyfe, Macrae, Dangerfield, Cripps, Mitchell, Martin, Kelly, Holman (Dow, Coffield, Barry)
    RUC – Gawn, Naitanui (Olango)
    FWD – Heeney, McLean, Sicily, Petracca, Fritsch, GIles-Langdon (Henry, Guelfi)

21 trades and $21,700 in the bank.

I want to go Holman -> Spargo, but what can I do about the three rookies in D4, D5 and D6? I want to start upgrading them soon. Also, should I consider moving on Petracca?

• Da_Boysh says:

I just booted Petracca..

It was a tough decision for me but I figured ive only lost about 40k (started with him) I know I want Mclean and he will go up 20kish so net net im out 20k..

And lets be real he isnt going to be top 6 so I was ok with the sideways. with 30% of the comp on him it might be a POD to move him on? I am interested in the community's thoughts.

• Sandyf62 says:

I just booted Petracca as well Da_Boysh, traded in Spargo, like you said the way he was going he wasn't going to be a top 6 fwd, so might as well trade him before he loses to much money.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hi Warblegarble I would be trading out Tracca for Spargo and then if you want to move Holman on get in either Oliver or Crouch.

• DavidC says:

Tracca to Spargo, Finlayson up. There's not much rookie defenders to come so gotta upgrade not downgrade those defenders.

67. Simo036 says:

Bringing Spargo in for Holman. Should 2nd trade be Finners to Apples for Fritz to Ronke?
    cheers fellas

68. silkyayeh says:

any good rookie options in defence this week or next week

• Simo036 says:

Appleby this week, potentially Keefe & Eagles next week, but not sure I'd call either of these as good.

69. FearTheBeard says:

Struggling to get a decision on this week.

Is it best to be jumping on another rookie while they are here? E.g Munch or Ronke?

If I want I can upgrade Finlayson to either Simpson/Yeo/Sicily?

Anyone able to throw their two cents this way please?

• JohnDJ59 says:

If either Ronke or Munch are named I would jump on, but I would only go with one, depending on where you need to downgrade. I'm keeping Fin for now but trading him out for Yeo would be a good move.

70. nankthetank says:

Sicily or Yeo?
    With Shuey out Yeo may get more of the footy however does he run the risk of getting tagged now?
    I like the cheaper price tag on Sicily to help with future tag's although its not a huge difference.
    Love to get your thoughts

71. Rabbits16 says:

Finlayson – Macrae

Petracca – McLean.

$100 left in the kitty. Meant to be…. hit the button!?

72. Neverweaken says:

Is Redden worth considering?

73. red5 says:

Shannon Hurn looks like good value at the moment.
    BE 54
    6th best average DEF
    Maybe a good trade up for Finlayson

74. Sam says:

No one else jumping on JPK?

• JugHead says:

I'd like to. But feel like this week is my best time to get Crouch.
      I also don't have Sicily. I could even talk myself into stumping up the cash for McCrae. His price is going to be unreachable for a while.
      Just too many choices…..

• Jibjib says:

Tim Kelly's price is going to continue to outpace Crouch's for the next couple of weeks – so as long at I use Kelly to upgrade to Crouch soon then I won't be copping a net loss (or at least that's what I keep telling myself).

I feel like now is the time for Sicily, the net point gain you'll get from upgrading a def rookie to Sicily is way higher than you'll get from upgrading Kelly to Crouch, and regardless of what def rookie you use to upgrade to him his net cost will be around 50k higher next week.

However all this is irrelevant if you can afford Macrae – in which case just get Macrae!

75. Dale says:

With defensive rookies scarce so is the best value? Appleby keeffe (has a sicily swing) or pay for cole? I need to offload either finlayson/Murray to get fund the M.crouch Trade

76. Jones says:

Is Cole worth a punT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

77. Jones says:

I know but could he be a viable defender option he is still cheap and their are no other standout rookies in defence,

78. Maverick_ says:

chasing a premium midfielder this week! but im hesitant to pull the trigger on selwood, crouch, JPK and neale all having that rd 14 bye. who else presents value?

79. Rick Grimes says:

I'm herding some lambs to the slaughtering pen. Want to put young Jack Billings at the head of the queue but he'll survive another week. Be one down, one up for the next few weeks. Ill be out of trades before the business end, just been that sort of year, but can still have some fun in between.

80. Blueth says:

anyone else watching the live feed of Naitanui's tribunal hearing?
    #tooserious

• Ja191 says:

don't see him getting off after reading Michael's views on it in an article

81. TOPHAWK1 says:

Nic Nat is OUT.

• BrownlowBoy says:

I'm sorry but this is utter crap. I don't even own him but as a lover of footy this is wrong.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Very stiff to cop a week for that. I thought he may he gotten off tonight. Sets a precedent now doesnt it? Game is getting softer. Not impressed.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

See ya boys im done with footy n SC! Peace out

• Northernsoul74 says:

I just know this will be the week my R3 English gets rested as well.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Geez that would be stiff luck. I dont have Nic Nat, but there are rumours swirling that Nankervis will be rested this week. If that happens then I have to find a replacement for Olango. Always some friggin drama.

• neil demons delight says:

What is our game coming to. Absolute disgrace .A blight on the game / Even Tommahawks was bad..

• Lazza says:

The SC gods to the rescue … what’s really weird is that every player who I play this week in my cash leagues has Nic Nat and English .. so no donut likely, but no blow out score either ..
      Then again if that rumour about Nankervis is right they’ll have the last laugh …

• DavidC says:

Was always going to miss a week. Too many melts from Nic Nat owners.

82. SC_Sixty6 says:

Time to find a new sport to follow and fantasy to occupy myself with. I'm done with that. Absolute disgrace.

83. finnigin says:

Blind freddy seen it coming,,

84. Marty says:

Some people being a little melodramatic me thinks!

85. BNich says:

Evening all, trading delimas this week, and am thinking the following 2 week strategy (only $10K in bank)
    Finlayson/Murray into Spargo/Ronke – This week
    Petracca/Noughton into Crouch/and another Premo FWD or DEF (will have approx $1.1M to play with week 2)
    Thoughts?

86. JugHead says:

Trivia fact….. T.Kelly is projecting higher than Danger next round.

87. HammerTime says:

Why would you trade Giles-Langdon? 2 games ago he scored 63 in a half and then 42 last week which was a disaster for GWS. He'll be good!

• Jibjib says:

Agree. He only needs 1 big game. I already traded Henry out too early this year, won't be making that mistake with ZGL.

88. Kezj13 says:

Really unsure what i want to do this week,
    My Team: D – Laird Savage Doedee Finlayson Murray Dunman (Richards, L.Murphy)
    M – Fyfe Cripps Titch Martin Coniglio Kelly Holman Acres (Banfield, Brayshaw, Garlett)
    R – Gawn Grundy (English)
    F – Gray Heeney Mclean Sicily Petracca Smith (Ratugolea, Fritsch)

Thinking Downgrading Petracca > Spargo then moving Acres to the forward for spargo to go in the midfield.
    Then upgrade Banfield on my bench for maybe Crouch then have holman on my bench for the bye rounds???
    Any thoughts or tips would be grateful, im ranked around 1300

89. Dermin8r says:

@LekDog, I turned Luke Parker into Coniglio a couple of weeks ago when he started his slide.

90. Dermin8r says:

Is Lachie Murphy ever going to play again? I need him to generate some $$ in my backline

91. blakey says:

should i go
    A morgan – spargo via cof and petracca – ronke
    or petracca – macrae and ???? – spago

93. FearTheBeard says:

Sicily or Yeo?

94. BrownlowBoy says:

Nank supposedly rested according to some guy on twitter. Not a reliable source but you never know.

• INPieman says:

Saw that. Could be a donut bonanza this week

• DavidC says:

Anyone got all of Nic Nat and Nank and Olango? Donut material right there.

• BrownlowBoy says:

If you don't have Gawn in your rucks you deserve the donut tbh.

• JugHead says:

This is why English keeps his head through the byes. Has been some chatter about him getting rested at some point as well though.

95. blakey says:

sicily or macrae

96. john says:

cheat sheet this week???

97. AB13 says:

Looking at going Holman downgrade to Spargo and Christensen upgrade to McLean leaving me with a nice $100 in the skyrocket. Although it does mean I have to eat Nic Nat's zero for this week as I dont have any coverage for him on my bench. Considering the B/e's of the 4 mentioned above I wont be able to complete that trade next week.

My opponent this week does have grundy and gawn vs my gawn and zeroing nic nat

Personally I think working some upgrades are a lot more important at this point.

98. Kezj13 says:

Banfield > Spargo
    Finlayson > yeo
    ?? yes or no

99. DavidC says:

Buddy still out.

100. Bells says:

FMD I've been holding Kelly forever since he's always coming back next week, now Buddy is on the same ride.
    BOLLOCKS !

• Russty_ says:

I reckon always trade em out when you hear it's a groin or a foot injury, they can really drag on for several weeks.

• Bells says:

Yeah I hear ya…this was the year I was trying to be good with my trades…
        No Cameron debuting for the Swans either – Thanks Horse you %$£# !

• Hawks says:

Buddy will be back next week, serving an unannounced AFL ban, 2 strikes on recreational drugs.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Hawks, how do you know this info?…are you an insider at Sydney Swans?

101. AllUCanDoIsLaugh says:

Rucks: Ivan Soldo named maybe a Nank Late Out, Nic Nat OUT and wait for it lol (I keeped Tim English for Nic Nat Ruck cover) and he gets dropped this week FML

102. frigate says:

Well done boys! Much better. After week one, I was worried this website was finished. I have persisted, you have persisted and it was finally tolerable for most parts. Thanks for the content, it was helpful.

• Russty_ says:

Wow I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that you found it barely tolerable..such a huge compliment.

• frigate says:

I think it is honest. Jock Reynolds and co was a huge part of my Supercoach life and they set the bar extremely high. It is still under that banner, Lek and Patch are aware of that. I am saying they are on the right track to keep people like me coming back. I joined and posted, so I am part of this community, and these things work with honest feedback. _After week one I only read the articles etc, so this is my third podcast that I have listened to, and as I said, IMO it is a big improvement for round 1.

Not trying to be rude, just sharing. No intention to be offensive or troll etc. I see this as an entirely different venture, and I support it and want it to succeed.

• Russty_ says:

Wasn't implying you were a troll frigate, it's been going for a good 9 or 10 weeks now, and it's not the same as it once was, but they're doing their best, kudos to that for sure. They have busy careers before all this stuff so lucky for us they can find the time to do this at all, and they are pumping out several new articles a week consistently which is good for all.
          The Podcasts are a bit pale in comparison to the mighty Jock, Crouching etc, but Lek and Patch have their own nerdy appeal I think we're all warming up to ! :)…keep it up boys.

103. BeenHereBefoe says: