SuperCoach RD20: The Heroes, The Villains, The Damned.

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on August 7, 2017 • views: 4098

Heroes-Villians-Damned

Not only did Adelaide cement their title as premiership favourites, they also did their SuperCoach owners a huge favour with a stunning display against Port Adelaide yesterday.

Eight Adelaide players smashed out SuperCoach tons in the Crows’ rout of the Power, five of those going 125+.

Coaches who owned a glut of Crows players were handsomely rewarded in what was the first round of league finals on the weekend.

Par for the week looked around the 2350 mark, with many coaches scoring north of 2400.

The Heroes

Adelaide had a field day against a disappointing Port Adelaide side, with the Crows posting some sensational numbers. Rory Sloane (151 SC), Brad Crouch (149 SC), Taylor Walker (140 SC), Matt Crouch (139 SC) and Eddie Betts (129 SC) all compiled mammoth scores, while Hugh Greenwood (114 SC) also got in on the action.

Hats off to Jack McRae (162 SC), who has been this season’s most consistent forward in a year where options have been baron. He was in sublime touch on Saturday night, compiling 32 touches and 11 marks at an elite 84% efficiency. Big Maxy Gawn (160 SC) was back to his dominant best against the Giants, despite copping a massive hit from Shane Mumford in the third quarter. Gawn racked up 52 hit outs and 19 disposals – 15 of them contested.

Freo pair Lachie Neale (156 SC) and Nat Fyfe (140 SC) were in splendid form for the Dockers, with Neale collecting 32 disposals, 9 marks, 10 tackles, 11 clearances and Fyfe registering 29 disposals, 10 marks, 6 tackles and 15 contested possessions.

The ridiculously consistent season of Tom Mitchell (128 SC) continued with another 35 disposal-display on Sunday, while Marcus Bontempelli (127 SC) and Taylor Adams (127 SC) both went 120+ for the second consecutive game.

Carlton trio Matthew Kruezer (131 SC), Marc Murphy (125SC) and Bryce Gibbs (124 SC) were all gallant despite the Blues’ close loss. Shane Mumford (129 SC), Jake Kelly (127 SC) and Stephen Coniglio (120 SC) were in top form for the Giants, while Luke Parker (134 SC) amassed 23 disposals, 13 tackles, 1 goal and 8 clearances to be one of Sydney’s best on Friday night.

Other significant scores: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (144 SC), Dyson Heppell (134 SC), Daniel Rich (133 SC), Mitch Duncan (132 SC), David Zaharakis (129 SC), Dion Prestia (124 SC), Billy Longer (123 SC).

The Villains

Sam Docherty (75 SC) was due for a quiet match after a staggering run of form this season, while Jake Lloyd (59 SC) and Lance Franklin (42 SC) had games they would rather forget on Friday night, despite the Swans’ big win over Geelong.

Ollie Wines (76 SC) is badly out of form and posted his third consecutive double-figure score, while Mitch Wallis (76 SC) can’t be relied upon to consistently score well each week.

Bacher Houli (51 SC) is prone to having the odd stinker, with seven clangers badly hurting his score. Saints veteran Nick Riewoldt (49 SC) already appears to be enjoying life in retirement, although he did cop a nasty hit to his face which impacted his output.

The Redeemers

If only Jack Steele (137 SC) could have produced this sort of performance earlier in the season. He was prolific for the Saints yesterday, collecting 26 disposals, 20 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 2 goals and 12 tackles. Teammate Jack Billings (130 SC) also produced a game of substance after a quiet period.

Josh Caddy (137 SC) posted a nice ton on the back of four goals, while Dan Hannebery (109 SC) had a welcome return to form. Pies pair Adam Treloar (116 SC) and Brodie Grundy (114 SC) were among their side’s best players, although Grundy faces a week on the sidelines following his tackle on Ben Brown, which left the Kangaroos forward concussed.

The Prodigies

Luke Ryan (116 SC) was the standout of the former rookies, belting out his second consecutive ton.

Jacob Allison (68 SC), Max Spencer (64 SC), Aidyn Johnson (53 SC), Luke Partington (34 SC) and Nick Larkey (19 SC) are all on the bubble this week. Brisbane’s Allison looks the pick of the bunch, clunking 7 marks to go with 17 possessions on the weekend.

Corey Maynard (72 SC) looked the goods on debut for Melbourne. Yet another player with a basketball background, he collected 18 touches and laid 7 tackles on debut.

The Damned

It’s a case of the usual suspects here. Heath Shaw (79 SC) continued his putrid 2017, while Tom Lynch (77 SC) was been highly inconsistent this season.

Big man Toby Nankervis (84 SC) again failed to produce a score of substance, with his new role up forward not helping his scoring. However, his owners may need to hold him if Grundy and Mumford get suspended – both will come under scrutiny over incidents in their matches on the weekend.

Joel Selwood (82 SC) is set to have surgery on his ankle. The Cats are hoping to get him back for finals, but that spells bad news for his owners. He’s got to go.

How did you go this week?

Twitter: @CarlPfeiffer9

Tags: ,

1. jez_m says:

Season is officially cooked. Selwood, Mumford and Grundy all out this week and no trades left. A harsh lesson to take into next year.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Very harsh, hope you kept Nank / bought Ryder? I had similar fun across the bye rounds with players out whose teams were playing, so save some for there as well….all the best for 2018.

• jez_m says:

Cheers Random. Goldstein to Ryder was my second last trade, so I do have a bit of cover thankfully. Suspect that won't get the job done for the rest of the season, though.

• Huckleberry says:

Shockingly bad luck but no more trades – you are kidding!!!!

• jez_m says:

Doesn't help when I've had to trade out blokes like Shaw (cooked), Greene (traded in then out again when suspended), Goldstein (dropped).

• Gutty says:

Is Grundy's suspension confirmed?

2. Diesel says:

Thanks for the 2400+ score team. much appreciated.
    Hows every one looking for trades and cash?
    just went BANG!! on Jelwood for Titch with my last trade and have $60k in the bank to spend on holidays and mad Monday.
    I was hoping to get final premo in forward line with that trade, but Joel's ankle had other plans.
    Here's hoping that Mumford doesn't get rubbed out, coz I only have Darcy as cover.
    defense and midfield have plenty of cover, but forward line only has Cocky and JKH covering.
    Oh SC gods, please be kind for the next few weeks.

• JohndJames says:

Still have two trades left,had to do two trades since round 16 due to injuries,140,400 in the bank.Would love to use those two trades left on improving the team,since I am in five semi finals this coming weekend,but I must stay strong and have them ready for injuries,have cover on all lines.

• Randomcliche2 says:

$6,500….. my trip will be smaller.

• Corey says:

Yeah this last round was a big disappointment with Selwood out for the season Witherden injured, Mumford and Merrett on report looking very much like an unsavable task with 2 trades left

• redherringfc says:

Last trade is either Selwood to Neale or Hurley (leaves either Scooter or Shaw on field)

I've got a 20k or 40k end of season trip. I'm thinking vegas.

3. Cian says:

Thoughts on…..

C. Cox –> 102k Rookie
    Jelwood –> Doc?

Leaves 62,900 in bank with 1 trade to go.

Team
    Def: Adams, Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Hibberd, Witherden (C. Cox, McNiece)
    Mid: Danger, Martin, Titch, Oliver, Bont, Jelwood, Beams, Greenwood (Cousins, Hibberd, Miles)
    Ruck: Kreuzer, Gawn (Soldo)
    Fwd: Macrae, Yeo, Dahl, Franklin, Heeney, Greene (L. Young, Eddy)

• Randomcliche2 says:

Basically you are still running Greenwood and Witherden with an injured Jelwood.

You've got 12,800 in the bank (always say this saves us having to work it out). If use trading Jelwood $486,400. For this you could buy R. Gray for $478k.

Given you have an unreliable bench at best, still with some rookies on field I'd be looking to hold those last 2 trades.

But if you are looking like crashing out this week, you might even consider Jelwood to Scooter, making circa $110k for an upgrade of Witherden/Greenwood to someone like a Parker.

So that's a nah, spend too high for the BE with your cash/cover/trades situation.

• Cian says:

Thanks Heaps

What about Jelwood –> Gibbs, R. Gray doesn't fill me with confidence

• JohndJames says:

Selwood to Fyfe ? he's looked good the last five rounds.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Gibbs is a very good chice. R Gray appears back to a mid role so is equally valid for mine. Will be my f1 lock next year.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Also given Alex has withered suggest the scooter plus Howe (is the cash works) option as the best way forward.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Or if you want to do a cheaper upgrade, which might be prudent Roberton, Simpson or Rance, or even Hodge for his last 3 matches!

• redherringfc says:

Don't waste a trade to make the cash. Looks like Witherden may be done as well.

I like the idea of Selwood to selwood and 110k. Let's you then do something with Witherden if injured, such as Rance or Roberton.

The Fyfe idea is also good, he's putting out some seriously good scores, but you have to burn a trade for cash.

4. Big G says:

any update on the witherden injury?

5. Bald&theBeautiful says:

How serious of a contender do you guys think Shane Savage (def) from the Saints is? 6 tonnes in a row with a 5 round average of 110 priced at $493k. Ultimate POD at 0.4% ownership. Using DPP swing to get him in for Jelwood… Or do you think Zerrett at $514k is the safer option? I'm just concerned about him getting tagged…

6. Winter says:

Zorko or Kelly ?????
    Can't choose

• jez_m says:

Kelly (just). Reckon GWS will get on a bit of a roll now.

• ProTravo says:

Josh Kelly mate, lowest score for the year was an 88. You know what you're going to get.

• Boi says:

I'd go with Kelly as well.

Zorks should get a bit of attention in the following weeks and you don't want one of his 50's.

Kelly seems the safer pick

7. onelasttrade says:

if you had to pick between billings and steele, who would you pick?

• Randomcliche2 says:

Steele, just as you save 11k for your mad Monday….hopefully less variation given more mid minutes….just don't say you own both and have only 1 upgrade available….why is this a question?

• redherringfc says:

If I had to pick between them it would be Steele, because it would save 11k and they would be on the bench.

If I needed to play one on the field I'd be picking Billings.

• ahmad rubas says:

ive had steele all year and what ive noticed is he scores really well but doesnt get much tog any st kilda fans know why this is?
      i would probably go billings because steele has been dropped this season and even though i have steele i would defintely upgrade him if i had the trades

8. hogans_heroes says:

I've got two trades left and 126k in the bank and currently am looking like this:

DEF: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Houli, Witherden (Ryan, Scharenberg)
    MIDS: Dangerfield, Martin, Titchell, Bont, Zerrett, Fyfe, Treloar, Ablett (Cousins, Hibberd (north), Brown0
    RUCKS: Martin, Ryder (Pruess)
    FWDS: Macrae, Yeo, Dahlhaus, Buddy, Heeney, Greenwood (Stewart, Black)

I want to upgrade my forward line to get someone to fill that F6 but not sold on anyone.

TRADES:

Shaw –> Hibberd (Leaves me 11k and one trade)
    OR
    Stewart –> Billings/JJK/Anyone under 459k???

Any thoughts?

• JohndJames says:

Greenwood at F6 is doing the job,Shaw to Hibberd would improve your team,but you have stuff all cover in your mids,so you might need those trades for later.PS I have the same on field forward line.

• hogans_heroes says:

Yeah I know the midfield back up isn't strong but north Hibberd works as a defensive DPP to get Adams/Witherden into the midfield and Brown works as a fwd DPP to get any of my mid/fwds nto the midfield if needed which has worked alright. Any other recommendations I could use to strengthen the line up you reckon?

• JohndJames says:

Your on field team is fine,I understand you wanting to improve it though,I have the same want with my team,but just feel you should keep those trades for when you really need them.You can cover Merrett / Witherden being out with Adams/Hibberd swing,like you mentioned and Ryan/Scharenberg are good enough to put on the field for now,just means if there are any more outs you will have to trade The trades you were contemplating do work,you just have to consider do you need to do them.PS what father jack is saying works.

• father jack says:

move ryder to forward line and get gawn for witherden. greenwood to midfield and hibbert to defence. ryan in to your team using hibbert 0 to see who is best between shaw and scharenburg, greenwood is then cover for zerrett if he gets a week

• hogans_heroes says:

How could I get ryder to my forward line? Don't have a swingman for him unfortunately so don't think I can do that

• father jack says:

by trading witherdon for gawn

• father jack says:

by trading witherdon out, hibbert moved to def, greenwood to mid, ryder to forward and gawn in

• hogans_heroes says:

Sorry I'm really confused by this one it may be starring me right in the face though haha. With my structure I still don't see how I can swap someone around for that trade to happen? I don't have a RUCK/FWD swingman to flip ryder up forward and do that witherden to gawn trade (I do rate that highly btw). How can that happen?

• The Ranger says:

Follow what Father Jack says HH,
                Click on the trade button on Witherden,
                Scroll down and look at Hibberd. You can see an S next to his name which when you click on it will sub him into DEF.
                Now look at Greenwood who will now have an S.
                Sub him to the MID.
                Now Ryder gets the S and you can sub him into the FWD line.
                Hey presto, here comes Big Maxy G!

• KICKITDOWNTHEGUTS says:

Swing Ryder forward for Greenwood or other rookie and bring in a ruckman….

• father jack says:

witherdon has most likely done a hammy and merritt is suspended. greenwood is playing so i would keep him

9. Nickf says:

Best choice for a sub 500k Selwood replacement? Sloane?

• ProTravo says:

Probably Sloane or Gibbs. I think Hanners will finish the season well with two big games at the SCG

• jez_m says:

Robbie Gray? Port have a nice run home.

• Randomcliche2 says:

My team has a couple of sub 500k mids in beams and Rocky….but I'd through R. Gray in the mix to go with pro Travo's options.

• redherringfc says:

Don't count on sloane to go that big again, I can only sell him once (I'm pretty sure he only went huge because i traded him out).

• redherringfc says:

serious note though, Rocky is dirt cheap and may be about to break out.

10. DacZawson says:

Have zero trades left.
    Still have Nank and Greenwood on-field.
    Selwood injured.
    Grundy likely suspended.
    And first week of finals I play a guy that has all 4 of the top scorers for the round (Macrae 162, Gawn 160, Neale 156, Sloane 151),
    Of course i had none of the 4.
    This season is starting to go downhill as quick as BT can shout "ORRRRRAAAAAZZZZIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO"
    Already pumped for next year.

• Crow says:

In the same boat as you mate, possible worse.
      Have 1 trade left
      Duncan likely gone for the week, Merrett also likely gone, Bench cover is Witherden (who is likely gone to) Bolton and Cousins. I can swing a fwd/mid to the middle and put Parsons on the ground but with Witherden most likely gone, i'd need Cousins or Bolton to both play because im trying to get the last trade because i finished top 4 in both my leagues, won 1 and got beat in the 2nd in similar way your opponent got lucky.

I put the VC on Duncan got 130 which was great, guy i played had VC on Parker who got the same, had to put Parsons on the ground because Greene was suspended. Had Macare, he traded Witts at the last second for Gawn which i also have. All of his players all performed higher than expected Fyfe 140, Parker 134, Mitchell 120, Murphy 125, Greenwood 114, Grundy 114, Hibbered 103, Gray 101, Roberton 85, Selwood 82 Wallis 76.
      The funny thing is that all my players all scored or just missed their projections but he just got the good end of the round which happens. People will say that im bitter, but it's more so that when every unique plays great, it's like "ever going to have a let down"? On to next week.

11. Bernie says:

Hi Carlos. I always look forward to your post so I can compare the information to my team.
    A question that has nothing to do with your with your excellent post.
    I have been a 7 day Herald Sun subscriber thus receiving Supercoach gold but I recently retired and I am now living between two my holiday house and Melbourne so I cancelled my subscription (My days at the various houses vary) and joined the $4.90 SC gold package that is offered. But, despite several calls to SC gold I cannot get any sense from them. I am missing the ongoing SC scores that SC gold provides so I can make informed decisions re looping etc but I only get the scores at the end of each game. What can I do and has anyone else experienced this problem.

12. Derek says:

time to hang up the boots on 2017, rank is stuffed, not in any major league finals and Hawks are out of the running for premiership glory.

I had a plan and i followed it to the letter.

It was a simple plan based on going Guns n Rookies (mills and Sandi my only mid-pricers), have an ideal final team written down and just pick them off as Fallen premiums as their price bottomed out.

where did it all go wrong?

simple answer is that my premiums were last years premiums.

Started with and kept for the whole season, Adams, Laird, Dangerfield, TMitch, Hannebury, Selwood, Dahlhaus & MaCrae…. all pretty safe selections without being outstanding

Got rid of Trelor (form) Fyfe (injury), Cyril (injury) and Gawn (injury). probably could have held onto trelor and fyfe.

Looking back at the Fallen premiums i traded in, it is hard to find a winner, Maybe Ryder.

R3 Nank $366k
    R13 Ablett $595k
    R14 Lloyd $411k
    R15 Bont $518k
    R16 Docherty $656k
    R18 Wingard $497k
    R19 RGray $469k

To be serious, at the start of the year if i knew i would be able to do the above, i'd be pretty happy with my team and my rank……..but it just wasn't anywhere near good enough. the "fallen premiums' had fallen in price for a reason and i wasn't good enough to know that and get on the form players. (i hate chasing points and paying more for players than their starting price).

What my team was missing was the breakout players, no Hibberd, Howe, Robertson in defence, No Dusty, Oliver, Kelly, Zorko, Blakely, Lyons, ZMerrett, Crouch in mids, No Witts or kreuzer in rucks and missing heeney and Yeo in the forwards.

Rookies, i had all the regular ones, had mcgrath and berry from round 1, but relied too much on rookies being on field and had some stinker scores from Simpkin, berry, Stewart, TT, SPP etc. the days of relying on rookies are over now there are no easy to pick GWS, Suns, essendon rookies.

i can't wait to have a close look at what the top 10 ranked players did this year and what they did to be successful.

Good luck everyone still in the running.

• INPieman says:

You hit the nail on the head Derek. Last years premos were last years premos. So many of them fell off a cliff. There is simply too many to list. The rookies are no longer as prevalent as you mentioned. I had quite a few mid pricers. And I thought I had too many. But the answer was I didn't have enough. The landscape has changed. Mid pricers are crucial moving forward. Finding value in the 200-400k bracket will be the key. I suspect the teams that are right up there this year did that

• Corey says:

The fallen premiums and definatly not recovered, Ollie Wines can be included in that category

• Derek says:

the way the game is now played is so different. Less stoppages, fast flowing, play on at all costs. Guys like JPK, pendlebury, priddis etc are left behind.

the tag is back in favor. you need to be a 6' 4' midfielder to break a tag now

i'll be doing some research on the players who change clubs, especially if they hadn't been getting a chance at one club and if there is any above average jump in performance.

• The Ranger says:

We've had a pretty similar season by the look of it Derek.
      Looking at that those trade ins thru 2016 eyes it looks bloody good but not this year.
      I'm really looking forward to 2018, it'll be good to start from scratch armed with this years data.

• ProTravo says:

I think a lot of people would be in the same boat Derek and whatever the top 10 ranked did this year might not necessarily work next year. There's heaps of skill and planning involved in Supercoach but there is also a lot of luck!

• Derek says:

agree. last years winner was very aggressive with their trades last year. Didn't wait for a rookie to fully max in price and was quick to dump a non performer

i did that a bit this year but very quickly ran out of trades, where i usually have 4 or 5 left at start of finals, this year i have one.

im sure there are people right now at the top of the rankings with no trades and Selwood out this week.

• Keenbutclueless says:

Hey Derek. Great analysis as usual. Looking forward to your comments and learnings through the pre season.
      A few things for me

Getting mid-pricers correct is still insanely difficult. At best they can be a stepping stone. I think Nank and Sandi proved to be ok as stepping stones. Roughy not so much. I also started with Mills, but I genuinely saw him as a keeper. Badly wrong.

The fact that the magazine identified Oliver and M Crouch as the next beasts should have been enough for us. It was laid out on a platter. Cripps being injured was enough reason to exclude.

One principle that I think has been challenged is the idea that a 123k rookie will be a better cash generator than the more expensive rookies. There were a few – Stewart, Otten, Butler and Houston. But all the rest that were picked round 1 were shite and the better ones came late – Newman, Greenwood and Witherdon. But I think we would have to say that Witts, WHE, Marchbank and McGrath were good value. Hampton and SPP (both more mid priced) were also good.

I think for me next year, I will try to keep the cheaper rookies as bench only, if I possibly can – until they can Prove that they are worth a spot Onfield. It was the turnover of these dud rooks that wasted my trades and limited my cash generation. I ended up with players I could afford, not the ones I wanted.

I think that there are some decisions you make that are meritorious but don't go as planned. Like you, Derek, I was convinced that Doc would be available cheaper at some point in the season. Basically every premo was, except Doc. He did have only one season of excellence before this year, the average was extraordinary, we didn't know if other teams were going to put time into him. But the simple fact is we were wrong. But you have to back the decisions you make. You can't start them all. You do have to identify which ones you think you can buy cheaper later.

My biggest regret is not starting Murphy. I was keen all preseason but his JLT form turned me off. I thought he would be the ideal change at the byes.

I will be definitely trying to get the players I want, not just the ones I can afford next year. It is quite dispiriting to look at the team I have now. For all my research and planning. For all my slavish attention to the good advice you get on this site. For all that, and this is the team I end up with?

Thanks for your contribution again this season. You are definitely one that I listen to carefully. Just because you had a bad season doesn't change that.

• Derek says:

Hey keen. Agree the mid-pricers are almost impossible to predict. last 5 seasons i think i had gone with about 20 midpricers for 3 successes.

i think what i have learned the most is to pick the form midpricer early, go with the gut. watch the games and if you see someone you like the look of, just get them even if everyone is getting someone else.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Wow. That list is definitely yesterday's heros.
      Great in 2016 but just failed to get the job done 2017.
      Definitely changing of the guard.

Biggest regret not bringing in otten before price rise.
      Held Hibberd thinking he would play next week and let otten go so missed out on points and vital cash gen for weeks
      Worked out if I had of done that trade I would be inside top 1000 teams
      But generally rookies just stunk it up and like all wasted trades trying to get something going.

Backing your gut is underrated. By all means do your due diligence but back your gut.
      My call to bring in Kruez for Sandi Rd 12 saved my season
      Also brought in Yeo early when was advised he would burn me and Heeney as had him in my starting team but had to wait till he played 2 games and looked to be over his sickness. Again advised to wait but pulled the trigger. Backed my gut.

All about timing, a little luck as that definitely plays a part and just enjoying the roller coaster that is Supercoach.

Next year take heed of the SC bible as they pegged the next SC beast(s). Bang on the money.

• Derek says:

as you can see, i started the year with 12 "keepers" and finished the year with 8 of them.

What was other people's success rate with their starting team keepers?

maybe i look at only 8 or 9 "keepers" to start next year.

• JohndJames says:

Hi Derek,a very good piece,Started with 11 ''Keepers'' finished with 9.Kept,Doc,Adams,Danger,Bont,Fyfe,Beams,Oliver,Dahlhaus and Buddy,traded out,Crouch in R3 and Dusty R6. Shouldn't have of cause,but at the time it seemed like a good idea.Next year will probably be looking at 2def,5mids,1 or2 fwds.so like you said 8 or 9 ''Keepers'' to start with.

• Northerner says:

I had 11 keepers. Included Nank who I've been loopholing for a while. Also kept Strnadica on top of that.

13. Big G says:

Kelly or Clarry Oliver?

14. ProTravo says:

Mitch Duncan would have to be the most underrated player in supercoach for the year…
    Higher average than guys like Sloane and Zerrett and only in 1.9% of teams!

15. Thomas says:

Hey guys, which mid should i be getting for Jelwood? This is my current midfield:
    Danger, Titch, Neale, Jelwood, Bont, Treloar, Fyfe, Rocky
    I know Dusty is probably a no brainer, but thinking i might need a POD. Cash isn't an issue

Thanks in advance!

• JohndJames says:

A bit late but I would go with Oliver only been under 100,four times three of those were 90's and a low of 80.Matt Crouch is the other one,he has been huge the last two months.

16. Shake n bake says:

You missed Jakobs in the heros rundown!! Very important to my side!!

17. Jim says:

1 trade left to replace Jelwood, 521k to bring someone in and I really can't decide who. I'm leaning towards Luke Parker or Beams. Brad Crouch could be a very nice POD though.. best 5 round average of any player I can afford with 114.2. Would have gone Zerrett if not for the 1 game ban, or i could just wait a week and cover Jelwood with Greenwood and then get Zerrett.. Any advice is very welcome

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Go lukey Parker
      I reckon he would have low ownership and got the hunger back

Extreme pod Conigilo -120 this week and raring to go after his break. GWS just look better with him in the team.

Beama.

18. Cogla13 says:

Grundy 2 weeks, Merret 1 week, Duncan 1 week, Hawkins 2 weeks, Mumford 1 week. Wow.

19. Shake n bake says:

My team hit hard with Mummy Merrett and Selwood out lucky l have 4 trades & 480k left was hoping Mummy got off playing dogs!! Oh well Mummy Merrett bench Ryder back in the ruck Selwood for ?? Witherden for ???

20. iLoveNMFC says:

Best options for Selwood under 489k? Didn't leave enough in the bank for Sloane and season is going down the drain… I'm thinking JJK or Roberton through DPP or Gibbs/Rocky/Whitfield?

• redherringfc says:

Rockies 99 is looking promising and at 377k he could be the best buy of the season.

If (big if, but not as big as a week ago) he gets his mojo back he is 300k under his real value.

• Randomcliche2 says:

R Gray

21. The Ranger says:

Wow! Mumford, Grundy, Merrett plus Selwoods injury…some peoples season just ended right there.
    Nightmare.

22. criticalunity says:

LMAO! Exactly as I have been suggesting. It is indeed the JewFL. If it isn't sanitizing and multiculturalizing the game, it's promoting and supporting the LGBTWSERDIOL agenda. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/footy-f

• criticalunity says:

Kike gets easily triggered. Get in the oven already.

• criticalunity says:

lol Hymie. Seen the state of Europe lately. Now, let's look at the facts. Since the jews declared war on Germany in 1933, the British Empire has fallen, the Soviet Empire has fallen, the American Empire is on its last legs. Stockholm is the rape capital of the world, Paris resembles a human sewer, London has a majority non-white populace, and its Muslim mayor claims that terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city. Since Hitler, kids are being encouraged to explore their sexual identities, are being taught how to perform perverted sexual acts, divorce is encouraged, homosexuality and same sex marriage legalized, national and personal debt is skyrocketing, birth rates are at there lowest … but you keep rubbing those hands Hymie. Hitler was 100% right. Hundreds of generations of family inbreeding is how you end up with this level of nightmare fuel.

23. The Hoff says:

Trading Grundy swaping him with ryder in to forward already have YEO,HEENEY,MACREA,DAHLHUS,WESTHOFF who should get iin

24. Tommo09 says:

Treloar, Beams, Sloane or someone else under 496k?

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Gibbs,Hanners,Wines,Gaff,Shuey,Gray, Rockliff ect – too many to choose from Tommo, can't make my mind up also.

However I'll look at who is playing for finals as their output should higher

25. TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Community.

I have a week off during the SC finals!

Normally, that means season over for the Tophawks after finishing 1531 and out of trades. (Out in straight sets in 2016)

This year is different.

3 prelims await….within the best leagues in the nation! WOW

Defeating a coach ranked 128 in SC at this time this season was so sweet! (Addicts Anonymous)

With the likes of Mummy, Grundy, Zerrett suspended and Jelwood and Witherden injured, the SC spanner has just been tossed into the meat grinder.

• JohndJames says:

You did well Hawk,as you said it would have been sweet.I only made one prelim but have five semi finals this weekend,the only league I missed the finals in,came 9th,was ''Rogue Traders''ranked 326,the team that will most probably win that is ''Victory In Sight'' ranked 22.so if someone is able to beat him,it will no doubt be due to him getting injuries and not having the trades.Out of my five semi finals,I'm looking good in four but the fifth,no hope,up against the 266 ranked team in the ''Barron's Cup''league.well maybe a bit of hope,he scored 2406 in his qualifying and I got 2409 in my elimination final.

• Beezneez says:

I'm in the same league Hawk but in the minor premiership race. I ranked 13th after the minor round even though I was the 6th highest scorer. It is such a strong league that it seemed like every week I was being beaten by teams ranked below me, often by a handful of points. Last week, I was going to trade Nank for Gawn and Greene for Kennedy but held off because I thought I might need them with Jelwood going down in game one. This week I have Selwood, Merrett and Witherden to deal with. I can swap Witherden with Adams and put Ryan on the field to cover and will trade out Jelwood. I dropped from 742 in round 4 to just over 6000. Still waiting to get back to my glory days when I ranked 32 in my first ever year – about 8 or 9 years ago. The lesson to be learnt from this year is like Derek has said – think long and hard before sideways trading premos (always a golden rule but broken this year on account of injuries as well as form drops). Trades are a;ways needed at this time of year.

26. ahmad rubas says:

my opponent this week for the semi final has grundy in the ruck he can cover with nankervis but his midfield is ruined pendlebury kennedy selwood merret and duncan all gone/ possibly gone and his other 3 mids titch bont danger

27. JohndJames says:

What would have been peoples best trades that they did in a certain round.Mine was R13. Otten to Ryan,Taranto to Heeney, WHE to Macrae.

28. Northerner says:

For those short on cash for a Jelwood fix, give Mengelola consideration. Contested ball beast. More mid time with Jelwood out. Last two week form line 120/130. Cats trying to cement top 4.

• Leeds17 says:

I like this it's fraught with danger but I do think there's big up side, In R15 when Selwood was out he scored 130, obviously last week without Danger in the team he scored 113, Duncan (probably) and Selwood missing this week he'll be right in the guts.

• The Ranger says:

And he kicked 2 goals and 3 behinds when he probably should have kicked more.
        Nice tip Northerner.

• Derek says:

yep. looking closely at him for Selwood.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Could get DPP next year.
      Already does in fantasy.
      Be straight in 2018 if that's the case.
      Another one highlighted in.the SC bible.

29. Rick Grimes says:

Will have to dump Zerrett, most likely. One trade left. It's about this time each year when you think about the 2-3 really shite, wasteful trades you made. We'll all make it a new year's resolution to keep more trades for finals, and we'll all be doomed to repeat our failures. Good gsne, but.

• Shake n bake says:

Try and trade a player on you bench l have witherden and trading him instead Merrett. At least Merrett will be back the following week you just might need him.

30. Yea says:

20k short of tom mitchell in for joel selwood. Lachie Neale the next best option? Can afford anyone else in the mids. Thanks

• Rick Grimes says:

Neale looks a good buy. I'm thinking for an out side the box Coniglio pick. Season probably done anyway. It's fun to 'risk it for the biscuit'.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Why don't u go for a pod in Duncan Rick.
        Been good all year and flying under the radar.

• Steeeve says:

Hope this is a joke, Duncan is rubbed out.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

U got me.
            Playing Rick in the finals this week :)

• Rick Grimes says:

Reckon you'll get me Trig. My team has been in a decline since peaking I'm The 700s. Hoping some of my spuds grow shoots this weekend. Been a good league, thanks for setting it up and the updates.

31. Chubby McChubby says:

Crouch, Neale or Kelly

• Rick Grimes says:

Draw straws, all great options. You could argue that 1 and 3 have more to play for. I'd probably go Matty Crouch.

32. The Ranger says:

3 trades and 105K left.
    Got Grundy, Selwood and Witherden.
    Grundy – Kreuzer seems an obvious choice but then Selwood to ???
    Got $520,900 to spend and there's a long list to pick from..
    Sloane, Rocky, Murphy, B.Crouch, Treloar, Sidey, Gibbs, Parker, Cotchin, Coniglio, R.Gray…
    Love to get the community's thoughts on who scores the most over the next three games.

I could also go Selwood – Dusty and Grundy to Martin or Z.Smith but Kreuzer seems to good to pass up.

33. Don't Blush Baby says:

Ease stands down at the Suns after the board said he won't have the job next year, reckon he will be back at the Pies as an assistant to Buckley

34. INPieman says:

Rumours Tom Lynch has done a PCL & done for the season. There goes 30 points per week

• Shake n bake says:

Its true.

• Swans2012 says:

That is going to make my greenwood to t lynch trade last week now my record worst decision…..

• The Ranger says:

Jeez, on top of all the other outs that sucks!
      There will be teams struggling to field 22 this week.

• INPieman says:

There will be Ranger. Most teams probably under 2 trades left. Many are out & sounds like Witherden is done as well

• Swans2012 says:

I've lost witherden Selwood and lynch this week, witherden and lynch were bench players anyway but still pretty tough to fix three problems with one trade lol

• The Ranger says:

I have Selwood, Grundy, Lynch and Witherden….so far….and its only bloody Tuesday….

• INPieman says:

I've got Selwood zerrett lynch & Witherden. Big trouble

• Beezneez says:

Can't believe that. I have the same outs as you Pieman. Thought I had them all covered with one trade now Lynch's out puts a spanner in the works. Could cover with Josh Thomas who is probably not the worst option considering the chasm between Lynch's good and bad scores. Don't want use my last trade on Lynch to JJK.

• Swans2012 says:

Gee that's perfect storm sort of stuff guys, I defer to your greater pain! Although Surely there is someone out there with zerret, lynch, grundy, Mumford, witherden and Selwood.

• hedski says:

Selwood, Witherden, Zerrett, Lynch, Mummy, maybe Rooey.

• INPieman says:

Shit Hedski. Got any trades left? We need some titanic theme music going on here

• hedski says:

Na I'm fingered, lost my elimination by 1 point last week, I'll be lucky to field 20 this week in my last league final that I'm alive in, that'll be if Deluca gets a game…..

• INPieman says:

Peel had a bye so Deluca didn't play mate. He will need some injuries. Anything possible the way this week is going! I've got Deluca as well & will be praying he plays

35. Cogla13 says:

All suspensions accepted.

36. Joe says:

Who can I trade in for Lynch? Only have 421k and will be my final trade

37. Soothsayer says:

Who is the best replacement for Selwood? I can get anyone except Dangerfield, I have dusty and crouch but looking at Oliver, Neale, even Sloane if he is unlikely to get tagged by Essendon and the swans. I'm not sure about Menagola.

38. The Ranger says:

Carnage S'n'B….bloody carnage everywhere.
    This will go down as the Great Outage of 2017, kids will talk about it in years to come.

39. Chubby McChubby says:

Any two out of Mitchell, Crouch, Kelly or Neale. Cant afford both Mitchell and Crouch. Fave for League comp Im in has Mitchell and Neale