POLL: Vlastuin & Goodes – hang onto them?

Filed in AFL Supercoach poll, Supercoach by on June 24, 2013 • views: 1308

3 burning Supercoach Dt questions.Plenty around the community are having a real good hard look at their backlines this week – some are looking to bring in a new premium.

There’s a bloody interesting question to be asked here, especially considering the plight of new kids on the block Brett Goodes and Nick Vlastuin.

At the beginning of the season there weren’t many of us who would have swallowed the slightest mention that one of these blokes could be considered as keepers for the whole season. Both have provided gallant service down back, been a bit up and down, but overall have done everything you could have asked of a rookie and more.

But defense has been a BASTARD this season, and besides Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw and Heppell there have been no blokes put their hand up as genuine solid as a rock solid tried and true back options. Seems as soon as one bobs up, he’s tagged to buggery.

Begs the question community.. in light of the inconsistency this year down back.. could it be the way to go to just keep on keeping on with Vlastuin and Goodes until someone puts their hand up with conviction?

And another question many are grappling with… if you have both and want to move one on, which one do you choose?

Who would you prefer as an on field defender?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Wayne says:

Should I go Terlich and Pittard >> Cotchin and Lach Hunter? This means I wont be able to get in Pendlebury as my midfield would be complete.

• Wayne says:

or i could wait a week, as Terl and Pittard should reach their B/E's and Cotch probably wont.

• @TG_Footy_Tragic says:

I'd get Pendles in over Cotch, but not at a detriment to my team… Go with your gut mate

• Remy says:

Are these good trades?
        Vlastuin~Carlisle
        A. Black~Roughy
        I wanted a POD and I see Carlisle as one, all AUS form I reckon.

• Josh says:

If you want a POD and you are limited on cash i would try hombsch or even brent reilly. Yes Carlisle is in All Australian form but he isn't exactly that good at supercoach. If you do have more money try a mckenzie or malceski for POD's

• micki S says:

good trade

• Milos says:

I would like to notify everyone that Birchall is out for 4-6 weeks with a PCL injury

2. @TG_Footy_Tragic says:

Neither for me, I have Hanley, Birch, Shaw, Gibbs, Duff & Goodes… Goodes goes this week to Goddard.
    I was "set" but I can't keep Goodes as my D6…

3. Samuel says:

Mr. Crimmins please help me sir.

This is my team (almost finished it)

DEF: Goddard, Hartlett, Heppell, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin (Thurlow, Webster)
    MID: Ablett, Pendelbury, Swan, Watson, Barlow, Priddis, JPK, T.Mitchell, (B.Hill, Kommer)
    RUC: Cox, Pyke (Nicholls, Currie)
    FWD: Naitanui, Bartel, Martin, N.Riewoldt, J "Twinkle Toes" Kennedy, Rockliff, (Staker, Daniher)

I wanna make two more trades and then that's it my team is finalised. Who do u think needs to go im leaning towards either vlastuin or rockliff or do you have any other suggestions? what should i do?

• Redfin says:

Barlow is injured for 3-5 weeks, so trade him out. I would go for C.Ward due to the Giants’ easy run home, or maybe C.Sylvia? Up to you but get rid of Barlow

• FrontPocket says:

Freo are saying he's still a chance to play this week, so I doubt it'll be 3-5 weeks out.

There are plenty of premiums in front of Ward and Sylvia. N. Fyfe, T. Cotchin, B. Deledio, P. Dangerfield.

• footyinme says:

Yeah found out Barlow had minor surgery to his face at most a week off so hold hold hold no silly sideways crap

• chandanrajdb says:

OUT: Vlastuin & B Hill / N Kommer
      IN: B Gibbs & L Hunter (Buldogs team, has played only one game though)

And in the coming weeks upgrade on of the midfield rookie to a premium for M8 Position…..

Cheers,
      Raj……

• Remy says:

Vlastuin has a BE of 136, he has served us well but he will be bleeding cash in the next few weeks. Time to go.

4. Maxy says:

1 slip up, a tad reactionary. Keeping Goodes and Vlaustin for another week. Hanley and Birchall haven't fired either but you wouldn't sack them just yet. Trades too valuable at this stage.

5. vinny mac says:

OUT: Vlastuin
    IN: Heppell.
    Terlich and Goodes are the only rookies I have on field. In the next 3 rounds if the popular DEF options are too inconsistent I feel I may need to bring in a lower-scoring but consistent DEF, e.g. Enright and Scotland.

6. THESALTSHAKERS says:

Did the Terlich to Birch last week worked for me, this week not so much was bleeding actually.

I traded out Houli before round 3 has smashed it since….and I've been missing that D4 since.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Shaw, Ellis, Goodes — Lester, Thurlow

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, Wingard, T.Mitchell — Mayes, Hrovat

Rucks: Minson, Goldstein — Nicholls, Rowe

Fwds: Cox, Bartel, J.Kennedy, Franklin, Rockliff, S.Johnson — Macaffer, Staker

Ranked 905th

Proj 2457 (wouldn't that be nice)
    $84,000 cash

What should my next move be? 8 trades left. Daniher presents the best option this week so Caff > Daniher for $200k and then potentially upgrading my backline but who to get? I'm thinking Lester > Hanley this week but then again he's a bit of a rollercoaster…but who isn't in the backline that I haven't already got? Ive looked at Ibbotson, Heppel, Hibberd, and the one who looks the best is Houli but Ive already traded him out…..I'm stubborn….I can't?

Massive dilemna what to do with this trade as only 6 trades left for injuries

Any idea's?

7. Luke says:

Hoping for a bit of guidance from the community here, Team is:
    DEF: Goddard, Hanley, Hartlett, Heppell, Gibbs, Goodes, (Terlich, J. Clarke)
    MID: Pendelbury, Watson, Kennedy, Priddis, Cotchin, Mundy, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, (K.Martin, Hrovat)
    RUC: Cox, Kreuzer (Nicholls, Currie)
    FWD: Bartel, Kennedy, Rockliff, Franklin, S.Johnson, Staker (Rowe, Daniher)

Ive got 581,000 in the bank – What should be priority

• THESALTSHAKERS says:

Upgrade staker to Andrew Walker (Carl) or Nic Natanui

• dooly says:

you have to get ablett in as soon as possible

• FrontPocket says:

Make this #1 priority. I tried going without Ablett early, and it's taken me until this round to work him in.

As Jock and the boys have said and written in numerous places:
        Select Ablett 1st, then build the rest of the team around him.

I'll be taking this advice next year fo' sho'

• Mungo Man says:

walker for terlich (move staker back), and roughead for rowe. trade for gary ablett when t mitchell fires and goes 400k plus.

• Dolls_87 says:

Well structured team, but like the others said, get Ablett.

8. Smittzzy says:

Goodes > Shaw
    Vlastuin > Ibottson

Seems to me like a good trade what do you think community? can we go better? don't trust Duffield, Waters or Hanley

• chandanrajdb says:

1st Trade looks really good……

But not so sure on Ibbotson……as yet….I know he is smashing the scores ATM…..not a proven Premo IMO…..If your gut feel says he will be good for the rest of the season then do it mate……

Cheers,
      Raj….

9. Remy says:

Hello community I really need some advice, I'm looking at trading out Vlastuin and A. Black this week, I really, REALLY need help deciding who to trade in for them….
    Vlastuin to……
    Black to……
    Please help, I have (If I trade out Vlastuin) 537,000 to spend on a defender and for Black I have 540,000 to spend on a forward.
    Your thoughts would be much appreciated:)

• chandanrajdb says:

OUT: Vlastuin & A Black

IN: B Gibbs & D Martin……

Cheers.
      Raj…

• Jay says:

Good Choices…..like Gibbs and Dusty!!
        Could look at Shaw in DEF as well, if you have Gibbs in the team already – I think those 2 are most trusted instead of likes of Hanley, Duffield, Waters, Ibbotson, Hombsch, Mckenzie etc..

• Morse says:

I totally agree, had both these boys from the start and they don't dissapoint.

10. Dabman says:

Why would you not include Terlich in this list also? Ave 83 last 3……. compared to goodes 75 & vlasty 63. He has potential to score 100+ also.

• Potentially yes, more a consistent 70-80, a lot more consistent then vlastuin for sure. His scores might drop though as Melbourne have a easier second half. Less time in defense and thus less rebounding. But it could go the other way as well I guess.

Personally I'd keep Goodes, consistency is key and I hate 30's.

11. Jay says:

Goodes seems to be producing more consistent scores – hasn't gone big like Vlastuin did with a 140 and 130 but hasn't gone too low either, so as a D6 – I'm choosing Goodes and Vlastuin is out for H. Shaw

12. Homeless Heroes says:

Team is set, just having a little dilemma.

D: Goddard, Heppell, Birchall, Shaw, Gibbs, Goodes (Clarke, Staker)

M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Selwood, Cotchin, Hannebery, Priddis, Fyfe (MItchell, Martin)

R: Maric, Natinui (Nicholls, Currie)

F: Martin, Roughead, J.Kennedy, Frankiln, Rockliff, Stevie J (Daniher, Lee)

Enough in the bank to trade Goodes to the Duff Man but only 5 trades in the bank? Feel trades are more important than the upgrade at this stage? Thoughts?

13. Max says:

And a top of the Monday to you all fellow Jock Reynolds punters. Having been a part of this community and giving feedback where necessary, I keenly seek your advice on my fair old team. Be brutal 'cos that's the only way I'll get better!

DEF: goddard, hanley, birchall, gibbs, goodes, pittard (thurlow,webster)
    MID: ablett, swan, watson, barlow, kennedy, deledio, selwood, hodge (hill, t mitchell)
    RUC: cox, roughead (rowe, nicholls)
    FWD: bartel, martin, kennedy, rockliff, naitanui, staker (daniher, lee)

14. Jason says:

Speaking of getting rid of players, are there any good downgrade options this round, apart from Daniher?

I'm trading out Maccaffer for him, but I'm tempted to just wait until guys like Mitchell, Nichols, Terlich and Staker plateau before slaughtering any more cash cows.

The plan is then to make one or two big downgrades before bringing in a couple of final premiums. Another option is to get rid of Zorko or even a Shuey over the next couple of weeks.

• FrontPocket says:

I'm tempted to oust Zorko as well, I just don't have the trades up my sleeve to do it. If you've got enough trades to go from now through finals then I'd thumbs up getting rid of Zorko, but otherwise, stick fat.

The generally agreed strategies are such that we should have a full premium team (22, on the park) going into the next round, so we should be able to sit on whatever remaining trades we have unless we really need them.

• chandanrajdb says:

Agreed with respect to Zorko mate……I am in the same boat……and getting really frustrated with ZORKO the DUD……and I am very thin on trades left so I will have to stick fat with him ATM…..

Cheers,
        Raj….

15. Eugene says:

Vlastuin has to go for me coz his B/E is too high now.
    However I'm not upgrading him to another defender coz they all suck and I already have Gibbs/Goddard/Heppell/Shaw.
    Will swing Staker back and get myself Nic Nat!

16. Tim says:

trades for this week
    vlastuin=> Lachie hunter
    Macaffer (switch with staker) => Shaw

17. FrontPocket says:

I traded out Vlastuin over Goodes. A bit of a coin-toss. Vlastuin gave me an extra $5k to play with. Goodes is still on the field in my backline (he'll be bench cover come finals time, barring other injuries) but I reckon he'll play out the year more consistently than Vlastuin since he's a mature-age recruit, plus he's got the kind of heritage that makes you confident of his putting in every week.

Vlastuin has had some tasty scores early in his career though.

18. jonathan says:

My backline is as follows Goddard, Heppel, Gibbs and Birchall – I need advice from the community – Should I keep Charlie the Dixon and trade out justin clarke or do the trade and trade clarke out next week – i have webster and Frosty on the bench with $474,400 to spend.

• chandanrajdb says:

If Charlie Dixon isn't playing this week then you got to get rid of him…….no point having that much of cash sitting on the bench doing nothing….

OUT: Dixon & Clarke
      IN: Shaw & Trent MaCkenzie (GCS) as mentioned in this weeks podcast by higgo….or any premo of your like……..

Cheers,
      Raj….

• jonathan says:

I looked into that mate and I was short by $2000 getting mackenzie next week, but if dixons in im keeping him in

19. jonathan says:

The trade im doing is bringing Shaw in.

20. Danny says:

is it worth upgrading Mundy to Selwood or Watson…
    Selwood one trade
    Watson two trades
    7 trades left prior to the trade

Midfield – Ablett, Swan, Pendilbury, J Kennedy, Priddis, Mundy, Dangerfield, Fyfe (Mitchell, Horvatt)
    I still have to upgrade Lester in defence and Jacobs in the ruck but only have 6K in the chest?

• dustin says:

Dont worry about sideways trading mundy at the moment, worry about that in the finals. at the moment you should focus on upgrading rookies.

21. Jack says:

My back line is:
    Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Shaw, Birchall, Goodes (Vlastuin, Thurlow)
    With an aim of getting Hanley in a couple of weeks for Thurlow, should I go Hartlett to Heppel? Or with only 8 trades stick with Hartlett?

• dustin says:

If you still have other rookies to upgrade then i suggest you focus on them first, leave the side trading till later in the season or finals time therefore you wont regret it

22. rob says:

griffen or barlow?

• dustin says:

Barlow at this stage, Griffen is just too damn expensive at 660k so you could wait for him to go down like i am

• Scott says:

melbourne and GWS in next two weeks…. averaging 130 against top 8 sides…next best is GAJ on 132…. tough not to consider Griffen

23. dustin says:

Surely Bachar Houli is now a must in the D6 and could be the last piece to the defense puzzle because Hanley/Duffield are too inconsistent. What do you guys think?

24. matt says:

Hey guys this is my team thus far, only 128k in the bank and 10 trades left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really stuck on what to do this round ;/

Defence:
    Shaw, Goddard, Ellis, birchall, goodes, vlastuin EMG: terlich, thurlow

Midfield:
    Ablett, Watson, dangerfield, deledio, shuey, priddis, omeara, Tom Mitchell EMG: viney, crouch

Rucks:
    Minson, natanui EMG: daw, nicholls

Forwards: bartel, cox, rockliff, socko, franklin, Harvey EMG: staker, daniher

Only 128k in the bank and 10 trades left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• throttlefinger says:

Cash in for Vlastuin, for sure. Houli is playing very strong. Maybe spend a little more and upgrade to Gibbs.

• Dolls_87 says:

I wouldn't be comfortable playing both O'Meara & Mitchell in the mid, your priority should be there.

• Er, Significant Jock says:

I would go Daw > McBean. This gives you RUC/FWD swing to use with Cox, and an extra $155k in the bank.

Then consider your other trade up options.

• Riley says:

Birchall out for 4-6 weeks knee injury

25. Sleepy says:

Hey Jock, think there are a few other good reliable backmen. Ibbotson and Mckenzie although not household names are at least playing consistent footy. Averaging 103 and 97 respectively. Also old timers (mister consistents and hardly ever injured) Enright 90 and Murphy 94 are plugging along pretty OK. Houli up there on 96. Malceski on 93.

• Josh says:

I agree sleepy, another good defender is Michael Hibberd, he has a high break even of 129 so he should drop down to around 470,000 next week making him a good pickup, he has only two scores under 85 and he is not likely to get the odd 30-60 points like some of the other high priced defenders.

26. cam says:

have staker in the forward and have enough cash to trade to anyone. who are the best options?

27. Jonas says:

Thoughts on my team, who to trade and who to get in?

Def: Goddard, Hanley, duffield, birchall, Gibbs, staker. Emg. Thurlow, colquhon
    Mid: ablett, pendles, Watson, swan, Selwood, swallow, hanneberry, pridis. Emg. Mitchell, Martin
    Ruck: cox, Jacobs, Nichols,currie
    Fwd: walker,Martin, Kennedy, Franklin, cloke, rockliff. Emg. Daniher, lee

7 trades left, 94k in the kitty.

What moves old you make?

28. Davo09 says:

Hi guys,

Suggestions on inclusions / trade outs on my team?

Def: Goodard, Heppell, Birchall, H Shaw, Gibbs, Goodes (Vlastuin, Sierakowski)

Mid: Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Barlow, Fyfe, J Kennedy, Priddis, T Mitchell (Hrovat, Kent)

Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer (Nicholls, Currie)

Forwards: Franklin, Cloke, Rockliff, S Johnson, J Kennedy, LeCras (Staker, T Lee)

11 trades remaining and $275K

Thinking about trading out LeCras for Nic Nat or Roughy? Also, thinking about brining in another premium into my midfield.

• Rick Grimes says:

Nice looking team. LeCras would be the first out for mine. Couldn't go wrong with Roughy or NicNat. Though I really like Bartel – super consistent. If Vlastuin is going to sit on your bench, you could consider downgrading him now and then look to upgrade Mitchell in a few weeks time.

• Riley says:

Brichall out for 4-6 weeks knee injury

29. brad says:

i've got drew petrie in my team, and his BE is near on 200 hundered this week. thus he will start leaking serious cash.
    for a premium keeper i can ride the rollercoaster of the ups and downs, but is petrie a premium keeper???? dont know whether to take the cash and spend it on a better forward option. ( i have nicnat, bartel, buddy, petrie, monfries, staker, b kennedy, rowe)

30. Davo09 says:

Hi guys,

Suggestions on inclusions / trade outs on my team?

Def: Goodard, Heppell, Birchall, H Shaw, Gibbs, Goodes (Vlastuin, Sierakowski)

Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer (Nicholls, Currie)

11 trades remaining and $275K

Thinking about trading out LeCras for Nic Nat or Roughy? Also, tossing up bringing another premium into my midfield.

31. alex says:

what to do over the next couple of weeks?

def: goddard,heppell,shaw,hanley,gibbs,goodes (thurlow,frost)
    mid:ablett,pedlebury,watson, dangerfield,kennedy,barlow,mundy,priddis (T.mitchell,hrovat)
    ruc: natanui,jacobs (nicholls,currie)
    fwd: roughead,cox,franklin,zorko,lecras,staker (daniher, B.kennedy)

9 trades left, roughly 100k

• alex says:

8 trades***

• footyinme says:

You need bench cover down back get West coast rookie defender B.Wilson in for Thurlow that should add another 90k. That's all I would do this week.

So then I would say your DEF is complete, a lot of people finishing their DEF 6
        with either Vlastuin or Goodes.
        Your MID looks awesome, complete.
        Hold Jacobs in the RUCK until you reach finals – that way you my see him improve?
        Trade out Staker next round he will be worth around 280k – 285k by then plus the 190k in the bank should total 470k. Trade him for a premium FWD next week e.g. Stokes or JJK Twinkle Toes.

• alex says:

i already traded vlastuin to shaw, and maccaffer to daniher this week, so hopefully there are some rookies on the bubble in the coming weeks in which i can downgrade thurlow, staker and B.kennedy

32. Riley says:

What about Cyril coming back this week v lions could be a good pick averaging 111 good pick say about 1-2 weeks away could be the difference between winning or losing . My trades are Seedsman out …….
    N.Vlaustin out Goddard In

Need help with Mid can afford any one up to $ 568,500 Jock ??? Anyone

• Zimmer says:

Would steer clear of Rioli. Great player, but is up and down and often injured. Too big a risk.

• Jay says:

Quite a few choices: Fyfe, Watson, JP Kennedy, Deledio, Cotchin, J. Selwood, S. Selwood…..or if you want a PoD, you could consider someone like Montagna (Ave 111) or a Douglas (Av 107) – or if you can muster up another 10k, I'd go for Dane Swan…

33. Dylan says:

What to do with 9 Trades

DEF:B.Goddard, D.Heppell, P.Hanley, N.Vlastuin, B.Goodes, D.Terlich (Stevenson & Thurlow)

MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, JP Kennedy, B.Deleidio, J.Selwood, N.Fyfe, D.Mundy, T.Mitchell (Viney & Crouch

RUCKS: D.Cox, J.Roughead (Nicholls & Rowe)

FWDS: JJ.Kennedy, N.Natinui, L.Franklin, D.Martin, A.Walker, B.Staker (Daniher & Neade

• liam says:

good midfield but Mundy out this round. i think your backline is the biggest problem area. Goodes out this round and vlastuin about to bleed money like a stuck pig. bring in gibbs or similar premium in defence not sure what terlich is worth but maybe downgrade him or vlastuin and upgrade the other?

34. Dylan says:

And $17,500*

35. raymond hill says:

is luke breust a value for money pick up or not

• Jack says:

At this stage, you should be looking to fill your team with proven premiums, not mid price bargains. While Breust is $57,900 than he was at the start of the year, I would not consider bringing him in, due to his inability to consistently score high. He has a low score of 42, and only a high score of 116.

36. JD_Cereal says:

I've got B. Goodes, Jack Steven and Zorko, all boys that could be upgraded to score me a bit higher. I've got $40,600 in the bank and 5 trades left. What to do?

37. SCL says:

ok guys, need your opinion, I have the option of a combination of

ROUGHEAD & HANLEY or

N.RIEWOLDT/D.MARTIN & MICHAEL JOHNSON/HANLEY

which do you think is the best in terms of consistency?

38. footyinme says:

Riewoldt and Martin

39. micki S says:

If you wanna see my Supercoach team. My team name is Turn It UP (Michael). Approximate ranking of 109,000th

40. footyinme says:

Can't believe it Birchall out 4-6 weeks after getting him for Dixon rd 11
    Back lines a bitch this year.

• SCaddict says:

Yes folks we now have the undisputed front runner for BotY (Burnman of the Year) honours!

Surely it's going to take quite an effort to top this so reckon Crouching can start preparing his Youtube video now!

41. cal says:

as my main man Brian Taylor would say. BOY OH BOY!! grant birchall out for 4-6 weeks with a torn PCL!! who would be a good person to replace him with 510K?

The questions I want to ask.
    is it worth having heath shaw despite also having cloke, swan and pendlebury?
    is blayne Wilson's job security good?
    any defender rookies out there?
    who else is a good premium defender? heppell (already have goddard and Watson)

42. Dan says:

shaw or gibbs?

• Scott says:

gibbs is lower in price and dual position, although shaw is doing great recently.

if you dont care about cost then go shaw, but with murphy out gibbs could get more midfield time.

43. Dan says:

hombsch or hartlett?

44. dannyboy says:

i was going to trade mcaffer to daniher and vlausten to shaw this week. made my mind up on sun night. now birchall (bloody BURN MAN) goes down from 4-6 and now i dont know what to do. im thinkin birch to hanley and vlausten to hibberd. but i really want to get shaw. do u guys think they are good trades or should i do my first option, bench birchall for a week and get hanley (or gibbs) next week. i was plannin to go omera to watson next week, boy birchall has really done a number on a lot of coaches this year. i bought him when he was at $560k which just makes it more painful. he is NEVER going into my sc team ever again.

• Cancel says:

Go Birch to Hanley
      Go Vlaustin to Scotland Goddard Gibbs Heppell Ibbostson Shaw Or You could look at A rookie in M Clisby forBENCH ONLY !!!!!

45. Dave2008 says:

Yep Birchall has been my burn man too had him from the start. I am thinking him to Shaw and then Vlastutin to Ibbotson but don’t quite have the money. Looking ok for top 4 only in running for league with 11 trades left it would be better to finish defence with as few trades as possible. So question is is H shaw a must have? Ibbotson/any other def under 548 100 or H Shaw and any other def under 486 600. Then Stevie J and another def before finals or keep Goodes as D6?

Backs: Goddard Gibbs Heppel Goodes Terlich Vlastutin Therlow

Mids: Ablett Pendlebury Kennedy Dangerfield Watson Fyfe Bsrlow Priddis Mitchell Saunders

Rucks: Jacobs Natanui Rowe Nicholls

Forwards: Cox Rockcliff Franklin Martin Kennedy McCaffer Staker Kennedy

218k in the bank

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

• Birch's Buddy says:

If you can somehow create an extra $800, I'd go with Heath Shaw and Bachar Houli. If not, at 480k Malceski has been impressive in recent weeks.

• Dave2008 says:

Very good option you suggest in Houli but can’t find the extra 800. I don’t think he’s worth an extra downgrade trade to get him though so its either just the one trade Birchall – Shaw and either Vlad to Hibberd/eski/ or downgrade to Wilson/clisby then next week Terlich to Ibottson. Problem is at this time of year I don’t want to have to downgrade again in the backs as Thurlow looks like a white elephant so unless Goodes is d7 I need 3 more premium backs in total and one forward (Stevie j) so 4 upgrades needing up to 6/7 trades leaves only 4 for finals when usually I go in with 6. So I need to pick the bargain. If only Shaw wasn’t the expensive standout back I don’t have…hmmmm

46. Scott says:

Jobe or Swan?

Feel like with all this talk about Watson and drugs he might not play in near future or his form could be affected. I already have Pendlebury and sometimes i feel swan is inconsistent. i would keep the player for the rest of the year. Thoughts?

thanks

• Rick Grimes says:

Swan is very solid. Had him from the start and cannot recall him letting me down. I don't have Pendles yet, but I'm very tempted by Griffen. If things go my way over the next couple of weeks, I should be able to get both, giving me a mid of Ablett, Kennedy, Bartel, Swan, Pendles, Griffen, Barlow. BOOM!

47. Dylan says:

Who do I get in for Birchall with just 430,000

48. T-Bone says:

I have $831,700 to spend on 2 Backman look at either-
    H, Scotland and H, Hartlett — left $ 6,200
    H, Scotland and D,Pearce — left $ 35,600
    B, Godard and D, Glass — left $ 11,400

I also have steaker in my forward line so i could swing him back to buy a forward
    H, Scotland and J, Riewoldt — left $ 17,700
    B, Godard and J,King — left $ 4,800
    H, Scotland and J, Garlett — left $ 15,400
    A, Christen and H, Scotland — left $ 1,700
    Not look for a major forward my back line needs more help
    Open to any ideas?!?!

49. Stis says:

Don't forget about HIBBERD! I've had him since the start of the year and has been my best pick for 2013……best part is no1 else has him and he gets 95+ every week! Unlike birchall and hartlett who cause me heart problems every week!

50. doggies14 says:

Looking to trade out Goodes,Clarke and Staker. Any help with who i should get. I'm planning on getting premium defender and Nick Riewoldt up forward. I have $170,000 left.

B.Goddard,D.Heppell,P.DuffieldH.Shaw, B.Gibbs, B.Goodes (J.Clarke,T.Smith)

D.Swan,J.Watson,P.Dangerfield,B.Deledio,J.Selwood,L.Ball,T.Mitchell,G.Ablett (K.Martin,N.Hrovat)

W.Minson, D.Cox (T.NIcholls,D.Currie)

A.Walker,J.Bartel,D.Martin,J.Kennedy,L.Franklin,B.Staker (S.Rowe,T.Lee)

• liam says:

get rid of rowe instead of staker and consider bringing in in roughhead instead of riewoldt.

51. Jason says:

I've got Birchall but also only 8 trades left. I'm almost tempted to just hold him. Would this be suicide? I've still got to make some more cash and bring in one or two more premiums in other areas.

• liam says:

you have the trades i say use them. he could be gone for a month so depending on your defence get in another premium

52. David says:

Got Goodes, Vlaustin and Terlich, who do I get rid of for Gibbs?

• chandanrajdb says:

Vlastuin……

I am keeping both Terlich and Goodes as my bench players……ATM……

Cheers,
      Raj….

53. David says:

Who's likely to score more: Nicchols or Staker?

54. rob says:

Is it just me or does anyone else find it really irritating, when people post their teams in the wrong order… eg…. Def Line ..heppel, staker, vlastuin, shaw, gibbs, hanley.

or murphy, o'mearra, fyfe, b.goodes, Gaj, pend, swan, Danger.. etc…

makes my skin crawl.. hahahaha

55. Alex says:

Running out of trades way fast, went Birch > Malceski and downgrade Thurlow to Richards so I can have a def/fwd link with staker 130k in the bank 5 trades left.

Go Caff > Walker, Jimmy or Martin;??
    Fwd line goes: Rocky, Cox, Kennedy, Franklin, Stevie J and ,,,,,

56. Excellent blog ight here! Also your website quite a bit
    up very fast! What web host are you using?
    Can I am getting your associate hyperlink for your host?
    I desire my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

Here is my web blog; Fat Burning Workouts For Men