SuperCoach RD21: LekDog’s Cheat Sheet

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 10, 2017 • views: 22993

LekdogCheatSheetRd21

G’day Community ad welcome to an injury riddled Cheat Sheet.

This hurt. It hurt a lot. The week. The injuries. Everything. I’m flat as a tack.

If you have trades left then you don’t need my advice, if you don’t well then you’re eating donuts like me! Enjoy this week’s cheat sheet anyway!

As always, thanks to Fantasy Insider – remember, the famous lineup cruncher is now FREE so jump in here. Almost a must for those getting onboard the weekly Jock Reynolds Academy and/or Graduate contests (huge $$ added to the Graduates contest this week, enter right about here).

LISTEN: THIS WEEK’S PODCAST HERE

LEARN: HIGGO’S ACADEMY THREAD HERE

Cheat Sheet Round 21 Click To View

I love you all and I’m sending hugs.
Lekdog

REMEMBER: FANTASY INSIDER LINEUP CRUNCHER CAN BE USED FOR FREE THIS WEEK!

Use the best DFS team building tool in Australia for FREE here

DFS_post_cruncher-(1)

Tags: ,

1. Shake n bake says:

Why save my trades 4 left with $480k in the kitty then just after last rd l get 5 outs even when l use 2 trades this week im still going to be 1 short! Dont you think finals should be like bye rds and if your lucky enough to save your trades you should be able to make 3 trades??!!

• SC_Kev7 says:

Luck of the draw but I see your point, Shake. Reckon if you've managed your team well enough to get to this point they should just throw it open and let you use as many of your remaining trades as you see fit. Still have a chance for those teams that scraped into the 8 to compete with the better teams

• Russty_ says:

Yeah I agree, you should be able to use 3 in finals if you have them, not unlimited though, for those like you who have managed their team well enough to actually have trades left, you should have that option.

• Keenbutclueless says:

I would like to see trades remain limited to 30, but you can use as many as you like any week. It's the 2 per week restriction that's puzzling.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Keen, I reckon it's to stop guys blowing all their trades before the first half the season ends…hence losing interest and abandoning their teams, which would make many others lose interest when their Leagues turn into a wasteland of abandoned teams, and damaging future participation in Supercoach.

• Shake n bake says:

I don't mind the 2 trades per week during the yr and if this scenario happens with all my outs im happy to cop a zero its not be all end all. But it always happens finals time with especially resting or just players out for the rest of the yr now it is be all end all.

• Keenbutclueless says:

I think you are right. I think I only see this game through my own addicted eyes. Yours is a broader, saner and more rational view.

• JohndJames says:

Love that idea Shake,they make an acception in the bye rounds,why not the finals.

• Russty_ says:

Hey John, only way for a change like that to take place is if Supercoaches provide feedback to the powers that be, en masse through the Survey they do every season…I'd like to see that too.

• Shake n bake says:

I did that on already on Monday Russty.

• JohndJames says:

I saw at the top of my screen that they would like feedback on our SC experience,so maybe we could mention that.Not sure it would help me personally though since either I wouldn't have the trades to do it or I would be trying to save them,hopefully for the GF. Still a good idea though.

• LEKD0G says:

Probably needs to stay the same but that hurts mate, make your trades and save as much of your weekend as you can

• Northerner says:

Great suggestion

2. Nicko says:

I have 2 trades remaining and playing an elimination final. Think I screwed my team by trading out Nank and holding Roo. Now Roo seems to be injured which means Greenwood will be on field regardless.
    What to do out of these options?:
    A. Trade Jelwood for Dusty, trade out Roo for a cheap non-playing rookie so I can loophole Josh Thomas / Greenwood (on my fwd bench)
    B. Trade Jelwood to Bont, trade out Roo for Ryan Burton. It would kill any loophole option in my fwd line moving forward.
    C. Trade Jelwood for Dusty, trade out Parsons for a cheap non-playing rookie so I can loophole and keep Roo.
    Thanks in advance!

3. Steeeve says:

Only have about $450k to play with replacing Lynch. Would love a fwd/mid to loop with Greenwood but can't loop up forward anyway unless Parsons is dropped.
    Any decent forward options in my price range? Or at all?

Currently have Macrae, Dahl, JJK, Heeney, Franklin, Greenwood.

Or just keep Greenwood at f6 and use a swing to trade Lynch out for someone like Rockliff to loop at m9?

4. red5 says:

Best trade in for Selwood out of:
    -Mitchell
    -Neale
    -Oliver
    -Matt Crouch
    -Dayne Zorko

Money is not a issue!!

5. Jake.B says:

My last two trades this week was Grundy to S. Martin and selwood to ryder via DPP. Thinking of changing that for Grundy to ryder and selwood to a menegola/heppell?

This week I've swapped Lloyd to my midfield &have Greenwood as my last midfielder (miles on bench/Oh and merrett fml) which means I have to play Shaw in my backline off the bench.

This week is a struggle

6. INPieman says:

What a sad day for football. Jesse White has retired. 3 boxes of Kleenex down already

7. Stirlsy says:

Great stuff as always LekDog but im beyond help, no trades leave's me in the lap of them bastard SC gods for my 2 Semi's

• INPieman says:

Can you make a 22 Stirlsy? Think plenty out there will struggle

• Stirlsy says:

20 at this stage Pieman looks like opponents are in the same boat going on last weeks teams they had, but no idea if they have trades

• INPieman says:

It's going to be a challenging week mate. I have superstar Declan Mountford to fall back on

• Stirlsy says:

Lol, well I can hope that 3 rookies get a game Bolton Brown or Deluca the last named might have a chance,
            Only played 3 leagues this year str8 to prelim in other one.
            It is what it is, we just roll with the punches.

• Russty_ says:

Brown and Deluca playing Stirlsy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad :)

• Stirlsy says:

1 Defo in Deluca Browns no sure thing Russty ….. Bucks will play Cox Aish and Broomhead IMO hope im wrong but 21 now on ground its better then 20

• Russty_ says:

He's named onfield though mate, not on the bench.

• Stirlsy says:

Yep I see that now after looking at teams instead of ins and outs.
                    Still the 21 iv got to cover sel and merrett but only got bolton sitting in the gut bench all others mid only so ill loop the best of Deluca and Brown or look at Deluca's score first and pic a loser both hard away games for the kids.
                    If De pulls above 50 ill probably take that if not ill roll with Brown.

• Rick Grimes says:

Mountford is actually improving. Has a bit about him.

• hedski says:

20 also Stirlsy, Deluca will take me to 21. Woo hoo. Haven't had a donut all year now I'll probably have a couple of the pricks.

• hedski says:

Bang 19 Rooey out.

• Stirlsy says:

Can you tell me who yr picking in Draftstars Hedski ….. ill stay away from them, it seems every turn u take you find injury.
              LOL

• Stirlsy says:

I'v gotta stop looking at my team, the loop is dead, Deluca plays/starts 25mins b4 Bolton so ill have to look up till the 20min mark and pick one,
                Leaning towards Brown cos im a pie….. Thoughts

8. Thomas says:

Who should score more, Gawn or Zerrett?

• Russty_ says:

Gawn….Zerrett only averaging 86 his last 3 games before he got suspended for this week.

• INPieman says:

Zerrett is out this week. Pretty sure Max can get off the mark

• Tyruddanaut says:

GAWN 100%. He is the GOAT of ruckman if you don't include Sandilands or Cox or……….. okay maybe not THE goat but close to it. Expect large and fear the light stubble (doesn't have the same ring as fear the beard)

• LEKD0G says:

Gawn

9. Paul says:

Have 1,088k to use this week to trade Selwood and Merrett. Probably looking to go with one of Martin/Mitchell and Gibbs.

Who is a better option out of Martin v Mitchell, and is Gibbs the best second option – or am I better off getting two mids at 550k?

• Tyruddanaut says:

If you don't have Gawn then get him in with Kelly/Neale/Oliver. Otherwise if you also don't have Nank or Ryder in FWD then the last resort would be Kreuzer and Bont/Murphy/Gibbs in that particular order.
      Ok ok if you also have Kreuzer AND Gawn then I'd go for Jacobs and a player of your choice

10. Shake n bake says:

Ablett out.

11. Thomas says:

Is it worth bringing in Gawn for Lynch this week, but i'm left with 0 trades, or wait until next week incase anything happens. If i didnt pull this trade, i would still have 22, but would have to play Buzza as Grundy is out. Got the week off in 5/10 leagues this week, so winning isn't imperative, but have been steaming down the rankings recently, so i wouldn't mind seeing how far i can really go.

Thoughts?

• Russty_ says:

If you're in 5 elimination finals this week, I'd do it, or you'll be playing with 21.5 with Buzza onfield, whereas Gawn could get you 150..so you're in 10 finals next week possibly.

• Tyruddanaut says:

It depends. If you think you'll be able to play Gawn next week with your left over cash I'd wait. Buzza's job security is weird. He's technically the teams third ruckman and that's unusual. The only other situation where it happens is Sydney where they only play two anyway.

Who's your R2 next to Grundy because you may have to waste him during R23?

• Lazza says:

Buzz a is out

• Randomcliche2 says:

Yes. Gawn is the bomb. Gawn BE low….can you afford him next week????? If not pull the trigger.

12. King-Willy-Pepsi-Can says:

who to get with only one trade remaining. Have Zerret / Jelwood and Witts

So do i bring in Kruezer/Gawn/Neale/Oliver/Kelly or maybe Fyfe

only in 3 semi finals

• Tyruddanaut says:

Try to get Oliver, Gawn or Kelly in no particular order. Gawn would be the first and then flip a coin

13. Simo says:

1 trade left, stuff all $ in the bank do !,
    a) trade Selwood to Gibbs / Hanners and hope Darcy is named for Freo in Ruck or
    b) bench Selwood, put Jake LLoyd on as M8 & trade Mummy to Gawn
    Cheers

14. 007 says:

Hey community:
    Normally you can view the squad of a team in your league via the Gameday feature of the iOS supercoach app. I want to be able to view teams in my league that are not visible in the Gameday section due to them having a week for the premiIs so I can stalk their trades this week. Is there anywhere on the app that you can look a team up?

• hedski says:

Dunno about the app but using game day on the website you can scroll thru the other matchups in your league.

15. Tyruddanaut says:

Why am I here? I have 0 trades left and still have this craving for the cheat sheet. Lekdog's magic

16. Joshua says:

Kelly or Neale?

• Trixymills says:

I got jelwood and zerret out with three trades left I'm considering looping rockcliff as emergency and if he fails then pull trigger on them two and going with Neale , Kelly , crouch or Sloane. Really can't decide at the moment I'm sure all will perform well but leaning towards Kelly and Sloane

• Russty_ says:

Thinking Neale has a higher ceiling..and a bit more consistency too.

• LEKD0G says:

Neale

17. Russty_ says:

I live in Western Australia..is that close to Albuquerque?

18. hedski says:

My SC team is a train wreck, do you cover that?

• Russty_ says:

LOL, only if you were using your Train as a personal passenger only train Hedski…Pofahl..sounds like a fart noise.

Call Fart Noise Law Firm.

19. The Ranger says:

NRoo out too.
    It's the week that just keeps giving.

20. INPieman says:

A change of club would only further enhance the temptation

21. Help says:

Hanners or Bryce??

22. Gareth says:

Gotta trade ablett and roo out.
    Tossing up between sloane and Greene or Brad crouch and Gwen and move Ryder into fwd line… thoughts on the better option?

23. Defying_Madness says:

Why is Fyfe named full forward?????
    Screw you Ross, up to your tricks again.

24. Russty_ says:

Callum Brown named onfield too, that's handy.

25. Joshua says:

Who to trade Jelwood to? Other mids are Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bont, Hannebery and Adams. Can afford anyone from 557k down (Kelly being the most expensive option)

26. Rick Grimes says:

Any chance Scharenberg doesn't play? Was good last couple. Has only been named on extended bench. Got no other cover and would prefer not to use my one trade down back.

27. Fearthebeard says:

Any word on Jpk???

Have had witts danger Selwood jpk wjtherdan and Bolton drilled or injured in a week ffs. Need something

28. INPieman says:

Dear Cash League Entrants. Just an update on the highest weekly score of the season. We have new club house leaders. In cash league 1 General Soreness (Shane) posted a 2467 last week. And in Cash league 2 Texinator (Sarah) posted a 2550. It will be hard to see all scores moving forward so if you beat them please contact me by email. Good luck

29. Nugget says:

Who's the best possible DEF player I can pick given I only have $381.9k to spend. I need to trade Witherden with my last trade or will he come back next week? Big decision as it's my last trade..
    Thanks for your advise guys!

30. Tommo09 says:

Menegola or Gibbs?

31. Don't Blush Baby says:

VC & C ,whats everyone thinking ? At this stage I'm going Bont into Danger

32. Don't Blush Baby says:

Like it, another option to ponder on

33. Flaccid Jaff says:

Neale & menegola,
    Zorko & gibbs
    Or parker & bont?

Last 2 trades

34. bUCKET__ says:

If he gets fwd DPP, you won't be alone!

• Randomcliche2 says:

Yikes a Bont Rocky Gray would make a great F1 to F3…..stop trying to trick me…..CD won't do that…

35. Leeds17 says:

Want to bring in Ryder for Grundy but would only leave $440,900 to replace Selwood, Not convinced by Stef Martin had 40+ hit outs last 2 weeks and hasn't hit a ton, but 440K doesn't leave me many options Dixon or Franklin play a Mid/Fwd in the mids or Rance and play Adams in the mids super risky moves but I'm not against them, If there was a half decent Mid option I'd take it, but Gaff, Viney, Priddis, Hanley SSelwood just arn't that.

If I was to go Grundy to Martin, I'd have $530,800 to replace Selwood which obviously opens up a lot more options but I do think Ryder will out score Martin 15+ points a week over the 3 games.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Leeds, I'd trust Martin will do ok for you and get the best mid in I could for $530,800..Brad Crouch could be your man, Ross, Heppell, Coniglio?

• Leeds17 says:

Seb Ross interests me think I need a bloke who's going to go 110 over the 3 weeks to make it worth while Stef most likely scoring less than Ryder

Tbh I know what the smart trade is but I'm just hung up on what Ryder could do to Mason Cox, Jordan Roughead & Dan Currie.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Rocky plus Ryder?

36. garfield_da_cat says:

Hi guys i am after a bit of advice. I have this week off after winning last week and winning through to prelim finals. However i only have 2 trades left and 112k in the bank, i need to trade out 3 players though Grundy, Houston and Selwood so there in lies the problem who do i keep and who do i trade out? i only have 2 main rucks Grundy and Gawn (Strndika bench) and my fwdline is weak Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Buddy, Daniher, Houston with Parsons and Smith on the bench. Any advice guys?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Garfield, Here's my suggestion, hope it helps….Grundy to Mumford next week and then you'll have $486,000 to replace Houston with as long as he doesn't crack 91 this week. You should be able to get a good fwd for that price. Let Selwood rot on the bench.

• garfield_da_cat says:

Thanks for the advice rusty but do you think Mummy will go up in price much by next week? and shouldn't i bring in a mid given they score more than fwds? And if Houston doesn't crack 91 which given his form is likely that he won't then his price will go down so wouldn't it be better to move him on this week before i lose more money on him??

• Russty_ says:

Hey Garfield, Mummy's price won't change cause he's suspended this week, and Houston will probably drop 10 possibly 15k depending on what he gets this week but you should still be able to afford a decent forward, you can't afford to have him or Parsons on the field.

I don't know what your midfield looks like but you do need someone better than Houston or Parsons starting fwd.

• Russty_ says:

It's not about money now…it's about points you can score.

• Russty_ says:

Sorry Garfield I misunderstood, yeah you could move Houston on this week and then next week, Grundy to Mumford, possibly Martin in next week depending on who you can afford.

37. James says:

3 trades, $74k in the bank. I've got the week off this week in my league because I made it to the prelims, I wasn't going to make any trades this week but I need to get rid of Grundy and Selwood. Any suggestions for what I should do?

DEF: Docherty, Hurley, Laird, Simpson, Adams, Shaw (Witherden, Ryan)
    MID: Danger, Martin, Zorko, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Treloar, Jelwood (Allison, Cousins, Glass)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (English)
    FWD: Macrae, Franklin, Heeney, Dahlhaus, Yeo, Greewnood (Strnadica, Young)

Thanks!!

• Russty_ says:

Hey James, I'd start Ryan over Shaw..unless Shaw outscores him this week…
      Next week, Grundy to Mumford (3 round av 119) or Martin, and Jelwood for the best you can afford with the best short term average.

• James says:

Would it be a good idea if I went witherden to Spencer to free up a lot of cash, and then go grundy to Kreuzer or Ryder? And next week upgrade Selwood to any premium leaving me with no trades

• Russty_ says:

Up to you mate, but If I were you, I'd rather have one trade in the bank before your grand final starts…rather than not.
          I'm just saying what I would do, not what I think you should do…trust your gut for the final decision.

38. Jacob says:

Dusty or Mitchell?

39. gator59 says:

who to get rid of.. have one trade Jelwood or Witts..have Ryder and Nank to cover rucks.. also have Zerret out

have 102k in kitty

• Soothsayer says:

How's your forward cover with nank in rucks, it could depend on who he leaves playing in the forward line. you need to cover a gap in either the ruck/mids/forwards with that dilemma so its hard to choose

• gator59 says:

Hi Sooth. have decided to go with big Maxy or Kruez which puts the Nank back into fwds

can cover all lines and if i make it through to prelims i have Merret to bring back in next week and swing yeo fwd which still leaves me with a good team…… fingers crossed the sc gods have done all there damage and cause no more pain other wise i'm TED……………ROOTED…

40. Stickman says:

Need to trade out one of HIbberd, Witherden and Nyhuis to fill the 6 for defence and one of Treloar, Merrett, Ablett and Cousins to fill the 8 in midfield.
    Got 3 trades left and 120k in the bank.
    Any help is appreciated.

41. Chief says:

Who would you start this week on field:
    Nank or Greenwood?

42. Cogla13 says:

Treloar has been named .. why trade him out?

43. Corey says:

R.Gray or Rockliff

• HarrisonThodis says:

If you're the underdog Rockliff, could storm it home, could also flop. If you're favourite then Gray, plus a home fixture to the suns last round

44. kevdup says:

Best trade in for Selwood out of:
    -Kelly
    -Fyfe
    -Oliver
    -Matt Crouch
    -Dayne Zorko

Money is not a issue!!

45. Rocksta says:

With one trade Josh, I'd keep it for an injury right up until Thursday teams are named in SC GF week.
    Even then, if you have cover perhaps keep it to see how things go throughout the round and use it for a late upgrade if no late outs.

46. Loop says:

For anyone who's playing Dream Team – look at the team of Statesman, he's 3rd. Pretty impressive.

47. Big G says:

Who is a better downgrade option – Allison from Brisbane or Corey Maynard from the Dees?

48. Soothsayer says:

Hi Community, I am stuck with a real dilemma for the first time this year with my last two trades – playing semi's this week.

1. Mumford/jelwood > Gawn/Oliver
    2. Jelwood/witherden > Danger/rookie (with Nank cover for Mumford)
    3. jelwood/witherden > Sloane/Ryan (nank as cover, lloyd into mids)

any opinions gratefully accepted.

49. Ole United says:

Start Heath Shaw or Luke Ryan? – wont have anyone to loophole unfortunately!

50. gator59 says:

LLOYD or Berry on ground

51. kevdup says:

Who out of Lynch and Selwood have the best chance of coming back and playing round 22 or 23. 1 trade left and lotsa money in bank :)

52. Cogla13 says:

spp rested, another one down.