PODCAST: We reveal our teams

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2017, Weekly Podcast by on 21/03/2017 • views: 29209

Supercoach lockout week podcast

THIS. IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR COMMUNITY!

Firstly we would like to thank the entire community for their support in what has been our biggest preseason to date. The fellowship and camaraderie on display is something that we should all be extremely proud of.
How goods this? Lockout week.
Suck in the deep ones, settle into a comfortable chair and listen in as Higgo, Crouching and I step you through our teams.

REMEMBER – THE COACHKINGS VENUE SERIES KICKS OFF ON THURSDAY!

Click here to check for your nearest venue
Click here to download your season guide

CoachKings

We are still looking for CoachKings Venue Hosts! Flick meΒ an email to let me know if you’re keen: Β [email protected]
Thanks to our play-at-home sponsors Fantasy Insider for their sensation support.. stay tuned for weekly Sunday Sessions this season!Β Check em out here – and go absolutely NUTS on the LineUp Cruncher below to help you get your CoachKings team together.

Tags: , ,

1. CD96 says:

Final team before lineups drop tomorrow.

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart, (Ottens, Vickers-Willis)
    MIDS: Dangerfield, Kennedy, Hannebery, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper, (Barrett, Wiggs, Parfitt)
    RUCKS: Goldstein, Sandilands, (Strnadica)
    FWDS: Kennedy, Dahlhaus, Greene, Taranto, Pickett, Eddy, (Butler, Houston)

$3,500 left

• Carleton says:

How did you steal my team??

• ian says:

This is the problem…so many teams will be almost the same…..I have 26 of your 30 CD96 !! The key to this year will be rookie upgrades

2. Derek says:

Like this if you want crouching one to be revealed

3. KICKITDOWNTHEGUTS says:

Thoughts on my team would be much appreciated!
    Strong emphasis on keepers with the exception of the rucks.

S. Docherty, R. Laird, J. Howe, (T. Stewart)
    T.Adams, C. Hampton, E. V-Willis (Z. Guthrie)

P. Dangerfield, D. Hannebery, L. Neale (H. Wigg)
    A. Treloar, N. Fyfe, D. Beams (J. Pickett)
    S. P-Pepper, J. Barret (B. Parfitt)

A. Sandilands, J. Witts (D. Cameron)

N. Riewoldt, L. Dalhaus, J. Macrae (L. Strnadica)
    T. Greene, D. Butler, D. Houston (B. Eddy)

• Big Daz says:

Get rid of J. Macrae , Parfitt to fwd line and add another mid premium.

• Randomcliche2 says:

I'd disregard the advice above, any more than 2 rookies o/f fwd is suicide. I prefer Jelwood and Rocky to Neale but hey, strong defense bud…especially with what could be carnage at the table this week…. looks right at those running 2-0-6 defense. I am running D3 M7, which would require another breakout contender like Crouch unless you go Doc to Titch. Bring on the team sheets.

4. Baz says:

Thoughts on my team guys would be much appreciated.

DEF Docherty shaw laird Hampton EVW Otten (Stewart Guthrie)
    MID Dangerfield Pendles JPK Fyfe tmitchell beams O'Meara SPP (Barrett Hibberd partiff)
    RUCK Gawn goldy (strandica)
    FWD Dahl roughy nankervis Taranto eddy butler (pickett Cameron)
    $38.2k left

5. Toby one kanobi says:

Tobias or not Tobias

Thoughts on Toby Greene community?

6. Toby one kanobi says:

Also Tuohy or nah?

• Lazza says:

The guy Tuohy is replacing was an absolute gun …. who struggled to average 100 in better teams…. so how can anyone expect Tuohy to outperform Enright.???

• Leeds17 says:

If you are picking him thinking he'll go 100+ then yeah huge trap! personally at his price & the role I think he'll play I'll be happy and expecting around 92-95.

• @wheels_1987 says:

nah, i didnt go there… too many people locking him in and i have a feel that it may be a trap

7. TPA says:

What's everyones go with the Ruck combo lads?

• Mitch says:

R1 – Gun R2 – Mid Pricer
      That's looking like the best way to go

• Mgross says:

Hickey and Sandy

• Swans2012 says:

I think I'm sticking with gawndilands, Easy to downgrade Gawn if not tearing it, impossible to find cash early on to get him in if you don't have him to start. Happy to risk a trade to see the true effect of spencer, at least I am now, plenty of time to change my mind (again) in the next 2 days.

• @t_woof says:

Right now Stef Martin and Sandilands.

• everyone says:

Could have just asked me mate, no need to have the community spying on me

8. Joshua farrugia says:

DEF: Docherty Shaw Laird Marchbank Hampton Otten (EVW Stewart)
    MID:Dangerfield Pendles JPK Selwood Fyfe Beams O'Meara SPP (Barrett Hibberd Deluca-Cardillo (Loophole)
    RUCK:Nankervis Sandilands (Darcy Cameron)
    FWD: Dahl Macrae Roughead Steele Taranto Pickett (Eddy Parfitt)

Thoughts? Thinking of going Pendlebury to Treloar and Pickett to WHE. So far i got 53,000 in the bank.

9. Stewy_the_Swan says:

Take a look at the number 1 team community. Waddayareckon?

Def: Laird, Howe Lloyd, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Otten, Guthrie)

Mid: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Priddis,Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Swallow (SPP, Pickett, M. Hibberd)

Ruc: Nankilands (Strnadica)

Fwd: Reiwoldt, Dahlhaus. Buddy, Roughy, Butler, Eddy (Parfitt, Houston)

$55k in bank.

10. miarwi9206 says:

heppell?

11. mmmmm says:

steele or roughy? or both? at a loss

12. Lachie says:

So Beams or J'omera

and Hanners, Sloane or JPK.

13. SCaddict says:

Ok community I have created a themed leagued for 2017. I believe it's a little bit of a changing of the guard with some "freshish" faces about to take our beloved Supercoach game by the scruff of the neck and dominate this season.

To enter this league all you need do is start your side with at least one of the young gun mids of the comp which I'm choosing to define as a MID eligible player who is priced $550K or more and turns 24 or younger this season. So that works out to be just 7 players being Neale, Treloar, Zerrett, Cripps, Bont, Titch and Coniglio (who is injured unfortunately).

So long as you are starting at least one of those guys, which heaps of teams seem to have anyway, then anyone can join in. The league code is 554967 so let's see just how high our young guns can soar in 2017!

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Gr8 idea addict
      No doubt already full

I created one called titch to scratch on Sunday and it filled in no time.

Be interesting to see how the young guns and titchians go

• SCaddict says:

Yeah saw that Trig. Unfortunately I couldn't quite squeeze Titch into my SC side in the end although he was in there for a while. Reckon he's in for a massive season so have him mega locked in my Real Dream Team side instead.

• SCaddict says:

EDIT: League now full. Thanks to all those coaches who entered.

• @wheels_1987 says:

good idea but already full

• Randomcliche2 says:

Okay Addict, I've got a league for ya'll, it's called mid priced madness. The criteria is for who think they can spot a bargain. If you have 13 or less players who worth less than $250k, come join. League code 517117. All mid price maniacs welcome.

• SCaddict says:

Ha ha you seem to know me too well. I actually saw your league invite on the Rate My Team thread first and signed up before even seeing your reply here. Hopefully we get a few other midpriced madhatters to join up. πŸ™‚

• Randomcliche2 says:

Feel free to forward on to other madhatters here in the community πŸ™‚
          Flick me an email at 005342 at gmail.com with your team and I'll hit you back with mine. There are a few teams out there with 16 potential keepers plus O'meara or 15 plus Swallow and O'meara. I'm running 17 potential keepers (no O'meara or Swallow) I'm interested to see what you are running this year!

• Reminiscent says:

748491. All welcome

14. Danners says:

Some interesting teams lads. Something to think about with Crouch's gametime, might sound stupid but maybe he can't last a game of running. Surely he'd be getting more gametime by now if he could. Also with Goldy, with a less experienced midfield, he'll lose points for not hitting to advantage.

• Phil says:

And how many clearances exactly did Harvey, Dal Santo, Wells, Furrito & Petrie win last year? None of them strike as great in this area, I'll back the 5 coming in to do better. Goldstein points will go up I think

• BarronVonCrow says:

I think the bigger issue with Crouch's gametime was the presence of Scott Thompson in the side. Both are slow, inside players, so they tried to limit the amount they played in the middle together. Lyons could at least rotate forward if needed, but Crouch doesn't have that arrow in his bow. And since Campo would boof Thommo if he let him, it was Crouch who sat.

One of Pyke's bigger desires it seems is to have a more dynamic and speedy midfield than what we've had previously (hence Lyons getting the boot, because he was the same, slow inside midfielder), so while everyone pops Thommo's name as a Best 22 when he's healthy, I've heard that's not going to be the case this year and he's been told he's an emergency player only (whether that lasts all year or not remains to be seen though).

So with Thommo out of the side, that allows the Crowies to add a more multi dimensional midfield. Matt is the bull inside, Brad and Rory are the blokes who can do it both on the inside and outside, then you've got Atkins/Milera/Cameron/Smith/Mackay on the wings and guys like Hampton, Douglas and Laird who can rotate into in the middle when Matt, Brad or Rory go off for a break.

15. hedski says:

Settling into said comfy chair, last piece of calm before the storm, thanks for the preseason Lads, good luck all.

• Captain Risky says:

well, I have a shitload of work to catch up on.. looking forward to getting back to normal, and of course watching the carnage unfold! A few coldies this weekend for sure πŸ™‚
      Bring it on!

16. Laffffff says:

why not both j,omeara and d.swallow?

17. jords114 says:

I'm Jock Reynolllds I have a job application for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtZpBdMQGU I hope you like!

18. Tommo09 says:

Thoughts on my team

Def: Simpson, Laird, Tuohy, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Vickers-Willis, Melican)
    Mid: Danger, Kennedy, Selwood, Bont, Fyfe, Mitchell, O'Meara, SPP (Barrett, Hibberd, Parfitt)
    Ruc: Gawn, Sandi (Cameron)
    Fwd: NRoo, Lynch, Rough, Steele, Miles, Butler (Eddy, Houston)

Rookies will change after the announcement of teams
    $4.3k left

Thanks community

• The Magpie Dentist says:

Just watch for Gawn's scores with Spencer as second ruck, could downgrade him to Goldy or Grundy and upgrade Miles to Taranto. Watch for Steele too as he could be a JLT trap. Otherwise, I'd set and forget that team

19. Andy says:

After clearing my team about 100 times, I think I have found the structure I will be going in with in Round 1.
    Thoughts will be great!

Def: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton (Otten, Stewart)

Mid: Dangerfield, JPK, Fyfe, Treloar, Beams, O'Meara, Taranto, SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Miles)

Rucks: Nankervis, Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughead, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Eddy (Butler, Parfitt)

• Gags says:

Really like this side but could be too mid-priced heavy

• Andy says:

Thanks Gags!
        I think most of our teams will be mid-priced heavy with a lack of rookies.. That being said, this team will probably be changed again Wednesday or Thursday night! hahahaha

• Lazza says:

The guy Tuohy is replacing at Geelong was an absolute gun …. who struggled to average 100 in better teams…. so how can anyone expect Tuohy to outperform Enright.??? Enright averaged mid 90s. If you have the mula, go Howe else Lloyd.

20. Marvin says:

Why the lack of love for zerrett? I don't see him in many teams. Is it due to the returning players like jobe?

• Lach says:

Heppell, Jobey and maybe even zaha posing point stealing this year round. I'd expect him to still average around 100 tho..

• SCaddict says:

Yes you've answered your own question. Will still score very well regardless but can he go 110 again remains to be seen.

Certainly wouldn't be the worst starting selection you could make this season but many coaches suspect he's priced at overs and/or is unlikely to finish a top 10 mid.

You want to be damn sure whenever you spend over $600K on a prick hence the hesitation with picking guys like Zerrett, Gazza and Gawn for a lot of coaches, that have some level of uncertainty surrounding them. But if you believe in Zerrett as a selection go for it.

• Marvin says:

Thanks fellas. He could easily become Treloar before kickoff, plenty of shuffling to go no doubt. I have titch and jack Steven too, so one of the three might need to be upgraded.

• @wheels_1987 says:

you answered your own question
      plus essendon SHIT

• Jake.B says:

I have him. Even with the players back hes showed he won't be getting less of the ball in the JLT series. Serious jet. Probably a good POD.

21. Lach says:

sloane or titch

22. Sully321 says:

any thoughts on my team would be greatly appreciated

Def:
    Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, (Stewart)
    Hampton, EVW, Hibberd, (Otten)

Mid:
    Danger, Pendles, Parker, Selwood, Treloar,
    Fyfe, Beams, SPP
    (Barret, Pickett, Parfitt)

Ruck:
    Nankilands (strnadica)

Fwd:
    Riewodlt, Dahlhaus, MaCrae, (Houston)
    Roughead, Taranto, butler (Eddy)

few uncertainties in this side, not sure whether to go with roughead or steele, also i'm struggling to choose between Docherty, Simpson and shaw at d1. ATM it's shaw due to his high ceiling but i feel Docherty and Simpson will be more consistent throughout the season.
    Thanks in advance

• Lach says:

Defence strcuture is risky and I'm 70% sure it will change after team lineup reveals tmrw. Good chance some rookies wont be named rd1.

• Sully321 says:

yeah that was the other thing my structure is very much still not set

23. Gags says:

Any leagues fellas?
    Need a competitive one

24. NickMacMan says:

thoughts on m crouch or lloyd? Also thoughts on z jones?

25. jezzahill says:

Keen to hear people's thoughts on this team ahead of selection tomorrow night.

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Vicker-Willis (Otten, Stewart)

MID: Dangerfield, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Taranto, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Parfaitt)

RUCK: Grundy, Sandilands (Strnadica)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Macrae, Roughead, Turner, Edddy (Miles, Butler)

26. kuol says:

TO ALL GUN COACHES OUT THERE, PLEASE JOIN MY LEAGUE: 570897

27. Trent says:

Thoughts on my team please community!
    Docherty, Adams, Laird, Tuohy, Hampton, EVW ( Otten, Stewart)
    Danger, Pendles, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, SPP, Barret ( Picket, Miles, Parfitt)
    Gawn, Sandi ( strnadica)
    Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Nankervis, Taranto, Florent, Eddy ( Butler, Houston)
    7.7k in the bank

28. Super_bj says:

Need help community, im only 80% happy with my team.

Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW

Danger, hanners, treloar, rocky, fyfe, swallow, spp, barrett

Sandi, witts

Rooey, dahl, buddy, gunston, nankervis, pickett

• Lach says:

Gunston > Rough
      Witts > Nank

could be a possibility.. idk its up to preference.

• Georgy Jones says:

Good looking team, couple of cheeky but possibly huge POD in that team. How much cash you got left over?

• Super_bj says:

Cheers Georgy. I have $121.7k in the bank. Looking to gain some quick cash upgrading quickly.

• Georgy Jones says:

Still a bit in the bank. If you can start with some good rookies you will be in great shape

• Go Large says:

That is a huge forward line. Probably the best one I have seen to date

• Burnmen says:

Barrett needs to be elevated.

EVW is doubtful but if you have Stewart and maybe Otten/Smith to back up on bench.

Could drop one gun forward to tarantula/Willbehopingalot and then you can get another decent mid ie JOM?

Darcy Cameron on ruck bench and I reckon you're laughing in that aspect.

• Tim says:

Nice team. Very similar to mine except for that extra premo forward. Would love to know how you managed to start with salary cap of $10.2 mil.

29. AMAC says:

Another beautiful podcast gents. A tear rolled down my cheek as Chariots of fire heightened the final displays of emotion. Thanks for your efforts this pre-season! What an epic build up to Supercoach 2017. Best of luck to you all community!

30. Laffffff says:

just before final lockout this week. Would appreciate some feedback on my team and what you would change and suggestions on who to change for.

$100,000 in the bank

DEF: t.adams, r.laird, j.smith, c.marchbank, ed.VW, c. hampton, BENCH= t.stewart, z.guthrie

MID: Danger, bont, fyfe, T.mitchell, d.beams, j.omeara, d.swallow, S. powell-pepper BENCH= M.hibberd, H.wigg, T.miles

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi BENCH= strnadica

FWD: Greene, Macrae, Dahl, jarred Roughead, J. steele, T. taranto BENCH= J.pickett, B.eddy

31. Goose says:

G'day lads, keen to hear some thoughts on my team, pretty happy with it but with $216k in the bank I've got a couple of potential changes in mind, here's the team as it stands:

DEF: Docherty, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Vickers-Willis (Stewart, Guthrie)
    MID: Dangerfield, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe. T.Mitchell, Beams, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Parfitt, Lloyd)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Gunston, Higgins, Roughead, Nankervis, Pickett (Eddy, Houston)

My two thoughts are:
    Dayne Beams into Zach Merrett
    or
    Marchbank & Treloar into Jake Lloyd & Priddis

What do we reckon? Make one of those changes or just leave it as is and keep some cash in the bank in case one of my mid-pricers like Sandi or O'Meara go down early?

Cheers

• Jake.B says:

I rekon if you can upgrade marchbank to Lloyd that would be perfect. Priddis could very well be a unique POD is a consistent gun

32. Young Gun says:

Higgins or Greene? Am I setting myself up for a fall?. Your thoughts. Heaps of antiquities to ponder, do I stay with 3 premo backs, running JOM & Swallow with SPP on bench

• @wheels_1987 says:

Greene

• Jake.B says:

I've gone with higgins only because everyone has green(plus I'm not really keen going on a Rollercoaster ride with him), but if higgins can go back to his 2015 form he will be a gem.

33. Matt says:

Anyone think josh gibson in the backline is a good idea?

• Laffffff says:

i've had him in previous years bit too inconsistent for my liking i'd probably even go mills before him

• hedski says:

Only if your a masochist Matt.

• SCaddict says:

He will probably frustrate the hell out of you as his scores are role dependant that can change from week to week. Great when he goes large but when those turds invariably appear the stench is intolerable.

Had 6 games scoring below 60 last season which is not what you really want from a premo defender and didn't ton up in his last 8 games including 2 finals – ouch!

• @wheels_1987 says:

nope

• Jake.B says:

Previous years yes but last year he tailed off. Better options out there

34. James says:

Which team would you choose?
    Team 1:
    Def: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton (Otten, Stewart)

Rucks: Nankervis, Sandilands (Cameron)

Team 2:
    Def: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Vickers-Wills, Stewart)

Mid: Dangerfield, JPK, Fyfe, Treloar, Beams, O'Meara, Taranto, SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt)

Rucks: Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd: N Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliott, Eddy (Miles, Butler)

Thoughts will be appreciated.

35. Kenny says:

Boy oh boy wow-wee .. year of the cookie cutter!! Seems to be very little variation in sides being put up in the posts. Is this a season where we don't worry so much about making money early from the rooks but take a chance on mid pricers who can be traded down to pick up the cows as they are made available? Hopefully the addition point scoring will offset having to wait longer getting to premo extra early. And also trouble areas like the rucks should be established as to who is a keeper.

• @wheels_1987 says:

every year is cookie cutter !
      get into a draft league to keep things fresh

36. Tmitch says:

Draft at 9pm tonight if anyone is interested
    229854

37. Davo says:

come and join my league guys 200270

38. Rivo says:

Jocks team very solid and chuffed to see it's similar to mine. $7k cash. Thoughts please Community?

D: Doc, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Otten, Stewart);
    M: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Fyfe, M.Crouch, JOM, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Hibberd, Parfitt);
    R: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica);
    F: Dahl, Buddy, Rough, Nank, Toronto, Pickett (Cameron, Eddy).

39. Shake n bake says:

Ok not sure who teams will go with there vc in rd 1 and nearly every team has Fyfe & Danger if your vc flops who will be your capt Fyfe or Danger???

• SCaddict says:

It's a real coin flip SnB. Both guys finished the JLT in beast mode so form coming into Rd1 is impeccable. First time they have gone head to head since Danger switched colours.

Hopefully our VCs come off for 130 plus and we don't have to deal with that headache, as I've got no real answer right now. Perhaps a slight leaning to Danger but it could really go either way.

• Holty says:

Danger for me. He averages more against freo then any other team. He has played them 11 times for a average of almost 130

40. Paulrigs says:

Any ppl who follow from outside Australia got or want to setup a league? Otherwise Ho k can you setup an internationals league. Love the podcast all the way from London Town. Good luck this year community!

41. Shake n bake says:

Cameron wont play rd 1.

42. NDR says:

Another league just opened

The 'Many Can Rum Cup' (323 214)

As the great Crouching One would say – all are 'welcome'

• NDR says:

Just a heads up – league is now full.

Best of luck to all this season – may you have many can rum when you pick your teams against me.

Welcome

43. d j says:

any members out there want to join a draft league at 9pm, jump in 419503

44. The Magpie Dentist says:

DEF: Simmo, Laird, K.Kolodjashnij, Z.Jones, Hampton, Otten (EVW, Stewart)
    MID: Danger, Hannebery, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Titch, Horlin-Smith, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Wigg)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Lynch, Roughy, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

Bank: $34,000

I can see Kolodjashnij having a very good Supercoach season if Gold Coast's engine room can stay fit. Jones will up his average and generate cash if he's not played as a tagger. Horlin-Smith I find a lot of value in and I think he could pay off if he can stay in the best 22

• Scotland says:

I had KK last year and it killed me, I've read he's fit and firing, but I see as a big risk at D3. I like selections of Jones, Treloar, Tich and Lynch, who are good PODS and I think will score well for you. Not sure about Horlin-Smith, but I have not followed him closely in the JLT. Good Luck!

• Keenbutclueless says:

Like the approach to the backline. A different and positive alternative to Marchbank. Horlin Smith is a trap. Go back and look at 2015. From memory it's like 19 games at a 60 average. Get it up to Sheed or Swallow if you can. Consider Grundy down to Martin. Go check out Martin's early run. Then check Grundy's numbers when Cox plays.

• The Magpie Dentist says:

Sweet as, I'll definitely keep it all in mind. Cheers for the input lads

• Jake.B says:

Like KK if he can get back to his form. Had a horrid run with injuries last year hence why he's so cheap. Good POD pick as I rekon he can get back to his best. Only query I have is gold coasts medical staff- are absolutely shambles

45. the nank says:

Didn't know Jock worked for fox sports?? http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jock-reynolds-ful

• SCaddict says:

Yes the great man has penned a few articles for them over this preseason. He did another one for Fox Sports on budget ruck options the other week. Just follow his Twitter feed and you'll never miss out.

46. TheHoneyBadger3 says:

Defenders: H.Shaw, T.Adams, R.Laird, C.Marchbank, C.Hampton, T.Stewart (EVW, A.Otten)
    Midfielders: Danger, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, D.Beams, J.O'Meara, D.Swallow, T.Taranto (SPP, Barrett, Pickett)
    Ruckman: Nankervis, Sandilands (T.English)
    Forwards: Dalhaus, Franklin, T.Greene, Roughead, Steele, McCarthy (Butler, Eddy)

Leave thoughts, I know what you're thinking my balls are well and truly on walls.

• TheHoneyBadger3 says:

$43,500 in the bank

• The Magpie Dentist says:

I think you have a very solid team, I like the Toby Greene selection. Only genuine concerns could be Adams with his injury history and Steele being a JLT trap. You could move Taranto forward and downgrade Steele to a Brandon Parfitt or Harrison Wigg depending on team selections. Then you could use that cash to get Adams to a Simpson/Docherty and have extra cash for if a mid-pricer breaks down. Go with your gut because you may trade out someone that you'll regret later on. Sometimes it takes balls to win it all

• Jake.B says:

Look at upgrading or downgrading MCarthy. He scored 80 pts from 5 goals. Looks like he's gonna struggle to score decent scores and he's not entirely cheap

47. Redd says:

Heres my team community the SC Blazers let me know what ya think

DEF: Rance Adams JJ Marchbank Hampton EVW Otten Srewart

MID: Danger Pendles Treloar Fyfe Titch Steven Viney SPP Barrett Hibberd Parfitt

RUC: SandiWitts Strandica

FWD: JK BUD Macrae WHE Taranto Pickett Eddy Smith

Dont think ive ever looked forward to a season so much good luck 2 everyone and bring it on

• The Magpie Dentist says:

If this team fires, you'll have a massive advantage. Can't really go wrong with it apart from Adams or JJ's injury history. Interesting to see a team that isn't using Roughy either. A lot of different but well thought POD selections

• Redd says:

Cheers mate really appreciate the feedback with all the cookie cutter sides im seeing out there i had tp try somthing different

48. Elmeano says:

DEF : Docherty Laird Marchbank Hampton Otten Vickers ( Hibberd , Stewert )
    MID : Danger Selwood Treloar Fyfe Mitchell Beams Oliver SPP ( Barrett Miles Parfitt )
    RUC : Gawn/Gundy Sandilands Cameron
    FWD : Riewoldt Dahlhaus Macrae Nakervis , Taranto , Eddy ( Pickett Houston )

Bank $39,400

Massive shout out to everyone in the community for all their wisdom and posts that have assisted all us new players .

• The Magpie Dentist says:

Keep an eye out for team selections to watch for defence rookies, Vickers and Hibberd are rumored to not be in the round 1 lineup. If so drop Oliver down to a Swallow or a rookie and try to ugrade one of the two North defenders

49. Isaiah says:

hey community
    Goldy and O.Florent or Ryder and Sandi??

50. the nank says:

Doc/Simpson and Macrae
    or
    Riewoldt and Rance

51. Ozzz says:

Hey guys
    Tuohy, mills or Lloyd…. i cant split em right now?????

• SCaddict says:

Tuohy for me although partly because he suits my bye structure. Think all 3 are some of the better breakout contenders you could roll the dice on this season.

• TheHoneyBadger3 says:

Tuohy, has more upside than the other two IMO

• Redgumwon says:

Lloyd I like how he improved at the end of last year and he's taken that form with him into this year. DDP as well

52. Phil says:

In regards to the boys comments on not being able to get rid of a mid prices with no cash….if u have enough of them most likely you will need to get rid of 2. 1 up, 1 down. Not ideal but you do get to see a inform rookie and premium.

53. Phil says:

Who do we like?
    1.Shaw & Witts
    2.Goldstein & Marchbank

54. the nank says:

Thoughts community

DEF: Doc, Rance, Laird, Howe, Hampton, Vicker-Willis (Otten, Stewart)

MID: Danger, JPK, Trealor, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Swallow, SPP (Pickett, Miles, Parffitt)

Ruck: Nankilands (Cameron)

FWD: JJK, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughie, Taranto, Butler (Houston, Eddy)

• Redd says:

Like the Howe pick expecting more from him at the pies this year hopefully forms a good combo with lynden dunn

55. The Bont says:

Little worried about rookie job security appreciate any advice. At the moment got Hampton and two rookies in defence. I got 3 options. At the moment

Shaw evw bont

Or

Tuohy marchbank Kennedy (swans)

Or

Shaw marchbank Watson (Essendon )

Just thinking maybe adding marchbank as he will have better Js

56. POM XI` says:

Hi Guys,

Really torn with these final 2 selections….

Adams or Howe?

Franklin or Lynch?

Thoughts?

57. Milky says:

What are our thoughts on big Steffy Martin, can go big, and might be a good option for his price

• johnno2908 says:

Just the threat of Archie Smith killing his SC relevance though is the big question. He is poo if Archie plays unfortunately. In saying that, he is currently my R1. Like the fact he has Beams back in, as well as a super fit looking Rocky.

• Kev says:

You never know when Brissy will play Archie. That week to week uncertainty is enough to leave him alone to start with

58. Jess says:

Defenders.. Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Marchblank, Hampton, Stewart (bench Otten, Vickis-Willis)
    Mid… Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Heppell, J Kelly, Steele, Powell-Pepper, Pickett (bench Barrett, wigg, T miles)
    Ruck… Goldstein, Hickey (bench cameron)
    Forward….Dahlhaus, Roughead, Nankervis, Hrovat, Taranto, Ainsworth (bench Butler, bowes)

$278,100 left.
    Leave it or who to change?

• Redd says:

Like the heppell pick could be a great POD

• Crowmagnon says:

I think you have a couple of mid pricers too many. This could lead you to run out of trades.
      Bowes is too much cash to have on the bench. Trade him to eddy.
      Then upgrade a couple of heppell kelly steele hrovat to premium players like jpk, jjk, jelwood etc.
      Watch team selections carefully, a few of your rookies may not play.
      Lastly I think the fallen premiums like sandi and beams are more likely to pay off than breakout contenders.
      Good luck.

• Kev says:

I'd bolster up your midfield, Jess. Gets a bit midpricy after Fyfe.

Rest of your team looks good

• Dac Zawson says:

Ainsworth is too expensive for what he will score, I'd downgrade and then upgrade Hrovat

• Jess says:

Ok I've upgraded hrovat to JJK and J Kelly to J Kennedy πŸ™‚

• PJ King says:

I think you've got a cracking defense! For me, Otten will get the boot provided Z Guthrie gets a gig.

Have you considered dropping Danger for Selwood? Perhaps drop Hickey or Goldy for Sandi and then beef up your forward line with all that extra cash?

• wombatsfc says:

Hi Jess, maybe upgrade/swap some of your rookies for those selected to play. Petrevski-Seton has been selected and is a very good footballer with senior experience about 180k I think
      Has Barrett been upgraded from rookie list?
      Will Wigg and miles get a game?
      Cameron wont play round 1 due to an infected finger, if the swans have a big win he may find it hard to get back in.

59. Robert says:

Where's Jock's final rookie cheat sheet after JLT 3?

60. The BONT says:

Could be my final team how is it looking

B: Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Vickers-Willis, Stuart)

M: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, SPP, Barret (Pickett, Hibberd, Parfitt)

R: Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)

F: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Franklin, Roughead, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

Backline: is very standard like everyone else's

Midfield: gorn with one extra on feild rookie jest becasue i can't find anyone else

Ruck: I was thinking about going Nanklaids but stuck by Grundy for now

Forwardline: Gorn with three premos and hoping franklin will have a breakout season winning the coleman

• the nank says:

Cookie cutter, also this isn't buddy's breakout year he's a 2 time coleman medalist and 6 time all australian

61. Redgumwon says:

Love to know what you guys think of my side
    Shaw, Laird, Lloyd, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, EVW, Stewart
    Dangerfield, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Kelly, Beams. JOM, SPP, Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd
    Hickey, Sandi, Cameron
    Dahl, McCrae, Higgins, Steele, Taranto, Parfitt, Houston, Eddy
    $200k in the bank and all rookies subject to change

• Rivo says:

Kelly an interesting POD, don't mind it. Not sure on Hickey keeping his avg over 90, and Steele a trap IMO. Rookies look good pending selections. I think you are one premo short, depending on how many you consider as keepers. Maybe have a look at upgrading one of Steele, Higgins or JOM to a premo like TMitch? JPK or Buddy?

• redgumwon says:

Thanks Rivo for the feedback. I have the cash in the bank to upgrade Hickey to Gawn if Spencer doesn't play. The other reason I went with Hickey was for a POD and I have a gut feeling if Hickey plays the lone wolf ruck for St Kilda he could have a break out year. If I go with Hickey then I can upgrade Steele or JOM to one of the players you mentioned. If Kelly fires then he could be a keeper and if he doesn't then he's a stepping stone to JPK or another premo

62. min0008 says:

Thoughts community,
    DEF: Shaw, Laird, Adams, Hampton, Otten, Vickers Willis (M hibberd, Stewart)
    MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Selwood, Fyfe, Miitchell, Beams, Barrett, Powell Pepper (Wigg, Freeman, Parfitt)
    RUC: Gawn, Sandilands (Cameron)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Lynch, Nankervis, Pickett, Butler (Eddy, Miles)

Still got $106.8k in the bank

• Crowmagnon says:

I lke this team.
      Would wait until after rd9 to get gc or port players.
      Also very nervous about otten job security. BVC doesn't rate him to last and he knows his stuff.

63. Dray says:

Anyone looking for a paid league? $100 entry I have two sports available. Post interest and I can send details of league. League rank top 300.

64. Jim says:

Hi everyone,

What do you think of my team?

I currently have $5900 remaining.

DEF: Shaw, T. Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten || Hibberd, Steward

MID: Danger, Pendles, Kennedy, Selwood, Fyfe, Beams, Powell-Power, Barret || Parfitt, Atley, Bolton

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi || Strnadica

FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Greene, Steele, Taranto, Eddy || Pickett, Houston

65. Nank says:

Beams and shaw

Or

Kennedy & z tuohy

66. Don't Blush Baby says:

Darcy Cameron ruled out with a finger injury

67. Vicki says:

Thoughts please community and why, please
    J. Viney or Matt Crouch.

• Marco_Polo94 says:

I've gone crouch, basically for reasons jock said last week. just needs improved tog to become a beast

• Zee888 says:

Viney is ready to go big. Nice POD.

68. notoriousmac says:

Beams or matty crouch

69. Emily says:

Hickey and Omeara
    Or
    Grundy and swallow

70. GJI says:

Hey Gents, not as much research this year but this is what I've come up with, I'm not thinking of following the trend of Swallow,Roughy or Nank… let me know your thoughts good or bad:

DEF: Adams,Laird,Lloyd,Marchbank,Hampton,Vickers-Willis – Bench: Stewart,Guthrie

MID: Danger,JPK,Parker,Treloar,Fyfe,Beams,JOM,SPP – Bench: Parfit,Barrett,Wigg

RUCK: Hickey,Sandi – Bench: Cameron

FWD: Roo,Dahlhaus,T.Lynch,Steele,Taranto,Eddy – Bench: Pickett,Butler

Cheers boys

71. Steeeve says:

Hey so should we keep Cameron at R3 and hope he plays eventually, or just go with Strnadica?
    OR hope Preuss gets a game?

• SCaddict says:

I'd just use Strnadica for loop as he's dirt cheap and Feo are a good loop side. Even if and when Cameron and Preuss get games their JS and scoring output are likely to be fairly questionable in my view.

Anyway that's what I intend to do even if Preuss is named, unless we have some dire shortage of rookies on another line where you could consider using a loop there instead.

• Steeeve says:

A great point Addict. Ita just going to be so. Bloody. Hard. To make money this year!
        I know last year I went in with a donut at R3 and by golly I wished I had the big Cox earning me $150K.

• Burnmen says:

It's just an infected finger. Locked.

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Probably going to go strn. Took hard to loop a M11 in my structure with SPP on the bench.

Also if by chance Sandi does get injured I would expect strn to get the call up to replace him.

• Beady Eye says:

Might be worth noting that not only did Strnadica not play at all in the JLT, he's the backup ruck behind Sean Darcy (fellow 2016 draftee who played all three JLT matches) in Freo's WAFL team.

If Sandi goes down, I wouldn't bank on Strnadica being the one called up. Good for loophole purposes only.

• Beezneez says:

Am I missing something but surely using Stmadica as a loophole is only valid if you have Gawn, Goldy or Grundy or a DPP in the fwd line. The same applies to other posts asking about loophole VC and C options with Fyfe and Danger unless there is a non playing mid bench.

72. Aaron says:

Can someone be kind enough to post the code of the community group that Derek posted a while back

73. NoLanguage says:

Goldy or Grundy guys? For and against???

• The Magpie Dentist says:

Goldy: (For) He is a proven ruckmen, without a 3rd man up he can potentially up the ante (Against) Injury interrupted pre season
      Grundy: (For) A lot of upside, very close to a break out season (Against) Cox/Moore/White in the ruck may affect his scoring

74. Don't Blush Baby says:

Does anyone think Shaun Burgoyne will be in the top 6 defenders ? Expected to get more midfield time

75. Thomas says:

Hey guys, this is my team. Got 107k left over
    DEF: Simmo, T.Adams, Laird, hampton, Vickers – willis, Otten (Stewart, Guthrie)
    Mid: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Treloar, Priddis, Fyfe, O'meara, SPP (Hibberd, Pickett, Barrett)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandy (Strnadica)
    FWD: NRoo, Dahl, Roughead, Hoskin Elliot, Butler, Miles (Houston, Eddy)

Obviously rookies are subject to change. Is there anything i could do to improve this?

76. Joe says:

Final team before lineups come out, $43k remaining

DEF: Shaw Laird Marchbank Hampton Otten EVW (Stewart ZGuthrie)

MID: Danger JPK Treloar Bont Fyfe T.Mitchell Beams SPP (Barrett Hibberd Parfitt)

RUC: Grundy Sandi (Strandica)

FWD: Dahlhaus Macrae Lynch Nank Taranto Pickett (Houston Eddy)

• Hawks says:

Like this team.

Some nice POD's, think Grundy is the riskiest of the selections

• Clock Management says:

Like the team but if ya after overall I don't think you can start a premo sun or power player(Lynch) you will have an extra rookie on the field that week,

77. noah says:

thoughts appreciated
    Def : Docherty Laird Tuohy Marchbank Hampton Otten (vicker-willis, stewart)
    Mid: Danger Pendles Treloar Fyfe Beams O'Meara Swallow SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)
    Ruc: Sandi Witts (Strandica)
    Fwd: JJK Dahlhaus Franklin Roughead Nankervis Taranto (Butler, Eddy)
    Bank:$230,300
    decision on wether to upgrade tuohy or not and also wanna fit Tom Mitchell into the midfield was thinking pendles out but Idk

• The Magpie Dentist says:

Tuohy makes a good point of difference where most people will pick a Doc/Simmo, Shaw, Laird backline. If you want a high scoring defender with difference, try a Jeremy Howe or Alex Rance. I think you can downgrade Pendles to Titch since you already have Treloar there. I like the Sandiwitts ruck strategy as it has a lot of cash making potential and Josh Kennedy is a strong POD selection

78. poloko48 says:

Have decided to go balls out with having Fyfe, Beams & JOM, upside too tempting to ignore.

DEF: Simmo, Heater, Adams, Hampton, Otten, Newman (Stewart, ZGuthrie)
    MID: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Prestia, Beams, JOM, SPP (Barrett, Wigg, Allison)
    RUC: Nankilands (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahl, Buddy, Macrae, Roughy, Taranto, Bowes (Pickett, Eddy)

How does my team look? Have $116K left.

• Dnoyes says:

I would upgrade Prestia unless you are really confident that he will have a breakout year.

I have a similar team to you but what I've done is move Nank up forward and swapped out Taranto/Bowes for Witts. This is because I feel Witts will earn more money, or is more certain to get gametime than the other two. Also it will give Sandilands protection from injury.

• poloko48 says:

I like that idea Dnoyes, I guess the question is will Witts make more $$ than either Taranto or Bowes? The fact that Witts is also there for ruck backup provides more value too, so might be worth more overall.
        I have a feeling Prestia will dominate Richmond's fairly pedestrian midfield, just a hunch. At worst he'll be OK at M8.
        Thanks mate!

79. Jim says:

Anyone know what tends to work best as a starting structure. Packed midfield? Packed defence? Forwards? What have pervious winners started with?

• kim says:

Depends on which rookies are named Jim. People are saying there alot of defensive rookies this year so thats why a few are going 3-0-5 or even 2-0-6. But if ed vickers and hibberd dont make norths team or even zack guthrie it will totally screw up basically all of those teams. Alot seem to be stacking midfield this year as not as many midfields rookies seem to be available. some teams have no rookies on field for example so JOM or swallow at M8. I don't like that structure personally as it will be far too hard to make enough cash to upgrade defence and forward lines or rucks which have to be weaker to compensate for stacked mids.

We just have to wait for friday night for sure to see north, geelong, adelaides final team unfortuantely!!

80. Dr John says:

Late night coaches… here is a league…

The Night Owl Champs – 204168.

All are welcome – just a league for the shift workers and insomniacs.

Cheers!

81. DaWest says:

Join The super league lads!

**921331**

Wecome!

82. Suttoo says:

Def: Shaw, Doch, Laird, Hibberd, Otten, Hampton (Ryan, Stewart)

Mid: Dangerfield, JPK, Fyfe, Pendles, Beams, Shuey,Titchell, SPP (Barrett, Wigg, Miles)

Rucks: Nankervis, Sandilands (Stk)

Fwd: Dahlhaus, J.Kennedy WCE, Macrea, McCarthy,Picket, Eddy (Butler,Houston)

Thoughts on team please

• Kev says:

Melbourne's Hibberd is injured, North's is playing VFL. Either way you'll need a change. Doubt that Ryan is in Lyon's immediate plans too.

Mids strong. Wigg and Miles slipped down the list of mid rooks

Personally prefer Taranto or WHE over McCarthy. Your call though. They will offer more consistent scoring I feel

83. The BONT says:

Could be my final team how is it looking

B: Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Vickers-Willis, Stuart)

R: Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)

F: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Franklin, Roughead, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

$21,400

84. Josh Kelly says:

Everyones thoughts please??

DEF: Adams, Laird, Mills, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten. (Vickers-Willis, Guthrie)

MID: Dangefield, Ablett, Hannebery, Treloar, Fyfe, Josh Kelly, O'Meara, SPP. (Barrett, Wigg, Hibberd)

RUC: Gawn, Sandilands

FWD: Franklin, Dahlhaus, Greene, Taranto, Pickett, Eddy. (Butler, Houston)

85. Westy says:

Till the teams drop
    D – Simpson, Laird, Tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Hibberd, Stewart)
    M – Dangerfield, JP Kennedy, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Florent (Pepper-Powell, Barratt, Wigg)
    R – Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)
    F – JJ Kennedy, Dahlhouse, Roughead, Nankervis, Black, Miles (Houston, Eddy)

86. Suttoo says:

Who is WHE

87. Dean says:

Can we change players that aren't from blues or tigers on Friday ?

88. Suttoo says:

Who should i go WHE or McCarthy or Taranto

89. Plumdusty says:

Thoughts? 126,200 in the bank

Simpson, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart(Otten, Willis)

Danger, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Crouch, Beams, Jaeger, SPP (Barrett, Hibberd, Parfitt)

Hickey, Sandi(Strnadica)

Kennedy, Dalhaus, Roughy, Nank, Taranto, Houston (Butler, Eddy)

90. Carl says:

Without doing copious amounts of research just wondering if anyone had a gut feel… how many of the top 8-10 players in each line change per year? Obviously injury dependent amongst other things. I'm guessing it's 2-3 that drop in or out each year?

Thoughts?

91. Reece says:

Treleor or Pendles haven't not started with Pendles and I feel if I don't start him he'll come out with a bang but also worry his getting older and not full pre season

• kim says:

Also his wife is due to give to birth to their first child in April and he said he would miss the game if if comes on game day. I'm not going in with him this year, just too many niggling doubts for me.

• Derek says:

treloar to start

92. OldOcker says:

Old bloke has 4 spots left in his last team.
    Anyone wishing to join is welcome 128613
    Please do not expect too much competition

93. Daniel says:

Anyone thinking of running with jack Steven, I'm comfortable with him but have not seen one team running with him?

• OldOcker says:

Most would not consider him to be a top 8 mid.
      If you think he will be by end of season, Go with gut feel.
      Can't see it myself, Pick for the right reasons not because of POD.

Cheers.

• Loop says:

Good luck, I got him after the byes last year and his scores were a disaster. He's so tempting because he can go BIG but I cant go there again.

• Simon says:

I have him in the guts…..he can go big and average is same as Tom Mitchell……I will live and die by this one

94. Northernsoul74 says:

Darcy Cameron ruled out of round 1 due to a finger injury.

• Steeeve says:

Any chance Cameron never gets a game this year? For a couple years straight I've chosen a ruckman I think will make some money, only for them to never hit the park. If they're not getting a run, Strnadica would be the obvious choice.

• Bells E Bubb says:

Yes a good chance of none if Sinclair and whats his name are back and playing well. Still he’s done well so far and they do play rookies if they are up to it. For the extra tenner it’s well worth it imho. Could also end up playing 10 games. Strnd won’t get near it and no other options; are there?

95. Frogga says:

ALL SUPERCOACH GUNS JOIN MY LEAGUE 770212

96. Alex says:

SHAW, DOC OR SIMPSON AT D1?!?!

97. SCaddict says:

Hard to fault that side much mate. A lot of coaches have cooled their jets on Goldy this season (for a few reasons) but he has been a proven SC performer for a number of years now so you can certainly back him in if you like.

Just make sure you have as many rookies generating cash from Rd1 as possible, with just the one floating donut for captain's loophole, which for your side with Nank in the forward line should really stay Strnadica as you currently have.

• Can't bat says:

Cheers for your thoughts SCaddict.
      Was thinking Roughie to a rookie and then a rookie to Marchbank and Rance to Docherty?????

• SCaddict says:

Yes you could do that. Whilst you would be losing a probable keeper in Roughie you would be getting a slightly better premo defender as well as a rookie with seemingly excellent JS and decent scoring potential.

One issue could be which rookie you'd downgrade Roughie to so you may have to wait for Thursday teams first before making that call.

98. Alex says:

AND BEST MIDFIELDER FOR 612,200? Already have titch, Fyfe, beams, treloar.

99. Rick says:

Selwood I reckon

100. Peter says:

If there are no rookie rucks named round 1, is Witts a viable r3 or is someone like Strnadica a better option to use for loophole's and to save 100k???

• Steeeve says:

Use Cameron, he won't play round one but should get games for Sydney. He's only out one week. Will make money faster than Witts too.

101. Doc says:

Lads, thoughts on this latest offering.

Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Guthrie, (V-W, Stewart)
    Dangerfield, hanners, jelwood, Fyfe, twitch, beams, Taranto, P-P (Barret, Pickett, D-C)
    Sandiwitts (CAMERON)
    Dahl, buddy, McRae,roughy,nank,Hoskin-Elliot (butler, eddy)

Have picked the rooks with the best ave from JLT that should play to start on ground then gone from there. – MB, Hampton, Guthrie, Taranto, P-P, H-E, wits.

Still toying with either
    Taranto forward and buddy/McRae to a 550k mid or mouch.
    Or Taranto forward and roughy (or nank if I have the testicular fortitude to run no ruck cover) to JOM.

Thoughts

• the nank says:

Batting way too deep in the forward line downgrade roughie to Houston then upgrade mid rookie

102. Robbie says:

Team is LOCKED & LOADED for Round 1 in my opinion!
    What's your thoughts?

Def: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (EVW, Stewart)

Mid: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, S Mitchell, Beams, O'Meara, SPP (Barrett, Miles, Parfitt)

Rucks: Nankervis, Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughead, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Taranto (Eddy, Butler)

103. JerseyforHawks says:

Ha Ha, what's left after you exposure your length , width and girth of your Super Coach teams? Answer: your Sandiballs, get it. Cheers boys, great podcast, two sleeps to first bounce.

104. sandni836 says:

What are the thoughts of the community?
    F4 foward (Riewoldt or Macrae) or B4 (Tuohy, Mills or Loyd)?
    Tom Mitchell, Robbie Gray or Dusty?

DEF: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (stewart, Otten)
    MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, O'Meara, SPP (Barret, Pickett, Hibberd)
    RUC: Hickey, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    FWD: Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Roughead, Steele, Hoskin-elliott, Houston (Butler, Eddy)

105. BeaglieBoy says:

Have Barrett and/or Guthrie been elevated from rookie list yet?

• SCaddict says:

Haven't heard anything on Barrett yet. Not sure if Guthrie has officially been elevated just yet either but it seems a mere formality with Gregson on the LTI list and Chris Scott saying that Zach Guthrie is a strong chance to get named in the Cats extended squad tomorrow.

• @t_woof says:

Upgrade deadline for those two is 2pm Thurs #pray

106. the nank says:

Can everyone stop spamming the comments with the same cookie cutter team, you're ruining the community
    If you want feedback on your team look at every other comment on the forum

107. TigerShitMr.Jock says:

Crystal ball gazing stuff i know….but which stand alone mids at round 1. do people predict will be given dual mid/fwd eligibility by Round 6 ?? Cheers.

108. Dannyboy says:

serious players only please. I wanna keep it as competitive as I can. 868299

109. Vinny says:

Anyone actually going Gawnstein?

And thoughts on some rookies
    – Tom Lamb (WCE)
    – Jy Simpkin (NM)
    – Jordan Galluci (ADE)

Would appreciate feedback, started supercoach too late.

• kim says:

Dont bother with any of them, wont make much cash at all i think, Simpkin is the only one with decent job security but other cheaper options in the forward line besides him.

110. Spider says:

Thoughts?

Shaw / Laird / Lloyd / Marchbank / Hampton / Stewart (Otten, V-Willis)
    Danger / Parker / Jelwood / Treloar / Fyfe / Beams / Swallow / SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Atley)
    Gawn / Sandi (Strnadica)
    Dahl / Macrae / Nank / Steele / Taranto / Eddy (Pickett, Houston)

• Community Member says:

Were you on here last year posting under another name Burnmen?
        Your tone is very familiar.
        Anyways, the idea of this Community is that we help and assist each other as much as possible with constructive criticism and opinion.
        If you can't do that don't bother posting.

• sandni836 says:

Gawn downgrade to nank then Swallow to O'Meara? then pick up someone like Hoskin-Elliot in FWD? then pick up Gawn when he drops in price? just my thoughts.

111. Wowee says:

G'day community… If i have 2 emergency mids on the bench is the higher or lower scoring one used in the event of a donut?

112. Outatime says:

Suggestions please!

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Hampton, Ed VW, Stewart (Otten, Hibberd)

MIDS: Danger, Pendles, J. Kennedy, Fyfe, Steven, Beams, JOM, SPowellP (Barrett, Wigg, Pickett)

RUCKS: Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWDS: Dalh, Franklin, Roughead, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Black, Begley)

Was also looking at possibly including Petracca over Nankervis, I feel he is due for a big season this year. Thoughts?

• sandni836 says:

Teloar????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

113. Derek says:

i would go treloar over pendles and use cash to upgrade Greene

114. Jimbo says:

Thoughts on the wits/sandi combo in the ruck?
    Is it too risky?

115. Derek says:

the JR Community Rank Group already has 235 players, all going for overall rank glory.

click on link http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/gr

test yourself against the elite of the Jock Reynolds community

PRIZE: OVERALL WINNER – Free entry into 2018 INPieman's Cash league. Value $100.

• hedski says:

Nice prize Derek and Pieman, hopefully I'll take some of this years cashola, cheers.

• @t_woof says:

Thanks Derek. Joined.

• dannyyboyy says:

cheers derek, im in. im not in any leagues with ya this year yet. join one of mine if u not in 10 yet. 868299.

116. BeaglieBoy says:

McReeedie for Carlton looks likely to get a game for the Blues……an early game Defence rookie…..HOORAY

117. kim says:

Starting team look good mate, the difference between a good supercoach player and a very good player is experience e.g. learning from past errors (starting team and trades). Trading players will set you apart from your mates as long as you dont panic trade out your premos for 1 or 2 bad games in a row (i stuffed that up last year with barlow should have kept him).

And getting rid of rookie cash cows at the right time (most hold onto them for too long). This year may be tough with lack of rookies though so we may actually have to hold them for a little longer.

All the best for the season!

118. rosy says:

Jobe?
    I ask myself why has he come back after everything he's been through. He's aging. He's always injured. He's been labelled a cheat. They took his Charlie away from him.
    He could have easily walked away from it all and nobody would begrudge him and yet he's back. I think he's got a major point to prove.
    Probably wont make it past the bye rounds but do we honestly think he won't average 100+ and pack on $100k?
    He averaged 90's in the JLT with his TOG being heavily managed.
    Thoughts…

• Burnmen says:

I think you have a good point here, but even if he packs on 100K is he really worth using the trade out and then another trade in to a top 8 premo?

119. Vinny says:

DEF: H. Shaw, A. Rance, Z.Tuohy, C.Hampton, A.Otten, EVW (T. Stewart, Z. Guthrie)

MID: Danger, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe, D. Shiel, Beams, Swallow, SPP (Barret, Pickett, Parfitt)

RUCK: Gawn, Goldy (D. Cameron)

FWD: Franklin, Macrae, Roughy, Taranto, Miles, Butler (Houston, Eddy)

Have 129, 400 in the bank. Looking to use it on Marchbank if Def rookies dont play.
    POD in Middle is Shiel, would love thoughts on him?
    Rucks have gone with set and forget, Dont want in on all the Sandliands, Nankervis and Witts drama.
    Only Concern is Fwd being too light on Premos.
    Thoughts overall? Appreciate any type of feedback. Thanks.

• Sam_01 says:

Shiel although a good POD, would probably take Ward over him.. wasnt happy with any of my GWS mids last year though
      Fwd is light but what do you expect when your running Gawn Goldstien, the chance you have to take

• Vinny says:

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Will look at all options around shiel. Thanks

120. Kevdog says:

Def: Shaw, Laird, Lloyd, Marchbank, Hampton, Vickers-Willis (Otten, Stewart)
    Mid: Danger, Hannebery, Treloar, Fyfe, M.Crouch, Beams, Powell-Pepper, Barrett (Pickett, Hibberd, Parfitt)
    Ruck: Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica)
    Fwd: Roo, Dalhaus, Buddy, Nankervis, Taranto, Butler (Eddy, Houston)

I reckon I'm set on this structure. 164k left, thoughts ?

• sandni836 says:

Upgrade crouch? Loyd?

• Sam_01 says:

Like the set up, and like the extra cash should something go pearshaped very good idea. Like sandi said would only really consider a few possible upgrades with the extra cash but the team looks solid

121. Sam_01 says:

Alright community seems like the frantic team swapping will soon come to an end, would love your thoughts on the team
    BACK: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Hampton, Otten, V.willis (Stewart,guthrie)
    MID: Dangerfield, Parker, Treloar, Cripps, Fyfe, O'meara, Swallow (Powell-pepper, Barret, Hibberd)
    RUCK: Grundy, Sandi
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughead, Nankervis, Eddy, Houston (Butler, Miles)
    Tried to go a little bit different to most teams going one deeper and having pepperpig on the bench, Im a fan of the Parker and Cripps selections i think they will both have big years, should i be highly considering other premos in their place if not im thinking they should get the job done as well as any for a similar price. Also best two starting fwd rookies? 56k left over, would love to hear everyones thoughts!

• Vinny says:

Like the difference in midfield, maybe a bit too midpriced but then again its a hard decision with less rookies to choose from. Solid team!

• hedski says:

I think your short a mid there Sam?

122. BeaglieBoyy says:

Who are the highest possession winners in the mids???…..(looking at my Real Dreamteam lineup)….its possessions that count in that format, so it doesnt matter if you kick it 50metres backward to an opposition player standing alone in the goal square, who then goes on to kick the winning goal….you still get 3 points for the disposal….with this in mind I feel that Merrett, TMitchell Beams Danger and Treloar are must haves over players with good efficiency and who affect the game such as Pendles

123. Reminiscent says:

League code 748491
    All welcome

124. Big G says:

Def: Docherty, Rance, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (EVW, Guthrie)

Mid: Dangerfield, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Ward, SPP, (Barrett, Wigg, Parfitt)

Rucks: Gawn, Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Greene, Steele, Miles, Pickett (Eddy, Butler/Houston)

125. Andrew says:

Simpson Shaw marchbank Hampton Otten z Guthrie (Hibberd Stewart)

Dangerfield Kennedy Selwood Treloar Fyfe beams horlin-smith Barrett (powell-pepper Myers parfitt)

Goldstein Sandilands (Cameron)

Dahlhaus Franklin MacRae Roughead nankervis eddy (Pickett, houston)

Thoughts?

126. Hannah says:

JOSH KELLY, or ANDREW GAFF ? Very similar players in a few ways. Has Gaff reached his ceiling? Can Kelly improve enough? hmmmmm

127. James says:

Howe, Pendlebury, swallow, Gawn
    OR
    Rance, jpk, beams, grundy

128. Gene says:

Cant decide on my F6. Kayne Turner, Shoemakers???? Any other suggestions ladies and gents

129. gator59 says:

Have one more spot in my league .. code 909246… On Route '66 .. will be competitive

130. Simon says:

Community
    I have set up a late league with some heavy hitters …..Can I get some to join up to fill the league as I know with community members it will be super competitive…..Code is : 594091
    Thanks in advance
    Go Jock

131. Botswana says:

Nankervis or Roughead??? Winner takes my last spot.

• donald says:

if you have sandi in the ruck then nank! otherwise roughy purely be cause of his durability

132. nick says:

who are better options than caddy in the fwd line under 500k?

• Top Hawk says:

Perhaps Toby Greene at $492 K could be one worth considering. Cheers

• dannyyboyy says:

i have green, great choice. id even prefer petracca over caddy

• wombatsfc says:

Hi Nick all forwards under 500k are better options than Caddy mate, print a list and throw a dart if you can't decide.

• nick says:

haha, really didnt approve of his jlt and moved him on to jjk but after finding room to get beams at m7 I had to make a sacrifice, now im stuck!

• wombatsfc says:

The Beamer at M7 sounds pretty ominous mate where'd you cut corners

133. dannyyboyy says:

5 spots left in my league it should be some pretty fierce competition. 868299

134. Carl Ton says:

Know its late on but any draft leagues available to join for a draft tonight?

135. Randomcliche2 says:

NEW LEAGUE: mid priced madness.

Criteria: 13 or less players worth less than $250k.

League code: 517117.

All mid price maniacs welcome.

PS, someone running GnR should set that up…probably 15 players worth less than $250k, or a strict version, 16 players. Cheers

136. Sana says:

Looking for a league? Get on 912390!!

137. Mitch says:

G'day community,
    Thoughts?
    DEF: Simpson, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Vickers-Willis, Hibberd Stewart
    MID: Danger, JPK, JSelwood, Treloar, Fyfe, TMitchell, Beams, SPP, Barrett, Parfitt, Atley
    RUCK: Grundy, Sandilands
    FWD: Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Taranto, Pickett, Eddy, Miles, Houston

191,300 in bank so lots of corrections available early, even able to jump on a mid-pricer when they are confirmed to be good.
    Thanks guys, love ya work.

Thanks guys!

• wombatsfc says:

Spend some of your cash to get more guaranteed starters for round 1. Bench players who don't get games don't make $
      I don't think Barrett has been upgraded yet and Hibberd,Parfitt, Atley and Houston aren't guaranteed to play.

138. Toddgood1 says:

Pendles or Treloar????

• Top Hawk says:

I prefer Treloar personally. Pendles average might slip a little this year (A little past his prime now) whilst Treloar's is set to hit new heights because of his younger age. He is $40 K cheaper too. Just might two bobs worth.

139. SillySausage101 says:

Hey guys, would really love some feedback to my team, keeping in mind I still have 116,800k in the bank.

DEF: Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Vickers-Willis, Stewart)
    MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, O'meara, SPP (Wigg, Pickett, Hibberd)
    RUCK: Nankervis, Sandilands (Cameron)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Greene, Roughead, Steele, Taranto, Eddy (Miles, Houston)

140. The Ranger says:

Blimey…SPS got a guernsey.

• wombatsfc says:

He was always going to play if fit Ranger, the bloke is pretty special

• The Ranger says:

Looking forward to seeing him Wombats, hope he's as good as you say, we could do with another mid rookie.
        Is he going straight into your team or will you hold off until he's on the bubble?

141. Lesley says:

Would love your feedback community, bloody thrilled with how I'm looking!

Shaw, Adams, Howe, Touhy, Hampton, Otten (Vickers-Willis, Guthrie)
    Dangerfield, Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Taranto, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Mountford, Pickett)
    Nankervis, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Lynch, Higgins, Hoskin-Elliot, Florent (Butler, Eddy)

72k in the bank!

142. Shake n bake says:

Maric emg Nank fans will be happy.

143. Jason Di Staso says:

Hey fellas just after some comments advice about my team

Backs
    Laird docherty t adams marchbank hampton vickers ellis (otten t stewart)

Midd
    Danger treloar fyfe zmerret t mitchell beams omeara powel pepper (barret hibberd parfitt)

Rucks
    Nankervis sandilans (strnadica)

Fwds
    Daulhaus franklin t lynch (gc) taranto mccarthy houston (eddy j begley)

• Jason Di Staso says:

200 k in bank

• Jake.B says:

Replace McArthy he score d80 by sinking 5 goals.. he isn't gona sink 5 goals each week, looks like gets gonna score 30-50 consistently. Better options as he isn't a rookie?

144. Rucks are confusing says:

**Do you think Sandi or Nank and Grundy or Hickey or Martin**

145. daBombers says:

How many promises that you made last year have you broken already with your team??

Mine was no more mid-priced defenders ever again. So now looking at a 4-0-4 defence.

Taking my risks in other lines!!

146. Megan says:

D: Simpson, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Vickers-Willis (Ottens) (T. Stewart)
    M: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Hall, Beams, Powell-Pepper, Barrett (Pickett) (Hibberd) (Parfit)
    R: Nakervis, Sandilands (Stnadica)
    F: Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Greene, Roughead, Taranto, Houston (D Cameron) (D Eddy)

$212,000 remaining salary – which seems way too much left over, pls help!

147. Marvin says:

So it's going to be a battle to get all four of docherty shaw laird and Adams. Haven't seen any teams with all four but I'm really struggling to decide which three to go with and see the argument for all four. Adams is the last on my list but the idea of having a mid in d appeals. Of these four which one should I leave out and by? Cheers

148. Megern17 says:

M: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Hall, Beams, O’Meara, Powell-Pepper, (Barrett) (Pickett)(Parfit)
    R: Nakervis, Sandilands (Stnadica)
    F: Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Greene, Roughead, Taranto, Houston (D Cameron) (D Eddy)
    $17,700 salary left?

• Top Hawk says:

Hi Megern, or is it Megan? πŸ˜‰

Anyhow, just so you know, this is the best team I have seen to date. And I have seen plenty of teams. Trust me.

I love the Aaron Hall pick. That is a POD with turbo charge potential. At 519K, he is "on special" at the moment.

P.S I have him too by the way..

All your lines are really balanced without getting the "cookie cutter" tag.

Good luck!

Top Hawk

149. Soothsayer says:

Why has BlCk disappeared from everyone's teams, will he play round one?

150. Soothsayer says:

Aaaah Black that is

• Russ in W.A says:

I'm gathering not, but who knows?…he might, Sam Petrevski Seaton got named.

151. Soothsayer says:

Will Parffitt play? His DPP is attractive.

152. CoachDamo says:

Really worried about the forward line.

Besides Dahlhaus, really worried about consistent scoring. Macrae, Lynch, Kennedy, Buddy – so much fluctuation in their scoring. Is anyone having trouble selecting an F2?

• Russ in W.A says:

You'll be ok, fwd line hasn't scored that well the last few years anyway, you'll probably be thankful for a 90 average for this season at the end of it.

• Michael says:

Macrae should be consistent enough as he doesn't rely on goals and usually gets 25+ touches most weeks

153. Jarrod says:

Bont
    Treloar
    Cripps
    ??????

154. Jack says:

guys, what is the minimum you want a stepping stone too at least be making…100k?

155. Mr Cometti says:

Putting the call out to the community to fill the last 8 spots…

This will be the second year of the 'Dennis Cometti Cup' league (498450)

Whose side will be centimetre perfect to take this illustrious award?

Jump on board and have a crack!

Ok fellas thanks fellas (and ladies, thanks ladies)

Dennis

156. Scott says:

Shaw Adams Hartlett Marchbank Hampton Otten (EVW Stewart)

JKP Selwood Treloar Ward Fyfe Beams JOM SPP (Barrett Balic(loop) Parfitt

Gawn Sandi (Cameron)

Dahlhaus Macrae Ryder Roughead Taranto Pickett (Eddy Butler)

Thoughts??

157. Tony says:

thoughts on the upgraded Castagna???

158. Andy says:

Just confirming we can trade players (not Richmond or Carlton) after tonight's game and it won't cost is trades? So we can wait for the rest of the teams to be announced?

Cheers

159. Thomas says:

Hey guys, this is my team. Got 196k left over
    DEF: Simmo, T.Adams, Laird, hampton, Vickers – willis, Otten (Stewart, Guthrie)
    RUC: Grundy, Sandy (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahl, Lynch, Roughead, Hoskin Elliot, Butler, Miles (Houston, Eddy)

I am thinking about having Beams at M7 and SPP at M8. Is that too deep? Doing this trade would leave me with 82k left over which is enough for rookie adjustments. If i don't do the JOM to Beams trade, i am not sure what i would spend my 196k on. Thoughts?

• Mitch says:

North Melbourne have announced the EVW won't male his debut in round 1. Ive personally got both beams and JOM. A lot of injury risk but huge upside if they stay fit. It depends on what you're looking for. If you're after cash generation go O'meara. If you're looking for a potential season long keeper then beams is probably the go assuming they both stay fit.

160. Shake n bake says:

Macreadie to be a late in for the blues.

161. Rick says:

Can someone please explain, do we still have unlimited trades after the start of tonight's game (excluding Carl / Rich players obviously)?

162. James says:

Any serious super coaches out there wanting to join a competitive league. Still got a few spots left. Code: 282584

163. Sana says:

Taylor Adams. Is this bloke gonna manage 22 community? Ever?

164. Mitchell says:

Interested to know who's everyones predicted top 6 forwards will be come years end?

165. Mitch says:

Jock Community Only League – 699699

166. Vinny says:

Join my league. Only want experienced serious supercoachers πŸ˜‰ 752297

167. NickMacMan says:

buddy or caddy?

168. Ray says:

Would appreciate some help. The capitals are the players already played.
    Suggestions ar great. Do i keep both O'meara and Swallow and try to get Steele in there? Do i downgrade someone?
    Also would love suggestions on Rookies, I missed out on Butler who had a great game in FWD.
    Just wanting to get the right structure, thanks

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, MARCH, Hampton, Smith (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Mitchell, Beams, Omeara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, PICKETT, Hibberd)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWD: Dahl, McCrae, Roughie, NANK, Taranto, Eddy (Parfitt, Turner)