West Coast Eagles V Fremantle NAB School worksheet

Filed in Fremantle, Supercoach, Supercoach 2014, West Coast Eagles by on February 19, 2014 • views: 778

Analysis of the West Coast Eagles v Fremantle game:

Good day Community,

Summary of significant points out of the West Coast v Fremantle clash:

• Don’t read anything into Freo performance. Lost by 90+ to Carlton this time, last year. Ross got it covered.
  • Consider Freo’s (lack of) effort when analysing West Coast.
  • Dom Sheed now ahead of Jack Martin? Will save you $55k in process. Sheed good build for first year, worry about potential green vest though
  • Xav Ellis halfway to being locked at that price. Adam Simpson worked with him at Hawks. Brought him over, must’ve seen something in him he likes.
  • Shuey, Fyfe, Barlow no issues there, solid performance.
  • Lachie Neale & Jack Darling potential PODs? At least worth discussing.

Look forward to your thoughts in the comments below.

Mr. Crimmins.

Download Mr. Crimmins completed WCE v FRE NAB School Worksheet

1. Kevan says:

Terrific precis Mr Crimmins. Researched Shuey when Kerr didn't play, game time, type of possessions etc. Had him locked as POD since the show opened. Xavier Ellis will get game time, what you need in a rookie. Fyfe will join the elite this year, plenty of Brownlow votes as well. A fit Sandi is a great, cheap, ruck, must have really, just means R3 must be playing and scoring reasonable points when/if Sandi kicks his toe.

2. Dan says:

East coast eagles mr crimmins! Maybe a merge with gws on the cards?

3. throttlefinger says:

Well done, Mr. C! Pondering Darling. Like the price yet waiting to see if Crameri may be a better value. Can see both battling it out of the rest of NAB for the F4 spot.

• jimbotraralgon says:

Hey throttle.

I had pencilled Darling in at F4 before this game and I'll think the pencil mark just got a bit thicker….

although not quite in permanent maker yet….need to see another game but more midfield time will possibly lift his average by 15 ppg just by itself.

• throttlefinger says:

Agree on both fronts, Jimbo.

• The Drama Llama says:

I wouldn't be banking on him spending too much time through the midfield. I'm aware of the fact he's trained through the midfield but I'd be willing to gamble there will be many if not most games this year where he plays 100% of his time forward. Eagles midfield options are currently vast. That said I had him pencilled in at the start of the year purely as a forward. Kid is a beast and the Eagles great early draw will be favourable for their forwards.

4. scooter says:

Think Shuey will cop a tag without Kerr may slow him down masten or wellingham for me

5. Autofelatio says:

Very nice Crimmo!, really thinking there is some fantastic value in both Sheed and Ellis, Darling is an interesting prospect aswell and one that I haven't really considered myself up until now. Fyfe looks very nice and will only get better, just worried about the possible resting by Ross Lyon at the end of the year which can hurt deeply for the many of us who will probably be in a bit of strife injury wise then. Pavlich is very very tempting and would like to see another game from him to decide whether or not I may entertain a spot for him. Cheers again Crimmo!

PS. Shuey looking very juicy aswell

6. jimbotraralgon says:

for me….

no to shuey, big yes to the x man, very likely on darling and maybe maybe on sheeds.

Sandi is locked in….to hell with the consequences…….just give me 5 to 6 games and I can then get a premium.

Morabito is no until he plays 2 games, ideally the week after his bye so he can be downgrade target.

I really need to see nicnat play….R1 is between nic, ryder and Lobbe at this stage for me.

• throttlefinger says:

X-man and Sheed would like to see another game, but leaning on X man right now. Shuey I've been considering, yet don't have the confidence to slot him in Rd1. Hurn is in. Didn't play whole game and still broke 80. He's playing in the mid so should up his average from the git go.

Sandi has moved to Beams "lock and throw away the key" status. To your point Jimbo, just need 5-6 quality starts then hello big Will.

NicNat not being ready until R1 is not a good sign. Even last season took him 2-3 games to warm up. McEvoy is my #1 ruck. For now.

• benisbill says:

Worth nothing with Hurn is that Freo didn't put the tag on him like they usually do – his SC average against Freo is only 77. So wouldn't necessarily read his 80 from a partial match as a sign of things to come. Playing in the midfield may bring him into more regular contact with taggers also.

Just some food for thought!

• derek says:

i'm only considering Hurn because of WCE good opening games.
          Still have Bartel, Mitchell, hanley and suckling ahead of him.

• throttlefinger says:

Good points, Benisball. Like what I saw, though. Sure he wasn't going at full speed, but I hear your points. Still at his price, like his experience and Simpson's Hawk's style should help his game. Not a lock but have him in pencil as my D3 at the moment.

7. yurkins says:

reckon this game like the Bris Hawks game really was a waste of time. This format of 18days etc has that major draw back. Sides don't care if they win. _Supercoach wise it means we get no REAL info from it. Ellis looked fine but he got plenty in the first quarter so not convinced on him or Sheed. Shuey moved well as did LeCras. Im not a Darling fan even though pushing up field, I don't think he has it in him to be a good midfielder though he is still young.
    Mind you the only thing worse than the effort of the Dockers was the pathetic calling of the game by the Fox Footy guys. Wow talk about slack. IN 2nd quarter we got interview galore, but 1 minute total of calling goals, tackles, marks and ball ups. Beside cox they called 2 names. Pfft I wished I had SEN on a little radio as I watched.

8. Daniel says:

Does anyone know if Hurn rotated through the midfield that game, and if it is likely for him to spend more time up the ground in 2014 (didn't get a chance to watch the game, could only follow the radio broadcast and thus hard to gauge)? Though still a solid choice if he plays the same position he did in 2013, I think he could really elevate his scoring to a new level and become lockish if he were to play through the midfield and on the wings. If not, does anyone have any mid-priced type defenders (around the 400-450k mark) who they think could emerge as genuine premo's by season's end? Any sources and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Love your work boys, quality as always.

• Kev says:

Hurn did go through the middle, but the freo boys didn't pick him up. 90 point flogging = can't take too much away from this game. That said, I do like him. Lots of talk about him getting mid time this year. Likewise, David swallow (429k) is a good bet to get more midfield time as well

• cezza says:

To much talk of swallow he’s shown nothing, I don’t understand the hype

• Kev says:

capable of producing consistent 85+ if he stays in the middle. 23 touches with 6 tackles is worth a spot on the watch list, especially with the inconsistent nature of defence

• jamkella says:

the talk a few weeks ago was that he would spend more time in the middle and that was proven yesterday so for the extra touches he will be a consideration

• Rocksta says:

I must have watched a different game………………….Hurn didn't look like a midfielder to me.
      Good player, but I reckon he will be playing a similar role to always and thus no significant price rise.

9. Daniel says:

Cheers boys. Though it is only a NAB Cup game, Hurn's kick to handball ratio, coupled with potential midfield time and a soft draw, looks mighty appealing. As for Swallow, if he gets midfield time I think he'll be able to crank out some decent scores and become a solid pick for a D3/4, and should avoid the tag with the likes of Ablett, Prestia and Bennell in there too.
    Bring on season 2014.

10. Billy says:

If anyone wants they can join ,my supercoach league. I really want to play against good players so that this year will be a challenge for me but also fun. Here is the code 714873

11. George says:

Can someone please post the full sc scores for this match? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks, George

Jamie Bennell 32
      Hayden Ballantyne 26
      Colin Sylvia 18
      Luke McPharlin 15
      Matthew Taberner 11

12. SCKook says:

Suckling and Lobbe or D Swallow and Sandi??

Not much to read into this game – same as crows/port and hawks/lions. You'd reckon the AFL coaches could be a bit more considerate of supercoaches and play full strength sides in pre season…

• derek says:

can i choose Suckling and Sandi?

• SCKook says:

Suckling coming off an ACL, Sandi injury prone… risky.

• derek says:

they are soooo cheap.

But as my father always say….you get what you pay for!

At this stage i will be starting Round 1 with them, but that is why we have 30 trades.

• Jono says:

Swallow will be a good POD. If he doesn’t fire up for the first 2 rounds and suckling does. Easy downgrade before BE kicks in, you’ll save yourself $90k+ and gain yourself some cash to upgrade another player elsewhere.

You shouldn’t be trading anyone after the 1st round. personally I think its a waste to trade that early. So pick your team and plan ahead. Keep in mind to keep an eye on the Round 8 bye as these players will sitting it out.
      Pendle-Swan-Beams-Cloke-Grundy
      Ablett-Martin-Dixon-Swallow-McKenzie
      Cotchin-Dustin-B Ellis-Delidio-Maric
      J Selwood-S Johnson-Enright -Bartel-Hmac-Hawkins
      Zeibell-Deal Santo-Goldstein-Cunnington
      Dangerfield-Sloan-Taylor-Douglas-Crouch
      If you get caught with majority of those players by Round 8 you’ll be stuff.

Hope guys got the idea
      Round 8 Bye
      Collingwood
      Gold Coast
      Geelong
      North
      Adelaide
      Richmond

13. derek says:

would you think Pendlebury/Murphy or StevieJ/Watson a better combination. If you had to choose?

14. SCKook says:

Murphy is questionable with a tag – now that he's before Judd in line for a tag.

15. cam says:

Hey what do you guys think of my team, any advice will be appreciated
    Mitchell hibberd swallow suckling kolodjashnij mcdonald res: cutler Langdon
    Gaj pendles cotchin murphy beams Thomas sheed ellis res: dunstain crouch
    Sandilands ???? res:thorlow Nankervis
    Dangerfield franklin zorko pavlich billings kennedy-harris res:lennon garlett
    I have 569k in the bank what do you think I should do?

16. SCannonymous says:

Cam – big plus for LISTING YOUR TEAM HORIZONTALLY!
    Midfield very solid!!
    I reckon your backs lack a bit of depth with respect to job security. I would possibly look to find one or two more certain starters out of KK, Cutler and Langdon in the backs and I'm not sure how early Billings will get games.
    Maybe Lobbe or Hickey in the rucks if you're confident in Sandi.
    Good Luck SCAnn.