SuperCoach Finals Week 2: FAT CHEW

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 12, 2017 • views: 4570

greene

A SPECIAL FLY-KICK EDITION OF THE CHEW THIS WEEK.

Dangerfield shapes again as a popular C choice.. interesting to see which way those with Josh Kelly’s 132 SC on the loop go? I’d take it,
Let’s discuss the issues of the SC round in progress – and continue the discussion in tomorrow’s $2 Hawks v North buy-in (70 entries so far, prize pool up to $600.. do the mathematics on that folks!)

ENTER HERE QUICK

The Contest

OR ENTER ACADEMY CONTEST HERE

Let’s chew some fat chunks.

Tags: ,

1. Rowen says:

Needing a MID and FWD to carry thru till the end. 937k

Mid options: Sloane Gibbs Menegola Hannerbury
    Fwd options: Steele Sicily Gunston JJK

Sloane gets tagged next week.
    Gibbs likely tagged this week.
    Menegola lacks ceiling of others.
    Hanners not near 2016 form.

Steele loves a tackle but can go 60ish.
    Sicily is ultimate hail-mary.
    JJK got 101 from 5, and 97 from 6. Up against Jones.

Thoughts anyone?? I like Sloane this week but need balance of not limiting my chances next week.

• Dan says:

I'm thinking through the same thing with my Mid's at the moment. Could an option be to bring Sloane in, and loop him next week (i.e. see how he goes on Friday night as to whether you keep his score)?

• Rowen says:

Thanks Dan. Yeah, that was the plan…. not sure if I'll end up with anyone to cover him even if he goes terrible next week. Reckon I'm leaving towards Sloane & Steele as the best options

• Tyruddanaut says:

Menegola is a star and will go well without Jelwood in the side. More Mid time.
      JJK is on and off so it's a risk, but he'll avg 15 more than those fools

• Imgonnalose says:

Had the exact same problem, and went Sidebottom and Wallis. Thoughts community?

2. JohndJames says:

Have the VC on Danger and the C on Mitch,can loop if need be,but will have to be quick since I will have to put Witherden on to the field in time if needed.The carnage of this round just goes to show that no matter how much research you do at the start of the season or how well you manage your trades,nothing can protect you from massive outs like we have experienced this weekend.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Actually, I could've been safe if I traded Dahl to Gawn last week and then waited to get English out for Strndica. Everything wouldve been fine. BUT NOW IM OUT OF TRADES AND EVERYONES INJURED AND I CAN BARELY FIELD 21

3. Stirlsy says:

Danger into Gawn for me with vc and C
    Opponents both have 22 and one of them can loop so its going to be a challenge with my 21 on the plus side he had Wallis last nite v my Macrae so im up atm.

4. SC_Kev7 says:

Shoutout to Crouching for the textbook fly kicking lessons he gave Toby. Shouldn't have been done on the field, but credit where it's due

5. bUCKET__ says:

Macrae y u do dis

6. GoSainters says:

Hi All. Thinking of taking Newman off the field to loophole and get Shaw's score. I reckon Ryan and Lloyd (on field) will beat that. Thoughts please community.

7. neil Demons Delight says:

Greene is such a flog Gws doesn't need him constantly doing these acts They could really win it with him on song wake up flog

• Russty_ says:

He really is the King of Flogs, he seems to have an uncontrollable urge to be a dickhead.
      Talented kid though, it's a shame, cause he'll always be known as a hothead flog instead.

• Steeeve says:

He's a flog alright. Also the type of arsey bloke who could win a final off his own boot.

• Russty_ says:

True, I had him as my Captain in a Supercoach grand final some years back and he scored 135 and came through for me, I think..he needs to stop doing flog acts though, could be suspended again this week.

8. matt says:

ok – had the VC on bont, now trying to decide – danger or dusty for the big C? Normally would just go danger and set and forget, but opponent has the C on dusty, so I'm thinking I should do the same just to neutralise (as I should win otherwise, unless danger spud's it and martin has a ripper)…

9. Big G says:

Did Mitch Wallis die in the last half – not one possession for 2 quarters??

10. Tyruddanaut says:

Franklin (VC) on track for 200. C'mon, you can do it. I've almost forgotten about Dahlhaus and Macrae.
    That reminds me, Bulldogs have too many Midfielders, even Bont has to play forward for most of the game. They need to communicate with the hawks who have to put their forwards eg. Sicily and Rioli in the midfield.

11. Defying_Madness says:

Everyone who fielded Ryan over Lloyd wouldn't be too happy right now including myself

• Russty_ says:

.Freo are getting reamed…you'd think he would've gotten a fair bit of it…disappointing!

• bUCKET__ says:

Took Ryan over Heater on the bench :'(

• Russty_ says:

I've got him and Rance…both having bloody shockers, Harry Taylor's killing Rance in the contest.

• Defying_Madness says:

I have Rance also, at this point I just want Ryan to get close to Lloyds score so I don't feel too bad.

• bUCKET__ says:

7 scores under 70 at this point for me. I was pretty happy Rance junked it up, he's been my best in def. So much for a fit team haha

• neil Demons Delight says:

Rance is so disappointing really all year like Treloar not sc relevant anymore but none the less a gifted player as is Treloar same could be said for Brown when at Collingwood always one of the first picked but hopeless in sc . Point is these players and Riewolt of tiges are great club people but not for me anymore

• Russty_ says:

Agree Neil, I reckon Rance is past his best, Supercoach-wise, he's always been hopeless in scoring in the AFL Fantasy game.
        I'll be going with a younger gun next season, maybe not such a 'Renaissance Man' as what Rance apparently is…for someone who focuses more of their energy on actually playing good Footy.

• Defying_Madness says:

Had Heeney, Franklin, Hanners, Fyfe and then Ryan. Would have been perfect if I fielded Lloyd. Thanks for the 32 points Ryan

• Keenbutclueless says:

fielded him over Mills. I am benching Roberton to get Mills 94. Stuck with Ryan's 32. I just know Roberton will go big and make it worse.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I fielded him over Sharenberg and I still feel bad

12. Russty_ says:

Omg Buddy's goin nuts!…hope you had the VC on him Hedski, could be your get out of jail free card mate :)

13. Derek says:

Putting out fires all over the place means I've made my last trade and will now finish the season with Darcy at R2. Didn't even manage to finish season at Full Premium.

Anyone play EPL fantasy. Season Starts tonight. Anyone have a league I can join?

14. Joshua says:

Traded in Neale over Kelly.. Happy he's getting the stinker game out of his system in time for my week off ;)

15. Russty_ says:

Good stuff with your Cats mate, hope Tigers lose badly this week and get down on confidence so my Sainters can smoke em next week.

• hedski says:

Rance came good, massive last half to post 90 odd.
      Looks like I'll lose my cash semi but never expected to win fielding 20.
      Bad feeling about the maggots v cats next week, they just seem to beat us.

16. Russty_ says:

Yeah GD, he's too inconsistent these days, and will probably start to get regular injuries soon also. He's getting on a bit now.
    I'm gonna try to avoid all tall key forwards next season.

17. BrownlowBoy says:

Parker instead of Neale :) finally a bit of luck.

18. Russty_ says:

Looking on the bright side of Ryan's rubbish score…if I combine Buddy's 164 and Ryan's poultry 32, that = 196.
    I expected Buddy to maybe get 85 and the same with Ryan, so not too bad really.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I try to do that every round and it means I'm rarely disappointed. For example in the Dogs, GWS game I had Macrae and Dahlhaus but it didn't matter because with Williams, Kelly and the Bont playing they averages about 97 each which is a decent score

19. ahmad rubas says:

decided to loophole lloyd and newman this week obviously not taking newman score but what are your thoughts on taking lloyd score or fielding greenwood

20. Tyruddanaut says:

Luke Ryan is my hero. Have my babies, Luke

21. Tyruddanaut says:

My cats, injured and traded. With every touch Danger gets, I feel worse

22. Tyruddanaut says:

Going with about 1,000 off 9 incl. Franklin Captain. I just found out that I am actually playing a league game against the Phantom this week and only slightly have the advantage over him.

23. Crow says:

i need some motivation guys. I've officially lost the will to continue playing this great game of supercoach. Last year, i was ranked 1st on all 3 of my leagues and made it to the preliminarily finals and my whole team underperformed and all 3 of my opponents teams all scored well above their averages. Same thing is happening again this year. I got beat in the first stage of the finals last week because my opponent only had 1 unique player score under 100 and those that did were all over 110' and some over 140. Then this round has been worse and it's only half way. Last night i had Kelly as VC and thought "yeah, finally got a bit of luck" despite Macraes sub par score, boy was a wrong, check the scores today Ryan 30 points, Parsons another 30 points if he even scored that (also great stroke of luck, reason why i fielded both was because I had all 3 Witherden, Duncan and Merrett) And who did my opponent have ? Neale less than 50 good right? Lol, Franklin over 160, Parker almost 130 and Fyfe over 110 in a team who got beat by almost 100 points and what's funny, i benched Ryan last week who got over 100 and Franklin got 40 odd and now look what's happened. He also had Dangerfield as captain who was seemingly having a quiet day but i knew that he would get a big score. Honestly guys, i am sorry for writing this, but i am just at a point where i've had enough because i don't expect to be the best and i know i am not, but when week after week you get bad luck and players from your opponent who have had bad games all of a sudden hit giant scores, it just makes you wonder "what's the point playing the game when you can't enjoy it anymore".
    I just hope that my remaining players have good games and i get just a little bit of luck going my way but i highly doubt it.

• Keenbutclueless says:

I hear you. Playing for league glory can do that to you. I switched my attention to playing for rank. I still enter leagues, but with a focus on rank, it's only my own bad luck or judgement calls that go pear-shaped that upset me. Still play leagues, but far more sanguine about the outcome, and my opponents good luck worries me far less.
      One thing this year was Derek started a JR Community Group. Maybe get the same group of players you play in a league with to play in a group instead. It would mean that one match is not so pivotal to the overall result.

• hedski says:

Great call keen, only focus on league when your well back in rankings, wins take care of them selves. I do love my cashies tho.

• Crow says:

So what exactly is the JR community group? It sounds interesting and a lot less stressful. But too sum up the night, i felt good because both my brisbane boys Rocky and Stef, both did me proud but as i predicted, my opponents players Murphy and Kennedy both dominated, and what was more salt to the wound, was that Kennedy was on minus 6 points at quarter time and he ended up getting 120 at the end of the night. So to sum it up im 280 odd points down with Gawn, Ross and Howe against Savage and Treloar, which means unless a miracle happens with late outs by Savage or Treloar highly unlikely or they really spud it up and my players get 130+ or a bit score over 170, im done for. But one thing i am proud of, is that i could potentially still get over 2200 with Duncan and Merrett both out and having to play Parsons and Ryan who only got 30 points each. Something positive that came out of this pathetic round of good fortune.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Crow, JR Community group is just like another league mate, an extra league to enter ( with a few thousand players in it) to have a separate ranking from the overall ranking.
          Best thing to do for maximum enjoyment is I reckon, don't worry about overall rankings so much as, getting into Leagues with mates or Jock Reynolds players who love Supercoach, so your league is full of players who care about it, and don't abandon or give up on it half way through. Nothing worse than that.

Leagues with good players in it, banter and competive fun is what I love about it…overall ranking comes second.

• neil Demons Delight says:

I am with you Keen.. I play for rank bit like a triathalon really just go for PBs and hope luck is on your side. I DID HOWEVER miss a trip to usa finishing 4th after helping a fallen lady competitor by a stride .They will do it to you.. it is interesting to note that imo the mids premos either won it or lost it..i.e. treloar vs murphy oliver vs swallow cheers Keen

• Derek says:

Jock…. here's another one for you mate.

• jockreynolds says:

I'm here for you Crowy. And other lads – I' here. We're all hear. We're reading what you're slapping down. We're next to you. We're whacking a collective set of large muscular arms around you and holding you. Just holding you.

You know – I was in a very similar frame of mind yesterday morning. The tides of fortune had once again washed my season away. The tin arse luck of my opponents once again stuffed me.

I then had a bit of a epiferny. I was down visiting a mate at the wrist, knuckle and finger hospital. His hands are completely stuffed. They're going to have to lop both of them off. As I walked in there I found him bashing away at his iPad with his elbow. Sweat drippin off his forehead. Look of fierce determination in his eyes. Nurses exchanging glances and nodding at me in a way that just said to me "let him go. Just let him do what he's trying to do."

I walked over to his bedside and you know what he was doing?

He was trying to execute the Josh Kelly loophole after his 123 on Friday night. With his elbow. With his bloody elbow friends. I asked his if he wanted a hand and you know what he said to me lads?

"Blow it out your arse Jock. My season's rooted. My hands are rooted. But you know what? I will never chuck it in mate. Never. Ever will I chuck in the towell."

I left him there bashing away at his Ipad screen. He was still trying just to hit the SuperCoach icon when I left him. He kept opening up Candy Crush which was the one beside it. But he kept trying. Kept Trying.

If a handless prick whose season stuffed can't inspire a man I don't know what can.

We should count ourselves extremely lucky folks.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Next year maybe you should take it less seriously. I was doing very badly one year so I chucked a team together in two seconds, came 60,000 for the year but at least it brought my enjoyment back. There is a competitive nature to this game but it's not designed for competition as much. Out of 200,000 teams on about 3% of us do the research and put time and effort in.
      Just play for fun, not to win and maybe your joy will return

24. Nicko says:

Panicking. Not sure whether to make this rash decision but I need to win this round.
    Original plan was to hold my last trade. Now I'm wondering whether to trade Merrett out for Heppell or Yeo. I currently have Josh Thomas on field.
    Other option is to trade out Roo for Nank (already had him), Betts or Burton, and swing Greenwood on field in Mid.
    Or just hold and let luck run it's course :/

25. Dans Donkeys says:

Hey Guys – awesome column, great advice – haven't posted all year until now – my moment of need!
    I need your help to beat a insufferable muppet in my league (aka my boss).
    VC is on Danger, I want to take his score (Titch currently captain).
    I can put Titch on bench, and loophole in J.Cousins from Hawks, but i also have E on J Selwood – if you have 2 emergencies selected – will it take Selwoods donut, as it takes lowest score in that scenario – or will it take Titch's score, as Selwood isn't playing.

Thanks heaps – you could be helping win the battler for good against evil!

• Keenbutclueless says:

You will get Titch's score.

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Keen's right Dan…you won't get Selwood's score cause in that situation, you get the lowest bench score if 2 players are playing on the bench..With Selwood not playing, it sees it as only 1 player on your bench.

26. INPieman says:

So I get home from torture. Played golf. I see Newman & Ryan combined scored as much as Pickett did last week by himself. WTF!? Even more angry

• hedski says:

A Picket is only good to drive a nail into to make a fence to keep shit pricks like Picket out.

27. Jim_bob321 says:

Great… Zorko C is working really well!

• Russty_ says:

Zorko the Crapnificent has been a bit underwhelming lately.

• hedski says:

Sweet, my opp got him in. Told him not to. Why would he listen to me when he's gonna smash me anyway.

• black st. boy says:

same here jimbob,was proj to win all 3 games by at least 200 but with spudorko capt and heaps under performing im gunna lose all 3.thats with 2 trades and $400k left!!!

28. B rian says:

Rocky is on my never again list, But I think im going to get him next week

29. Sully321 says:

if i have two emergencies in my backline, and one isn't playing will the playing emergency's score count?

• Russty_ says:

Yes it will…and well done landing that plane on the Hudson by the way.

• The G Train says:

Im wondering the same thing, had Kennedy from swans as emergency and want to Captain loophole danger via Cousins and Treloar. So not sure if i will get Treloar's score if i put the E on him as I have already had it on Kennedy. I know you usually get the lowest score in this situation but not sure if the 0 counts.

30. TOPHAWK1 says:

Coaches who traded in Tom Rockliff last week or this week have been well rewarded. Like I said mid week, the bloke is coming good. And he has. That shoulder is on the mend.125 SC.
    At $400K the bloke was a steal.

Coaches who traded in Dayne Zorko at $600K have been rewarded with 78 SC.

Key take out……BUY LOW AND SELL HIGH!

• Defying_Madness says:

Coaches who brought in Beams also would have been well rewarded. I unfortunately didn't bring in either Beams or Rocky and went Gray, time will tell if this was a good move or not. Rocky also got 3 goals which inflated his score but he did look very good today.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I reckon Robbie Gray is a great pick. Also bargain priced, high ceiling, no major injury issues, and can play midfield and forward.

GUN PLAYER

Good luck tomorrow mate.

• Defying_Madness says:

Thanks mate, not looking good so far. He's on 16 points currently midway through the 2nd quarter, hopefully he has a big second half.

• Northerner says:

Well done Hawk. I picked him up as well. $388k mid pricer who can go large. An M9 that covered this week for Ablett and can be looped with Sloane next week. Even if he'd scored 80/90 it would have been a solid trade at this stage of the season with low cash and remaining trades.

31. TheGreatBozza says:

One quarter in and I'm regretting not jumping on Matt Crouch to wait for Merrett next week, as Dons have an elite run home. Hopefully my decision to grab Paddy Ryder instesd can make up for it

• JohndJames says:

I agreed you get Crouch in Panic Room.

• TheGreatBozza says:

I should have listened. I was hoping he'd drop a bit and grab him next week. I still can afford to grab him next week, just may be higher in price

• JohndJames says:

He'll be about $10,000 more so no big deal,it's just that you miss out on his points this round,which would have been nice to have.

32. Finnius123 says:

Greenwood has 54% TOG. If Don Pyke backed him in then he would be averaging 105+

33. TOPHAWK1 says:

Glad I got the week off.

JJK -6 SC @ 1/4 TIME. WTF!

• Defying_Madness says:

Can't believe he got such a huge score after that start. Best on ground for sure.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Just a lazy 40 per qtr after Qtr time.
        He was the difference.
        Leading the coleman after missing 5 games. If u can stop him can stop WC.
        GWS white board should have one plan this week.
        Operation stop or keep JJK quiet.

34. CheekyNandos says:

Take Lloyd's 82 or take a punt on Maynard (Dees) or Miles (Hawks)

35. Finnius123 says:

Took Danger's score as captain and didn't back in Matt Crouch – maybe the wrong option…

36. Joshua says:

Midfield minutes not doing Doc any good, 29 at HT

37. hedski says:

Add Sloanedog to my shitlist

38. TOPHAWK1 says:

Glad I got the week off.

Ohhh BTW Micheal Hurley= GUN

39. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

200 last week 50 this week from Newman and Ryan.
    Which is just part of the game everyone can have an off week but did they have to do it this week both at once when my opponent didn't have them?
    Sting in the tail is Rick countered with his pods Buddy and Rocky.

Well played Rick good luck in the Happy Place finals next week.

Would need a miracle to catch u from here.
    Adams or Billings to punch out a double ton might do it. :)
    Was that a flying pig I saw in the sky?

• Derek says:

You had injury problems Trigga? Why you have two rookies still onfield?

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

After the last 2 weeks scores played what I thought was the percentages and looped shaw and Lloyd.
        So based on form played newman and Ryan on field.
        Fickle game.
        Shaw 75 Friday night thought Newman would match that.
        Plus yep copped some Injuries.

40. JohndJames says:

Well Russty tomorrow we find out which of our two teams will give themselves a chance of playing finals this year,at the moment I have no confidence in my lot at all,so my prediction that we will miss out by a game is looking about right.

• neil Demons Delight says:

Even money in my book brownlow..but we probably have an edge in class go dees

• Russty_ says:

Cheers boys, good luck to your evil Demons lol, may the best team win lads.

• JohndJames says:

Same to you Russty,would be nice if we could both make it,but not to be,finals have come early for the two of us.

• Russty_ says:

Looks like I found out my team are still spuds John, not quite there yet…maybe next year, Saints fans have been saying that since 1966 lol.
          Congrats to your boys, I hope they do well in the finals, they deserve some good breaks after being down for awhile.

41. Randomcliche2 says:

Okay so I'm down atm, 210 points behind, opponent has Ryder and Oliver to come, I have Gawn, Hibbard, Howe and Higgins. Should I through a hail mary and put the C on Gawn (or Titch)? Current VC is Danger (141)….. thoughts?

• B rian says:

If Gawn doesn't get over 140 you mignt be in trouble anyway so it could be a good gamble.
      Good luck

• Randomcliche2 says:

Thanks B rain, went with the logic, cause I liked it, but yikes that was stinker today! Hope you went better, cheers

• Bhargava says:

Titch against North at his fav stadium is a good punt if you've got nothing to lose

• LetsGo says:

Titch over gawn this week Random, he's playing north in tas, I'm expecting him to go large

• Tibor says:

Either Gawn or Titch. Both good picks just need that bit of luck to get the right one. Do me a favour and pick Titch. I'm a Demon so if you take Titch Max will have a blinder

Many thanks

42. johnny says:

got this week off, into the prelims with 3 trades left
    def: doch, laird, hurley, heater, luke ryan, witherden (lloyd, glass)
    mid: danger, martin, fyfe, beams, bont, oliver, t.adams, c.brown (pendles, jelwood, james cousins)
    ruck: ryder, gawn (grundy)
    fwd: macrae, yeo, dahl, heeney, nank, greenwood (parsons, darcy cameron)

take the risk and trade pendles to titch before the hawks vs north game
    OR stay put and then trade after this round?
    (saving the trade for this round could mean I could fix problems elsewhere if they arise)

• B rian says:

the only reason not to trade is if you think titch is going to get injured or suspended (unlikely)
      Making the trade this week means you can fix other problems that may come up next week. (likely)

Make the trade,

• Northerner says:

Agreed. Still leaves you with 2 trades with Prelim and GF to go which would be more than most

• JohndJames says:

Bring in Titch,you have held Pendles long enough.

43. Northerner says:

With all the outs and likely donuts or dud rookies on field this week, it's likely to really throw the rankings around. Could be some large moves if you nail it this week.

44. NovemberFoxtrotIndia says:

Started Buddy on the pine with the E…wise move..
    After hearing about all the rain in Perth decided to sit JJK on the bench with Greenwood onfield.
    Pretty happy at quarter time

At EOG (end of game) it was OMG.

Could cost me this weeks final.

Only trade for week was Menegola in over Rocky (Witherden out).

45. Bdog says:

Par score this week?

• Tyruddanaut says:

Still three more games to go. Can't decide until everyone has played

• Tibor says:

All over the shop, some stinkers but those that held Danger and avoided this weeks carnage could go very big…How many stuck with Buddy?

• JohndJames says:

Looking at 2350 if everything goes to plan,should win four of my five semi finals,but overall its really too early to say.My mids are going gangbusters,the backs and forwards,apart from Buddy,not so much.

• INPieman says:

I think anything over 2200 this week will resemble a pretty decent score. Lots of people with donuts

• JohndJames says:

Yes missed out on the carnage,thank God,since I stuffed up with Ryan on field and Lloyd on the bench and for the first time this year didn't get my C loophole right so the C stays on Mitch.

46. Tibor says:

A big fine coming for Dimma. His reference to the free kick count at Geelong was in fact two punches to the AFL and Gil the fuehrer. A little jab for complaining about the umps. The big punch was it was less a bit of whinging but a very clear statement of fact. The crowd noise makes the decisions at Geelong and Richmond get the same from their crowd at the MCG. This sort of truth telling will not win you friends in high places Dimma

Maybe all the umps should be wearing head phones so they can't hear the crowds. If so what should they be listening to???

• JohndJames says:

He really only said what everybody already knows about Geelong games at home,they have two extra men on the field.We should go down the NRL path,I think they can comment on the umps/refs after the game.

• Ruddigar says:

Both the Scott brothers already do, biggest sooks you'd ever find. Comes from all those years playing at Brisbane and getting looked after.

Brad Scott might occasionally have something to complain about but Chris is dreaming…..

• Cobber says:

Dimma was obviously very frustrated and stepped over the line. Tibor might be onto something re the headphones because umpires are only human and are affected by crowd noise like that experienced in WA and SA. Remember Windy Hill and Victoria Park.
      Dimma needs to have a chat to Sheeds because he tends to get ahead of himself and shows his emotions too much. 'Give 'en nothin'. That's the best way.

• Tibor says:

I've got no blue with Dimma probably just curious as to what they could play through the headphones. Would they choose for themselves or does someone choose for them?

Razor could have that little munchkin land tune from wizard of oz. unfortunately Scott mclaren is gone he could have had some dire straights, has anyone ever seen him and mark knopfler in the same place at the same time

47. BrownlowBoy says:

How long after this supercoach season finishes does research for next season begin? Already looking forward to pre season articles.

• INPieman says:

Maybe have a day off. Maybe

• JohndJames says:

Might do it a bit different this time round and not even look at it till the end of Feb,since I already have a good idea which Premos I will go with,it will just be the rookies that I will have to worry about.

• Russty_ says:

don't forget the midpriced madness John, it's not a dirty word anymore, p.s congrats on the win today, I'll just say it now lol

• JohndJames says:

Yes I can see the midpriced players getting in there,depending on how good the rookies are,if anything like this year,we could be going with a quite a few MP.Thanks Russty,but I'll wait till the end,footy is a funny game,we played crap footy the last two weeks and now we decide to turn up.

• Kjf says:

Good opportunity to try and spot a mid price who moves up next year. Wouldn't rule out Alex Neal Bullen, very much improved and getting more confidence

• Russty_ says:

I'm looking forward to 5 months off from Footy after the siren blows on the GF…..can't over do it!

• Lazza says:

I still have 5 Prelims to go, but already planning for next year, have already locked down my premos and a couple of mid-pricers for next year … just jot em down as you go ..
      One thing that's fairly obvious .. the old brigade are out the door …

48. dan says:

Held that stain Heater all year but switched to Ryan this week. Looks like I'm gonna lose by 20-30. Anyone else in same boat ?

49. BrownlowBoy says:

Mad Monday was this Monday just gone with the news Merrett, Selwood, Grundy, Witherden would all be out.

• hedski says:

Mine started Friday night, will finish when I rock up to work Monday morning with a fuzzy head.
      Playing 2 short I have Howe + 224 points vs Oliver, Hibberd, Gawn, Adams and Ryder.
      "Game over man, game over." (As the late great Bill Paxton would say)

50. Jim says:

Ryan (decided to play him over Heater this week) and Neale just lost me my semi finals this week. Gawn with the C over danger as a Hail Mary to try get back into it, only need him to score about 200 points… also ready for a slide back down the rankings after my first 2500 score last week.. how long till next year?..

51. Derek says:

i watched Crows play last night, in particular MCrouch. Move over JPK.

52. Russty_ says:

Gawn Gawn Gawn…what the hell are you doing you big beardless bastard?!…3 points…really?
    And the Saints are getting flogged…perfect! lol

• JohndJames says:

Max is playing better than that,what the hell,although Pedo is going alright,maybe he's taking some of Maxy's points.

53. GloryDays90 says:

Gawn you SPUD!

• Ruddigar says:

Not sure if you watched the game or just followed the sc score. He copped a series of some of the worst ruck infringement decisions you would ever see. I don't think the umpires have the first clue about ruck work.

They need to get rid of the bounce because they simply can't bounce it so it sits above a blokes head then penalise him for blocking the other ruckmans run. Is he supposed to see it float over his head and then run away

Razor Ray up to his usual nonsense over ruling the controlling umpire and making decisions from 70 metres away. Footy will be the winner when this little turd finally gives it away

• Tibor says:

The worst bounce is when it only slightly goes to one side or the other because you get trapped underneath it so if you put an arm out or step forward or even turn sideways to protect yourself the umpires are red hot on calling it a block because they don't understand rucking. If they float a bounce over your head you are pretty much obliged to just stand front on with your eyes looking up and get smashed by the bloke who has a run up.

Shouldn't be too concerned because that's only the rules for one game this round we'll be playing under totally different rules next week, just watch Friday night footy to see the new rules of the game each week…

54. JohndJames says:

Mitch has only been under 100pts twice this year,so the one time I put the C on him,he's going close to doing it for the third time.

• Russty_ says:

Do you reckon you'll still win your games John?…worst thing is also, he's had 30 touches.
      He's just had about 6 cheap touches then so that should help a bit.

• JohndJames says:

Hi Russty,looking at winning four,the fifth is in the balance,at least he got over 100.If I hadn't stuffed up my loophole for the first time this year I would have already won all five.

• Russty_ says:

What happened with your loopholing this week that you couldn't take Danger's 141?

• JohndJames says:

Was going to put Witherden on the ground with the C on him in the last Q of the Geelong game,but wasn't sure what Danger would get,plus had the E on Newman,so was only looking at his 24pts,was hoping for more and would have had to put Scharenberg on the bench for Witherden

• Russty_ says:

Gotta always trust in Danger mate, he is the MAN….hey if you get into 4 finals next week, that's still a great result and keeps the fun going for you :)

• JohndJames says:

Will be in five,for sure,in one Prelim already,so it;s just the last one still to go,down by 60,but still have Ryder and Scharenberg playing.Usually plan the loop a lot better,knew it was a tight move and could have done it,but Newman only getting 24 kind of put me off.

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Newman and Ryan should be shot for their efforts this week.

• JohndJames says:

Funny this but I just worked out if Scharenberg gets 94pts I will end up with the same score as if I did the loop.The 70pts I missed from not having Danger and Newman's 24.

55. Steeeve says:

End of last season I thought everyone would want to end 2017 with Gawn and Goldy in the rucks. Pity the fools who've done just that.

• Russty_ says:

Gawn will be ok, probably knock out 150 next week, Goldy is cooked I reckon, never again list for me.

• Sammy says:

Spot on. Gawn has had a big injury this year and has been pretty good before today. Wasn't so much billy longer who got him today as Razor Ray

56. Top Gun says:

Shocker of a week with Buddy on the bench loopholing him with Higgins when I was out Sat arvo with the Cheese and Whiskers and missed changing it by 10 minutes. Doh!!!!

• Keenbutclueless says:

Know the feeling. Ryan on field Mills on bench and traded in Neale. 130 points gone. Makes for a sh!!!y weekend. Two more weeks of mediocrity to go and many months of research ahead of me – most of which I won't use because I will end up being hugely influenced by the team reveals.

57. dan says:

Has there ever been a year when so many sc locks are no longer relevant in future years ?

• Russty_ says:

Don't think so Dan, this year has been a big wake up call to a lot of coaches and a big changing of the guard also.

• Lazza says:

Pays to do a rolling 20 game average, especially from previous season half-way mark… one example – you would have found Heater was clearly a no go zone this season .. there are plenty of others ..

58. Russty_ says:

How'd you fare this week fellas?…I got through 4 out of my 5 elimination finals except for the one where I came up against the mighty Jock, he smoked me by 57 points.
    2232 here.

• Finnius123 says:

2142 with callum brown and a doughnut on field

• TOPHAWK1 says:

2335 for Tophawk. Did not win any match ups as I had the bloody week off! 3 prelims next week. Shame that. The prelims should have come this week. Hopefully I can keep my shape and pump out another competitive score next week.

Good results for you BTW Russty. I got beat by Jock as well earlier this year. Never underestimate the great Jock. Good luck next week!

• Russty_ says:

Cheers Hawker, you too mate, nice score!, I'm in ten leagues this year so still have 5 other prelims to play next week as well as the 4 I made it into this week so all's good!…:) I don't mind getting beat by Jock, he is the father of Fantasy Footy.

I just scraped through against Mace in that Pinelodge league too, so we could still meet in the GF :)

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hehehe. I could still cop some Russty revenge after last week's battle in Pinelodge! I only played in 5 leagues this year because playing in 10 means too much bloody stress. ;-) But you are in seriously good shape mate. Still playing next week in 9 out of 10 leagues. Bloody brilliant.

• Defying_Madness says:

2336 from me this week. Could have gotten an extra 50 if I had fielded Scharenberg over Ryan and another 50 if I had traded in Beams over Gray.
      Down to 0 trades now and hopefully no injuries with ample cover, so hopefully I can get some league wins.
      Had the week off in all my leagues so didn't matter too much anyway.
      Congrats on your 4 league wins also.

• Russty_ says:

Thanks DM, great work this week mate, that's a solid score during carnage week, good luck for the rest of your finals.

• Iamme says:

Congrats getting through 4 of your finals there Russty. I hit 2400 even, which was enough to win my 4 finals….No trades left though.

• Russty_ says:

Thanks Lamme, great score this week from you…I'd be shaking in my boots coming up against you next week :)

• hedski says:

2049 with my pair of zeroes.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I screwed up and now I'ma see my rankings fall.
      I
      I
      I
      I
      I
      I
      I
      I
      I
      V
      Down here with 2185

• JohndJames says:

Well done Russty to get through four of the five,add those to the Prelims that you were already in you have gone gangbusters.Ended up winning the fifth game,by 7pts,thanks to Ryder,he's won me a few this year,with Port playing late and my opponents not having him.So on to six preliminary finals next week,very happy with that.Scored 2375,so my good scoring of the past five weeks continued.Moved on up 1163 places to 2463,my best ever ranking,so really very happy about that.Still holding my last two trades,might keep them for the GF,hoping to make 50% of them.Rapt that I have been able to keep my trades down to two since R16,not that I really had a choice with only the two left.Good luck for next week Russty and hopefully we can make a few GF.

• Russty_ says:

Great work there John, you've moved ahead of me in the rankings now, I was 300 or so ahead of you up until this week, bloody great score with 2375…good luck to you too bud, awesome having 2 trades left too, wish I had even one haha

• Lazza says:

Won my only semi .. 2297 v 2207 .. with Ryan and Brown on field … which gets me to 5 prelims… 2 Cash leagues.. and have a 15 v 6 record against the great man in the Rivalries.. 1 trade left … Jelwood to Kelly or Parker

59. Jim_bob321 says:

Damn lost to jock this week by 1 point with zorko c…..

60. TOPHAWK1 says:

I have used all my trades now as well. It will probably screw me over also next week when I play in 3 prelims.
    Good year mate considering that this was the toughest SC season on record. See you next year! TH

61. George S says:

2397, and snuck in by 5

62. gator59 says:

WOW…. I might take a new career path from Supercoach..

Just managed to get over the line in a $15 Draftstars which netted me a cool $4,200..

You could say I am stoked,, Boubons are going down well at the moment.. cheers

• Russty_ says:

Holy crap Gator…what a windfall!, bloody awesome effort there mate, shame our bloody Saints couldn't get the big win today like you did :)

• gator59 says:

Yeah Russty.. They put me out the tipping for a straight 9 but I'll take 8

That''s the game i picked most of my team for the Draftstars…

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Well done gator,the Milky Bars are on you. I was rapped to pick up $7 in a minor league comp

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hehehe. If you dont mind Gator!!! Kerching!! I hear cash registers ringing. Congrats mate.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Massive win that Gator!

Nice work :)

• gator59 says:

Cheer Trigga … How'd every one do in Triggs Happy Place, I really haven't taken much notice today

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

INP and myself latest casualties. Both had Ryan on field.
          Beaten by the juggernauts in Mo and Rick Grimes who move on to the next round

Funny I had the same team except had danger back this week over 2500 last week nearly 350 less this week.
          Just didn't click this week.

Good luck to the remaining combatants in the happy place. Do us proud lads!

• gator59 says:

Yep well done to all..

• Rick Grimes says:

Lot of luck involved Trig. I thought you had the better team on paper. Spuddy Franklin was the difference really. You got real unlucky with Ryan and Newman scoring stuff all. I'm trade less and have no def bench cover. Fingers will be crossed next couple of weeks.

• Northerner says:

Makes your fantasy season! Well done

• Iamme says:

That's awesome gator59, well done.

• hedski says:

Awesome work, you were doin OK in the full round $2 mini too, buy yourself some bling!!!

• gator59 says:

Yeah thanks Hedski… I did happen to snag a $2 comp coupled with a 9th and ten so all round a good day

63. Russty_ says:

Bad luck Hedski, it's been a shit of a year, next season will feel like a walk in the park!

64. Hubba says:

Does Dependlebury go in as an ultra premo next year? Has it gone past him?

• Iamme says:

One average year by his standards, I still reckon he's a gun and will continue with him next year.

• Box says:

he should be cheep…………

• Tyruddanaut says:

Really? There are fantastic options for ultra-premiums going into next season who out-do Pendles by 1,000X.

Look at Kelly, been under 90 only once with 88 and averages 112. Fantastic and in a winning team, look at where he goes and see he'll get better with most other teams next year. Even if he doesn't move, he's only 22! Lots to improve.
        What about Oliver, 20 years old and only played 33 games.Averaging 112 and if he stops flopping around then he'll only get higher.
        The Bont. There was an ad campaign glorifying him with Cris Hemsworth. Enough said
        Tom Mitchell. His role is literally to get clearances. Supercoach gold and he's only 24

I think we need to think past him for next year and don't fall for his 'history'

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Yep new blood for me next year
          Steering clear of yesterday's hero's.

• Iamme says:

Maybe a mix of Young and Old might be the way to go next season. Kelly and Oliver did make my team this year…. But they will both be there next season that's for sure.

• Russty_ says:

Don't forget the Bont mate, 21 years old, and a champ.

• Hubba says:

I just put it out there… several others have been talking about the demise of SC relevance of many others eg priddis shaw smitchell gibson etc… but noone has mentioned Scott P… it comes quick….

• Rick Grimes says:

If Pendles is cheap I'll definitely consider. He's still good for a 110 average I feel. New coach might help. He was a bit distracted this year possibly.

• Lazza says:

Really??
      Pendles sits behind about 20 others … should not be on anyone's radar next season.. he isn't even the best SC player in his own team ..
      Really praying they sign Bucks for 10 yrs .. would set up nicely for record consecutive bottom 8 …. .

65. hedski says:

Get a few back next week, I'll probs outscore the finalists in gf week, happened last year just for that extra kick in the guts.
    Will have to get in a league with ya next year Russty, maybe we'll make the finals in a different league than the woo league TH.
    Cheers boys good luck with your finals.

66. Russty_ says:

By 1?!!!…that's gotta hurt mate. Jock said he was gonna bring in Gawn and he ended up getting Jacobs. If he'd gotten Gawn you woulda pipped him by a few points.

67. Rocksta says:

I had the week off this week.
    2247 with Zerrett and Jelwood on the bench. 2 trades left.
    All sounds okay…………….Problem is I have Goldy and Nank.
    Goldy in particular is really fking me off. I just cannot afford having to think about trading him out with only 2 trades left going into a prelim.

• Russty_ says:

I think you might have to mate, 32 points is not good enough, Preuss outscored him by 50+ points.
      Something's up with him…I'd punt him.

• Rocksta says:

I know you're right Russty, but it basically means I'll have to turn Jelwood into Rocky so as to turn Goldy into anybody half way decent.
        I don't know if my heart can take having Rocky in a Prelim.

• Russty_ says:

Hahah know what you mean mate, I've never had him in my side…ever lol, but he has knocked out 224 points in his last 2.

• Russty_ says:

The question you've gotta ask yourself is, would you rather have won with no trades left, or lost with 2 trades in the bank after next week?

68. Iamme says:

I am now placed at 675, my best for the year. 2 more rounds to top my highest ever placing 659…but no trades

69. Jimmy says:

I am actually quitting SuperCoach. I just can't do it anymore. I just got knocked out in straight sets to a guy who had two doughnuts and no trades. I hope Neale runs into Gawns backside when they play against each other and his head gets stuck. Not sure how I can do everything right and lose. It's just unfair; I live and breathe it and I lost to a pumpkin. My overall rank is best in the league and it counts for nothing. This shit actually makes me depressed. I have to give it up for my own mental health. Thanks for listening community

• Russty_ says:

Don't do it Jimmy!…You've just gotta laugh at yourself in situations like that mate…sometimes stuff just goes terribly wrong for no apparent reason, come back next season and start fresh, it's all meant to be for a bit of fun, not for Sheepstations.

• Cobber says:

Very sad Jimmy. Yep, give it away and find another game for your mental healths sake. Dreamteam doesn't take as much time so perhaps try that.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Remember Jimmy it is just a game.
      Sure it consumes us more than it really should but in the end it is just a game.

Lady luck will play a part always does. Sometimes good sometimes bad. If more good happy days. But the bad will come, management of the bad or taking it on the chin all part of the game.

Let's face it most of us will never win the thing go hard early to increase rank but eventually end up playing for bragging rights against your mates including the ripper JR community.

Take a deep breath.
      Analyse where it all went wrong.
      If it just plain bad luck well that's a good thing you had a great year with bad luck causing a stumble at the last hurdle.
      Take solace, take some time out, refresh ready to go again.

It's is just a game but a bloody addictive one!

• INPieman says:

That's SuperCoach jimmy. You'll never have a career of success in the game. Sometimes & many times you'll be destroyed. It's happens to all of us. It's do you have the balls to go again….. man up, punch & few windows & start your preseason. Just be better & learn

• Hubba says:

Hang in there J. Live and learn.. its just a game

• Derek says:

Another one for Jock…….. list is getting long

• Cogla13 says:

Some sore losers putting their hands up today.

70. tony says:

It's just a game of luck

71. DEE says:

I lost my final not sure how this team scores under 2000?

Def: docherty, simpson, rance, lloyd, adams, ryan. Jones, witherden
    Mid: danger (c), bontempelli, kelly, oliver, neale, sloane, zorko, myers. JPK, hibberd, bolton.
    Ruck: Gawn, Ryder. Cameron.
    Fwd: Mccrae, Dahlhouse, wallis, franklin, nankervis, greenwood. Lynch, young

????????????????

• Russty_ says:

Ryan, Neale, Zorko, Myers, Gawn, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Nanscrevice, Greenwood….all underperformed bigtime, just bad luck it happened all in the same week.

• DEE says:

Still stunned.

Saved a trade for next week to trade Lynch out hoping JPK would be back

Not much use to me now :(

• Randomcliche says:

Can't take trades to heaven! My season ended this week well. All the best for 2018 and mad Monday.

• JohndJames says:

Hi Dee hope you are over your disappointment,looking at your team,just a bit of tweaking here and there and you could of had a top team.If I substitute a few of your players with some popular ones it might of made a difference.Def, Simpson / Rance to Hibberd / Laird. Mid. Neale / Sloan / Zorko to Martin / Mitchell / Fyfe. Ruck Gawn to Kreuzer. Fwd Wallis / Lynch to Yeo / Heeney. So only a few different players on each line could have made a huge difference,which goes to show that there is a lot of luck involved in SC,so don't beat yourself up about it.

72. RobDogs says:

Well, made it through my 3 semi's, now in all 10 Prelims. Snuck past Crackers to be sitting 7th in Jock's Group. Happy with my 2425 amid all the carnage and have 3 trades to come home with. 257th overall as it stands.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well done Rob.
      GR8 stuff. Gr8 Rd score!
      Would have rocketed up the rankings with that score this week.
      With 3 trades left you could really shake things up.
      Not too many ahead of u would have any.
      go for the jugular.
      Best of luck..

• RobDogs says:

Thanks Trigga,
        have moved up a few over the past couple of weeks but am still miles behind the leaders. If everything falls my way am hoping to break into the top 100, but will need a few above me to fall away.

Gotta say Jock's 2015 mag with the 'Good Bye Strategy' has been my main method since reading it. Finished 157 in 2015. Last year was a mess with injuries so not so good, but has worked again this year. Would be worth reprinting in the next mag Jock, is gold advice!

73. Hothi_FC says:

My fellow supercoachers my supercoach season is a dead as a horse that's broken it's leg wish you all the best for the rest of your supercoach finals, my time has come to an end being eliminated in both my supercoach semi finals by 12 and 3 points, wish you all the best and hope you strive through for success, I'll be back

74. Paul says:

1 trade left community. Need to cull one of my underperforming spuds to get to the big dance in my cash league.

Harbrow to Adams or Goldy to Kreuzer?

75. The Ranger says:

Not sure what I've done to upset the SC Gods but they've really got the hump with me at the moment.
    With seven outs I lost all three semi's with a paltry score of 1953, and yes, that was with a full 22 onfield.
    I got beaten by one bloke who only fielded 21. That's a new low.
    Newman, Ryan Gawn, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Pickett, Greenwood all left stains.
    And I bought in Greene too who looks like he may miss weeks.
    Ah well, got one prelim left in a minor premiership to try and salvage a little something from this bizarre season.

76. GloryDays90 says:

Well my season is officially over!
    Had the double chance but because of injuries and suspensions i lost both… will learn next year to keep trades handy
    Thanks for all the advice that was given.

See you next season :)

• Russty_ says:

Hey GD, pretty hard to keep any trades in reserve this season, I have none left now, and it's only pure ass I made it through to next week. A lot of luck involved, see you next time around, hopefully next season won't be so fubar lol :)

77. Imgonnalose says:

Hey lads have Selwood and Lynch and needed to change them. Had the week off. I still have Ryan on Field and Witherden on DEF bench. What do you guys think of Sidebottom and Wallis? Nearly locked in but just want to hear the communitys thoughts!

• neil Demons Delight says:

Sidey is ok but Wallis has lost all form I have him but a lot depends on what happens to the Bont

• Imgonnalose says:

Any other good forwards? Have $900 spare after this trade so almost nothing haha

• Rick Grimes says:

How about this, instead of Sidey, go Prestia (last two scores 124, 126) priced at $419k. Then instead of Wallis you could grab someone up to $515k. Not sure who you already have, but Heeney, Yeo, Kennedy or even a Wingard.

Just a thought.