SuperCoach RD23: The Heroes, The Villains, The Damned.

Heroes-Villians-Damned

Rejoice, Community.

One of the most difficult SuperCoach seasons in recent memory is over.

Congratulations to those who made it to the top of the mountain and either triumphed in their leagues or succeeded in their quest for rankings supremacy.

A stunning performance from Buddy Franklin ensured things went out with a bang on the weekend.

Plus there was a certain Crow who all but cemented his position as a must-have player in 2018.

The Heroes

When he’s on, he’s unstoppable. Lance Franklin (171 SC) produced a performance for the ages on Saturday night, taking a much-improved Liam Jones to the absolute cleaners. Bud booted 10 goals to storm to a Coleman Medal win, also delivering 10 marks and 11 contested possessions in a commanding display.

Put this in the book now, Matt Crouch (150 SC) is a must-have for 2018. His 45-disposal outing on Sunday was the latest in a long line of performances in the back end of 2017 that helped push his season average up to an imposing 110. He will only improve that figure next season. Jump on.

Fellow Crows midfielders Rory Sloane (149 SC) and Brad Crouch (133 SC) also benefited from the dominance of Sam Jacobs at stoppages in their match against West Coast on Sunday. Sloane racked up 38 disposals, 23 contested possessions, 14 clearances and 9 tackles while Brad had 42 disposals, 29 handballs, 15 contested possessions and 10 clearances.

A brilliant display from emerging Bomber Zach Merrett (144 SC) helped him produce a big performance to finish off the season with an average of 109 per match. He had 4 goals and 31 touches in Essendon’s victory over Freo. Hawks ball magnet Tom Mitchell (120 SC) capped off a magnificent season with another workman-like game. His season average of 118.9 ranks only third behind Patrick Dangerfield and Dustin Martin.

Sam Menegola (131 SC) has benefited from extra opportunities in Geelong’s midfield following the absence of Joel Selwood. He finished with 3 goals, 34 disposals and 15 contested possessions to help the Cats dismantle GWS. Menegola will be a tantalizing prospect if given forward status next season.

Other significant scores:  Matthew Boyd (133 SC), Jarryd Roughead (132 SC), Brendon Goddard (129 SC), Sam Gray (127 SC), James Sicily (124 SC), Callum Ward (123 SC), Shaun Grigg (123 SC), Ben McEvoy (122 SC), Brad Ebert (121 SC), Dyson Heppell (121 SC).

The Villains

Nick Riewoldt (75 SC) and Luke Hodge (47 SC) were probably more focused on their farewell games rather than giving their owners adequate scores, while Tom Rockliff (77 SC) and Dayne Beams (76 SC) were most likely concentrating on making sure the Lions gained the number one draft pick for next season.

Popular defensive options Michael Hibberd (79 SC), Sam Docherty (66 SC) and Alex Rance (66 SC) let their owners down with below-par returns while forward trio Luke Dahlhaus (66 SC), Robbie Gray (66 SC) and Isaac Heeney (64 SC) all had games they would rather forget.

The Prodigies

In a year where good cash cows have been extremely hard to find, Alex Witherden (99 SC) just pips Hugh Greenwood for rookie of the year. Witherden finished the season averaging 87 and his DEF-MID eligibility provided extra flexibility for his owners.

The Redeemers

It’s been an up and down year for Kade Simpson (118 SC), but he finished it off nicely with a 29-touch match on Saturday. Despite his average dropping by more than 10 compared to 2016, Simpson registered his ninth year in a row averaging 93 or more.

After starting the season in irresistible form, Toby Nankervis’ (119 SC) second half of 2017 was fairly ordinary. So it was pleasing for his owners that he finished off the minor round with a bang. With Ivan Soldo out of the side, the Nank was back to full time ruck duties and benefited significantly, finishing with 31 hit outs.

The Damned

Heath Shaw (42 SC) has taken out the title for the biggest let down of 2017, narrowly edging out Tom Rockliff. For many, including myself, he has gone straight on the never again list. It’s been a dramatic fall from grace for Heater, with his average dropping by a staggering 23 points per game compared to 2016. In fact, Shaw’s paltry 2017 average of 83.3 is the first time in 12 seasons his average has dropped below 90. You have to go way back to 2005, Shaw’s first season, for a worse yearly return. He’s clearly enjoying the twilight of his career and simply can’t be considered for next season.

Twitter: @CarlPfeiffer9

Tags: ,

1. im outta trades! says:

Bring on next season! get your cheat sheets ready as season is fresh in mind.

2. INPieman says:

Great work through the season Carlos

3. JohndJames says:

Great write up but most of your scores for the players are wrong.From my team,in the order you have named them, the right scores are Buddy 183, M.Crouch 146, Mitchell 111, Beams 78, Hibberd 67, Heeney 76, Witherden 104, Nank 90.Apart from that I have found this site to be really helpful,being my first year on it,I'm sure it played no small part in me going from 24552 ranking last year to 1501 this year and from winning one GF last year to four this year.Have really enjoyed my time chatting to the other players on this site and will be back next year.My leagues also did well,if anyone is interested for next year,'Rogue Traders' ranked 382,'Holy Grail' ranked1553,'TheSonsOfAnarchy' ranked 2142,'Won't Back Down' ranked 3506 and 'Jolly Roger' ranked 7622.

• neil demons delight says:

great personal year J J But don't know about your leagues doing well though heaps of fun TRIGGS pauls cashy AGRADERS UPthere Cazaly were from 5o to 300 that's what I call good next year these leagues will only be better but as I said loads of fun and commeraderie cheers

• Russty_ says:

Hey John congrats on your breakout year mate, and I'll be trying to sneak into a few of your leagues next season if they're still there, cheers mate, hopefully it's ok if I can bring a friend too.

Make em private only mate so no plebs or "celebrities" get in there :)

• JohndJames says:

Thank's Russty,I was only hoping to make it into the top 10,000,so went way over my expectations,now I'll have to back it up next year and not crash and burn like the bulldogs did.I'd be happy for you to join a few of my Leagues next year,that's why I put them out there in case anyone was interested.I turned them private just before the start of the season,since I had a few trouble makers and it was the only way to get them out,I gave the ones from 'Jolly Roger' the black spot.Hopefully we won't see the same amount of injuries to our players that we experienced this year next season since it really played havoc with our teams.

4. SC_Kev7 says:

Appreciate the effort you've put again this year, Carlos. Few DT scores crept in this week.

With another year in the can I'm Interested to hear the communities top 3 absolute nonnegotiable 100% locks for next year

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ive got the DDT's

Danger.
      Docherty
      Titch.

Big $ but hey you get what u pay for.
      Will have for look for value elsewhere.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Like it, Trig. Huge outlay. Reckon starting with Danger + Titch will cause a few debates. Plenty of mids coming off strong years you could use to save a few bucks

• Tyruddanaut says:

Danger of course
      Jelwood will be dirt cheap
      Curnow, if Kelly joins, will see more of the ball and ended the season with 95 average and 75 for season avg

• SC_Kev7 says:

Interesting call on Curnow. A few more popular mid/fwds will probably be culled for next year. Will need to lean on KPF's again

• JohndJames says:

Doc,Danger,Ryder.

• neil demons delight says:

DANGER TICH DOC/HIBBERD

• SC_Kev7 says:

Danger, Titch, Doch – looking at approx $2m outlay on 3 players there, NDD.

• neil demons delight says:

correct  but which   one to delete  Doc wont go down not now he is a mid  looks like danger

• SC_Kev7 says:

It'll be a tough call. Hard to say at the moment with only a tiny piece of puzzle, but Doch for mine is clear number 1 in defence (Hurley lovers don't @ me)

I'm loyal to Danger over Titch

• Russty_ says:

Hey Kev, might not start with Danger next year, will start with..Doch, Hurley, Macrae, M.Crouch. Sorry not top 3 but I reckon I'll bet on those blokes.

5. BrownlowBoy says:

Thanks for the season Carlos and co, it's very much appreciated.

6. Big G says:

Thank you Buddy Franklin for winning me my league.

7. Iconic says:

Anyone know if there is a SuperCoach Finals up and running yet this year?

8. Wighty says:

When are sc 2018 prices out…..I'm having withdrawal symptoms already !!!

9. TheGreatBozza says:

Brought in both Buddy and Zerrett for the final who went BANG! Giving Matty Crouch my norm smith however since he was a unique.

Shaw and Scharenberg tried their best to lose my the GF. So long Heath Shaw, it's been a fun ride

10. tkringle says:

Scores in the article seem way off? e.g Hibberd 69 not 79, buddy 183 not 171?

11. Rivo says:

Carl, thank you for being a great contributor to the Jock Reynolds SC Community. The weekly articles have been a great read and solace for most of us in a difficult season.

Like many coaches, I've made some awful decisions and some good ones.

Dammed from my rat ridded team: Shaw, T.Lynch (GC), Dahlhaus, Hanners.

Next season inclusions: Adams, Oliver, Gray, Cripps, Nic Nat, Burton.

My best starting selection was Matt Crouch. And all on the back of Jocks pre season magazine. Inspired call Jock.

• Smote says:

Plenty of good considerations for midfield spots next year.

Like these ins except …..Gray ?
      As in Robbie….?
      Downhill skier for mind ….has been superseded by Wingard going to the middle.

I'd add Coniglio or Whitfield if Josh Kelly moves on.

And Jack Steven….if he overcomes his groin probs.

• Russty_ says:

Don't really like Gray or Steven for next season, unless they show some serious consistency early on, and that means several tonnes in a row…otherwise, they can go get fk'd lol

12. Defying_Madness says:

Rocky will be undergoing surgery on his shoulder along with Beams. Apparently they were both playing injured majority of the year. Does this change anyone's decision on whether to start Rocky next year?

13. The Ranger says:

Thanks for your great work Carlos, much appreciated.

14. Richard says:

Never trust a breakout player like Matt Crouch after 1 year of premo scoring.They will come back and bite you on the arse.Always a watch see possible upgrade target

• Russty_ says:

You could say the same about Oliver…turned out to pretty trustworthy.

• Richard says:

Yes you could so would you start him in your side next year?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Richard, yep I will be cause I'm going to have a predominantly youth policy next time around, I'll probably start both as of now but as you know a lot can change between now and then so it's hard to say really until we see who's available and for what price, cheers mate.

15. Richard says:

When ever the time prevails could someone write an article about North Melbourne's inability to be super coach relevant.Over the years the only notable premo players they have had is A.Swallow T.Goldstein S.Higgins.Every week you look at the North players scores you would be lucky to find 3 over the ton.Why does this phenomena occur year in year out ?

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

True
      Except goldy can't think of any other north player besides rookies who has been a regular.

• neil demons delight says:

I had hibberd all year brilliant also pickett and his 91 looped got me to the finals never thought I would say it but both served their purpose but did I miss out on cash generation

• neil demons delight says:

Hawks are the same except tich maybe roughy

• frogger says:

Luke McDonald might be an option next year, solid back half of the year in particular. Not uberpremo, but potentially solid for the price?

• Richard says:

He will be looked at for sure by the majority as his season was consistent and no absolute shocker scores.

• Keenbutclueless says:

As a left field option I will be looking at Dumont next year. Preuss will be on every radar if Goldy leaves. Jacobs if cheap might be a M7/8 option, and Ahern as a rookie

16. Richard says:

Many thanks to all concerned contributing to this website and may you all have a fantastic off season

17. neil demons delight says:

Great read all year Carlos Looked forward to your report each week wish I could be as comprehensive well done son till next year cheers

18. neil demons delight says:

Waiting on OLDOCKERS review anyone know

19. neil demons delight says:

Is it true about Hirdie going to Collingwood could take over when they sack bucks make a few on this site cringe

• CheekyNandos says:

Apparently Hirdy will be an assistant to Bucks and as a pie supporter I dont understand why everyone keeps giving Hirdy crap for a mistake he made 5 years ago. Scott Burns has left for Hawthorn and Hirdy will be able to do his job so I say why not give him a chance.

That being said I think James bleeds Red and Black and I believe he won't come over to the pies .

20. frogger says:

Thanks very much to Carlos for the great work all year and it sounds like we have some Old Ocker to look forward to as well. Top stuff!

21. Steeeve says:

Anyone copy and paste that HS article about the winner and his strategy? Will be forever grateful…

• SC_Kev7 says:

STUART Bailey can thank the reverse trades button for claiming the $50,000 overall prize in Australia’s biggest fantasy competition.

But his first thanks have to go for his workmates at a Mulgrave printing business, who talked him into signing up in March.

“I wasn’t going to play this year and the guys at work talked me into it for their league,” Bailey said.

“I picked my team probably quicker than I ever have before and I didn’t pay much attention until I hit the No. 1 ranking. I usually just play for my league, I didn’t think I’d ever get that close.”

Bailey, who finished about 20,000th overall last year, made a lot of the same mistakes that thousands of other players fell into.

He started with Aaron Sandilands and Jarrod Witts in the ruck, which proved a key to success in 2017, but his Round 1 team also featured Jaeger O’Meara, David Swallow and Jarryd Roughead.

Stuart Bailey claimed the $50,000 major prize.
      Crucially, he didn’t hesitate to get rid of them when it became clear they were likely busts.

O’Meara and Roughead were gone after three rounds, replaced by Marc Murphy and Will Hoskin-Elliott.

Swapping Swallow to Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca to Elliott Yeo also proved inspired moves.

But the crucial moment came after Bailey’s team, the Big Kabosh, jumped to No. 1 overall about Round 8.

He had previously paid no attention to the bye rounds but realised he would have only 13 players available in Round 10.

“I had two rounds to start getting players in to get me through the byes and everything snowballed from there.”

Possibly his best — and luckiest — move was to bring in Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer when Sandilands missed his first game through injury in Round 10.

“I was mucking around with trades before I left for a trip to Tasmania that weekend and I actually forgot there was a Thursday night game that week. I went to reverse it but it was already locked in.”

Kreuzer had averaged 98 points to that point and was available for $487,800, just $23,000 more than Sandilands.

He scored 146 points that week and was one of the form players of the second half of the season, finishing with a 110 average.

The planets aligned again when Patrick Dangerfield was suspended for a week in Round 20.

Bailey wanted to upgrade a bench player to Joel Selwood as cover, but fell $4000 short. So he settled for Dayne Beams.

The Brisbane fan then watched Beams fly home with two scores above 130 in his final four games. He also traded Witts to Max Gawn the week the Melbourne big man scored 160.

“That was another lucky move,” he said.

“I was just a bit blessed, I think. I don’t know how it happened.”

Bailey plans to use the $50,000 prize to upgrade his 1994 Toyota Camry and to travel around Europe. But not everything went to script.

“I lost the work league. My highest score of the year was 2580 and someone came out of nowhere and scored 2582 to knock me out in the prelim. The guys at work enjoyed that a lot.”

• Steeeve says:

You are a gentleman and a scholar Kev!
        Goes to show it's all about making the right moves at the right time, and I'd say thats equal parts brain amd luck.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ahh u lucky plick.

What is this guy irish?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Haha, I feel ya Trig. Feels like for all his dumb luck/good fortune trades, I could name half a dozen "upgrades" that bombed spectacularly.

• neil demons delight says:

this is great reading Kev A lot of luck involved and good moves like getting rid of dead wood early like to know his trade record

• Russty_ says:

Hey Neil, yeah a lot of luck for sure in the replacements he chose, and also he didn't dawdle when it came to punting injured or out of form guys dropping low scores.
          I'd like to see his trade history too, to see when and if he ran out of trades, and if he actually made any bad trades during the year lol

22. Cr0magn0n says:

Hey community, I've started an NFL fantasy league (free – nil cash buy in) and have 4 spots left. Live draft is scheduled for 3:00 pm this Sunday (03/09/2017). Anyone keen? No experience necessary, it's nowhere near as complicated as SC, all I ask is committment for the duration of the season (which just happens to fit beautifully into the void left by the SC season). Any questions feel free to ask. Invite is via email so leave your email address in the comments so I can send invites.

23. matt says:

Hello?? Anybody???? It's normally team selection and hurling abuse at the ins and outs this time of the week… I don't know what to do with myself.

24. Will says:

Who's starting Fyfe next year?

25. Russty_ says:

Tigers fans must be pretty stoked Dusty's decided to remain a one club player and not chase the bigger bucks, gotta respect that.
    Hope the long suffering Tigers fans have some joy this finals series, it'd be about time, from a longer suffering Saints fan lol.

26. Russty_ says:

It'd be nice if there was a Supercoach Finals series so our withdrawal symptoms wouldn't have to last so long…we get to pick a team of only finals players, and get enough trades to get rid of players in the teams that get knocked out, why not?…it'd be fun.
    AFL Fantasy does it in their Matchday Game, you get to pick a team of 8, trying to get the best scores out of them, not a big fan of the AFL Fantasy Classic game, but the draft and Matchday games are fun and don't take much time to participate in.

Someone should petition Herald Sun for a finals series, it'd be a good way to keep our competitive juices flowing.

• SC_Kev7 says:

They had a finals format for a few years, Russty. Dunno why it stopped, but I remember it being not all that popular. Draftstars will have matchups for each game. I noticed too that there is a BBL icon if you tap on the filter tab, some BBL Draftstars will be awesome!

• Goanna says:

You are way over the top about SC. Get a life.

• Russty_ says:

Thanks for your input mate, it's always nice to receive positive feedback.
        What do you suggest I do from here going forward?..seeing as how I don't have a life and all… as I really value your opinion…guy I've never heard of.

27. Joshua says:

Anyone looking at Boekhorst for next year? Ended pretty well.

• Joshua says:

And silvagni if he stays on park and price is good

• Russty_ says:

Hey Josh, I'm gonna just start with a clean slate next season, especially after this one…I reckon Boekhorst is quite awkwardly priced and not a very reliable scorer and Silvagni hasn't proved much worth picking him yet.
      I know I won't be starting with Bont next year, he tends to fade later in the season, maybe won't start Danger also, and Dusty always has a crap patch, where he drops below 500k, every year.

Guns n rookies could be the go again next year, with a few strategically picked midpricers in the mix.

Cheers mate.

Tis a shame everyone abandons the site come finals time, we should all keep talking about Footy until the Footy's over. :)

28. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Ok lads here it is – my version of Supercoach finals!

How many of us want a Happy Ending?
    C’mon mind out of the gutter as this is the JR crew this can only mean one thing:
    Supercoach Finals!

Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending. Imagine being the best performer in the finals series, you would have the all sorts of bragging rights over Jocks flock and this would surely stir the tank to get you up and about and to look towards the preseason and 2018 AFL season.

How many of us were at a loss on the weekend? Maybe you hired a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn, maybe you ended up in hospital from the mild heart attack you had when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. Get well by the way. Whatever you did I bet there was something missing? Well as the herald sun won’t come to the party then I’m going to create my own version of Supercoach Finals.

Changes:
    Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
    •No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
    •No captain or Vice-Captain
    •No Bench
    Sounds easy right? Well here are the rules.

Rules:
    1.Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)
    2.Players must be named in the supercoach positon that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Dangerfield can’t be a forward)
    3.All teams must be listed on JR site before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 4).
    4.If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e. Selwood) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. Again this change must be posted on the JR website.
    5.Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the heraldsun supercoach point scoring system.
    6.The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
    7.The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
    8.As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:

Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
    •16 Players consisting of:
    o4 Back
    o6 Midfield
    o2 Rucks
    o4 Forwards

Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
    •12 Players consisting of:
    o3 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o3 Forwards

Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
    •12 Players consisting of:
    o3 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o3 Forwards

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
    •10 Players consisting of:
    o2 Back
    o5 Midfield
    o1 Ruck
    o2 Forward

Depends how much interest we get on whether I put together a table of everyone’s team and results.
    This may be too much work so may rely on the honesty system where you add up and keep track of your own score. Afterall if you cheat you are only cheating yourself and anyone at anytime can check to see your team total as you have posted your team on the website so big brother is always watching.

So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over the rest of us.
    Also don’t forget that Draftstars runs each week during the AFL final series. So why not have a go? Some big cash prizes to be won and who knows you may even be able to pay off that credit card.
    Good luck! Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……

29. hedski says:

Stuff it I've already slapped a side together Trig.

Hedskis Slappers.

Def – Hurley, Houli, Gov, Wilson

Mid – Danger, Parker, M.Crouch
    J.Kelly, Menegola, Dusty

Ruck – Sauce, Ryder

Fwd – JJK, Buddy, Dixon, Daniher

That'll do, I think I have two from each team.
    Bring it on. (Full KPP fwd line ha ha.)
    Note- I have swapped Z.Williams for Wilson 2 hours before kick off, rest remains the same.

30. gator59 says:

Here goes with my team Trigga

Zac Dawson's Dream Team

Def– Laird, Hurley,, Houli,, Pittard

Mid– M.Crouch,, Z. Merrett,, Danger,, Dusty,, J. Kelly(GWS),, Parker

Rucks–Ryder,, Z. Smith

Fwds– Spitter/Kicker Greene,, Buddy,, Yeo,, JJK

Hope this cuts the cake Trigga..

31. Russty_ says:

Nice idea Trigga… I'll be in it :)

32. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Good stuff lads.

Team: Trigs Happy Ending.
    Def: Laird, Hurley, Houli, McGov
    Mid: Danger, Dusty, Kelly, M Crouch, Duncan, Zerrett
    Ruck: Ryder, Mumford
    Fwd: Yeo, Buddy, Heeney, Wingard.

Good thing is as we need players from every game wont know who takes the crown week 1 until Sunday.

Game on.

33. neil demons delight says:

GREAT NAME TEAM hurley McVeigh McGovern houli MIDS M CROUCH danger dusty merrett Kelly Duncan RUCKS ryder Jacobs FWDS Gray Yeo Buddy Greene Neil DEMONS DELIGHT

34. Jambak says:

I give up ! Tuohy for laird !

35. SC_Kev7 says:

Jock must be enjoying his offseason too much, didn't hear back. I've jumped in the $2 mini tonight and the free beat baz contest

36. Russty_ says:

Giants are shite…wouldn't be surprised if they go out in straight sets.

37. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Lads.
    Match 1 is done and dusted and so is GWS if they dish that up next week. Ever heard of fwd pressure? Crows bloody magnificio with the crouch boys leading the way, eddie the wizard up to his tricks and sloanedog to return look out.

We have the magnificent 7 of valid SC finalists.
    Quick update:
    Every team has 6 of the same players so 10 pods so plenty of variety.
    The late comer in Kev is the early clubhouse leader with the formidable midfield combination Crouch, Kelly and his big pod in Cogs. 442.
    Most of us had laird or Sauce who failed to fire last night.

38. neil demons delight says:

Not convinced about the crows Trigg.. cats and swans have equal if not better mids and Swans have the def. Written off Port Essendon Richmond gws and wce not good enough for mine 396 par I think sauce a let down

39. hedski says:

365 for me, my last minute decision to change Williams to Wilson cost me 43 points….d'oh.

40. hedski says:

Should be a cracker Russty, how'd ya score last night?

41. Russty_ says:

Nice work mate…could you post a mid finals update ladder to see where we sit?

42. Russty_ says:

Appreciate all your efforts for doing this , it's awesome and great fun, cheers bud.

• neil demons delight says:

yeah rusty maybe start earlier next year but to whip it up at short notice incredible effort Format is perfect Just needs more coaches but happy to play against these guys

43. neil demons delight says:

tackles just didn't stick motlop was poor particularly his disposal but a loss could work in geelongs favour without the big break and they are still a very good team Hawk battled hard and s selwood probably need menzel now

44. Richard says:

Same old same old from Geelong.A good home and away side but no good when the heat goes on them in the finals.Another sharlacking like last year against swans.Even if you think they were in it at some stage The tigers were just having a breather
    before the final onslaught.I hope the tigers can go on with it and win the big one.Cats have been Jekyll and Hyde most the season and
    they will go out in straight sets.Time to go Scotty,Motlop,Guthrie,Mackie,Lonegan,Hor-Smith.Also showed the Menzel & Selwood drop
    and recall were a flop.

• Russty_ says:

Even if Tigers make it to the GF, I reckon the Swans will smash them. It'd be a good achievement if the Tigers make it to the GF though.

• hedski says:

Cats will do the swans next week Russty…..bwa ha ha, have my doubts.
        Actually scored 395 not 385 last night, leaves me limping along on 760/8 played, haven't seen any scores for ESS/swans yet.

• Russty_ says:

Scores are on Footywire mate, I had a crap game scorewise (Swans Bombers)…312 or something shite like that…Cats could get up mate, ya never know!..I hope they do for ya :)

45. Russty_ says:

Three blowout Finals in a row, hope at least the Eagles Port game has a bit of excitement about it.

• hedski says:

Here's hoping, gotta watch it on my phone, friggin kids taken over.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

U could say that.
      Close enough for ya? ⌛

• neil demons delight says:

got your wish Russty what a game Though I don't care for either better team won just split decision. If you had a panel of judges it would be 6/4 IMO. both deserved winners. West Coast not without a chance.Feel bad for the Port PEOPLE its a rotten way to bow out after the siren but a great year same as Essendon great year.Next year shapes up to b e a great year with the dees and saints improving Bring it on Cheers Neil

46. hedski says:

Can't work out footy wire, went to fan footy, came up Bud = 90, Hurley = 122, Parks = 125 and Daniher = 100. Gives me 437 for that game. Not sure how accurate that is tho.

47. Joshua says:

Shuey next year to fill the eagles midfield void, good selection?

48. hedski says:

Finally a good game this weekend, might help my ds team with extra time.

49. neil demons delight says:

TOTAL FOR wek 1 neil demon delights1605 probably mid range port people stuffed me wingard and ryder

50. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

First round of the finals can be filed away under key words:
    Crows v Giants – take a bow crouch boys, dangerous fwd line , no fwd pressure, talent can only get u so far
    Cats v Tigers – Finally, pressure, wilt and did cotch actually do that?
    Swans v Bombers – Brutal finals display. JPK all the way, that was buddy with a corkie look out cats, farewell greats kelly and Jobe.
    Eagles v Port – play it again sam. Agony and ectasty. Finally a tight one. Need to take your chances. Pridda and Sam retirement plans put on hold for another week, Luke "the iceman" Shuey.

Ok so wrap for SC finals.
    The late comer in Kev stormed to the top, Rusty at the other end. Most fwds Meh scores but rucks downright abysmal. All had the devil Ryder.

I feel if you cracked 1600 great job.

Leaderboard:
    Kev 1675
    Neil 1605
    Hedski 1583
    Trigga 1578
    Jambak 1539
    Gator 1502
    Rusty 1444

Well done Kev gr8 score
    Check your scores as HS dont have the scores for the last game, pulled them off footywire but they have the game drawn?

My team for next week can be found below:

• hedski says:

I checked fanfooty Trig, shows the same scores as footywire.

• neil demons delight says:

this will take off next year cheers

• Russty_ says:

Cheers for the update Trigger…my blokes really stunk it up last week, coming in a not very respectable LAST lol.

I'll try to do better this week…those last 2 games really took the wind out of my sails.

• Russty_ says:

My team for this week..WEEK 2..
      BACKS: MCGOVERN, Z.WILLIAMS, LLOYD
      MIDS : DANGER, DUNCAN, JPK, J.KELLY, GAFF
      RUCK : Z.SMITH
      FWDS : PETRIE, GREENE, HEENEY

That's my squad of hopefully not last placed losers lol

51. gator59 says:

Great stuff Trigga.. Had a very mediocre start to the finals campaign

All mids performed…. nearly all the others were shite

bring on next week.. love this what you have done here trigga .. keeps the juices flowing,, good luck to all ,, cheers Gator

52. hedski says:

Jumping in early, subject to selections.
    Hedskis Slappers – week 2.

Def – Tuohy, Gov, Z.Williams (ha).

Mids – Danger, Parks, JPK, Ward, Whitfield

Ruck – Sinclair.

Fwd – JJK, Tomahawk, Yeo.

53. gator59 says:

Here goes with ZD's Dream Team … week 2

Backs… Gov,, Touhy,, Hurn

Mids… Danger.. Kelly.. Parker.. Duncan.. Cogs

Ruck.. Sinclair

Fwds…Heeney. Yeo.. Spitter/kicker

Please note i have one late change 2 hours out..

Have changed from Buddy to Heeney due to wet weather at the G

HOPE THIS IS ALLOWED..

54. Jambak says:

Def: McGovern, z.williams, hurn
    Mids: Kelly, Parker, JPK, danger, ward
    Ruck: smith
    Fwd: Hawkins, yeo, buddy

55. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Makes no sense to me.

We go hard at it for 23 weeks then when we get into the business end (the exciting times the finals) we stop.

This form of finals SC allows you still to watch the game but also adds that little bit of extra spice as you now have a team to follow and try to beat other JR players.

A win win for mine.

Kev gonna be hard to catch already gonna need a couple of good pods.

56. INPieman says:

Neil, Nick, Anthony & Hugh you've been paid your winnings. Well done. Sarah if your reading this you've sent me the wrong BSB number. Please reply to my email. Neil was the main beneficiary this season & multiple prize winner. Well done. Marco & Jayden I'm waiting for your responses please. Cheers for 2017. Onwards to 2018

57. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Z. Smith (Geel)

Forwards x 3
    Heeney (Syd)
    Yeo (WC)
    Greene (GWS)

59. NEIL demons delight says:

week 2 MCGOV TOUHY WILLIAMS MIDS DANGER KELLY DUNCAN PARKER SHUEY RUCKS SINCLAIR FORWARDS HEENEY GREENE YEO trig youre one short in mids a cat

60. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well lads week 2.

Boy we have mixed things up – case of have to to catch Kev.
    2 players the same in all teams
    so 10 pods
    Will be interesting.

To mix it up I have gone with the tried and true finals midfield – hoping the boys put on a masterclass tonight.
    Pity nic nat didn't get a game would have put him in the team.

good luck all …

61. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Yeah thats the bloke

62. gator59 says:

What a feckin flog Sinclair is…. 10 FECKIN POINTS

63. Russty_ says:

Good stuff mate, they stuck it right up em!

64. neil demonsdelight says:

good on ya Hedski reckon on that can gall to he way at least beat those crow flogs

65. neil says:

go all the way typo

66. neil demons delight says:

Absolute shocker Rucks (I,m looking at you spud Sinclair) killed it but very enjoyable concept Trigg 1075 and dam lucky to get there.Cheers

67. SC_Kev7 says:

1233 for me this week. Mainly on the back of huge returns from Danger, Menegola, Ward, and Z. Smith. Yeo and Parker my only scores under 94.

Week 1 – 1675
    Week 2 – 1233
    Total – 2908

68. hedski says:

Absolute shocker for me this week, my ruck and fwds combined for a measly 171 points, total of 964.
    Week 1 – 1583
    Week 2 – 964.
    Total – 2547.
    That's a handy lead you have there Kev.
    Ah well the cats got through.

69. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Not too bad for me
    Lobb was a belta of a ruck pod
    WC defenders also did ok ball was down that end alot i guess
    1,174 week 2
    1,578 week 1
    2,752 overall

Kev heading for glory well done again Kev.
    Sinclair like swans turned into ugly duckling.

70. Russty_ says:

1160 for me this week, Petrie, Williams and Gaff really let me down, not sure where I stand on the ladder now, probably still last lol
    1444 week 1 = 2604 total so far.

• hedski says:

Ya beating me Russty, hanging them out there this week, lookin at Jenkins, Z.Guth, De Boer, Castagne, Macintosh, Bews, MacKay. All the little guns. Ha ha, go cats.

• Russty_ says:

Hey bud, regardless of our little private finals series, your lads got the job done and moving on up, hope they go all the way for ya mate.

71. Russty_ says:

Finals week 3 Team..will adjust if necessary.

Backs: Williams, Vlastuin, Houli
    Mids: Danger, M.Crouch, Martin, Duncan, Kelly
    Ruck: Z.Smith
    Fwds: Greene, Betts, Lynch

72. gator59 says:

Week 3 Same as Ruusty will adjust if not named or late outs

Backs—Laird.. Williams.. Vlaustin

Mids– Danger.. M.Crouch.. Dusty.. Kelly…Sloane

Ruck– Smith

Fwds– Spitter.. Townsend.. Lang

73. SC_Kev7 says:

Haha, would happily trade this blind luck for success in Draftstars! Couldn't even beat Barry this week…

74. hedski says:

Week 3.
    Def – Tuohy, Seedyman, Rancy pants.
    Mids – Scooter, Grigg, B.Crouch, Ward, Whitfield.
    Ruck – Nank.
    Fwds – General P, Tomahawk, T.Lynch.

Let the good times roll.

75. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well rd 2 of the finals is in the books.
    This week it was a case of have but more importantly have nots.
    Sinclair 10 points wtf man. Dodged a bullet there. Unfortunately most teams weren't so lucky.
    With that in mind I give you rd 2 results:
    Kev 1230
    Trig 1174
    Rusty 1155
    Gator 1129
    Neil 1072
    Jambak 1051
    Hedski 964

So the Kev juggernaut keeps rolling on take out the best round score again
    Rusty much better effort.
    Gonna take some serious pod action to catch him – no danger this week be a huge call but may need that sort of plums to catch kool kev
    With that in mind I present the overall leaderboard after 2 rounds of the finals:
    Kev 2905
    Trig 2752
    Neil 2677
    Gator 2631
    Rusty 2599
    Jambak 2590
    Hedski 2547

We have selected 28 players from the final series from all the finalists and Kev is averaging over 100 per player.
    fantastic effort mate.

Unless someone emerges from the pack and pulls a steven bradbury Kev already has one arm in the sleeve of the gold jacket.

good luck to all this week

Gone to my happy place be back in a few ……

76. neil demons delight says:

only hope is danger and dusty to do a Sinclair flog

77. TRIGGA_HAPPY says: