PODCAST: LEKDOG’S MLG PLAYS

Billings. Hibberd. Kreuzer. Those other blokes who are also bad.

The rookies’ poor week. The premiums’ poor weeks.Β The disappointment of Patrick Dangerfield.

We have an in-depth discussion of the rucks and also have a look at some sneaky forward options.

These things and more are discussed on this week of the podcast, as Lekdog and Patch stumble through round five of the Supercoach season before Patch gets a bit wild and crazy.

NOTE: We forgot to mention, but next round goes for about a week due to Anzac Day. Content will be a bit jumbled but it will all be there, somewhere. Hold onto your hats for that bad boy.

What are you moves this week?

1. Crowboy94 says:

Hey Guys.

So I'm thinking I will hold trades this week, but any advice on trades I should do in coming weeks or now is welcome πŸ™‚

Laird, Hibberd, McGovern, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray ( Naughton, Murphy)

Dangerfield, Mitchell, MacRae, Fyfe, Merrett, Kelly, Holman, Banfield ( Brayshaw, Barry, Garlett)

Gawn, Nank (Cameron)

Heeney, McLean, Billings, Sicily, Stephenson, Fritsch ( Henry, Higgins)

26 trades, 250k in the bank

Thanks Guys!

• Patch says:

Gday Crowboy! Moving Hibberd on is probably the best as we discussed – maybe to a Hurley or Simpson?

Also love seeing Macrae in the guts!

• Crowboy94 says:

Hey Patch,

Thinking I may hold him and Billings, have to back them in, plus don't want to sideways anymore….

But I am definitely considering trading both of them.

Probably going to just downgrade Brayshaw to Coffield.

2. Gibbs says:

Do I trade Brayshaw to coff or Mirra? Trading to Mirra instead of coff allows me to turn Hibbered into Martin instead of Oliver

• Patch says:

That's a tough one Gibbsy. Don't like going to first gamers out of principle but if it's the difference between Dusty and Oliver I can just about justify it

3. hedski says:

Nice!! Was about to hit the sack for another night of broken sleep from the young fella screaming, now I can sink a few more tins in the shed and knock myself right out…ah my sc team is shit.

4. DacZawson says:

Disappointing start to the year.
    While I'm only really concerned with my main league, I do keep a close eye on my rankings; and what I'm seeing at the moment is pretty poor – albeit purely due to just one horrific week.
    Holding Billings and Hibberd at the moment. Billings is likely to stay there all season and giving Hibberd more time, although a turd this week could see him turn into Yeo.

Just a general note to all community members after reading through the last few article comment sections, unless you have an exceptional circumstance with your team where it seems logical to make the move on a rookie, bringing in a rookie after just 1 game is almost always the wrong option. So save your comments on Mirra or any other rookies that have a good first game until they have played 2 games.

That is all.

5. Mike says:

Thoughts on Hibbered to Coffield.. Goldstein to Grundy. 600k in bank. Next week up to Smpson. Week after up to Danger

6. Josh Kelly says:

Everyone’s feedback would be greatly appreciated, I have 3.3k in the bank and 28 trades left, I’m thinking of trading Brayshaw to Coffield and Hibberd to Yeo, what does everyone think? Here’s my team in case anyone has any better suggestions!

Laird, savage, Hibberd, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray (Naughton, Murphy)

Dangerfield, Mitchell, Martin, Fyfe, Parker, Coniglio, Kelly, Banfield (Brayshaw, Dow, Holman)

Gawn, Naitanui (Olango)

Heeney, Devon Smith, Curnow, Taranto, Stephenson, Garlett (Fritsch, Fogarty)

Also another big question since my only non playing players play Friday night (Murphy) and Saturday afternoon (Olango) before the the 4 gun midfielders play, who do I make my VC, Coniglio, Parker or Laird?

7. Patch says:

Well done me for saying "there's no-one really worth trading out for Coffield" while forgetting Brayshaw is a thing.

Also community, how many trades you got left after this round? I'm curious as to where peeps are at

• Finnius says:

25 patch – after 2 injuries, 2 premo corrections and getting rid of clarke.

• hedski says:

Sad to say I've used 5 trades.
      1 corrective.
      2 on Ryan, got him in after round 2, punted him to Henry last week.
      1 Crouch to Cogs after round 2.
      1 Brayshaw to Titch last week.
      Really don't want to use any more soon, Kreuzer to Grundy could tempt me if he's not named this week but it would mean going early on Mirra/Guefli and I'm not keen on that.
      Have English to cover Kreuz anyway, I'll hold Billings. (Have held Greene, Sicily and Kelly)
      Good to hear you didn't sound like you were talking underwater this week Patch, pods improving every week, thanks lads.

• TommyC99 says:

Same situation regarding Kruez. Would need to 2 trades to bring in Grundy. Reckon Grundy will monster Bellchambers this week, but I’m already down to 26 trades so don’t like the idea of being on 24 trades without doing an upgrade

• Lazza says:

Went pure Premos and Rookies … so have no mid-price players …Pre this round I have 29 trades and $235K in the bank, but looking at trading Hibberd and Zorko … only rookie in my squad who is nearing BE is Brayshaw … looking at Yeo, Hurley, Savage, Martin, Macrae … trying to resist the sideways trade of Zorko…. but can see myself with 27 trades after this round.

• JEL says:

25 here – have 7 rookies to upgrade + any other 50/50's who may or may not work out (Petracca / Sicily / Nank / Smith )

• BundyBear says:

32. I kept 4 from last year

• Ahmad rubas says:

29 left but I have no dusty and no titch so maybe should stop being conservative and be more aggresive

• Derek says:

Remember Menapoo. He was the slowest burn every, and then out of nowhere he went 130+

Only need that one good score.

He has the ability. Give him every chance.

• Derek says:

Used 3 trades. All injury related.

Venables to a rookie this week depending on his injury and how long out.

• Multi_ says:

26 before any trades this week which I’m hoping to make none.
      Injuries to Ablett, ZGL, Ryan and Crouch are the 4 trades in hindsight I should of kept Langdon.
      Venables down this week and also have Murphy

This week long SuperCoach round is going to drive me mad, anyone else seem to check your team during the round when there hasn’t been a game played like a crazy person. Or is that just me

• The Ranger says:

26 left – two correctives, two LTI's so far.
      Aiming to hold this week.

• BockChoy says:

27 left… used one for Crouch -> Dusty plus 2 rookie downgrades (Brayshaw -> Crowden; Murphy -> Richards).

My best POD so far has been not having Danger!

• Neverweaken says:

25 and no trades this week.

• Stupid Coach says:

27 trades left. Made two trades last week (down grades) Not sure what my strategy will be this week.

• DavidSA says:

Have 26 trades left after my double upgrade Fisher and Bonner > Gray and Sicily
      Waiting on rooks to fatten

Might be regretting not starting O'meara
      But Merret and Danger are high on my list to fill my last 2 mid spots when they bottom out.
      After that it's just getting D5,6 and F5,6 finished

• JibJib says:

1 corrective: Lambert to Christensen
      2 injuries: Crouch to Tichell and Ryan to Henry

Not trading this week unless something dramatic occurs when the teams are announced.

• b_sh3p says:

I have all my trades

• Russty_ says:

Have 26 left Patch, did two this week and then came to my senses and reversed.

8. jason says:

anyone have an update on harley bennell? i heard hes close to a WAFL return

9. Jordan says:

What to do with Bradshaw(Freo)?
    1. Trade to coffield this week
    2. Wait for next week to bring either mirra or cunico
    3. trade to 0’meara
    4. Hold him

10. Gog says:

Picked shaw over Simpson at round 2s end Haha what a fail. Also Merrett is tasty. Hopefully McGovern keeps up his form too.

11. fcabel says:

Patch. I love you…but it’s a simile, not a metaphor.

12. StevoRivo says:

28 trades & $195k. Reluctant to trade at all. Only possible options appear to be…

1. Brayshaw to Coffield to open up the Finlayson swing;
    2. Brayshaw & Holman to Coffiled & Taranto;
    3. Brayshaw & Hibberd to Coffield & Hurley;
    4. Hold.

13. Mike says:

Got rid of hibbered two weeks ago and not looking back definetly not a top ten def

14. Corey says:

27 trades left, is it worth downgrading Brayshaw tin coffield for a 40K boost

• Dukes says:

I'm holding Brayshaw as long as Lyon keeps playing him

• Lazza says:

I don’t think Bradshaw to Coffield is a value trade unless the DPP fixes ability to field a team or future trade moves. However, having $218k on a slow burn also is not a good investment with fast trackers available.. tough call, but with 15 games plus finals to go trading should be on a ‘no option’ or premium upgrade basis.

• The Ranger says:

It's that DPP that's tempting Lazza.
        Not many around with the def/mid status this year.and being able to ditch Finlayson in a few weeks time and then swap Coffield into the def and get a fallen mid premo seems like a good plan.
        Not sure I'll do it but I can see the temptation.

• Scouser says:

Finlayson could be a keeper at the rate defensive premos are scoring. I'd probably give him another week and look to move him on for Mirra which will bank you a very valuable additional $70k over the Coffield trade

15. BadgerHoney7 says:

Currently I am looking like :
    (25 Trades – 150,800)
    DEF: Laird, Shaw, Sicily, Bonner, Doedee, Murray – Coffield, Murphy
    MID: Danger, Titch, Dusty, Fyfe, Cripps, JOM, Kelly, Finlayson – Holman, Banfield, Barry
    RUCK: Gawn, Nic Nat – Olango
    FWD: Heeney, Billings, Walters, Dev Smith, Christensen, Fritsch – Henry, Garlett

This week went Brayshaw to Coffield – Swung Coffield down back and Finlayson in the midfield. Don't really know what changes I shall make next week so feedback would be appreciated.

16. JugHead says:

Not sure why ppl are in a hurry to get rid of holman. Consistent performer up until this week. A bit more mature bodied than some of the younger rooks. Sure his BE has climbed a bit, but I think he will fatten up a bit more yet.

17. Macka says:

Thoughts on Dunkley? Posted scores of 87 vs GWS, 67 vs WCE, 92 vs ESS and 107 vs SYD so far and can see him averaging 80+ for season, so is he a steal at 360k or is the money better spent elsewhere?

18. Moosehead says:

Thanks Lekdog, you are always interesting and I enjoy your instructive comments.
    You probably won’t agree with what I have done but here goes.
    Started off the first two games with 2350+ and then dropped to two 2150+ = big drop in ratings. To date have used two corrective trades.
    Bonner, who I had from the start. BE of 50 and set to rise $10K to Coffield. BE -45. Set to rise 50K.
    Holman, yes he has been good but maybe needs a rest. Gone up $130+K. Low BE 25 and set to rise $15K, to Coniglio. BE 71 and set to rise $15. Now have 26 trades with 7 mid premiums.
    More interested in winning my three leagues but also like the challenge of competing against the ‘Big boys’. Cheers!

19. Jacob says:

get rid or zorko? thoughts

20. JugHead says:

I still have Ryan (WCE) on my fwd bench. I'm not too excited about any fwd rookies to bring in for him. I also have English on my ruck bench. Looking at 2 options.
    1. Cull an underforming midfield rookie (I have Dow and Brayshaw) and bring in Coffield. The bit of cash generated would allow me to upgrade Ryan to McLean or Gray..
    2. Trade Ryan for a cheap non playing ruck/fwd dpp to set up a swing with English. I can then put English on field if required. Cash generated allows me to upgrade Dow or Brayshaw to a premo mid.

21. Dice_real says:

Those thinking of bringing in Coffield over Mirra, sure Coffield's job security is pretty good right now.

Just think why Hawthorn drafted a 27 year old backman, VFL captain for the last 4 years…..not to play VFL, his spot is up to him!

• JugHead says:

Planning on getting them both. Coffield this week. When Mirra is on the bubble, hoping to bring him in for Naughton.

• gator59 says:

I started with mirra because my hawks contacts say he is a sure thing and coming from the source I have is good enough for me

At least I can say I've saved a trade there

• The Birdman says:

As a Hawks boy, I have watched Mirra play well in the VFL. However, as is my normal practice I will watch him again next week and assuming he does ok, I will be one of 1000’s who will select this $102K defender, and, by trading out Bonner, who is slowing down will grab Hurley, who is a top three defender, as he was last year too.

• Derek says:

his score was boosted by Frawley being sick. But he did ok.

• The Birdman says:

Derek. You are a Hawker also. Yes, Frawley being sick helped him, but Mira has been taught the Hawthorn way and if he does well again week I bet you get him too.

• Derek says:

i was at the game and watched him very closely. he is strong, can't remember seeing him get beaten in a on-on-one. nice kick as well.

• JugHead says:

Sounds good. The irony is that defensive rooks have been the least of our problems so far. But he looks too good to pass up. Can see lots of people swinging Finlayson to the mids to get Mirra in. Will also allow you to get rid of an underperforming mid rookie. OK….I think I just talked myself into it.

• NoLanguage says:

Exactly my thinking! Mirra and Guelfi next week for LDU and Venables $$$

22. Ryan says:

Hibberd to Coffield?

• JugHead says:

My gut says no. But it depends what you spend the cash on. If it allows you to upgrade a non playing or non performing 200k rookie to a genuine premo mid, then maybe. I'd be surprised if Hibberd starts scoring any worse. I'd also be surprised if Coffield starts scoring any better. But then, SC is always surprising me.

23. Pranav Santhosh says:

was reading a pre season article on here about rookies and could someone explain to me what ROI is?

• JugHead says:

return on investment

• Derek says:

who would you prefer, a $102k rookie who makes you $150k, or a $170k rookie who makes you $200k.

as a percentage the cheaper rookie is a better return (percentage) on your intital investment.

it does depend on what you did with the extra $68k saved. If you just have cash sitting in the bank, you need to factor that into your ROI calculation.

24. BrianTaylor15 says:

if was to trade one player who should it be
    1) Billings
    2) Hibberd
    3) J Kelly
    4) Zorko
    5) Lycett

25. Mystic Mac says:

Boy oh Boy Woweeeee

26. cburgz says:

liam ryan is my loophole atm who plays fairly early this week so who would you vc out of laird, heeney, greene or coniglio and captain out of grundy, fyfe, dusty or mitchell?
    leaning towards greene (vc) and grundy (c). I feel like greene will go big against a struggling stkilda and grundy playing the big anzac day clash with really good form atm. thoughts??

• theRealPod says:

Hey cburgz I would VC Greene and C on Dusty. What a long week of footy!

• Scouser says:

I like the Greene VC option, not so sure about Dusty, surely they'll send Vince to him? Grundy in red hot form but both sides will be up for it AD, Fyfe a good option this week also. I'd be steering clear of Mitch after last week and entering into the SC vortex aka Ben Jacobs!

• David C says:

I'm doing Coniglio into Fyfe but Laird is a good vc option also.

27. Crowboy94 says:

Do people think Mirra will get more than a couple of games?

28. JJames says:

Goldstein-English….
    Might seem crazy but I am looking to build a bigger watches and goldy looks to go down in price whilst English looks like he will go up in price a bit, also a couple 70s and an 80 something (correct me if I'm wrong) for English looks very arousing
    Any thoughts community???

29. JugHead says:

I like the kid, but no.If the motive is cash generation, its just too risky at this point. You hsve missed the first 90k and if he gets dropped or injured (as plenty of young developing ruckmen do) its a serious pain in the arse. You would be trading up from him later anyway, and seeing as his best score is mid 80's, I can't see the cash generation from here justifying the risk and another trade. Get a premo ruck and make your cash on other lines that are easier to cover if something goes wrong.

• JJames says:

As a north supported Goldy looks cooked and it's just s matter of time and preussys body before goldy is sent to the seconds, English is the clear ruckman there and if he keeps an average of 70-80 I would be happy and when a fallen premium shows, snap him up for english

30. Derek says:

Jordon Lewis broken his hand, out for a few weeks.

Does this change Hibbo's role? does he get a few kick-ins now?

• Ahmad rubas says:

Yeah should be, hopefully hibberd tons up this week

• theRealPod says:

Think you nailed it Derek, Hibbo owners rejoice.

• Tibor says:

A few Melbourne supporters would be happy too, he has been terrible and at least we can save some face and just leave him out injured, thank god he cost us bugger all..

• INPieman says:

Damn. Reverse trades again

• David C says:

Just reversed my Hibberd trade.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Just a few while Lewis is out and then when Lewis is back things will return to normal. 23 rounds in a year. 3-4 weeks doesn't make a keeper. Watching his form, it's nothing to be excited about.

Laird, Simpson, yeo, Hurley top 4 I predict with McGovern, Ryan, Howe, Hurn coming in behind and then Rance, Lloyd, hibberd, savage.

• Keenbutclueless says:

Might be blind faith and ignoring what’s staring us right in the face, but this is enough for me to hold. I have been advocating aggressive trading for those like me who are off the pace. The safe way for me would either be don’t trade at all, or turn Hibberd into Hurley. I think the aggressive way is to keep Hibberd and take a risk of going early on upgrading a rookie that might have some cash left in him to a slightly under premium. I know I might be choosing a quick death over a long slow death, but my experience over the past few seasons has been to follow the conventional wisdom. Yes, I have improved by season end, but still a long way off it.

• Derek says:

yeah. I'm not saying get him in based on lewis missing a couple of weeks. if you have him, it might be worth holding him this week and see if he can score a few points and make a couple of dollaridoos

• SC_Sixty6 says:

But hibberd is a keeper so 'dollaridoos' is irrelevant. You're either holding cause you think he's top 6 or you're trading because he is turning into a liability.

• Valens_FC says:

Not sure I get the constant references to top 6, top 15, top 8 etc. The longer the season goes on the more that just becomes the same point chasing you would criticise people for doing. The objective with premo trades surely has to be top X from this point onwards not top overall… can’t go back and get those points from past rounds.

• Valens_FC says:

If Goodwin decides 2018 version of dees not working (reasonable chance of this conclusion?) and goes back to 2017 version, using the lewy out to get hibbo back to 2017 role then he’ll be a good chance of top 6 from here maybe won’t get to top 6 overall.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Of course but I was more talking about people that started with Hibberd. If they started with him they expected him to be top 6 and a keeper. Starting someone that you think might be top 15 is pointless.

People that trade hibberd in later for a lower price may well get him at a top 6 back from the point of trading him in.

• Crowboy94 says:

I think Melbourne might wake up and realise they need to use Hibberd more like last year!

• Watchmo says:

Good point Derek. I’ll watch him next week and if his roll changes I’ll swap him for Bonner. $460 for an up and running Demon is a steal.

31. Neverweaken says:

Looks like no trades this week. Mirra and Guelfi next week. Might just to build up the warchest for towards the byes. Would have liked to grab Yeo but the 150 didnt help and the 27 will be gone before I can get him. So will watch n wait until the byes I think

32. BrownlowBoy says:

G'day Derek,

With injuries to Rioli and Poppy, does it open the door for Worpel to come into the side? I know he's a in and under midfielder, but Hawks seem to thrive on versatility. Any chance he gets a gig?

33. BingoBangoJingoJango says:

Yeo, Gray or Mclean in this week community. Any advice on who may average the most from now?

• Jace says:

Robbie Gray wont play midfield every week so his scoring will go up and down just be mindful of that.

• CJudd3Votes says:

In terms of roughly best and worst case week to week:
      Gray has a super high ceiling but is a risk in terms of both injury and time spent forward (50s to 140s).
      Yeo's ceiling probably not as high but might be a little safer (70s to 130s).
      Mclean has the lowest ceiling of the lot and admittingly I don't watch the Doggies much but seems to be a pretty solid choice (80s-120s).

Be worth looking at your bye structure but personally i think despite the fact Gray is a gun, he benefitted from no SPP. Yeo recently dropped that turd which makes my above comment look foolish and hence Mclean is my man

• Holty01 says:

If you want them all, id go Yeo first as his price has fallen a bit with his 27 2 weeks ago.

• Holty01 says:

And sorry didnt read the average part. Id say Gray, Mclean, Yeo

• JibJib says:

Gray has history on his side, McLean looks like he's breaking out.

Flip a coin

34. Marcus says:

Anyone know any news on Giles-Langdon's return date?

35. Defying_Madness says:

Adam Simpson says Venables is 'pretty sore' what that means I am not sure

36. Steeeve says:

Planning to hold off this week and then trade bonner to Mirra and Brayshaw to Merrett. Should leave me with $100,000 in the bank.
    I can also make the trade this week. Or go Bonner to Coffield and Brayshaw to Merrett this week.

The question is: do I go for maximum value and wait a week, or do I take a step toward being full premo asap?

What is your philosophy?

37. Crowboy94 says:

JOSH KELLY!

Wayne Campbell the GM at GWS just said that he is a week by week injury atm and that they will be conservative bringing him back.

If you haven't traded him DO IT NOW!

• Defying_Madness says:

They also said he could play this week. I could go down to Coniglio or up to Danger but I would prefer to wait on Danger.

38. Derek says:

JOM. 82, 63, 104, 145…… is he a sneaky top 15 mid?

39. r_calve says:

this may sound stupid but could bringing in jom be a good option, he ha sonly gained about 75k and has a very low breakeven so will gain coin and he looks to have found his groove now that the opposition wont be givving him a thought 9 (GREAT TO WATCH AS WELL SO A BONUS)

thoughts???!!!

• theRealPod says:

I dont see him top 10 but if Titch keeps getting the tag and he stays fit, he will be ok. I didn't start with him so not going to chase him.

40. scrotum says:

liking the way lids is moving, 300 odd is very tempting . Thoughts

41. Bells says:

There's no way that rookie tonned up on the podcast last week. A solid 74 for mine.
    Let's not get carried away and be condescending fellas. Showed promise, worth giving him a few games this season. Could up the possession count.

42. r_calve says:

shoud billings go if ive only used two trade so far

43. TOPHAWK1 says:

Nice podcast gents!

I need to cull one rook this week to raise cash. Either Bonner or Andrew Brayshaw for Coffield. Finlayson down back. Is it worth just punting Bonner and grab the $150K and having both Coffield and Finlayson down back at this stage? Can always swing one to the midfield later with a DPP trade. Finlayson is likely to be culled in a month or so as his BE will reach his average before the byes in any case.

Getting Bonner out of my hair for Coffield would give me $280K in the warchest to replace either Hibberd, Billings, or Nankervis for Grundy. Or keep all three for now and stay discliplined……Bloody hard with those two spuds in my side mind you.

Cheers community!

• Crowboy94 says:

Hold all 3 of those mate. Cull Brayshaw If you want to do one trade. I'm going to hold him for another week and see how Mirra goes so I can get some more cash.

• JugHead says:

I don't have Bonner, but I see it this way. Bonner has one big score from rd 1. That tells me he can play. And he is still scoring just above his BE. I'd try to hold him until Mira comes on the bubble. Brayshaw on the other hand has a BE above his average, is young and will tire, and has a best score of 62. I could be wrong, but I think Bonner has the better scoring potential for the next week or two.
      If it were me, I'd go Brayshaw to Coffield. Then next week go Bonner to Mira or swing Coffield back to take Bonner's spot (if you have all the rookie backs, they are scoring ok for you), then get another mid.

44. Pauly Walnuts says:

J.Kelly to J.O'Meara
    D.Venables to Menegola

Thoughts please ?

• scrotum says:

at least you know both their upside is south of 120 , not a lot can boast that , having said that parfit is an exception maybe or a potential star

• r_calve says:

how much bloody cash do you have

• Nuggety says:

Both players have plenty of upside but only one is a keeper imo and should Menegola be injured thats 4 trades to get back to par. Menegola is a yes but I reckon see if you can compromise to get 2 keepers or 1 and a rookie and bank the cash.

• Whatyasmokin says:

I have omeara but is he a top 15 mid? I say top because a decent m8 for 400k. Personally not sure id get him now could be two trades so a fail move.

• Derek says:

JOM is a very good player. Under $390k and about to jump $50k

I’m considering Holman to JOM this week, I have the cash, and holding Kelly.

JOM will be my M8. He will either become Danger in round 9 or slips to M9.

• Marty says:

Very much doubt JOM will be a top 15 mid. He will score well and yes I have him. But he will be a stepping stone to a Danger, Oliver or Crouch.

45. EasyMoneySniper says:

Greetings Community, I have the chance to make a fwd line upgrade this week and can't really split Heeney, Greene, Mclean or Robbie Gray. Also liking the look of mundy but not to the same extent.

I know Gray is ideal after his bye, but his earlier season form is desired by all coaches so why not get the points now
    Mclean has the best bye from all the options but as we all know all the doggies are the exact same player and who knows when roles will change
    Heeney's bye isn't great, but with the injuries up forward, Horse Longmire may keep him forward more
    Greene just comes with high levels of Late out or suspension and a touch of flog
    And mundy is in good touch but i don't know if he will hit the cliff and turd it up

Thoughts community???

• scrotum says:

A fit robbie gray is a no brainer

• Derek says:

Heeney will be #1 forward

Get him in.

To start he will go big this Friday against a no crouch and sore Sloane crows

• Daniel Z says:

If Greene is only a touch of flog, I'd hate to see what you consider a full-blown flog.

Of those forwards, I'd say go with what fits your bye structure best as they're all going to be at the top by the end of the season.

• Scouser says:

I like McLean out of the choices at this stage, Gray after his bye if still playing mid role then Heeney who is an absolute must have but his bye sucks esp if you already have Buddy. Wor th keeping an eye on Westhoff also once Paddy is back in was looking very good prior to him going down. I'm also hot on Parrott, looks like he could be a key but definitely not in the same league as those mentioned yet.

• NoLanguage says:

Heeney for sure

46. Post_MaSloane says:

28 trades left, outed Kelly and Ryan last week for Mitchell and Henry. All of those players have 2 first names. The Supercoach gods are not going to be happy….

47. Krups says:

Goldy to Grundy
    Billings to Gray

• Whatyasmokin says:

Dunno, they appear to be good trades but u are paying high

• Krups says:

Hmmm true

• DavidSA says:

It will hurt if from this point onwards and till the end IF both Gray and Grundy only score 5-10 pts more combined vs Billings and Goldstein after cashing in your loses.

I personally don't think it's a risk to say they won't gain you 20+ pts every round compared to what you have. Just all that cash you are accepting to lose is all.

48. KSinny says:

This is a bit of a risky play but could work out Well and hopefully be an MLG play.

Trade Kelly to Coffield and swap Finlayson into the midfield and coffield into the backline, then trade Venebles and get Robbie Gray in the forward like leaving me with 200k in the bank to get Danger in about 2 weeks. Thoughts?

49. luu says:

Hey beautiful people, have 26 trades left with 100k in the bank. thinking of getting rid of either Hibberd or Billings. Should I:

1. Trade Billings for Franklin or Gray
    2. Trade Hibberd for Hurley or Yeo
    3. Hold

Cheers

50. TommyC99 says:

Trade Kruez – Nic Nat
    or
    Kruez – Grundy AND Ryan – Mirra/Guelfi (via keeffe, lose def/fwd swing with sicily, both will be fwd)

Have 26 trades left heading into this week

• Sana says:

I have the same dilemma Tommy. Nic Nat could really go big if he gets more game time, but is serviceable anyway. But the injury history worries me. Think I'll take Grundy if I can. Blokes dominating.

51. DEE says:

why trade out Kreuzer?

52. DEE says:

I need a good forward rookie that's on the bubble and has a good JS, any suggestions please?

53. HadAGutfuk says:

Jack Billings makes me want to cut my own leg off at the femur. Thank you.

54. DavidSA says:

Lek you just Billings averages 101 in wins and 85 in loses……
    Saints look terrible this year and he is playing terrible also
    He has to go

55. Flaccid Jaff says:

Does anyone have the scoop on Dean Kent?
    Role change or a flukey couple of weeks?
    Not expecting him to be a keeper but could be a handy step up to a keeper with better js and scoring potential than any rookie coming up.

Also, get rid of cox or brayshaw? And will coffield stay in the side?

56. Tommo says:

I’m have a shocker of a start to the year
    I’ve never been close to winning it all but this year has been horrible

I need some advice on what to do with my team this week
    I’m think I should get Coffield in but I want to do a double downgrade but there is no one else o tree to

Def: Laird Simpson Hurley Finlayson Murray Doedee (Naughton O’Connor)
    Mid: Danger Fyfe Kelly Bont OMeara Kelly Holman Brayshaw (Dow LDU Clark)
    Ruc: Gawn NicNat (Cameron)
    Fwd: Buddy Heeney Lynch Petracca Christensen Henry (Garlett Fritsch)

28 trades and 240k left

57. Adam says:

I’ve got 290k in the bank
    If Armitage is not named do I flog him for a 550k and under mid of swing fwd to fill my fwd line ?

58. BloodyFranklin says:

"I battle myself every night and sometimes during the day aswell"

That's a top shelf zinger right there! Absolutely lost my shit. Cheers again for the podcast lads. Gold.

59. NoLanguage says:

Hi guys,

Currently ranked 1961 with 27 trades left and $78k. Pretty happy with the start but would love some advice to maintain the rage.

B – Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray (Naughton, Richards)
    M – Mitch, Dusty, Fyfe, Parker, Cogs, Cripps, Kelly, Holman (Banfield, LDU, Barry)
    R – Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Walters, Smith, Sicily, Christensen, Fritsch (Venables, Henry)

Biggest issue like most is on the rookie front. Thinking of these options:

A – Culling LDU or Barry for Coffield this week or Mirra next week?
    B – Culling Venables for Guelfi next week?
    C – Holding

Any help is hugely appreciated as always πŸ™‚

• Tyruddanaut says:

LDU for Coffield. Barry has a higher chance of making you cash and can be a loophole for your mids.

Mirra has only played one game in a thrashing, usually winning teams scores are higher.

I say A and B

• Lazza says:

Really like your team NoL … well done.. I’d hold for 1 more week and look to bring Mirra in next week.. if he does well this week he will likely hold his spot until Birchall returns. He will give you a better return than Coffield.
      Trading LDU to gain $30k is a wasted trade. At least Mirra will give you a cash grab of $100k+. Trading Barry will give you a negative return.
      Option C this week.

• Marty says:

Great start. Definitely A and either Guelfi or Higgins if he gets back in the team soon.

• NoLanguage says:

Cheers guys πŸ™‚ Really liked the look of Guelfi last week and Mirra looks like his JS might be ok for a few, particularly with Hawthorn's injuries. Leaning towards holding but that will no doubt fluctuate over the next 48 hours when teams are up!

60. DavidSA says:

1) hotdog
    2) hamburger
    3) Pizza

Which one should I have on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday?

61. ROBOCOP14 says:

I have Beams and Sloane and they are both killing my scores each week!! Hold or trade out asap?

• Cam_H says:

Robocop,

For what it's worth, I've had coin from trading down David Armitage to a rookie last week, so could go Rory Sloane up to Dustin Martin this week. I think Sloane's been forced to play with a stuffed ankle since Round 2 due to the Crows' ever-mounting injury list, and runs the risk of either being soon rested for two weeks, or continue to secure only a moderate number of handballs and no kicks again (like vs. Collingwood) which will drive down his value and scores further. I hate sideways trading, but he does not look in great shape right now.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I can’t tell you on Sloane, but hold Beams. His matchups gradually get better

• r_calve says:

beams got best on ground the lats two tims he played gold coast so back him in

62. Blueprime says:

Hold. Back em in.

63. Sean says:

I have 383K and 28 trades. I think its time to flick Bonner. I've also got a couple non playing rookies. Should i keep or get playing rookies in for them? I would like to have a non playing midfield rookie for loophole purposes but my only non playing rookie is Brodie. At 187,000 he expensive to have on the bench but would hate to waste a trade to get someone else in. Thoughts or recommendations?

B – Laird, Bonner, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray, Coffield (Naughton, Richards)
    M – Danger, Dusty, Fyfe, Selwood, Coniglio, Cripps, Kelly, Holman (Banfield, Brodie, Brayshaw)
    F – Buddy, Greene, McLean, Smith, Christensen, Fritsch (D.Fogarty, Keefe)
    R-Gawn, Nank (Cameron)

• Tyruddanaut says:

Hold Bonner. He can easily reach his BE. If that Brayshaw is West Coast, then trade Brodie out.
      If Brayshaw is Andrew from Freo, he should be first priority. I’d say trade him to Mirra or Guelfi and use the DPP which is much loved.

• Marty says:

Bonner has some upside still but with that warchest I would be tempted to go Bonner to Hurley. You need a solid D2 premo.

64. KingWinter7 says:

Kreuzer to Grundy or Nic Nat ???
    Cash not as much the problem just want the highest scores from now onwards

• cburgz says:

130k difference between the two, if nic nats tog increases and stays fit I see them scoring fairly similar.
      this week grundy should score really well (anzac day against bellchambers) and west coast should win against carlton this week vsing an injured kreuz so they will probably keep his tog similar to the previous weeks. (freo next week though so they could up his tog from then onwards).
      I already have english as my r3 so worst case he can cover nic nat if he is rested a week or if he gets injured for an extended time I can downgrade english to olango then nic nat up to whichever ruck is doing the best. I think the extra 130k bank will help a lot with upgrades in the coming weeks. Grundy is really tempting as he is on fire atm but can he maintain it?

65. Dominic Haley says:

Thoughts on LDU down to Coffield? Would only be generating around 30k but LDU has a breakeven of 60… not much faith in him to get anywhere near that.

• Tyruddanaut says:

That’s pretty much what I’m doing with Brayshaw. Even if you don’t get the cash gen now, if he gains more than a cheap rookie, he will be more worth it

• Lazza says:

See my comment to NoL above..

• NoLanguage says:

Yeah same predicament Dom. At this stage I'm holding and thinking of banking the 100k+ to Mirra the week after.
      He did get a 77 two weeks ago and will continue to be played in the guts so could easily hit his BE at Etihad on Sunday too!

• Dominic Haley says:

Sounds like it's worth saving the trade, only issue is I have Mirra already so would need another cheap rookie to swap down to if he gets another average score (doesn't like there's too many options, either).

66. Warblegarble says:

26 trades | $361,600 salary

DEF – Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Bonner, Finlayson, Murray (Doedee, Murphy)
    MID – Dangerfield, Martin, Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Kelly, Holman, Banfield (Brayshaw, Dow, Barry)
    RUC – Gawn, Naitanui (Olango)
    FWD – Heeney, McLean, Billings, Petracca, Fritsch, Henry (Keeffe, Giles-Langdon)

– Hibberd/Billings. If I have to trade one, who should it be? Right now, I'm leaning Billings.
    – Disappointed in Brayshaw/Dow, and thinking of upgrading to maybe a Coniglio or a Parker. Good idea?

Of course, any other advice is appreciated!

• cburgz says:

you could do billings to coffield (swing sicily fwd) and brayshaw to mitchell (giving you the big three)
      then next week dow to mirra(swing coff mid) or guelfi then bonner to a premo back or fwd

• Tyruddanaut says:

I’d l an Billings too, especially with Jordan Lewis our meaning that Hibberd will take more kickins

67. John says:

Should I trade Kelly to Macrae or hold?

68. Tyruddanaut says:

THE LOBB DILEMMA

I have fallen short with my premium selections this year. Hibberd, Billings, Zorko, Danger all underperforming. Lobb scoring just enough to be worth it. But with him on the bench for one more week, is it time to trade?

Lobb only trained for 20min today and is quoted more unlikely than likely to play. I held him last week in hope that he comes up against Marshall and pulls a 120. Now, he is on the pine again!

The issue is that if I do trade him out, there is little I can do with him. If I get Guelfi in for Brayshaw , then I can bring in E. Curnow, but then deal with inconsistency.

What do I do, community?

69. TOPHAWK1 says:

All my rooks have attainable BE's this week with ZGL coming back very soon and Murphy hopefully getting a recall.

Is it worth passing on Coffield and target Mirra and Guelfi next week when Bonner and Brayshaw will likely completely max out on their cash generation? Or is Coffield a must get now for Brayshaw and why? I am tempted to hang on to my 28 trades so I can trade my A-RSE off during the byes and thereafter to come home hard at the back end of the season. Thoughts?

P.S This scenario is based on there being no major rookie omissions on Thursday.

70. Ryan says:

Bring in Sidebottom? Feel he is underpricedand could be a top 8 mid this year.

71. Hawks says:

Any thoughts on Dean Kent, I watched the Melb/Haw game, and couldn't believe how much of the ball he was getting.

He is mid priced, but the opposite to Hibberd, his role has changed for the better, and his scoring has too.

Appreciate your thoughts.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Hawks, he's looked good for two games but could easily be your classic, Matera/ Fiorini /preseason Redden burnman..I'd avoid.

• Mike c says:

At the risk of agreeing simply because I've done the same….
      He seems to have a new role closer to the action, and all he needs is another 2-3 weeks at this rate of 100+ to generate a quick 100k and make him a stepping strone to a fallen preso Billings etx, I'm backing him to do it for 3 weeks

• Flaccid Jaff says:

I'm thinking bout him mate.
      Better js and scoring potential than any rookie and if he falls down to 80 he's still gonna make 130k

72. Marty says:

Coffield should be worth it but he doesn't suit my structure which seems similar to yours.

73. Locked and Loaded says:

Brayshaw —> Coffield
    Goldy —> Grundy (guy is a must have)

gives DPP ability with Finlayson

Thoughts gents?

74. Goat says:

Coffield or O’Meara?

75. meph says:

Am I too late to jump on Crowden? Still a decent negative BE. I have both LDU and Brayshaw who probably wont make there BEs, not sure if Coffield is the best financial choice.

76. Blakes A team says:

D Smith
    C petracca
    T Mclean
    B Fritsch

Bench: C Rayner
    D Fogarty

Any suggestions, i want to try to get Macrae or gibbs, posible hogan for billings

Id like to know what u think and what u would do

77. ROBocop14 says:

Paul Seedsman… Thoughts?

78. Jai says:

Thoughts on
    Goldy to Grundy
    Kelly to Macrae

79. nankthetank says:

Hey community, thoughts on going Hibberd to Heeney made possible with a couple of DPP swings? I can get any player if I trade Hibberd but Heeney seems to be the best option in my opinion, am I missing someone who would be better?

80. JugHead says:

Strongly believe this is the week that you bring in cogs, mclean, gray types to fix problems in your team rather than rookies and mid pricers. Good value rookies will be coming on the bubble in the next few weeks and its hard to paint the fence properly and dig out spuds at the same time

• TheBenchmark25 says:

Pretty simple to paint the fence in my opinion. Just down grade a spud and upgrade another spud.
      I'd da it's the perfect week to holdddd as everyone will be trading. It's a pod to hold this week as trades a gold.

81. Pauly says:

Jom or parfit

82. finn says:

OUT
    Billings ($451,900)
    IN
    Coffield ($171,300)
    OUT
    Rayner ($230,300)
    IN
    Hogan ($485,700)

• Russty_ says:

Probably keep both I'd say, Billings has already bled too much cash and Rayner will make you money and scored 97 last week, maybe save your trades and see how you go this week.

83. Russty_ says:

Just wanted to change the post number from 354 to 355…that is all.