WEST COAST v PORT ADELAIDE – Preseason Match Report

Filed in Port Adelaide 2018, Supercoach 2018, West Coast 2018 by on 25/02/2018 • views: 9803

By Dan Batten

I gathered my Leeder beans from lunch and set out to watch a pretty interesting contest at Leederville Oval – i.e. I had nothing else better to do with my Sunday night so I chucked the footy on.

Notable Absentees – WEST COAST: Nic Naitanui, Josh Kennedy, Willie Rioli,

Notable Absentees – PORT ADELAIDE: Tom Rockliff, Chad Wingard,

Injuries: Ah Chee, Motlop, McGovern

There was no love lost as the Eagles won another tight tussle, just as they did in the Elimination Final last year. Luke Shuey was prominent as he was in that game, and Charlie Dixon was too – except he could hit the side of a barn door with his goalkicking this time.

However, I would not have had money on Jack Redden finishing as the highest scorer on the ground, nor Lewis Jetta unleashing a 60m bomb to win the game in the last minute. Go figure.

Bear in mind that most of the scores were heavily shat on by scaling, so the scores aren’t a true reflection of each player’s influence during the 4 quarters.

Perhaps even stranger than the result was the writing in both of the change rooms:

Leederville is good,

Leederville is great
We surrender our will,
As of this date.

How very odd. Anyway, let’s get into the good stuff.

West Coast

Luke Shuey – $529,100 – MID – 149 SC

Heres a pre-season teaser. Scored 52 points in a first half where he was Mr Steal Your Goal, taking the advantage of an Ah Chee free kick inside 50. He then reverted back to his regulation Duck-like nature, as we saw in the Elimination Final. Whopping 149 point-effort could be a sign of things to come this year after a disappointing 2017 campaign. You could do worse as nice POD midfield option considering he is the sole contested ball-winner in their midfield.

Jack Redden – $437,900 – MID – 162 SC

Appears to be shouldering the midfield load more with Priddis and Mitchell out of the picture. Had a really good last quarter which inflated his score. Was it a blue moon? Yes but definitely can see his average lifting from last year.

Lewis Jetta – $386,500 – MID – 114 SC

Exceptional today but cannot be trusted in the game of SuperCoach. Next.

Nathan Vardy $373,300 – RUCK – 83 SC

Speaking of teasers… Many learnt their lesson last year, but for those that are interested, he is nothing but a KFC Tempter. Had a very good day playing both ruck and forward, rotating with Lycett.

Elliot Yeo – $561,300DEF – 96 SC

Yeoooooo did his best work as an intercepting defender last year and played purely as a midfielder today. The same role that saw his scoring take a plunge in the back-half of last year. Looks like he will be playing there throughout the season, which reduces his relevance a touch.

Brendon Ah Chee$255,100 MID/FWD – 48 SC

Shuey stealing his goal wasn’t the only thing that upset Ah Chee today. Started well playing mid forward with a few centre bounce attendances but an injury stemmed his influence thereon. Had his ankle iced late in the fourth. Ow Chee.

Liam Ryan$117,300 FWD – 46 SC

The human highlight reel showed few highlights and lived up to his name early, booting the first goal with an acrobatic gather and banana from the goal square. He is going to win a car by seasons end and his mentality to win Mark of the Year at every marking contest he went in was clear. Missed a soda late in the last. Should be a handy bench option this year, and I’d expect him to get a Round 1 debut.

Daniel Venables – $123,900 – MID/FWD – 31 SC

Kept thinking this guy was Shuey. The former first round draftee has talent, but 5 disposals and 31 points from 74% gametime probably aint going to cut the mustard.

Francis Watson- $123,900 – DEF – 42 SC

Played the second half and looks up to the standard. Has a raking right boot his teammates like him to use. You can see why Eagles fans have been ranting and raving about this kid for the past year or so. If he plays Round 1 I’m picking him.

Jeremy McGovern – $498,800 – DEF – 10 SC

We didn’t get to see much of McGovern today thanks to an errant Robbie Gray shoulder. Can’t recall his three disposals but I’m sure they were good.

Andrew Gaff – $512,000– MID 149 SC

Looked fit as ever. The running machine’s outside ball winning was first class as per usual, finishing with 35 disposals at 88% and 138 big ones. Could he lift to that uber premium level this year in the absence of Mitchell and Priddis? You’d be a braver soul than me to pick him.

Scott Lycett – $277,100 – RUCK – 81 SC

Was the primary ruckman of the two big boys. Solid return, and one who could be a genuine ruck option (wait, what’s that ?) if NicNat isn’t fit by the beginning of the season.

Shannon Hurn – $486,200– DEF – 79 SC

Much like his hair, his fantasy relevance is decreasing by the year. Reasonable return today, though.

PORT ADELAIDE

Paddy Ryder – $566,500 – RUCK – 88 SC

Surprisingly quiet considering his opposition. Expected Ryder to really dominate, but did nothing around the ground. Tapwork was first class and saved his score. Without Trengove (the tall one) in I still think Ryder is the best ruck option (besides Gawn, obviously).

Robbie Gray – $504,300 – FWD – 40 SC

It was great to see the livewire out on the park after his cancer battle. Will be going on a bit of a holiday after a considerable bump to McGovern’s neckless noggin.

Kicked a bloody good snap around the body in the 2nd, but played almost exclusively as a forward. Do I hear alarm bells?

Jasper Pittard $434,000 – DEF – 105 SC

Top scorer for Port. Jasper the friendly ghost managed 105 from 67 per cent gametime and took 10 marks. Impressive display but I was a bit surprised to see him at the top of the chart for Port at game’s end.

Ollie Wines – $543,500 – MID – 69 SC

Johnny Butcher had his knife out today, going at just 40 per cent disposal efficiency from his 15 disposals. Won’t be amongst the top SuperCoach echelon if he can’t fix this.

Travis Boak –$467,800 – MID/FWD – 93 SC

I am taking this performance from him with a grain of salt, as Tom Rockliff is still coming in to this midfield group. Spent a fair bit of time forward regardless which is a concern. Better options at his price I think.

Dom Barry – $117,300 – MID – 99 SC

Rare situation where you can trust a guy with 2 first names. Kicked a very nice goal and looked classy whenever he got near it. Only concern is he will need to be fed the ball to score well, so I wouldn’t be expecting this return every week. Still at $117k, you take whatever you can get. Lock it in, Eduardo.

Charlie Dixon – $499,800 FWD – 79 SC

Played with attitude, bashing packs and throwing his weight around. Kicked three goals but cost his side the game by not taking Brad Sheppard out for the count. Difficult to justify any Port premiums with that ugly ugly bye but Dixon is one to consider with Port’s fairly easy run to start the season. Not for me, though.

Sam Powell-Pepper – $356,000 – MID – 43 SC

Channelling his inner Rhyce Shaw with that chrome dome he’s rocking. Question marks on his disposal as well as his haircut.

Riley Bonner –  $257,300 – DEF – 49 SC

Watching his run off half-back and his delicious left foot gives me a bit of a Bonner. His scoring potential and consistency levels do not.

Jack Watts – $416,500 – FWD – 56 SC

Will he rise into fantasy relevance at a new club? Wouldn’t have thought so. Had a good game today but scoring of this level on a consistent basis is unlikely.

Jack Trengove – $162,7000 MID – 49 SC

11 disposals from 52 per cent gametime is handy, but he won’t score you points if he’s not playing AFL. Lock for SANFL SC.

Steve Motlop – $403,500 – MID/FWD – 24 SC

Had to check the stats to see if he was playing half-way through. Turns out he wasn’t. Only the 52 per cent gametime but did very little when he was on, even with midfield minutes. Had his leg on ice late in the last.

Not an awful lot to conclude from this game other than that Robbie Gray is potentially/maybe/sort of off my watchlist and Shuey is a legitimate option. Oh, and Jack Redden ownership will rise to 50 per cent.

What did you think community? Are you looking at Redden? Who else caught your eye?

Tags: , , , ,

1. Stirlsy says:

DB looks like the word coming out of Adelaide was good, very good, his worked his way on to the bench after that. Still on watch list but hard to ignore that!!!!

2. BluebaggerJosh says:

115,600 in the bank

DEF: Hurley, Laird, Hibberd, O shea, Doedee, Murray (Mirra, O keefe)

MID: Dangerfield, Martin, Tom Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Dow, Luke davies-uniacke (kelly, worpel, spargo)

RUC: Gawn, Naitanui (Cameron)

FWD: Menegola, Heeney, Curnow, Ahern, garlett, Ryan (Higgins, Rioli)

Obviously Rookies gonna change depending on JLT/selection (for example tossing up between Dow or Rayner) but would like thoughts on premos/mid pricers and overall structure.

Some changes i'm considering
    Tossing up also between Curnow and Sicily. Also considering Curnow to a fwd premo such as greene, Curnow to christensen and a rookie in backline to Sicily OR a fwd rookie to Christensen but these options leave me bare in the cash department.
    Thanks.

• GloryDays90 says:

Ditch Nic Nat. No point picking a guy who is fighting to be fit.

• Dan says:

I'd ditch Menegola and Nic Nat for Sicily and maybe Stef Martin. Menegola pretty high price only because Ablett is back so this may effect Menegolas output. Could even thrown Sicily into defence and grab a fwd rookie depending on rookies named round 1.

• nankthetank says:

O'shea has done nothing to prove his high rookie price tag for me, many better options in the backline – could consider finlayson as an alternative

3. GloryDays90 says:

Seriously considering Redden after today. Does everything in the stats and will take a much bigger role this year!

• battenball96 says:

Such an awkward price though, especially when you see Coniglio at just $20k more. Risky business but should elevate his scoring to a degree

• GloryDays90 says:

Redden is not competing with Kelly, Ward and the other GWS mids. And honestly Cogs will probably get rested or injured at some stage this year.

• battenball96 says:

True but Conigs is a lot more likely to 105 than Redden. He's done it before

• Russty_ says:

Coniglio did it once in 2015, Redden has actually been more consistent in his SC career than Cogs,
            just not in the last few years, with the personnel changes this year, he could get back to scoring over 100 per week, theoretically.

• Skate or die says:

coniglio 4 year average 83, 91,105 and 91 fairly average if you ask me.

• CharlieB says:

where'd you get the stats GD? is there a link here or something

• GloryDays90 says:

1.1, 16 kicks, 10 Handballs, 6 Marks, 7 tackles, 12 Contested Possessions, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50's

• SC_Kev7 says:

Wait and see how he backs it up, GD90. Showed his ceiling yesterday but has a history of dropping a turd following a big game

4. CharlieB says:

Jetta was a long long way from exceptional Dan did you watch the game or are you basing this on the SC scores alone

• battenball96 says:

Thought his kicking and run was really good, exceptional may be overstating it a bit though yeah

5. TOPHAWK1 says:

After today's game (WCE-Port) I still have this thing going on about Scott Lycett @ $277K……..He played pretty well. (81 SC)

In fact, I think he out played Vardy. (83 SC)

Lycett had 13 hit outs to Vardy's 12 (I think Vardy had the edge for taps to advantage), Lycett had more disposals (10-8). Lycett racked up 5 tackles compared to Vardy's 2.

But it gets more interesting.

Vardy kicked 2 goals and his DE was 100% vs Lycett's 80%. (No goals) Vardy's score would have been substantially less if not for those two majors. Despite all that, Vardy (373 K) only outscored Lycett (277 K) by 2 SC points.

The bottom line after today is that Lycett may in fact be ahead of Vardy in the rucks department. Even if this is not the case, come round one, I reckon both will play. From what I have been told, Nic Nat is just not ready for the start of the 2018 season.

Therefore, I still like Lycett at R2.

He would save me cash, I could use him as a cash cow in the early rounds, bank some useful points, and who knows, he might actually turn out to be a keeper!

JLT 2 will be telling.

Feel free to tear my argument to shreds community!

• Stirlsy says:

His big unders TOPHAWK has been able to score ok in a 2 ruck team, if NicNat dont play rnd 1 think ill start him.

• FCAbel says:

I like it.

• Russty_ says:

If Dawson wins the race to number one Ruckman against Lobb, I'd rather bet on him, Lycett will have Vardy to compete against if Nicnat doesn't get up.
      And when Nicnat does get up, one of Lycett or Vardy, will be going bye bye.

• Defying_Madness says:

He is in my team at the moment and a huge chance to stay their depending on selections and his next JLT game

• BrownlowBoy says:

TopHawk keep trying to join mate, it shouldn't be full.

• NOTORIOUS says:

I love it. He’s been R2 for me all Summer long. When asked about Vardy in the presser Adam Simpson said ‘more Lycett for me today with his ruck work. Vardy filled a hole down forward we were lacking in height’. That got me going! Even if Nic plays, Lycett will play to help out with the loads. They’ve shared duties before and Lycetts scores were solid as! I’m red hot on him and it buys you another rookie, a chance to see who the second best ruckman is as the season unfolds, and an extra premium in your line up. He’s my Jarrod Witts this year…

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Stop it TOPHAWK, i just finished screwing with my structure for the 4000's time. Back to the drawing board for me.

6. Stirlsy says:

Watson…. As some ppl know im in WA this kid has a bit of X factor about him, seen him do some freakish things in WAFL last year, his a very different type of player, like at times it looks as if he doesn't even know what his doing but it all seems to work out for him some how. Not sure where he fits in for the Weagles but yes this kid can play, was a bit lite on for weight I thought last year and I didn't see game just listened to it, if he has put on a bit of weight he must be looked at if named Rnd 1……

• battenball96 says:

Looked fairly sizeable out there today. I haven't seen him play much, but what I have seen I really like. Good user and holds his own 1-on-1

• Stirlsy says:

Gets out on his own alot in WAFL to Batten, was in my early teams but went to watch list for a few others, ill leave him there for the moment as I just can't see a spot for him in eagles team yet.

7. Loo says:

RDT

Def – Laird, Simpson, Hibberd (Melb), Seedsman, Pearce, Doedee (Murray, Mirra)

Mid – Titch, Danger, Zerrett, Dusty, Kelly, Conigs, Dow, Brayshaw (Barry, LDU, Kelly)

Rucks – Big Ben, Gawn (Cameron)

Fwd – McLean, Acres, Robinson, Stephenson, Keeffe, Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Not thrilled with the forwards but waiting to see how Heeney and Billings are going closer to round 1.

Any info re injured players etc that may affect my team would be greatly appreciated, as would general feedback

Cheers Guys

• Loo says:

Oops, Zerrett is actually Fyfe, and $155,000 in bank.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Loo…don't mind the Seedsman pick at all, maybe ditch LDU for Finlayson in the mids so you have a swinger.
      Very strong midfield!…I would ditch Acres for Devon Smith, and Stephenson for Christensen, if you can afford to.
      Good luck mate.

• nankthetank says:

With 150k in the bank and no premos in the forward line I would seriously consider upgrading mclean or acres to Buddy or heeney

8. WYatt says:

Def – Laird, P.Hanley, Hibberd (Melb), O'Shea, Keefe , Doedee (Murray, Cummins)

Mid – Titch, Danger, Fyfe, THE Zorko,J Kelly, Ahern, Dow, Holman (Barry, Worpel, T Kelly)

Rucks – Gawn,Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd – Heeney, J Kennedy, Gray, Barlow, Higgins , Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Gray out who in who else out thoughts?

• INPieman says:

Sandilands? Surely not. Get rid of Gray, scores too many 40's playing forward & his bye means playing a bench rookie

• nankthetank says:

Gray for Devon Smith – Sandi for literally any other ruck

9. D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Currently have a 4 player toss up for M5. Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe as 1-4, pretty obvious ones, likely to be top 4 mids.

For M5 I'm considering Rockliff, Coniglio, Shuey and Cripps. All around a similar price and apart from coniglio all should likely be the #1 mids for their teams.

Rockliff looks as if he'll slot right into ports midfield and do some heavy lifting, has an enormous ceiling with the potential to be top 5 mid, but his shoulders are taped on.
    Cripps is similar has a huge ceiling but im not as sure on his consistent scoring, as a richmond supporter i also f*cking hate carlton so i don't watch him often.
    Coniglio will probably average 105-110ish so his cieling is a worry to me, also is an injury concern, price point is nice though. Probably would be a stepping stone if i decided on him.
    Shuey is just Shuey. Promises to break out every year but manages to just be borderline, without Mitchell and Priddis could step up but who knows?

Thoughts?

• Derek says:

i can't see much difference between TMitch, kelly, oliver and Merrett, all just under the danger, Dusty, Fyfe level.

TMitch is much more expensive, so look at getting say Oliver and Merrett instead of TMitch and Cripps, similar spend.

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

I like the bulk disposals of Titch, to the point where nobody even bothers tagging him because he'll get his 30-35 anyway. All it'll take for him to average 120 is a few more kicks and some disposal efficiency, his consistency is ridiculous. Not as sure on Merrett based on his last 5 games, will probably pick him up at 520 when his inconsistency does me some favors. Oliver is clearly a gun, will be an early upgrade of mine.
        Interested in stealing a bargain at the 490-550 price tag.

• Derek says:

i agree that TMitch will be top 8 mids. can he repeat what he did last year, especially with JOM in the team? i think paying $650k is too much

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

You think JOM will have that much of a significant impact on Titch? I don't think he will, will JOM play JLT? would be nice to see

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Think JOM may actually help Titch.

• pod says:

JOM will have a negative impact on Titch, will drop in value as a result.

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Some explanation and evidence would be great?

• pod says:

umm ok. If JOM stays fit he could be top 10 mid, don't need much grey matter to figure that out, cheers

• Derek says:

TMitch was a lone ball magnet last year.

the hawks had Howe in the guts as a tagger, Langford and shiels are just scrappers, burgoyne had to play in defense alot, he was IT.

JOM is fit and ready to go, he will affect TMitch.

• Finnius says:

Still disagree – stealing points is not a thing. Titch will continue his role and JOM will complement him. The ones who miss out on points are the bottom 5 or 6 who roll through the midfield less regularly.

• pod says:

Well said, no doubt JOM is a gun ball magnet. The Hawks will trouble some top teams with a fit squad.

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Not really evidence there, haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top 10 mid, and IF JOM even gets on the park. Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Menengola all managed to score tons with each other, cant see JOM stealing points

• Lazza says:

Disagree… TMitch scored easily with Kennedy, Parker and Hannebery, in the middle at Sydney. JOM hasn’t reached these guys and hasn’t played at the top since 2014…. JOM more likely to help TMitch by taking the tag and providing even more ball ..

• Bells says:

Nothing and nobody stops Tich getting Supercoach points. He is just made to collect the footy. The safest pick there is IMHO.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

I seem to recall Titch played for a team in red and white who had players like parker, JPK, hannebury so competing against 3 other guns yet he still tonned up week after week.
              JOM coming in must help. Titch will extract the ball and give it to JOM to move forward.
              Plenty of points to go around.

• Finnius says:

Agree. He is an absolute gun. Lock him in for 115+

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

So where are you guys on the other 4 i mentioned?

• Finnius says:

I'm not a huge fan of coniglio – looking at his stats he is unlikely to go that 108+ that you want from a keeper. Shuey could be the one as the key inside mid for west coast – but i don't have the balls to pick him. He always threatens to go huge and it is too much of a risk for mine. Rockliff has huge upside but with that bye and his injury history it is tough to get him in.

Cripps is the most likely to be a keeper out of those four – taking on the full mantle for the Carlton midfield this year. Not sure how he will come back from injury though, and his ownership is quite high so not exactly a POD.

My advice would be going someone like kelly, oliver or Crouch, who are practically guaranteed 110+ and still have relatively low ownership. 60k isn't a lot more for consistency AND ceiling.

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Worried that Kelly won't be able to back up his huge year with some emerging and returning midfielders, interested to see how crouch's points change with gibbs inclusion and the emerging brother and greenwood

• Finnius says:

Kelly is a gun. There are no real threats to him in that midfield and his floor is incredibly high. As I said before Crouch's role will not change due to Gibbs being able to play across halfback and drift onto a wing, whereas he is an out and out inside mid. Average 125 after his bye last year…

• Derek says:

could Coniglio and griffin affect kelly?

• neil Demons Delight says:

Cripps likely to play a lot more forward this year beware

10. Bells says:

What's with no Rioli? Will he be in the WC team? If I pick both Rioli and Ryan surely at least one of them plays every week…

• Browncow says:

Rioli copped a knock to the knee. Hopefully back for JLT2 and we can have a look at him then.

11. DacZawson says:

Looking ahead to the byes, out of the players you expect to be in your team come the bye rounds (non-rookies), what is your spread like of players sitting out each week?
    And what do people see as a good spread given that some bye weeks are clearly stronger than others?

I have:
    R10- 0 out
    R12- 5 out
    R13- 3 out
    R14- 7 out

• Derek says:

i only look at the keepers at this time of year. i am overweight in Round 14 players. don't mind that.

12. ChasingFinals17 says:

My team so far with $146.9k in the bank
    DEF: Hibberd, Howe, Shaw, Collins, Murray, Doedee (Redman, Hayball)
    MID: Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Cripps, Redden, A Brayshaw, Dow ( Banfield, Barry, Worpel)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Gawn ( Flynn)
    FWD: Menegola, Franklin, D Smith, House, Dear, Garlett (L Ryan, Fritsch)
    Am I going to heavy in the mids and need to fill in the forward line or defence with one or more rookies?

• Derek says:

i was waiting to see the first team that had redden in their team after a powerful JLT score. i would go JOM.

i think there are some nice cheaper options than Buddy and menagola in forward line. heeney, billings and barlow could all be top 8

• GloryDays90 says:

I am also considering Redden. He will be taking on a bigger role this year and has the capability to stuff the stat sheet. JOM is again to much risk this year, like COGS he will probably get rested or Injured at some stage.

• ChasingFinals17 says:

I had Redden before he even played JLT

13. Beezneez says:

I know this post is not connected to St. Kilda but I notice a lot of teams without Billings in their fwd line. Is there a concern with his injury or do people just not rate him? At the end of last year I made a list of my top picks in each line – Billings was in the 6 I picked in the forward line and went straight into my first draft.

• DWTC says:

I'm waiting to see how he plays but he's up there for me too.

• gator59 says:

Not sure if he'll sustain his out put like last year…l have said in earlier posts he'll be good for a couple of weeks and then he'll go missing for a couple more as do all saints players do..they are all to inconsistent for me because they have no genuine a graders and I'm a saints man and I think they may struggle this year

• GloryDays90 says:

Not named in JLT. So a no for now.

• dontblushbaby says:

Yep, out with a Hamstring , not now and for the start me thinks

14. WYatt says:

Def – Laird, P.Hanley, Hibberd (Melb), O'Shea, Keefe , Doedee (Murray, Cummins)

Rucks – Gawn,Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd – Heeney, J Kennedy, Gray, Barlow, Higgins , Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Gray out who in who else out thoughts? WHO FOR GRAY 150K IN BANK

• Maverick says:

Huge balls to pick sandi but if darcy doesnt get named round 1 and he can stay fit through to his bye i think it will pay off
      Gray can definately be downed to a D.smith, walters or even a curnow bank some $$. gray wont see much midfield time this season has the potential to pump out a 120+ but on average he'll be scoring high 80s low 90s IMO.

15. Maverick says:

So many teams without danger this makes me incredibly nervous n concerned for those! Only 34% starting with the SC stud.. Can anyone work out what he will have to average to stay above 700k? IMO starting with him is a no brainer! would love others thoughts

• WYatt says:

MUST HAVE NO QUESTION

• GloryDays90 says:

They are all NUTS!

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Good luck to those missing out on 10 rounds of captains points before getting him in. Hope theyre in my league.

• Carl says:

If he ave’s 120ish he will still drop less than 60k. Considering that’s 30points per game less than what he ave for the second half of last season….yep crazy to start without him. Much easier to pick him when you have a full cap instead of wasting 2 trades to bring him in

• Moustachio says:

A no-brainer indeed, if your selection of him does not actually factor in what he is worth (i.e. if you do not know what he will need to average to justify his price).

• Russty_ says:

Let em crash and burn if that's what they want to do Mav…no one else has the ability to knock out massive scores on such a regular basis like the Dangermouse.

16. THE SALTSHAKER says:

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, C.Ellis, Dodee, S.Murray (Keefe, Mirra)

MID: Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Rocky, JOM, A.Brayshaw, Barry (Wigg, Banfield, Garlett)

RUCK: Gawn, Nic Nat (Lavender)

FWD: Menegola, Heeney, Smith, Christensen, Rayner, Stephenson (Fritsch, Ryan)

• GloryDays90 says:

Nic Nat is a no go at the moment. Personally would rather use the rookies that will make cash in the MID over JOM and Rocky. Wigg is injured atm so look for someone else like DOW from carlton.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Yeah might run Lycett, upgrade Stephenson

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Cheers about Wigg, Rocky was avg 123 the best in my side/sc comp at the time of his inj last year. In JOM I trust..

17. Dylan says:

Very heavy defence but it has always been my downfall so…

Hibberd, Laird, Howe, Lloyd, Hibberd, O'Shea (Doedee, Murray)
    Danger, Bont, JPK, Ross, Cripps, Rayner, Davies-Uniacke, Stephenson (Barry, Holman, Kelly)
    Ryder, Gawn (DeKoning)
    Heeney, Dahlhaus, Petracca, Christensen, Higgins, Ahern (Rioli, Garlett)

Haven't analysed JLT too deeply so rookies aren't set. $10,800 in the bank

• GloryDays90 says:

Really should look to have over 50k left in the bank. You could ditch Lloyd for Sicily. I like the fact that you have gone for PODS in the Midfield but should really start with 2 of the 4 big names. Danger, Mitchell, Martin and Fyfe

• Dylan says:

Worked perfectly, Lloyd to Sicily got me JPK to Fyfe with $50k. Cheers for the advice 🙂

• D_I_L_D_O_R says:

Howe currently injured, watch closely.

18. WYatt says:

Thoughts on Pittard,Hanley,Zorko,Josh Kennedy WCE

• BrownlowBoy says:

Pittard is a tease
      Hanley could be a good option
      Rate Zorko highly
      If I'm not mistaken, Kennedy has had an injury this preseason, so watch him closely

• Post_MaSloane says:

I like Zorko, good pod

19. WYatt says:

Thoughts on Sandilands

• BrownlowBoy says:

Too old and cooked.

• Shake n bake says:

Hes my R2 for now! Im banking on him to get to the bye rds unscathed.

• Post_MaSloane says:

At his price tag why are you hoping he gets to the bye rounds? That's almost premium coin for a player you'll have to sideways, can't see the upside unless he gets back to his old form l, but unlikely

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I would probably pass mate. $480K is a lot of coin and there must be younger and better value options. Remember that Sean Darcy will be in that Freo side as well so they will probably share the load. Just my take. Cheers.

20. Luke says:

League of Randoms….feel free to join: 236412

21. WYatt says:

Josh Kennedy a NO OR A YES THOUGHTS REALLY NEED ADVICE

• Dontblushbaby says:

No, he didn’t play on the weekend, pass , but could find my way in my team later in the year, should be Top 8 Fwd though

22. FearTheBeard says:

Gday Community!

Seeking some input on my current set up :

Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Bonner, Doedee, Murray, Keefe, Murphy

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bont, Jaeger, Dow, Kelly, Banfield, Worpel, Barry,

Gawn, Lycett, Cameron

Franklin, Heeney, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Ahern, Fritsch, Ryan

Got 70k+ in the bank so can either upgrade a rookie to LDU.

My last switch was ditching Rockliff for Jaeger to upgrade a rookie to Bonner and the rest in bank…

• BrownlowBoy says:

Bonner was disappointing on the weekend. Haven't seen Bont or Franklin in many teams so you have some nice POD's there.

• Post_MaSloane says:

If this works, cudos to you, but you would need to have some steely gonads. As Higgo says 'don't pick a pod for a pod's sake'

• FearTheBeard says:

Thanks guys, so mixed it up to this :

Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, O'Brien, Doedee, Murray (Keefe, Murphy)

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bont, Rocky, Pow, Kelly (Worpel, Barry, Banfield)

Gawn, Lycett, (Cameron)

Heeney, Smith, Petacca, Sicily, Christensen, Ahern (Fritsch, Ryan)

Thoughts? Or stick with Jaeger ditch Rocky and upgrade someone back to Franklin perhaps?

• Maverick says:

I think wait to see JOM play his JLT but if he lights it up downgrade rocky and try upgrade a Sicily to a billing’s or O’Brien to bonner or brayshaw?

• FearTheBeard says:

Thanks Maverick.

If I downgrade Rocky to Jom I think I can go O'Brien to Billings and swing Sicily up to D.

23. Warblegarble says:

DEF – Yeo, Laird, Hibberd, O'Shea, Doedee, Murray (Keefe, Mirra)

MID – Dangerfield, Martin, Fyfe, Macrae, Cripps, Petracca, Dow, Davies-Uniacke (Kelly, Worpel, Barry)

RUC – Gawn, Jacobs (Hayes)

FWD – Heeney, Billings, Dahlhaus, Stephenson, Higgins, Ryan (Ahern, Garlett)

Anything obvious here that catches your eye, positive or negative? Also $44,300 in the bank.

• Carl says:

Higgins unlikely to play R1. If you’re picking Trac he has to be a fwd. Macrae nice pod 🙂

• Post_MaSloane says:

Dahlhous is a shadow of his former self in my opinion. Can't see him getting enough midfield time in amongst a team with probably 6-10 capable midfielders to justify picking him, also think Yeo could be more of a upgrade target after he has his form slump which is inevitable

24. Maverick says:

Anyone else see O’shea Wasn’t in Carlton’s JLT1 team! This is very concerning.. L.O’brien was though

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Oshea was never gonna be a big scorer.
      Prefer obrien with DPP. kid never stops running.

• neil.Demons Delight says:

Is CEY a chance trig tossing up with LO B and CEY DPP sort of sways me

25. paul says:

Happy with my team balance backs set rookies will change only.Mids really happy here and with rookies however they may also change.
    rucks will anyone who dose not start with Gawn is mad. Lycett i don't take as a risk as i really do feel he will take off as he says,forwards have been really hard but i feel Mclean will improve heaps this year i was very impressed last year watching him and he is going to be given more midfield time so he is a lock.heeney and smith speak for themselves .Melksham well he has really impressed me in both games he has played and is very fit plus melbourne is really on the up this year i feel. back rookies these four are a must i feel.
    Lard ,Hibberd ,Hanley ,Sicily, Doedee, cummings,(L.Murphy,Milhock)

Danger, Mitchell, Kelly, M Crouch, Fyfe, Parker, Brayshaw, Barry. (Kelly ,Worpel, Giro )

Gawn, Lycett (T Olango)

Heeney, Mclean, Smith, Melksham, L Keeffe, Garlett. (Fritsch,Ryan)

• paul says:

Thats forward rookies are a must i feel.

• Russty_ says:

That was like reading a Text Message from a really drunk person, did you ever study English..or were you wagging it with the cool guys in the Locker Room for the whole 12 years?
      P.S Lard probably won't get a game, he's too fat.

• paul says:

Yes I was a bit Russty with english but a genius at maths.

• Russty_ says:

Fair enough mate haha, I was more the English/ Art guy and sucked at Maths lol

26. Kyle says:

Thoughts on this midfield community?

Danger Titch Zorko Zerrett Neale Cripps Dow LDU

Going a bit against the majority of players. Can Zerrett step it up another level to average 120+? Will Zorko back up his stellar last year? Am i crazy picking Neale over Fyfe?!?

• CheekyNandos7 says:

Zorko and Zerret both POD's so dont think you need Neale as well as Fyfe will score better than he will. Fyfe is also 2k cheaper, big deal I know 😉