Flesh for Fantasy – Preliminary

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on August 21, 2014 • views: 1067

The Great Mr CrimminsG’day community,

Carnage. Absolute carnage. Like every season, you had into finals with a few trades up your sleeve to prepare for the odd injury. But no way can we prepare for the outs this week, and these outs are handy point scorers on their day.

Those in a preliminary final have been dealt a dodgy hand, but take solace in fact your opponent will be crippled too. If you’re going for the outright win, it’s a bloody crap deck you’ve been dealt – but push on, there may be someone higher ranked worse off than you.

Let’s try salvaging some of this mess.

GET HIM IN

Harley Bennell (GCS) MID – $489,700 SC

• Next 2 Games: ESS (A), WCE (H)
  • Recent Scores: 110, 93, 35, 115, 99, 144
  • Breakeven: 50

While the likes of David Swallow and Dion Prestia have totally withered under the pressure of no Gaz, Harley Bennell has stepped up to help fill the void somewhat. He was excellent on the weekend, despite the loss – gathering 27 touches, 2 goals, 7 tackles and 144 SC points. It also looks as if he’s back playing that role I think suits him best – high half forward roaming through the midfield. That 35 against the Brisbane Lions is merely an outlier and should be ignored. Given GCS really haven’t given a yelp in about 5-6 weeks, don’t take the last two into consideration – back Bennell to have a good finish to the year before going BANG! in 2015.

Matthew Jaensch (ADEL) DEF – $474,500 SC

• Next 2 Games: NM (A), STK (H)
  • Recent Scores: 103, 78, 101, 103, 117, 92
  • Breakeven: 75

It’s been a topsy-turvy fantasy year for Matthew Jaensch. He’s in, then out, then in, then out. Now he’s back in for the final 2 games of the year. Despite the pain he caused both pre and post injury, it’s been a very handy 6 weeks for Jaensch. Behind Harry Taylor and Pearce Hanley, is one of the form defenders in SuperCoach. He is back to his old ways – collecting 20+ touches and taking 5+ marks as that running half back. His most notable game in the past 6 weeks was the 117 against Brisbane – which included 25 touches, 5 marks, 7 tackles and a goal. Good think about Jaenschy is that his kick to handball ratio is heavily in favour of kicking. Also, look at his opponent in the final round – St Kilda. If Adelaide need a big % booster to make the 8, guys like Jaensch could have big days. If you need a defender, form is everything in finals and Matthew Jaensch is your man.

Devon Smith (GWS) FWD – $461,000 SC

• Next 2 Games: COLL (H), WBD (A)
  • Recent Scores: 89, 115, 134
  • Breakeven: 27

I won’t lie; forward prospects look grim so you may need to look at players outside the box to get a nugget. Devon Smith’s last 3 weeks have been sensational and with less than 1.7% of coaches, he could be the man to win you a final. His game on the weekend, albeit against a hopefully Melbourne side, was the best of this little purple patch – 2 goals, 31 touches, 10 marks, 5 tackles for 134 points. He is playing as a high half forward running through the midfield, and killing it. Smith also had a big game against St Kilda earlier in the year, so that final game v the Dogs could win you a flag. Collingwood this week will be like a grand final for GWS, so who knows, with their tails up could be another big performance. Worth a punt.

GET HIM OUT

Going to do ‘Get Him Out’ a bit differently this week. Because there are so many missing or in doubt, I’m going to give a breakdown of who will miss this week and who is in doubt. Prepare yourselves, it’s carnage.

Out this week

• Steve Johnson (GEE)
  • Dyson Heppell (ESS)
  • Josh P Kennedy (SYD)
  • Dayne Beams (COLL)
  • Michael Barlow (FRE)
  • Brent Harvey (NM)
  • Callan Ward (GWS)
  • Ben McGlynn (SYD)

In doubt

• Nathan Fyfe (FRE), pending appeal
  • Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
  • Jimmy Bartel (GEE)

• Patrick Dangerfield (ADEL) 125 BE
  • Nick Dal Santo (NM) 153 BE
  • Dom Tyson (MELB) 130 BE
  • Nathan Fyfe (FRE) 166 BE
  • Aaron Sandilands (FRE) 125 BE

PUB TALK

Unfortunately, I’ve had to close the Pub for this week. However, tweet me at @Mr_Crimmins and I will try address any questions you may have.

Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

The End is Neigh. Get The Important Supercoach News Here:

PODCAST: The Wrath Of The Fantasy Gods

Round 22 Supercoach Prices And Breakevens

Round 22 Supercoach Scouting Report

1. Crowmagnon says:

Thanks Mr. C but I've now got more cash than I can burn, so I'm getting in 2 out of Priddis, Sidebum and Lewis but cant decide which 2. What are the communities thoughts? Who would everyone else get with 1.4million to spend?

• Gilly says:

Pridis and Lewis for me, I have Pridis been very consistent and Lewis is in a rich vein of form. Steele will nearly be the main man and probably a good chance to get ” bugged”

• Tman says:

Priddis definitely. I prefer Sidebum to Lewis. Though cannot conjour up any meaningful reason why.

May want to look at Slone or Greene.

• Remy says:

I would bring in Priddis and Lewis. A little surprised they weren't listed as 'GET HIM IN' options

2. Jordan says:

OMG EVERYONE LIKE MY COMMENT PLS.

THUMBS UP WOULD BE APPRECIATIVE.

Cheers guys like for a rate. Will do all if you just mention my name "Jordan" in your status below

3. Remy says:

Thoughts on D. Swan?

• Crowmagnon says:

I wouldn't. for around the same cash you could look at the likes of Caddy or Bontempelli. These guys at least have some form.

• Remy says:

Fair enough. Just would be interesting to see if he could bang out two huge weeks to end the year. It will be interesting to see where he plays with Beams obviously gone for the season.

• PkMn Trainer Jimmy says:

No Beams could mean more midfield time. Very risky but has some merit and could pay divedens

• Jambo says:

He scored the second highest of all the Collingwood players last week. I think absolutely, if you want to take a punt. He will likely feature in the midfield especially with Beams gone for the season. Good option.

4. Mike says:

What about Rory Sloane as a midfield option for Pendlebury?

5. Tman says:

Going to trade out Beams and Barlow. Keeping with Mcglynn and Pendles in the hope they play this week or at least next week. Only cover is McGovern and CrispyJ.

MIds: Rock, Jelwood, Libba, Sloanne, Priddis, Pendles, Barlow, Beams (J Crisp)
    Fwd: S Martin, D martin, McGlynn, Franklin, Parker, Danger (McGovern)

Thinking left Swan, Greene or Cotchin? Any suggestions. Thanks.

6. Crowmagnon says:

I'd go Cotchin before Swan. Cotchin"s form has been ok, but I say go Green out of those. After all it is time to put the Cajones on the line!

7. Sean says:

Will Crowley go to Hanley or Rockliff?

8. LJB says:

Can afford anyone with my last trade. should I bring in Rockliff for beams?

• OzSonic says:

It's a tough one, he'll get the hard tag. I've brought him in. My opponent already has him so if he has a down game it'll even out. If he has a blinder then I've broke even. I'm not putting the C on him though.

9. OzSonic says:

Brought in Rocky and Priddis. Thought about Watson instead of Priddis.

Got Harvey's spot to fill next week which will be my last trade, covering with Cameron (ADE) thought about leaving Fyfe there for a week and get someone in next leaving Sheehan as cover. Crunching the numbers this should net me more points than bringing in an unreliable forward.

10. Daniel says:

Does a Backline emergancy that is a midfielder also be an emergancy for the midfield too??

11. Saintly 74 says:

Greetings Community

Down to my last two trades and was thinking of trading Fyfe to Priddis and Beams to R Gray so that I can bolster my forward line. I would be happy with both trades except that I don't have any bench coverage in the ruck or fwd line (I can swap L Taylor and Honeychurch if required). Do I go with the first option or should I change one of the trades to enable coverage in the ruck or fwd line.

Any thoughts/comments much appreciated.

• Jambo says:

Trade Fyfe to Priddis yes. I wouldn't trade Beams to R Gray. Already heaps of players have him already. How about Harley Bennell or Devon Smith?

• Saintly 74 says:

Thanks Jambo. Only went for Gray because my opponent doesn't have him and he is capable of scoring 130+ like he did last week . He is also a DP which could be valuable if I lose any players in the forward or mid this week or next week. Not sure about the consistency of the other two although Smith likely to have a field day against the Pies.

12. James says:

Harvey, beams, fyfe,kennedy. 2 trades left.

season over.

may as well start for next year

13. _____________ says:

Need to trade out Dayne Beams, have $36,800 plus his value (in total $630,600), who should I get in?