Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – Round 16

Filed in Supercoach, Weekly Podcast by on July 7, 2013 • views: 1766

Podcast pre round 16Jobe is down. Gaz was a late OUT. Crouching is missing in action.

High drama in this week’s show. I hold the fort and provide the community with its pre round 16 dose of fantasy footy nourishment while Peter Higginbotham searches the streets of Melbourne for our mate The Crouching One who went missing post Richmond’s pummeling at the hands of North Melbourne.

I look at the must have defenders and  midfielders this week, then at those blokes on the fringe as we turn towards home with four rounds left before Supercoach and Dreamteam finals.

Hope your team is going great guns – remember to SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES and give us a rating and a comment while you’re there.

Jock

(PS – top stuff to our old mate Mick the Mad Irishman – 11th highest score in Australia in round 15 with a thumping 2605 and now ranked 30th)

1. Will says:

A little help Guys.
    I have Goodes, Terlich and Monfries as my only left non- premiums left on the field and I am stumped as to who I should trade out to finalise my team.

• Will says:

I also dont really know who to trade in.
      I have my eyes on Hanley, Mckenzie, Enright and shaw in the defence
      Nic Nat, Roughead, Dusty and Walker in the Forward Line

• Jack says:

Don't know whether Nic Nat is 100% fit, he seems to be struggling in last quarters

• Zimmer says:

Roughead.

• FrontPocket says:

Monfries to Roughead.

Roughead only scored poorly this week 'cos I brought him into my Dream Team, and that always happens. He'll be back to form next week.

• Jason says:

Hang on to Terlich a bit longer. Should go up more and on average he's cranking out pretty good scores. Most defensive 'premiums' struggle to get the ton most weeks anyway.

2. Victor says:

Hey guys, with 6 trades left, should I keep Watson? If I keep him on my bench, I'll have Mitchell as my M8

TU- Keep Watson
    TD- Trade

• Will says:

No use keeping him if he is out for 4 weeks like projected. He wont be back till round 20. Maybe trade to JPK, Cotch, Selwood, or a more expensive?

3. Michael says:

I only have 4 trades left and dont know if i should trade Jobe??

4. Michael says:

Griffen worth bringing in or someone like Kieren jack????

5. Walto69 says:

Hey Jock i have one more player to upgrade until full premium and that is currently my last spot in the defence ,
    Defence looks like this
    Goddard, Hanley , Gibbs , Shaw , Hartlett , Clisby , (Docherty , Thurlow) i have 222k in the bank with 4 trades left , i want to upgrade Thurlow but there's no one really consistent at that price so should i wait for someone like Heppell who's lost value and is at 469 roughly or there is Terlich icould get or just hold off ?

• Victor says:

Terlich isn't worth getting, have you considered Ibbotson?

• Walto69 says:

I don't think i have enough cash for him + he worries me with his inconsistency .

• Victor says:

Mate this year all defenders are fairly inconsistent except for a few. How about Houli? Averaging a healthy 97 so far.

• Tyler says:

Yeah Houli seems more reliable , i'm currently 30k short of Heppell , think maybe his agood option if his price goes down?

• jockreynolds says:

I'd be all over Heppell I reckon. I think he'll get a more prominent midfield role with Jobe out

• BestCoastEagles says:

Wait for Heppell to drop his next two break evens are 115 &119. He could lose 25 Gorillas in the next two weeks.

6. Mike says:

7 trades left 260k in the bank – i have Crouch to cover for Jobe in mid.
    I was planning to sell Jacobs for Stevie J this week (swing) or should I reconsider selling Jobe for Stevie J or even Pendlebury??
    Thoughts? any suggestions appreciated

7. Eagling says:

My team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Hanley, Goodes, Staker (Duffield, Webster)

Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Cotchin, Deledio, Priddis, Kennedy, Mitchell (Watson, K Martin)

Cox, Nicholls (Maric, Currie)

Bartel, Martin, Rockliff, Zorko, Franklin, Naitanui (Rowe, Lamb)

I'm way out of overall contention, and at 4-9 in my main league (A top 20 league) also out of contention there. I am still in league contention in some other leagues.

With 7 trades and about $15k cash, should I either:

A) Straight swap Watson for Mundy/Fyfe….
    B) Double trade Watson to Pendlebury and Rowe to a DEF/FWD rock bottom priced player, allowing me to swing Staker back and forth on the bench.
    C) Keep Watson on the bench, save the trade and allow Mitchell to play in his stead.

Although I'm out of contention, I want to score as best I can for the rest of the year.

8. jack says:

worth holding jobe on the bench for a week and wait for someone like a fyfe, cyril, beams, pavlich to fall in price with high b/e ?!?!!?!?!?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Interesting. Am considering that myself. Normally draws don't affect my trading, but Pavlich's finals run could mean plenty of goals. Might be the one exception to my 'no KPPs' rule. Cyril also looked good before his injury. I wouldn't look to Fyfe to be honest. I just don't see him in the premium midfield bracket.

9. Jimmy says:

How's this sound fella's, Jacobs & Jobe OUT for Stevie J & Josh Kennedy.

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Like it. Was seriously considering playing a MID/FWD in the midfield instead of a pure midfielder.

• jockreynolds says:

Stevie J will make a mess of melbourne this week, big IN

• Courtney says:

Jock, I am stuck with Hannebery in my midfield, scoring okay but I don’t like his long term prospects as I head into finals in 3rd possi. I think I know what your answer will be but I need some clarity…
        Is Hannebery a keeper?

10. Jeremy says:

Thinking of Kieren Jack straight in for Jobe, because even if Jobe comes back in 4-6, i doubt he'll return to 100% capacity for SC finals.

Many options though:
    Jack
    O'Keefe
    Bartel
    Cotchin
    S.Mitchell
    amongst others.

What I like about Jack is that whilst the swans have a tough last two games (cats and hawks), this also means that he is less likely to be rested, as Sydney will quite possibly be playing for a top 4 spot.. There's a temptation to ride Jobe's spell out with Tom Mitchell as coverage, but it's hard to see his form lasting..

What are other Watson owners thinking?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

I've got issues in my defence so I'm swinging Goodes back and going Birch -> ROK. Looks like Watson is staying on my pine for the foreseeable future. In your case, if you're really going to trade him out, I like Cotchin and ROK from your shortlist.

• James says:

He'll be running about and handling the pill in a week according to the big man himself. So I'd expect him to come back and be in decent form. I'm holding onto him for a couple of weeks to see how he holds up.

11. Luke says:

Have 260k and 8 trades left. Will probably use one trade to upgrade Staker to Bartel, which will complete my forward and leave my team with only one more non-premium spot to fill (defense). I do have Watson, and not sure what to do with it. My midfield emergencies are Hrovat and Mitchell, so I am thinking to leave Watson on the bench for a week or two until I sort out my defense. Is it the right move to leave Watson on the bench for a week or two so that I can use my second trade this week to downgrade and generate cash, preparing me to upgrade my last defender to a premium next week, leaving me with a full premium team by next week. Or should I take quick action and trade out Watson this week, and if yes, for who?

12. GunnerHawk says:

Geez! I thought working out my back line was causing me grief!! Now with Jobe out and 3 trades left… God knows what I'll do with my Mids now!!

I have Rockliff to cover Jobe, but it does mean T. Mitchell is now my M8. Also have B. Goodes as my D6, and was looking at bringing in Hanley at some point to leave me with 2 trades until the finals… but that trade is now on the backburner!

Any advice guys on whether to just keep Jobe on the bench? I only have $18k in the bank as well! Unfortunately not enough to do a single trade for a Barlow, Mundy, Dangermouse, etc. otherwise it's the double trade downgrade/upgrade option which would sadly leave me with 1 trade left!!! (So regretting my trade rage episodes earlier in the season!! Idiot!!)

• Gilly says:

Depends where you are in relation to your league, but 4 weeks is start of finals 6 weeks and it might be over. How about Jobe to Jelwood?

13. throttlefinger says:

Need help. Mind swirling. Trying to make first league final. #10 right now. Playing #9.

Have 2 trades left.

Should I downtrade Blivcavs for cash so I can replace K. Martin for Kiernan? My mids: Gazza, Griffen, Pendles, Swan, JPK, Lids, Mundy, T. Mitchellson (Martin and Crouch reserve).

OR

Keep and roll dice with team I have? Save trades for emergencies?

• William says:

In my opinion, do not trade.
      I have two and I am using everything in my power to try and hold on to them for finals.
      Have to have injury trades, no matter how good the subs, can a 80 match gazzas 130-150 if he does a hammy. NO!!!
      Hold your trades.

• throttlefinger says:

Right, William. Need to take a deep breath. Have faith in team. Hard not to use when losing this next match could oust me from finals.

But your bigger point that footy is a fickled lover and the unexpected is the norm.

Will hold and hope. Got 2390 last round (without Gazza) so probably overthinking.

Thanks William for settling me the hell down.

14. Bert says:

Geez Jock's horrible anus continues now ranked in the 20,000s after a piddly 2,020 in Rd 15. Must have had Jobe as his captain or something.

Wonder if this means he'll be booted from his own Premier League next season??

15. William McEntee says:

Throttlefinger
    In my opinion, do not trade.
    Hold your trades.

• throttlefinger says:

Thanks William for settling me the hell down.

16. Frustrated says:

I have Jobe but zero trades left which I blame my girlfriend for. What should I do?

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Find another girlfriend? Sorry mate, there isn't too much you can do with no trades!

• Frustrated says:

Sorry I'm new to all this. My girlfriend kept saying I needed to trade each week if I wanted to win. I broke up with her last month so she is history now but that doesn't solve the trade problem.

Thought there might be a way to buy trades or something but could find nothing about it on the Supercoach website so thought I would ask here. Cash is no object.

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Nah I'm afraid you're kinda stuck with no trades. Just learn from your 2013 and take it over to next year mate!

• Frustrated says:

Ok thanks man. Well live and learn I suppose. I thought she was a sweet broad but turned out to be a real vindictive bitch.

Only wish I had found this site earlier damn it!

• Amazed says:

Idiot!!!!!!!!

17. Gary says:

Only non-premos on the field are Nicholls and Mitchell. 5 trades left, nothing in the bank, I could trade Goodes for Pendles and Nicholls for a cheapie, or just sit on my trades for a week. Thoughts?

18. Mitch Brendel says:

Got 2,441 this week. this is my side got 6 trades left not sure what to do.
    DEF : Goddard, Hanley, Shaw, Gibbs, Duffield, Goodes, Thurlow and Clisby
    MID : Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Priddas, Griffen, Cotchin, Fyfe, Tom Mitchell, Crouch and Hrovat
    RUC : Minson, Goldstein, Nicolls and Currie
    FWD : Martin, Bartel, Naitanui, Rockliff, Zorko, josh Kennedy, Daniher and Staker

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

I'd wait till Pav/Cyril drop in about 2-3 weeks then go Zorko to one of them. Till then, I'd hold. The team looks good. Goodes will still make you some cash.

19. Zac says:

Who is good to bring in for Watson other than O'Keefe? Can get anyone!

20. SMH says:

Trades this week:

OUT: Watson & Sidebottom
    IN: J.Selwood & Stanton

Sidebottom is breaking my balls and I've had enough. J.Selwood has been playing well and has melbourne nxt week so should rack up the points. Stanton is also looking pretty good lately and should get a bit more of the ball now Watson is out. Midfield now looks like this:

Gaz, Swan, Pendaz, Stanton, Danger, Priddis, J.Selwood, Kennedy

Kennedy is killing me at the moment and if he doesnt pull his finger out im gna give him the chop

(ps playing dream team)

21. AndrewR20 says:

7 trades left, don't know what to do
    My side is:
    DEF: Goddard, Hanley, Heppell, Shaw, Duffield, Vlastuin (Clisby, Colqhoun)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Kennedy,Watson, Selwood, Barlow, Cotchin (Mitchell, Hrovat)
    RUC: Minson, Blicavs (Nicholls, Currie)
    FOR: Cox, Walker, Franklin, Rockliff, LeCras, Staker (Macaffer, Kerridge)

Averaging a solid 2100 but needing top 4 in league.
    Help would be appreciated

22. JB says:

Kyle Martin. Sam Rowe and Joe Daniher any chance to play this week?

23. Remy says:

Anyone think Sam Mitchell could be a valid trade in option for Watson?

24. Joel says:

Great podcast Jock!

25. Tom says:

Sam Mitchell or Trent Cotchin

26. Connor says:

Watson to Griffen?, looking at consistent scoring rather than price

Midfield currently is Pendles, Gaz, Swan, J Selwood, PRiddis, Mundy, T Mitchell, Watson (K Mitchell, Colquohoun)

• BestCoastEagles says:

Griffen at 664,000K way too expensive his bubble will burst as he has a hard run coming up Ess, Hawks, W.C, Swans, Blues & Crows. without Boyd there those teams will TAG the life out of him. Barlow averaging 128 the last 6 weeks and has a soft Finals run.

27. James says:

Should i trade Jobe?

ATM my midfield is GAJ, Pendles, Swan, Thompson, Mundy, Cotchin, Titch and Crouch

Have 4 trades if i trade Jobe and and 93k

28. Jimmy says:

I got 2388 from a full 22 my highest for the season

Brought in Pav last week and it worked 106

Have 4 trades left after i traded out Neade and Morton for Hansen (POD) and T.Sumner
    Team is all set now
    Didnt have Jobe currently sitting 9th in my league and needing a big win to get into finals

29. Michael says:

Jobe out for 6-8 weeks damn defs not worth holding

30. Aaron says:

Deledio, Fyfe, Naitanui stinking up the bloody joint!!!

If I had a few more trades or a spot in my midfield I’d be bringing in Dayne Beams if he’s named, outstanding in the VFL and I reckon he can finish off the year as one of the highest scoring MIDS, call me crazy.

• Zimmer says:

You're crazy.

No not really, but big risk. See how he goes for a couple of weeks. Might take him a bit to get back to speed.

• Aaron says:

I would have agreed with you before I seen him play on the weekend, looked like he hasn’t missed a beat. Has a big tank and works extremely hard.

They do say that fortune favors the brave my friend.

31. Rick Grimes says:

Is Shaw a must to complete my defence of can I get away with Staker in that D6 role. I currently have Burgoyne as my sixth defender (along with Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Mackenzie, Malcheski) and he seems to have run out of puff after averaging early 90s for a while.

32. Eugene says:

What do I do with the Duffman Jock?

33. Aaron says:

So glad I picked Barlow (the magnet) over Jobe the junky this week.

34. Jose' says:

With Jobe out whos the better option. i have 140k spare so can trade to anyone. right now looking at

Dangerfield
    Griffen
    Stevie J

whos the best pickup?

• Aaron says:

Dangerfield mate can’t go wrong

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Dangerfield. Has been a monster for me this season.

• Daniel says:

Dangerfield

• BestCoastEagles says:

Griffen at 664,000K way too expensive his bubble will burst as he has a hard run coming up Ess, Hawks, W.C, Swans, Blues & Crows. without Boyd there teams will tag the life out of him. Barlow averaging 128 the last 6 weeks and has a soft Finals run. Dangerman averaging the same as Barlow the last 6 weeks. Stevie J is a points pig as well. Can't go wrong with the last three.

35. Aaron says:

YouBeauty: ranked 2207

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Shaw, Hartlett, Staker (Clisby Saunders)

MID: Gaz, Pendles, Dangerfield, JPK, Barlow, Deledio, Fyfe, Selwood (Mitchell Hrovat)

RUCK: Cox, Naitanui (Nicholls Currie)

FWD: Walker, Rockliff, Martin, Bartel, Stevie J, Kennedy (Macaffer Kennedy)

7 trades left and 10k in the bank, thinking of holding this week. Or kicking Lids to the curb who can’t handle the bloody tag!

• chandanrajdb says:

Team looks good mate…….HOLD your trades if you can…….

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• Aaron says:

Thanks Raj. I know your saying hold and that’s my initial thought… BUT…. What do you think of Ben Kennedy to Liam McBean and Macaffer to Hanley via Staker?

• chandanrajdb says:

That sounds like a good trrades mate……Do it and have to hold onto your trades for at least 2 to 3 weeks……

Cheers,
          Raj…..

36. The Wanderer says:

Advice needed – What to do with Watson? – I've got 10 trades left so that's no issue. I am worried about the possible suspension from ASADA though (not definite)… which is leading me to trade him… would S.Mitchell or Cotchin be the better trade?

• Nolz says:

In the same boat Wanderer with less trades :( I'm going Mitchell at this stage but JPK is about the same price and he's got GWS this week so still undecided. They are neck and neck for me

• Jimbotraralgon says:

Without knowing your setup….in order I would go…

Gaz pendles swan danger joelwood k jack fyfe mitchell (sam) cotch ….

Pod beams…

37. Luke says:

Hi Jock and community!
    In desperate need for some trading advice after Watsons injury. My team prior to round 16 is:

Remaining Salary Cap: $263, 100 | Trades Left: 8

Defense:
    Goddard, Hartlett, Shaw, Heppell, Gibbs, Clisby (Webster, Frost)

Midfield:
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cotchin, Priddis (Mitchell, Hrovat)

Ruck:
    Minson, Natanui (Nicholls, Currie)

Forward:
    Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Kennedy, Martin, Staker (Daniher, Lee)

I will probably use one trade to upgrade Staker to Bartel, which will complete my forward and leave my team with only one more non-premium spot to fill (defense). I do have Watson, and not sure what to do with it. My midfield emergencies are Hrovat and Mitchell, so I am thinking to leave Watson on the bench for a week or two until I sort out my defense. Is it the right move to leave Watson on the bench for a week or two so that I can use my second trade this week to downgrade and generate cash, preparing me to upgrade my last defender to a premium next week, leaving me with a full premium team by round 17. Or should I take quick action and trade out Watson this week, and if yes, for who? Please give suggestions.
    Thanks in advance

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Luke,

IMO…..

OUT: Webster & Watson
      IN: Hanley & J Selwood / ROK (If you can afford……)

I think after the above possible trades you will not be left with any cash in your bank……but you will still be left with 6 trades…….use one or two of that trades for cash generation from Nicholls or staker etc……and then upgrade in the FWD line……Staker has got a low BE still…..which means he will make you some more money…….

Cheers,
      Raj….

• Luke says:

What about Kieran Jack for Watson? Or any other suggestions?

Great advice Raj

• Joshua says:

how is it great adivce he just gave u his opinion and no stats or reasoning? yeah tambling he gun

• BestCoastEagles says:

Was referring to Raj's previous comment
            OUT: Webster & Watson
            IN: Hanley & J Selwood / ROK (If you can afford……) or you could burn just one trade Watson to Selwood or Barlow. I would not rely on Clisby banging out decent scores. My comment's are just food for thought
            Sorry if i miss led you Joshua my Bad.

38. David says:

Who to bring in for Watson? Stevie J or Selwood, Stevie set for 200 this week but Selwood may be more consistent for the rest of the season?

39. chandanrajdb says:

Hello Community,

One of my great decision of this season was last week…..last minute reverse trading my Watson trade…..and didn't do any trades…….

Scored 2409……and now ranked 468 overall……going pretty well…..

I was thinking of the following trade……

OUT: Blicavs IN: M Pavlich…..swinging Steve J into the Mid……

Will be left with nearly $100k in the bank and 3 trades……

I have got my eye on the following 3 players……

1. C Rioli
    2. Sandilands
    3. D Beams

Whoever picks up the form in the next couple of weeks will be straight into my team……..

My team currently looks like…….Team Name: TITANS

DEF:
    B Goddard, B Gibbs, H Shaw, D Heppell, H Hartlett, D Terlich, B Goodes, G Birchall

MID:
    G Ablett, S Pendlebury, P Dangerfield, M Barlow, D Swan, JPK, N Fyfe, T MItchell, M Blicavs, K Martin

RUCKS:
    D Cox, N Naitanui, T Nicholls, J Hannath

FWD:
    J Bartel, Stevie J, J Roughead, T Rockliff, JJ Kennedy, D Zorko, B Staker, J Daniher

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated…….

Raj……

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Oh, we're in the same league (Sweaty Jocks).

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

Beams will take too long to drop to reasonable value, so unless you can wait for about 4-5 weeks, I'd look at the others. Rioli was very impressive before his injury, so he's a good option. See Sandilands over the next couple of weeks then reassess.

• chandanrajdb says:

Thanks mate…..for your comment above……

Will have a look the above 3 players very closely……..and after 2 weeks will prioritize between 3 off them to bring into my team……..

Rioli will be solid to pick up in 2 weeks from his score of 31 during the weekend……

Sandilands will be ripe for picking as well in another 2 weeks…….this will be subject to his form and fitness…….very risky picking this guy……too much of a Injury prone…..but in saying that if he stays fit and plays the whole game will be a really high scorer……..

Cheers,
        Raj…..

• ShinbonerSpirit says:

A fit, in-form Sandilands gives you the same fantasy output of a super-premium midfielder.

• Daniel says:

Seems like a good trade but maybe switch Zorko to the midfield and upgrade him into a premium midfielder if you can.

• obvious says:

get rid of zorko – that muppet will continue to fail

• Nathan says:

I would be keeping a real close eye on Nic Nat. Word here in the West is that he might not play in the Derby this week. Has been struggling in recent weeks too with a groin issue apparently.

40. @Jacko2128 says:

22. Naitanui, N
    $527,40079
    RUC101.22
    WCE GRAPHSUBSTITUTETRADECAPTAINVICE CAPTAIN

41. Nolz says:

Hey guys,

I like many have the Watson issue but unfortunately my mids have been disappointing the last few weeks and with only 5 trades, I have a massive task to get this one right!
    GAJ, Swan, Watson, Barlow, Deledio, Priddis, Fyfe, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)
    I'm thinking a straight swap for Watson – JPK or S Mitchell, which would allow me to upgrade Blicavs to Goldstein as well. Or do I leave Naitanui and Nicholls on field and save the Goldstein trade? Any help would be amazing
    Cheers

• Jimbotraralgon says:

For watson I would follow waynos hot tip and go rok. Love the way he goes about it. Would also pull the trigger on goldy…nicholls is doing great but is a safer bet at R3.

But I would then bank the remainder of trades for finals.

• Nolz says:

Thanks Jimbo – ROK would be a good POD, might have to toss a coin between him and Mitchell. Cheers for that!

• Gary V. says:

Pendles!!

42. Daniel says:

Great podcast this week jock! Although it's not the same without Higgo and crouching one. Thinking of doing Watson to dangerfield and upgrading vlastuin to a defender/forward but I was thinking of getting a forward next week like pavlich/nic nat for thurlow as they have high breakevens. Thoughts?

• Jimbotraralgon says:

Get rid of thurlow…2more weeks and will struggle for a start after that.

43. Luttski says:

Can you have 3 swans in the guts?

• Kane says:

I dont see any reason not to have 3
      They all seem to be rack up some good handy points maybe with the exception of the dissapointing Josh Kennedy

• Jimbotraralgon says:

Sure no bye consquence to worry about. Swans have a tough last 4 weeks for finals is the only concern. If you are talking 3 of jpk jack rok and titch then no sweat.

44. Gary V. says:

Podcast not the same with out the other two….. Specially the Crouching one. Pod cast getting worst as the week goes by, no effort in this one I reckon… LOL. Crouching and Higgo decided to have a week off!

45. FrontPocket says:

I heard a whisper that Crouching was spotted in Port Douglas, surrounded by a bunch of other marshmallows having a crying-is-therapy session.

• Jimbotraralgon says:

Funny I saw him fly kicking crocs up in darwin this week he will fight anything after tigers this week. Where have you seen the oracle from the orient?

• BestCoastEagles says:

Poor Old Crouching fell into a river infested with crocodiles. Unfortunately they could not pull him out before he ate three.

46. Jimbotraralgon says:

Missing crouch and higgo. Not a fan of brackston……maybe wayno can get some extended time in the shed next time you are down on numbers?

47. jock says:

Do i Keep goodes for another week after his good score or trade him now for enright???
    Cheers

• Kane says:

I think to save a trade and keep goodes
      He has been doing better than enright anyway
      If your to upgrade him i would upgrade him to a goddard or gibbs if you dont already have them

48. Brian says:

Great work Jooork! :)

49. Osh says:

Why did Fyfe only score 82 when he had 35 disposals?

50. Terry says:

Hope crouching is ok!

51. Joe says:

JPK v Sammy Mitchell

52. James says:

I only have 3 trades left. Watson needs to go and i also want to take out monfries. Should i keep monf for finals?

• Dee says:

No, get rid of Monfries for Stevie J. or even Pavlova! Watson for O'Keefe/Barlow… Done!

• BestCoastEagles says:

Use the one trade if you need too, Watson to J.Selwood, S.Mitchell or ROK. If you have the cash look at any of the Super Premiums that you don't have. You could do the Monfries trade it will leave you one trade and a lot of praying. Good Luck

53. Fraser says:

G’day Jock need your and the communities input here. I am trading down a ruckman and this will complete my team. Well hopefully!

Which ruckman around or below $150,000 would suit. Thinking either Brodie Grundy or Liam Mcbean with his dual ruck swing which could help.

• Josh says:

if he's just gonna sit on your bench pick mcbean for the swing or someone like naismith or osborn who are rock bottom price

54. Dee says:

Will there be a tight arse tuesday edition tomoz Mr. Jock!?

55. Ryan says:

My team:

DEF: Goddard, Hartlett, Heppell, Shaw, Gibbs, Ellis (Staker, Wilson)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Swan, Griffen, Priddis, Mundy, Watson (Mitchell, Crouch)
    RUCK: Goldstein, Cox (Nicholls, Currie)
    FWD: Bartel, Stokes, Kennedy, Cloke, Rockliff, Ryder (Mayes, Daniher)

I have 125k and 10 trades left.

Not sure what to do, keep Watson and put Mitchell in or trade him? And I'm not exactly happy with my FWD line.

Thanks

• Daniel says:

Watson to O'Keefe/s.mitchell
      Cloke to nic nat/pavlich (could do this trade next week)

56. Tim Darbyshire says:

DEF. Goddard, Gibbs,Heppell,Shaw,Duffield,Goodes,(Webster, Colquhoun)
    MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Josh Kennedy, J.Selwood, Cotchin,Rockcliff(T,Mitchell, Crouch)
    RUCK: Goldstein, Roughie (currie, Nicholls)
    FORWARD:Cox, Nic Nat, Martin, Josh Kennedy(eagles), Hawkins, Staker, (B.Kennedy, oxley)

only $12,500 left in the bank,

willing to down grade a bench player any suggestions Thanks

57. Zac says:

1 – Ibbotson or Taylor
    2 – Griffin or Swan

• chandanrajdb says:

Taylor & Swan for mine……

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• BestCoastEagles says:

Same as Raj, Taylor & Swan. Griffen at 664,000K way too expensive his bubble will burst as he has a hard run coming up Ess, Hawks, W.C, Swans, Blues & Crows. without Boyd there those teams will TAG the life out of him.

• Zac says:

Cheers fellas, wasn't sold on Griffin but still on the fence with Ibbo and Taylor

• BestCoastEagles says:

Not sold on Ibbotson that is my opinion he has been up to long not sure if he can keep it up. Taylor for me has more potential and is going to be more consistent saying that Ibbotson has a easier run home. Six of one half a dozen of the other. Toss a coin

58. Gilly says:

My rucks are Nic Nat, Jacobs, Nicholls and Witts with Roughie in the forward line.

I have 11 trades and $107k. For the last 2 weeks I have had Nicholls on the ground instead of Jacobs, first week cost me 20 points last week earned me 25 so I was thinking.

Option 1.
    Jacobs out swing Roughie forward and bring in Andrew Walker.

Option 2
    Trade Jacobs to Liam McBean generates 300k to put towards upgrades next week.

Then next week could move Bartel to mid and bring in Cox for ruck insurance or just use the money to upgrade some of my mids Hanneberry, Shuey and Delideo into absolute premiums.

Any thoughts???

59. Xavier says:

I know Buddy is probably going to come good…but I'm getting so &*%^*&^ sick of him! Do I make myself hold or trade in either Kennedy or Bartel. have 8 trades left.

Fwd Line is: Roughhead, StevieJ, Westhoff, Ryder, Hawkins, Buddy with Mayes and Daniher on the Pine…it's not the best fwd line but the rest of the team has been solid enough to keep me in the mix… I have nic nat and Cox in the ruck (Nicholls, Witt: Benched)

• BestCoastEagles says:

Had Buddy all year, i am afraid the moment i trade him he will start Blitzing. I would be looking at Hawkins more than Buddy Boy.

• Xavier says:

I have the same feeling about Hawkins, sure (praying) he’ll come good. Think you’re right though, Cats and Hawks are going to keep winning and be top 4 for a while but I can see buddy getting more opportunities to kick a bag than Hawkins…

60. Scott says:

OUT: Nic Nat & Sidebottom

IN: Kreuzer & J.Selwood

I also have Watson but I feel that Mitchell will provide good cover for this week especially playing GWS

• BestCoastEagles says:

Nic Nat ??. You must have trades to burn not sure if that's the smarted move flicking the Big Fijian. Sidebottom to J.Selwood if you have too but i would hold on Nic Nat he can smash out the big ones at will. Be careful and be patient as you have witnessed the carnage that has been going on with players going down.

• Scott says:

I'm playing dreamteam so I get 2 trades per week…

I have lost patience with Sidebottom and cant handle him any more. Nic Nat has been pretty rubbish in DT with an average of 80.. last 3 scores of 68 62 91. I was either going to flick him or Franklin because I have had enough of him as well to be honest. I'm afraid of Franklin coming home solid towards the end of the year though.. not too sure. What you reckon?

Team with those trades is:
        Goddard, Hibberd, Heppel, Gibbs, Terlich, Shaw, Goodes, Clisby
        Swan, Ablett, Danger, Pendaz, J.Selwood, Priddis, Kennedy, Watson, Mitchell, Hrovat
        Cox, Kreuzer, Nicholls, Witts
        Bartel, Reiwoldt, Kennedy, Martin, Rockliff, Franklin, Rowe, Staker

• Gary V. says:

HOLD NIC NAT. MULTICULTURAL ROUND THIS WEEK….. Projected score of 167….

• Scott says:

I think I'm going to give Franklin the chop this week… every man and his dog has him and he has been useless.. Nic nat will do a much better job then him I feel. If he was going to come good then surely it would have been by now. I have to go by my gut and that is Franklin is OUT

• Kewgie says:

I was thinking of trading in Nic Nat, but he seems a bit down at the moment. Is he possibly injured as he mentioned on AFL 360? A couple weeks ago no one said you could get him for under 600k, now look at his price. Is Roughy or Goldstein a better option?

• BestCoastEagles says:

If you can hold off for a week or two Nic Nat will drop nearly 90K (Supercoach). His next two Break Evens are 170 & 130. The big Fijian will bounce back with a BANG !

61. Ben says:

Hey ,

I’m trading out Watson so who would you prefer?

ROK

selwood

Mundy – Will freo rest players when they play Melbourne , GWS ect.

• Dan says:

Selwood would be my choice but back yourself mate!

• Bill says:

Mundy won't get a rest because he has already had two weeks of
      I would would go ROK he scores very well at the end of the season and is cheap for what he can do

62. Nathan says:

Dropped my first game of the season on the weekend, but am still in front of my league by a game. Am playing the guy who is second this week. Any thoughts on my team? This is DT. Have $170K.

Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Ibboston, McKenzie, Vlastuin (Webster, Clisby)

Ablett (C), Pendlebury, O'Keefe, Dangerfield, Priddis, Cotchin, Fyfe, Rockliff (Hutchings, T.Mitchell)

Clarke, Cox (Nicholls, Currie)

Bartel, Roughead, Kennedy, Franklin, S.Johnson, N. Riewoldt (Rowe, Lee)

At this stage, thinking of:
    Vlastuin to Hanley
    Franklin to Tippett (Sydney has a huge run coming up)

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

63. Kewgie says:

Is it worth keeping Zorko? With a Macaffer downgrade I can upgrade Zorko to a gun, or will he finally come good?

• pieofgod says:

the standard response would be have you filled every other starting position with premium players yet? if you have and you've got the trades…then thats what the remaining trades are there for. Good luck

• Joey Joe Joe says:

If you have more than 5 trades left, do the deal.

If less, hold and hope.

64. SCattery says:

Hey everyone, big decision this week. Who to get from ROK, Jack, Mitchell or Selwood.
    Currently leaning towards ROK as a bit of a POD. But also like the look of Selwood's draw and the consistency of both Jack and Mitchell.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

• pieofgod says:

the beauty is you cant go too wrong. I have a feeling Hawthorn are the most likely to rest S.mitchell given they will have secured a top four birth by then and are more interested in being rested for the prelim and GF than where they fall in the 4 itself. out of the other 3 my gut says K.Jack will score the most…..but should JPK find form you'd have to think he's taking a contested possession or 2 off K.jack. leaving ROK as cheap, unique, and poised in a team looking to make a run at the top 4 in the last few rounds of home and away.

Even as i'm writing my gut still says K.jack

NO help? hopefully a little

• SCattery says:

Of course it helped mate! thanks for the advice, looks like ive got some thinking to do..

65. crabby says:

O'keefe vs Jack?

Side note – already got JPK, is it appropriate to have this many swan mids? They're no swan & pendles

66. Starkis says:

I have a full team of Premiums (If you can call Zorko and Rockliff) Premiums and 6 trades left.

My Defence is: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, H Shaw, McKenzie, Terlich, Goodes, Webster.

Would anybody go Goodes to Hanley or would you hold trades?

• Joey Joe Joe says:

Hanley a steal at $415.

But Goodes still great value at $400.

If you have the trades, make the move. If low, hold.

• liam says:

Presumably Hanley starts and terlich or McKenzie to bench. I think you get more consistent scores from them than rockliff so I'd trade rockliff if anyone

67. Will says:

I just need to fill in Crouch for a premium mid, tossing up between Stevie, Selwood, ROK and Jack, who would be the best choice?

68. SMH says:

Need to decide whether to field Nicholls and bench Franklin OR field Franklin and bench Nicholls…

I feel like Nicholls will outscore Franklin this week but would still like everyones view

69. Joey Joe Joe says:

Nicholls going gangbusters and looks consistent for 85-105 score. Franklin out of form and could be anything from 50-150. Go for consistency.

Field JPK and Mitchell. JPK has to come good next week or two and Mitchell looking great. Sidebottom out of form and more risky for real dud score.

• Scott says:

Cheers mate.

I’m also thinking of fielding Goodesy over Hibberd as well. Goodes probably has more of a chance to score big

70. dannyboy says:

im lookin at my omera upgrade this week with 230k in the kick. my options are danger, barlow or mitchell. im thinkin mitchell cos i will still have 188k to help my next 5 trades after this one. or do i go balls out for danger or barlow? im ranked about 9k and just wanna finish as high as possible. people, what would you do?

71. C-JAM says:

Need Help with my Ruck fellas.

Currently team is full premo besides from my ruck . i have Spud Jacobs, T Nicholls on field with Rowe and Currie not doing much.

Thinking of getting rid of rowe, and swing nic nat from up forward, or maybe getting rid of Jacobs as well for Minson. but then i will be down a premium up forward.

8 trades left, $254k in the kitty.

This is the last pain in my proverbial. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• James says:

Take a look at Kreuzer, averaged 119 over his past 3, 114 over 5. His average of 94 effected greatly by the match he was injured in (34) and his return match (40). Only 506k and worth a look at.

72. James says:

Stevie J or Dangerfield. Stevie j is 50k cheaper, and with an easy draw I am leaning towards him.
    Any thoughts?

73. Adam V says:

This week
    Out: Watson, Jacobs
    In: Cotchin, Minson

74. cam says:

is it OK to have swan and pendelbury in the same team