POLL – Which ruck should we pluck?

Filed in AFL Supercoach poll, Supercoach by on July 29, 2013 • views: 1702

3 burning Supercoach Dt questions.

With Nic Nat and now Tommy Nichols going arse over rucks are a big talking point this week.

We went through all of the options in last night’s podcast (subscribe here on iTunes) and weighed up the pros and cons of our different options.

So this week – forget the money – if you had a choice of any one of these blokes which would you snaffle? Looking forward to the discussion in the comments below.

HUGE week for league players!

Which ruck will average most in SC for the rest of the season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Smittzzy says:

Krueze man for me Jock. picked him start of the year and smashed it till he became injury plagued. A ruck that will give you very highscores.

Highly touted as a natural athlete and i think Kruze is the new Cox for years to come.

2. Nic says:

Kreuze has averaged 120+ since I picked him up… Superstar.

3. FrontPocket says:

So, yeah, I've got Nic Nat on the bench and Nicholls and Jacobs on the paddock. Gawn on the bench, and he outscored Nicholls and Jacobs combined…

Wished I'd saved more trades for the pointy end.

4. @MRB37 says:

Kruez or Goldstein seem the obvious choices. Now that Nicholls is injured i'm back stuck with Jacobs and Maric.

• Jack says:

Same for me .. got Cox and Rowe as Forward swingers but Cox has been on the slide too. Picking Maric a few weeks back hasn't turned out too well so far but unlikely to be fixed due to delicate trade position.

5. James says:

Matthew Kreuzer – projected 3 round average: 123.

6. JS7 says:

Hey Jock you bloody ledgend,

What are your thoughts on Nathan Vardy in for Nicholls or Simpson to free up some cash? Averaging 78 with a big score of 125 on the weekend after Simpson went down. Reasonably priced at $277,700

Thanks.

• JS7 says:

Legend* sorry about that Jock!

• SCannonymous says:

Wait for the teams to be announced, if they bring in a preferred ruck option and Vardy gets little ruck time then perhaps not, but if Vardy looks like playing most of the game in the ruck, he should be a good option I believe.

7. Rocksta says:

Kruez is the better athlete/footballer but Goldy just keeps racking up the points due to the shear volume of hit outs.
    I've had Goldy all year and definitely no regrets.
    It would have to be out of him and Minson for All Australian Ruck, surely?

8. Lekdog says:

I will be swinging cox into ruck (with roughead) downgrading nichols into grundie and nicnat will become stevey j

9. Devilz says:

How about downgrade option – Josh Hall (GC) around 140k has played 2 games and was dropped for Charlie Dixon. He should come back in for Nicholls. Extra 30k compared to Brodie Grundy however Hall may play out the season so will be stronger coverage just incase someone breaks down.

• Dave2008 says:

I was thinking the same as the pies will surely want jolly back in 3 weeks if hes fit? Grundy witts Hudson too much of a rotation risk for me. Halls js or match time threatened by Gorringe? I guess the teams will tell the tale.

10. Coxy says:

Rucks are:

D. Cox T.Nicholls (injured) D.Simpson (injured) S.Rowe. With 3 trades and $161,000.

11. big fella says:

My rucks are a mess, with McEvoy and Jacobs, and Daw on the bench.. but only three trades left so will have to stick it out

• Joey Joe Joe says:

Trades are there to be used… and are needed to succeed in finals… Most have less trades available that you do.

Ditch the big sauce ASAP – terrible season only getting worse by the week. Might as well have a Gorringe or Grundy on the field and make some cash.

12. pieofgod says:

Hey community…
    im in a little trouble…
    one trade remains…..gonna have to wait on hanley + danger…in hind sight it would have been great to wait on jobe too.

so nicholls and nic nat likely both cactus for the year….do i wait with my 1 trade….do i pull the trigger? and if so who to who? got $12'000 in the bank….5th on the ladder and solid to go deep in league finals….only averaging 2'100 for the year.

learning a lot about holding onto trades to keep you alive at the pointy end……surely this is a particularly nasty run with injuries though…ive lost count of em

my thanks in advance

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there pie.

Mate I was just settling down with a glass of bonox and had a spasm in my neck. Usually indicates a community member distress call so here I am on the computer and here you are.

Yes. Trade discipline is everything old mate. It is a balancing act. All the trades in China are not much good to you if your 13th at this stage of the season but it is a fine art.

You're 5th. Not sure what your prospects are of wedging up into 4th and getting the double chance? If you were no chance of getting 4th, and will finish safely in the 8 after a loss this week I'd have no hesitation in recommending you HOLD that trade for the week.

Even if you were a 50/50 for a win that would get you 4th.. would still likely say hold.

• Dolls_87 says:

Yup, what the Great Man said. Top shelf Jock.

13. SCannonymous says:

How long has J.Grimes been tagging for? I've had him for 2 weeks for very poor returns (a silly trade that might cost me a spot in the 8!).

• Jeremy says:

He's only ever done it the last two weeks. He's done it quite well too, quelling Rich and Wells' influences. As a Demons supporter, I'm happy with the move, and i believe Neil Craig will stick with it…. Sorry mate

14. JJFYZZ says:

So with 2 trades left the R2 has gone down lame (Well to be fair, R1 ia Massive so Nicholls score output has been R1 worthy)

Thank Higgo for the fwd/ruck swing! He's been belting out this advice all year and it's now coming in to play for me and will save a trade because of it. Only 2 left!

This week I'll swing Rowe forward and Roughy in to the rucks. Blivacs will get the E (he should be all rested up). I haven't looked at the draw yet but may even try and play the ruck loophole with Massive. His score output has been atrocious!

15. repsac says:

I think Chris Bryan or Romano Negri

16. Shannon says:

Any love for the Mumford??? I could save a trade by trading Nicholls for the Mummy and use it to stock my midfield. Still have 4 trades and would like to have a few in the barrell for finals.

• Joey Joe Joe says:

Mummy = mummified for 2013. Don't get sucked in by one ton…

Grundy could be the man if you have 4 trades… Can rectify if Jolly comes back in next 3 weeks.

17. Jason Rose says:

The equation is simple: 4 trades left, $49k in bank, rucks are Kreuzer, Nicholls, (Rowe, Currie).

Pretty safely locked up second spot in both my leagues.

To replace Nicholls in the ruck I would need to use 2 trades – also downgrading Rowe in the process.

On the one hand I think there is a big difference between going into finals with 4 trades as opposed to 2.

On the other it would be good to upgrade Nicholls to Minson or Goldstein to round out my team. And now Nicholls is injured to boot, which makes an upgrade more tempting!

Help!

• FrontPocket says:

If you've got 2nd spot locked away then definitely hold your trades. Having Rowe as your 2nd ruck, even though he's not scoring highly (other than to tonne in Rd 16) or consistently, it would even be worth risking a doughnut in order to save the trades for finals.

Better to lose your last minor round game and win your first final than the other way around.

I reckon anyway.

• Joey Joe Joe says:

1 trade – Nicholls to Zac Smith – and you will get the same average points without any need for two trades… Smith very capable of cracking the ton and Freo have an easy run home over finals…

18. Dan says:

Whats the go with Maric he looks like a lame clydesdale. Should i hold and hope scores of 80ish will be enough? Just went nic nat to rocky and sick of using last trades on these blokes.

19. Purple Haze says:

Hey Community, need some help!

i have 4 trades..
    I have the injured swallow and nicholls and i figure swallow is a must get out for another solid premium. but he has dropped over the past few weeks, which has brought him down to 446k. and i only have 71k in the bank. but i was thinking that i could maybe downgrade nicholls since hes injured or even daw to get the money for a solid premium. thoughts?

this is my current team:

Back- Goddard, Shaw, Heppell, Duffield, Ibbotson and Hanley (Clisby, Coloquhon)

Mid- Ablett, Pendlebury, Griffen, Barlow, Kennedy, Cotchin, Swallow and T.Mitchell (Hrovat, K.Martin)

Ruck- Minson, Nicholls (Rowe, Dawe)

Fwd- Walker, Cox, Kennedy, Buddy, Ryder, Bartel (Lee, Daniher)

Help would be much appreciated!

• cam says:

Id downgrade nichols to a a hall or gorringe etc and get in jack for swallow. Just make sure the ruck downgrade will play out the year who ever you choose, you cant rely on rowe

• Rocksta says:

I just think its too Early to make that trade.
        If Nichols comes back ( and the initial assessment is 2

• Rocksta says:

Don't know what happened there.
        Anyhow, as I was saying, if Nichols gets back ( the initial assessment is 2 weeks), neither of the 2 players you mentioned will be playing.
        Need to wait until next week to see what happens IMO

• Rocksta says:

I reckon you trade out Nichols, sub Cox into the Ruck, Trade Cyril into your forward line ( excellent POD).
      You should then have just enough left to upgrade Swallow to Fyfe. ( check the numbers as it will be touch and go).

• Rocksta says:

Actually Cam, you can sub Cox or Ryder into the Ruck and Bring in Cyril.
      The subsequent trade of Swallow for Fyfe should leave you with 4-5k in the bank.

• Rocksta says:

Purple Haze that is

20. cam says:

Jock did u see my twitter msg re marc murphy? Anyone lacking funds would be crazy not to at least consider him at under 400k!

21. Jeff says:

Who is Polly Farmer

22. @Jacko2128 says:

play staker or duffield this week? freo playing saints so leaning towards duffman

23. jonaayy says:

hey jock by anychance are you related to a dick reynolds?

24. Tigerman says:

Hi Jock – here's my scenario:

Nicholls has to go – he's on field with Minson. Monfries is my last dud, starting up fwd. Six (count em – 6) trades left.

1. Swing Cox to ruck, Dunny Martin into the fwd line, $120 left to upgrade Monfries later.
    2. Blow all the money on turning Nicholls into Kruze.

sitting pretty at 4th, 2nd and 1st in my leagues.

can you please run that through your Fantasy Football brain and tell me which one computes?

25. luke says:

Hi jock and community!
    My team prior to round 19 is:

Trades Left: 4 || Remaining Salary Cap: $48, 200

Defense:
    Goddard, Hartlett, Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley (Clisby, Frost)

Midfield:
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Priddis, Fyfe (Mitchell, Hrovat)

Ruck:
    Minson, Nicholls (Mcbean, Currie)

Forward:
    Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Franklin, Kennedy, Martin (Staker, Daniher)

With only 4 trades left, and 1 week left till finals, I am too reluctant to make a trade this week, but with my team pulling up another injury (Nicholls), I have dazed and am lost. With no clue what to do this week, I desperately need some help and advice. With no valid ruck coverage to cover for Nicholls, I am not sure if I should trade him out or not. To me, the most logical decision is to swing cox into the ruck via Mcbean, and put Staker off the bench into my forward. This will save me trades and cover for Nicholls until he returns from injury. If there are any other smarter moves to make, please let me know and suggest anything else in other areas of my team if possible.

Thanks in advance,
    luke

• Favalinko says:

Cox, McBean swing and Staker to forward. HOLD your trades. Staker has easy finals games.

• Gilly says:

Ditto, hold for a week then re assess

• luke says:

Thanks guys really appreciate all the help! Is there anything you can suggest regarding other areas of my team that I can take into consideration for future weeks?

• CashCows says:

Han(d)ley depending on how his injury pulls up, clisby has been ok and should provide hopefully enough cover until he gets back.

Mitchell is covering well for danger…..

26. Jake the Snake says:

Hey Community!
    First of all, I would like to say a big thanks to all, especially the spearhead, Mr Reynolds! TOP WORK! The info, opinions and insight have been vital in my Supercoach and SC draft success this season.

So.. to the issue at hand…I'm heading off overseas this Monday for the next five weeks and will have very limited access to the ole intawebnet.com.. I'm on top of my league only by % with one trade left and 28k in the bank.

Basically, I'm looking to make the last trade this week, set the team up as best I can and pray to the SC gods that I can take the crown.

BACKS: goddard, gibbs, taylor, Ibbo, shaw, staker ( terlich , lester)

MIDS: gablett, pendles, swanny, jelwood, kennedy, kornes, s. mitchell, t mitchell ( k. mitchell k.martin)

RUCK: cox, nicolls (blicaves daws)

FWDS: walker, d.martin, bartel, westhoff, kennedy, harvey (stokes, daniher)

so…, two questions:

1. Do you think Blicaves will play the next few weeks and be able to cover Nicolls for the finals?

2. One last trade… who to trade out and get in?

My thought so far (given my 28k in the bank ) is to trade Nicolls to the Mumford and sons..

Appreciate any help community

cheers

27. Purple Haze says:

Hey Community, need some help!

I have 4 trades left..

this is my current team:

Back- Goddard, Shaw, Heppell, Duffield, Ibbotson and Hanley (Clisby, Coloquhon)

Ruck- Minson, Nicholls (Rowe, Dawe)

Fwd- Walker, Cox, Kennedy, Buddy, Ryder, Bartel (Lee, Daniher)

Help would be much appreciated!

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Nah mate, keep Nicholls. GC says that with good management, he could take WCE this week. I'd go Hanley to someone like Hibberd/Adcock and trade Swallow for Kieran Jack.

28. john says:

Sandilands an option for POD or is this crazy talk?? Please discuss crouching one slipper of wisdom.

29. UM01S says:

215197 878003Hi there! Nice stuff, please do tell me when you finally post something like this! 895600