PODCAST: Round 13 Community Night podcast

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Weekly Podcast by on June 12, 2014 • views: 3246

Supercoach 2014

Critical weekend of the season.

This is where your opponents will go to sleep. They’ll get lazy. They’ll lapse in concentration. They’ll feel as if this is the part of the season where its time to just slip into cruise mode and go through the motions.

But if you’ve been around this joint a while you’ll know that NOW is to the time to STRIKE. NOW is the time to unleash hell. Now is the time to grind your opponents into a fine dust.

Enjoy this week’s Thursday Community Night podcast community

1. peter pan artichoke says:

def: simpson, bartel, mcveigh, hibberd, enright, hurn. (georgio, clurey)
    mid: ablett, pendles, beams, selwood, libba, sloane, tyson, k mitchell (crouch, acres)
    ruck: sandi, mcevo (derickx, thurlow)
    fwd: zorko, roughy, dangerfield, gray, fasolo, higgins (shenton, lloyd)
    that is my current team. Trades this week
    fasolo to martin (brings in the Stefan martin and thurlow ruck swing set) leaves me with 92k in the bank
    and then Tyson to who? Can get anyone from def/mid/fwd I have about 570k
    will have 12 trades left.
    I chose not to bring steven Johnson (one for you jock) in because I would have 4 cats players
    thinking about swining mcveigh to the mid then trading Tyson to hanley to make some cash and get a good player thoughts?

• Matt says:

Brilliant thoughts, maybe bring in d.swallow or parker to open swing sets if not griffen is stil cheap and nat fyfe is 572k

2. LukTon says:

9 trade left, do i pull the pin on McEvoy and make a little cash on Naitanui?

Geez I'm in some desperate need of advice on this one! For context, I'm one spot away from full premo but will require two more trades to fill the last spot. If I trade Big Boy to Dog Dog, then the one up – one down to fill my last spot, I'll have six trades to cover injuries.

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO! Advice?

• jockreynolds says:

How are you there Luk? I reckon if you're only one away from full premo.. you're in a good position.. only 9 trades left.. cool your heels this week and save your trades. When the injuries come they will come like a savage tidal wave mate

• LukTon says:

Cheers Jock, thanks for the reply

Also, just wanted to take a second to say we all love your consistently high level of effort on this site mate. We know you must put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears for (at the moment) relatively little financial reward, yet we genuinely appreciate it even more knowing that is the case, and we're all behind you in chipping in what we can during your rise up the media/fantasy ladder. Thanks for everything Supercoach Jock and the boys!

On your advice – cash is a hard thing to come by this year, as we're all aware. I have the future mindset to bring in Robbie Gray in a couple of weeks once Impey and Shenton have fully matured, and I worry that I may not have enough money later to bring in a ruck premo if Big Boi continues the way he does. But my goodness, is it hard to go against the advice of the Father of Fantasy!

Needless to say, tonight will be a sleepless night, but I'm leaning towards your option Mr. Jock!

• jockreynolds says:

You're a good egg mate – comments like that keep me and the lads going and we really appreciate it mate. The effort is worth it – love this joint. You're not a lone ranger with a sleepless Thursday night ahead of trade time! I know you'll make the right decision whatever that might be

3. Mark says:

Hey fellas I'm a bit stuck this week.
    My first trade is going to be Watson>Sloane which will leave me with 100k. Should my second trade be sideways trading Adcock to a premium or downgrading Taylor, Cutler or Hartung … Help!!!!!!!!

• jockreynolds says:

Gday Marc. Like your Watson>Sloane trade, the rest depends a bit on where youre at with trades and structure, but I'd feel pretty comfortable using the $100K on upgrading Adcock… anyone looking at Paul Duffield? 109 followed by a 130 last week, negative breakeven

• Kev says:

Downgrade to….? Bubble options out there this week are O'Brien (HUGE sub risk) or McGovern maybe? Wouldn't want him on the field. Morabito is bashing down the door, might be worth waiting.

Hold Adcock, trade to improve your team. Not trade one problem to another

4. Max says:

Is it worth holding Hartung this week and skipping on O'Brien and Mcgovern and waiting a few weeks for a better js player or pull the plug this week

• jockreynolds says:

Hi mate – I dont reckon ther'll be much more on the horizon in terms of rookie action. Depends on your other priorities though about what to do with Hartung. He'll be out for 4 or 5.. but probably longer with Hawthorns depth

5. Yoda says:

Best midfielder under 527k? Parker or Swallow for swing sets or is it worth picking a genuine midfielder like Mundy or Swan…
    Cheers

6. dogsman1423 says:

Hey fellas wondering who to trade out, (out) of SDT or Adcock

• Hazey says:

I’m holding with SDT for now n hoping his form improves with Norths lighter run home. Luxury upgrade only if you’ve got yr other areas sorted.

7. Remy says:

Hi everyone.
    I have some defense troubles which need sorting.
    I have Bews on my field with no cover… I was considering trading Cotchin down to Beams to generate enough cash to upgrade Bews.
    However some people have said that that's not a wise choice.
    What should I do community?
    Def: Suckling, McVeigh, Hibberd, Hanley, Kolodjashnij, Bews (Cutler, Fuller)
    (Mid: Ward, Pendles, Beams, Douglas, Mundy, Dal Santo, Ablett, Cotchin (Shenton, Morabito)

• Mathew says:

How about upgrading him without downgrading cotchin? Depending on your trades and $$$
      If you have under 10 trades and need a win this week look at your best upgrade for bews
      If you have over 10 trades it could be a decent option but i would go someone cheeper then beams
      Good luck

8. oliverfisher says:

11 trades left, thinking of going Tyson to Swallow and downgrading lloyd to mcgovern and then bring in Ablett for Shuey next week and downgrade derickx.

9. Scano says:

Hibberd or Hanley ?

Malceski or Simpson ?

Should we hold Langdon or trade?

• Matt says:

Hanley and Malceski have hit their low and on the way up. I see langdon as a keeper until he brings up a sub par score than he should go

10. Scano says:

Hey Jock ! When should the podcast of this be up?

11. Brandon2416 says:

Hi community,
    Going for the league win and am in 1st place by a win.
    My team is :
    Def: Swallow,Simpson,Bartel,Burgoyne,Enright, Mcveigh (Gardiner, Vandeleur)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Selwood, Watson, Dal Santo, Murphy, Shenton ( Hartung, Roberston)
    Ruck: Sandi, Jacobs (Derickx, Currie)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, Parker, Martin,Zorko,Dahlhaus,Franklin (Ambrose, Lloyd)
    11 trades and 198k in the bank.

OPTION 1: Thinking of going Watson to Gray because in the next few weeks i will be upgrading shenton and want a DPP MID/FWD

OPTION 2: Watson to any mid I don't have

• Kev says:

Option 1. Gray has midfield output anyway so having him in the guts for 1 or 2 weeks won't be an issue.

Your team is looking good!

12. Gab says:

Luke shuey ?

• Dejong says:

probably not gab, wouldnt look at wasting trades, go straight to premium hood champ!!!

• wog says:

yeah thats what i was thinking, but reckon he has something to give the struggling team like "MAGOOS"

13. peter pan artichoke says:

and then Tyson to who? Can get anyone from def/mid/fwd I have about 570k
    will have 12 trades left.

14. James says:

Hi Community,

How does a Tyson to Ward and Acres to Jayden Hunt sound?
    This opens up my mid/defense swing plus Acres is still out for another 3 weeks. Have Shenton as bench coverage in mid as well who should play out the year.

Thoughts???

• Matt says:

Tyson to Ward brings in another keeper. But the JS of Jayden Hunt could depend on how he plays this week.

15. Mathew says:

What do people think of McGovan?
    Ive copped fasolos crap game waited for him to come back and give me big scores and he plays crap gets subbed and dropped.. This would help me upgrade to an unltra premo next week which will be much needed as im playing a good opponent
    Thoughts?

16. Matt says:

What to do i have 8 trades and Rookies such as
    Georgiou, cutler, hartung, acres, king, cameron…..

• LJB says:

Ur Squirrel gripped and someone is givin them a good squeeze mate. Your in trouble but think you need to hold on the trade button for a few wks mate. Trades will win u games in the finals

• Hazey says:

Cameron is thought to only be a 1 wkbinjury. If u have a full team on field, with nothing on the horizon I would be holding for a couple to see if anyone pops up soon.

• matt says:

yeah was thinking just holding, then see if anyone is a late out, having only 2 rookies on the field the rest premium or close to is pretty good, and who to play out of ambrose or shenton

17. LJB says:

Trading Watson to zorko -14 break even and duel position player and pocketing some cash. thoughts?
    Or do we go a straight swap to Fife with a much higher break even but better more reliable scoring?
    Cheers

18. Hazey says:

Damn McDonut’s finally gotta go I think so I can avoid the 0. Shenton to fwds n Swallow for Polec. Leaves me with $90k to try and get Parker and or Robbie and or Boomer to finish off the team.

Pre trades The 2Girl Walrus lines up like this;

Simpson, McVeigh, Swallow, Bartel, SDT, Mackie, Cutler, McD

Ablett, Selwood, Beams, Pendles, Griffen, Polec, Goddard, Barlow, Acres, Shenton,

NicNat, Sandi, Derickx, Currie

Danger, Pav, Zorko, Martin, Ambrose, Cameron, Lloyd, McDonough

12 trades & $20k. Thoughts, advice and prayers all welcome :-)

• LukTon says:

My thought – McDonut – genious nickname haha!

Regarding your team, I'd be looking to move on one of the tiger boys, and yeah mcdonut is the one – Lloyd couldn't be far away from getting another game taking in to account the way they're travelling!

Love the amount of trades you have mate! what about in addition to your trade, use the money to get Hanley for either SDT or Mackie – I reckon theres around 20 – 30 points per round to be made right there as well! Having another DPP couldn't hurt either! However, this is a bit of a low priority trade – the players you have are certainly capable of scoring well and will be warm bodies for the rest of the season.

Just throwing in suggestive options for you mate for the sake of it though, and I think you're well poised for a great end to the year.

• Schnook says:

I would consider trade McDoughnil out swap Shenton forward bring in J Hunt (mid/def) Melb non player but very handy swing player with your solid defense. Trade Polec to A. Swallow. This should leave a little more in the kitty for next upgrades. Hunt would need miracle to play this year, but i think that even with twelve trades left it opens great flexibility with in your team & better cash generation.

19. Pots says:

Have $240K and 11 trades so looking at:
    Hartung to Wingard (and move Shenton to MID bench)
    L. Taylor to Steven Johnson (no MID bench cover)

Suggestions?

20. Dutch Life says:

My trades this week will be:

Watson> Ward

Hallahan> Obrien

This will leave me with 330,000 odd in the warchest,

And 7 trades…

Thoughts community, cheers.

By the way, would just like to say, yet again another fantastic podcast jock,

keep up the great work, the whole community appreciates it.

Thanks Jock

• Mungos Men says:

Sounds like a good set up for the coming weeks, maybe look to beams JS is good and will not be sub affected, should be priced around 350k in lead up to finals easy to upgrade to premo…

21. Kenny Powers says:

McEvoy out for Nic Nat and a bit of cash or …
    Currie out for S Martin with Big Boy to the bench allowing me to use the emergency loophole when he returns ..
    Thanks community

22. Tommy says:

Hey jock, thoughts on big boy? Trade or hold? 13 trades left

23. Daniel says:

Ibbotson has shoulders like bags of twisties. Injury risk.

24. markstar9 says:

Hey Jock!
    Majak is out and no currie for Nth Melb this week….Goldy at $470k is $100+k cheaper than the start of the season, and first game as sole ruck! Following 166 might've hit a bit of form like the big dish as well! Any thoughts or wisdoms?

25. Stevie G says:

heppel is ranked 4th in disposal along with prestia this year. Good trade for watson i reckon.

• Garglesnarf FC says:

I would now consider trading IN bombers players as very risky.

With the ASADA stuff blowing up in such a specific and personal manner for many of the players, there is now a pretty significant distraction to deal with. If they get well beaten from here then the Bombers overall share of points will drop meaning their players will score propertionally lower than current averages.

Given the wealth of other alternatives I would avoid Heppell.

• Matty says:

Better options then heppell, but i have him and gets 90-110 most weeks

• Nokky says:

Won't Heppell get the best opposition tagger now that Jobe's gone?

26. GarglesnarfFC says:

Looking forward to listening Jock & community. Will help make my drive to work much more entertaining.

27. throttlefinger says:

Hello community. Considering making a move to downgrade Sandi for Martin then upgrading Billings for Dixon. Have Mummy and NicNat in my rucks and looping each week is driving me a bit bonkers. Plus this will give me some DPP and coverage for finals time.

Brains or bollocks?

• wes says:

You already have Mummy and nic Nat in rucks as well as Sandi on bench?
      Why are you not having Sandi and Mummy and doing nicnat into martin? Sandi's been going well – and you should still be able to do billings into Dixon.
      DPP coverage for finals is great move.

• throttlefinger says:

Hey Wes. Had Sandi and Mummy from the get. Brought NicNat when his price was low and Mummy out. Sandi will be rested soon. Not a matter of if. NicNat is hitting his stride and has low mileage on the odometer. Plus Cox out means solo ruckage.

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Hi Throttle! Not sure that spending that many trades on rucks is a wise move. You have 3 now so you have cover, buying two more now just seems like crazytalk! (apologies Crouching)

The other issue I see with it is just how much money you have invested on the bench scoring you a zero each week, and using two trades to keep the same problem just doesnt seem very clever IMO.

If you have any other areas to focus on, I would focus on them, and make your team BETTER not just different.

• throttlefinger says:

Hey Gargles! Well, it's basically to make my team better, as it is the only way to upgrade Billings. F6 is my weak area right now. Can't have him along with Cameron and Lennon. Most immediate need by far.

And can't see the Sandi train getting any better from this point on. The value probably won't get too much higher. And can sense he's going to get rested during their easy run home. Why not cull him and reap the rewards from bringing him at a cheap price. Plus gaining a DPP in Martin adds a little more flexibility which is extra insurance. Not a bad thing to have, agree?

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Sure Throttle, I get the flexibility part, but you already have cover for when Sandi gets rested. You dont need flexibility.

If you are really keen then just trade Billings to Martin, & Sandi to Thurlow for the $400k cash grab. Then you get cash, cover, and flexibility.

Then that $400k can go on buying you some serious premiums next week, which will be on the field rather than the bench.

• throttlefinger says:

Very good suggestion, my man.

My point is really around not keeping Billings, Cameron and Lennon. That's a black hole. Need a solid F6. Billings is the weakest of the three.

• HouseofDarsh says:

End up trading in Tippett last week mate? Had that awful feeling he was due for an injury haha

• throttlefinger says:

Ha! Nope. Weird rash developed on my knees. Took it as a sign to not trade him in. Went Buddy instead.

28. Tom says:

Is fyfe going to get rested?

29. supertroopers says:

downgrading matt crouch to zac o’brien to free up some cash
    upgrading higgins to robbie gray.
    or should i save some cash and go with luke parker who has been ultra consistent?

• Tom says:

Parker has been solid all season. Is obrien going to sit on your bench on on your field becuase he is likely to be the sub vest

• Supertroopers says:

On the bench with acres. I have Shelton on the field who will be upgraded to stevie j in the next fortnight

30. Tom says:

Hi guys this is my team so far, I have 10 trades left.
    backs: swallow, bartel, hanley, burogoyne, hurn, langdon, (gerogio, cutler).
    mids: Ablett, pendles, beams, rockliff, selwood, watson, kane mitchell (hartung, acres)
    rucks: sandi mumford (derickx, thurlow)
    fwds: danger, martin, zorko, parker, fasolo, shenton (cameron, llyod)

Was thinking of going langdon to malceski and Watson to whover i can afford have 100k

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Wait until the team sheet at 5:30 as either or both of Langdon & Fasolo could be out, which might change your plans a little.

31. Garglesnarf FC says:

Just a quick comment, the podcast mentioned that Fasolo is out. He isn’t…yet, but he is on an extended bench with Langdon and Broomhead. Broomhead could well get the nod ahead of him, so watch the updated sheets at 5:30pm this evening.

32. SuperCyril says:

Hi guys,
    I can't decide who to get rid of out of Fasolo and Higgins…downgrading to S.Martin
    WB vs Collingwood
    Higgins BE 100 Ave 84
    Fasolo BE 76 Ave 74
    Thoughts?

33. BCHawks says:

I am looking at bringing in S.Martin this week and I will play him on field this week and then next week he will become my ruck/forward cover as I will be upgrading P.Ambrose to a premium forward. Will S.Martin provide solid bench cover or am I wasting a trade getting him in?

• Beady Eye says:

I'm bringing him in as my F6 next week to swap with Thurlow on the ruck bench as needed.

Should be valuable cover if the Human Tree cops a rest/injury.

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Considering the same thing BCH.

The possible concerns I have with Martin are;

A) Has apparrently had 3 hamstring injuries this year
      & B) Will Luenberger take his spot in 5-6 weeks?

I am banking on Luey not coming back this year, bu those hammy’s are a worry. Will likely take the punt on him anyway.

• BCHawks says:

thanks mate, I didn't know that he had the hammy problems but will have to take the risk.

• john snow says:

I'm going to bring him in, probably play him on my forwards bench. Have Thurlow in my rucks giving me that swing option. Gives me the chance to trade Derrickx to a bargain basement rookie for a cash grab. Pyke is back so his influence wont be as great.

• HouseofDarsh says:

You know nothing (Jon Snow) haha Derickx will probs be probs be pushed out once Tippett and Pyke are playing together

34. Cameron says:

Which option should i do?

A) Watson to Stevie J and Langdon to Hibberd
    or
    B) Watson to A.Swallow and Langdon to D.Swallow

35. BigM says:

Like others, my first move will be to trade the injured Watson for Sloandod

But I still have another doughnut to fix, so out gose Hartung

(To free up some cash) which Rookie to choose?

O’Brien or McGovern

Which do you think might have the best job security going forward

& maybe seeing out the season on the bench?

• MaxiMayhem says:

mcgovern looked ready made against the hawks last week… i'm looking at him this week.

• Porcelain says:

What is McGoverns JS like ?
        Why did he miss those 5-6 weeks between his first and second games ?

36. MaxiMayhem says:

Another fine cast from Flapping Tarp studios!

Your thoughts on my team at this late stage would be greatly appreciated, community. I have 8 trades and a measly 50k in the chest… it's ablett time for my boys…

DEF: swallow, mcveigh, bartel, burgoyne, suckling, (hanley, langdon, bews)
    MID: rockliff, beams, selwood, murphy, cotchin, goddard, tyson, taylor (hartung, acres)
    RUC: sandilands, naitanui (derrickx, currie)
    FWD: danger, martin, zorko, dahlhaus, wingard, shenton (lloyd, cameron)

I'm thinking:
    1. cotchin/tyson, taylor – for – ablett, mcgovern (shenton dpp)

2. cotchin/tyson, taylor – for – ablett, some cheap defender goes here (langdon dpp)

37. Dos22 says:

Morning community and happy Friday!

A massive round of applause for Jock and the boys what a wealth of information you provide us on a weekly basis!! Thanks for the tireless effort lads it is much appreciated!

I am hoping someone can suggest what is best trade wise this week. I am currently ranked inside top 3k.
    My team is:

K. Simpson, D. Swallow, J. McVeigh, J. Bartel, M. Hibberd, M. Suckling (Langford, Cutler)

G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, D. Beams, J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, O. Wines, N. Fyfe, C. Shenton (Michie, Acres)

A. Sandilands, S. Mumford (Derrickx, King)

P. Dangerfield, L. Parker, D. Martin, D. Zorko, S. Higgins, A. Fasolo (Ambrose, Cameron)

I want Callan Ward badly.

Do I

A – Trade Suckling to 102k spud & Fasolo to Ward (Swing Shenton FWD) leaving me with a donut this week in DEF but UG Langford to Malceski next week

or

B – Trade Suckling to Malceski and Fasolo to Spina(102k) then next week DG langford to a 102k spud and UG Ambrose to Ward??

Please help

• Mozz says:

i'm liking the sound of option B this week. Being in the top 3k, you really don't to have a 0 on the field.
      Go with B

38. john snow says:

Who are peoples best and worst trade for the season

My worst- Nick Reiwoldt for $585K or Bews a few weeks back
    Best- Dom Tyson

Worst starter- Savage. Didn't fire a shot. Looked good at hawks with limited opportunites
    Best starter- Sandi, Polec, good old gary for captaincy….

39. Gary says:

Hey everyone i need a defender at about 425 thousand and the best options seem to be jaensch, robert murphy and cale hooker who are all averaging about 90

Help please ??

40. Andrew says:

Need some cash to allow me to trade Watson for Pendles.

Currently have Sandi, Ryder, Dericks and Currie in ruck.

a) Downgrade Dericks to 102K player and further use this money to upgrade my last premo next week
    b) Keep derricks for now and go Ryder to Nic Nat, Goldy or Lobbe.

Playing for rankings and worried that Ryder isn't going to bounce back with this extra controversy.

41. Turls says:

Michael Johnson – hold or trade out? How longs' he out for? Little defensive coverage, so pull the pin on him?

42. James says:

Ben Mcevoy for Nic Nat??

43. Remember the time Sandra Bullock nearly crashed into that house as a
    result of drunk driving. MRI- is the acronym for
    Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Most of us know we have too much stuff lying around.

44. When an excess of sebum may released due to excess
    of oil in a bowl, then add 1/4 cup of honey with few drops of any
    essential oil to your face gently. Tight clothing have a tendency to
    line acne treatments and wrinkle far quicker and earlier on than someone with exceptionally
    oily skin. One is incision, elevation then closure.
    The replacement graft heals in about five to seven days before their period.

45. Good day! I could have sworn I’ve visited your blog before but after looking at some of the posts

I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely pleased I found it and I’ll be

book-marking it and checking back frequently!

Visit my blog nucolonpros.com

46. Slim Cleanse says:

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally
    educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you’ve hit
    the nail on the head. The problem is something that too few folks are speaking intelligently about.

Now i’m very happy I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

My blog post; Slim Cleanse

47. Such strategies include purchase advertising, search engines,
    aand bulletin boards. Age-old tips about how to use the phone still apply.
    They need more than just identifying the neeed of a potential client.

48. Hello, its pleasant post concerning media print, we all be
    aware of media is a impressive source of facts.

49. Jeana says:

Hello There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is a

very neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and

return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.

I will definitely comeback.

50. Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this website regularly,
    this website is in fact fastidious and the viewers are in fact sharing fastidious thoughts.

my web blog Colon Flush, Alexiaray.Com,

51. Janelle says:

Some of the extremely impressive savings have an Invicta Women’s 12834 Pro Diver Silver Dial Crystal accented watch discounted

from $795. If you acquisition harder to analysis 1 in the advanced selection, you are able to yield benefit of their categories for

quickly search. Many watchmakers look at this convention as being a sign in the strength of the industry.

52. Nancee says:

If you feel satisfied by the answers your prospective Los Angeles injury attorney gives you,

go ahead and hire them as your attorney. You have to look for a

law firm that offers you unique attention that you deserve.

It is also possible for people to request information about the success rate of the attorney in handling cases related to car accidents.

Feel free to surf to my page … http://www.youtube.com; Nancee,

53. Though much is made of thhe millions of accident victims who sue the people who caused their injuries, the fact remains
    that millions of other victims never even attemplt to receive the compensation to which they
    are entitled. =You should take photographs of the injuries
    because photos can be additional support too prove severity of the accident.
    Thhese attorneys also help to prepare documents
    before they are submitted to the court.