FLESH FOR FANTASY – round 19

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on August 1, 2013 • views: 1541

supercoach flesh for fantasy

G’day Community,

Well, this is it. The final round before Supercoach finals begin. For some, it’s a good chance to take a breather before the real stuff begins. While for others, everything comes down to this last round of matches.

A great deal rides on this round for many in the Jock Reynolds’ Fantasy Football community. Peter Higginbotham and myself both face a battle to be promoted to the Jock Reynolds Premier League in season 2014.

Mick the Mad Irishman is right in the hunt for the $50,000, currently sitting 7th overall in Supercoach but importantly is the favorite to win an arguably more coveted prize in the JR Premier League division this season.

Whatever situation you find yourself in, it’s a big week to finalise those teams. Some may have the luxury of a finished team, and now all about holding those trades for finals. Others, however, will need to make changes this week just to ensure top 4 or even finals action.

So, let’s begin.

“GET HIM IN”

DAYNE BEAMS (COLL) MID – $580,100 DT/$635,100 SC
- Next 5 Games: ESS (H), SYD (A), HAW (A), WCE (H), NM (H)
– Recent Scores: 88, 134, 134

Many had Dayne Beams in their starting sides, hoping the tattooed maestro could replicate his 2012 Copeland Trophy winning form. However, after being a late withdrawal vs North Melbourne round 1, he remained out of the side ‘till round 16 v Adelaide. He’s come back with a bang, averaging 32 touches and 118.7 SC points. In his last 2 weeks more importantly, he’s accumulated 34 and 37 disposals.

Dayne is more expensive than most premiums this deep into season, but what you’ll get is value for money. He’s shown us how good he can be, and with many still stuck with a banged up Patrick Dangerfield, Beams could be the ultimate POD – with only 1.78% of coaches owning him. If you’ve got Danger sitting on your bench, or cash in the purse, Beams could be the difference come finals.

KADE SIMPSON (CARL) MID – $439,00 DT/$508,800 SC
- Next 5 Games: FRE (H), WBD (H), RICH (A), ESS (H), PORT (A)
– Recent Scores: 106, 69, 119, 120, 108

If you take out that 69 v Collingwood, Simpson has 6 straight games of 100+ scores (plus 1 score of 99), plus averaging 113. It seems Kade has found the perfect role for him under Mick, and is back to his old consistent scoring self. He’s getting more of the footy as well, collecting 28 touches in his last 3 weeks.

The bearded warrior is a good option for those looking for a premium midfield option, but strapped for cash. To get a consistent 100+ scorer at $500k is somewhat of a bargain. On top of that, like Beams, he’s a great POD, with just 0.77% of coaches owning him. Worth considering if you need a cheap premium.

ANDREW WALKER (CARL) FWD/MID – $396,400 DT/497,800 SC
- Next 5 Games: FRE (H), WBD (H), RICH (A), ESS (H), PORT (A)
– Recent Scores: 75, 108, 91, 109, 114

A popular selection among coaches, Andrew is a must have heading into the finals series. He’s had a break out year under Mick Malthouse, and given the inconsistencies of most forwards, a high scorer who can score big week in, week out is required to succeed. His price is also a factor for consideration too. He’s dropped under $500,000 for the first time since round 4, and with a break even of 86, he’s not going to be this cheap for long.

Last time he played Richmond (Rd 1, 2013) he had 26 touches and 137 SC points. Against Essendon, had 28 touches and 140 SC points. Finally, against Port Adelaide, had 21 touches and 93 SC points. Should you make it that far, they are the sides you’ll play in the SF, PF and GF. Even last week v GCS, Andrew had 25 touches, 13 marks and 114 SC points. As mentioned above, he’s a consistent scorer, and it may be worth sending a Josh Kennedy (WCE) to Walker to ensure you’re not running gauntlet of copping a sub-80 score from Kennedy.

MATTHEW KREUZER (CARL) RUCK – $452,500 DT/$566,700 SC
- Next 5 Games: FRE (H), WBD (H), RICH (A), ESS (H), PORT (A)
– Recent Scores: 111, 136, 107, 139, 140

There’s a Carlton-heavy influence in this week’s Flesh, but it was too hard to ignore the form of Matthew Kreuzer, especially with the ruck conundrum worsening. He’s currently the form ruckman of the competition, with a 5 games average of 126.6. In contrast to the start of the season, his hit out numbers have improved significantly, recording 40, 28, 33, 29, 42. Compare this to the 20, 34, 7, 6, 12 in his first 5 games (missed rounds 4, 5 and 6) and you could say he’s starting to “kreuze” as the season wears on.

If you’re one of the unlucky ones with Nic Nat or Tom Nicholls, you need to trade. Last week I was all for Toddy Goldstein, but this week, I reckon purely based on run’s home, you must consider Matthew Kreuzer. North play GEE, ADEL, ESS, HAW, COLL in the last 5 games of the season, which is significantly tougher than that of Carlton’s. So, if you need a ruckman, Special K is your man. Here is Jock’s take on the Kreuzer scenario this week.

“GET HIM OUT”

PAUL DUFFIELD (FRE) DEF – $323,600 DT/$360,900 SC
- Next 5 Games: CARL (A), GWS (H), MELB (A), PORT (H), STK (A)
– Recent Scores: 71, 79, 49, 51, 76

I’ve been strong on the idea of holding your premiums all year, now it’s time to reconsider that notion. If a player is out of form heading into a finals series, they need to be traded. For Paul Duffield, it’s time to get rid of him. Since he missed a week in round 11, he’s averaged 65.2 and dropped $130,000 in value. So desperate is the situation with Duffield’s form, it should be your number one priority to dump this week.

Prior to that week off, he has hitting disposal counts in the late 20s, even breaking 30+. However since, he hasn’t been anywhere near that, even had 2 consecutive weeks of 10 disposals v Adelaide and Geelong. His form is such a concern I wouldn’t even hold and see if it’ll return v GWS or Melbourne. DUMP.

TOM NICHOLLS (GCS) RUCK – $342,200 DT/$401,900 SC
- Next 5 Games: WCE (A), MELB (H), PORT (A), STK (A), GWS (H)
– Recent Scores: 84, 99, 121, 88, 36

What a revelation Tom Nicholls has been. With all the Nic Nat trouble, Tom has been able to step up and produce some great scores. Many riding his luck were left frustrated on Saturday, when Tom was subbed out early with an aggravated knee injury. While coach Guy McKenna has said he’s been struggling with the injury (I know, right) over the past couple of weeks, this flair up may force Guy to give Tom a rest.

This isn’t good news for 34.81% coaches around the country and trading him out should be a serious option. He’s yielded nearly $300,000 and been the ultimate bench cover when required. At $400,000, he’s now the perfect stepping stone to a premium ruckman and locking in that 2-premium ruck combo come finals. Thanks for everything Tom, but it’s time to part ways…for now.

JOSH J KENNEDY (WCE) FWD – $443,900 DT/$475,500 SC
- Next 5 Games: GCS (H), ESS (A), GEE (H), COLL (A), ADEL (H)
– Recent Scores: 87, 106, 75, 128, 79

The decision to dump Josh Kennedy is purely a strategic one. Given his inconsistency and inability to string 2 100s together, I feel like he’s the type of player that could burn you in a final. But, he could also win you a final. For mine, personally, I would ship him off. He’s at the perfect price to go any of the top forward premiums; Andrew Walker will only cost you $22,000 from JJK.

You also have to factor in the approach West Coast will take here on in. They’ve clearly put the cue in the rack, called stumps for the season, so waiting to see if it’ll impact JJK’s scoring is not a risk I’m willing to take. I think now it the perfect time to turn Josh Kennedy into a Dustin Martin or Andrew Walker and alleviate the worry of Kennedy not turning up when you need him most.

“BREAKING POINT”

– David Mundy (FRE), BE 153
– Will Minson (WBD), BE 129
– Dean Cox (WCE), BE 113
– Josh P Kennedy (SYD), BE 116
– Brett Deledio (RICH), BE 138

“PUB TALK”

Last round of the regular season, so a big thank you for all the questions throughout the year – you’ve made Flesh for Fantasy what it is. Here are the big questions for this week’s action.

mr crimmins tweet 1

ANSWER: Yeah interesting one because he’s due to come back any week now if you hear reports, but we just don’t know when. The uncertainty of when he will return and if he’ll be back to his best is enough questions for me to dump. I’d send him to Beams without hesitation. You don’t want any question marks heading into a big finals campaign. Trade.

mr crimmins tweet 2

ANSWER: Unlike most, including myself, you have the luxury of a sizable bank ready at the disposal. Tom Nicholls has to go, no questions about it. As for whom though, it’s out of Kreuzer and Goldstein, and for mine, I’d go Kreuzer. This is purely based on his run home compared to North’s. It’s considerably easier and with his form at the moment, it would be hard to go past Kreuzer.

mr crimmins tweet 3

ANSWER: Definitely. Hold for one more week and then trade next. Whatever you’re doing is obviously serving you well, given you’re in the top 2000 and first in all your leagues. 6 trades into finals is the dream of many coaches and you hold a significant advantage to everyone else. Next week I’d begin trading and try to get these blokes in – you Johnsons, Swans etc. But yeah, definitely hold if you can, you’re in a bloody good position.

mr crimmins tweet 4

ANSWER: As mentioned by Jock in his video last night, it’s got to be Corey Enright. His consistency has been a shining light in a season where the defenders have failed to fire a shot. He also has an easier run home compared to most defenders around him. Enright for me.

mr crimmins tweet 5

ANSWER: Tough situation. For mine, it really depends who your rucks are. If Nicholls was R2, I’d send Nicholls to a premium and downgrade Swallow to say a Marc Murphy. But if he weren’t, I would send Swallow to a better premium and downgrade Tom to Brodie Grundy. That decision will be based on who your R2 is.

Anyway, good luck in the final round of the regular season. Whether you finish on top, or miss out of finals, the community will still see you as winners. Any last minute questions you have can be posted below, or at @Mr_Crimmins.

Mr Crimmins.

Follow the great Mr Crimmins on Twitter

1. Victor says:

Hey guys, with 3 trades left I have 119k in the bank and have Goodes and Nicholls on the field. Should I keep Nicholls? He is my R2. Also, who should I trade out Goodes for? Thanks

• JS7 says:

Hold trades until next week when finals start if possible.

• micki S says:

Adam or Brett Goodes?

• throttlefinger says:

Do you have covers for both? If not, Kreuze for Nicholls. Been putting up HUGE numbers and have a nice finals fun. Plus, Blues still in hunt for finals so he's not going anywhere. As Mr. C and Jock suggested, Corey Enright is a solid choice to replace Goodes. Didn't do the math but believe you could have enough to get both.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Nicholls has to go, send him to Kreuzer for mine. As for Goodes, I would either trade him to Enright, or possibly hold and use as a captain's loophole come finals if you've got him sitting on the bench

• Victor says:

I don't have enough cash to upgrade Nicholls to Kreuzer, however I can trade Goodes to Dixon and Nicholls to Minson. Are those good trades?

2. BigJanks says:

I would argue not to waste a trade on Kennedy. While I understand the point that he is inconsistent and in most teams, at this stage of the season I think the majority of people only have 3-5 trades remaining. Why risk trading someone who will at least get you 75 and could get you 130? Furthermore, he is in the race for the Coleman. If West Coast season is well and truly over, I could see them trying to force the ball in to Kennedy in order to help him achieve this milestone.

Unless you have 6+ trades, hold on to Kennedy and save your trades for injured players or proper upgrades.

• jas says:

he should slaughter GCS this week too at Subi – hold

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Very true my young son. All depends on the trades, and I suppose I was writing about JJK in the perspective of someone still able to trade. If you've only got 2-3 trades, you'd leave Kennedy, but in terms of his run home – playing Ess, Coll and Geelong doesn't fill me with confidence.

• BigJanks says:

Totally agree. If you have a lot of trades left, then this is certainly an option. However, I'd hold off this week as GCS in Perth should be ripe for JJK. Once the finals start, then trade fpr a gun Fwd/Mid or Fwd/Ruck dual player.

• BigJanks says:

I lost my elimination final due to a 45 to Kennedy. That's what I get for not listening to @Mr_Crimmins !

3. JS7 says:

Hey Jock,

I love you.

4. @Jacko2128 says:

Got duffield on bench with staker on field in defense, jacobs and roughy in ruck with nicholls on bench, and danger on bench with crouch/tom mitchell. Do I :

A. Hold for an easy win this week putting me in top 4 probably?

B. Downgrade/upgrade duffield?

C. Downgrade crouch/ mitchell for someone?

D. Use crimmos idea of danger to beams completing midfield?

E. Upgrade Nicholls/Jacobs to Kreuzer?

5 trades and 190k left!

5. JJJ says:

Hi Jock,

Goldstein ($536,500) is worth a look considering he is cheaper than Kreuzer. He has a tougher run home, but I would be worried considering his form against the top 8: (121 v Coll, 105 v Geel, 110 v Syd, 119 v Haw, 132 v Port, 104 v Freo, 131 v Rich).

• James says:

I would strongly consider Will Minson @ $531,300

Dream Finals Run: Carlton, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne – my mouth is watering having Big Will in the GF vs Melbourne.

• JJJ says:

I wouldn't be worried about Goldy*

Sorry about that mistake.

• BestCoastEagles says:

Kreuz or Big Will. Goldy got a 150+ against who last week that's right Melbourne. The week before he cost the Chokaroos in the last quarter when Kreuzer ran over the top of him. Goldy is class but i think he is going to suffer a little considering he is one of the player's with the least interchanges in the League.

6. EDM says:

Jock / Mr Crimmins, I see the advice that you think Enright is the best Defender for the rest of the season. What about the possibility of him being rested given Geelong's history of doing that in the leadup to finals? Especially in the SC GF vs Brisbane.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

I don't reckon he'd be rested honestly. No way Scott would risk form by resting their guns in the last round. They can sub if they really want to rest him. Depends how cocky the Cats are feeling, but reckon they won't flirt with danger by resting

• Jock says:

Yeah he had a rest a couple weeks ago as well I reckon hell play through

7. Warriors says:

One man: Cyril Rioli.

Only worth $426,100 and the best part is he is only owned in 4.66% of teams.

First five games of the year: 114, 120, 82, 115 and 124.

Cyril is healthy now and is looking 'delicious' for the finals.

8. Rippers says:

Still think the Henderson boys (Lachie & Ricky) are both worth a look especially with their DPP.

• Favalinko says:

I agree Ripper brought in R Henderson last week. He will come home strong with Jenkins out and doubts on Mc Kernan. He is a great POD and plays the Dees and Dogs in S/C finals. Also he is a good swing man with Staker. Ticks all the boxes IMO

9. jake the snake says:

So.. to the issue at hand…I'm heading off overseas this Monday for the next five weeks and will have very limited access to the ole intawebnet.com.. I'm on top of my league only by % with one trade left and 28k in the bank.

Basically, I'm looking to make the last trade this week, set the team up as best I can and pray to the SC gods that I can take the crown.

BACKS: goddard, gibbs, taylor, Ibbo, shaw, staker ( terlich , lester)

MIDS: gablett, pendles, swanny, jelwood, kennedy, kornes, s. mitchell, t mitchell ( k. mitchell k.martin)

RUCK: cox, nicolls (blicaves daws)

FWDS: walker, d.martin, bartel, westhoff, kennedy, harvey (stokes, daniher)

so…, two questions:

1. Do you think Blicaves will play the next few weeks and be able to cover Nicolls for the finals?

2. One last trade… who to trade out and get in?

My thought so far (given my 28k in the bank ) is to trade Nicolls to the Mumford and sons..

Appreciate any help community

• Favalinko says:

Would go N Vardy for Daws. Blicaves does not play Vardy will and Nicholls should play in a week or 2. All bases covered

• throttlefinger says:

Agree with Favalinko. Vardy would be good emergency insurance in case Blicavs or Cox get hurt/rested. Blicavs has only been omitted for rest not injury. So pretty reliable all season.

10. @MRB37 says:

I reckon Dangerfield will be named this afternoon with Sloane now an out. He'll probably play the majority of the game up forward (especially with Jenkins out now), but that'll mean all you Crouch owners should probably rejoice as he'll be in there at every bounce and stoppage.

11. ShinbonerSpirit says:

Great article Mr Crimmins! I hate to disagree, but I think if anyone is currently without Swanny… BRING HIM IN!

He completely mauls Essendon, then takes a p*ss on their remains! Look at this: his last five scores against the Bombers have been 126, 175, 180, 176, 106. That's an average of 153 spread over four years!

• throttlefinger says:

Agree with the Shin. Looped Swan last week and he basically saved me a loss. Between he and Stevie J, I would definitely get Swan in. His value will only be going upwards.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Yeah I agree totally. Was going to bring him this week if I wasn't dumping Josh Kennedy. He's points and could win a final, as you said

12. Ryan says:

7 Trades Left, 125k. Coming 500th overall.

I want to do 4 final upgrades with my trades, the other 3 are downgrades (to get more cash). Not sure what to do this week.

DEF: Brent Staker? The only real weak link as my D6. I'm leaning towards keeping him and trading him in the finals.

MID: I want to bring Beams in, but I'm thinking of doing it during finals for Priddis. I have Dangerfield on my bench and I'm not sure about trading him, Priddis hardly gets the 130+ scores.

FWD: Likely to make my trades here. I have:
    Bartel, Rockliff, Kennedy, Cloke, Stokes, Ryder with Mayes & Daniher on the bench.
    To me it seems pretty weak. Who would you lose out of the first 6? I'm thinking Stokes, but for who? Stevie J is quite pricey and Rioli could be a risk. Also who to downgrade for Mayes?

Thanks

• PWL says:

Great position to be in Ryan!

I'd sell Mayes for X Richards and use the cash to upgrade D7/8 moving Staker into a swinging bench cover role with the forward/back line (Daniher not a great cover and no good cheap FWD for that either).

With 7 trades left Danger to Beams is an easy call, both POD's but Beams is 100% fit, Priddis will likely outscore Danger for the rest of the season too if they play Danger in a FWD role with Jenkins out.

Lastly, Stokes and Cloke would both go for me, both have only 6×100+ this year, both have 6x<80 Stevie J is worth the $$ and Cyril has 5×100+ from 8 games (taking out the game he was sub)

Good luck chasing the 50k!!!

• BestCoastEagles says:

Keep an Eye on Jobe Watson in the next few weeks as he will drop 70k to 440.000. I am swapping Priddis to Watson then. You will tell this week if he is worried about his shoulder or not. If you are going to do the Dangerman to Beams i would do it this week as Danger is going to drop 30K. But you will kick yourself if Danger bangs a 130+. Look after your Back's if you think you have problem's there.

13. Jimmy says:

Who should I get rid of NIC NAT or NICHOLLS?

Nic nats 50k more so should I go him

• throttlefinger says:

Chances are greater that Nicholls comes back before NicNat does. WC has the big man listed on injury list as "indefinite". Nicholls could be back next week…although you never know with knee injuries. Read on GC's site earlier in week that he might make lineup this week (but didn't). Point being it's not super serious.

• BestCoastEagles says:

Nic Nat has gone for the year. Nicholls should return next week.

14. Charlie says:

Griffen or Barlow??
    BTW Im using DT and Barlows average is 108.5 and Griffens is 108.6

• Charlie says:

Don't need any suggestion anymore because Hanleys back :P

• throttlefinger says:

Tough call. Griffen didn't look good last week and Barlow hasn't popped 120+ since his injury. Would go with Barlow. Freo has better finals run and Griffen doesn't put up the big numbers when Boyd is not on the field.

• Charlie says:

Doesn't matter anymore, can get Beams because Hanley is playing. Thanks for the suggestion, might do the trade next week.

15. Rukshan says:

Trading:
    Pyke –> Stevie J
    BLiclavs –> Grundy (on bench)
    and moved nic nat into ruck

thoughts?

• BestCoastEagles says:

Stevie J move great !! I would maybe look at flicking Nic Nat as he is cooked have heard from people at West Coast that he is finished for the year

• Rukshan says:

revised:
      nic nat to johnson
      bliclavs to grundy

?????????????????????

• BestCoastEagles says:

Nic Nat to Stevie J a must. Depends do you need the cash with the other if not i would keep Blicavs as i am not sure about Grundy's job security.

16. Berto says:

I want to spend up on Beams, so that's obviously going to use a heap of funds. Do you think Vardy will get some game time? Nicholls out Vardy in. Pridis out Beams in.

• throttlefinger says:

Vardy is playing this week. Was Nicholls your R2 or reserve? Would caution because Nicholls will come back. That said, if you need the boost, Beams for Priddis is an excellent upgrade.

17. Charlie says:

Guess who's back
    back again
    Hanley's back
    tell a friend

18. James says:

Hey Mr Crimmins and Community,

Was going to trade Hanley to McKenzie before Hanley was included so now have a few more options. So then,

How does a Nicholls to Kreuzer trade sound?

Secondly, which trade should I do if any for my last trade this round:
    1. Duffield to Trent McKenzie
    2. Crouch to Dayne Beams

Currently 6 trades left and $470,200 before these trades.

Cheers

• James says:

Anyone?

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

I would go Nicholls to Kreuzer, no worries there.
      Next depends on if you're playing Crouch on field or not. If you are, dump for Beams. If he's just bench cover, I'd go Duffield out for McKenzie.

Priority should be Crouch then Duffield if Crouch on field, or Duffield then Crouch if BC on bench

19. medadsson says:

What kind of a broken hand did Hanley have? I am Pearced off big time. Cost me a trade!!!

20. luke says:

Hi jock and community!
    My team prior to round 19 is:

Trades Left: 4 || Remaining Salary Cap: $48, 200

Defense:
    Goddard, Hartlett, Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley (Clisby, Frost)

Midfield:
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Priddis, Fyfe (Mitchell, Hrovat)

Ruck:
    Minson, Nicholls (Mcbean, Currie)

Forward:
    Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Franklin, Kennedy, Martin (Staker, Daniher)

With only 4 trades left, and 1 week left till finals, I am too reluctant to make a trade this week, but with my team pulling up another injury (Nicholls), I have dazed and am lost. With no clue what to do this week, I desperately need some help and advice. With no valid ruck coverage to cover for Nicholls, I am not sure if I should trade him out or not. To me, the most logical decision is to swing cox into the ruck via Mcbean, and put Staker off the bench into my forward. This will save me trades and cover for Nicholls until he returns from injury. If there are any other smarter moves to make, please let me know and suggest anything else in other areas of my team if possible.

Thanks in advance,
    luke

• Sun Man says:

like it mate, staker was in good form 1 par score last week but, he should hit back and your saving trades

• BestCoastEagles says:

You got it covered with Cox and Staker. Save the trades for final's. There is a great chance that Nicholls will return next week.

21. Kewgie says:

Nicholls injury causes me some grief. Was my 2nd ruck. I only have 3 trades which I want for finals. I have Cox in my fwd line, I have the ability to swap him into the ruck, which would mean I have Macaffer or Lee on field. Or put Witts on field after his 116.
    Macaffer?
    Lee?
    Witts?
    Burn a trade and get someone awesome?

• BestCoastEagles says:

Save you trades swing Cox up and toss a coin between Macaffer and Lee. If it was me i would go Lee.

22. throttlefinger says:

Think your first thought is your best. Are you for sure in finals? If so, the Staker-Cox move makes the most sense.

23. Sun Man says:

Cheers Jock Much Appreciated really love your work currently in the top 100 thanks to your help!

24. @Jacko2128 says:

Trading mayes in forwards to use staker swing. Then trading Kreuzer in for nicholls.

This leaves me with 3 trades and 300K to upgrade duffield next week. ( Last Upgrade) And significant bench cover through all posi's.

Good Trades??

25. Nic says:

My team with 8 trades and $190k

Defense:
    Goddard, Ellis, Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Malceski (Clisby, Thurlow)

Midfield:
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Stanton, Montagna, Barlow, Jack (Hutchinson, Hrovat)

Ruck:
    Kreuzer, Roughead (Blicavs, Nicholls)

Forward:
    N Riewoldt, Bartel, Rockliff, SJ, Kennedy, Martin (S Rowe, Daniher)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, deciding on the following trades:

Stanton/Montagna to Beams/Jelwood
    or
    Malceski/Riewoldt to R Henderson/J Lewis
    or
    Stanton/Riewoldt to Beams/Henderson

Any other thoughts?

26. MATT says:

thinking of picking T.mitchell over fyfe this week thoughts

• BestCoastEagles says:

Could work considering there games. I think Fyfe has a better chance of smacking 150 than Mitchell does.

• SCannonymous says:

I agree with Best Coast Eagles. Play Fyfe. T.Mitchell named on the bench and the Swans with a few ins.

• SCaddict says:

Can you use the emergency loophole or is your M10 playing?

• MATT says:

yeah M10 is playing which sucks it would be really good if one wasn't playing so I could use the loophole. im thinking fyfe will be tagged and unlikely to break a 100 but t.mitchell is playing bulldogs and im thinking he should get some easy ball. what does everyone reckon.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Playing Carlton, Fyfe loves beating up on poor sides, will kill it

• MATT says:

thank god I didn't pick t.mitchell over fyfe

27. Liam says:

What to do with A.Swallow?
    My midfield currently is: GAJ, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Mundy, Fyfe, J.Selwood, A.Swallow(T.Mitchell, Crouch)
    Thinking of bringing in Beams, K.Jack or ROK. Would like to know who u think is the best option out of these 3 or is there any other mid that is a better option.
    Thanks.

28. Remy says:

Hello community could Steven Motlop be the ultimate POD come finals time? Priced at 370k…… Worth a look?
    I have to get rid of Sam Mayes pretty soon as he will be bleeding cash…..

29. Josh says:

Nicholls out, Cox to rucks, Dustin Martin or Andrew Walker!? $200 bucks split em.

• alec says:

dustin martin for me mate

• BestCoastEagles says:

Dusty average for last 4 weeks is108.5 in bracket's are the teams he has left and his average against opponent (Hawk 93.67, Bris 113.75, Car 78.28 & GWS, 99) A. Walker 105.5 (Freo 103.4, W.B 70.25, Rich 94.57 & Ess 78.22 ). Hope this help's you out Josh.

30. alec says:

i have 4 trades left and i have nicholls, nicnat and jacobs and dud for my rucks… who should i trade out of nicholls and nicnat?

31. alec says:

ben mcevoy or dean cox?

32. Scott says:

hello community i have brett goodes and nicholls to trade. Do you think
    a: Trade goodes for Thompson (Nth) or COrey Enright, McKenzie (GCS) or lachie henderson
    a: Natanui for Cyril Rioli

Or

b: Goodes for Hamish Hartet and natanui for walker or martin etc

Any help would be great. Thanks

33. Bruds says:

Nic nat out! so… feel as though i need to use one of my 2 remaining trades
    Option one: Trade in kreuzer/goldstein – leaning toward kruze on finals run
    Option two: Move cox into ruck and trade in walker/bartel/franklin – walker on previous score vs teams he is playing in finals
    Advice/input would be much appreciated! (Placed 2,1,4,2,3 in my 5 leagues Ranked 13,671 if that helps you understand my position)

34. SCannonymous says:

I'd be inclined to move Cox into the rucks and take one of Walker, Bartel or Franklin. My justification for this would be that with Nic Nat out Cox will get a lot of ruck time and I can't see him performing as poorly as he did last week (we know he can get his 100's), but you'd hope you can replace him with a forward who will score 100+ each week. Bartel is the most consistent of the group mentioned and has had his rest leading up to finals, so you should be safe there. Whether you consider Walker or Franklin might depend on who your main opponent has in the league that means the most to you. If your overall ranking is not the primary issue and top four is assured, perhaps hold for another week and review (it would depend on your depth and other injuries – what would another premium injury this week do to your team). Weigh up the possibilities and go with your gut. Good luck Bruds.

35. pieofgod says:

Stoked community!!!got into work early this morning to see a better INS&OUTS for the round than i dared dream of.
    The SC Gods are a smiling….As a great man once said, "never drop your bundle!!!!!"

36. Demnin says:

Hi all,
    Who should i put as captain this week?

Swan, Ablett or Johnson?

37. Gilly says:

Have 6 trades and 42k. Have been playing Nicholls as 2nd ruck with Minson, Witts and Jacobs with Roughie forward. Thinking trade Jacobs to Mcbean to give ruck forward swing and put Witts on the ground this week as I don’t think I can move anywhere on the ladder. If Nicholls back next week can put back on ground if not use cash from Jacobs trade and downgrade Nicholls swing Roughie and upgrade some mids. Any thoughts??

• BestCoastEagles says:

With 6 trades left you have the freedom Gilly. Nicholls should be back next week so any cash generation for future trades is a winner Spud Jacobs to McBean is a great start. As long as you have good coverage on each line. What a dream 6 trades left i have had too much carnage in the last month down to two trades. Good Luck Gilly.

• Gilly says:

Cheers Best Coast I appreciate your thoughts. Jacobs has been given his marching orders. If it makes you feel any better one of my mates ran out of trades 2 weeks ago. Good luck to you as well

38. toonking says:

qik 1 community – what happens if you pick 2 emergencies on the one line? How does it determine which emergency gets used first?

• toonking says:

got it lowest scoring emergency is used not including zeros

• BestCoastEagles says:

Toonking spot on, with the rolling lockout's you can adjust your Emergencies for late out's i only ever set 1 emergency per line. I got caught earlier in the year with the same situation.

39. Carl says:

I only have 330k to get a FWD. Wellingham or White (SYD)?

40. spinnerau1 says:

hello community!

Well its been a wild ride….Firstly thanks to everyone that has give me advice and guidance!

Now….Im currently sitting 4th…..i cant rise any higher and losing this week will see me drop to no lower than 7th. I'd love to finish 4th to improve my chances of a cash win in my league!

def: goddard heppell shaw gibbs mckenzie staker (clisby sierakowski)
    mid: abblet pendles swan selwood barlow bartel fyfe crouch (mitchell hrovat)
    ruck: mison leuenberger (rowe currie)
    for: cox roughead kennedy(wce) franklin johnson tippett (lee oxley)

4 trades left, $105,800 in the kitty)

major worry is cox/kennedy….. both scoring poorly. BUT against GCS this week im thinking they will cut lose. Do i hold my trades of drop one for a walker or martin?

41. John says:

I am 9th in each of my leagues, with the option of finishing 8th in one and as high as 3rd in the other if everything goes my way. This is my team:

DEF: goddard, Thompson, Gibbs, Mckenzie, Staker, Goodes (Clisby, Thurlow)
    MID: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Selwood, Fyfe, Danger, Kennedy, Cotchin (Mitchell, Mayes)
    RUCKS: Maric, Goldstein (Nicholls, Currie)
    FOR: N Riewoldt, Kennedy, Martin, Franklin, Tippett, Naitanui (Lee, Burbury)

I have 2 trades left, Was going to get rid of Goodes for hibberd or Malceski, not sure if I should trade Nicholls or if I should keep both trades and hope for the best.

Any advice would be great.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

You got to trade, get to finals and go from there. Depends on how much cash you got, but Goodes has to go. In way of defenders, considered Dyson Heppell? 95 average, premium consistent defender.

Hold Nicholls, keep that last trade in case you need it

42. Jack says:

WANTED: help!!!! Keep or trade J Kennedy (Sydney) or T Mitchell? I don't think Kennedy's form has dropped off, he's just been hand-balling a lot more. Mitchell is scoring better but is named as an emergency on the extended bench every week and I'm worried he may get rested during the finals. All thoughts and comments will be much appreciated.

• jjdoesmusic says:

hold onto them

• SCaddict says:

Certainly hold both for at least 1 more week as they should both beat up on the Doggies this Sunday.

Titch is playing too well and is too important to rest as the Swans will likely have to battle it all the way out til round 23 to secure a top 4 pozzie, let alone a top 2 spot and double home final.

He's only named on the bench each week because the Swans midfield is too deep to fit them all on the field!

• Sully321 says:

Hold

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Hold Mitchell, they won't rest him in finals. But keep an eye one, if he scores poorly, consider dumping. Sydney won't risk taking an underperforming mid into finals. Killing it now, but be weary

• Super_Freak says:

Definately hold.

43. jjdoesmusic says:

Why is no one talking up Bob Murphy?, i just traded him into my backline, my smokey for the finals…
    I have 1 trade and 30k left, any thoughts what i should do with it?
    My team is –
    (Backline) – goddard, gibbs, heppell, shaw, murphy, ibbotsson. Bench – staker, sierakowski
    (Midfield) ablett, pendlebury, griffen, swan, barlow, fyfe, dangerfield, s.mtichell. Bench – t.mitchell, kerridge
    (Rucks) cox, roughhead. Bench – blicavs, nichols
    (Forwards) walker, bartel, martin, kennedy, franklin, johnson. Bench – ryder, daniher

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

I looked at Bob Muphy for this week's Flesh, his consistency worries me but does play Dees in the GF which is something to note…

I would hold that trade for 1 more week. Keep for finals, your team looks pretty set and last thing you want to do is waste a trade this week and have a key out the next

• Super_Freak says:

He is a great POD. I have steered clear of him in recent years cause of injury troubles, but looks to be a great def option if he stays fit.

Your side looks really solid. I would hold your other trade for now.

44. jacko10987 says:

what to do with Duffield?

• jacko10987 says:

Enright or TAylor?

• SCaddict says:

I would just hang on to him unless you have more than 4 trades left. Freo have a great remaining draw so his scores will likely improve.

It's a tough one though as he hasn't registered a ton since round 9 so if you were going to make a move I'd bring in Enright with the better consistency rating.

45. Mike says:

Who's more likely to play again this season nic nat or nicholls? only 3 trades left need to win this week to make finals

46. Sully321 says:

Hey mr. Crimmins and community,
    I've got 4 trades and $1,900
    My rucks the problem this week got Nicholls, Nic nat, ( also got cox and roughy)
    Leaves me with Jacobs, gawn and Rowe (if i swap NN Into the fwd line)

What should I do hold? Trade? If do who to?

Any help would be appreciated

47. Tylo says:

Who should I field at D6 – Ibbo or Staker or upgrade Sumner to R.Henderson and swing him back?
    Got 4 trades left and more concerned with overall ranking than finals.

48. @Mr_Crimmins says:

Get Ricky Henderson for mine, Ibbo seems a flash in the pan

49. AKC says:

Got both Nicholls and Nic Nat with no bench coverage.. is there any chance either of them are coming back and i can hold off a trade?
    Thinking of trading in Matty Kruzer

Will 4 trades be enough to get me through finals!?

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

To be honest, I don't see either one getting back. Nic Nat looks cooked, and the Suns may not risk forcing Nicholls to play on with a dodgy knee.

I would trade if I were you, and Kreuzer is definitely the go to option right now, the form ruckman in my eyes.

4 will be more than enough heading in, about the right number – gives you flexibility in chance of possible restings

• Super_Freak says:

Agree with Mr Crimmins. I have both on the bench atm, without the luxury of being able to trade them. Fortunately I could swap roughy and cox to ruck and have Staker to cover atm.

50. Pete says:

Time to tag Ricky Henderson i recon

It will complete a year of DT pain in the backline perfectly!

51. CDA says:

Hi all,
    Have got swallow on the field and am desperately looking at someone to replace him, and have two players in mind that i cant choose between.

I can do a straight swap to Marc Murphy and net 60k, or i can go nathan fyfe but that means i will have to downgrade nic nat in the process (which ill have to anyway if i dont trade him to a premo). Also, by getting fyfe it will cost me 90k more and that may affect future trades if im hit with injuries.

Got 6 trades left and no cash in the bank.

• Tylo says:

With 6 trades left, get the best player you can, should have plenty of coin left over for future trades.

• CDA says:

yeah i see what you mean so i may just go with fyfe, just a bit cautious with the fact that i also have nicholls aswell and am a little afraid that he may have to go in the coming weeks.

52. Sully321 says:

Stevie j or selwood for captains loophole

53. alec says:

i need a ruck below 476,000 to trade in for nicnat replacement… suggestions?

54. davidzita1 says:

What score from Stevie J should I settle for and not use loophole? Have Ablett, Pendles and Swan in team

55. davidzita1 says:

In need of some big help community, Gaz, Swan or Pendles for C?