The weekend chinwag – are you winning?

Filed in our teams, Supercoach, Supercoach 2014 by on July 19, 2014 • views: 1364

Jock Reynolds - The Father of Fantasy

Happy weekend community

This split round can go and get stuffed, and if you’re like me you’ve already burnt a trade to cater for the Sandiballs / Ben Brown outages. Bloody hell.

How are you coping out there community?

1. BCHawks says:

Not really happy with Murphy's 104 because 90 of those points were in the second and third qtr, Anyway still deciding whether or not to bring in Caddy for Shenton. Probably won't make my decision until the last second.

• throttlefinger says:

Your gut seems to be screaming that trade, BCH. Might want to listen. Makes sense to me. (said the man who has 0 trades with Shenton and hoping Hartung makes the field)

• BCHawks says:

Yer I am leading towards doing it. Wow looking at your team now in the league (Finding Bootsma) I can't believe that you have run out of trades and still have 1 rookie on field, what happened?

• SCaddict says:

Well if it helps I decided to make a similar trade by upgrading Shenton on my midfield bench to Sammy Mitchell. With the likes of Honeychurch and Shenton dropped and Hartung and Charlie Cameron still coming back from injury I've pretty much exhausted all my bench cover now.

As I already have Dangerfield in my middle and Stef Martin in the forward line it effectively means Sammy Mitchell can cover virtually all 4 lines! The only players he can't cover in my entire team are Malceski and Murphy in my backline not being DPPs.

With still 6 rounds to go there was just no way I was going to get through unscathed without some sort of quality bench cover and with Mitchell covering 20 of 22 onfield players the choice was obvious to me.

• BCHawks says:

I liked the trades that you made really gives you decent cover. I had planned on getting Mitchell in for Shenton this round for cover but injuries made in not happen. How many trades are you down to now?

• SCaddict says:

Yes Mitchell is actually covering Sandiballs for me this round. I'm just down to one solitary trade now.

I'm trying to hold my head above water presently being 6th in the donor league right now but will need a heck of a lot of luck to hold that spot for the next 6 rounds obviously.

• SCaddict says:

If you are going to ditch Shenton this is the round to do it.

With a BE of 111 and copping the vest again he's about to lose a pile more cash. Who knows if we will see him again this season only getting a call up today to replace the Saints late out.

Decisions decisions hey!

2. nick says:

had murphy, boomer, docherty, mcdonald, swallow……….lowest score was 92 so can't complain as need a win to stay in 8………………….thinking of sandi to mumford

3. Mike says:

Does anyone think miles could outscore murphys 104

4. RooBoy says:

Looking at either Mitchell or Simpson to complete my DEF.
    Did anyone see the game last night – Simpson seems to have come back into form or does he have a new role now Walker is out?
    Who would you choose and why?

• BCHawks says:

Well you can't trade in Simpson now until then end of this round so I would go Mitchell but if you are doing the trade after this round I'd flip a coin

• RooBoy says:

Thanks BC,
      It'll be likely after this round. Just seeing how I go towards the league win this round first.
      I'm probably going to take a punt on Langford (trading out) with a 32 BE going up more in price than Mitchell.
      With only 3 trades left anything from left field this round might mean I go neither of them.

• jockreynolds says:

Same – I reckon you cannot overlook Mitchell at this price with his proven consistent output history

5. The_Darwin_Ducks says:

my defense is
    D. Swallow, (K, Simpson), J. Bartel, P.Hanley, C.Enright, S. Mitchell
    I can loophole Mcdonalds score of 93 on for one of these boys but unsure of who or whether i should just stick to my guns.
    Thoughts?

6. Col says:

Do I sub Harry Taylor or Jaensch for McDonalds 93, or neither

7. Lekdog says:

Had murph as vc, didn't takes loaned score last week and suffered. Planning on going with jpk as captain though… No trades this round I don't think

8. jack power says:

As frustrating as the holding the ball rule is, the scoring of the propeller heads is seriously in need of review!! How, oh how, could Goldmember score 131 on last night's effort? He was OK in the first half but he only had a DE of 14%. Then he did NOTHING after half time except marginally improve his disposal efficiency to 44%. His opponent Wood was excellent for Carlton with 30 hitouts, had 90% DE and scored 1.1 .. 131 v 93 .. c'mon propeller heads, you are messing with us worse than Rossy the Rester!!!

9. Simon T says:

Hey community!!

Really need some guidance. Was going to trade Currie for Brown before he was a late withdrawal last night and now stuck with Sandi and a donut. Should I trade Polec for Mitchell or Meyers and the Taylor or McGovern for Motlop or trade Sandi out to cover the donut and the the Polec to Mitchell trade.

8 trades left and just hanging in the top 8.

Please help!!!!!

• derek says:

with that many trades, i would look at not having a 0. Trade Sandi out of get some cover.

• Simon T says:

Thanks Derek. I traded Sandi out for Mcintosh who ripped out a big 40!!!!! Might be a valuable 40 at the end of the day as neither of my opponents have back up for Sandi. Should I make the other trade or hold fire. I am predicted to win both my league matches without the trade.

10. Lekdog says:

If you are feeling bold you could go sandi down to mcintosh from geelong averaging 103 over his last three and then go polec to mitchell

11. Pots says:

After the Walker to Mitchell trade I have $197,00 for the second trade (7 left). Your thoughts on the following would be great:
    Shenton to Motlop or Dahlhuas (F6) with Ambrose as F7 and very little cash to play with
    Shenton to Morabito (M10) leaving $380,000 in the chest to upgrade Ambrose or Hartung to prem mid

Easy game the next two weeks and clear on top.

12. derek says:

Goldstein 131 with VC. Anyone else have him with the VC and what are you thinking of doing?

13. derek says:

I am losing sleep over the Sandilands decision.

My Team:
    D: Birchell, Mitchell, Suckling, Enright, Hanley, McVeigh (Aylett, Bews)
    M: Pendlebury, JPK, Cotchin, StevieJ, Beams, Fyfe, Hodge (Honey, Acres)
    R: Sandi, Goldstien (Holmes, King)
    F: Danger, Chappy, Buddy, Roughie, Cloke, Pav (Kersten, BJohnson)

Have $172k but only 3 trades.

I am 3rd in one league (can't miss finals) but 9th in other league.

My opponent in the league i'm 9th in, has Sandi & Warnock (unlucky), so if i keep Sandi i might still have a chance to win. Should i not risk it and trade Sandi or hold him and see how i do, knowing it will be close game and i must win.

If i do trade, do i go straight to Jacobs, or to Pyke and save a heap of cash that will allow me to trade Suckling and Cloke to premiums with last two trades, or should i hold.

I;m thinking to hold my nerve and keep Sandilands and take the 0?

14. BCHawks says:

Pulled the plug and went Shenton to Caddy as soon as I saw that Shenton was a late inclusion and was sub. It will be good to see Moribito getting a full game today to.

15. Anonymous says:

Take Pavlich 52 or put Ambrose on field #Loopholing thoughts …

16. Cyril says:

Ambrose should go better than that

17. Michael says:

Who to field, Hurn or Hibberd?

18. David says:

Who should i put the vc on libba, goddard or jpk?

• Wes says:

Jpk is safe bet for good score, but he plays late in the rd.
      Who is your C on?
      Libba or Goddard gives time to make the change to your c with their game timing.

19. Wes says:

I agree Jock… Split rd sucks!
    Ben brown burnt me…
    I had two choices… Bring in him as cheap option or get in reiwoldt as a f6… And I took brown… Leaving reiwoldt for week after freo (cos there was no way freo was going to lose to saints and certain no way NR would go huge against their pressure).
    Hahahahaha. Laughing only medicine for that…

20. nick says:

THE SAINTS HAVE BASICALLY SAVED US ALL TRADES!!!!!!!
    WHY??? Fremantle want top 2 for home finals……..now, with the loss they could even drop out of top 4!!!!
    which means that rossy will NOT be resting anyone,especially with hawks, cats and power still to play them
    Get in fyfe, barlow if you dont already have them boys and girls

• youngster says:

Although things may have panned out differently if Sandiballs played, I'm glad he didn't now because Freo were smashed on the SC points and I need Sandiballs to hold his value in case I'm forced to sideways trade him (no war chest to speak of)

21. Gab says:

anyone else get lucky on the selwood vc??

22. ,,,, says:

SUCKED IN ROSS LYON YOU BASTARD!!! Maybe a lesson learned for ya!!

23. Donavan says:

Robbie Gray, will be play, or be a late out? Concussed last week.

24. JB says:

Is M Honeychurch playing?

25. MarcusJ says:

damn i had some players stink it up this weekend.

dunno what happened in that essendon bulldogs game but all the players i had put up woeful scores.

well done to anyone who had the balls to bring in carlise.

vc on selwood was a good return. i think he'll run out the season like he did last year and be our ablett for 5 rounds

26. Daniel says:

URGENT HELP NEEDED

8 trades and 112k in bank

Backs – Swallow, McVeigh, Bartel, Burgoyne, Langdon, Langford (Gardiner, Tippet)

Mids – Pendles, Kennedy, Selwood, Libber, Beams, Fyfe, Parker, Johnson (Hartung, Michie)

Rucks – Jacobs, Sandy (Ceglar, Currie)

Forwards – Dangers, Gray, Martin, Impey, Ambrose, Walker (Shenton, Cameron)

NEED BACK LINE AND FORWARD LINE FIXED!

27. grugeneski says:

2nd half rd 18 – 1 trade left, $8,9k in the bank

def: bartel, malceski, mcveigh, hanley, lumumba, suckling (z jones, c cameron)
    mid: boomer, stevie j, pendles, swallow, wines, o'meara, macrae, shuey (h'church, ross)
    ruc: sauce, mummy (brown, thurlow)
    fwd: danger, dusty, zorko, pav, bird, parker (towers, c cameron)

REALLY want to get rid of lumumba, being my weakest link, and 'upgrade' him to Carlisle, after the round is
    however, he gives me much cover, on pretty much every line. Do I trade out him or suckling to get Carlisle in?? If either of them don't drop too far below their BE that I can't afford him obviously? – Also, is there another 'upgrade' option I may be missing that I haven't thought of?

Help please