SuperCoach RD22: LekDog’s Cheat Sheet

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 17, 2017 • views: 5271

CheatSheet Round22

G’day Community,

Welcome to a daily fantasy inspired Cheat Sheet. The long for season is cooked for some.. but the magic of Draftstars and CoachKings gives us all a clean fantasy slate every week.

The most important part of this week’s cheat sheet is the black mark of shame I’ve placed on Gary Ablett. I love him and he’s the best player I’ve ever seen, we can never pick him in long form fantasy again. It’s just too painful.

On the flipside, I am so damn excited to play Draftstars and CoachKings this weekend and moving into the future. I can pick Gary and probably not be dissapointed in these formats, that my friends is something special.

DraftStars Feature Contest

ENTER GRADUATES CONTEST HERE – RIDICULOUSLY EASY CASH TO BE WON

ENTER FREE ACADEMY CONTEST HERE – $100 PRIZE POOL

Maybe I’m on a high from coming 20th in the graduates competition over the weekend. I must say that given the rank of Jock, Higgo and myself I’ll be putting together an investigatory panel headed by Patch to ensure that nothing suss went down over the weekend.

In terms of Supercoach, we can talk in the comments and on Twitter because there is just no way any of you have trades left.

ClickToViewSuperCoach

Love you all, Lekdog.

P.S Ross Lyon can get stuffed.

REMEMBER: FANTASY INSIDER LINEUP CRUNCHER CAN BE USED FOR FREE THIS WEEK!

Use the best DFS team building tool in Australia for FREE here

DFS_post_cruncher

Tags: , ,

1. Corey says:

As a Geelong supporter I feel with every week that Gaz continues to miss, the more his value falls and the more likely the Suns will give him up

2. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Lek would advise against picking up abs this week in any formst as he is Mia again.
    It is good though that u can pick him in the other formats when he plays and know he is not going to ruin your side as he usually scores well when on the park.

You guys are in that space all the time. Had to crack it for a top finish. Was inevitable.

3. Paul says:

Last trade left, axe Harbrow for Adams or Hurley? My opponent has neither.

4. SmoothCriminals says:

Community, I need your help! I have to sack either Gazbot or Neale this week. I have cash so I can afford anyone, but I'm wondering out of these two, who would be most likely to come back next week and help me win a grand final?

5. The Ranger says:

Couldn't agree more with Ablett getting the dreaded black rectangle.
    He's done a Rocky on me this year.

Still ,we should all take a little time out to acknowledge the service he's given us over the years.
    He wasn't called the Little Master for no reason, he really was an astonishingly consistent player in his prime.

Thanks for the memories Gazza.

• INPieman says:

Never thought I'd see a better player than his dad. I think he's drawn level with the man they called God

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Agree.

Fairly decent gene pool there though pool must have been drained by the time Nath came along.

• Stirlsy says:

Nath just didn't have the heart for the game, I saw a lot of the old man play used to go to games just to watch him in his hayday, sorry but still the old man in front for mine, probably because iv seen him live a lot more then Gaz live think iv only seen him 3 times.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Did you watch Nathan? Kid was oozing with talent. He didn't want it enough to give it a decent crack. He was practically forced into the Falcons team.

• Stirlsy says:

Not live but yep like i said didn't have the heart for the game or didn't want it same thing.

• neil Demons Delight says:

trig /pies sorry disagree old mans better in fact best I have seen

• Russty_ says:

Gazza junior, a true champ of the game and most dominant Supercoach scorer for a heck of a lot of years, he will be missed.

• LEKD0G says:

A moment of silence

I bet I forget this and try and convince people that he'll be good next year

6. Swans2012 says:

Ok so as a cheap left field Selwood replacement, I'm considering n jones, was averaging 105 to round 12, injured 60 in 13, came back from injury with a 57 ( did have 29 disposals though) and a 128 last week. Here's where it gets tasty though, brissy this week and Collingwood next……I can see a pair of 120's as he turns back the clock in a team looking to prove there finals worth….. it's down to him, Gibbs,Prestia or rocky…..

• SC_Kev7 says:

A 57 from 29d makes me nervous, Swans! Prestia has his tail up, decent pod in your finals

• Swans2012 says:

Yeah I hear you, but likewise Prestias 3 (or 4) 100's from 20 games makes me even more nervous! I think it was 8 100's and 2 90's from 14 for jones, only one other poor score when has had 23 or more posies. At the end of the day if I wasn't cash and trade poor I'd be considering neither!

• SC_Kev7 says:

Haha, yeah, desperate times and all that. You're definitely right, Jones never really been on my radar as an option, but should get the job done for you over the next 2 weeks

7. Daniel Z says:

Who was the first black rectangle?

8. Stirlsy says:

Great work Lekdog and thx for yr inputs throughout the year.

9. Stirlsy says:

Yes Lek Swab both Higgo and Jock there form wasn't that good before last week.

10. Mike says:

Have 2 trades left and will need to use them this week, any thoughts is massively appreciated…

1. Jelwood > Beams
    2. Neale > J.Kelly

ORRRRR

1. Jelwood > Rocky
    2. Neale > M.Crouch

Cheers community.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

• Whatyasmokin says:

Number two. Crouch in stellar form and in only 5% of teams. Rocky capable of going huge too. Risk it for the biscuit.

• redherringfc says:

Good trades either way.

I've held Rocky throughout and don't have the other 3 so go with the 1st option.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

2 for me.

Rocky is coming good and has a huge ceiling.

Matt Crouch is in surreal form. At home this week and low ownership.

If you need big points to catch up in rank, or get through tough prelims where you feel a bit "monstered" then that is my preferred option. Option one is the "play safe" option.

Good luck mate.

11. Help says:

Need some help guys – last trade

Neale out for:

Beams, Parker, Treloar or Hurley

• SC_Kev7 says:

Beams has a soft fortnight ahead. I'd take Parker though

• Big G says:

Even though Hurley is pretty consistent, generally speaking midfielders are more reliable. Of the four, Beams most likely to go big, but then again playing for Brisbane also most likely to have a stinker. Sometimes I simply go for whoever has the best average for the year.

• Whatyasmokin says:

Beams.

12. josh1010101 says:

Any thoughts on Stephen Coniglio as a POD?

• DamTreloar says:

I've been really keen to bring him in as well..I really like him as a POD

• Stirlsy says:

Really like this guy, but has Cats down there last rnd, should tonne up this week its the week after that might be the problem.

13. DamTreloar says:

My backline is Adams Hibberd Shaw Laird Doc and Hurley..I am full premo,although I have Rocky in mids as well..only have 2 trades left..should I use both trades to upgrade Heater and Rocky,or just Shaw..and who to…I've been thinking about McVeigh

• SC_Kev7 says:

Suss out your opponent DT and see how you stack up. Would hate to be hit by injuries/resting next week and you've traded when you didn't need to

14. SCamatuer89 says:

Love your work as always Lek!

Big decision for me coming up this week. If Greenwood fails as loophole emergency on Friday night who do I replace Tom Lynch with.

I have $463,100 to spend and already have Yeo, Dahl and Buddy..

Daniher, I. Smith, Steele, Higgins…the list could go on and on!

Any help would be appreciated.

15. Big G says:

I have 2 trades left and J selwood and lachie Neale still in my team. Myers as my bench coverage.

Would you

a) Simply trade out selwood and Neale and leave the Nank in the ruck position. My opponent has Kreuzer OR
    b) Trade out Selwood and the Nank for Kreuzer leaving Myers as the cover for Neale for the week.

I only considered Option b because I am worried Kreuzer will go big and Myers can scrap enough points for the week leaving me with the option to play Neale in GF week if he plays next week. Big decision.

• Ostrich says:

I think Neale is finished for the year.

• Stirlsy says:

He was on news in perth last nite said he was hoping to play last game but he will require surgery to both groins at end of season so agree i think he is finished as well nothing worth playing for.
        And with Groin surgery it will be delayed start to preseason again for him probably later then this year.

• Whatyasmokin says:

Nank can potentially* score decent, whereas Myers can't.

If Neale doesn't come back you are stuck with Myers for the last two games.

I'd trade Jelwood and Neale, unless it's highly likely Neale is back next week but just didn't pass fitness test this week or something.

edit – Looking at above information…..neale is done get rid of him and Jelwood.

*I hereby declare I will not take responsibility for Nank scoring badly, nor does this comment, or any other comments by myself represent Jock Reynolds or his affiliates :)

16. James says:

3 trades, $74k left. Grundy for Kruezer or Ryder? If I go Ryder then I can upgrade Selwood to anyone up to $509k. If I go Kruezer then I can upgrade Selwood to anyone up to $490k. It would have to be out of Sloane, Gray, Ebert or Hannebery.

17. JoSe says:

MICHAEL HURLEY OUT!!!! SUPERCOACH SIGNIFICANT http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/bombers-blo

18. Shake n bake says:

Hurley out calf compaint.

19. HarryO says:

there's a whisper bennell is named for freo… is it worth bringing him in for either jelwood or T J Lynch??

• Don't Blush Baby says:

He will be named, but now way Harry

• Whatyasmokin says:

A whisper? It's on the AFL official website team announcement :)

• Stirlsy says:

Defo playing its been out all week he was here in WA but no you will be very disappointed if you pic him up.
      Has played 4 games for peel and really did sfa in 3 of them then a bye and had 12 disposals and a couple of goals out the back on weekend, wait till next year be interesting how they price him for next year.

20. Shake n bake says:

Witherden back in.

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Extended though Shake, hopefully he plays for looping reasons

• Stirlsy says:

Not yet but im on the way to church to pray….. not sure how you do that tho
      I really need him or its all over for me.

21. Trev says:

Has anyone won a preliminary final with a dirty donut? !??! My boy hurls could and most likely will cost me the win☹️ Not his fault though I should have saved trades!!! Arrrrrrghhhhh!!!

22. John says:

Kreuzer or Ryder

23. Dave says:

Field Scharenberg or Harbrow?

24. Joshua says:

1 trade and 8k
    DEF: Adams, Docherty, Laird, Hibberd, Shaw, Scharenberg (Lloyd, Joel Smith)

MID: Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bontompelli, Hannebery, Witherden, Neale (Callum Brown, Hibberd, Cousins)

FWD: Macrae, Yeo, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Greene, Greenwood (Lynch GC, Eddy)

Should I
    1: trade Neale to Beams
    or
    2: trade Lynch to Rockliff allowing me to use Callum Brown as cover in forward (only position I don't have cover) and keep Neale on the bench hoping he plays in round 23?

25. Chompy says:

In line for my best sc finish somewhere in top 1000, playing brumbyfc in my league this week to reach the gf, I've been struck down with a bad case of analysis paralysis. I will be farewelling jelwood with my last trade and… rocky or Gibbs? Gibbs is the value safer option arguably… but…The Pig! Two rounds left for him to show contact value and if one squints enough looking through the cracked misshapen rose colored fun house window of doom he kinda might just win a lucky owner some league silverware and a higher finish placing! Or completely spud it and screw the end of my season right royally using a squid jig. So! Thoughts, votes? The Pig or the man with the my little pony tail, Gibbo?

26. Jimmy says:

Who to trade for Selwood out of Sloane, Hannebery, Ebert, Gray or Gibbs

• INPieman says:

Over a 2 week period I like Gray from that lot. Especially next week. He will slaughter the Suns at home

27. LetsGo says:

Last week I traded Merrett to Neale because I didn't want to cop the donut. I'm thinking this week I might have to make that trade again (Neale to Merrett) considering that Neale is being rested. Should I go with Merrett (again) or should I try for a POD in rocky?

28. Bluebagger says:

Rockliff or Beams?

29. Pman says:

I used my last trade last week to bring in Lachie Neale for Jelwood and he rewards me with a pus filled 44 which cost me a loss in 3 of 4 cash leagues and now he's out injured this week which means I'm pretty much cooked for the Pre-Lims this weekend and back to the drawing boards for 2018. Geez it's been a difficult SC season this year!

30. TOPHAWK1 says:

Riding the razor's edge this week going into major prelims.

After reading the teams when dropped tonight, I quickly realised my only mid/def bench cover was gone! Conor Glass was bloody omitted!

Then it got worse, Michael Hurley out with a calf…..WTF!! Staring at a donut going into a prelim…….

I kept scrolling down in a panic……….and then Melbourne v Brisbane was up- Alex Witherden…. IN!! Ohhh fark yeah!!!

This is what has come down to folks. I have a side on the park. I have no cash, no trades, no bench cover, and riding my luck until the finish line.

Good luck all!

• Russty_ says:

Good luck mate…make sure you get to next week so I can smash ya then LOL

• Swans2012 says:

I'm in the process of burning my last trade then I'm in your boat hawk(although a bit of cover)! It comes down to my favourite poker saying "a chip, a seat", all you need is to be alive in the game still, then it's in the lap of the (evil) Supercoach gods

31. James says:

Robbie Gray or Dan Hannebery??

32. ahmad rubas says:

docherty adams laird rance lloyd ryan (newman scharenberg)
    danger bont kelly murphy fyfe parker treloar kennedy (greenwood witherden cunningham)
    mumford gawn (strnadica)
    macrae dahlhaus steele nank buddy greene (stewart eddy)

102k 4 trades left what should i do?
    my non playing players are newman cunningham strnadica eddy obviously strnadica is my swingset with nank if any rucks go down and trading out eddy will only net me 40k so maybe trading newman and cunningham may be the way to go with newman to junker and cunningham to dusty which allows me to put someone like jpk at m9 and loophole. is this the right idea to really maximise points in midfield or would it be better strengthing my backline and forward line as they are very weak.

or if anyone has any other ideas to help out please let me know very confused with what to do for this prelim final

• Hawks says:

Enviable position, and yes I think those trades make sense.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Ahmad, I'd trade Newman down to Junkyard or whatever his name is..leave your midfield as is and trade out Nank for Ryder.
      Nank's output lately has been mediocre, you need someone there averaging 100.

• ahmad rubas says:

thanks for the idea i might actually do that i keep my ruc fwd swing and get rid of nank terrible scores

• Lazza says:

I'd be dumping Steele or Nank for Ryder up fwd. you can loophole Scharenburg & Ryan.
      Haven't done the math on your cash.. if not enough cash trade out Newman replace with non playing $102k DPP rookie whose team plays late, which will allow the DEF loophole. It will give u cash to upgrade the following week if u get through.

33. Don't Blush Baby says:

IMO, trade Newman down,upgrade Ryan to Hibbered,Howe.,Martin or Mcdonald to whatever suits you team

34. Relton says:

Gentleman!
    Nank>Ryder
    or
    Scharenberg>T.adams
    going schaz to adams means i can bench either lloyd or shaw who are in ppoor form.
    Biting the bullet on Jelwood to rocky. lets hope he has a couple more tons in him.

35. garfield_da_cat says:

Last trade left for the year and $12,600 in the bank currently my team is
    Def- Doc, Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Hibberd(melb) bench-Hurley and Witherdin
    Mid- Danger, Titch, Neale, Sloane, Zorko, Zerret, Fyfe, Greenwood bench- Selwood, Cousins, Lloyd(gws)
    Rucks- Grundy, Gawn bench- Strndika
    FWD- Macrae, Yeo, Buddy, Dahlhaus, Daniher, Heeney, bench- Parsons and Smith

I get that my team has more holes than a block of swiss cheese, Hurley Grundy Selwood and Neale all outs this week but i would appreciate any advice on who to use my last trade on?

• Russty_ says:

Joel or Scott on your bench?
      If it's Joel you're in trouble as you already know, I'd go Grundy to Mumford or Martin..and just cop the 1 donut.
      You need a Mid / def in the mids, think about that next time bud. Good luck.

• garfield_da_cat says:

Joel on my bench. Is it worth trading out Grundy when he is going to be back in next week? If i trade out Jelwood i can put Neale on my bench and hope that Ross plays him next week and Grundy is also in next week that way i still only cop the 1 donut.

• Russty_ says:

Hey mate, you could go Joel, but who would you get for him?…Maybe Rocky?…depends I guess if you can get a good mid for $486,200, trust your gut and pick whoever you think will get you the win this week, otherwise next week doesn't matter.

Some mid options for ya…..
          Gray
          Billings
          Jordan Lewis
          Ebert
          Dunstan
          Hanners
          N.Jones
          Gibbs
          Douglas

If you go Rocky, and survive the week, you could maybe pick up Crouch next week if Neale's still out.

Good luck Mr Cat

36. Russty_ says:

One of my favourite comments of the year from the mystical Crouching one…."Majak Daw…He shit" LOL

37. name says:

Hurley to Howe or p.o.d SAVAGE (consistent last 5 rounds)
    RESPOND PLS

38. Goanna toes says:

By trading out J. Selwood I have only $516.9K and fall short by $300 in securing Beams (Already have Rocky). Who would you trade in of the following and why please. Cotchin, Kennedy or Sloane?

• Fruity pop says:

DEFINATELY Cotchin. He has been honest. Kennedy has missed two weeks with a hammie and perhaps he should have missed another but the Swans have rushed him back and Sloane, as good as he is, will be tagged and may also be rested next week.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Cant argue with your logic fruity but goanna have you considered a guy by the name of Coniglio?

Just another option to consider.

39. Joshua says:

Beams, Parker, Murphy, Merrett or Rockliff?

• James T says:

Hey Josh, I'd go Parker for sure mate. He's the gun mid of a team steamrolling their way home to finals. But in order of risk I'd go Parker, Merrett, Beams, Murphy, Rocky. Good luck mate

40. Will says:

What mids does everyone think will have DPP status next year ?

41. Paul says:

Merrett or Zorko for Neale?

42. Frothies says:

Mum says 'Don't put the cart before the horse' and I know I have to win this weekend before the SC GF, but I am concerned that if I select MCrouch instead of say, Oliver that MCrouch might be rested in the final round especially if Crows win tonight.

43. Ballsnall says:

My last trade. Selwood for Oliver or The Bont

44. Snail says:

Draft league question boys.
    Do I run with Daniher (against CARL) and hope he kicks a bag or Mclean (against PORT)?
    I'm truly conflicted, any insight would be greatly welcomed!

45. Adam Clarke says:

Alright lads im in a bit of a pickle and need some help,
    i have 2 trades left with ablett and neale both out. my original plan was to trade ablett out for matt crouch and then upgrade nank to ryder but now that neale is out my plan goes to shit, any suggestions?

• gator59 says:

Trade abblett to crouch for now and use bench cover for neale….that's if you have any even via dpp's

at least nank is a warm body and save other trade for next week

46. Doc says:

Last chance/last trade.

Big prelim this week.

Comes down to (me) Greenwood, J.cameron, Shaw, JJK, Zerrer, STEVEN + 1 more. V (opponent) Jacobs, J.Stewart, Nyhuis, Heppell, Murphy, Steele, Fyfe.

Can get anyone under 495k (any line through DPPs).
    Billings, Rocky, Roberton, or any other suggestions.

Leaning towards Billings.