Mr. Crimmins Team Reveal

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, Supercoach News by on March 8, 2014 • views: 3343

The Great Mr CrimminsMy 2014 Supercoach Team

G’day community,

With the 2014 season beginning next week, we should now have a rough idea of what our teams will look like. Of course, our sides are never fully complete until the very late minutes of unlimited trade freedom. That’s why nailing your team early will set you up for a run at SuperCoach success.

CLICK HERE FOR JOCK’S TEAM REVEAL

CLICK HERE FOR HIGGO’S TEAM REVEAL

It’s now my turn to reveal how I suspect Crimmins’ Class will look like going into round 1.

So, without further adieu, I give you Crimmins’ Class for 2014.
Crim Image 1

Crim Image 2

1. $$$ IN BACKLINE

I’ve spent considerable money in the backline because I believe there’s simply not enough mid-priced or rookie quality down back. Even Matt Suckling I’m hesitant in selecting coming off a long-term injury. Probably the significant selection here is Corey Enright over Jimmy Bartel. I believe for similar output, I may as well save $70k and spend it elsewhere. Plus there were signs of Jimmy Bartel playing in the forward half, which concerns me. Sam Mitchell over Jarryd McVeigh helps with byes.

2. FALLEN PREMIUMS

This year seems to be year we’re blessed with some quality mid-priced players. Dayne Beams ($497,200, averaged 123.4 in 2012), Marc Murphy ($498,300, averaged 111.4 in 2011) and Dale Thomas ($341,800, averaged 109.3 in 2011) are more fallen premiums than mid-priced and at their respective prices, you simply cannot ignore. Plus I’d rather drop an extra 10 points per round, save $50-$100k and put that into my forward line, where I will gain 40-50 potential points on upgrade.

Other than Thomas, it’s purely guns and rookies for the midfield. Tyson, Polec and Dunstan are 3 players I hope appreciate in value and in return, can boot for money. At same time, I’m positive their output will be solid. I also like the look of Harry Cunningham and on form, I may start over Luke Dunstan.

Here is where it gets interesting (and stressful)…

3. RUCK RISKS

There is a chance I’ll be burnt something shocking by the selection of Nic Nat and Sandiman, but there is also a chance it’ll come off and will reap the benefits. I don’t trust Sandilands to play 22 games straight; Lyon will ease him through the season. I don’t need Sandilands to play 22 games. I just want him for the first 8 games, rise in value and then turn him into a consistent, premium ruckman. He’s had an uninterrupted pre-season so there’s also the chance Lyon won’t need to rest him. Many him sitting on their benches. While I think there’s logic to that call, I don’t want $310k on the pine and he’s a proven scorer in the past so I’m going to back him in. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Nic Nat will be a last minute selection. I’m running with him now, but know full well he’s had a very limited pre-season. He was originally out of my team, but after news of his selection for the last of the practice games, I’m going to pick him…for now. Regardless of his pre-season, Nic Nat is points and at that price, you really can’t say no.

Jason Holmes is picked because he is probably the furthest away from playing a game in the competition. I need him for the captain’s loophole and to turn the rolling lockout in my favour, exploit any potential captain options playing early in the round.

4. FORWARDLINE UNCERTAINTY

My forward line will keep me up at night. I just don’t know what do to with my forward rookies. In an ideal world, I would be ditching Sam Blease for Nathan Bock, but it sounds as if Bock won’t be ready for round 1. Alex Fasolo I’m punting on being in Nathan Buckley’s plans. Prior to injury, he was a very solid option. In 2012, he averaged 15.5 touches at 75.7 disposal efficiency and kicked 28 goals (stat via AFL Prospectus). At $213,600, he is a bargain if he can get himself into the frame. Sam Blease is one that has shown potential, but really just doesn’t get enough of it and doesn’t use it very well. I want him purely to make money and get out. Will take 70s from Blease, but even then I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

Dustin Martin was my 2013 no-go, but a move to HB has seen him get more of it and allow him to have a greater impact on games. Lance Franklin is a must considering everyone else will own him. So if he does stink it up, the damage is minimal. It’s a break away from the “no key forward” policy, but for good reason. I think the structure of Sydney’s forward line will suit him better. Kurt Tippett will be the stay-at-home forward and will attract the number 1 defender. This will allow Buddy to play more as a CHF and keep himself in games longer. Reckon this is the seasonBuddy returns to averaging 115+ a game.

Fine print

This team is set up to score points early. I have $6,600 remaining in the kitty, so the aim is to not be chasing the pack heading into the bye rounds. I want to be scoring points early and setting myself up for a decent assault in the second half of the year. It WILL change prior to lockout, still a lot of water to go under the bridge.

So there you go, my side for 2014. Critique it. Smash it. Love it. Feedback is welcome; we are all in this together as a community.

Mr Crimmins.

THE FIVE GOLDEN SUPERCOACH TEAM SELECTION RULES OF LAST YEAR’S WINNER

LAST MINUTE PREMIUM CHEAT SHEET

THE HIGGINATOR TEAM ANALYSIS TOOL

1. Steve says:

It's been proven in the past that 'fallen premiums' don't return that much with regard to a point spread percentage increase. It can be misleading and as we all know, in the context of Fantasy Football, can be soul destroying

• Ex Prez says:

Last 3 years averages for these players:
      Rockliff: 113, 97, 110
      Cloke: 98, 82, 95
      Fyfe: 108, 93, 107
      Mundy: 107, 89, 104
      S Johnson: 107, 96, 116
      Goldstein: 113, 93, 114
      D Martin: 99, 88, 102

Admittedly there is evidence that fallen premiums don't always bounce back – Gibbs, Dal Santo, S Fisher, Goodes, Mumford, Cox all evidence for that, but a good number to prove that the opposite can happen.

Choosing the right ones is crucial to SC success.

• Steve says:

True – as with everything I suppose these days..no risk no reward huh? Good luck for the season Prez

• Tom says:

Originally posted on Jock's team reveal but given the relevance Ill post it here too:
          Important information I feel everyone that is relying on the fallen premium strategy should know.
          Of all current players over the past 9 years, there have been 30 instances of a player having averaged above 100 a game for at least two years before dropping at least 10 points a game the following year. The average point drop was 18.7.
          Now, most people expect that the year after such a drop, the fallen premium should recover most, if not all the lost points.
          Not so, the average rebound was only 4.6 points. This is particularly interesting as there are 10 fallen premium candidates by this measure this year: Cotchin, Deledio, Beams, Thompson (Adelaide), McEvoy, Murphy (Carlton), Franklin, Scotland, Pavlich and Sandilands.
          Food for thought

• Tom says:

Remember that I used players with at least 2 years averaging over 100. While I agree that you can make a good case for younger guys being more likely to bounce back (but I remember thinking that about Goddard in 2011 and Judd in 2008 too and it didnt really happen – see below), the stats do not back that up. If you change the criteria to one year of above 90 and a 10 point drop, the average drop was 19.7 followed by a gain the next year of 5.0.
            For the record, I agree that Cotchin and Beams in particular are young enough to buck that trend and in Beams' and Thomas' case, the significant discount they received makes them extremely attractive anyway. I have Cotchin, Beams and Sandllands in my current team.
            Here's the full stats for the original premise
            Ablett – 2010 dropped 10.2, 2011 dropped 2.8 – age 27
            Matthew Pavlich – 2010 dropped 10.9, 2011 dropped 0.3 – age 29
            Jonathon Brown – 2007 dropped 29.2, 2008 dropped 12 – age 27
            Jonathon Brown – 2008 dropped 11.5, 2009 dropped 0.9 – age 28
            Alan Didak – 2011 dropped 41.6, 2012 dropped 5.1 – age 29

• Dools says:

Tom you lil Beauty Mate
              Thats a kick to 'nads for the rest of the community love the stats mate but would have had a lot more bang if you included win / loss ratio to points Avg Anywho food for thought all the same Thanks

• Tom says:

No worries, of course, it all depends on how you slice it. It may come off as a "don't pick fallen premiums" but really its just intended to think more critically about it. Ie, Cotchin. He dropped 10 points last year but still averaged 106. If he averages the same again its not the end of the world, if he improves by 5 he'll likely be in the top 10 mids, anything more is gravy. Likewise Beams. if he simply bounces back 5 and averages 107 he'll be value as hes discounted at 92 ppg. It should make everyone a little more wary of guys like Murphy and Franklin who have dropped 20+ points. They will likely recover some of that value but if it is only 5 points per game, do you really want them all year?

• Dools says:

Purely from a non trade point of view mate …When/if they are in the y stay in regardless because we (teh CVommunity have commited to change elsewhere upgrade/downgrade) so with that in mind Prems are LOcks for me…Does this make sence?

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Ive seen a few ive passed on over the years only to see them do well. Goldstein and Leunberger, Josh Kennedy, Luke Ball, Robbie Gray, Brett Maloney, Brent Staker, Jolly, Le Cras, Waters, Lenny Hayes, Nick Riewoldt, Cooney, Leon Davis and the word on some of them was "do not touch them damaged goods" – Hayes especially stood out cos if you got that ride made huge difference to your mids, i kicked myself all year haha this year im taking a punt!

Incidently my first year of SC was 2011 and i held onto Didak was $502k i think, got down to $250k or there abouts, killed me, trial by torture :P

• Dools says:

Thats me point mate ya stuck with the gut and you had deli belly but if you had Cloke in the finals 2 years ago (LIKE ME) you generated 120-130 odd for a win by 9 beautiful points LOL so I'm a confirmed follower of the GUT, Head and heart are always going to argue but GUT will win
                Arguement: Heart wants Fesolo head wants Dixon Gut says: Are you Kidding I want Dusty Head says you is in for a ride, Heart says Duncan (Geel) GUT tells heart and Head get Farked !!Head and Heart have conversation but in the end arsehole always win… GUT you either have it or you Don't LOL

• throttlefinger says:

The Keyboard has spoken.

Agree with you, Dools. And I think the gut speaks, there's a dash of data that's behind that feeling as well. At this point you just see a player or combo in the Hiigginator and say, "yep, that looks tasssssty." No need to run more numbers. Throw the lock and move on to the next position.

Where is everyone with their team. I'm about 85% dialed in. Have 3 "what if" variations. Mostly around those rooks I'm hoping gets picked and those structures if they don't.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Yeah i had him but sat him on the pine after avg 56 or some crud for 3weeks i couldnt count on hom. I think he scored about that or more (was large) and i lost all my finals! Had good year last year top 1500 all year finished 465th overall, so willing to take some risks and trade out of it if need be.

• Tom says:

I wouldn't classify most of those guys as fallen premiums necessarily. However, the data on that sort of player is much better. Sorting by all players that dropped at least 30 points regardless of average, the average loss in the down season was 40.2 points while the average bounce back was 19.3 (This may be understating the bounce back of healthy players as the average is dragged down by players that continued to be injured the year after the point drop).
                Of course, all statistical analysis requires context. A lot of those players you mentioned also had discounts to their price beyond what their previous year's average would imply (and reasons to justify their fall – injury etc). This makes them more attractive to buy as they had to increase in average far less to justify their initial price, especially if they complete a full preseason the year after and the injury is not chronic.
                Compare that to players that play a full year, do not get an injury discount and have no obvious reason for their average to drop (Murphy, Buddy etc). The evidence is less compelling that they will return to their previous level.

Murphy was injured

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

They all offered good value, was my point. I was rapt getting goldy at $430 or whatever he was after disappointing 2012 compared to his break out year before. Leunberger and Gray at $300k just as juicey.

2. Jordan says:

L.Parker
    J.Caddy
    J.Kennedy-Harris
    Z.Merret
    M.Honeychurch

90k left.
    Should I keep it or look to upgrade e.g treloar to kennedy
    Thoughts appreciated

• William says:

Pretty good side, I've got quite a similar one. I'd trade Fuller for Will Langford (HAW – 123,900) and upgrade Treloar :)

• Jazzer says:

Good team there! Your forward line is quite strong as well as your backline. Your midfield has points of differences there, like the Treloar pick however Jacobs and Sandilands are both very risky given there medical history. Swallow is a great pick. Not sure about Buddy though because coming to new club he will have to find his feet. Great start though Jordan!

• SCdonkey says:

I think you have a pretty good starting line up there Jordan.
      Treloar or Kennedy are pretty decent POD though many will tend to lean towards to Kennedy.

3. ken says:

pretty average teams im thinking but hey its up to the inividual

4. William says:

Probably the best looking team coming off this website so far. A couple of changes might be Parker for Zorko and if Naitanui for McEvoy if he Dog-Dog isn't named first round. Watson may be suspended in result of the bloody on-going drug problems, but other than that, it's looking really good.

5. WombatsFC says:

That's a very good try Mr Crimmins you have applied yourself and taken some risks.
    7.2/10

Improvement areas:
    Your explanation for NIc Nat is rubbish
    Your call on Franklin to Average over 110 is fanciful he wont ave over 90.

Try again but this time without the happy juice or thinking smoke.

And half of those remaining are still waiting at the Epworth Taxi rank for a ride home.

• Dools says:

Whoo Wombats, Tell us how you really feel mate…..
      "Dangerfield is the pick of a man who doesn't know what to do up front and thinks that buying the most expensive lemon in the shop is security. "
      I do not deny that Danger has been in and out like a yoyo in my squad but hmmm I would prefer to have him in then use a trade to get him in I just hope his Avg is maitained don't care about price falls etc. I also note that Very Very few teams have Priddis and again the man who wrote "Pendleberry, the Rolls Royce of/in the midfield" has not selected him for his team…Dis-aaaaapointing!!!!!.
      There is a taxi rank at Epworth??? LOL

• Dools says:

Opps my bag, I,m so used to seeing Dependleberry as M2 that Mr. C made him M1 and no Gary Wow. Wow! Wow!!!!!! Mr C have you being dipping into the "Confiscated" from school stuff BIG Big call!,
        Dog Dog is another one but I would have him if I was confident!
        Sorry Mr C.

• WombatsFC says:

Hi Dools how's your team lookin?

When Crimmo puts up a team like this he obviously has a problem and is crying out for help.
          Depression is a serious illness and leads to people losing all hope and actively sabotaging their own futures.

Praising Crimmo may seem like the 'kind' thing to do but I reckon he needs some 'tough love' and we need to remind him that he is capable of much better and we wont accept this rubbish.

• shane says:

insightful look at depression there

• Dools says:

Mate I changed 5 times since yesterday
            ATM Priddis in Mids over Del I'm hoping with the easy draw he turns up trumps but I love Del Santos game. Player for sure and able to win when tagged thats experiance I suppose and a good tank.
            X.Ellis is my hope this year. Murphy got the flick for Daisey after last nights efforts If they play him back he will be busy I just don't see the Blue's goin any further this year but I have been wrong B4.
            Fwd Line is soo frustrating Kristen (Gel) got bumped now looking at L.Taylor (Bris)
            I still have 202K in the vault but moeny not spent is wasted LOL.

• Dools says:

As for Mr C.'s Team there is merit if it comes off but No GAJ No Team but I'm sure he has a plan
              Computer and Next G are really wanting Rockliff, and McVeigh but I have me mate Enright and Hanley with S.Mitchell so No Room guys had to let T.Hawkins go as an upgrade?downgrade to put in Dusty played well yesterday despite tag in 1st half- Don't like him but Can play Stokes Geelong reinvented himself last year he could also get in to the KrakenKats as a POD Sorry for the ramble but you asked a question I tried to type it out with the aid of Carlton Draught and much soul searching.
              Hope to hear from ya soon mate

• Sixxdawg says:

Well Nic Nat could be a difference maker but i do agree with you Wombat. His not worth the price.
      He was only picked because his popular and because he scored a few big scores but he was never consistent. But i guess if you pull a big score or 2 it means you should be picked a.k.a Dangerfield.
      Franklin will be lucky to average 90. Personally, i think he'll average around 80-85. His overhyped and the Swans only picked him up for more coin because lets face it. Buddy will attract the big bucks.
      Dangerfield IMO should be snagged when his price drops. People say it won't but it will. His not Ablett. He can hit 150-170's but then hit 60s-80's. And priced at 609k? What happens if he hits a 60? He'll drop immense which is why if you want Dangerfield, Wait till his price drops down because it will.

6. jks7 says:

let me know what you think, would help. cheers

Def:

J. Caddy (?)
    G. Rohan
    J. Kennedy Harris

M. Honeychurch
    S. Kerston

7. SCaddict says:

Nice job Crimmo! The first of the JR crew to skip on GAJ. Ballsy move there bro!

I have a few question marks over Cunningham. Exciting player but not sure he's in the Swans best 22 and when he does make the cut he is the perfect vest candidate. The sort of fella who can come on late in a game and have an impact. At least you will get to see whether he is named in the 22 and then if he is listed as the sub before making the final call, with the Swans first game fixtured early in the round.

There are a few concerns about NicNat. In addition to the groin worry Simmo has mentioned that he plans to ease him back into ruck duties so he may play predominantly forward in some of the early games.

Offsetting that the Eagles do have a very favourable first 3 rounds so that makes it a tough call to weigh up the different factors. But I think most of us will do the prudent 'wait and see' on NicNat and keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't explode early.

Lastly as you mentioned the bottom end of your forward line looks a little brittle. Perhaps supplant one of your premo defenders with say a Webster or R.Shaw and upgrade that F5-F6 problem area a tad.

8. THE SALTSHAKER says:

Nice team crimmo –

9. josh says:

Guys just wondering your thoughts on Travis Varcoe at only $301,000 and good chance of midfield time with injuries is he a viable option along with josh caddy

• SCaddict says:

One of those players who looks very flashy and impressive on the ground but whose game hasn't translated well to great fantasy scores in the past.

He was quite popular here this time last season, even making it on to Jock's mid price cheat sheets, but didn't take off as some had hoped and then of course got injured. So caveat emptor!

10. THE SALTSHAKER says:

Have spent a bit of time on my team this weekend. Tell me what you think.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Birchall, Malceski, Suckling, Langford, (Langdon, Georgio)
    Mid: Ablett, Swan, Dal Santo, Murphy, Beams, Daisy, Polec, Dunstan, (Crouch, Taylor)
    Ruck: McIntosh, Sandilands (Derryx, Thurlow)
    Fwd: Franklin, Parker, Chappy, Pavlich, Higgins, B.Kennedy, (McDonough, Kennedy-Harris)

All depends whose named.

Possible changes to team are Dal Santo to D.Tyson and Hmac to Cox if Hmac not named,
    B.Kennedy to Caddy.
    Suckling to McDonald.

Im hoping for Pav and Dal Santo to outscore Dangers and Dusty. I may even turn Dal Santo to JPK but hoping both him and Pav to improve on last years numbers where as i think Dusty and Dangers might drop away a bit.

Big risks this year…

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

oh yeah, i do have 4 hawks in backline – happy to trade before their bye. If McDonald named and Suckling isnt ill make that trade, turn B.Kennedy into Caddy, Langford and Langdon just fillers for now

• dannyyboyy says:

hey salt, the hmac/sandi combo is to big a risk for mine. lobbe or jacobs/sandi in my opinion is the best value for money ruck combo. hmac could break down at any time, plus he is no where near match fit so it will take him a bit to get going. mcdonald is a must for me to, the way he plays makes me think he is the type of player that might be in my team up until the business end of the season. my kids is where im struggling. will langford get a game in the strong hawks line up? and i dont know much about langdon either. its so hard to gather info on all the rookies this year. mcdonald, laidler, cutler and georgiou is my backline rookies at the minute

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Yeah have corrected my team, dont think HMAC will be #1 ruckman. Dawson Simpsons a monster, his avg belies his ability due to two bad games out of the 6 played. Avgs 28 hit outs which is better than Cox, Nic Nat. HMAC is more versatile at ground level, both excellent options but neither can run out a full game. They will play 1 with Blicavs, whose aerobic capacity is guaranteeing his place. I think Simpson may get the nod, even still big risk.

So I went with Sauce Jacobs, shoulda been All Australian 2012, monstered 61 hit outs (record), most total hit outs that year, avg 31 per game but had a down 2013 as not as many to advantage. Has lost 4 to 5kg this year from running to boost tank due to stoppage changes. Crows looking to get more from ruck contests than 2013 which was big factor in 2012. Sauce wants to return to all aussie form, takes his craft seriously.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

McDonald yeah i know, got him in team again, no longer have Birchall as needed dollars elsewhere. Langford has blitzed NAB cup. Was a defender has shown promise as a midfielder and theyre developing his game there. Scored 104 booted 3goals in his first outting, played well again in guts on weekend kicked a running goal. Read article on AFL website Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne not owning as much mid time this year, they are staying more out of the mid, allowing youngsters to earn their spot there if they want it. Diff focus, instead of saying this is your role, the rooks and those who want it gotta prove they deserve. Langford one of those rookies and should get opportunity. Wanganeen is another.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Backline is tough. Dont think Cutler will play early. Clurey might has shown poise but hotly contested at Port may not get up for rnd 1. Langdon at Pies might get a chance due to loss of Marley Williams, then again is probs out of best 22 as Pies close to full strength. Gold Coast kid Cameron is a chance, has impressed, depends on Rory Thompsons injury

After that its looking bleak! Might have to drop Chappy in fwd and grab Pittard (Port) or Watson (Blues) who should be regulars.

• Goonar says:

Good call re the Swanny, not seen him picked in too many sides so far (GA and Pendles all the go), and with his two new go-go gaget wrists, he could even increase his average this year. Birchall down back is another that has not been seen too often as well, think with Suckling back (and if he returns to the sort of form from a few years ago), the forward tag might have to think of who to go to, Birch or Suck, freeing up one or the other to run it out of the backline and bring in the points. Dyson to Nicky Dal would work I reckon if neeeding to upgrade the ruck, maybe to the big Leuenberger (no idea how to spell it!). The risk in the forward line – the "experienced" Pav and Chappy could pay off as Dangers/Dusty need to keep that average up. And finally, the fly-kicking, ass-kicking burnman of all burnman Higgins could actually work this year!

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Cheers Gooner, swapped back to Pendles (ruck rover) as him, Beams (rover) and Ball (centre) might line up in mids more often. May even find Swanny up fwd more this year, id rather him on the wing so he can run it both ways. The extra $50k was nice though so with dry stocks down back may need the $ to invest in mid pricers like Pittard. Yeah Dal Santo gone upgraded to JPK who i feel is cheap.

If Pav and Chappy play their part they will score much better than their avgs

11. JX20 says:

Like the side Crimmo. No Josh Caddy is a massive thumbs up. Bloke sleeps with the light on and clanger city under any pressure. Buddy is a must.

12. @klavo25 says:

Not bad Crimmo! a wee bit dissapointed not seeing Lyndon Dunn in the backline. Top4 def. SC Player from round 16 onwards last year(CD Fact ;)), and has continued in the Preseason averaging over 100. With the Dees (easyish) draw he's ripe for the picking.. and a great POD (.94%). unlike yourself and Jock and Co. staying away from Pearce til later after he drops in $$ tough run first up!

Good luck, no doubt Flesh For Fantasy will go up another level this year! See you in the twitterverse

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Lyndon Dunn is over estimated, saw him play 2yr ago was dominant, just doesnt get the possessions. Wont break 100 to often, better value elsewhere

13. James says:

Hi guys,

Need one rookie for final bench spot in defense.

Who should I pick out of Tom Clurey, Joel Tippet, Will Langford or Tom Langdon?

• The Mullet says:

Whichever one (or another one entirely) that gets named for Rd 1. When teams are announced, final bench spots will probably need some changing anyway. At the moment, all we need is a list of possible candidates (which you have). If you have the luxury of more than one of these guys getting named, pick the one you think is least likely to get handed a vest.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

just wait till named. Langford is son of Hawks legendd scored 104pts, 3 goals, but probs hardest side to get into. Clurey had good NAB cup i think? Not sure if in best 22 but didnt hurt his chances. Langdon also impressive for Pies, selected in draft for key back, will be a gun. Pies have since lost Marley Williams so his job security might be good. I think he might keep Frost out of the team, if so good sign. Also Cameron from GCS cheap rookie, has impressed, should get round 1 debut, might be 2-3wks if he goes well as Suns got couple inj down back. Not sure but i think Rory Thompson is at TEST stage, so might depend on that. So not sure of job security.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

No idea about tippet? i think McDonald is the favourite son, in the box seat??

14. Thoughts?

Mitchell, Grimes, Sucking, R Shaw, L McDonald (Fuller, Georgiou)

Ablett, Pendles, Griffin, Cotchin, Beams, D Thomas, Michie, Dunstan (Ellis, M Crouch)

Jacobs, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Honeychurch)

$120,000 left over

• David says:

Missing a position in your defense line.
      This is the strongest midfield i have seen posted. Not sure if Cotchin is a good idea, SC sports news reported he had to be subbed out of the game against Essendon because of a strain in his calf muscle.

Your strategy looks like your defense will be the one to fill those last couple of positions with premiums.
      Over all good team.

15. KadeK is a jet says:

what does everyone think about Daniel Wells? Could be a chance to be very good since Dal Santo will take the tag! What do you guys and gals reckon?

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Nah wells too inconsistent. Dal Santos had tags his whole career still finds footy. Hoping he can bounce back over 105ppg as got him in my side for now…

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Actually just checked his scores, i take it back he has been going better than i thought. Just one of those guys i never look at. Might be a nice POD

16. THE SALTSHAKER says:

Nice fwd line and mids. I think you need more down back. Also you got 4 prems from rnd 8 bye. Suggest you axe Cotch and bolster your Defense. Try moving ya coin around, see if you can get cheaper, ie Shaw to Webster.

Could turn Sauce into Leuy, Nic Nat but best option is Cox yet again. Not sure if Honeychurch or Fuller will make an appearance early in season. Maybe turn Michie into Polec? or Tyson. Rohand to Ben Kennedy from Pies, very lively, gets plenty of own footy hasnt been out of place since joining Pies last year. Played lots of games in his first season so Bucks rates him. Only concernn might be vest? Will score higher than Rowan i reckon if not, as he is more around stoppages, Rowan fwd pocket in strong fwd line will be inconsistent SC unless he kicks goals as can goo missing for big chunks of games. Then again i could be wrong? They do rate him at Syd should have job security of he keeps kicking a couple.

• Cheers man, yeh Ive already upgraded Michie to Tyson. Rohan to to Kennedy is interesting, just concerned if Kennedy does get the vest, where as Rohan shouldnt get it at all this year.
      So hard to part with Cotchin considering the hype about him this year, was trying to cut money from anywhere else to upgrade the defenders.
      Thanks for the suggestions!

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

you need to cut him as you have ablett, pendles, beams from rnd 8 bye. you could go Pendles to Swan then Cotch to Watson? JPK is underpriced, gets heaps of possies, 1st for clearances, 1st contested possies in 2013 but was handball happy so cost him pts. Avg 120 in 2012 will push himself again, and likely to rise above 105ppg this year.

• I was at most of JPK's games last year, so many clangers, as he's a clearance machine, he was just bombing it out of the contest rarely hitting a target, however his handballs were of great efficiency. Jack should be the #1 tagging target this year, so Im sure JPK will be able to bounce back. Such a good player to watch, might just throw him in for that sake haha.

I think in this case, I'd go with Cotchin and use Pendles' higher price to save and possibly go with JPK or Watson. Really hard call considering, well considering everything haha. Even use the extra cash down back

Thanks again man

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Pendles has been mr consistent last 3yrs, due to his 29 to 30 possession avg and most effective disposal in comp. Will get back to you with stats

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Yeah 2011 he had 579 effective disposals, by comparison Ablett had 420. Dropped down to 12th in 2012 but still scored well. Last year he had 530, Ablett 439 — so even though Ablett, Swan rack up lots of possies around 32avg Pendles has significantly more effectiveness. Id keep him will have big year as new captain of Pies

17. David says:

Hey again guys still like everyone else, I'am changing a few players around

Personally like this one the best after so many variations.

DEF S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, C.Enright, S.Hurn, L.McDonald, B.Martin, (W.Langford, A,Gorgiou)
    MID G.Ablett, M,Priddis, J.Redden, M.Murphy, D.Beams, J.Polec, V.Michie, X.Ellis, (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)
    RUCK M.Lobbe, A,Sandilands, (F.Thurlow, M.King)
    FWD P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, L.Parker, J,Caddy, M.McDonough, (JPK, Z.Merrett)

Been a little stuck on sticking with: M.Priiddis, S.Hurn combo or changing them for L.Shuey, H.Pearce ?

And anything else please do let me know cheers great community!

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Priddis is excellent at stoppages, always puts in top effort. Freakish actually. Rarely has bad game, handballs too much but nearly always gets 100 ppg each game. Doesnt have massive scores though. He is dependable every week. Shuey might have more upside but depends where he is at, has promised for awhile had good season of 103. Priddis you can set your watch by.and should hit that most weeks.

Side looks good. Id maybe goo Hurn down to Suckling and turn Priddis, Redden or Murphy into Pendles or Swan for VC loop, theyre worth every penny. If youre not expecting Redden, Priddis or Murphy to be in top fwds you might need to trade them later in year, so be wary of that.

Also Sam Jacobs offering good value after low possession year in 2013. Is third behind Minson,Goldy for hit outs (total and avg per game 31)

Lobbe came good end of 2013 be interesting to see if can maintain for full season

18. Daniel says:

I’m pretty happy with this draught,I know I’ve got 1 or 2 too many prems in the
    rnd 8 bye,but I’m going for scoring output rather than worry about that one week!
    Any feedback much appreciated

DEFS: S.Mitchell P.Hanley D.Swallow T.Langdon
    J.Webster L.McDonald W.Langford A.Georgiou

MIDS: GAJ Pendles Libba Fyfe X.Ellis
    Beams Daisy Michie Polec L.Dunstan

RUCKS: Lobbe Sandi F.Thurlow
    T.Nankervis

FWDS: Danger Dusty Zorko McDonough
    J.Cameron Higgins Rohan JKH

$9,900 left in the kitty

19. Spizz says:

if you want join a competitive league, join a league ive started only accepting players who average 2200. league code is 316410

20. Randy says:

I have 671 K and I want a really good mid that i can count on? Any suggestion boys

• BIGBOY says:

Ablett of course, but if you have him already either Scott Pendlebury or Joel Selwood is a legitimate choice. If you want to save a dollar or two I would also recommend the likes or Danye Beams or Cotchin but do have a somewhat risk factor towards their names.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

I dont think theres any risk with Beams, is elite

• Dools says:

Agreed Salt. minor injury to Cotchin and recovery for Jeelwood but risk is everywhere in AFL It is the nature of this great game.

• Randy says:

Haha boys already have pendles and beams, Im just looking for one more, dont think i can get ablett with that. I have Deledio in my mid so i dont think ill pick cotch daddy. What are your thoughts on Jobe Watson , Jarrad Redden or Bradley Ebert?

21. chels says:

One of the reasons I do not visit this site more regularly is that so many posters neither respect a thread (thank you Mr Crimmins for some interesting ideas) and just turn it into another RMT series.

I'll take the criticism from those who do not follow the above ideas but suggest you think about what you are doing.

22. Tom says:

Is it bad to only have 4 midfield rookies? All of these 'team reveals' have had 5 mid rookies and i'm just wondering if that's an indication that we should all have 5.

• Dools says:

No Tom
      YOUR Team Your gut mate follow it

• SCdonkey says:

4 or 5 Rookies in the mid is totally up to you. Just keep in mind there are more Rookie prices to chose from in the Mids than any other position. I for one at have Def: 4 – Mid: 4 – Ruc: 2 – Fwd: 3 total of 13 Rookies or Rookie prices

23. SCMania says:

Follow us on twitter @SupercoachM

24. Mendo says:

Any positive thoughts on Xavier Ellis? Or is he the hypernator.

• SCaddict says:

Yes Simmo loves him and is expected to get plenty of game time. Should get off to a nice start with the Eagles great draw. Only real knock is his unfortunate track record with injuries.

Fairly lockish in my team on the bench.

• daryl_prasad says:

Hypernator.

25. Daniel says:

Shuey or Hutchings or neither? Best value in WCE MID?

26. Dools says:

Okay ZCommunity. Is there any one ot there going for M. Priddis Mid WCE 554K….Anyone??? Hello Hmmmm
    This was posted whilst Dools went to fridge by Computer and Next G. He sloppy man

27. THE SALTSHAKER says:

Kicked 6 today had purple patch last year with number of 100+ scores, then i got on him and he dudded out was frustrating. Cloke did that to me as well year before, You have to be careful with key forwards. I generally try avoid for that reason, great when booting bags, not so great when not.

Maybe try Pav or Buddy who are known 100+ scorers and trust they return to form, which they should.

28. Rocksta says:

Nearly done with my team, except for Rd 1 Rookie Selection.

Last sticking point:

Smurf, Wright and Rohan OR Cotchin, Higgins and Ben Kennedy ( Coll).

Please help

• SCaddict says:

It's a close call in my book but I like option B just a little better Rocksta.

Only because I regard Cotch as almost a 'must have' even though he hasn't featured in any of the JR crew's teams just yet. Perhaps Crouching will pick him.

Not a massive fan of Smurph as I've said on record here a few times so won't flog that dead horse again.

• Rocksta says:

Thanks SC.

I'm not a Smurf fan either which is why I keep changing my Bloody team every 5 mins. With Judd out, he will get tagged heavily from day dot, and we know much he struggles with attention.
        I love Cotchin as well. Didn't have a great year last year but still tonned up 15 times ( I think it was around 18 the year before).
        Problem with him is that I also have GAJ, Pendles and Beamer ( none of whom I will contemplate leaving out) so stuffs me up for the Rd 8 Bye.
        Back to the drawing board ( yet again)

• SCaddict says:

Don't lose too much sleep on the byes I reckon. With all the trading we'll likely do in the first 7 rounds our teams will probably look fairly different come the byes anyway. Just means you'll do some mega midfield scoring in both Rds 9 and 10.

I'm sure you'll be able to rustle up at least 18 or 19 playing bodies for Rd8. So if you really want a guy I'd just say to hell with it and pick him.

However if you want an alternative to Cotch and his Rd8 bye problemo I think Libba is really putting up his hand for selection for the same coin. FWIW I intend to run with GAJ, Libba, Cotch, JPK, Beams and Daisy as my top 6 mids.

• Rocksta says:

Thanks SC?

Cotchin and JPK are the best priced value for money Premiums IMO

• Rocksta says:

And Beamer of course

• throttlefinger says:

Agreed. In fact, I look at JPK the way many are looking at Smurph. Even is "off" year he was still the leader in clearances and contested possessions (huge point earners in SC), 13th in tackles and 4th in total disposals.

Murph is a great price but on an unsteady team. He will do better than next year but not as expected because he just doesn't have the support. Daisy will help. But it's not like what JPK, Cotchin or Beams has. Many will be disappointed in him. In my humble opinion, of course.

• SCdonkey says:

Wonder when MR. Addict will reveal his team I'm curious and anxious :D
            I see you've changed your Mid a fair bit in the last few days, I'm in the same boat. My mid are so different to the way it was earlier this week.

And yes Rocksta don't dwell too much on the bye Rounds but do keep in mind to not have Premo in R8 bye

• SCaddict says:

Ha ha I'm going to keep a few cards up my sleeve there Donkeyman and not flash everything just yet. :)

Been fairly settled on my mids for a while though. Had GAJ, Cotch, JPK. Beams and Daisy pretty much locked and loaded for quite a few weeks now.

Libba just keeps on producing like the fantasy phenom that he is, that I can't ignore him any longer, so he's snuck in there fairly recently and will hopefully stay there. That's a little contingent on my final forward line which I still tinker with on a daily basis.

Jobe was also in strong contention for that final midfield spot in Addicts Anonymous but this darn ASADA thing still lingering on is a slight turn off. Not so much in terms of potentially missing games but just don't know how you can possibly play your very best footy with that sort of thing hanging over you.

But perhaps it will prove to be the opposite and become a motivating force for him instead.

• Rocksta says:

Thanks for your help Lads.

I've just changed my team again and after several hours, I'm back to the strategy I started with this morning:
                Skinny down back, but solid across all other lines…………..and no Smurfett.
                It's the strategy I feel most comfortable with and as Dools says, Go With Your Gut.
                As such, I am putting a self imposed ban on myself until Rd 1 selections.
                Good luck to you both and Sorry Jock, Burnman Higgins has made the cut.

• SCaddict says:

No worries Rocksta.

Yes I'm super tempted to run with Higgins too after his BOG performance against the Blues the other day. At just $250K it's mighty hard to resist!

• throttlefinger says:

Totally agree. Fought and fought it but it's too sensible to overlook.

At that price, there isn't more solid a pickup $20K up or down from him. As Barron pointed out, if your expectation is for a SC prem to emerge, Higg won't be that. But he will be a solid path to an upgrade.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Ahh you gotta have the smurf!!!! If he was in any other of your lines youd take it!!! Is priced close as Hanley, Simpson, Birch, Malceski, Enright, Hibberd, Leunberger, Buddy, Dixon and only 30k more than Parker, T.Mitchell and other fanciful picks peeps are trying to get behind – was called Mr Consistent for his 2009 to 2011 yrs as he would hit 100+ every week. He was in Pendles, Yablett, Swan, Watson territory finishing 4th in 2011 at 118avg

Will bounce back this year, has more going for him than those trying to get on D.Swallow down back or those riding the Caddy train

• SCdonkey says:

Hmmm that Ace of speed up the sleeve trick ay.
                But yeah Watson has been in and out of my Team as well, it is kinda worry with all the ASADA saga. I know Watson went through it last year and handle it well, though there some games he was a little off. So… i really don't know how long he can take it, can he do it for the 2nd year in a row is my concern.

I had almost the same sit up as you did Gaz, Watson, Cotch, JPK/Fyfe Beams and Daisy but after listening to the Podcast the other day. Made me shuffle my team around, to a completely different set up.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Id stay away from Libba and put money into your JPK, Watson, Cotch, McVeigh, Barlow types

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Disagree lads, gotta plan for your byes on basis of flexability. Its not the BETWEEN part thats the issue, its the THEN part. It feels good now to say stuff it, or ill trade if i have to but if you get inj in other lines and faced with donut could count your season goodbye. Some teams like to rest stars either side of as well. It happens, I think Swan in 2012 went to Arizona and maybe even Gibbs last year got benched halfway thru game 2 weeks before, missed the week before, the bye, and week after (3 and a 1/2 games). If they are killing it then you get stuck in your minds. I think Gibbs was avg 98 at that stage, hard to justify a trade sideways__ You also reduce your opportunity window, say some great rookie on bubble or bottomed out premium is on the table, worse if they are from a later bye that you already have 3 in one line missing out that week, or as happened last year Luke Ball avg 90-100 bubble popped up at at $300k just before their bye. If youve got 3 already in one line its a risk, if youve got 4 its impossible.__

• SCdonkey says:

***correction the mind is a little to fast for the fingers "do not have too many Premo in R8 bye"

• Rocksta says:

Yes mate, 4.

But I agree with SC Addict…………..who knows what will happen between now and then. I'd rather go in with the players I want. The good news is I only have 2 Bye Forwards in R8 and thus if a DPP Rookie comes good may be able to slot him in to mids and swing Titch or Parker into the Mids for R8 cover.
                See what happens I guess.

29. matt says:

do we think M Wright is the real deal ths season or will he still get tagging jobs.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Cant say, looks good and can find the footy. J McRae and Matt Thomas (tiges) finding footy, laying plenty tackles both look good options

30. Lee Underwood says:

Hale, D
    Wright, M
    Cripps, J
    Rohan, G
    Kennedy-Harris, J
    Honeychurch, M

This leaves me with $281,500 to make any changes before the season starts.
    Please comment on this squad.
    Cheers.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Should move Mitchell to defence, Parket fwds. Not sure if Kolodj Fuller, Honeychurch or KhJ will feature early enough. Overall your team needs more top premiums for pts. Maybe get rid of Vlas and upgrade Wright to Danger? or Watson? upto you bud

First team ive seen without Beams

31. SCdonkey says:

Lee, I really don't know where to begin!?!? Though an interesting line up, I see what you're trying to do here with Mitchell and Vlastuin and Parker! OK………..
    1. $281K is way too much to have to be sitting in the kitty and collecting cobwebs which it could be collecting Cash and Points.
    2. Kolodjashnij, K I don't think he'll be in the Best 22 for Rd1 and I don't see him playing games early in the season. Get rid of Hodge and move S Mitchel at the back.
    3. Put Mitchell and Parker at their respective positions as there many quality Midfield players that can fill those spots in the Mid.
    4. Chappy has said he'd be happy to play 16 games this season. And I think he will be wearing the vested a lot this year.
    5. Hale will not be contesting in the Ruck as much this season will play up Forward more, McEvoy has taken that number 1 Ruckman position at the Hawks.

• Lee Underwood says:

How about now i have had a good look at my team and you are right.

Defenders

$176,20000.00, SYD
      29. Taylor, L
      $117,30000.00, MID BRL
      30. Kennedy-Harris, J
      $117,30000.00,MEL

32. throttlefinger says:

Couple battle royals for my final team. Would like the community's thoughts on who they'd take and why:

Clurey vs. Brodie Martin (if both start 22)
    Michie vs. Aish
    Lobbe vs. Big Sauce
    Impey vs. Merrett
    Higgins vs Fasolo (think I know what this will be)

Whadda think?

33. ryan says:

Hey guys, got a draft league here, just made it, free for anyone to join. Kicks off tonight, so be quick
    Code: 550900

34. Alex says:

Thoughts would be good! Having trouble with the dual position players in the midfield.

DEF – Mcveigh, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, Webster, McDonald – INT – Fuller, Georgiou

MID – Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Mitchell, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Polec – INT – Dunstan, Crouch

RUC – McEvoy, Sandilands – INT – Thurlow, Nankervis

FWD – Dangerfield, Roughead, Franklin, Higgins, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris – INT – Taylor, Honeychurch

35. Bob says:

Peoples thoughts on Wingard and Benny Kennedy ??

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Kennedy worked hard in off season to add some bulk whilst building tank. Was sub alot last year but rates himself as a midfielder and stated he knows he will play there eventually. Bucks will play him off half fwd, drifting fwd. Finds own footy with ease, kicking needs to improve.. Might get vest, should play ahead of Fasolo all year, will be challenged by Jarryd Blair for small fwd role, who has been huge during pre season drills, but may have had niggle/inj as played his first game in VFL on weekend, at this stage Kennedy in best 22.

Wingard id avoid avg 19 to 21 disp, 2 goals as small fwd around 85 to 92 ppg when i had him in 2013 but was great pick cos i snagged him at $260ish i think? Never cracked ton rnds 4 to 14 or there abouts so i upgraded and next 3 weeks hit 130+ i was gutted. Will get more mid time but Boak and Ebert will outscore him regularly. Can find better value elsewhere

• daryl_prasad says:

Try Tutt instead of Kennedy.

36. Lord Relton Roberts says:

No expert but i recon id go:
    – Clurey
    – Sammy Jacobs (was once a gun surely he can return to that whereas lobbe hasnt proved to average over 90 a year yet, its a risk to hope that end of season form will be consistent)
    – Michie (unless you dont have polec yet)
    – Impey (had merret in my team til ports last praccy – im waiting to see teams for these two)
    – Higgins (both players are a risk, higgins is the better player but obviously has trouble staying on field.. lim not ure where fasolo fits with all the new pick ups at collingwood, kennedy, white, elliot, dwyer even martin steele and adams make it a busy forward line, unless he can push his way at another position)

• throttlefinger says:

Very nice, LRR! Leaning all those ways as well. Have Polec. Just going 3 rooks in M6-8.

Thinking of going Rohan instead of Higgins and Fasolo. Shown good form. And price he doesn't need to do a lot to get to cash in value.

• Lord Relton Roberts says:

Im going the same way mate, rookie value in the mids is off the chain this year haha looks too good to pass up on for now Tyson/Michie, polec and dunstan score a start for me

• throttlefinger says:

Exactly. Was leaning towards Tyson then remembered Higgo's article about Jack Martin and points he needed to score to gain $150K. Tyson only $5K less. So probably not doing that. Right now between Michie and Aish. Leaning toward the Aish…getting better with each game.

37. matthewjsampson says:

G'day everyone,

The podcast got me fired up for another big SuperCoach year, and I think I'm close to locking my team in.

However, Im at a bit of a dilemma with working around the round 8 bye. At the moment I've got 7 premos at the first bye (Ablett, Cotchin, Dal Santo, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin & Enright).

Any thoughts on how to work around this? Should I downgrade one to Aish and spend around to spread over the byes? Bring in a Bernie Vince type? Or just suck it up and shit my pants come round 8?

Rookies are subject to round 1 selection.

Thanks everyone!

DEF: McVeigh, J, Mitchell, S, Enright, C, Suckling, M, Webster, J, McDonald, L (Clurey, T, Georgiou, A)
    MID: Ablett, G, Liberatore, T, Cotchin, T, Dal Santo, N, Beams, D, Polec, J, Ellis, X, Dunstan, L (Crouch, M, Robertson, N)
    RUC: Lobbe, M, Sandilands, A (Thurlow, F, Derickx, T)
    FOR: Dangerfield, P, Martin, D, Parker, L, Zorko, D, Caddy, J, Kennedy-Harris, J (Rohan, G, Merrett, Z)

38. It’s going to be finish of mine day, except before
    ending I am reading this great piece of writing to improve my
    experience.

39. Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just
    book mark this blog.

40. naturally like your website however you need to take a look at
    the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them
    are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the truth however I’ll surely come again again.

For a better detailed explanation please click the link to this page …

diet Supplement Reviews