Round 22 Supercoach Panic Room

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 18, 2017 • views: 8190

PanicRoomRd22

Come one, come all, to the Panic Room! We’re now officially into the do-or-die part of the season: the stakes haven’t been higher. There are no more second chances.

This is where saving those trades, dodging those injuries and your astute points of difference will make you or break you.

Godspeed community. We’re at the preliminary finals. Go get ‘em… assuming you don’t get a swift, solid kick to the nether regions by the news.

THE NEWS

Hans Moleman Productions presents a swift, solid kick to the nether regions.

Starting from the top: Lachie Neale will miss this week, and possibly the next, after being struck down by knee problems. While initially reported as a season-ending injury, Neale is expected to play next week.

For those that were here, queer, and didn’t want any more bears (one of my more obscure Simpsons references), Michael Hurley is missing with a calf complaint this week. I suspect if Tom J. Lynch had needed quelling this week he might have got up, but as he doesn’t Essendon have let Hurley miss.

Nic Newman has failed his fitness test this week, so leaves Sydney’s side at the expense of the returning Josh P. Kennedy, who may finally provide relief to those of us with a few million dollars on the pine in the midfield.

Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis has been dropped. The Bulldogs confuse me. A lot.

In more good news, Zach Merrett returns from suspension, Alex Witherden is back for the Lions, and so is Nick Riewoldt.

If anyone has Jack Viney, firstly: why? Secondly, un-have Jack Viney ASAP because his foot is not doing the foot thing, which makes it hard to play football.

Geelong midfielder Mitch Duncan is back after spending a week in the sin bin, as is Shane Mumford. Going into the sin-bin in their place is Jack Redpath, who gave Phil Davis a tickle under the chin. It was also nice to see the Tribunal cracking down on fly kicking blokes in the face, suspending Toby Greene for three two one zero matches.

In “Back To The Future 4: Wait Really?”, Jaeger O’Meara and Harley Bennell return for brand new escapes, before they break back down with injury and are put in cotton wool for the next 12 months. Critics are calling it “Irrelevant to Supercoach” and “just another way for Patch to spice up the Panic Room, there’s no actual movie here so I’m not sure why I sat in a movie theatre for two hours…”

Hawthorn have ditched rookie duo Tiea Miles and the talented (but N deficient) Conor Glass. Please considering donating any unused N’s to Conor.

We have a whole bunch of debutants this week. WHYYYYYYYY???? THIS IS TERRIBLE. AWFUL. SAD. Although considering everything else that’s been happening this week, having some 2018 rookies at slightly elevated prices isn’t the end of the world, unlike the literal end of the world – the “fire and fury” that accompanied Zac Dawson’s retirement.

Anyway, we have Josh ‘Fridge’ Begley (that is his actual nickname, I’m not making this up), Josh ‘Bring Your Kid To Work Day’ Daicos, Todd ‘Ally’ Marshall, Jack ‘I Left The Ham In The Fridge Too Long And Now It’s” Graham and Ben “Mmmmmmkay” McKay will all play their first games.

(I know none of them are Rowan ‘My Boat’ Marshall, but I’m doing my best, okay?)

In basically irrelevant news, Pearce Hanley is back, retiring Carlton champion Dennis Armfield has been dropped (to James Brayshaw’s dismay), Josh Caddy is out for the year (remember when we were all going to start him?) and Tom Hickey has finally recovered from the towelling Bellchambers gave him a few weeks ago.

Anyway, despite the instability of this week’s team news, at least this isn’t the wrap up of Parliament’s team news, where we seem to have a half a dozen outs. Although that’s a really low bar to jump over to be fair.

THE PATCH UP

I’m putting up the one smokie this week because ain’t nobody got trades left. Besides, this smokie is slightly too smokie, because it’s David Zaharakis. I’d never suggest selecting Zacka for a full season, because contrary to all the evidence I don’t hate myself that much.

But, for a two week pinch-hitting role in your midfield, at 498k a bloke who loves the easier games with Fremantle and Gold Coast to come could be the lift you need to get over the line this year. Averaging 110 over his last 3 and 103 over his past 5, if you’re strapped for cash, he may be the way to go.

However with Tom Rockliff at 410k you’d be desperate – or stupid – to bring Zaharakis in.

HEY NOW, YOU’RE A DRAFT STAR

Well, I’m not, but the wonderful hoomans over in Higgo’s article are mind-bogglingly good at this thing. Fortunately, Fantasy Insider are mind-bogglingly fantastic, and have a lineup cruncher with oodles of statistics, and with their help, I’ve put together this lineup

PanicRoomRd22a

DraftStars Feature Contest

ENTER THIS WEEK’S COMMUNITY CONTEST HERE (BIG $ POOL)

ENTER THE FREE ACADEMY CONTEST HERE

As Higgo mentioned in his stunning analytics yesterday, Freo’s defence will come under fire, and as such I’m venturing in with Lachie Weller and Griffin Logue as value options. Nat Fyfe and David Mundy are locked in to cover the absence of Lachie Neale.

I’m not a fan of going in with Soldo, but my mega-midfield doesn’t leave me with much choice – besides, The Nank and Sean Darcy hardly fill me with confidence anyway.

Who are you going in with, community?

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

Patrick Dangerfield VC.

Dustin Martin C.

Other options involve Rory Sloane at the Adelaide Oval tonight, however, I’d be cautious of Sloane getting a good work-over from the Swans, like they did with Jason Johanissen a while ago. Zachary Merrett against the Suns could be a good choice, and Matthew Kruezer against Big Boy could go very large indeed.

Otherwise, there’s also Tom Mitchell. Anyone else going with someone left-field this week?

GOOD LUCK this week, community. Tear them a new one in the do or die prelim finals, while I’ll tear old mate Throttlefinger apart in my Draft league final.

Tags: ,

1. Tony says:

Hi Patch. Thanks to you all for your great work during the year. I've only got two trades left but still have GAJ and Jelwood. Mid bench cover is Witherden and Mountford. Thinking of trading in MCrouch or Dusty and either Hanners Rocky or Billings. In my main league my opponent has Dusty. Appreciate your thoughts Patch

• Patch says:

Thank you for reading, Tony! Think you're going to have to need to cover Dusty, Tony. At the risk of being blown out of the water if he goes huge. Alongside him Rockliff seems to be the way to go, unless you've got enough cash for someone better

• Demon Neil says:

great work

2. Raw_Tiger says:

Love ya work Patch.
    I'm calling this week "Super Loophole Week' … with only 1 trade left I have to use that on Jelwodd –> Kelly to save my mid-field. With 5 trades spent on avoiding donuts over the past 7 games, my team is somewhat sub-premo .. so the loophole has to cover my inadequacies. but 'cos Lyin hasn't done his old trick of dropping in-form rookies … I cant loophole my DEF, so have to pick between Ryan, Lloyd or Cox on field. Leaning toward Lloyd.
    Looping Witherden and SPP in the MID and Dahl and Greenwood up FWD.

In 5 Prelims … 2 of 'em Cash leagues ..

• Patch says:

Jakey Lloyd I take it? As Lek pointed out on twitter this week, Nic Newman missing should help Lloyd's score so I'd pop him onfield. Like the loops mate – good luck for the cashies!

3. Brycey says:

Hey patchy tossing up over gunston or daniher. What are your thoughts old son?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Daniher will teach those kids a lesson

• Patch says:

Not going to lie, every time I see Joe scramble up some bastard like a stepladder (cc. Jake Carlisle) I get aroused. There's nothing quite like screaming DANIHERRRRRR! live at the footy. He's hunting for the Coleman and the Dons will feed it to him – with two easier games I'd be backing him in, but would have all my fingers and toes crossed while doing so.

(and I am going to look very closely at starting him in 2018)

• Brycey says:

im tending to agree. i sold myself on gunston early in the week but heading towards the giant beanstalk. im hoping to ruin the inside of my trousers on saturday night

4. Simo says:

Who would you start as D6 out of Luke Ryan or Rance?
    cheers

• Patch says:

Rance, Simo. Should peel off Freo forwards

• SC_Kev7 says:

I'd go Ryan, Simo. Tigers smalls won't hold him accountable in the air. As Patch said in his Draftstars section, the ball should be in his area a lot

• Patch says:

Going to have to disagree, the ball was up his end a lot last week and he still only managed 32. Doubt he'll score that little again this week but he's far more of a risk than Rance for mine.

• frogger says:

Rance, no strong KPF to mind and won't come up against someone as tactically aware as Harry Taylor this week. Over the long haul, back your premos in to outscore the rookies, I reckon. It's the percentage play.

5. Stirlsy says:

Would like to thank u for all your input throughout the year Patch,always a laugh reading yr stuff.
    I'v got 5 the same as you in DS Goodluck with Mundy a real brave pick, don't think many will go with him so he could work out to be a good POD 4 ya
    If Graham gets a gig ill be pulling my team apart i think, 50 bucks short of a str8 swap.
    I went to church last nite to pray Witherden plays but had no idea how to do it so i asked a few ppl and got told i had to kneel down, well i was out of there very quickly, I don't get on my Knees for anyone not even Gaz's dad.

• Patch says:

Thank you Stirlsy! Hoping that leads me at least part of the way to doing well on Sunday!

Wise moves in church mate!

6. Mograt says:

Need only to cover a potential doughnut from Neale. I have one last trade and have narrowed my choices to :

1. Kruezer. By 2 dpps I can bring in the big fella and plop Ryder up front. This will give me coverage via Strandica if the big K is rested next week.

2. Josh Kelly As a straight swap for Neale.

As things stand I have bench cover for backs (Ryan) and fwds (shoenmakers). But nothing for mids or Ruck. Kreuz gives me the Ruck cover but Kelly has more to play for and barring a disaster is guaranteed of playing next week as well.

Any chance Kreuz gets rested ? Who has the greatest scoring potential over the next two rounds?

I appreciate any thoughts comments.

Mograt

7. TheGreatBozza says:

The Panic room has been my guidance all season, so I'm hoping it can steer me through my preliminary final:

3 trades, $150k

DEF: Adams, Doc, Laird, Howe, Shaw, Junker (LOOP) (Schaz, Ryan)
    MID: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Bont, Treloar, Neale, J.Lloyd (Selwood, Cousins, Deluca)
    R: Gawn, Ryder (Grundy)
    FWD: Macrae, Heeny, Yeo, Dahl, Nank, Greenwood (Cameron, Bolton)

Any ideas of some trades? My FWD line is weak but I've got issues with Selwood & Neale I need to clear up.

Option 1:
    Neale > Crouch
    Selwood > Rocky
    Swing Lloyd to DEF and don't play a loophole

Option 2:
    Neale > Crouch
    Hold trades, suss out the round and upgrade later on if need be

Option 3:
    Selwood > Crouch
    Hold trades, no money left

Option 4:
    Selwood > Rocky
    Nank > Any premo FWD

Thoughts?

8. Nat says:

1 trade left for a couple of cash leagues…thoughts on Grundy to Mummy or Martin? I feel Mummy has more chance of going large…

9. Dan says:

Thanks Patch! I've loved reading the Panic Room all year!
    I was wondering, who do you think I should loophole with Nank in the forward line out of: Greenwood, Buddy (both up and down), or JJK (only scored 56 against GWS earlier in the season)?

• Patch says:

Thanks Dan! Would go with Greenwood personally. Good luck mate!

*EDIT* actually, no. Go a Buddy loop

10. John says:

Who do u reckon will score more over the next 2 weeks; Danniher or Sicily?

11. Rick Grimes says:

What are our thoughts on Spuddy? Has gone one big, can we expect one small? I can loophole him or Greenwood.

12. Doc says:

Last chance/last trade.

Big prelim this week.

Comes down to (me) Greenwood, J.cameron, Shaw, JJK, Zerrer, STEVEN + 1 more. V (opponent) Jacobs, J.Stewart, Nyhuis, Heppell, Murphy, Steele, Fyfe.

Can get anyone under 495k (any line through DPPs).
    Billings, Rocky, Roberton, or any other suggestions.

Leaning towards Billings.

13. Paul says:

Patch, Merrett or Zorko for Neale? On trade left…

14. ahmad rubas says:

doc laird adams rance lloyd witherden (ryan scharenberg)
    danger vc fyfe c kelly bont murphy parker treloar jpk (dahlhaus emg cunningham junker)
    gawn mumford (strnadica)
    macrae greene billings steele franklin nankervis (greenwood emg eddy)

2 trades i made this week was newman down to junker which allowed me to move witherden into the defence in place of ryan/scharenberg and stewart to billings which allowed me to swing dahl into mid bench and greenwood into fwd bench so i can loophole schaz dahl and greenwood. any better ideas for the trades i could make and any ideas on who to improve loopholes assuming macrae will outscore dahl and buddy will outscore greenwood.

Good luck for prelim finals everyone

15. JAL says:

I need captaincy advise – Merrett, Mitchell, Danger or Zorko?? Think my opponent will go Mitchell so could either just cancel out his score or go the POD and use Merrett and risk it for the biscuit… Thoughts??

16. John says:

Who do I trade in for Selwood, has to be someone lower than $491k. Was thinking of either Hannebery or Gray, any suggestions?

17. CheekyNandos says:

Ryan, Witherden or The Schaz on field community?

18. Jamiem says:

I have Hurley & Newman in the backline. Thinking I'll go Hurley to Docherty & Ryan comes onto the field. Alternatively I could trade Hurley out put Ryan & Witherden on the field & upgrade Nank or Dalhaus, thoughts?

19. Moonshine says:

Is Witherden in the final 22? Like most Freo players last week Ryan had a bad day but he should bounce back therefore waste of a trade for mine cos Shaz can cover. Or trade for Junker and use the extra dollars to improve your Defence. Or, Maybe save the trade(s) for the GF. Good luck.

20. inNout says:

1 trade left. Have neale and jelwood with greenwood as cover. 40k in the bank. Option 1. Keep neale and hope he comes back next week and trade jelwood to beams or rockliff. Option 2 trade neale to Kelly or Duncan. Thoughts lads ?

21. Joshua says:

1 trade left and 8k left
    Options
    1-Neale to Parker
    2-Lynch to Rockliff (swing Brown forward) and keep Neale on bench hoping he comes back round 23
    3- Cover with Lloyd and save trade

22. Stirlsy says:

Talk getting around that Sloane is in doubt tonite

23. Maestro says:

VC on M Crouch into Danger? Or Swans too good to let him off the chain tonight?

24. Josh says:

2 trades left and $88 k in the bank
    Do I trade Selwood and lynch or Selwood and Neale?
    Current midfield
    Danger, Kelly, Bont, Fyfe, Merrett, Kennedy, Neale, Selwood (witherden as cover)
    Current forward line
    Kennedy, yeo, macrae, Dahlhaus, Heeney, nank

25. Lisa says:

2 trades left, and have both Neale & Lynch to get rid of, and no cash to help. Looking at Neale to Beams & Lynch to Buddy. Current mids are Danger, T Mitchell, Bont, Fyfe , Merrett, Parker & Treloar with Greenwood only playing bench cover. Fwds are Macrae, Yeo, Ryder, Dahlhaus & Heeney, with C Brown as bench cover.

Other option is I could trade in D Martin, M Crouch, Zorko, Kelly, Oliver or Duncan, but would have no money to spend on a forward, unless I use Greenwood and trade in a rookie or S Reid? Which is the preferred option – Beans & Buddy, or a premium mid and cheap fwd?

26. JohndJames says:

I have nothing to panic about,no changes to my team,my best players are all on the field,have two trades left,hoping to make a few grand finals.All the best to anyone playing in the preliminary finals this weekend.

• Starlight says:

You sound like a smug Hardwick some weeks ago. Beware of the unexpected and good luck. I'm in six prelims and I am pooping my pants.

• JohndJames says:

Sounding like Hardwick is a bit harsh,but fair enough,next week if I get there is when I will be nervous,good luck in your six preliminary finals Starlight.

• Russty_ says:

Yeah John…stop being so smug! hahah, well done mate, hope you smash all 6 of em :)

• JohndJames says:

I did sound smug didn't I,first time for everything I guess,projected to win all 6,but I'll believe it when I see it.Good luck to you too Russty.

• Russty_ says:

If you've done well after this year's over mate, you have a right to be smug, not that I think you were haha

27. Starlight says:

Hi Patch. Just home from work and would like your (Or anyone interested) advice.
    Two trades left.
    1. Selwood and Ryan to Yeo and The Bont and if I make the GF, I will have Grundy in the ruck and Ryder back to the forward line, or
    2. Grundy to Mummy and Selwood to Oliver.
    Thoughts please.

28. finnigin says:

ryan or loyd ,, which way to go ,, please sway me

• Mischief man says:

With Newman out, Lloyd will get a bit more ball, however McVeigh has spoilt Lloyd's party. Ryan has been terrific but dreadful last week like most Dockers but will he bounce back? Don't know what Ross will do with him. If he is allowed to play loose he will go big, but perhaps teams are now watching him closer.

• Russty_ says:

Ryan had 2 big scores before his lousy 32 last week, I'd back him in to knock out another tonne.

• Starlight says:

Hi Rusty. I have looped Hibberd – NM with Lloyd and Ryan. I think I will take Lloydy's 81 or should I field Ryan?

• Russty_ says:

Hi mate, I'm leaving Lloyd on the bench and Ryan and Witherden on-field, but that's just me, if you want to play it safer, leave as is.

29. SCDamien says:

Given the history of Danger's scoring against Collingwood, I don't want to give him the VC. If he goes huge then good for him, but I'd prefer to give the VC to someone like Tom Mitchell. I agree with the C going on someone in the Dockers/Tigers game, whether that's Fyfe or Martin remains to be decided.

Which 2 on field out of Scharenberg, Witherden and Lloyd?

30. Joshua says:

If Lloyd posts a solid score who should I take off in my backline
    Shaw or Scharenberg?

31. Dusty_Spurs says:

Who should I start at D6 out of Luke Ryan, Heath Shaw and Alex Witherden? Can't loophole.

If I start Shaw or Ryan, I can loophole witherden with someone in the mids.

32. red5 says:

What to do with Nank
    2 trades and 30 k in bank

33. James says:

Hannebery or Robbie Gray??

34. Laurie says:

Final trade …Oliver, Crouch or Kelly for Selwood help please

35. jamie says:

Anywhere i can find projections for this week?

Looking at nank and j lloyd to roberton and C Dixon, or Billings and scharenberg amongst many trades. Also a few hawks as options.

• Russty_ says:

I'd probably hold on those 2 Jamie, if you think you can still win, Nank and Lloyd should score better tonight, Lloyd wasn't bad last week with 82. And Nank doesn't have Soldo to share points with this week.

Billings is a gun but Dixon is a spud.

36. Defying_Madness says:

I have to field one of Buddy or Greenwood. The other one will have the emergency and will be loopholed with Dahlhaus. Who should I start community?

37. Richard says:

I have Nank, Goldstein & Darcy as my rucks. Was going to bench Nank but Soldo is not playing. Have 2 big prelims! Who do I bench?? Any thoughts please?

38. Shake n bake says:

Who should l loop Buddy or Greenwood?

39. TheGreatBozza says:

Quick poll:
    Crouch, Merrett or Rocky

40. Jamie says:

Nank or Darcy on the field?

41. Tyruddanaut says:

Is it too risky putting Kelly VC and Titch C even though their games are 3 hours apart

• Russty_ says:

Not at all, you'll have plenty of time to change the C as long as you're not out somewhere, gotta make sure you can too, with your bench and all. People can get caught out.

• Dean says:

3 hours is plenty of time to decide whether your VC is worthy of taking it, I allow 2 hours and 20 minutes.

• hedski says:

Yep ya need Danger.

42. Dean says:

Is Neale out for longer then 1 week?

• Russty_ says:

Not certain yet Dean but could be done for the year, as well as Hurley. I would trade if I still had him.

43. TOPHAWK1 says:

Prelims…Here we go folks!!

• Russty_ says:

Echo…echo…echo…lol, not many around tonight Hawk, Sydney are looking pretty dangerous, hope this isn't a disappointing blowout.

44. Defying_Madness says:

Tried to bench Heeney when I saw he was tagging before the bounce, but seven was slightly delayed…

45. TOPHAWK1 says:

I think it is time for horse to relieve Heeney of his tagging duties against Sloane…….Lightweight vs lightweight. Sloane wins.

Let Zac Jones have a crack at Sloane.

46. Russty_ says:

Heeney you bloody albino spud burger….do something!

47. Steeeve says:

Pretty bloody happy I have Sloane and not Heeney!!!

No wait I have Heeney and not Sloane.

48. hedski says:

Vc,d Budwah, should a gone Sloanedog. Looking good so far, Bud, Parks, G'wood, Laird, Sloane. Lloyd on the loop. Bet I beat the pricks who knocked me outta semis last week.

49. Joshua says:

McVeigh has gone FWD, maybe some hope still left for Lloyd in this game

50. Russty_ says:

Cracking game now, this is how Friday night games should be.

51. Defying_Madness says:

Is it just me or has the umpiring been very questionable today?

• hedski says:

Today?? Been crap all year DM

• Russty_ says:

They seem to be over umpiring, or under umpiring these days, probably too scared of the scrutiny they're under every week, and always confused about all the constant bloody rule changes.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Absolute inconsistency, either the strongest bias that I've ever seen or mixed with a little bit of corruption. A bit suspicious since its at Adelaide.

52. Ja191 says:

Mcveigh kills lloyds role/sc score

53. Defying_Madness says:

Heeney ends up hitting 91 points for a massive half. Beat that spud Hanners who didn't get that half time drink. Don't think Hanners even got 20 points in that second half. Trading in Hanners over Martin when they both bottomed out will haunt my memories for years.

• Derek says:

If you said at half time Heeney would outscore Greenwood, MCrouch and Hanners I would have suggested a nice long rest from super coaching.

54. Iamme says:

Great win by the swans, looked gone!

55. Tyruddanaut says:

4 Options after this game
    1. Take Lloyds (79) score and drop Sharenberg or Ryan
    2. Hold Lloyd
    3. Take Greenwoods (90) score and drop Dahlhaus/use Dahlhaus as a midfield loophole
    4. Take Greenwoods (90) and drop Nank

56. Joshua says:

Take Lloyds 80 or trade Neale to Beams/Rockliff?
    Have 1 trade left

• Swans2012 says:

Depends on your matchup this week, think you can win without trading?

• Joshua says:

Projected 100+ higher in all my leagues. 2430 btw, although we all know what happens if you get ahead of yourself haha

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Josh, predictions don't really count for much in the end, if you lose this week or win this week, it'll be a lesson as to what you should've done. I prefer to go for broke at this time of year, and give myself the best chance of winning this week, and then just hope no surprises next week.

• Swans2012 says:

Make your own assessment man on man in your most important leagues and decide from there….. I don't trust projections. Plus it might be just me but I like to throw opposition coaches and projections out by putting loophole players on field etc, gotta get any advantage you can. Like you say you can make a late decision but I agree with rusty, nothing worse than doing nothing and losing….

• Russty_ says:

This is hard to answer Josh, cause if you take the 80 and lose, holding Neale for next week and then he doesn't play, and you lose this week, you'll wish you'd just pulled the trigger this week.
      I haven't had any trades left since the beginning of this week, went Selwood to Sloane, all in!…do or die haha

57. Russty_ says:

542 from 5 here…How you travelling Lads?

58. TOPHAWK1 says:

BT is still spouting BS! Gee wizz

Tipped the Swannies to beat Adelaide.

Tick.

59. Swans2012 says:

I dunno whether the 16 rounds of finals like footy has toughened us up for finals or set us up for burnout but Dam it's been a roller coaster for us Swan supporters!!!!

• Russty_ says:

I think your lads have the intestinal and testicular fortification to see it through this year…0 and 6 and then almost perfect says a lot about their character and desire to win.

• Derek says:

I have a feeling the swans have used a lot of petrol.

• Wedge says:

Bye week before the finals changes things. If swans can finish top 4 they might get another week rest too

60. Juicy fruit says:

Take Lloyd's 81 or field Ryan?

• Russty_ says:

Safe play is take Lloyd's score, go for glory play is trust Ryan will go big again :)

• Juicy fruit says:

Will do and I'll take Buddys score in my forward emergency loop as well. Now the other blokes will need to do get some decent scores. Hopefully Danger gets 140+ or else I will need to rely on Dusty rather than Titch. What do you reckon!

• Russty_ says:

Danger usually comes through mate, runs on the board is a good thing usually, unless the other guy is in league with the devil.
          If Danger craps the bed, Dusty or Titch should be able to deliver you something decent.

61. JohndJames says:

Your pick of Sloane as your last trade worked out for you Russty,had my doubts but he really turned up tonight.

• Russty_ says:

Thanks bud, yeah it was a risky call, never had him in my team in ten years hahah, could've been a very different story if he didn't pass his fitness test this week.

62. hedski says:

Yet…

63. Russty_ says:

Wonderful shit mate, nice strong start to the week, who do you think you might get a donut from?

• hedski says:

Should be OK Russty, mayb Rooey, maybe Mummy, ya never know.
      Didn't have a donut all year up til last week, then bang bang , two in one week.

64. Greg says:

Good of Lloyd to get right in the awkward zone as to whether you take his score or Witherden…

65. Alby says:

Needs to field either C Brown from the Pies or L Young for the Dogs to cover Wallis who do you think is the best one to put on.

66. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Had the E on greenwood and lloyd.
    Take off dahl, yeo or macrae for gw?
    Thinking dahl.

Then who scores more?
    Lloyd or dahl?
    Can play dahl on or off ground in mids.

Def: shaz, ryan or witherden on bench?
    Thinking Ryan.
    Can loop shaz but would mean ryan plays on ground.

Thoughts?

67. Adsy says:

Looped Greenwood in the mids – taking it.
    Looped Lloyd in the backs – unsure for either Witherden or Ryan or even Heath Shaw (can swing up Perryman from the mids. Any thoughts?
    Also, thinking about perhaps trading Witherden for anyone under 466 in the backline. Hodge immediately jumps out after looking at the Cheat Sheet. 3 trades left (2 still this week so it's luxury more than anything) Or should I just keep things as is?

• Lazza says:

Seems you are fairly comfortable with your team, in which case I'd use one of your trades to cash up for next week and makes sure you have max loophole and DPP options. Bring in a low price non playing DPP That way you can bring a super Premo into your GF team next week.

68. Dave says:

Who to field out of Ryan and Witherden?

• Lazza says:

Witherden is on field and Ryan on my bench.., Ryan has had 2 x 30's and 2 x tons .. never know what you will get .. Witherden is more reliable and always in the play … I'm comfortable with that..

69. Jimmy says:

Who to bench out of dahl, nank or Riewoldt?

Cheers lads

70. Northerner says:

With Soldo out I'm contemplating Nank on field over Dahl. I've already looped Greenwood and happy to take his score.

My key match up has Dahl. I think Nank's floor will be lower than Dahl, but Dahl's upside is higher. Other data point is Wallis is out and may mean more mid time for Dahl.

Conflicting data points.

Thoughts?

71. Lazza says:

Take Greenwood's 90 or swing Dahlhaus on field?

72. Risk n Reward says:

Jelwood for Rocky
    SPP for Jaegar ? loop both for best score
    or
    SPP for Deluca
    Jelwood for Kelly ?

• Don't Blush Baby says:

IMO R & R I'd go Kelly & Deluca, but if you need pod for Head to Head sure go the other way

73. CoachDamo says:

Opponent in my main league got the jump on me last night. He had Sloane, I had Parker…now 65 points behind.

Only 4 different players for the rest of the round. We both have Heath Shaw – I'm considering putting Ryan on field instead. It's a risk, but might be a chance to get some points back.

74. Defying_Madness says:

Looks like in most of my leagues my victory will be decided by the end of the Port vs Dogs game. Most of my opponents have Dahl and Bont on field whereas I have Ebert and Gray on field. Hopefully Port have a huge victory to soar me into my grand finals.

75. Smithy says:

Who will score more out of nank or dahl. Planning on looping one of them to get greenwoods score. Cheers all.

• Cogla13 says:

I benched Dahl which I hope doesn't come back to bite me. Soldo is out so I reckon Nank might come good this week. Dahl might too with Wallis out though.

• Smithy says:

I reckon this is a toss of the coin job Cogla. Looks like a few people are pondering this one. Cheers.

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Dahl for me Smithy, more of a chance score more than Nank imo

76. RoyceandJack says:

2 out of 3 please , Ryan, Witherden or May cant loop

77. RoyceandJack says:

and or Shaw

78. TheGreatBozza says:

Take Lloyds 81 and breakeven with my opponent? 9' confident of winning. Got 2 trades left

Other option is Selwood to either Zerrett or Rocky

79. Defying_Madness says:

Ebert is now dead to me and one of many is welcome on my never again list.

• Billioux says:

He tagging the Bont. So more Kenny's fault than Ebert's. Break even for you DM

• Defying_Madness says:

Yeah I guess when you look at it that way it isn't too bad. Still can't believe I could have gotten Rocky, Sloane, Beams and I brought in bloody Robbie Gray

80. Russty_ says:

Feel free to do something in this Quarter Bont !! Sheesh

81. David says:

Wines last touches was a mark then a 50 meter kick down the line marked by Dixon gets no pts because siren sounds. Players always get robbed at the end of a game because championship data pts has to add up to 3300pts!!

82. GloryDays90 says:

I am not picking Bont next year. What a SPUD

83. Thomas says:

Was trying to loop Buzza into Deluca, but forgot to switch Yeo into the mids to take his score :(

84. Defying_Madness says:

Should I field Rance or Ryan? I have an itching feeling that Ryan may score higher

85. Ja191 says:

take stewarts 101 or field simmo

86. Jayden says:

Take Scharenberg's 88? or take a chance on Hurley?
    Thanks

87. JohndJames says:

Already worked out one trade for next week,Newman to Tuohy,my team will be full premo then.

88. Skinny McThin says:

Somebody should tell Dahlhouse that tackling with your face is stupid.

89. Skinny McThin says:

What are the odds on Zorko, Beams and/or Rocky getting food poisoning and being late outs so that the Lions can cement 1st draft pick? It could be dangerous for anybody using Berry as a capt loophole

90. musicissport says:

Finally picked a POD that works – only taken me 21 rounds! Welcome Menegola! Was my final trade too.

91. The G Train says:

Bont, Howe, Williams

There goes my season

92. Russty_ says:

Glass is playing now…I thought he got dropped.

93. AuroraBorealis?! says:

And Glass being a late in ends my season, i dont know why i even play this game every year it just ends in pain and sadness.

• Russty_ says:

Tough break man, that's exactly why I don't like loopholing, cause of the backfire factor.
      If I do use it, it's never on a player whose still an Emergency, only injured guys or guys not named at all.
      Come back next season mate, it's all just a bit of fun.

94. TOPHAWK1 says:

WTF is up with Zach Merrett? Anus Horribilis start. 11 SC at the 1/4. 3 disposals at 66%. Glad my opponent has him though. ;-)

95. Dean says:

My current score is 1425 my opponent is on 1442
    The different players I have are as follows:
    Merrett 98, Mitchell 128, Witherden 88, Dusty 147, Hibberd 123, Gawn 86, S Martin 85 & Nank 67
    I also have Neale on field who will get Greenwoods 90 so this (90) in included in my 1425 total.

I could trade out Neale and bring in a Zorko or anyone up to $582k and put Cousins on to take Greenwoods 90 which will mean Witherden will go back on my bench – However I think I should win my league without using my last trade as there is a slight chance Neale might be back next week.

As I stated above my opponent is currently on 1442 and his different players are as follows:
    Myers 69, McEvoy 115, Ainsworth 51, Rocky 81, Hannan 50 & Rance 77

For what its worth my projected score is: 2250 and my opponents projected score is: 2078

What do you guys think, your opinion is greatly appreciated?

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Dean , If this is the only league you are concerned with I'd hold on your trade, however do you know if your opponent has any trades left ?

• Dean says:

Don't Blush Baby – I don't know for certain whether my opponent has trades left or not, however I'm almost certain he doesn't because he has had Pendles on his bench for quite a few weeks now.

• Russty_ says:

I reckon you've got it in the bag Dean, strong list of players there.

96. Russty_ says:

Josh Begley's doing pretty well in his first game, wonder why he didn't get a game earlier?

97. Tyruddanaut says:

Carlton manage to hold their lead. Obviously that means we are going to beat Sydney by 150

98. Tyruddanaut says:

When you take the C off Mitchell for a measly 147 by Kelly

99. Skinny McThin says:

Great call on Zaha for the Capt Patch, 77 at HT aint too shabby

100. gator59 says:

Take Scharenberg's 88 or leave Ryan on field

101. Skinny McThin says:

McKenzie on the watch list for 2018. New coach new role deadly foot

• INPieman says:

Ballsy. But worth a thought

• Egomaniac says:

did you vote on your own comment?

• Egomaniac says:

you did you idiot and you didn't even vote for skinny's, the comment you replied to.

• Russty_ says:

You can't vote for your own comment, it happens automatically when you post when you have a profile.

Do you get your cheap little jollies trolling on sites and abusing total strangers for no reason? Real mature pal.

• Skinny McThin says:

I think that you can rusty. A lot of my comments have a zero, maybe I speak a lot of $hit

• Russty_ says:

Hey Skinny…I was just referring to the Intense Debate profile with the number next to it..is yours Twitter or something?

• Skinny McThin says:

WordPress russty. I run the worlds most popular transsexual midget porn site, but you already know that don't you RS1759

LOL, don't tell anyone!

• Skinny Mcthin says:

No worries Rusty we're working on your request to appear in a scene with Tiny McLittle but we need to know if the picture that you sent is of your dick or part of the Murray/Darling pipeline.

102. INPieman says:

Is Pickett on 68 at 3/4 time? Or did I put the wrong mushrooms in the spag boll

103. Hawks says:

Ryan or Witherden on field?

In a few tight match-ups, so every point counts, I cant loophole them.

Thoughts please.

• frogger says:

It is a difficult one. Witherden the more consistent / lower SD of the two, so unless you really need to gamble on spiking a huge one to come from behind, I'd maybe go Witho. Good luck either way and back yourself in.

• Hubba says:

Wither den

104. TOPHAWK1 says:

Tom Mitchell.

If you have him, you win. If you do not, you lose! It's that simple.

What a player.

• Joshua says:

Might break the disposals record tonight

• Russty_ says:

42 disposals!…imagine if he could kick a few goals as well?

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I have two captain scores this week. Danger and Titch! Bonus!

• Hawks says:

1st player to have 30+ disposals against every team in the same season.

Image how strong Sydney would be with Tom Mitchell this season.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Tom Mitchell is a marvel.

He is the golden boy that Sydney let slip away. Its a bloody shame, as he may miss premiership success going to the declining Hawks. Great club though! love my hawkers.

If the Sydney board/management had hindsight, they would have kept Titch and traded either JPK or Hanners.

Cheers mate

• frogger says:

The void of significance was crying out to be filled and Tommy filled it good and proper. Majestic.

• Tibor says:

That's the beauty of a win win trade mate. Too many similar types at Sydney and he has less opportunity to play the role he enjoys and excels at at Hawthorn. They got this one right unlike West Coast who have Priddis and Mitchell who so often compete against each other

• Skinny McThin says:

I agree that he's good but whoo hoo he got 40+ in a losing team. When your best players are all outside players 30+ years old and you only have 1 genuine midfielder its a pretty safe bet that the single midfielder will get the ball a few times. Sadly for the hawks 50% of his disposals are backwards and the rest of the team are has beens or never will be's. Sicily lol what a joke he is absolutely roasted by a lamb

105. Finnius123 says:

I never thought that I would be wishing that I had Jarrod Pickett as bench cover

• The Ranger says:

Could be worse Fin…I've had him on my bench since Rd.1 and the first and only time he kicks a bloody score I can't get him onfield!

• frogger says:

It's a shocking feeling.
        Carried Caddy for most of the year,(got a couple of decent scores and some bye cover, to be fair). The week he busted out his 137, I had forgotten to set a loop for him/ Witho, realized thirty seconds too late and copped Witho's 70-odd instead. Probably also cost me the season top score prize in a cashie, would have high-scored by a solitary point without that stuff-up. And then I fielded him for the most majestic 14 of all time last week. There's not enough beer in the world to numb that pain lol

• Gaz says:

Lads I saw him play his first WAFL game – must have been 16-17. South Fremantle were down by 10 pts with a few minutes to go – he sat on someones shoulders and took a screamer and kicked a goal then took another mark on the boundary line and kicked a check side straight through the middle. He has freakish talent and yesterdays game was an example of what he can do.
          I traded him out ages ago for Cousins which was a wasted trade.

• The Ranger says:

Pick 4 in the draft tells you something eh? Only McCartin, Petracca and Brayshaw went above him.
            Shame he's just boosted his price for next year

106. Swans2012 says:

Bloody harbrow……bloody Supercoach…bloody dam bloody…I just resmashed my smashed screen….

• Russty_ says:

The ole doublesmash ay?…bad luck mate.

• Skinny McThin says:

I don't share your pain swanny, I put the potatoe on the bench and didn't even use the E.
      I chose the spud over Hurley about 14 weeks ago aaarrrggghhh!

107. Hubba says:

Unf i need to trade neale with my last trade…. greenwoods 90 as emergency wont be enough …. 5 choices:
    Zork
    Rocky
    Fyfe
    Cotchin
    Beams….

Who is going large ?

108. Defying_Madness says:

109. TOPHAWK1 says:

Doctor doctor! You were magnificient tonight.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Back to his sweeping role.
      Stuff me he is good by foot.
      Blues tackled pretty hard all night and Pickett had a game to show why he went high in tbe draft
      Seasoned lamb really upset Sicily..

• frogger says:

Killed us non-owners this year, and did us slowly. Death by a thousand tons. Stallion.

110. Joshua says:

Projected 2600 should I trade Neale to Beams with my last trade instead of taking Lloyds 81? Think I have got my leagues wrapped up but I might have a chance at the big $1000 I reckon. Thoughts?

• TOPHAWK1 says:

JUST DO IT

• Tyruddanaut says:

Do it. Take a risk

• frogger says:

Give it a crack, can't win the lotto of you don't buy a ticket. Seen a projected 2,741 on one forum (and it looked legit), quite a few strutting around with the big boy pants on this week. Good luck!

• RobDogs says:

Wouldn't be counting my cash yet. I'm projected north of 2600 and looking like losing most of my leagues. One guy projected for 2750. Is just a huge round of huge scores. With Adams looking like missing next week etc etc that trade could be handy.

• Joshua says:

Geez some very high scores, my highest is 2370 so I am in unfamiliar territory haha. What happened to Adams btw?

• B rian says:

There will be big scores his week. 2700+ I reckon. Save the trade

• Northerner says:

You will need 2600 to win your prelim this week. To win the cash you'll need bigger than 2800 if Sunday plays out as Saturday has. If you've won your league games maybe save the trade for GF glory

• finnigin says:

yeah mate even i am looking at 2750

111. Tyruddanaut says:

They said it couldn't be done, but Carlton won a game. And my 2 players git a combined 300. Joy to the word, Carlton has won, let Carlton win again.

• Cogla13 says:

What's really good about it is that Brisbane can pump out another win and still remain behind Carlton on the ladder. Just need NM to get up against STK and that Pick 1 is almost guaranteed.

112. Tyruddanaut says:

Just figuring out that I lost 17 points by VCing Kelly (144) and Captain loopholing instead of going my first choice of Titch smh

• frogger says:

Up against a bloke who didn't take Danger VC and rolled the dice on TMitch. At first I would be the one belting out a couple of doughies on his front lawn to celebrate, but he has actually come out and egged my datto 180d instead.
      If it helps, there's probably some poor bugger out there who slapped the C on Bont and is now curled up in the fetal position muttering to himself in Pyanmanese.

113. Trev says:

Run the gauntlet with Dusty as C or take Dangers score?!?!??

114. Tibor says:

Wow we are so quick to wrap up mediocre players as stars sometimes. So much crap about what a good defender Sicily had become. Absolutely smashed by a superstar like Jed Lamb. Then he goes forward provides nothing and through it all shows his flog factor by giving away undisciplined free kicks.

He has a long way to go this bloke and that flog factor is a huge problem

• Defying_Madness says:

I mean I would have done the same if I was him. If that was Sloane, Dangerfield or any other player getting tagged they would have gotten over 5 free kicks. Sicily was hit, had his arms chopped, held onto and antagonised at every single contest and didn't receive any frees which was pretty poor. Double standards from the umpires.

• Tibor says:

Happens all the time to young players coming through, not sure if you remember the unsociable hawks DM? Why would Carlton have targeted him for this type of treatment in the first place? They got exactly the reaction they were looking for because in terms of footy smarts he is an imbecile. Not sure your comment that if it was any other player is quite right, were you equally as outraged over what JJ copped week in week out earlier in the year…?

• Thomas says:

You always seem to be complaining about the umpires :)

• Derek says:

As a Hawks fan, I'm pretty excited about his future.

• Defying_Madness says:

Same here Derek

• Tibor says:

Certainly has some talent but he is a head case, he has so,e of the smartest blokes in footy all around him and appears to learn nothing, where does that leave him as they move on…

• Ruddigar says:

Think you might be on to a major future flog here Tibor. At the start of the year the great flog was pretty much accepted as the great BJ Goddard but now even when BJ smashes over the pretzels it goes almost unnoticed as a new flog crew lead by Toby the Knob Head comes through. This nut case Sicily has some real flog potential as those experienced players finish up. With any luck Hawks supporters will all get him in their sc teams next year….

115. Pete says:

Play Higgins or Nankervis?
    Take lloyds 81, or play Ryan?

• Goodluck says:

Higgins should score better than Nani, and it's a nice day weather wise here in Perth so take the gamble with Ryan. The boys got clean hands and the ball will be coming his way often.

116. Toclosetocall says:

Who wins-
    Hibberd, Gawn and Higgins plus 23 points V Beams, Oliver and Steele?

117. Doc says:

Lads, I'm in trouble in my prelim.

Dead even.

Billings, jack steven v Steele, Fyfe, Nyhuis.

Which option should I use:
    1. take my vc with danger and hope for a spud or injury from my opponent in his last 3.

2. Captain Gawn or Dusty and hope for a 180-200 (my opponent has to take dangers vc).

Leaning towards letting it ride and hoping Steele and nyhuis spud it up, but appreciate any get out of gaol thoughts.

118. Steve says:

Community, I ballsed it and didnt put Danger as VC and then took the C off Titch last minute….

Only viable captain options I have left are Fyfe or Rocky….

Which one?

• Don't Blush Baby says:

I'd go Fyfe Steve, I'm thinking Fyfe or Dusty and taking the gamble myself as I will be behind anyway if I take Dangers score

• Russty_ says:

Looks like Rocky's playing as a fwd pocket with Hibberd on him, hence the bugger all points this quarter.

• JohndJames says:

Hope you went with Fyfe,he's been in top form of late.

119. Pauly Walnuts says:

Need a Captain that will go bigger than Danger – who should I go – Max,Dusty or Fyfe ? TIA

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Hope you didn't take Max,I've gone Fyfe ,need him to go 160ish , Hail Mary,Our Father ect

120. Adam sc says:

I did a silly thing….
    Made a trade after a night out with the boys. I needed to get Dangers VC score to close the gap on opponent. Can I reverse now?

• INPieman says:

Nope. I've been campaigning for years to be breathalysed before trading

• Adam sc says:

Haha! Yeh was out last night with my oppponent talking smack. Thought I had a great idea/trade until I had another look this morning. Now got 2 headaches!!

121. ahmad rubas says:

any chance roberton hibberd fyfe and gawn all dont play today for me to have a chance at making grand final im projected 2300 opponent projected 2600!

Sorry Ahmad…I'm playing a guy in one league projected to get 2674 lol

• ahmad rubas says:

well lost by 230 points pretty happy to make the prelim in first year of playing next year going to aim for better rank considering this year im around the 30k mark which is pretty trash. did you end up winning your finals?

• Russty_ says:

I managed to get through to 6 out of the 9 I was in mate..pretty happy, with 2497 this week…not even near the best lol

122. Don't Blush Baby says:

Any chance Strnadica getting named today

123. Defying_Madness says:

Who is more likely to score 11 more points than Martin. Rance or Ryan?

124. Hawks says:

Need either Fyfe or Dusty to score 165 as a captain for me to win.

Thinking Dusty.

Thoughts

• Go Hawks says:

Fyfe the Lone Mid at Freo Basically Neale out more ball for fyfe, at domain, Blakey out, fyfe in good form although you never know what FURL will do. Could Tag Dusty somehow or put fyfe forward toss of a coin but Fyfe because of him being the only freo mid with neale out and its at domain

• Joshua says:

Hope you went Fyfe, on track for 165!

125. The Ranger says:

Pedersen – NRoo might prove to be my worst trade of the year.
    And there's been some bad ones.

126. JohndJames says:

Along with the Dees just getting over the line today,I'm looking at winning six out of six Preliminary Finals and a 2550 + score,my best ever.

• Russty_ says:

Great week for you John, well done mate, good luck for next week too.

• JohndJames says:

Thanks Russty,couldn't have dreamt up a better ending for the season,if results go our way,might need your sainters to beat the Tigers for us next week,so we don't have to play Swans or Port away first up in the finals.

• Tibor says:

sounds reason enough to take the lids off a few well done.

Just get another six wins next week and then settle in to watch the Dees in the finals

• JohndJames says:

Yes that would be nice Tibor,I have three favorite leagues that I'm in,so if I win those ones,I'll be happy,If we get to the finals,[we still need to beat the Pies to make sure we do],I'm a bit worried about having to play Sydney at Sydney first up,if it pans out that way,but at least we won't be favorites.

• Tibor says:

Love to see them against Richmond at the MCG. Have had a great recent history against them there and had them on toast this year until Nankervis killed us in the last 15 minutes only because we lost a lone ruck who was only Spencer very early on.

I reckon with Max back we get them especially as Rance can't get near Hogan one on one…

• neil Demons Delight says:

yeah great effort I also on track for best season score25 plus but bring on the finals we can beat port and tiges but swans will be tough

127. Ja191 says:

we are absolutely tearing freo a new one

128. Hubba says:

The Nank tons up as solo ruck….. been a while

129. Joshua says:

Trade in Zaharakis against freo or Beams against the roos?

130. gator59 says:

some big scores through out my ten leagues.. biggest score i have seen is 2752

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Yeah huge stuff out there
      Was in 6 finals scored just undet 2500 and got smoked by almost 200 in two leagues lol.
      Bloody INP knocked me off by 6 in the throttledome.
      Nank solo v Dusty.
      Gave it a crack and a red hot go but
      Missed it by that much.

• Iamme says:

Yeah that was Sugar Ray, even though I made my best score of the season 2,539, he still beat me by a whopping 213 points!…. Lost 3 of my prelims.

• NovemberFoxtrotIndia says:

Not sure how many leagues Sugar Ray is in but he nutted me in one league this week.
      Still got through in the other one though…only to find out I'm up against Sugar Ray next week…oh well..

• RobDogs says:

Sugar Ray smoked me too! Through in 6 leagues with 2551, but out of 4. What a round. One game I drew, but finished top in minor round so think that gets me in. How many leagues was Sugar Ray in, seems half the forums played him?

• Derek says:

Could be some big changes at top of the rankings

131. Bluebagger says:

Who out of Sloane and Beams if Adams or Neale don't get up?

• INPieman says:

West Coke has to win to have any chance of making the finals. Surely they spend the week working out how to stop Sloane. Beams in great form

• frogger says:

Beams vs North shapes as Warnie vs Cullinan. Would honestly go Beams there, Nth consistently give up big mid scores.

132. Don't Blush Baby says:

Got beat in all my 3 cash leagues with scores of – 2596,2676 and 2706 – the Bont,Max & S.Martin really hurt me, any way bring 2018 – can't wait with some massive premo changes to most teams – C'lest la vie

• Rocksta says:

Man, that is stiff.
      I won the prelim in my cash league by 10 points with a score of 2518. That's my best score of the year.

• frogger says:

Gee, that's rough.
      Those with Bont (me included, and Gawn, too) were almost a man down with so many other widely held premo mids knocking out big scores.
      Was always going to be an uphill batlle once Bont stained the underpant, I guess.

• Swans2012 says:

Feel your pain but went a step further, with Bont Gawn and harbrow (21) slaughtering my round, Selwood to n jones (133) got me through a couple of tight ones though so happy overall with 3/6 wins considering the massive scores others came up against…

• The Ranger says:

That Jones trade is working well so far eh Swans? Nice pick.

• Swans2012 says:

Yeah so far so good, would never have considered him for a season, but these last 2 point to prove games he seemed the best option at the price point…now I just need one more out of him…

• The Ranger says:

Ouch! That's tough DBB.
      Catch ya next year.

133. TOPHAWK1 says:

2338 for me after the major prelims.

Not good enough. Period.

Lost all 3. No excuses. Got beaten by better coaches.

Obviously not happy with the outcome, but satisfied I caused a bit more damage after last year's straight sets departure.

It has been fantastic to play in some of the best SC leagues in the nation.

I will go away, lick my wounds, and return EVEN TOUGHER in 2018.

Good luck to Anthony, Ryan, and Luke next week. Well played guys.

See you guys next year!

TOPHAWK

134. TOPHAWK1 says:

2338 for me after the major prelims.

Not good enough. Period.

Lost all 3. No excuses. Got beaten by better coaches.

It has been fantastic to play in some of the best SC leagues in the nation.

I will go away, lick my wounds, and return EVEN TOUGHER in 2018.

Good luck to Anthony, Ryan, and Luke next week. Well played guys.

See you guys next year!

TOPHAWK

• gator59 says:

That's the way Toppa. Well done mate.. Weré gunna see some interesting structures next year

• Go HAWKS says:

Well done TopHawnk at least you can improve on this year. And so will the HAWKS with a new young side cant wait bring on 2018. Don't forget to pick Titch as first player next year unless Dusty or Kelly Join the Hawks

• TOPHAWK1 says:

There will be radical new structures. Cheers Gator. Hope you havn't spent all your winnings from last week mate!

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Good one hawk.
          Fought it out right to the end.
          already worked out my theme 4 next year.

Class of 2013.
          Will have at least 6 probaby more from that draft class.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I'm looking at Bont, Kelly, Cripps, Billings, Laird, Williams, Crouch, Merrett, Nank, and a few more

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Thanks Trigger. I will take stock, and have a good hard look at the 2013 draft class AND at the upcoming 2018 draft.

Surely some serious talent to come through after this year's rookie drought.

Your write ups this year have been sensational. I try to post when I can, but you take it to a new special level.

See you next year mate!

• gator59 says:

Nah mate haven't spent it Toppa .. Not so good today though

• Tyruddanaut says:

Done for the season are ya? How are you going rank wise? Is it too low or are you just not focusing on it?

• Russty_ says:

Bad luck Hawker, was looking forward to coming up against you in the supreme Pine Lodge league next week :)
      You should enter more leagues next season so you have more chances, it's like a slick pick mate,go for maximum games.. I managed to get through 6 of the 9 I'm in with 2497 which is not that great a score this week apparently haha

• The Ranger says:

Congrats on a good year Tophawk, catch ya next time around

• Russty_ says:

Hey Paul, you ended up on 3114, very respectable year mate..better than 203,716 other players as of this week…:)

135. Swans2012 says:

Somehow found my way through a couple of tough games and into 3/6 grannies with a 2406. Who'd have thought holding nank and Fyfe would get me over the line.
    Particularly happy to have a shot at the title in the jr cashy and trigs happy place! Now hopefully Neale comes back this week and I can field a decent team…..

136. Tyruddanaut says:

Hard to believe that 2,300 is 66,000 in ranking

137. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Titus 4 short of 2800 for the round.
    There is massive then there is that!!

138. Iamme says:

Just checked the top score 2796, Sugar Ray 2752 finished 38th for the week…Anybody know the all time highest Super coach score for a round?

139. Joshua says:

Which MID to trade in this week? Can afford any MID except for Ablett and Crouch, current mids are: Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Hannebery, Neale, Adams and Bontompelli.

140. Lazza says:

Gee, looking at the winning scores you guys are posting I can't believe I got through to 4 GFs with only 2531.. Highest score to beat me was Ben / Grow a Pear with 2603 in Jocks Elite 5 league.. Up against Stephen / Rainman in Jock Straps and 2 more cash leagues.. well at least I'm guaranteed some cash for 2nd place in both ..

Sad to see some of the stalwarts fall at the last hurdle… looking forward to re engaging next season..

• Russty_ says:

2531, isn't an only score Lazza, it's exceptional mate, how often do we get to say we scored a 2500?…so you deserve to be in 4 GF's, and I hope you get over the line next week .
      I got smoked by some big ole over 2600 scores this week, but got through most of em, 6 out of 9, 66% win ratio ain't too bad :).

I'll be trying my best next week but whatever happens, then it's the season for Beach. Beers and Barbeques wahoo!

• Lazza says:

I was rapped when I busted 2500.. then I saw there were 15,149 better scores … hence 'only'
        Jumped a massive 1 position to 1,133.

Good luck with your GFs Russty, kick the shite out of 'em

141. The Ranger says:

What a crazy finals series!
    I got 1953 last week with seven outs and followed it up with a 2492 this week which is still only a top 11% score!
    I can't remember a higher scoring round ever.

142. 2018 says:

The Big Kabosh must be celebrating right now about 500 points ahead with 1 rnd left. Has been up the top all year. Well Played and Well deserved Mate

143. JohndJames says:

My team 'Black Flag' scored 2618,beating my best score from last year of 2459,won my six finals,the scores of my opponents ranged from 2375 to 2513 which any other weekend would have been a winning score,some huge scores going around,moved on up 558 places to 1905 ranking,my best ever in the four years of playing.I still can't believe the season that I'm having.To everyone else who made it through,you also must have had some huge scores,good luck for the GF.

144. Sugargum says:

trade in Beams or Kelly?

145. Big G says:

I scored 2650 with wait for it,.. David Myers!!

146. Russty_ says:

I was just reading a Herald Sun article and Sugar Ray who scored 2752 this week,is Jay Clark from the Herald Sun, that's why so many guys played him this week..and most lost if not all.

Note to self, don't enter any Leagues next season with AFL industry insiders in them, barring Jock and his crew of course.

• NovemberFoxtrotIndia says:

Bring it on I say…
      Character building! !

• gator59 says:

WTF .. I thought HS employees were not allowed in SC

• Russty_ says:

Hey Gator, well Mark Robinson is too, and several others playing SC, I just don't know if it's fair to the general public, those guys are privvy to exclusive information about players and clubs that we never get to hear about, seems to me they have an unfair advantage playing in a game where money is at stake.
        Seems like a conflict of interest to me.

• gator59 says:

Totally agree Russty,, But how do you find out who is who in your leagues!!

• Russty_ says:

There's generally a list of "celebrity" players you can invite if it's your league you created, at the start of the season, or the creator of the League you join can invite if it's not yours. If you happen to enter a league with any industry insiders in it, you can leave the League before the season starts and join another.

If you join a League someone else created they could invite any of those guys up until the last week before it starts.
            Next season I'm only joining Leagues with guys from here and hopefully none of them will have any of those Herald Sun-insiders in them, the only celebrities I'd want in my team are Jock, Crouching, Patch etc.

• hedski says:

I think they are exempt from winning the $50k Russ and they obviously shouldn't be in one of your cash leagues.

• Russty_ says:

Oh cheers Hedski, I don't usually do cash leagues, still doesn't stop them screwing your season though when you come up against someone like Clark this past week, as far as making your Final goes.

• hedski says:

Yeah as you said depends on who created the league, if they can't fill it they pull in a hs pleb.

• gator59 says:

Well said Russty and Hedski

• gator59 says:

While we are on the HS, I rang them today to cancel my subscription and all info on SC and they said i could but still have a contract with foxtel that runs to next April and costs me $40 a month..

You could say that shite hit the fan there.. I seen the money coming out of my bank account which is what i thought was for sc but she tells me i have subscibed to foxtel and is a binding contract…. I don't have foxtel on any devices that i have not even TV

So straight to the bank I goes and cancelled my bank details so they can't take any more funds for something i don't have

The sheila from HS said that i can't do that and my reply was just watch me and you won't get blood out of a stone
            She also says that i will rerceive e mails if i don't pay and my reply was so fuc#ing what… She hung up on me i don't know why..

• Russty_ says:

Shit mate that's pretty bizarre!…I've been subscribing to Herald Sun for a few years now and it's only ever been around $28 per month…so are they charging you $28 + $40 for Foxtel or just $40?

Sounds like they've signed you up for the Subscription + the Fox Footy live streaming app as well (that's what people can get when they don't have Fox but still want to watch live games via their device).

If they've signed you onto that without your knowledge, you're entitled to a full refund mate.

• gator59 says:

Yeah paying the $28 a month plus $40 for this subscription..for foxtel.. Have been paying the $28 odd dollars a month for the last few years

Just have to pay more attention to what i subscribe to next year

You could say i'm not happy Jan

• hedski says:

Shit yeah that sux Gator, as Russty said I have hs subscription, $28 a month, gives u SC gold, I can watch all afl on my phone thru afl live app costs nothing as a Telstra customer (pre paid not a plan). Give em hell mate.

• Why kick. says:

SC gold is a rip off. Use footy wire for player scores. Most advice via stories are crap. Jock and his boys info are ample.

147. JohndJames says:

My last two trades for the year,Ryan to Tuohy and Cousins to Buzza,moving Brown to mids bench,Nank fwd E and Buzza goes to ruck E. Wasn't going to use the trades at first,but decided that would be a waste,what do you think ?

• Russty_ says:

May as well John, if it helps, and there's no week after this one to trade…I'd consider Nank starting though if that Solvol stays out though, good luck mate.

• JohndJames says:

Thanks Russty same to you,funny I wasn't even worried going into the Preliminaries,but now that I'm in the GF ,it's a different feeling all together,don't want to get anything wrong.

• The Ranger says:

Don't trade early John, save one for mid-round or to cover a late out.
      In a GF you want to be able to use a good score from the bench if need be and that may mean you have to trade for a donut.
      If you've used both trades and have a 140 on the bench you'd be kicking yaself.

• JohndJames says:

So maybe keep the trades for now,wait and see how things pan out and use them as needed.

• The Ranger says:

I'd suggest using one of them if it means you can get a good loophole option in place John.
          And then keeping one up your sleeve to be used if need be.