Have you been Birchalled? Team talk round 13

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach by on June 21, 2013 • views: 902

Your Supercoach Mob

Birchall subbed off during the 3rd quarter with a crook knee without even reaching 40. Not a nice way to kick off the round community!

Take something from the fact that if you have him his break even was only 34ish so his price will still rise a bit. That’ll be a good thing if it turns out he has a long termer and we need to use that cash to go sideways to some other defender. Defense is a bastard of a thing this season make no mistake about that.

Enough of that rot – how is your team looking? It’s the last of the bye weekends – thank buggery for that. With most of the heavy Supercoach and Dreamteam hitters out it could be a week where captain selection is the difference between winning and losing.

You on fire this week.. or in struggle street?

1. SMH says:

I want to shoot myself for ever buying Birchall. He has been nothing but useless since I got him and has lost me over 160k… oh well, i guess thats fantasy footy for ya!

Other then that, big Coxy and Kennedy have been absolute stars!

2. @OssieTerron says:

Birchall is dead to me… Getting on the Scotland train… Wooowoo

3. Remy says:

Oh well

4. @emhoy says:

He was injured I got him last week so will not right him off yetHe was injured I got him last week so will not right him off yet

5. Dave Ruddick says:

Got him in this week and he was super cheap…not at all worried…it looked like a minor injury. He will still average 95-100 for the rest of the season.. For $ 415,800 he was a bargain.

6. footyinme says:

Not worried mate a tick over 25 percent of people have him and I feel that there will be more chaos to come in any direction.
    He did score 40 for bugger all disposals so that's a positive for me, plus injury looks minor.

7. Sully says:

Very disappointed about birch just brought him in this week!

nic Nat only got 114 so who should I put the big C on out of:
    cotchin
    Kennedy
    or stevie J

8. Josh says:

I was tossing up between Birchall and Hanley, I went with my gut feeling and chose Hanley. My mobs doing well so far this week with Kennedy (125), Cox (115), Naitanui (114) and Franklin (97)

9. jake says:

jock ive got the VC on Natinui at he moment, should i use his 115 or keep C on Fyfe

10. SCaddict says:

Yes with the Birch red vest an already nasty weekend just got a little nastier. Can feel quite a slide in the rankings coming up. The Thurlow omission did me no favours either.

11. willeefto says:

438 with 4 completed. Pretty happy thus far. I had J.J.Kennedy, Naitanui, Priddis and Buddy.

12. Westy says:

I've gone the Captain loophole. Had the big V on Roughead for an easy 145 points. Docherty onto the pine and Gibbs onto the field with the C.
    So far this weekend, Hodge 102, Roughy (290), NicNat 102, Priddis 114, Cox 115, Kennedy 125 & Franklin 97. All topped the ton except the new member for GWS.

• Westy says:

Oops I mixed up NicNat and Priddis. It must have been the hair!

• Westy says:

800 points (945 points with captains loophole) for 7 completed. Burchall's poor week should augur well for picking him up in a couple of week's time.

• rob says:

well done with the roughy C score! i was dissapointed with jpk for mine!

13. Azza says:

My teams gone well so far, NicNat, Cox, Roughy, JJK, Buddy to help get me to 636.

Unfortunately brought in Birchall this week for Terlich….ruins the above but oh we'll, at least he won't leak money

14. Sully says:

738 with 7 players used they were: birch, roughead, buddy, Kennedy, nic Nat, cox, priddis

15. Nick Kongos says:

Picked up birchall 5mins before start for thurlow……at least he will make me $40!!!!!

16. tony says:

Bloody hell Birchall.. costing me my game!!
    anyways fellas who do I whack the big C on this week
    cotchin selwood or nat fyfe of the fremantle footy club?
    cheers

17. Liam says:

Good start to the round 553 from 5 with Kennedy, Cox, Priddis, Nic Nat and Buddy. Just want to know your thoughts on Nick Riewoldt captain this week. Himself and Nick Dal's 250th and playing Melbourne so hoping for maybe 120+. Other options would be to take Nic Nat's score of 114 as he is VC or could go J.Selwood, Fyfe, A.Swallow or Mundy?

18. Saltysalts says:

Great start 601 from 5

Question for you all: do i burn a trade (k mitchell -> hrovat) for the sake of having 15 on the park? Selections have been very unkind to me!

My goal is rank. I would still have 11 trades left after this. Currently ranked 413 thanks to you all out there in the JR community!

19. woodman says:

Just traded Birchall in this week. Oh well thats the way it goes. Hopefully he will bounce back soon.

20. Fabian says:

VC on Kennedy. First time I've actually made a decent selection. Lucky I have 19 onfield, so hopefully Birch's score is the lowest.

21. Papaneri says:

Got birch this week & to top it off I have hurn….what a shocking start to this terrible week.

I have Rowe captain & josh Kennedy emergency. I will get jk's score yes?

• Tyler says:

If you leave Rowe as captain yes you will get Kennedys score unless you put the captain onto another player who is playing this week.

22. dela says:

Birch very disappointing. On a completely unrelated note, if you had to chose b/w 2 rucks big willy minson or todd goldstein?

• Saltysalts says:

Goldstein for mine. Solidified himself this year. Not sure whether Minson will keep on cranking out tons in the second half, probably will though. I would just say goldstein is a more reliable pick.

23. Rick says:

I had 3 backmen playing this and 2 were subbed with injury last night, Birchall and Hurn. Great start

24. Daniel says:

Had Kennedy, priddis, cox, and then there was birchall letting the team down! Going to put vc and jpk but not sure whether to put c on cotchin or Barlow, but NM have multiple taggers. Advice be great thanks

25. cam says:

who is a good forward less then 420k???

26. Jordan says:

Birchall is killing me mate! Last week getting 100 was a first in a while.

Using the captain loophole on tommy Mitchell. That could get me over the line this week if he has a huge game.

27. Super_Freak says:

Could be in for a good one this week. 614pts from 5 played last night. Go Roughy. Have O'keefe, JPK, mitchell, and Hartlett playin atm. All doing well except Hartlett.

Glad I traded in Ellis instead of Birchall yesterday, but that could come back to bite me over the coming weeks. Birchall did look OK last night until he was subbed.

28. footyinme says:

Have VC on JPK will I get his score as Captain if I leave the C on say Ablett who I have on the field. I ask this because I have not done this loop hole in the bye round yet.
    I also have 18 players who will score for this round.

29. Osh says:

Who's a better option to put the C on:
    Barlow or Fyfe or Stevie J???

30. NICK says:

so far been screwed by birchel and also been conned into getting brett dellido by jock of all people who said he would be the right person to get should stuck with my gut and went with joel selwood he is a better player then dildo and can get a tag away oh well next wekk get rid of brett bring in selwood as brett cant handle a tag man why do I listen to jock

• FrontPocket says:

Deledio is a star, what's your deal?

• NICK says:

my deal is Richmond players are no good only Richmond supporters will think they are good and selwood flogs deledio all over the field he is the package sorry but dids I should have went with my gut I never ever pick dids becoase he is no good and next sesson no Richmond players like cocth and dids come on they cant score over 100 its been weeks since cotch scored 100 and get rid of vlastin he is running out of gas

• Tyler says:

Wow , you sound like a 5 year old ,
          I would put my faith on Deledio over Joel , Joel has been average this season and I have both of them , Deledio has been the better player overall .Look at the stas
          Deledio : Avg : 113 , top 3 biggest scores : 163 , 141 , 140
          Selwood : Avg : 107 , top 3 biggest scores : 163 , 140, 147
          Deledio has been more consistent . If you're having a sook by not backing your judgement , why didn't you just do it ? Jock gives advice , he doesn't know how the players will score exactly so quit sooking .
          You should've done the loop and put the vice on Deledio and put the C on a player with the bye so you could put the C on Selwood after Deledios match .
          Deledio had 25 touches tonight mate , Picken had just 6 , I don't know what you expect but that's a pretty good night at the office for someone who was being tagged .
          And haha , So Vlastuin scores one bad game and we should trade him ? so every player who scores well then has an off game we should get rid off ? joke of a bloke dude.

• throttlefinger says:

Will say that Vlaustin may be ripe for an uptrade. Way he played today and they way Newman and Houli went at it, may be good to trade as his value will start to go down. Would be surprised if he hit a ton more than twice the rest of the season.

• Super_Freak says:

Have to agree with you FP. I traded in Lids, Dusty & Ellis this week. I'm confident they will keep performing all year. This week I reckon they fell victim to the trend this year of players scoring lower against poorer sides. Most players seem to lift and score more points against better sides.

31. NICK says:

still cant belive I got delido instead of joel selwood listeing to jock again instead of going with mmy gut dids cant handle a tag selwood can oh well going have anther bad score thos wekk just have to hope cotch and dids turn it on the second half

32. Chumpy says:

Vlastuin, Goodes, and Old Man Cornesy letting me down today for sure to add to the Birchall pain

33. Rocksta says:

Birchall and Hartlett are killing me, week in week out. Also, I brought Cotchin in this week for Vlastuin. Is that a good trade or a bad Upgrade? Cotchin is down on form and really struggling, but Vlastuin has definitely peaked ( BE this week of over 70 and he scored 31). I also traded Crouch for Hrovat. I watched the game tonight and quite frankly Hrovat simply will not be played if he plays with that lack of intensity. He's only on my bench but from what I saw tonight, he's a long way off it.

34. Rocksta says:

If they had a medal for the biggest 'Burn Man', and the season ended after this Round, whom would win it: Birchall, Hartlett, Sauce, or Zorko ? ( or other?)

• throttlefinger says:

Hmmm. I'd go Zorko followed closely by Brichall. Zorko hasn't underperformed most of the season. Couple bright spots. Birchall shined bright early then got tagged and struggled. Started to show form last week. Hope injury is minor.

And I still have Zorko…Jock keeps convincing me to keep.

• FrontPocket says:

… and I've got all four of them. Hurrah for me!

35. Pete says:

Birchall is dead to me, burn man of the year for sure!

36. John says:

This was the round I planned to have a shocker and my predicted score of 1745 is pretty much on the money. Not concerned though as is the last bye round and from next week my team will almost be set with all my best players coming back in.

37. Liam Fitzgerald says:

Good trade if Cotchin was who you wanted. Vlastuin time to go. Only reason I held ontohim was to trade out sheuy as worried about bigger money loss with him. Pity about cotchin’s score. Ah well ablett is back next week. And with couch to hrovst its about the money to get in a premium so after this week shouldn’t be a concern

38. Mr_Consistent says:

I just hope that all you Birchall Baggers are aware that he was hurt in the first 10 minutes of the game and was unable to run around the paddock with his usual zest. He was labelled by Alastair Clarkson in the press conference after as "Courageous" as he stayed on long enough so the sub could have a bigger effect on the game.

• pie.of.god says:

agreed….too harsh. Birch to bounce back next week against brassy with another 118!!!!!! p.s. i picked him up @ round 6 or something when he peaked and lost teh 160'000 too, he'll be sweet

39. Richard says:

Barlow or Fyfe for captain? Or do I keep Nic Nat's 114 VC score?

• SCaddict says:

It's been a weekend of low scores (unless you have Roughy or Griffen) so I would probably bank Nic Nat's 114. I discarded JPK's score of 107 as VC and went with Lids as C but that obviously backfired.

Having the bye round from hell as I kind of expected after dominating in the first two byes. Just two more games and these blasted byes are behind us!

• footyinme says:

Yeah I reckon 1800 this week would be a good score for those who might score over 1900 this week followed by strong scores the 2 weeks before will be loving it.

40. Anton says:

All people crying about "JOCK THE LEGENDS" advice should give themselves a uppercut. It's advice grow some balls and learn to make a couple of decisions yourselves and have a bit of respect for the great one.

• Super_Freak says:

Nicely said Anton. Jock and this great community are here for a bit of advice and a lot of laughs. Keep up the good work Jock & Co.

41. tony says:

Guys really need some advice, had Cotchin as vice but only the 86,
    Who would you put captain out of Goldstein, Selwood or Fyfe?

42. footyinme says:

No Mundy geez
    Don't have him though ouch!

43. footyinme says:

1745 for me damn it!
    Had Lids as C oh well, would have only topped around 1800 this week anyway.

44. No, but I did get Rockliffed.

45. Joshau says:

I got Birchalled and Vlastuined. But I expected it from Vlaustin…considering that, I'm actually pretty happy with my 1691 from 17! (only going for a league win of course)

46. @Jacko2128 says:

1743 from 17 not too shabby yeah? Mundy killed me

47. Chumpy says:

Managed to scrape 1843 thanks to a good game from the Fyfe, as well as putting the C on Joel Selwood today paid off

48. Osh says:

Got Tom Mitchell and O' Meara. Who should I put as my 8th mid?

49. Osh says:

I got Birchalled, Vlustained, Hrovated and Pittarded!!!

50. davo says:

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BURNMAN

51. Pete says:

Goodbye Birchall and Hanley, hopeless DT defenders

Hello Goddard and Ibbo

52. david says:

What do you guys think of Bachar Houli as a POD in defense?

53. Johnny says:

Ouch lost by 20 points this week and had Birchall to blame….very annoyed!!

54. Fitzy says:

Is it possible to be elated and shattered at the same time?
    My wife's team scored 2191 this week (a carefully planned assault on the difficult bye round when a lot of the guns were sidelined. A good score, with lake being her lowest included score with 82pts (birchall, goodes, vlastuin and hanley were the lower scores)
    She ummed and ahhed about trading in griffen for swallow however decided against it.
    End result 2nd overall for the round. Best ever weekly result for either of us, but one spot off the $1000k. I am not looking forward to seeing how much she got beaten by.

• SCaddict says:

2191 is a monster score for that round. Surprised someone else was able to best that. Anneliese was unlucky to miss out on the grand.

55. Pete says:

BURNCHALL!

56. Benny says:

birchall out for four weeks
    hold?