Supercoach RD9: LekDog’s Cheat Sheet

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on May 17, 2017 • views: 26801

LekdogCheatSheetRd9

G’day Community, I think the Supercoach ship is beginning to right…

I’ve excluded big players like Dangerfield and Fyfe from this week’s Cheat Sheet because anyone who doesn’t have them sure as hell does not need me to tell them it’s time to bring them in.

Yet again we are limited with cash generation but Myers certainly helps that a little.

I think we need to focus heavily on the bye rounds with our trading and that goes for when we decide NOT to trade, for example I think the best thing we can do is hold Sam Powell-Pepper, why limit our warm bodies during the bye rounds?

Hit up my Twitter to see how last week’s Cheat Sheet did and make sure to hit me up in the comments with questions.

I’d like to thank our sponsor Fantasy Insider for helping get the Cheat Sheet done every week. Make sure you check out their free trial offer and of course if you don’t like the service you can just cancel it at anytime. Fantasy Insider covers a whole range of games including Supercoach and our very own game Coach Kings!

GREEN= Buy, buy, buy!
ORANGE = Hold
RED = Get rid of em

See you in the comments, Lekdog

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN INTO THIS WEEK’S PODCAST

Lekdog's Cheat Sheet R9 2017 CLICK TO VIEW

Thanks to our supporters Fantasy Insider, the home of the #1 tools for Australia’s fantasy elite

CheatSheet Post

Tags: ,

1. The BONT says:

Butler and Houston
    For
    Durdin and Myers

2. Nathan says:

Hampton spp to Myers and hibberd(Mel)
    That's my plans this week

• dave says:

Is there anyone else who can go before SPP..? He'll be real handy rounds 11,12,13…

3. Dave says:

Cheat sheets preseason are important, these are brilliant! Outstanding work lekdog, miss you on the pods. Do your own!

• Austin says:

Yeah please bring back those Thursday night videos. They were rippers mate and the best thing on this site. Actually prefer them to the cheat sheets if time is an issue for you.

• LEKD0G says:

I get so many people asking for the videos back haha it's crazy how much love there was for them. My issue is that everything I put in them is covered by the Cheat Sheet and Patch's amazing Friday panic room

4. Jack says:

Is Isaac Heeney a must have ? This is probably the cheapest he will be.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I'd say so but I don't see into crystal balls

• SF4 says:

He looks pretty good.

• NoLanguage says:

Bought him in last week thankfully and he looked superb. I'd say jump on he ain't getting any cheaper!

• Carl says:

I want to see him against a good side. He's beaten up on some pretty ave teams so far. Saints at etihad will be a test. I'm happy to pay the extra after his bye if he does well

• Tommo09 says:

I wanted him before he got sick at the start of the season
      Have him now, looks good but can he still play well against Adelaide, GWS etc

STAR though

• Derek says:

I can't fit another round 11 bye in. I still not sure he will not be rested or his output affected by his illness.

A genuin midfielder with FWD status is usually gold.

• Krazee-Eyez Killa says:

superstar

5. Ken says:

Who is better downgrad option mcinness or anyone..need to downgrade otten

6. BONT says:

Ablett is annoying me off late…gets heap of the pill but it's useless

• Greg says:

I'm planning to give him the flick this week. Just can't rely on him to ton up anymore as he's no longer the damaging player he used to be, racking up cheap touches behind the ball. At least now I can swap him for the Bont and even end up with some change afterwards. If you are going to get rid of him then this is the week to do it as he's about to drop a shite load of coin which will then significantly limit your options after round 10.

• JoeD says:

That's exactly what I'm doing mate. I reckon the Bont will go off against a struggling Cats outfit so swapping Gaz out for him and whacking the VC on him. Sure Gaz may still get the odd huge score against a side who is a little lax in paying him attention but $600K is too much to invest in a guy who is probably going to give you 80s and 90s most weeks. Cash is king this season and that would be a poor allocation of scarce resources from an economics standpoint in my view.

• SF4 says:

Sideways trading premos is a dangerous move. Those trades will be needed further down the track.

• Hoot says:

keep him…. he will go 140 plus at some stage from here on.

• Weasel says:

Must've been his brother who scored 200+ 3 weeks ago.

7. Jock jnr says:

Love your work Lek

8. Tyruddanaut says:

Usually these don't really apply to me but wow I needed this this week

9. M-J says:

Half colors Lekdog WTF? Do you have splinters??

• LEKD0G says:

Haha I'm always finding loopholes in these things. I just don't think people need 4 expensive ruckmen after this week

10. Dnoyes says:

I'd say Hoskin-Elliot is a hold right now. Collingwood's next two games are against an injury ravaged Hawthorn and Brisbane. There are bigger issues to sort out this week.

• LEKD0G says:

Don't mind it, if you have more pressing issues he's a hold but I still think Hawks will be a tough task for the Pies this week.

11. Tommo09 says:

Balic and Butler OUT
    Myers and Durdin IN

OR

Butler and Otten OUT
    Adams and Myers IN

And cop a donut in the fwd line
    But have to cop Otten's price decrease

Thoughts community?

• LEKD0G says:

I like the second option, sure you cop a donut this week but you get a premo and a cheap forward in without losing coin on Otten or Balic

• Tommo09 says:

Thanks Lekdog
        Will go with that
        I won't be too far behind the curve because many will have donuts in the fwd line this week

• PerthDave says:

No Jenkins this week could lead to a bigger score for Otten. I'd go the first option.

• Bock Choy says:

Josh Jenkins is dropped so maybe Otten will get back to his high scoring ways.

12. Fearthebeard says:

Someone able to tell me Houston be on phone. Cheers

13. Dom says:

Only thing Shaun Burgoyne does these days is leave turd stains on the silk sheets. He shouldn't be green, or orange, or even red. A darkish reddish brown seems more appropriate, the colour of my toliet bowl after the mrs whips the Pataks out.

14. TOPHAWK1 says:

Nice cheat sheet Lek. We are going to need it after today.

Balic out indefinately for a "personal issue". I am shaking my head in disbelief………WTF!!

The rookies are dropping like flies. The byes are looming and here we are with rooks in our sides like Eddy, Hibberd, Parsons, Hannan, and now Balic. All 5 are likely to miss or be dropped. (I have 4 of those rooks……)

I was planning to not trade this week purely as an act of disclipline to conserve trades. I may still do so.

However, now with Balic's departure it might force my hand. It is now a super fine balance between trade preservation and trading not to fall behind the curve. Behind the curve meaning, not trading enough now so you do not have enough cover (too many donuts) during the byes and thus losing crucial rank and league momentum.

I am not going to trade tonight. Whats the point. The reverse button will be flicked with 100% certainty.

Tomorrow night's team announcements will be massive, and the decisions made thereafter by coaches will make or break their season. GAME ON.

Cheers

• INPieman says:

Game on indeed. I have Gary SPP Witts Preuss Eddy Balic & Parsons. And the monumental if not impossible task of avoiding a donut! Haven't even had teams yet! The game is more challenging & I like it

• Rick Grimes says:

Good call INP. It's bloody tough out there but it's better than everyone cruising with the same team. Gonna take some ballsy and creative trading to get up the leaderboard.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I have too many non-playing rookies and not enough discipline to remove them. I think come bye rounds that will be my third trade but until then if any forwards are dropped I'm over

• LEKD0G says:

even with all my planning there is no way I field a team this week thanks to assuming rookies would play more than 3 games each

15. Leeds17 says:

Was hoping Michael Walters might've made a Cheat Sheet appearance

• lok says:

yeah he wouldve been in the red zone..

• LEKD0G says:

He was considered but two good games for the year are not enough

• Rick Grimes says:

I'm considering. With cash generation so tricky, we have to.look at a few speculative mid price trades. Could wait all season to get a MacRae type in there.

• Leeds17 says:

I can't believe I'm thinking about it but you'd think he'll stay in the midfield till Hill gets back after there's a good chance you bring him in now he averages 80+ & you trade him out for Tom Lynch in R13 for a profit. It's not something I'd really consider usually but I've got to get Hannan off field & cash gen is just awful.

• Royalty says:

You are spot on re: picking a few bargains
        I'm eyeing of Ward this week, has so much upside on his scoring output, coniglio out will benefit, Kelly will tire imo as season goes on. Can see Ward closing out season averaging 100, for that to happen he has to go at 106 from now on. $483k is a bargain

16. LMBB says:

Is it stupid to bring in Heeney if that means ill have 4 premo fwds out with the likes of Hanners, Bont and Doc also out in RD11.

17. Isaac says:

Here is my team as it stands community
    22 trades left and 11k in the bank

Shaw, laird, Howe (Stewart)
    Adams, Marchbank, Newman (Hampton)

Dangerfield, Merrett, Fyfe, Neale
    Jpk, Treleor, Barrett, Powell-Pepper
    (Taranto, Fisher, Pickett)

Grundy, Sandilands (strandica)

McRae, Dalhaus, Nankervis (Eddy)
    JJK, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliot (parsons)

What to do next community ?

• Sauce says:

Roughy to Myers via Taranto and Hoskins Elliot up to Buddy

• Iridium192 says:

Why don't you try thinking of some trades that will improve your position? Now that would be a great idea instead of using someone elses opinion. It is YOUR team after all.

• Russty_ says:

This forum is all about people sharing opinions about what will improve their positions. It's only the people that ask for other opinions too much, that I have a problem with.

• Russty_ says:

I wouldn't trade out Roughy if you've held him this long as he's had 114 and 99 in the last 2 rounds.
      Maybe a double downgrade, or rookie swap for playing players, Pickett for Myers, if he plays, and Eddy for Stewart or McInnes, depending on which one you can afford.

Or, you could go Hampton to McInnes, and WHE to whoever the hell you want.

• Russty_ says:

Good team btw Isaac, I'd try to get your midfield to full premo asap.

18. Osei says:

Hey all, looking for some opinions on ryder? does anyone think he is genuine chance to be a top 8 fwd?

• Fred says:

Not sure he can be relied on mate. You should have read all the comments from his owners over the first month of the season. He's having a purple patch right now but I'm in little doubt that will be short lived and he will be back to frustrating the bejesus out of his owners again.

• Derek says:

I'll be getting him next week.

His early season form should be forgiven. The last few weeks are not a purple patch, that is what he will do. Taken him a few weeks to get going, but he is a top 8 forward.

• LEKD0G says:

Not sure he's a long term keeper but could just carry you through the major byes before flicking hin

19. bob the builder says:

Is it stupid to consider bringing in Toby Greene this round?
    Averaging 100 and can't doubt his talent.
    Other options are Heeney who is similar price or Macrae who i feel is a tad overpriced.
    Bye structure is not an issue
    Thoughts?

20. L G says:

Thoughts on Otten -> McNiece

21. SF4 says:

Whats the chance of Parsons getting dropped this week?
    If so I may have to go early on James Stewart or bring in Durdin. Both would be terrible moves but i want to avoid copping a donut this week.

22. Adam says:

Anyone out there think that Pederson can keep his current average? Opinions??

• Tyruddanaut says:

He only will until Spencer/Gawn comes back and he changes role. So maybe 3 weeks

• LEKD0G says:

Short term yes, long term no. Wouldn't bother getting him in

• Daniel Z says:

I got him in last week. It was a bit speculative but my forward line was a pile of hot garbage and couldn't afford the big names.
        Plan is for it to get me through the byes and if he's dropping off, I'll upgrade him at that point.

• pod says:

I think he's playing career best but once the big fella returns, he'll be back to old form.

23. gameofsloanes says:

Hey Lek was gunna bring in Ryder for Sandi after his bye but you have him as hold. Is Ryder a worthy R2? Port are playing well or is his year off to risky later in the season?

• LEKD0G says:

Too risky later, don't bring him in, hold if you have him. Will be the same price(ish) as martin, Goldy etc. after Fremantle bye

24. Jack says:

Oliver Wines! Thoughts on him as very friendly bye
    What do you see him averaging
    He ticks a few boxes
    Tackling
    Contested possessions
    Kicks goals
    In a decent side

Thoughts please

• Just Jeff says:

He's always teased us and shown us glimpse of his SC beastliness. The problem is that he can never quite get it together for entire seasons. Mad Mick started him last season thinking that would be his year of ultra premodom but he was pulling his hair out midseason over him and all his clangers that kill his scoring at times. So far again he has disappointed coaches who started him this season so I would probably look elsewhere myself.

• Moustachio says:

What do you mean "always" and "never"… He's 22 ffs! Has not reached his potential yet, if people expected him to at 21 yo or less then they were not playing the odds (23-24 most common breakout…)

• Tibor says:

He's been going for 4 or 5 years now, he's not a kid by any means and he was built like Conan from day one. He is the VC of the football club.

To give it some perspective, Clayton Oliver has now played 21 games…….

• Swans2012 says:

Consider as a cheap bye friendly m8/9, certainly not top 10 or even 15 though

25. Winter says:

Was originally trading SPP but now tryna hold him through the byes which seems logical to me so now I'm in a bit of a conundrum

First trade is Otten to Myers via Adams which seems like an obvious one and second trade was SPP to Stef Mart via Balic and Nank which brought WHE to my F6 moving Parsons to the bench

If I trade WHE to Stef instead of SPP, Parsons will be F6

Opinions? Because I'd much rather have Barrett or Myers on the field then someone like Parsons

Cheers

• Goat says:

Be cautious about Paraons on field. Scott may be writing his termination notice if he does that. Brad is starting to look like the safer Scott right now.

• Goat says:

Having said that. Because I said that. Parsons will not only be picked tomorrow night bu will do a "Newman". It is fate…

• Tommo09 says:

I'm holding through byes as well
      Looping with Myers

26. Nick says:

Want to bring in Heeney and Myers… trade out:
    Preuss + SPP or
    Balic + WHE or
    Preuss + WHE ?

27. DefyingMadness says:

Does the community think Robbie Gray can pump out consistent big scores after his bye, coming home strong and finishing a top 10 midfielder? If yes he could be a great trade in option next week and may finish the season off strongly

28. lok says:

So who's more important to hold? WHE or SPP?
    I'm leaning on SPP, so maybe I'll trade WHE to Heeney.

29. Stanks21 says:

Laird, Adams, Roberton,
    Tuohy, Shaw, Hibberd
    (VW, Stewart)

Oliver, Yeo, Pendlebury
    Zorko, Kennedy, Fyfe,Barrett, Myers
    (PP, Fisher, Hibberd)

Martin, McEvoy

Dalhaus, Franklin, Greene
    Steele, Nankervis, Hayward
    (Parsons, Eddy)

What do people think??
    I traded down balic to myers, then traded Taranto swung Nankervis forward and looked at a ruckman and chose McEvoy who has been tearing it up.

Worth the trade??
    Should I reverse and do something different??

Got 16 trades left and 10,400 left in the bank, will be looking to downgrade PP and stewart in next few weeks to get some cash to get a premo MID.

• Derek says:

You will be the only person I have seen with Big Boy. I have him in my draft team when Max went down, he has won me many games. Not sure I'd get him in classic

• Top Gun says:

Can you swing Nankervis to the ruck with Martin and then trade in a fwd eg Heeney?

30. SCDamien says:

Otten & Hannan to Myers & Durdin
    OR
    Otten & Balic to Myers & Durdin
    OR
    Otten to Myers
    ??

Hannan's BE scares me, but if Parsons get dropped then he could save me from copping a donut.

31. PlottingPlodder says:

T.Stewart -> Myers (via dpp)
    Balic -> J. Stewart
    Stewart is a week early but at least I can the loophole his score and parsons. Looks like he fills a big need for the dons.

Is this too risky? Should I suck it up and go wth durdin?

32. Ray says:

20 Trades – 125k
    Shaw, Tuohy, Otten, Newmann, Marchbank, Berry (Hampton, Hibberd)
    Adams, Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Taranto, Merrett, Pepper, (Beams, Barrett, Balik)
    Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
    Nank, Buddy, Roughy, Dahl, Macrae, Butler (Eddy, Parsons)
    Thoughts on Hampton Myers via Adams
    Butler to Kennedy (WC FWD), Green or Yeo
    Not sure what will help with Byes.

33. Stav says:

Hey community, who do you guys think are the best 5 mids under 580k?
    In need of any help, all appreciated!

34. NoLanguage says:

James Stewart from the Bombers. Looked good on Saturday.

Essendon fans – JS? Yay or nay?

• LEKD0G says:

Wait another week, Essendon have been pumping their talks in and out of the side all year

35. Finnius123 says:

Thoughts on matters prodding lekdog? Looks a shoe in for a 108+ average, is super consistent, and has that amazing Rd 12 bye.

36. Choice says:

Don't know whether to hold Balic or not, mid/fwd swing is handy for the moment. Hopefully it's no longer than a month.
    Not sure if I'll bother with myers. There seems to be similar mids coming up.
    Hampton down to McNiece, PP up to JPK?

• neil Demons Delight says:

reckon it might be a lot longer maybe never to be seen over there damm lying u do it all the time

37. Paul says:

Thoughts please.
    Otten to lloyd
    otten is hurley
    Both can work with the bye rounds. Have no idea who is the best option. Will the return of rampe have any impact on Lloyds scores? I have very little knowledge of essenon and hurleys role. Please help.

38. Jono says:

Steele, D Smith, Higgins, Petracca or J Riewoldt…need a value pick fwd around $450k

• Joshua says:

Steele or Petracca, Leaning towards Steele

• neil Demons Delight says:

steele

• Tibor says:

Steele smith and petracca sound ok Jack Riewoldt can play but the " no tools" rule should keep him out.

As for Higgins, have you lost your mind? When will people learn…

• B-rian says:

None. Better off saving your trade until you can get someone better
      If you are really desperate maybe try walters. At least he might make you some coin

• FCAbel says:

Might as well have a punt on Hampton. Higgins is very bye friendly.

39. Biscuits says:

SPP to Myers
    Otten to Adams.
    1 or 2?

40. Billy says:

Thoughts on toby green please?

41. neil Demons Delight says:

I have or had 2 lynchs stewarts Lloyds hibberds but only one pickett

42. Joshua says:

SPP to Myers
    Otten to Adams
    Or
    Otten to Myers
    Stewart to Rance
    If I do Otten to Myers will have to swing Hibberd back and have no playing back rookies.
    If option 2 is the way to go should I go early on a McInnes instead of going Myers?

43. Dave says:

Hi all,
    What do you all think of cripps going forward here and there, reminds of a role similar to what bontempelli does. Will this increase his scoring output?

• Derek says:

Going forward instead of resting is what a lot of the bigger midfielders can do. Saves using interchanges. I think it is good, still out there scoring points

44. Izzy says:

Oliver, Priddis, Selwood, Cripps or Murphy??

• LoganJosh7 says:

selwood cheaps as chips next week. great bye round too – thats my plan!!__cripps on the up also

45. KICKITDOWNTHEGUTS says:

One of the frustrating things is that these rookies as in Hannan, Parson, Pickett even Fisher are pretty much maxed out price wise and so we now have to spend $250-300k to upgrade them to a premium player. The lack of rookies going up around that 300k area is making it tough but it's gonna sort out the contenders from the pretenders I guess.

• Derek says:

One good score, just one is all they need.

• KICKITDOWNTHEGUTS says:

Unfortunately Hannan and Parson had their big scores first game, sucked us in then delivered turds ever since. As for the others we'll I won't hold my breath waiting for that big score haha. Certainly makes it more interesting and definitely more planning required this year!

• neil Demons Delight says:

agree k. that's where the skill and player research comes into play New rookies that are any good will be sparse unlike last year where they were replaced in waves such as papley. This year is different and when they pop up grab them..My research says stewart from the bombers will be one It becomes a must to grab these even at the expense of paying more for your chosen prem/.The skill is to let your Hannans and Fishers slide

46. Dice says:

Can someone please tell me if Walters $383K & B/E of negative 30, scores 100 points this week.
    What price would he be next week, roughly?

Want to get him in but Balic being out has stuffed me right up

47. Steeeve says:

With Balic out I'm trading him up to JJK.

Only problem is I need TWO of Hannan, Parsons, Butler and Eddy to play this week. Already copping a donut with Witts, might be two. What a stinker of a year.

48. Derek says:

If they play they stay

49. Derek says:

Sensational work yet again Lek.

The photo of you and your girl is still one of the top highlights of this season

50. Curious George says:

Most people worried about Rd 11 bye.
    Looking ahead Rd 13 could be the big one.
    Rookies coming up/in all Rd 13
    Myers, s-berg, Perryman, Ryan etc.
    Myers may be OK to trade out by then but the rest you would have probably just bought in.
    Couple that with your fyfe, sandi, pendles, adams etc could be carnage.
    Also if planning to keep SPP till after the byes you will need to trade out before hand rd 12 probably to get enough cash to being in a premo once they have had their bye.

• Travo says:

Yes Curious George, I have been keeping an eye on this.
      Rd13 is going to be the big one due to many high ownership premo and upcoming rookie byes that round.
      SPP is a lock for me until bye round are all finished up. I am even hesitant to move on Stewart, Parsons, Black and Butler due to their Rd12 byes.
      Be prepared for donuts.

51. neil Demons Delight says:

maybe in a few weeks our rookie problems will be solved. Also ran no hopers like Collingwood will surely dump players who wont be there next year such as Jessie White and Mayne though he has a contract and promote Kirby daics Mitch McCarthy all three are exciting and will be there longer or will they recruit another mayne the new coach wont

• INPieman says:

Callum Brown is right in the mix to line up this weekend. He's a bull just like his old man. 177k Mid/Fwd DPP. Hello sir

52. b_sh3p says:

Zerrett JPK or Danger?

53. Paul says:

Looks like I have to abandon my plan to bring JPK in this week now that Butler is out.

Butler to N Riewoldt or Heeney?

54. Jim_bob321 says:

What do u guys think….
    If Bont doesn't score well this week, loophole with DAYNE ZORKO? – Only good midfield lining up if Beams isn't playing
    Thoughts please

• jez_m says:

Not a bad left-field option. But they are playing the Crows this week who should destroy Brisbane.

55. H Lee says:

going to downgrade butler now hes injured? who is best downgrade out of mcinnes, durdin or J.stewart?

• Curious George says:

If u have balic/parfitt etc in the mids
      DPP for Myers
      Next week bring in Mcinnes/Stewart when they r on the bubble for balic/parfitt etc.

• Karl says:

Wouldn't touch McInnes with Petrie just around the corner. Petrie might play WAFL this week but you'd hate for McInnes to be stranded on two games next week and have another dead body heading into the byes. Stewart is perhaps the best prospect but again you'll be taking extra risk bringing him in this week.

• FCAbel says:

Have to go Durden as he's on the bubble. Like the others if they make the bubble. Would consider Lloyd after one game if in need and have dpp.

56. Nervous Nelly says:

FFS my forward line is screwed already and we haven't even got to team sheets yet!

57. Winter says:

Wanting to bring in Stef Martin this week

If I trade SPP to him WHE becomes my F6, Parsons goes to the bench and Myers and Barrett take M7 and M8

Where as if I trade WHE to him Parsons stays at F6 and 2 of SPP, Myers and Barrett take M7 and M8

This wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't bloody 14k off going Balic to Stef

58. Krazee-Eyez Killa says:

The plan so far is to go from Rocky(regrettably) down to Dangerfield, and Balic down to Myers via dpp.

Leaves me with 19 trades and 204k in the bank. Marchbank, SPP and others will hopefully soon become other premos. Taking the advice on board about keeping SPP through until the end of the bye periods. good idea

• INPieman says:

Rocky downgrade to Danger. That's the silver lining & a half

• b_sh3p says:

Nearly same as me.

Have gone Rocky/GHS to Danger/Myers.

Similarly aim to trade the likes of Marchbank, Otten, SPP and Stewart to Zerrett/Doch in the coming weeks. Just need some good rookies to pop up. Fingers crossed.

59. INPieman says:

We need an honour role for the deceased Fwd rookies:

Pickett
    Eddy
    Balic
    Black
    Butler
    Houston
    Parfitt

On Life Support:

Parsons
    Hannan

Feel free to add your rubbish to the list

• Eric says:

My pile of shame also includes Smith, Simpkin, Preuss and Mountford.

• Nutsack says:

Gee Brad Scott has reamed you big time buddy! It must be hard to sit down?!

• INPieman says:

I started with Hibbo Jnr Mountford & then added Preuss. Brad Scott is a nemeses. I wouldn't bring Durdin in even if he was free

• b_sh3p says:

HAHA, yeh North has hardly been playing the number of rookies everyone expected. I never thought Simpkin would do much as a small fwd though in terms of numbers.

Preuss and Mountford both unlucky. Harder for Mountford now with Swallow looking like he's coming back + Ben Jacobs on the mend.

Really thought Preuss would have come in as a target with Waite out last week. I'm still holding Preuss, no rookie rucks popping up and don't want to waste a trade yet to go Preuss>Ruckamn that doesn't get a game>other rookie Ruckman.

• Just sayin says:

Edit Hannan is dead
      Dropped this week.

• Dogs says:

My list
      Pickett
      Eddy (still holding)
      Balic
      Butler ( was trading him this week anyway)
      Houston ( planned to trade when he got rested anyway)
      Mountford
      Dumont

Other rookies I still have who have been in and out of their teams
      Fisher
      Barret
      Newman
      Stewart

Making cash generation tough

• Derek says:

add Simpkin

60. Tommo09 says:

Was trading him out anyway this week

61. Winter says:

Thoughts on Balic to Goldstein

Will he be a top 2 ruckman by seasons end?

• Ja191 says:

I could tell you no or yes but that would mean nothing. It's a risk.. could be or could do nothing ;)

• Mark says:

Would avoid Goldy. Still has an air of fragility about him and Preuss could come in at any second to totally screw you over. I'd find the extra $$$ to get to Martin instead.

• pod says:

Goldy a bargain, looks like a good trade.

• SCathiest says:

I swung Nank back to the forward line for Butler, and got Goldy for a bargain.

• Hoot says:

I'm not confident with Goldy… Ill be dropping Witts to prevent a donut and am looking towards Martin/Jaccobs as the best 2 options.

62. Thomas says:

Did the Parfitt to myers and Butler to Mutimer trades. Have realised that doing this means i have to play Hannan onfield. I could gamble and bring in Mciness instead of Mutimer, which means don't have to play Hannan but JS could be in issue. I don't have enough to upgrade butler to a premo.
    Thoughts community?

63. SCmadness says:

Carnage in my forward line this week!
    I can save my skin but it means trading in Burton as a forward with the plan to cull otten next week, and swing Burton into D6.
    Problem is I haven't seen much of him and this goes against all my rules!
    What do you think o wise community?

64. Karma Bus says:

Butler OUT WTF?! Didn't realise groins were contagious? Thanks Dusty you prick!

65. Harley says:

Hold or trade Rockliff. What's everyone's thoughts?

I don't want to trade but feel I have to if I want to avoid donuts and points. And not keen on the rookie selections ATM. Already have Myers. Ranked in top 2000 what would you do?

• Nathan says:

I'm moving him on. Too much uncertainty about when he will return and a massive chance that shoulder will pop out again now that the socket is weakened. Why does the bastard have to be so injury prone as he's a fantasy beast?! :(

• Ja191 says:

I'd give you advice but your doing way better than me right now. Go with your gut. I'd hold him if you have cover.. will storm home

• INPieman says:

I'd trade him

• whatyasmokin says:

In top 2000 then trade I reckon.

• Tommo09 says:

Storms home late in seasons

66. Dogs says:

I was trading him out anyway, but was going to use otten downgrade to turn butler into a premo. Going to have to double downgrade in the forwards now as I may be facing 2 donuts with balic and butler out , with no bank to upgrade.

67. Tommo09 says:

Adams or Docherty?
    Will probably end up with both but one now and the other after byes

• Connor says:

Get Adams for value unless Doch suits your bye structure better. Some coaches are targeting Doch after he has his bye including me assuming I can ever find the cash!

68. James says:

Is treloar still a hold because he's most likely going to fall below $500k with his 160+ break even and I don't wanna lose that much cash on him

69. Derek says:

this is where those DEF/FWD swingers from last year were really useful.

Parsons or Pickett need to play for me to avoid a donut….. oh my!

70. Derek says:

how long for?

71. Doc says:

What are people's thoughts?

Should we be holding often/whe for warm bodies on ground and avoiding donuts v cashing in before they lose value.

Copping the donut (and trading before value loss) probably represents a better chance to get closer to full premo by seasons end.

• jez_m says:

Probably depends if you're going for overall rank or league wins, Doc. If you're going for overall rank I would say hold them, if you're going for league wins you can probably afford to cop a doughnut.

72. Big Kev says:

What are you clowns still doing with Butler anyway? He should've been cash out weeks ago.

73. Dogs says:

hoping Hannam doesn't get dropped. Potentially facing 2 donuts in the forward line. Original plan was to turn butler into jjk by downgrading otten, and having balic as my last on field forward rookie. That changed to turning balic into jjk and keeping butler for another week. Now I could be looking at having to double down grade balic and butler to field a team, or continue with original plan and just cop a donut

74. Doc says:

Laird, Adams, Shaw, Hibberd (Snr), marchbank, Newman (often, Stewart)

Danger, hanners, McRae, (Ablett), titch, Fyfe, Steveb,
    (P-P) fisher Barret (Balic)

Sandiwitts (Preuss)

Dahl, Yeo, Kennedy, Nank, Butler, WHE (parsons,

Any suggestions on upgrades?
    Was thinking: butler to Myers (via DPP Macrae) and potentially hannan (via DPP Balic and DPP Adams) or Otten to McInnes in defence.

Loathe to go McInnes early though.

• Doc says:

Hannan is other forward bench.
      Resigned to copping a donut for witts if preuss isn't picked.

• INPieman says:

Also resigned to the Witts donut. Trying to cover others. Don't go early on McInnes. Petrie is coming back & Lycett a few weeks away

75. John says:

Thoughts on Pederson? As a forward he seems to be doing OK.

76. Duckky says:

Is Newman worth bringing in? Great average at this price. Or are there Job security issues?

77. CoachFanatic says:

Need Help. My team is as follows:

Docherty Laird Lloyd (Hampton)
    Otten Newman Stewart (Melican)
    Bont C.Oliver Dangerfield Yeo T.Adams J.Kelly N.Fyfe J.Barret (Z.Fisher, Pickett, Miles)
    Sandilands Grundy (strindica)
    Macrae, Dahlhaus, L.Franklin (Balic)
    T.Nankervis, Daniher, Taranto (eddy)

Any thoughts on possible trades I could make?

• Imgonnalose says:

Your team looks good as – I would Chuck yeo in the forward line, and trade balic for Myers, then Taranto for a jjk or something

• jez_m says:

Balic out for Myers (via Yeo DPP) and Taranto out for either Heeney or JJK depending on how your team is looking ahead of the byes.

• Noirlust says:

Out Hampton and Taranto/Balic,
      DPP Adams and Yeo
      In Myers and JPK

78. Alex says:

Hannan confirmed OUT! Although hardly a surprise that he would be dropped after doing bugger all last weekend.

• INPieman says:

Life support turned off. Now we are down to Parsons. And with Scooter & Hendersen coming back he could have his plug pulled

• Fantasy Gods says:

Anyway who went early on O'Connor is likely to get a lesson from us on why you don't go early on rookies with dodgy JS.

• Fantasy Gods says:

Anyone who went early.

• Bailey says:

One of my mates went Newman to O'Connor last week as he was busting to make an upgrade elsewhere in his side. Suffice to say I haven' heard from him in over a week.

79. Imgonnalose says:

Hey guys should I go Heeney or Greene? Worried about Heeney slowing down after his sickness but Greene is a bit of a yo-yo, thoughts?

80. Alex says:

My Team:
    Laird, Lloyd, Shaw, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Stewart, Berry)

Danger, Fyfe, Kennedy, Bont, Sloane, Oliver, Pendles, SPP (Barrett, Fisher, Hibberd)

Sandi, Grundy (Strnadica)

Greene, Nank, Steele, Dahl, Buddy, Butler (Parsons, Balic)

Trading out Otten and either SPP or Balic.
    Originally planned for Otten and SPP out for Myers and Rance, however with the Balic news, I'm looking at Otten for Myers (DPP Hibberd) and then Balic for a <500K forward but none are jumping out! Or punt SPP and pick up Myers and Dusty/Rance?

81. Captain Risky says:

D-Day

Nervous and subdued sitting here, waiting for the unknown.
    Been copping a hiding from the enemy. Carnage everywhere.
    Injuries, suspensions, late inclusions, under performing premos and the new super weapon, the 'Spud' rookie are taking there toll.
    Getting attacked from all sides, the enemy, lead by the new terrorists- The Scott Brothers, supported by the experienced 'Ross the Boss' and Horse are winning.
    To top it off, somebody rediscovered the 'Tag'. Mercifully, red vests have been outlawed.

Money is getting really tight, ammunition is running low, the premos are misfiring and the tried and true strategy of guns N rookies has failed.
    Just 9 weeks into the 2017 campaign, things are looking dire.
    This week could be the end of me.. the light at the end of the tunnel is dim. All the best folks.

• Mystic Mac says:

May the force be with you Captain

• INPieman says:

Before you do that pull your balls out & make some risky picks & have some fun. Then when they stuff up pull the pin then!

• SCathiest says:

You may as well go out fighting Captain, you could take out some of the enemy in your last breaths.
      Don't give up till your out of trades

• whatyasmokin says:

It's now or never, trade in Walters.

82. LoganJosh7 says:

trade out butler or balic or both? balic looks like hes out long term and butler might not rise any further… really wanted to only use one trade max this week.

83. FizzEm says:

Any word on rockliffs status?? I have beams and hoping rocky is out for a couple so brisbane will bring beams back before there bye.

84. Hoot says:

Ok… so i have only just figured out how to use this 'wordpress' login thing. Anyone want to share as to how they got a cool pic up there adjacent to their name?

85. Crow says:

I think im in the most difficult situation here guys
    Got 30k in the bank
    Def Laird, Shaw, Marchbank, Otten, Newman, Berry (Stewart, Williamson)
    Mid : Rockliff, Bont, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ablett, Fyfe, Cripps, Taranto (Barrett, Parfitt, Fisher)
    Rk: Martin, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    Fwd : Dahlhaus, Greene, Nankervis, Yeo, Steele, Butler (Parsons, Balic)
    21 trades, Defence is weak and ive been trying to upgrade it for the past 3 weeks, but other stuff has gotten in the way. Honestly, i dont want to give up rocky because I know how good he is but is that the only option i have? Because downgrading a balic or Parfitt to myers ain't gonna give me much in return. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

• Derek says:

you still need to upgrade 6 keepers, but have little cash and not much cash generation.

Parfitt to Myers will give you a bit of cash, and Myers will generate a bit over the next few weeks.

• Notorious mac says:

Trade rockliff to adams and then swing adams to defence next upgrade

• Derek says:

You could also do Rocky to MCRae and swing him forward

Moves like that could rocket you in rankings. People looking at Donuts in forward line and you have 6 premiums

• Noirlust says:

Dont trade Rocky. keep him tucked in tight.

Look for a double trade down and get rid of those no playing rookies. Parfit and Balic i would suggest or Parfit and Butler.
      Butler is past his used by date now, should have cashed him out a couple weeks back.
      Why dont you have SPP?

86. LoganJosh7 says:

heeney or JJK?

87. murray says:

shaw or rance??

88. Gdub says:

thoughts on hibberd in the backline community?

• ProTravo says:

I brought him in this week. I'd say the score he got against the Hawks will not be common and that he should average about 100.

• NoLanguage says:

I upgraded Otten to him. Dees have a good run the next month too.

89. John says:

Billings or Kobe as an upgrade from beams

90. Dice says:

VC on Danger or Selwood?

91. Crimewave says:

Who do we cut from the side out of Butler & Houston?
    Feel like Butler will come straight back in whilst Houston was omitted.

92. kramer says:

worth going one of Butler/Balic/Parfitt to Durdin or Stewart to avoid a donut this weel? If so which one out and wic one in?

93. savemebarry1 says:

Bont or Danger VC? And also need help on picking which two to trade this week out of

WHE, Balic, Butler and Hampton

• pod says:

Who do you think will win the game? I reckon the Cats, I'm VC'n Danger or Jelwood, still to decide which yet.

• dave says:

Leaning towards Bont, but I feel dirty about it because hey, Danger is Danger.. Waiting for him to be fully over that rib problem that seems to be holding him back before giving him C again.. Its almost like "which is your favourite child?" ..awkward..
      trade out Hampton & Balic, the other 2 next week lol

• voiceofreason says:

much of a muchness…both likely to score there abouts

94. Imgonnalose says:

Want to upgrade either in the forward or defence this week
    Already have simmo, heater, Adams, laird, yeo-yeo, Dahl, macrae and nank

Was looking at Greene or Heeney but others possibly roberton, joey, rance, Williams, jjk or buddy?? Or anyone else,
    Please help community

• lazza says:

When will you upgrade Heater :)
      Not in Top 15 defenders whether it's overall average, 3 round average or 5 round average.
      Just loving the number of people hanging on to the past .. doesn't rank in top 10 for any stat this season so far.

• Goat says:

Just loving people with trades to burn. I'll back him in For top 30 with the odd high score. Not leaving my side any time soon.

95. dave says:

Any love for Hamish Hartlett (next week) to turn around the slow start to the season,? Or am I insane

• jez_m says:

insane

• bigbadbrad says:

Only get him if you like your life to suck.

• Finnius123 says:

Wait for a game or two to show a turn in form rather than just hoping for one – good logic though looking for rd 9 bye players to carry you through – would recommend harbrow down back if you are looking for one desperately

• dave says:

yeh good point, not needed desperately – defence is almost set; logic was turn marchbank (D6) into Hartlett (had his bye) as D6 for rest of year… He's averagred 100 for a season before, DPP, part of a form team, solid skills…….. but……. injuries, inconsistency and no love apparently lol. Harbrow for the win then?

• b_sh3p says:

I say NO

• dave says:

lol.. point well and truly taken.

96. Finnius123 says:

I have bont, danger and selwood in my team for the Friday night loophole, however am considering going something a bit different.

VC Tex Walker against the brisbane lions – I am backing him to do a buddy and go absolutely huge.

This leaves me with the conundrum of picking a Sunday captain – am leaning towards Elliott Yeo at this stage.

You've got to risk it to get the biscuit.

In other news trading witts has allowed me to avoid a doughnut in the forward line and get matt priddis whilst also getting rid of Harley balic – so I am pretty happy.

Double downgrade next week and then bring in harbrow for Marchbank and another couple of downgrades after Rd 10. Then a double upgrade after Rd 10 leaves me with one premo spot left – which I will get for SPP after that Rd 13 bye.

Thoughts community? Would especially love to hear your thoughts on the VC/C option.

97. Steeeve says:

Looking at three donuts this week. THREE. If Parsons gets a game by some miracle I'll have two. Preuss getting a game would leave me with one.

98. SCNoob says:

J. Lloyd or Hibberd as an upgrade for Otten?

99. MorrowSC says:

Burton a worth selection as a trade in this week to end up as eventual D7/F7 cover or will he be another burn man for me to add to the list?
    Looking at trading out Otten/P-P this week for Hurley/Lloyd. Don't have enough coin to upgrade Balic to a FWD premo so I'll just have to cop a doughnut.

DEF
    Laird, Hurley, Simpson, Shaw, Marchbank, Stewart (V-W, Hibberd)

MID
    Bont, Sloane, Danger, Selwood, Zorko, Fyfe, Treloar, Myers (Barret, Fisher, Lloyd)

RUCK
    Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWD
    Dahlhaus, Buddy, Lynch, Nank, Higgins, Balic (Parsons, Eddy)

THOUGHTS?

• Captain Risky says:

Looking at him myself. Seems to be a good kick, great efficiency. Desperate times, desperate measures.

I'll be putting him fwd this week, then moving to defense next week. Gets me out of a fwd donut pickle with Nank covering Witts this week. Could be a handy swing man later.

100. INPieman says:

Hearing Hampton is off to the SANFL

101. Mystic Mac says:

Just when you think it couldn't get worse :I

102. FetusDave says:

Can you loophole with the bye players this week? Or are they classed as having played the moment the round starts?

• bigbadbrad says:

Yep u can loophole them. They don't lock out until the start of the final game on Sunday.

103. Apache says:

Whats the communitys opinion of Josh Kelly? Is he a valuable premium?

• Danners says:

I can't see him being a top 10 mid, he would have to average probably 110 for that

• Beezneez says:

Had him from the start and am happy given his opening price. Tossed up between him and Oliver who I might get in after his bye as long as he is not too pricey. Kelly got lots of the footy last week and very happy with his 147 compared to some of the other so called premos.

• Tommo09 says:

Playing well recently

104. Steve says:

Thoughts on who will be the top 6 fwds this year

105. Stealth says:

How many trades do people have and where should we be at. I have 24 and haven't traded this week yet.

106. Harley says:

Apparently Jenkins and McKay dropped for Adelaide.

Will this Bring back the 90's for Otten? I think so..,

• Joshua says:

My mind is gonna implode with all this carnage

• INPieman says:

Now that would make the decision on otten a lot harder

• Joshua says:

Marchbank instead?

• Beezneez says:

I'm keeping him as a warm body until round 12 when I am intending to move either him or Marchbank to Docherty – unless he returns to higher scoring as he did earlier.Ii was all set to do the trade this week until I looked at my bye structure and I want to avoid as many doughnuts as I can. Jenkins did take a few hitouts that previously Otten would have contested but Otten was his own worst enemy by dropping a fair few hard contested marks he almost snaffled. He also missed a couple of sitters in front of goal.

• Justin says:

Would make sense. Should be a major shakeup at the Crows nest this week after two insipid performances for a side that was supposedly flag favourite a fortnight ago.

• Beezneez says:

I can't believe how the media say things like "premiership favourites after one or two rounds. First it was GWS then the Crows after they beat them. They should just keep a lid on their inane comments. As for the Crows it was always going to be on the cards that there would be changes after insipid performances from some of their players. Lever back will make a difference and I was expecting (hoping) Greenwood and especially Gallucci got a game.

• Hoot says:

Otten stays.

• Noirlust says:

VC For Otten!

• Tommo09 says:

Still trading out
      Can't make enough cash to justify keeping

107. KSinny says:

What does everyone think about Scott Selwood, only 281k and averaged 104 in 2012. If he shows some good form after 2 games could be a handy pickup. Thoughts?

108. 140+ from Koby says:

If Koby Stevens is Listed in the Midfield in the centre or as a ruck follower Welcom my team obi1koby

• INPieman says:

If he works for your byes he could be a nice sneaky move. I heard Richo heaping praise on him just before he got suspended. So obviously he likes him

• James says:

I take little notice of where players are listed on team sheets. 5 minutes into the game many players are often playing in completely different positions so it really means bugger all imo.

• Craig says:

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

109. Hoot says:

Trelor is IN! WooHoo!!!

110. jarryd says:

Phew Newman survives another week! Rejoice community!

111. DefyingMadness says:

Damn Newman is playing

112. Keith says:

Hampton plays people. Looks like INPieman isn't a seer after all lol!

113. DefyingMadness says:

Parsons lives thank god

114. Jerry says:

Still no Preuss. FU Brad Scott! :(

115. Finnius123 says:

Parsons isn't dropped and Hannan is named onfield – looks like it isn't so much of a disaster after all

• Captain Risky says:

It's almost got to the stage i'd prefer a donut to seeing Hannan in my team. However, I should be rational. he lives another week..

• Russty_ says:

Until both their scores are finalised lol, I have both.

116. Ja191 says:

no way, parsons got named..

• Derek says:

And he plays Friday. We can see what he does before taking any drastic action

• Moosehead says:

Derek and others. He can play but has two ordinary weeks. Note he tackled better last week than most of his team. Obviously the coaching team believe in him. Capable of punching out 70 -80 SC points

• Top Gun says:

Horlin-Smith is unlucky. I don't have him but surely he is a better player than Parsons.

117. DefyingMadness says:

Ivan Soldo back in could cause problems

• Captain Risky says:

Opportunity !! Preuss out, Soldo in.- Witts Covered. Nank stays Fwd. Hannan off the field!!

• DefyingMadness says:

I mean for Nanks scoring

• Captain Risky says:

Yeah, I know. wouldn't be too concerned, Nank doesn't win a lot of hitouts anyway, scores more around the ground, marks, tackles etc.
          Nank might spend more time up fwd but will still do a bit of ruck work. Wait and see but i like the idea as a tigers supporter. (Elton no good, Griffiths out of action, Chol not ready, Vickery at Hawks :) )

• Top Gun says:

JS?

• Russty_ says:

I went Preuss to Cameron Captain, to create the swingman, have Sandi, Witts and Nank in fwds…Soldo won't stay in the side for long, and isn't a dpp.

• Captain Risky says:

That was my original plan – I have had Cameron since the start of the year, clogging space on the Fwd line bench. I live in hope!
          I think Soldo gets 3-4 more games in which case he will make the majority of his cash, then I swing Cameron to ruck bench, enabling me to swing Nank later in the season. Soldo should score ok in the ruck, it's a matter of him getting 4 or 5 games.

That's the theory, hasn't worked well all year but I live in hope!

I could bypass Soldo and bring in Myers but he doesn't look that tempting.

118. Finnius123 says:

Myers is named on an extended bench. Is anyone nervous?

119. Joshua says:

Do we hold Otten now?
    Few New rookies coming in this week is nice to see

• redherringfc says:

definitely hold this week. His worst score with Jenkins out is 98 (i think). One decent score and it hopefully will see his price hold (maybe rise and fall to similar) until his round 13 bye.

120. Jim_bob321 says:

Shai Bolton people

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Can play, I hope he does well with his mate D.Rioli

• Beezneez says:

I'm looking forward to also seeing Jordan Gallucci from the Crows – have been waiting for his debut.

• Tommo09 says:

Will he be another player who is up and down
      Can we rely on him for consistent scores?

121. iLoveNMFC says:

Stefan Martin (via DPP) or Dustin Martin?

• Danners says:

Big Stef is more likely to be a top 3 ruck than Dusty being a top 10 mid so Stef for me

122. BrownlowBoy says:

Anyone got any news on Willie Rioli?

• Northerner says:

Playing this week in the East Perth reserves on limited game time. He's stacked on a pot belly so suggest several weeks.

123. Finnius123 says:

A few good rookies cropping up in the next couple of weeks

124. TOPHAWK1 says:

Nice. Shai Bolton (MID/FWD) is playing. Could be the perfect switch for Harley Balic in my midfield in a few weeks. Hope Bolton plays well so this switch can be made. Bye friendly also.

125. Finnius123 says:

Berry is named on the footy. Derek you must be happy!

126. Ja191 says:

Well atleast collingwood will do well this week, the big tryrone's been named

127. Mark says:

Thoughts on otten to Mcinnes and butler to jjk? Only way I can get a premo is to downgrade otten

128. Jim_bob321 says:

Do u guys reckon Myers will get a game this week?

129. Chris_Judd says:

Trading Butler and Houston to Myers and Durdin (not to confident with Durdin's JS) and pocketing 380k. I was planning on trading Otten but with Jenkins being dropped and Otten being named forward again I think i might keep him up until his bye round. Thoughts?

• Goat says:

Otten has made his way back into my side. Parsons lives and trading out Balic avoids my donut.

130. Top Gun says:

Preuss going next week. Doubtful he will get a game any time soon with Waite back and Goldy getting into some form. Beam him up Scotty!

131. Ja191 says:

am i crazy or is berry a good downgrade option? dpp and that way I can go butler to heeney

• SF4 says:

Missed the boat. Too pricey now.

• Doc says:

Thinking of the same move.

I think it's only an option if you plan to keep him as a swing set, and for last emergency bench cover through the finals. Boat has sailed as a cash cow.

132. redherringfc says:

Can anyone give me advice on who to bring in for WHE. I can get a fwd, mid or def. I looked at johannisen, but i'm not convinced. Lloyd is just too much and has the same bad bye as jj. I have 496.7k. I also looked at T macdonald, but once bitten ….
    I already have Heeney and Shaw.

133. Rick Grimes says:

Can people remind me if I can use a bye player in captain's loophole?

134. Choppers says:

5pm tomorrow

135. SF4 says:

Good week for potential cash cows.
    Perryman, Shai Bolton, Greenwood, Galluci, Mountford all named.
    Can't believe scharenberg is still in the vfl.

136. Joshua says:

Doc, Laird, Shaw, Otten, Marchbank, Berry (Smith, Stewart)

Bont, Danger, pendles, fyfe, JPK, hanners, Dusty, SPP (Barrett, Balic, Hibbo Jr)

Sandilands, Witts (stranadica)

Yeo, Macrae, Dalhaus, Steele, nank, taranto (Eddy, parsons)

Will be swinging Nank to cover Witts and playing Parsons on field. Trade advice, 17.2 k in bank and 18 trades left. Was thinking Balic to Myers and thats all but would like some guidance.

137. Rick Grimes says:

The way this season has gone, I fully expect Parsons and Hanan to ton up this week. Go on my sons, I have faith in ya!

138. Stanks21 says:

Looking to bring in a ruckman and swing Nankervis forward. Any suggestions?? I was thinking McEvoy as a POD.

139. Finnius123 says:

Durdin and Zerrett or Priddis and Myers this week? Can only afford one combo.

• BradK says:

Im going early on Stewart instead of Durdin, and taking the gamble that he'll keep his spot.

Zerrett is my other trade this week. Can see him ending up averaging 115. Neale is too expensive.

So I'd go either Durdin and Zerrett, or Stewart and Zerett. Priddis is too far past his prime imho

• Marcus says:

Priddis and Myers if Myers is named mate

140. Fido says:

Can you loophole with a bye player, such as eddy??

141. SCdonkey says:

Demmit!! Waited all week for tonights team announcement, no clarity on Hannan, Myers and Durdin have to wait one more day to push the trade button.

142. Holty says:

With the news Jenkins being dropped, im holding Ottens for a few more weeks now.

143. musicissport says:

Quick one community:
    1. Trade out Preuss, swing Nank into ruck and pick up Heeney,
    2. Hold rucks, cop donut, hope Preuss gets game time soon, trade Butler for Heeney.

Thoughts?

144. Bruh says:

Hey everyone, this is a bit of an irrelevant question.
    But has anyone ever had trouble when you try and comment on an article a message pops up saying, the URL you have entered is incorrect, and to try again. Not sure why as i have been commenting like this for a while now and all of a sudden it doesn't work.
    Any tips?

• hedski says:

Try to refresh the page first Bruh?

• neil Demons Delight says:

had same problem a while back my wife made a comment and changed the name up top. happened 3 times.Another problem I have is some of the comments are a day old when they appear on screen don't change your name

• hedski says:

Get yourself a WordPress or intense debate account Neil, should be able to join at the bottom of page near where you comment.

• Top Gun says:

Nope just had a few comments eaten

145. Brad says:

If u start SPP on the ground at the start of tomorrow's night game is he locked or can u still sub with your bench?

146. BlueNath says:

After lockout, can Bye players (Port and GC players) be subbed off the bench for loophole purposes? Or are they locked into position (as if they have played)??

147. Nick says:

Should I trade Preuss or WHE? Preuss isn't playing a better option to offload?

148. GO TYLESS HAWKS says:

As a Hawthorn supporter i hope Ty Vickery is a late change with James Sicily (Swing man also) DPP lol young talent = Good luck do a Newman Alistair worked as Horse brought in Newman last week and looked what happened the swans won and Newman got 35 disposals

149. Fido says:

Gotta love newman at d6 right now. Dont see any reason why he cant show similar efforts and pump out some 80-100s. Another 150+ and he's a keeper.

I've traded like a loon, but are ranked just outside the 1000 and like the look of my team. Rockliff sucks.

My question is: sloane or neale as my final mid?

150. Boitoi says:

Go early on Stewart or Lloyd?

151. John says:

Hey Community would love some help.

I have 20k in the bank and have no idea what to do for trades. I have 21 trades remaining.

DEF: Doch, Laird, Lloyd, Tuohy, Marchbank, Newman ( Stewart and Hampton)

MID: Danger, Fyfe, Cripps, Treloar, Pendels, Merrett, Titch and SPP ( Fisher, barret, Pickett)

RUCK: Sandy, Gruny ( Strndica)

FWD: Franklin, Dahl, Nank, Parsons, Balic, Butler ( Tom Lynch, Eddy)

I am unsure what do with Balic and Butler this week so any suggestions would be handy.

Cheers fellas

152. Noirlust says:

RIP Nankervis

Soldo joins the party

153. The BONT says:

Do i go early on Fraser McInnes or get a donut in my forwardline bench

• Steve1 says:

Im in the same boat, i don't like donuts and i don't like trading in after 1 game. But he's winning for me out of durdin and stewart.

154. Bradk says:

Anyone have the guts to captain fyfe against carlton on sunday? Reckon he's due for a 170 or something

155. Noirlust says:

Fraser McInnes, hows this kids security, and role. Missed what he did last week.
    Has a nice fwd/def swing

156. Ken says:

What do we do with Shaw?

• Stanks21 says:

Keep. Will still be a consistent player and is not worth wasting a trade on

• SF4 says:

Hold

• Lazza says:

If you don't have him, look elsewhere for now …. have a look at him later in the season if he turns his game around … there is nothing so far this year to suggest he will be Top 10 let alone Top 6. He started to fall off the place after last year's Bye round.

• pod says:

Loophole him if you can.

157. Dnoyes says:

Are there any Freo fans here with some info on Walters? With Stephen Hill back in the team will he still be getting a decent amount of time in the middle?

158. Shammers says:

Thinking of going butler to heeney and otten to mcinnes this week. Reckon fmac is a solid option at 155k even though he's a slight risk? Or should I be looking at vickers willis or even berry?

159. Doc says:

Butler to Myers
    Or
    WHE to Zerret

Can avoid a donut with both options.

160. Tim says:

Got a big dilemma this week. Do i mutimer, which means i gotta play Hannan on field? Or go early on someone like Mciness, Greenwood, Stewart (bombers) or one of the GWS boys like Lloyd or Perryman? Its not idea but gotta double downgrade and already going Myers

161. Joshua says:

Balic to Myers this week and a downgrade + Marchbank to Harbrow next week. Good idea?

162. Tommo09 says:

After teams should I still go Otten and Butler to Adams and Myers?
    I don't think Otten can make much more cash even if he plays well this week

163. Harley says:

with the inclusions of Wallis and Rampe it will be interesting to see how it affects other players scoring in their respective teams this weekend, positively or negatively.

Guys like Lloyd, Mills and Newman / the Bont and Dahlhous.

I think it will help improve Mills and Dahlhouse.

Was going to bring in the Bont for Rocky but I might hold on that for now to see what happens. Bring in Kennedy or Cripps I think.

164. The Nank says:

marchbank or otten on field?

165. Boltons Blues says:

Not enough cash to upgrade, so will need to double downgrade.
    Can get Myers cause of no swing, so Butler and Balic, down to who? Stewart? Durdin? only need 1 decent one, the other will be on the bench after this week

• Joshua says:

Myers and durdin. I'm only going Balic to Myers this week

• Cogla13 says:

Have a look at Bolton from the tigers. He's only playing his first game but I think the tiges will give him an extended run at it like they did with Rioli last year.

166. Mel says:

122k – Trade options with Byes in mind welcomed. Thinking of Myers as a downgrade and maybe a FWD. Options?
    Shaw, Tuohy, Otten, Newmann, Marchbank, Berry (Hampton, Hibberd)
    Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
    Nank, Buddy, Roughy, Dahl, Macrae, Butler (Eddy, Parsons)

• Tyruddanaut says:

Swap Adams DEF and put Beams on field
      Otten has peaked with his role change. Trade him out and get Myers in Mid with Adams DPP
      Trade Butler and Sub Baltic to FWD
      Play Parsons on field for Balic
      Choose trade in, I recommend Heeney but it's your preference

167. hedski says:

Desperate times peoples.

• neil Demons Delight says:

could have been worse at least Fisher got a game but seriously this kid can play tackles hard like a caleb daniels I think he may do a newman at least half a newman surprise us all.looking closely at ryder for the final forward

• Tyruddanaut says:

I didn't see any bad changes. Can you please elaborate?

168. Alex says:

Hannan and Durdin named on field…

169. Joshua says:

Barrett just said balic will almost certainly be requesting a trade back to melbourne. Bench Boy Balic is gone for Myers this week for me anyway.

170. JAL says:

Thoughts on Daniel Loyd from GWS scored a 54 in his first game playing again this week…?

• Weasel says:

Yeah had a good look but decided to hold on rookies. Interested to see Bolton, Galluci and especially Greenwood this week. Greenwood averaging 8.5 tackles a week in the SANFL as a tall mid.

• Spoolge says:

Very good player he is but with Deledio and Griffin to come back in soon.

• Relton says:

coniglio out for another 10. lloyd looks the goods!

171. Declan says:

Is it too late to trade in Berry only about 210k and could possibly go up by another 130k with the increase midfield time. Also now Rockliff is out for next 2 will he be given more of a midfield role? Need to downgrade a defender so that I am able to upgrade butler to hanners/merrett as they both have low BE and its probably the lowest they will be possibly for the rest of the year. Not many options, not wanting to go to McInness or go early on someone like Perryman and not sure about McNiece is ever going to get named again and can't wait or hope that Scharenberg will be named so is berry the best option and worth the trade?

172. Jambak says:

Will Myers play this week?

• Top Gun says:

Green and J. Merrett to miss out imo. Between Myers and Bird who will play but if the heavens open Bellchambers may get the chop.

173. Daniel says:

Who looks the better option long term as a top 10 defender out of Lloyd and Johannissen? Rampe back may affect Lloyds scoring while Boyd out may affect Johanisens scoring as well

174. Pom says:

Speculating on trading in Jarred Waite?
    Unreliable and injury prOne but likely to make more coin from now till his bye than Pickett/eddy/parsons/hannan/black.
    Big ceiling, BE of 1. 190 in his rolling average for next week too.
    Chasing points, but chance of coin. Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond next 3 games.

• Goat says:

That is a really interesting shark move. Will consider.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Carlton are playing well currently
      Melbourne are still on track to be a top 8 side
      Richmond are good and underrated because of their history and losing streak

I wouldn't look too far into that part

As for the cash generation, I talked myself into Heeney but I think it's a choice of 30k or so or a trade.
      So what would you rather, money or security?

• Top Gun says:

I agree he is a great POD if he can maintain form and not get injured.

• Weasel says:

I've had sleepless nights this week considering the same.

• Billioux says:

Not now. Not ever. 190.. Then 46..Then 129.. Then 4 frees against in first 10 min then reported out for 5 weeks then oh my back is sore out for 4 weeks then next year.. same same.

175. Bob says:

WHE to Walters?

176. Jimmy says:

Balic to Myers via DPP and Butler down to Durdin (leaving around $260k for upgrades later)
    OR
    Butler to durdin and Otten up to a premium who is $537k or less

177. Joshua says:

Will be picking up Harbrow next week, looks to be in form

178. Tyruddanaut says:

When you realize you have only 4 premiums til full premo

• Joshua says:

Same if i trade a backline premo in this week but will be holding off and getting harbrow next. So 5 it is for me.

• Joshua says:

How many trades you on?

• Russty_ says:

Depends on your definition of a premo I guess, let's have a look at your team.

• Tyruddanaut says:

These are just my premiums to save time:
        Def: Doch, Laird, Adams
        Mid: Bont, Danger, Fyfe, Titch, Pendles, Treloar, Oliver
        Ruck: Grundy, Sandilands
        FWD: Dahl, Lynch (GC), Buddy, Nank, Heeney, Roughy

• kim says:

I'm not sure i would count roughy as a keeper unless he keeps pumping out 95+ scores. Last couple have been good but i dont see him as a keeper, need yeo or macrae in the long run.

179. TigerNut says:

Sorry Lek mate but I have to disagree with a few on the sheet. Sam Durdin is a definite No. Shaun Burgoyne? Why bring him in if he's only good for a 10th finish at best in Defence. Balic should be everyone's last priority to trade. If people were to trade Balic to Myers it would net 80k. Can't upgrade another player with 80k. Telling people to bring in a port or gc defender after their bye is plain wrong. Only relevant defender would be Pittard only. I feel you can't trade for 3/4 rounds for byes and bring in players you wouldn't normally bring in for the sake of someone playing throughout a bye round where another wouldn't.

• TigerNut says:

Plus Fyfe isn't prime for the picking. Clearly his broken leg has hindered his output. Barlow was never the same after his broken leg. I've had Fyfe from the start and I will be Holding. For the same price people can bring in Merrett. But personally i would not be telling anyone to trade him in. Still a good player just not his Brownlow form

• Cogla13 says:

You have to trade Balic before the byes. You need as many warm bodies as you can get. Same for Eddy if not chosen Round 11.

180. Jordan says:

Hi Community I would love some help!!! I have 7.9k and I am planning on making two trades this week
    Powell pepper to Lloyd and otten to laird would leave me with 100 coins but I listened to the podcast and now want to keep Powell pepper what should I do instead I have Powell pepper balic otten and Marcbanh on the chopping block

181. TigerNut says:

Hugh Greenwood MID/FWD named for Adelaide. Shai Bolton MID/FWD named for Tigers. Both 117k. One of them could be a better option than MID only Myers 133k

• Weasel says:

Agree with Greenwood. Tackling machine and can see him playing high half forward role. Should see plenty of it too against the Lions

182. Jay says:

I've undone all trades until Myers is confirmed (or not). I can wait until Saturday, There are no Dogs or Cats players in my trade plans so will re assess later

183. garfield_da_cat says:

i need to pick a forward to trade in issac heeney or jackson mcrae?

184. Deeboss says:

Good evening lads…. is Jack Steele a keeper?
    Thinking about bringing him in this week…

185. Joshua says:

Balic to Myers or wait and see what Bolton and Greenwood can do (both MID FWD DPP)

186. Steve says:

JJK or Koby Stevens?

• Russty_ says:

Tough one Steve, JJK is doing pretty well so far but can be up and down, Stevens started on a tear until he was unfairly suspended.
      Both risky but both could pay off, depends on how much money you want to spend I guess.

187. Jim says:

Which player should be traded out this week for myers (assuming he is named) out of hannan, who has a be of 54, or pickett/balic, who both have dpp?

188. Alby says:

gotta get rid of Butler who to bring in not many rookie to bring into the forward line.

• Lazza says:

If facing a donut and no DPP option to get Myers then it depends on how much cash you have and whether you want to trade up or down.
      Mid price options: Walters and Billings
      Premo: take your pick.
      Rookies: its back to Round 1 gut feel scenario .. a bet on first gamers vs 1 gamers.
      For me it's the DPPs McInnes vs Gallucci

189. Rivo says:

1. Butler & Balic to Heeney & Durdin or
    2. Houston & Balic to Heeney & Stewart?

Other DPP riskier rookie options are Bolton, Greenwood and Galluci.

???

190. Alby says:

Currently have 130k in the bank only have 1 option to bring Taranto in from the middle but don't really want to close that off prior to the byes so trying to avoid that if possible I did think of McInnes though.

191. Arod says:

Thoughts CREW,
    Butler out to Heeney, Steele or D Smith (pod)

192. red5 says:

Butler to Durdin
    -the only down ground option I can see
    Preuss to Vardy
    -Cheap Ruck covered for this week as I have Witts
    -a bit of cheap insurance if a ruck misses a week or two
    -good JS as played every game
    -Preuss doesn't seem to be getting a game any time soon.
    -$180k in bank

• Tyruddanaut says:

I wouldn't go preuss to vardy
      If you have nank up forward then get strndica for ruck cover

193. neildemons says:

Hedski thanks for your advise re intense debate now I hope I can read these great comments and clues early instead of 2 days late thanks mate

• hedski says:

No worries mate, if you refresh the home page around lunch time each day (maybe a bit after) the next thread should pop up, Panic room is there now, cheers.

194. Derek says:

What do people think about McCluggage. Only $15k more than his starting price thanks to a 19 a couple of weeks ago (that will roll out of his average in a week). Had a rest. Maybe he is ready to make his mark?

• Dildor says:

All the the other rooks talk about him like he's a god, was tipped to go #1 but had an injury during the workouts. I'm yet to be impressed if im honest.

• Derek says:

He was in a lot of pre season teams.

Has not impressed but has had a few games now, could see some improvment

• Finnius123 says:

Too skinny

• Liam says:

I'm trading him in this week. These top picks get better the more they play.
      Taranto and Berry didn't start well either.

195. Finnius123 says:

Would you start: Hannan, Parsons or Durdin

• lazza says:

Tough one … all low SC scoring forwards … maybe look at which team has the worst defence of the 3 … which is North … so Hannan might have a better chance at making a score…. BUT, the Cats has the better scoring fwd line …. I'm glad I don't have any of them … but then again, they are all playing … some of mine aren't :(.

• Cogla13 says:

Durdin might not play. Possibly loop hole him. He has been dropped to the extended bench.

196. Dean says:

What's all this talk about Balic not playing again this year, is he injured or something?

197. Relton says:

traded SPP to myers! that may need to be reversed and trade Balic down too myers now.. atleast SPP is going to play after his byes warm bodies are vital… atleast beams and treloar are back for me! I'll be knockin a few longnecks and winnie blues back this weekend SC has really got to me.

198. HarryO says:

jeez any one able to fill a mate in on what the story is with balic?! long term personal leave?? jesus :/

199. Johnny says:

would love to hear what people think of McInnes at the eagles.. JS seems okayish thus far? DPP too. worth gambling on ?? think i need too ax butler and balic

200. Tyruddanaut says:

Same here. Haha and not for just supercoach either seeing carltons changes

201. Liam says:

Preuss or Butler out for McCluggage ?

202. Octa says:

Hi SC community. I am very confused about the E loophole and a clear explanation would be most welcome please.
    Do I put Butler on the field and therefore have Parsons who plays tonight and WHE who plays tomorrow night on my bench. In order to get the best score who do I put the E on? I don't want to put the E on both because I read somewhere that you then get the lowest score. Do I need to put the E on a player?

• Derek says:

You put E on who plays first. Parsons.

After game, if you like Parsons score you do nothing. You get Parsons score.

If you don't like Parsons score, you sub WHE into field in place of Butler. Then you will get WHE. You are locked in then, can't try and get Parsons.

203. Dice says:

If I loophole macreadie on field tonight, and have the emergencies on geelongs stewart and o'connor.
    Who's score do I get??

204. donn17984 says:

Fyfe and B.Eddy to Heeney and Lloyd
    or
    Fyfe and pepper-powell to Zerret and Loyd

205. Mark says:

Not ideal but need to go early on a rookie this week. Already going myers. Which one should i go early on?
    Mciness, Perryman, Lloyd, Stewart, Greenwood

Thanks in advance

206. Mike says:

Need some serious help guys, looking at a donut in the fed line unless i bring in someone like durdin for butler as i can't upgrade butler to heeney, give me your thoughts. Was going to bring myers in for balic.

Def: Docherty, Marchbank, Laird, Shaw, EVW, Newman, Otten and Berry

Mid: Oliver, Pendles, Treloar, Fyfe, Hanners, JPK, Danger, SPP, Pickett, Balic, Barrett

Ruck: Nank, Sandilands, Strnadica

FWD: Dalh, Macrae, Lynch, Yeo, Butler, Taranto, Parsons and Eddy

207. Mike says:

Need some serious help guys, looking at a donut in the fed line unless i bring in someone like durdin for butler as i can't upgrade butler to heeney, give me your thoughts. Was going to bring myers in for balic, Have 22 trades lefts and 130k in the bank.

Def: Docherty, Marchbank, Laird, Shaw, EVW, Newman, Otten and Berry

Ruck: Nank, Sandilands, Strnadica

FWD: Dalh, Macrae, Lynch, Yeo, Butler, Taranto, Parsons and Eddy

208. neildemons says:

who are the 5 must haves to win it mine are DOC ADAMS DANGER MACRAE and LAIRD I have three and to go deeper need one of doc or adams if I SNARED one think I might give a league a shake without both no hope notice no rucks think there are 6 or7 equal cheers

• Steeeve says:

Honestly judging by the top ranked players it seems the most important starting players were Murphy, Oliver and even Yeo. That's how the top have separated themselves thus far.

209. Stupid Coach says:

Nice work Lek Dog. 22 trades left and $31k left. Team is as follows:
    Shaw, Laird, Doc, Otten, Marchbank, Newman (Hampton, Stewart)
    Danger, Pendles, Ward. Treloar, Yeo, Steele, Fyfe, Lloyd (PP, Fisher, Mountford)
    S Martin, Sandilands (Strndica)
    Dahl, Roo, Nank, Hannan, Butler, Parsons (Eddy, D Cameron)

Looking to trade out Butler and Hampton and would love to bring at least one premo in (either def, fwd or mid) however, don't think I will have enough cash to do so. Therefore, should I do a double downgrade (two of Mcinness, Meyers or EVW) and look at bringing two premos in the following week instead.

Appreciate any advice community.

210. Hawkgirl says:

Derek, I have read a lot about you in these rants and ravings and yours are the most knowledgeable to a new SCer like me. You are most kind and helping me. Thanks from another Hawker and may we become great again.

211. Mitch says:

hey guys
    this week im considering:
    OUT:Otten & Butler IN: Michael Hibberd & Myers (via balic DPP)
    I have the intention for my two remaining defenceive upgrades to go into Adams and the Doch. Hibberd is pretty cheap for a player who should average around 90-95 from here on in. Also, is it worth bringing in Adams for a bit more this week instead, and brigining in a POD like Harbrow instead of adams as my D6? Do i hold Otten now that Jenkins has been dropped?

Im also interested in bringing in stef martin as he is probably as cheap as he will get, allowing me to swing nank fwd and really helps my bye structures – will be looking to bring him in next week if not this.

my team before trades
    DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Shaw, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Stewart, Berry)
    MID: Danger, Pendles, Bont, Titchell, JPK, Fyfe, Treloar, Barrett (SPP, Fisher, Balic
    RUC: Nank, Sandi (pruess)
    FWD: Macrae, Dahl, JJK, Higgins, Taranto, Butler. (Parsons, Eddy)

22 trades left and 147.8k in the bank.
    any suggestions appreciated
    Cheers

212. Steeeve says:

Great news. It appears Hannan and Parsons have been named. This means I avoid two donuts and instead may receive a couple of -5s.

213. FevCeption says:

Butler and Otten for Rance and Durdin?

214. David P says:

Do we need to field a complete team for this round or is it bye round rules and only 18 top scorers?

215. BennyandtheJets says:

Early in the week there was a dreadful rant from an obviously mentally challenged person who carried on about the fact that he selected and kept Black unlike many of the Jock community who either didn't select him or traded him out.
    Well sonny, he hasn't been selected again by the Cattery. Perhaps you should trade him out or have your crawled back under your rock?
    Just musing on this dampish Melbourne afternoon awaiting what should be an interesting game.
    Go Cats.

216. NickMacMan says:

Better to trade Balic since he is out for so long or Hannan cause he may be losing cash?

217. Angelo says:

Someone Pieman? Knew the final Sunday teams before 5.00 pm.
    Does anyone know if Myers made the final 22. Methinks Bird will take his place. I hope not!

218. bighawk76 says:

thoughts on dickson or redpath???

219. bighawk76 says:

thoughts on dickson or repath ????

220. Moses says:

Myers is in the final 22 for Sunday. Phew!

221. rghjk says:

thoughts on viney, 517k, 3 round average of 117 and a BE of 53, shoud he be cosidered

222. Murray says:

Is heeney a premo keeper this year or should I go with a more established star fwd?

223. Moosehead says:

Big scores this weekend with most of us having the VP on Danger.
    Surely Parsons won't last another week.
    Bont getting cheaper – you little ripper.

224. Bomba says:

I don't need to trade this week and playing for league status only however if I trade out Balic for Myers it will add to my cash reserves but I doubt his longevity and surely there are better fish coming on in the next week or two. I plan to make a GCS and PA trade next week.
    Thoughts.

225. Andrew says:

Newman did well again but with a couple of defenders to return including McVeigh, will he keep his spot?

• Russty_ says:

He should do Andrew, McVeigh is an old dinosaur, coaches should be looking at talented youth, and Sydney have a history of doing that.