PODCAST: One bye to go you ripper

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Weekly Podcast by on May 18, 2014 • views: 17936

Supercoach 2014 podcastWe’re nearly there community

We have just one more bye to navigate and then we’re footloose and fancy free for the rest of the fantasy footy season.

We have a whole stack of rookies who have a round 10 bye so part of the drama this week will be choosing the right boys to take out to slaughter. The other big challenge for all of us is trading the right premiums into our team.

Tune in as Higgo, The Crouching One and Wayno help guide the community through the remainder of this bye period.

How’s your team holding up through the byes community? Let’s get stuck into this weeks podcast.

1. henry says:

thoughts on trades this week community
    have 19 trades left with 330k in the bank
    Option A: Aish -> Stevie J (currently have 5 premos in middle which are selwood, pendels, ablett, libba and beams)
    Option B: Higgins -> Boomer, Dahlhaus or wait a week on parker (currently have 4 premos in the fwd danger, roughy, zorko and gray)
    Option C: Cutler -> Hurn (thought popped into mind when I saw Fantasy Freakos tweet)
    cheers community.

• Matt says:

One I like most is probably Option B, waiting a week to get Parker in. Stevie J will be good value in a couple of weeks, but at the moment he's still too expensive. Higgins still has a bit of money to make I think, so keeping him for an extra week to wait for Parker should be the best option.

• Burnman says:

Zorko is not a premium – he is getting traded this week bloody burnman. Stevie J will drop in price

• Kris says:

Steve J got hit with a 1 week suspension.

2. Jontyone says:

Looking forward to the podcast and Crouching one!
    Thoughts on
    Cunnigham>Hartung
    Flipper>Cameron
    Not sure about the last trade will have around 300k and have suckling, Ambrose and
    Who I want to get rid of

3. Michael says:

This week's trade options:

1. Robertson out, Hartung in
    JKH out, Harvey in.
    $7.4K left

2. Robertson out, Hartung in
    JKH out, Wingard in.
    $100.1 K left

3. Robertson out, Hartung in
    JKH out, Matera in.
    $121.5 K left

1, 2 or 3? Or others I haven't considered? Currently have $109.3K in the bank.

Also, sitting around the 4,300th mark – am I still in the running for $50K or too far out? Currently 1,247 points behind leader, means I need an extra 100 points per round extra on average, which sounds a lot, but I know the current leaders will probably run out of trades, so injuries could play a part.

Thanks for your input fellow Jocksters!

• Michael says:

Leaning towards 3 at the moment – Matera might just be a nice POD….maybe not now though…

• Kev says:

Matera could be a huge POD, only in 1.68% of teams. Looking at his stats though he doesn't get a huge amount of the pill, a true small forward. His scores are very reliant on goals kicked (a la, jamie elliott…)

All that said, I think you're still in with a shot for 50k. Need to make a few left of field choices and this has a better than even chance of coming off

• wes says:

I like option 2… not sure how consistent Wingard has been as not on my radar.
      My first thought was option 1 actually, as am keen to get boomer onboard myself. But if Wingard has gone ok consistency wise… the 100K difference between he and boomer is tempting to keep

I cannot see Matera being consistent enough… though tempting after the weekend's efforts.

4. Billy says:

if you are looking for points then option 1 would surely be youe best bet. Boomer is very consistent plus the odd 150+ like this week. Chad is good but for some reason SC hates him and i cant see him getting anywhere near boomer each week

5. Sleepy says:

Hello Jock and community I am bewildered. Can someone please explain the supercoach scoring system? I thought it was based on what you do with the ball. Abletts stats were 127 with disposal efficiency of 70.3 and gets 184 supercoach points. In the same game Newnes stats 130 with disposal efficiency of 82.8 and gets 115 supercoach points. I just don't get it. This not a bitch I don't have either in my team.

• SCaddict says:

So many more stats go into SC scores than DT…goal assists, I50s, clearances, clangers, contested marks, marks I50, intercept marks, handball receives the list goes on and on.

Still I agree some scores do leave you scratching your head at times. I guess at the end of the day we just have to trust the Champion Data boys just like we trust our GP or better half. Ok maybe that isn't such a great idea! :)

• LukTon says:

On top of SC's vast range of disposal/possession/scoring types, it also weights them on how influential they were on the result of the game.

For example, let's use the Gold Coast game from the weekend. Why did Gary Ablett score so high and Newnes score much lower? This can be discovered when taking into account the first quarter of the game.

Gold Coast burst out to an early lead, and St Kilda never threatened to catch up. SC would determine that the game was won and lost in the first quarter, probably after Gold Coast were ahead by 4 or 5 goals. All player scores in this part of the game would have been scaled up dramatically, and vase versa for the rest of the game. Who was on fire in that all important first quarter: Newnes or Ablett?

DT does not take this in to account; all stats in the dying stages of a game count for the same, even if the match is on the line, or was well and truly over like in the Gold Coast – St Kilda game.

Hope this helps as well!

• Lord Relton Roberts says:

there are a hell of a lot of other statistics involved in supercoach scoring (e.g. whether marks are from opposition kicks or team mates, whether the ball was in contention, handball recieves… etc)

• Matt says:

Ablett had 37 touches and 4 goals vs Newnes' 29 disposals and 1 goal. Think you should be questioning the DreamTeam scoring system considering Newnes beat GAJ somehow.

• Sleepy says:

Thanks to all for your input. I guess I was a bit peeved with it all at the time. Was cruising ahead by about 300 after 3rd game and score projector had me winning comfortably by completion of the round. Then it all turned to shite. Had C on Rockliff then he goes down with a virus. No need to panic I will bring in Johnson which I planned to do at some stage anyway and wack C on him coz Selwood will get the Crowley tag. Man that hurt. Also brought in Bartel. Then Zorko gets a lousy 14 and still with a glimmer of hope Acres gets the vest. Then Ablett gets 360 plus and I ended up getting my arse kicked. NOT HAPPY JAN LOL. Time to get on with it now. Had a good sleep. Cheers

• Kerrigan says:

Newnes took 11 marks ablett took 0

6. MightyDonsFC says:

Jack Steven or Michael Barlow?

• throttlefinger says:

Barlow seems a bit injury prone. Two years running. Deadly kicker but think Fyfe is the baller on Freo. Stevens getting it done on a subpar team. Plus Montagna always going to get the harder tag.

• Kev says:

Neither. Both have the bye this week. Steven just starting to get back into it after his injury lay off. Personally I'd look beyond these two

• The Ranger says:

Why only those two?
      There's quite a few other options at that price.

• lostlarrikin says:

Avoiding freo prems where possible, been burnt by Lyin resting policy before

Steven

7. oliverfisher says:

Thinking
    Dunstan, Zorko, JKH out
    Selwood, Wingard and Cameron in

Or should i look to get rid of Sheed and bring in Hartung?

8. Alex says:

Pretty stoked you used my Ross Lyon quote Jock, happy to help mate.

9. Lord Relton Roberts says:

what do we think of hartung??
    or even this cameron shenton guy running of half back for sainters (got 19 players already so its not imperative that shento plays this week)

• Michael says:

I'd wait a week with Shenton, see if named after bye round. Also Saints have tough run over next 3 weeks with Collingwood, Geelong, Port, then West Coast after that – very tough on rookies, that run of games!

10. Pots says:

Wright out for Parker or Dahlhaus?

11. The Regular says:

I brought in acres this week and from early reports he is looking like a dead m10 (hopefully for not out too long)

What are the communities thoughts on Cameron Shenton opening up dpp mid/fwd at m9

12. neil the nail says:

hello community, in dire help here, dont know who to trade in, either swallow or jaensch???
    thoughts appreciated

13. rob says:

Supercoach paige are good for qtr by qtr scores. Then info isnt timed well and generally is too late or stating the obvious. Jocks team are far more entertaining. Ahead of the game and much more thoroughly researched stats and a much wiser community!!! Love the podcasts jock!

• Matt says:

I reckon SuperCoach Paige would lose half their fans if they stopped giving Qtr time scores. That's just about all they're good for.

• Scott says:

Whether it’s Supercoach Paige, Supercoach Coach, Phantom Operatic, Traders, tBettas Bulletin, etc, etc, they are all part of the community.
        We all have our favourites or maybe we all treat each equally.
        Jock’s show is the most entertaining, but the info delivered can be just as pertinent elsewhere.
        Even heard Jock refer to AFL Fantasy in his post Rd 8.
        I’m only in SC, prefer Champion Data’s scoring, makes it more interesting.

14. Ok Community. Finally the last week of trade carnage and here we go. Any input/advice would be amazing.
    As it stands my team:

B – Swallow, Hibberd (B), R.Shaw (B), Jaensch, Suckling, McDonald (Georgiou (B), Gardiner(B))
    M – Ablett, Pendles, Beams, McVeigh (B), Watson (B), Cotchin, Crouch, Taylor (B) (Hallahan, Acres (B))
    R – Sandi (B), Lobbe (Derickx (B), Thurlow)
    F – Danger, Boomer, Pavlich (B), Wingard, Zorko (B), Fasolo (JKH (B), Lloyd)

Immediate concerns are how to navigate the backline carnage. To upgrade Suckling or do I pull the trigger on Shaw (with the bye) who has made 120k?
    Will Lobbe play this week and if not, do I upgrade to a Goldstein or Sauce?

Trades I am thinking this week are:
    R.Shaw > J.Bartel
    Lobbe > Goldstein
    JKH > Cameron
    Leaves me with 18 on field if Fasolo gets up. Would appreciate some community TLC!

• The Mullet says:

IMO Goldy is pretty good value at the moment, but I'd hold off ruck trades if possible. You can bet that the week after you trade out Lobbe, Sandilands will get injured or be rested in preparation for the finals.

• Scott says:

I wouldn’t be suprised if the only game Sandi misses this year is Rd 23.

Depends on your trades left but if you feel that if Lobbe needs to go and you have a discounted premium you think will return to premium scoring, I’d say go for it!

• Holty says:

It seems you are struggling to get 18 on the park so I would wait 1 more week with Lobbe as he shuld be playing this week. If I was you, I wouldn't get rid of anyone playing this week.

15. Crackin says:

Thoughts on jaensch running out the season with a 100 avg?

• dean says:

I doubted him from the start after he tonned up 3 times. but he kept on doing it. so i dont know but he came back on weekend and scored 98 see him as a pretty solid pick tbh

• Scott says:

Should never have listened to the 3 to 4 weeks injury prognosis, traded him to Burgoyne. Now want to go back, thinking Langdon to Jaensch. Live and learn, trade wasted.
        He’s a back line clearance player and for a 110k ave at sub $400k, he’s a bargain, doh!

• WombatsFC says:

I feel your pain Scott I made the same Jaensch to Burgoyne trade based on the 3-weeks out with broken ribs story. I'm gonna get him back this week for Langford or George. Jaensch the perfect D6 although he did struggle the week before his injury

• joshpapworth says:

i shld never got rid of landon

• SCaddict says:

Not personally a believer myself. If you got on him early on all well and good but wouldn't be falling over myself to get him in now.

Would be looking at the likes or Bartel, Walker, Hibberd, Swallow etc instead.

• Kris says:

The difference is +100k though. And not a big gap in scoring potential.

• Dean says:

Yea i Myself have yet to rid of Old McDonald, Im thinking it would be a nice upgrade to do Mcdonald to Jaench for a cheap + good scoring output upgrade.

16. neil the nail says:

17. Matt says:

What do you guys think of Bews from Geelong and his job security?

• Cozza says:

I would be concerned about his JS. Chris Scott likes to give his rookies a brief taste of AFL footy then bring in another rookie for a taste. Unless they are a standout in every game they play, unlikely Scotty will play him enough to generate enough cash.

I will be waiting until he is named for his 3rd game before bringing him in.

• Rocksta says:

Agreed.
        If you go through the list of juniors Scotty has played this year, most rarely get more than 2-3 games in a row.
        I think bringing him in this week is very risky.

• Scott says:

This is really a tough call, depends on whether he’s your D9 or a spec D10, who may be back later this year and provide some scores and/or cash. Take the risk and carry him? What other option would you consider as a def downgrade option this week?
          Esp for those like me pursuing an upgrade/downgrade combo each week to make their premo squad.!

18. The Ranger says:

Bloody gold Jock.
    I was in danger of over exciting before the arousal curve but now I'm confident I'll hold off for a while longer.

19. Anyone looking at Sam Docherty from the Blues? Averaged 80 first two games and priced at 285k.

• SCaddict says:

Too late in the game to be considering mid-pricers in my view.

Should only be downgrading to rookies or upgrading to premos at this advanced stage of proceedings, unless you still have 20 plus trades and feel up for a midseason speculative dabble.

• wes says:

If there are no rookies on the watch-list, then maybe. But surely there are cheaper options out there to make a buck on and give same points output

20. Daniel says:

I'm thinking Hanley to Docherty and Crouch to Selwood. Hmm?

• SCaddict says:

I wouldn't burn off Hanley for a risky midpricer. Is there anyone else you could cull to get Jelwood in? JKH perhaps?

• Scott says:

Totally agree, it’s round 9 of 23, Hanley’s had his injury problems and his team has been struggling.
        Let’s not forget Hanley is a proven scorer, give the chance he will score well.
        If you have him, hang tough, ask yourself why so many SCers have him on their watch list.

• SCaddict says:

Indeed he's on my watch list too. I'm still waiting for the Kolo Kidd to fully ripen and then I may be able to do a straight swap with Hanley in a few more weeks.

Voila a $197K rookie turns straight into a proven premo defender!

• WombatsFC says:

Hanley started to struggle last year when he got a tag, the second 2-thirds of the season his average was under 87 after being at 113 after the first 8-games. This year he is getting a shutdown player on him almost every week and his scores have suffered.
      The only reason for keeping him now would be if you don't have any trades left.

21. tyzsb says:

Trades this week

Swap Zorko into midfield and Wingard into forward then…

Robertson to Billy Hartaung

Zorko to Rory Sloane or Joel Selwood (Which one?)

JKH to Tex Walker with 50k in the bank and 10 trades left with easy opponents in my league coming up meaning leaving trades for that round….

Would appreciate any advice!!!

22. Derek says:

How far away is Bock?

• Kev says:

Played a few games in the NEAFL and is getting through okay, he was close this week but held back once again.

I'd take this as a solid sign he will be carefully managed throughout the year and won't be stringing a lot of games together. Will likely play a key position and for 200k, I'd be waiting until his third game unless you're absolutely desperate for cash

• Deadly says:

Did not play in the two's this week due to leg problems so unfortunately we may have to give him wide berth this year?

23. Anthony says:

Hi guys so im thinking really hard who to trade out and who to get in. I got 3 trades to do this week please help :L
    B – McVeigh, Swallow, Burgoyne, Bartel, Kolodjashnij, Cutler, ( Flynn, D Fuller, M)
    M- Ablett, Watson, Beams, Johnson J, Fyfe, Rockliff, Dunstan, Crouch (Acres, Spina. A)
    R – Sandilands Grundy (Currie, Nankervis)
    F- Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, lloyd, Merrett, Z, Fasolo (Ambrose, Honeychurch)

Was thinking of bringing in Charlie Cameron but mainly struggling on Foward line

24. The Mullet says:

Great ideas once again from Jock, Higgo and Crouching, backed up by solid reasoning. But sometimes when I'm studying my team and planning trades I think…….well geez…….I wonder what Jock would do here. He made it clear that Buddy should not be considered. But I found this bloke in my team who I reckon has topped out. He would be a straight swap……Higgins. Hmmmmm.
    As far as generating cash, I think we are slaughtering a few good rookies too early. Some of the cash cows really are cows with guns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIvndWcMuAM that can stay a while longer yet.

25. Rocksta says:

JKH to Cameron, and Crouch to Jelwood.
    Had $130K in the bank which allowed this to happen.
    No more Rookies left in the mids to spud up the place………………I'm feeling better already.
    This weeks events have set me on a rampage to cull every on field Rookie in my team within the next 3 weeks.

26. Emmanuel says:

Sticky situation for me. Have wasted too many trades already on dud rookies and injuries. Only 14 left. Is that low for this time of the season?

26k in the bank at the moment.

I’ve got Cyril on the bench. It was either him or Parker earlier. Chose wrong. Did the same with Dixon and Franklin. I wanted Parker but he has the bye this week so looking at R. Gray. Need to make some cash elsewhere.

I have Dunstan and Roberston in the middle that I want to get rid of and bring in Selwood. I can’t go one and one down for Selwood. Other option is Polec to Selwood and Roberston or Dunstan to Hartung.

Any ideas?

• Scott says:

14 trades may be low if you still have 5 or more premiums to complete your team, considering injuries, etc.
      Think Franklin will benefit from Swans completed backline, hold.
      Dixon is getting ruck time, but his injury prone and seems the coach wants him as a key fwd, hold for now.
      Rioli & hamstrings are long term relationships, best fwd to trade.
      Pole has the best JS & scoring ability, so would suggest a DG & UG on the other too.

• Scott says:

Re Franklin, completed forward line, doh!

• Emmanuel says:

I am 9 premiums from completing my team. But that is being harsh. I have a few players that I don’t consider premium but could be borderline.

I have already removed Dixon and Franklin when they got injured.

Need to get Selwood in somehow.

I have a feeling I won’t be finishing with 18 premiums on the park come season end…

• Scott says:

Percentage of teams who actually do complete will be interesting.
          I’ve got 9 trades left and am 2 short, could burn another 3 trades and I’m there but need to preserve trades. Maybe see how far I can go with Langdon.

• Emmanuel says:

You’ve done well if you’re only 2 short. You had luck with injuries? I tend to trade out injured players than hold onto them which burns trades. Such as Dixon, Fasolo, Franklin and Mitchell. I could have had three more trades. Cyril will cost me another one.

I also got rid of Tyson, JKH too early and made the mistake of including Michie and McDonough earlier.

27. Steven says:

Thoughts on S.Hurn?

• SCaddict says:

Yeah there's a reason his name rhymes with burn! :)

Do yourself a favour and don't get sucked in. Far too injury prone in recent times. Also only averaged over 90 once in the past five years to be that SC relevant in terms of premo defenders imho.

• Jackson says:

There's a LOT more reliable defenders out there. Walker, bartel, mcveigh and the likes if you can afford them. The risk of a body part falling off during a game and giving you another 7 is significantly less with them!

• Flacid Jaff says:

I like him.
      He's cheap and will roam around more this season because of WC's recruiting of other rebounding defenders. Has a killer boot so they will look to get the ball in his hands so he can drill it inside 50 to the forwards, which is big SC points! ONLY get him if you think he'll be a top 10 defender! I think he will. Hurn will finish up a D6 or D7 for me, depending on how I finish up trade/money wise!

28. Cameron says:

Defender Rookies? Bews looks to be the only option, my defence is set, just need to downgrade Suckling to a rookie(preferably one that will play). Any future prospects?

• The Regular says:

I’m in same boat. Someone just needs to tell me Jed Bews Is nailed on! He isn’t though is he? :(

• Gold Coast Blues says:

I made a guts move and brought him in this week without even playing a game. Paid off, just hope he at least gets to 3 games. He looked OK – I think he will play.

• Kev says:

Discussion above re: bews. JS is shaky as geelong youngsters get a taste of senior footy for a few games then go back out and another gets his shot.

Wait until he is on the bubble

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Cats have the Kolodashnij twin and Schroder to also come in as they are both killing it in the VFL. Christensen is also due back round 11. Do not expect Bews to play more than another 2 games, and you wont be disappointed. If does you can be pleasantly surprised.

29. Captain joc says:

@ crouching one

Boomer Harvey 120k cheaper then gray? Are you sure crouching one

R.Gray 541k

B.Harvey 517k

Fly kick yourself out of it mate

30. Azmataz says:

Great podcast guys! Very funny and entertaining.

I am moving on Dunstan, Polec and JKH for Cameron, Selwood and one other. Only have $405k left and can get in a mid or fwd. I am thinking of getting in a bargain fwd this week, such as a Buddy or Reiwoldt (despite them having their bye). Any suggestions?

31. djb says:

one word….tex!!!!!!

32. piewood1 says:

Tough round! No Rocky & very little Zorko…. still I thought after last week that 1860 would be a good score, as last round 1744 got me 8918 position for the week. I lost my league match by 14 & finished 67,535 this week also dropped from 6,319 to 9501 in the overall rankings & will be a player short this week LOL

33. Tom.H says:

I think i'm in big trouble…. only have 12 trades left…..
    Am 1 player away from having a full premo team so idk where I really stand. Hoping to now go into hibernation and only use another 6 trades up until finals

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Assuming you need 2 trades to get full premo (1up, 1down) then you are in a great position as you dont need to do anything except the odd downgrade to build warchest or injury trade.

I am very envious, I have 14 left and only 19 premo.

34. Pat says:

what do we think of the following

Dunstan > Selwood
    JKH > Wingard
    M.Crouch > Hartung

Is there any other forwards that i should look at. Already have Danger, Dusty, Dalhous, Parker
    Cheers

• BCHawks says:

if you have the money go Gray instead of Wingard, other than that your trades are fine.

• The Mullet says:

I agree with BC on Wingard. I like him, but I want to see a solid upturn in form before I bring him in.

• Pat says:

Thanks for all the input guys !!
      ive decided to go the same trades but JKH> Gray

35. BCHawks says:

my biggest regrets this year so far are trading out Landon and Tyson to early.

• The Mullet says:

Its an easy trap to fall into, especially when they look like they have topped out , and then kick on again. I've got a feeling in my gut that Polec could do the same thing and make another 50k. But when you see a premo at their lowest price for the year, somebody worth lotsa $ has to get led to the slaughterhouse. Sorry Polec, I think you have more upside, but as they said in The Godfather….. "its not personal, its just business"

• Kris says:

Im there with you with Tyson. Nerves got the better of me

36. Gold Coast Blues says:

Absolutely filthy this week. My own fault, but I did not know you couldn't reverse trades of players who hadn't played yet once the first game has been played. So on Friday, while mucking around with structures, I bought Dixon in for Higgins who obviously wasn't playing. In my mind – I wanted Boomer. Stuck with the Dixon trade now and he looks bloody stinking. Jock fetch me a beer please and Crouching, please fly kick Dixon in to shape, for at least one more week before I have to burn a trade to rid my team of him. Kick Boomer for going big and making me feel worse too.

• The Filth says:

Take it from me.
      It’s okay being ‘absolutely filthy’….or even plain Filthy.

• SCaddict says:

Yeah even Wayno has got caught out on that ole 'can't reverse trades' chestnut.

At least Dixon can give you some ruck cover if you have a DPP rookie on your ruck bench. Now that you have him I think you have to stick fat and hope he comes good.

Boomer is very up and down and can suck folk in when he hits one of his purple patches, only to disappear a few weeks later. Scores can be as volatile as a KPP.

Kangas were also beating up on the dismal Lions operating with a skeleton crew on the weekend that allowed him to get off the chain.

37. Cyril says:

Could I get some opinions on my side pls

Enright, suckling, bartel,

Swallow Cutler, Langford. Georgio, Cutler

Ablett. Pendles. Libba. Beams

Selwood. Polec. Tyson. Dunstan. Acres. Robertson

Mcevoy. Sandilands. Derrickx. Thurlow

Buddy. Danger. N reiwoldt

Fasolo. Martin. Jhk. Ambrose. Lloyd

Have 445k in the bank. My thoughts this week are Jhk to Cameron

Then dunstan to sloane

Maybe only use two trades. Then suckling to mcveigh next week

Thoughts appreciated

• Kev says:

Few too many starting rooks at this stage of the game. Plenty of money in the bank so I'd be looking at going bang bang.

Dunstan up to Sloane is handy, then maybe a JKH to premium (Parker, Gray, Dahl etc)

Cameron will be on the bubble next week, as will Shenton from the saints. Few downgrade options to get your cash up again

• Cyril says:

Thanks. Kev. That was my plan. Problem is, if I go dunstan to sloane that leaves me under 500 k to spend on a forward upgrade. Can’t afford a gray, Harvey, Parker etc. closest to anything decent is bruest

I can go dunstan to omeara and then Jhk to gray? Then I can’t upgrade suckling next week though. He should still make money next week anyways

• WombatsFC says:

Wingard is about 40k cheaper than Bruest and Port might increase the amount of time he spends in the middle over the back half of the season. IMO that's more upside than Bruest. Jaensch is also as cheap as he will get and was pumping out regoular 110+ in defense before getting injured. Cutler to Jaensch is a good use of your cash.

• john snow says:

thanks for that wombat, Im thinking of just going Dunstan to Sloane and then JHK to Wingard and saving a trade. Then next week I can get a premium backline player like Mcveigh

38. Mike says:

Did anyone see wtf happened with Salem ? How did he go from 25-45 in a quarter to 31 for a whole game!? Screwed me right up. Running out of cash now with only Langford, Cutler to cull. Need a bargain mid to happen soon.

• pieofgod says:

Cameron Shenton…avg 73…99 v GCS yesterday. Bye this round so maybe hold till next week unless you have enough NON blue dots on the field then jump on

• WombatsFC says:

Hartung should be named and probably play a full game in the middle, half of hawks squad is in hospital. 117k they don't come much cheaper

39. Kris says:

Greetings community. My puzzler is about to break so would love to hear some thoughts.

My goal is to trade Trent west and also get in jelwood (he’s too cheap to ignore).

THOUGH ruck options aren’t to great. Sauce would be my first option BUT it will leave me 20k ish short of trading kelly to jelwood.

Which leaves options of McEvoy Goldy cox and lobbe. BUT none instill too much confidence in me.

Thoughts?

• Kris says:

Was also planning on using all three trades and trading laidler to jaensch

• pieofgod says:

Downgrade Laidler –> Maybe Nth Def J Tippett…should free up cash for Sauce+Jelwood

Latest thought,

West>Sauce
        Kelly>jelwood
        Dunstan>jaensch via McDonald)

Team now looks like
        Def—> Hanley, hooker, jaensch, Simpson, swallow, McVeigh, (laidler langdon)
        Mid—> gablett libba pendles beams macrae polec jelwood McDonald (m crouch Taylor)
        Ruc—> Sandi Jacobs (Currie thurlow)
        Fwd—> danger dahlhaus dusty zorko fasolo SLloyd (ambrose JKH)

30k I’m bank…. And plans to upgrade jkh next week to someone like nroo or lecras

• Captain joc says:

Goldy and mcevoy I would have a look at I brough goldy in last week as he has some very easy games for the rest of the season

Cheers Boss!
            But are you not concerned with goldy going up against minson and sauce in the first two rounds of finals (rd 21+22)?

40. Jacob says:

Thoughts on Sandilands. Ross said hed definately be rested either side if bye and probably later in the year. Thinking of going Sandi to minson to save a doughnut this week and probably later in the year.

• Kev says:

Saving a one week donut for a bloke averaging 117? You're mad! Keep on riding him until his turf toe comes back

• Cyril says:

I think he will definitely get a rest. That’s why I will b keeping Derickx on the pine to take up the slack. Scoring ok and increasing in value slowly

• medadsson says:

Agree with Cyril. If you have enough to cover 18 for bye I wouldn't trade Sandi out until he is not named, even then I would be reluctant to do so given Freo's run home. Sandi is blitzing and does not look like slowing down. Yes they may tactically rest him but I bet that will be much deeper into season depending upon final 4 chances etc as he has bye for a rest this week. Also don't forget he will get a two week break in the round that is spread over two weeks in late July.

41. Kev says:

Thoughts on Le Cras, community? Rubbed out for this week, but was getting a lot of mid time before his arm break/suspension. Too injury prone, maybe?

• Kris says:

Him playing mid gives a higher ceiling. But we Dont have a lot to go by. The three full games he’s played have been vs gws melb and wbd.
      That said he’s already had his yearly injury and would be a solid pod in your fwd line.
      I know next week I will be seriously considering him or Nroo to be upgraded from JKH.

42. Kris says:

Latest thought,

West>Sauce
    Kelly>jelwood
    Dunstan>jaensch via McDonald)

Team now looks like
    Def—> Hanley, hooker, jaensch, Simpson, swallow, McVeigh, (laidler langdon)
    Ruc—> Sandi Jacobs (Currie thurlow)
    Fwd—> danger dahlhaus dusty zorko fasolo SLloyd (ambrose JKH)

43. BCHawks says:

Hey guys what are people thoughts on Cameron Shenton? Scored 99 and is on the bubble could be a good downgrade option next week.

• Kris says:

has bye this week. Only consider him next round. But he does look alright for a cheapie this far into the season. And should have decent JS

44. julz says:

My forward line looks like a disaster zone, kinda glad Bris and saints have the bye this week so i don’t have to watch Zorko the Craptastic and NRoo stink it up once again!
    What’s everyone else doing with these 2, bearing in mind I bought both of them at quite a high price?

45. Benno says:

Cheeky!

46. Jimmy says:

Thoughts on Nick Dal Santo

47. LMD says:

Here’s every teams finals schedule. Something to take into consideration.

RD 21 RD 22 RD 23
    RIC – ADL STK SYD
    STK – SYD RIC ADL
    SYD – STK WB RIC
    WB – NTH SYD GWS
    WCE – ESS MEL GC

• Jimmy says:

North looking like the team to get in! still have to play melbourne twice brisbane again and three bottom sides in finals!

Cheers LMD – definitely some food for thought

Sydney, North and Adelaide players all look like good options all of a sudden

• shallots says:

Not bad- but arent finals played over 4 weeks not 3?

• shallots says:

Just a note- You have put BRIS v GEEL rnd 23 but GEEL v ADL rnd 23 and ADL v STK rnd 23

48. Mike says:

Higgo please ask your mum to choose the song next week, this weeks one was rubbish.

49. Eagler says:

Hi Guys,

I’ve still got T Mitchell on my bench. I finally decided to get rid of him and he pulls out a bloody 64 touch game in the NEAFL. Do you reckon he’s worth holding until after the buy?

Cheers

• Nifty says:

You got rid of him or he's on your Bench?

• Mike says:

Got rid of him myself last round. I was thinking he was a big vest risk coming back in and high BE. Not sure wtf Jack was the sub last week?? Cunningham hasn’t been doing much, must be doing forward tags cause he hasn’t found the footy, but doesn’t get dropped. Mitchell will get plenty of games you’d think, but that’s a lot of cash on the bench if he’s not picked week by week. Mind you if anyone goes out injured I’ll think about jumping back on.

• shallots says:

as crouching would say PI' HI' O' or pi55 him off as we would say :)

He is too slow, too selfish and just has the wrong attitude for the Sydney style. You just have to watch him and see why he got vested AND then rested the next week. I called it back at the time and traded him out. He needs another club coz if Sydney havent been able to straighten his attitude he'll be stuck in the 2nds for a long time.

50. Christos says:

It’s really important we didn’t over excite on the arousal curve….lol

51. Tom.H says:

How important is it to get Pendlebury in? I'm about to upgrade Crouch to fill my final premo MID:

Ablett, Libba, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Selwood, N.Jones, Crouch (Acres, Hallahan)

With people talking about the finals run home, i'm starting to consider getting in Nick Dal Santo for the final spot, but then I would go the rest of the season without Pendlebury. What is the better option here?
    Thanks community!

• Marcus J says:

I dont think you NEED to have pendles.

with your current crop of midfielders looking for a POD would be a wise move

• toonking says:

AAAh AAAh Agreed in the words of Higgo…..with rookies starting at a higher price this year it is harder to upgrade to an ultra premium like Peddles…might be better…spreading the cash out to upgrade elsewhere

• deadly says:

With 14 rounds still to go, get him in if can afford

• Ocker says:

What confusion Pendles is a must have next to Ablett and Danger. You have to get to finals first.
      I am putting in Selwood and Pendles this week, Both are must haves in midfield but you should have a mid forward swing or and back there. (Opposition not a worry for these blokes.

Cheers.

• shallots says:

Agreed that Pendles is not necessary. Try and get JPK- wow. he is going to smash this season apart from here in- get him in and enjoy or sit back and watch his massive scores pass you bye. If you had Pendles from the start fair enough but there are others out there playing as good. NDS and Goddard great also

52. Steve_N says:

Hey fellas,
    Looking for some wisdom. Going bang, bang, bang this week but stumped on the final trade. So far,
    McDonald >> Bews
    Polec >> Selwood

I have 102k in the bank. The following players are left to trade or stick with:

Def: KK(low BE), Langford (low BE), Georgiou (Bye)
    Mid: Crouch (low BE), Hallahan (low BE), Acres (low BE)
    Fwd: T Mitchell (smashed it in the NEAFL – 64 possesions, 4 goals), Higgins, , N Riewoldt (potential for a corrective trade), Lloyd (low BE), Ambrose

Cheers

53. Damo says:

thoughts on dean cox?

54. Bray says:

Guys I am thinking
    JKH>Charlie Cameron
    Lewis Taylor>Shenton
    Matty crouch> Jelwood
    What are your thoughts community.?
    Cheers

55. RooBoy says:

Hi Community,
    What are people's thoughts on Charlie Cameron vs Lennon from the Tiges?
    Lots of people planning on getting Charlie in by the sounds, but my thoughts are that Lennon played less than a half of footy for similar points as Charlie who played a full game?
    Am I missing something about Charlie?
    Is JS questionable for either?

• RooBoy says:

Or does Shenton top them both?
      Love to hear people's thoughts – Thanks in advance

56. Beady Eye says:

Cameron scored 89 from 78% TOG, Lennon 58 from 46% TOG.

Reckon Cameron added something to Adelaide's team and would be a bit rough to drop out. You'd think the fact he was picked as the rookie upgrade for Van Berlo's LTI would indicate they intend to play him at least semi-regularly.

57. Kev says:

I think Lennon is the most talented of the 3. Shelton for dpp flexibility, Cameron is a small forward, as a rule I'm not a fan of that position being SC scoring relevant. All 3 will be on the bubble next week, if you can hold off make your choice then

58. Gab says:

hey guys, would love some help on the trades this week please

Backline : Mcveigh, Hibberd, Birchall, Suckling, Langdon, Langford (Georgiou, Tippet)
    Mids: GAJ, Cotch, NDS, Beams, mURPHY, Dunstan, Goddard, Polec (Lloyd, Crouch)
    Forward: dANGER, DUSTY, dalhous, parker, lloyd, JKH (Ambrose, Taylor)
    Rucks: Sandi, Goldy (Dericks, King)

thoughts on trades very much appreciated !!

• SCaddict says:

I would cull JKH and upgrade Dunstan to a premo this week such as Jelwood, Pendles or Libba.

You could also look at upgrading Suckers to either Swallow, Bartel, Simpson, Burgoyne, 1AW or another premo defender that takes your fancy.

Alternatively you could also consider culling Crouch instead and upgrading JKH to a premo. So you have quite a few different options at your disposal.

Don't worry about blowing 3 trades this week as bringing in two proven premos will significantly bolster your side and the byes are the ideal time to power up and avoid potential donuts.

59. Gab says:

Also have $388k in the bank !

• shallots says:

Damn thats a pretty nice team!!!! I would trade out Dunstan and Polec for Jelwood and JPK and then JKH down to Charlie.

POW- thats what id do and id be most happy! Awesome team anyway!!!!

60. Danners16 says:

Hey fellas sorry about last week , I had commitments on so sorry. In 20min I will be available for questions for 30min depending on how many questions I get. Thanks

• Hey Danners,
      What are your thoughts on these trades:
      R.Shaw > Bartel
      JKH > Cameron
      Lobbe > Goldstein
      Leaves me with 75k and 15 trades, just not sold on Lobbe pumping out good scores and Goldy is cheap for a proven 110+ player? Also only reason I'm keeping Suckling ahead of Shaw is due to bye carnage. Thanks for your help mate :)

• Danners16 says:

I think you maybe burning a trade going R.Shaw to Bartel, JKH to Cameron sounds good, if you are low on cash, M.Lobbe to Goldstein sounds good, also it seems S.Mumford probably is coming back this week

• Yeah the only reason I am thinking of doing it is his BE is 109 and at 420k has made me 120 and reached his limit IMO. Plus it gives me 18 on field. But I will suss out other options, plenty of pre-lockout time.

61. Jack says:

DEF: D.Swallow, J.Mcveigh, M.Hibberd, G.Birchall, C.Enright, T.Langdon (W.Langford, A.Georgiou)
    MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, D.Beams, J.Selwood, C.Ward, L.Taylor, M.Crouch (N.Robertson, B.Acres)
    RUC: A.Sandilands, S.Jacobs (D.Currie, M.King)
    FWD: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, J.Roughead, C.Wingard, S.Higgins, S.Lloyd (P.Ambrose, J.Impey)

I have 16 trades left and $260,000 in the bank. I already used one trade this week which was Polec>Selwood. I was thinking Higgins> R.Gray but for some reason my guts telling me not to. What trades do you guys think i should do? Byes aren't an issue

Thoughts would be appreciated.

• Kev says:

I'd possibly reverse that trade. Out of your 5 mid rooks, Polec is the highest scoring and will continue to make money. Looking at upgrading Crouch (that 10 in his system will slow his money making ability down) or Taylor (has hit a bit of form, but lions will be getting smashed more often that not)

If you don't mind waiting a week, I'd rather Parker over Gray. I'm the same, gut feel just says stay away

• [email protected] says:

Thanks!!

62. Captain joc says:

Polec to selwood
    JKH to Cameron
    Other players I could trade
    Cutler B/E 15 avg 52 224k
    Crouch B/E 79 avg 62 276k
    Taylor B/E 2 avg 53 270k
    I only have 16 on field this week
    I’ve got 270k to spend on a upgrade in Def/Fwd anyone got any ideas?

63. Danners16 says:

Ok guys I'm open for questions about supercoach for the next 30min depending on how many questions I get. Fire Away!

64. Matt says:

Thoughts on N.Riewoldt?

• SCaddict says:

He's currently in that awkward zone where those who have him are wondering whether to dump him and those that don't are wondering whether to pick him up.

For me I think there are better options out there so like Jock I won't be touching him.

• Kris says:

Hearing Jock say no to picking up nroo as a saints man has put some serious doubt for me in grabbing him from the bargain bin

65. Gab says:

anyone know the BE's of these blokes please
    Selwood
    Pendles
    m. crouch
    d, swan

Cheers

66. joshpapworth says:

can i just say tom mitchell did get rid of him earlier in the season

but 64 touches and 4 goals in neafl!!

• SCaddict says:

It will be hard for Horse to keep him out the side but squeezing him back in will be tricky considering Pykey and McGlynn will be looking to regain their spots as well.

Swans don't have many passengers right now with players like Cunningham, Lloyd and Derickx all doing their role.

• jockreynolds says:

269 Supercoach points as well!

• joshpapworth says:

true that jock

not on subject but
        i was talking to blake acres today and he is getting scans tomorrow he reckons it is ligament damage to his foot and he has estimated he will be out for 4 weeks

• shallots says:

The bloke has a poor attitude and a pretty selfish kinda player. Just dont think he has the right attitude to get a gig in the swans team anymore. And he is slow. And with the Swans going brilliantly without him it kind of makes the decision easier to leave him out.

And 64 touches means nothing- in fact in reality how on Earth did he even get 64 touches? Doesnt sound right. Maybe he was playing greedy 1-2 footy and how many of them were contested, his DE etc etc. I get that he had alot of SC points but thats because the SC scoring spreads the points amongst all players and he is def a step ahead of the second grade. Just not sure what game style he played to get that amount of pill.

I got rid of him after he was vested- and when I think of Titchell I think of Zorko always. Dont know why but they are poison!!

67. Michael says:

Who is the best forward to get? Can get anyone. I already have Dustin, Robbie Gray, Breust, Dangerfield. Not too keen on rd 10 bye players either, otherwise would’ve got Parker. Cheers

68. WombatsFC says:

poor class and sexist too

69. Tom says:

Thoughts on Wingard

• SCaddict says:

A super star in the making and should be on everyone's radar to perhaps fill that F5 or F6 spot.

The only concern is that he's already had a couple of really influential games but they haven't translated to massive SC scores yet.

70. bourbon8 says:

Need a couple of MID rookies this week. Any ideas? Who has the best job security?

• GarglesnarfFC says:

Hartung is the only likely bubble boy this week, unless GWS pick O'Rourke to come in for Greene. Hartung is probably an ok pick with half decent JS for at least 3-4 weeks. O'Rourke is a gamble IMO, he the 2012 No 2 draft pick but hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his 2 games so far, probably only a 30% chance to get picked anyway.

• shallots says:

Hartung and Shenton

• Kris says:

could look at kane mitchell after you see how he plays this round (bit pricey though)

71. Danks very much says:

Does anyone know whats wrong with Acres? Will he be out for long?

• SCaddict says:

Has an ankle complaint so the bye has come at a good time. Don't think it's super serious but whether he misses a week or two remains to be seen. Hoping that the week off is all he needs.

• throttlefinger says:

Regardless of injury, getting the vest to start the game isn't a great sign.

• PJay says:

You're right throttle, not a good a sign at all. A complete waste of trades that I couldn't afford. DOH !

72. Lisa says:

Hi community,

Who would be the best defender to bring in this week? Throwing up either birchall, Burgoyne or Simpson? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already have bartel, enright, mcveigh, Langdon, swallow, Langford and Gardnier and would be trading out laidler. Thanks :)

• SCaddict says:

Think you are on the right track there. I have Burgoyne and he's been uber prolific so far though I rate Kade highly as well. His team mate 1AW is worth considering too.

• throttlefinger says:

Of the 3: Simpson, Burgoyne and Birchall. Walker I'd rate higher than Birchall.

• Lisa says:

Do u think with Gibson and lake being out for a while now may help birchalls scoring ability?

• Lisa says:

Do u think with Gibson and lake being out for a while now may increase birchalls scoring ability?

• throttlefinger says:

Good point, Lisa. Yet, I still think that's going to benefit Burgoyne more. Birchall's score will definitely go up so it may be a good value pick. But still 4th choice of the bunch.

• Bruce says:

Brodie Smith (Ade) or S D Thompson (North) as POD maybe?

73. Jackson says:

Hey community, looking for some advice for trades this week, should I go…
    Crouch -> Walker or Hodge (Langdon into MID)
    Polec -> Gray
    Or
    Crouch -> Enright or Robert Murphy (Langdon MID)
    Polec -> Selwood

First option has the advantage of setting up a fwd swing in my mid, but then ill be missing out on a cheap selwood. I'm also not too sure about either enright or murphy but they're about all i can afford. Any thoughts would be great

• throttlefinger says:

First option for the reasons you suggest. More flexibility. Walker for sure over Hodge. Too injury prone. Plus AW's form is picking up.

• Ocker says:

Is there any way you can get Walker and J Selwood with doing 3 trades. That would be the way to go in my opinion.. You will not see either of them any cheaper than they are now.

Cheers.

• Jackson says:

Thanks Ocker and Throttlefinger for your help! Unfortunately Ocker, I don't think I can. I did try to downgrade kennedy-harris to charlie cameron but I'm 6.5k short, and I want to avoid downgrading tyson or langdon because of their low BE. The only way I can think of is to downgrade a premium, which I definitely want to avoid.
        Thanks

• shallots says:

Hey- watch out about Langdon and Tyson!!!! They are fools gold! They can both easily drop very quickly in price now which means you may have to dump them before you plan and with them you want to upgrade meaning youre gonna want to have cash lying around.

You might find yourself in a position where you need to upgrade them ASAP but have no $. Id consider getiing rid of them- 2 easy upgrades for not much cashola.

• Jackson says:

Yeah you do have a point, it'll help with the bye situation as well if tyson's gone and I'll have enough to afford walker and selwood. Thanks mate

74. Brandon2416 says:

who will score higher from now till the end of the season out of breust and wingard??

• Josh says:

Bruest has been around a little longer. I'm not brave enough to make this prediction.

• MightyDonsFC says:

I'd say they're equal, save yourself 40k and go for Wingard?

• Ocker says:

How long is a piece of string? I would go Wingard on natural ability.

• shallots says:

Id say Breust. I have been watching wingard and his game and mindset have changed for the time being.

Lately he has more or less done his job by kicking 3-4 goals as opposed to going out and getting 25-30 touches. And that is a real concern. If he is happy getting 3 goals and 15 touches then that doesnt help in SC

75. TigerTuff says:

Is it worth trading out "Flipper" Robertson this week for Hartung or wait the extra 1-2 weeks to pick up the likes of Cameron Shenton or Claye Beams.
    Feel the need to get rid of Flipper now before his price drops
    Thoughts appreciated, cheers.

• Ocker says:

Flippers price won't drop this week because he is not playing, Depends if you have 18 on the field. I would suggest you wait for Cameron or Shenton but in saying that I took the risk and put Cameron in last week.
      Flipper has to go but you should be looking at upgrading before downgrading. (You have 3 trades this week)

Cheers

76. Remy says:

Hard to say… Bruest IMO is probably the more consistent performer. Also goes into to the midfield more than Wingard.
    I guess sometimes it just depends on who the Hawks & Power are playing.

77. john snow says:

im going to hold onto him. More because I have more important trades to make

78. Brad says:

Is ben Lennon a good downgrade target for jkh, surely won't get the vest this week considering he scored 58 in a quarter and a half??

• Brad says:

Or charlie cameron?

• Ocker says:

I would wait and see what Charlie Cameron does next game if he gets one next week.
      Most of Richmond seconds should get a game next week. ( Coming from a very disappointed Richmond Man)

• Brad says:

I got to get either Lennon or Cameron so I can get sell wood and peddles for dunstan and crouch

• Bruce says:

The way you were talking up Smurf to me over Cotchin earlier in the season i had you as a Blues man. FYI I still holding Cotch!? Will Matt Thomas play this week?

• Ocker says:

Hi Bruce, Are you referring to me? If so I make my decisions based on stats and the best for the Community not who I barrack for.
          Short answer is Cotch probably won't play this week, Thomas not sure about as Dimma is a broken man at the moment. You never know what meetings can do to a man in a week off football.

79. David says:

whats peoples thoughts on chadly wingard?
    What will he average from here on out, was thinking of bringing him in for JKH this week. Already have the guns: Dusty, Danger, Dalhous, Parker

• Ocker says:

How long is a piece of string?

• SCaddict says:

Yeah it's about the 5th time in this thread the same question has been asked ha ha

Obviously a heck of a lot of coaches are considering him and rightly so.

• Ocker says:

Me too Addict but feel I must go Pendles and J Selwood this week. 2 guns for 3 rookies and cash must do.

• SCaddict says:

They would be awesome upgrades so no worries there at all. I can only get Jelwood in myself this week and Pendles will just have to wait for another day.

• Ocker says:

Playing with the idea of getting Wingard instead of Pendles because his BE is still 140 could wait but SJ coming down big time soon too,
              Your opinion please mate.

Cheers.

• SCaddict says:

I only have one forward spot left to fill so still weighing up Wingard, Buddy and other options.

140 is a very achievable BE for Pendles so wouldn't let that put you off too much. Sure he'll probably be a little cheaper at some point in the next month but you will be missing out on his excellent output until then. Not sure he'll ever dip below $600K this season so you may only save $30K or $40K in waiting, if that.

So I would stick with your initial instincts and get those two midfield champions in and consider Wingard or other forward options in the coming weeks.

• Ocker says:

Cheers mate that is what I will do Pendles has a habit of going silly after a bye as well, I know it is very achievable for him and don't think I will see this price again.
                  Done deal. Only have one forward spot and put Charlie Cameron in last week, Between him and Lloyd with dead rookie might get me best score in forwards after byes.

Cheers.

• Captain joc says:

Ocker you have given me a lot of advice over the last couple of weeks time for me to give you some I’ve got 3 words for you about considering wingard over pendles
            Pendles: GET HIM IN!!! He hasn’t gone huge much apart from the 182 but he has been getting consistent 110-130s don’t think he has dropped below 100 yet this year

• Ocker says:

Cheers Captain, Only considered due to break even but pendles can get that easy coming off a bye he scores very well, Didn't need to convince me but thanks bloke, Selwood and Pendles has always been the plan because I put Goddard in as number 8 mid last week. Look out after byes I AM cumming.

Cheers.

• Derek says:

Yes! Must have Pendles and Jelwood.

Pies have great run coming up, he will do very well.

• Captain joc says:

All good mate I’m trying to figure out who to get in def/fwd as my other upgrade as I’m going polec to selwood

I think you told me the other day but I’m really considering a Higgins to buddy trade next week lol

That is funny Captain.

• shallots says:

yeah buddy is looking awesome marking wise now- havent seen that for 5 years!!!!!!!!!! and the swans are looking good!!!!! buddy is going to be a must have- and only 400K? hahaha he will be worth 600K in 6 weeks just watch.

• Emmanuel says:

Would you consider putting buddy back in if you’ve already had him and traded him out? At a loss mind you…

80. James says:

Hurn vs Hanley and buddy vs Nroo
    Who do you guys think will average more ?

81. Ocker says:

If you have to have an answer I would say Buddy and Hanley, BUT I never said that okay.

82. Tom says:

How many trades have people used?

83. Big Unit says:

Have been holding on Tom Mitchell this whole time on the bench, is it worth giving him one more week even if I'll only be fielding 17 players this week?

• Derek says:

I heard he had 64 possies in the NEAL on the weekend. Yes!! 64.

• Ocker says:

Do not part with him if you have held him this long, KILLED it in reserves would have to be back in after bye.

• shallots says:

get rid of him- he wont be playing much AFL this year. Plus his poor attitude doesnt help. Great player but wont squeeze into a team that is running like clockwork at the moment!!!!!

Get him out for buddy- you wont be disappointed.

84. Philthy says:

I've been stuck with Pyke due to so many other injuries lately and now is the time to finally pull the trigger, can I get away with a straight swap to Dog Dog?

• Ocker says:

It will cost you about $24,000 but I don't like it.

• Philthy says:

So I've got 300 to spend, was going to blow it all on Crouch to Jelwood bang bang with some spare change for the above trade?

• Ocker says:

Crouch to Jelwood is a top move but surely there is someone else you can trade, 3 trades? NOW is the time to use them. Are you just going for league? Put your team up and I will see if I can help.

Cheers.

• Philthy says:

Thanks Ocker, just going for league now unfortunately albeit for decent cash anyway, ended up swinging a few things making 3 trades, crouch out for shenton, swinging fwd to trade Cyril for jelwood and Smitchell for NDS, thoughts?

• Derek says:

Zac smith looked good

• Captain joc says:

Have a look at Goldstein 2 tons in a row 470k Minson is a safe pick at 501k and another would be Ryder although he has the bye this week has tonnes up last 5 games

Personally I traded pyke to goldy last week

Pyke should be back after Sydney’s bye

• Philthy says:

Thanks Captain joc, I am now embarrassed about picking the big Canadian, hasn't relished the role without mummy as I'd hoped, will hold him for a week or two now as he can't lose much more cash!

• Captain joc says:

All good mate your not the only one who picked him up at the start of the season I did too I was so glad to get rid of him

85. Johnno1322 says:

Hey guys I’m a bit stuck on who to trade/hold this week. I have 14 trades left and my team is as follows.

(Def) swallow, hibberd, burgoyne, h.shaw, k.kolodjashnij, cutler, tippett, gardiner.

(Mid) ablett, pendles, watson, beams, libba, murphy, treloar, selwood, hallahan, hartung.

(Ruc) sandi, jacobs, derickx, king.

(Fwd) danger, parker, dusty, wingard, wright, lloyd, z.merrett, ambrose.

Thoughts?

• Derek says:

How much cash?

• Captain joc says:

You could downgrade derickx to someone who’s the lowest price then pump that 170k into upgrading wright to a gray/Harvey/Dahlhaus
        I wouldn’t do too much this week as it seems as tho you could wait a little bit for your rookies to fatten up and your fairly covered for the byes

• Kev says:

Hey Johnno, I really think you can just sit back this week mate. Your D6, D7, D8, is of some concern, but neither of the 3 are ready to be culled yet. Same with your F6, F7, F8. Your mids and rucks look super.

If you really want to trade, Wright up to a Dahlhous or Gray, but that depends on the amount of cash you have and it's a bit trading for trading sake

86. Derek says:

Abletts price is around $750k. Suns have had an easy run, and is about to get tough. After dogs they play against Crows, eagles, cats, swans, hawks, pies. For those s that have big balls and need to make it happen you could consider trading him out for a truck load of cash and buy him back just before finals when he has dogs and saints.

I think Higgo talked about this a few weeks ago, has some legs.

• Ocker says:

Hey Derek, Higgo did mate but I have little acorns, The big problem is how do you get that much money to bring him back in? I don't think you could afford it once he is gone from your team. Price will not go below $700,000 in my opinion. Remember we are talking about a permanent Captain regardless of who he plays but your choice.
      I would not even consider it.

Cheers.

• Danny says:

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY. Never dump the master unless LTI
        Fact is uber premo's don't care if they verse a good side. Just means more hard ball gets.
        I do re-call a lot of talk about Pendles hard run before the byes so ppl may want to leave him out. I don't think the hard run has hurt him. "Sometimes" these premo's score less against lesser sides.
        Sorry, really first time I have been brave enough to put an opinion. (I'm a rookie)

• Kris says:

a LTI to gaz would make each head to head round a lot more interesting

• Ocker says:

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion mate especially a constructive one that is why we are here.
          Your opinion is a very good one to have and 100% right. Well done mate.

• Rocksta says:

GAJ scored 184 on the weekend and is averaging over 150 for the season.
      Read the above out allowed to yourself and then ask yourself if it could ever be contemplated to trade him out.

I know people whom are having to restructure their teams just trying to get him in . He is the set and forget Captain, week in week out.

• pieofgod says:

I followed Mick da Mad Irishman's strategy of leaving him and Pendles out and no GAJ has been my biggest regret of the year cos i just cant compete with good lists that have him as Captain…if R.Griffen doesn't return to last years form I will turn him into GAJ following his tuff run in 5-6 rounds. My feedback – its a hihgly risky plan with minimal pay off – just not worth it

• SCaddict says:

It's an act of desperation for those with a terrible ranking or at the bottom of their leagues that is sadly very unlikely to bear fruit. Only likely burning a trade and making your team weaker.

How many teams in the top 100 don't have GAJ? I haven't checked but I'm guessing it's few and far between.

Simply the greatest fantasy footballer we have ever seen and is likely to be the first player picked in most 2015 teams as well, especially by those who didn't start with him this season ha ha.

• Derek says:

just putting it out there (wasn't ever going to do it)

• WombatsFC says:

Beyond Blue might be able to help if you consider going that way again. Ending it all isn't the answer your luck will change keep Gaz until you see his coffin covered with dirt.

87. Johnno1322 says:

No cash I used it last week to bring in pendles and selwood. I’m not sure who to downgrade as most of my rookies still have really low breakevens.

• Kris says:

save your trades for another week then

• Derek says:

be patient. Everyone this year seems to be in such a mad rush to get to full premium. Unless you are going for rank, take your time. As long as you are doing better than 50% win/loss in the leagues, you need to build the premium team by round 17, not round 12.

88. Matt says:

Hi community just wondering peoples thoughts on Grima?

• Ripper_Roo says:

Hi Matt, Grima is out at least another week with a foot complaint, so it should help your decision.

89. shallots says:

Has anyone asked themselves how did T Mitchell get 64 possies? NO team player gets that much pill so aside from DT and SC points how much of his possies were little 1 -2 cheapies, how many were contested, how many marks and how many tackles. what was his DE? Was he playing greedy footy and setting himself up for easy touches like kicking backwards and sideways? Gotta remember that he is 2 steps above second grade level and 1 step below AFL level.

And with the swans firing I cant see them dropping anyone for a player that is slow, selfish and has a bad and casual attitude. Great footy player but not a great team AFL player. hmmmm reminds me a hell of a lot of Zorko!

• MightyDonsFC says:

14 marks, 23 contested, 5 tackles, 12 clearances and a lazy few goals. He also had 27 handball receives and 16 hardball gets.

• Derek says:

I think he is Zorko (has anyone seen the two of them in the same room together!)

• Josh says:

I think he might be over his ankle concerns.
      I have him since the start of the year, had to decide between him and Parker. Although I am hurting now, Tom has the ability to knock out large scores and bad games when fit are 100 min. Selfish players dont get games anymore.
      He will out score Parker this year.
      He is a GUN

90. Tom says:

Thoughts on buddy or wingard. buddy seems to have hit some form of late

• Kev says:

Maybe so, but look at his first 6 rounds to see why you shouldn't risk it. 54, 79, 130, 29, 104, 31. Absolute rollercoaster of the highest order.

Plenty of discussion on Wingard, scroll up

91. Tom.H says:

What are people doing with Polec? I want to trade him off to pendlebury but am unsure if i'm going too early due to my arousal curve. Thoughts?

• blake says:

mate get pendlebury straight into your team, worth the cash

• julz says:

I traded Polec to Jobe last week (yeah know Jobe has bye this week but was too cheap too ignore! Plus it fit my structure)
        I say get Pendles in ASAP if you can :)

• pieofgod says:

Agree – Pendles is 50k odd cheaper than last year right now – you cant lose

• Tom.H says:

Cheers guys. Straight in

• Cam_H says:

Same issue here: Polac likely to go up by $15,000 to $20,000, Pendlebury likely to go down by $10,000 to $15,000 this week …. $30,000 to get 'say' 30 extra points in one week due to arousal? I'm not sure myself.

• Flacid Jaff says:

Agreed! I know it's easy to over-excite, but make the trade next week when the arousal curve is at it's peak!

92. Gilly says:

Anyone else have the time for Sam Gibson? If you take out his round 1 score is averaging 111

• Tom.H says:

I would consider him for an extreme POD option yes, but not at this point in the season.
      If he still averages 111 for the rest of the season, look to bring him in around the supercoach finals time. North have a dream finals run, so he will be a great pick up then.
      Risky pick now

93. Gba says:

hey guys,
    is it worth keeping polec for one more week and after the dreaded byes, trade him then for pendles. I know pendles is a must have but ive decided to get in selwood this week because of his price.
    Is it stupid not to get pendles now??

• Tom.H says:

Get pendles NOW. They're playing WCE at the MCG so there's no doubting that Pendles will have a day out. I think he will go above his Break Even (145). So it's time to get him

• Cam_H says:

His average is 110 against West Coast, and last year he played the Eagles on the MCG he got 111. I don't know if he will get over 145 – which I can certainly envisage – but I'm a bit wary. As noted in a similar thread just above, there's a case either way.

• Derek says:

I have exact same position. Will get Jelwood this week, and Pendles next

• WombatsFC says:

I suppose it depends on whether Polec is your M7 or M8 or on the bench. With JKH at 300k and charlie cameron 120k surely you can paint the fence a turn dunstan into selwood

94. Dinkum Davo says:

Who to upgrade to selwood? Fasolo or lewy T

Depends if fas is named but what are peoples thought?

• Tom.H says:

I think it definitely depends on who is named. If fasolo is named (and is not the sub) then trade Taylor.
      If he is not named, then trade Fasolo.

• Ocker says:

I would keep Taylor due to his DP and also starting to score okay. Dual Position rookies are hard to find.

• Dinkum Davo says:

Think it’ll have to be goodbye to fasolo cos I changed my mind from A walker to K Simpson n need the extra dollars

• WombatsFC says:

You don't intend to keep either on the field so keep Taylor for his flexi. I think his breakeven is only 2 or less

95. Cyril says:

What r peoples plans for Derickx ?

He’s up to 270 k now which should rise up to 300 or so soon. Will you downgrade him and are there any decent downgrade options on the horizon? Or is he just good cover for bloody Ross Lyon resting sandilands at short notice

Just tempting to use that generated cash in the next few weeks

• Kev says:

Should be one of the last trades you make IMO. Get in someone cheap for him and you'll hopefully have around 220-240k to upgrade that last rookie on the field. Has been of great service for me while Mumford has been out

96. Cyril says:

What r peoples plans for Derickx ?

Just tempting to use that generated cash in the next few weeks

• Tom.H says:

I would hold onto him. Ross Lyon will certainly rest Sandi, although I don't think he will rest him as long as expected, due to Fremantle's ladder position. I would keep Derickx until there's a new rookie on the bubble

• Derek says:

I have been waiting for Zac Smith to come back. Was thinking he might be eased into the game and might have a few sub scores to start and that will see his price drop to under $400k. I had dreams of going derickx to Smith for $100k.

I watched Zac on the weekend, he is a dead set gun!

97. Cyril says:

Jock, crouching, higgo.

Any chance of posting your teams. Would b interesting to see how your respective teams are shaping up since we hear the podcast ideas etc

Thoughts?

98. jvk16 says:

Is it stupid to think that libba could average the same as pendles?
    Looks a very good price and low BE
    Short 10K for Kennedy, is there anyone else worth considering?
    looking at doing either:
    Dunstan > Selwood
    Kennedy-Harris > Libba (DPP Honeychurch)
    Fasolo > Lennon/Shenton
    with about 30K left over
    OR
    Dunstan > Selwood
    Kennedy-Harris > Pendles (DPP Honeychurch)
    Fasolo > Cameron
    with 3K left over
    will hold on trades for a bit after this so that the rookies can generate some cash
    with 2 more needed for full premo side and Langdon and 12 trades left

Thoughts appreciated

• The Mullet says:

Did a bit of research on Libba vs Pendles on SC gold.
      Pendles scores- 127 182 115 129 128 124 102 128. In the preseason, a few left him out on the theory he had a tough run up to his bye. IF they were right, his scores are only going UP from here. Personally, I think he is likely to knock up a lot more of the 130 ish scores with the occaisonal really big one. His averages against finals opponents are 104 114 107. He is a perma VC (we know who the perma C is)and everyone should have him in their team. The only question is when to get him. Despite his 145 BE, I can't see him getting much cheaper.

Libba's scores- 79 111 154 82 76 96 139 171. Note that he has had more really big scores than Pendles, but isn't as consistent. His current BE is only 24 and SC gold is projecting a 40k price rise this week. If you want Libba, NOW is a good time to get him. His averages against finals opponents are 90 86 67(GWS, not much history).

I favour Pedles for a few reasons. He is one player that I believe you MUST get into your team at some point. He is about as cheap as he is likely to get. His ceiling and captaincy credentials are at least as good as Libbas. Some would argue they are better. My two bobs worth anyway.

• The Mullet says:

Is Pendles worth the extra coin? Yep. Every cent.

• Captain joc says:

5 of 8 scores between 124-129 that is so valuable I’m glad I’ve had him since the start

• jvk16 says:

yep you sold me with that
          thanks heaps for putting in the effort to do that
          its people like you that make this place what it is!

• Derek says:

i ws one of the ones that thought I could start without Pendles and pick him up after the bye for cheap. It looks like it has worked well for Jelwood, but pendles is half a step above. Will have to wait one more week to get pendles (get Jelwood this week)

99. pieofgod says:

A lot of people discussing getting off Fasolo….(1) excluding his last game when he was injured on ANZAC day his last real effort was a 130 odd off the backline. (2) He is on the improve in a new role and has a great upside (3) to me there's not that many obvious choices in the forward line – guaranteed 100+ and consistency. I say hold another week or 2 and fix other issues

• Flacid Jaff says:

Agreed.
      I'm holding onto Fasolo. He's in the best 22 and has got more cash to make us. Providing he keep his form when he comes back, I'm onsidering keeping him as my permanent F7!

• bricksavy says:

hold the Han fasolo! great foot skills spell points to me. IN the best 22. Sold. Keeper.

• Garglesnarf FC says:

Holding DoReMi for now, patience will be sorely tested if he does not get named thursday though.

100. Jason says:

I have 18 trades and $576,400 in the bank .

Should i do 3 upgrades this week ? Any suggestions would be appreciated ….

Def – McVeigh , Swallow , Burgoyne , Suckling , Langdon , McKenzie and McDonald , Langford .

Mids – Ablett , Murphy , Beams , Liberatore , Goddard , Polec , Dunstan , Crouch , and Hallahan , Acres …..

Rks – Mumford , Sandilands and Derickx , King

Fwds – Dangerfield , Harvey , Martin , J.Jennedy , L.Taylor , S. Lloyd and P.Ambrose , J. Impey .

Im doing Dunstan to Selwood and possibly L.Taylor to the mids and trading Crouch to Wingard ….

101. Matt says:

Im looking to bring in Nathan Grima for suckling im just wondering what peoples thoughts on him are?

• Cam_H says:

Grima's injured, so you'd want to check his availability.

I'm not a big one for saying 'get him' or 'don't get him', but Suckling to Grima seems somewhat of a sideways trade… can you go up or down from Suckling?

• Matt says:

Yeh after i wrote this i re evaluated my trades and think i might hold off on that one
        Thanks for the help

102. Mathew says:

Why arnt people talking about Josh P Kennedy
    Everyone seams to caught up on the Pendlebury train to realize for an extra $10k you can pick up JPK who is throwing out insane scores of 150+
    Yes pendles is a great pick up and a big in for your team but JPK is just getting better and better and scores like that is what you want

• Cam_H says:

I don't disagree with what you're saying. For me, he's got the bye this week so I wouldn't trade him in, and last year he fell short of his 2012 form so some might be a bit 'gun shy'. Good point though. :O)

• Kris says:

Like Cam said the bye is prob why not much chat atm.
      But I also think Pendlebury is more dependable to keep pumping out the tons and you can just about expect a nice 120 each week. JPK is having a ripper of a season though

• Kris says:

Also as Jock mentioned in the podcast there is only a select few (3?) that has pulled a ton in every match. and JPK isnt one of them.

• SCaddict says:

Only missed the tonne once with 91 in that debacle against GWS in round 1. Pendles also barely scraped through with a 102 so the difference is pretty marginal there.

Pendles does enjoy a 6pt higher average though JPK has steadily closed that gap. In fact over the past 5 games JPK has averaged 136 to Pendles 122.

• Captain joc says:

I’m looking at jpk as my last mid spot

• Mathew says:

This is what ive been looking at. The last 5 games he has killed it and the last 3 he is 144 average hitting 150+ twice
            The only worry about him i think is if he can sustain this form. 2012 he seamed to do the same thing then drop off right near the end that is the only reason id choose pendles over him but i still think he is a top pick up

103. Kris says:

Is Mumford worth the cash if he plays this week?
    OR was his scores inflated due to two games in the wet and having Pyke as his toughest opposition?

• bricksavy says:

That's exactly what I was thinking, but going t pull him in as he has a low BE.

• Kristofor says:

I'm very tempted by Mumford.. break even of 6…
      Set to go up 50k.. it's either now or never..
      I have Sandilands and Lobbe (who has been a bit of a dissappointment, and under an injury cloud..)
      Lobbe out for Mumford?

104. pieofgod says:

HI Community….can any one offer some advice on upgrading Cotchin to Pendles….i know sideways trades are a no no but Richmond are a bit of a mess and he's predicted to decline slowly – where as our man Pendles i want in my side come finals and apart from Hawthorn x2 and Power once the pies have a great rest of the season run???

All advice welcome???

• Kris says:

I wouldnt be trading premo for premo until i can field a whole premo side.
      Have polec? Could upgrade him to pendles if you have a lil bit of cash.
      But I agree having dependlebury in your team is a good move.

• pieofgod says:

No Polec, he turned into Selwood last week. Not a huge surplus of trades – just teased by the fact Cotchin has underacheieved and Pendles is likley as cheap as he will get.

Thanks fro advice gents…ill wait till closer to lock out, then throw the proverbial dart at the board…likely do the fun thing and get the young man from Sale on the roster

• SCaddict says:

If you have a few spare trades in your hip pocket over and above those needed for rookie upgrading and injuries then it's something to look at.

Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to burn a trade for that purpose right at the moment but maybe something I consider down the road. Certainly if Cotch is sidelined for a few weeks then that move becomes a lot more viable in my situation.

105. bob says:

Pendles vs Fyfe tp bring in after the final bye round. thoughts?

106. Kristofor says:

Hey all, what are your thoughts on Polec?
    Had him from the start, with the objective of him being a cash cow..
    His break even is still only 60, so more value to be had.. further, he's averaging nearly 100. Tempted to upgrade him to a Selwood or something, but it just feels wrong to get rid of someone who is capable of scoring 100+ regularly..

• Tom.H says:

READ ABOVE COMMENTS

• dognino says:

I'm going to hold for a bit longer, he is my M 8 at the moment , so I'm going to wait and see how other premiums are travelling in a few weeks time after some of my new cash cows have fattened

107. Paige says:

Hey community – just uploaded some breaking SC news on the SCPaige website….check it out!

108. Jai says:

I want to upgrade Billings to either R.Gray ave 108.0 or B.Harvey ave 107.4 who do you think is the better choice ?

109. Blake says:

Sorry to break it to you Paige and all your other Supercoach Paige crew but your website and all it's information and tips is absolute rubbish. I do appreciate the quarter by quarter live scores though :)

110. Tom says:

Breust or Roughead?

111. vinnymac says:

The byes are driving me crazy!
    1: Trade out Dane Swan, bring in J. Selwood?
    Or
    2: Leave Swan, downgrade M. Crouch instead?

• Tom says:

2. Don't trade swan

• Cam_H says:

vinnymac,

Unless there's something wrong injury-wise with Swan that I'm unaware of, I'd go Option 2 if anything. I'm actually hanging on to Matt Crouch as bench cover, at least for the next few weeks (but you might not be able to do that – I don't know your team – do you have other downgrade-able midfielders with the Round 10 bye?).

112. Patty says:

joel selwood and dane swan surely get a mention in tonites TAT?

113. MajorMash says:

So my team at the moment is:

D. Swallow, S. Thompson, S. Burgoyne, C. Enright, M Suckling, T. Langdon (Laidler, Tippett)

G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, D. Beams, M. Murphy, T. Cotchin, B. Goddard, J. Polec, M. Crouch (Hallahan, Acres)

S. Mumford, A. Sandilands (Thurlow, Derickx)

P. Dangerfeild, D. Zorko, D. Martin, J. Gunston, A. Fasolo, JKH, (Taylor, Ambrose)

I also have $162,000 in the bank, with 19 trades remaining.

I was thinking of doing Crouch -> J. Selwood, and JKH -> Shenton/Cameron as my trades this week – I want to keep Polec as I reckon he is going to rise to over $500k!

Would those trades be a good option, or am I better off focusing elsewhere rather than the midfield?

Thanks!!

• Jack says:

I think those trades are good but you should also think about upgrading Suckling. Bartel or Simpson are good options but otherwise your teams looking great!!

• WombatsFC says:

You might consider getting another 105+ fwd

114. mark says:

Trade Zorko or Kennedy Harris,will Zorko start bring back something to the table after his good start to the season?

115. Josh.F says:

What does everyone think of my onfield team?

M.Mcveigh D.Swallow M.Hibberd. G.Birchal. Hanley. Langford

G.Ablet. D.Beams. J.Watson. J.sellwood. Liberatore. M.Murphy T.Cotchin. B.Goddard

Sandilands. Jacobs

P.Dangerfield. L.Parker. D.Martin. C.Wingard. S.Higgins. A.Fasolo

116. Gab says:

hey guys, im gonna wait a week on pendles and trade polec out next week probably
    does anyone know roughly what the prices of both these players will be next week?
    If pendles doesnt reach 145ish how much will he go down?

117. Kris says:

Is Crouch worth holding onto still? Still money to be made? The Sub took me by surprise.

• Cam_H says:

Took me by surprise too Kris. I have him and intending to keep him on the bench to see what happens in the next few weeks, but I'm not entirely confident about his job security. There are still several Crows vying for selection and a few returning from injury in the coming weeks. I have similar concern for Charlie Cameron, who I don't think I'll trade in until/unless he's on the bubble and selected in the starting 22.

• Kris says:

Cheers cam. Your spot on regarding his now shaky JS. But the kid is very good at what he does. As much as I would like to get rid of the uncertainty that he now brings, I think I will be forced to keep him for another week as I plan on three upgrades hopefully

118. Dutch Life says:

He guys I’m in a bit of an awkward situation, I’m really keen to get on Jelwood this week with his rather low price, looking to upgrade Matt Crouch to him, but need to cash to do so. So I was thinking JKH>Charlie Cameron, but I’m still a bit short, and don’t quite know what to do. I all so have 16 playing with the bye, and with the Steve Johnson Suspension I’m down to 15.

Please help community, all thought are welcome.

Cheers community

• Crowmagnon says:

Do you have another lamb that is ready to silence? You could always do3 trades this week. Bang bang bang!

• Ocker says:

Hard to miss out on Selwood this week at his price and B/E. This is the last week of being able to do 3 trades if you are willing to make them. Put your team up and you might get some assistance or advice.

Cheers.

• Dutch Life says:

Here is my team:
        Def: Swallow Bartell Jaensch Simpson Birchall Langdon (Cutler Geogiou)

Mids: Ablett Pendulbury JPK Watson Cotchin Murphy S.Johnson Hallahan (Acres Crouch)

Rucks: Sandilands Dericx (Hicky King)

Fwds: Dangerfield Parker Zorko Martin Wright JKH (Taylor Ambrose)

13 trades left and$55,400 I’m the bank.

Thanks community

Option 1

JKH – C Cameron
          T Cutler – J Tippet
          M Crouch – J Selwood.
          This leaves you $32,700 in the bank.

I do see a problem in the ruck department though and you could have big problems there soon. Hickey another 5 weeks according to AFL Site.
          It has been a rumor for a while that Sandilands would be rested after the bye as well which means he could be out for 2 weeks. (Rumors) I think that is why "Crouching One" suggested trading him this week.
          Also Wright and Zorko have very high B/E 133 and 137 respectively I am not a fan of either and can't see them being top 6 at end of year.
          Would you like another option? Who would you like to have in your forward line?

Cheers.

• Dutch Life says:

Thanks mate, I am looking to get Robbie Gray in my fwd line in the coming weeks, and maybe even Bruest, Franklin, Roughead.

Yes I do realise that my Rucks are a major issue and was planning to upgrade Hicky to the like of Goldstein.

• Ocker says:

Just cooking tea I will check back in about 1 hour.

• Ripper_Roo says:

Ocker, you are an absolute champ in this community. The likes of yourself, throttlefinger, SCAddict, and a few others, are so selfless it makes supercoach an excuse to relate with folks like yourselves. Your generosity will come full circle.

• Captain joc says:

I say wright down to Cameron and then crouch to selwood and then you could do hickey to Goldstein with 6k left then next week downgrade derickx to the cheapest non playing ruck man and then upgrade JKH to a fwd premo

You might just have to take a bit of a hit this week if you really want to get selwood in

Option 2

Bit left field and could be said sideways but it depends on who you want to keep in forward line.

M Wright – Franklin
          Zorko – C Cameron
          Crouch – Selwood
          This leaves you $101,900 in the bank for a straight swap and only one trade next week.
          Hickey – Goldstein. On the proviso that Goldy does not score more than 95 you should have enough money.

Hickey and bank = $478.700
          Goldy price $470.500 B/E 77 Score of 95 would make him $478.226 on current Champion Data multiplier.

You can afford any of the forwards you mentioned for Wright, But Franklin is the only one that will allow you to possibly get straight swap next week.

Hope this is of some help.

PS: Do not part with Derickx he is too handy as backup.
          Cheers.

• Dutch Life says:

Ocker and Jock, Thank you guys so much for your help, you two have guided me into the right direction, you’s are a major help in the community, and we all thank you’s for it.
            Keep up the great work Jock, fantastic stuff

• Ocker says:

You are welcome mate, I happen to have the time and like to help the Community where I can I give an opinion.

119. Tom says:

Thoughts on upgrading cotchin to kennedy, i know its a sideways trade but cotchin is going to leak money

120. Emmanuel says:

Hi guys, have never posted my team but you all have such terrific advice and insight. Would love some expert opinions. I made some early mistakes and burnt trades to repair.

$26k in the bank and 14 trades left.

Def: Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh, Enright, R Shaw, Suckling, Landon, Langford

Mid: Ablett, Beams, Swan, Murphy, Cotchin, Polec, Dunstan, J Kelly, Acres, Roberston

Ruck: Sandilands, Lobbe, Derickx, Thurlow

Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Rioli, Billings, Tex Walker, Ambrose, Lloyd

My objective is to get in Selwood and replace Rioli this week. As well as any other improvement.

Question is how?

Also, of the mids and defs I have, which can be considered premiums?

My thinking is:

Roberston > Hartung

Polec > Selwood

Rioli > R Gray

I’d love to keep Polec but can’t afford Roberston and Dunstan to Hartung and Selwood.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

• Azmataz says:

I would say you Mid premo's are Abz, Beams, Swan, Murph and maybe Cotch but he hasn't done much this year..
      Def premo's are Bartel, Swallow, McV, Enright and I think you are going to have to hold on to oe of R Shaw or Suckling given your lowish trades left. Hanley will be cheaper next week so I would consider swapping R Shaw or Suckling to Hanley (proven premo and under-priced). Langdon might just be a good D6..

I like your trades that you have in mind. Just not 100% on Hartung but hopefully he gets named.

• Captain joc says:

What about
      Shaw to bews or j.tippett or j.hunt should net you about 300k you could loophole between Langdon/Langford as D6 with hunt not playing so just put the Emergency on whoever is playing first if they go good then put hunt on field
      Dunstan to selwood -230k
      Rioli to gray -40/50k

Then next week you could downgrade Robertson to shenton/Lennon
      Upgrade suckling to walker

121. bricksavy says:

A mad man's tale.
    I have 9 trades left if I don't use 3 this week and guess what? I'm using all 3.
    Trading in Mumford for JKH (using thurlow swing)
    Selwood for dunstan
    and R gray for zorko the peanut. (playing in the mid creating swing set)

I remain calm. My team is getting better and scoring more. every trade thus far has been to generate cash.

Mid field
    Gaz,beams,selwood,goddard,libba,tyson (KEEPER), polec,maccrea,acres.
    helping me sleep at night, though I plan more upgrades.

Jumping on buddy next week and getting in clay beams and probably shenton to free up cash and trade some more.

would love to get dal santo and JPK

aiming to be a laughing stock come finals, but hey, I might just get in if they all stay fit.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

• Glorin says:

Tip for next year. Create a second team for that weekly trade "fix! Buy low, sell high.

122. john snow says:

Bricksavy,i think you are in big trouble. What does the rest of your team look like

• Bricksavvy says:

Back – swallow mcvigh jaensch Dunn Langdon kolod McDonald …….. Georgio…….. *Shakes head.
      Mids gaz beams sellwood Goddard libba Tyson polec maccrea acres
      Mumford Macintosh Sandi derix
      Danger Parker wright billings fasolo Lloyd thurlow ambrose

Next week
      Trade macintosh for buddy using thurlow swing set
      Then look at clay beams type for polec looking to trade in the week after that to upgrade maccrea to Burgoyne
      Then – oh I'm not finished trading……..
      Trade more as the few remaining cows mature. Using danger into mid or something crazy like that.

There's always next year……

123. Blueprime says:

Thoughts on R Griffen. Av 100 last 5 rounds @ 498800.

124. steve says:

who was right? We are having rows! my tactics v brother in law. he went through the bye's in AFL Fantasy trade premo for premo to score points to win the league. my tactics were to still trade up / down and premo where possible – navigating byes as best possible (sleepless nights). the net results he is 2nd i am 5th and 300 point difference. BUT iam 5 premo's ahead with 1 bye to go. So do i maintain my strategy or go watson / leidlaw for boomer or simpson and a rookie? OR SWAP tactics this round to make up points and go watson and zorko for boomer / dahl or gray?? please help end this FIGHT:) thanks in advance Steve

125. Matt says:

Gray or Parker? its tricky I like them both just wondering if gray can keep up this form

126. Ty_ says:

SHAUN HIGGINS Is it worth trading Shaun Higgins to Brent Harvey… looking for league win against a hard opponent who has Higgins do I hold or trade……. Have got a weird feeling that Harvey is going to be in great form.

DAYNE ZORKO I am very tempted to swing into mid and Wingard into forward then upgrading Zorko to Joel Selwood… thats what my gut is telling me

Who is a priority trade out of JKH and Flippa

Cheers Ty

127. Ben says:

hey jock,
    i know your flat out with all the comments you get, really need your help or a real expert.
    I have tom mitchel in my side and have had him from the start of the season, and have kept him through
    getting dropped. Coming off his 64 possessions in the vfl, will he play after the bye?
    cause if not do i trade time out? or wait a little longer?

• Josh says:

I am in the same position with T.Mitchell
      My name is not Jock but I believe Tom is a competitive beast.
      His ankle is yesterdays news & he has a many tonnes to come & a solid spot in the team – if selected.
      Why do they need him ? A pure inside mid extractor to help out JPK/Mcglynn. All the other midfield bunch do not provide this role; even parker who is playing a mid forward.

128. Henry says:

Hello Community,

Should I try and move heaven and hell to get Gary Ablett in my team or just bring in 2 premium midfielders eg Joel Selwood and Callum Ward?

Thanks.

129. Daryl Prasad says:

Amazing podcast. Listened to it about five times now…thanks!

130. Tom says:

What should we do with Matt Wright?

131. Dinkum Davo says:

Option 1
    Suckling pig to kade Simpson
    Fasolo to selwood with lewy T swinging fwd

Option 2
    Suckling pig to shannon burn hurn
    Sam loyd to selwood

Don’t like premature ejaculation of rookies but when
    there not named is it less embarrassing?
    Option 2 gives me 20th player and should get a comfy win
    Either way.

Need some fatherly advice from the community

132. Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe
    this amazing site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read
    through more, thanks for the information!

my web page … whatsapp spywhatsapp hack

133. Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with afterward
    you can write if not it is complex to write.

My web page: whatsapp hackwhatsapp spy tool

134. I for all time emailed this blog post page to all my friends, because if like to
    read it then my links will too.

Here is my blog :: is garcinia cambogia

135. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do
    I come across a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my search for something regarding this.

136. LMD says: