SuperCoach RD17: LekDog’s Cheat Sheet

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on July 12, 2017 • views: 13951

LekdogCheatSheetRd16

G’day Community,

Welcome to an emotional Cheat Sheet.

I take full responsibility for Cripps‘ injury, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut but I  just love him so much!

So to all those who listened to me, you must now use a coveted trade to get rid of Cornboy…I am sorry. Luckily we have a bunch of good options to bring in including some very tasty P.O.D’s.

We have some cash generation this week but nothing super exciting, all of our bubble boys are looking flimsy at best.

In the forward line I couldn’t find anyone who hadn’t featured in the Cheat Sheet recently so I’ve gone with some cheap P.O.D’s, you don’t need to tell me about the risks associated with them I already know (but I do like lambert’s game).

Thanks to Fantasy Insider who sponsor this segment and have helped me to develop some skills in the daily fantasy realm. If you want a leg up on the competition then start your free trial with Footy Insider and gain access to the best fantasy footy tools in the known universe.

Anyway, we all know the good stuff happens in the comments so that’s where I’m headed now!

Lek

Cheat Sheet Round 17 Click To View

TWO DRAFTSTARS ACADEMY OPPORTUNITIES THIS WEEK:

AcademyContentNextWeek

ENTER THE ACADEMY CONTEST HERE

1st – $100, 2nd – $50, 3rd – $30, 4th – 35th – $10

READY TO GRADUATE? ENTER THE $2 BUY-IN CONTEST HERE

Limited entries – so get in quick sticks! Click here to catch up on Higgo’s Draftstars genius so far

Thanks to our supporters Fantasy Insider, the home of the #1 tools for Australia’s fantasy elite

CheatSheet Post

Tags: ,

1. Winter says:

DEF: Doch, Laird, Adams, Simpson, Lloyd, Shaw (Ryan, Witherden)
    MID: Danger, Pendles, Merrett, JPK, Jelwood, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe (Greenwood, Mountford, Cousins)
    RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Buddy, JJK, Nank (Stewart, Bolton)

With only 4 trades left and 30k in the bank is it worth downgrading Stewart and upgrading one of the fallen premiums because there's heaps or should I just be sucking it up and saving for the rest of the year….
    Cheers

• Russty_ says:

I'd hold mate, you're gonna need all those trades and your team looks pretty good, I reckon run with what you have and hope for no injuries for awhile.

2. Eric_the_Red says:

Is it worth downgrading Greenwood now so that I can upgrade scharenberg/Ryan to Hurley instead of fielding one of them? I know he has a low breakeven but I'm wondering if getting to full premium is more important?

• SC_Kev7 says:

I can see the appeal, Eric, though I reckon having someone like Greenwood who has fantastic scoring potential and can cover two lines will be invaluable. End of the year we'll start seeing the ol' general soreness read its head

• Stirlsy says:

Agree with Kev and Trigga, even tho Greenwood is the main rookie carrying cash, he will serve as great cover from now on.
      His my last rookie on ground but i see more value in keeping him for cover, iv only got 2 trades 92k in bank and need a FWD to complete team, no rush its all about leagues for me now and im well placed in my 3 leagues 3rd,3rd and 5th and defending champ in one of them.

• LEKD0G says:

Hold him if named this week

3. Benjamin B says:

Cheers Lek,
    I already have 6 Premo Defenders but im lookign to bring in Hurley and have Lloyd has D7.. Is that wise?
    Then next week getting in Jelwood and my team is full premo.
    Will have 4 trades left after both trades

4. Stav says:

Seb ross, Sloane, Selwood, Neale or clayton

• Ja191 says:

in order selwood ross (cuz pod) neale clayton sloane

• Finnius123 says:

selwood, neale, ross, oliver, sloane

• Tyruddanaut says:

In what case?
      For Captain I'd say Selwood, Neale, Clayton, Ross then Sloan because of his tag
      If you want to bring one in then I'd say Selwood, Neale, Sloane, Clayton then Ross

• BlueNath says:

Call me mad, but I'm backing in Sloane to finish the year strong. Was everywhere in the game against the doggies and could have scored much more than he did. I think he is ready to explode again. Then again, I've been wrong so offer this SC season :/

• Captain Risky says:

He will cop a tag from Vince this week and probably be a turd. I'd hold off for at least another week…

• SC_Kev7 says:

He was everywhere because the Dogs didn't have a bloke hanging off him. Wasnt he up near 700k at one point?

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Was the man early.
          Think he got to about $680k after some monster scores.
          Then the tag was applied to.great effect.
          Monkey see monkey do.
          He is now $480k which would be great value if he could prove he could handle a tag.

• Randomcliche2 says:

He was surprisingly let loose by one of the best inside teams in the comp, couldn't get it inside, and even though Adelaide burnt them to a crisp on the outside, he still didn't go massively large….perfect opportunity to go large and didn't. I don't see a very high ceiling, I also see a chasm down to his lowest scores….no thanks, not until he's proven he can bust a few tags apart. Watch Titch this weekend, he'll get Scooter sitting on him, still get circa 30 disposals and tonne up. That is what you want in premo, high floor, and the chance to go very large. Sloane's early high consistent scoring is a thing of the past… do not anchor yourself there.

• LEKD0G says:

Neale, Selwood, Sloane, Ross, Oliver

5. Jim_bob321 says:

Any suggestions for my team this week. Here it is:
    DEF: Doch, Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Witherden (Ryan, Schaz)
    MID: Danger, Zorko, Bont, Murphy, Wines, Treloar, Fyfe, SPP (Cousins, Brown, Hibberd)
    RUCK: Martin, Nank (Darcy)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Ryder, Heeney, Wallis (Greenwood, Strnadica)
    Currently have 7 trades with 303k in the bank
    Thanks community

• SmoothCriminals says:

SPP to Joel Selwood? Selwood will be cheaper next week, but so will SPP so you may as well grab the points now

• SC_Kev7 says:

Agree with SC, definitely move on SPP. Plenty of budget choices like Parker/Ward I'd go straight to the top and get Titch

• Tyruddanaut says:

Selwood is far too cheap to pass up! He has 2 more spots until full premo and 7 trades which means he needs to hold trades

• Tyruddanaut says:

SPP should be your only trade this week. You shouldn't trade for Selwood or someone in the midfield, though, but you should use DPP to get Witherden into the midfield and get in a nice premium defender e.g. Hurley. Actually Hurley is too good to not be in your defense and Jelwood can always go down in price

• Jim_bob321 says:

Hmmm good options guys thanks for ur tips.
        Either SPP to Jelwood or Hurley…

• Jim_bob321 says:

I'm going Hurley as he seems to be a POD.
          Then next week I'll go Greenwood to Jelwood depending on the situation

6. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Should i get Ryder in as F6 after greenwood reaches his max price? Or are there better options

• Tyruddanaut says:

He's finally getting stats on the board which is good but I don't think he will continue. Earlier this year he was in All-Australian contention but it was the way he played which strongly benefitted the team. This isn't the NBA and a coach will inform his players if he wants them to play for the win and not for the stats. If Port want to continue to win then his SC needs to fall

7. James says:

9 trades left, 34k in the bank. Any suggestions would be appreciate because I'm stuck for trades!!

DEF: Docherty, Simpson, Laird, Adams, Newman, Shaw (Ryan, Witherden)
    MID: Danger, Merrett, Zorko, JPK, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Jelwood (Bolton, Lloyd, Cousins)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (English)
    FWD: Heeney, Macrae, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Nank, Greenwood (Strnadica, Parsons)

Thanks!

• Russty_ says:

Your team looks allright to me, if you wanted to open up a Ruck swing again you could trade English for Buzza.

• James says:

Thanks Russty I couldn't really think of anything to do. The only thing I can do is just wait for my rookies to go up in price and then eventually downgrade and upgrade.

• Russty_ says:

Sometimes it's better to do nothing, if you don't really have to, and have plenty of trades left for finals, how are you going in your leagues? Depends on that too…if you need to get into the 8 from down the ladder or not.

• James says:

I'll probably just do the trade you said leaving me with 8 trades. I'm equal first in one of my leagues but in my second league I'm 9th.

• Russty_ says:

If you do get Buzza, gives you a bit of extra cover flexibility in case one of your rucks just goes out for a week or 2, having those 8 trades left should get you into the 8 cause chances are half the guys in your league will be out of trades or very low by finals time lol.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Time for Newman to take the boot! Out he goes and in comes someone good. You can't afford Hurley but you don't have to because Lloyd and Hibberd are open for business and real cheap.
      Also, for your final spot in D6, you may have to trade out Greenwood and Parsons/Ryan/Witherden. Or you can only use one trade and in comes Lynch

The alternate alternative is to get in JJ this week and next week get someone much better in Forward

8. Tyruddanaut says:

I've been wondering why I have so little trades and such a mediocre team this year. I have 4 trades left at full keeper and only 13 players at 100+ avg. and 3 above 110. Those three are the very classy Tom Mitchell, Docherty and PATRICK DANGERRRRRFIIIIEEELLLDDDDDD
    I've come to the conclusion that there is one main reason

I need to be more patient with trades. I finished my Midfield very early and I didn't have much flexibility. Then someone like Jelwood comes along and I can't get him. I panic trades Fyfe, Hanners and Touhy and got two burnt out players (Adams and Nank) with only one quality one (Oliver)
    Along with that I traded in Bont at 600k, Pendles at 580k, Dixon at 500k and used 2 trades getting in and out Newman across two weeks

Hopefully I don't stuff up next year

At least you've got Titch…wish I had him lol

• Stirlsy says:

Titch, not sure how I didn't start him either, 4 players avg 110 or better for me Tyruddanaut its just been a different year.

• Russty_ says:

I think I avoided him Stirlsy, cause he was starting at a new club and wasn't sure what his output would be like, there goes that theory out the window lol…then he just got too expensive for me to afford.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Lekdog did a piece last year that showed, players performance by position following a move, midfielders did the best improvement on average. You have correctly identified your theory as invalid. Fish it out and have a read.

• Russty_ says:

Best to make notes mate, of all the mistakes you think you made and refer back to them next year, sounds like you burned at least 5 or 6 going sidewaysy.
      You can't blame yourself for the way Bont, Pendles, Hanners Adams and Touhy turned out though, but they could all still bounce back for you.
      The only one of those I wouldn't touch again is Dixon…possibly Pendles next year if he doesn't lift his game but I suspect he will cause he's a champ.

• INPieman says:

There is no perfect science to this game. Logic says finish the mids first. But a new wave emerged as the ever reliables fell apart except Danger & few others. Upon reflection defence was probably the line to finish first. Defence used to be the line we looked at & cried. Not anymore

• SC_Kev7 says:

I still look at my defence and cry, Pieman

• The Ranger says:

I actually did finish my def line first and deliberately started the season with only 5 keeper mids as I couldn't get a read on who would be the top eight mids this year….still had a crap year.
        If you don't get your keepers right from Rd.1 you're coming from a long way back.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Its a bloody hard caper this supercoach business. You need a bit of luck along the way to have any hope really. Not all hope is lost mate. 4 trades are 4 trades. Use them smartly and ride your luck from here. My season so far has been below par compared to last year scoring wise. The only thing I have going for myself compared to last year is that I still have 6 trades compared to 4 this time last year. Still, this time last year I was inside the top 1000,(currently around 3800) but ran out of gas (no trades) during the finals and got creamed. Final ranking was around 1500. Who knows, might make a little charge at the end and run down my ranking from last year. Cheers mate

• The Ranger says:

Everyone is below par scoring wise eh Tophawk?
        After 16rds last year I had 34,462pts and was in 1,551st position.
        The same amount of points this year would see me in 173rd.

I think that's down to the low scoring rookies that are going to become the norm now that the GCS and GWS teams are fully up and running.

• Derek says:

Frustrating game. My team looks pretty good now, anyone coming up against me will know they are in a decent battle, as long as I don't have JPK and Ablet types missing weeks.

My biggest problem this year was the time taken to get to full premium, waiting for my rookies to fatten was bad enough, but having week after week of 3, 4 or 5 rookies onfield and they score 30's.

GunsNRookies was tough this year, especially when the guns were only average and the next level down, Sloane, Olivers, Kelly's, Murphy's killed it.

• Moustachio says:

Don't buy high.

• Free Kick says:

TRADES ARE GOLD!! Especially come finals time..
      Sideways trades are often a waste as more often than not the premo you trade almost always comes good.
      As Bluenath also correctly points out bench cover is essential for the finals.
      I'm holding Greenwood and also have held Steele and Hoskin-Elliot for that very reason.
      I also now don't worry too much about trading in DPP's until closer to the finals for added flexibility
      Not an expert by any means but with Supercoach the carnage always comes !!
      Oh, did I mention TRADES ARE GOLD !!!

9. Stirlsy says:

Good stuff Lek as always…. off to have an early look at Draftstars now.

10. Russty_ says:

Oh good news everyone….Jaeger O'Meara is on track to return this season!….wahoo…let's all jump on!, maybe in 2065 when I'm dead!

• INPieman says:

I worked out if he doesn't play again this season he will be close to the same starting price next year. Hopefully we've learnt out lesson. Having said that he'll probably come out & go 110+

• Russty_ says:

Still on my never again list after this season Pieman…and the first time I put him in haha, 3rd time's a charm!

• Stirlsy says:

Nup think the Hawks backed in 2 losers this time around, they have picked up some beauties from other clubs in the past and got Tich right, but Ty and JOM look like wrongs at this stage.

• Derek says:

TMitch was a beautie. Easily the recruit of the year. The Hawks do it again!

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Indeed!! Had Titch since the start. Ball magnet extraordinaire. I think I have only had 3 hawks players in the last 2 years. At least it helps when you pick the right ones. Hope the hawkers can make a charge for September action from here. That draw against GWS was very very handy.

• INPieman says:

I'll be barracking for the Hawks to miss the finals & the Saints get a top 10 pick. All non Hawks supporters will be doing the same

• Defying_Madness says:

We all know what the Saints do with their picks anyway lmao

• Russty_ says:

What is it that they do with their picks?

• Randomcliche2 says:

Have a look at the Saints drafts from 2008-12….I think perhaps one 100 game player there…. 2013 onwards have more potential….but even Billings was taken over the Bont and Cripps. *insert Higgo voice here* So I think he's trying to say the Saint's waste them, as indicated by the 'lmao' sign-off.

• Whatyasmokin says:

I'll be giving Jaeger another chance if he's 300K again.

He's the only mid pricer that burned me this year so why not. Doubt there will be options like Oliver, Witts, Otten, Sandi, Steele and Nank next year, but we will see.

• LEKD0G says:

Agree, can't pick a guy whose legs don't work

11. Russty_ says:

Hey guys, if you're looking for a very reliable defender who plays every week really cheap.($179600)…and could be the difference between winning and losing your league grand final (if he has to provide cover for a late out) then Nathan Brown is your man, he scores sweet bugger all every week, but is always on the park lol.

He is the new Zac Dawson at StKilda, but without the Grand Final losing mistakes.

12. TOPHAWK1 says:

Should I wait one more week before getting Jellwood? I have 6 trades left, and holding out one more week could turn out to be a master stroke with trade firepower coming into finals or leaving my run to late. I have duds like Hannebery, Treloar, Nankervis, and now Stef Martin is also becoming an issue. I do have Danger, the Doc, Titch, Dusty, and Laird. The key 5 that are a must have IMO. I also have quality rooks in Ryan, Witherden, Berry, Greenwood, and Hibberd and $125K in the warchest. Should I wait, or go for it community. Its this time of the year I usually fark things up. Cheers

• BlueNath says:

i would personally wait. If you don't NEED to trade, then it's best to wait and assess the carnage over the weekend. Anything can happen, and usually does, and it may change your priorities completely

• finnigin says:

cant see any rookies worth trading and if you have some cover , why die wondering , go hard or fook up , im in same posey and going for it, rather try for a pb than being conservative

• Russty_ says:

I was gonna trade Selwood in this week hawker, but decided not to now, I have 7 left and 217k.

It was gonna be Pederson out for Selwood but I can choose between Pederson or Greenwood onfield so it's not really necessary, I'm in the top 8 of most of my leagues barring one where I'm 4th highest points scorer but 14th on the ladder lol.

The extra 20 or 30 k waiting on Selwood saves ya could make all the difference when it comes down to the pointy end.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Thanks Russty. You are in very good shape with your trades and cash on hand.

I am in the the 8 in 4/5 leagues. The one that I am 11th in, is the shafted league…….. Aka know as "First to go Woo" league. LOL Every week I play a side in that league, it just happens my opponent has to have a blinder.

That said, my side is in that same mode as yours. Plenty of warm body cashcow rooks, and fit on field premo players across all lines.

Sometimes doing nothing is doing the most to benefit your position during battle.

Cheers Russty!

• hedski says:

Ha. That's my league Toppa, first league put up on the JR site this season, got some good teams in it, I'm coming 10th 0.6% above you, play ya next week. Hope I have a blinder. Woo.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

The one i wanna play finals in is the happy place hawk.
          So competitive need to make every post/trade a winner
          With similar team flavours the pod is going to be crucial either for a big score or if they flop
          Gonna be good

• J.K says:

Hoping Stef Martin picks it up his week with Smith dropped!

13. Derek says:

One thing I did get right this year, and I wrote a lot about this pre season, was the clubs moving towards having 2 rucks. Since the vest was abolished.

Kruizer, Witts, McElroy, Jacobs, Nank, have all been must haves….. all Lone Wolves

• INPieman says:

You did call that one Derek. Your lone wolf argument was bang on. Kruezer Witts & Nank tremendous value. But Jacobs & McEvoy a long way from must have territory

• Russty_ says:

McElroy is a lone Wolf Golfer but I think I know what you're getting at lol.

Not to mention how shite Grundy and Martin became when there was a second ruck played at times.

14. BlueNath says:

Some words of wisdom… bench cover is vital in the last few rounds of the year.

It happens every year… the teams that can't make it start planning for next year. The can put away premos for surgery to get them right for a full pre-season and start playing kids. Sometimes they'll put premos in a different position to try out kids / new structures etc. Also, teams that are locked away for finals may premos to ensure they are cherry ripe.

All this can play havoc with our teams. Not to mention the usual injuries and suspensions that occur. So typically, the final few rounds of our SC year, typically when we have bugger all trades (if any) left, is when our team depth is tested!

My point is that you need guys like Greenwood! He is scoring decent and is DPP! Those trading him I believe are mad. He could save you a donut or two. Also, he is capable of going 100+ so is a valuable loophole option too. Others like Berry, Witherden, Lloyd, Nank are in the same boat.

Think carefully before trading away guys like Greenwood. Your bench cover is as important to think about as the premos you want to have on the ground

• Russty_ says:

Agree, trading Greenwood out is a mistake, he's great cover or a starter for the rest of the season.

• Stirlsy says:

Sound words there B.N

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Excellent advice, I have Witherden ,SPP,Greenwood & Nank as my cover

• Moustachio says:

Whether you get a 75 (expected av) from Greenwood or a 55 from some spud rook you downgrade him to, doesn't matter much (if you want his cash). It's just a matter of having that spud rook to go to who has JS.

People keeping him at F6 when they have trades not to are nuts imo.

15. Honeyb says:

Hanners to zorko thoughts community

• Russty_ says:

If you've got plenty of trades, I guess it can't hurt mate.

• Derek says:

If you know that Zorko won't be tagged. He averages 61 when tagged and 123 when not tagged.

Brisbane do have one of the easiest tun home.

Hanners copped a corked thigh early in game two weeks ago, has effected him. Remember the corky Fyfe got from S Mitch.

Hanners will come good, Swans are a serious contender, but he needs to get back in the guts.

I'm holding Hanners, but I only have 5 trades left.

• Honeyb says:

Ok sweet I've got 8 trades left 240k in the bank need two premo mids thinking zorko this week selwood next week leaving 6 trades full premo side…. Hanners is a bit of a wasted trade and I am chasing points but I doubt zorko will be this cheap again guidance community please

• Leeds17 says:

Corkie and the fact that Sydney had a the walk over that is GC the next game where he had a lot of tackles but I don't think really put in is why he'll survive another week in my team, thin ice though.

• LEKD0G says:

After rerading your comment I reckon you just try to get Selwood in this week and hold Hanners

• finnigin says:

get the zork on your fork mate , gun, im lucky i shot watson off for him and now watson rested , little win for me

16. Russty_ says:

Anyone a bit concerned about Buddy's average at Spotless Stadium VS the Giants?…it's 55.5 from 2 games, (57 and 54).

Back him in or play Greenwood onfield instead?

17. Sam_01 says:

Had Cripps all year and just as he was coming good his leg gets snapped in half
    Should I go down to Parker or Selwood leaning toward Selwood just because I have no cash and 50k in the bank could be handy currently 5 trades

18. SCNoob says:

Taking suggestions. 8 trades left and $51,200 in the bank.

DEF – Docherty, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, McGovern, Newman (Witherden, McNeice)

MID – Dangerfield, T Mitchell, Bontempelli, Pendlebury, JP Kennedy, Gaff, Treloar, Fyfe (Fisher, Pickett, Brown)

RUC – Grundy, Gawn (Strnadica)

FWD – Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Lynch, Greene, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

19. Joe T says:

If my current F6 is Greenwood and rest of the side is fully premo, is it worth holding trades this week?

Would have to downgrade somewhere and then upgrade Parsons to a fwd premo to finish my team, making Greenwood an F7. But if I do that now I'll be down to only 4 trades for the year

20. neil Demons Delight says:

Parsons might just be worth keeping appears to have good j s

• INPieman says:

He's posted a couple of good scores recently. But they might be few & far between from now on

• Seeker says:

Started OK with 2 60s then scored 19 when on the bubble. However hasn't missed a game since that bubble game even when he was only getting single figure possessions, with Parfitt playing (when not seriously injured), and getting more games than Black…I suppose 50-60 points as fwd cover is better than a Donut. He might also survive longer than Greenwood too if Hugh isn't named tonight.

• Derek says:

I have no idea how he scored so well last week. Was on 83 with 8 touches

21. Dan says:

Should I trade out Shaz and Eddy to Junket and Jelwood this week or next week? If I do it this week, means I can loop Lynch and Greenwood this week, but if I wait till next week, gotta play Lynch on field and I'll loop Greenwood and Witherden.

22. Don't Blush Baby says:

Eddy would be a waste of a trade imo, not going to get much for him , he's actually a chance to play this week with BE of minus 30 , i personally hope he doesn't get picked as he my loopy

• Pauly Walnuts says:

Agree DBB on not trading Eddy And The Cruizers – not a bad flick if anyone hasn't seen it

23. Lou says:

Taking suggestions. 3 trades left and $12K in the bank.

DEF – Docherty, Laird, Hurley, Lloyd, MHibberd, McGrath (Scharenberg, NBrown)

MID – Dangerfield, T Mitchell, Bontempelli, Oliver, Sloane, Ross, Heppell, S Selwood (Barrett, Mountford, D Lloyd)

RUC – Grundy, Ryder (Strnadica)

FWD – Yeo, Macrae, Steele, Neal-Bullen, Nank, Greenwood (Parsons, C Brown)

I am thinking I will trade out Barrett and S Selwood (or ABN) for Jeelwood. But maybe I should wait and get a better forward? Any suggestions? Only have 3 trades!

• Joe T says:

3 trades makes that really tough! I'd say if you're a sure thing for league finals then hold. With that amount of cash and trades left you've really only got room to get 1 premo

Logic would say get Jelwood as mids generally score the most points, another option is trade out Scooter and ANB and get Gawn by swinging Ryder forward

• Dave says:

Aww mate this is a sad thing to hear.

Maybe use one trade but you really have to hold..
      Problem is not much $ in bank.
      Ahh good luck, but dont run out of trades

• Lou says:

I was quite happy with most of my team just don't like how I've wasted a few trades. Might wait a week and Jelwood

• Yea says:

you must have really butchered some trades to only have 3 left but you still have steele neal bullen and greenwood on ground fwd along with mcgrath and s selwood. Hoping for a miracle

24. Franks Flamingios says:

Just wondering how much time we all put in to our teams each week?? and how do people prioritise there SuperCoach team into there weekly routine? Getting to the pointy end of the season and don't seem to be getting much support off the Mrs. haha.

25. gator59 says:

If Danger and Doch keep their averages up for the rest of the season , What will be their starting prices be next year..

26. neil Demons Delight says:

Hard to pick a winner out of swans and Giants.. Could be a draw has any team ever had 3 draws in a row .Vaguely remember Collingwood doing it twice in the mid seventies but three //

• gator59 says:

I think three was done back in the late 20s or early 30s

• Derek says:

GWS look like a team on the slide. Peaked too early.

Hawks are a shadow of there former self and they looked better than GWS last week.

27. Adam says:

Anyone else think that T Mitchell is a must have?

• INPieman says:

Has a date with Scooter on Saturday

• DacZawson says:

That's the problem I have getting him in. He's my last mid to trade in and seems head and shoulders above the rest in terms of scoring and consistency, but I don't want to bring him in and to score a 90 first week

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

For mine has been all year

28. Adam says:

Got 7 trades left with $87k in the bank! Any suggestions on who i should get in the side?
    Im thinking T Mitchell is a must have for my last premo in my midfield

DEF – Docherty, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, MHibberd, Simpson (Ryan, Hibberd)

MID – Dangerfield, Bontempelli, S Selwood, Pendles, Ablett, JPK, Dusty, Fyfe (Mountford, Witherden, Cousins)

RUC – Goldstein, Martin (Strnadica)

FWD – Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Nank, Greene (Greenwood, Eddy)

29. Don't Blush Baby says:

Adam , I'd wait and see who's named tonight , Ablett,Greenwood and Scooter all could be back ,but as it looks and you want to do it this week you will need to trade out down Greenwood and up on Scooter to get TMitch

30. PrimeSpecimens says:

D: Doch Laird Simmo Howe Harbrow Lloyd (scharenberg, McNeice)
    M: Danger M Crouch Neale Fyfe JPK Bont Treloar Witherden (myers, mountford, SPP)
    R: Gawn, McEvoy (stradnica)
    F: Daulhaus Macrae Buddy Ryder Nanks Greenwood (Bolton, Eddy)
    12 trades 20k
    What to do?!!

31. Pauly Walnuts says:

Mate with 12 trades IMO I would be freeing up some cash this week – suggest you trade out 2 of Myers,Mountford or SPP and get Jelwood with another 2 trades next week for a start ,good luck

32. Defying_Madness says:

Greenwood back in!!!

33. Jim_bob321 says:

Scooter's back

34. Danners says:

Great stuff Lek! My season has gone to shambles and I'm not sure what to do this week
    DEF: Docherty, Laird, Rance, Shaw, Adams, Newman (Witherden, Ryan)
    MID : Danger, Titch, Neale, Parker, Bont, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Sloane (Greenwood, Cousins, Bolton)
    RUCK : Grundy, Darcy (Strnadica)
    FWD : Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Nankervis, Lynch (Ainsworth, T.Smith)
    4 trades, $325k in the bank
    Looking to upgrade Ainsworth to either a premo Ruck/Fwd, not sure whether I should bank some cash or go after more expensive premo like Kreuzer.
    Thoughts?

• INPieman says:

I think you should hold Danners. You can field a decent team. Not enough trades for creative moves like a Mid/Def link. Darcy at R2 is going to be scary. Hold your nerve

• Tyruddanaut says:

Easy! For me at least.
      Newman has got to go so trade him out for Hurley
      Then Ainsworth to Heeney and Nank as your D2

35. Jim_bob321 says:

Yessss Archie Smith is gone

36. Jim_bob321 says:

JJK is back

37. GloryDays90 says:

Thank the supercoach gods! No carnage this week and Archie Smith has bee dropped! Look out league teams, fullside coming at you this week! Woohoo

• BlueNath says:

It's only the announcing of teams. I'm sure the SC gods have some interesting twists and turns for us before the weekend is out

38. NickMacMan says:

Treloar to Zorko? or Newman to Hurley?

Cheers

39. red5 says:

Anyone getting Greene?
    Thinking Stewart to Greene to go full premo.
    Already got yeo, macrae, nank, dahl, franklin.

40. finnigin says:

kennedy is my watch this week, cheaper next

41. Jess says:

Options? 8 Trades – 230k
    Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy (Hibberd – Nth, Ryan)
    Pendles, Danger, JPK, Neale, Merrett, Fyfe, Bont, Pepper (Berry, Witherden, Cousins)
    Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
    Dank, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Parsons (Eddy, Greenwood)
    Thinking Pepper to Dusty or Mitchell or should I just grab J Selwood for 100k cheaper. Thoughts?

• INPieman says:

Berry to Josh Deluca for Mid/Fwd bench swing & cash. If Deluca doesn't play he's a handy loop given Freo usually play late. You can also swing Greenwood to mids if need be. Next trade is Parsons to Yeo or Heeney, Next week Pepper to Jelwood when he hits rock bottom. Leaves you 5 trades & heaps of cash

• Jess says:

Pepper will go down but so will Jelwood this week. Is that your thinking? Thanks for that.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Out goes Berry and Pepper and swing Adams into Midfield so you can get in one of the four must have premo defenders imo. Rory Laird or Hurley. With the second bring in get a forward rookie via. DPP so next week you can get Jelwood for Greenwood or Parsons. Then you should just fix your defense

Trade out Newman and Touhy by the end of the season you must also trade out one of whoever you have left out of Parsons, Greenwood and Witherden. Then by swinging Adams back into defense in comes a legend e.g. Titch

42. Adsy says:

9 trades left, looking at the following (comments welcomed):

1. This week: Treloar to Zorko (Treloar leaking points, wheels falling off the Pies, Zorko flying at the moment, Brisbane good run home). Second trade looking at cashing in SPP, probably a week too late. Any bubble mids available atm?
    2. Next week: Probably have 300k for double upgrade: Nank to Gawn (give Gawn another week before I pull the trigger) and then possibly H.Greenwood to Selwood.

Then hopefully I can keep 5 trades for a week or two before finals. Do you advise against any of these trades? Any trades I should look at instead? Cheers all!

43. Joe says:

Is it worth upgrading greenwood to Macrae? One trade only..

44. Deeboss says:

Dangerfield into Ablett this week as for VC and C options…. don't even know why the podcast were suggesting to sideways trade the great bald headed prick, could go massive against the Pies…. thoughts?

45. Pauly Walnuts says:

Newman or Witherden on field ? I can't loop them

46. IntheNickofTime says:

Has Zilliams lost his mojo – he's also just coming back from injury and was named on the IC. Is he worth trading given his BE of 181? That way I could have a nice nest egg to help bring in Jelwood next week. Thoughts?

47. B T says:

Hey everyone.

What should I do with Zach Tuohy?

He's dropped to 425k and has a 3 round average of 79 and a 5 round average of 78.

He has really struggled and Is constantly my lowest scorer in my backline every week.

I have 7 trades left and only Hugh Greenwood left to upgrade.

My current backline is Doc, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Newman, Tuohy (Ryan, NM Hibberd)

Can pick anyone under 529k but would love to keep some cash in the bank. Preferably someone under 500k.

What should I do with him?

Thanks guys, really love your work.

48. TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Community!

Backed the Maroons by a few more than 12 last night. A few $$ made in the inferior (NRL) code has me in a good mood for round 17 in the superior (AFL) code.

That said, Shai Bolton and Hugh Greenwood named. Very very handy.

Archie Smith dropped. BONUS.

All on field players named, with 5/8 bench rooks named also. My 6 trades will hopefully be 6 trades next week.

Happy days!!!

49. Ja191 says:

Witherden or JJ on field?

• BlueNath says:

Carlton have been pretty ruthless and will not go easy on JJ. I would go Witherden

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Ja…

You know "Ja" means "Yes" in Dutch…..Do you?

As Jason Johanissen (Dutch surname) is from South Africa, it is likely he has a Dutch heritage.

The kid has pedigree.

Its a no brainer. JJ onfield.

• Derek says:

Murphy and Biggs both back this week. Dogs defence will look a lot different. I can see JJ being left alone.

50. Richo says:

Considering Adams or hurley for D6. Adams much cheaper but out of form. Hurley consistent. Thoughts?

Rest of backline doch, shaw(!), simpson, laird, hibberd (melb), (witherden, ryan, scharenberg – prob trade scharenberg)

• Russty_ says:

Hurley over Adams I reckon, Adams is butchering it lately.

• Richo says:

Yes, but of he starts hitting tagets again…cheaper and better. I just don't know what he's been like in the past. Was his early season form an aberration?

51. Yea the Boys says:

Love to hear your thoughts…

DEF Doc, Laird, Adams, Roberton, Shaw, Hibberd (Ryan, Sharenberg)
    MID Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Zorko, Bontempelli, Kennedy, Treloar, Lloyd (Greenwood, Witherden, Cousins)
    RUCK Gawn, Witts
    FWD Dalhaus, Wallis, Mcrea, Heeney, Nankervis, Yeo (Lynch, Parson)

3 trades left and 244k ranked 2100.

Thinking I may hold this week and then upgrade parsons to Martin and downgrade Ryan to a non playing fwd/mid to allow loophole.

• Russty_ says:

Think you need to hold for injuries only…7 weeks to go, 3 trades….good luck from here, you might need some.

• JohndJames says:

I'd be on hold till the finals,no need to do anything,you are full premo and have cover on your bench,you also already have a loophole in Cousins.

• Cogla13 says:

Yep, hold fire there. Lots of peeps are going to be running out of trades in the next few weeks. 3 is not enough at this stage.

52. Stupid Coach says:

Great work LekDog. Contemplating one trade this week. Thinking of either Treloar to J Selwood or Murphy. Leaves me with 6 trades and $101k if I go the first option or $77k for the second option. Alternatively, can hold for this week and bring in Jelwood next week when he will be even cheaper. Appreciate any thoughts/advice.

53. TOPHAWK1 says:

Trust me, 'The first to go Woo" league has a problem. The Hawk is coming.

54. yung crippa says:

who will finish better, Yeo or Macrae. looking for final premo fwd

55. Matt says:

Do I get Selwood in this week and lose cash, but finishes my side and can loop lynch and greenwood this week or wait till next week, and have to play lynch onfield this week?

• Matt says:

I have 5 trades left and will need to use 2 to bring Jelwood in

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I would personally wait another week. Unless, you have serious injury issues of course. If not, just hold your trades this week and see what unfolds. There are bound to be unpleasant surprises heading our way again this round. You blow two trades now, and you cop some carnage, you will be paddling sheit upstream with one paddle. As you know, Jelwood will be cheaper next week and you will love the fact you have 5 trades going into round 18. Just my take. (I am looking to grab Jelwood too- next week)

Cheers

56. Benjamin B says:

Trading out SPP: Who to bring in though? no real candidates??

57. Choice says:

Newman to Laird?

58. Choice says:

Shaw to Hurley?

59. Choice says:

Sharenberg to Hibberd
    then
    Hannan to Ryder

60. TBone says:

Hey guys, I was originally thinking Zerrett VC into Danger C… but I think now after looking at the games this round that I'm going Danger VC into Fyfe C. Fyfe looked great last week and I expect no different this week in the West Coast derby. Plus I'll probably end up taking Danger's score anyways :) let me know what you think guys!

61. B-Mac says:

Straight swap marchbank to JJ and ride for luck leaving 4 trades, or

Burn two trades to get Laird?

62. Choice says:

Is Hannebery a lost cause?

63. SCathiest says:

I suddenly have a new unexpected problem. Most of my squad are named and I'm struggling to find any VC or emergency loopholes! Not a bad problem I guess.

64. gator59 says:

Zerrett for vc or vc danger and put the big c on doch

65. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Will probably go danger – Kruez.

66. Matt says:

Needing to downgrade to non playing player for an upgrade next week. Do i pull trigger so i can loop Lynch and Greenwood, but have to play Witherden on field. Or hold until next week which means i loop Greenwood and Witherden, but got to play Lynch on field?

67. Bomber says:

DEF: Doch, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Shaw, Newman (Ryan, Mcinness)
    MID: Danger, Mitchell, Bontempelli, Pendles JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Swallow, (Myers, White, Witherdan)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Preuss)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Heeney, Nank, Greenwood (parsons, eddy)

Really have know idea what to do this week as I was going to get rid of both parsons and swallow, however they are both coming off there highest scores for the season and will go up in value. I have 400k in the bank with 10 trades. Any help would be great!

68. Ben says:

Which option is best for me? When i bring in Jelwood next week, i will have 4 trades.
    Option 1: Trade Shaz – Junker, gives me another Def/mid and mid/fwd link which allows me to loop Greenwood and Lynch every week and will have 150k in the bank
    Option 2: Save the trade, but will only have around 20k in bank and can't loop Lynch

69. Brad says:

forward line stands as:
    yeo, dahlhaus, greene, nriewoldt, wallis, greenwood – parsons/eddy

9 trades remain, used 1 this week. so 1 trade and 100k in the bank….. thinking wallis has got to go?
    i have a crack at basically any fwd, thoughts on who? so stuck!

70. Shizzer says:

Def

Doc laird Lloyd Shaw hibberd Adams
    ( hibberd ryan)

Mid

Danger titch Pendles Kelly fyfe priddis jpk Martin
    (Bolton witherden cousins)

Ruc
    Kruz Grundy
    (DARCY)

Fwd
    Dalhaus macrae heeney yeo nank greenwood
    (Stradnica parsons)

7 trades left $80k

Thoughts community on priddis n Bolton out
    Jelwood/Parker/zorko n deluca in to keep dpp with fwd line?