SuperCoach RD23: The Heroes, The Villains, The Damned.

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 29, 2017 • views: 7266

Heroes-Villians-Damned

Rejoice, Community.

One of the most difficult SuperCoach seasons in recent memory is over.

Congratulations to those who made it to the top of the mountain and either triumphed in their leagues or succeeded in their quest for rankings supremacy.

A stunning performance from Buddy Franklin ensured things went out with a bang on the weekend.

Plus there was a certain Crow who all but cemented his position as a must-have player in 2018.

The Heroes

When he’s on, he’s unstoppable. Lance Franklin (171 SC) produced a performance for the ages on Saturday night, taking a much-improved Liam Jones to the absolute cleaners. Bud booted 10 goals to storm to a Coleman Medal win, also delivering 10 marks and 11 contested possessions in a commanding display.

Put this in the book now, Matt Crouch (150 SC) is a must-have for 2018. His 45-disposal outing on Sunday was the latest in a long line of performances in the back end of 2017 that helped push his season average up to an imposing 110. He will only improve that figure next season. Jump on.

Fellow Crows midfielders Rory Sloane (149 SC) and Brad Crouch (133 SC) also benefited from the dominance of Sam Jacobs at stoppages in their match against West Coast on Sunday. Sloane racked up 38 disposals, 23 contested possessions, 14 clearances and 9 tackles while Brad had 42 disposals, 29 handballs, 15 contested possessions and 10 clearances.

A brilliant display from emerging Bomber Zach Merrett (144 SC) helped him produce a big performance to finish off the season with an average of 109 per match. He had 4 goals and 31 touches in Essendon’s victory over Freo. Hawks ball magnet Tom Mitchell (120 SC) capped off a magnificent season with another workman-like game. His season average of 118.9 ranks only third behind Patrick Dangerfield and Dustin Martin.

Sam Menegola (131 SC) has benefited from extra opportunities in Geelong’s midfield following the absence of Joel Selwood. He finished with 3 goals, 34 disposals and 15 contested possessions to help the Cats dismantle GWS. Menegola will be a tantalizing prospect if given forward status next season.

Other significant scores:  Matthew Boyd (133 SC), Jarryd Roughead (132 SC), Brendon Goddard (129 SC), Sam Gray (127 SC), James Sicily (124 SC), Callum Ward (123 SC), Shaun Grigg (123 SC), Ben McEvoy (122 SC), Brad Ebert (121 SC), Dyson Heppell (121 SC).

The Villains

Nick Riewoldt (75 SC) and Luke Hodge (47 SC) were probably more focused on their farewell games rather than giving their owners adequate scores, while Tom Rockliff (77 SC) and Dayne Beams (76 SC) were most likely concentrating on making sure the Lions gained the number one draft pick for next season.

Popular defensive options Michael Hibberd (79 SC), Sam Docherty (66 SC) and Alex Rance (66 SC) let their owners down with below-par returns while forward trio Luke Dahlhaus (66 SC), Robbie Gray (66 SC) and Isaac Heeney (64 SC) all had games they would rather forget.

The Prodigies

In a year where good cash cows have been extremely hard to find, Alex Witherden (99 SC) just pips Hugh Greenwood for rookie of the year. Witherden finished the season averaging 87 and his DEF-MID eligibility provided extra flexibility for his owners.

The Redeemers

It’s been an up and down year for Kade Simpson (118 SC), but he finished it off nicely with a 29-touch match on Saturday. Despite his average dropping by more than 10 compared to 2016, Simpson registered his ninth year in a row averaging 93 or more.

After starting the season in irresistible form, Toby Nankervis’ (119 SC) second half of 2017 was fairly ordinary. So it was pleasing for his owners that he finished off the minor round with a bang. With Ivan Soldo out of the side, the Nank was back to full time ruck duties and benefited significantly, finishing with 31 hit outs.

The Damned

Heath Shaw (42 SC) has taken out the title for the biggest let down of 2017, narrowly edging out Tom Rockliff. For many, including myself, he has gone straight on the never again list. It’s been a dramatic fall from grace for Heater, with his average dropping by a staggering 23 points per game compared to 2016. In fact, Shaw’s paltry 2017 average of 83.3 is the first time in 12 seasons his average has dropped below 90. You have to go way back to 2005, Shaw’s first season, for a worse yearly return. He’s clearly enjoying the twilight of his career and simply can’t be considered for next season.

Twitter: @CarlPfeiffer9

Tags: ,

1. im outta trades! says:

Bring on next season! get your cheat sheets ready as season is fresh in mind.

• Penelope Pitstop says:

That would be living in the past. Making sure that you see every preseason game is the most important aspect of supercoach, after luck.

2. INPieman says:

Great work through the season Carlos

3. JohndJames says:

Great write up but most of your scores for the players are wrong.From my team,in the order you have named them, the right scores are Buddy 183, M.Crouch 146, Mitchell 111, Beams 78, Hibberd 67, Heeney 76, Witherden 104, Nank 90.Apart from that I have found this site to be really helpful,being my first year on it,I'm sure it played no small part in me going from 24552 ranking last year to 1501 this year and from winning one GF last year to four this year.Have really enjoyed my time chatting to the other players on this site and will be back next year.My leagues also did well,if anyone is interested for next year,'Rogue Traders' ranked 382,'Holy Grail' ranked1553,'TheSonsOfAnarchy' ranked 2142,'Won't Back Down' ranked 3506 and 'Jolly Roger' ranked 7622.

• neil demons delight says:

great personal year J J But don't know about your leagues doing well though heaps of fun TRIGGS pauls cashy AGRADERS UPthere Cazaly were from 5o to 300 that's what I call good next year these leagues will only be better but as I said loads of fun and commeraderie cheers

• Russty_ says:

Hey John congrats on your breakout year mate, and I'll be trying to sneak into a few of your leagues next season if they're still there, cheers mate, hopefully it's ok if I can bring a friend too.

Make em private only mate so no plebs or "celebrities" get in there :)

• JohndJames says:

Thank's Russty,I was only hoping to make it into the top 10,000,so went way over my expectations,now I'll have to back it up next year and not crash and burn like the bulldogs did.I'd be happy for you to join a few of my Leagues next year,that's why I put them out there in case anyone was interested.I turned them private just before the start of the season,since I had a few trouble makers and it was the only way to get them out,I gave the ones from 'Jolly Roger' the black spot.Hopefully we won't see the same amount of injuries to our players that we experienced this year next season since it really played havoc with our teams.

4. SC_Kev7 says:

Appreciate the effort you've put again this year, Carlos. Few DT scores crept in this week.

With another year in the can I'm Interested to hear the communities top 3 absolute nonnegotiable 100% locks for next year

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ive got the DDT's

Danger.
      Docherty
      Titch.

Big $ but hey you get what u pay for.
      Will have for look for value elsewhere.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Like it, Trig. Huge outlay. Reckon starting with Danger + Titch will cause a few debates. Plenty of mids coming off strong years you could use to save a few bucks

• Tyruddanaut says:

Danger of course
      Jelwood will be dirt cheap
      Curnow, if Kelly joins, will see more of the ball and ended the season with 95 average and 75 for season avg

• SC_Kev7 says:

Interesting call on Curnow. A few more popular mid/fwds will probably be culled for next year. Will need to lean on KPF's again

• JohndJames says:

Doc,Danger,Ryder.

DANGER TICH DOC/HIBBERD

• SC_Kev7 says:

Danger, Titch, Doch – looking at approx $2m outlay on 3 players there, NDD.

• neil demons delight says:

correct  but which   one to delete  Doc wont go down not now he is a mid  looks like danger

• SC_Kev7 says:

It'll be a tough call. Hard to say at the moment with only a tiny piece of puzzle, but Doch for mine is clear number 1 in defence (Hurley lovers don't @ me)

I'm loyal to Danger over Titch

• Russty_ says:

Hey Kev, might not start with Danger next year, will start with..Doch, Hurley, Macrae, M.Crouch. Sorry not top 3 but I reckon I'll bet on those blokes.

5. BrownlowBoy says:

Thanks for the season Carlos and co, it's very much appreciated.

6. Big G says:

Thank you Buddy Franklin for winning me my league.

7. Iconic says:

Anyone know if there is a SuperCoach Finals up and running yet this year?

8. Wighty says:

When are sc 2018 prices out…..I'm having withdrawal symptoms already !!!

9. TheGreatBozza says:

Brought in both Buddy and Zerrett for the final who went BANG! Giving Matty Crouch my norm smith however since he was a unique.

Shaw and Scharenberg tried their best to lose my the GF. So long Heath Shaw, it's been a fun ride

10. tkringle says:

Scores in the article seem way off? e.g Hibberd 69 not 79, buddy 183 not 171?

11. Rivo says:

Carl, thank you for being a great contributor to the Jock Reynolds SC Community. The weekly articles have been a great read and solace for most of us in a difficult season.

Like many coaches, I've made some awful decisions and some good ones.

Dammed from my rat ridded team: Shaw, T.Lynch (GC), Dahlhaus, Hanners.

Next season inclusions: Adams, Oliver, Gray, Cripps, Nic Nat, Burton.

My best starting selection was Matt Crouch. And all on the back of Jocks pre season magazine. Inspired call Jock.

• Smote says:

Plenty of good considerations for midfield spots next year.

Like these ins except …..Gray ?
      As in Robbie….?
      Downhill skier for mind ….has been superseded by Wingard going to the middle.

I'd add Coniglio or Whitfield if Josh Kelly moves on.

And Jack Steven….if he overcomes his groin probs.

• Rivo says:

Gray only based on being DPP next season.
        Plenty of others to consider too.

• Smote says:

Agree Rivo DPP's worth their weight in gold this year.
          Just hope there are some new additions next year that are more tempting than Gray.

• Russty_ says:

Don't really like Gray or Steven for next season, unless they show some serious consistency early on, and that means several tonnes in a row…otherwise, they can go get fk'd lol

12. Defying_Madness says:

Rocky will be undergoing surgery on his shoulder along with Beams. Apparently they were both playing injured majority of the year. Does this change anyone's decision on whether to start Rocky next year?

13. The Ranger says:

Thanks for your great work Carlos, much appreciated.

14. Richard says:

Never trust a breakout player like Matt Crouch after 1 year of premo scoring.They will come back and bite you on the arse.Always a watch see possible upgrade target

• Russty_ says:

You could say the same about Oliver…turned out to pretty trustworthy.

• Richard says:

Yes you could so would you start him in your side next year?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Richard, yep I will be cause I'm going to have a predominantly youth policy next time around, I'll probably start both as of now but as you know a lot can change between now and then so it's hard to say really until we see who's available and for what price, cheers mate.

15. Richard says:

When ever the time prevails could someone write an article about North Melbourne's inability to be super coach relevant.Over the years the only notable premo players they have had is A.Swallow T.Goldstein S.Higgins.Every week you look at the North players scores you would be lucky to find 3 over the ton.Why does this phenomena occur year in year out ?

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

True
      Except goldy can't think of any other north player besides rookies who has been a regular.

• neil demons delight says:

I had hibberd all year brilliant also pickett and his 91 looped got me to the finals never thought I would say it but both served their purpose but did I miss out on cash generation

• neil demons delight says:

Hawks are the same except tich maybe roughy

• frogger says:

Luke McDonald might be an option next year, solid back half of the year in particular. Not uberpremo, but potentially solid for the price?

• Richard says:

He will be looked at for sure by the majority as his season was consistent and no absolute shocker scores.

• Keenbutclueless says:

As a left field option I will be looking at Dumont next year. Preuss will be on every radar if Goldy leaves. Jacobs if cheap might be a M7/8 option, and Ahern as a rookie

16. Richard says:

Many thanks to all concerned contributing to this website and may you all have a fantastic off season

17. neil demons delight says:

Great read all year Carlos Looked forward to your report each week wish I could be as comprehensive well done son till next year cheers

18. neil demons delight says:

Waiting on OLDOCKERS review anyone know

19. neil demons delight says:

Is it true about Hirdie going to Collingwood could take over when they sack bucks make a few on this site cringe

• CheekyNandos says:

Apparently Hirdy will be an assistant to Bucks and as a pie supporter I dont understand why everyone keeps giving Hirdy crap for a mistake he made 5 years ago. Scott Burns has left for Hawthorn and Hirdy will be able to do his job so I say why not give him a chance.

That being said I think James bleeds Red and Black and I believe he won't come over to the pies .

20. frogger says:

Thanks very much to Carlos for the great work all year and it sounds like we have some Old Ocker to look forward to as well. Top stuff!

21. Steeeve says:

Anyone copy and paste that HS article about the winner and his strategy? Will be forever grateful…

• SC_Kev7 says:

STUART Bailey can thank the reverse trades button for claiming the $50,000 overall prize in Australia’s biggest fantasy competition.

But his first thanks have to go for his workmates at a Mulgrave printing business, who talked him into signing up in March.

“I wasn’t going to play this year and the guys at work talked me into it for their league,” Bailey said.

“I picked my team probably quicker than I ever have before and I didn’t pay much attention until I hit the No. 1 ranking. I usually just play for my league, I didn’t think I’d ever get that close.”

Bailey, who finished about 20,000th overall last year, made a lot of the same mistakes that thousands of other players fell into.

He started with Aaron Sandilands and Jarrod Witts in the ruck, which proved a key to success in 2017, but his Round 1 team also featured Jaeger O’Meara, David Swallow and Jarryd Roughead.

Stuart Bailey claimed the $50,000 major prize.
      Crucially, he didn’t hesitate to get rid of them when it became clear they were likely busts.

O’Meara and Roughead were gone after three rounds, replaced by Marc Murphy and Will Hoskin-Elliott.

Swapping Swallow to Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca to Elliott Yeo also proved inspired moves.

But the crucial moment came after Bailey’s team, the Big Kabosh, jumped to No. 1 overall about Round 8.

He had previously paid no attention to the bye rounds but realised he would have only 13 players available in Round 10.

“I had two rounds to start getting players in to get me through the byes and everything snowballed from there.”

Possibly his best — and luckiest — move was to bring in Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer when Sandilands missed his first game through injury in Round 10.

“I was mucking around with trades before I left for a trip to Tasmania that weekend and I actually forgot there was a Thursday night game that week. I went to reverse it but it was already locked in.”

Kreuzer had averaged 98 points to that point and was available for $487,800, just $23,000 more than Sandilands.

He scored 146 points that week and was one of the form players of the second half of the season, finishing with a 110 average.

The planets aligned again when Patrick Dangerfield was suspended for a week in Round 20.

Bailey wanted to upgrade a bench player to Joel Selwood as cover, but fell $4000 short. So he settled for Dayne Beams.

The Brisbane fan then watched Beams fly home with two scores above 130 in his final four games. He also traded Witts to Max Gawn the week the Melbourne big man scored 160.

“That was another lucky move,” he said.

“I was just a bit blessed, I think. I don’t know how it happened.”

Bailey plans to use the $50,000 prize to upgrade his 1994 Toyota Camry and to travel around Europe. But not everything went to script.

“I lost the work league. My highest score of the year was 2580 and someone came out of nowhere and scored 2582 to knock me out in the prelim. The guys at work enjoyed that a lot.”

• Steeeve says:

You are a gentleman and a scholar Kev!
        Goes to show it's all about making the right moves at the right time, and I'd say thats equal parts brain amd luck.

• SC_Kev7 says:

No worries, Steeeve. Agree mate, by the sounds of it his starting team was fairly cookie cutter and his trades worked out for him. No big Bruyn Maneouvre type moves

• The Ranger says:

The thing I take from that is to move early on the mid-pricers if they're not working out.
            I held Roughie and Swallow for far too long.

• INPieman says:

The gods only smile on one person. Everyone else has a hard luck story to tell

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ahh u lucky plick.

What is this guy irish?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Haha, I feel ya Trig. Feels like for all his dumb luck/good fortune trades, I could name half a dozen "upgrades" that bombed spectacularly.

• neil demons delight says:

this is great reading Kev A lot of luck involved and good moves like getting rid of dead wood early like to know his trade record

• Russty_ says:

Hey Neil, yeah a lot of luck for sure in the replacements he chose, and also he didn't dawdle when it came to punting injured or out of form guys dropping low scores.
          I'd like to see his trade history too, to see when and if he ran out of trades, and if he actually made any bad trades during the year lol

22. Cr0magn0n says:

Hey community, I've started an NFL fantasy league (free – nil cash buy in) and have 4 spots left. Live draft is scheduled for 3:00 pm this Sunday (03/09/2017). Anyone keen? No experience necessary, it's nowhere near as complicated as SC, all I ask is committment for the duration of the season (which just happens to fit beautifully into the void left by the SC season). Any questions feel free to ask. Invite is via email so leave your email address in the comments so I can send invites.

23. matt says:

Hello?? Anybody???? It's normally team selection and hurling abuse at the ins and outs this time of the week… I don't know what to do with myself.

24. Will says:

Who's starting Fyfe next year?

25. Russty_ says:

Tigers fans must be pretty stoked Dusty's decided to remain a one club player and not chase the bigger bucks, gotta respect that.
    Hope the long suffering Tigers fans have some joy this finals series, it'd be about time, from a longer suffering Saints fan lol.

26. Russty_ says:

It'd be nice if there was a Supercoach Finals series so our withdrawal symptoms wouldn't have to last so long…we get to pick a team of only finals players, and get enough trades to get rid of players in the teams that get knocked out, why not?…it'd be fun.
    AFL Fantasy does it in their Matchday Game, you get to pick a team of 8, trying to get the best scores out of them, not a big fan of the AFL Fantasy Classic game, but the draft and Matchday games are fun and don't take much time to participate in.

Someone should petition Herald Sun for a finals series, it'd be a good way to keep our competitive juices flowing.

• SC_Kev7 says:

They had a finals format for a few years, Russty. Dunno why it stopped, but I remember it being not all that popular. Draftstars will have matchups for each game. I noticed too that there is a BBL icon if you tap on the filter tab, some BBL Draftstars will be awesome!

• Goanna says:

You are way over the top about SC. Get a life.

• Russty_ says:

Thanks for your input mate, it's always nice to receive positive feedback.
        What do you suggest I do from here going forward?..seeing as how I don't have a life and all… as I really value your opinion…guy I've never heard of.

27. Joshua says:

Anyone looking at Boekhorst for next year? Ended pretty well.

• Joshua says:

And silvagni if he stays on park and price is good

• Russty_ says:

Hey Josh, I'm gonna just start with a clean slate next season, especially after this one…I reckon Boekhorst is quite awkwardly priced and not a very reliable scorer and Silvagni hasn't proved much worth picking him yet.
      I know I won't be starting with Bont next year, he tends to fade later in the season, maybe won't start Danger also, and Dusty always has a crap patch, where he drops below 500k, every year.

Guns n rookies could be the go again next year, with a few strategically picked midpricers in the mix.

Cheers mate.

Tis a shame everyone abandons the site come finals time, we should all keep talking about Footy until the Footy's over. :)

28. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ok lads here it is – my version of Supercoach finals!

How many of us want a Happy Ending?
    C’mon mind out of the gutter as this is the JR crew this can only mean one thing:
    Supercoach Finals!

Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending. Imagine being the best performer in the finals series, you would have the all sorts of bragging rights over Jocks flock and this would surely stir the tank to get you up and about and to look towards the preseason and 2018 AFL season.

How many of us were at a loss on the weekend? Maybe you hired a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn, maybe you ended up in hospital from the mild heart attack you had when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. Get well by the way. Whatever you did I bet there was something missing? Well as the herald sun won’t come to the party then I’m going to create my own version of Supercoach Finals.

Changes:
    Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
    •No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
    •No captain or Vice-Captain
    •No Bench
    Sounds easy right? Well here are the rules.

Rules:
    1.Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)
    2.Players must be named in the supercoach positon that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Dangerfield can’t be a forward)
    3.All teams must be listed on JR site before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 4).
    4.If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e. Selwood) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. Again this change must be posted on the JR website.
    5.Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the heraldsun supercoach point scoring system.
    6.The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
    7.The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
    8.As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:

Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
    •16 Players consisting of:
    o4 Back
    o6 Midfield
    o2 Rucks
    o4 Forwards

Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
    •12 Players consisting of:
    o3 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o3 Forwards

Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
    •12 Players consisting of:
    o3 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o3 Forwards

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
    •10 Players consisting of:
    o2 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o2 Forward

Depends how much interest we get on whether I put together a table of everyone’s team and results.
    This may be too much work so may rely on the honesty system where you add up and keep track of your own score. Afterall if you cheat you are only cheating yourself and anyone at anytime can check to see your team total as you have posted your team on the website so big brother is always watching.

So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over the rest of us.
    Also don’t forget that Draftstars runs each week during the AFL final series. So why not have a go? Some big cash prizes to be won and who knows you may even be able to pay off that credit card.
    Good luck! Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……

• hedski says:

Ha ha. Happened to have a look on here for the first time in a week to check if you had something up and about Trig, I'm in, will post a team for this week before tomorrows game.
      Good idea for the setup. Cheers mate.

• Jambak says:

My team:
      Def: laird, Williams, rance, Hurley
      Mids: danger, dusty, m crouch, zerrett, jpk, j.kelly
      Ruck: Ryder, s. Jacobs
      Fws buddy, Daniher, Greene, yeo

• Lazza says:

Wife says "No", so dont say nuffin ok !!

Lazza's Lairs

DEF: Hurley, Wilson, Tuohy, Laird
      MID: Danger, Dusty, M Crouch, Z Merrett, Kelly, Parker
      RUC: Bellchambers, Jacobs
      FWD: Franklin, Greene, Betts, Ryder

• Russty_ says:

Hey Trig, here's my first draft, hopefully they'll play…:)
      Team-Russtynuts

Z.Jones, Laird, McVeigh, Houli
      M.Crouch, Danger, Dusty, Merrett, Duncan,Josh Kelly
      Ryder, Bellchambers
      Gray, Yeo, Kennedy, Greene

Bump back to the top :)

Adjusted Team: Russtynuts

DEF: Z.JONES, LAIRD, MCVEIGH, HOULI
      MIDS: M.CROUCH, DANGER, DUNCAN, DUSTY, ZERRETT, JOSH KELLY
      RUCKS: RYDER, BELLCHAMBERS
      FWDS: WINGARD, YEO, JOSH KENNEDY, GREENE

Cheers Trigger

• SC_Kev7 says:

Slapped together a team quick smart, hedski. See how it goes…

Rucks x 2

Forwards x 4
      Buddy – Sydney
      Heeney – Sydney
      Yeo – WC
      Dead Man Dixon – Port

29. hedski says:

Stuff it I've already slapped a side together Trig.

Hedskis Slappers.

Def – Hurley, Houli, Gov, Wilson

Mid – Danger, Parker, M.Crouch
    J.Kelly, Menegola, Dusty

Ruck – Sauce, Ryder

Fwd – JJK, Buddy, Dixon, Daniher

That'll do, I think I have two from each team.
    Bring it on. (Full KPP fwd line ha ha.)
    Note- I have swapped Z.Williams for Wilson 2 hours before kick off, rest remains the same.

30. gator59 says:

Here goes with my team Trigga

Zac Dawson's Dream Team

Def– Laird, Hurley,, Houli,, Pittard

Mid– M.Crouch,, Z. Merrett,, Danger,, Dusty,, J. Kelly(GWS),, Parker

Rucks–Ryder,, Z. Smith

Fwds– Spitter/Kicker Greene,, Buddy,, Yeo,, JJK

Hope this cuts the cake Trigga..

31. Russty_ says:

Nice idea Trigga… I'll be in it :)

32. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Good stuff lads.

Team: Trigs Happy Ending.
    Def: Laird, Hurley, Houli, McGov
    Mid: Danger, Dusty, Kelly, M Crouch, Duncan, Zerrett
    Ruck: Ryder, Mumford
    Fwd: Yeo, Buddy, Heeney, Wingard.

Good thing is as we need players from every game wont know who takes the crown week 1 until Sunday.

Game on.

33. neil demons delight says:

GREAT NAME TEAM hurley McVeigh McGovern houli MIDS M CROUCH danger dusty merrett Kelly Duncan RUCKS ryder Jacobs FWDS Gray Yeo Buddy Greene Neil DEMONS DELIGHT

34. Jambak says:

I give up ! Tuohy for laird !

35. SC_Kev7 says:

Jock must be enjoying his offseason too much, didn't hear back. I've jumped in the $2 mini tonight and the free beat baz contest

36. Russty_ says:

Giants are shite…wouldn't be surprised if they go out in straight sets.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

If big if the way crows def play but if hits the ground not presdu6re in fwd line just waltz it out of there.

Crows turned up to play a final tonight but GWS ….

• neil demons delight says:

stevie j may straighten them out will still win and easily other two are rubbish would be a good match up for our teams Russty

37. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Lads.
    Match 1 is done and dusted and so is GWS if they dish that up next week. Ever heard of fwd pressure? Crows bloody magnificio with the crouch boys leading the way, eddie the wizard up to his tricks and sloanedog to return look out.

We have the magnificent 7 of valid SC finalists.
    Quick update:
    Every team has 6 of the same players so 10 pods so plenty of variety.
    The late comer in Kev is the early clubhouse leader with the formidable midfield combination Crouch, Kelly and his big pod in Cogs. 442.
    Most of us had laird or Sauce who failed to fire last night.

38. neil demons delight says:

Not convinced about the crows Trigg.. cats and swans have equal if not better mids and Swans have the def. Written off Port Essendon Richmond gws and wce not good enough for mine 396 par I think sauce a let down

39. hedski says:

365 for me, my last minute decision to change Williams to Wilson cost me 43 points….d'oh.

40. hedski says:

Should be a cracker Russty, how'd ya score last night?

41. Russty_ says:

Nice work mate…could you post a mid finals update ladder to see where we sit?

42. Russty_ says:

Appreciate all your efforts for doing this , it's awesome and great fun, cheers bud.

• neil demons delight says:

yeah rusty maybe start earlier next year but to whip it up at short notice incredible effort Format is perfect Just needs more coaches but happy to play against these guys

43. neil demons delight says:

tackles just didn't stick motlop was poor particularly his disposal but a loss could work in geelongs favour without the big break and they are still a very good team Hawk battled hard and s selwood probably need menzel now

44. Richard says:

Same old same old from Geelong.A good home and away side but no good when the heat goes on them in the finals.Another sharlacking like last year against swans.Even if you think they were in it at some stage The tigers were just having a breather
    before the final onslaught.I hope the tigers can go on with it and win the big one.Cats have been Jekyll and Hyde most the season and
    they will go out in straight sets.Time to go Scotty,Motlop,Guthrie,Mackie,Lonegan,Hor-Smith.Also showed the Menzel & Selwood drop
    and recall were a flop.

• Russty_ says:

Even if Tigers make it to the GF, I reckon the Swans will smash them. It'd be a good achievement if the Tigers make it to the GF though.

• hedski says:

Cats will do the swans next week Russty…..bwa ha ha, have my doubts.
        Actually scored 395 not 385 last night, leaves me limping along on 760/8 played, haven't seen any scores for ESS/swans yet.

• Russty_ says:

Scores are on Footywire mate, I had a crap game scorewise (Swans Bombers)…312 or something shite like that…Cats could get up mate, ya never know!..I hope they do for ya :)

45. Russty_ says:

Three blowout Finals in a row, hope at least the Eagles Port game has a bit of excitement about it.

• hedski says:

Here's hoping, gotta watch it on my phone, friggin kids taken over.

• Russty_ says:

Oh bummer mate, can you connect your smartphone to your second TV somehow?..otherwise, hope you have a big phone haha

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

U could say that.
      Close enough for ya? ⌛

• neil demons delight says:

got your wish Russty what a game Though I don't care for either better team won just split decision. If you had a panel of judges it would be 6/4 IMO. both deserved winners. West Coast not without a chance.Feel bad for the Port PEOPLE its a rotten way to bow out after the siren but a great year same as Essendon great year.Next year shapes up to b e a great year with the dees and saints improving Bring it on Cheers Neil

46. hedski says:

Can't work out footy wire, went to fan footy, came up Bud = 90, Hurley = 122, Parks = 125 and Daniher = 100. Gives me 437 for that game. Not sure how accurate that is tho.

47. Joshua says:

Shuey next year to fill the eagles midfield void, good selection?

48. hedski says:

Finally a good game this weekend, might help my ds team with extra time.

49. neil demons delight says:

TOTAL FOR wek 1 neil demon delights1605 probably mid range port people stuffed me wingard and ryder

50. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

First round of the finals can be filed away under key words:
    Crows v Giants – take a bow crouch boys, dangerous fwd line , no fwd pressure, talent can only get u so far
    Cats v Tigers – Finally, pressure, wilt and did cotch actually do that?
    Swans v Bombers – Brutal finals display. JPK all the way, that was buddy with a corkie look out cats, farewell greats kelly and Jobe.
    Eagles v Port – play it again sam. Agony and ectasty. Finally a tight one. Need to take your chances. Pridda and Sam retirement plans put on hold for another week, Luke "the iceman" Shuey.

Ok so wrap for SC finals.
    The late comer in Kev stormed to the top, Rusty at the other end. Most fwds Meh scores but rucks downright abysmal. All had the devil Ryder.

I feel if you cracked 1600 great job.

Leaderboard:
    Kev 1675
    Neil 1605
    Hedski 1583
    Trigga 1578
    Jambak 1539
    Gator 1502
    Rusty 1444

Well done Kev gr8 score
    Check your scores as HS dont have the scores for the last game, pulled them off footywire but they have the game drawn?

My team for next week can be found below:

• hedski says:

I checked fanfooty Trig, shows the same scores as footywire.

• neil demons delight says:

this will take off next year cheers

• Russty_ says:

Cheers for the update Trigger…my blokes really stunk it up last week, coming in a not very respectable LAST lol.

I'll try to do better this week…those last 2 games really took the wind out of my sails.

• Russty_ says:

My team for this week..WEEK 2..
      BACKS: MCGOVERN, Z.WILLIAMS, LLOYD
      MIDS : DANGER, DUNCAN, JPK, J.KELLY, GAFF
      RUCK : Z.SMITH
      FWDS : PETRIE, GREENE, HEENEY

That's my squad of hopefully not last placed losers lol

51. gator59 says:

Great stuff Trigga.. Had a very mediocre start to the finals campaign

All mids performed…. nearly all the others were shite

bring on next week.. love this what you have done here trigga .. keeps the juices flowing,, good luck to all ,, cheers Gator

52. hedski says:

Jumping in early, subject to selections.
    Hedskis Slappers – week 2.

Def – Tuohy, Gov, Z.Williams (ha).

Mids – Danger, Parks, JPK, Ward, Whitfield

Ruck – Sinclair.

Fwd – JJK, Tomahawk, Yeo.

53. gator59 says:

Here goes with ZD's Dream Team … week 2

Backs… Gov,, Touhy,, Hurn

Mids… Danger.. Kelly.. Parker.. Duncan.. Cogs

Ruck.. Sinclair

Fwds…Heeney. Yeo.. Spitter/kicker

Please note i have one late change 2 hours out..

Have changed from Buddy to Heeney due to wet weather at the G

HOPE THIS IS ALLOWED..

54. Jambak says:

Def: McGovern, z.williams, hurn
    Mids: Kelly, Parker, JPK, danger, ward
    Ruck: smith
    Fwd: Hawkins, yeo, buddy

55. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Makes no sense to me.

We go hard at it for 23 weeks then when we get into the business end (the exciting times the finals) we stop.

This form of finals SC allows you still to watch the game but also adds that little bit of extra spice as you now have a team to follow and try to beat other JR players.

A win win for mine.

Kev gonna be hard to catch already gonna need a couple of good pods.

• gator59 says:

I see me and Rusty are holding up the rear of the leader board ,, but will try and catch up a bit this week hopefully..

P.S as Saints supporters i think we are pretty familiar at the situation that we have got.. LOL

• neil demons delight says:

pity most teams are similar takes a bit away

56. INPieman says:

Neil, Nick, Anthony & Hugh you've been paid your winnings. Well done. Sarah if your reading this you've sent me the wrong BSB number. Please reply to my email. Neil was the main beneficiary this season & multiple prize winner. Well done. Marco & Jayden I'm waiting for your responses please. Cheers for 2017. Onwards to 2018

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Missed u in the SC finals comp pie.

• INPieman says:

Having a bit of a break Trig. I'll start looking at things again post trade period. If you look at the players that were traded last year have a look at the relevance

• hedski says:

Did Neil get the high round score too Pie?

• 2018 says:

RE: INPieman is it ok if I ask you the team name of Jayden Thanks

• Swans2012 says:

Why would you like to know anonymous 2018?

• gator59 says:

Think Jayden's team was called the winning choice

• neil demons delight says:

tossing up between spitter and hawk and Kelly/Duncan WONDER IF 4 DIFFERENT CAPTAINS WOULD WORK .danger and martin would be used first by all then who for double points Gives everyone a chance to pick a pod captain week 3/4 just a thought great concept hope more enter next year

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

4 captains gonna be alot of points.
            I didnt go with a capt idea as everyone would pick danger so really no point.

My only other thought on capt is the capt cant be selected in the midfield.
            That may throw up some variety as the other 3 positions alot more inconsistent.

• neil demons delight says:

sorry trig I meant once you select danger in game 1 that's it no more next game a different one and so on Something to work on

• Swans2012 says:

That's me gator hence my comment above ;), Just didn't know whether they were trying to scam my winnings as I can't seem to get onto pieman and didn't receive any email from him!

• 2018 says:

Ok thanks Gator because my team was called JAYD3Z and was in a few jockreynolds leagues and my name is also Jayden

• Swans2012 says:

Sorry pieman must have missed something somewhere! Didn't see any posts or receive any emails! Am I emailing the same address from the start of the year? I'll try that one! Although I sent that one an email last week to see what the go was?will try again….

57. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Z. Smith (Geel)

Forwards x 3
    Heeney (Syd)
    Yeo (WC)
    Greene (GWS)

59. NEIL demons delight says:

week 2 MCGOV TOUHY WILLIAMS MIDS DANGER KELLY DUNCAN PARKER SHUEY RUCKS SINCLAIR FORWARDS HEENEY GREENE YEO trig youre one short in mids a cat

60. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well lads week 2.

Boy we have mixed things up – case of have to to catch Kev.
    2 players the same in all teams
    so 10 pods
    Will be interesting.

To mix it up I have gone with the tried and true finals midfield – hoping the boys put on a masterclass tonight.
    Pity nic nat didn't get a game would have put him in the team.

good luck all …

61. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Yeah thats the bloke

62. gator59 says:

What a feckin flog Sinclair is…. 10 FECKIN POINTS

63. Russty_ says:

Good stuff mate, they stuck it right up em!

64. neil demonsdelight says:

good on ya Hedski reckon on that can gall to he way at least beat those crow flogs

65. neil says:

go all the way typo

66. neil demons delight says:

Absolute shocker Rucks (I,m looking at you spud Sinclair) killed it but very enjoyable concept Trigg 1075 and dam lucky to get there.Cheers

67. SC_Kev7 says:

1233 for me this week. Mainly on the back of huge returns from Danger, Menegola, Ward, and Z. Smith. Yeo and Parker my only scores under 94.

Week 1 – 1675
    Week 2 – 1233
    Total – 2908

68. hedski says:

Absolute shocker for me this week, my ruck and fwds combined for a measly 171 points, total of 964.
    Week 1 – 1583
    Week 2 – 964.
    Total – 2547.
    That's a handy lead you have there Kev.
    Ah well the cats got through.

69. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Not too bad for me
    Lobb was a belta of a ruck pod
    WC defenders also did ok ball was down that end alot i guess
    1,174 week 2
    1,578 week 1
    2,752 overall

Kev heading for glory well done again Kev.
    Sinclair like swans turned into ugly duckling.

70. Russty_ says:

1160 for me this week, Petrie, Williams and Gaff really let me down, not sure where I stand on the ladder now, probably still last lol
    1444 week 1 = 2604 total so far.

• hedski says:

Ya beating me Russty, hanging them out there this week, lookin at Jenkins, Z.Guth, De Boer, Castagne, Macintosh, Bews, MacKay. All the little guns. Ha ha, go cats.

• Russty_ says:

Hey bud, regardless of our little private finals series, your lads got the job done and moving on up, hope they go all the way for ya mate.

71. Russty_ says:

Finals week 3 Team..will adjust if necessary.

Backs: Williams, Vlastuin, Houli
    Mids: Danger, M.Crouch, Martin, Duncan, Kelly
    Ruck: Z.Smith
    Fwds: Greene, Betts, Lynch

72. gator59 says:

Week 3 Same as Ruusty will adjust if not named or late outs

Backs—Laird.. Williams.. Vlaustin

Mids– Danger.. M.Crouch.. Dusty.. Kelly…Sloane

Ruck– Smith

Fwds– Spitter.. Townsend.. Lang

73. SC_Kev7 says:

Haha, would happily trade this blind luck for success in Draftstars! Couldn't even beat Barry this week…

74. hedski says:

Week 3.
    Def – Henderson, Seedyman, Rancy pants.
    Mids – Scooter, Grigg, B.Crouch, Ward, Whitfield.
    Ruck – Nank.
    Fwds – General P, Tomahawk, T.Lynch.

Let the good times roll.
    That's my last edit unless there is a late out.

75. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well rd 2 of the finals is in the books.
    This week it was a case of have but more importantly have nots.
    Sinclair 10 points wtf man. Dodged a bullet there. Unfortunately most teams weren't so lucky.
    With that in mind I give you rd 2 results:
    Kev 1230
    Trig 1174
    Rusty 1155
    Gator 1129
    Neil 1072
    Jambak 1051
    Hedski 964

So the Kev juggernaut keeps rolling on take out the best round score again
    Rusty much better effort.
    Gonna take some serious pod action to catch him – no danger this week be a huge call but may need that sort of plums to catch kool kev
    With that in mind I present the overall leaderboard after 2 rounds of the finals:
    Kev 2905
    Trig 2752
    Neil 2677
    Gator 2631
    Rusty 2599
    Jambak 2590
    Hedski 2547

We have selected 28 players from the final series from all the finalists and Kev is averaging over 100 per player.
    fantastic effort mate.

Unless someone emerges from the pack and pulls a steven bradbury Kev already has one arm in the sleeve of the gold jacket.

good luck to all this week

Gone to my happy place be back in a few ……

76. neil demons delight says:

only hope is danger and dusty to do a Sinclair flog

77. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Happy Ending week 3.

Williams, Touhy, Ellis
    Danger, dusty, Duncan, crouch, cogs
    Sauce
    Greene, lambert, greenwood.

78. neil Demons Delight says:

DEMONS DELIGHT laird vlaustin touhy MIDS prestia M Crouch Martin Kelly Cognilio RUCK z Smith FWDS Greene Lynch Hawkins

79. neil Demons Delight says:

it would be interesting to pick a captain who didn't score a century in his last game GREENE S.SELWOOD come to mind even lower. I have greene so he would be mine

80. SC_Kev7 says:

Jacobs (Ade)

Forwards x3
    Greenwood (Ade)
    Greene (GWS)
    Caddyshack (Rich)

81. Russty_ says:

Hope the Cats and the Tigers get up this week, an all Vic Team Grand Final would be great.

82. gator59 says:

Prelim week was a bit of a fizzer for my backs except Laird.. Fwds and Ruck total shite!!!

Team for Granny is

Backs…. Laird… Vlastin

Mids…. Dusty… Crouch.. Crouch.. Cothin(if he's there)… Prestia

Ruck…. Big Sauce

Fwds….Lambert… Lynch

83. hedski says:

1032 for me, Grigg, Scooter and Hawkins were the letdowns.
    Hedskis Slappers – Grand Final.
    Def – Rance, Laird.
    Mid – Sloane, Crouch × B, Dusty, Prestia, Cotch.
    Ruck – Sauce.
    Fwd – Caddy, Lynch.
    Should be a cracking game.

84. neil demon delight says:

1019 for demon delights when am I going to get the rucks right

85. SC_Kev7 says:

Bit of a stumble this week with my backs and forwards only managing 366 between them. Bacon was saved with 5/6 mids tonning up and Big Sauce Jacobs making Smith his [banned word]

1,034 all up.

86. Russty_ says:

1060 for me this week, Grand Final team is….

LAIRD, HOULI

DUSTY, SLOANE. PRESTIA, CROUCH, CROUCH

JACOBS

NANK
    CAMERON

Cheers guys, good luck

87. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

YELLOW AND WHACK!!!
    1040
    Had top and bottom scorers both games.
    Wrote a great piece on tiges, Crows and all things GF.
    But didnt show on site.
    Such is life.

88. neil demon delight says:

NEIL DEF LAIRD RANCE MIDS DUSTY SLOANE 2 CROUCHES COTCHIN RUCK JACOBS FWDS RIOLI LAMBERT GO CROWS BEST OF A BAD TWO CHEERS

89. neil demon delight says:

VFA grand final best game I have seen all year had it all AYERS still a good coach

90. Russty_ says:

Adjusted team here, cause I stuffed my first one up…thanks Neil…

LAIRD, HOULI

DUSTY, SLOANE. PRESTIA, CROUCH, CROUCH

JACOBS

NANK
    LAMBERT

91. neil demon delight says:

correct Trig many great games melb vs wc macdonalds slingshot was memorable and vfl is second rate so you.re right but it was a great game and good for Ayers OLIVER any hope

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Probably not this year but watch out in the years to come.

May well score the most votes for the demons tonight.

92. Russty_ says:

Can't help thinking Crows will smash Tigers to smithereens in the Grand Final…does anyone think anything different?…are the Tigers finally ready after 37 years to win the big one?
    Funny to see how the Herald Sun is reporting how Ben Cousins sent them a message encouraging them…what do you think of Ben Cousins sending messages of encouragement to the Tigers….from Jail, after all his criminal / drug behaviour?

Personally, I have no respect left for the guy, especially since he got pulled over by the cops and tried to swim across the Swan River (to avoid capture by the Police) whilst being extremely drunk and high on drugs….lol.
    Should the Tigers even be accepting any contact from a person like this at this time of year?
    Cousins could have been under the influence of drugs throughout his entire career for all we know, to me, that says, no respect is warranted and whatever things he achieved in his career, should be stricken from the record.

What do you guys think?

• gator59 says:

I'm with you Russty on the Tigers getting smashed by the Crows, As a Vic i hope i'm wrong

As for Cousins He has lost all credibility for what he was and for still what he is… I thought Dusty was going to go down the same path and has dodged a big bullet mainly due to his manager and what Richmond have done for him.. A great role model for the for the young ones.. It's great to see what application,dedication and belief can do

As for cock head Cousins he was a waste of a good root!!

• hedski says:

Crows by 40 points+.
      Lynch for Normie.
      Got no time for ice heads.

• neil demon delight says:

i.m with you too possibly a record over 100 a possibility. forwards too small for mine up against the top def

93. gator59 says:

Wonder how Crouching One is doing !!
    If Tiges win will we ever here from him again

94. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Happy Grand Final day everyone.
    Can u smell the excitement? Its finally here!

Well done Dusty on taking home charlie!
    History has shown that more often than not if u win the brownlow you struggle on the big stage due to expectation and all the disruptions all week.

For this reason my final team is below.

Crows:
    Laird, crouch × 2, sloane, sauce.
    Tiges:
    Rance, cotchin (sheils mate), meatball, lambert, roo (been waiting forever feel he will have a big one today)

Good luck all.
    Let's hope we get a close one and not a blow out.
    Crows by 19 my tip.
    Normie – Sloanedog.

95. hedski says:

Enjoy mate, I'll be barracking for the tigers because my oldest goes for them, but my head says crows.

96. SC_Kev7 says:

I’m incredibly biased, obviously, so Cotch for normie in a Tigers win.

Def

Ruck
    Sauce

Fwd
    Titch Edwards
    Douglas

97. Russty_ says:

Been off for a few days, too late to choose M.Crouch as my Normie I guess?…lol

98. neil demon delight says:

easy for tiges playing incredible footy

99. neil demon delight says:

congrats tigers great deserved win 1001 total4697 thanks Trigg for extending the year a little bit longer Hope to see all the magnificent 7 in it next year onward and upward cheers

• Russty_ says:

Cheers Neil, well done mate and thanks Trig for setting our finals comp up, catch up with you blokes in the new year.

1103 this week

4762 Total.

100. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Was that Kevs bare bum disappearing down punt rd?

Gr8 win Tiges. Pressure will do the trick.
    Good to see so many long suffering fanatical fans finally rewarded.

Soak it up and enjoy…..

• SC_Kev7 says:

Just made bail, Trig. The cops showed up and Crouching absolutely bolted, never seen a bloke move so quickly in my life

• Russty_ says:

Glad you survived the celebrations Kev…hope the Tiges can keep the good play up next year and be contenders again, was great to see Jack singing with the Killers onstage…classic, never seen a guy so happy having such a good time hahah

101. neil demons delight says:

don't know about giving up watts and 10 for lever .but cant condemn him on one game A brilliant junior could have gone no.1 but watts did maybe I am just a watts fan .Tiges have set the mark with their so called rejects and one theirs comes to mind listening goody MILES GET HIM AND BALIC ready made

102. Don't Blush Baby says:

An Adam Treloar Qoute when moving to another Club – I paraphrase – I chose Collingwood because their list is better – Suck shit burn man ,we're glad you didn't choose the Tigers

103. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

No worries fellas was a good final series.

Well done Kev on the tigers win and taking out the happy ending.
    As no one picked dusty for normie (puts hand up and admits made a blue there) Kev would have won by the length of the Flemington straight.

1,010 for GF. Did pick top 5 crows didnt quite get the tiges right.

4803 overall.

Been fun catch u all on the flip side ….

104. SC_Kev7 says:

1,037 for the GF. Backed in Dusty despite his record v Adelaide and it paid off handsomely.

Cheers for setting this little finals series up, Trig. If Herald Sun don't pull their finger out next year we'll run it again and I'm happy to give you a hand with leaderboards if there's enough interest.

Just bought my premiership poster. 28 days shipping! What fresh hell is that?

• neil demons delight says:

congrats on a sterling effort and of course the magnificent tiges enjoy see you 2018 great fun this finals bit

• neil demons delight says:

you probably cant read this Kev but I think the Tigers are set for a few premierships now Looking at it thru a non tigers eyes I am trying to find a weakness Do you think Jack 1 needs support or 2 needs some one to challenge his position to get more out him I am thinking Hawkins after all tigers are brilliant at getting the right rejects .Worse case tiges win the vfl with hawk Once again KEV well done on your finals win and of course the mighty Tiges

• SC_Kev7 says:

Yeah, it's exciting times Neil! Considering how we lined up this year we've got guys like Stengle and Bolton in the two's that can add to our forward line pressure if one goes down. Lloyd dominated VFL finals too.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with Hampson. He's too good to be playing regular VFL footy. Nank loves getting involved in the contest, maybe we'll try him up forward and have Hampson as starting ruck?

Unless a deal of a lifetime comes along I don't reckon we'll be huge players in trade period. We'll take our two first rounders to the draft and get in a few more kids.

• neil demons delight says:

Thanks for replying mate yeah them 3 are very good i really don't think many teams will go with two rucks anymore Grigg proved that and even the Dees with tom mac and pearson The tackling has been first rate at tigerland all year It puzzles me why tackles on Dusty don't stick its like he.s covered in oil. forgot to lock dusty in as normie but didn't matter great concept just needs to get started early enough to get us in Bit of tweaking will come see you next year hope we are in a league love to play and beat you and GO TIGES Cheers mate

• gator59 says:

Great stuff Kev/ Neil… Hang on didn't you two play for my side back in the 60s and 70s ( Alias Cowboy ) hehe

Once again congrats to you Kev and your Tiges.. Bloody brilliant to see sides like yours to prove all the critics wrong

Hope we can all be in and clash in some major leagues again next season……… Cheers to all

GO THE STORM!!!

• neil demons delight says:

god you got a good memory I remember cowboy well balldock Lawrence Mynott also. I Worked for foxy and saw them all they were good people and players. I reckon both our teams are primed for it..like to see all the magnificent seven in a league lets make it happen next year gator. cheers mate

• gator59 says:

Yes lets make a league that can go all the way to the top Neil.. cheers mate

• neil demons delight says:

great Gator hope we can remember all the magnificent seven good name too we will set a league up next year look in the forum cheers to next year My boss at Linfox was Bill Guyatt and ERIC guy remember them you were a great team then memories

• gator59 says:

Yep that will be our League name Neil (THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN)

Back in the 60s on what team to bararck for as a kid……. So many champs at the time like Skilton.. Sterwart..Whitten..Barrassi.. Baldock and so many more to pick from.. My choice ended up being St Kilda with Melbourne a very close second, … Baldock swayed me plus my first ever pair of footy boots had Baldocks signature on the side of them..I also loved Barrassi on the Saturday morning footy clinic on tv….Great to have so many happy memories…. IN my family there was 5 saints supporters and I'm the only one left all the others defected to other clubs as other clubs were winning premierships North ..Tigers and Hawks… I know i have had a lot of heart ache over the journey but love the saints as if it was yesterday and i'm sure you are just as passionate about the Dees Neil…. So we can keep on dreaming, You never know it may come true one day… The last 2 years as a perfect example…

• neil demons delight says:

I was very similar gator Grew up in Footscray so we all barracked for them until all the kids at school started to wear the premiers and 31 I quickly changed but not the family/ Those good days will return everybody liked the saints and north and most still do though Carey turned me off for a while. Jambac seems to be the only one I don't recall all the others will be good give us a thumbs up if you.re keen Jambac it would be great cheers gator

• gator59 says:

Giving you a big thumbs up Neil…It's great to hear all our hard luck stories.. I love all things with history

It would be interesting to see how many current day players would have survived back in the 60s/70s for toughness and on the grounds that they had to play on compared to the bowling greens they play on now

• neil demons delight says:

n reiwoldt wines oliver would all be some chance Been to every ground except punt rd The worst mud ground was Fitzroys original ground near Holden street but great times there watching Butch gale Tony Ongarello and the toughest of tough Kevin Murray I doubt any could play on that ground or hawthorns where the train whistle was often mistaken for the siren

• gator59 says:

Fitzroys ground must of been bad then.. Coming from the country i have been to most of the suburbian grounds .. The worst ones i reckon was the western oval, glenferie, moorabin, junction oval and lakeside oval

• neil demonsdelight says:

which part of the bush gator I came from Gippsland and our local grounds were all quagmires but produced tough nuts like Templeton though not when we got him. moorabin was a shocker though I seen Dillon kick 12 there a saint guy kicked a bag that day in the early 70s think it was Lawrence when he played forward

• gator59 says:

I grew up in a small country town in the Otways called Forrest.. I have seen some really good footballers that i have played against or very good friends with that have played here in Colac.. There was a real dedicated sports kid when he was 10 years old … I remember when I was playing cricket against a Colac side his old man was playing with and it was a one dayer my side outrighted them .. I was opening bowler for our side and took 7/10 in the first dig and 7/12 in the second .. I know it was only a one dayer but played under two day match conditions.. After the game this little 10 year old kid came up to me and asked how i could bowl like that and my reply was you can do anything if you put your mind to it.. Little did i know at that time he would go on and win 4 premierships and 2 Norm Smith medals Captain Hawthorn and that was LUKE HODGE.. I am very good Mates with his old man Bryson

• neil demonsdelight says:

WOW what a story YOU KNOW he was a very quick bolwler 145.s not long ago and could have made state cricket. One of the best juniors I have seen came from the western district but got homesick even a stint at the cats was too much city for him a goal kicking machine STEPHEN OLIVER With those numbers did you kick on . Is that BEECH FOREST A LA CLIFFY

• gator59 says:

Yes he was very quick Neil and would still terrorise batsmen today.. They would be breathing a sigh of relief that he's going to play on at Brisbane.. No not Beech Forest .. Forrest is about 10 miles from Lorne as the crow flies.. and about 25 minutes from Apollo Bay.. If you google map it you will see where it is…I used to work at Forrest,, Beech Forest and LaversHill in the bush driving machinery and would often run into Cliffy shuffling along the road

• neil demonsdelight says:

love to talk more on the off season but the site closes need to plan more about the league and our team trades old history etc feel free to email Gator [email protected] was thinking of a perpetual shield something to aim for and beat Kev got a mate who could do it free thoughts cheers STEVE

• neil demonsdelight says:

in the early 80.s my girlfriend now the wife stayed every weekend at a place called Port Fairy then went to Port Campbell and back to Melbourne thru Colac .I remember these rows of stone fences probably gone now WE carved our names in a cave near Wye river in 77 as kjds long time happy memories STEVE Mc

• gator59 says:

have sent you an email neil

• gator59 says:

Great part of the world down here and yes all those rock fences are all still there

105. SC_Kev7 says:

Baz had a shocker! Easy money from him. Won $7 in the $2 mini comp too. Propped up my overall balance, can't wait to give BBL draftstars a crack!

106. gator59 says:

Thanks Trigga for setting up this mini finals comp.

Has been fun and hope we can all do this again next year

1046 for me today so about par i guess.. 4764 overall

Congrats to Kev for a sterling performance and his mighty Tiges

bring on 2018 quickly please

107. neil demons delight says:

hope the afl get it right next year crazy for tiges to wear clash jumper and cats to play mcg Tigers better placed than dogs were to do it again Rance Dusty NANK yes nank absolute champs this yearl

108. SC_Kev7 says:

FINAL LEADERBOARD

Kev – 4979
    Trigger – 4803
    gator – 4764
    Russty – 4763
    Neil – 4697
    hedski – 4604

Russty a yuuuuuuuge 1104 this week, but gator earns a spot on the podium by a point!

• Russty_ says:

Cheers Kev, congrats on the 2 GF wins mate, yeah I was playing catch up for 3 rounds after a shocking first week, good fun though, let's do it again next season. Cheers boys!

• neil demonsdelight says:

hey Russty keep your eyes on the forum next year Gat and myself getting a league going called the magnificent seven with the 7 original members and the best from the forum good solid competition and banter The only member I don't know is jambac see you 2018

109. neil demonsdelight says:

THATS 3 of the magnificent seven gator59 Russty and myself Love to hear from Hedski Trigg Jambac and of course the he leader of the pack KEV . I feel sure we can get a great forum 18 and all will compete in TRIGGS HAPPY ENDING. watch out KEV we are coming to take your title. CHEERS STEVE MCQUEEN

110. wighty says:

Is Graham priced only on his two hh games ? Could be the greatest SC choice of all time if so.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Not sure, wighty. He averaged 81.5 over those 2 games. Puts him at around 445k. Mid only. Hard pass.

• neil demonsdelight says:

good to see you ve recovered Kev. He is a fine pick up as was miles.Whats happened to him. I know its early but hope you join Gators and my New league set up to commemorate Triggs Happy Ending which will fly out of the blocks next year. the best league I was in was Triggs and I finished middle somewhere The competition was remarkable and that's what we want in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN hope you can join keep enjoying it son cheers Neil

• SC_Kev7 says:

Not sure you’d call it “recovered” Neil! But enough cognitive function remains to operate a keyboard…

I was in that league too and I had a shocker! Managed to win my first final in the bottom 8 finals but was knocked off in week 2. Would love to join in again and get some pride back

• neil demonsdelight says:

your recruiting debt. have jobs for life nank and prestia were nothing short of great can they do it again you bet cheers mate

111. Soothsayer says:

Does anyone know what the hawks get out of the hodge trade? Wouldn’t his contract be restored if he isn’t retiring? Can players just delist themselves and and go straight to another club?

• neil demons delight says:

If he wasn't retired Brissy would not have got such a high pick for Rocky One wonders but good for the champ

112. Phil says:

Steele won the Copeland. He loves Bucks. All players that received awards love Bucks. Coaching staff, football department staff and Eddie love Bucks. UNPieman is smarter than all of them, of course and thinks Bucks should go. Unfortunately for him Bucks has been reappointed, That must smart, MWAHAHAHA,

• Russty_ says:

So what's so good about Bucks Phil?…what has he done for you lately…except drag a club that was on top of the world when he started into the crap of mediocrity, and what a stellar 2017 they had, yeah Bucks is going really well lol, the Pies would benefit from a fresh start, you need to face facts.
      Pieman is probably smarter than all of them, when something doesn't work, you have to fix it, keeping Buckley there, inspiring no one, getting no good results isn't benefiting Collingwood at all, what's the point of hanging on to a Coach who has had ample time to make a good run at a flag in his time and hasn't even come close?
      How many chances should a Coach with a failing team year after year have?

• neil demons delight says:

Have a good look at his record Keeps going lower If you cant see that you.re hopeless like him Tell you something more pies supporters take Piemans view But I. am happy another hopeless year Wake up

• INPieman says:

Sure is painful Phil. He’s working his way to the number 1 draft pick. He’s good at talking crap. But his coaching record is pathetic

• neil demons delight says:

lot of support from his new assistants all from better clubs Then again they are all better than the pies because of one man guess who. Posta coglu is available shortly would do better

• INPieman says:

I’d take Ange Neil. At least he can get close to the big dance

• gator59 says:

Your club has got it all wrong pieman .. Could be a couple of bad years coming up.. They need a big clean out like the tiges had starting right from the top with Eddie

• INPieman says:

Agree with you gator. Eddies ego is too large. Sure he makes the company plenty of money but onfield its a shambles. Give someone else a crack

• neil demons delight says:

The list is also a big problem I used to think the dees list was ok But now 22 delistings since Jacksons been there says it all We had ok players like the pies falsolo types The pies need great players not ok players. They need to chase the real champs as well as getting a new with it coach and president ..North is in that phase now and are doing it The saints started 3 years back and the results are there check out the saints spine compared to Collingwood. Maybe they should bite the bullet and trade Pendles before its too late.

113. Skinny McThin says:

If you can ignore the legality and morals of the issue it's a great photo of an attractive pair of titties celebrating a GF win

• INPieman says:

Agreed. And apparently she has a very kind chin. The kind of chin you’d like to rest your balls on

• Skinny McThin says:

With the amount of money that footy gives to Breast disease research surely it's fair for breasts to show their support for footy?
        It's time that society and the AFL in particular stopped oppressing breasts and allowed them to attend the footy as God intended, unhindered by the chains of clothing.
        I vote for a new theme round "Tits Out Tuesday". Have it early in the season to encourage participation

114. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

South Australia the place to be.

Everyone moving there via trades.

Must be something in the water or is it the wine?

Ramping up now, trades coming thick and fast. Frantic final hr coming [email protected]

• neil demons delight says:

Buckley is killing it already.Beat everyone to Sam Murray pick 66 in the rookie draft 2015 .What a catch Bucks but you missed on Zac Dawson 1 mill for 5 yrs not quite enough.. The count down begins Bucks first coach to go 2018 good riddance

• Skinny McThin says:

It's not the water Mr Happy. Have you ever tasted it? It's a cross between salty foul tasting swill and crap, thanks Qld you rugby lovers

115. Skinny McThin says:

GMHBA Stadium?
    Is that an acronym for Great Men Heroes Brothers Athletes or is it a sell out to one of those fantastic health insurance companies that charge so little and cover you for 100% of everything, but only if you make the claim in person whilst riding your rainbow coloured unicorn. :)

116. gator59 says:

I was just talikng to Luke Hodges old man Bryson and he tells me that he is on $700k for the next 2 years at Brisbane and is only playing 15 to 17 games per year and he gets to pick which sides he wants to play against.. He doesn't have to travel to Tassie or WA if he doesn't want to… In the premiership years at Hawks Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis was only on $250k to keep Lake ,Birchall and Frawley .. A little step up in money you would say

• Russty_ says:

Nice work if you can get it I guess, he may as well go on for a few years if the body holds up, could be fun for him too.
      It'll be weird to see him in those colours though, nice cash grab at the end of his career too :)

• gator59 says:

Yeah Russty it will be strange to see him in those colors.. But he will be marshaling the troops up there and will do it well and all we can hope is that they learn how to play the defence as he does … If that fails at least he has a good cash cow for 2 years

• neil demons delight says:

Lewis is on 500 plus so I guess its only fair for those players. Hawks and Cats have a history of keeping good sides together. Pity my side doesn't do it but its hard when Lubumba Trenners and wattsy are on overs in the magoos Good luck to Hodgey he deserves it and I think he will go well . Wonder how Bob Murphy could have gone up there

• gator59 says:

Yeah Neil i wonder what Bob could of bought to the table up there… Your side has done the best thing and got rid of those players that were getting paid way overs.. I think your in for a few good years mate .. Go the Dees

• neil demons delight says:

the difference between Bob and Hodgey is hodgey is still playing at the top.I really believe a club like Adelaide or even our clubs could have benefitted from him even better than Mitchell Don't give up on our plans for 2018 I am just thinking no one has given thought to the league aspect and we all take an interest in how our particular league goes but we don't have a table or league for leagues Early days and I cant quite work it out maybe yourself or Rusty can A premiership with finals involving 18 leagues means all members of each league have an interest maybe I am offside don't know cheers fellas

• gator59 says:

Yes something to ponder over neil.. I'm not 100% sure on how to go about things either … We may have to seek help with Pieman ,, Russty or Trigga,, I do agree with you we need a finals series though

• neil demons delight says:

hi Gat probably best to test our thoughts thru here as one of our members will add to it. Dereks idea with the J R Community Group where all were invited and we could test ourselves against fellow forum coaches as well as the overall picture appeals to me. I can recall Addicts Tophawk and Moustaccio doing well in Dereks group .and maybe Derek could have had a finals ingredient as we all have our favourite coach for whatever reason maybe their guidance thru here or they too are Demon supporters MYSELF I think Dereks contribution as with Pieman and Trigg would see me cheering them on.Whatever it adds to the season as does TRIGGS happy ending which will grow legs I am in favour of inviting all leagues to join a LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS – F A CUP OR whatever with the top eight leagues playing off. I would imagine a lot more effort would go into the recruitment of coaches to fill spots . This in turn creates better fun and competition. I can recall TOPHAWK having a soda in the last round in a league to make the 8 I FEEL SURE HE would rather have beaten Rusty or Trigg I would.Lets have some views

117. CheekyNandos says:

Pretty sure I'll be starting Fyfe next year if he can cary his IRS form into the preseason comp

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Nandos, he is a gun for sure, but took his sweet ass time to get the big scores going last season, and I started with him from the get go. That being said though, he could have a huge year in 2018 if he starts fit and raring to go.

118. Russty_ says:

Hey punters, hope you're all enjoying the off season, got a query for yas, I was thinking about ditching Foxtel…aka ad filled ripoff repeats galore, for Netflix next year and getting the Foxtel Go app or AFL Live app whatever it is, for $16 per month to allow me to stream games to my home P.C.
    Is anyone already doing this?…they say it's only good for a 7 inch screen…I was wondering if I stream it to my Laptop, can I HDMI cable it to my 55 inch TV and get a full screen…or at least half a full screen?…and can you watch any game you want during the course of the weekend?

Cheers guys, thanks for any future advice.

• gator59 says:

Hi Russty.. I have a 5 meter HDMI cable running from my Laptop to the tv playing movies off Netflix or any other thing you want to download … Works just fine for me.. Not entirely sure if it works for the Foxtel Go App or AFL Live app… I hope this helps you in some way Russty.. Cheers mate

• Skinny McThin says:

I've tried casting AFL live to my 65" Hisense dumbTV but the image is unwatchable, Instead I bought an A4 sized magnifying sheet at the $2 shop and hold it over my 7" phone. The image is still poor and Telstra network outside the capitals can't really cope. Even worse I'm only 100kms from a city of 100,000+ and foxtel couldn't do an install within 6-months! They usually have a real good deal just before preseason starts too

• Skinny McThin says:

Also, couldn't get afl live to work on laptop or pc

• Russty_ says:

Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback, bummer there doesn't seem to be a solution to be able to watch the AFL app in more than a lousy 7 inch screen, might make me have to re-think the whole ditching Foxtel thing…seems ridiculous really as you can pay $18 a month for Netflix and Hdmi it straight to your bigass TV from your smaller device.
      Cheers again for the feedback.

119. gator59 says:

Well there goes LOCK THE DOCH for next season… The carnage has started already

• neil demons delight says:

try Lever instead though not sure if he,s s.c relevant all adds up to a great year coming up for Simmo

• gator59 says:

Yep simmo might be the go neil.. What will his starting price be.. Just not so sure about him, might be a bit long in the tooth and do a Gibson like this year!!

120. neil demons delight says:

Seen 5 players in IRS that need close very close scrutiny FYFE HIGGINS WINGARD SLOAN and ZORKO All have let me down at some time but all will be hard to ignore

• gator59 says:

Fyfe is a walk up start for me next year.. Out of the others I might consider Zorko

• neil demons delight says:

Gat they would be mine as well Higgins Wingard and Sloan too unreliable and sloan gets tagged out too easily

• gator59 says:

Sloane would be great if he could shake the tag.. Maybe with Gibbs there now it may happen plus the Crouch boys.. Higgins and Wingard are total shite..

• neil demons delight says:

IS Billings worth considering top player steven as well and armitage rounds off my saints just 3

• gator59 says:

As a saints man i'm not totally convinced about Billings.. Steven was battling injury this year but his disposal is crap.. But when he gets on a roll he can really stack the points up but to up and down for my liking.. Armo may be worth looking at as a roughie but is a lot like steven and coming off a injury riddled year only time will tell with him

• neil demons delight says:

Well Gat thanks for the insight only one left is Steele much like the dees Gat only Oliver and Gawn and no roos they are rubbish MAKES IT REAL EASY DOESNT IT cheers neil cant wait

• gator59 says:

yeah Neil a few teams I wont be putting my side in with.. Roos ,, Saints,, Gold Coast and maybe even Carlton now that the Doch has gone down.. The only way that I see all these side being relevant is maybe with rookies only..

The Dees will have very prominent SC relevance next season.. so good luck with them Neil

121. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Is it cold in here or did I just feel a draft?

1.Brisbane Lions
    Cameron Rayner – Explosive beast with a great don’t argue. Wow factor. Be hard to overlook
    Brayshaw also in the mix – well the top 5 all in the mix but think they will go Cam.

2.Fremantle
    LDU – Freo will take the complete package with the sound knowledge that they will have either Cerra or Brayshaw in 3 picks time. Big win for the purple haze.

3.Carlton
    Paddy Dow. Need speed and power in the midfield. Dow delivers in spades. If lions go with another choice at 1 Carlton will take whichever one is left out of the big 3.

4.North Melbourne
    Andrew Brayshaw – has family links to club. Need a gun mid to help out the workers. May be a toss of a coin between Brayshaw and Cerra.

5.Fremantle
    Adam Cerra. Thanks very much. Now set up for future. Midfield just got a turbo boost.

6.Collingwood

Patrick Naish

17.Western Bulldogs
    Lochie O’Brien

18.Brisbane
    Sam Hayes

19.Gold Coast
    Oscar Allen – insurance incase Lynch pulls the pin.

20.Richmond
    Jarrod Brander (can’t believe he has fallen this far)