Flesh for Fantasy – Round 16

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on July 3, 2014 • views: 1281

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150

G’day community,

4 weeks to go and it looks like the players are going up a gear. What an amazing round of scoring. Given all the late outs and failures, it was a good round to regenerate hope and motivation for the pointy end of the season.

If you’re not close to full strength team I reckon you may need to get a wiggle on. Most of the best SuperCoach sides are set now and basically tinkering with the odd trade in readiness for the assault on the overall win, or the premiership.

So, let’s begin.

GET HIM IN

Mitch Duncan (GEE) MID – $494,800 SC

• Next 5 Games: WBD (H), MELB (A), GWS (A), NM (A), FRE (H)
  • Recent Scores: 95, 86, 52, 136, 100, 105
  • Breakeven: 89

There are two reasons why I’ve thrown up Mitch Duncan as an option: 1) His form, and 2) His next run of games. Western Bulldogs, Melbourne and GWS. Good opportunity to go big, his 136 came against St Kilda. He’s had a SuperCoach-type game last 3 weeks, kicking goals and getting 20+ touches. While Geelong have been somewhat heading their head above water in the race for top 4, now gives the Cats a good opportunity to put the foot on the peddle against these lower sides and finding some form. Reckon Mitch may be a beneficiary to that and definitely worth a look in.

Paul Duffield (FRE) DEF – $523,400 SC

• Next 5 Games: MELB (A), GWS (H), STK (A), CARL (H), GEE (A)
  • Recent Scores: 109, 130, 102, 114, 132
  • Breakeven: 65

Coincidence or not, but Fremantle’s run of form late has coincided with the form of Paul Duffield, who has been finding plenty of it recently. On the weekend v West Coast, he amassed 30 touches and clunked 9 marks. He has been playing as the loose in defence and you can just see he is thriving in that role. Much like Duncan and Geelong, Fremantle’s run home is so good and may not be forced to play a lock down role for quite some weeks. Get on if needing a defender, $523,400 for a player who is scoring at will at the moment is value.

Steele Sidebottom (COLL) MID – $564,900 SC

• Next 5 Games: GCS (A), ESS (A), ADEL (H), PORT (H), WCE (A)
  • Recent Scores: 138, 90, 72, 115, 101, 178
  • Breakeven: 57

Owned by just 0.70% of teams, he is a touch on the pricey side, but his scores have been very good. Granted he has just come off a 3 week holiday, but to pump out 178 makes you take notice. If you look at the scores prior to that 138, he scored 155, 109 and 131. So that makes it 7 100+ scores in his past 9 games…and big 100s too. He is the type in a similar mould to Duncan – gets touches and scores goals, and while Collingwood’s run home isn’t all that kind, don’t forget how horrid their start to the season was. If you’ve got the $$$ to burn and need a POD, I reckon Steeley may be your man.

GET HIM OUT

Jimmy Webster (STK) DEF – $351,400 SC

• Next 5 Games: Out for season
  • Recent Scores: -
  • Breakeven: -

Many may still be stuck with Webster for reasons unknown, but now is your chance to trade him out. Out for the remainder of season.

Cyril Rioli (HAW) FWD – $441,200 SC

• Next 5 Games: Injured
  • Recent Scores: -
  •  Breakeven: -

Like Webster, will miss the rest of the regular season. Many will probably say “c’mon Crim, no-one owns Cyril”, and why that may be true, until he has 0% ownership, someone does and it is my duty to inform those people to trade him out.

Michael Hibberd (ESS) DEF – $445,600 SC

• Next 5 Games: PORT (A), COLL (H), WBD (A), SYD (A), RICH (A)
  • Recent Scores: 96, 83, 69, 105, 73
  • Breakeven: 92

What to do, what to do. Besides that purple patch just after the start of the season, Hibberd has been quite ordinary. At certain points of the season he has battled injury and while 80/90+ scores aren’t toooo bad, they’re not good enough for the price we paid at the start of the year, and now. He was in double for last week’s loss to Geelong, but managed to get up for the game. So clearly he is carrying something at the moment. Given his price and the potential to trade in your Zak Jones’ and your Shane Kerstan’s, going Hibberd to Duffield or Pearce Hanley might not be the worst idea.

BREAKING POINT

• Tom Liberatore (WBD) 194 BE
  • Dom Tyson (MELB) 105 BE
  • Rory Sloane (ADEL) 131 BE
  • Robbie Gray (PORT) 137 BE
  • Hamish Hartlett (PORT) 144 BE

PUB TALK

Here are this week’s burning questions

Image 1

ANSWER: Excellent question. I think if you’ve got trades you have to get rid of him. This isn’t a 2-3 game slump, he hasn’t scored 100+ since ANZAC Day, nearly 10 weeks ago. Price is awkward, but not low enough that you can’t move to someone like Andrew Swallow or Mitch Duncan who are coming into form. Some tough games for Dane coming up, no GWS or Brisbane ‘till finals so it’s not worth holding onto him in hope he’ll come good. Dump now while he has currency.

Image 2

ANSWER: At value he is nicely priced, but form wise, I’d stay well clear. Andrew Mackie at $450k isn’t too bad an option considering his form of late and Geelong’s next run of games. Also Corey Enright if you don’t have him. But I’d stay clear of Kade Simpson, and try get Langdon up to one of Hanley or Duffield.

Image 3

ANSWER: Keeping Pav because I like Fremantle’s run home so he may be able to string a couple together. As for Wingard, I hate to say it given I suggested he was a trade in option, but we may have to dump him. Giving us nothing and doesn’t look like a player who is going to score big…which we’ll need come finals time.

Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

Sit Down and Hang On For An Action Packed Week:

PODCAST: The Community Go Large

Round 16 Supercoach Prices & Breakevens

SPONSORED POST: THE RECRUIT IS BACK, And It Is On FOX8

Round 16 Supercoach Scouting Report

1. John says:

have got ablett,pendelbury,beams, NDS, gray,murphy,selwood,shenton(miles,hartung)
    Have got $380k in the war chest
    Thinking of going shenton to JPK
    Would be appreciated if u had any other thoughts on who to bring IN
    Thanks

2. Dom says:

Any rookies?

3. Cyza says:

Hey Crimmo,

Undecided who to trade in out of Selwood, Dal Santo, sidebottom or N Jones.

Normally id pick up Selwood but I'm unsure about the niggle he's carrying. Also not sure if DS/sidebottom/jones can sustain a 110 avg. Who will avg most for the remainder of the year?

Thanks!

• MightyDonsFC says:

Selwood

• jockreynolds says:

Interesting with Selwoods injury cloud… almost be swayed to go for Nicky Dal

• MightyDonsFC says:

Had an 'injury cloud' at the start of the year, I suspect it's just another rumour

• Wattsieesq says:

Selwood was suppose to be injured at the start of the year and came in like a jet. He slowed down before the byes but has come out after and has tonned up on all but 1 occasion (scoring 98) with the split round coming up in a couple of weeks, I think he'll have the week off and come out like a jet for finals.

Get on him.

4. Mebois says:

hi guys. have 9 trades and 241k in the bank.

DEF: bartel, swallow, mcveigh, hibberd, hanley, b. smith (kolo, langford)
    MID: Pendles, ablett, liba, cotchin, sloane, beams, langford, shenton (hallahan, acres)
    RUC: sandilands, jacobs (thurlow, currie)
    FWD: danger, pav, wingard, gunston, tex, s. martin (mcgovern, cameron)

• Fabian says:

I'd suggest getting a Mid Premo in, either by trading out Langdon out or by trading langdon to the DEF and trading out Langford.

• Mebois says:

im thinking of getting stevie j but im nto sure if there are better options

• drew says:

shit dude…Apart from your rucks,you have a lot of money sitting on the bench.

• Mebois says:

thanks but i want to get a full team asap and im thinking of trading langdon to stevie j and langford to zak jones or jayden hunt

• mungos men says:

id hold off on Steven J, maybe downgrade hallahan for honeychurch mid/fwd, and upgrade Langdon for JPK then next week, downgrade Langford for Jones or Hunt and upgrade shenton for rockliff or other ultra premo. Have bench cover all over and maybe some cash left over…

5. Ringer says:

Evening gents. Would you mind having a look over my team.

8 trades left with 139k in the bank.

Bartel, D.Swallow, J.McVeigh, Hanley, H.Shaw, Suckling.

(L.McDonald/Z.Jones)

Ablett, J.Selwood, Libba, Beams, Cotchin, M.Murphy, Miles.

(Honeychurch/N.Robertson)

Sandylands, Goldstein

(Currie/Thurslow)

Dangerfield, D.Martin, Zorko, Buddy, Pavlich, Roughead.

(McGovern/C.Cameron)

I’m thinking of trading out Robertson for Morabito and using the cash to upgrade Suckling to Sammy Mitchell if he returns and the team should be pretty much cherry ripe. Thoughts?

• Ringer says:

Oh and a forward rookie downgrade for Cgarlie Cameron (maybe Redpath?) should free up some coin for a fallen premium in the guts for Miles in a few weeks. I’m looking a Andy Swallow, Montagna or Jack Steven.

• drew says:

Wait two weeks for Mitchell,he will be a lot cheaper then.

6. Fabian says:

Cheers Crimmo, I am one of those silly people who took the punt on Cyril, it didn't pay off. In my defense, he was at great value!

What are the community's thoughts on best FWD replacement? Preferably under 450k.
    FWDs currently are: Dangerfield, Parker, Martin, Franklin, Zorko, Rioli (Mcgovern, Ambrose).

Appreciate some suggestions

7. jockreynolds says:

Sensational Flesh Crimm. I'm having a long hard think about Duffield this week – just cant help but feel another role change might not be far away for him.. bloody Ross.

8. ,,, says:

What to do next fellas

5 trades 258k

Bartel swallow mcveigh Burgoyne Hanley Enright cutler bews

Ablett pendles selwood libba beams gray Mandy Goddard obrien acres

Sandi Jacobs thurlow king

Harvey danger dmartin Parker wingard smartin shenton Lloyd

Any thought would be great stuck between millions of options this week trade or hold?

• SCaddict says:

I'd hold a week and then bring in Honeychurch on to your midfield bench to give you some donut insurance there.

You will also likely need to keep a spare trade to convert Stef Martin soon as Leuey is due back in the seniors any week now which will murder Martin's scoring.

This will then leave you 3 other trades for injuries over the next 8 weeks.

• ,,,, says:

Yeh thought of trading shenton out for sloane with swapping gray to the forward line, downgrading obrien or acres to honey church for all line coverage can probably hold that trade to next week as sloane will probably go down and shenton should only go up with a b.e of 50. Thoughts??

• SCaddict says:

Yeah that works too. Though I will probably be keeping both Shenton and Honeychurch til the bitter end myself as they make a very handy swing set combo.

• drew says:

Hold dude,your team is cherry ripe.Remember Sandi will be rested soon and you have no coverage.

9. john snow says:

Anyone going to take the risk on Morabito for a cash grab. Or Honeychurch, is he going to keep his spot?

I'm thinking of cashing in Ambrose this week.

• SCaddict says:

I believe Honeychurch is the sounder option especially if you already have Shenton on your bench.

Though of course I would defer that decision until the following week when he's on the bubble.

• john snow says:

yeh might give ambrose one more week. I like the geelong young fella on the bubble but key position player and no mid eligibility.

• skateordie says:

i am. don't like he's 75 break even tough..

10. big aggots says:

Is Stef Martin now an R2 option? This would allow me to sell either Sandi and Minson and generate enough cash to complete upgrades.

• SCaddict says:

I have grave doubts about that. Leuey is due back any second now and Martin's tasty tons are very likely to quickly evaporate at that point.

11. Michael says:

Hi Community,

Have some def probs, here's my team to begin with:

DEF: Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh, Simpson, Hibberd, Enright (Bews, ZJones)
    MID: GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Beams, Fyfe, Murph, Taylor (O'Brien, Acres)
    RUC: Sandy, Sauce (Derickx, King)
    FWD: Danger, Dusty, Parker, Zorko, Pav, Ambrose (Shenton, Cameron)

Have 5 trades & $230K in the bank – used 1st trade this week to downgrade Shoenmakers to ZJones.
    Should I hold for the moment or look at my failing defs in Simpson (av 70 last 3 / 79 last 5) or Enright (95/87)?
    I'm mindful of the "no sideways trade" rule but Simpson in particular looks done.
    Or should I do another downgrade from Ambrose to Kersten to stockpile for last mid next week?
    Will give me $407K in the kitty.

• TOM says:

Hibberd is out so you may want to offload him

• Michael says:

Out of the 3 problem children I can hold him this week as at least I won't lose any cash.
        Think I'll just do double down this week Shoenmakers to Jones / Ambrose to Kersten.
        Next week I'll grab my last mid then ride it out keeping 3 trades for LTI's.
        Not enough I know but not much choice!

• Mathew says:

Yeh I think the downgrade of ambrose is a good idea.. Shenton will still put out 60-80 for you hopefully and next week I would say swap taylor and shenton and then upgrade shenton to any mid you want
      Taylor will do well as a F6 with only 3 trades to I think then use them only for LTIs

12. Cameron says:

Looking to get rid of suckling, who is the best defender under 462k? Already got Swallow, mcveigh, walker, Hanley, bartel.
    Or should I hold and wait for Mitchell to drop in price?

13. Tom McVilly says:

Hey guys what on earth do I do, hibberd is out and both my players on my bench are injuried, I only have 2 trades left! But I really want to get a win this week cause it will cement my top 8 spot! What do I do hold or trade if I trade who do I get in I only have 11,300 in the bank please help guys

• Michael says:

'fraid you'll have to cop a donut – save the 2 trades for LTI's. If Hibberd is out again next week then you may need to trade then though.

• THE SALTSHAKERS says:

He will keep his price, wait a couple till you can sideways to S.Mitchell whose B/E is 200 – im in the same boat 4 trades left got hibberd in last week

14. Chook says:

Ahh, there's nothing quite like seeing last weeks star recruit ending up in Crimmo's OUT's!
    #STICKINGFAT

15. Aarmy says:

Howdy all, after a bit of forward thinking advice (6 trades & 103.6k in bank):

Back: Malceski – Swallow – McVeigh – Simpson – Burgoyne – Litherland (Georgiou – Z.Jones)
    Mid: Ablett – Pendles – Selwood – Beams – Bartel – Mundy – Fyfe – Cotchin (Shenton – Acres)
    Ruck: Sandi – NicNat (Thurlow – Nankervis)
    Fwd: Danger – Parker – Dahlhaus – Gunston – Wingard – SMartin (S.Lloyd – Charlie Cameron)

I've had a bad run in the last month with close losses so I'm hanging on to the eight just, but with a big game around the corner. Got a full compliment but with six trades left, I need to think of making the eight before anything. So this week I've got a few possibles, and was hoping if anyone could suggest something I haven't.

1. HOLD
    2. Move Bartel back, trade Litherland for a bench cover/cash (Honeychurch depending on JS?)
    Trade Shenton for any mid under $599k (Priddis down)
    3. Do same Litherland trade but swap Shenton for Wingard, then trade Wingard for any mid I haven't got (JPK?)
    4. Any other ideas?

I'm wary of the Duffield train (had him before), and I know my fwd line isn't the best, but any suggestions? Would be much appreciated :)

• Mathew says:

I like option 2
      Think that will leave you with a team strong enough to hold the rest of your trades for LTIs

• jett says:

libba is unter the 600k atm id say do number 1 and get lib ba then your team is a lock till finals provided that there isnt any injuries

• Sarah says:

I like option 2 as well.

16. TOM says:

Hi community, need your thoughts on my team

backs: swallow, bartel, burgoyne, hanley, hurn, mcveigh, (cutler, georgio)
    mids: ablett, pendles, beams, rocklliff, selwood, ward, kennedy, k.mitchell (hartung, acres)
    rucks: mummy, sandi (derickx, thurlow)
    fwds: danger, zorko, wingard, parker, martin, mcgovern, (honeychurch, cameron)

I have 5 trades left and $80,900 left in the bank.
    I'm currently 6th on my league ladder.
    Was thinking of maybe going cutler to zak jones to free up some cash or derickx to ben brown to free up some cash

• Chris says:

Your first priority is to get rid of the 2 rookies on field, id try do that this round

• Army says:

Depends how you want to play it – I think your number one target is upgrading KMitch. You could use 2 trades but may not generate enough cash to get a decent mid keeper. Risky strategy but one that might pay off down the track is a double downgrade (say Cutler and Hartung) then wait till you find and can afford that good mid. Risky cos it leaves you only 2 trades for LTIs. Also have to take into account who you play in your league.

17. Fabian says:

Sandilands -> Maric

Thoughts?

Frees up 100k cash. Sandi WILL be rested. Maric is on the up.

18. Chris says:

When do you think Heath shaw will be back?

19. tysb says:

How many weeks is Hibberd out for and why trade him???

20. Darren says:

thinking of turning pavlich into Gray, have 100k spare to do the deed with. thoughts? Fwd line is Danger, Parker, Dusty, Franklin, Pav, Tex Walker with a poor bench in C Cameron and L Mcarthy (aka sweet FA cover). would leave me with 6 trades in hand.

21. Josh says:

Is it worth downgrading Tom derrickx to Ben brown from north to free up cash?

22. THE SALTSHAKERS says:

Whats the go with hibberd? Scored 105 then last week besides one error played a good game? I traded him in last week avg 24 to 25d he cant be too bad? Prognosis?

23. Westy says:

Should I just pack it in? (only 5 trades left and 65K cash)
    DEF – Bartel, D Swallow, Simpson, Houli, Suckling, McDonald (Cutler, Bews)
    MID – Ablett, Selwood, Liberatore, D Beams, Fyfe, Cotchin, S Johnson, Swan (K Mitchell, O'Brien)
    RUC – Sandilands, Mumford, (Derickx, Currie)
    FWD – Harvey, Dangerfield, Zorko, T Walker, S Martin, L Franklin (in for Ambrose) (S Lloyd, C Cameron)

24. Tom says:

Can I get some feedback on my team from the community?
    DEF: Bartel, Malceski, Swallow, McVeigh, Simpson, Hanley (Langford, Jones)
    MID: Ablett, Ward, Liberatore, Beams, D Martin, Cotchin, Goddard, Miles (OBrien, Acres)
    RUCK: Sandi, Jacobs (Currie, King)
    FWD: Gray, Danger, Parker, Dahlhous, Roughead, Riewoldt (Ambrose, Cameron)
    9 trades left and $81,900 in the warchest.
    Thinking maybe a cash grab this week (Langford and Ambrose out for 2 rookies) – leaving me with 7 trades and over $400k in the bank for finals. Or should I just do 1 downgrade and save the cash to upgrade Miles and Riewoldt in the next few weeks?
    Cheers Guys !!

• Sarah says:

I'd probably do the two downgrades and upgrade Riewoldt next week, then Miles just before finals.
      Great team!

25. Michael says:

Thoughts on Sammy Mitchell as M8 in a couple of weeks? Will be nice & cheap, should drop down to about $420-430K, proven premo, presents nice swing option with Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh etc to cover any short term premo injuries / generals if needed.

26. Rayza Ray says:

Question – I have Gunston 'he's been ok' serviceable solid 70's and 80's… But you need more and I feel I cant carry both Roughead and Gunston. Would you go into your finals campaign with him or would it be to much of a burn to go to Parker.

I guess Im asking is Gunston a keeper come finals time.

Opinions Please… SCaddict you around bud?

27. Alex says:

Hi Jock,
    great flesh for fantasy once again! Just wondering if I can have some help on buying a forward? I am getting rid of Zach Merret and I got $170,000 in the bank! I liked the look of Dalhaus but I am $2,000 off!

Cheers!

28. Kev says:

Crimmo, I'm going to have to respectively disagree with getting Hibbo out, mate. Sideways trading at this point in time is a folly, especially as his OUT this week is more a "get yourself right" rather than a full blown injury. He surprised me by playing last week even after Bomber said immediately after the game the week prior that he wouldn't.

Duffman and Hanley both have their consistency problems. Hanley will have Crowley again during the finals. Suck it up, cop the donut. We were blessed last week with some massive scores, the supercoach gods aren't that nice!

29. MaxiMayhem says:

help desired from my faithful mates in ol' community land please!

what would you do – bearing in mind I have 4 trades and 33k in ze chest….

DEF – bartel mcveigh hanley swallow burgoyne suckling (z jones bews)

MID – ablett rockliff goddard beams Jelwood cotchin murphy miles (langdon acres)

RUC – sandi naitanui (derrickx currie)

FWD – danger dustyMartin dahlhaus zorko wingard mcgovern (shenton cameron)

any thoughts would be most welcome!

30. Cap says:

A lot of people are saying to hold of on Mitchell because he will be cheaper in 2 weeks. You need to think about that a bit more people, if hes not the sub this week. If you are looking at upgrading someone like suckling then do it as he will probably drop the same amount of cash as Mitchell does so no real loss of cash by waiting, but a possible loss of points and league wins.

31. Tez says:

$414,400 to spend a on a quality defender. Tossing up between M.Jaensh, M. Suckling or J.Grimes.

Current team (J.Bartel, D.Swallow, J.McVeigh, S.Burgone, C.Enright, P6 (Empty) – Interchange (Z.Jones-Syd & J.Ellis-GCS)

Any thoughts? I'M STUCK!

Cheers for the suggestions! :)

32. Scott says:

G'day community!
    Need a bit of advice on which way i should go with trading this week

my team currently looks like this

DEF – Bartel, Swallow, Burgoyne, Mcveigh, Enright, Suckling (Bews, Georgiou)

MID – Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Johnson, Murphy, Barlow, Swan (O'brien, Michie)

RUCK – Sandilands, Jacobs (Currie, King)

FWD – Dangerfield, Martin, Dahlhaus, Roughead, Wingard, McGovern (Impey, Kersten)

At this stage I have 8 trades and $13,500 in the bank

I was thinking of upgrading swan or suckling
    Impey to honeychurch then can trade swan or suckling for any mid/ defender I want
    should i hold swan or get rid of him and trade in the likes of rockliff

Any advice would be really appreciated

33. George says:

Want to get rid of Swan, who would you get in Fyfe or Steelbottom?

34. James says:

Best Ruck Premiem to trade in this week?

35. Daniel says:

NEED ADVICE PEOPLE!!!!

Backs – Swallow, Bartel, Burgoyne, McVeigh, Langdon, Gardiner (Langford, Tippet)
    Mids- Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Parker, Kennedy, Fyfe, Selwood, Libber (Hartung, Michie)
    Ruck – Sandy, Jacobs (Ceglar, Currie)
    Fwds – Danger, Martin, Higgins, Walker, Ambrose, Shenton (Cameron, Impey)

$95K and 10 trades…what can i do to stay top 4, am top atm.

36. MaxiMayhem says:

what are we feeling about Mark Murphy?

37. It’s remarkable designed for me to have a site, which
    is valuable for my knowledge. thanks admin

For a better solution please check-out this page: buy testcore pro