A Letter to our Community

Jock Reynolds SuperCoach 2018

By now you’ve probably heard that Crouching went absolutely ape shit after Richmond won the flag.

Absolutely off his chops. Even by his standards.

You may have even seen some of the imagery going around the world wide internet.

The dry rooting of the Premiership Cup and of Dimma. The closed caption footage from a series of Thirsty Camel stores. The turd in the coaches box at The Adelaide Oval. The mutilated livestock. Those others we can’t even mention.

Right off his chops.

Higgo and I have spent a lot of the off season searching for him.  We followed an unconfirmed sighting to The Bungle Bungles in WA. Columbia. Amsterdam. Hastings. Pyanmah itself. Dandenong Family Holiday Park. Been all over the shop.

We eventually found the beautiful prick in a small village in Puerto Rico. Got there just in time. The locals were in the process of burning him to death.

They’d found him kneeling by a stream, feasting on the flank of a recently killed Buffalo. Suspected he was the mythical Chupacabra. Strung the poor prick up above a pile of wood and burned him. Burned him bad.

But we found him. We got him.

He’s doing alright. Not speaking yet. Strange far-off look in his eyes. Unable to move any limbs or facial features on the right hand side of his body. Lower half of his body charred like an overcooked snag. But we think he’ll be ok.

We think our mate will get through this.

New beginnings.

He’s with his family now. I catch a bus there each morning to redress his burns and slip him a sly six pack of Bundy Rum when Mrs Crouching leaves the room.

Higgo visits with Cathy and Father Ondown, the local priest. They sprinkle incense and shit on him for a few hours each day and chant shit.

Higgo won’t let on about Cathy. I reckon he might have. Not sure. He won’t let on. Shit I love my friend.

And me?

I’ve been living off the land. Found a nice patch of State Forest to call my own. Snarin rabbits. Diggin yams. Off the grid. Close enough to the coast to grab a wave a few times a week and hang the toes off the nose.

You see, the last few months with Crouching have caused both of us to think about life. About death. About the earth.

And about the wonderful opportunities that all of us have for new beginnings and rebirth.

A new dawn.

Today myself, Peter Higginbotham and The Crouching One are stepping down from holding the honour of leading this community for season 2018.

And mark my words my beautiful friends – THIS IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE.

For on this day we hand the baton over to three of the most impressive individuals a bloke or chick will even come across. Three men who embody what this community is all about.

Three men who understand that SuperCoach is important. Bloody important. Bloody FUN. But above all else – three men who understand the very essence of this thing and importantly – of this community.

Togetherness. Kinship. Brotherhood. Sisterhood. Respect. Positivity. Encouragement. A beacon of light in a world where too many humans don’t understand what life’s all about.

Love.

They understand that we fight the good fight on these internet pages. All of you do.

Lekdog. Barron Von Crown. Patch.

Step forward now my sons. Lead this community. Feed my people. Lead them onwards to green pastures of Supercoach Supremacy

I’m extremely proud of each on of you. I love you – and Higgo, Crouching and me will always love this community.

Let’s not get all bloody misty – let’s kick this bloody season off!! Whack your teams in the comments and let’s make beautiful SuperCoach.

Jock Reynolds.

Tags:

1. Slats says:

Thanks for everything you have done for the SuperCoach community Jock.

You will be missed my friend.

2. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

When i saw this post i thought of the final scene in "pump up the volume"
    Everyone thinks its over and disappointed then the music comes on and a huge cheer erupts and everyone hugs and celebrates. !
    Inspiring stuff.
    Bloody sad news on the three demi gods of this great game wish crouching all the best.
    You have left us all much better supercoaches and people in general.
    Thank you. Thank you.

But u have also have left us in pretty good hands the three muskateers (all for one and one for all – community motto) im sure will do a great job as they have learnt from the master and r ready to spread their wings and fly.

Lets go. Bring on 2018….

• Lekdog says:

All for one Trigga, thanks for the positive vibes. Let's all take a moment to say thanks to Jock, Higgo and Crouching…they were bloody legends

• Andrew says:

Thanks for everything! Good luck to patch, lekdog and bvc. Looking forward to a great season.

• @wheels_1987 says:

When players like Tony Free, Benny Gale and Wayne Campbell grace the field in yellow and black, then retire, you think to yourself. How could those DEMI GODS be replaced

Hard to believe but IT HAPPENED for the tigers

We now have Brandon Ellis, Dylan Grimes and Prestia as the new Demi-Gods

Lets put up a shrine, bow down and pray, then turn to our new pastors and praise

3. Kram says:

Every great thing must come to an end. Gonna miss you blokes like buggery this season, but on to new beginnings we must go and look forward to the new dawn

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Simpson, O’Shea, Doedee, Keefe, Murray, Goddard

MID: Danger, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, LDU, Brodie, Kelly, Lyons, Worple

RUCK: Ryder, Gawn

FOR: Heeney, Walters, C.Curnow, Higgins, shear , Venables, Garlett, Ryan

4. SC_Kev7 says:

I laughed. I cried. I feel happy that this Community will on. You'll always be welcome back behind the microphone, Jock

Send my regards to Crouching for a quick recovery.

xoxo

5. BrownlowBoy says:

Thanks for everything Jock. My love of Supercoach can be put down to you. I stumbled across your website a novice, didn't even know what a premo or mid pricer was. You changed the landscape of Supercoach forever mate, you will always be the Father of Fantasy.

6. Vinnie says:

Lest we forget our forefathers

7. Hoot says:

Best combo to ever discuss SC.

Confident the next will follow suit.

Good luck.

Thanks.

8. Shake n bake says:

Start and end with tnx!

9. sc tragic says:

Wow, now there is a turn up for the books.!! Mid pricers suddenly become preiums, well done guys looking forward to,

10. Shaun says:

Cheers jock you will be missed.

11. sc tragic says:

PreMiums!!!!!

12. TimmyTomahawk says:

What are our lives but death begun…

There are not the right words yet invented in the language of the Kings to properly convey the impact Jock Reynolds and his cohorts have had, not just on my Fantasy life, but also over that blurry line that crosses into my reality also.

Despite the calls for celebration, I cannot find it in my heart to smile at all. For the loss of greatness is never something to enjoy. Not yet anyway.

There in that Studio, tarp flapping and microphones lit up in red, ON AIR lights pulsing in their neon drenched splendor lighting up the Winters gone, true brilliance was created. And shared. They say the most despicable thing about excellence is that it requires an audience. But on this occasion, we can only feel blessed that Jock, Higgins and Crouching dared to dream all those years ago, and then bothered to share it with us…

You never know what you’ve got until it’s gone… Sifting through the ashes of all that we’ve lost, a single tear rolls down my cheek. Questions pepper my mind. Did I take this for granted? Was there more I could have done? Or was old mate right from my childhood – that all good things must come to an end…?

Let this be a lesson to us all today Community. There are possibly an umpteenth amount of things in all our lives that are fundamental to our veritable lives. Today we learned that we don’t show enough appreciation to them; that we need to remain more present in their blessed moments; and that we need to remain cognoscente of the things that truly matter to us – and celebrate them openly.

There’s a black hole sized gap in the SuperCoach landscape now. The characters that have exited stage left are seemingly gone, but lest we forget what they have given rise to. A community. The Jock Reynolds Fantasy Football Community.

Let us stay united. Let us continue to preach his word. To stay together, here, and share wisdoms, build our army, and conquer this great game.

VALE Jock. VALE Higgo. VALE Crouching. May the roads rise to meet you, and the winds be at your back as you continue on also without us. My only hope is that in your retirements you know that you have brought a lot of joy and touched many lives. I for one feel more like I’ve lost my closest friends.

Over to the new generation now. May you wear your crowns with the respect imbued by the follicles of the previous Kings…

Thank you Jock. You’ve been something truly special.

The NOTORIOUS Timmy Tomahawk.

13. Dave says:

WHAT?!? No more children’s stories? Whatever shall I do? They must be published to preserve historical significance!

14. Jedders says:

Words can’t explain my sadness and at the same time my extreme gratitude towards Jock, Higgins & Crouching One. Over these years I have laid in my bed late on Sunday nights, headphones in and laughed to the point of tears and always smiling ear to ear. I hated the end of podcasts because I had to wait another bloody 7 days. The reason for my passion for this community and SuperCoach is because of you Jock. The first time when we met at Doyle’s for CoachKings grand opening when “Grunnnnndy” kicked the sealer and broke Higgo’s heart. The footage of me going bananas was the beginning of a new era of Sports Fantasy in this nation. Jock, mate I can’t wait for our next beer and to be going back and forth on all that’s going on in the world. Now the batton has been passed onto the new great legends of our community, Leky, Baz & Patch (killer blokes) I really feel we should have party to celebrate your contributions to all of us Super Coaches our there. Let’s throw out some suggestions on how we can thank Jock & Higgo for their selflessness over the years last.
    Love you mate
    Jedders Out

15. Westy says:

Thanks for everything, Jock. Is Coach Cowboy still going to impart his wisdom in 2018?

We'll get around Lekdog, Barron and Patch.

16. gator59 says:

Good luck to yo Jocck, Higgo and Crouching on what endeavours you may embark on.. have had many laughs along the journey and great insight of this game they call SC……I take my hat off to all of you kneel and bow for all your efforts..

The place will be in great hands with Lek,, Barron and Patch and wish them all the best of taking over the reins

Looking forward to a lot more laughs… cheers fellas…. welcum

They talk about the signifigance of Gough being Sacked on remembrance day 1975

This day will go down in history for gon zillions of milleniums

17. Scotty says:

A bloody sad sad day!! Cheers for everything boys you'll be sorely missed

18. Dickens Cider says:

Thanks jock you bloody big legend of a man!!!!

Def- Hurley, Yeo, Laird, Hibberd, o’shea, Mira, a. Morgan,Johnson
    Mid- Martin, Mitchell, Merritt, Fyfe, Coniglio, Andrew Brayshaw, T.Kelly, D.Barry, garlett, fogarty, worpel
    Rucks- Gawn, Simpson, Olango
    Fwd- Heeney, Greene, Dahlhaus, Walters, Rayner, English, Ahern, L.Ryan

19. Creeker says:

Well played fellas. It's been one awesome ride. Thanks for so many memories. Will miss you mad bastards.

20. Kelly GangnumStyle says:

Oh my, the game will never be the same without the godfather of fantasy AFL and his two little buddies. I'm going to get shitfaced today and skip work tomorrow in your honour. Thanks for the memories. Thanks for the advice. Thanks for the laughter, tears and entertainment. But most of all, thanks for showing all who follow how its done.

21. John says:

Jock, Higgo and Crouching thank you so much for giving the community lots of fun and wisdom over the years you will be missed and I'm looking forward to Lekdog, Barron and patch I'm sure they do a wonderful job

22. Neil Demons Delight says:

The pod casts will be sadly missed .Changing of the guard will see your legacy continue Jock Good luck in your new ventures to all three and thanks for all your work. To LEK PATCH and BVC make it work fellas cheers Neil Demons Delight

23. Bandaidsolutions says:

Ahh bloody hell Jock I hate goodbyes! It's been a pleasure to listen to you guys over the years but in sure lekdog, patch and Barron bon crow will lead our community beautifuly!
    Def: Laird Howe Simpson
    Sicily Doedee Cummings int Murray Mirra
    Mids: Danger Mitchell Ablett Kelly Fyfe Coniglio
    LDU bailey int Higgins Kelly Garlett
    Rucks: Jacob's Gawn int Cameron
    Forwards: Billings Dahlhaus Christensen Rayner Ahern Ryan int Keeffe Jiath
    Just playing with structure ATM. Had Hibberd, Crips, Barlow, Walters and Devon Smith from time to time but I'm sure one or two will be back in the mix after my 100th draft of my side.

24. The_Blacksheep says:

Thank you Jock, Higgo and Crouching! Gonna miss you guys like buggery! Lek Dog, Barron Von Crow & Patch have been around the place for a while now and are ready to step up and lead this magnificent community!

25. @wheels_1987 says:

I cant believe it. I started my supercoach journey in 2012. Working as a Police Officer the banter in the office is top notch and the pride you have when you walk in the office, with the top score for the league is a feeling that cant be described. For me though the tale hasn't always been supercoach league titles and being the mentor for the young recruits in the office… times were tough back in 2012…. before then I had "dabbled" in the supercoach world. That pain you feel when you don't break 1000 pts was too hard to bear… come 2012. I put my best team forward and in my head I was unbeatable. I joined the work league with my chest out. Then round 1 hit and it was all downhill from there. My pride had taken a hit. That's when I found my golden sunlight, the beacon to light the way, the father…of MY fantasys. On my walks to work I started to LISTEN and LEARN. Jock took me from the work place laughing stock to a supercoach beast. SInce joining Jocks cult I have won ALL my draft leagues. I have finished in the top 12 for weekly scores and haven't been out of the top 10,000 for yearly results… I thank the father of fantasy for what he has made me… God Bless the boys and PS – Go TIgers

26. Holty says:

A very sad day. You boys will be missed. But we must not dwell over sad news as the batton has now been passed on to another 3. Lets get behind Lek, BVC and Patch and give it every opportunity to work.
    Jock, Higgo and Crouching, wishing you all the very best for your future endeavours. Hope they are as funny and enjoyable as I found your weekly podcasts.
    Lek, BVC and Patch, as Neil said above, make it work as I'm sure this loyal community will give you the support you need to succeed.

27. Lekdog says:

Beers indeed Hedski

28. Krups says:

Bloody hell we need a public holiday to stand all together as one amd remember. Gee what a ride its been. Thanks so much for all your support blokes. Supercoach will never be the same.

29. WoW_Trevor says:

How come my post advising that the other site is back until you get content was deleted straight away but a tirade of racial abuse towards me from a jock impersonator stayed here for days?

30. STIRLSY says:

So long Jock,Higgo and Crouching, you will be missed muchly, how am I going to get by without that maths wiz Higgo what will I do with the 2 days it took to figure out his numbers, who will be the maths wiz in the new crew? Maybe the Barron steps up here. Where will I get my laughs without Crouching, Patch is going to have to step it up and be the funnyman, and Lek has the all mother of jobs from taking over from the great man, but we know yr up to it LekDog.
    All the best and have a great year to the incoming team.
    And a big, huge thx to Jock, Higgo, and Crouching for all there work in past years.

31. gator59 says:

Great stuff mate .. welcome aboard

32. INPieman says:

As soon as I read this this morning I jumped straight into the car & drove to Dan Murphy's & grabbed a 30 pack. A today I will demolish every one of the tasty bastards in honour of my old mates. The world of fantasy will never be the same again. Thanks for the laughs fellas

33. Tyruddanaut says:

This is the saddest thing I’ve seen this year.
    I love you Jock, Higgins and Crouching with a passion. The joy you brought to my life last year during my struggle helped me find my happy place. And now I’m a nanny McPhee moment, you’re gone. When I want, but no longer need you.

I hope you all have a bright future ahead, achieve your dreams and share your humour with the world.

34. Shaun says:

Hi all just started a league 607433 all welcome to join.

35. WoW_Trevor says:

Hey Lek, You guys obviously have a problem with your hosting server or something. Why don'y you email me some of the content you have and I'll post it for you until you're up and running here.

• WoW_Trevor says:

It'll mean that your stuff is published while its fresh, I can even setup like a sub-site for JR stuff. Otherwise you run the risk of publishing a heap of content that is stale and the other sites will accuse you of copying them.

36. PDAP says:

Thanks boys, you will be missed but thank Christ the memory of Jock et al will remain.
    Question.
    I somehow? created five leagues. I want to keep two private leagues and eradicate two public and one private league.
    I have searched Supercoach but cannot find an answer to my question. Can anyone help me please.

37. INPieman says:

A man with a plan. Nice work Hedski. Hope your well mate

38. derek says:

what i loved most about Jock was how humble he was.

seriously, Jock Reynolds has probably been the single biggest influence, not only on the great game of supercoach, but on the game of AFL itself, at least in the last 50 years.

sure he could sit there all day and talk about himself, about how he won Supercoach 6 times in a row, the third time he went the whole season without making a single trade, or how he took young Gary Ablett aside and showed him how to sidestep and i'm certain that Sam Mitchell wouldn't have a left foot if it wasn't for Jock's patience with him, but Jock won't talk about any of that, he would prefer that no-one talked about how he was the first person to predict that Dangerfield would go to Geelong and become the uber supercoach player that he is now, in fact, if Jock was reading this now he would want me to stop typing and just talk about his community instead of mentioning that he played a record 643 straight games of AFL, he is truely humble man, and a great 'uman bein'.

i'll miss the podcasts the most. let us all hope that he will make regular guest appearance.

39. StevoRivo says:

Yes a big legacy you leave Jock, Higgo & Crouching! You’ve all been awesome & so happy the Tigers 🐅 won that lag at last! Hopefully once the new hosts settle, maybe a cameo? We are in safe hands with Lek, Patch & Baron.

Now, please rate my starting team community….Bring on 2018…

D: Hurley, Yeo, Laird, Bonner, O’Shea, Doedee (S.Murray, Morgan);
    M: Danger, Dusty, Fyffe, Cripps, Coniglio, Armitage, Rayner, Davies-Uniakie (Barry, Spargo, Kelly);
    R: Gawn, Nic-Nat (Hayes);
    F: Heeney, Billing’s, Dahlhaus, Stringer, Higgins (Rich), Ahern (Ryan, Garlett).

Any advice welcomed!

40. FisherDan says:

Sadness grips.
    Now that you are gone, I wasn't as scared of losing you, As I am scared of losing myself.
    Every season I've looked forward to hearing your voices each week, with unrivalled humour and absolute pearls of wisdom.
    It's no fluke that my Supercoach team's upward trends coincided with discovering the podcast back in 2012.
    Jock, Higgo and Crouching. You will be missed!!

Sometimes you have to let go of what's gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next.
    All the best Lekdog, Patch and Barron, for the baton has been passed. Your brilliantly comprehensive, witty in-depth articles I'm sure will continue. And will we see the return of the LekCast?

I raise my beer to you Jock, Higgo and Crouching One.

41. The Ranger says:

Was that you I saw fishing off the beach near Welshpool the other night Jock?
    I thought it was you but you legged it into the dunes when I drove towards you. Maybe the headlights freaked you out.
    Gimme the heads up mate and I'll turn the other cheek and ignore the traps.

Thanks for all you've given us over the years Jock. You'll be missed by many. Onya mate.
    Lek, Barron, Patch, nice one for stepping up to the plate.

42. SirSamuel016 says:

Jock, Higgo, Crouching. Thank you for all you've done, we'll miss you three blokes a hell of a lot. Looking forward to what Lekdog, Barron and Patch will bring to the table this year!

Current draft of my team is as follows:
    DEF: Hurley, Laird, Lever, O'Shea, Doedee, Murray (Cumming, Goddard)
    MID: Martin, Mitchell, J. Kelly, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Davies-Uniacke, Higgins (Garlett, T. Kelly, Holman)
    RUCK: Witts, Gawn (Cameron)
    FWD: Heeney, Gray, D. Smith, Rayner, Stephenson, Ryan (W. Rioli, Ahem)
    Any thoughts?

43. ToughBrett says:

Def: Hurley, Laird, Mcgrath, Coffield, Doedee, Murray (Morgan, Mirra)

Mid: Danger, Kelly, Oliver, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Blakely, Ahern (Kelly, Worpel, Holman)

Ruck: Gawn, Nat (Archie Smith)

Fwd: Billings, Walters, Christensen, Ah Chee (WCE), Higgins, Venables (Ryan, Keefe)

Logic with the setup is that I really have no idea who is going to emerge as a top 6 FWD, so I’m going to leave that line open to cash generation and stack up sure things around the rest of the ground.

Parker/Cripps is one choice that is giving me grief, and would be happy to hear opinions on that too.
    I also figure that Oliver and Titch are essentially the same player, and I’m intrigued to see Oliver continue to improve (He’s 20 years old and coming off a 110+ average – insane).

Lastly, having Archie Smith on the ruck bench gives me a small amount of insurance in case one of the ruckman goes down and I think it frees me from needing that FWD/RUC DPP situation.

Appreciate any feedback

44. Rick Grimes says:

I'm both sad and happy. Will really miss Jock and the lads, but glad we'll have something to hang our collective fantasy hats on. Looking forward to some new content. Chur

45. Hoot says:

Whens the first post for the new team coming?

46. TommyC99 says:

Sad to see Jock go, but its a new beginning for this great website. Looking forward to the season ahead!

Which 2 out of Tracca, devon smith and Curnow?

47. Beastiano says:

A very big thankyou and goodluck to the boys in community retirement, will miss the innuendo and laughs from the podcasts, many were had, but many will be had with the new breed too, couldn’t have named a better crew to lead us forth into Supercoach temptation.

48. Russty_ says:

Best of luck in the future Jock, Crouching and Higgo, with whatever endeavours you're all moving onto.
    You all gave us a lot of laughs, banter and priceless info that enabled all of us community to become better, more skilled Supercoaches, not to mention the Podcasts, which were always a hoot,and your efforts are widely appreciated.
    Take care fellas.
    Russ

49. Borko says:

Thanks Jock, Higgo and Crouching! Have listened since 2014 and really appreciate all the laughs and insight! Will particularly miss Higgo's Quantum Team Mechanics … taught me a lot about the game. Good luck for the future lads!

50. Chris says:

Thanks for all your hard work boys, stumbled across this place and never looked back, it was an education…

All the best for the future, you've left your legacy in good hands!

51. WoW_Trevor says:

WTF LEK
    What's going on with these comments?

52. Danners says:

Thank you Jock, Crouching, and Higgo for your wonderful wisdom over the years. Been around the website for around 6 or 7 years and it will hard to get through the Supercoach season without the magnificent trio. Looking forward to new beginnings with BVC, Lekdog, and Patch!

53. TOPHAWK1 says:

I have just spilt my bloody bourbon!!!

Jock, Crouching, and Higgo all leaving the SC community at once? I am gutted. You guys were legends of SC. But it is what it is.

Will miss you Jock.;-(

Patch, BVC, and Lekdog you guys all rock! (Rhymes too…)

Let's rip the face off Supercoach this season!!

• Russty_ says:

That'll teach ya…you A.W.O.L bastard! :), where ya been man?…lots of stuff has been happening in the meantime.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I always take time out in the off season to 'reload", just like Jock. Pull your head in Russty.

• Russty_ says:

Yep…righto then, I was joking around but…whatever.

• Neil Demons Delight says:

good to see you back Toppa Two invitation only leagues that welcome only top players like yourself A Graders 335120 and MAGNIFICENT 7 set up by GATOR and myself to attract the best Let me know your name if you changed it and reply thru here Good Luck TOPPA

• Tibor says:

Petracca a walk up start NDD or am I just dreamin'

• Neil Demons Delight says:

Hi Tibor these are the players I have had from Melbourne Gawn Oliver Hibberd Tmac J Smith brayshaw spargo balic petracca At present I have the first 5 plus Petracca Way too many and this will see petracca and Hibberd go Petracca will dominate 2018 but not so sure in supercoach Balic is super interesting

• Tibor says:

Rode the Clayton Oliver train from the start last year and that was a huge win, Brayshaw looks good if he has an ounce of luck and some consistent footy, The other one this applies to is Hogan, I wouldn't normally touch a young key forward with a ten foot pole but the price for a bloke with that much ability is hard to ignore. Joel Smith at that price if he gets picked is a sure winner. The Demons look like a real gold mine I probably won't take Oliver this year because his start price is so big there are better sc options. SALEM also a possible. The Dees and Eagles are really interesting this year imo WC now moving on from Priddis and Mitch..

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Thanks Neil. I am happy to join your league. I love tough leagues with quality opposition. Look out for Tophawk on league 335120. Cheers mate.

• Tibor says:

Great to see you back tophawk. Any thoughts on Sicily as a relevant pick . Also please do us a favour and refrain from the phrase "it is what it is"

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Tibor, that phrase is now officially dropped!

James Sicily…..mr Agro, I call him. He needs to curb his fiery temper and brain fades in 2018. I think in one game last year he gave away 7 free kicks and scored a PATHETIC 24 SC points. That's the bad.

Now for the good. The good is that this bloke can seriously play and goes in hard. His SC scores got better during the back end of last season which is a really good sign. As a DEF/FWD and at $402K, he is versatile, has age on his side, and is well priced. I will be watching him very closely in the JLT.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Good to see ya back for 2018 hawk.

Keep an eye out for the "Happy place" league invite.

Once the new crew start up will send it out.
      Be good to have you on board once again.

54. nbasportsandnews says:

Were a huge part of my Supercoach education fellas.. nothing but the best for you legends!!

First draft of team

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Ellis, Hibberd, Keefe, H Goddard, O'Shea, Doedee

MIDS: Danger, Dusty, Zorko, Fyfe, Bont, LDU, Brodie, Holman, Kelly, Worpel, Spargo

RUCKS: Ryder, Gawn, Olango

FWDS: Heeney, Robbie Gray, Dahlhaus, Stringer, Rayner, Fogarty, Ahern, Garlett

55. Dean says:

Jock,

You, and you trusted duo of misfits managed to put a smile on many a face for the past few years. You all added a unique presence in our community. One that you built, which we all owe you a debt of gratitude for. There’s a famous quote that states…” if you build it, they will come”. Well, you indeed build it, and we came, and now you leave the game, and the community will never be the same without you. Thanks for the memories.

56. Sambo says:

Going to miss you Jock, but grateful the forum will continue particularly those willing to help new SCers like me who started to play SC in 2017.
    Question.
    Can I pay an annual fee to join SC gold without having the HS delivered and without paying a $1 a day for digital?

57. Skindog says:

The world just got a little bit darker, a little bit colder, thanks for the Mamories boys, was a great ride,

58. Tibor says:

Like the mids and the rucks pick themselves this year. I had Dahlhouse last year and was a bit disappointed he is still pricey and on a downward trend imo. Personally I like the look of Petracca. DPP is a nice bonus. Mid price madness but each year there are breakouts so the rewards are there if you don't overdo it and get the right ones.

59. Neil Demons Delight says:

TOPHAWK check the comments from your last post

60. Kevin(Bogan Juniors) says:

Your podcast helped me get through some pretty dark times. Thanks for the happy memories gentlemen. All the best to you.

61. Tappy says:

Well played you fine bastards. That podcast helped me navigate pitiful Sydney traffic and the game in general is poorer without you lads. Enjoy retirement and best of luck to Crouching in his rehab.

62. Derek says:

I would love someone to do a “best bits” of the Podcast.

There was an episode that did a few of the old ones, if anyone can remember and put up a link.

In fact, it would be great if people posted a link to there favourite Casting of the Pod. Some people may still have them in their browser memory. I do remember a mother’s day episode…….

63. INPieman says:

Geez I'm feeling Dusty today. Holy shit what a bender

64. Jason says:

Is there a jock fantasy magazine 2018 ?

65. Shake n bake says:

Billings hammy. May miss pre season games. Was in my fwd line. 🤡🤔

66. IntelDesign says:

Any word on cash leagues, and how long before organizers of cash leagues begin raising funds for old and new leagues? Supercoach is not the same without a good cash league. Thanks in advance.

67. They were Kings says:

And now their watch is ended.

68. TOPHAWK1 says:

Any thoughts on Scott Lycett for R2 at $277K? I am looking for the 2018 "Jarrod Witts". He has been training the house down and looks really fit. Nic Nat is still not ready and appears to be "micro managed" at this stage.

69. Neil Demons Delight says:

any of Gawn Kruze Sauce or Steph set and forget THEN get on with the other lines easy peasy

70. @wheels_1987 says:

Topolinos Pizza in St Kilda is a good pizza if you want to put on 10kgs from each slice. Amazing meat to base ratio

71. CalebCripps922 says:

Cheers To The Goats of Supercoach- Jock Higgo And Crouching.

72. Loo says:

Def – Laird, Scharenberg, McGrath, Hibberd (NM), J.Smith, Doedee (Keefe, Murphy)

Mids – Titch, Zerrett, Adams, Kelly, Rocky, Fyfe, Armitage, LDU (Brayshaw, Freeman, Powell)

Rucks – Kreuzer, Gawn (Darcy)

Fwds – Heeney, McLean, Robinson, Gallucci, Setterfield, Rioli (Ahern, McCartin)

$42,800 left

73. Luke says:

Jock mate, hope you get to see this message.

Can't say I'm shocked that you won't be leading us into 2018, but just as disappointed all the same. I'm gonna miss the podcasts and you're sensational fantasy footy knowledge being at the forefront of my team planning and execution.

Mate, I know this is all just a little game, but no shit, it actually makes my week a little easier and a lot more fun! The fact that you, Crouching and Higgo were always such a huge part of this game to me, I have to say thank you so much for everything. You've made a difference for a lot of people out there, including me.

Wishing you blokes all the best for the future. Godspeed, you magnificent bastards.

74. ToughBretts says:

DEF: Hurley, Laird, McGrath, Coffield, Doedee, Murray (Cumming, Mirra)

MID: Danger, Kelly, Crouch, Duncan, Fyfe, Beams, Blakely, Ahern (T. Kelly, Worpel, Holman)

RUC: Gawn, Longer (English)

FWD: Heeney, Walters, Smith, Higgins, Venables, Dawson (Giles-Langdon, Ryan)

I feel like my M1-M7 can all average 105+, and Blakely will turn into a Titch, Martin or Zerrett the second one of them slips up.

McGrath has big year written all over him as a number on draft pick that just completed his midfield apprenticeship and is ready to go in full time.

I've put a line through Nic Nat because it's just too close to the season to still be not training with the main group, and with Lycett back up and running as well I can't see them giving Nat a full workload to start the season.
    Longer I feel is primed to break out. Still only 24, and was a top 10 draft pick, and finished off last season averaging 105 from his last four games. Also, he's close enough to Nat price-wise that if Nic does explode out of the blocks it is a cheap upgrade.

Happy to hear any feedback or discuss picks

75. Shake n bake says:

If you could only fit one in your side who would you take Beams $557k or Cripps $537k?

76. GloryDays90 says:

Any feedback is welcome.
    Still not sold on some players:

DEF: Laird, Rich, TMac, Naughton, Murray, Doedee (Mirra, Cumming)

MID: Danger, Mitchell, Fyfe, Pendles, Cripps, Rayner, LDU, Brodie (Holman, Dow, Kelly)

RK: Goldy, Gawn( Hayes)

FWD: Heeney, Billings, Dahlhaus, Sicily, Ahern, Ryan( Switkowski, Garlett)

156.1k left in bank

77. Rabbits16 says:

Im calling my psychiatrist right now. How could you do this to us. tell us its a cruel joke Jock

78. Scyb says:

Anyone going near gazza???

79. Loo says:

Fyfe or Cripps M6?

80. Frankston Phil says:

Sad news you will be missed. I might see you next time YC play your boys down at Bon Beach and we can have a few frothies. Thanks for all the good work won't be the same without you.

81. Walter White says:

Hi, I appreciate all this content but could we please have some rookie cheat sheets, or news on who is on the senior list/rookie list.

82. Doughboy says:

Literally devo on the retirement of Jock,Higgo & Crouching!

Feel free to join…..must be a Fantasy Geek or a retired bush league Warwick Capper!

83. Nutsack says:

damn youre a fine looking speciman JR…. love the smokers jacket…identical to mine…..straight out of the 70's and into the millenium!!!