FLESH FOR FANTASY – round 16

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on July 11, 2013 • views: 1316

supercoach flesh for fantasyG’day community,

Well, what an interesting round of fantasy football. We lost Gaz before a ball was even kicked, premiums pulled out some big scores and Jobe Watson injured himself in the last game of the round.

So while we await the return of Stevie J, we’re faced with one of the toughest decisions of the season – what to do with Jobe? This period seems to be the calm before the SuperCoach storm, before the general starts playing with our fortunes and decisions are ended prematurely.

This whole Jobe saga is merely a stone being thrown into calm water, a ripple affect that will impact many coaches throughout the league. It’s a Jobe-heavy theme in this week’s Flesh, as we deal with the ripple before the rip.

Let’s begin!

“GET HIM IN”

JOEL SELWOOD (GEE) MID – $451,800 DT/$528,700 SC
- Next 5 Games: MELB (H), ADEL (A), STK (H), NM (A), PORT (H)
– Recent Scores: 73, 137, 135, 54, 151

There have been few players in the competition that have given coaches a roller-coaster ride like Joel Selwood. The consistency of previous seasons has eluded the Geelong skipper in 2013, with his average disposals down. However, in 3 of his past 4 weeks (minus Fremantle game), he’s had 34, 31 and 29 touches, so he’s starting to hit some form. With an easy run of games coming up (none v a top 8 side), Joel Selwood could be in for a big 2nd half of the season and a nice sideways trade for Jobe Watson.

MICHAEL TALIA (WBD) DEF – $305,500 DT/$379,200 SC
- Next 5 Games: ESS (H), HAW (A), WCE (H), SYD (H), CARL (A)
– Recent Scores: 69, 94, 90, 77, 129

The recently nominated Rising Star, Michael Talia has been somewhat of a revelation since coming into the Dogs side. Talia has been gathering high numbers, including 32 touches on weekend v GWS, and now should come into trade-in considerations. The Dogs love to play at Etihad and play 6 of their last 8 games there, which will suit Talia, scoring 94 and 90 in his last 2 games there. Like Colin Garland, keep an eye on Michael Talia. If scores like v GWS become regulars, Michael could be the ultimate POD come finals time.

DAVID MUNDY (FRE) MID – $475,000 DT/$534,600 SC
- Next 5 Games: WCE (A), RICH (A), ADEL (H), CARL (A), GWS (H)
– Recent Scores: 104, 131, 81, 139, 120

One of Jock’s favourite, Mundy is one to definitely consider if you need to trade Watson into someone. Has been super this season, and if last season is anything to go by, he’s cherry ripe for a huge finish this year. He’s a tall midfielder, which means that he’s able to go forward and play as a target if need be – saw this v Brisbane a few weeks ago (139 SC points). Also heavily noted is their run in the finals, and if you’ve been absent from the Jock Reynolds’ website throughout the bye period, Fremantle play GWS, Melb, Port and St Kilda through the finals. A perfect near straight swap for Jobe, a must consider.

“GET HIM OUT”

At this stage of the season, I personally wouldn’t go trading out players willy nilly on the back of a couple of poor games. If you do trigger trade, and the bloke you trade in gets injured, that’s 2 trades you’ve burnt. Better off holding and getting a better look at the market closer to finals. However, if you’re gunning for the overall win, you’re patience won’t be as good. But that said, you would’ve weaseled out the poor scorers by now.

There is one trade that needs to be made in my opinion, no matter what your plan of attack is…

JOBE WATSON (ESS) MID – $433,500 DT/$528,900 SC
- Next 5 Games: Injured.
– Recent Scores: Won’t matter, on the sidelines

Bloody hell. How frustrating is this? If they is one player we didn’t want to get injured is Jobe Watson – an ultra premium. These are the guys we did all the downgrading and trading for, so we could get them in and bank their 120+ scores. Now, we’re trading one out. Many may consider holding him, which may work if you’ve got BARRY MITCHELL’S SON sitting on the bench. If you don’t you have him, time to move Watson on. This is a critical stage of the season, and if you’re one ultra premium down, it could affect your overall ranking/finals aspirations. A cruel blow, but must be dealt with accordingly.

“BREAKING POINT”

– Dean Cox (WCE), BE 128
– Josh P Kennedy (SYD), BE 127
– Matthew Pavlich (FRE), BE 145
– Nathan Fyfe (FRE), BE 156
– Aaron Sandilands (FRE), BE

“PUB TALK”

Thanks again community for the inundation of questions. We’re starting to hit a critical stage in the season, and for many, a helping hand is needed. Here are the burning issues going into round 16.

mr crimmins tweet 1

ANSWER: First things first, the issue between O’Keefe and Jack is an interesting one. For mine, I would go Jack purely on his scores. Form is everything this time of year, and you can’t go past someone like Jack, who is scoring consistent 120+. As for sideways trade for Watson, it’s a frustrating decision to make given the quality of Jobe, but for me, there are a number of options. Kieren Jack is one at $555,300. Also like Joel Selwood at $528,700. They would probably be the 2 options I’d consider in replacing Watson.

mr crimmins tweet 2

ANSWER: You wouldn’t be alone in this situation, with many very close to completely their SuperCoach sides. For mine, out of those 3, Barlow is the man if you have the coin. Easy run in finals and is in great form ATM, with 7 straight scores of 100+ (including a last 5 average of 129). However, if you don’t have the coin to go up to a Barlow, Jack is the better option out of him and Selwood. Like you said, Selwood isn’t the consistent premium we were hoping this season and Jack has been a revelation. So, in that case, go Barlow, but if can’t afford, Kieren Jack.

mr crimmins tweet 3

ANSWER: Yeah this is a real interesting question, with an argument for both sides. On one hand, going to an ultra premium is just about guaranteed 120+ each week. However, PODs are what can be the different from a finals victory or not. I think your decision should depend on the form of the POD. In your case, Priddis has been a very consistent scorer; with walk up 100s every game. Stanton has been a bit more up and down, and with the injury concerns, I would strongly consider sending him to an ultra. So for mine, keep Priddis, but ignore Stanton’s potential as a POD and send him to an ultra.

mr crimmins tweet 4

ANSWER: For mine, I’d go Dean Terlich. I’ve grown to love the man as this season’s gone on. So much so that he’s now my go to benchman, can rely on him for big scores despite the side he plays for. I believe his ceiling is greater than Goodes, better to take the punt on potentially gaining 110+ than settling for 90+ from Goodes. Terlich for me.

Anyway, that’s it for this week’s Flesh. Make sure you get your questions into the community. With the events of last weekend, it’s important to remain on tap with what’s happening. All the best this weekend, and hopefully we can have an easy round of fantasy football.

Mr Crimmins.

Follow the great Mr Crimmins on Twitter

1. Daniel says:

Hi guys. My defence is Goddard, Gibbs, b.goodes, mckenzie, vlastuin, clisby (thurlow, docherty) and my midfield is ablett, pendlebury, swan, Watson, jpk, Barlow, cotchin, priddis (t.mitchell, crouch)
    I was thinking of trading Watson and vlastuin out but I don't know who to. Got $546000 in the bank. Advice be great thanks.

• jaymac says:

i reckon vlastuin to enright and watson to dangerfield is the way to go

• SC Legend. says:

Hey Daniel,
      Your defence looks like it's in need of atleast 3-4 upgrades with only a couple of premiums there.
      I would go Watson to Selwood, in my opinion, plays lots of home games and Simonds and has been getting some really good scores lately. You could even get Griffen in, can't go past he's consistent form this season!
      Definitely trade out Vlastuin with a high BE, you'd be set just getting someone like Shaw, Ibbotison or even Heppel in. Take your pick.

Have a good one.

• Pat says:

Daniel i'd actually trade out vlastuin and clisby to premiums. play mitchell and bench watson. crouch as emergency. then next week trade watson for k jack/mitchell/selwood etc.

• Sully321 says:

agree with pat here mitchell seems to be scoring 100 points a game try and do vlastuin to Shaw
      then Thurlow to hanley if that's possible

• chandanrajdb says:

IMO….

OUT: Vlastuin IN: Hanley

OUT: Watson IN: Dangerfield / Barlow / J Selwood / S Mitchell

Cheers,
      Raj….

• Daniel says:

Thanks guys think I might do vlastuin to Hanley and Watson to dangerfield

2. Genco says:

G'day Mr. Crimmins. Was wondering if Zorko to Pavlich next week was a good idea.

• Sully321 says:

whos in your foward line your Foward line?

• chandanrajdb says:

Absolutely mate…..if Pav continues his form of last week and scores another decent score Jump on him next week for sure……I will be looking at his score this week very closely as well…..

Cheers,
      Raj….

3. john says:

hey community new some help! i need to upgrade luke brown from adelaide currently priced at 273,800 for my last defensive upgrade, i have 203,300 in the kitty my defense is currently B Goddard, S Thompson, H Hartlett, B Gibbs, T Mckenzie and of course luke brown my bench is (J Frost and M Clisby) who to buy!?!?! please help!

cheers john

• chandanrajdb says:

Pearce Hanley is at a very good price……Birsbane lions have got easy run home as well……..

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• john says:

can he handle the tag though raj! ive been umming and ahing over him

• chandanrajdb says:

I am not too sure about him handling the best taggers in the comp mate…..but you need to look at the Brisbane Lions Draw for the remainder of the season……North Melbourne, Melbourne, PA, Saints, Richmond, GWS, Bulldogs, Geelong…..I cant see any of those teams have got a best FWD taggers……IMO……I will probably be getting him now……we all know how good he can be…..

Another thing to consider this season is…..DEFENCE this year in terms of supercoach is a total messed up position and very very inconsistent……..

I am actually happy with Goodes or Terlich on the ground in my team to be very honest……My DEF

Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Shaw, Hartlett, Goodes, Terlich, Birchall

And I am not going to do anything in my defence……That's It for the rest of the season…….ITS set and forget for mine……really not worth giving too much thought into defence this season and especially at this time of the season……..

Cheers,
          Raj…..

• john says:

thanks heaps mate have gone ahead with the trade stuffed up two weeks ago trading out goodes instead of vlastuin have got rid of vlastuin and gone with thompson from north and upgrading brown to hanley thanks mate!!

4. Jack says:

Hi Community, wondering if you could help me out.. any help would be appreciated

Back: Goddard, Heppell, Shaw, Duffield, Ibbotson, Terlich (clisby + coloquon)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, JPK, Swallow, Cotchin, Barlow, T.Mitchell (Hrovat + Martin)

Ruck: Minson, Nicholls (Daw + Rowe)

Forwards: Bartel, Cox, Buddy, Walker, Ryder, JJ.Kennedy (Daniher + Lee)

Im mainly worrying about who to trade watson for.. Cheers

• pieofgod says:

word on the community street has been all about j.selwood and s.mitchell as proven guns on the rise both priced less than jobe. If youve got the cash though….different story…griffin/danger/swan

good luck

• Nolz says:

I'm in the same boat Jack. I did the sidey to Sam Mitchell. He's a magnet and uses it well. Good luck :)

5. C-JAM says:

Need Help with my Ruck fellas.

Currently team is full premo besides from my ruck . i have Spud Jacobs, T Nicholls on field with Rowe and Currie not doing much.

Thinking of getting rid of rowe, and swing nic nat from up forward, or maybe getting rid of Jacobs as well for Minson. but then i will be down a premium up forward.

8 trades left, $254k in the kitty.

This is the last pain in my proverbial. Any thoughts would be appreciated

• Matteus says:

I think mcevoy deserves to be considered. the 53 he scored against Melbourne due to a concussion will leave his 3-round average this week, with a breakeven of 48. considerably cheap at $445,300. not sure how youre gonna fit him in, but also keep in mind that nicholls is almost premium-level too, so I would personally trade out Jacobs for mcevoy and keep nicholls on for a week or two until you can generate some cash for a fwd (via nic nat)/ruck premium. just a few thoughts for ya mate

• pieofgod says:

it'll chew up most of your war chest….approx $175,000…but why not pick up stevie j and swing nic nat into the ruck. ride out nicholls till he plateaus (if he does) and turn him into minson or goldy with a sam rowe downgrade on the eve of finals

only problem i could see with this (presuming you havent got Stevie J)…is your bench cover in the ruck for finals will be poor

6. Guest says:

Big dilemma: Griffen, Stevie J and Goldstein and I need to pick two purely on future scoring. I reckon Griffen is a lock, but who out of Stevie J and Goldstein?? Tks

• chandanrajdb says:

IMO……Steve J & Goldstein mate……I think Griffen is way too expensive for mine…..and if you really need him you can wait for couple of weeks……will drop in price…….because last week's score of 107 will affect his price for the next 2 rounds…..

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• Guest says:

Thank you both for your output. Cash isnt a problem so I think I will go Griffen and Stevie unless anyone thinks otherwise. Griffen will hopefully continue his great form and as you said, hopefully Stevie will come out firing with a good run to come. Cheers!!

• pieofgod says:

All guns….depends which position needs it most i reckon…goldilocks now highest scoring rck for season and Stevie J will finish strong, has just had 2 wks off and will own melbourne this weekend. Another good thing too is he's down $50'000 from where he was about 7 weeks back…and im tippin he'll get back there at the business end.
      only knock on Griffen is his price tag…he's certainly been getting it done against the best teams and the not so good ones

good news is u cant go wrong i reckon

7. Chris says:

6 trades left, should I pull the trigger and upgrade Ellis to Hanley in defense (Hanley is cheaper at this stage) or ride it out? Defense at the moment is Goddard, Heppell, Goodes, Shaw, Gibbs, Ellis (Staker, Thurlow)

• pieofgod says:

hanley, ibbotson or mckenzie….youve got the dollars and trades. I'd be jumping off Ellis too i reckon…..avg 60 odd for last 3 and BE 150….obviously capable of big scores but you've likely made your $ on him and its time to switch to a proven bck or a very consistent t-mac type.

if your full premo now, with those trades and those dollars in the chest…your lookin good boss

good luck

8. Jeremy says:

Leaning towards Bartel as a replacement for Jobe over the likes of Jack, O'keefe, Cotchin, Mitchell and Fyfe, as he's consistent, and he gives me a mid/fwd swing.

That's handy because if the likes of Walker, Martin or Rockliff miss a game or multiples, i can swing them into the mids, and take Tom Mitchells score as a replacement.

It also means that if Rockliff continues his average form, I can do the same as above, by throwing Bartel forward, and Rocky onto the midfield bench; using Tom Mitchell's score and effectively letting him become my F6.

Is the strategic benefit of Bartel's DPP worth it? Or should i just go for someone like Kieran Jack?

If i go Bartel, team will be:

Def: Goddard (Mid), Shaw, Heppell (Mid), Gibbs (Mid), McKenzie, Terlich ;(Webster, Frost)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, JPK, Bartel (Fwd), Selwood, Priddis; (Mitchell, Saunders (Def)
    Ruck: Nic Nat (fwd), Minson; (Witts, Currie)
    Fwd: Walker (Mid), Martin (Mid), Cox (Ruck) JJK, Franklin, Rockliff (Mid); (Staker (Def), Paparone (Mid)

9. Dee says:

My team: SWAT SQUAD.

Rank # 26,005.

Coach: Dee

DEFENCE:

Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley, Duffield, Hartlett.

SUB:

Client, Webster.

MIDFIELD:

Ablett, Pendleburry, Dangerfield, Selwood, Kennedy, Deledio, Fyfe, Priddis.

SUB:

Mitchell, Horvat.

RUCKS:

Minson, Cox.

SUB:

Nicholls, Hannath.

FORWARD:

Natanui, Bartel, Franklin, Martin, Walker, Staker.

SUB:

Daniher, Rowe.

1 trade left!

Feel free to criticise, give tips, any suggestions and advices…. All would be appreciated and taken on board for future references. One thing I’ve learned this year so far is not to waste to many trades early in the season… Thanks community!

• cotchandmurph says:

Ok my criticisesm would be less paragraphs, and how did you get to 1 trade, just hold it, but your team is very good

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Good team, albeit with only one trade left. Obviously, you'll hold that until the finals. Ideally, you'd get another forward premium (and Goddard), but not much you can do now.

10. chandanrajdb says:

Hello Community,

OK……after giving too much of a thought i have decided to do 1 trade this week……..and I need the communities thoughts / comments / suggestions / critics on it…….

Ranked 483 overall and will be left with 3 trades after this trade……..

OUT: ZORKO THE CRAP…….FINALLY I am getting rid of this DUD………

IN: Goldstein, by swinging Cox into my FWD line…….

So, what do you guys think??????

Cheers,
    Raj…….

11. Josh says:

Hey Mr C and community,
    I have 3 options for my Watson trade.

1 – straight swap to mundy, selwood or bartel (for fwd/mid DPP)

2 – Use another trade to generate cash and upgrade to barlow

3 – wait a week and play mitchell to see if anyone drops in price. I'm thinking pavlich could be a good buy.

My current midfield is GAJ, Pendles, Swan, Danger, Watson, Priddis & McVeigh
    7 trades left

Thanks, community

12. @Jacko2128 says:

pendles or danger for vc?

13. Fabian says:

Hey Community.

With Jobe out I have a question,

What is the consensus on having Mitchell(swans) as an on field, M8.??

Low on trades and looking to save them for finals, and thinking Mitchell will score close to if not the same with the likes of potential sideways trades like Selwood.

Thoughts?

• liam says:

I think keep trades for finals or injury. I've got 4 trades and leaving Mitchell as m8 till finals ahead of rockliff. Lots money on bench but it's about the trades

14. Kewgie says:

Need a good downgrade option for Macaffer. Joe Daniher doesn't seem to be getting a game anytime soon.

15. Joe says:

Well, 5 minutes ago, the squads were updated and it seems Ablett is going to play this week. Who should i play as Captain this week? Ablett or Swan?

16. Micka says:

Midfield sits currently as:
    Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Selwood, Cotchin, O'Meara, Fyfe, Watson with T. Mitchell and K-Mart on the pine.
    8 trades.
    Trading out Watto would give me $552,300

Thoughts on:
    Keeping Mitchell as a M8?
    And what should i look to do with Watson, dont really want to burn 2 trades but will if its the be all end all.

Thanks Jock & Community love you all, c'mon bloody Smithy and Hughes tonk Swann over his head

• Kane says:

I reckon to trade watson straight out for one of the geelong boys being Stevie J or the milestone man Joel Selwoon
      P.S. aussies arnt doind too bad Ashton Agar the magician

17. Callum says:

Should I trade watson out OR leave him on the pine and playm mitchell and goodes as emergency? Could use emergency loop with watson, this week is perfect for it. And if I trade watson should I get Mundy or throw rockliff in the middle and go for stevie j? I am leaning towards Mundy as he is cheaper and I have a feeling that trading in tippet last week was a huge mistake and that I will have to upgrade him.

18. Tom says:

My Midfield is:

Ablett, Pendles, Dangerfield, JPK, Deledio, Barlow, Priddis, Fyfe & T.Mitchell

Who should i bench out of these players? I'm thinking Fyfe because he has been down recently and T.Mitchell is getting 100+ scores?

• john says:

cmon mate really? leaving fyfe on the pine?

• Rob says:

Hi Tommy, I can understand that you want to put T.Mitchell on the field, he's in super form but you can't leave Fyfe on your bench mate, he is a premo who had 32 odd touches but was just down on efficiency. He maybe slightly down on form in the past few weeks however he's a great player and with Sandiland's back you can expect some large scores from him mate.

19. Remy says:

Hello, I have a dilemma, (which everyone has) I cannot decide who to trade in for Watson. These are the options I am considering: Sammy Mitchell, Deledio, Fyfe and Selwood.
    Please help me guys!!!!!

20. JB says:

What to do with Birchall, Shuey and Watson … thoughts?

• Kane says:

Possible trades
      Watson to Joel Selwood/Sam Mitchell
      Birchall to Hartlett
      And leave Shuey for the time being especially if you have the impressive Tom Mitchell on the bench

21. Remy says:

Macaffer or Mayes on the field guys?

22. jake says:

PLEASE GUYS!

Barlow or Dangerfield? Please help me out!

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

I prefer Dangerfield. But bear in mind he will face Crowley soon.

• James says:

Is Dangerfield the kind of player to be affected by his tag, I have a feeling he will cope well.

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Much too explosive to be contained, but you never know with Crowley. Virtually un-taggable really. The early dud scores were a result of Danger being played up forward. But the problem was that there was really no one to deliver the ball forward. Then when placed in midfield, there was no one to deliver the ball to. So he plays everywhere now, scoring goals and racking up the disposals.

• Sully321 says:

Danger shouldn't worry about Crowley to much

• BestCoastEagles says:

Both averaging 128 for last 6 weeks. Barlow has a easy final's run home. Toss the coin maybe.

23. throttlefinger says:

Mr. C –

Crouch or T. MItchellson as my M8? Worried they may give Tommy boy the night off against the Giants?

24. James says:

What about Stevie J with a soft draw. Any risk of being rested? Only score under 110 in the past 7 matches was when he tagged Gazza. Rest were over 120 with monster scores of 151 and 160. Only 575k, any thoughts appreciated.

25. JimBob says:

Who should I go with. Naitanui, bartel, walker, martin or roughead??? I am swapping watson to the forward line and ave got mitchell as M8 and swap watson for one of the above. Would love some advice community?

26. Sully321 says:

Danger or Pendles for the captains loophole?

27. Walto says:

I'm going to take a risk and back my judgement by going with Talia , I'm trading out Thurlow for Michael Talia , was going to pick him up last week but gave him a weekto see how he'd do and he played great against GWS , looks promising . If he can get scoring consistently then my backline will be pretty solid
    Team at the moment looks like
    DEF: Goddard , Shaw , Hanley , Hartlett , Gibbs , M.Talia (Clisby,Docherty)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury , Swan , Deledio , J.Selwood , Swallow , Priddis , Fyfe (T.Mitchell, Hrovat)
    RK: Nic Nat , Maric (Nichols, Currie)
    FWD : Cox , Martin , Franklin , Rockliff , Zorko , Staker (B.Kennedy , Daniher)

I'll wait for Stakers price to go up given his low BE and then upgrade to Bartel .

28. Scott says:

Swan or Ablett as captain this week? I’m leaning towards Swan this week

29. James says:

what to do with brandon ellis, ? trade or keep? trade to heppel or go a cheaper opption in hanley?? thoughts jock?

30. James says:

start nicolls or jacobs in the ruck this week?

• Remy says:

You have to stick with Jacobs I Reckon, just ignore his form.
      Remember Nicholls had only played 5 or so games…..

31. ankles says:

Rucks are Leuey, NicNat, with Nicholls and Blicavs warming the bench

Obviously a bit of cash sitting on the bench there I want to tap into. The question is should I …
    1. Blicavs > Osborn (or whoever) for $270k profit
    2. Leuey > Osborn for $400k profit, then play NicNat and Nicholls on field. Nicholls is averaging just a couple points below Leuey at the moment, and the cash difference would give me more trade options…

32. HJS says:

Just wondering if people think I should trade Marc Murphy (have had from the start!)
    Have Ablett, Griff, Pendles, Swan, selwood, Priddis, Cotch (TMitch and KMart) on the bench. 6 trades left and about $116K in bank

• blake says:

No, he probably came back a week too early and would have been a bit wary about his jaw or cheek or whatever it was. He will pick his form back up. Also last year with Andrew Carrazo in the side Marc averaged 127.9 points. This time last year Murphy went on a huge 6 game hot streak scoring 112,108,160,109,117,187 from round 16 to round 21. I reckon Murphy will start to go on fire!!!

• BestCoastEagles says:

You won't have enough cash for the Dangerman or Barlow. So i would hold you are only going to trade someone in of the same ilk.

33. Xy Boy says:

Anyone considering bringing in young Agar this week for Watson? Very cheap around 96k and high JS with Nathan Lyon nowhere to be seen

34. Ant says:

I have jobe, but I can cover him with Tom Mitchell.
    Do I leave jobe on the bench and play Mitchell, or do I trade jobe to someone like swan or Stevie j?

Trading to Stevie j, means I can put Stevie j forward, but then I’m stuck with playing zorko on the bench.

35. toonking says:

Hi I've got 8 trades left. Have two options. Would appreciate your input.

Get Vlaustin out and replace him with Hanley. 1 trade
    (Concerned Vlaustin is losing value….he is on my bench) Only non premium on field in backline is Staker.

or

Trade out Rowe for Grimley to get generate some cash and upgrade Zorko to Stevie J
    (Use Stevie J up foward to replace Zorko) Only non premium on field in forwardline is La Cras

My Mids are all pretty much premiums…..

Appreciate yr thoughts

36. Decisions... says:

Mr Crimo and community, need some advice please for a must win game this week against top of the ladder (and good mate) in my main league – I'll try and keep it short.

The issue is like most I need to trade Watson out, but I'm also tempted to upgrade Blicavs in my rucks as my opponent has Minson and Goldy! My starting rucks are NicNat and Nicholls and I have $150k in the bank.

First option, swap Watson to Stevie J or Barlow. This gives me monster scoring power – thinking Stevie J ahead of Barlow for a big score this week against Melb. This then gives me just enough cash to bring in McEvoy for Blicavs. But is Big Boy good enough to trade in or do I hold off and just play Nicholls?

Second option, swap Watson for S Mitchell or Cotchin. Thinking Mitchell as Cotch has been a yoyo this year, and this gives me enough cash to bring in Minson.

So essentially option 2 bolsters both my MID and RUC more so, but is the scoring potential of Stevie J or Barlow trump that?

I might be splitting hairs but it's also splitting my head. Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

• Sully321 says:

IMO option one just, only because nicholls seems to be scoring well and stevie J could go berserk againts the dees

• jockreynolds says:

Id go with #1 – Stevie J will server you well for the rest of the season, esp. this week and Big Boy will come home strongly and reliably – his price is still reduced due to concussion etc.

• Decisions... says:

Thanks Jock…although I've just realised I may have a better upgrade trade than Big Boy from Blicavs.

By bringing in Stevie J, this now allows me to shift him forward and bring either Monfries or Rocky into a MID position for an upgrade.

This would allow me to upgrade either to S Mitchell.

Therefore, is S Mitchell a better upgrade or Big Boy.

Thoughts?

37. Rick Grimes says:

Westhoff's out has helped me no end. Have wanted to dispose of him for ages.

38. David says:

Do I get Hanley or Scott Thompson (NTH)?

39. I'm tryin says:

Is it worth while sticking with the under performing luke hodge? Having only 6 trades left

• BestCoastEagles says:

I would keep for a couple of weeks. Burn your trades closer to the final's with all the carnage going on you never know what is a round the corner .

• jockreynolds says:

WIth only 6 trades in the kick – assuming you are after a league win and not overall – and probably either way – I'd hold onto Hodgey

40. AdsyA says:

My side:
    B:Goddard, Hanley, Heppell, Shaw, Gibbs, Staker (J.Webster, Clisby)
    M:Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Cotchin, Priddis, O'Meara, Mundy, Hartlett (T.Mitchell, K.Martin)
    R: Roughead, Z.Clarke (Nicholls, Gawn)
    F: Cox, Walker, JJKennedy, Franklin, Rockliff, Stevie J (B.Kennedy, T.Lee)

6 trades, $319k in bank – struggled early in a good league so after wins, and not worried about holding trades at this stage

Questions:
    1. Where is my most urgent upgrade (no injuries so far this week)? Who for?
    2. Staker is a low BE and is probably soon ripe for culling (prob next week), but to who in the backline? A def/fwd up forward would be great so I could swing him fwd and trade in say Nic Nat but none coming to mind.
    3. Is too many players from one side good or recipe for disaster? Thinking maybe trading in Barlow to the mids but then I'd have him and Mundy mid, Clarke in ruck. Also with Nic Nat, then I'd have him, Cox, Priddis and Kennedy in.
    4. Or do I just hold for this week and wait for some possible price drops due to BE's?

• Sully321 says:

thinking O'Meara ready to trade to Dane Swan or if you are looking for a POD look at Ryan O'Keefe

• BestCoastEagles says:

If you are Looking at Nic Nat he will drop nearly 100 Gorillas in the next two. Barlow a good option having three Freo players no crime in that as they have a soft finals run.

• CashCows says:

I would leave NicNat alone for a while, might be rested in weeks to come if WCE get a finals look in, and if they dont then my guess is he goes on ice for next season.

Mundy is class, not probs with have him and barlow in the middle ( see pendles, swan, ball against carlton last week)

Z Smith will be carrying sandi for a while until finals i believe. could be a switcheroo for SC finals?

Stakes could almost hold on to a D6 if he keeps up current form, excellent swingman.

Are you keeping harlett in the middle for DPP? if not throw him back (good back, but there are better mids) if you dump stakes( current 330k, will go 360k next week) and bring in a mid premo just about anyone with that money

Omeara is ready to be put to bed as well..

could dump stakes and omeara drop hartlett back, which will give 1.1m to buy in the likes of swan and selwood

or dump clarke (BE 122) swing cox in ruck, swing staker forward, push hartlett back, dump omeara and bring in two uber prem mids with you 1.25m barlow and swan?

downfall of all this is 4 trades left?

clear as mud!

• Daniel says:

Maybe upgrade hartlett to dangerfield/swan/Barlow before you think about getting rid of staker

• Skintip says:

Leave your backline alone now. Omeara to Swan/Barlow/SMitchell and Hartlett/Staker for Bartel. Even if you dont trade it is a must that you play TMitchell on field over Hartlett or Omeara

41. Sully321 says:

hey community

regrettably i still have sammy jacobs, can't trade him out this week so i'm thinking of benching him and putting tom Nicholls on the field.

thoughts?

42. David says:

Do I play Nicchols vs Richmond or Dawson Simpson vs Melbourne?

43. Stu says:

option 1 trade watson out for sam mitchell and trade zorko out for pavlich

option 2 trade watson for stevie j and trade zorko out for marc murphy

Any help would be appreciated community :)

• Sully321 says:

IMO Option 2

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Of course, getting SJ is a given. Wait until Murphy shows some actual form sustained over a period of time. I like the look of Pavlich, even though he should drop over the next fortnight. Bear in mind his last six scores (excluding 2013) against WCE have been 179, 113, 74, 109, 93, 129. He could explode.

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Stu,

I will probably be doing one trade this week which will be

OUT: Watson IN: Steve J

reason…..Try to bring in Pav instead of Murphy next week since he will drop in price after this round……Freo run during the SC finals is too good…….

Cheers,
      Raj….

• Daniel says:

Option 1

44. I'm tryin says:

Thanks for your reply on hodgey, without you guys I’m nuffin

45. Guest says:

Barlow or Griffen?? Purely based on future scoring and cash isn't a problem.
    FYI I have mundy too, and worried that Barlow and Mundy can steal points from each other.
    Cheers!

46. Liam says:

Hey guys, really want to bring Stevie J in but only have 5 trades left. I've got 500k so money isn't really a problem. I've got a full team playing so maybe I should save the trades. Feedback is greatly appreciated
    My Midfield at the moment is: GAJ, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Swallow, Fyfe, Mundy, Selwood (T.Mitchell, Crouch)
    My Forward Line: A.Walker, Buddy, N.Riewoldt, Nic Nat, JJ Kennedy, Rockliff (Staker, B.Kennedy)
    I don't really want to trade Watson though as Mitchell I believe is good enough for cover.

• chandanrajdb says:

IMO……bring Steve J this week mate…..has potential to go very big against Melbourne this week….

IMO…..

OUT: Watson IN: Steve J……this also gives you the FWD/MID DPP player in your midfield…….

Cheers…….
      Raj….

• liam says:

Hi liam if your happy with Mitchell I'd upgrade rockliff to Stevie j, more consistent and higher scores, lots of home games still to come.

47. ShinbonerSpirit says:

Hey community. Regardless of cash, who will score more from here on out and why: O'Keefe or Selwood?

• Daniel says:

O'keefe as he won't get tagged

• Liam says:

Would probably say selwood as the cats have quite a few games coming up at home, but really couldn't tell u about O'Keefe because I don't really get to watch the swans to much. O'Keefe has definitely flown under the radar and would be a nice POD in the mid.

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Cheers boys!

48. Big sauss says:

Please help… Who should I get in for Watson on dreamteam not supercoach:Cornes, dangerfield, Stanton, Mitchell, jelwood, fyfe, mundy?

Thanks

49. Remy says:

The word on the street is that Buddy ill not play this week…

50. david says:

G. Ablett vs Richmond
    D. Swan vs Crows

Who's likely to score higher?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

I'm going to go with Swan (Adelaide have been shipping more fantasy points than most clubs recently), but Ablett is a freak of nature.

• Michael says:

Swan on 82 at H/T, hope you're on him!

• Skintip says:

GAJ averages 135 pts. Swan has scored above that 5 times. I would go with GAJ, and if GC beat Richmond like they have done, then GAJ will get a few extra points in his back pocket also.

51. Liam says:

What does POD mean ?

52. cotchandmurph says:

I dont mind the fact that Emright has been rested, because Geelong are playing Melbourne so the ball will hardley go into the backline

53. Pete says:

Franklin out

54. Chris says:

Who to vice captain and captain?

Selwood, swan, pendlebury, Stevie j, ablett or someone else.. Don't have danger

55. David says:

Do I trade Watson-Stevie J and Vlastuin to Hanley

OR

Franklin-Stevie.J and Vlastuin to Hanley, put T.Mitchell on for Watson and trade Watson to Selwood next week?

56. Michael says:

Some advice on my team please community (although with 1 trade left I can't really do much more lol):
    DEF: Goddard, Hanley, Heppell, Gibbs, Ibbotson, Ellis (Webster, Clisby)
    MID: Pendles, GAJ, Swan, JPK, Bartel, Priddis, Stevie J, B Goodes (Shuey, Mitchell)
    RUC: Cox, J Roughead (Nicholls, Gorringe)
    FWD: A Walker, JJK, Cloke, Buddy, Rocky, NicNat (Staker, Hitchcock)
    Last trade will be Shuey-H Shaw (moving Goddard into MID) then it's batten down the hatches and hope for no casualties!
    Anyone else gone balls out like me?

57. Chris says:

Put Sam Jacobs on the bench, do I take his 80 or hope Nichols can get more?

58. richard says:

Take pendle's VC score or give Hartlett a go?

59. @Jacko2128 says:

take brad crouches 93? or leave tom mitchell on and use his?

60. MacDaddy says:

I know is should take Pendles on the loophole but desperate to leave the armband on Stevie J! Someone talk some bloody sense into me

• Skintip says:

nahhh risk it. take the punt. Stevie J is my VC and will smash out 200 otherwise GAJ will be C with 180. Of course take Pendles score

61. Rick Grimes says:

Can someone please confirm my understanding of the captain's loophole. I have Pendles as VC and want to take his points. So i've swapped Luerenberger to bench and put Currie in starting line-up with C. Currie won't play, so Luerenberger will sub in and Pendles will be captain. Is that the way it works??

62. Next time I read your site, I hope that that doesnt let down me around this one. I mean, I know it has been my choice to read, on the other hand actually imagined youd have got something fascinating to say. Just about all I notice is a bunch of whining about something that you can fix in the event you werent way too busy searching for attention.

63. Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your website is very cool. I’m impressed by the important points that you’ve here. It reveals how effectively you perceive this kind of subject. Bookmarked this website, will come back for additional articles. An individual, my pal, ROCK! I found the info My spouse and i already explored all over the place and simply couldn’t come across. What a perfect web-site.