Flesh for Fantasy – Round 15

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on June 26, 2014 • views: 1050

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

5 weeks ‘till finals. Gee times flies when you’re at the mercy of the SuperCoach gods. Weekend before it was Stevie J, last weekend it was Marc Murphy. Many will flying home with a tail breeze, while coaches like myself are being slaughtered by all these late changes and blokes in form becoming out of form moment you trade them in.

But this is why we love the game, and it was never meant to be easy – otherwise every man and his dog would be playing. We are a special group of people within our society, and I am here to preach guidance to the followers of his religion we call fantasy football.

Here is this week’s Flesh.

GET HIM IN

Levi Greenwood (NM) MID – $530,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: BRIS (A), HAW (H), STK (H), CARL (A), GEE (H)
  • Recent Scores: 119, 137, 107, 101, 106, 134
  • Breakeven: 74

Consistent. Last 6 games has produced 100+ scores and some great form that deserves recognition. He has played run with roles on some of the league’s best midfielders and more than held his own. 27 touches and 8 tackles on Gary Ablett, 32 touches and 1 goal on Patrick Dangerfield and 29 touches and 5 tackles on Trent Cotchin. Considering his price, Levi’s scores have been far more consistent than any valued higher. A nice run of games coming up, including Brisbane, St Kilda and Carlton, but that is almost irrelevant because he has shown to be able to run with the best and get the footy himself. An outside pick, but has shown more than enough to be a very good scorer in the run home.

Steven Motlop (GEE) FWD – $378,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: ESS (H), WBD (H), MELB (H), GWS (A), NM (A)
  • Recent Scores: 61, 112, 105
  • Breakeven: 7

At value, Motlop isthat player you can trade in if you have no money in the kitty. He is value. A solid 3 goals, 24 touches and 9 marks to back up his performance against St Kilda shows he may be in for a very solid run home. Much like Levi, has a very handy run home so plenty of opportunity to score big.

Heath Shaw (GWS) DEF – $501,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: SYD (A), ADEL (H), FRE (A), GEE (H), RICH (A)
  • Recent Scores: 95, 127, 109, 116
  • Breakeven: 72

After dipping as low as $438k, Heath Shaw has had a very handy last 4 weeks. Against Carlton Everitt originally tagged him, before playing off Daisy, and against Essendon was playing off Dell’Olio. He is starting to show that Collingwood form that went missing at the early stages of the season – running off forwards and getting 25+ touches while taking upwards of 8 marks a game. Granted, his next run of games won’t be quite as easy as the recent few, but if he can keep this up, at $501,700, he’s a bargain.

GET HIM OUT

Dom Tyson (MELB) MID – $419,600 SC

• Next 5 Games: WB (A), FRE (H), GEE (H), PORT (A), BRIS (H)
  • Recent Scores: 95, 37, 92, 71
  • Breakeven: 85

I think its’ time to move on Dom Tyson. Before you say “we got rid of him ages ago”, yeah no worries, but 50,000+ coaches still own him. His consistency is not there anymore. Mid-season he has getting 100+ weekly. Now its 30 one week, 90 the next. An awkward break even could see his price drop too. Dom also isn’t getting the footy as much as he once was, and given after the Western Bulldogs he plays 2 of the 3 competition’s inform teams. Move him on.

Tom Langdon (COLL) DEF– $370,100 SC

• Next 5 Games: CARL (H), GCS (A), ESS (A), ADEL (H), PORT (H)
  • Recent Scores: 58, 88, 74, 79, 12
  • Breakeven: 128

Expected to miss this week with concussion. Also not scoring as well as he did mid season should prompt a trade out. You could go up to a Heath Shaw or Paul Duffield if you’ve got the $$$. But if you don’t, Zak Jones from Sydney could be a viable option now that Rhyce Shaw is expected to miss some games. Also, if you’re playing Langdon off the bench, Mitch Brown from WCE could be another option too. Guaranteed to play and score every week, he is a safe option for under $200k if you just need someone on your bench who will score – plus you will make nearly $200,000 from the trade.

Rhyce Shaw (SYD) DEF – $422,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: GWS (H), WCE (A), CARL (H), HAW (A), ESS (H)
  • Recent Scores: 118, 75, 107, 17

• Steve Johnson (GEE) 123 BE
  • Tom Rockliff (BRIS) 134 BE
  • Patrick Dangerfield (ADEL) 133 BE
  • Callan Ward (GWS) 123 BE
  • Andrew Swallow (NM) 119

PUB TALK

Here are this week’s burning questions.

Image 1

ANSWER: There’s not a great deal of rookie options down back, probably the most significant one to note this week is Zak Jones from Sydney. Looked very solid against Richmond and given Rhyce Shaw is expected to miss some games, may be worth getting him in. Another one may be Mitch Brown from WCE. If you’re going to just park the rookie on your bench, at under $200k, may be worth getting him in and having there as guaranteed points on the bench – even if he doesn’t score too well.

Image 2

ANSWER: I reckon Heath Shaw for reasons mentioned above. Kade Simpson has been a disgrace since I traded him in and I won’t want my fellow community members to feel the same pain.

Image 3

ANSWER: Certainly an interesting prospect. I personally wouldn’t, just doesn’t have the frame or the match fitness to score big like Tom Mitchell did. Should play out the season, but in terms of scores, Jack Martin is a couple of years away from really dominating the competition.
Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

The Keyboards Are On Fire Just For You:

PODCAST: High Arousal In Flapping Tarp

Round 15 Supercoach Prices & Breakevens

The Donors Podcast Is Here!

Round 15 Supercoach Scouting Report

1. scano says:

I can get in Rockliff to finish my side but will be using all my money, is it better to go for someone a bit cheaper like gray/sloane and save a bit of cash to use on under performing premiums or injured players come end of season?

• Kev says:

A bit of cash floating around is always handy come finals time when injuries/suspensions hit. If you're comfortably in the 8 go with a gray/sloane type, if you need a bit of a push go with rocky

2. Tombe says:

Are Corey Enright or Luke Hodge still relevant in supercoach now?

• Legend123 says:

Personally I've had enright the whole year and he has done nothng i'm still looking to get rid of him for a higher priced premo. As a cats fan i love him but this is his last year and he is starting to become very inconsistent. As for hodge i believe he is still fantasy relevant. Hodge isn't playing in the guts anymore but he still collects the possies floating around the back half. Hope ive helped.

• Ryan says:

Enright is for sure, 101 and 99 in his last two games, hitting some form finally.

3. scano says:

Should we still bring in Fyfe even though he might be rested?

4. Cheers Crimmo!

I've traded Shaw, Simpson and duffield in 467 times this week.
    I might just settle with Shaw.
    Huge thumbs up!

5. TOM says:

Hi community, Love your work Jock!
    need your thoughts I currently have 7 trades left.

backs: burgoyne, swallow, bartel, hurn, hanley, langdon (cutler, georgio)
    mids: selwood, ablett, beams, pendles, ward, kennedy, k.mitchell, rockliff, (hartung, acres)
    rucks: sandi, mummy (derickx, thurlow)
    fwds: danger, zorko, martin, parker, wingard, mvgovern,(shenton, cameron)

Was thinking of going K.Mitchell to Honeychurch, sub him on fwd bench and sub a fwd into the middle. Then I was thinking of going Langdon to McVeigh.

Or I can go shenton to honeychurch and then langdon to someone like shaw or still mcveigh and have around 80,000 next week to upgrade kane mitchell.

Thoughts Please

6. James says:

Hi Crimmo,

Should I trade in Chad Wingard, Rioli or Zorko for Impey or save some cash next week so that I'm able to afford Brent Harvey?

Cheers

• Legend123 says:

For me i would go for Wingard as he shows that he is going to average 95-105 from here on out as he is recieving more middle time aswell as kicking goals.

7. know nothing says:

Is hiibberd a good option down back or could someone recommend anyone else.

• TOM says:

Heath Shaw

• know nothing says:

Hiibberd avg more and is 50 thousand cheaper shaw can be hot and cold just not sure

• Kev says:

hibbo could very well be a late out. Bomber said last week that he would likely be rested for tomorrow nights clash because he picked up a knock to the leg/ankle last week

• Tombe says:

Don't know where your getting that information from Kev. Bomber said he was in serious doubt early in the week but the pain has gone and will play

• Flacid Jaff says:

Shaw has a tough run and is frustratingly inconsistent but has a high ceiling. Hibberd is a similar player but will attract less attention and is much cheaper but wait for final team sheets on Friday. Duffield is value but don't trust Ross Lyon or Paul, I've been burnt too many times by both of them. Instead, I'm waiting on Kade Simpson, if he can find his form back over the next 2 weeks I'll get him in, he could finish as a top 3 defender!

8. Muddies Mudflaps says:

Forced to play one rookie this week due to upgrading my backline who should I play C Shenton or L Taylor as my F6 with the other being my midfield bench cover

9. TOM says:

Langdon to Heath Shaw?

10. MightyDonsFC says:

How many trades would you want left after having a full promo team at this stage in the season?

• Dave Ruddick says:

I reckon Coaches who are full premo should have no less than 7 trades..ideally 8-10. There are too many Caoches around with less than 6, I reckon they must have pulled a couple of sideways trades to be that low and are asking for trouble come finals.

• crabb says:

I'm in that boat of coaches with minimal trades, all caused by injuries though e.g. 3 injured ruckmen

• Cash Cow says:

I've got full premo and have only 1 trade left. Can cover 1 injury in each position but am in trouble if there is more. Made 3 trades cause of injury so could potentially have gotten to full premo with 4 trades left. The only way I can see of having more trades than that left is to regularly be able to trade 1 rookie for a premium (I usually traded 2 rookies for premium and rookie.) or avoid the super premiums like Ablett and Pendles which I chose not to do and am comfortable with that.

11. jockreynolds says:

Bloody hell Levi has just quietly been busting the joint up hasnt he.

• Hazey says:

Really really tempted to bring him in. Hard as a Cats’ head and earnt his spot in the team. With a couple of speculative pics (Griffen) not really working out I think I’ll grab Sloane for mental comfort.

12. know nothing says:

Jock mate I'm stuck got 525 to spend on defence who I get I need help more than you know I'm losing sleep over it

13. Hazey says:

Griffen for Sloane here this week. Am I crazy for looking at Zorko down to Miles?

Generates abt $100k and would allow a final upgrade on a few weeks n leave MW with Miles as M9…..

14. Kev says:

G'day community. M8 spot. Barlow or NDS. Tempted by Levi G by just hasn't got runs on the board for me to take the plunge

15. Kingmen says:

Hi all,

Have $555k left for a mid spot already have

Gaj, pendles, selwood, beams, m murphy, Barlow, and shenton( will upgrade just in time for finals)

Tossing up between wines, nds, treloar, ??

Or any better options I’m missing?

Thanks community!

• Tim says:

In an almost identical position with $549,200 to spend

I've been looking at Mundy, Parker, Dal Santo,Ebert or even Greenwood however
      Leaning towards Mundy or Parker

Thoughts???

• Kingmen says:

Yeah it’s tough.. I already have Parker up fwd did think of Mundy but can’t decide! Do like wines especially in a winning team but Mundy is just as good..

16. Padio says:

Last midfield spot: Rockliff or Kennedy?

17. Colin says:

Captain this week : Ablett or Liber?

• OldOcker says:

Hi Colin, I am going GAJ as VC and Liber C.
      But I think you will find you will be happy with GAJ score as VC.
      History says I am right but you never know.
      If you can't get to your computer over the weekend just stick with the little master.

Good Luck in your choice mate.
      Cheers.

18. Baggy Pants says:

First time on the forum thanks for all the great words of wisdom Jock Higgo Crouching and the rest of the crew, and of course thanks to the community. What's the thoughts on the the Steven Motlop forward option, finished strong last year and very cheap.

• OldOcker says:

Hi Baggy Pants, Yes I like the kid but there could be better options, Has the capability to be a game winner, Last year was probably his second full year of footy and has shown steady improvement if you break his season down he did score well in the latter part of the season last year.
      First 8 games ave 80.0.
      Midyear 8 games ave 73.2 and
      Last 7 games ave 91.6 including a round 23 score of 16 after being subbed off at 3/4 time with 4 touches against Brisbane which Geelong won by one point (Copped a heavy tag from Yeo and did not handle it), Which was correct me if I am wrong Our SC Grand Finals. It could be a coincidence but it is a fact from last year. Round 17 onwards, 58,149,103,120,103,92, 16.
      After tonight's game will be about $416,000 with a break even of about 45.
      Certainly not the worst option but without knowing your team and just answering the question you have asked that is the best I can do for you. Good question, Good POD and Good Luck.

Cheers.

• Baggy Pants says:

Thanks OldOcker great reply it looks like he had a good game last night but lack of consistency is the problem.

• OldOcker says:

Thanks buddy, great to get a response to my opinion and may you make all the right choices.
          Just a clue, If you want my opinion in future start your question with "OldOcker" because I always do a page search first. I am no authority on this site but do try and offer words of wisdom.

Cheers mate.

19. Chris says:

Who to loophole zorko or Stefan Martin?