Flesh for Fantasy – Round 13

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on June 13, 2014 • views: 1728

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

Another week gone and probably the most significant SuperCoach news of the weekend was the injury to Jobe Watson. While it is a cruel blow, might be a good chance to downgrade him for $$$$ to fix up rest of team, or go straight to an ultra-premium like Pendles.

With the World Cup starting this morning, it is important to remain focused in a time where most may be losing sleep. If you’re not a soccer man, take this opportunity to gain an advantage over your opponent and to research while he sleeps. As they say, “while you’re sleeping, someone is trading”

Here is this week’s Flesh.

GET HIM IN

Hamish Hartlett (PORT) MID – $502,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: SYD (A), WBD (H), ADEL (A), ESS (H), RICH (A)
  • Recent Scores: 123, 101, 76, 152
  • Breakeven: 73

A solid little run of run, despite missing through suspension, has brought Hamish Hartlett into SuperCoach calculations. Nicely priced at a touch over $500k and has 3 100s in his last 4. 37 touches, 8 marks and 1 goal against St Kilda was a nice return after a 2 week layoff and after Sydney this week has a good run coming up, where he won’t leave the state of Adelaide for 3 weeks then plays a woeful Richmond. Depth in Port Adelaide’s midfield will mean Hamish won’t receive all the attention. Purely at price and form, it is worth considering Hamish if you don’t have the cash to go to an ultra premium.

Nick Malceski (SYD) DEF – $536,200 SC

• Next 5 Games: PORT (H), RICH (A), GWS (H), WCE (A), CARL (H)
  • Recent Scores: 112, 80, 101, 144, 116
  • Breakeven: 61

What a season Malceski is having. He’s one I have mentioned before, but really, he must get another run. Yet to drop under 80 all season, 1 score before 100 since round 4. Unbelievable. Given that form, his price is reasonable. If you breakdown his scores, the beautiful thing about Malceski is not the fact he is a walk up start to 20+ disposals, but he’ll both kick more than he handballs and take 6+ marks a game – both areas that will help increase his score. Again, like Hartlett, if he can get through this week, Nick has a really nice run of games. Definitely worth pursuing as defender upgrade.

Jarryd Roughead (HAW) FWD – $487,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: CARL (A), COLL (H), GCS (H), NM (A), ADEL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 137, 90, 52, 184
  • Breakeven: 73

Another one worth considering given value. Ignore the 52, was a rusty score after a missing a couple of weeks. Responded with an 8 goal, 24 disposal, 184 game if you don’t mind. There is not a lot to breakdown with Roughead, you know what you’re going to get. I just think at that price, it would be foolish not to consider. Another discounted premium somewhat who you could upgrade to if you’re short on cash.

Nic Naitanui (WCE) RUCK – $422,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: GCS (H), STK (A), FRE (A), SYD (H), BRIS (A)
  • Recent Scores: 73, 80, 113, 116
  • Breakeven: 23

I’m nervous mentioning ol’ mate Nic Nat Paddy Whack. I just know he is due for a poor one. He has played and scored too well last couple of weeks. But then I look at West Coast’s run of games and ruckman that Nic Nat will be facing – Zac Smith, Billy Longer, Sandilands, Tom Derickx and god knows who…Merrett maybe?? He wasn’t rucking against much last week against Ceglar, but the week before he was solid against Goldstein. If you break down the North game, it was classic Nic Nat – didn’t get a lot of the ball, didn’t dominate the ruck, yet scored 113. He has that ability to score big without having much of an impact – which is why I reckon he should be looked at given his price. Sub $430k, nice run of games coming up, you’d be silly not to look at it.

GET HIM OUT

Jobe Watson (ESS) MID – $580,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: Injured
  • Recent Scores: Good, but irrelevant
  • Breakeven: -

Out for what appears to be remainder of season. Might get back for finals, but who knows how the ASADA news will impact the rest of their season. Given his high price, you have license to send him to a premium midfielder. Have fun shopping!

Matthew Jaensch (ADEL) DEF – $414,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: NM (H), ESS (A), PORT (H), GWS (A), HAW (H)
  • Recent Scores: 38, 98, 76, 128, 38
  • Breakeven: 82

There is doubt on Jaensch’s availability, with many suggesting he could be a late out with concussion. Given his recent run of form too coming back from a previous injury, if you have the luxury of pulling the trigger, I would. Score dangerously close to getting below $400k and becoming untradeable.

Luke Breust (HAW) FWD – $443,800 SC

• Next 5 Games: CARL (A), COLL (H), GCS (H), NM (A), ADEL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 139, 70, 91, 84, 87
  • Breakeven: 114

High breakeven, out of form, time to dump. He is simply not getting enough of the footy. Last week he amassed just the 9 touches, while against GWS his impact was slightly better – 13 touches and 2 goals. Luke is certainly not performing to the early season levels, where he was getting 20+ touches and kicking goals. Bruest has featured in “Get Him In” before, but now it is time to “Get Him Out”.

BREAKING POINT

• Gary Ablett (GCS) 128 BE
  • Jarryd McVeigh (SYD) 126 BE
  • Dayne Beams (COLL) 121 BE
  • Matt Priddis (WCE) 123 BE
  • Michael Hibberd (ESS) 109 BE

PUB TALK

Here are this week’s burning questions

Image 1

ANSWER: On potential, you have to go Stevie J – proven scorer and “due” for a big game if you like working that way. But in terms of value given their form, you’d have to go Wingard. Take out that 10 he scored against Melbourne and he’s been quite solid of late, looks to be Wingard of last year.

Image 2

ANSWER: Interesting question. I think safety would be Andrew Swallow, his form against Adelaide has been sensational and he has been slowly building. Stevie J is value at that price, but isn’t in the best knick scoring-wise so there’s a chance he may continue bad run, or he’ll pump out 160.

Image 3

ANSWER: Malceski for mine, purely based on reasons above. His form is outrageous right now and has a nice run of games coming up. Hard to ignore someone who’s dropped under 100 once since round 4 at that price.

Image 4

ANSWER: Pendles purely for security. Hasn’t dropped below 100 all year. Amazing form and if you want to win your league/improve your ranking, it would not hurt to have someone like Scotty P in your line up…not to mention Collingwood have a nice run home.

Image 5

ANSWER: Oooooooh, toughy given your trades. I reckon you’re probably best to trade him out, and given you’ve got the cash in the bank (hopefully), you could go straight to his team mate Roughy. Also, you could maybe look at going down to Wingard and saving a bit of coin. Either way, reckon probably for the best you start moving on the likes of Gunston and Breust.

Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

Tips, Bits, Kicks and Goals Right Here:

PODCAST: The Queen Joins Us To Talk Supercoach

Round 13 Supercoach Prices And Breakevens

Tight Arse Tuesday – Round 13

Round 13 Supercoach Scouting Report

PODCAST: Round 13 Community Night Podcast

1. @TG_Footy_Tragic says:

Thanks crimmo!

2. cam says:

What is the best forward under $504? This will be last spot.

3. about time says:

Completely unrelated but I just wanted to add my 2-cents on ASADA offering Essendon players up to 75% reductions in penalties if they finally come clean. I think this is fine for junior players, but the senior group should have the book thrown at them. To quote Chris Judd on the matter – "I would hope if someone said to me 'I want you to have multiple injections at an anti-ageing clinic', I would have hoped I would have been able to say 'no, that doesn't sound like me'." Adding that ''real heroism is when you're able to stand up and be different from the crowd, for…when you get that feeling in your stomach that something's not right. Whether or not some senior Essendon players had that feeling, I don't know.''

Watson's position as captain is untenable and his tainted Brownlow should be handed back!

• The Filth says:

Whilst I can agree with some of your sentiments regarding Essendon, I wouldn’t quote Chris Judd.
      I would hope as a senior player Judd would not take ex gratia payments from Richard Pratt for ‘promoting Visy’ as a means of rorting the salary cap. Judds halo is also tainted.

• about time says:

Judd's deal with Visy was AFL approved from day 1. He's not the only marquee player with a similar deal outside the cap. Judd's point was spot-on, some/all/at least one of the senior players should have said "I'm not doing this, its dodgy." How can a player go from a handful of injections per season (typically pain killers during a match) to multiple per week (off site and not administered by the Club Doctor) and not have massive doubts?

• Hazey says:

I would love an explanation from the AFL as to how pain killing injections are not considered performance enhancing?

• john snow says:

what's wrong with pain killing jabs? They don't enhance the performance of an uninjured player

• tmac says:

yet as soon as Judd's $250k out of sal cap disappears word on the street is that he walks!!!

• The Garbo says:

The book should be thrown at them "IF" found guilty. Goes for any professional athlete. Wade Lees got a 18 month suspension from the vfl even after pleading negligence. And to think that athletes at a higher level of professional sport could get a significantly less penalty for pleading negligence and assisting the investigation is a complete joke. But perhaps different circumstances….

• Itchy Nuts Pieman says:

This is just a jounalist grab for strories. The AFL needs to provide 9 games a week for 5 years. Nothing will come of this. A deal will be cut behind the scenes.

• about time says:

So Essendon is now bringing further shame on itself and the game with Federal Court action. Still blaming everyone else despite their own internal inquiry finding they ran a pharmacologically experimental program never adequately controlled, checked or challenged.

The only deal that may happen is the AFL and Club Presidents once again telling Essendon to pull their heads-in or lose their license and go play in the VFL. Caroline Wilson has summed it all up beautifully here –

4. Garglesnarf FC says:

I am being such a Tight Arse this week, that it will be Heath Shaw and Zorko as ins for me. I cant afford anything better! Would LOVE to get Malceski, but not this year.

5. sharker4 says:

Malceski or McVeigh?

6. Simon says:

How is Ablett Going Down with a BE of 128? His avg is more than is isn't it?

7. Mozz says:

SLOANE OR FYFE!!?!??

This dilemma is doing my head in and i don't know what to do :(
    On one hand, fyfe has the bigger ceiling and can pull out massive 130+ scores. But then he could be rested and fremantle don't have an easy SC finals run. But they do have an easy run coming up!

On the other hand, sloane DOES have an easy SC finals run, it's just that he does not have a very high ceiling, and will probably get 110 max each week, which is good but could come vital when you need that 130 score to scrape you through.

What are other people thinking?

• BCHawks says:

Fyfe

• Sarah says:

Sloane

• Mozz says:

doesn't help my situation when there are votes for both!
        Why are you going for Sloane sarah?

• Sarah says:

Consistency, good supercoach finals run and you don't have the constant stress of wondering if he's going to get rested. Sloane will never be rested. Even when he's injured he still wants to play and after his comments on Adelaide effort during the week, he'll be giving you 100% week in week out. You never question Sloane's effort.

• Azmataz says:

Yeah I agree with Sarah. Sloane is a much safer bet. Fyfe WILL miss games so that puts Sloane ahead of him in itself.

• Remy says:

My opinion would be Sloane.
      Soooo consistent.
      Gone under only once this season. Very durable too…
      Also, Fyfe has had injury problems in the past; be mindful of that.

• john snow says:

Sloane, so consistent. I'm gun shy of freo players because of the chance of a rest in important games

• The Ranger says:

Depends if you are a gambling man or not.
      Sloane is the safe bet.
      Fyfe comes with risk.

• The Garbo says:

People are forgetting that Fyfe has only gone under the ton once as well. And unlike Sloan has the ability to post those +150 scores.

PLUS Fyfe has only gone 110 or under 4 times compared to Sloans 6.

Only reason I would go Sloan over Fyfe is because Sloan has an easier Finals run. But you have to get to finals first and Freo has an easier run till then. And I suspect Freo wont be resting stars unless they are firmly in the number 1 or 2 spot on the ladder.

8. Remy says:

Is Cutler to O'brien a safe trade?
    I need a playing body on my field as I have no cover for Cutler (With Bews being "managed")
    I just think he'll get the dreaded vest again though.
    Is McGovern a better bet?

9. Andrew says:

Is it time to ditch Ryder for a Nic Nat or Lobbe?

10. Simon T says:

Here are my options for this week:

1) Lloyd to McGovern and Polec to Hartlett or Wingard
    2) Swap Polec with Taylor and trade Polec for a FWD (e.g. Petrie) and put Dunstan in the Midfield
    3) Langford to Litherland and Polec to Johnson/Parker/Hartlett/Petrie or any other suggestion.

Please help. Any advice/comments greatly appreciated.

• Mozz says:

I'm thinking that you should go with option 2.
      Swapping Polec with Taylor will open up hte FWD/MID swing and you are only using one trade instead of two.
      I've brought in Petrie myself this week, hoping his form is on the up!

11. James says:

Boomer or fray for an upgrade in the fwd this week big decision ??

12. Tom.H says:

HONEYCHURCH HAS BEEN NAMED PEOPLE!!!!!!

13. dognino says:

8trades left , still a couple of rookies on field, but zero bench cover with Langford,Tippett, halahan,acres,Lloyd, Roberts on my bench and none playing, is it worth downgrading to raise money now, eg halahan to obrien or just keep holding my trades whilst I can still field 22 playing and go 1 up 1 down closer to finals to fill my last couple of spots ?

Thanks community

• Matt says:

Have the same problem with langford and bews in defence, I definetly think getting obrien in for hallahan is a very smart move though.

• dognino says:

Yeah I did that, holding the rest for now tho, barring LTI . I have enright in my back line too, so there's always a chance he's a late withdrawal , so no bench cover brings the chance of donuts :-(

14. dognino says:

Just read Boyd is a late withdrawal from the doggies, honeychurch makes the 25 man squad in his place, hopefully he makes the cut tonight

• Mozz says:

will they release the 22 man cut before the hawks/blues game?

• dognino says:

Should do, usually about 6-6:30

• Mozz says:

I traded Hallahan to Petrie this week (via Taylor DPP), if Honeychurch is named, should I reverse the trade and get him in?

• dognino says:

Personally I wouldn't trade him in until he's played 2 games and on the bubble, . I'm trying to hold trades as long as I can now as I've lost a lot through injury this season, and now stuck with a bench full of non playing rookies . If honeychurch starts getting games I'm happy to hold halahan another 2 weeks , as long as I can still field 22

• Mozz says:

your thoughts on Petrie?

• dognino says:

For what it's worth I wouldn't get him as key position players are too inconsistent. Don't put your faith in my opinions tho, I'm ranked in the 30 000 somewhere . That's why I read these forums , pick and choose through all the info available, and then follow your gut

• derek says:

i have Roughie, Buddy, Cloke as Key forwards.

They take it in turns to have massive scores.

15. Matt says:

Looking to trade out Bews and Tyson any ideas, have 40k extra

16. Jenny says:

Hey community, I’ve got a big problem this week. I can do a slight upgrade from Adcock or Sdt to a premium. Adcock is a solid 90 average defender every season and this year doesn’t seem to be doing much. He has an alright run but a breakeven of 137 is a worry. On the other hand there is Sdt who has a glorious run but is doing absolute jack all this year. Has a breakeven of 87 so won’t lose much cash this week. Or do I upgrade my F6 of Taylor into a premium. I was thinking of getting in David Swallow but he has a tough month ahead. I would like to know the communities thoughts on whether I should do a slight upgrade from Adcock or Sdt to a premium or an upgrade from Taylor. I will have 110k in bank which will allow me to get Zorko or Riedwoldt for Taylor or get Swallow in for Sdt or Adcock or use my advantage of a swing set in the midfield and bring in the likes of Parker, Swan, Griffen or Stokes for Adcock or Sdt.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

• Azmataz says:

Who's SDT? I would upgrade Taylor to Zorko and change Adcock into Heath Shaw if money permits.

17. Jay says:

At the start of the week, I was going to go the standard route for the Jobe trade:
    Jobe and Dom Tyson out -> Steve Johnson and Rory Sloane in (leaving me with only 2-3k in the bank)
    as the week went on, my mind started getting a bit more radical and the trade I'm now contemplating is:
    Watson & Tyson out -> Rocky and Stefan Martin in (via Zorko DPP)

This move will not one give me 170-180k in the bank next week for upgrading McDonald to any of the top defenders and more importantly it opens up 2 swing sets. Zorko into the Mids for Mid/Fwd swing and Martin into D6 with Thurlow as R4…..so all main swing sets into play – Mid/Def, Mid/Fwd, Fwd/Ruc

Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated?

• Favalinko says:

This is the same as I am thinking. With trades becoming low we need those swing sets

18. Hugh says:

Love your work Crimo!
    Jock, Community do we all agree that Malceski is a must this week? And whats everyone one's thoughts on TAT's Heath Shaw?

19. john snow says:

Was planning on bringing in O'Brien this week. Is it worth going Honeychurch instead? I don't normally bring in a rookie til he's on the bubble though.

20. Jay says:

Upgrading the faz to either n.roo or wingard this week. Thoughts?

21. Favalinko says:

whats the communites thoughts? have Sandi and H Mac, do I trade out H Mac for Nic Nat or do I trade Currie for Martin because that will save a donut when and if Sandi gets rested. PLEASE HELP SUPER COACHES.

22. Mozz says:

Am i mad for trading in Petrie??

• Hugh says:

Just like the mad irishman…and he's a supercoach legend

• Favalinko says:

Hi Mozz thanks for the reply above unless you have 12 trades or more I wouldn't be trading in Petrie because he wont be a keeper

• Mozz says:

I have exactly 12 trades and trading Watson out for sloane, so this trade would bring me down to 10 trades. Really not sure if it is worth it (Hallahan out, Taylor into mids and then trading Petrie in)

My other plan was to wait until next week then maybe bring in s.martin based on how he goes this week, but I don’t see him being a keeper either. This is why I’m freaking out about Petrie, I just don’t know!! :'(

• Favalinko says:

I took your advice and went with Martin he is cheaper than Petrie and will make perfect bench cover for forward/ruck

• Danners16 says:

Yes, very inconsistent

• john snow says:

• Jack says:

Are you drunk?

23. Lloyd says:

Is there any truth to the rumours that Joel Selwood will miss this week???

24. Chook says:

G'day Community. Wondering what the best downgrade option is this week?
    I'm looking at O'Brien and McGovern but which has the best JS and lowest risk of getting the vest?

25. George says:

looking to trade watson for either Rockliff or Ward. Alot of hype on Rockliff and he deserves it but Ward seems a very consistent high scorer as well but roughly $60k cheaper. Unsure on how Ward goes with a solid tag though. Thoughts?

• Danners16 says:

You need to start thinking supercoach finals soon and Brisbane don't have a good run unlike C.Ward who has a great run so C.Ward would be the player to get

• Favalinko says:

Rockys to expensive now, I would go Ward and save the cash which will come in handy later down the track

26. Danners16 says:

Hey guys just found out A.Fasolo is out this week, I have P.Ambrose on the bench, do I play him or do I upgrade A.Fasolo, the problem is though I only have $69,000 in my bank and I am lowish on my trades.
    Advice would be great thanks

• Favalinko says:

If you think you can win with Amrose on the field I would hold. You will need your trades

• Wattsieesq says:

Ambrose has scored 70 in his past two. Essendon playing Melbourne so it will be tough for forwards. If you can deal with all of that, then save your trades.

• dognino says:

Yep, I've played ambrose the last 2 weeks and been happy with his scores, especially alongside my other Fwds in zorko, wingard and reiwoldt who can dish out 10's every now and then

27. dave2008 says:

Thinking I might just sit this week and not trade. I almost certain of being top 4 and have 13 trades. Problem is cash generation with Hartung Acres Thurlow Currie Clurey all not playing. I was going to do HIggins to Swallow through Zorko and maybe Hartung for Obrien from Bris. Thoughts please?

Team
    B: McVeigh Bartel D Swallow Suckling Enright Birchall (Laidler Clurey)
    C Ablett Pendles J Kennedy Selwood Beams Murphy Zorko Shenton (Acres Hartung)
    R Jacobs Sandilands (Thurlow Currie)
    F Dangerfield Roughy R Gray Higgins D Martin Dalihaus (Ambrose Taylor)

• Favalinko says:

Sitting in a nice position there Dave. I would hold and maybe bring in Martin next week for one of your bench players in forward line to open up swing set for your ruck for when Sandi gets rested

• dave2008 says:

Sounds good. Trades are just so important and Im 9-1 with foour games left that are almost in the bag.

28. Jack says:

Def: D.Swallow J.Mcveigh J.Bartel M.Hibberd G.Birchall C.Enright (W.Langford A.Georgiou)
    Mid: G.Ablett S.Pendlebury J.Kennedy T.Rockliff D.Beams J.Selwood C.Ward C.Shenton (B.Hartung B.Acres)
    Ruc: A.Sandilands S.Jacobs (D.Currie M.King)
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield D.Martin J.Roughead C.Wingard S.Higgins P.Ambrose (J.Impey S.Lloyd)
    31k 12 trades left

I was thinking of trading Langford down to a base price rookie and then upgrading ambrose, any other trade options would be highly appreciated!

29. Cameron says:

Which option should i do?

A) Watson to Stevie J and Langdon to Hibberd
    or
    B) Watson to A.Swallow and Langdon to D.Swallow/Hibberd
    or
    C) Watson to Stevie J and Suckling to D.Swallow

30. Wattsieesq says:

Gunston out. Obrien in.

31. Wattsieesq says:

Ross is the hawks sub

32. Dylan says:

Hey guys,which option
    A) Hartung> O’Brien and will have to play Zob if rumours are true that Selwood is a late out
    B) Hartung>Mcgovern which will mean Lewis Taylor is M9 and will have to play Taylor not Mcgovern if Selwood is out

33. Nathan says:

Should I put Impey, Ambrose or Lennon on the ground in my F6 posi? Would appreciate your thoughts as I keep double guessing myself

• Mozz says:

Richmond play fremantle — Don't put lennon on
      Essnedon play Melbourne — Fwds don't go well against them so maybe not ambrose
      Port play Sydney — impey up against McVeigh and Malceski?

I would personally go Ambrose, as he has consistently scored around the 70ish mark. Impey could score more but don't have faith in him yet. Either way do not choose lennon

34. john snow says:

Ambrose

35. Mozz says:

C.Ward or Sloane? Starting to drift towards C.Ward now……

• Nathan says:

I like Ward too, and a slightly better POD

• john snow says:

Can't go wrong with either. Ward if you have the spare cash

• Mozz says:

I think i'll go for sloane. GWS play Collingwood in the Prelim finals for SC so i'm guessing that Ward will probably get the Macaffer tag.

Do we think that macaffer will go to ward?

36. Jake the snake says:

G'day Crimmo.
    I'm a little unsure why you'd want to dump Bruest…
    His scores aren't all that bad at all for a forward player.
    And I don't see how he's out of form. (Kicked 30 goals for the year and leads the league in score assists)
    Unless you have bundles of trades up your sleeve, IMO it's the wrong move.

37. Derek says:

Hawthorn had 3 players score over 100 tonight. Hill, Sewell and Ceglar!!!

• Remy says:

Shame Ceglar will get dropped when Big Boy's back.
      If you picked him up, you would've been happy though…

38. Dustbin Feltchers says:

Just a quickkie…good luck to the socceroos and their coach Flange Busted Clogged Loo..

39. Remy says:

So guys… What should I do about Bews not playing??
    I have can swing Billings into my midfield and downgrade him to O'Brien…
    I'll have roughly 390k to spend on a defender.
    Was thinking McKenzie from the suns.
    Please Help guys!

40. Matt says:

Is trading in Jack Frost for Jed Bews worth it?

41. Simon T says:

Quick question. One trade to get Wingard for Polec or two trades and get hartlett or Parker. 14 trades left. Either option leaves me with the same amount of cash

42. Guest says:

Thoughs on Cotchin to Hannebery? or trade Higgins for Parker/Gray?

43. john snow says:

Mike Pyke OUT, Great news for Derrickx owners

44. Jake says:

HArtlett and Roughie yeeeeee

45. MightyDonsFC says:

Wouldn't get Andrew Swallow this week, Sam Kerridge will go to him

46. Matt says:

Is trading out Bews for Lonergan worth considering?
    If not I need some suggestions, I'm lost.

• The Mullet says:

I wouldn't. Lonergan being a lock down type defender is a very low scorer. Bews was listed as "managed" in the team announcements when he was dropped on Thurday night. Its possible that he could be back next week. Unless you are going to cop a donut, I'd try sweating it out for a week.

47. MightyDonsFC says:

Hate this 3300 cap, hurn gets 158 and gray gets 93. Compare their stats on live hq

• Hazey says:

Yeah I just don’t get how you can have a maximum amount of awesomeness available in a game!?!??

48. Adam says:

McLOVIN saves the day!

same he wasn't on my starting 22……

49. Matt says:

Is trading out Bews for Delaney worth it, please need serious help on getting rid of this bloke

• dognino says:

How much cash Do you have, how many trades left for this round, what's the rest of your team look like?

All in all tho you are probly better of copping a donut this week and plan a decent replacement to pick up next week, rather than bring in a dud for the sake of 1 week

• Matt says:

Have 110k, 11 trades left, 1 for this round.
        Team is Simpson Bartel Birchall Jaensch Suckling McDonald (Lanford, Bews)
        Ablett Beams Selwood Murphy Zorko Griffen Thomas Dunstan (Aish, Hartung)
        Sandilands Ceglar (Cox, Derickx)
        Dangerfield Parker Martin Roughead Wingard Ambrose (Taylor, Cameron)

50. Lloyd says:

Guys just spotted an amazing fallen premium option next week, he'll be down 35k on his starting price and is an integral part of a performing Sydney team. Is anyone thinking of bringing Gary Rohan in fresh off his inspiring performance of -2??

51. Dustbin Feltchers says:

captain hindsight says jarman skimpy or charlie cameron out and mclovin in…have i missed the boat on mcgovern??? stefan martin next week community

52. john snow says:

Yeh Mclovin looks good. I put Martin in this week in my forward line to give me a swing to rucks with Thurlow. Now I can downgrade Derrickx for a cash grab and still have ruck cover in Martin.

53. Paul says:

I have to trade out Watson this week to avoid a donut, who should i get out of stevie j, swan, jones, goddard, montagna, or hayes?

54. BCHawks says:

So glad that I brought in Martin this week. It looks like there are going to be a lot of high scores this round!

55. piewood1 says:

Hows everybodys scores looking this week & what do we think we be a par-score?
    1708/ 16 with Beams, Pendals, Libba, Burnman Higgins, Goddard & Jelwood so hopefully 2300 plus
    currently ranked 3,892.

• BCHawks says:

nice score has your captain played yet?

• piewood1 says:

yep… how are you doing?

• BCHawks says:

1663/16 with Bartel, Selwood, Pendlebury (C), Beams, Libba and Goddard. Hoping for 2350+

• Porcelain says:

1554/14 – Beams (C), Jelwood, Bartel, Enright, Shenton, Dunstan, Langon & Ambrose.
            Thanks to 140+ from Buddy, Nic Nat, Prestia & McLovin (glad I chose him and not O'Brien).

Does anyone know why McLovin had 6 weeks gap between his first and 2nd games ?

56. Oz1 says:

Morning community. I'm looking to free up some cash to upgrade M8 and F6 and have too much locked up in the backline with Langdon at D7, so looking for someone to downgrade to but there hasn't been many decent downgrade options down back recently! Whoever I trade in will probably be there for the rest of the season and I've got Cutler at D8 who's not playing so ideally it'd be someone with good job security. With no good rookies on the horizon (that I know of), was looking at either Jack Frost or Maverick Weller. I'm thinking Weller probably has the better scoring potential, but Frost probably the better job security. Thoughts on these 2 or any other options?

57. big aggots says:

Stevie J purchased only on Friday night to allow a double trade. Pulls out 2 days later…. story of my season, finding another way to lose the unlosable.

58. Ichy Nuts Pieman says:

13217 upset coaches that traded in Steve Johnson. He’s out! 20,000 happy coaches who grabbed McGovern. He smashed it. Wish I’d grabbed him

59. SCaddict says:

Now Beamsy is OUT! Hope all you folks have decent bench cover!

• BCHawks says:

I hope Shenton has a big second half!

• SCaddict says:

Same here. Was going to trade in Stevie J for Jobe this week but have had to change that up and bring in Pendles now. Pity because it looks like a game Stevie J would've gone bananas in with the Cats completely dominating.

Looks like there will be quite a variation in scores this round and some hefty swings in rankings. There will be some coaches that pull off some pretty huge totals and others that really bomb out. Looks like I will be somewhere in between.

• Itchy Nuts Pieman says:

Plubs have been squashed by the SC gods this week. Wasn't going to trade Watson this week as I had Lewis Taylor with the E & he got 101. Now Beams is out WTF!!!!

• dannyyboyy says:

it hurt me today, stevie j and beams left me 2 donuts, will be lucky to get 2200 when i was aiming for 2400+.

60. piewood1 says:

likewise…..I now wish I had picked Lewis Taylor as my cover

61. Itchy Nuts Pieman says:

Last minute option for some. Trade Watson, sub Langdon into the Midfield & bring in Hibberd. Could save a donut.

• SCaddict says:

I was looking at bringing in Hibberd too but the whole ASADA thing escalating this week has turned me off Bomber players.

Just an added risk I don't want to take with so few trades left even if it's a small one.

Can understand you wanting to dodge a donut though so maybe it's worth it in your situation.

• Itchy Nuts Pieman says:

My main league is very competitive. Im ranked 1309. And thats 6th highest in the league. 2 spud teams which only rank it 90th. But donuts are death. Point taken on ASADA but id think they would play out the year.

• SCaddict says:

Well reckon Hibberd is reasonable value for the money right now and a very reliable and solid player.

62. john snow says:

What's wrong with Beams? At least my opponents have him too. They also have Stevie J which is a win for me.

63. BCHawks says:

I am very happy with my round this week. Today I have had Pendles, Libba, Goddard, Bartel and Selwood. I am on 2406 with Goddard to play hoping to crack 2550!

64. David says:

Still got 2312 from 21 this round so it's ok

65. SCaddict says:

Yeah I know. That's what I mean. I'm about the 2nd highest score in that league and you are 200pts head and shoulders above me. You also had a weekly rank of 165 last round and will fly up the rankings again and zip past me.

Glad I got you during a bye round when you were weak. You are killing it right now!

66. piewood1 says:

2363….im very happy with that considering no Beams & Rockcliff had a shocker!

67. MightyDonsFC says:

2336- Michie and Acres bench cover for beams, rocky horror show was in town, Breust getting worse as the year goes on, Parker had a shocker and still spewing about how gray only got 93.

• SCaddict says:

Pretty respectable total considering the carnage you had to endure there but a common story for many coaches.

Definitely an interesting round. Plenty went right but a heck of a lot went wrong.

68. Wattsieesq says:

2297. Not too bad a score considering I coped 2 donuts with no Beams or Cox.

69. BCHawks says:

I came 5th for the round!

70. BCHawks says:

Just checked and Crouching One FC came 13th for the round. Congrats Crouching! And he would have won had he had cover for Beams