Community Night Round 15 Q&A session

Filed in Latest article, Supercoach, Supercoach 2014 by on June 26, 2014 • views: 3349

Jock Reynolds - The Father of Fantasy

Something different tonight Community.

Our leader. Our figurehead. A shining light in an often difficult winter solstice is not well.

However the community marches on – and this week we will be “mixing things up a bit”. We have inserted links into the comments below which, when clicked, will play back audio files of our community musing upon trade options, and providing wisdom in the lead up to a crucial round 15.

As Jock would say “Let us rip Round 15 a new one”. Take heed also that Flesh For Fantasy has been deployed for the evening. Also, in case you have missed it, the extended hour long monthly donors podcast is available here.

Now. Let us do what we do best and deploy wisdom. The idea is to listen to the comments, and to join in on the discussion in the thread beneath each question.

Thank you Community.

Peter Higginbotham

• Dave Ruddick says:

Very wise words from Big Ben…we can build ourselves up into a lather trading in players will nilly….there is no need…remember there will be inevitable injuries to deal with. Trading in players NOT on the bubble is a recipe for disaster…PATIENCE.

1. jockreynolds says:

Timmo – imploring the community to consider some POD's: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/Ryan.mp3

• Dave Ruddick says:

Brilliant wisdom from Timmo I reckon. There are so manner "unfashionable" players scoring big. Take a chance on a guy like Callun Ward for example. Love the Prestia pick Timmo.

• Rayza Ray says:

Hold on Prestia for the moment… Only 70 against the Hawkers last match, bit pricey at the moment I will go bang when price dips.

• James Sykes says:

I like the idea of POD provided they are returning comparable points to the more popular choice.

no point going Barlow as the POD if you are giving up JPK to your opposition = – 15 pts.

POD are good but not just for the sake of it. Sometimes you actually need to 'check' your opposition and match their selection if it is a top 8 pick.

2. jockreynolds says:

Robbo is scratching his chin about what to do about Marc Murphy: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/Robbo.mp3

• Donavan says:

Murphy will play, hold off trades.

• Dave Ruddick says:

you gotta hold him I reckon Robbo. He has average 111 for the season and has done his job. I reckon he will play every game from here so I think a sideways trade would be a real waste. If you wanted to downgrade him thats also a very risky move in my book. HOLD!!! I notice Zac O'Brien isn't playing this week which does leave you vulnerable. The other possibility is to trade him move a Bartel or McVeigh into your mids and bring in another Gun backman. Just a thought, but I still reckon Murphy will come up roses for you.

• Robbo says:

Thanks boys. It's quite a conundrum. Going for overall position and very high up there at the moment. Have swung shenton into the mids this week to cover for a possible late out by murphy and H'church comes onto the fwd bench. Means I have to play Ambrose this week and not enough cash to get Robbie Gray or Boomer until next week at the earliest..

• Robbo says:

Other option is to bring in Miles and Kersten this week for Ambrose and Hartung… Would certainly rest easy if Murphy was a late out however is it a waste having somebody like miles worth so much on the bench if going for overall…

• James Sykes says:

Hey Robbo.

In the exact same boat. Got Murphy and with Acres and Obrien on the bench.

Just got to hold I think. He almost played and pulled out before any major injury. I think he will play.

I would only trade if you have more than 7 trades and have enough cash to go straight to one of the top few of Gaz, Pendles, Rocky and JPK in 1 trade.

If you have those 4 covered already…..may luck be a lady….

3. jockreynolds says:

LekDog is thinking about pulling the pin on Dane Bloody Swan. And a warning on Scott D Thompson: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/LekDog.mp3

• Dave Ruddick says:

Swan to Pendles is good move I reckon particularly as you are already full-premo. On SDT, interestingly he avearged over 100 from round 15 last year so surely he can average 90-95 this year at least…as a D5 or D6 I reckon he is a top option for the price.

• Big Ben says:

I agree with ya Lekdog, swan to peddles would be a good move and I am also cautioning people off Thompson, just can't see him being a top 8 mid by end of season

• Sleepy says:

HI BB I think LekDog and Dave are referring to Scott Thompson if defence for the Roos and you are referring to Scott Thompson from the crows?

4. jockreynolds says:

Jessie – "we have hit the crossroads. Step UP.. or Step DOWN. Showing great spirit: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/Jesse.mp3

5. jockreynolds says:

Jackson is having a good hard look at his backline options:

• Donavan says:

Malceski or Shaw, Id go Malceski. Keep Boomer, good run, he scores huge when playing in a winning team.

6. jockreynolds says:

Chris.. thinking about where he should go with Tommy Langdon: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/Chris.mp3

7. jockreynolds says:

HJ – with a suggestion for Jock, and also a very crisp piece of advice: http://s3.amazonaws.com/filesandstuff/howard.mp3

• Mango Trouser says:

Not too keen on Libba captain with Griffin out.

• @HJ_Mitch says:

Roos will not tag an inside player, Mango – history shows that. He will probably tag McCrae.

• The Garbo says:

And no Cross and McKenzie, the dees main taggers. So Aiden Riley will prob get the job as tagger and most likely will go to MaCrae – But I'm hoping MaCrae should break the tag.

8. Danners16 says:

Good stuff fellas, interesting to listen to! I am just wondering what I do with Ryan Griffen since he is out, I have $150,000 in the bank. Who is the best player to bring in for him? Thanks

• @HJ_Mitch says:

For $600K, I don't think you can go past Dayne Beams @ $578,600 or Nat Fyfe @ $573,400

Nat Fyfe or NDS

• scano says:

will fyfe be rested though? want to bring him but not sure

• Hazey says:

Is it too dangerous to have both Barlow n Fyfe?

Can affoerd any mid to trade out Griffen.

• Donavan says:

I dont see the danger in having 2 top players from the same team. With no more byes, I just dont see the danger.

I have had Pendlebury and Beams from the start, and that has worked a treat.

Very difficult for any team to stop Fyfe and Barlow, and I dont think either will be rested.

• Kev says:

Don't understand not bringing in fyfe because he could be rested. Every player is a chance to get rested.

• Donavan says:

Freo will be in a dog fight for a top 4 position this year, it is going to be super tight from 1 to 5/6. No team in the top 5-6 will be resting players.

9. scano says:

I can get in Rockliff to finish my side but will be using all my money, is it better to go for someone a bit cheaper like gray/sloane and save a bit of cash to use on under performing premiums or injured players come end of season?

• enternamehere says:

will face crowley in sc finals

• SamuelScoach says:

rocky got 158 vs crowley only last week

• Mitch says:

Crowley played on Rocky only last quarter in that game. Went to Hanley and wiped him off the ground. I reckon he'll go to Hanley again or Zorko (depending on who is in form) then possibly Rocky if he beats one of the former early doors..

• Danners16 says:

Finals run-Adelaide, Collingwood (Macaffer?), Fremantle (Crowley?), Geelong (Guthrie?) players in brackets are the ones who could be tagging him, compared to D.Prestia and R.Sloane, Rockliff has it much tougher and they won't be the ones tagged and they also have good finals runs.

10. paul says:

malceski or hurn?

• Lekdog says:

If you missed out on hurn when he was cheap the safer option is malceski. But with glass gone hurn had stepped up and I fell he has a higher sealing than malceski, saves a bit of cash too. However with shaw out malceski may start to score really highly again. Flip of the coin really. Malceski for mine, gets injured less than hurn.

11. john fitzgerald says:

will honeychurch be sub?

• Need advice says:

Reckon thats a pretty good bet

• Donavan says:

I would think so. But he will be a player, and if your putting him on the bench this week, I wouldnt worry, because he will play full games and score well very soon.

• The_Darwin_Ducks says:

On the AFL website he is placed in the forward pocket so there is a fair chance that he won't have the green vest

12. TOM says:

Thoughts on Langdon to Heath Shaw?

13. jockreynolds says:

The great Pieman has just deployed some trade tips:

14. Jojo says:

Have Langdon, need one more upgrade in mids, should I bring bartel in? Or should I bring a mid in?

• Donavan says:

How much do you have to spend. I would go Barlow, Fyfe or NDS before bringing in Bartel.

• Kristofor says:

In the exact same boat.
      Was tossing up between Thompson of Roos and Enright..
      Have gone with Thompson.
      Hibberd was just out of reach but under an injury cloud.
      Janench another option if you don't have him.

15. Need Advice says:

def – Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh, Janesch, Suckers & Enright (Langford, Cutler)

mid – gazza, pendles, jpk, beams, rocky, steven J, selwood & hanley (Honeychurch & Dunstan)

I want to complete my mids and swap hanley to defence and bring in Fyfe before he skyrockets in price again and it then becomes difficult to get him in my team.

Trades :

Langford to Z Jones

Suckers/Janesch/Enright swap into mid for Hanely then trade to Fyfe.

Which one of those 3 do the community vote to trade out. Have 10 trades left and want to sure up top 4 this wk v rival top 4 teams.

• Donavan says:

I would go Janesch to Fyfe.

Enright is just hitting form, and Suckling will get more freedom to play closer to the mids as Hawks backline players return. Stratton back this week, Gibson still to come.

16. Mike says:

thoughts on ben browns JS??`

• Matt says:

Very little, in a team with Goldy, Currie, Majak and pinch-hitting Petrie if he strings a couple of bad ones he will be gone

17. john fitzgerald says:

honeychurch or ben brown?

18. scano says:

do we need money going into finals or is it alright to spend all our money now?

• Donavan says:

Firstly you need to make the finals, so no point missing out with cash in the bank.

Secondly if you are at full premo by finals time (which should be a given), then you will need very little to cash because whoever you trade will be high priced.

• Kev says:

Brilliant advice mate. No point being tight with funds now if you are fighting for a spot in the 8. Get the best player you can

19. Woody says:

Need advice on my team,
    Def: McVeigh, Bartel, Thompson, Hanley, Jaunsch, Langdon (Bews, Aylett)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Beams, Murphy, Selwood, Johnson, Shenton (O'Brian, Acres)
    Rck: Sandilands, Goldstein (Currie, King)
    Fwds: Dangerfield, Zorko, Martin, Wingard, Pavlich, Dalhlous (Ambrose, Cameron)

6 trades left with about 190,000 in the kitty.

20. The_Darwin_Ducks says:

My midfield currently stands as
    Ablett, Libba, Selwood, Beams, Rockliff, Cotchin, Stevie J, Shenton (McDonald, Acres)

I'm wondering whether Shenton or McDonald are the better upgrade option?
    I can afford any midfielder and the first option is Pendles but do I try and go for a cheaper POD so I can save some cash for finals? Who do you think are the other must have midfielders?

• Liam says:

Get on Pendlebury. Pod no value if Pendlebury scoring higher which he should. Also in finals you would just sideways trade to another premium if necessary. For mine at that upper price you might consider jpk who has a good finals run

21. john snow says:

farking Mcevoy…… What a sizeable stain in my underpants…. 5 goals and BOG in the twos and still no game

• julz says:

Yeah feel yr pain john, bloody Bolton the stand in hawks coach is single handedly screwing my SC team, no Langford, hallahan and Mcevoy for weeks!!
      What are u doing with the Big Boy aka Big Turd, I’m gonna trade him just not sure if I will sub S Martin in from forward to ruck 2 , can then straight swap for Parker. Or buy a gun ruck, will involve 2 trades then due to lack of funds! Only 7 trades left.
      Can anyone else help us out with ideas?!

• john snow says:

I figure he was best on last week with 5 goals, maybe one more run in the twos and he'll be back in. I don't like wasting trades on rucks especially this late in the year.

I'm going to sub Martin into the R2 position from my forward line. Just means I have to play Ambrose on the field which isn't ideal. I've waited this long for him to get back in, if he's out next week he's gone I think. Too much money sitting on the bench

• Donavan says:

Watch the entire Casey Scorpions v Box Hill match last Saturday. Langford & McEvoy were the best 2 players. Both unlucky not to be named.

22. Davo says:

I an considering trading McDonald to Miles as M9. Solid backup with potential to rise a fair bit in price. My side is close to full premium, going well in my leagues, however have only 6 trades left. Not looking to trade again until just before finals.
    Thoughts community??

Tough call.

Like the trade, but with just 6 trades remaining i would hold onto trades, unless you have quality swinging players through each of the lines (Def-Mid, Mid-Fwd, Ruck-Fwd), as that flexibility is probably worth 2 extra trades.

23. James says:

Hi Community,

Should I trade in Chad Wingard, Rioli or Zorko for Impey or save some cash next week so that I'm able to afford Brent Harvey?

Cheers

24. Matt says:

The teams are in, my team is:
    Bartel, Simpson, Birchall, Jaensch, Suckling, Langford (McDonald, Bews)
    Ablett, Selwood, Beams, Murphy, Griffen, Thomas, Dunstan, Aish (Taylor, J.Martin)
    Sandilands, Cox (Derickx, Ceglar)
    Dangerfield, D.Martin, Parker, Zorko, Roughead, Wingard (Ambrose, Cameron)

I have 10 trades left and $69,200 in the bank. Dont really want to make more than 1 trade a week giving me around 5 trades for finals.
    But I'm in need for some help. Suggestions community?

25. scano says:

should we bring in Fyfe? worried he might be rested

• Caz says:

Don't think many freo players will be rested as there is a split round in round 18 and they will get a rest then. Freo will also want to make top 2 for a home final so will want to win as many games as possible.

26. bogga says:

Birchall or Hibberd? Langdon has served well but must be flicked

27. Dean says:

Rockcliff or Kennedy this week for Griffen, will pick up the other next week anyhow, just wanting to know who is more chance of hitting BE

• Hazey says:

Sloane is a cheaper option also, uber consistent wothcI think 4 scores >120 n none less than 80.

• Dean says:

Yea i like Sloane as a player for sure, but i think coming to end of year, with 2 slots left in MID, and plenty of cash, id rather grab the best of the best

• Hazey says:

In that case maybe Kennedy. Rocky is a beast but playing a lone hand at times which ‘might’ wear him down. Role change now possible with Brown gone too?

28. HiltonKid says:

Kersten or Honeychurch on field???!

• big aggots says:

Cats play tomorrow. If Kersten avoids the vest (which he should) then have him on the field. Church mouse looks like the sub with Gia out.

• Donavan says:

Is your F8 playing? You maybe able to loophole with Kersten playing Friday night.

29. Donavan says:

No trades this week.

Just 1 simple discission to make.

Who should be my F6 – Zorko or McGovern (no loophole available)

The other will be Fwd Emerg.

• big aggots says:

Zorko averages 104 at the Gabba this year, 76 on the road.
      McGovern faces Freo who apply the blowtorch to young players.
      Zorko for mine

30. Hazey says:

Zorko down to Miles, pocket $100k then final upgrade of Shenton to Parker then in 2 weeks final mid upgradevwith Miles moving to M9…..crazy talk?

Would leave me with 4 trades.

• Donavan says:

Keep Zorko, surely the Lions can not play as bad as they did last week, again this season.

I would hold onto trades, unless you will miss the finals. If you are looking at missing the finals then trade Shenton to Miles.

• Hazey says:

Thanks for the sanity check bro, must be the mad heat out here making me go troppo! The old trade finger sure loves itching.

Had a peek at the Freo draw too and couldn’t go past Fyfe. If they restbtjem, hopefully it’s Barlow one week, Teen Wolf the next.

• Kristofor says:

Zorko is hurting me too.. but no choice but to hold really.. him blasting out a 150 after I've traded him out would be the end of me.

31. Cratzy says:

Stop trading hazey. You are losing to plot man.

• Hazey says:

It’s the best part about the game… Lucky I’m not a trader in real life. I’d either be broke or living it hard Wolf of Wall street style!

32. mike says:

There’s good chances of double dipping this week. Tonight J Selwood VC loophole. (Ablett VC and Libba C a good option also). Sat Stef emergency – If tons up Charles Cameron subbed in for Dauhlhaus. If Shenton (e) tons up Saturday, Acres in for Kanewick (pod). Happy coaching!!

33. Blake says:

JPK or Fyfe + 50k

34. TOM says:

Thoughts on langdon to hooker

35. Bob says:

What is ben browns job security like?

• Garglesnarf FC says:

It’s just OK. He performed well enough as a forward to give him another week, but with Majak doing well in the twos I think Brown is always going to be one bad game away from being dropped.

36. Shaun says:

Thoughts on Scott d Thompson??? Seriously considering for D6 position!!

37. Mozz says:

My trades for the week:

Ambrose –> Kersten for some cash generation

Trade out Acres (MID), swing langdon into the MID and then trade in Hibberd in DEF.

Do people think that this is a good idea? I know that Langdon will bleed cash but i don't see when else i could open up the DEF/MID swing set. He will be on the bench aswell so does him bleeding cash reall matter?
    Cheers community :)

• Derek says:

if you have the cash to go straight Langdon >> Hibberd I would do that.

Keeping a trade is just as good as having a swingset.

Ambrose still has a low BE and might go up a bit more. Kersten has only played 1 game, so you can watch him for another week. You might like the look of Honeychurch better than Kersten.

• Kristofor says:

I'm waiting another week to watch Kersten.. will bring him in for Shenton or Taylor (Bris) next week if he scores reasonably.

38. Mebois says:

hi guys, im finding it difficult this week. have 9 trades left with 241k left in the bank.

DEF: hibberd, swallow, mcveigh, bartel, b. smith, hanley (kolo, langford)
    MID: ablett, pendlebury, beams, libba, sloane, cotchin, langdon, shenton (hallahan, acres)
    RUC: sandilands, jacobs (currie, thurlow)
    FWD: danger, gunston, pav, wingard, tex, s. martin (mcgovern, cameron)

stuck on ideas, want to trade langdon to a premo mid but can only afford 611k. thoughts.

• Hazey says:

Fyfe?

• M Honeychurch says:

Shenton to Parker instead?

• Mebois says:

shenton can still make a bit of cash but langdon will fall at a rapid rate so he is my main concern

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Having an M/D in your mids is precious at this time of year and while he might drop a little this week, he generally scores more points than Shenton and will make a superb M9 come finals.

I would keep him and concentrate on adding two premo mids. Shenton to Parker is a good move, as it keeps you flexible across every line. JSelwood would be solid as well.

When McGovern finishes fattening he can provide your final cash upgrade via either Langford or Kolo.

39. Mofoburger says:

Will Sammy Lloyd play???

40. Derek says:

need to upgrade Daisy Thomas. Have $516k to spend on someone. NDS is $518k.

any suggestions.

41. big aggots says:

Awkward price. Do you need swingsets? Hodge, Hanley, Burgoyne (defs) wait for Sam Mitchell etc. Parker, Wingard (fwds). Otherwise I still think Harley Bennell is a 560K stock. He just needs continuity and after Collingwood, they do have a soft draw heading home. Some risk with it but plenty of upside.

42. MightyDonsFC says:

Cotchin, Lids, Joey, Steven, Wingard, Shuey, Ziebell, Hibberd, Stanton or any other bloke under $464 800?

43. big aggots says:

My backline is ordinary and costing me games – McV, Swallow, Hibberd, Simpson, LMac, Langdon (BMartin, Georgiou)
    9 trades but only 41K.
    Short of robbing a bank, I was thinking of something even more dangerous.
    Minson to Ben Brown makes 387K. I can swing Stef Martin into rucks as R2 via Thurlow. (Sandi R1)
    This cash would allow Langdon to Bartel this week. Then LMac to Malceski or others next week.
    Is this crazy?

• MightyDonsFC says:

Do you have Derickx or ambrose?

• big aggots says:

No Derickx or Ambrose
        Team is:
        McV, Swall, Simp, Hibb, Langdon, LMac (BMartin, Georgiou)
        Abl, Pend, Libba, Jelwood, Beams, Stev J, Danger, Cotch (Miles, O'Rourke (loop))
        Minson, Sandi (Thurlow, Currie)
        Boomer, Parker, Breust, Buddy, Zorko, Motlop (Stef Martin, Cameron)

• Derek says:

Miles is to much cash on bench. Downgrade him to honeychurch. You might need SMartin when Freo play Saints and Sandi is rested (100% chance of that).

• Hazey says:

Go crazy and downgrade Cotchin n put Miles in at M8 while he fattens then upgrade Langdon or McD to a premo!

You’ll not lose any scoring power n make enough cash from the downgrade n Miles price rising for a few weeks for prob 3 premo upgrades!

PS – I have undiagnosed CTD (Compulsive Trades Disease) and cannot be held liable for any bad outcomes!

44. RooBoy says:

Hi Community,

I’d really like some help this week, am stuck whether to trade (if so who?) or not.

DEF: Bartel, McVeigh, Swallow, Jaensch, Burgoyne, H Shaw (Langford, Laidler)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rocky, Beams, Selwood, Murphy, Stevie J, Goddard (Hallahan, Acres)

Rucks: Sandi, Mumford(Derickz, Thurlow)

FWD: Harvey, Danger, D Martin, Zorko, Franklin, S Martin (Ambrose, Shenton)

Have 6 trades left with $19K in the bank, any thoughts hugely appreciated!

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Like BA says, do nothing. Jump on a cash cow either next week or the week after just to give you cash in the bank for trades down the track.

• Azmataz says:

Solid looking team there mate. If you were to trade out anyone, I would move on Jaensch for Malceski. But yeah definitely do a cash grab, like Shenton to honeychurch or Dericx to Brown. You might need cover in the mids though, so maybe cull Hallahan instead. Where are you ranked?

• Derek says:

Good team. only thing I would do is cash grab Derickx to have some money in your war chest for the run home.

• RooBoy says:

Thanks guys, pretty much what I was thinking too.
      Will probably wait a week on the Derickz to Brown to have another look at him (pretty happy Derickz not named as he won't drop in price).
      Can also wait a week on Zac Jones to get a look a Max Warren from North or Dan McStay from Brissie.

45. big aggots says:

RooBoy, that's a pretty good setup you've thrown together. I wouldn't trade unless you want to generate $$$.
    If you want 1 trade Derickz to Brown, Langford to Zak Jones or Hallahan to Honeychurch for mid cover.
    Save some trades for Jaensch to Sam Mitchell down the track.

46. Mitchell says:

What to do with Kade Simpson????

47. Jarrod05 says:

Hey community! Is it worth getting boomer Harvey? Or is he too expensive? What other options do you recommend?

Cheers!

• SCaddict says:

Paying too much of a premium right now I think. Parker is better value if you don't already have him. An absolute steal at $485K for a player averaging a tonne and still improving week to week.

• Kristofor says:

Stoked I got on him at his basement price… but now he costs too much.. better options for his coin.

• Azmataz says:

Not at that prce. Wait until he drops a bit – that 70 will drop his price (finally!) I am going to jump on at some stage.

48. Nick says:

Hey Guys,
    JUst after some advice whether to hold trades until next week (have a certain win this round) and what i should plan for trades next week. worried about my lack of bench cover!

DEF: Bartel, McVeigh, Swallow, Burgoyne, Hanley, Hurn (Georgiou, Tippett)

MID: Ablett, Beams, Selwood, Dal Santo, Stevie J, Wines, Vince, Shenton (Hallahan, Acres)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jacobs (Derickx, Currie)

FWD: D Martin, Danger, Breust, Zorko, Wingard, LeCras (Ambrose, Cameron)

6 trades left with $25,600 in the bank
    Thoughts are much appreciated!

• Mozz says:

I would definitely hold onto trades this week. Your team is 1 away from full premo so there's not much to worry about!
      If you're going to be in the finals as number 5-8, you would want 6 trades left
      If you're going to be in the finals as number 1-4, you would want 4 trades left

The only trade I can see (assuming there are no injuries) is an upgrade of Shenton. Maybe in 2 weeks you could downgrade Hallahan to Honeychurch and then upgrade Shenton to a premo and VOILA! Your team is finished

• big aggots says:

Hallahan to Honeychurch next week? Bench cover and approx $200K for last 5 trades.
      I'd also look at swapping Shenton with D'Field this week – then loophole Shenton with Ambrose as Cameron is still missing.

• Nick says:

cheers for the feedback guys! i should be top 4 for the finals. unfortunately ill be overseas for the finals… so looking at using all trades before then!

• Azmataz says:

You can still get on the Net overseas Nick! I think you should go Hallahan to Honeychurch. No mid bench cover is a bit dangerous…

49. Mitchell says:

Would it be stupid to downgrade Marc Murphy to Anthony Miles to make cash for finals time
    8 trades and 100k in the bank at the moment and a ruck and a forward spot away from full premium

• SCaddict says:

Not a trade I would personally recommend particularly as Miles has already jumped $75K. Due for a quiet one too as surely oppositions will afford him more attention soon.

Think you are better off trying to make cash out of the likes of a Kersten, Brown, Honeychurch and maybe even Zak Jones and hang on to Smurf in the process.

50. Jarrod05 says:

Thanks Cadd, yeah I’ve had Parker since the start of the year. I am leaning toward maybe Wingard or LeCras??? Thoughts?

51. Samuelscoach says:

Thoughts on bringing in marc murphy?

52. skateordie says:

community.. Rockliff or B Harvey and 100,000? Pushing Dangerfield from mid to forward opening up a spot in the mid. Keep in mind my forward line still has a rookie on the field while my mid with one of these options is at full premium.

53. Mozz says:

Hibberd, H.Shaw or Duffield? Have 45 mins to make a trade so would love someone's help quickly!!

54. Jarrod05 says:

Hibberd

55. John says:

Hey everyone
    Do i trade kane mitchell to cotchin which gives me enough cash to do ambrose to nick riewold next week
    Or do i trade kane mitchell to stevie j, bartel, or dal santo but keep ambrose
    Help pleaase

• MightyDonsFC says:

Don't bring in Nroo!

• Rhubarb says:

Consider K Mitchell to Wingard (30k cheaper than Cotchin) this week then look at Ambrose to a scoring mid next week by swinging Wingard forward. If you have the trades to downgrade another cash cow, you might be able to stretch to a fallen premo like S Johnson.

56. Rowdy says:

down to my last mid spot, already have Ablett Pendlebury Libba Jelwood Sloane Priddis and Beams so i was thinking either JPK Ward Rock or Fyfe.What are peoples thoughts or is there someone else i should consider?i have enough cash to get anybody also have 10 trades left

• Rhubarb says:

Solid Midfield Rowdy. If worried about further POD then Ward or JPK, otherwise Fyfe. Without knowing the rest of your team, Parker or even R Gray next week after a further price drop might help open a swing set and save a bit of $ for later.

57. Matt says:

Hey Community,
    My team is as follows:
    DEF: Bartel, Swallow, Malceski, Burgoyne, Hibberd, Enright (Cutler, Georgiou)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Selwood, Beams, Rockcliff, Goddard, Griffen (Hartung, Acres)
    Ruck: Jacobs, NicNat (Derickx, King)
    FWD: Danger, Martin, Zorko, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Ambrose (Fasolo, Shenton)

I have 9 trades and $25k in bank.

I'm thinking this week Derickx to B.Brown to free up much needed cash and then Griffen to Barlow to cover a donut. Leaves me with $142K
    Then next week Hartung to Honeychurch (or swing Shenton to mids and get Kersten) and Fasolo to Parker. Leaves me with $50k and 5 trades for finals.
    Also leaves me a little short with bench cover in Backline and Rucks but I can live with that for now.
    Thoughts, recommendations please…

58. Nik says:

With only 7 trades left should I trade Langdon for Mcveigh? Or trade cutler to enright therefore having good cover on the bench in Langdon when he comes back?

59. James says:

What to do with Mceovy ?

60. Matt says:

Best trade in for Derickx? Already have Sandilands and Cox, so not looking for anything special.

61. Simon T says:

12 trades left but need to keep winning to make the finals. Want to trade out Langdon. Should I trade him out for Thompson (NM) or Jaench (ADEL) who are potential premiums or should I trade him to Zac Jones (SYD) to generate a lot of cash which would help with future trades but not sure about his job security or score potential.

Any comments/thoughts/advice, greatly appreciated Community.

62. Michael says:

Thoughts on Acres-HChurch.
    Gives me mid backup (also have O'Brien but not named) + another mid-fwd swing which will make it easier to trade Taylor up to final mid premo.
    Only have 5 trades left after this though, should I wait until after next week to give HChurch a couple of runs?
    Final mid premo next week will leave me 3 trades and 1 fwd away from full premo.

• George says:

You'll be VERY low on trades by the end of it. If you want to really contend league finals I would hold off until he is on the bubble, and only then trade him in if he strings a few decent scores together, avoids the green vest and ends up with a really low breakeven.

63. MightyDonsFC says:

Trent cotchin or jack ziebell? Both have relatively easy finals run, could I bank on ziebell finding some consistency or cotchins consistent 85+

64. Cjay says:

How many times has Ports Impey had the green vest and what the chances for this week?

• Ollie says:

hasn't been sub yet from memory and i think port will go with sam gray as sub

• big aggots says:

Definitely had it against Cats as I needed 20 for a league win and he got 12…..

• dannyyboyy says:

ouch! with a BE of 9 this week i hope he goes ok, im aiming to trade him next week for kersten. hopefuly he has played enough games by now that he wont get vested to often but who knows. if u have another option to put on the field maybe go with that

• Jokers Wild says:

Twice (Round 6 & Round 7) but I wouldn't expect him to get it this week.

65. Ollie says:

Gday Jock
    What do i do with langdon because he’s got to go however i can only get a defender for him.

Any thoughts?

cheers

66. dannyyboyy says:

i have 609k to spend and i can get a mid or forward upgrade, due to lots of swing players. im thinkin gray or parker up forward, or a barlow or goddard for the mid. gray or parker is price dependant, but will spend the lot if i can get the right mid. what do u guys reakon?

67. Crowmagnon says:

I'm considering Hurn. Am I the only one?

68. Derek says:

Big Ben will play this week. Will be a late inclusion.

He is named as an emergency! he is ready to go, they are just playing games.

69. Shaun says:

Thoughts on Scott D Thompson as a D6??

70. Baggy Pants says:

First time on the forum thanks for all the great words of wisdom Jock Higgo Crouching and the rest of the crew, and of course thanks to the community. What's the communities thoughts on either Grant Birchall or Shaun Burgoyne as a replacement for Langdon

71. jkj says:

max warren js please!!

72. chandanrajdb says:

Hello Community,

I am ranked 137 overall and got 5 trades left……1 rookie (C Shenton) still left on the ground in the midfield but got $315,000 in the bank….I can do just use one trade and trade shenton to any player mentioned below…..need serious and genuine comments regarding who to bring in…..would really appreciate community’s thoughts on this trade……

1. JPK
    2. T Rockliff
    3. B Harvey
    4. N Fyfe
    5. L Parker

I need help…seriously need the community’s thoughts on this trade……

Obviously I can afford all the players mentioned above if I trade Shenton out……

Thanks,
    Raj…..

• Mathew says:

JPK great run in a great team that is very consistant and also a POD in 10% of teams.
      Good luck

• OldOcker says:

Get back to you later tonight mate I will study the stats to give you my best opinion.

Cheers bloke.

• chandanrajdb says:

Thanks mate…..Very much appreciated…..appreciate your wisdom here….

Common community……need some real wisdom this week……

Cheers,
        Raj……

• Cam_H says:

Raj,

Envious of your position, and wish you all the best as you hunt down that $50,000!

Is a Fwd/Mid of any value to you, or is a Mid 'specialist' OK?

• big aggots says:

Enviable position to be in – well done Raj!
      Price or BE's aren't relevant to you, so JPK all the way. He's a contested pill beast, team's winning, last 13 games all over 100. Is reliable even on quieter days and can post 150's when planets align. *sighs* Tossed up between him and Cotchin many frustrating weeks back….

• DJT says:

If last trade JPK 100% but with 4 trades left you want some cash so your able to sideways trade to anyone (Just my thoughts)

• OldOcker says:

Hi Raj, Great job with the ranking mate, I am back with an opinion because this is a tough call for your final decision.
      I know you have put up your team a few times mate but I am assuming you have GAJ, Pendles, Liber.
      Unless you need that mid/fwd swing I would be looking at JPK or Rocky.
      Most of the early leading teams had JPK from game one.

Looking at the last 7 games of the season ave for the last 3 years.

Josh P Kennedy:
      2011 96.7 Season Average 96.1
      2012 127.1 " 120.2
      2013 96.7 " 105.4
      2014 ? Current Average 121.1

Tom Rockliff:
      2011 129.6 Season Average 113.6
      2012 76 " 97.3
      2013 129.4 " 109.7
      2014 ? Current Average 123.3

Very tough call to make between these 2 players and I would like to have them both. My gut call would be Rocky only because I was dissapointed in JPK last year.
      BUT: This is your call and good luck with it.
      Parker is a must have in the forward line in my opinion.
      Harvey can be very inconsistent in his scoring when you need him most.
      Fyfe on stats compared to JPK and Rocky does not stack up at the end of the season.
      If you want the stats for the last 3 years in excel format Drop an email to "[email protected]" Just put in the subject heading "Ocker Said" I will make sure you get them.. This also breaks down the season into thirds to give you an idea as to how players start and finish the season.

Cheers Mate and great job on the ranking would love to see you win it mate.

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Ocker,

Thanks for your wisdom and stats above mate much appreciated……I went with the safe option and traded Shenton to JPK….and I am very happy with his debut in my team…..

Cheers,
        Raj…..

• OldOcker says:

Good onya mate the decision was yours,
          I wish you all the best, you are a very important part of the community mate, keep up the good work and never give up mate.

Cheers.

73. James says:

Community,

Take Ambrose's 53 or go with Impey?

Cheers,

• big aggots says:

Hard one. Not sure Impey would go much higher even without the vest.

• OldOcker says:

Hi James, Impey has only beaten that score on 4 occasions in ten games. The odds of him getting better are slim I would take it.
      But if you are confident of a win this week the risk could be worthwhile.

Cheers

74. OldOcker says:

What a bloody grouse game of footy to watch tonight. Great to see the Geelong blokes with Chappy after the game, Has to be one of the best I have seen this year. I don't have Foxtel.

Hope all went well with Super-Coach.

Cheers Everyone.

75. michael says:

Anyone else not getting score updates through Footy Star tonight?

• Cam_H says:

No scores tonight pour moi either … problems with their staff travelling to the game apparently.

76. Billy says:

Take selwood 138 for captain. or keep the C on Gaz??

• LJB says:

Face the same dilemma, the bloke I'm playing and I both have gazz as captain.

• DJT says:

I'd bank 276 for one player any day

• PJay says:

Gary vs Hawthorn in Launceston? Hawks haven't lost there in last 9 visits. They beat the suns by 99 points in round 4, but GAJ still had 35 possessions. I have the same decision, my opponent has GAJ so may just play it safe.

77. big aggots says:

Steven Motlop wound back from 104 post siren to 98 despite 2 match winning goals in the 4th. Must be related to Robbie Gray.

• David says:

lol i hear you mate, think its time to update the scoring mechanics in SC the threshold needs to go now surely. No justice to a player who has X factor or dominating in a game sometimes. Then i see players who pick up cheap possies who score as good or better when there's no pressure on them or breaking the game open. Just marki then kick or handball no tackles or frees for to boost the individual score, then they ton up? What a joke

78. Caz says:

Hi guys, birchell or malceski for Langdon. Thnx.

79. Benno_S says:

Thoughts on taking selwood's vc score of 138 or stick with the little master?

80. The benchmark says:

It’s probably been covered but did anyone else trade a decent ruck man (gold member for me) and downgrade them to b.brown and play Martin as there 2nd ruck man?

• big aggots says:

I toyed with that idea all week. If Brown plays well and Martin keeps scoring, it's still an option as Minson hasn't set the world on fire and I need the cash.

81. Tim Cahill says:

Would like to pick the brain of the community regarding my position with Tom Langdon. I have him, 7 trades and 50k in the bank. I think I have 3 options:

1. Upgrade to with Jaensch, S Thompson or Bob Murphy. They seem to be the only options around that 420k price range.
    2. Downgrade to Zak Jones or Mitch Brown. with the plan of upgrading a non-playing bench (Georgiou) into either Simpson or S Mitchell in the future.
    3. Hold.

I'm a bit lost on this one, could go either way to be honest so would definitely appreciate some assistance from the community.

• Cam_H says:

Tim,

I'm in a similar spot; only 6 trades but a bigger warchest. Not sure on the right move myself, but I've opted to hold (and could consider bringing Sam Mitchell back in depending on how all that pans out). Best of luck with whatever you choose.

• Tim Cahill says:

Thanks Cam. Thinking I'll hold as well, provided he's not a late withdrawal. I've got a close league match that I need to win so might have to trade to ensure the win!

82. BCHawks says:

Jock just revealed his trade. Balls of Steel! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jock-Reynolds-Fant

83. Chris says:

Who to loophole

I have Taylor walker on my bench as F7 and a non scoring whereas the other,

Therefore I can loophole pretty much any Player who I think mightn’t score well, then I get to choose whether I keep his score or pick walker over him..

Who would you loophole out of:

Danger field, Martin, zorko, roughead or Martin

Basically it is either zorko or Martin,

I’m leaning towards zorko as he had put some ordinary scores of late

84. Chris says:

Who to loophole

I have Taylor walker on my bench as F7 and a non scoring whereas the other,

Who would you loophole out of:

Danger field, Martin, zorko, roughead or Martin

S

Basically it is either zorko or Martin,

I’m leaning towards zorko as he had put some ordinary scores of late

• DJT says:

Vintage zorko… When you back him in he lets you down and as soon as you give up on him… BANG!

85. David says:

Why did Birchall get subbed ?
    He was doing awesome late in the 3rd and early last in the last quater.

86. Tommykwr says:

Do I take abletts 157 or keep libba as captain

87. Ryan says:

Howdy community, took a punt and put the VC on dusty, didn't pay off. Not 100% sure who to make the captain this week. Kennedy vs gws, Libba vs dees or pendles vs blues?
    Thanks guys

• OldOcker says:

Hi Ryan, In my opinion Liber without a doubt.
      I had GAJ as VC into Liber C But I am naturally going to take GAJ score.

Cheers.

• Ryan says:

Cheers mate, will take a punt on libba

• Patsy says:

The thing with Libba is that even when he doesn't touch the ball, he tackles like crazy!! And points for tackles are concrete, not dependent on efficiency. Good choice

88. James says:

Should i take Shenton's 74 or take the punt on Tex Walker?

• DJT says:

You got Shenton in because his a cash cow, you got Tex in for his scoring capabilities for his price so back your gut in and back Tex in to score higher then Shenton

89. piewood1 says:

1008/ 7 – so far 7 players & seven tons…..put the vice on Ablett & will take his 157.

90. The Filth says:

1966 pts with six to play – Jacobs, R Gray, Pendles, Beams, Simpson and Danger.

Lions players made up for their poor scores last week..

91. piewood1 says:

2049 with 5 to go – Pendles, Libba, Beams, Smurph & Danger

92. NutSack says:

Finally heading for a score ABOVE projection. Taken long enough. Currently on 2197 with Beams, Minson, Gray and Wingard to come. Hoping for 2800 but will be happy with 2550.

PS my opponent who is top of the league will get a rude shock when he sees C M Crouch is gonna pump me out 277 : )

VC on GAJ 157 + loophole on Taylor 120 = M Crouch my highest scoring player :)

hehehe

93. Horse says:

1814 from 15 with Liberatore (C), Pendles, Beams, A Walker, Lobbe, Danger & Jaensch to come. The top round score of 2720 will be smashed this week surely?

94. Anthony says:

Pearce Hanley, and Stefan Martin really really proud of them this week even zorko

• Anthony says:

with 2048 6 more to play Tex,Chad,K.Mitchell,Danger,Simpson and Beams surely i have a chance going for the $$$

• SCaddict says:

Wouldn't get your hopes up. 2650 will be around par this week which means there will be some buggers who get close to 3,000!

95. Donavan says:

2075 from 17. Still have Pendles, Beams, Gray, Dangerfield and Dahlhaus to play.

Hoping for at least 2600, maybe 2700.

Breaking new ground' as best prior to this week was 2456.

96. Tim Cahill says:

On 1861 from 14, with Libba, Pendles, Beams, Danger, Jacobs, Dahlhaus, T Walker and Langdon to play.

My personal best is somewhere in the high 2400s so looking to smash that this round!!!

97. Rick Grimes says:

1910 with Jacobs, Sloan, Libba, Danger, Gray, Beams, Simpson. Could go massive.

98. Wattsieesq says:

Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic this round. Great stuff.

99. Itchy Nuts Pieman says:

2000 with Pendles, beams, m murphy, Darlhaus, danger & Jacobs. Hoping for 2600+

100. Mangrove Jack says:

2027 with Beams, Boyd, Jacobs, Dangerfield, Murphy and Gray. Hoping for 2600 which will be my best

101. Loc6 says:

Should I take Taylor's 120 by trading Polec to a cheap mid/fwd player or save the trade and see what Polec gets.

Going for league win.

Any advice would be appreciated.

102. dannyyboyy says:

2093 with 6 left to play, simpson, lobbe, gray, pendles, beams and danger. its a big round for a lot of people im looking at 2600+

103. piewood1 says:

Libba????……only 8 disposals in 3 Quarters!

104. Adam says:

Libbas on my shopping list in a couple of weeks

105. OldOcker says:

I am going to win my main league this week which puts me in the top four of all five leagues this week.

106. The Filth says:

Langdon out – Late change for the Pies FYI for those who have him…

107. Big Ben says:

Might just crack 2600 myself this week boys, hot dog

108. Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this site.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal.
    I must say you’ve done a very good job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Chrome.
    Outstanding Blog!

my blog – muscle Growth Pills

109. Very good info. Lucky me I found your blog by accident (stumbleupon).

I’ve bookmarked it for later!

For a better solution please view this web-site :: des moines airport jobs

110. Me da diarrea la clase de cosas que poneis en este sitio webb Pero traanquilidad que ya
    nno entro mas