PODCAST: Supercoach Round 17

PodcastImage

HOW MANY TRADES DO YOU HAVE LEFT?

This week Mick The Mad Irishman joins us for an in-depth discussion in relation to the balance between playing safe and taking some risks.
Enjoy the show community!

TWO DRAFTSTARS ACADEMY OPPORTUNITIES THIS WEEK:

AcademyContentNextWeek

ENTER THE ACADEMY CONTEST HERE

1st – $100, 2nd – $50, 3rd – $30, 4th – 35th – $10

READY TO GRADUATE? ENTER THE $2 BUY-IN CONTEST HERE

Limited entries – so get in quick sticks! Click here to catch up on Higgo’s Draftstars genius so far

As discussed in this week’s podcast.

Your OWN research + the best tools = DFS mastery. Snag a free trial with Fantasy Insider here for some help with your Draftstars & CoachKings teams

podcast_post

Tags: ,

1. TheGreatBozza says:

Had a low scoring round, but luckily played the cellar dwellars in my league. Thoughts on some moves for this week:

10 trades left, 212K bank

DEF: Doc, Howe, Laird, Adams, Shaw, Newman (Ryan, Scharenberg)
    MID: Danger, JPK, Neale, Bont, Pendles, Treloar, Fyfe, Lloyd (SPP, Witherden, Cousins)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
    FWD: Heeny, Macrae, Dahl, Nank, Lynch, Greenwood (Hannan, Bolton)

I'm thinking of upgrading Hannan to a premo FWD since it is my weakest line or going SPP > Jelwood instead.
    I'm sitting 8 points clear in 4th of my cash league, and my opponent for this week doesn't have Danger for whatever reason

• SC_Kev7 says:

You've done well, Bozza. Still plenty of trades left and you've got a solid looking lineup. Going straight to Yeo from Hannan would be tempting, would just about tap out your cash reserves though

• TheGreatBozza says:

Cheers Kev. Hannan to Yeo is a big possibility for me, especially with the likes of Selwood/Rocky/Merrett/Dusty on a slide

• Patch says:

Look if you want to donate a trade I need some v. badly!

Which Lloyd is that in the midfield? GWS or Sydney? Would go to Jelwood this week – you've got enough trades that I don't feel you need to scrimp and save every week and would be better off with a 120 instead of Lloyd's 40 (assuming it's GWS' Lloyd)

• TheGreatBozza says:

The Sydney Lloyd is at M8. My plan is to eventually swing Ryan or Shaz to a mid or FWD rookie to move Lloyd to my D6 with Shaw at D7.

Selwood is tempting but then it means benching a J.Lloyd type unless I move on Ryan or Scharenberg this week

• Russty_ says:

Could be an interesting concept Patch, if we were able to sell a trade to another team for money, that'd put a different spin on the season.

• SC_Kev7 says:

You'd just get people making several accounts to buy trades from themselves.

• Russty_ says:

I understand people have multiple teams from different email addresses but I mean only trading within each league and the players contained in it.

Any trading/ swapping in other leagues in other email addresses would be a different team altogether.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Ahhh, I get ya now, Russty. Would up the popularity of the draft game. In classic mode there would be too many complaints about it. Creates an uneven playing field

• Russty_ says:

Yeah, I see your point Kev, it probably would at that.

• TheGreatBozza says:

I think it's a great idea if you could limit to league only, however even those in the top leagues could exploit it.

On another topic I'd love to get involved in a draft keeper league that allows trading future picks and what not. It be great to be part of a long haul process with the JR community

• Tyruddanaut says:

You need to get Franklin into your team FAST

• korza says:

10 trades with that list, and your asking for advise. Hmm i'm currently ranked in the top 100, and i dont even have a squad like one you posted. Leave us alone troll

• TheGreatBozza says:

Get stuffed mate, how am I a troll? I've been online most of the season asking for some tips and getting involved with the community.

I've been conservative all year with trades as I'm playing for finals in leages, and luckily avoided key injuries to end up with a squad like this. No need for you to whine about it, good luck in the top 100

2. Patch says:

Adam Treloar absolutely has his foot stuck in my late night book returns slot. Crouching Tiger, that was almost as beautiful as Mick's dulcet, accented tones. Beautiful stuff, gentlemen.

3. Patch says:

Also to the community: this week on the Panic Room is going to be all about celebrating mediocrity in all its beautiful form. I'm going to trial an Agony Aunt this week in the Panic Room, so hit me up with your woes, your problems, your calls for advice and I will address them up in a brand new section this week to… celebrate all of us who have comprehensively sucked in season 2017

• iLoveNMFC says:

4 with only Greenwood left to upgrade. Won't be many luxury trades.

• INPieman says:

The stinky Berry's. Hanners & Pandles. No p*ss & babies make sh*t Berry

• wombatsfc says:

Traded out Kreuzer after his injury affected round 4 due to his omission for round 5 and a stupid 2016 philosophy of 'If a ruck breaks buy a new one'. Even though I traded him for Oliver it was a stupid move.
      Traded out SPP @233,800
      Traded in Pendlebury at round 7 for 577,900
      Traded out Newman @261,400
      Starting onfield linup squeezed out a paltry 2120 sorted by rnd 1 score that 22 was
      Laird-Adams-Marchbank-ZJones-Hampton-Otten
      Danger-Gaz-Treloar-Beams-JOM-Hanners-Taranto
      Kreuzer-Witts
      Nank-StNick-Butler-Dahlhouse-Roughead-Greene

Things just seemed to get worse from that point forward

• P_J_Higgo says:

While I have had a reasonable year, currently ranked around 1800th, I have played on the edge and making questionable calls;

1. Trading Laird OUT in Rd.12 for $527,800, however I will be trading him back in this week for $477,500 so not disastrous.

2. Trading Greenwood out at $240,000 in Rd.13 for Wallis at $485,100. Wallis has produced scores of 76, 66 and 65 for my team and is currently priced at $435K. A big mistake.

I will continue to trade with courage, however, after the Laird trade I will have just 4 trades remaining.

• Seeker says:

Despite NOT starting with Docherty which alone cost me any change of winning the whole damn thing; and dealing with the rollercoaster that is Treloar from Round 1, I felt I was doing OK.

Then comes round 12 and probably my most unfortunate decision. Guys like Bontempelli, Cripps, JPK, Parker were available to upgrade. However, to me it came down to the two Brisbane beasts: Rockliff and Zorko.

Rockliff was $591k and had missed a couple with injury but he averaged 123.4 to that point and looking at his history, he always rattled home. Zorko was $30 grand cheaper but I felt Rocky was a bargain under $600k. And well, since Round 12 Rockliff has scored 392 points at an average of 78.4…

…and Zorks?

Zorko has scored 638 points at an average of 127.6…FMD

• SC_Kev7 says:

There's a few wonderful tales of woe by Rick Grimes and Dice over in BvC rookie report comments.

As for me, sigh, where to begin? I'll try for a top 3

3. Rage traded Newman at 261k because Horse kept dropping him, My Doch-less defence has struggled all year.
      2. Traded in NRoo at the end of round 6 for 549k, at that point in time he was averaging 111. In the 8 rounds I held him he averaged 72, missed two games, and I traded him out last week for 423k. Then he goes and destroys Rance last week
      1. And then there's Bont… The first two months of the season I watched that stallion prance around, dominating games at will. I got him in round 8 for 605k, at which point he was averaging 123.5 – Bargain! Since then he's averaged 96 with only 1 score of note (139)

• Rick Grimes says:

The Newman one probably hurt the most. Trade him out and he's a late in, scores 150 and has turned into a keeper. Sheesh. Dumping Fyfe for Dusty last week certainly put some stones in the spin cycle as well.

• jez_m says:

Traded Newman before his 150+ score which cemented his spot in the Sydney side. That and starting Shaw over Docherty are my two biggest regrets this year.

• Top Gun says:

Premature/reactive trades – Roughead to Higgins (hit me now!) Round 3, Witts to Heeney round 9 although Heeney has been good. Starting Shaw instead of Doc although brought him in round 12. The difference between being in the top 50 and in the first 200-300 was my choice of midfielders trusting the old firm of Pendles, Treloar and Fyfe instead of Kelly, Titch and ZMerrett. That becomes the real difference. Have learnt my lesson for next year.

• The Ranger says:

Like many I have far too many woes to list them all but suffice to say next year I will aim to start the year with a better Rd.1 score than 2001 and a rank of 95,481.
      The season was pretty much over right there.
      Big shout to my "playing it safe" midfield options – Hanners, JPK, Fyfe and Pendles. Thanks fellas.

• Northerner says:

I actually was thinking before last weekend that JPK had done exactly what I had expected him to do. Play every game without risk and average a solid but not Uber premium level. I was happy with that set and forget stability. Then he is a late out after I'd moved my mid bench cover in Witherden to defence to facilitate upgrading Newman to Cripps. Donut and Cripps' score last week and now need to trade again to deal with Cripps' LTI.

• Tyruddanaut says:

How about the one on everyone's minds? Next years rookies or the stars of the game Ty Vickery and Levi Casbouly

• Randomcliche2 says:

Grasshopper reporting here:
      Newman ($206k) not selected, so in GHS ($234k) who played about 2 good matches, 2 flowered ones and traded… Newman named and played next week, the rest is history.
      The next week I repeat the experience, Barrett (170k) not selected for a fair while, so in came Balic, Barrett went on to play in the byes when I needed him while Balic was enjoying the sun in Melbourne….
      But none of this beats Gawn, St Nick, Armitage and Smith going down in the first two weeks #neverrecovered to add to the donuts of Mountford and Hibberd jnr after one Brad Scott says yeah, I'm going to play the kids….we all know how that worked out don't we, oh, yeah Preuss as well, but that wasn't really a fail like the first two….. Still ranked 3k atm with 2 trades, full premo + Tuohy, Scooter, Greenwood. There is always plenty of ways to do worse next year……

• Patch says:

That hurts mate – I'm feeling that pain!

• Randomcliche says:

Thanks Patch…..I feel like was it Crazy John's with the line 'but wait there's more' or was just some vacuum cleaner coy….Either way I bought Harbrow to fix my byes in rnd 8 only to watch him sitting out 3 out of 4 bye rounds. Cost 200 points and prolly 2 trades….Couldn't ever sell him due to no certainty that he wasn't back in next week. Horrible for the most critical period of the year.

• Bock Choy says:

My main hurt has been the general under performance of my starting premos – all bar Laird, Adams and Dahlhaus are well below their 2016 averages. The starters were:

Laird 102.9 (+6.1)
      Adams 101.5 (+4.5)
      Shaw 86.2 (-19.8)

Pendlebury 108.3 (-10.4)
      JP Kennedy 106.4 (-7.0)
      Hannebery 97.4 (-16.0)
      Treloar 101.8 (-9.5)
      Fyfe 101.1 (-4.3)
      Dahlhaus 95.5 (-0.2)

Of those, only Laird, Adams and Dahlhaus get a pass. I've excluded Gawn as he didn't last long and has only just returned. These poor performances also led to some bad misses on captains choices.

I chose Adams over Docherty at the start with a view of trading in later on. After round 10, they were pretty much neck and neck (110.7 vs 113.6) which is OK given that Adams was a bit cheaper to buy. Since then…

The other fails have been:
      * Same as many others, trading out Newman at $261
      * Bye strategy to use Gold Coast players (Harbrow and Lynch). One got on the turps while the other turded it up.

4. Finnius123 says:

How many trades does everyone have left?

I have 3.

5. Stirlsy says:

Missed my story time last week Crouching but that long one made up for it….

6. Rabbits16 says:

4 trades left season rankk 1620 full premo $25k in the bank… nothing to do now… really wanted mitchell & macrae but staying with Fyfe & Nank cant afford to waste those trades… time to ride it out and pray

7. BrownlowBoy says:

Finally someone mentioned Hurley!!!

8. bUCKET__ says:

7 trades left, rank 550. 160k in the bank to upgrade scooter to jelwood either this week or next.

Will mean I have coverage across lines with Heater/Newman rotating at D7, Nank/Greenwood at F7.

Might hold off on jelwood and paint the fence this week to move Hannebery on to Zorko… y/n?

9. Daz says:

So decided to get cripps in last week which back fired, I imagine I'm not the only, whats the go with rockliff? any intel? he is a former pig and at 470k he could be worth the risk? don't really want to double trade up cause only have 4 left.

10. jimmy says:

7 trades left, $204k in the bank and have already upgraded Powell Pepper to Zorko.

Do I trade Ainsworth to Selwood this week? or;
    Do I trade Sloan to Selwood this week? (theory is that Ainsworth will more than likely go up while Sloan is going down down worse than Coles prices.)

• BlueNath says:

Sloane was good on the weekend. His SC score didn't reflect his impact on the game. I think he'll come home strong… hold!

11. Tommo09 says:

Can go Nank and Greenwood to Ryder and Buddy this week
    Should I do both this week, one this week or hold?

12. neil demons delight says:

DPPs are going to really come into it shortly Players like Cousins and parfitt are just a waste much better to have that flexibility of a Wither Berry or greenwood though probably too dear now

13. Joshua says:

Jelwood or Titch?

14. The Ranger says:

Still holding Pedersen and he's starting to stink a fair bit…only got 53K in the kitty so in all I have $482,100 to spend.
    Only 6 trades left and no fat rookies so don't really want to paint the fence, just do a single trade.
    Got DPP's all over but the mids are full, got Grundy, Ryder and Nank so could swing Ryder fwd and bring in Mummy but probably not eh?.
    Greenwood as F7/M8 too.

Leaning toward a punt on Buddy or NRoo but can't bloody decide what to do so any opinions welcome.

• Russty_ says:

Koby Stevens has had a good year barring a couple of spudly scores, cheap at 444…I had Peddo too but punted him for Selwood this week, swinging Yeo yeo into the fwds.
      Good luck mate.

• The Ranger says:

Cheers Russty, I'll take a look at Stevens.
        Saints play three Sunday games in a row over finals so a Saints player is a nice loop option.

• BigBuggars says:

Buddy over Roo

• The Ranger says:

I think it's flip a coin when it comes to those two isn't it?
        I just remember Roo killing me last year during finals…

• Tibor says:

Pedersen is like having a proper full size spare wheel. He can be back up for Gawn, Hogan or Watts. Once the Dees have all these players back he goes into the wheel well in the boot. They should have learned their lesson and he should play because he has got a phar lap style ticker but he just doesn't get that top role as players come back. His scores were great before but no more

• The Ranger says:

Yeah I've developed a bit of a soft spot for Cam Pedersen Tibor!
        He slotted straight into that side and did a really good job for them with little fuss and even less media appreciation.
        And I think you're right, he'll be dropped back to the magoos once everyone is fit.
        He wasn't a spectacular SC trade in but he held a good solid average and didn't drop any cash.
        Nice one Cam, onya!

15. Rick Grimes says:

Who would you dump first – Hanners, Treloar or Shuey? All have fallen right off the form train.

• Russty_ says:

I reckon Shuey Rick, based on the fact that he hasn't tonned up more than once in 10 games, Treloar's gone ok in hindsight, Hanners a bit worse, but not as bad as Shuey.

16. BigBuggars says:

In the 5 games since I "upgraded" Jobe to Pendles, Jobe has scored 481 and Pendles 484;

17. Grover says:

Gambled on POD a few weeks back with Nathan Jones injured next game, ok dust myself off and trade in J Viney so he goes down the next week. Never mind a sure comes along in the for of Patrick Cripps so Viney out Cripps in. Question is who do I destroy this week, any ideas community?

18. BigBuggars says:

My projected score was in the 2400s at one stage on the weekend. Ended up with 2180 and only 6 of the spuds that were on the ground beat their season average. This is my final team with only 4 trades left for injury cover. Some of these "premos" better start behaving as such.

Docherty, Adams, Lloyd, Shaw, Hibberd Snr, Harbrow (Ryan, Hibberd Jnr)
    Dangerfield, Merrett, Neale, Bontempelli, Pendlebury, Hannebery, Treloar, Fyfe (Witherden, Cousins, Thomas)
    Witts, Gawn (Strnadica)
    Yeo, Macrae ,Dahlhaus, Nankervis, Heeney, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

Has been worst season by far in my long SC career; maybe the game has passed me by… The drums are beating in my supporter base!

• johnno2908 says:

Was the worst week I've ever had in a game Post byes ever. Got to 2135 but only because of Dangers 330 odd. Had Ablett out, then the lovely surprises of JPK and Howe both late outs.

19. Russty_ says:

Wondering why 1580 people have traded out Hugh Greenwood when he's due back this week and has a break-even of -7 with a cash-make of 41K on the cards?…why would you do such a thing? at worst…he might only make 30 K.

• Turtlecoach says:

Zorko is projected to go up $ 42,500, good trade or not?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Turtlecoach…I guess if that's the only way for you to get Zorko in this week, it's understandable…I just reckon he's the last one you should be getting rid of if you can help it.

• Turtlecoach says:

It's a tough call Rusty, I'm only playing for league win this year. Have 11 trades but still have Newman at d6, Lynch at f6, and need 2 mids, thinking they will be Zorko this week and JSelwood next week. Could also trade Fisher and drain the war chest, or J parsons for an extra 50K and lose swing set.

• wightyswarriors says:

Two or three weeks ago I think he had 5 disposals

• GloryDays90 says:

I agree mate. No point in trading Greenwood out.

• Tyruddanaut says:

At this stage of the season, cash gen is the least of your worries

• wightyswarriors says:

So…hold greenwood and not get jwood for example ? Greenwood has done his job…its the pointy end of the season…points rather than $. If you need to generate more cash, you are in a bad space.

• BlueNath says:

Courses for horses… if Greenwood is on your bench and he facilitates a way to get a premo onfield output, then it's worth it. I am waiting for Jelwood so it's a win-win (Greenwood up 40k this week and Jelwood down 30k)

• Leeds17 says:

I traded him out because I had 0 coming in my FWD if i didn't.

20. Dan says:

I'm keen on picking up Selwood next week, but am concerned that he plays Collingwood in the week of Supercoach preliminary finals. (He copped a Greenwood tag earlier in the year and only scored 73).
    Do you still think he's worth it? Or would it be better to find a way to get Titch or Dusty?

21. Cheekyk says:

Wouldnt worry about 1 game Dan, cant go wrong with a ripe joel selwood. Will be far too cheap for us smarter coaches to pass up!

• Dan says:

Thanks Cheekyk. On further thought, that's the way I'm leaning now. He seems like he's got too much upside to pass up over 1 game, even if it is the finals.

22. wightyswarriors says:

Heaps of cash…Ryan/Newman to Doch, Greenwood/Fisher to Jwood, or Caddy/White to Macrae ?

• Randomcliche2 says:

Doc your team will just be better for it, every week. I spent 3 trades to get him and it was worth every cent.

23. Jim_bob321 says:

Any suggestions for my team this week. Here it is:
    DEF: Doch, Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Witherden (Ryan, Schaz)
    MID: Danger, Zorko, Bont, Murphy, Wines, Treloar, Fyfe, SPP (Cousins, Brown, Hibberd)
    RUCK: Martin, Nank (Darcy)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Ryder, Heeney, Wallis (Greenwood, Strnadica)
    Currently have 7 trades with 303k in the bank
    Thanks community

24. Winter says:

DEF: Doch, Laird, Adams, Simpson, Lloyd, Shaw (Ryan, Witherden)
    MID: Danger, Pendles, Merrett, JPK, Jelwood, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe (Greenwood, Mountford, Cousins)
    RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Buddy, JJK, Nank (Stewart, Bolton)

With only 4 trades left and 30k in the bank is it worth downgrading Stewart and upgrading one of the fallen premiums because there's heaps or should I just be sucking it up and saving for the rest of the year….
    Cheers

• Finnius123 says:

Hold until SC finals. There will be room to potentially sideways trade nank/treloar/hanners then, but it isn't worth it this week as you may need those trades for injury. Stick fat for a couple of weeks at least and if you make it through the next 3/4 unscathed – then pull the trigger

25. Choice says:

Trade options:
    Hannan to Ryder
    Scharenberg to Hibberd (north) (cash for ryder)

or

Ablett to Mitchell/Dusty
    S.Selwood to Ryder (via Greenwood swing)

Team before trades:
    DEF: Doch,Adams,Simpson,Lloyd, Shaw, Newman (Scharenberg, Witherden)
    MID: Dangerfield, Merrett, Ablett, Pendles, Kennedy, Hannebery, Bontempelli, Treloar (Cousins,Scooter,Junker)
    Ruck: Goldstein, Martin (Strndca)
    FWD: McRae, Dahlhaus, Heeney, Franklin, Nankervis, Hannan (Greenwood, Parsons)
    4 trades left, $138,100
    Need to win to make the 8

26. NutSack says:

I wake up in cold sweat after seeing ant hang from roof with thin cotton thread and over in corner smiling grasshopper dead face down in spa full of sweat and sex juices.

27. triggerfigure says:

worth keeping beams this week?
    other players of concern: steele, heath shaw, nank

looking to bring in jelwood

• Choice says:

What's your team?

• triggerfigure says:

Def: Doch, Laird, Hurley, Lloyd, Heater, Newman (Ryan, Scharenberg)
        Mid: Danger, Dusty, Oliver, Bont, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, T.Adams (Witherden, Cousins, Callum Brown)
        Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron)
        Fwd: Yeo, Macrae, Dahl, Nank, Steele, Heeney (Greenwood, Parsons)

• Randomcliche says:

Adams needs to go back for Jelwood when Ryan or Shaz have gone up a bit more. Then it's a matter of trades and cash. I'd be looking to add Ryder to the Fwd mix….cheers

28. motty4 says:

Bloody Crouching One steals the show again "your accent bull shit"

29. red5 says:

Newman to Doch
    Stewart to Heeney
    leaves me full premo with 6 trades left
    Any other suggestions?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Good trades. Jelwood will be a popular target next week if you don't have him

• Leeds17 says:

Like it, Doch is about the only one i can justify trading up from Newman to,
      I don't think Heeney has been great the last couple weeks but his style is so SC friendly he scores decent off average games and huge off good games.

30. Rivo says:

5 trades & $29k. Targeting Jelwood for next week. Do I go now and burn 2 trades or do I wait for next week and hopefully do it in one trade??

D: Doc, Simpson, Rance, Laird, Hibberd (Melb), Shaw (Ryan, Scharenberg);
    M: Danger, M.Crouch, JPK, Pendles, Treloar, Sloane, Hanners, Greenwood (Mountford, Witherden, Cousins);
    R: Gawn, Martin (Strnadica);
    F: Ryder, Heeney, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Nank, Lynch (Gc), (Bolton, Eddy).

Going for leagues. Any guidance appreciated..

• Rivo says:

Any suggestions re above?

• Cam_H says:

Rivo,
        Could you advise what trades you have in mind? I'm not seeing Joel Selwood in one trade next week with your team and bank unless you're planning on a sideways trade.

• Rivo62 says:

Hi Cam. Yep, I am likely to hold as Jelwood still dropping in $.

1. Greenwood in 2 weeks possible but more likely to go Nank for Jelwood via DPP, Greenwood to F6.

2. If I do 2 trades now would need to go Greenwood & Ryan via DPP swings to Jelwood & Buzza.

• Cam_H says:

Hi Rivo,

Personally I think your proposal to go through Nankervis is your best option. Nank's 108 against Port two weeks ago was the 'blip on the radar' that has kept his price up (with his other games since Round 9 averaging at 74.6 points). Shame to lose your Fwd-Mid swing, but I think it's a good move nonetheless. Personally I'd be nervous using a second trade to make it happen given you're already going from five to four with so many weeks still to go.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• Rivo says:

Thanks Cam. Holding this week, hoping the Nank trade will work though he's been really good. Another option this week is Nyius and Selwood, protects DPP swing up forward.

31. Monkey says:

Greenwood good enough for this week so do it next week and even then, 4 trades is very low.

32. joshunt7 says:

Is it worth upgrading newman to hurley. I've got 4 trades left right now and 191k cash in the bank with 1 off being full premo

33. Buget says:

DEF: Doc, Hurley, Laird, Adams, Hibberd, Newman (Ryan, Nyhuis)
    MID: Danger, JPK, Neale, Titchell, Zorko,Shuey, Fyfe, Rockliff (Marnard, Witherden, Cousins)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Sturd)
    FWD: Heeny, Macrae, Dahl, Yeo, Westhoff, Ryder (Eddy, Brown)

6 TRADES LEFT 80K BANK

Thoughts

34. KrazeeEyezK1lla says:

I've reached the point of the year where I've almost completely lost interest haha crap score of 2,265 is doing my head in. Still ranked 1,254 overall though so it's not allllll bad.

Bringing Rockliff back in is really doing my head in also. probably could've gotten Zorko for less at the time. hope he comes good

• Ranked1 says:

I find this the hardest time each year to stay interested. Got 6 trades to protect I think it's the lack of trading leading into finals that kills the next 3 weeks for a few and relying on a premium team including Shaw, lynch and nank among others.

35. Dave says:

Does anyone else have Wallis except Higgo (and myself!). What to do with him?

Forward line is macrae, dahl, billings, heeney, wallis and yeo. 8 trades left and $65k in the bank

Im tempted to trade wallis for lynch but im concerned about the rollercoaster ride especially with finals looming?

• INPieman says:

I'll swap ya Wallis for Lynch. At least Wallis doesn't score 30's

• Dave says:

Ha ha. Fair call Pieman – I feel your pain in that reply, so might steer clear of Lynch!

• INPieman says:

Only took him 2 weeks to make the Pieman's banned for life list

• neil Demons Delight says:

is buckley gone yet heard a rumour pert told players today. He really should walk now and give the caretaker a go not gonna do any good staying only for his ego. The list is just no good cox and moore not up to it and treloar and adams need a coarse in how to kick to a woods player they have both been woefull of late sorry Collingwood supporters but its the truth got to give Fatso and Daics a go both look ok

• INPieman says:

Pert told the players Buckley stays till the end of the season. Then a decision will be made. I dare say it already has been made. They do need to give the kids a go. Fatso is leading the VFL goal kicking. That doesn't come as a surprise to me. He's a machine

• Tommo says:

Fastest fat bloke I have ever seen Pieman. Kid is an absolute tackling beast and loves a few cheeky snags… not just on the ground ;-) AND he's still only 18, can you believe it!?

• neil Demons Delight says:

you haven't much choice Dave but to keep him and loop with a greenwood or parsons type. Don't worry when the doggies find their mojo Wallis will go big a lot keephim

36. Bhargs says:

DEF: Doc, Laird, Lloyd, Shaw, J Martin, Witherden (Ryan, Perryman)
    MID: Danger, JPK, Oliver, Titchell, Zorko,Bont, Fyfe, Pendles (Hibberd, C Brown, J Atley)
    R: S Martin, Witts (Sturd)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Dahl, Nank, Westhoff, Buddy (Schoenmakers, McInnes)

7 TRADES LEFT 62.4K BANK

Traded Greenwood and SPP to Zorko and Hibberd

Thoughts??

37. az12 says:

Def: Doch, Newman, Shaw, Roberton, Adams, Hibberd (Ryan, A.Johnson)
    Mid: Danger, Pendles, Murphy, Treloar, Heppell, Steven, Bont, Wither (Greenwood, Cousins, Brodie)
    Ruck: Martin, Gawn (Std)
    Fwd: Buddy, Greene, Heeney, McRae, Dahl, Ryder (Cox, Eddy)

8 trades left and $360k.

Cemented top 8 spot in cash league. My issue seems to be Midfield. Premos are giving me nightmares. Thinking of bringing in J.Selwood for last Mid spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

• triggerfigure says:

Jelwood would be a good pick, however with the cash you have I would be looking at bringing in Titch

38. Thomas says:

Hey guys, got a few options and would like your opinion as to which option i should be going with. Got 328k and 5 trades left.

Option 1: Lynch – Gawn this week, Greenwood – Jelwood next week
    Option 2: Shaz – Junker and Eddy – Jelwood (THIS WEEK). Means i can loop Greenwood and Lynch every week
    Option 3: Same as option 2, but i do it NEXT WEEK. Means i have to play Lynch without loophole this week.

Leaning towards option 2. I know option 3 means i save cash but my team will be full premo with good cover across all 3 lines in Ryan, Witherden and Greenwood.
    Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

• BigBuggars says:

Option 3 with only the 5 trades. If you cop a couple injuries this week, you can adjust. Also, Jelwood will be cheaper, so you'll have more cash for injury cover.

39. Rick Grimes says:

Kelly or Zorko?

• Thomas says:

I'd pick Kelly purely on consistency. Kelly's lowest score has been 92, while Zorko has had 3 scores under 90, 2 of those being under 70

40. TBrab says:

Hey guys, first SC season and as you'll see below I have learned a few lessons the hard way.

DEF: Doc, Hurley, Adams, Lloyd, Shaw, L Ryan (Witherden, B Cox)
    MID: Danger, Dusty, JPK, Bont, Pendles, Treloar, Watson, SPP (Fisher, Mountford, Lloyd)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Grundy (Darcy)
    FWD: Ryder, Yeo, Buddy, Dahl, Petracca, Greenwood (Bolton, D Cameron)

9 trades left with $333k in the bank (risked a couple of downgrades last week, which is why I have a couple of rookies on field)

I'm thinking SPP to Jelwood bit don't know if I should wait until next week?
    Do I finally bin off Shaw and bring in Laird or maybe McDonald? Or wait another week or 2 and trade up the rookies to strengthen the back line?

Any help would be appreciated!

41. Leeds17 says:

Is Hannerbery to Merrett or Mitchell too sideways?

• INPieman says:

I'd consider that an upgrade ATM. His last month has been putrid

• Leeds17 says:

The 75 against Melbourne was understandable he had a bad corkie but geez last week he spent most of the time on the ball in JPKs absence and could only rack up 15 touches if it wasn't for a season high 10 tackles he would have score sub 50.

• The Ranger says:

He's put himself in the firing line hasn't he Leeds?
          If I had the trades and cash I'd do it, very little chance of you losing points from that trade surely?.

• Rick Grimes says:

If you have the trades it's a good move. I'm holding Handonberry this week, maybe against GWS he'll be super primed. He did have a very nice patch where he tonned 8 out of 9 games, the low being 95. I just can't see how he could be permanently off the boil now.

42. Paul Walnuts says:

Zorko this week or wait for Jellwood next week ? I'm leaning towards Jellwood

• Rick Grimes says:

Jelwood at the discounted price is a must. He's well capable of matching or bettering Zork's output for the remainder of the season.

• B T says:

Yeah I'd go with Jelwood, save you 100k.

Cheapest Jelwood will be for ages.

43. Babatundi says:

Hi guys, im one of the unlucky ones with patrick cripps, should i be looking for someone with value to replace him like a sloane or selwood or should i go someone like neale or kelly merrett?

44. Osei says:

Seb ross, Sloane, Selwood, Neale or clayton

45. James says:

9 trades left, 34k in the bank. Any suggestions would be appreciate because I'm stuck for trades!!

DEF: Docherty, Simpson, Laird, Adams, Newman, Shaw (Ryan, Witherden)
    MID: Danger, Merrett, Zorko, JPK, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Jelwood (Bolton, Lloyd, Cousins)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (English)
    FWD: Heeney, Macrae, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Nank, Greenwood (Strnadica, Parsons)

Thanks!

46. frogger says:

Cerebral podcast,
    Prof. Higginbotham displaying the perspicacity for which he is renowned, Mick as always at the cutting edge of SC technology and pushing the boundaries with the locked and loaded midfield, and I think there's something in Crouching One's moral tale for all of us.
    Stuffed if I know what that might be, but am sure it's in there all the same.
    Gold.

47. Sean's Mob says:

For advice pls on the way forward. I have 7 trades left and $66k. Current ranking is 2,400. My team is as follows:

DEF: Doch, Laird, Rance, Shaw, Lloyd, Newman (Ryan, Scharenberg)
    MID: Danger, TMitch, Zerrett, Bont, Pendles, JJK, Selwood, Fyfe ( Bolton, Witherden, Cousins)
    RUC: Martin, Gawn (Strandica)
    FWD: Macrae, Dalh, Buddy. Heeney, Nank, Lynch (Greenwood, Parsons)

I do not intend to make any trades this week but do I over the following two weeks:

Option A – get rid of Ryan and Scharenberg and bring in non playing rookie (Junker) and Adams then get rid of Parsons and Bolton and bring in Yeo and non playing rookie leaving me 3 trades for finals, not much cash but lots of quality coverage and flexilbility; or

Option B – do I free up some cash by say getting rid of Bolton and Parsons bring in non playing rookies have stacks of cash plus five trades for finals for upgrades/injuries.

I'm leaning towards Option A but is 3 trades enough for finals?

Thanks in anticipation.

48. Daniel says:

What do I do this week?

12.1k in the bank, 8 trades

DEF: Docherty, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Shaw, Hibberd, (Ryan, Scharenberg)

MID: Dangerfield, Merrett, T.Mitchell, Bontempelli, Pendlebury, Treloar, Murphy, Fyfe (Witherden, Hibberd, Brown)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Strnadica)

FWD: Yeo, Macrae ,Dahlhaus, Nankervis, Heeney, Greenwood (J.Stewart, Eddy)

• Keenbutclueless says:

8 trades possibly means you can go Greenwood and Stewart to the last premo on your forward line. I would be tempted to go Ryder. In good enough form, and gives you the luxury of moving Nank on later if you want.

I know Greenwood still has cash to make, and Stewart has some as well, but if your aim is to get to full premo, then can go early.

Greenwood has shown good signs, but I am not as convinced he is a keeper at F6 based on the smalll number of games he has played, plus the surprising rest last week

• wombatsfc says:

Get some cash via stewart or Sberg, probably better for line coverage to get rid of SBerg and move hibberd or witherden back, then turn Grundy into Kreuz or nank into ryder. Then next week paint the fence and swap stewart for Buddy. That's what I'd do if I had 8 trades, but I traded out Kreuzer before round 5 so it might not be such a wise move.

• Michael says:

Nothing

49. pieinghigh says:

My midfield is fkddd.

Danger, Titchell, Pendles, Cripps, Handonberry, Treloar, Shuey, Witherden/Greenwood/ Scooter (Cousins on bench)

I have 5 trades and 115k

I am in first place in my league but am limping towards the finals and almost all of my "premos" in the mids are out of form.

Options:

1. Trade Cripps > Neale (100k remaining), Scooter > Jelwood next week

2. Trade Cripps > Rocky/Sloan/ Fyfe, Scooter > Jelwood next week.

Leaves me with 3 trades remaining to get me through the finals… Fingers crossed.

• Randomcliche says:

If fyfe comes into some form you wouldn't not want to him….not a pod at all, but could be good since you are buying him cheaper than just about everyone else.

50. Slimer FC says:

what to do with Mitch Wallis???? Trade or keep and hope for a turnaround in form?

• Tom says:

I think I'm gonna reluctantly hold him. Doggies don't play a top 8 team in the next four weeks so hopefully he can find some form if they get a few wins

• Northerner says:

I'm bringing in a premo forward and using Wallis and Greenwood as M9/F7 swing. When I brought Wallis in that was what I thought he'd end up being for me so I'm ok with that decision

51. Lisa says:

I have SPP and want to upgrade to Joel Selwood. Obviously need to find a few dollars to get it done with stuff all in the bank. Am thinking on a high risk strategy moving on Harbrow who is rubbish to a very cheap JJ in the hope mr Cadbury top deck finally comes good now the contract is done….any thoughts

• INPieman says:

Harbrow has toned up in 7 of 11 games played. JJ has 5 round Av of 58. Not sold on that idea. Got anyone on the bench you can cash out?

• wombatsfc says:

I don't think JJ has been getting tagged out of the game by a contract. Stay with harbrow unless you're upgrading him to somebody with at least 7% better average. he's handy to have as a loopholer and often produces big 100's

52. Nick says:

Does anyone know if Gaz is playing this week?

53. Chris says:

6 trades, $271k. Plan to flip S-Wood to J-Wood next week. Any suggestions?

Def: Docherty, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Shaw, Hibberd (Witherden, Shaz)
    Mid: Danger, T. Mitch, Martin, Neale, Murphy, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe (S.Selwood, Bolton, Hibberd)
    Ruc: Witts, Gawn (Darcy)
    Fwd: Yeo, Dalhaus, Heeney, Macrae, Higgins, Nankervis (Greenwod, Strnadica)

54. Nicko says:

OUT Sloane ($487,000)INZorko ($586,700)
    OUT Rockliff ($465,000)INMerrett ($594,300)

thoughts community

55. Nicko says:

i need 2 premos Zorko, Merrett, gibbs, kelly

who should i pic

56. Rough Nuts says:

If you were to keep only one of R Gray & Hanners for the rest of the year.

Who would you keep? Need the communities thoughts

57. The BONT says:

is it worth going Nank and Fisher to Kreuzer and $102,000 player

58. The BONT says:

is it worth going Nank and Fisher to Kreuzer and $102,000 player

with 4 trades left

• TOPHAWK1 says:

NO. You are trade poor IMO.

Even if you had 8 trades left, then I reckon there are better options.

Keep your trades.

TH

59. Shizzer says:

Def

Doc laird Lloyd Shaw hibberd Adams
    ( hibberd ryan)

Mid

Danger titch Pendles Kelly fyfe priddis jpk Martin
    (Bolton witherden cousins)

Ruc
    Kruz Grundy
    (DARCY)

Fwd
    Dalhaus macrae heeney yeo nank greenwood
    (Stradnica parsons)

7 trades left $80k

Thoughts community on priddis n Bolton out
    Jelwood/Parker/zorko n deluca in to keep dpp with fwd line?

60. Ben says:

G'day community need 1 last foward to be full premo, who will score more for the remainder of the season Heeney or Ryder

61. gauravs335 says:

if you wanna loose weight then you must checkout out http://lushdicker.com/product/nutricharge-fat-bur… it is the best fat burner in market that actually work & recommended by 1000's of doctors and GYM trainers