Flesh for Fantasy – Round 2

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on March 27, 2014 • views: 1926

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

Congratulations on getting through the first week of the season. It was bloody long and taxing, but we have no time for rest, the turnaround is short and we’re back at it again tonight with Carlton v Richmond.

The second week of round 1 saw the usual SuperCoach stars in Watson, Selwood, Barlow and Riewoldt begin the year with a bang. Add a few blokes like Treloar, Swallow and Prestia joining the party and it looks like we’re in for a big year.

This weekend is probably one of the biggest of the season. It is the last chance we get to look at players and make changes before the prices change at the end of round 3. It’s very easy to get trigger-happy and dump underperforming players, but it is important to stay focused and remain rational. An old man once told me, cool heads must prevail.

This is the round of corrective trading. I’ll be providing corrective trade options, players you may have missed out on and my thoughts on trading this week.

So lets begin.

GET HIM IN

Tom Langdon (COLL) DEF/MID – $117,300SC

• Next 5 games: SYD (A), GEE (H), RICH (A), NM (A), ESS (H)
  • Round 1 score: 111

If you don’t have Tom Langdon, I’d strongly urged to use a trade and get him in. An impressive display on debut, Langdon amassed 24 touches (20 of those kicks), 6 marks and 5 tackles on his way to 111 SC points. He was given first crack at replacing Heath Shaw as that rebounding defender and looks to have cemented his spot…for the time being.

Langdon is priced to score next to nothing, so 111 on debut will see a nice price rise when they change end of round 3. Give his price, it will be easy to trade a D7/D8…even a D6 to Langdon. You could even wait a week on McDonald and if his SC output is below par again, bank $70k and swoop on Langdon. Depends on your defensive players from D5-D8, but if you don’t have Tom Langdon, you must work out a way to get him in.

Shane Mumford (SYD) RUCK – $496,000 SC

• Next 5 Games: STK (A), MELB (H), WBD (H), ADEL (A), GC (H)
  • Round 1 score: 110

Dominate in round 1, Shane Mumford has come into R1 calculations. The Mad Irishman spoke about him in this week’s Tight Arse Tuesday, and I’m basically here to echo his thoughts. Lets break down his game against Mike Pyke who isn’t your traditional monster of a ruckman – 45 HOs, 7 tackles and 5 marks. 45 Hit-Outs if you don’t mind. Next up? Tom Hickey. After that? Jake Spencer or Max Gawn. Mick has him averaging 115-119 pts before the byes.

If you’ve still got Nic Nat this plan could see you make A LOT of money. You trade out Nic Nat or you get Mumford in for whoever is R1, you sit on him till the byes, watch him increase in value while Nic Nat drops, then BANG! trade him out pot bye for Nic Nat and make $$$. Even if you’re not keen on Nic Nat, Mumford will still be a solid R1 option to compliment Sandilands. Get on.

David Swallow (GCS) MID/DEF – $429,400 SC

• Next 5 Games: FRE (A), BRIS (H), HAW (H), MELB (A), GWS (H)
  • Round 1 score: 135

We had been anticipating a big year from David Swallow, and didn’t he give us plenty – 27 touches, 9 marks, 1 goal 4 and 135 SC points. He was almost the linkman, setting up play from half back and giving Gold Coast run. Not to mention pumping the ball inside 50 4 times and amassing 5 clearances. It was the complete performance from a player due for a break out year.

Swallow can have impact off HB or through midfield. Potential break out year was well documented over the summer, but if you don’t have him, I strongly urge to corrective trade him in. The kid is a star and is in for a big year.

GET HIM OUT

To jump off a player after 1 week is risky business. With price changes still a couple of weeks away, the first 3 weeks gives us an opportunity to get a look at a player’s early season form.

Lance Franklin and Dale Thomas had less than glamorous starts to the year, however, trading out after 1 week is flirting with danger. I am growing sceptical of both Daisy Thomas and Lance Franklin. If both have another stinker, they will be gone next week. The start of a SuperCoach season is akin to the start of a marathon so I cannot afford too many mediocre scores so early in the season.

Lack of certain options up forward has me wanting to see more from likes of Darling, Zorko, Gray, Howlett etc before I trade. Daisy is easier to dump because there is quality breakout potential around his price (Macrae, Shiels etc), but again, I’m holding out to see how potential trade targets back up rather than if Daisy can pump out a big score.

If you don’t nail corrective trade, you will be blowing trades to correct mistake and we must be treating our trades like gold.

Personally, I would hold off trading if you’re going for the league win. If you’re going for the overall win, trade smart and only if you have to. Only trade to bring in rookies you may have missed out on initially.

Anyway, besides trading out Jack Martin if you have him, think carefully before deciding to trade this week.

BREAKING POINT

Breakeven scores are not far away, but until they are available and relevant, here are the top 10 scores from last round:

• Joel Selwood (GEE) 157/Jobe Watson (ESS) 157
  • Adam Treloar (GWS) 154
  • Ollie Wines (PORT) 145
  • Mark LeCreas (WCE) 144/Dion Prestia (GCS) 144
  • Nathan Jones (MELB) 142
  • Luke Breust (HAW) 140/Gary Ablett Jr (GCS) 140
  • Brendon Goddard (ESS) 139
  • Brett Deledio (RICH) 136/Dayne Beams (COLL) 136
  • Nick Riewoldt (STK) 133
  • Michael Barlow (FRE) 132

PUB TALK

Thank you for your questions this week. Remember, you can tweet in to @Mr_Crimmins and your question could feature in Flesh for Fantasy. Here are the burning questions of the round.

Image 1

ANSWER: To answer first question, I’d dump Rohan. It may mean having to go up to burnman Higgins, but I feel Rohan is not worth the 40 or 50s he’ll score every week – especially if you’re going after the overall. Secondly, I don’t think Laidler is a must have. While he did score well, he only had 16 touches, 3 marks and 2 tackles. With that output, he won’t be scoring 90+ every week. Hold off on Laidler and see how he goes this week.

Image 2

ANSWER: The 3 rookie mids on the field is no issue. Most sides have gone in with Ellis, Polec and Dunstan. Thomas to Tyson is an interesting idea, because going by form, Thomas will score similar to Dom Tyson and cost $150k more. I think it is best to wait a week and see what we get from Daisy. If he stinks it up again, I would be go after Tyson. Thinking outside box Shaun, I like it.

Image 3

ANSWER: I think you have to keep an eye on his breakeven. If he continues his poor performances, his BE will be massive and his price will drop. If his breakeven hits low enough that he’ll start increasing in price (along with showing good form), I would get him in then. How many weeks? Could be at least 4-5 to the bye.

Image 4

ANSWER: Definitely Terry. This is one of the most important weeks on SuperCoach calender. If Hanley puts in one more poor performance, definitely dump for Swallow. Not only will you be adding a cool $90k to the kitty, but 40-50 points.

Good luck this weekend community. Send any last minute questions you may have to @Mr_Crimmins.

Mr Crimmins.

Tune into the fun earlier this week:

Sundays Podcast – Calm Heads Must Prevail

Mondays Poll – Will you make a corrective trade this week?

Tight Arse Tuesday with Mick the Mad Irishman

Barron Von Crow’s Supercoach Scouting report – Round 2

1. Kristofor says:

Great article, pretty much nailed the exact questions I was pondering myself!

2. Forward Rookie options?
    Have Rohan, JKH, Impey

3. Captain joc says:

Great article jock just wondering if I should trade libba or hold for a week I don’t like how my def is a bit weak but have 300k in the bank was thinking maybe libba to wines and then clurey to enright my backs are Mitchell Hanley swallow Langford Langdon McDonald (clurey laidler)
    My Mids are Ablett pendles beams libba Dunstan Tyson aish polec ( Michie Ellis)

• Hold Libba! HOLD!!!
      He'll come good, Griffin didnt play last week, when he gets back, pressure off Libba!
      But then again, you could do with another decent defender….Hard call man, I'd probably trade out Libba, move swallow into the mids, then bring in a gun defender?

• medadsson says:

300 in bank … A player who I think has been overlooked by everyone is Cameron Sutcliffe. I was initially concerned re his job security with Ibbotson (still a week away) coming back but he is exactly the type of player Lyon loves. He has pace and runs all day. His value is more so now because of less rotations. In the Collingwood – Freo game Sutcliffe continually ran the ball out of defence and was also the link man out of defence on numerous occasions including the two fullback to fullforward plays that resulted in goals. He scored 92 is only 250 grand. Well worth the dollars. Only has to play one more after this weekend for a tidy increase in value. That way you can keep Libba.

• benisbill says:

As a longtime Freo supporter, I'm a big fan of Sutty's and of the belief that he'll have taken Duffield's spot by the end of the year.

But a word of caution that, unfortunately, he's caught in Ross's three-way merry-go-round for the sub's vest along with Neale and Sheridan. I fear Ibbo's imminent return is only going to add to the risk involved with picking him in SC.

That's my 2c worth – take it for what it's worth.

4. mike says:

any thoughts on whether to dump b. ellis if he fails to show signs of improvement in rd 2 Mr Crimmins?
    and if so, who would be a good downgrade target?

5. Sully321 says:

Good work Mr. Crimmins

6. MightyDonsFC says:

If shuey gets <90 should I trade him out? If so, who for?

• Super_Freak says:

Just couldn't bring myself to select him this year after the burn he inflicted last season. Has bucket loads of potential, but he's always got some injury concern hanging over his head. Reckon Shiels is the best mid priced option in the guts atm.

• Simo says:

Swanny is carrying a little wrist injury keep him because he will probably post a good score a little later

7. THE SALTSHAKER says:

Dane Swan 89, not in as many stoppages this year

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

worth mentioning, needs to go large this week

• Pieman1978 says:

If you trade him he’ll score 160. Bad move, he’s a ball magnet, just a bad game

• Super_Freak says:

I've always seen Swan as an outside player not a stoppage player like Pendlebury, probably why he's more relevant in DT than SC. His score last week probably reflects the Pies hammering at the hands of the Fremantle midfield machine!

• Daniel says:

I personally dont think him and Bucks see eye to eye so I'm not touching this year.

8. Luke says:

Loved the article, was wondering community what to do with Jimmy Webster? He looks to be out for this week when the Saints go up against the Giants, how long could the groin niggle last and hence is it worth getting him out of my team now? Was thinking Langford as the replacement for Webster.

Thanks

• Super_Freak says:

Do you have confirmation of him not playing, last I heard they were confident he would get up

• Luke says:

Nah I don’t Super_Freak, but I just looked under St Kilda’s injury list and it appears he should be good to go for their next clash, given he passes a fitness test. So I’ll hold off trading for now.

• Cozza says:

Webster is out this week

9. Sully321 says:

Couple of things this week
    1. Langdon or McDonald on the field
    2. Impey, JKH or Rohan on the field

10. MATTHEW NISH says:

Hi guys, What do i do with chris masten? im holding him for one more week then do i offload him?

• Cheese man says:

Haha, I've seen this post in like every single forum , I don't know what you're doing with masten to begin with, lol

• Super_Freak says:

Give him one more week. He's a $500k plus player for a reason, that's why you selected him. If he doesn't perform next week, there are plenty of ripping options in that price bracket. Prestia to name one.

• Dustbin Feltchers says:

hah…masten was gonna be my genius pod….smashed nab cup…then bang 56!! what the?..i traded him to murphy last night and have never looked back community, with two tons now…murph will rise in price…having said that, masten plays yhe dees and will probably get more touches than a cashed up aussie 55 year old FIFO worker in Pattaya! I'm on the Jock Reynolds "Daisy Thomas" theory….at least i don't have to watch chris masten go from 140 to 56 every week. Good luck

11. Jason says:

Hi guys, can you reverse trades after the Rich/Carl game starts tonight? Tough to make calls on certain players now without seeing if theyre lining up this week

• medadsson says:

If it is like last year, once the second round starts you can still trade but can't reverse. Got caught out a couple of times last year myself.

• Big Janks says:

Damn- I just traded out Clurey for Langdon. I didn't realize that you could not reverse it. Rookie mistake.

Should be OK unless he hurts himself…

12. GarglesnarfFC says:

Based on past seasons no.

13. GarglesnarfFC says:

Trade out Rohan for Higgins'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd stab my own eyes out first!

I would take Hunter over that BURNMAN! Never will he ruin my team again.

• Cheese man says:

I'm thinking about Rohan and McDonough out for Patton and impy/ambrose/any rookie who's actually named really . Will wait on this weekend and see who's named next week and itake whoever is in for the biggest price rise I guess

14. tom says:

what should i do if Webster is not named?

• Legend123 says:

Don't worry i've got him too i am thinking if he isn't named i will go him to langford which means you end up with
      130k in the bank. If you already have langford i would even be contemplating getting KK as he ammased 48 touches.

15. Pat says:

hey guys, will josh caddy play this week? cheers

16. TeamofSpuds says:

Mino broke my heart this week…. i know it was hot but he didnt look interested in the game? thoughts on going mino to mummy and banking the cash to hopfully upgrade rohan if another spud performance. your thought Jock?

17. cyril says:

hold onto him, tough work rucking against those two

18. Dools says:

Nice article Mr C… Nice I have dumped Daisy for Langdon It's what the gut says Keyboard and Next G device are in agreement so Cabbage foot out ….And 340K now in the Bank for next week….To the fridge///

19. Swans2014 says:

Hey community,
    Do I trade out Goldstein for Cox?. Cox has good run and Goldstein under injury cloud?

20. SC Hardnut says:

Rockliff suspension has forced my hand a week early. Went Webster to Langdon, then Taylor to Aish. Rookies now set to germinate. No need for trades next week.

• Super_Freak says:

I hear ya Nut. If Webster gets up I was quite happy to not trade this week, but currently I have Taylor and Crouch as cover for Rocky. Not sufficient!

21. Excellent read as always Crimmo. Thanks for the advice!

22. Daniel says:

That Hanley to Swallow question was a no brainer! Jeez man!

23. JJM says:

Swans

IN
    Kieren Jack, Tom Derickx
    OUT
    Lewis Roberts-Thomson (Groin), Jeremy Laidler (Omitted)
    NEW
    Tom Derickx

24. Guest says:

laidler AND webster are NOT playing this round

25. JJM says:

Saints

IN
    Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
    OUT
    Jimmy Webster (Groin), Jack Billings (Omitted)

26. Billy says:

Dericks and Currie both named!!!

27. James says:

What should I do with Jimmy Webster?

Out with a groin injury, should I trade him and if so who for?

I have Alexis Georgiou on my bench so I could just put him on instead.

Would love your thoughts community.

28. Billy says:

laidler ommited, should I trade?

29. don't swallow yet! says:

David Swallow in… what is this madness you speak of Mr Crimmins? If he backs it up against Freo I'll eat my words. But take a take a look at his quarter by quarter break down and I doubt you'd be so confident. Whilst he finished the game on 135 points, here's the points breakdown Q1 – 13, Q2 – 22, Q3 – 46, Q4 – 54. So he was on a pretty average 35 points at halftime, but clearly went nuts in the second half. This could easily have gone the other way, he finishes on 70-odd points and no-one speaks of him.

• Shinboner says:

Completely with you here, mate. Think people are getting ahead of themselves here. I'd prefer to watch for at least one more week.

• youngy221 says:

Remember Peace last year round 1…
        Went for 130 and everyone was talking him up and how they missed out on a bargain, then it took him till round 12 till he cracked the ton again
        only average 80 for the season

30. Tye Porteous says:

Thoughts on lecras, was impressed with amount of possies on top of goals. Or is there better options

31. Hazey says:

Why oh why did I get NicNat padddy whack?!?

32. Jack says:

Which 2 out of Mcdonald, Langdon, and B. Martin should I put on field?

33. Hazey says:

McD and Langdon….hoping McD will bounce back and get some help from his team mates this week!

34. Nick says:

what about Kieran Jack in this week for Rockliff. Jack is a consistent player and I don't think we can trust Rockliff as he seems to be still going up forward far to often.

• Super_Freak says:

I wouldn't trade premium for premium. Rocky was following the ball around, not really going forward as such. he was also wearing a fairly heavy Mitchell tag after quarter time. He'll bouce back!

• Gold Rush says:

TR is a keeper in my book, he is Brisbane's best midfielder. Leppa will soon come to that conclusion after a few losses.

35. Jono says:

Is KK likely to be the sub?

36. Super_Freak says:

What's everyones thoughts on KK. Smashed it in the reserves last week. Could be a good swap for Webster. He does face the Fremantle machine though!

• Holty says:

He is a gun but I think he'll be given the vest. If he does start, grab him as I think the ball will be deep in the Suns backline for most of the game so he should get plenty of opportunities.

• GeneralSoreness says:

On my radar for round 4 depending on performances. Im holding Webster in the meantime.

37. Danners16 says:

Hey guys, just found out that Webster is out so what do I do? I'm thinking Webster to Langdon? Thoughts?

• Super_Freak says:

Langdon looked good last week. Thinking I'll definately get him in before R3. Tossing up between him and KK as a replacement for Webster.

38. Jack says:

Me too. Webster to KK is looking very enticing.

39. G Ablett 3 Votes says:

Hey community,
    I have laidler AND webster who aren't playing as well as mcdonald who is on the extended bench. Should i trade this week to get a langdon or a kk in?

• Danners16 says:

I think wait on KK because he has to play 3 games before his price goes up so you could trade Luke McDonald to him if he plays bad

40. Gold Rush says:

Carlton and their supporters are the only reason why I believe in abortions – makes my day when I see them getting whooped!!!!!!!

41. Pieman1978 says:

Daisy 24 @ half time…. Hmmmmm not looking good

42. WombatsFC says:

Jimmy Buckley's boy is worth considering for a round 4 cash cow.

• dannyyboyy says:

been watchin him all nite thinkin hes not bad, didnt realise he was a rookie. he is very impressive and well priced. good hit womby

• WombatsFC says:

13 disposals at 100% efficiency at 3qtr time, plus 4 tackles and a couple of rebound 50's. He spent most of second qrtr on the bench due to griffiths stomping on his ankle, but was top scorer in first qrtr.

• throttlefinger says:

Good call on him, Womby. Kids is tough as nails and backs down from no one.

• WombatsFC says:

Yeah its ridiculous that SC made him a midfielder only, still might get him for round 4 or 5

• throttlefinger says:

Plays like that against the Bombers and I'll find a way to slot him in R4.

• WombatsFC says:

All depends on his ankle and the "worst coach in the AFL" Malthouse. Even if Buckley's ankle is OK Mick is likely to drop him to make way for one of the numpty's he drafted last year.

• Cheeseman says:

He looked good, gutsy too, took it on a couple of times in the last too

• WombatsFC says:

Yeah cheesy he's got a bit of his dad's agro and all of his courage. Malthouse would be smart to highlight Dylans game during video this week. No staging for freekicks you've gotta love that from the smallest bloke on the field.

43. cyril says:

Gibb's…. the ultimate burn man. Glad I don't have to worry about him anymore. Couldn't get a kick if he was electrocuted

44. GarglesnarfFC says:

Jake King subbed out. McDonut a chance for a recall round 3

45. cyril says:

surely dustin martin will get off?

46. Marcus j says:

Deledio is meant to be a “leader” at Richmond and he goes from 70 points at half time to 86 at full time.

Bloody useless

• WombatsFC says:

Nah he had that idiot everitt on him after half time. Lid's couldn't outrun him or outjump him.
      Even GAJ will suck against a guy that is stronger, faster, and jumps higher but can't play footy.
      Deledio is a far better footballer than Everitt but todays rules reward/encourage athletes rather than footballers.

• WombatsFC says:

Blicavs is a perfect example

• youngy221 says:

Clinton jones even!!

• yesIdohavebacon says:

Blitz is actually really poised under pressure, no doubt his athletic ability is what gets him selected but I watched him really closely last year and he rarely makes a mistake, also tackles well for a lanky fella and caught out a lot of guys who thought they could bust through his giraffe limbs. Phenomenal effort for a rookie with very little xp.

47. Bruce says:

Get on M Thomas!?

48. G Ablett 3 Votes says:

Daisy went from 24 points at HT to 92 by FT. Definitely a wise option to hold him

49. Boydo says:

Simpson SC score is a joke surely scores like this need to be investigated or audited??

• GeneralSoreness says:

Review his scoring breakdowns before any SC weighting.

23 touches, 20 kicks, 3 hb, 18 uncontested, 4 clangers, 6 uncontested marks, 2 tackles, 1 free for, 1 against, 4 inside 50's, 4 rebound 50's all at 60.9% DE.

Without any weighting applied and applying max pts – Goal = 8pts, Marks = 12 points, Tackles = 8pts, Frees for and against cancel each other out. Now to simplify rather than breakdown each possession the 3 handballs were effective = 4.5pts, therefore the DE relates to kicking 20 kicks at 60.9% = 12 effective kicks = 48pts. So we end up with an unweighted score of 80.5pts. However the free against and 2 clangers were in the last quarter when the game was firmly in the balance resulting in there being a greater weighting to final quarter stats. SC breaks the scoring by quarter as 26, 18, 16, 1.

I think his score is pretty spot on given the weighted system which is weighted toward impact on the game and the result.

50. WombatsFC says:

It could even be worth downtrading Cotchin (ave 102 & 572k) to M.Thomas (ave 118 & 250K) before round 3, if you don't have daisy . You'll make more than 80k on M. Thomas even if he scores 50, avoid the Cotchin 23K+ price drop AND score at least 10pts more p/round.

• Bruce says:

Seriously considering the Cotchin move to keep my rd 8 bye balanced.

• WombatsFC says:

Yeah I probably shouldn't have made the option so obvious.
        Megan Gale's boyfriend looked good again and @ 360k could be worth dropping goldy before rnd 3.

• Cheeseman says:

He's tempting, right now I don't have the room for him. However if one of my mids go down with injury or suspension he's in , then I can spend some money upgrading Rohan in the Fwds

• Bruce says:

To early to mess with Cotchin, but will trade an suspect forward or defender using swing to get him in

• WombatsFC says:

Your Yellow stripe is showing Bruce. Don't let it cost you too much.
            Cotchin is an outstanding human being and a courageous footballer but, his disposal efficiency prevents entering the top 10 midfielders in AFL.
            He's also softer than Smurph when the physical stuff is around.

• Derek says:

don't worry about Cotchin's price drop. It doesn't matter if his price falls if you don't sell him.

51. medadsson says:

Hampson 107, 107 … keep it up!

• WombatsFC says:

Everybody should definitely get him in if they have Grundy, Hickey, Sauce, Ryder, or HayMac. The bloke is a gun and Malthouse was an absolute fool to GIVE him away.
      Now Mick's screaming the same old same old "my list is no good, I don't have the cattle". Idiot

• throttlefinger says:

Definitely worth considering. Love the activity and HOs. Plays hard and not afraid to mix it up. Came back strong after drawing some red. Strongly consider if Ryder goes sub 90.

• Goffa says:

I think your yellow stripe is showing here Wombats….

Hampson is a spud, will not keep up those kind of scores, will fall into obscurity when big Ivan returns

• Andrew says:

Maric will be back soon careful.

• medadsson says:

Point taken but would have made my money by then (played 2 already) … Maric is at least another 3-4 away according to injury lists.

52. sputnik says:

Wow- so are people really considering dropping premiums? is this amateur hour or what?

so you can downgrade = 1 less premium, you can sideways trade = 1 less trade or you can do nothing and lose nothing. premiums are premiums- and cotchin doesnt DROP in price unless you sell him.

Actually- yeh go ahead and trade please :)

53. matthewjsampson says:

I've got both Clurey and Webster down back.

Pretty sure on trading Clurey out for Langdon, but not sure what to do with Webster. Not sold on KK and he's listed as a test. You'd assume he'd slot straight back into the Saints' 22 if he's fit round 3.

Thoughts?

• throttlefinger says:

Have Webster and I'm going to hold. Not a serious injury. Kid looked strong before being taken out. Going to wait. This is probably the only round that affords us the luxury of waiting without too much damage.

• GarglesnarfFC says:

I hear you MJ, I have Laidler and Clurey down back, and McDonough up front. I have dumped Clurey for Langdon. As with McD on all on an extended bench, there is no time like the present to trade in a cash cow.

Given I can't see an option for either Laidler or McD I will hold for now and see what the rest of the round delivers. Matt Thomas is a worry as I can't see how to fit him in my structure without trading down a premium. Which seems a bit pointless.

54. sputnik says:

I wouldnt panic too much early on. Coz rookies take about 7 weeks to fatten it doesnt matter if you have them staggered coz when they peak they can start to drop in price and you cant trade them out all at once. so if they have staggered starts to the season it really aint that bad.

55. throttlefinger says:

Has anyone been able to download the Champion Data Form Guide from the Sun? When I click the link, a new tab pops up with the same article.

56. Dizzle says:

Hi folks
    Bit of a rookie dilemma in my squad now….
    At the moment i have Clurey, McDonough,Kennedy Harris and Luke McDonald….all emergencies this round…
    I dont want to be stuck with needing to make more than 2 trades next week, so wondering if i should trade Clurey and JKH?
    I didnt trade McDonough when he wasnt named as teams weren't released at that stage, so was forced to sit and wait on him…
    Any suggestions guys?

• GarglesnarfFC says:

I have them all as well plus Laidler. My only trade has been Clurey to Langdon. This ones a no brainer, dud for stud and avoids a potential donut at the same time.

I’m hoping McDonough gets a run next week.

• Wattsieesq says:

Clurey, and McDonough are out but JKH and Luke McDonald have been named on extended benches that won't be finalised until today. I expect one or both of them to make the 22

57. Billy says:

Landon or Langford on field?

• throttlefinger says:

Either is good, as long as both are playing. Langdon, of course, did better last week YET is not 100% free from the vest. Langford is. Gut call, Billy.

• Sarah says:

Hi Throttle, I didn't end up doing the trades I talked about. Decided to back in my team as it stands for another week. It did get me a score of 2337 after all. Hoping it can back it up and I can bank this week's trades to use later in the year.

• throttlefinger says:

NICE! That's a great score. You're right now to tinker with it that much.

I got slightly lower. 2328. I traded out McDonough for Impey. Keeping Webster. Hope Langford and Cameron can cover (keeping McD on bench…feeling he might get vest or omitted).

• Sarah says:

Thanks! I've held on McDonough for this week as I want to see which forward rookies can back it up in round 2 first. Plus now there'll be another couple of options coming through that I've also got my eye on in Buckley, maybe Roberston and KK. I've taken a chill pill and feel calm and will see what the impact of the round is before making major changes.

2328 is a very nice score too! Will be interesting to see who's team backs it up this week!!

• throttlefinger says:

Considered holding on to McD but the signs were not looking good for him. Jake King coming back and Lennon doing really well in VFL, did see a long shelf life. Or a consistent one. Impey seems like a stronger version of Neade. We'll see.

Really like Buckley. Reason I use the trades this week is next round will need some for more important moves due to price changes. Hope I don't need to move. Ellis doesn't do well may upgrade him to Matt Thomas. His value will be going through the roof. And KK like to see a couple rounds. Make sure he's going to stay in the 22.

• Sarah says:

Langford is named on the field while Langdon is listed on the bench. Might help with the final call.

58. Big Janks says:

Do I take Murphy's VC at 121 or roll the dice on Cox vs the D's (171 last year at the G) or Paddy in the showdown? 121 is 4 pts away from the poll score that most people agreed upon last week. But it's hard to roll the dice when you don't have Ablett or Pendles.

Leaning towards the conservative approach unless someone can talk me out of it.

• Sarah says:

What other options do you have? Selwood? Watson?
      I like the Cox option though. The Dees have no talls left and will get monstered by the eagles.

• throttlefinger says:

I'll do the honors, Big J.

Most will go Gaz or Pendles (I'm going Pendles). Some may keep the Murph score. But VERY FEW will have the C on Cox. He did 117 vs. Dogs and Big Will. Hickey did excellent vs. the Dees. Cox should do REALLY well this week.

Most importantly, it's round 2. AKA the take chances rounds. Be conservative in league play or when you know you have a comfortable lead. Right now it's about creating a lead. Or finding ways to do that. Here is one. And without Pendles and Ablett, both who could do 120 in 3 quarters, you should roll the dice.

Talk you out of it?

59. Big Janks says:

Thanks guys. I had the same approach as the madman…I decided against super premiums and loaded up with Libba, Cotchin, Fyfe, Beams and Murphy. This will make my captain decision making very hard to start they year.

So my only real options for Captain would be: Libba, Fyfe, Beams, Danger or Cox. I would rather roll the dice on Cox given the history against Melbourne and the fact that they should get smashed in the ruck and in the game.

I think I'll go Cox. Thx for the input

60. Billy says:

So did I make a big error bringing in Kade Kolodjashnij because he will likely become the sub? Should I just put him on the bench and have both Langdon and Langford on field? Thanks.

• Sarah says:

Wait for teams and if a player isn't the sub, put him on the field. You don't want to get stuck with a player on the field who's the starting sub.

• Billy says:

Yer that is what I was planning on doing. I just hope both Langdon and Kolodjashnij arn't sub.

61. Derek says:

Matt Thomas was good for the tigers last night. Anyone considering him. $250k.

What is his job security like?

• Swans2014 says:

Hard to fit in to my team. Seems to have good js. I have 5 premiums and 3 rookies so will probably have to use 2 trades to get him in

• theazzyg says:

I listened to hardwicks press conference and he said hes looking forward to dan jackson returning alongside matt thomas as he feels they really compliment each other. That indicates he is in richmonds long term plans, and as if he wouldn't be with tigers in desperate need of good tacklers.

• Pieman1978 says:

No issues with JS. Wish I had a spot for him. Big fat juicy COW. If I had Daisy I would downgrade despite his 92. Thomas's price will go past Daisy in a couple of weeks.

62. Swans2014 says:

Hey community need your thoughts,
    I have to pick 1 of Mcdonald, Georgiou and Langdon to start on the field. I have CLurey loophole so will pik the best score out of the other two.

• medadsson says:

Langdon. His score was against a quality opponent in Freo. Beware … could be sub though?

63. Matt says:

Ben Kennedy hold or go sideways for Higins?

• Flacid Jaff says:

Get rid of Kennedy.
      I have him as well, cause was named forward pocket in rd 1, but then green vested. Is a handy player but ideal for green vest, and with josh Thomas, dwyer and broomhead to come in ahead of him as well as reid and freeman, kennedy will be green vest at best this year.
      He's been dropped this week too!
      Higgins is a good bet if you've got the cash, if you wanna save a bit, go to Ambrose (Ess)

64. zimmerbd says:

What is Georgiou's long term JS like? Thinking of bringing him in for Clurey.

65. Cal says:

Having jack martin is the biggest pain. Do i go for ollie wines or tyson or ellis?

66. Tim Darbyshire says:

Cotctin loophole unsessfull pendles or Gaz captain!!

• Marcus J says:

i love gaz but crowley is very good at what he does. i would be likely to go pendles

• Shinboner says:

There is no team in the AFL Ablett loves playing more than Freo. He routinely rips them up, running rings around Crowley. Easy captain choice for me!

67. Cyril is the man says:

Is Sam Mitchell going to play or will he be a late OUT?

• GeneralSoreness says:

Jay Clark at Herald Sun suggesting he may be a late out.

• Pieman1978 says:

Doesn't sound promising. If he doesn't im going to have to trade to get 6 players playing in defence! And that's assuming McDonald plays! Nightmare in round 2 allready.

• GeneralSoreness says:

A lot of backlines are decimated this week.

• Cheeseman says:

McDonald made the team, still may get the vest tho. I need to decide who's going to score better out of georgiou and McDonald now for emergency if Mitchell's out

• Cheeseman says:

Geez didn't take long, Mitchell is now in the top 5 players in my team who has been traded out by others

68. Flacid Jaff says:

P Ambrose or one of the Merrets, which will make more money by the byes?
    Thanks

69. Sully321 says:

Chances of Landon named sub?

70. Pieman1978 says:

Not sure why so many people are bringing Swallow in this week. He's playing Freo in Freo this week. Ross would have watched the tapes, & if he thinks he was dangerous Swallow will get plenty of attention. If he kicks ass over there then you move heaven & earth to get him. Hold people!

71. Brent says:

Hey is it full lockout or rolling lockout this week?

72. Aaron says:

What's the go with Sammy Mitchell? Is he in or??

73. Sean Masterson says:

I have Charlie Dixon and not sure what to do. Please help me!!

74. Mebois says:

hi guys,

what do you guys think about jamie bennell?

75. Mebois says:

what do you guys think of sandilands a a sneaky captain?

76. lurka says:

thoughts on shuey?

77. Billy says:

Confirmed that Mitchell is out. Heard it on the radio.

78. JOE RICHARDS says:

Hi guys, thinking off bringing in Zac Dawson as POD downback? possible breakout contender? expecting a 105 average? new role in the midfield? cheers boys

79. choppers says:

yeah Mitchell is OUT replaced by Licterhand and Simpkin the SUB. SUB for Essendon is Z. Merrett

80. choppers says:

I have M.Crouch on midfield bench for both rd1 and 2. Should I offload him now, and if so, who does the Community recommend. Already have Michie, X.Ellis and Polec.

• Jack says:

wait until before round three. if he is named, consider keeping him. if he isn't named trade him out for someone who has done well in rounds 1 and 2 and has good job security.
      simple

81. Presty says:

beloved community I need some advice.
    I have 3 rooks as subs in my FWD line and my FWD line is my weakest so a donut will not help.
    so who gets the boot?
    (melb) j, Kennedy Harris (Bris) L, Taylor or (Geel) L, McCarthy??
    and who to put in
    (Ess) Patrick Ambrose and (port) Jarmen Impey seem to be the only worthwhile players I can afford

Any thoughts guys?

• Presty says:

well my worries are over now my SC page is saying all 3 of my rooks are green lit, sorry for wasting your time I don't get what just happened lol

82. Dave says:

Hey community,
    i have mitchell, webster and laidler and am looking at copping a donut. Who should i trade out and who should i try to get in. i already have georgiou and langford

83. JOE RICHARDS says:

• Billy says:

I would never choose him. He has never been a high scorer and I don't think that will change. He plays his part well at Fremantle but has never been a good Supercoach player to have. I would stay clear of him.

• JOE RICHARDS says:

No I reckon he will kill it this year

• Presty says:

Dawson is a deadset hack! Hi unforced errors and pure goofy ness will always prevent him from scoring high in SC. He really is an out and out spud!
          He used his mouth to put a condom on his captain at the time Nick Riewoldt – enough said

• Josh says:

I like him. What do you think of young Nick Maxwell as captain in his 200th. He could go big against the swans and I need a captain as my VC on Steven Morris didn't work.

• JOE RICHARDS says:

Josh your spot on there mate, maybe even a Ryan Crowley as captain has the power to go 170+

• Josh says:

It is a tough choice Joe. I've already got a donut in defence as Bootsma didn't play. I was quite surprised actually, as Bootsma is clearly one of the best in the league. I think I'll lock in Maxwell as C, but we can't forget Beau Maister. Was very solid last week with the 9 touches and I feel he is at the stage of his career where he'll jump into the elite bracket.

• JOE RICHARDS says:

Wise words josh very wise, I'm expecting to see you in the top 5 supercoachers this year,
            What about Raph Clarke? put him on your watch list for next year he'll be drafted and will be a lock in your mids, especially under a new coach next year he has the ability to go 100+

• GarglesnarfFC says:

No. And stop drinking and posting! :)

84. Billy says:

not sure if I will crack 200 this week I have got Langdon, Langford, KK and Mcdonald all on field.

85. GarglesnarfFC says:

There's blood on walls of the Supercoach Dugout tonight! Mitchell out, and Hodge and Ryder bothe vested early in the 3rd. Ouch!!!

• throttlefinger says:

Yeah. Ryder getting the vest didn't feel good, Garglesnarf. Not going to lie. Knee jerk was to trade him out.

Going to need a couple days to figure out what to do with him. If Sauce goes ton again, may consider him. Will say McEvoy looked pretty damn good today. Hmmm.

86. Cheeseman says:

Looking like young ambrose in for McDonough in the fwd line next week

• throttlefinger says:

Good move. I did it this week for Impey. Know next week's trades are going to be used more on those on the field than bench players.

87. Sully321 says:

Pendles for the big C because gaz is coming up against Crowley.
    Thoughts?

88. JJM says:

Love to see peoples faces who has Roughead, Gunston, Mitchell and Sheils and Langford in their team.

• JJM says:

Also the ones who dropped Daisy. I did say Daisy was gonna pump 90+ this week.

• Cheese Man says:

I have Mitchell and Langford , my face is pretty normal really . I always had Langford on the field, McDonald will sub for Mitchell

• JJM says:

Yours are like mine then. I only have one Hawks player and that's Mitchell sitting on the bench. I'm just cracking up, cause there have been many people has been jumping on to Hawks after Round 1. The likes of Roughead, Gunston, Sheils and maybe Hodge. Thinking now I think its time to part with Mitchell after the end of Round 2.

• Cheeseman says:

I have Mitchell and rocky sitting on the bench this week. Not as unlucky as some of the other teams in my league, I've seen a couple with 3-4 backs out along with some rookies that scored donuts last week, so they can't even corrective trade their bench to make money until after round 3 now

• Cheeseman says:

Oh and I was one of the ones that traded daisy, not so much performance based, more so I had cash left over to upgrade him to a premium after some on the spot trades during the split round and he had already played so I couldn't us select him

• JJM says:

I have Daisy in my radar since the preseason. Watching him closely and getting ready to slot him in my team, while many has jumped ship. I just need to see him play one more game to be convinced. Carlton plays Essendon next week will be Daisy's biggest test, if he moves better than he did on friday. Then I'm slotting him in as Carlton has Melbourne the following week and then the Dogs. Might hold on to S Mitchell for downgrading to Daisy.

• Shinboner says:

Never even considered Daisy myself. He has never featured in any of the 100+ preseason renditions of my team. Went with Macrae instead.

• JJM says:

If you don't have Daisy SB its a good thing for now, but keep a close eye on him. Once he's fit he will start pumping 100+. He moved and kicked a bit better on Friday than he did last week against Port. Carlton has Essendon next week Daisy will score 80-90 and looks a bit fitter. I'd jump on him without hesitation. Oh! I too have J Macrae.

• GarglesnarfFC says:

Langfords fine, he's a rookie getting a game and right now there aren't many to pick from.

Mitchell is a worry, but he might solve my issue of how to get Matt Thomas into the squad. His price jumps $90,000 this week alone.

Here's hoping that today causes us less dramas than last night!

• Simo says:

Gunston & Mitchell damn

89. Bundybear says:

I have a problem. would love some help with it. Dunstan or Polac on the field. I just cant decide. I know Montanga and Hayes are back. but they are old now and Dunstan isnt. and Port is only playing Adelaide. Whichever one i pick out of Dunstan and Polac will be the wrong one. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Only have room for one. Thankyou in advance for the wisdom. just out of curiosity. I do both the SC and the DT. Question is. Why the heck is the scoring so different ? could be my blond hair but I cant work it out

• throttlefinger says:

Dunstan had a very good game. Polec has been look strong since he stepped on the field for the Power. For the reasons you gave, I'd go Polec for SC.

Not too familiar about DT. Just know SC points are more qualitative than quantitative than DT.

• Shinboner says:

DT scores don't look at extraneous variables such as impact and efficiency. You could shank 28 kicks and score terrifically in DT.

90. sputnik says:

Difference between SC and DT is you cant argue with DT scores but you can argue over SC scores. SC is like diving and gymnastics at the olympics. Comes down to the opinion of the person judging/scoring that particular game. There is no science behind SC

SC is 3300 points for 44 players- so 75 points is considered an average or standard game

91. Shinboner says:

Over the moon with my Chappy pick. 239 points in two weeks is no mean feat! The facts were there: When Chappy plays, he plays well. The only concern is how often Chappy is going to play.

• JJM says:

Well picked SB. At least you got him this early, now I've missed that chance of picking him. What are the chances if I pick him up now and in a couple of weeks he gets rested. Unless another injury in occurs would mean his chances of play more games will increase. I'll have to wait after the bye rounds and possibly will put him in my team. My main concern at the moment is the defense, there's just not much to choose from thats worth a keeper.

92. Cyril says:

Hickey going well if u went a risky ruck option

93. Sites that provide Forex broker reviews will usually list the ways in which
    you can fund your accounts. However, a lot of investors are too eager that
    they commit a lot of significant mistakes in
    the process. The CEO was buying up bad debt with
    refco resources so they would not have to
    write down the losses.

94. Hi there I am so excited I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I
    was looking on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am
    here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post
    and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

My homepage: Order Muscle Max

95. Gold Rush says:

I see what your saying, obviously an incorrect link – hope they fix it soon.