FINAL ROUND DISCUSSION – RD 19

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach by on August 3, 2013 • views: 1135

Your Supercoach Mob

We are underway for the last round of the regular season!

Spuds are on the chopping block, reputations are at stake, and positions in the 2014 AFL Supercoach and AFL Fantasy finals series are up for grabs. Some are also jostling for position for the double chance in their league’s top four.

JR Brumby FC needs a win this week to say in the JR Premier League division in 2014. Higgo needs a win for promotion to Premier League from Divvy 1, so does Mr Crimmins. Vince Gambino has already locked away his spot in the Premier League for 2014. So yes – even the leadership group of our community have the old aggots up there on the block.

And the other member of the leadership team we’re all watching like a hawk is Mick The Mad Irishman. Mad as a three legged horse, genuine as the day is long, a hell of a nice bloke and going for GOLD in the overall rankings. He’s 7th overall – and some scholars have him tagged to win the $50,000 overall prize this season. We love you mate and we’re all behind you.

MAD IRISHMAN UPDATE:

Joel Selwood 103, Todd Goldmember 82, Steve Johnson 106, Jarryd Roughead 67, Trent Cotchin 144, Dustin Martin 109, Clisby 101 (EMERG), Marc Murphy 51, Andrew Walker 85, Matty Kreuzer 72, Dean Cox 149, Gary Ablett 100 (VC), Brent Staker 42, Pearce Hanley 108, Tom Rockliff 166, Bryce Squibbs 73

So how is it playing our for you this weekend? Let’s chew the fat in the comments below.

1. Simmo says:

Was hoping for a big one and getting the jump early by putting the V on selwood last night but the kangas turned up with the shinboner spirit of old stopped any real cats influence at all. If they’d played with that tenacity all year they’d be genuine finals contenders. Looks like its up to GAJ to bring home the bikkies again.

2. Mick says:

Is there truth in the rumour that there is a jock reynolds group in supercoach? Can someone tell me the league code please.

• chilleep says:

There is but I think it's rather exclusive and I never got in. Entry by what your previous score from last years SC. Hopefully im on target for next year. Currently 13,315 of 312,299. Jock ??

3. Fabian says:

Good Luck Mick! Hope ya take it out.
    Had the V on Stevie J. Stickin fat with gazza.

4. Westy says:

Go Mick, you champ

5. UnBeatables 2.0 says:

Been burnt the last few weeks with my choice of C… Should I take boomers 130 or trust Gaz.. Was even thinking a sneaky in O’Keefe against the doggies

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

If you don't have Swan, definitely him. Otherwise, Boomer's 130 is more than great.

• davidzita1 says:

Have to keep a 130, quality score, thought a 120 wan't good last week, went to Pendles, not even triple figures. Have to bank scores of 130+

• BestCoastEagles says:

Rule of thumb 130+ is a keeper, depend on your match situation if you need extra to win the you must push the Envelope. If not keep the 130 from Boomer.

6. Will says:

Hey Jock,
    With Watson Coming back in I have the option to sub him on for one of my midfielders. For this week I’m struggling to determine which to sub off out of cotchin, Tom Mitchell (performing well), Nat Fyfe and JPK .
    Please help. :)

7. throttlefinger says:

Blicavs…thanks for shitting in my mouth

8. ShinbonerSpirit says:

The hardest run-in fixtures in the competition has gotten off to a pretty good start. Great win boys!

• BestCoastEagles says:

Congratulations Shinboner, the Kanga's looked great. Would love to see them make it as i hate the Power & the Blues with a passion.

9. Eefto says:

Needed Taylor and Selwood to go average, they did. Fantastic, a chance to make the league finals

10. @Jacko2128 says:

Which 2 do i put on the field out of:

Murphy, Danger, Titchell, Crouch?

11. Jeremy says:

Do i field Deledio or Tom Mitchell? Have this awful feeling will pull his finger out of his ass and play well if I bench him..

Thoughts?

12. Jack says:

Hi everyone,
    I have to leave out 1 of Goddard, Gibbs, shaw, Heppel, Hanley, Hartlett and Mckenize. Which player should I bench? Ranked 380 so want to get this right! Cheers

13. Tigs says:

Have played the lower teams for the last few weeks and managed with Clisby as D6.
    Still have Goodes on the bench and thinking it may be time to trade. Second on the ladder and can only drop to 3rd.
    Backs are: Shaw, Goddard, McKensie, Houli, Gibbs, Clisby, (Goodes, Webster)
    With $42K bank and 6 trades left, your thoughts please on:
    Heppell – higher Ave/reliability
    Ibbotson – easier finals draw
    R Henderson – recent hot streak/ DPP with Staker
    R Murphy – fairly easy run all/majority at Etihad
    X Richards – save some cash/DPP with Staker (as F7 + Lee F8)

• Tigs says:

Sorry missed a couple and NicNat on field
      Handley – coming back from inj
      Swing Staker to D6 and grab a cheap Rioli as F6 (NicNat and Lee bench)

14. jono says:

Im on the top of the ladder but playing second position. We are neck and neck and it determines who is going to finish on top!!

This week ive traded JJk to Walker and Nicholls to kreuzer.
    Hoping to get beams in soon.

Also wondering how i could make my way into the Jock reynolds leagues for next year

• Jack says:

easiest way appears to be to make a donation .. you then have to work your way up from Divisional to Premier League

15. davidzita1 says:

Gaz, Pendles or Swan for C?

16. davidzita1 says:

NEED SOME HELP!! Priddis is a late out, have T.Mitchell on bench with 3 trades. Do I trade Priddis to premium mid like K.Jack or just put Mitchell on for Priddis????

• dan says:

i have 2 trades left , but i just put mitchell on and priddis on bench , i myself wouldn't
      be wasting trades

17. throttlefinger says:

Cox, you're a beautiful man!

18. throttlefinger says:

Swan or Pendles for Cap?

Leaning towards Swanny, as he has been on a warpath.

19. Jordan101 says:

Don’t want to take gazs 100… Who should I put the captain on out of Pendles, Griffen and Beams?

20. Osh says:

Buddy's consistency is great…

21. Lisa says:

Go Mad Mick, we are all rooting for you :)

22. Osh says:

Could old Sandilands be a could pick up for the finals or is he too much of a injury risk

23. Chris says:

Hey jock, take Tom lees 97 or take the punt on cloke to score higher?

• James says:

Take it. Unless you need a risk to win

• BestCoastEagles says:

Why do you have Cloke in your team then ?????????????????????

• BrianB says:

Too many people looking at last week's scores and bench scores and they panic. We choose premium players for a reason. Messing with this formula is a recipe for egg on the face. Grow some plum's and back Cloke.

24. Favalinko says:

I would take the 97 if its a wet day as predicted. may not be a good day for the big men

25. Balls says:

Burnman Broughton slayed them again. Glad I didn't take the punt on him.

• Bind Freddy says:

Yeah I think Mad Mick has him as well along with Kreuzer and Murphy so sounds like this round may be quite a set back as far as $50K aspirations go.

• BestCoastEagles says:

I would have Zac Dawson before Burnman. Broughton is a certified Lemon and a bitter lemon at that. Sorry Mad Mick !!

26. James says:

I have been playing One of staker and nicholls on the ground through the ryder, rowe switch and has bee going fine untill now. Thinking of trading out staker for Fyfe through Stevie j. Staker has been on the ground (forward) while Nichols has been injured. That Would leave me with two trades and 90,000.
    Thoughts?

• BestCoastEagles says:

Nichols could return this week. Staker to Fyfe is a great move. Without Jonathon Brown i think Staker will cop heaps more attention and Teenwolf is looking menacing for Freo and has a great Finals run home.

27. BestCoastEagles says:

Congratulation's to BRYCE GIBBS on his magnificent achievement of winning for the third year in a row ( A.F.L's award for Best impersonation of a Footballer ) and commiseration to SPUDDY WANKLIN for a gallant effort in running second. Bought to you from The PREMIUM SPUD Company.

• SCaddict says:

Blues had a shocker last night and Mick ripped into them in the post game.

Btw where did burn men Zorko, Jacobs, Murphy and last year's winner Broughton finish in these awards? Surely top 10 contenders. :)

• BestCoastEagles says:

Apparently SCaddict, it was the closest voting in the history of this Coveted Award. They said there were six votes separating the Top 20 places. A special mention did go out to the Zorkonater & Big Sauce. Burnman Broughton was stripped of points for cheating along side Zac Dawson.

• Greg says:

Gibbs need's to start moving he just look's out of sort's

• BrianB says:

Too Funny BCE, thats gold.

• BestCoastEagles says:

Funny but sad BrianB, they are both in my team and they are giving me countless week's of grief.

28. James says:

For everyone who has staker do you think he will get back up to that 100+ mark with browny out?

• BestCoastEagles says:

With The Big King Brown out Staker will cop a lot more attention. I have Staker and he has been nothing but cover for me. I would not trust him starting on the ground week in week out. He is capable of 100+ scores but he is too unreliable for mine.

29. Jay says:

A balancing weekend so far – some sub par scores from Premos – GAJ, Selwood, Cannon and the new muppet in town – Bryce Gibs!! But not too disappointed – that has been evened out by some massive scores by Rocky, Big Cox and Nat Fyfe…..just wished I hadn't put VC on Selwood and C on Ablett….

I took the punt in my Draft League to go with Rocky as C and its paid off handsomely – wish I had shown the same faith in my SC League and put VC on him and C on Pendles – but hopefully will get the League win as well!!

30. Lingerr says:

Beams, Pendles, or Swan for the C? Making the 8 in my main league hinges on this decision.

31. Joe says:

what do u reckon community for a defender ricky henderson, murphy, harlett, or malceski for a defender

32. ShinbonerSpirit says:

I'm not sure what more Duffield needs to start performing. 80+ average in the finals would be nice, for starters.

• Watts says:

Hartlett should defiantly be up there. He has been consistent around the 80-90 mark until recently where he has found some form. He is quite cheap as well.

33. Watto says:

Danger vs Fyfe for staker using Stevie j. Have enough for either. Fyfe the obvious bargain with soft draw and good form. Danger more consistent but coming of an injury.
    Which one should I pick?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Jock would probably say Fyfe. I say Danger. First game back, spent the beginning of the game in the forward line and still cranked out a 111. Great player, and massive ceiling. Bringing consistency into his game this year.

• SCaddict says:

I'd probably go Teen Wolf although there is that worry that he could get rested at some point in the next month.

But I'd still risk that possibility with Freo's easy draw that should see some big scores from their players across the board and the concern that Danger could re-injure that shoulder if he cops another hard knock there.

Although I don't have any SC trades left I'll be bringing in Teen Wolf this week into my DT squad assuming he's named on Thursday.

• Watto says:

Any chance he could be picked up by the gas taggers which are pretty good

• SCaddict says:

He's never played GWS so it's hard to say who the Giants will prioritise out of Mundy, Fyfe, Hill and Barlow for defensive attention. However you shouldn't be picking someone for just 1 game if you intend on going all the way for a flag.

Danger is not a bad selection by any means just giving my opinion on who I'd choose especially considering TW is $75K cheaper which may be useful later in the final series if you have any trades remaining.

You'd hate Danger to cop a hard whack early next week and be subbed out and maybe cotton wooled for the rest of the season. Unlikely perhaps but a risk nonetheless.

• Jim says:

How do u do the thing when u switch Staker with Fyfe using Stevie J. I really don't know how to do it!!!!

• SCaddict says:

Hit the T button on Staker. If you then look at the left panel where all your existing players are listed, next to Stevie J you will see a S button. Just click this and you will now be able to trade in Fyfe for Staker switching Stevie J into your forward line.

Of course this will only work if you have Stevie J in the middle and not already in your forward line.

34. Watto says:

Stevie j in mid
    Staker in forward

Hit trade on staker (takes you to trade wizard)
    Go to the left and sub Stevie j from mid to forward. ( leaves mid slot open)
    Trade in mid

35. davidzita1 says:

Have Gaz, Pendles, Swan, Barlow, JPK, Cotchin and Priddis

Next best mid to bring in? Thinking Kieran Jack or Selwood?

36. Nat 'the Knife' Fyfe says:

My midfield is Ablett, pendles, swan, jelwood, watson, fyfe, JPK, and Priddis._Priddis a concern so who should i trade too ?_Griff,Barlow, Dangerman, Cotch, Jack, Beams?_Taking into account next weeks fixture, who do i trade too?_Thoughts greatly appreciated