Semi Finals Weekend Discussion

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach by on August 17, 2013 • views: 1093

FINALS supercoach chat

There are more that a few fingernails being bitten this weekend.

Semi Finals are here and I know many of you are fighting for survival in season 2013. I wish you all the very best and urge you to stay strong, keep a stiff upper lip and whatever happens – don’t cry in public if you get done.

Friday night threw up some interesting loophole considerations… at this point you would be happy if you took Selwood’s 144, or Swan’s 129.. would have broken even if you’ve taken Pendlebury’s 110 but you’d be flat if you took the little master’s 97.

How’s things with your mob? Who’s going through to Preliminary final weekend?

(if you like a flutter – remember Vince’s PUNT CLUB Supercoach and DT betting tips are here for the weekend as well! Click here)

1. Goldy says:

I was a bit worried about Pendles last night so left the VC on Ablett -anything less than 140 from the little master I’m going for broke with the big C on Rockliff or Griff – Do Or Die!

2. LozzaB79 says:

Need some advice please. Going to trade Mitchell but not sure whether to go Selwood (who my opponent has) or Griffen? Current form obviously points to Selwood but Griff has a juicy draw.

3. nick says:

picked up heath shaw 2 weeks ago……hes a goose

4. bbbbb says:

Dunno whether to trust Gaz with the C or go to the in form selwood or Rockliff

5. JB says:

VC on Swan 129 pts should I take the score or put C on Ablett?

• throttlefinger says:

Matters what you're up against. Who has your comp picked as C? Are you ahead in your projected score by a lot or is it close? 129 is a solid Cap score. Would pick Gazza only if your oppt picks him and you're pretty sure your PODs will win out.

• JB says:

Opponent has C on Gazza, if he goes big I can roll the dice on Rockliff / Cox / Selwood / Stevie J / Griffin and loophole is dependant on T Mitchell not playing

6. Mark says:

Hi community,

Would like your advice on who to trade in for Kruezer.
    Boomer or Goldstein, am going to do trade today.

Thanks in advance.

• Watto says:

Goldstein or if you can do a forward go with Martin, Mayne, Rockcliff, Stevie j before Goldstein or boomer.

• Mark says:

Thanks watto,

I have the others except Mayne and Rockcliff,
        Am also trading Zorko to Rockcliff today as i have 460 thousand in bank and three trades left so was thinking of who to trade for kruezer.

Is Mayne a forward.

• Watto says:

Yeah Mayne is a forward but a brave move to bring him in whch could be rewarded. Freo forward, so should be seeing alot of the pill soon with their easy draw. Scored
          St KildaPatersons Stadium102 871231$427,600-$3,500
          16 West CoastPatersons Stadium137
          17 RichmondMCG72
          18 AdelaidePatersons Stadium92
          19 CarltonEtihad Stadium89 –
          20 GWS GiantsPatersons Stadium130

But If you have that much coin in the bank Goldstein is not a bad option but just his form of late bar his masacre of melbourne (which is no great feat) hasnt been great.

• Watto says:

Im assuming you have Minson though, If not bring him in, thats who Ive brought in this week for kreuzer myself.

• Mark says:

Na dont have Minson, but dont want to bring him in because my opponent has him or else i would.

I am still thinking either Boomer or Goldstein. I think Goldstein will do better this week because Patty Ryder isnt playing and boomer might get Hocking tag vs Essendon.

But think Boomer will go alright next week, because Hawthorn dont really tag, more try and play of each other. I dont know maybe i am looking into it to much.

7. Watto says:

Not Going to take the 110 from pendles. Who should I put the c on.
    Selwood
    Ablett
    Stevie J
    Rockcliff
    Fyfe

• throttlefinger says:

Many have called Gazza the "perma-Captain". Last week was an aberration. He's the safe bet. But if you want a POD, go Selwood or Stevie J. They have been playing like mad dogs and hitting big score. POD is key of Finals so see what your oppt is doing and be as risky or safe as needed. Good luck, Watto!

• Mark says:

I think Ablett might be a ok because of the dirty tactics melbourne pulled tagging him out of the game last week.

Guy McKenna complained to the Umpire committy how Ablett should of got more frees.I think the umpires will pay very close attention to the treatment of Ablett this week resulting in more free kicks this round meaning more points.

But he will get Cornes tag most likely.

8. davidzita1 says:

Ablett, Stevie J or Rockliff for C?

9. Dave says:

Hibberd, Heppel, Houli, Dixon or Suban for Ibbotson? One trade, no cash. Last roll of the dice.

• throttlefinger says:

Suban is an inspired finals call. Has been going gangbusters and Ross the Boss has them shooting for #2 spot. Like Jock says, Ross "flauntces" with his back line so that may be a concern. Yet a very nice finals run (Dees, Power, Saints). Houli would be the safest bet of the pack. Consistent 80+

10. @Jacko2128 says:

Play Murphy Or Crouch?

11. dustbin feltchers says:

clutching at straws this week, as i should lose…have 2 trades left…hoping colquhoon doesnt get subbed as i went with the gut and put heath shaw on my bench ( my opponent has copped his 37). need advice, can i do this next move?? I want to trade out tom mitchell, bring rocky (fwd/mid) to my midfield, put nicnat from ruck to fwd ( and use his 0 as i have clokes 95 on bench as E), get in minson as my second ruck. is it possible??? with the last trade i will get out clisby for a backman under $410K, maybe scotland or blyce the gibb ( god forbid)…..ideas welcome from the community…

12. Joe says:

Ive got Zorko and Staker both in my forward line with $35k and 1 trade left for the round. Looks like its going to be tight in both of my matches should I trade one and if so who would be a good option to get in. Already have Rockliff, Franklin, Bartel, and Martin as my starters.

13. tOM says:

ROCKLIFF FOR CAPTAIN!

14. Willy says:

As many discussion on here are… Pendles 110 isn't enough so who to get Captain out of Garry and Rocky?

Jock we need your wiseness on this one…

15. @hunnydeo says:

Gazz has been injured since round 18…and that is since his scores have been going downhill. Stay away from him.

16. Marty says:

G'day Community,

Had VC on Pendles last night,

Who should I put C on, Ablett, Selwood, Griffen, Stevie J or Rockliff?

Thoughts?

17. Mark says:

GWS have kept some big name players to low scores this year with Mark Whiley given jobs on big players, and his playing this weekend. Think Rockliff will get a bit of attention. But he did score 146 points against them last year, Whiley didnt play tho.

18. bigheavytag says:

righto community here is my dilemma:
    2 trades left. $198,000 in the bank. elimination final.
    Need to trade Hannebery & Ibbo >_<

Option 1) Hannebery -> Selwood & Ibbo -> Goddard
    Option 2) Hannebery -> Griffen & Ibbo -> R.Murphy

Option 1) is the vanilla choice and my opponent has these two. Selwood has been a raging bull lately and Goddard is consistent, but Selwood hasn't scored well against WCE in recent outings.
    Option 2) Griffo & Murphy have a relatively soft 3 games, with Ade, Bris, Mel.

Or open to other suggestions!

19. Alpy says:

Through to the prelim already in all but one league (I think I'll make it through in that one to), with 4 trades left coming into the prelim and grand final. Question is though who do I trade up to out of Selwood, Beams, Swan, Jack or even other ideas (trading up Viney off my bench)? Bearing in mind, I've been looking at my likely opponents and every one of them have at least one or two of them so PODs arnt to much of a factor. Cheers.

20. Nick says:

Hey Jock,
    Selwood, Cotchin or Rockliff as C?
    My opponent has ablett but i'm projected to lose so i need someone else.
    Who????
    Thanks

21. Mark says:

Gday Jock,

Who do you think out of Boomer and Goldstein

22. Dan says:

Cox or Rockliff as captain?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Same question here mate! Have a feeling big Coxy is due for a massive one. Hoping to get an answer from the community first though.

• Dools says:

Agree with you mate,
        Geelong don't have Rucs in the same class
        I was going with Rockcliff due to team they are playing but now i'm switching back to Cox

23. Tez says:

S. Wellingham – FWD/MID. Owned by (1.88% of all teams)

Coming off 100,128 & 96.

Massive POD!!! Currently at full fitness. Wants to be part of the next generation eagles midfield & is starting to show it.

@ $407,300 perfect straight swap for T.Mitchell (Syd)

Can't believe no one has discussed him! Thoughts?

24. Guest says:

Hey Community,
    My opponent has Josh J. Kennedy and i have him as well as N. Riewoldt. I can only play one of them, who should I choose?

25. Tylo says:

Who wil score higher – Watson & T.Mitchell or Priddis & Heppell?

• James says:

priddis & heppell
      t.mitchell is OUT

• Tylo says:

Thanks James but it doesnt matter now. Heraldsun decided to log me out and wont let me sign back in. Would've traded Mitchell to Heppell. Do the pricks realise some people have money riding on their competition. If they're gonna run the thing they should at least make sure people can get access.

• medadsson says:

Bad luck there Tylo … might be telling you how to suck eggs so apologies in advance. I have had similar problems in past with Perthnow Supercoach website. I sign in now via Fox Footy Supercoach website and have never had a problem.

• Tylo says:

Cheers mate I'll give it a try in future. Turned out they did me a favour with Heppell getting injured.

26. BestCoastEagles says:

So glad i have the week off in all my leagues, as Shaw, Dustbin, Cotch & Heppell have kicked my fig bag that hard. Just hope it's a one of bad week. Hope the community is traveling great in week two of the Finals

27. dustbin feltchers says:

how it can all turn to the proverbial…..my opponent had shaws 37, my genius to put him on the bench with the big E has now come undone, thanks to ken stinkley not playing coluquhoon…thanks ken, i now get shaws 37. bloody t mitchmellson omitted and dusty sprungfield martin huge 26 has not helped, hurts even more with clokes 95 on bench… need rocky to smash it as my captain, to beat his captain ablett…winge winge bloody rolling lockout, 30 trades, grizzle grizzle…the ups and down of supercoach!! go the dons

28. Tom H says:

Who to put the C on?
    J.Selwood
    Cox
    Rockliff
    Barlow
    Fyfe

• BestCoastEagles says:

I have gone Cox against the Cats Rucks. I think Selwood will be tagged by his brother. Rocky, Barlow & Fyfe all worthy.

29. ShinbonerSpirit says:

Shocker of a week brewing: Gazza (C), Heppell, McKenzie, Dusty, Cotch. And Sundays are generally worse than Saturdays, so I'll be seeing more of this.

30. Darby says:

heppell is out

31. Daniel says:

Bloody Dustin Martin! With a score like that, I just should have brought in Ricky Henderson this week!

32. Lach says:

Fark, I have all the spuds. Ablett [c] , Heppell, Hartlett, Mckenzie, Shaw, Martin and now Motlop subbed off and cox reported. Guess I'm done with super coach this yr.

33. Jono says:

Wow am I seeing this !!!! Zorko may end up witha score over 100 :o

34. nick says:

think I should win this weekend I have 2077 and he has 1716 he has griffen barlow which I think he wont be playing tomorrow hope he dose and wont do much and also has nick roo cant see him scoreing much tomorrow against Sydney so should be a win for me

35. nick says:

any word on barlow anyone knows if he is going play as there was word he might be hurt and if so the guy I am playing will get bartels score of 111 I am talking about dream team so need to know bit worried on griffen though he might get a massive score against the crows

36. Skintip says:

heppell… check
    hartlett… check
    clisby…check
    shaw… check
    martin… check
    roughy… check
    JJK… check
    mckenzie…check
    hanley… check
    ibbo….check

check…check…check- yep my teams f#kced – my def destroyed

and my lowly opponenet… lets see hmmmm- petrie 162, mayes 125, deledio 143, M Robinson 121, Boak 166, Sokes 135, and fricken Coniglio 120

So SC gods you can seriously go and flower yourself- these finals nothing but luck I tell ya.

37. Skintip says:

If someone can shed some light on SC scoring it wolud help ( Im being faceceous ) but how on Earth does Motlop score 103 in a half of football, but Jelwood has double the disposals, double the goals, was in the action for the whole game and had tackles and marks to boot?

How is it possible SC?

With the amount of money gambled now on SC there must be a court order for CD to release breakdowns of final stats publicly- I mean how can it be legal to gamble on a figure that no-one has the faintest idea how it comes about?

Genuine answers only please.

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

They take into account his impact on the game. He was instrumental in the early destruction of WCE, and when the Cats kept it up after his injury, his score was scaled up accordingly. But I agree, we need to know the formula.

• Jack says:

Hadn't thought of the punting implications previously but I'm with Skintip and Shinboner. A couple times this year players have been given 40 points for a winning goal. With only 3300 points awarded per game, 40 points is more than 1% of total points allocated. Last week saw Essendon get absolutely thumped yet they had 5 players score 100+ and a 97. Despite winning by 10 goals West Coast had only 3 players that tonned up. If points are based on how influential the possession is, surely even a 30 possession game from an Essendon player has had little impact on the result. So are points allocated in a match review panel type set-up or an algorithm of some sort that is used or does an individual adjudge the value? Much like the MRP, there does seem to be inconsistencies.

38. Jason says:

Zorko on the bench with 101. Still have Mundy, Fyfe, JPK and Dangerman yet to play in the mid.

Should I take any of these off and use the emergency loophole to take Zorko's score?

39. jimbotraralgon says:

worst round ever…what a disaster….

knocked out of 8 finals across 2 teams….

read it and weep..

cotch 62
    cannon 55
    heppell 39
    boomer 72
    heater 37
    dusty 25
    gaz sub100 captain
    titch 0

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

I don't think I've seen a worse round in a long time. Add to that the exclusions of Kreuzer, Ibbotson, Clisby, Ricky Hendo, Hanley's injury, Roughie's 60 and Cox's impending suspension.

• jimbotraralgon says:

copped a sub 2000 score…only sub score outside the disaster bye round 13.

round ranking of 100,000…..go me!

40. Joey Joe Joe says:

Cannot believe it… would have to be the worst round ever for popular SC players.

My team is a disaster – unbelievably poor scores from the below and poor-average from the rest:

Shaw
    Cotchin
    Heppell
    Martin
    Hanley
    Kennedy
    Taylor

Trade out Zorko after his terrible year (only for him to get his first ton in months), brought in Cox (minimal impact and reported).

Dammit!

41. nick says:

at the moment ahead by 222 and the guy I am playing has nick roo playing and griffen as long as the swans keep it away from saint forward line I should be going to the perlims

42. Josh says:

Dustin Martin…never again. RFC should toss him out for draft picks.

43. Remy says:

2333. Great round. Very happy with my call of holding Birch and not trading out Kruezer by trusting in Blicavs! Highlights, JPK 136, Selwood 144, D. Pearce 122, Steven 116, Goldstein 124, Mayes 125 (wow!), Swan 129 and Blicavs 115. Other solid performers include Birchall, Goddard, Pendles and Stevie J.

44. nick says:

looks like I won griffen needs to get 70 points in 10 mins so looks like I go to my first prelim so happy

45. PhippsCoastEagles says:

Snuck through by 8 points, into the prelim!! Thankyou Brad Crouch!!!

46. Daniel says:

2264. Had Heppell and JJK on the field, Gazza as Captain and N, Riewoldt and JPK on the bench.

47. JB says:

Backline carnage next round what to do with Hanley / Hartlett / Clisby who to trade?

48. Rocksta says:

I had a bye this week as in prelim but am virtually a forfeit for next week:
    Hartlett, Heppell and Hanley all injured and I have no trades left.
    Will potentially have 2 donuts next week.
    Just goes to show, you simply must have trades all the way up to the GF.
    I only had 2 going into finals and next year rain hail or shine I won't go in with less than 6.The SC Gods have a come knocking at my door!!!!!

49. Tylo says:

Surely people fielding players like Mayes at this stage of the year dont deserve to make a prelim. Funny game sometimes.

50. davidzita1 says:

The awkward moment when my defence emergency Sam Docherty scores more than Gary Ablett.

51. Presidential Debate on NBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS ‘ The presidential
    candidates’ discussion of issues takes place at the University of Denver; Jim Lehrer moderating; analysis to follow.
    The weird thing is, I generally don’t ask for pictures with celebrities I have no personal connection to.
    We placed our orders again, which felt like
    an epic failure at this point, but we proceeded.

My page: awesome Family Guy The Quest For Stuff Cheat