LEAKED: 2014 player positional changes

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach 2014 by on December 7, 2013 • views: 1740

Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy CommunityNews of AFL Fantasy player positional changes and prices have hit the internet.

While it is not yet confirmed that these changes will also apply to Supercoach in 2014, history suggests that these changes will apply to both formats of the games we know and love.

PODCAST: We have released a podcast to discuss these changes in depth

Here is a quick rundown of the changes that will influence team selection most next season:

Patrick Dangerfield to be MID/FWD

The Dangerman was already on the lock list of many for Supercoach and AFL Fantasy 2014. Now that FWD line eligibility can be added to the case for Dangerfield he looks set to be one of the most locked in players of the season. Read Barron Von Crow’s recent analysis of the Supercoach relevant blokes from Adelaide here for more.

Sam Mitchell to be MID/DEF

Sammy Mitchell will bolster many backlines with word that he will be eligible down back this year. Again, you’ll see plenty of teams decked out with Mitchell in the backline. Opportunities to stuff a player capable of premium MID output into your back half have to be seriously considered

Jimmy Bartel to be MID/DEF

After a few years on the dip, averaging 97 and 95 Supercoach points in 2011 and 2012, Jimmy stepped it back up in 2013 averaging 106. He turned 30 the other day but I have a feeling that age will doth not weary this bloody champion. High on my defence priority list at the moment.

Tom Rockliff, Dale Thomas, Brendon Floggard, Steve Johnson, Dyson Heppell all just MIDS in 2014

The news that Mitchell, Danger and a few other blokes have gained some dual position eligibility has been tempered by the loss of eligibility for a stack of others.

Goddard will have less appeal then ever being available only in the guts in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy in 2014. Daisy Thomas is highly favoured by many as discussed in last week’s podcast with his reduced price and change of club, but will require more thought now.

Heppell, Rockliff and Heppell may for the first time be consideres points of different selections in rund 1 teams.

Dean Cox and Nic Nat lose their RUCK/FWD eligibility.

We had a shitload of RUCK/FWDs last season, but all that looks to be changing next year. The biggest downgrades here are Big Cox and Nic Nat, neither of whom will be early locks in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy teams without significant consideration. In fact the forward line looks set to be a pretty difficult prospect in 2014 with the loss of Cox, Nic Nat, Johnson, Rockliff and Dale Thomas amongst those drifting back into the guts

Luke Parker and Tom Mitchell are now MID/FWD

Righto – having said that things will be tough up forward we are getting a few colts changing forward from their previous MID only status. Both of these Swans should now be on your watch lists. Both had solid 2013 seasons and while they may have been overlooked by many with only MID relevance in 2014 they may now be considered. If I was picking my team now I’d select neither with both likely to come in at an awkward$460K Supercoach price, Mitchell to enter the second year blues period and Parker yet to convince me he’ll improve on his consistency next year.

Other big changes leaking on the interwebs as I type…

Jarrad McVeigh DEF/MID

The Chad Wingard MID/FWD

Ben Howlett MID/FWD

Andrew Walker DEF only - this is big as well

Luke Hodge DEF/MID

This will be front and centre on this Sunday night’s podcast – you cant miss this one community. Download it on your phone things next week if you hit the sack early.

Gagging to join in the discussion below.

Jock Reynolds

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Guest says:

I have Walker as Defender only, not Midfielder only

2. Ryan says:

Kade simpson?

3. chels says:

Jock, if my memory serves me correctly Dustin Martin retains M/F status and the big Roughie becomes F only.

4. BJ13 says:

Is it true that no WCE flogs are DPP next year? Means the likes of Wellingham will be Mid only I'm guessing

5. BMO says:

Apart from Danger to the forwards and Sammy Mitchell to the backs Im Lovin the changes Jocko. I have a feeling alot of peoples starting teams will be quite varied now, which can only be a good thing.

6. throttlefinger says:

The F/Ruck game will be harder waters to navigate this year it looks like. Seems like Mid/Def selection becomes a tad easier.

And that new logo is meaty, man. Only quibble is the can looks a bit small. Don't you usually go pounders, Jocko?

7. I did a little dance of joy when Jock sent me the mail that Dangerfield would be a forward next year.

McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Simpson and Walker as defenders in 2014 might make that position a tad easier next year. 2013 scores would have ranked them as the following as defenders in 2013.

McVeigh 106.1 Average = Equal 1st (With Goddard and Walker)
    Walker 106.1 Average = Equal 1st (With Goddard and McVeigh)
    Mitchell 104.2 Average = 2nd (5 points clear of 3rd placed Bob Murphy at 99.1)
    Hodge 96.7 average = 8th
    Simpson 95.1 average = 10th

We may have lost Gibbs and Goddard, but they've added some quality players to select from next year in defense.

• jockreynolds says:

Sensational views on the change mate – whack Bartel in there as well, he'd slot in between Mitchell and Walker at 2nd! Will go through that on the pod tonight.. more I look at the changes the more I see that they apparent rise in rookie pricing will be the biggest thing to come out of the latest news.. stay tuned!

• jockreynolds says:

correction – there'd be a three way tie for equal 1st!

8. that says:

I visited multiple web sites however the audio feature for
    audio songs current at this web page is in fact fabulous.

Also visit my website: that

9. Delbert says:

I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet
    I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.
    In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

10. Arlene says:

I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to get updated from latest
    gossip.

11. Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you know after that you can write otherwise it
    is difficult to write.

Feel free to surf to my webpage … losing weight

12. What’s up to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this
    website; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good data in support of readers.

Look into my blog post Pro Power CLeanse diets

13. Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but
    I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking
    about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start.

Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

Here is my web-site; binary option brokers