SuperCoach RD5: Trade Table

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017 by on April 20, 2017 • views: 14958

SuperCoach-Round-five

A SIGNIFICANT ROUND. A ROUND THAT OFTEN SORTS THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF.

Time to sit around the Trade Table and break trade option bread as a peoples.
It’s simple..
Let us know what your trade plans are in the comments section below, with a bit of justification for your decision.
A place to come every Thursday to test your thinking, get some feedback – or just perv on everyone else’s Supercoach brain.

LISTEN: THIS WEEK’S PODCAST

LEKDOG’S ROUND 5 TRADE CHEAT SHEET

THE ROUND 5 SUPERCOACH ROOKIE SCOUT

COACHKINGS QUARTER FINAL NEXT WEEKEND!

This weekend is your last chance to get qualified for the BIG one next Friday!
Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd at a contest in your venue to get qualified – that bloody easy. Get down with your mates!

CoachKings Quarter Final Prize Splits

FIND YOUR NEAREST VENUE
FREE to play
$300 up for grabs in every venue contest
Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd at your venue to qualify for next week’s $10,000 Quarter Final!

Tags: ,

1. jez_m says:

Just one trade for me this week: Taranto out for Balic.

I could give Pickett or Eddy the flick, but I feel like I just wouldn't get enough cash out of getting rid of one of these two just yet. Chopping Taranto gives me about $130K for a future upgrade at some point.

2. THE NANK says:

Thoughts on Jaegar out for Balic and this week then trade Rough for Franklin next week?

3. Steeeve says:

Taranto out for Balic.
    Pickett out for Hanners.

No point waiting for their prices to rise a tiny bit more when there are bargains to be had!

4. The Buttonsticher says:

Ainsworth ain't worth it, bye bye. M.Crouch can punch it, I should have known better. In, 2 other _unts

• INPieman says:

He Ainsworth nothin. Crouching's slipper saw that coming

• Bobby W says:

Jock… Matty Crouch output end last year was huge. This year quiet. Sure he hasn't kicked enough but I reckon the big difference is one Brad Crouch. He was inside feeding his brother last year. And is back from injury and torn it apart last week in the ressies. Hold M Crouch. Brad's coming to save the day…

5. TBone says:

As much as I want to trade down to Balic, I don't know about his ability to score decently each week. Also all rookies will play in my squad other than hibberd. Anyone know how young Williamsons js is over at Carlton? Or should I just wait for another def rookie to come about? Cheers!

6. Tommo09 says:

One trade this week

Hannan or Eddy for Balic
    Giving Rough one more chance
    Roughy, you better deliver

7. Seeker says:

Taranto to Balic is likely for me this week. My simple forecast is that Taranto on increases about $8,000 to $10000, Balic more likely to add 3-4 times that in cash. Then next week with a sizeable bank and Hampton, Marchbank,SPP or even WHE on the chopping block, I'll look to 'paint the fence' with Fisher and a fallen premo.

8. INPieman says:

If none of Mountford Eddy or Barrett are named then one will become Balic. Undecided on JOM, might grab my doctor bag & go visit his knee. Of course if he is not named he's gone

• thisisscoman says:

The first half of this is where I'm sitting. No good having three guys doing nothing. Might as well get one generating a bit of cash. If none are named, it's probably Eddy out for cash. If Eddy is named, it's Mountford cos I don't know if we'll ever see him again. Barrett is the most likely to play again soon, so the last to be traded.

That's my order anyway.

• INPieman says:

I agree with that order as well. I'd rather not get rid of any. After all they were selected for round 1 so they must be rated

• Tyruddanaut says:

Baltic isn't playing

9. Crows says:

Sam Reid $350,600 for Balic and Andrew McGrath for Sam Docherty or Rory Laird

• INPieman says:

Andrew McGrath has a BE of 4. Wouldn't you be confident he can cover that? He could tear Anzac day apart. Unless he's not playing that's ridiculous. Shelve that plan quick smart

• Gaz says:

I would definitely hold Mc Grath a bit longer.

10. Westy says:

Balic seems to be the panacea. In for JOM or WHE.

Need a bit more cash out of my rooks before I start fence painting.

• INPieman says:

My rule of thumb is if your trading a player over 300k you send them up to a premo. A player under 300 you send them down. But I guess everyone is different. I'd therefore wait to send those boys up

• Tyruddanaut says:

Neither he isn't playing

11. Choppers says:

I'd like to go Hoskin-Elliott to Macrae but need to also get rid of concussed Hibberd to have enough cash. So will bring Williamson in if named. Also have Barrett and Eddy on the bench. Or maybe I don't trade at all. Any thoughts?

• C-Train says:

I am with you Choppers. All my rooks are playing and although not killing it, why waste a trade for a similar rook? Sit tight!

12. Peter Demetriou says:

300k in the bank
    Looking at an upgrade in the mids to hanneberry, either from: J. Omera, S, powel-pepper, or Florent.

Then downgrade to balic from either: eddy, picket or tarranto.

What do you guys think?
    Really want t.adams but not ready to move on any rookies just yet.

• Macca says:

Personally I'd wait a week on the Hanneberry trade, BE of 108 so unless he goes off price isnt going to change too much, and allows a little extra cash gen from the others

• C-Train says:

Hold SPP for this week Pete, he might get 100 against the Blues!

13. Krups says:

Swallow out for Balic?
    Higgins up to Roo?

14. Dylan says:

Who's the better long term option out of Marc Murphy, Brendon Goddard and Ollie Wines?

15. Macca says:

Can either be aggressive and go Rough down to Balic and bank the cash
    Or play it safe and just go a Barrett/Eddy (depends who is named) for Balic

Tough choices

• Kev says:

I'd hold Barrett no matter what you do. He's too good for NEAFL and has a b.e of -22. Eddy, despite his -33 b.e, can't seem to nail down his spot.

16. Johno says:

Anyone have any thoughts on Shaun Burgoyne. Got him in to start with as a POD, but he is leaking cash almost as fast as Heater. I usually stick fat with premo's, but not sure whether he will/can turn it around.

• DavidSA says:

Hawthorn is cooked
      I started with Burgoyne but something told me to change him to JJ before they both played with unlimited trades

17. Josh Kelly says:

Swallow to Hannebery and Marchbank to Berry also would leave me with 100k in the bank, what does everyone think?

• LtDraught says:

Going to North Melbourne would leave you with 9 million Josh, id consider that move

In all seriousness I like the swallow > Hanners move, its a classic upgrade to a fallen premo. However im not sold on Marchbank > Berry. Berry hasnt looked promising with his scores at all, and Marchbank's BE is only 47 so i still see cash to be made. Apart from his 56 in the heavy rain he's scored decently.

18. Chevy says:

The B. VINCE conundrum….
    HOLD or TRADE?

19. Rivo says:

I'm done with JOM & Roughy.
    In comes Rocky & Balic.

• Youngy says:

Solid trades.

• Soothsayer says:

I just keep staring them thinking that surely they will come good, but they have to come good straight away or they lose cash compared to the premium's increases.. I want to bring in Sloane though, he he is reliable, but if he goes up more than 10k this week and JOM and Roughy spud it up, I won't wont be able to afford Sloane. What to Do?

• Rivo says:

Sloane was very close to being picked but I think Rocky can go large and has a higher curling. Very tough call though. Sloane is in great form too. I would get him in now.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Balic is t playin

• Cr0magn0n says:

Good move

20. donn17984 says:

I want to cut H.Shaw for Tom williamson or A.otten?? to make some cash and then bring in Balic. for M.Hibberd. This will leave about 375K in the bank due to cutting H. shaw and I can get a premium next week. Does this look good any suggestions welcome or open to try something else?? was going to cut roughead for sam reid but thought need to get Balic in whilst hes cheap?

Hey Guys current team:

T.ADAMS R.LAIRD H.SHAW
    H. HARTLETT N.NEWNHAM C.HAMPTON BENCH- E. VICKERS-WILL & T.STEWART

D.HANNEBERY D.SWALLOW N.FYFE T. MITCHELL BENCH J.BARRETT & M.HIBBERD
    P. DANGER D.BEAMS B.PARTITT S.POWELL-PEPER BENCH L.STRNADICA & D. CAMERON

P.PREUSS B.GRUNDY

L.DAHLHAUS J.ROUGHHEAD W.HOSKINS ELLIOT
    j.MACRAE T.TARANTINO D.HOUSTON.

21. Jeffreyhead says:

Oli Florent to balic, then mister handball crouch to Lynch up fwd. Crouch is a stain and i don't see lynch getting any cheaper. Still only have one on field rookie in the guts as i started with 6-1-4 there. Thoughts?

22. Patch says:

Torn between bringing Stef or Taylor Adams in – will have both eventually but will need to wait on one of them. Been on the Adams train most of the week but think I'll go for Stef, as it lets me play one less shonky forward rookie (Nank swings forward).

Although if SPP isn't named, as the whispers suggest, I might go to Adams and have him in the middle

• DavidSA says:

I did Steff too Patch, I started the season with Hickey…. I know I know

• hedski says:

I think SPP will be named Patch, Hinkley said on afl site he's backing him in. I got Stef in for Roughy swinging Nank fwd also, don't think we'll see Stef this cheap for a while.

23. donn17984 says:

• Andrew says:

Leave Shaw. He will come good and it will just burn two trades when he finds form again and you look to bring him in.

• DavidSA says:

So many trades to cut off one premo for eventually a prem back that's insane

24. Trade Itch says:

Going Parfitt and SPP for Parsons and Matera.
    Thinking Parsons will come back so will just get him now as I like the look of him, will pass on Balic. Punting on Matera into F6 as a limited risk. He may just make a few $ before the bye debacle kicks in.
    Have stacked the Backline, Rucks and Fwds with mid pricers. Mids started complete with Fyfe at M8. A little bit different but you never know.
    24 trades left and the premium upgrades of the mid pricers start next week. Roughy 1st to go then.

• Andrew says:

Mate!!! Parfitt has a -30 BE. He will make money for the next few weeks and then you can go to Parsons when he gets back. Make yourself maybe an extra 60k odd. You may as well leave him on your bench to grow if you're stacked and then drop him for Parson's once he's actually playing again.

• INPieman says:

Wow. Just wow

• Josh says:

What are trades pieman? Still
        Holding Heath Shaw as he bleeds cash?

• Raging Bulls says:

It doesn't matter if they 'bleed cash' if you plan on keeping them all season. Which you absolutely 100% SHOULD with Heath Shaw as he is a Top 6 Defender… U don't know what you're doing or how to play SC if you trade out Heath Shaw this week. It's as simple as that… Everyone who doesn't have HS should be looking at getting him for a paltry amount next week anyway. First year playing SC Josh?

• josh says:

nah mate traded Shaw last week when he was up around 560k for cash and points generation as I play for rank, will get him back later when he is around 450 if needed. Have kept him for the whole season in previous years but trying first mover principle. Not my first rodeo champ. Pieman lambasted me last week on Shaw and you can too but cookie cutter trading to Swallow last week didn't really work out did it?

• Northernsoul74 says:

Amateur hour.

• Jager Bombs says:

I just laughed out loud on the train home. Mate step away from the computer and dont press the trade button.

25. Steeeve says:

Who to trade out?
    Eddy, Hannan, Pickett.
    All have more cash to make but that's only if they play. Pickett in particular has never come close to Balic's 73 scored last weekend.

• Choppers says:

Correct Steeeve, Pickett hasn't come close yet. But are you aware that he's increased his score in every game he's played so far.
      Don't think anyone else has done that…..just sayin'.

26. Spencer says:

I'm considering Dr Pepper down to Ball Lick then M Crouch into Hand on Berries had a gutful of Crouch can't hold any further he's leaking too much $

27. Jojo says:

Is buddy worth buying this week

28. Adrian says:

Community, am thinking Mitchell Hibberd to Ballic, just because Hibberd hasn't played and is a test for concussion…so at a minimum he's some time away for generating cash.

Although l am wondering should l just wait a week to bring Ballic in for Fisher……and save the trade….not really desperate for Ballic…just doing it for the cash gen this week, but Fisher will be on the bubble next week…think l am talking myself into reversing that trade…..l remember in previous years doing these types of trades, and ended up running out of trades…

What would you do….

29. DavidSA says:

Rookies are:
    Newman, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart
    McGrath, SPP, Parfitt, Fox, Barett
    Strandica
    Butler, Houston, Bowes, Eddy

Trades have been done and locked for last 3 days they are Hickey > Martin & Hibberd > Lloyd
    I'm worried about Howe moving back forward at times are even whole games so picked Lloyd.
    Don't feel like I'm missing out on any rookies currently on the bubble

30. The Ranger says:

I'm seeing a lot of people trading out rookies that still have money to make.
    In my experience you need your rookies to make a minimum of 100K (ideally more) before culling them if you want to get to full premo.
    I know it's hard to do nothing but sometimes good things come to those that wait.

• DavidSA says:

Agree Marchbank and SPP got another 70k to make I feel

• The Ranger says:

You can add Pickett, Taranto and Eddy to that list.
        They might be earning slowly but they're still earning and an extra 10-20K might be the difference between getting the fallen premo you really want or having to bring in a lesser player later in the season.
        Timing when to jump off a rookie is crucial.

31. Lenny says:

Zach Merrett and Stefan martin or Rocky and Jack Mcrae

32. DavidSA says:

First option by a mile

33. Stirlsy says:

2 trades for me this week 1 planned from the start, trade 1 Balic in for Florent.
    Trade 2 Sandi to Sloane via dpp Nank jumps up from fwd to Rucks for a while.
    Yes i know Sandi still has cash to make but he was always only going to stay in the team for 5 to 6 weeks and if Nank held up and Sandi wasn't avg 105 he was going to be part of first upgrade.

34. Liam says:

Who should I trade omeara out for to be on the field? Or should I trade Powell-pepper instead?

35. Steven Jurica says:

I think the best indication of whether your team is appreciating enough in price and your rookies are fattening up is your total team value. Mine is $11,187,000 (including cash in bank).

How is everyone else fairing in team value?

36. TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Hoping Perryman gets a game.
    So I can use Hibberd DPP only reason worth holding.
    Was keen on Berry but not with those scores.
    Depends who is named and dropped.
    Probably will bring in balic as have trading strategy all planned out who I am looking at bringing in and when.
    Only one flaw – the bloody rookies need to start making some [email protected]#!

• Stirlsy says:

Yes Trigger, lots of us in the same boat with these crappy rookies.

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

I mean is it too much to ask for a cheap rookie who plays each week and scores 60's sometimes more? A fwd or a mid would be nice.
        Shhesh.

37. Kevdog says:

My current team
    Def: Laird, Lloyd, Shaw, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Hampton, Stewart)
    Mid: Danger, Fyfe, Hannebery, Treloar, M.Crouch, Petrevski-Seton, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)
    Ruc: Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica)
    Fwd: Dahlhaus, Nankervis, JJK, Buddy, Butler, Taranto (Parfitt, Eddy)
    109k in the bank 28 trades left.
    Thinking of going Pickett to Balic and Crouch to Dylan Shiel with 76k left
    Thoughts ?

• josh says:

need to strengthen that engine room I reckon. Shiel nice POD pick but only averaging 100. Could go 1 round early on Hampton, Powell Pepper or Taranto and get Williamson, Fisher as rookie and Sloane, Merrit, Rocky, Bont or Dependelberry as premo mid. Will Shiel finish top 8 mids is question you need to ask yourself.

38. RickeyRat says:

Thoughts appreciated on offloading Treloar for Rockliff then Titchell for Sloane with the view they go big and score 150+ ,the other two would need 50 possessions to score that as they butcher the ball.
    Also ANB for Roughie as he's a dpp and forwards are horrible this year.

39. Sir Sam says:

Here's my current team: http://i.imgur.com/Z9n3Y3o.png
    With 26 trades left and 257k in the bank, I'm thinking Ainsworth to Balic and Powell-Pepper up to Hannebery

40. Big G says:

Will Declan Montford ever play a game of AFL footy ever again?

41. Dildor says:

Can someone tell me Z.Merret's breakeven as well as some projected stats?

42. Tommy says:

Hey guys, this is my team
    26 trades, 38k in the bank
    DEF: Simmo, T.Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (newman, Stewart)
    Mid: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'meara, SPP (Parfitt, Pickett, Barrett)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandy (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahl, macrae, Buddy, Hoskin Elliot, Butler Houston (Hannan, Eddy)

Thoughts on what i shoudl do? Any help would be great as i'm reasonably new to supercoach

• BigBuggars says:

What was your score last week? If you scored over 2050, sit tight and let your rookies appreciate. If you need to trade, you could downgrade O'meara for a rookie and pocket some cash for a couple big upgrades next week.

• Tommy says:

scored 2017 last week, ranked top 7%

• Josh says:

Good stuff Tommy. If you going for rank then could trade O'Meara and SPP or Hampton and get Williamson on D or Fisher mid then grab Sloane or Merritt or another premium. Sloane only in 5% of teams and Merrit only in 4 can help you increase rank.

• Tommy says:

Thanks mate, appreciate it! What would you do with JOM this week? I'm completely stuck atm

43. Dryyak says:

Gone Stewart to Balic via Hibberd and had the cash so went Taranto to Nick Riewoldt, thoughts?

44. killer says:

Anyone else play both SC NRL /AFL,
    I WAS WONDERING HOW I WOULD FIND OUT IF ANYONE ELSE IS TOP 1% IN BOTH COMPS,,
    NOT GOOD SORTIN MYSELF PEOPLE IM VERY CURIOUS HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING AT 1% IN BOTH COMPS ,ANYWAY OF FINDING OUT THAT INFO GUYS ..

• hedski says:

IMO the only good NRL games are the state of origin and the granny.
      (That's all I watch, Sry to the fans out there)

45. Joe T says:

Hey community! Tossing between using either 1 or 2 trades this week.

Option 1 (cash generation)
    Roughy > Balic

Option 2
    Roughy > Balic
    Taranto > Macrae

2nd option uses an extra trade early in the season but adds a premo replacement for roughy, whereas the first option gives me solid cash generation to upgrade any other areas in the following week. Thoughts?

• Joe T says:

never mind, absolute carnage this week with team selection. Looks like a week to hold trades!

46. Rick Grimes says:

Balic probably the only trade I'll look at. Not sure if he's essential tho. I see a lot of people on here taking about trading rookies with negative be. That's crazy talk.

47. Lenny says:

Is Tom Rockliff really worth it?

• RobDog says:

Yes! Is fit and firing, and with Beams back he is in a much better midfield this year.

• Pman says:

Rocky is gun but get's too injutred for my liking and have been burnt before (including twice in a one season a few years back!) so he is a No Go Zone for me.

48. ben andrews says:

does anyone know if harrison wigg is due for a game anytime soon, he is stuck on my bench

49. WinnerzRGrinnerz says:

Def: Adams, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Hampton, Stewart)
    Mid: Danger, Bont, Fyfe, Treloar, T Mitch, Beams, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Miles, Hibberd)
    Ruck: Ryder, Sandi
    Fwd: Dahl, Buddy, Nank, Roughy, WHE, Butler (Pickett, Eddy)

175k in bank

Thinking of going Marchbank to Balic via DPP with Hibberd. Would give me about $350k in the bank ready to go bang bang over the next couple of weeks in the back and forward lines. Thoughts?

50. Liam says:

JOM or SPP for balic or for someone else or hold?

51. Jager Bombs says:

Everyone is bringing in balic but i just think zac fisher next wk could be a much better downgrade option.

52. He man says:

lol no balic. I love it. That's so funny

53. TigerMAN says:

News ALERT. NIC NEWMAN DROPPED THIS WEEK

• TigerMAN says:

Rookie midfielder Robbie Fox will miss with a knee injury, with defender Nic Newman and prized draftee Oliver Florent omitted from the team that lost to West Coast in round four.

54. marcusproudson says:

Balic not selected. Glad I waited hahaha

55. Juzzy says:

Barrett and Eddy both named as emergencies.

Bummer …

56. Stewy_the_Swan says:

Roughy to Balic
    D Swallow to Sloane
    Leaves me with 25 trades and $46k in bank

Team after trades

Def: Laird, Howe, Simpson, Otten, Hampton, Newman (Stewart, Z Guthrie)
    Mid: Danger, Sloane, JPK, Fyfe, Treloar, Titch, Beams, SPP (Parfitt, Barrett, Pickett)
    Ruc: Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
    Fwd: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Buddy, WHE, Butler, Balic (Houston, Eddy)
    Thoughts community?

57. Rick Grimes says:

Rookie carnage.

58. Liam says:

Preuss is rested. Is this true or is he just dropped.

59. Declan says:

Absolute carnage with team announcements don't know what to do!!

60. Northernsoul74 says:

Ha ha Ross Lyon hates supercoach.

61. Joshua says:

Some spanners in the mix with team announcements, no Balic, Newman, preuss, o'mera.. some people hitting the reverse button i recon.

62. TigerMAN says:

OUT THIS WEEK: N.Newman, Fox, Florent, Preuss, Balic, Taranto, Parsons (suspended), Barrett, Hibberd…..just about any decent rookie

• DavidSA says:

Many in same boat though only exceptions are Otten and WHE now being the most important rookies to hold till the byes. No other rookies is a safe in this season

63. INPieman says:

It's a bloodbath! Balic Preuss Newman Taranto Fox Florent GONE! SSSHHHHHIIIIITTTT

64. Declan says:

Is eddy or barrett going to come back to afl?

• Bells E Bubb says:

Barrett was bog in the ressies this week and laid ten tackles in the ones before being dropped. Mistified as to why he isn't playing. MUST be back soon.
      Besides not like anyone else coming through to swap.
      Confused also on Newman. He's the only Swan other than Buddy who can actually hit a target.

• Danners says:

Barrett is more likely to play than Eddy. If Barrett has another good week in the NEAFL, he should come back in

65. INPieman says:

Come this way Jaeger & pop this Blindfold on please. There is business to be done

66. Dusty Spurs says:

None of Taranto, Fox or Newman named. All of whom I have.

I was considering trading Taranto earlier as I have some cash in the bank, now I'm strongly considering the trade. I think the other two can still make a considerable amount of cash when they come back in.

I am tossing up between the following: Macrae/T.Adams/Hanneberry/Dusty/Merrett/Neale/Perkins – too many options!!

• Swans2012 says:

I'm pulling the trigger on jaeger to hanneberry, jaeger to macrae my only other consideration.

T Adams would be my choice though if I didn't have him, looks a lock for top 2 defenders.

• Cogla13 says:

Fox has been put back on the rookie list. He ain't going to make didley squat.

67. Captain Risky says:

Hell.. …..REVERSE Trades !!

a few rookies Ins- Vickers Willis, Melican, Poulson, Black .

68. RobDog says:

The best laid plans of mice and men…..

SC Gods laughed and laughed.

And all on a week that has games stretched out until Tuesday.

Love this glorious, frustrating game.

69. Top Gun says:

Bloody hell. The Supercoach Gods are crucifying us for having so many discounted players at the start of the season. How the fork do you make money when your rookies all keep getting the chop -Newman, Balic and Pruess- didn't see that coming. Can't keep trading to guess who will play.

70. Westy says:

The new phone number for Supercoach – 1800 REVERSE.

Only 3 out of my 8 on the bench are playing.

As much as the trade flies in the face of normal processes, I've brought in a second gamer for JOM via DPP.

No Christmas card for Ross Lyon.

71. DefyingMadness says:

I think the correct move this week will be to hold trades.

72. tophawk says:

What is going on with these insane team announcements. No Taranto, No Newman, No Balic, No Robbie Fox, No Jake Barrett, No Mitch Hibberd, No Brett Eddy. ITS A CASE OF LOOPHOLE OVERDOSE this week. (I own 5 of these rookies) Surely Newman and Taranto are just rested. Balic will obviously not come into my team now. At least that happened this week and not next week. My strategy going into next round is in dissaray. Back to the drawing board.

• harryO says:

taranto wont get back in now steve J is back and coniglio and deledio is still to squueze in

73. Top Gun says:

Those people that started with a huge warchest will be smiling more than a cheshire cat atm.

• tophawk says:

I have 180K sitting in my kitty. Taranto for another new rookie, and 310K and bang nice upgrade this week? ;-) Time to go and have some fun with my side. I should avoid globes this round. Bloody relieved I have some coin to play with after this rookie anihilation. cheers

• tophawk says:

Crouching 1 will be spanking himself stupid now. hahahaha

• INPieman says:

Built a 483k chest last week restructuring. But won't deliver exactly what I want. You'd need a Crouching 600K chest to be tickled pick. And he also has Danger on the slide

74. SF4 says:

Best FWD under 500k?, already have Buddy. TT has got to go.

• SF4 says:

Heeney, or give him a week.

If I swap TT to mid I can bring in Lloyd and then wait for a DEF/MID rookie, this means that I will have to field Pickett on the field though…

Thanks everyone.

75. Steve1 says:

Oh hey there Powell-Pepper, no no no your not useless, they were just jokes of course your welcome in my team.

76. Brett says:

This would have to be the must f*cked up collection of rookies we've ever had. Going to be damn hard to get to full premo if this sh1t keeps happening. Armageddon has come peeps!

• DavidSA says:

Picking up fallen premiums is now the only option to get full "premo" and everyone is dreaming if they think they can achieve this after the byes like last 3-4 years

77. Lucas says:

Hoskin elliot out for tom lynch?

• DavidSA says:

he is one of the rookies you must hold till bye rounds same as the other rookies like SSP, Marchbank, McGrath and Otten.
      Rookies are not safe this year!

• SF4 says:

hold WHE, will still rise in price.

• Dean says:

To even consider trading out WHE is absurd especially to Lynch and I started with Lynch so I hope I am wrong.
      WHE will still make you a decent amount of cash, not to mention WHE scores have been as expected for mine with 88,120,71 & 70 and a breakeven of 87

Lynch has a average of 99 and that is because of his 161 last week and I am certain that he won't be the type to consistently score you 100 each week, you'll get a few 50's and 60's with Lynch, I will be surprised if he will average above 100 come season end because like most KPP they struggle, however I hope I am wrong.

• MD's says:

Do it… WHE is cooked, doubt he will average more than 65 and a BE of 49 means you could quite easily stick a fork in him to whoever you choose… I'm gonna shift him on for Goldy via Mankrevis… gotta do something to separate yourself from the pack;)

78. SF4 says:

Both of those trades sound like good ones.
    Lloyd should be a top defender & Martin looking like a top 2 ruck.

79. Touk tuk says:

Errrrrr

80. Tony says:

Ross Lyon strikes again!!!!!

81. trader says:

Little confused why newman was omitted?

82. DavidSA says:

Balic is out because of a hip complaint. Must not have don a good job on Ross Lyons balls

83. hedski says:

Hickey out.

84. James says:

27 Trades, 212k
    Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
    Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, P-Pepper, Parfitt (Barrett, Pickett, O'Meara)
    Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
    Dahl, Macrae, Nank, Rough, WHE, Hannan (Eddy, Taranto)
    Trade advice i need help please.

• Lazza says:

You have team to field. Hold your trades. Barrett, Eddy and O'Meara will reappear .

• Cpt Pugwash says:

Taranto (out) or Roughy.

Taranto may not make it back in. Pull the trigger just in case you get an injury and have to carry a donut or compromised structures.

• Cogla13 says:

Shaw could be a late out. I'd get some cover onto your defence bench.

85. hedski says:

Well at least I can loop Hampton and Stewart using Newman now.
    TT still going and bugger Roughy, Stefs in.
    Now do I sign my season away on Fisher????

86. Mitch says:

Marchbank to Williamson worth it??

87. TigerMAN says:

looks like Horse is Fuming…. Swinging the axe.

88. Mark says:

Thoughts on trading roughy to fisher and Hampton to Adams or docherty. I know hamptons be is 6 but it's the only way I can afford a premo and not have tom Stewart on field. Or should I just cop Stewart's score??

89. hedski says:

Preuss will hurt a LOT of coaches this week, ouch.

90. SCathiest says:

Following the release of those teams, there is even less evidence of a Supercoach god.
    1 player out of 8 emergencies getting a game, hopefully Butler isn't dropped too!

91. Mike says:

AARON BLACK FOR TARENTO

PLEASE [email protected]

92. Den says:

$495,500 for a new Forward (trading out Isaac Smith), already have Nank, Macrae and Dahlhaus.
    Who do you reckon?

93. TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Bugger me.
    It's a white wash.
    Well that just screwed the pooch.
    And we don't even know about teams for next Monday/Tuesday.!
    Good luck trying to get some cash gen going.
    I say if they r playing just gotta roll with it!
    22 players? Only time will tell.

94. Jase says:

All Outs: J. O'Meara, H. Balic, B.Preuss, J. Barrett EMG, B. Eddy EMG, N. Newman EMG, O. Florent, T. Taranto, Fox SUPERCOACH CARNAGE CASH GENERATION BLOODY HELL.. and still RICH, MELB, COLL, ESS still to real ease teams wow!

95. Tyruddanaut says:

Mate I have
    Newman
    Hibberd
    Barrett
    Preuss
    Eddy
    Deluca-Cardillo
    Not playing this week

96. Tyruddanaut says:

Can I propose that we use mid-pricers for cash gen like Matera maybe. Downgrade someone like Treloar, Shaw who's under performing and upgrade a non-playing rookie

• Top Gun says:

Tactics, strategy and luck will play a huge part in winning Supercoach this year. The winner will need to be Einstein-like.

97. Tommo09 says:

So none of O'Meara, Newman, Hibberd, Barrett, Eddy, Strnadica are playing on my bench this week

Going to HOLD

98. ChasingFinals17 says:

farq sake was going to trade out barlow and Jobe for Rockliff and bBalic but now I dont know what to do. Anyone have any ideas now that Balic has been omitted.

• harryO says:

if balic is gonna sit on ya pine i'd still do it if that allows u to afford rocky. he has a some hip soreness. he will be back next week.

99. KSinny says:

Thinking of going Watson to either Wines, hanners, zerret or Saving a bit of cash for either macrae or Ebert. Who do u guys think and feel free to give me any other suggestions

100. Top Gun says:

A big score this week will see a huge leap in the overall rankings

101. Blaknight says:

LOL

Harley Balic – Traded in 11286 (11.61%)

102. Danners says:

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Ross Lyon will drop a good player for you

• Tibor says:

Roses are red
      Violets are blue

You know Rossy Lyon before we started

So it's all down to you

103. IntheNickofTime says:

Alright Carlton rookies – who has better JS, Williamson or Fisher?

• JuddWarneLoveChild says:

Tough one, Williamson looked really good in his first game. He's a good size as well but was quite last week. Fisher looked great last week but husband light frame so think it's the toss of a coin here.

• JuddWarneLoveChild says:

lol "husband light frame" like wtf… stupid mobile phone spell check… "has a light frame."

104. Campbell says:

have 55,200k in the bank and 28 trades
    was going to trade roughead and taranto but now omeara is not named im not sure and i also have powell-pepper
    i need some suggestions on who to get rid of and who to get for them, thanks

105. Joshua says:

Taranto my only player affected by the outs. Considering trading him out to fisher early, otherwise i will hold

106. Thomas says:

Hold JOM one more week? No obvious downgrade options.

• NutSack says:

No. The guy would get KO'd in a street fight with a lightbulb.

• redherringfc says:

i'm holding. He should be my M8, this week covered by SPP. hopefully he can get a few good games into him and make a few $$. Looking at his past stats he has potential to average 100 and top $500k. It might not happen or it might take time, but it's a long season with not many trades.

• Daniel Z says:

None of those things will happen.

To get to 500k, he would have to average just over 100 for the rest of the year (it would happen in round 23). He might have the potential but he has never averaged 100 before for a season. Also keep in mind that he has not tonned up this year.

107. Cpt Pugwash says:

Trade for points or Hold for cash!

MyTeam: https://imgur.com/gallery/LttpF

29 Trades Left
    Rank 281
    251 pts behind leader

• Danners says:

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Hold if possible

• Lachlan says:

I disagree with Danners completely, if you want to win, you need to get some more cash generation happening. I'd look to trade out two of tarranto, eddy and hibberd for some players on the bubble

• SF4 says:

I'm with Danners. You have shaw and Dusty to come in for Newman and Taranto. There are no real decent rookies to bring in this week so holding would be a great idea.

108. SF4 says:

Trade in Heeney for TT
    or
    Trade in Lloyd for TT. (Lloyd will be in my midfield)

109. SuperJake says:

Taylor Walker worth going to from Higgins?

• Dutch says:

Historically inconsistent like a true key position forward – don't see him as a top 10 fwd by ye so a no from me

• Moustachio says:

It will maintain your structure, swapping one bad pick for another =p

110. Pete says:

Ok so I've reversed my Eddy to Balic trade. Thinking the best option is to just hold this week and maybe double trade next week.

111. Blaknight says:

Hey Community, I wasgoing with the following idea.

Out – Roughead + O'Meara
    In – Rockliff + Balic

But now with Balic being dropped its thrown in a ball ache. I think Rockliff wont get any cheaper and if i dont move now i dont think i'll ever get him with the way rookies are going this year being dropped all the time, so I think he is must addition this week. I was going to hold O'Meara for one more week but seeing though he's not named again thats it for me on the JOM. That leaves me with Roughy, I sim,ply dont like the way he's playing. I think he's lost his way with the year out (Now that the club has put the captaincy on him I personally think that was a bad move by Hawthorn and this will affect his playing this season) so thats a chop for Roughy.

So with my lack of MID/DEF DPP (Traded Hibberd for Newman) I have to downgrade JOM to a rookie as I dont have the cash. Should I jump on Fisher a week early or take Berry, or is there any FWD rookies I should consider.

Leaves me with 25 trades after the 2 this week.

Thoughts/Opinions?

• Hubba says:

Rocky will pull a string. He always does. As a result he will be cheaper later in the season. Just need patience….. patience….THEN POUNCE!!!

• Itchynuts says:

Agree hubba! He is only tipped to go up and $11/$12k anyway, so going Rocky this week seems too risky. He does put in a quiet one occasionally… big one to wait and see around bye rounds.

• Campbell says:

balic isnt playing

112. Lazza says:

I was looking to trade SPP and Pickett (both on my mid bench) … but with Dusty under some doubt the risk of having Pickett's score is high… if you have both in the middle, and with both playing first up, i.e they will be locked in, make sure you have a decent emergency cover for Dusty..

113. Mark says:

Any news on swallow? Is he playing injured?

114. Captain Risky says:

Hannan must be a chance to get dropped as well I think. When do we know the squads for Mon/Tues?

115. Andy says:

Zerrett or Rocky? Zerrett will free up cash for Stef Martin but really want Rocky.
    Please help!

116. iLoveNMFC says:

Hey community, thoughts?

Pickett to Zac Fisher
    O'Meara to Marc Murphy

Cheers.

117. SF4 says:

Have a few options for this week.

1: Hold TT and play Pickett.
    2: Trade TT to Heeney.
    3:Swing TT into MID via Pickett and bring in Lloyd. (Doing this means I have to field Pickett & play Lloyd in the midfield and then wait for a MID/DEF rookie to come and then swing Lloyd into the backline)

Thanks everyone.

118. Weasel says:

Never thought I'd say this but is Troy Menzel a consideration? Taranto to him nets me 67K and prevents a donut. JS doesn't look great.

119. Matze says:

Thoughts on roughy and Taranto out and bring in Wines and martin? Makes mids danger, Fyfe, pendles, JPK, wines, titch and beams… swing nank to fwd and have Martin and grundy as rucks with the strnadica swing too.

• DavidSA says:

Huge!

• Dutch says:

Not convinced Wines will be top 10 mid (or even top 15).
      Martin yes, but watch for a potential late out this week so leave that trade until the last minute

• Dutch says:

Sorry, misread your Stef Martin for Dusty, ignore late out comment ……Stef Martin good option based on current evidence ….

• Matze says:

So maybe Taranto to Sloane and leave Roughead for another week and just roll with nank and grundy as rucks then.

120. Jase says:

Any updates on Myers

121. Jimmy says:

my first trade is sorted which is Roughead to Balic and with that cash i am going to use the rest of the cash to upgrade JOM to a premium i just need peoples help with who to go with preferable to go with a POD only got 620k so just short of the Bont

1. Selwood = 608k, avg 116 and in 7% teams
    2. Shuey = 594k, avg 116 and in 1% teams
    3. Merret = 589k, avg 114 and in 4% teams
    4. Zorko = 585k, avg 113 and in 3% teams

or is there a better option for me current Mids are Rockliff, Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Ablett, Priddis, SPP (Partiff, Fox, Barret)

122. Hubba says:

I think im holding tight this week. Going the early crow on rookies this year appears to be more dangerous than ever.

123. Borko says:

Considering TT to George H-S … hoping GHS can do what WHE has done and I hoped Tarranto would do, ie. go up $150k and provide reasonable on field scores.

Have 28 trades so feel I can afford one more corrective, esp if SPP, Pickett and Fisher go OK tomorrow night.

Any thoughts on GHS? I see his TOG is around 65-70%, which is a slight concern but has scored ok and had a good JLT. JS should be ok

124. Youngy says:

When you traded in Preuss for Gawn last week and he is your R2.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

Why didn't I just trade in Stef.

O and for everyone who traded in Balic early, I have no sympathy, u deserve it.

• INPieman says:

That's painful Youngy. Going early on anyone this season is not advisable at all. So I think you should trade Preuss for Spencer! Why the F not. Or just take the donut. It says Preuss is rested, & he by his own admission is not fit. Will be a hell of a footballer when he is

• Youngy says:

Option 1: Trade Preuss to Stef

Option 2: Swing Nank and take Picketts shit that he will produce

Option 3: Swing Nank trade Preuss or Stnrdica to Premo fwd

Thinking Opt 2 would like to hold onto Preuss until Byes.

Thoughts Pieman? I have 400k in bank

• Dutch says:

Agree option 2 is the best – fingers crossed Pickett continues his trend so far of increasing his score each week ….

• Northerner says:

Option 2. Pruess is still one of best cash cows with more value. Hold him.

• INPieman says:

I'd wait to see if Preuss is back next week. I'd just suck up what Pickett delivers. It's going to be a tough week for most. I have 6 out so far & must trade JOM to avoid a donut

• JDP says:

Get Martin in- Goldy still top dog at Kanga's

• Kev says:

Jeez that's a terrible trade in hindsight. Premo ruck for a rookie. Least your bank balance will look nice and shiny!

• Youngy says:

I noticed that cash generation was going to be hard to find this year, was hoping he would pump out an 80 average up until the byes. There was definitely merit to the trade. It just didn't pan out.

125. CJay says:

Hardest job for tomorrow….. Patch with the Panic Room.
    Good luck mate.

126. Rivo says:

Carnage. Could manage to field a team but that means Hampton at D6 & Stewart D7. $86k and 27 trades…

Option 1 – Hold
    Option 2 – Roughy & JOM to Rocky & Fisher. Leaves $58k;
    Option 3 – JOM & Taranto to Hanners & Fisher. Leaves $8k.

• Darren says:

Looking at exact same trades, if rocky gets through a season unscathed 120+ avg, but with cash gen so tough hanners at a discount might be the way to go. Think I would be real dirty if hanners out scored rocky n traded in rocky.

• Rivo says:

Very hard call. Hanners could come good and is cheap for a premo. Need to wait for final teams before decision.

• RobDog says:

Option 1. Hampton has been good in his 'role for the team' and am backing him to translate this to points against a lower opposition. Save your trades and back him in at D6. He'll go 80SC this week. Especially if you use your trades. Murphy's Law is REAL!

127. Pman says:

Mayhem at the selection table as far as rookies are concerned which has really thrown my plans out of wack as far as cash generation is concerned. Had planned to go one up and one down with Taranto/SPP to Balic and then was going to trade either C Ward for Bont/Martin/Sloan or Shaw to Docherty with about $100K in the bank. Now will be holding all my rookies for another week but are seriously considering swapping Ward for Murphy and Ward for Laird but will be left with only $4K and cant afford any better options. Is this too much of a corrective sideways trade as both Shaw and Ward are really struggling and bleeding cash? I currently have 27 trades. Is this is a good move or should I sit tight and hope Ward and Shaw come good?

128. Macca says:

What to do with bloody O'Meara?? Want to ditch him but there are no good downgrades for the weak-kneed bastard!

• Macca says:

Maybe O'Meara to Horlin-Smith?? Bank the 100k?

• Pman says:

If you've got bench coverage then hold off until next week if Balic is back in Freo. I dumped JOM last week for Swallow which may or may not be a good trade?!

129. Dutch says:

All my bench players in Mid are out, leaving Pickett on the field – not willing to cop that, so looking to trade TT to one of the following (with $300k in the bank at present):

1) Macrae (WB) $517k- most consistent, 20% ownership, can probably pick him up for similar price later – also dpp
    2) Lynch (GC) $488k – least consistent, 8% ownership, low be but $18k drop from starting price so fits the mantra of buying at reduced price – no dpp
    3) Lloyd (Syd) $489k – good consistency so far but can he maintain it?, 10% ownership, will likely rise and stay above $500k going forward – dpp (would be in midfield for a few weeks)

I know Macrae is the sensible option, but I'm tempted by the other two options, especially Lynch. What do the community think?

• Hubba says:

Risk it for the biscuit. Go whichever of 2 or 3 fits your bye rounds better

• BigBoyBananana says:

If you choose Lynch be prepared to take a 50 just about every 3rd week at best, enjoy the rollercoaster but I would much rather go with a forward who is guarenteed midfield time

130. Dutch says:

Safe yes in terms of getting games, but you'd need him to perform as a cashcow and I don't see him making you $150 profit ….. plus you're investing enough $s to buy nearly two "normal" rookies – not for me unless new rookies totally dry out

131. min0008 says:

Here is my team:
    DEF: Shaw, Laird, Adams, Hampton, Otten, Newman (M Hibberd, Stewart)
    MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, JPK, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Dahlhaus, Parfitt (Powell Pepper, Barrett, Pickett)
    RUC: Gawn, Sandilands (Cameron)
    FWD: Macrae, Lynch, Nankervis, WHE, Butler, Houston (Eddy, Allison)

Still got $80k in the bank and looking to do 0 or 1 trades this week.
    Either no Williamson or one of Eddy/Barrett to Williamson via Hibberd

132. Lethal92 says:

Taranto for matera thoughts

133. The BONT says:

ALL MY TRADES
    I AM SO LUCKY

Roughead to Nankervis (when they were the same price)
    Shaw to R. Burton ( Before Shaw lost $50K and went Burton over Newman before he got Ommited)
    Taranto to M.Murph ( Taranto only make $20K while Murphy got me $50K )

134. Oliver says:

Anyone know what Roughy's breakeven is this week?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on him.

Cheers community!

135. BigBoyBananana says:

I have Taranto, I have O'Meara, I have Newman, I have Barrett, I have Eddy and I also have Mitch Hannan with Pickett and SPP on field

I also went into this round with 28 trades, and it's staying this way #holdholdhold

Some say I have massive balls, i say I have a massive bananananana

• tophawk says:

You dont have Balic. Aka Ball lick. Ross does not Swallow…..Damn. He has been (balls) dropped.

Welcome!

136. Jonathan says:

Rocky or Zerrett!?!? It's killing me

137. TheScacman says:

Big one community, dropping roughead down to fisher (carlton) one week early via dpp – houston on field, meaning that Stewart down back gets upgraded to Lloyd to cover for the loss of newman this week. Bang.

138. jacob says:

i dont quite have enough cash in the bank for 2 upgrades
    however have gone mills to JPK via DPP, had enough of mills..

looking at shaw, simpson, dusty, ablett to come! thoughts?

139. Banga says:

Option 1: Hold JOM and use to loophole Danger into Pendles

Option 2: Trade JOM down to fisher and loophole Fyfe into Danger/Pendles

Leaning towards option 1 as not sold on putting C on Danger this week due to his history against the Saints and the rib injury he suffered.

140. Andy says:

Glad Balic OUT, will make us more inventive and thoughtful in our Trades.

141. Yohann says:

With all these shocking outs, is there anyone logical to downgrade Roughead to? Don't have the cash to upgrade either. Or any other good downgrade options around the ground?

• BigBoyBananana says:

may as well hold onto him for now mate until either a premo starts going terribly or a rookie puts their hand up. Trades are valuable never ever trade for the sake of trading, best of luck

142. Swans2012 says:

With the rookie carnage I can no longer resist hanneberry
    Jom to hanneberry
    Now Dan for all of our sakes get your hands off your berrys and find the god damned pill…. please

143. Borko says:

Does anyone still have Kayne Turner? Giving some thought to trading him out this week instead of TT, especially if Powell-Pepper does ok? Just think that Tarranto has a bit more upside if he can get back in the team.

• JDP says:

Turner is in the Kangas best 22. Probably not S:C gun but he is going to be a ripper player

• 4rm says:

Turner will play each week, has great job security, and has been playing well without scoring a lot. I have him and are holding. He's a slow burner that offers security and I reckon will have the occasional game scoring well, which will keep his price ticking along nicely.

144. Don't Blush Baby says:

Has anyone heard from Derek ? His silence is deafening , maybe still in shock with all the carnage from teams named tonight !

• Derek says:

Have been down the (NSW) south coast swimming with the seals off Montague Is.

Just got home and had a look at the teams……… WOW……. feels like we will be swimming with the Sharks this week.

• 4rm says:

Great place, spend my summer holidays at Narooma, Lots of seals can lead to sharks. Did you find a shark move whilst swimming with the seals mate?

145. Spakka says:

Lol. It's almost like there is a sc God who architected the perfect set of ins and outs to stuff most peoples trade plans this week.Gots to love sc.

146. Crow says:

Hey community needing some advice
    Team is
    DEF : Laird, Shaw, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton, Stewart ( Newman, Smith)
    MID : Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Fyfe, Ablett, Cripps, Beams, Powell Pepper, ( Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt)
    RK : Martin, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    FWD : Dahlhaus, Greene, Nankervis, Steele, Butler, Houston (Taranto, Eddy)
    81.6k in the bank.
    The only trades i can think of is Taranto to Fisher but Fishers only played a game or trade Hampton for Williamson but Curtly i think will make some money still.
    So hold or trade!

• Joshua says:

hold

• Keenbutclueless says:

Consider Smith for Williamson. You will need to get rid of him at some point. If not Williamson wait and see HOE EVW goes for a couple of weeks. On balance I think EVW might be a better option long term. But we all have the short term need for cash generation and Williamson might be the bird in the hand.

• Notorious mac says:

If it's worth anything im going early on fisher. Trading out turner. Then hopefully next be able to trade to another rookie to strengthen my backline as my only premos are Laird and Simpson

147. Jonathan says:

Yeo or heeney

• harryO says:

watch heeneys first 2 games.. if his match fit and continues his finals form and preseason jump on. yo's consistency worries me

• JDP says:

Iif you need to trade this week I would go Heeney – he is the one everyone was looking at pre season

148. harryO says:

anyone else buying into this matera hype? thinking of pulling the treigger on roughy too matera…

149. J Bonce says:

G'day Community

Jaeger: surely he's gotta go…

Thinking of uograding to a fallen premo mid? Ward? Shiel? Any others?? (Sadly) I already have hanners

150. Don't Blush Baby says:

VC Bont or might even go S.Martin ? – the VC is crucial this week as we don't how fit Danger is. Its always nice to have those double points locked away in the early games.

151. Top Gun says:

So many rookies not playing…may as well go the full dummy spit and bring in Lyons lovechild Zac Dorkson, even if he's not playing

152. Jordan says:

will barret play again?

153. Big M says:

Crikey, not sure how to get Rockliff in the team now – no downgrade options for rookies
    got 80k in bank, not sure whether to trade out A Treloar for Rockie

• SF4 says:

Don't trade Treloar, just wait for another rookie to pop up.

• Pman says:

Treloar will come good and as great as Rocky is he is far too injury prone and hasn't played anything that resembles a full season in years. He is a high scoring Burn Man due to the games he misses and for that reason I have stamped his papers "Never Again" .

154. relton says:

JOM's knee isues are worse than first thought apparently… whose a good trade option?? or hold and get balic or fisher next week…

155. b<>i says:

Who is the best option for Taranto, can only choose from players under 501k. MID and FWD only.

156. TBone says:

VC this weekend on Wines, Dahl or Laird? Thanks lads

157. NutSack says:

Time to put the ol' nutsack on the line and hopefully walk away with 2 aggits. Matera is coming into my team.

• Northerner says:

For your sake, I hope they're not blue from unmet expectation in a few week's time! Bold. Your call has to be you are picking up an emerging premium keeper on the cheap. Given that, if he is that, paying an extra $50k to see at least one more data point is worth considering. He'd stil be cheap then.

Also he's only had one good reliable scoring game. His first was a 98 from 6 goals. They were nearly all cheap and easy goals. I was there. In the best players, he was last named of a long list. I'd want a bigger score from a six goal bag as a reliable datapoint.

Good luck with your call

158. Antonio says:

Ok people – help me out here

Lost my patience with Jager, ready to trade – but 2 options

Trade out O'meara and Hampton for Williamson and either Hanners, Murphy or Heppel (pod) in Mids,
    or for Balic (mid) and T Adams in Def

Balic not playing says Hampton to Williamson and upgrade the mid premo is the wise move. but which opton??

159. Shane says:

Doch, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Stewart, Newmann)

WHO SHOULD TRADE FOR WILLAMSON OR DO I MISS HIM AND HOLD

160. Ado is annoying says:

Thoughts on this communtiy keep in mind I have a 4 premos defence

Alex rance down to march bank

Jaegar up to hanners

161. KSinny says:

Who should I get for Watson anyone $600k or less

162. Jennifer says:

I was going to be patient with Taranto but now that gws have axed him I need to do the same cash on hand gives me 453k to spend on either a fwd or a mid. I won't take Higgins and already have Jobe, roughy beams spp. Early thoughts are jack Martin, petracca or Hogan. I could take a rookie for cash generator but would prefer to win league match, the win is priority over my ranking. My early options aren't ideal due to consistency issues but I am leaning towards guffers Hogan. He owes his team big time and has always looked like at some point he will explode. Any thoughts on my thoughts or other suggestions greatly appreciated

• Kev says:

I agree that they are not the best options. Setting your team up for the long run is just as important as getting a league win for just the week.

If you want to move on Taranto then do so, but don't spend that coin on an average player that will make problems for you

163. Stav says:

Brought in Higgins when Roo was injured. Don't want to redo that swap. Is Tex valid option? Or do I hold Higgins from here till the byes?

• Itchyballs says:

HOLD!

• Tibor says:

You were wrong to get Higgins in and you know that. It's ok you are hardly on your own and plenty of us have been conned into Higgins more than once. You mention Roo like you know he is the best choice and he is. So why take tex?

You can't erase the previous error by avoiding Roo. Just get the bloke you can afford who you think is best.

164. red5 says:

Best Value for money premo?
    Whats the best way to work it out, AVG divided by Price?

• Itchyballs says:

Plenty of sites do the heavy lifting for you. Tooserious, footywire etc. but best value does not always equal Best Buy! Look at the results but go with ur gut

• TheScacman says:

Go for players with historically low floors i.e Sloane, Pendles rather than the boom/bust scores of a Rockliff

165. R. Lyon says:

I hate supercoach….mwahahahaha!

166. musicissport says:

Just to add to the carnage for Dusty owners, he's in some doubt for Monday game with a dicky groin.

• Tibor says:

He'll be fine, he has got till Monday night and word is he will have acupuncture over the weekend. Some new method with chopsticks apparently

167. Sam says:

Stewart and EVW on the bench….who to bring for Newman?

168. Moosehead says:

One must study form and not always adhere to the 'expert' advice of Jock, his crew and the forum and of course, luck plays a big part of SC success.
    Wouldn't one think that Barrett and Newman after their most recent games be safe for a while?
    My team is settled and I don't need them so they will stay on my bench for the moment. I do have some hope for Barrett but Newman?
    Did they not follow team rules? Attitude problem? Poor training? Selfish play?
    Thoughts anyone?

• TheScacman says:

Newman likely to be a victim of the big "ins" for Sydney this week, particularly Gary Rohan in the back half

• Swans2012 says:

Mcveigh to come back in still as well, only hope is if they decide to chop one of the other rookies at some point, or if a late out occurs. If he hadn't looked so promising you'd chop him but he seems like given a decent crack he'd lock himself into the ones….. frustrating…

• Dildor says:

I imagine he will come back in at some stage. It's unfortunate that Sydney have decided veterans over the future, but vsing GWS in a must win game who could blaim them. Perhaps a loss for them could see the rookies come back in? GO GWS!

169. Tommo09 says:

Bont into Danger/Selwood/JJK for captain this week

Also, should I try to loop SPP and Parfitt using Barrett
    Am a bit worried that Barrett might be a late in

170. Steven Jurica says:

I can't go past Clayton Oliver at 482k this week as an upgrade for JOM. He is the real deal, averaging 115 he'll win you alot of games in your league. GET ON BOARD.

171. Banga says:

Option 1: Hold JOM and use to loophole Danger into Pendles

Option 2: Trade JOM down to fisher and loophole Fyfe into Danger/Pendles

Which option community?

172. Cozza says:

Can trade Taranto to NRiewoldt this week (leaving 24 trades) or sit on my hands and wait. Really concerned about cash generation this year, so thinking it may be better to sit on my hands and milk as much as I can from Taranto before trading. I'm assuming he will be back in he next week or two as he is only managed. The trade will drain the bank balance, so hoping to get a bit more from Taranto before burning the trade. Any thoughts community?

• Derek says:

NRoo is $20k more expensive than start, and most people agreed that was to expensive, then he stuffed his knee again.

Look to get him much cheaper

173. Paulio says:

Does no one realise that Balic is just injured, not omitted, or am i taking it out of context?

174. Also Carlos says:

How many trades does everyone have left? I've got 24 (having made 1 this week).

175. Kevdog says:

Thoughts on Matt Crouch sideways to Oliver ??

• Dildor says:

Id suggest going up to an ultra premo or holding. Sideways trades will burn you up. Don't see oliver in the top 10 mids this year.

176. THE NANK says:

What's everyone doing/done with Jaegar?

• Loop says:

Florent to Williamson moved Hibberd into mid – O'M to Lloyd who'll go to my backline later.
      I dont think we'll see Florent again for a while. I decided to take a gamble with Williamson.
      Not a big move but I wanted Lloyd so I did it.

• Swans2012 says:

I've gone to hanners, wanted to leave it a week but can't watch jaeger sit on the bench again

177. from outside 50 says:

Hold newman?

178. Derek says:

I see Cox is very likely to play this week. Grundy owners will be holding their breath.

179. iLoveNMFC says:

Williamson this week or wait another week for Fisher?

180. IMpatient says:

Trade J Watson to B Matera for quick cash? 25 trades left after that move.

181. Krazee-Eyez Killa says:

First post in a couple years

Thinking of maybe going Taranto to T Williamson by moving around a few DPP's. Didn't pay much attention early on and missed the boat on some cash cows, so needing to try generate cash. Only have around 12k in the bank, with 28 trades left. Somehow still ranked 857 overall, kinda by accident haha

Team if I go with that trade:

DEF: Docherty, Laird, Otten, Jones, Marchbank, Hampton (Newman, Williamson)
    MID: Rocky, Bont, Jelwood, Adams, Fyfe, JPK, T Mitchell, SPP (Pickett, Hibberd, Atley)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Buddy, Nank, Steele, Butler, Hayward (Eddy, Deluca)

Totally open to suggestions and ideas. Don't really want to slide after getting to a decent overall rank

• Derek says:

Keep TT and trade out Atley

• Krazee-Eyez Killa says:

my problem is I'm just not going to generate any money getting rid of Atley. I guess I can just hold off on the TT trade for now. knowing my luck he'll come back next week after a rest and tear it up

182. Dusty's Neck Tatt's says:

It’s a bit risky, but what about Tarantino to Horlin-Smith? Norlin-Smith is 16k less than Taranto, has a breakeven of -4 and has relatively decent scoring ability and job security. Also I would trust him on field a lot more than most other mid rooks

183. B_1 says:

Laird or Howe…

184. from outside 50 says:

Community I need some help what do I do, 28 trades left

DEF: Doc, Lair, Howe, Otten, Rance, Hampton (Newman, Stewart)

MID: Danger, Fyfe, JPK, Beams, Trealor, Swallow, Parfitt, SPP (JOM, Barrett, Pickett)

Ruck: NANKilands (Strndica)

FWD: Dal, JJK, Macrae, WHE, Rough, Butler (Eddy, Houston)

185. Joe says:

I'm new to the game and I'm finding it difficult to understand the trading strategy suggested by the writers/podcasters. Am I really supposed to trade out mid priced players that have done well like Steele, Yeo, Howe for 'Fallen Premiums' like Treloar, Ablett, Watson instead of early season bolters like Murphy, Adams etc?
    It doesn't make sense to me

• Luke says:

You want to eventually have a team full of premiums Joe. To do this you need to trade out rookie players once their breakeven is around their average for another rookie preferably after they are about to play their 3rd game before their price goes up. Mid pricers are hard some people will keep them for the year if they are performing well e.g. Yeo and Howe are in this category, but if they aren't going well and haven't lost money its a good chance to make some cash and trade them down to a rookie. Watson would probably be in the latter category if u have some money in the bank might be a good chance to trade him for a "premium" player. Your better off trading out rookies once they have peaked in price for underperforming premiums like Treloar, Hannebery etc so u get them at a discounted rate and hopefully a premium scoring average. Make sense?

• Moustachio says:

I think you're misunderstanding the strategy. The fundamental move of SC is to "paint the fence" (one up, one down) by turning one fattened rookie into a premo (up) and a second fattened rookie into a fresh cheap rookie (down).

Sometimes if there aren't enough rookies, you might have midpriced players to play the same role, ie generate cash and be upgraded later. Sometimes you will think the midpricer may be a keeper in their own right.

186. Choice says:

Taranto to Laird, McRae, Riewoldt, Hannebery, JPK pick one

187. Shane says:

Thoughts on Matera from the Suns? Breakout or just an awesome fortnight?

• Choice says:

His contract finishes this season so he may be after a big pay day. He played 2 easy games though so not sure how he'll do against the big boys

• Youngy says:

I think he is a terrible pick. He will burn off. Probably score 60-70 this week TOPS

188. Hawks says:

Looking to upgrade JOM, can spend upto $520,600.

Thinking of going Gaff, Heppell, Ebert or Yeo

Alternately I can trade SPP to Zac Fisher, and then go JOM to Hannebury.

Thoughts please.

189. jwill2bong says:

hey guys,

Is there anyway to check other coaches previous trading history?

Cheers

• Kim says:

Only last years winner in this website, its a good guide of what to do and what not to do. Read plenty of crazy trade posts that I certainly won't be doing! Mostly first or second year players, or just no clue whatsoever though.

190. BlueBoy says:

Over 600k in the bank so Cripps and Eddy to Rocky and Sloane? Sideways yes but Cripps doesn't look right to me.

191. AlexH says:

trade Taranto to Matera? thoughts? will Matera average over 100 until bye rounds?

192. andrew says:

Hi team, I've held jacky steven the last 2 weeks, now he is back but thinking a swap to zach merrett. 26 trades left. what do you think

193. Banga says:

O'meara to Williamson this week or O'meara to Fisher next week? (I also have SPP who is close to culling)

• Banga says:

Doing this brings Adams to the mids for the time being, meaning my def structure will be 2-0-6 for a couple of weeks

194. Cotchdaddy says:

What about Taranto to Horlin-Smith? He’s 20k cheaper, has decent JS and a breakeven of -4 and should average 70ish . I don’t think Taranto is going to get another game until much later this year now. If HS could make about 100k, then I would consider it a success.

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Only problem with horlin Smith is he and menegola fighting for one spot.

The Way Menegola Went Last Week Could Be Straight Back In next week
      HS out?

195. HBP says:

need your help community, thinking of the following trades:

Hampton – T Adams
    Roughie – Matera

OR
    Roughie to Macrae

Thoughts????

• Kim says:

Toughie to macrae, maters is a terrible pick will not average above 80-85 for he season if that. Don't think roughy will either mind you, macrae is a top 6-8 forward this year.

Wouldn't be trading Hampton yet, still money to be made from him and Adams is expensive atm, as soon as he has a crap game he will come back down to under $520k better getting him then

• SF4 says:

Roughy to Macrae.
      We can still hold Hampton for another week or two.

196. adam says:

OK guys choose one Yeo, Shuey, Jpk, goddard, Mundy

197. andy_89 says:

Lloyd or Howe this week? Both look like top 6 defenders this year. Lloyd BE of 90 but a little cheaper, Howe BE of 78

Lopping TT down to Fisher and upgrading JOM via Hibbo DPP. Taking a punt on Fish but falling behind and have 28 trades (before these) so leaning towards making an upgrade this week

198. Juzzy says:

After yesterdays initial shock wore off (and I had had a few stiff drinks) I got to thinking about …. Byes.

My strategy has always been to pick the (reasonably balanced) starting team I wanted and worry about trading around byes when the picture becomes clearer. It's becoming clearer and from a distance it looks pretty scary.

The days of bitching to a Mate that you didn't plan properly and had to play all 3 mid rooks during a bye and they only scored 50 each seem like a pleasant memory.

Round 11 in particular. Rocky, Beams, Zorko, JPK, Hanners, Parker, Buddy, Lloyd, Doc, Murphy,Simpson Oliver, N Roo, Montagna, Steele, Dahl, Bont, Macrae. Plus the Carlton and Sydney cash cows. If you have a selection of these guys it may be worth having a think before you jump on any more.

Good Luck to all.

199. KSinny says:

Do I take the punt and go roughy to matera? Will give me $248,900k in the bank and his break even is -63! which will make me quite a bit of cash. Thoughts?

• Kim says:

No waste of a trade matera had a great game last game as he kicked a lot of goals. Won't do that every week nor will lynch, wasted sideways trade and you will,have to trade him out sooner rather than later, not even guanteed in their best 22 mate. Might be out of that gc side in 2-3 weeks if a few quiet games , which will happen, has played 2 rubbish sides. They play Adelaide this week and will probably get smashed.

200. Daniel says:

Ok here it is. I believe Tex can be top 8 fwd this season, and if that's the case now is the time to get him due to low BE.
    T.Adams has to wait and with Heeney we will see. That being said I have decided to act be axing 2 doughnuts, and get some points and cash generation. My bank ends up at 1k though. Holding SPP for prob one more week, his BE is reachable.
    Taranto and Mitch Hibberd out for Tex Walker and T.Williamson.
    Thoughts please community

• Kim says:

Tex has bpnever averaged over 85 I think no way he is a top 8 forward this season mate, he does this every season has 2-3 massive games, sucks some in and burns the crap out of them soon enough. Wasted trade in, trade in a definite keeper like macrae, Dahl or Riewoldt. Adelaide will lose games as well and that's when he will score 50's and 60's.

• Daniel says:

Fair point, It is a gut feeling.
        Tex ave. 100 playing 16 games a few years ago. But thats not this year is it.

201. Tom says:

Thoughts on roughy to fisher via ddp and upgrade Stewart to Lloyd or Howe (which one would you choose if you agree)
    Any feedback would be appreciated

• Kim says:

I would wait a week on fisher and see how he goes, trade in when named for third game, Baltic owners are now regretting getting him after only 1 week for sure! Don't make the same mistake they did, could get injured or dropped also.

• josh says:

Lloyd or Howe good picks and if fisher can sit on your bench then pull the trigger

202. Lachie says:

Hey guys,
    Any idea who I should trade in for Callum Mills and Shannon Hurn? Haven't done too badly but can get the same points for 100k cheaper. Thinking Zak Jones, Jayden Hunt or Aaron Mullett?
    Cheers

203. Swannie says:

Don't be surprised if Newman is a late in for the Swans… Foote out!!!

204. Eskimo says:

Thinking of trading Heppell to jpk thinking Heppell prolly not going to be top 8 and jpk is cheap as he will be. I'm happy with rest of my mids. Just annoyed me watching Heppell running 20 meters behind the action the whole game last week and jpk gets in there.

205. josh says:

Changed my trades about 20 times this week. Mainly between which rookies to cull. Have gone with Florent to Tex and Barrett to Williamson by swinging Hibberd into the middle. 50k cash in the bank. Another option was Hoskin-Elliot to Tex and Hibberd to Williamson. I figure I can pick up Adams in a week or two for a similar price. Thoughts?

206. DeadBuried1 says:

Apart from being awkwardly priced does anyone have any thoughts about the merits of trading in Brayden Fiorini? JS?

• Russty_ says:

Yeah I have some thoughts, he's the kind of risk you take if you're a gambler at heart, the same kind of gamble as Brandan Matera, Tex Walker or Elliott Yeo Yeo…they also qualify as speculative picks aka, O'Meara and Roughy, and unfortunately, they haven't turned out very well so far, even Marc Murphy has shown some spudiness this week…and could turn out to be a burnman.

I guess what I'm saying is, reliable players are better than risky/speculative players.
      Reliable players, you can lock in, risky players, more often than not, need to be traded out again.

207. Holty says:

Great news, my wife and 2 day old boy are back from the hospital. Bad news is i only just got home and missed trading Williamson in for spp. I really need to get my priorities in order. Lol

208. Mitch says:

Which mid to trade in for JOM? Money not a issue
    Have pendles Fyfe Ablett Kennedy beams danger

209. Henry says:

Take the 55 from SPP or gamble on Parfitt?

210. Dickin cider says:

Sloane rocky bont Selwood zerrett for omeara this week? Leading rocky cause he looks fit and high ceiling if stays on park. Or swing McGrath to mids and get Adams
    400k in bank

211. Borko says:

Thoughts on GHS as trade in for TT … will he avg 70-75 and stay in the best 22? His R12 bye is handy … would move him then. i

212. Rick says:

Should I bring in matera for roughy, bank $50k plus whatever he makes by the byes or stick with roughy who won't rise much more and save a trade? I have a supercoach headache and an hour to make my mind up

213. Matthew says:

Trade options for O'meara?? Or should I hold him for the moment.

• Pman says:

Hold and trade to Balic if he's back in next week or another Bubble Boy unless you can afford to upgrade him to a Premo.

214. Haids says:

BEST TRADE ADVICE GETS MONEY $$&

DEF: Docherty, laird, Howe, otten, houli, Hampton, (Stewart and vickers willis)

MID: Dangerfield, Fyfe, Mitchell, treloar, crouch, Powell pepper, swallow, barett, (picket, miles and hibberd)

RUC: grundy, Sandilands and (Cameron)

FWD; Dahlhaus, nankervis, lynch, franklin, Houston, McCarthy, (parfitt and eddy b)

BEST TRADE GETS $5 PAYPAL transfer by Tuesday!!!

215. Haids says:

BEST TRADE ADVICE GETS MONEY $$&

93,000 k bank

DEF: Docherty, laird, Howe, otten, houli, Hampton, (Stewart and vickers willis)

RUC: grundy, Sandilands and (Cameron)

BEST TRADE GETS $5 PAYPAL transfer by Tuesday!!!

• Russty_ says:

Get some new rookies in for Miles, Hibberd, Barrett, Eddy, those non money making spuds on your bench ain't doing you any favours….or, Swallow out for Horlin Smith.

216. Adam says: