RD21: The Heroes, The Villains & The Damned

Filed in AFL, AFL Fantasy 2016, CoachKings, Supercoach, Supercoach 2016 by on 15/08/2016 • views: 6875

Big Carl CoachKings Community

What a bloody ripper round of footy, Community.

West Coast, Geelong and Wester Bulldogs prevailed in absolute thrillers, while we saw some monstrous SuperCoach scores from the likes of Tom Rockliff, Dayne Zorko, Max Gawn and Luke Shuey.

We are now on the home stretch, with just two rounds to go. The majority of us are very light on for trades. But we just have to limp through these next two weeks to complete our seasons.

However, those still alive in their leagues have prelim and grand finals to win.

Hard to believe there are now only three weekends left to win a CoachKings contest and qualify for your Venue Final. Well done this week especially to Pixie from the Maroondah Sports Club. Here Friday night 1166 held up across the whole weekend and there’s $1000 coming your way Pixie!

There are an absolute STACK of opportunities to get qualified in to Venue Finals – see at the bottom of this post a list of venues which includes how many people have qualified for Venue Finals at each pub.

PIXIE GOES BANG

Thousand Dollar CoachKings Winner

REGISTER FOR COACHKINGS HERE FREE

The Heroes

Luke Shuey (179 SC)

As we look ahead to next season, we should be marking down this bloke as one to watch. If he continues to replicate the sort of form we have seen in 2016, he looms a genuine top-eight midfielder in 2017. While much of the attention was on Nic Nat’s last-second stunner, Shuey’s herculean performance should not be overlooked. His influence on his match was massive. Has a large ceiling and has now propelled his season average up to 106.

Tom Rockliff (159 SC)

Geez, I love this man. Rarely has there been a player who has the ability to post such impressive numbers in such a mediocre side. Had it 39 times as well as a massive 12 tackles and two goals. A majestic performance.

Dayne Zorko (151 SC)

Was a toss up between Zorks and big Max for the third spot, but seeing as though we have already talked plenty about the bearded one, Zorko gets the nod. His influence for Brisbane was arguably stronger than Rocky’s and he was particularly potent in the first half. Had 27 possessions at 81 per cent efficiency to go with three goals.  Fingers-crossed he retains his forward status in 2017. If so, he should be one of your first picked.

Honourable mentions:

Max Gawn (151 SC), Adam Treloar (148 SC), Dom Tyson (146 SC),  Lance Franklin (141 SC), Marcus Bontempelli (137 SC), Mitch Robinson (131 SC), Dan Hannebruy (131 SC).

The Villains

Jack Steven (78 SC)

Seems to be constantly switching between the Heroes and Villains segments, which is never a good sign. As I’ve said before, needs to find consistency if he is to elevate himself to an uber premo next year.

Jimmy Bartel (48 SC)

He’s getting a bit long in the tooth is old Jimmy, and this will probably be his last season. Still not far off the pace in terms of being a top six defender, but his old mate Corey Enright looks a much better buy at this point of the season.

Rory Sloane (77 SC)

Copped the hard tag from Tommy Sheridan and probably didn’t care too much as his team ran out convincing winners. But for the coaches who own the usually ultra-consistent Sloane, this result would have been disappointing.

Honourable mentions:

Daniel Rich (76 SC), Jason Johannisen (75 SC), Stef Martin (70 SC), Daniel Wells (67 SC),  Jack Viney (48 SC).

The Redeemers

David Zaharakis (120 SC)

To the coaches who have stuck by this man all season, I have to hand it to you, you are a loyal bunch. You have experienced plenty of lows from Zaha in the second half of 2016, so this outing was a little reward for your persistence. Helped by the fact he was not tagged for the first time in a number of matches.

Luke Dahlhaus (113 SC)

Had a slow start on his return from injury with scores of 71 and 83. But redeemed himself nicely with a classy outing against Collingwood. Has 31 touches, five tackles and 12 contested possessions. At the bargain price of $390K, is an absolute steal considering his FWD/MID eligibility. Playing primarily as a mid, expect more tons from Dahl in the coming weeks.

Scott Pendlebury (94 SC)

One of the most durable players this competition has seen. Looked highly unlikely to line up after last week’s injury, especially with little left to play for. But Pendles is not your average footballer. Got up for the match despite adversity, and pumped out a solid near-ton. Absolute legend.

The Prodigies

Rupert Wills (83 SC)

Another solid outing from young Rupert. Playing as an outside mid, his 16 touches were at an impressive 81 per cent efficiency.

Archie Smith (52 SC)

His scoring output was always going to be impacted with the return of Stef Martin. Playing together made both Brisbane ruckmen produce below-par outputs.

Sam Menegola (91 SC)

One of the most consistent rookies this season. It was a pity he got injured at the start of the year so we couldn’t make the most of his cash generation potential. Currently averaging just under 90 points per game.

Honourable mentions:

Jake Long (58 SC), Reilly O’Brien (48 SC), Jesse Palmer (45 SC), Ryan Burton (45 SC).

The Damned

Tom Mitchell (70 SC)

At the start of the season Mitchell pumped out two 130s in a row and many, including this writer, jumped on. At the time, the bloke looked like a pure ball magnet. But then he was handed a tagging role from “Horse” Longmuir, which has impacted his output since. Hasn’t been horrible, but he also hasn’t lived up to the tag of being a potential top-eight mid. For those still in league finals with trades up their sleeve, looks to upgrade to someone like The Bont or JPK.

Chad Wingard (32 SC)

Pulled his hammy meaning he is out for the remainder of the season. Not the sort of bloke you want going into the trenches with you for SuperCoach finals anyway. Has been a big disappointment this season.

Trent Cotchin (74 SC)

I’ve got a mate who has not enjoyed the best SuperCoach season in 2016, highlighted by the fact he has held Zaharakis for the entire year and then traded him this week! Usually an astute fantasy mind, I truly knew he had lost the plot when he started suggesting Cotchin was a viable midfield trade-in option and keeper. Of course, he was sadly mistaken.

Honourable mentions:

Sam Naismith (63 SC), Christian Petracca (57 SC), Matt Suckling (49 SC), Jack Gunston (46 SC), Mitch Duncan (42 SC).

CoachKings Venues with number of qualifiers:

VenueStatePostCodeQualifiers
Talbot TavernTAS700813
Hotel ValernTAS70096
Elwick HotelTAS70106
Beach Hotel (Burnie)TAS73208
The Waratah HotelTAS700021

Register for CoachKings here free

Over to you community – who were your heroes and villains this weekend, and what’s on your mind heading into Round 22?

WHAT SHOULD WE DO OVER THE OFF SEASON? COMPLETE THIS QUICK SURVEY

1. Alex says:

2583 had J Howe on ahead of Buddy and lost.

2. Chill says:

Playing for league. I have Gawn and Martin, opposition has Gawn and Goldy. Should I use my final trade: Martin > Nic Nat ?

• bUCKET__ says:

Wait to see if Stef rucks on his own first.

• Derek says:

i'm thinking similar. i know i should deal with Wingard first but i have bench cover. I have the Blitz at R2. Just not working out. think i'll use my last few trades to upgrade the Blitz

• Derek says:

i just had a good idea, i can upgrade Wingard to NicNat (via DPP) and put the Blitz on the midfield bench.

• JB_Tank says:

gold

• pod says:

Nice move. Blitz is has been a disgrace after winning B&F last season (some AFL players need to stay hungry to get the best out of them). Nic Nat has come back at the right time for SC finals, good luck Derek!

• Shake n bake says:

I'm thinking the same if Martin doesn't ruck solo he'll be traded. I have 3 trades left my mids are Danger Selwood Pendles Hanners Parker Cripps Slone Priddas & Shiel might trade Shiel for Bont who plays Ess.

• Beezneez says:

I also have 3 trades and my projected score was >2600 until Sloane and B Smith produced lower than expected scores. Also thinking of turning Shiel into the Bont. I used the "e" on Dahlhaus in game one and swapped Shiel with Macpherson who I used as Captain after having the "VC" on Gawn. I may also then swap Dahlhaus with Wells and trade Wells for Enright to replace B. Smith (DPP to Mid).

3. The Master says:

Great write up again Carl,_I am still alive for the finals and trying to climb the overall as high as I can for a PB._Currently sitting 763 , inside top 500 would be nice. climbed 100 places this week. 1 trade left for emergencies or luxury.

4. Millicent says:

I am pleased that I took the punt on trading one of my favourite Supercoachers and a player I picked in my first five this year, Pendlebury, for my hero this week, Rockcliffe, made him VC then Captain. I beat a higher rated SC team (who conservatively selected Pendles as VC and picked Dangerfield as C) but that is the luck of the game. Pendles may bite me on the bum this week? SC is fun when you unexpectantly win. This week's draw, for me, is not looking good for VC loop holing. Good luck everyone in the Preliminary.

5. Steeeve says:

What to do with Wingard? He was only my f7. But I do have three trades left. Tempted to just leave him there and use the trades when one of my premos isn't named. Thoughts?

• I N Pieman says:

At under 400k there isn't much to go to. You could downgrade him to Wills & make some cash perhaps. Wills is playing midfield & has produced 3 good scores. Also gives you DPP swing. In your situation with 3 trades I'd pull that move

• jezzahill says:

Definitely just leave him there if you have six premiums playing. Use your trades elsewhere if you need to. Dahlhaus is $400K this week if you don't already have him?

• Steeeve says:

Yeah got that little ripper of a bloke for a steal (cost me Jack Trengrove plus chump change) last week when he bottomed out. A few injuries might save my season yet since others will be light on for trades.

6. I N Pieman says:

Right. Have 2 trades left & still have Rich. Assuming no carnage at selection I might pull the trigger on Brand to a floating dpp donut & Rich to Docherty. Cats need percentage so I have a feeling Rich will cop attention. We all know when he does he turns to Daniel Shit

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Pieman u really need to get the blue defenders esp doc in your team.

• Derek says:

as i've said before, i can't watch carlton play anymore. even on the weekend they both had poor games (by recent standards) and still managed near 100 scores.

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Not tempted to use one of your trades on one of them?

I reckon the bunnies may have one or both starting in defence in 2017. 🙂

• Derek says:

i had Simpson all last year, but thought too old.

Docherty has been outstanding and will be close to lock next year.

I have Wingard and Blitz to deal with first this week.

• I N Pieman says:

I think Doch has played his way to D1 next year. The way Shaw has finished the season it will be hard to select him initially

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Agree mate.
                seems the likes of Wilson and Williams are sharing it a lot more and taking points off him.
                he is no longer the sole distributor.
                Mind u should be a lot cheaper than his starting price this year.

yep Doc is a lock at D1 for mine.

• I N Pieman says:

Your absolutely right about the impact Wilson & Williams have had. Shaw will start around 550k. Probably an upgrade target

• KYLE CHALMERS says:

Fair enough.
              Priorities.

Doc will be first picked in def next year for mine even ahead of Shaw.

• jezzahill says:

Docherty and Laird will be my first picked defenders in 2017

• I N Pieman says:

Only concern with Laird is his durability

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

yeah missed 5 games this year
                    when he is on the park he is fantastic.
                    think I will change tact next year and look at durable blokes who can go the distance.

• Steeeve says:

Same here, and hopefully Heater on the cheap. Hell I'll pay overs for him rather than try for a mid pricer again. Backline has to be pure guns and rookies next year after the trash dished up by Rich, Kade Kolo and Elliott Yeo this year.

• I N Pieman says:

Agree trigger. If the gods are kind at selection I will dispose of rich for the doch

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Gotta go all in this week no second chances.
          I feel the SC gods may have a couple of more curly ones to throw our way before the year is done and dusted.

7. TRIGGER HAPPY says:

I know you can't fit them all in and hard to go past shuey, rocky and zorko but I would like to also acknowledge the performance of the bont and buddy.

The bont single handedly got the dogs back into the game after half time taking the 3rd qtr by the scruff of the neck. Treloar who is a jet also racked Em up but for pure impact on a game gotta be the bont.

Speaking of impact on a game how about buddys performance? It was vintage buddy as he roamed up the ground, setup a number of attacks either by foot or a crunching tackle and when he was fwd kicked a lazy 6 to go with 28 possessions. Not bad for a fwd!

Votes will be interesting come Brownlow night despite Hannas and Parker dominating 3 votes must be heading buddys way.

• I N Pieman says:

Buddy did look in great touch. I'm considering him for the VC this week. Playing the Roos who he doesn't mind & once kicked 13 sausages for about 230 SC points a few years back. Ballsy but it's an option

• Millicent says:

That maybe my answer Pieman. Hell of a risk but he was one of my team that got me into the Prelim. I took a risk with Rocky last week and won, and got beaten the week before by my opponent putting the C on Gawn against Hawthorn which was also a hell of a risk.

• Boltons Blues says:

I need another beast effort by buddy the next 2 weeks, took a $20 multi and my last 2 legs are buddy for Coleman and danger for the Brownlow and the Eagles has 2 tougher games comparing them to the swans last 2, could run riot in tassie this week and hopefully we hear the magical THIRTEEN THIRTEEN
      1600 collect from a lazy 20 bucks would be nice come seasons end

• Derek says:

I think you are right with Dangerfield winning the brownlow.

Max Gawn is 150/1. Does anyone else a good eachway bet there?

• I N Pieman says:

Goldy had the most stunning season for a ruckman I can remember last year. Didn't get close to the brownlow. Think Gawn will suffer the same fate. Midfielders medal

• jezzahill says:

Given Goldy polled so poorly in the Brownlow last year I'd be surpirsed if Gawn finished in the top three this year.

• Boltons Blues says:

Agreed, although if your looking at wagering a couple of dollars Gawn is $1.80 for Melbournes most votes, good value.
        Multi it with a couple of other blokes to poll well for their teams and you can get yourself some decent value

• Pimpleshot says:

If it is not wet, Buddy could go berserk on in Tassie.

• I N Pieman says:

This is true Pimple. If there is ever a week to get the plumbs out, this is it!

• Boltons Blues says:

1 step closer to $1600
          But my bragging rights will take a hit, my opponent has Franklin, if he goes large I'm behind the 8 ball supercoach wise

8. Moosehead says:

I had a quick look at this week's AFL draw and for me, I do not have a standout VC, perhaps one of the Sydney trio?and Captain – perhaps Danger or Rockcliffe. What are you doing community.

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Depends who is named or more importantly who is not named so can work a VC loophole.

But all the big boys – gawn, danger, jelwood, rocky, zorko, bont play on Sunday so can't really loop any of them so will probably look at one of the fab 4 for the swans.

• Hitcharide says:

Love to VC Gawn and if not 80-90 at half time whack the C on Danger who won't/can't be tagged. The games are TWO hours ten minutes apart.
        What do you think? Cutting it too fine? Or take the punt with Buddy in Tassie. The Swannies will be keen for Buddy to kick a few.

• Beezneez says:

Going to do that one. VC on Gawn – keep an eye on the score with enough time to make any changes (Rockliff or Danger for captain if Gawn stutters.

• Shake n bake says:

Also watch if Robinson goes to either Selwood or danger!

I think he goes to Selwood. Not really possible to tag Danger. He's too quick

9. Blair says:

Whats the chances that Rocky will get tagged this week playing Geelong?

• JB_Tank says:

Would say a reasonably high chance. Scott has to figure out if S. Selwood can do a job for the team and there would be no better way to do this than sending him to Rocky. He spent a bit of time on Cotchin yesterday and did a decent job. Geelong keen to have a tagger as haven't been able to fill this void since Ling retired.

• I N Pieman says:

Extremely good point JB. Surely S Selwood goes to Rocky or Rich. If they want to challenging him it will be Rocky. My nanna could tag rich out of a game

• JB_Tank says:

Thanks Pieman – just a bit of Cats tragic knowledge. Our midfield has been lightweight and lacked accountability all season. S Selwood plus Menegola may potentially change that just in time for finals. We are still diabolical with our own ball use, but at least may stop the likes of S Mitchell running riot as he always does against us if S Selwood can get it going.

Also wanted to say that between you, Derek, Trigger and SCaddict – you guys have been amazing all season with advice and input for the novice player. This is my first season of SC and got to prelims in my 3 leagues and am ranked inside 4000…..I'm happy with that, but also feel like I now know the mistakes I've made just by reading what you guys have to say. Looking forward to 2017 already!

• I N Pieman says:

4K in your first season is simply brilliant. Would normally take 2-3 years at least to breakout to that level. Best of luck in your prelims. Best advice I can give is keep your cards close to your chest. Deploy your VC/Loops/Trades as late as possible so your opponents can't react. Consider the abuse you will get as a complement. I always do. Scott Selwood was recruited for the run with tagger role for sure. Menegola has been a revelation. I just hope someone can take the Hawks down. I'm sick of them. Would be great if the Cats could do it. Revenge for 2008

• Derek says:

Every Geelong fan i know can't get over 2008.

The cats have a few of guys in their midfield who have gone backwards this year. Blicavs, Guthrie, Duncan, Caddy, Motlop. They need to find something in the run home to challenge.

The hawks are not playing as well as they have in last couple of years, wide open for a team to hit form in the next few weeks.

• JB_Tank says:

And 1989 if they are old enough…. how different life would have been if we became winners that day and took that confidence into the 90s. Then there is the 2012 prelim, 23 points up at 3-quarter time… None of this will ever be rectified until we slay them in a grand final.

• JB_Tank says:

I would love a Cats win, but firmly in the "anyone but Hawthorn" camp… you won't find a Geelong fan anywhere that doesn't have a special place in their hearts (i.e. the bit that hates with a passion!) for the Hawks!

Sound advice on strategy… already taken a bit of abuse (beginners luck, my opponent saying how unlucky they were, etc)… love the banter.

• I N Pieman says:

I couldn't think of anything better than seeing the cats slay the hawks in a GF. I'm sure Derek would be first to agree

• Beezneez says:

Currently ranked 400 odd. Ranked 32 in my first year I can't remember the actual year but my team contained teh following young players all year: Buddy, Jimmy Bartel, Chad Cornes and of course, Gary Ablett.

• Derek says:

Thanks JB. Top 4k is alot better than i managed this year, well done.

• JB_Tank says:

More luck than good management I think….. Couple of good PODs like getting T Lynch and Sloane around the bye rounds made a big difference. But I also kept thinking the Carlton defenders would go cold…. almost too embarrassed to say I opted for Elliot Yeo at the same price as Docherty early in the season! Mostly I've just been lucky with injuries – just got to hope that holds for two more weeks as only 1 trade left.

• neil demonsdelight says:

congrats on your season well done Play the Dees last game probably best midfield going around plus a bloke called MIGHTY MAX GAWN .Good luck beating Maxy Please fellas I can have a little bit of liberty doesn't come around often for dees supporters unlike Cats and DEREKS mob the HAWKS

• JB_Tank says:

Well I was there at Kardinia Park last season when Maxy decided to show everyone how he could utterly dominate a game and carry the Dees to victory. I was sitting there thinking who the f*** is this guy and where has he been?! Well we know who he is now and I'm bracing myself again for Round 23!

10. Baldacci's dog says:

My villain are the projected scores. I realise the person organising this aspect hasn't a crystal ball, however the projected scores are often at least two hundred points out, not only last week but other weeks. This week it worked in my favour with my opponent's projected score being 2512 and he scored 2382 and my projected score was 2333 and I managed to scrape 2538. Trivial? Yep, probably.

11. Macktheknife says:

What has happened to Sarah who wrote a lot of sense in earlier posts?

• Derek says:

i know she is a big Crows fan, you think she would be Crowing

• jockreynolds says:

I was having a beer with her in Richmond just the other week! He's a ripper. I know she was up North this weekend in the red centre on holiday. She's been flat nackers with work as well.

• Hammerhead says:

• Macktheknife says:

Thanks for that info Derek and Jock. I am amazed how well you keep up with it all.

12. neil demonsdelight says:

Gawn 7 bogs and well up another 3 .Having coffee with him Friday well at his mums .Outside chance for Charlie but Watts yes Watts will take votes off him .Danger easily for mine

13. neil demonsdelight says:

Mitch Robinson always goes big against top teams yet tags.Swans CATS and Eagles big tons.Why is this especially against Jellwood

14. Patch says:

Lovely work mate. I copped another Dylan Shiel stain on the underwear this week and by gum these stains are becoming mighty uncomfortable

• I N Pieman says:

Only plays for 70% of the game. That's more than 1/4 sitting on the pine giving you donuts. Until that changes he's not a good option

• Redgumwon says:

I've got Shiel as well and he also turns the footy over to much

• Beezneez says:

I've had him since day one and he has been serviceable. But coming back from injury, I didn't expect much game time from him and his kick to handball ratio is why he doesn't score higher. I had to trade Libba for Dahlhaus to avoid a donut when Libba and Shiel were both out. and this week I decided to loophole him (Shiel) with Dahlhaus which worked well. Shiel is currently my M9 and I'm thinking of turning him into Enright and put B.Smith as M9.

• Danners says:

He was a stain in the underpant for me this week as well and now looks to have started to slow down as the season has nearly come to the end

15. zilla says:

Had Lycett on the field.. Thought he should have made amention… BOOOOOOOO

• zilla says:

Burnt me so bad, i am covered in third degree scars….

• I N Pieman says:

Shades of Gary Rohan a few years back. Gave away a free did then did his hammy for a majestic -2 final score. I remember Jock had him & wasn't overly pleased

• SCaddict says:

At least Rohan had an early 1st qtr injury excuse. Michael Johnson had a -3 last season too if you recall.

Lycett had 54% TOG so was nothing short of a disgrace. A major contributing factor to JR Brumby FC's dismal 2198 showing on the weekend. The Chad's hammy going TWANG didn't help the old fella out either.

• I N Pieman says:

Had The Chad a few years back. Quickly realised his position was on the pine as a loop Mid/Fwd. Now he's lost the DPP he's useless. Lycett 2 from 54% game time is one of the all time great spud performances

16. jockreynolds says:

Gday all – we're looking at keeping on with the podcast over the off season – would be sensational if you could fill in this quick survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5LF27GQ

• Chill says:

Horse racing supercoach? yessssss

• JB_Tank says:

Horse racing supercoach……. serious arousal! What a significant off season development that would be.

• jake says:

Huuuuge fan of the cheat sheets Jock!
      We love the rookie cheat sheets prior to round one each year! – its a huge help 😀

xoxoxo

• pod says:

Agree jake, probably the most sought after piece of pre season info for any serious SC.

17. Millicient says:

Jock and Big Carl.
    Most footy supporters enjoy or have enjoyed playing SuperCoach although for a number of reasons it is on the decline and CoachKings is not for everyone.
    One ugly matter that must be addressed and that is the elimination of cowards that attack using a false name. Last week someone attacked Buckley and it was not good reading.
    I seek help occasionally when I am stuck and I do receive some good ideas.
    I am sure there is a solution and I hope that you can find it.

• Derek says:

very good point. I play EPL fantasy and the website i get my chat and info from require a login before any comments can be made.

• I N Pieman says:

Agree. Member log in would reduce the trolls

• Redgumwon says:

Have log in and maybe a few moderators that can clean up some of the trolls rubbish comments

• SCaddict says:

Yeah it's way too easy to troll here. Authenticated accounts would really nip most of that in the bud along with banning the IPs of recidivist offenders.

Won't completely eliminate it but should greatly diminish the frequency.

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Mill. Ripping point mate. Generally I check the comments a few times a day but struggle to keep up and sometimes come across some shockers a bit late. Next season we need to amp it up and check more regularly

• Juzzy says:

Also need to address people using other peoples names and making obscene or in-approprriate comments. This happened to me last week and unfortunately people think its me making these comments.
      Pretty ordinary

• SCaddict says:

It's one of the reasons I use my intensedebate account … to avoid impersonator trolls. 🙂

18. Lachy says:

3 Trades… in the semis, should I trade out Ward for someone like Sloane or JPK?

• JB_Tank says:

Ward has Freo at home this week…. surely a dream opponent and therefore a great POD to keep him. Maybe next week vs North if you still have luxury trades.

• I N Pieman says:

Whilst it may succeed its just as likely to leave you in a the foetal position. Ward is a premo. Get rid of a spud if you have surplus trades

19. Jack says:

I have three trades left, would anyone reccommend using two of them to turn Rich into Rance? Rich is really the only player I have that isn't a premium (Toby Greene probably isn't either but has been good lately).

• I N Pieman says:

I have rich & 2 trades left. I'm planning to use both to turn him into Docherty. This is subject to selections Thursday

• Jack says:

If it was one trade to get him, in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure if I'd prefer Rance and one trade going into a granny or Rich and two trades!

• I N Pieman says:

It would be 2 trades regardless of doch or Rance. Would prefer doch at the business end Jack

• Jack says:

I have Docherty, Simpson, Shaw, Boyd, Laird and Rich

• Derek says:

do you have Collins or someone else on bench you can upgrade instead seeing you need to make two trades?

20. shemmistwarehouse says:

very tempted to rage trade gunston what a joke!

Can you loop him Shemm?

• I N Pieman says:

Keep in mind Hawks play pies next week. Ben Reid has been put out to pasture, his obvious opponent. Can't think of another pies player that could stop him. In your position id hold any any trades you have for a donut

• shemmistwarehouse says:

na cant loophole, ill keep him but damn im worried about third place! hahaha

• I N Pieman says:

Lol don't be worried about second! You've got Buddy, give him some VC thought mate. Risky but worth a thought. Blame me later if you do & it spuds up. You have the C to fall back on. Your a man of research & look at his Tassie history against Norf

21. Paulie Walnuts says:

Is anyone concerned that Bartel might be rested this week considering they have the Lions away ?

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Enright this week. Bartel has had his rest.

Good point trigger. Distinct possibility

• Redgumwon says:

All sides have a week off before finals. I expect both to play. Enright had a rest earlier on in the year as well

• Leeds17 says:

Personally I'd be more worried about him being dropped, has been horrid the last 2 weeks.

22. Richard says:

Held back on Dahlhous & Houli ins last week ( idiot ) but have no choice this week their IN

23. Don't Blush Baby says:

Wingard out for Dahlhaus or Zorko – over 100k difference but Dahl has the Bombers & Dockers ?

• I N Pieman says:

At this stage of the season DBB forget about price. It's who you think will serve you best. Personally I'd favour the bloke with a soft draw, playing finals & trending upwards in his last 3. I'm nervous about a Lions team playing a cats side desperate for top 4. If I was Chris Scott all you need to do is stop rocky rich & Zorko

• Don't Blush Baby says:

Cheers INP,similar thinking just needed a re assurance , I can go Dahl easy and still keep 1 trade without painting the fence to get Zorko

24. rick says:

Lads in a bit of a sticky situation, I have ,made the prelim which is great, but concerned my opponent this week has the wood over me in terms of team strength etc.
    I have one trade left and am thinking of going Wells to Dahlhaus, am happy with how the rest of my team sits.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated, cheers

25. Don't Blush Baby says:

VC & C look tricky in a crucial week, its always good to land the VC early and loop.

Thoughts on Priddis v Hawks,Any Swan v Roos, Dusty v Saints, Pendles v Suns

It's a log jam on Sunday, good luck to those who nails big on the double points this week

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

If Paine is not named thinking of going sloane as VC into rocky/gawn.
      So many good choices on Sunday.
      A plethora of options.
      If Paine gets a gig will be one of the Sydney boys with wyatt the VC loop.

26. Redgumwon says:

I was thinking with going VC Big Maxie again and going with J Selwood or Danger as Captain. Both could go big against Brisbane?

• I N Pieman says:

Buddy or Max for mine into Rocky Danger is the way to go if you can make it work

Like it

• TRIGGER HAPPY says:

That's gonna be tight. Have to be on your game to make that one happen.
      Do u have a non player loop from the final two games to make it work?

• Redgumwon says:

Very tight it will be and the loophole will depend on team selection on Thursday.

27. Juzzy says:

Oh Man …
    Not only has this idiot pinched my name again but he has set himself up on Millicients thread about the exact topic before posting some more stupid rubbish.
    Mate, put your dads scotch back in the kitchen cupboard. Get a good nights sleep before school tomorrow.
    I love this site but I am getting a bit sick of guys like you taking cheap shots to ruin it for everyone else.
    Logins sound like a grand idea to me right now.

28. Juzzy says:

Good advice
    I don't know why he picked my name to troll off but it is becoming boring

• jockreynolds says:

Blocked him now mate sorry about this

• SCaddict says:

Sign up for an intensedebate account Juzzy like Jock, I and others use. It's free and only takes a few minutes to set-up and then we'll always know who the real Juzzy is.

It also allows you to edit your comments which is really the main reason I use it. Preventing troll impersonation is just an added bonus ha ha.

29. Southern S says:

My team bombed to top 19% (2300-ish) from top 1% (2450) last week. Such is supercoach life I guess.

Still managed to make it into 5 out of my 9 league's prelims thanks to my previous score so all is not lost yet.

• Juzzy says:

Good luck in your prelims Southern.
      Hopefully the name stealing kid has gone to bed.
      Yourself, Derek, I Nuts etc have been a wealth of knowledge this season.
      Good luck to you all.

30. Billioux says:

Hmm. Totally agree re login concept. I flagged it mid season.Have not posted much since. Tux cops it to much re trolls. U r a good lad Gray.. stick with it. For wat its worth i got to 27th early,alas fell away. have learnt my lessons. Still 8/10 prem finals to come and money league alive. Thanks to the good guys on this site. Buddy VC. Chad,Stef out and Dhouse and nic nat 4 me. Trades out.

31. pod says:

lol you're not wrong. Bartel has been a late season disaster, I think that beard is impeding his vision!

32. Jack Fraser says:

shiel, hall or wells out for dahlhaus, last trade. or should I hold

33. TRIGGER HAPPY says:

Just checking the scores from the weekend.
    What happened to dusty?
    Was flying and looking to score big finished under 100.
    I guess like the tiges come to a complete halt in the last qtr, went awol and couldn't get near it?

• JB_Tank says:

The Tiges hardly won a clearance in the last quarter and when they had the ball they were stationary, trying to chip it around and play for time. A strange approach that just invited Geelong on to them and not the type of defensive style that plays to the strengths of someone like Dusty.

34. matt says:

what to do with bartel..
    im at full premium but looking to change a few that arent performing..

one being bartel possibly

team is

shaw bartel enright laird simpson docherty
    pendles danger hanners parker sloane rockliff neale priddis
    gawn goldy
    martin franklin greene montagne zorko merret

is there anyone i dont have that i should be getting – bontempelli, rance, gibson, dailhaus to name a few

ive got two trades left.. $90000 in kitty so pretty sure i can swap any player for a decent player in form.

would love your help and thoughts community.
    thank you..

• pod says:

Maybe trade D7 up to good loop player (if D8 non player) who's on Def pine?

• matt says:

got collins as my d7

• matt says:

not exactly ure how to do the loophole.

i have got no good cover at all in any position

• Derek says:

who do you have on your bench. If you have a couple of reasonable priced players, you can paint the fence and get a non-player DPP plus dalhaus – who is still only $400k. gives you loophole options with dogs playing last game next 2 weeks

• matt says:

dpp? duel position?

• matt says:

bench mids are trengrove stewart macpherson
            forward bench is silvagni and phillips(pies)

so silvagni is my best priced there

• pod says:

To bring in Dahl (leaves no cover in Def.)
              Collins OUT – Broad (Rich) or Cole (WC) IN
              Stewart OUT – Dahl IN
              This leaves Phillips as your swing player – you can swap Phillips & Dahl between FWD & MID.

• pod says:

Trade from your bench players a mid price spud or rookie player from the MIDs or FWD line that's worth at least $310K+, upgrade to Dahl ($400K). Use Dahl this round as your loop player between your FWD (D7) or MID (M9) players. Dahl plays Sunday so is ideal for a loophole. An important thing to remember is the loophole player must be a later round player to be able to utilise him.

To use the loophole play successfully, you need to identify an early round player (Fri night, early Saturday) from FWD or MID that may score below par, he might be suspect on form or might be easily tagged out of a game. Place the suspect player on the bench with the E on him.

Next, place any late round (preferably Sunday) non-playing rookie or spud on the ground as if playing. Dahl should be also placed on the bench without an E on him. After the (early) game has completed, assess if the suspect player (who's on the bench with E) scored enough. If he didn't score enough then it's time to use your loophole player (Dahl).

Swap the non-playing rookie or spud that's currently on field with Dahl. Now you will get Dahl's score and the suspect player becomes an Emergency. You might need to adjust a few non-playing DPP's around between the FWD and MID to get the desired set-up.

• Derek says:

only problem is his best upgrade option is Collins at $322k in DEFENCE.

next year remember to have plenty of DPP swing sets in your team. You should have as a minimum a FWD/MID swingset and even better if you have a MID/DEF.

• pod says:

You're right Derek! I assumed he was carrying in the Mids, I posted an alternative option. I also agree with your advice for matt re Gibbo, it may be better to hold one trade if possible. Decisions decisions..

• Derek says:

thats a pretty good team.

Only tinkering i would do;

Greene >> Dalhaus

Bartel >> Rance

• JB_Tank says:

Upgrading someone on your bench to Dahlhaus might give you a nice loophole option MID/FWD. E.g. I'm not sure Pendles is fit so if you have a non playing MID you could stick the E on Pendles and if he doesn't fire, swing Dahlhaus on field. Your defence is very strong overall and Jimmy will sort himself out before the finals. He did get cleaned up early on Sunday and that may have impacted him during the game. He made a lot of uncharacteristic skill errors. With the Cats playing Brisbane this week, worth another chance.

• Derek says:

you could do one trade, Collins to Gibson. Hawks play friday, put him on bench with E, if he does good, put bartel on bench and take Gibson's score.

if you don't mind using both trades, you could trade Trengove & Silvagni >> Dalhaus & (Any non-playing DPP). This gives you great bench cover plus opens up your MID/FWD swing set. They all play on Sunday this week so you can see how your players go before hitting the trade button.

35. murray says:

Hi Community
    I am in two money league prelims and have 2 trades and 149k left
    I am considering 2 trades to help my chances of winning

Firstly my team is
    Docherty, Shaw, Rance, Laird, McVeigh, Bartel (M Brown Collins)

Dangerfield, Pendles, Hanneberry, Parker, Jelwood, Ward, Priddis, RGray (Menegola, Wills, Trengove)

Gawn, Goldstein (Loersch)

Martin, ZMerrett, Zorko, Montagna, Lyons, Dahlhaus (Silvagni, Phillips)

I can go LYONS to FRANKLIN and
    COLLINS to SIMPSON as my final two trades (I would probably have Bartel on the bench)

What does the community think of my team and these two trades? thoughts welcome and good luck to others is prelims this week

• pod says:

I'd trade Lyons to Buddy, hold 1 trade

Lyons to Buddy a no-brainer

• murray says:

Hi Derek, do you really think that,
        I mean I know that whilst Lyons has been handy (ave 100 last 5rnds) I consider Franklin as more dynamic and can produce big scores like the 141 last week, however can produce some low scores, hence the risk> Lyons is probably more consistent. Regarding Simpson, I have put off time and time again but cant ignore his great season and need to get him and Bartel has gone cold and cant be relied on. That is why I am considering these trades. I dont want to die wondering! if I did not do these trades

Agree with pod & Derek

36. The Ranger says:

Really not sure what to do this week, I'm in the prelims in my three leagues and should go ok but obviously wanna maximise my chances.
    I have three trades and 18K left

Team is…
    Shaw, Simpson, Enright Laird, Bartel, Rance – Collins, Austin
    Danger, Hanners, Pendles, Parker, Sloane, Rocky, Priddis, Ward – Phillips, Keays, Stewart
    Gawn, Martin – Lycett
    Dusty, Dahlhaus, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Hall – Petracca, King

Keays is the obvious one to trade down for funds but what to do after that?
    Any suggestions?

• SCaddict says:

You have an impressive side Ranger. Really your only weak links are potentially Stef and Jimmy given his current form. Assuming you have no major outs (like maybe Enright getting a rest on a Gabba trip) I'd probably make an 'upgrade' to one of those two other guys.

In particular if Archie Smith plays again as expected I'd probably move Stef on for either Mummy, Goldy, Grundy or perhaps even NicNat. Of course there's no guarantee this won't backfire in some way but I think that it would likely improve your side for the final fortnight.

• SCaddict says:

I guess another move you could consider is Wells to Zerrett given North have a killer remaining draw vs Swans in TAS and then @ GWS.

• The Ranger says:

Thanks SC. Zerret, NicNat and Doch are the ones I'm looking at over the next two weeks but I'll probably have to pick just two of them.
          I'm leaning toward Martin – NicNat (assuming Smith is named) and Keays – rookie this week which will leave me one trade and some cash for next week if all goes well.

• SCaddict says:

Yes he's probably your weakest link. Although I'd probably keep him if Smith gets dropped but that seems very unlikely given that Leppa wants to develop the kids.

Just be a little wary that NicNat's last round score was greatly boosted by his game winning freak goal. On the flip side he SHOULD dominate in the ruck against the Hawks this Friday. Either way I reckon he's an improvement over Stef.

• Derek says:

NicNat played 101 mins last week which was very ebcouraging. The week before was only 72 – first game back. he does only average about 84mins per game compared to Gawn & Goldy who are usually around 104mins

• I N Pieman says:

I agree with SCA on perhaps moving Stefan on. You certainly don't want Lycett playing for you as well given his current "form". If you can get Goldy or Nic Nat who will be on a massive high after last week that's the way I'd be heading.

• The Ranger says:

Lycett was really good for me up until last week but that was a shocker eh?!
        Rohanesque!

• I N Pieman says:

Lycett & McGovern have joined Rohan in the SC Hall of Shame! Add Greg Braighton for getting injured washing his car. And perhaps Jemery Howes frisbee

• SCaddict says:

Grundy also has to be considered who has averaged 106 since his Rd13 bye. He has a very attractive last fortnight in terms of direct ruck opponents in GC and Hawks.

• The Ranger says:

Yeah I hadn't really looked at him but he's going along pretty well eh?
          Thanks for that SC.

• SCaddict says:

Not a name many coaches would've thrown up at the start of the season but he hasn't scored below 90 since his bye and does have that appealing remaining draw.

The big Mummy is also another ruckman in great form in the back half of the season if you look at his scoring. Does have tougher H2H ruck match-ups than Grundy in the final fortnight (at least on paper) but he should still score well nonetheless.

Both legit options to consider at the very least along with NicNat and Goldy if you're planning a move on Stef.

• murray says:

Ranger, I would be looking at getting in Docherty and Franklin. Trade out Collins and Petracca and Phillips

• The Ranger says:

Thanks Murray. You don't think the ruck position is more of a worry?

37. murray says:

Why have so many people traded out Pendlebury this week? He played last week and will be better for that run.sure he will come back strong

• SCaddict says:

I'd be hanging on to him for sure with GC on the menu up next. A VC possibility too if you have a Sunday loophole like Trengove.

• I N Pieman says:

Only 76 brave souls have done that so far this week. Playing against the Gold Coast at home that could seriously backfire

• pod says:

I hope not !! but agree, it's bizarre to trade out a ultra premo when named to play

• Joseph says:

Crap. It depends on your needs. I traded Pendles who I had all year for Rockcliff and made him Captain giving me a win. Sure, no Pendles this week but still have Rocky. Pendles ankle still ordinary like his ribs were earlier this year.

38. murray says:

Hi Community
    what has suddenly happened to M Brown from Ess, two tons and has jumped 70K in last two weeks and BE of -12
    Has his role changed??

39. Paul96 says:

Hey community. First year doing supercoach, sitting around 2700 and in the prelims for my money league. I'm fairly confident that I will knock over the guy in prelims but my potential finals round will be very close.

Got two trades left and a slightly worrying midfield situation.

Have: danger, pendles, hanners, parker, neale, Sloane, cripps, gaff.

In previous matches against the potential final opponent it has came down to Gaff v Priddis and I have usually just scraped by due to the performance of other POD's. However Gaff's recent form hasn't been great, while Priddis has lifted his game.

Is it worth this week going: Gaff->Dahl, Ill have 116k in the kitty

And then next week, swapping Wells into the forward line and purchasing Rocky/Priddis so I have a better chance come grand final time.

Any advice or suggestions would be great 🙂

40. Stevo says:

Genius Karl. Down to 1 trade & $36k. While I have bench cover, have Rich D6 and Gunston crap on the weekend. Do I trade or hold?

I.e. Rich to Houli or Gunston to Buddy?

41. Tommo says:

Thoughts on going Motlop or Greene to Dahl? Whichever one I trade, other will be F7. I have 2 trades left