LUKE SHUEY – 2018 Supercoach Spotlight

Filed in Midfielders, Premiums, Supercoach 2018, West Coast 2018, West Coast Eagles by on 13/02/2018 • views: 6319

I’m sure those who owned Luke Shuey in 2017 had high hopes for him after finishing 2016 with an average of 105.6 SCPoints, which was 17th best in the AFL. He cost a pretty penny to start the season, with a $574,500 price tag, but he failed to replicate his scores, falling to his lowest average since 2013, a major disappointment for his owners I’m sure.

However, 2018 is shaping up to be a big year for the Eagles, there’s a lot of questions about how they will perform, especially in the midfield, but that just means there’s the potential for a player like Luke Shuey to take his game to new heights, both on the field and in fantasy football.

SHUEY: THE FACTS

2018 Facts $529,100 MID
2017 Games 21 (23 including finals)
2017 Average 96.2 (98.6 including finals)
2017 100+ Scores 7 (9 including finals)
2017 Sub-80 scores 5
2017 Highs & Lows High of 141, low of 53

His general stats around the ground actually increased in 2017, but Shuey was down in two key areas for Supercoach. His contested possessions fell from 12.4 to 11 (though his uncontested possessions increased from 13.8 to 15.5, a career high) and his clearances fell to their lowest since 2014, winning just 5.7 a game (he averaged 6.6 in 2016). It was the sub 80 scores that hurt him the most probably, recording just 2 in 2016, that rose as you can see above, while he also had 11 games of scores of 100+ in 2016.

THE GOOD

There’s no denying the fact that Shuey can find the pill and with the retirements of Priddis and Mitchell, there’s going to be increased reliance on him to continue to be the driving force of the Eagles midfield.

He is also very unique in that he is a goal scoring midfielder, kicking 58 goals since 2014, which is the 8th highest of any permanent midfielder, while also having 131 score assists, which is behind just Eddie Betts and Robbie Gray in that time.

Even with the down year from 2016, he still rated as an elite midfielder by Champion Data. He also had 20+ disposals in all but 1 game last year, highlighting how consistent he is in finding the ball.

THE BAD

There isn’t a lot wrong with Shuey, other than his clangers, of which he ranked 16th in the AFL in 2017. It’s not a bad bad, but the only issue with him will be does he have what it takes to become a top 10 midfielder in Supercoach? Based on last years averages, he’d need to average at least 110 SCPoints to be a worthy selection.

Then there’s the potential worry that with so much midfield experience gone from the Eagles midfield that Shuey starts copping more attention from taggers in 2018. You would think Gaff may be given more of a look at than Shuey since he gets so much of the ball outside the contest, but it’s still something to consider.

THE VERDICT

Call me crazy, but I think he could be a worthy selection in 2018 if you’re lacking the funds to go for a big $580K+ midfielder. There will be more opportunity for him to do his work on the inside at worst he continues to hover around the 100 SCPoint average, so at worst he costs you one trade to sideways him to a fallen premium. Add in he’s in under 1% of teams at the moment and he’s a big POD who doesn’t have any huge downsides in picking him.

What do you think, Community? Anyone willing to take a chance on Shuey?

Follow Barron on Twitter @BarronVonCrow

Tags: , , ,

1. Patch says:

Howdy community – I've thrown this up for Barron as we were due to have something else go up tonight but I've run out of time to edit it (wink, wink) and the site's having a sook, so that's the reason it's under my name – they're definitely Barron's words!

As for Shuey – it's a no from me, Mr Von Crow. If he goes off his tits I'll look at upgrading into him as a corrective – too big a risk to start for mine but he'll do far better than last year, you'd think.

• BarronVonCrow says:

If everyone disagrees with me then i'll deny it and say you're making it up and these definitely aren't my words.

Otherwise, yes, I did write the writing that is written.

• Paul says:

Anyone interested in joining a league pleasd do so 733799

• @wheels_1987 says:

"the grammar and just general wordsmithery is below par, I just could not read this article"

hahaha

Super Consistent but has never been a top 6 MID
      Maybe an upgrade target but history doesn't lie – he has NEVER avg over 110 for the season.
      With Priddis and Mitchell gone its a big NO from me for Shuey as a starter

2010 6 73.8
      2011 22 94.6
      2012 19 103.4
      2013 14 90.7
      2014 20 99.9
      2015 22 97.0
      2016 22 105.6
      2017 21 96.2

• @wheels_1987 says:

the rock lobster could be a better alternative

2009 1 12.0
        2010 19 85.9
        2011 20 113.5
        2012 22 97.3
        2013 21 109.7
        2014 18 132.0
        2015 16 101.9
        2016 17 111.0
        2017 20 96.3

• King Arthur says:

With Priddis and Mitchell gone that is the very reason you look to Shuey!!
        He will be very well motivated this year.
        Shuey is a shoe in! !!

2. fatboyfat7 says:

In any other year I'd maybe consider him but the midfield options in that 525-560k are too plentiful this season.

I would prefer Cripps or Hanners at a similar price point tbh, pass for me but not a disastrous selection.

• BarronVonCrow says:

Yes, many options fatboy, Cripps especially should be a good one, but with everyone likely going for him Shuey does make a decent choice for the more adventurous ones out there!

• SC_Kev7 says:

He’s an interesting case Cripps. I looked at his TOG% the other day, already sitting at a healthy 83% for the past two seasons. I like to use that stat as a good indicator of a player breaking out (MCrouch went from 71 to 77. Oliver 67 to 77). It’s not always the case, but for Cripps to be a 115 midfielder he needs something else

Regarding Shu. Probably not. As fatboy said there’s a lot of options. Eagles in for a tough year I reckon. Shuey could be in the wrong end of a few hidings

• John says:

For Cripps to be a 115 midfielder he needs a full pre-season and a bit of luck with injuries. So far he ticks both boxes.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Fair enough, John. Picking the breakout player isn’t a perfect science. I’m stat based in my selections and there’s enough there for me to have a few doubts that he’s ready to take the next step this year. He’s affordable enough to be a corrective trade if need be

• @wheels_1987 says:

I think if Nic Nat is at 100% and the feed coming from the ruck is amazing then shuey will benefit but still a no for my starting team

• @wheels_1987 says:

at that price range I would go the rock lobster aka rockliff

2009 1 12.0
      2010 19 85.9
      2011 20 113.5
      2012 22 97.3
      2013 21 109.7
      2014 18 132.0
      2015 16 101.9
      2016 17 111.0
      2017 20 96.3

• DavidSA says:

Why I won't be entertaining Rockliff

Port have always had great midfield depth it's true although probably not the most talented at that.

The most valuable players who play in the midfield (though not 100% of the time) in my opinion over the last 3 years for Port Adelaide:

Chad Wingard
        2015 (97.8)
        2016 (80.8) (this was a year where Wingard hardly if at all played midfield time)
        2017 (93.0)

2015 (97.0)
        2016 (80.3)
        2017 (100.7)

Robbie Gray

2015 (110.4)
        2016 (108.1)
        2017 (91.7) (this was a year where Gray hardly played midfield time)

As you can see not many end of season averages that are amazing. We all know that Ports best player is Robbie Gray over the years but even his highest average was 111.0 in 2014 and I must say that I was shocked by this fact. I'm trying to anylise or rather maybe imagine how Rockliff can surpass 110 playing with such a large depth of players who all of which can and do play through the midfield.
        I must also point out that Port have up and coming talent in Sam Powell Pepper, Riley Bonner and Darcy Burn Jones who all three I believe are on the up. Again I ask where does Rockliff regain super coach supremacy?
        Rockliff is a gun player and only 529k!!! but we all know that he has had issues with soft tissue injuries and some bad luck in the past. Rockliff has not played the full 22 since 2012. 2013 he missed just one game and from there it got a lot worse.

My verdict:

Rockliff 2018 (97-107) high chance of missing a few rounds.

amazing analysis !!!!
          very interesting stats coming out of Port and shows some insight into Ken hinkleys game style

I will watch port pre season and see but rocky is on my wishlist at this stage – watch and wait

• DavidSA says:

No worries mate 👍
            Guy can go absolutely nuts just worried about the sc output under Ports game style.

3. Josh says:

Cant see opposition tagging Shuey over Gaff, great choice will be starting for me.

• BarronVonCrow says:

You'll be one of the few who do Josh, but I admire the guts!

• @wheels_1987 says:

at that price point there is better

• DavidSA says:

It's a philosophical view in super coach

More mid depth = lower end of season averages
        Less mid depth = higher end of season averages

I wrote my thoughts about Rockliff this year on the same basis.

4. hedski says:

No from me Barron von Patch!
    Possibly more points going around in the eagles mids but I reckon the younger blokes could gobble them up.
    Is the podcast getting posted soon?
    Ah crap just seen the wonky/wink 😜

• BarronVonCrow says:

I think the podcast was delayed a bit because Leks bristly mustache kept getting picked up on the mic. Sounded like they were rubbing the microphone over a German Shepard or something.

I may have made all that up, but if I am questioned under oath, I will say it's the truth.

• Lekdog says:

To be fair Patch had to keep yelling at me for using the mic as a scratching post

• leedy says:

I have similar problems with technology. I keep getting my plums caught in the Dyson Air Blowers. Still can't work them out.

5. Dreamers says:

DO some players we actually want to know about not these mid tier players, whats the point of going shuey when theres crips like seriously

• BarronVonCrow says:

Happy to take suggestions, Dreamers.

• gerald says:

yep, we want rookie cheat sheets/info, not a random fwd who nobody will likely pick anyway

• Notorious says:

Maybe some people are interested in the left field options. You don’t have to select them. And another thing you can also do is your own research or contribute something instead of complaining

• Lekdog says:

Everyone has done the obvious ones mate, gotta give the community options! You should select Cripps and Dangerfield though

• Big fact hunt says:

Why do you need to do players we all know about. The left field picks are the ones that can make you stand out. Keep up the awesome work lekdog.

• FCAbel says:

Don't hold back. Tell it how it is brother

• @wheels_1987 says:

I like these left field picks

its so early in the pre season – lets have some good debate before talking about the clear picks that 95% will pick

• Skate or die says:

no need to be aggressive mate.. PS nice analysis Barron

6. Jambo says:

I reckon the Eagles will struggle to make the eight this year. Their loss of midfield experience will be telling come crunch time. Shuey’s a pass for me. His ceiling is too low to excite me.

7. B-T says:

Well Done Lad's for keeping the site going..!!!

8. Chooka says:

Am I mad , but I'm really liking Lachy Whitfield as mid price.

9. Finnius123 says:

do you reckon you guys could do a piece on Harley Bennell? Really interested to see where the community sits on this one…

• Krups says:

Forget about that flog

• STIRLSY says:

1 more drinking sesh for him and its all over and his just the dickhead to do it b4 the season starts.

• Russty_ says:

Think he's a bit of a Trainwreck Finn, doesn't seem to appreciate the opportunities he's had and just keeps messing up his life, he will have a lot of regret in his future life.

• @wheels_1987 says:

he is a drug addicted menance but if he can right then he will be good

im interested in a detailed write up though!!

also looking at A.Christensen

10. D Company Doughboys says:

Attention All Draft Dodgers

WA based Draft league (Swan Draft 691038) starts LIVE Wednesday 21 Mar 7:30 pm AWST
    SEASON PROPER STARTS ROUND 3

11. TommyC99 says:

Which option is better?
    1. Hanley D3, Oliver M3 (cripps M6) and Curnow F3 – 95k left over

2. Howe/Simmo D3, Petracca M6 and Billings F3 – 83k left over

12. leedy says:

Shuey for 529 or Connor Blakely for 490. Blakely for mine, so long as he gets a doctors certificate next time he goes surfing!

• @wheels_1987 says:

Blakely on the upward trend
      21 years old
      could be a HUGE pod

2015 1 37.0
      2016 15 73.6
      2017 17 89.2

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

At that price do u consider Blakely a keeper and can increase output 10-15 pts?

• leedy says:

Hey Trigga, just in case stats below (see next post) aren't enough watch this from 35 to 45 seconds. Sums his decision making and disposal skills under pressure up in a neat little passage of play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFrfRTUNtqI . If link doesn't work its highlights last two minutes Freo vs Richmond last year at MCG on you tube.

• leedy says:

Without a doubt (remember lyon is his coach though). In an 11 game run prior to dislocating his shoulder (twice) and scoring a 7 he scored 1211 at an ave of 111. Personally and i declare my freo allegence here, I rate him at the same level Mundy was when he was at his best except Blakely is 21! He is a gun. If icould only have one freo player in my midfield he is my choice for certain esp at his value. Cheers guys.

13. Willymack1234 says:

What are the thoughts on walters at f3?

• Russty_ says:

Could have a good year Willy, if he gets enough midfield time and stays healthy.

14. NovemberFoxtrotIndia says:

Is anyone considering Jack Redden?
    Career 50/50 ratio for kick handball.
    Inside mid at WCE who have a couple of big holes to fill.
    Yr Played Tot Av
    Brisbane
    2011 22 2263 102
    2012 22 2262 102
    2013 22 2158 98
    2014 14 1443 103
    2015 17 1623 95
    West Coast
    2016 16 961 54
    2017 17 1354 80

Now 27 years old, will this be a breakout year?
    Priced at $438k a return to that earlier Brisbane form and 22 games this year would be a great return on investment.

• Russty_ says:

The declining figures worry me a bit, could be a stepping stone if you're keen on him, but he'd have to do well early to make any money.

Actually averaged 79.6 and 64.1 in the last 2 years. from 17 and 15 games. Big decline in points from previous seasons.

• @wheels_1987 says:

Higgo had him last year and got burned
      I think he is past his prime

I would avoid – maybe pick up late in a draft league

15. Doughboy says:

We Want You!…..Enlist Today!!

Classic League – RED LIGHT RANGERS League (code – 681522)

18 teams start Round 3

16. paul says:

What to do with naitanui mmmm.Thinking if Scott Lycett is named round one maybe as he has had a fantastic 2016 and has had a really good pre season he may be a very good option at 277.Also the combo of Scott/Nait worked well together. What do you think guys.

• StevoRivo says:

Watch his pre season carefully Paul. I have him now too, but any sign of cracking, straight to my preseason safety pick (Ryder). Lycet may come good but recovering from injury so wait & see..

• paul says:

Thanks Stevo my strategy is Goldstein he is looking very fit plus he is up and down from year to year and had is down last year so i will be watching him carefully. I would prefer Naitanui not to be up for round one if Lycett is fit and playing well in JLT he will make money and i will get a look at Naitanui beforehand.

• @wheels_1987 says:

you say Goldy is "looking fit"
          do you have any links to intra club matches or anything to back this up?
          Are you a north fan?
          I will take Goldy right now if I have evidence to say he is fit and firing

• paul says:

I heard he has lost a few pounds and is fitter this year.i am waiting to see how he looks in the JlT tho.I am hoping he will play in two games so i can get a good look.

• @wheels_1987 says:

yep im ignoring "rumours" until I see him in action or read a proper article
              need OBJECTIVE evidence, not SUBJECTIVE ideas

• StevoRivo says:

Goldy a risk for me. Brown and maybe even Majak will drain points off him. He is cheap though!

I read on AFL site that DAW will be playing in DEF this season

• paul says:

If scotty is not fit I will most definitely be running with the Maxy/ Goldy combo.However Preuss is looking good but i don't think they will play both.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Its a no from me.

17. StevoRivo says:

No for me on Shuey gents. Too inconsistent. I am opting for Cripps at M4, Coniglio M5. Yes I know I’m with many others but have a couple of PODs elsewhere at M6 (Armitage) and F3 (Petraca). Thoughts on those 2?

Cripps / Coniglio duo will be POD choice
      very interesting!!!

• StevoRivo says:

Thanks wheels. Both have upside but injury history. Trying to avoid the cookie cutter teams but keep falling back to these 2 in that M4/M5 mix.

• The Ranger says:

I don't mind one of them at M5 Rivo but I reckon ya M4 has to be a set and forget and neither of them are guaranteed top 10mids.

• Finnius123 says:

Coniglio could be a great option at a bargain price

• @wheels_1987 says:

ive actually had a look at his stats – they are not that good. im really surprised by this
        based on that I will AVOID coniglio
        I can see he had a steady upward curve, but the last season was a blight. the only reason you would pick him if if you believe he will avg 110+
        dangerous mid pricer

2012 12 75.8
        2013 18 74.1
        2014 14 83.5
        2015 18 91.7
        2016 21 105.9
        2017 7 91.4

• Derek says:

i was hoping he would have been cheaper. at that price you won't make much cash from Coniglio and he is unlikely to be a season keeper. I'd go JOM over Coniglio

• @wheels_1987 says:

JOM looking good and more potential to create $$$$

• StevoRivo says:

If JOM can hold his body together, high ceiling. If you’re not sold on Coniglio, how about Prestia? Seems to have hit a purple patch late last season…

Not a bad option but is a risky Mid Pricer
                Wont appreciate much value – might be better going for a gun or rookie
                heres his history

2011 17 60.8
                2012 14 79.0
                2013 20 97.5
                2014 22 106.0
                2015 8 101.0
                2016 14 93.5
                2017 19 82.9

18. WyldStallion says:

Fantastic write up Barron – lads, I'm so bloody happy that you're keeping this site running and can't wait for the first podcast! Looking forward to a fantastic season 2018.

Shuey has burnt me a few too many times and I'll steer clear this year.

19. paul says:

P
    ady/Tom/Kelly/Mat c/fyfe/Con/then the two young guns off me they are ripping it up Brayshaw and L Davies. Brayshaw is all the talk at freo and north need run in there midfield with this young gun.

20. @wheels_1987 says:

Around Shueys price we have some interesting selections.
    Shuey himself has a season avg of b/w 90 – 105.6 since 2011. BUT HE HAS NEVER GONE 110+
    @535k we have Hannebery – last season was disappointing avg but 2015+16 avg 114
    @529k we have Rock Lobster – 2014 avg 132 + 2016 avg 111
    @529k we have Brad Crouch – NEVER avg over 100 points
    @527k we have Sidebottom – avg 106 from 12-16 with 14 being 110+
    @512k we have Gaff – only avg 100 2 x seasons

Me personally – if I HAD to choose a player at this very particular price point I would go Hannebery. I feel he is 10 points avg underpriced (avg 97 last season) and has proven that he can go big

For the rollercoaster I would go the rocklobster. Nothing like getting a 190 point game followed by a 45

I PERSONALLY think there are better options at this PARTICULAR price point than Shuey ( I know cripps is 537 and a good option )

• paul says:

Hannebery has some personal problems not sure if its facts you may need to some back research on him.Its a big NO for me.

in 2014 he had "personal" issues
        last season he made headlines for "quitting alcohol" and starting the season horrid. ive had a look and back up your claims of "personal" issues this pre season – cant find anything

• Lekdog says:

Tom Harley has said that Hannebery is behind evryone else in terms of being ready for the start of the season

• @wheels_1987 says:

cheers for the intel – ive looked on afl and Sydney website and didn't see anything. I will watch and wait – at this stage I have fyfe in my team with the view of swapping him with hannes before start of season if he looks fit, and bringing fyfe in when he drops in price – but maybe ill save a trade and hold onto fyfe through thick and thin

21. Danners says:

Looks a solid pick, if he can do work in the JLT, may just make my team. Should surely shoulder a bigger load this year with the gaps in the West Coast midfield. Great article BVC!

• @wheels_1987 says:

to be a good pick he will need to avg 10+ points at seasons end from his best ever season. do you think he can do that??

• Danners says:

Could see him average 105+, With the absence of Priddis and Mitchell, someone will have to pick up. Should either be Gaff or Shuey

• @wheels_1987 says:

yep ill be watching the west coast pre season games with a keen eye

22. Shake n bake says:

Shuey is a no for me not even on my watch list. If Cripps stays healthy how would Gibbs going affect him? Will he get more attention? Will he rise to great heights? Or just wait & watch to see him this pre season?

great point about Gibbs leaving Cripps – I hadn't thought of that
      can cripps break the tag each and every week??

• Shake n bake says:

More of a extractor wins his own ball. Murphy maybe more likely tagged?

• @wheels_1987 says:

stop the extractor from doing his job and murphy stands there holding his other balls all day

• BlueGreg says:

Murphy has been the tagged midfielder at Carlton since before Judd retired. He gets tagged more than any other player in the competition, only a goose would think that Gibbs leaving will mean all opposition teams will stop tagging Murphy to try and tag Cripps

• GloryDays90 says:

I had Cripps for a while in my team. But am starting to think he wont live up to all the hype this year and if he does start playing well will get tagged more than Murphy will.

• The Ranger says:

I had him but have dropped him out again, too much risk at M5 and too expensive for my M6,

• John says:

All this talk about tagging Cripps but please tell me how anyones gonna tag a 195cm tank

• GloryDays90 says:

Even if he isn't. That doesn't mean he will live up to the hype.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Good luck to them for trying

23. Mr.Brightside says:

I'm expecting J.Redden @ 438k to have a break out year for West Coast

• @wheels_1987 says:

why are you EXPECTING a BREAKOUT year for redden????
      the stats show the opposite
      please give us more OBJECTIVE evidence rather than one line of SUBJECTIVE opinion –
      here are his stats – please go into more detail as to why Redden is the man. Higgo thought so last year and got burnt
      here is his history

2009 8 65.5
      2010 22 76.1
      2011 22 102.9
      2012 22 102.8
      2013 22 98.0
      2014 14 103.1
      2015 17 95.5
      2016 15 64.1
      2017 17 79.6

• Derek says:

he is hoping that redden gets the midfield role vacated by priddis.

• @wheels_1987 says:

yea I thought that but just pointless to put a random comment in the thread and not elaborate
          what you just said then raises a good discussion point

• Mr.Brightside says:

Chill out Wheels, It's common knowledge about the retirements or are you the only one who wasn't aware of this

• @wheels_1987 says:

nah I didn't know that 2 of the most consistent MIDS of their generation had retired.

must have totally missed that.

wow

• Mr.Brightside says:

Ha Ha, lets move on mate, best wishes for the season – Back to Back in Yellow n Black !

• Mr.Brightside says:

2016,2017 – poor pre seasons due to abductor and ankles injuries.

The club has said he has had his best pre season since he's been at the club and they are looking at him to lead the inside midfield of which he has put his hand up to do so with the retirements of Mitchell and Priddis.

If Nic Nat stays fit this could also be a factor

Not locked and loaded but 1 of many who are on the possible break out list for 18

• @wheels_1987 says:

thanks for that – I really think west coasts season and MID performance will be led by NicNat's form. He is so important for them this year

24. INPieman says:

Rocky at the same price would be far more appealing than Shuey for mine

yep agreed

• Shake n bake says:

Beams definitely more appealing in my side atm $557k. Think he’ll really step up again in his 2nd ur of captaincy.

• The Ranger says:

Too much injury risk with both Rocky and Beams for me to start with them.
        Plus Rocky has burnt me about 843 times so far.
        I'll probably bring him in after his bye so wait for him to get injured in Rd11.

• IntelDesign says:

G'day Pieman

What's the go on cash leagues? Is it too early yet?

25. GloryDays90 says:

Do people think Daniher will improve more this year? Could be a good POD in the fwd line and he can play like Buddy.

• fatboyfat7 says:

I had him in an early draft of my side but took him out. Think he could be a ok option but is he worth the risk? I mean, how good could the upside really be? Even if he does have a good year, being a key position forward, good chance of snagging him at a similar or lower price as the season goes on. I remember Buddy last year was circa $450k at one point…

26. Imgonnalose says:

Hey community, what do we reckon on 1. Jaegerbomb and 2. Armitage would love to hear your opinions or if someone even wanted to do a write up

• The Ranger says:

Got JOM at M6 at the moment and if he can stay on the park he's a no brainer. Big IF tho.
      Armitage is bloody cheap too but I think he's as much if not more of an injury risk and he doesn't have as big an upside.

27. The Ranger says:

Thanks Barron.
    Someones gotta pick up the extra points at West Coast and no doubt we're all looking at that midfield mix and trying to work out who it will be.

• Dave G says:

Im actually thinking Dom Sheed could be the one to pick up the slack in the midfield? Thoughts on this one community?

• The Ranger says:

You can throw Ah Chee in there too Dave.
        I suspect that a few of them will all get a few extra points but I can't pick one that's actually going to be worthwhile picking up early.
        Anyone from the West wanna jump in here?

28. Finnius123 says:

Thoughts on Luke Parker? Cheap, great POD atm and has had a good pre-season. Was pretty much top 3 midfielders in 2016, still young and I am backing him to get back to it.

• Mr.Brightside says:

I'd prefer Hanners at a similar price, he has a higher ceiling imo

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Hanners has had a delayed start this preseason- racing the clock for rd 1.

• Lekdog says:

Shhhhhhhhhh

• hedski says:

Podcast Lekdog???
        I've been locked in the shed since Sunday waiting, surviving on VB and dog kibble.

• Derek says:

Parker is very nicely priced and has very good reliability. Why did his scoring drop last year?

The rise of Heeney is my only concern with him.

• The Ranger says:

I haven't checked his stats but whenever I saw Sydney play he seemed to spend a lot more time playing forward of the ball last season.

29. Damo says:

Coniglio and Greene or Kelly and Deledio/Lobb

Thoughts community?

30. DavidSA says:

This to me outlines my thoughts on midfielder depth. Chances of Shuey ending the season with his best sc avg is high in my opinion. As for a similar priced player and for the opistite reasons enter Rockliff

Why I won't be entertaining Rockliff

2015 (97.0)
    2016 (80.3)
    2017 (100.7)

Robbie Gray

2015 (110.4)
    2016 (108.1)
    2017 (91.7) (this was a year where Gray hardly played midfield time)

I must also point out that Port have up and coming talent in Sam Powell Pepper, Riley Bonner and Dary Burn Jones who all three I believe are on the up. Again I ask where does Rockliff regain super coach supremacy?

My verdict

Rockliff 2018 (97-107) high chance of missing a few rounds.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I will not be considering Shuey or Rockliff in my starting line up this season. Shuey is just to hot and cold for my liking and Rocky is just to prone to get injured and it is just too much of a risk. That said, it does not mean these guys can not be considered at a later time. I am going to watch them as the season unfolds and if their form is warranted, Rocky or Shuey can come into my team at a later date.

Cheers David

• Derek says:

I think Port will move the ball too quick for Rocky

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I agree. And if that is the case like you say, he will probably break down again anyway.

31. Gazza says:

I Might look at Shuey but i had him last year he save me and burnt me so if i stick with him hopefully he gives me results

32. TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi community, I have my SC "rough draft" team prepared and I want to run it through the Higginator to see how it stacks up during the bye rounds. Does anybody know if Higgo is releasing a 2018 Higginator spreadsheet? Or will someone like Derek prepare one for the community this season? It was one of Higgo's masterpieces, and without it, it just means more time spent p-iss f-arting around planning for the byes. Cheers!

• Liam says:

You can see the byes on SC itself.

Go to tools on the team screen and it should be there.

33. Skindog says: