Flesh for Fantasy – Round 11

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on May 29, 2014 • views: 1000

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

IT’S OVER!! BYE PERIOD IS NO MORE!! Thank the lord. I don’t know about you guys, but it was really starting get on this own man’s nerves.

However, we are now over the hill and looking to green pastures. Many would have spent their kitty upgrading over the bye period, so it is all about trying to find value for you buck.

Let’s look to see where this week’s value lies.

GET HIM IN

Kade Simpson (CARL) DEF – $567,500 SC

• Next 5 Games: BRIS (A), GEE (A), HAW (H), GWS (A), COLL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 128, 104, 98, 109, 145, 144
  • Breakeven: 49

If you’re in need of a defensive premium, Kade Simpson is definitely worth considering. His form of late has come at a time where Carlton has managed to string some games on the trot now. Kade’s recent run of games has been exception – collecting 37 touches and 11 marks against Adelaide, and 36 touches and 10 marks against St Kilda. Sides at the moment are letting him do as he pleases on the wings, playing that outside role that has made him so consistent over the years. Has Brisbane this week, followed by a mini tough run so quality opposition may not afford him the freedom Adelaide and St Kilda did. His form has been so good over two months it is hard to ignore if you’ve got the cash.

Ryan Griffen (WBD) MID – $517,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: FRE (H), BRIS (H), COLL (A), PORT (A), MELB (H)
  • Recent Scores: 117, 77, 111, 132
  • Breakeven: 64

Another one in a purple patch of form, Ryan Griffen presents serious value after a somewhat sluggish start to the season. Priced at $517,000 and with 100+ scores in 3 of his last 4, Ryan Griffen is now at an ideal price to upgrade to him. His performance last week was very handy, collecting 28 touches and laying 8 tackles for someone who isn’t an inside player. Against Melbourne, he amassed 20 touches and laid 15 (if you don’t mind) tackles. Perfect time to get a once ultra premium in.

Chad Wingard (PORT) FWD/MID – $436,300 SC

• Next 5 Games: MELB (A), STK (H), SYD (A), WBD (H), ADEL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 83, 81, 98, 100
  • Breakeven: 63

A risky, but again, valuable pick if you’re strapped for cash. SuperCoach wise it has taken Wingard some time to get going. However, the last 2 weeks he has started to show that AA form of 2013. Last week against Hawthorn he was crazy good, kicking 3 goals and collecting 15 touches. Against Fremantle, slotted 5 goals and had 17 touches. The most enticing thing about Chadwick is his next 5 games. Outside of Sydney, there is a real opportunity of him to put big scores on Melbourne, St Kilda and the Bulldogs. Roughly $100k less than what he started the year,Wingard is another option if you’re looking for a fallen premium.

GET HIM OUT

Cory Enright (GEE) DEF – $430,900 SC

• Next 5 Games: OUT, CARL (H), STK (H), GCS (H), GEE (H)
  • Recent Scores: 97, 49, 102, 79, 85
  • Breakeven: 40

With Enright missing tonight’s game against Sydney, it presents a good opportunity to move him on. His performances have been way too inconsistent, which is strange from the king of consistency. His price won’t fluctuate too much so now might be the time to downgrade one of your maxed out rookies and send Enright to Simpson.

Luke McDonald (ESS) MID/DEF – $290,700 SC

• Next 5 Games: WCE (A), RICH (H), ADEL (A), MELB (A), BRIS (A)
  • Recent Scores: 61, 66, 12, 90, 70
  • Breakeven: 21

It is time to say goodbye to McDonald. His output and fact he decreased in value this week suggests it is time to dump. There are a couple of good options worth looking at as option downgrades, particularly Cam Shenton, who is at the bubble this week. It has been a disappointing run of scores, but I’m sure down the trade we’ll have McDonald in our sides. But for now, it is time to say goodbye.

Alex Fasolo (COLL) FWD – $343,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: STK (A), MELB (A), WBD (H), HAW (A), CARL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 106, 132, 29, 60
  • Breakeven: 116

I know he is just coming back from injury, but what worries me is his role. Maxwell’s outburst, followed by moving his forward suggest the experiment down back has not worked. Personally, I do not think it was ever going to work out. Now Fasolo becomes that 70-80 point impact player up forward. If this is the case, I would cut my loses and get rid of him. 116 breakeven means unless he can return to pre-injury form, he will start losing money. Time to say goodbye.

BREAKING POINT

• Steve Johnson (GEE) 171 BE
  • Dane Swan (COLL) 148 BE
  • Shane Mumford (GWS) 142 BE
  • Dayne Beams (COLL) 123 BE
  • Leigh Montagna (STK) 243 BE

PUB TALK

Unfortunately, I’ve had to close the Pub for this week. However, tweet me at @Mr_Crimmins and not only will I answer the questions already asked, but I extend opening hours and take questions from everyone.

Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

Your Eyes Will Be Glued To This Site This Round:

PODCAST – End Of Bye Rounds PARTY

Tight Arse Tuesday – Round 11

Round 11 Prices and Breakevens

Round 11 Supercoach Scouting Report

The Jock Reynolds 2014 Community Survey

1. sss says:

Hey first
    Bartel or simpson

2. Does Langdon have to go this week?

• Gab says:

Doesnt have to, playing weak opposition so either way,
      If you can get him to a burgoyne/bartel/or any other premium back get them if not keep him

• Matt says:

I'm trading him and I'd suggest you do too. Doesn't score well when Fasolo's in the team.

• GarglesnarfFC says:

No, his BE is 74 so even if he only pumps out 50 he won't drop too much. So you could wait a week and hope he doesn't score a 29.

• Jambo says:

No, not yet. He should get more $$ this week.

3. Hazey says:

Bartel for mine.

4. Owwww yeeeeeee says:

Hello there Mr Crimmins, I was wondering who you would pick out of these brilliant individuals: Griffin, Swan, Barlow or Cotchin. Thanks in advance!

• Emmanuel says:

Swan

• Cozza says:

Barlow…gun. As a little slow his first 2 weeks back form injury, which often happens, but aside from those two games has tonned up his other 3 – 132, 117 and 112. Has a BE of 125 this week which he may not get, so you could go Barlow either this week or next.

I would go Barlow over the other 3 by a fair margin.

• Cozza says:

Geez…shoulda read what I wrote before I hit submit! Second sentence was meant to read "Had a slow first 2 weeks back from injury…"

Gotta get off the juice when looking at the forums.

5. Matty boy says:

Fasolo to roughy yeah!!

6. Josh says:

Langford – Bews
    Suckling – K Mitchell or Shenton
    Thoughts

7. Hazey says:

Doing some real tossing n turning over what to do this week. I don’t normally ask much but would love to hear ppl’s thoughts on where I should go this week.

Team is

Thompson, Bartel, Simpson, McVeigh, Swallow, Langdon, McDonald, Cutler.

Ablett, Pendles, Goddard, Griffen, Beams, zorko, Polec, Kelly, Acres, Selwood

Sandi, Nic Nat, Derickx, Curry

Pav, Wingard, Martin, Danger, McDonough, Lloyd, Ambrose, Cameron

Kelly for Shenton is trade 1, but trade 2 I am tossing up between completing my backs with an upgrade or adding a premo mid by upgrading Polec. I will wait a couple of weeks for fwd rooks to mature a bit I think before culling them.

I keep coming back to Langdon for Burgoyne or even Mackie to save $50k.

Help me community!!!

• offthenose says:

I really like the look of Mackie and will be going to him for langdon. Can't afford Mcdonald for Mackie as much as i'd like to do that but once hallahan fully fattens it'l be mcdoanld for barrel or simpson :)

• offthenose says:

Geez my spelling was atrocious!

• Hazey says:

Pulled the pin… NOW TON UP MACKIE!!!!

• peter pan artichoke says:

def: simpson, bartel, mcveigh, hibberd, enright, hurn. (georgio, clurey)
            mid: ablett, pendles, beams, selwood, libba, sloane, tyson, k mitchell (crouch, acres)
            ruck: sandi, mcevo (derickx, thurlow)
            fwd: zorko, roughy, dangerfield, gray, fasolo, higgins (shenton, lloyd)
            that is my current team. Trades this week
            fasolo to martin (brings in the Stefan martin and thurlow ruck swing set) leaves me with 92k in the bank
            and then Tyson to who? Can get anyone from def/mid/fwd I have about 570k
            will have 12 trades left.

8. Kev says:

Paying overs for Simpson if you brought him in this week IMO

• Captain joc says:

Agreed as his priced to average 113 which he wont

• Matt says:

Yep, definitely agree, especially considering the quality midfielders you could get for his price or less and some of the value defenders like Mackie for 120k less.

Im grabbing Mackie this week instead.

9. Matt says:

At the moment Im looking at trading Fasolo and Langdon to Cam Shenton and Mackie (saves me 100k on Bartel/Simpson, has scored consistent 90-100s)… BUT I have McEvoy and no backup. I'm expected Big Boy Ben to be a late exclusion, if named in the side, so should i just cop the zero or look to bring in Sammy Jacobs or someone for him.

Would love some community thoughts. Cheers.

• Hazey says:

Tough one…if yr only looking at leagues n have a weaker opponwntbtake the donut on the chin.

• Gab says:

Howd mackie go for ya matt?

• Hazey says:

Atleast Matt hadn’t been burnt by Mackie before n was stoopid enough to go bk again like moi. As soon as the lock out kicked in I was like….WHAT HAVE I DONE!!

• Matt says:

Well aren't you a hero, Gab.

• Matt says:

Maybe I should ask your advice on all my trades from now on, seeing as you can apparently predict injuries and whatnot.

10. Sully321 says:

Hi community is bringing in cam Shenton for aish a good trade?
    This would leave me with money for next week when I bring in a gun midfielder for Higgins or polec

11. The_Darwin_Ducks says:

Crouch to Shenton
    Fasolo or Impey to Wingard/Gray
    Who out of these two
    Wingard is a lot cheaper but is he worth getting in over Gray I'm just worried he wont be able to kick 5 goals every week because if he doesn't he isn't generating any points.
    Thoughts…

• Emmanuel says:

Gray more reliable and likely to score more spending more time in the middle than Chad. Chad needs 3-4 goals to score decently

12. Sully321 says:

Enright to bartel or Simpson? (Leaning towards simmo)

• Hazey says:

Bartel IMO. It’s so much easier to give advice to someone else’s team hey!

• shallots says:

wish i could afford simmo. that little bushranger might be as big as a pipe cleaner but his one of the hardest in the AFL and gives 110% every week. Should be our captain. Wish the Blues had more of him.

Q- Have you ever seen a stick figure back into a pack of huge men?

A- Then watch Simpson play!!!!

• Gab says:

I love the way simpson goes at it alwell, try to play like him week in week out, and i just cant dont have the courage that me has, so much respect for the man

• Emmanuel says:

Bartel

13. john snow says:

Is it time for Enright to go. He is a stain in my underpants.

How long is he meant to be out for?

• Matt says:

I'm keeping him. At this time of the season most of us don't really have the trades to make sideways trades like that. Considering there hasn't really been anything in the news about the injury I reckon he's probably just a little sore and they've left him out to be safe. Should be back next week.

• shallots says:

he is that skid mark that gets longer and longer. just like his tooth : )

14. Josh says:

Who is a better option Shenton or Kane Mitchell

• shallots says:

im going both

• Dale says:

i am in the same boat but hoping Kanye will have better output. I am wondering if I should trade out Dunstan for him? Any thoughts? Dunstan id on the ball, Kanye o the bench.

15. Ando says:

is it ok to have griffen and libba in the same side?
    not sure how i'll cope when the doggies play poorly

• Donavan says:

I dont see an issue with having them both. Libba will score well regardless of the Doggies form, Griffen is perhaps a little more at the mercy of a tagger.

16. MightyDonsFC says:

Why is Walker out?

17. Matt says:

Need to trade out Tippett and Fas any suggestions community? I also have 280k sitting in the war chest.

18. JRams says:

Fasolo or Impey to trade out? cash not a problem

19. David says:

And the chaos continues what the hell is Brisbane doing? No Rob the flipper still and now cutler Emergancy!
    Also have Langford Emergancy and no Enright (happy to cop the 0 there) plus i missed the boat on Shenton for fk sake cause i ran out of time trying to find the best way to trade in bews and Shenton. Now I'm paying the price and its like another bye round for me yay!

20. john snow says:

I have all four David….

My plan was to go Flipper to Shenton and Polec to Goddard.

Have to take a 0 in the backline but still went flipper to shenton but had to go Cutler to Bews which I didn't really want. Frees up 250K for next week though.

Could see Steve Johnson drop right down in price which might be a good pickup in a week or two.

21. Captain joc says:

Could trade out one of walker, cutler or georgiou out swing Langdon or swallow back and then trade in Shenton good idea or not?

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Joc,

why are you thinking of trading out A Walker? HOLD him mate, I have him and I am holding on to him. If it is LTI then get rid of him. This is not the time to do the sideways trade IMO…..

OUT: Georgiou, swing Langdon or Swallow to DEF and get Shenton.

Or

OUT: Cutler, swing Langdon or Swallow to DEF and get Shenton.

Cheers,
      Raj…

22. Mitch says:

Hey Community,
    Thinking of moving Josh Kelly on this week, do I bring in Cameron Shenton or Kane Mitchell?
    Cheers

23. Kristofor says:

Thoughts on Polec? Trade Polec to K Mitchell?

24. Dave2008 says:

Who to start do you think out of L Taylor from Brisbane or Shenton from StK?

Last Ave Proj
    Not sure as Taylor 80 53.44 61
    Shenton 99 59.33 59

Leaning towards Shenton but what are the chances of each being the sub? I guess if I find out tomorrow that Shenton is the sub if not go with him, playing the PIes who prob will play a pretty free flowing style against the saints compared to Brisbane against a Malthouse game style?

Thoughts please anyone

• Donavan says:

I have the same dilema.

Making Shenton the EMERG, if he scores well, I will bring on S.lloyd for Lewis, and take Shenton's score.

• Dave2008 says:

Yep I would have done that too good strategy but I have Shenton in the F line and Tayor in the mids so have to choose.

25. Selena says:

Thoughts on bringing Nic Nat in for Big Boy

• lostlarrikin says:

personally I don't see any value in Dog Dog.
      Unless Cox suddenly gets injured, I wouldn't expect Naitinui's numbers to change.
      Averaging 70 and recent form isn't alluding to anything north of that.

At a mid price range, better value in Jamar or Cox

If have the coin, Ryder, Sauce or Skin Flute

26. Stumped says:

thoughts appreciated… i'm 9 trades left and 100k in the chest after swapping Fasolo for Wingard and Dunstan for Shenton.

DEF: Swallow, Bartel, McVeigh, Burgoyne, Suckling, Hanley, (Langdon, Bews)

MID: Rockliff, Beams, Selwood, Murphy, Cotchin, Goddard, Tyson, Hartung (Acres, Taylor)

RUC: Sandi, Derrickx (Pyke, Currie)

FWD: Danger, Martin, Dahlhaus, Zorko, Wingard, Shenton (Lloyd, Cameron)

27. Dale says:

Please help…should I trade Dunstan to Mitchell before tonight's game??????

28. Roo Boy says:

Will Jack Steven come good? Or too risky? Thoughts appreciated!!!

29. Richard says:

After much thought, decided to keep Fasolo. Happy at half time.

30. Nate says:

Games for other mobile operating systems like the
    Black – Berry OS and the Android OS are produced too. So the
    yearly total for renting 2 games at any given time is $275.

Playing game titles might be antisocial, so be sure to generate time to
    socialize to gamers online.