PODCAST: SuperCoach 2017 Midfield

Filed in AFL, Supercoach, Supercoach 2017, Weekly Podcast by on February 14, 2017 • views: 10774

Jock Reynolds Supercoach PodcastThe most formidable & arousing species of them all – the SuperCoach midfield BEAST

Today we pick the 2017 midfield apart with the fervour of a savage SuperCoach point hungry dogs. Simple as that, we hope you absolutely love the show as we crash into the beginning of the JLT series this week!

Looking forward to kicking the podcast around in the comment below folks – including Peter Higginbotham’s controversial “No Danger Zone”.

AS MENTIONED IN THE POD:

GET TO WWW.COACHKINGS.COM.AU - $500 UP FOR GRABS EVERY THURSDAY AND SUNDAY IN THE JLT COACHKINGS PLAY-AT-HOME SERIES!
THANKS TO OUR PLAY-AT-HOME SPONSORS FANTASY INSIDER FOR THEIR SENSATIONAL SUPPORT. CHECK EM OUT HERE – OR USE THE COACHKINGS LINEUP CRUNCHER BELOW TO HELP GET YOUR TEAM RIGHT FOR THURSDAY
THE TIME TO BUY YOUR 2017 JOCK REYNOLDS SUPERCOACH MAGAZINE IS NOW: SNAG ONE HERE

Now, find yourself a comfortable chair, kick back & enjoy the show!

Tags: , , ,

1. Clem says:

Great stuff guys, love your work and thouhts.

2. Mitch17 says:

Good stuff guys as always

3. SCaddict says:

Coach Kings Play at Home during the JLT. What a marvelous Idea Jock and Higgo. Your gifts of generosity to the community know no bound. Should reward those who have been comprehensive with their preseason research unlike myself ha ha.

Can't wait for Thursday night lads!

4. Jim_bob321 says:

Hey guys, what do u think of my team?

Def – Docherty, Adams, Laird, JJ, Berry, Newman (Ryan, Stewart)
    Mid – Dangerfield, Treloar, Sloane, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Foote, Powell-Pepper, Myers (Pickett, Graham, Freeman)
    Rucks – Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
    Forward – Dahlhause, Caddy, Ryder, Roughead, McCluggage, Bowes (McCarthy, Eddy)

Thanks!

5. Yakka says:

Love your work guys.
    Can't wait for coach Kings.

6. UncleSwaggy says:

Are there pictures of higgos jacket, i need to see ut

7. hedski says:

"Jizzin all over the sc landscape".
    Ha. Go Danger.

8. matthewgreen161 says:

Interested in your thoughts on this strategy.

Start with Gawn, Sandi and Witts at R3 with Strndica (sp?) at F8 to ensure loophole option.

When both have maxed out in price, downgrade Witts to rookie forward via dpp and upgrade Sandi to Prem R2 keeper with Strndica sitting at R3 all year for loophole.

• Tyruddanaut says:

There aren't any high scoring forwards so maybe an option like strndica for mid or back would be better. It might be hard to find but one but it will work better if you can

• Patch says:

Entertaining a similar idea myself Matt. Love the agile thinking. I'm not making a defining call on the strategy until we see both Sandilands in a match and know Witts has the #1 ruck role at GC by the scruff of a bloodied neck. If neither of those conditions are met, the plan goes in the bin.

• Kev says:

I had a play around with this idea today. For mine it's still 217k sitting on the pine. Even if Nicholls doesn't get up for round 1 he will feature early. If he was gone for the half of the year it might make me feel better about it. Already taking enough risk with Sandi

• Luskin Star says:

Good idea but my concern is that for less than 70 more you could go with Martin at r2, strndica at r3, eddy at f8. In doing so you save a trade and eliminate the risk of sandi breaking down.

• Nathan says:

I've had this set up for a couple of weeks now
      And I also see it as an insurance for sandi
      Witts avg 72 for 2 seasons sharing the ruck so I'm pretty confident he will make enough money
      Is also let's us see who the best 2 rucks are
      My r1 is Gawn and not sure who will be the next best
      But the down sides
      Will need 2 trades
      Sandi risk
      High priced bench who has never been sole number 1 ruck
      But at this stage this is my ruck setup

9. Rick says:

Community what are your thoughts on my team?

DEF: Doch, Adams, Laird, Shaz, Newman, Ryan (Stewart, Long)

MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Cripps, Fyfe, Swallow, SPP, Myers (Bolton, Graham, Ronke)

RUCKS: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)

FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Ryder, Roughy, McCluggage, Bowes (Smith, Eddy)

$6800 Left

Still not sure on Adams, Ryder and Macrae

• Eric_the_Red says:

A well-balanced team Rick. You should have a decent start to the year in my opinion. I'd love both Dahl and Macrae in my team, but it worries me having 2 top shelf forwards from the same team.

• Tyruddanaut says:

That 6,800 scares me. You won't be able to fix your team if if goes bust so fingers crossed

10. Danners says:

What a ripper boys! Can't wait to get into the play at home Coachkings. You have me tempted to not start Danger, but he did score 140, 229, and 155 against his first 3 opponents. Going in with a robust midfield consisting of

Danger, Pendlebury, Sloane, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, Swallow, Myers (SPP, Bolton, Graham)

Learnt from my mistakes last year and I feel the first six can average 105+.
    Also I have a league going for people ranked within the top 10k last year to try and have a crack at the Round 1 prize. Fling me an email at djk1410 dot dk at gmail dot com for a code.

11. Krups says:

Danger, Pendles, Selwood, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe, Swalow, Powell-pepper is my starting midfield

12. StevieD says:

Love effort guys put in for us the humble community
    So I thought I would make a league for the people here
    JR's friends and fam
    Code:563520
    All are welcome
    Keep up the good work jock, Higgo and crouching

13. Eric_the_Red says:

Mate that midfield will haunt my dreams tonight. I wish you the best of luck with it, but too many risky options and not enough solid options present there for my liking. I'd recommend downgrading 2 of Wingard, Heeney or Caddy to rookies and then upgrading 2 of Jack, O/Meara and Wines.

14. Rivo says:

Yet another great podcast gents! I wish I could see Higgos tan leather jacket and those tassels. I'm starting with Danger though. My PODs will be Sloane over Bont and JPK over Treloar. Hoping Swallow can generate enough cash to chase another premo in time for the byes. T-Mitch & Selwood still tempting. Beams scratched for now. Will see if he gets a run in the JLT.

15. SCaddict says:

Interesting No Danger Zone segment boys but sorry Higgo not starting with Danger will only result in constructing your own private Temple of Doom!

16. Betty says:

Hey jock if I ordered magazine today how long would it take to arrive. I live in melbourne

17. Winter says:

Thoughts on Sloane, don't think he was talked about in the podcast.
    Current mids are Danger, Pendles, JPK, Rocky, Sloane, Fyfe, SPP, Myers
    Still deciding between Rocky, Selwood and Treloar…. Changes every day

18. Jack says:

Finished 250th 2015 and top 1500 last year and would like some feedback on my side and some discussions
    Here's my side

Docherty, Laird, Adams
    Marchbank, Keefe, Ryan
    (Hibberd, doodee)

Danger, Pendles, Jpk, Fyfe
    Murphy, swallow, McGrath, Mccluggage
    (Powellpepper, myers, freeman)

Gawn, Goldstein
    Standica

Dahlhaus, McRae, Ryder
    McCarthy, bowes, Pickett
    (McKay, eddy)

Scared about Sandilands if he lines up round 1 then I'll take the risk but see how he goes

• Derek says:

I think a fit Goldy is the obvious R2. I need to see it first. That's why I'll be going with Sandi, give me some time and cash before getting Goldy, or whoever is R2.

Norf have a great second half of season

• The BONT says:

good team but there are a lot of dear rookies down grade a few to upgrade on to a premium

• Luskin Star says:

Strong team. Only suggestion would be to move McGrath and McBags out of midfield and into their other position. Whatever they score will be of more value in def and fwds rather than mids.

• BlakeyP says:

I believe you have gone a bit lite in the mids mate. An upgrade of murphy or swallow would be good. The best way to get the money for this change would be a downgrade or Goldy ( interrupted preseason) and one of the expensive rookies. Other than that team look great.
      Just my 2 cents

• BlakeyP says:

Also good work on the rank for the last 2 years, I have start a league and trying to get a high league rank and it would be great if you could come for the ride. League code 185765

Good luck with the year

19. Cooper says:

What about Jack Trengrove at 264,100 will he play and be any good just for a point of difference

20. Benjamin Bretel says:

Hey fellas just thinking about fyfe.
    has played an average of 13.8 games per season in the past 5 years at an average of 110.3 points not playing more then 20 games since 2011. If he does a play a full season he will average around 120 but a full season for fyfe is an 18/19 season. Fyfe will probably go into the season as one of the most selected players. When you compare these numbers to rockcliff he has played an average of 18.8 games per season in the past 5 years at an average of 110.4 . With a nearly identical 5 year average and rockcliff averaging 5 more games per season its intresting that one so many people are going fyfe over rockcliff. for these reasons i will be starting rockcliff over fyfe as a POD.

• Derek says:

Rocky is more likely to get soft tissue injuries, always seems to happen.

Fyfe has missed because of a broken leg and a big dead leg corky from little Sam Mitchell.

• Luskin Star says:

Ive got them both. The very high ceiling with both outweighs the risk in my opinion.

21. MorrowSC says:

Surely a horror movie featuring this team isn't far off.. stuff of nightmares.

22. Cooper says:

My Midfield at the moment is,

Danger, JPK, Trelaor, Rockliff, Fyfe, Swallow, Powell-Pepper and Myers
    (Freeman, Hibberd, Bolton)

Thoughts on getting Pendlebury in for someone I've got 100k to spend

Rocky will get injured

• jockreynolds says:

Don't mind the Rock – just makes my bog the pants when he's in there alongside a Fyfe & a Swallow.. risk a hoy hoy. Coops – personally mate I'd switch JPK – only coz he can start the season a touch slow

• Hutto76 says:

I reckon the captaincy will make him lift to yet another level. Fingers crossed as a Swans man. I'm seriously considering your man Geary on the same basis!

• Cooper says:

Thanks Jock I'm thinking of keeping rocky and swapping out swallow for another premium like the Bont or Sloane, what are your thoughts on Gazza to start the season or is that another huge risk

23. AMAC says:

Great PODcast fellas! Can't wait for Thursday to give Coach Kings a go!

24. Sam_01 says:

Community I'm faced with the dilemma of
    Pendles v JPK
    Absolutely love pendles lock him every year being a piesman! But going jpk helps out with a heavy Rd 13 bye as I have treloar, Sloane and Fyfe. This also leaves me with a bit of extra cash
    But can you really not start pendles!!

• Winter says:

Can you take both and cut out Treloar

• Luskin Star says:

Noah was in short pants the last time pendles didnt finish top 5. No debate in my opinion

• Sam_01 says:

Got to much love for each of these blokes done some rearranging and have gone swallow at m7
        They are both in lads

• Sam_01 says:

Has caused another dilemma thought is it better to go sandi with Ryder or grundy and a fwd rookie, fwd like would look rather slim with Roughead at F3 as all, and surely the point generating capacity of Ryder/sandi is better than grundy and a rookie!!

• fatboyfat7 says:

Had a similar-ish problem with the R13 bye in the mids. Result; No Fyfe… I'm aiming to avoid injury prone players as much as possible this year, got hit hard late last year when I was going very well and didn't have the trades to left to handle it. Saying that, still have Rocky and Swallow so go figure! Big 2 lessons learnt last year, avoid injury prone players and keep more trades for end of season!

• Derek says:

Cognitive bias at work. Listen to yourself. Take out all the risk players and have a look at your team, you can always change it back

• Sam_01 says:

i may just do that Derek! But taking these risks such as swallow sandi etc allows you to generate premium points and still generate top cash allowing you to charge up the ranks!

25. Dan says:

Danger is a set and forget Captain. Having this option is very underrated. Danger a must have.

26. hedski says:

$50k coming ur way Steeeve ;-)

27. Derek says:

Where is Zac Dawson?

28. TRIGGER HAPPY says:

100% heading down the highway to the Danger Zone.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one Higgo.

29. Caleb says:

Would love some thoughts on my team
    (Def) Docherty, Adams, Laird, McGrath, Scharenberg, Ryan (Newman, Stewart)
    (Mid) Danger, Pendles, Sloane, Bont, Fyfe, Swallow, Ainsworth, Powell-Pepper (Myers, Pickett, Hibberd)
    (Ruck) Gawn, Sandi (Strandica)
    (Fwd) Dahlhaus, Macrae, Ryder, Roughead, Bowes, Gallucci (Brown, Bolton)

Still tossing up between premium mids such as Gray and Treloar hoping for some help

• dashby1 says:

Hey mate I have created an account to comment for the first time ever to tell you Ainsworth is a genuine CLINT of a selection, I don't see him in their round 1 team and as a small forward rookie for that price he would have to dominate JLT to be considered. Eade has already said Bowes is most likely to play, also your plan to throw in gray to your midfield would give you 4 blokes missing in round 9. Apart from that I like it

30. The BONT says:

one more midfielder to get $635,000 who do i get

Already have Danger, JPK, Treloar, Sloane, Fyfe, SPP, Myers

• Jakob says:

Selwood

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Rocky, He's had the best pre season , IMO ,I have a firmness that he will smash this year

• Jakob says:

$600k a lot for someone with his kind of injury history.

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Risk / Reward – I believe his injury issues have been because he wasn't fit enough , anyway opinions are like bums ,we all have one ,cheers

• BlakeyP says:

Yes he is an injury. But best preseason in a long time, looking fit not the chubby guy from last year. Got a wake up call when he looked to leave Brisbane but no one would take him, so got something to prove. Lost the burden of being the Captain of a team that was being pumped most weeks, that can take its toll on a person. And last the giys cieling is up there with only Fyfe and Danger to compete with.

• Burnmen says:

Was adamant not starting with Fyfe or Rocky, then saw rocky in a picture and couldn't believe the transformation. Locked. Still not quite convinced with Fyfe though. I know that sounds backwards………………

Selwood or Hanners

31. Baldge says:

Good evening community!
    Love the podcast lads!
    All coaches welcome to join the Victoria cup 207377

32. gator59 says:

Trying to form a very strong League

Please feel free to particpate

On Route "66 .. Code 909246

33. Bear Grills says:

Does anyone know how to change your name against your team?

Ie instead of john – team name SC BEAST
    It can read bear grills – team name SC BEAST?

34. Timchief says:

Hi all, great pod as usual lads. What's the communities view on coniglio? Gws will win plenty of games and points must be given to someone.

Progressive sc average over past few years and averaged approx 28 disposals per game.

35. throttlefinger says:

As you boys say in the Outback, "A bottler!" Going to try to set the alarm early on Thursday morn so I can get in on some CK action…at least wake around half time so I can do some revving.

My mids so far: Danger, Pendles, Hanners, Jelwood, Fyfe, Smurph and 2 rooks. See if that changes any but concrete is starting to dry.

Can..not…wait…until…Thursday!

36. Luskin Star says:

Keep seeing Powell Pepper name come up. Am i the only one concerned about his poor disposal efficency?

37. Canny the Manny says:

Joel Selwood will not be selected in my team due to a severe reading on the flog-o-meter.

• John says:

That's good. He's in my team. Whether you think he's a flog or not is entirely your opinion. But he's a lock in my team. His early slow starts are a myth and Geelong have a soft draw early. Don't know if you can call one of the best players in the competition a flog but thats just my opinion.

• Derek says:

he is still in the top 8 midfielders. this could be his last year of uber output. he will be in my starting team

38. Nathan says:

Currently running with
    Hanners Selwood treloar Cripps Fyfe t Mitchell swallow and Myers
    Treloar Cripps and Fyfe are my solid locks
    Even with Cripps interrupted pre season I think he will come into the year ready to push for top10 mid

39. johnno2908 says:

Current team, tried to get 6 mids who can pump out the 130+ scores and even spread over the byes.

Any feedback appreciated. The Hunted v1:
    DEF: Doch, Adams, Laird, VickersWillis, Newman, Ryan (Ridley, Stewart)
    MIDS: Danger, Hannebery, Selwood, Rockliff, Fyfe, Titchell, SPP, Myers (Hibberd, Bolton, Jarman)
    RUCK: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica.)
    FWD: Dahl, Caddy, Heeney, Ryder, Bowes, Pickett (Smith, Eddy)

40. Gaveday says:

My team reveal is due today, but I'm pretty set on my team. I mean I made a lazy 4 changes already…….
    Treloar Rocky Fyfe Cripps Dalh Heppell JOM swallow

41. Budgie63 says:

Love the podcast as always, but it did get me thinking. Two oft used words that jumped from the podcast were STRUCTURE and RISK.

Structure; Most coaches seem driven by a predetermined structure and Higgo advises not to change your structure based on JLT. But given the uncertainty over many rookies; ie their roles, will they even play, we may find that we can't adhere to that predetermined structure. For mine all you can do at this point is assemble a short list of guns and midpricers you'd feel comfortable selecting. Once you've got more visibility on the rookie scene then you can begin to assemble a team. Rookies drive structure.

Risk; Much is made about avoiding the midprice madness risk and limiting your team to a minimum number of mid pricers, returning injured players or former premos. In line with my previous paragraph, what must also be considered is the risk taken onboard with rookies. If on the Thursday night before Rd 1 you have a team of rookie holes due to non-selection then unless you're confident of them playing very soon the risk of your season unravelling due to lack of cash generation must be considered high. The point here is that those with say a DEF 4-0-4 structure may suddenly find a weekly scramble to get 6 on the ground.

For mine, risk is minimised by selecting only the rookies who will play and have at least some sort of job security. Following that structure evolves and risk is mitigated with a suitable premo/mid balance.

• Derek says:

over this pre season i ve had nearly every structure possible. I've kept some of the good ones, so depending on the rookies i have a plan.

i have a bunch of rules i have used and tweaked over the past few seasons, the first one is: Start with the right rookies.

• neil Demons delight says:

Rookies are the easy bit Derek The last few years they sort themselves out even the 2nd batch are easy.What it depends on is research. I find my biggest worry is getting premos right and I fail miserably.God Rocky both twice even now danger and pendles locked then what I LIKE JPK JELWOOD HANNAS. and will probably get it wrong.given Fyfe M5 which two .I spend 8 HRS on this game daily mainly cause I love it and this community but its frustrating even Ryder F3 or Roughy. thinks I will chance Sandys health with a good warchest and go with the rough. cheers

I love your passion

Have another read of higgos article in last years winner. It will give you comfort that only 7 of his starting keepers finish the year

Early corrective trades, especially the premiums. Have a good war chest

Aim for high ceiling players to finish the season

• jockreynolds says:

Really enjoyed this Budgie – and you raise some EXCELLENT points here. A lack of MID rookies could really chuck the cat in with the pidgeons in the week leading into lockout.

42. Tuk Touk says:

Whos are the top 3 mids at GWS

43. Tommy says:

Great podcast lads. I'm tossing up over fyfe and treloar, can anyone help me here?

• Holty says:

As people say on here, risk vs reward. Rockliffs ceiling is much higher but is a huge injury concern. Treloar will more than likely be a select and forget as he is very durable

• Holty says:

Sorry Tommy, i have know idea why i mentioned Rocky. But you would still get the same response with Fyfe

44. Rivo says:

Ok guys. Midfield selection dilemma…

Mids currently:
    Danger, Pendles, JPK, Sloane, Fyfe, Swallow, SPP, Myers (Hibberd, Graham, Bolton).

JPK & Sloane at M3 & M4 or Alblett & Parker? Others?

• Kev says:

JPK/Sloane. Both Gaz and Parker have had injury interrupted preseasons

• Rivo says:

Thanks Kev. My brain is spinning over the options. Reckon JPK and Sloane are safe bets for 105+. Interested to know who your rollback mids might be if Sandi is a no show for season start?

45. Holty says:

Hi community.
    League number 798041. All welcome

46. YeahTheBoys says:

Just a quick question for the community, is starting with all 3 of T.Adams Pendles and Treloar too much?

47. Derek says:

I think i'll start with sandi and no cover. Just don't think Ryder will be top 6 forward this year. I'll keep $175k in the bank so i can either jump on the Witts bandwagon or straight swap R2 (depends on any price changes, but i will have enough to get Steph as a good option)

team as is (before JLT) V3.1

Simpson, Adams, Laird, Hibberd (norf), Vickers-W, Ryan, (Stewart, Ridley)

Dangerfield, Hannebury, Treloar, Priddis, Sloane, Fyfe, SPP, Myers (Bolton, Ronke, Cousins)

Gawn, Sandi (Strd)

Dalhaus, McCrea, Cyril, McCluggage, Knight, Pickett (Smith, Eddy)

$175k bank

Simpson seems like a POD, everyone has Docherty and i'm not sure about his role this year. Simpson is locked in.
    Adams has too much upside. A genuine midfielder with Def status at a good price
    Laird is in my best 22 and is the cheapest. Might even get some midfield time.

Hanners has more upside than JPK and will benefit more from TMitch leaving than JPK. JPK will be upgrade target.
    Treloar is locked into the midfield, he won't play anywhere else, where Pendles might. pendles will be an upgrade once i'm happy with his role.
    Priddis will go crazy with SMitch in the team this year, WCE have good draw
    Sloane just makes my best 22, but his run of home games makes his selection easy
    Fyfe was the first picked. Even if he cost $675k.

Cyril is my big POD. i've talked about him before locked.
    McCluggage is a dead set gun and will play round 1
    Knight is cheap and if he gets some time on the wing or midfield will be a good cash cow. (watch Turner as well)
    the rest are rookies.

rookies will determine everything. At the moment i've only got 3 rookies that i'm certain will play round 1.

• Holty says:

Nice team derek. And im saying that with the fact it looks nothing like mine. I like your pods in the midfield (all proven so no risks). Still find it to risky with Sandi but if he can get to those bye rounds without injury, you will be laughing. Priddis is in a nd out of my side as sharing the rd12 bye with danger and selwood. It is between selwood and priddis for that spot. Agree with knights although just cant fit him in my team at present. Good luck bud

Thanks Holty

I joined your league, saw a few other good players in there, will be a top league.

Still have a few places if anyone what's to take us on.

• The Ranger says:

That ruck position is the biggest dilemma for me Derek.
      I've not looked at his numbers but from memory Martin didn't go so well when Archie Smith played with him last year (albeit he might have been coming back from that May hit too) so I'm staying away from him until we know if he's playing lone wolf or not.
      I've decided to wait and see how many mid rookies appear. If there's three decent onfield options then I'll go with five keeper mids and Grundy, if there's not then I'll maybe run six keepers in the mids and drop Grundy down to Sandi.

I'm also a little concerned with trying to predict six keepers in the mids this year.
      With Fyfe and Ablett back and Rocky injury free it's harder than ever to predict the top eight mids this year.

• Derek says:

It is hard to pick the top midfield this year, especially from number 5 to 15, all good players. And at the end their averages are not going to be massively different, so what if Priddis averages 108 and Rocky averages 110, only 40 pts over the season. It is the reliability that I'm valuing higher this year.

I was burnt bad with injury last year, especially with premiums. this year, premium or not, injury early season they will be gone.

Im not a Martin fan, I think it will be Goldy or Grundy, I was just holding enough cash at start to get a Martin if I had to, hopefully not

• The Ranger says:

At one point I had Danger, Ablett, Pendles, Fyfe and Rocky in my team.
          I'd love to have the balls to start with them all but…

• neil Demons delight says:

Mind reader Derek refer to your last entry..Priddis is interesting slow starter what happened to JELWOOD great opening rounds and at the cattery agree with MCCLUGGAGE THOUGH last effort was poor and Turner good .

• I N Pieman says:

Sandi & no cover at all. That's going to be a very nervous couple of months!

• Derek says:

if I downgrade Simmo to Mills I can squeeze Jelwood in. Is M7 too deep ;)

team as is (before JLT) V3.2

Adams, Laird, Mills, Hibberd (norf), Vickers-W, Ryan, (Stewart, Ridley)

Dangerfield, Hannebury, Treloar, Priddis, Sloane, Fyfe, Selwood, SPP, (Myers, Ronke, Cousins)

Gawn, Sandi (Strd)

Dalhaus, McCrea, Cyril, Bolton, McKay, Pickett (Smith, Eddy)

$600 in bank.

• Keenbutclueless says:

Love it. Really ballsy and the best use of Sandi. Great job Derek

• Keenbutclueless says:

More I think about this, the more I like it.
            Let's say you need to give up the Sandi experiment in Round 3. You can give up any premo in the mids you like and bring in any premo ruck. You would still be able to go Murphy, Beams or Swallow if they are firing.
            Even if the Sandi experiment works, but you find a fall away in your rookies in Defence or Forwards, can also do a corrective at round 3 without weakening your mids (still at M6).
            So, to me, this structure gives the maximum reward for the risk of Sandi, and gives you the maximum flexibility to fix any early problems with structure. Obviously depends on rookies, but I really like this.

• neil Demons delight says:

Bad risk to take Jelwood at M7. D3 and F3 is a risk too great Derek imo particularly D3 where Adams and Mills are not uber premiums .Hit the reverse button as quick as possible mate.Mills a good D4 with Myers on field Selwood to best rookie cheers

• Keenbutclueless says:

Hi Neil. Have read a lot of your posts and I tend to agree with most things you say. I don't want to come across as argumentative, but I would like to make a few points.
            Mills as D3 versus Mills as D4. We should only select people at D3 or D4 if we genuinely believe they will be top 8 by year end. If we really believe that, then it shouldn't matter if we pick them at D3 or D4. The logical conclusion from what you say is that D4 is speculative or hedging your bets, so doesn't really matter if it comes off. Derek has posted many times that he thinks Mills is an absolute gun and has no doubt that he will be top 8 by Seasons end. The courage of that conviction should mean that it won't matter if it is D3.
            I think the greatest advantage of this structure is the flexibility to pull a corrective trade if it's not working. If you lock yourself into a D4 and F4 structure, it's much harder to fix. You have to find a like for like. You will also notice that he had enough DPP rookies to easily adjust if he needs to.
            It's a radical structure. It's way out there. It looks different to anything else we have seen. But it does have something. I just reckon that it's really worth giving deeper consideration before hitting the reset button.

• neil Demons delight says:

Hi Keen wont use your last bit because you are far from that and that's the beauty of this forum Keen Was just about to write how bad my judgement was when you next comment came up. You are so correct AND I hope Derek kept it, Your explanation has altered my views its actually a great move.Personally not going with Mills but Tmac but using DEREKS idea THANKS keencluey neil

• Derek says:

Mills will be a gun and close to top 6 defenders by year end. Until you see him up close, you don't realise how tall he is. I've seen him a lot at the Swans academy, my son is there as well, and he played 100% midfield and was so far better than anyone else it wasn't funny.

It was a pity he did so well in defence last year.

• neil Demons delight says:

IS ..the lad a fullforward like his old man Derek.its a wonder he is not into league. Great game mate and even though a vic been a paid up member of the mighty Eels for years.Might go well this year looking forward to our knew stadium apparently a ripper. Sorry this is an afl forum cheers might kick 9 goals 1

• Derek says:

Mills was a gun rugby player, can tackle.

Jump on the sharks bandwagon neil

• neil.DemonsDelight says:

Turn it up Derek Sterlo hayne pricey never forgive me sharks good enough though cheersDerek trying to work your M7 system very hard and small warchest

• neil Demons delight says:

like it DEREK but McCluggage and Knight for Bolton and McKay to raise funds needs tweeking as I pointed out to Cluey trying it i.e. going M 7 But like yourself Derek came up 100000 short .Solution is either weaker mid prem or like yourself cull high price rooks .To me Bolton McKAY Pickett Smith and Eddy wont cut it. I am going to keep trying but not at that expense.Sorry mate

• Keenbutclueless says:

Yeah. Feel like I have the same problem. Tried

Def. Adams Laird Mills Newman Hibberd Ryan (Stewart Long)
            Mid. Danger JPK Selwood Treloar Sloane Fyfe Titchell Myers (SPP, Williams, Ronke)
            Ruck. Gawn Sandi (Stnnnndk)
            Fwd. Dahl Macrae Caddy Pickett Bolton Cameron (Eddy Smith)
            I have 47k left. Gives me a bit to upgrade these rookies, but not enough at this point to feel comfortable. It's close, but I agree with you Neil, not quite there.
            Hate to say it, but if Danger or Gawn go down before the season starts, this comes right back into play. But I am not going in without them unless they are injured.

• neil Demons delight says:

got there but ..Pendles to hanna tick turner to Williams same team good kid even tmac to you guessed it Mills that's 30 plus 50 plus 70 enough to get my M7 BONT NOW MIDS LOOK LIKE ..Danger JPK Hanna Selwood Fyfe Kelly and Bont Kelly ave 90 2016 and imo D6 gives me flexibility in defence Got to look at it closely Unlike Derek forwards haven't suffered too much WILLIAMS for Turner thanks again both Derek and Keen and cluefull early days but likeing it cheers Neil DEMON DELIGHTS

• neil Demons delight says:

That's a great squad k.Defense solid good rooks ..MIDS as per Dereks Dream goes M7 good rooks Rucks fit D-D requirements FORWARDS 2 dogs Caddy dpp ah see your point Eddy/ Smith ok but ..pickett/Bolton/Cameron the weak link ..but you still have 47 k Cameron could be ok PICKETT could easily be upgraded leaving you only Bolton and who knows too early my 3 are Bowes Gallucci and WELL AH Poholke same risk just a tad better than Dereks but that's speculative still its a great move but like you would feel more comfortable with a decent bank Work in progress …cheers

• Leeds17 says:

Geeez it's hard to see MIlls improving that much in his 2nd season I know he'll get more mid-time but don't forget he'll lose his intercept points when that happens, he's only knocked out 2 tons at 102 and 104, his consistency is super impressive for a 19yrs though..

• Shake n bake says:

Haha those 2 blue boys down back frustrated you last year l think Derek good to see you start with at least one of them! My only difference l went Doch. With most teams ive seen on this site not to many like myself & you Derek share the same view on Hanners im starting with him aswell. Good team all the best mate.

• Bamsko says:

My concern with Cyril is that he hasn't played a full season since 2008

• SCaddict says:

Not sure we'll be able to talk Derek out of Cyril.

I can hear the hammy ping already followed by a tormented "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" posted on this site in fairly quick succession.

But I doubt anything can top his Lobbe disaster of 2016 though, despite numerous community warnings in the preseason. :)

• Derek says:

That seems to be a common thing. I'd like to know how many of the best 22 have played a full season in the last 3 years. I will research tonight.

• Krups says:

Maybe Gunston over Cyril?
      Love the Priddas pick

48. JerseyforHawks says:

Simply spectacular input, but perhaps a new low in podcast imagery. Giving new meaning to "Danger: slippery when wet'.

49. DonTheSash says:

Agree with Jock here, you can look at all the statistics you want but if you don't have a bloke who's churning out consistent 140+ scores, you'll fall behind the pace (especially in leagues). A viable captain option every week is priceless IMO.Never been out of my team.

Also community, my midfield is currently : Danger, Pendles, Treloar, Z Merrett, Fyfe and T Mitchell. Thoughts on Merrett?

Cheers.

• Kev says:

The big unknown for me is how Zerrett goes with everyone back. Only Stanton missing tomorrow night for Essendon's midfield so should get a good indicator of how he will go.

Make a call on him after JLT2 and 3

50. Clock Management says:

What a Wednesday, called in sick to work, listening to Podcasts while reading JR Mag.

Very good debate over Danger, I will be starting him but higgo and his jacket make a good point.

Danger + SPP = 140+60 = 200

Beams and Murphy have the capacity to score over this no doubt. But the valuable option that danger is for captain is too much to overlook.

Priddis has been a starter for many years for me and will again this year..

Robbie Gray is an upgrade in rd 10 for sure.
    A pod im considering for f4 is Jack Martin. Mark my words this kid is amazing.

Remember the year after O'meara lit it up everyone was saying Martin would be better.

They weren't wrong, this issue is his size, however he has gained 4-6 kgs over last year.

• Keenbutclueless says:

If you really feel SPP will only score 60, then you shouldn't have him on field, in my opinion. He should be a bench rookie only. if a key rookie like SPP is such a low scorer, then surely his job security is not great. It also raises the question if our expectations of our rookies are so low, is GnR as a strategy the right call this year? If it still is, do we modify it that we will be forced to consider more the higher priced rookies more than the lower priced based on job security and take less cash generation and slower to reach full premo? Does that then close the gap with mid priced teams.

I Guess this might be just nerves ahead of JLT because rookies usually emerge. Just musing on the possibility however that if SPP remains the best choice and we think 60 is his best output, do we reconsider structure? I remember Pieman's write up if SPP. It was one of the very first ones. He said that SPP was a bench rookie only. Given our structure, we all have him on field. Even Pieman himself.

Anyway, rambling now. Will just have to see what happens in JLT

• neil Demons delight says:

All the top rookies will be like that we just have to sort the good out. Already McGrath and McCLUGGAGE have had bad hit outs way too early to form an opinion at present. SPP Bowes Gallucci all look good..Thinking Roughy is too cheap to ignore JS is good and trained the house down tonight

• The_Hyphen says:

Just remember though Clock that if danger is skipper his score obviously doubles too so if he scores 140 and Pendles 120, then that's an extra 40 points danger grabs you which is where it's harder to pick up elsewhere. Not to mention if he drops a 200 which we've seen he's capable of how hard that will be to make up…

51. Lord Supercoach says:

DEF: Laird, Johannisen, Hartlett, Scharenberg, Ryan, Stewart (Newman, Berry)
    MID: Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Hannebery, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Heppell, Beams, Myers (SPP, Hibberd, Bolton)
    RUCK: Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Caddy, Bowes, Pickett, Eddy (Gallucci, Smith)

Looking at locking away as much midfield spots early, banking on Hartlett returning to form in the future. Myers to move to Dangerfield at a later stage once he drops price *Fingers crossed*

JLT series will be massive this year, play the kids and let us see their goods.

• I N Pieman says:

My Lord no Danger. You might need Myers & your best 2 rookies cash to get him in. Personally I'm not keen on that idea

• Lord Supercoach says:

As much as I appreciate Danger and all his beauty, my spider senses are tingling with that average he produced last year wont be replicated. As many different combinations I've replicated in my head, nothing lets me produce Dangerfield without killing the structure I wish to produce. My POD will be not having Danger in my team.

Between you and I though, Pendlebury may get scratched depending on certian circumstances and a Danger may appear prior to Round 1.

• Hart_attack says:

Question, if archie smith is named do you still go in with martin? I also have him. for what its worth i think the 3rd man up rule will make coaches employ a 1 ruck men strategy and martin is a big mobile bloke with a big tank ahoul be the goods

• LordSupercoach says:

I see only the stars for Stefan, he carried an injury last year and still produced good output. The kid is just built right. Look and leave.

52. Derek says:

Thanks K. Selwood is so in and out of team, it depends on what day it is. I took him out when I read about Sloanes home ground form, but like I said Sloane is just in my best 22 but maybe he isn't. There might be s but of Bias as I really don't like Geelong (it's a hawthorn thing).

The bye problem will hit most people who are starting with Dalh, Docherty, Gawn and a Syd mid.

I was/am very keen on Mills, will be 100% midfielder by the end of the year. In any other year he would be in best 6 defenders. I wanted to go Guns n rookies this year, but Sandi offers good value and a chance to have a look at Goldy and Grundy.

I do have $175k burning hole in my pocket, Knight may become Roughie

53. Buttonsticher says:

coachkings link not working for me. Anyone else having problems with it?

54. Hart_attack says:

Doc, adams, laird, keefe, ryan, newman, stewart, ridley
    Danger, pendels, jpk, treloar, rocky, fyfe, Myers, spp, hibberd, bolton graham
    Gawn, martin, sterndickn
    Dahl, caddy, ryder, bowes, black, pickett, Smith, eddy

22.2k

Lost faith in swallow, juat dont think he will get it done at this stage but he is in and out of my team, as is pendels. Something tell me he will toyed, with because of mr buckhead himself and will be an uograde target

Havent put thought into byes as yet either so im sure this team will change.

What do you think community?

• Clock Management says:

Don't need ryder as your not starting Beachlands, I reckon you will ditch Keefe after the JLT after you see his brillant scores of 50. other than that premos look good. Really like rocky pick

• Hart_attack says:

I guenuinely think that ryder will be a top 6 fwd playing as the #1 ruck and will come in handy for dpp.. at very worst there is very little risk involved as fwd line is fickle this yr.. but if roughy looks the goods hes likely to be in my team

• Leeds17 says:

Can't see him going under 90 and potential for 105, just his injury history worries me.. along with his bye.

• Hart_attack says:

What player doesn't come with injury history lol risk vs reward i guess, if he can average over 90, which i beleive he will easily, he should be a valid selection at good value

55. gator59 says:

Have one spot left to fill the league,, On Route'"66.. Code 909246.. It's going to be a very competitive one

56. T-mitch says:

I'm hoping to make a league that can challenge for top 10 league rank, I finished 103 overall last year and want a big challenge so if your keen and hoping to finish inside top 2% jump in

League code: 164927

• The Master says:

I'm in T-mitch. well done on finishing 103rd last year, I finished 552 last year hoping to get better. best of luck

• Holty says:

Fair effort t-mitch. Great work. I would love to join but last 2 years have been below par. Should let the experts in b4 me.

• Andos says:

Just joined T-mitch, thanks for having me! Been top 1% the last three years.

• Bombers56 says:

Just joined, finished 3,497 last year, not sure what percentage that is, so looking to improve this year.
        Peter

57. boogiewookie says:

Thoughts community??

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Ryan (Stewart, Long)
    MID: Danger, JPK, Sloane, Bont, Fyfe, Watson, Swallow, Myers (SPP, Pickett, Graham)
    RUCK: Grundy, Sandilands (Strndica)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Caddy, Ryder, Roughy, Knight, Galluci (Durdin, Eddy)

$98,800 left to tinker.

Treloar in for Bont? Not sold on Galluci … do like Watson at the price though – a premium with a point to prove.
    Anyway, those are the bones of my 2017 campaign (until 10 minutes before round 1 when I scrap the whole thing and start from scratch).

• Hart_attack says:

Id do it, i thibk theres a few question marks over bont with 3rd man up rule and tagging whereas treloar is a points machine and on my opinion coukd dethrone pendles as sc beast of the pies… i watched the game late last yr where he didnt youch it first quarter and went on to tear the game apart score 150, locked from that moment

But i think the watson call, whilst gutsy, coukd prove costly, new midfield brigade of the future will see him on the outer and possibly up fwd

• BlakeyP says:

Iam goin to have to agree with Hart Attack here. Treloar over Bont think less people will have him and he will score more overall. Watson is done as a premium mids. If you want someone in that price range I would take beams of fit due to his cieling or for 60k more you get Heppel who is going to.go up while Watson goes down.

58. Alf Busters says:

Hi community.
    2nd year SuperCoach player. Would love some competition. Please join my league. All welcome
    428842.

59. Tommo says:

Version 822 of my team lads so do your best and make me start again ;-)

DEF: S.Docherty, H.Shaw, T.Adams, M.Scharenberg, N.Newman, T.Stewart (E.Vickers-Willis, L.Ryan)

MID: Danger, DePendlebury, JPK, R.Sloane, N.Fyfe, D.Swallow, SPP, D.Myers (C.Brown, J.Graham, B.Ronke)

RUCK: M.Gawn, B.Grundy (L.Strndica)

FWD: JJK, Dahl, P.Ryder, J.Roughead, J.Pickett, S.Bolton (T.Smith, B.Eddy)

Do go easy on me lads, cheers

60. David says:

What does everyone think about Jobe Watson as an option ? Should average well over price.

• Clock Management says:

Yeah he will, but better options for mine. I won't have any midprices in midfield but if i did id take beams, murphy, Watson in that order.

Too many question marks, role? will he play more forward? Pass

• Jakob says:

No for me because i doubt he will be anywhere near a top 10 mid. He's 32, hasn't played in 18 months and will probably take a backseat to other Essendon midfielders.

• Danners says:

Won't be a top 10 midfielder though and there isn't enough cash to be made with him

61. One's Bowler says:

Am I the only one going in without Gawn and Danger?

BCKS Adams Laird Hodge Thurlow McGrath Sharenberg (Hibberd Ryan)
    Centres Hanners Parker Treloar Bont T Mitchell Swallow Myers Freeman (Pepper Berry Bolton)
    Ruck Grundy Sandilands (Strandica)
    Forwards Deleidio Caddy Motlop Ryder Roughead hoskin-elliot (eddy pickett)

Clownish? think it's a POD and their prices will come down? thoughts?

62. Krups says:

Steveeve mate come on. Are you on the rum cans bloke? Worst team i have ever seen on here.

63. Dave2008 says:

I have been tinkering like everyone and have two teams that I would love your opinion on. The rookies are in most cases placeholders you would think until after the pre season comp and teams are named. I’m not selecting Ryder until possibly after his rd 9 bye as I have set and forget rucks. I have 20/25/18 players available for the byes if they all play (very unlikely) so will balance this a bit more.

Team A
    D Shaw Adams Houli Keefe Scharenberg Ryan Hewett Long
    M Danger Pendles Sloane Fyfe Shiel Murphy SPP Myers Pickett Bolton Graham
    R Gawn Martin Strnadica
    F Dal MacRae Caddy Roughy Dear Hayward Rioli Eddy

Team B
    D Doc Adams Laird Keefe Scharenberg Ryan Hewett Long
    M Danger Pendles Sloane Fyfe JPK Witherdon SPP Myers Pickett Bolton Graham
    R Gawn Goldy Strnadica
    F Dal MacRae Franklin Roughy Dear Hayward Rioli Eddy

So it comes down to:
    Shaw Houli Shiel Murphy S Martin Caddy v Doc Laird JPK Witherdon Goldy Franklin

I have tried with team A to fit another premium mid in (Murphy) I didn't really want Shiel but couldn't afford any better. So I’m leaning towards Team B at this early point unless anyone can suggest otherwise?

Thanks!

• Sam_01 says:

liking the look of team B a bit better davo
      – Not sure on going both scharenberg and Keefe, could drop one to a cheaper rookie and bank 40k
      – Goldy has been managing a little bit of injury ive heard so could drop him down to the emerging grundy or big stef martin which will bank you 60-100k
      – Franklin being a key position player im sceptical about, seems caddy will get a run through the richmond mid and may be a bit more consistent scorer for you this will also bank up roughly 30k
      So now you have 180k in the bank (not sure how much you had left over) and could kick up Swallow in the mid! just some minor changes that probably wont hurt your point scoring but frees up a bit of cash!
      Not a fan of Houli or sheil! Murphy is a bit of a risk also in team A.You could drop murphy to swallow then upgrade both houli and sheil!

• Dave2008 says:

Thanks Sam!
        Yer if it works bye wise then I think Keefe and Sberg are both in Pies plans if fit. Goldy yes good point I think Grundy and Martin are the only cheaper rucks I would consider. Not too many options in the forwards are there! Has Caddy ever been a potential 100 ppg scorer? Yes that is a good option as far as team A. How is your team looking?

64. Derek says:

Where's Wayno?

65. Supercoach Spud says:

Backs=Doch,,Laird,Adams,Scharenburg,Berry,Ryan,Vickers-Wills,Stewart,
    Mids=Danger,JPK,Sloane,Gray,Shuey,Fyfe,SPP,Myers,Hibberd,Graham,Freeman,
    Rucks=Gawn,Sandi,Strnadica,
    Fwds=JK,Dalhouse,Ryder,Roughead,Picket,Eddy,Smith,Camreeon,
    Sloane or Pendles
    and doch or simpson
    help with any part of team and $53,450 in bank

66. Holty says:

Damn you community. I have been adament i will not even consider Sandi this year. I hadnt even tried him in any side id created. Then i start seeing some sides with him in and think, that doesnt look half bad. So in the last hour i have trialed some teams with Sandi and unfortunately it already looks better. I see him as only beneficial to my side if he gets me to the bye rounds. So community, who thinks he can survive until then?

• Anti-sandi says:

I reckon he's old and lanky and shit

• Keenbutclueless says:

Have a look at Derek's idea to go to M7 with Sandi. You essentially need a mid pricer in Def or Fwd to make it work. In Derek's case Mills at D3. It gives the ultimate reward for the Sandi risk IMO. It gives great flexibility in correctives. It does heavily rely on the cheaper rookies. But so far it's the best model I have seen using Sandi.

• Holty says:

Cheers mate. Having sandi has essentially given me someone who i think will give a similar output to martin but allows me to squeeze in kennedy into my forward line. Injuries have stuffed me last few years though so reluctant to pick the injury risks again

• BlakeyP says:

I believe it maybe a bigger risk not to go him at the moment. Have Ryder forward if sandi get injured swap out for rookie you dont have. Your not goin to lose with Ryder he wont drop in price and you have the well need back up for the big men that always get hurt or rested

• AMAC says:

Don't depair Holty…… Witts is here!

67. Tjd says:

Great work jock been waiting for this podcast :))

Hey lads how's everyones squads coming along? Just wondering has anyone else caught themselves up in the fact that they don't have much vary in which teams their players are from? I seem to have ended up with about 11 different teams in my starting field selection and have quite a few double ups in player per team including a 4 (Collingwood) – want it to be 5 with treloar but I understand that is probably too much. Is this the case for anyone else? Should this be a worry for me??

68. neil Demons delight says:

Maybe not even that long Hotly even 150000 increase would be great and if he fails I will flick a mid and get a swallow and Grundy Happy for him to increase whilst waiting for the better of Grundy Goldy or Steph Cheers Neil

• AMAC says:

150k is sub ultimate/optimum
      general theory recognises that a trade is worth 200K
      minimum effective appreciation should be 200K
      150k is close but reserved for rookies @ position 10-15

• Moustachio says:

Not sure which Supercoach Gospel youre gettin this stiff from, but it is not that often we get 200k out of rookies, certainly it is not the minimum. Regardless of the number, also remember that when you finally cash in a rookie, a large chunk of the season has already been played. So in terms of R1 dollars, the value of a trade becomes substantially less than 200k.

69. The BONT says:

D. Swallow or McCluggage

70. neil Demons delight says:

Havent seen Raj or the guy that nearly won except for that brilliant move of Nick R. cant remember his name. Both are exceptional at this and would welcome there views Come on boys give us your wisdom cheers Neil

71. wolfman1226 says:

BACKS : Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Scharenberg, keeffe, Newman (Stewart, Ryan)

MIDS: Danger, Pendlebury ,Sloane, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Gallucci , Powell-Pepper, Myers (Hibberd, Freeman, Graham)

RUCKS: Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica)

FWDS: Kennedy, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughead, Pickett, Bolton,( Smith, Eddy)

need some supercoach community wisdom cheers

• BlakeyP says:

You need another premo mid at least. Most people will be batting 5 with swallow or 6 prem through the mids. to get the money I would down grade Goldy due to interrupted preseason and bring in swallow. Or down grade Goldy and one of your premo forward and bring in a Premo mid.
      Team looks got but I would make one of those changes

• Burnmen says:

Looks pretty good, although a bit cookie cut.

Thin in the mids, although if say 4-5 guys out of your 6 mid rookies rookies get named round one, it could be a masterstroke.

I'd probably ditch Keefe myself, doesn't really score well. Best averages….

2013 (7 games) Ave 67.4
      2014 (18 games) Ave 61.6

So it might be a slow burn and crap on field scores. Will help you drop ranks and fall behind in general. If Hibberd is named you could run him in the back line instead, should score similarly and is cheaper.

Goldstein is having Knee troubles again afaik, signs the big man is breaking down, not getting him this year myself, until he proves himself. This seems risky but I'd suggest using a cheap ruck in R2 like Ryder/Sandi/Witts if you can. It will help other lines that are rookie heavy by eliminating one too.

• t-Mitch says:

I disagree with the above, I think it's the perfect structure, as long as we have all rookies playing it's the same structure I'll be using, which has had me top 200 2 years running, strictly guns and rookies with the exception of Roughead. I just have a couple different players, think your on a winner, good luck

• Kevan says:

I also have your structure wolfman1226, agree with T-mitch. Different premos, but close enough to full G&G.
      Def: Doch/Laird/McGovern/Scharenberg/four rookies.
      Mid; Danger/Hanners/Jelwood/Treloar/Fyfe/six rookies.
      Ruck;Gawn/Grundy/Strnd.
      Fwd;JJK/Macrae/Cyril/Roughie/Knight/three rookies.
      Bye round premos/0/4/4/5(includes Roughie).

• wolfman1226 says:

thanks for the input guys much appreciated

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Like Kennedy up front,looking at doing the same ,could in the be top 6 FWD IMO, not sure about Bont no 3rd man up now,Sloane might miss R1,good luck

72. Touk tuk says:

How does the community rate callan ward?

• Cameron says:

Had him last year, got super frustrated with his output when he got lost in contests with the all-star midfield raking points away from him.
      Not a top 10 Mid IMO, but worth could be an interesting POD

73. MC says:

Midfield is causing me the most stress this year. There are so many great options. I'm currently running with Swallow at M8 but that seems way too heavy and will likely change

• Derek says:

If money no object, who would you like in your mids.

Pretend we are at round 14 and the byes are over, your still a chance for #1. Who do you want in your mids?

74. BlakeyP says:

Got a league up and going trying for top 20. If ya keen feel free to join on code 185765. Welcome

75. zakvb says:

Def: Adams, Laird, Johannisen, Hurley, Keefe, Vickers-willis (ryan, long)
    Mid: Danger, Jpk, Sloane, Bont, Fyfe, Swallow, Myers, Powell-pepper (Hibberd, graham, ronke)
    Ruck: gawn, witts (sterndicka)
    Fwd: Dahlhaus, motlop, ryder, roughead, balic, Bolton (Smith, eddy)
    $282,300 left in the bank, not sure what to do with it got a coupla ideas tell us your thoughts
    Witts to a 450-500k ruck
    Swallow to premo mid
    Ryder and roughie to 500k fwds
    Or chuck in another mid pricer pod somewhere
    I know forward lines a bit risky but im keen on motlop
    Cheers let me know what ya reckon.

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Sloane looks he won't play R1due a facial injury,I had Bont but took him out as 3rd up in the ruck will hurt his output imo,I haven't seen Motlop in any sides ,ballsy but could be a winner but not for me, same with Witts but you have heaps of cash to rectify,probs too much,Cheers mate

76. Dave2008 says:

D Doc Adams Laird Keefe Scharenberg Ryan Hewett Long
    M Danger Pendles Sloane Fyfe JPK Swallow Witherdon SPP Myers Pickett Bolton
    R Gawn Goldy Strnadica
    F Dal MacRae Heeney Roughy Dear Black Rioli Eddy

Who would you pick ?

JPK and Montagna
    Or

Coniglio and Docherty

77. Stav says:

G'day Community. First time playing SuperCoach in about 10 years. In a pretty competitive league at work so thought I'd find an edge. Please take a look at my team for now and let me know your thoughts.

Docherty, Adams, Laird, Hampton, Ryan, Stewart (Scharenberg, Z.Guthrie)

Dangerfield, Z.Merrett, Treloar, Rockliff, Gray, Fyfe, SPP, Myers (Hibberd, Freeman, Graham)

Gawn, Grundy (Strndica)

Dahlhaus, Caddy, Roughead, Knight, Bowes, Black (Smith, Eddy)

5.6k left. Docherty could easily become Simpson. Not set on Merrett. Have been tossing up between Grundy and Sandi/Ryder. Won't bring in Sandi without Ryder. Feel like either way my forward line is my weakest line by far.

Cheers.

78. Fantasy_Wannabe says:

Hey Guys,

Quite new to this and basically am wanting a breakout year to setup my fantasy career for many years to come….

In the past I've had two eyes on making money and no eyes on who I field every week. Basically I need some tips so I at least start well.

Please note I keep changing my rookies as I guess we all will until teams are named for round 1. Also I'm aware I have a few mid priced. So here goes:

DEF: Shaw, Adams, JJ, Thurlow, Scharenberg, Hampton (J. Smith & L. Ryan)
    MIDS: Rocky, JPK, Fyfe, Watson, S. Selwood, Murphy, O'Meara, Swallow (J. Pickett & M. Hibbard)
    RUCK: Martin & Witts (D. Cameron & O. McInerney)
    FWD: Dahl/Macrae, Caddy, Touk Miller, Elliott/Roughy, Lovell, MCCluggage (Black & Himmelberg)

Thoughts please

• ThatGuy says:

Your team is very high risk meaning high reward. In my opinion, you need more certain premiums. Watson is risky for a premium, Rocky is risky. Perhaps look at adding pendles.

• Fantasy_Wannabe says:

Thanks. So my midfield is now:

Rocky, Danger, Pendles, Murphy, swallow, O'meara, Fyfe, SPP.

Bench Hibbard and Pickett.

Is that better?

79. The BONT says:

Hey Community how does everyone thik them team is looking

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Scharenberg, Newman, Vicker-willis ( Stuart & Ryan)
    MIDS: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, SPP, Myers, (Freeman, Graham, Hibberd)
    RUCK: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Caddy, Ryder, Roughy, Pickett, Bolton (Smith & Eddy)

• Fantasy_Wannabe says:

Do you needs both SPP and Myers? But I guess you are happy with your 6 mids for the whole season, and you have no cash left?

Backs lack depth.

Spare a thought on my team below… note my mid changes

80. Fantasy_Wannabe says:

What's everyone doing for Myers?