New team, New Opportunity to Rise from the Ashes?
Starved of opportunities and overtaken by Brodie Grundy at Collingwood, Jarrod Witts has a great opportunity to resurrect his AFL career at the Gold Coast Suns.
In his second and third year of AFL, he looked pretty good and showed potential of being great. However, the kid hasn’t received much good fortune. However, he can put this run to bed the upcoming year. Let us examine the Gold Coast Suns’ ruck stock.
- Dan Currie (has played a few years in the AFL system, but is injury prone and inconsistent)
- Tom Nicholls (inconsistent, injury prone)
- Peter Wright (more a forward than a ruckman)
Now, I ask, “is this stiff competition?” If your answer is no, then well done. He’s a cash cow.
THE 2017 JOCK REYNOLDS SUPERCOACH MAGAZINE. THE ONLY TRUE REFERENCE FOR THE SUPERCOACH ELITE - ON SALE NOW
|Games last season:||2|
|Average last season:||50.3|
|100+ games last season:||0|
|Sub 80 games last season:||2|
|Price range last season:||$393K|
|Missed games last season:||
PODCAST: EVERY 2017 TEAM PICKED APART FOR SUPERCOACH SIGNIFICANCE HERE
- Injury-plagued his season
- Only two full seasons in him
- Looking for a POD (point-of-difference)
- As an R3.
- Likely to nab the no. 1 ruck role at GCS
- Has some real upside
- No Buckley
- Prone to injury
- Likely to rack-up clangers (2-3 a game each season)
- Can drift in-and-out of games
- Low hitout to advantage (between 20-23%)
- New coach
— Jock Reynolds (@jock_reynolds) January 12, 2017
The SuperCoach Committee has given us potentially another Stefan Martin here. At the very least could accumulate up to $400k. May help us mid-season turn a mid-pricer into a Dangerfield. However, I wouldn’t dare pick him at R2. A wonderful bench option.
YES (only at R3) otherwise CONSIDER
|This article has been penned as part of the Jock Reynolds Community Series, where anyone from within our proud community can have their say in front of their peers. These men and women have displayed the spirit of togetherness, positivity and community that we value significantly.|
Jarrod Witts Community Poll: