Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – We’re half way there

Filed in Supercoach, Weekly Podcast by on June 16, 2013 • views: 2539

Supercoach half way mark

Can you believe it community? We are now into the back half of the season.. and more importantly, we only have to deal with one more of these bloody byes!

That’s great news because we can now look at a good 2/3 of the competition and select them knowing that they won’t have a stinking bye on the horizon.

No point stuffin round – tuck straight into this week’s show and join in the discussion below.

Hope your team is going great guns during the byes,

Jock

1. Sam says:

Hey community, thoughts on my team

Wolves in Winter… 5 trades remaining … 8k …

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Duffield, Gibbs, Goodes, Vlastuin (Terlich, Thurlow)

MID: GAJ, Pendles, Watson, JPK, Danger, Selwood, Fyfe, Priddis (Mitchell, Hrovat)

RUC: Nic Nat, Goldstein (Nicholls, Currie)

FWD: Walker, Cox, Johnson, Martin, Rockliff, JJK (Kennedy, Staker)

Trades this round: O'Meara –> Selwood, Jacobs –> Goldstein
    Trades next round: Terlich (switching Staker to defense) –> Daniher
    In upcoming weeks: Goodes & Vlastuin –> Hanley & Shaw

2 trades left for injuries … set team for the remainder of season + finals …

2. Smittzzy says:

Came 3rd for the round this week Jock. very excited.

3. joe says:

roberton to birchall
    or
    d pearce to birchall

What do you guys reckon?

4. Kade says:

Heres my team guys (discarding round 13 bye)
    DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Birchell, Gibbs, Hartlett, Vlastuin (Colquhoun, Thurlow)

MID: GAJ, Pendles, Watson, JPK, Danger, Selwood, Swan, Crouch (Martin, Hrovat)

RUC: Cox, Maric (Nicholls, Currie)

FWD: Bartel, Franklin, Johnson, Zorko, JJK, Mcaffer (Rowe, Staker)

Crouch to Mitchell is a must. Which leaves me with 2 trades and $535,500 in the kitty.
    My question is, is it worth bringing in players with a high breakevens?

Im thinking about trading
    Mcaffer-Nic Nat
    Vlastin/Thurlow-Hanly or Heppell
    I can trade thurlow but itll put vlastin on the bench (too much coin?) or do i trade vlastin for one of them which will leave me with 200k to spend on my final midfield spot, which will happen when my 3 rookies jump up.
    Thoughts?

• Kade says:

I also have 10 trades left

• Genco says:

Younger going to have a bad round this week….. You only have two mids playing haha

• chandanrajdb says:

MaCaffer to Nic Nat is a good one can't argue with that….

I think Vlastuin to Hanley or Heppel is a good one and keep Thurlow as an Emergency mate…..as you have said above too much of cash sitting on the bench if you keep Vlastuin……IMO…..However I wouldn't be doing this trade this week since, Hanley has got high BE and will reduce bit more in price and Heppell has got a Bye this round…..I would probably wait for one more week for this trade…..

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• Maestro says:

What are you planning when you start getting injuries later in the season? Save your trades!!

5. Willeefting says:

Jock, I disagree with your thoughts on chopping young Vlastuin and taking the cash. Now look, Vlastuin has an easy run in the next few weeks with doggies and saints. HOLD for a few more!

6. bout7 says:

Managed 2033 (DT) this week… pretty happy

7. throttlefinger says:

Ellis or Ibbotsen for Hooker? Leaning toward Ellis. Less $ and looked strong.

Or someone else for upgrade?

• Sam says:

Hanley will look nice in a few weeks

• Remy says:

Birch, throttle

• throttlefinger says:

Have Birch, Rockin Remy. Hanley and Shaw are my other prems. Think I'm going to wait and pick up Goddard next round for Hooker. Siiigh.

• Logan says:

Not convinced with either of them. Has all the trademarks of early season high-performing defenders that faded out & burnt most SC teams (aka Hartlett & Birchall).

Not many choices in defense apart from the usual suspects in Goddard, HepD, Shaw, Gibbs, (the good ol’ Guinness) Hanley & if you have got the cohanos Beau ‘Glass’ Waters or Jake (Smokin’ barrel gun) Carlisle. Most of these players in the same price range as Ibbotson.

• dan says:

Ellis,
      Should be number 1 defender for remainder of season baring injury, if richmond form continues. Can't be, Wont be tagged

8. Sam says:

Birchall … Looked good friday night

9. Tyler says:

I wouldn't say cut any players like O'Meara , Vlastuin or even Terlich , I got rid of O'Meara for Fyfe and since I did that O'Mearas scored 92 , and now 116 while Fyfe had his worst score of 77 + I got rid of Dwyer ages ago , as soon as I got rid of him he scored over 100 , My point is, one's like O'meara , Vlastuin and Terlich who are still scoring well you might as well keep in until they start playing poorly , O'mearas doing better than most of the premiums so why upgrade him and waste money when his doing better? same with Vlastuin a 79 that's better than Duffields 70 was it ? why would I trade out Vlastuin when his scoring better than Duffield ? bit pointless.

• NutSack says:

Disagree. I have 23 premiums in my team now- Omeara is not a premium. Any team that still has Wines or Omeara should have a look at teams listed here- and realise they are well behind. When Omeara plays its fingers crossed he scores a good score- but that doest happen with true premiums. Youre example of Fyfe is unlucky- but Fyfe is a much more consistent and capable player than Omeara. Plus youre already losing money with Jaeger and he's not going up much more.

• Jason says:

I'd only trade O'Meara if you need bye coverage or you're getting in a premium with a low BE.

Otherwise wait another round as he is set to go up next game.

• TheScorpions123 says:

seriously , its time to part with terlich and omeara, give vlastuin a couple more weeks to fatten him up and then slaughter him

10. Tyler says:

Anyways here's my team so far ,
    Bk: Goddard , Hanley , Hartlett , Birchall , Vlastuin , Terlich : (Thurlow , Docherty)
    Mid: Ablett , Pendlebury , Swan , Deledio , A Swallow , J Selwood , Fyfe , Priddis (Mitchell, Hrovat)
    Rk : Maric , Nic Nat (Nicholls, Currie)
    Fwd: Cox , Franklin , Rockliff, Zorko , Macaffer , Lecras (Kennedy, Staker)
    I have 8 trades left with 135k in the bank ,
    thinking about using 2 trades then keep the 6 left for finals ,
    Thinking of getting rid of Ben Kennedy for Daniher , why ?because 1 : even though Daniher has the bye , I'm not facing anyone hard this week so I could get away with it , and Joe is highly respected at Essendon and I figured he'd bring more bite then Ben Kennedy + his on the bubble after the bye , and the 2nd would be either getting rid of Lecras or Macaffer and putting in Dustin Martin , was going for Nick from the saints but I thought Martin looks a better pick , thoughts?

11. Matt says:

231k in the bank. Just Shaw, Swan and one more forward to inject into the team post bye until I’m complete. Who will that forward be? I’m not sure. Already have Walker, Bartel, Martin, Rockliff and Roughead as locks (Natanui in rucks). Who should I bring in?

Options would have to be Stevie J, Cox, Cyril, Tippett or even Goldstein or Minson.

• Zimmer says:

Thinking about Ryder after the bye. Cheap now, and has been pretty consistent since his suspension. Just a thought.

• kal says:

put nic nat in the fwd line and bring in minson in the rucks. bad game last up. he is a monster

12. Marc says:

Great opening with the Bon Jovi there!

My biggest issue at the moment is my final midfield spot. Upgrading O'Meara, i'll either go Selwood this week for 490K or Watson next week for 550K. I'm leaning towards Watson though. It'll give me a midfield of Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Kennedy, Mundy, Cotchin, Priddis and Selwood/Watson with Tom Mitchell and Kyle Martin on the bench.

• throttlefinger says:

Jobe seems the more surefire choice. Envious.

• Marc says:

Yea, i'm leaning towards him the most. It'll cost me a big extra, but I think in the long run he'll be worth it.

• throttlefinger says:

Mos def. He's a proven gun. Sure in the back stretch his numbers will be more consistently 110+.

13. Veg says:

Whats the community think about Tippet?

• throttlefinger says:

Wait and see. Give him two games to see how he fits in. Will take that long to build chemistry.

• John says:

he is a spud and there are better options out there than that ****

• Marc says:

Nope. He's a boom or bust guy, he's capable of putting up huge scores 120+ scores, but he'll only do that once every 3-4 weeks. Otherwise he'll be hovering in the 70-80 range and sometimes down in the 40's as he is capable of going missing at times.

If he was coming in costing 250K-300K, I might warm to him, but at 470K, you'd be better off trying to find the extra $ elsewhere and getting a Roughead, Martin or Walker type.

• Birch's Buddy says:

I have a general policy of staying clear of key position players. And that goes for even Nick Roo, who was very tempting this year.

• ross says:

He is always a wait and see prospect. I would wait for 2 matches and see what the swans midfield does for him. Also we have to wait and see what his break even will be.

14. ross says:

Community, I have need of your help again. I have both Neade and Dwyer in the forward line and $253,600 in the bank. My thoughts are to trade Dwyer for Stevie J.
    Next, as everyone will be wanting to do this week, that is trade in Mitchell from the swans. I would have to trade out one of my 3 mid/def players. Goodes or Vlastuin. I will not trade Gibbs. Jock and the Community any thoughts and advice?????

• Veg says:

Vlastiun has a good run in next few weeks

• throttlefinger says:

Either good for Stevie J. I'd go with Dwyer too, as Neade's job security probably better.

Hmmm. Vlaustin still has a very low be so I'd go Goodes. But they both are solid and steady. Anyone else in Mids you can sacrifice?

• ross says:

The rest of my midfield after this weeks bye is : Gaz, gibbs, walker (carlton) kennedy (swans), barlow, omeara, zorko, bartel, rockliff and vlastuin. What's your verdict?
        Neald is scoring poorly so he will have to go as well. I was thinking Joe Daniher and that gives me some cash back as well. So after these next 3 trades I will be left with 12 trades.

• throttlefinger says:

Very nice team. I'm bringing Daniher for Staker. Kid has been gaining confidence. Think he'll earn a spot. See him hitting a ton here and there. And Neade is a serial 75 pointer.

• Bob says:

Maybe move walker into forward?

• ross says:

Yes my thinking as well, after reading many of the posts. Swap dwyer and Walker, sell Dwyer for Mitchell, then swap bartel with neade. Sell neade for Stevie J and then sell Mc Caffer for J Daniher. Or something like that. That will leave me with plenty of cash $300,000 plus and 12 trades. I will neade to make 2 trades this week. Both Collingwood players out for Mitchell and Stevie J.

15. Luke says:

Great podcast fellas !

16. Mike says:

Pulled the plug on Sauce Jacobs this week sold him for Mitchell (Blicavs back to ruck), O'Meara to Selwood and Hutchins to Birchall 11 trades left with 350k still have def – Thurlow, Saunders mid – Vlastuin, Crouch fwd – Macaffer, Staker, Kennedy to upgrade.
    Goin to trade Vlastuin to Hanley and Macaffer to Danniher what do you think, any tips??

17. Jeremy says:

Sitting in the high 2000's ranking wise…Terlich to Birchall this week I'm thinking

Team will be:
    Def:Shaw, Goddard, Heppell, Birchall, Goodes, Vlastuin (Webster, Frost)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Deledio, JP Kennedy, Mundy, Priddis (Mitchell, Saunders)

Ruck: Minson, Naitanui (Nicholls, Currie)

Fwd: Walker, Cox, Franklin, Rockliff, Kennedy, Breust (Staker, Paparone)

Pretty happy with where I'm at. Have had Mundy from the start and he's really starting to pay off for me, as are Swan and Shaw, who I picked up at their respective lowest prices throughout the year. My problem lies with Breust – would love to trade him, but all I can afford is Stokes, McEvoy, Maric, Leuenberger etc (the latter two I've already traded out this year at different points). The plan was to get Riewoldt, but Breust's 42 has stuffed that up. Won't be able to get Riewoldt next week either, as Breust will drop just as much in price.

Suggestions community? In a bit of a pickle with this one. Cheers

18. billy says:

fellas, i have 5 trades left and need to get rid of sauce jacobs. the best player i can afford to bring in for him this week is leuenberger. the rest of my team is full of premiums and the byes are not an issue for me this week. is there anyone cheaper who i could pick up or should i hold?

19. Gazza says:

Really stuck this week. Have 11 trades left and my team looks like this:
    Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Duffield, Hibberd, Vlastuin (Thurlow, Sierakowski)
    Ablett, Watson, Danger, Delidio, Fyfe, Kennedy, Priddis, Mitchell.Tom( Blicavs, kennedy.b)
    Cox McEvoy (Nicholls, Currie)
    Stevie J, NicNat, Martin,Buddy, Rockliff, Kennedy, (Macaffer Staker)
    Trades for this week
    Macaffer > Daniher
    Kennedy.B > Barlow
    Vlastuin or Hibberd > Ellis
    Thoughts????

• Smittzzy says:

Can't go wrong with Kennedy to Barlow. I also think the Macaffer trade should earn you some cash. However Ellis is not proven still young and he'll drop off. Recommend looking at Shaw when his price drops, safe reliable and not usually ravaged with injuries. Give Hanley another week to.

• chandanrajdb says:

Like your 1st 2 trades there mate……agreed completely…

last trade i wouldn't be trading out Hibberd…..I think you can keep him…..Vlastuin to H Shaw would be good trade if you can afford H Shaw…..but I will do Vlastuin to H Shaw next week…….Ellis is not a proven Premium for me as yet……

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• Tommy Gun says:

Ellis’ high scores this year have been against the lower placed sides and unfortunately you’ve missed the boat (started at $300k). A better option would be Hanley, next week after he’s dropped in price with any luck will be even cheaper than Ellis is now.

20. Dave says:

Loving the podcast fellas. Has made my first year in Supercoach a heck of a lot easier!

Community – Need to upgrade Blicavs. I can't decide whether to grab a ruckman or to swing in Naitanui and grab a forward. Should I spend the cash and grab Minson/Goldstein/Bartel or look at Maric or Dusty for value for money?

RUCK – Cox, Blicavs (Nicholls, Hannath)
    FWD – Walker, Johnson, Naitanui, Rockliff, Franklin, JJK, (Staker, Macaffer)

21. crabby says:

Jock, which two forwards do you think will score the most for the remainder of the season?

Looking to trade in two this week, will be full of premiums – but i'm strained for trades, so they need to be perfect.

Cheers.

22. Dan says:

Who will average more zorko the craptastic or the bearded Hoff can only get rid of one I have a feeling it’s westhoff

• Genco says:

Zorko will improve mate

• NutSack says:

Uhmmm its round 13 already- he aint gonna improve. But good luck in trying to get another 3 tons out of him. I traded him out round 5 when i realised he's not fully up to AFL standard. He had a bad attitude and best move i made- that said i know many are holding on to him and each week their prayers go unanswred.

• Smittzzy says:

Disagree, with Rich and Rocky back in he should find some form and he won't get the tough tag week in week out. He's a contested animal and always lays a good haul of tackles.

• Deanbartel says:

Look at their run mate, 6 of the bottom 8 sides in a row. He'll dominate across half forward and through the midfield. he's still cracked the ton 4 times this year which is more than a lot of forwards.

23. Dan says:

Great podcast funny as great intro had my colleagues looking at me funny sniggering under my breath

24. Matt says:

Hey guys,
    Could use some advice, my team at the moment:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Birchall, Vlastuin, Goodes (Laird, Thurlow)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, JPK, Dangerfield, Barlow, Priddis (T.Mitchell, K. Martin)
    Ruck: Naitanui, Jacobs (Nicholls, Currie)
    Fwd: Cox, S. Johnson, Rockliff, Franklin, JJK, Macaffer (Neade, Staker)
    10 Trades, $157,500 in the bank

Alot of donuts this week, but am not worried as im going for league wins and doing fairly well in them, so can afford 1 loss. My plan going into this week was to go Neade/Laird out for Daniher/Bartel, getting rid of one of my donuts in the process by swapping Staker to def. But Neade's shithouse score has made that $5,400 short.

What Im thinking now, is to also get rid of Macaffer to a rookie, which would lead to having around $200,000-230,000 in the bank, hopefully allowing me to, next week, upgrade JJK/Vlastuin to H.Shaw/A.Walker.

My questions are, should I do this? And if so, are there any other forward rookies other than Daniher that I could grab this week for Macaffer. Or should I do something else entirely.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks guys!

25. NutSack says:

Here's another dilemma for everyone to consider- Tom Mitchell will score as high as any top 10 mid for the rest of the year…… if you have a full mid with Mitchell on the bench- who's gonna have the ballbag to put Mitchell on the field and leave a Priddis/Danger/Fyfe on the bench? We will see! Because Mitchell is most certainly an M8 player- not a bench player.

• Michael says:

let's see in 4-5 weeks, I'm treating him like a rookie, similiar to O'Meara, great now but once he gets a bit tired (as they all do at that stage) he will drop off a little. Not saying he's not a keeper – he's def a keeper for the rest of the year, but not as an M8.

• SC Legend. says:

If you put your 8th midfield premium as the emergency whose playing first every week, who you are not as confident you can do the emergency loophole.
        e.g a Priddis who is a consistent 100-110. If he gets under 90 or so, you can leave him as emergency and chuck Mitchell on the field and if he does score over that, if your second midfield bench is not playing you can chuck him on field and get Priddis scores.

26. Benny says:

got a dilema community have traded crouch for tom mitchell and the jaeger bomb for joel slwood but could have afforded anyone besiddes griffen and pendlebury should i have picked someone else???

• TheScorpions123 says:

now what is wrong with sam Mitchell? he is a bit of POD And is quite cheap at the moment only 520k

27. Connor says:

Fyfe vs Barlow?
    Naitanui vs Bartel?
    Hanley vs Shaw?

I'm more looking at finals because my team is going strong as is

28. Remy says:

Dean Terlich, time to go?

• SC Legend. says:

Cash him in. Should of done it last week with his bye $$$.

Time to cash in and get a full premium team.

• Remy says:

I have 130k, do you know who i could trade in for Terlich SC Legend?
        My back line looks like this at the moment…
        Goddard, Birch, Gibbs, D. Pearce, B.Goodes, Vlustuin with Terlich and Thurlow sitting on the bench.

• Zac says:

You should consider Ibbotson from Freo. Has 4 of the easiest games in SC finals. Averaged 104 this season, 115 in the last 5 rounds, hasn't scored under 70. Playing for the most defensive side the league he sees a lot of the ball and less prone to a tag of half back, hence why he is more consistent than a Hanley or Shaw. Priced at 488, I think Terlich is at 366 so that will cost you 122 odd so you just have enough. I got him in this week also.

29. spud says:

need some advice please.. severe mental block.. hit a bit of a brick wall..

def- shaw, goddard gibbs, heppel, goodes, vlastuin, terlich, thurlow
    mid- ablett, pendlebury, swan, watson, jpk, swallow, mundy, priddis, crouch, hrovat
    ruc- minson, natanui, nicholls, currie
    fwd- cox, roughead, rocklife, franklin johnson, macafer, rowe, staker

11 trades left.. thinking of going terlich -> birtchall. crouch -> mitchell. macaffer-> daniher.

after these trades i will have 264k in the bank.. want to go early on daniher because i need cash to set me up for run in + finals.. and i dont want to waste a trade just to bring someone in who finished byes… meaning after round 13 i can go staker -> ultra premium.. and then take it easy making cash till finals…

that is my original plan (lucky i wrote that down) since then i have confused myself

30. Jay says:

Debating between Drew Petrie or Brent Harvey as the next FWD upgrade? Any suggestions or preferences for FWD upgrade – not convinced on Buddy and already have 4 WCE players in my team (Cox, Priddis, Shuey, JJK) so would be a risk bringing in Nic Nat?

• Jeremy says:

No way should you bring in Petrie at his current price

• Jay says:

Fair point – Any other suggestions for FWD premium?….My current FWD line is:
        Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Walker, Stevie J, JJK, Macaffer, B. Kennedy

I use Rowe to swing Cox between Fwd and Ruc….so looking to upgrade Macaffer this week and use Cox as a FWD

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Jay,

Nic Nat / Buddy / Nick Riewoldt / Rioli (If you can wait for him) / Roughead / Dusty……

Cheers,
          Raj

• Jay says:

Thanks mate…..I'm not convinced on Buddy, with Nic Nat – i already have 4 WCE players, so bringing in a 5th is a bit risky, Rioli – I'll wait till he plays a game or two before considering……Dusty has a very high BE – St. Nick is a good choice – just noticed their draw, Mel & Richmond coming up – could be a good POD, seriously considering St. Nick now!!!

• Rob says:

Bring in Nic Nat if you can. He'll outscore all of the above mentioned fwd's. Even on a bad day he still gets up around the 100 mark. I wouldn't worry about having both cox and JJK, Nic Nat is easily the best fwd option to bring in.

• jonty says:

yes, it would be too risky to have too many players from one team. In terms of FWD premiums, I would go Rockliff over those two as he is significcantly cheaper and has a lot of room for improvement and big scores, but if I had to choose between those two, I would go harvey, as he is cheaper, and has a better average

• Jay says:

Had Rocky since the start of the season!! :-) just hoping Michael Voss uses his brain a bit more and plays in through the Midfield more, rather than at full-forward – or maybe they are just nursing him through the Quad injury?….hoping for some big returns later on in the year!!

31. Jason Rose says:

Any good forward downgrade options this week? Thinking Tom Lee but not sure about his job security.

32. Outatime says:

Trading Kerridge out for one of the Geelong maestros, but what one?

Bartel or Stevie J?

33. FrontPocket says:

Fluctuations!

34. SC Legend. says:

Community, here's my team so far!
    Hanley, Birchall, Gibbs, Heppell, Duffield, Goodes (Clarke, Wilson)
    Ablett, Pendlebury, JPK, Watson, Danger, Priddis, Fyfe, Selwood (Mitchell, Martin)
    Minson, Maric (Nicohls, Currie)
    Cox, Stevie J, Nic Nat, Franklin, Zorko, Staker (Rowe, Burbury)

I've almost got a full premium team.
    I've done Macaffer to MINSON this week with a breakeven of 130 odd but a far easier finals run than Goldstein, right decision?
    I've got $109,400 left and hoping a downgrade of Clarke to a defender next week and Rowe up to Riewoldt next week!

• Pete says:

Looking at Goldstein's run home, he's got Collingwood and Hawks, but has averaged ~ 120 over the past few games against these teams.

35. Michael says:

Macarrer to Daniher
    Laird to Birch
    O'meara to either deledio, hannebery or mundy??
    will put me at 20 premiums with 8 trades left

36. Luke says:

Got a pretty solid team at the minute and sitting within top 1000 for the first time ever (thanks Jock!)

DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Birchall, Taylor, Shaw, Gibbs (Goodes/Thurlow)
    MID: Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Danger, JP Kennedy, Barlow, Priddis (Viney, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: Cox, Leuy, Nicholls, Currie
    FWD: Martin, Rockliff, Franklin, JJ Kennedy, Zorko, NicNat (B. Kennedy, Staker)

Had 11 trades at the end of round 12 – Traded out Vlaustin/Mcaffer for T. Mitchell/JPK this week but have 117,100 left and an extra trade up my sleeve this week
    What I'd love some feedback on is who's the best upgrade target. I have a team of pretty much premiums now which I'm rapt about but feel there's a couple of chinks in my armour.
    Should I upgrade Zorko or Leuy this week or hold on the trade for a week or so and wait til another premium drops in price?

• Carl says:

Viney – K Martin
      Zorko – Bartel/Stevie J
      B Kennedy – Daniher (maybe after bye)

That’s what I’d do. Good team!!

37. Jordan says:

Hi guys, just wondering on some advice.

Def- Goddard, Heppel, Duffield, Birchall, Vlaustin, Goodes, (terlich, coloquhon)

Mid- Ablett, Barlow, Watson, Cotchin, Swallow, Kennedy, Omeara, B.Hill, (Hrovat, K.martin)

Ruc- Minson, nicholls, (Rowe, Daw)

Fwd- Cox, walker, Kennedy, Bartel, Franklin, Black, (macaffer, lee)

This week planning on using 3 trades.

hill>Mitchell

Vlaustin> Ibbotson

Omeara> Mundy.

Some dodgy players in my team I know but they haven’t caused me dramas I’ve been getting good scores.

• Carl says:

I would be trading Terlich over Vlaustin. Vlaustin has 2-3 weeks minimum left of price rises especially considering his soft draw.

Think there would be better defensive options than Ibbotson but that’s just my opinion.

Rest of your trades sound good, although I’d be trying to get Pendles/Swan in someone.

• pie.of.god says:

definitely agree with Carl…terlich this week Vlastuin later – if at all. Ibbotson would be interesting POD, otherwise Hanley – but most serious backlines will have him also

38. tom says:

L ball> j. Selwood??- not sure if Ball is going to go up much more…

and is it worth getting daniher, as I doubt his Job sercurity.
    Thoughts?

39. Rick Grimes says:

There are some pretty dubious interpretations of premiums on here. Plenty sounding off that they have 23 premiums in their team. I'd argue there aren't 23 premiums in the comp. For mine, a premium averages 110+ year on year.

40. Cameron says:

Is Goodes and Vlaustin keepers for the rest of the season?

• bout7 says:

Vlastuin maybe… goodes no

• Smittzzy says:

Think Vlaustin will tyre, only a young man Goodes has a good tough body. Vlaustin first

• bout7 says:

Personally I'll be looking to upgrade both. Probably to Gibbs and Heppel.
          Then my backs will be: Goddard, Duffield, Birchall (F*ccckkkkk), Hartlett (F*ccckkkkk), Gibbs, Heppel
          Feeling pretty uneasy about hartlett and birchall but we'll see…

• Rocksta says:

41. Cameron says:

Are*

42. Outatime says:

This week:

1.Crouch –> T.Mitchell
    2.Kerridge –> Stevie J
    3.?

10 trades left and 294k in the kitty, who else should i be looking into to upgrade?
    Team looks like this:

DEF: Hartlett, Birchall, Goodes, Goddard, Gibbs (Thurlow, Colquhoun)
    MIDS: Ablett, Pendles, Danger, Kennedy, Cotchin, Priddis, Fyfe, T.Mitchell (Rampe, Hrovat)
    RUCKS: Minson, Rowe (Nicholls, Currie)
    FWDS: Cox, Martin, Rockliff, Franklin, Stevie J, Cloke (Staker, B.Kennedy)

Will be upgrading Rampe next week to possibly a Swan, any feedback would be appreciated.

43. ozzie says:

Here is my team its my first year doing supercoach just wanted peoples thoughts on how im traveling and any suggestions.
    7 Trades left 256,100 left in bank

DEF: GODDARD (B), BIRCHALL (G),HEPPEL (D), GIBBS (B)
    IBBOTSON (G), VLAUSTIN (N) Emergencies (TERLICH (D) and DOCHERTY (S))

MID: ABLETT (G), SWAN (D), PENDLEBURY (S), KENNEDY (J), DELEDIO (B), BARLOW (M), WATSON (J) PRIDDIS (M) Emergncies (MITCHELL (T) AND HROVAT)

RUCK: KREUZER (M), BLICVAS (M) Emergencies NICHOLLS (T) CURRIE (D)

FWD: COX (D), ROUGHEAD (J), ROCKLIFF (T), KENNEDY (J), FRANKLIN (L), MACAFFER (B) Emergencies (DWYER (S) AND STAKER (B))

Went all out on getting midfield locked and had way too many silly tades early in the season but looking at downgrading dwyer and upgrading macaffer to walker after bye? (open to suggestions)
    and blicvas to minson soon also want to eventually go vlaustin to a hanley or shaw
    let us know what you think

44. Lekdog says:

8 Trades left, Trades used this round 3/3, $17,600, Team Value $12,927,300

DEFENDERS: Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Hurn, Birchall (traded in this week), Duffield Emergencies: Staker, Webster

MIDFIELDERS: Ablett, Watson, Kennedy J, Selwood J (traded in this week), Mundy, Hannebery, Cotchin, Fyfe
    Emergencies: Mitchell T (traded in this week), Mitchell K

RUCKS: Cox, Roughead J
    Emergencies: Nicholls, Currie

FORWARDS: Bartel, Naitanui, Rockliff, Cloke, Franklin, Kennedy J
    Emergencies: Macaffer, Kennedy B

My only real concern is kennedys injury in the forward line

45. bout7 says:

Hey guys,
    Thoughts on starting Tom mitchell for the rest of the year or way too risky?

• Devan says:

with his scores so far you would think it wouldnt be too bad of an option

• Rocksta says:

Way too early to decide

• Super_Freak says:

I'm definately keeping him as M8 atm. Looks really good, and if his scores start to fade then I can always trade. He's also 1-2 years older than a lot of the other cash cows this year, so he may not tire before seasons end.

46. Devan says:

Hey guys my team after my 3 trades this round is as follows

Def; Goddard, Birchall, Shaw, Gibbs. Ibbotson, Vlaustin (Terlich, J. Clarke)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Dangerfield, JPK, Barlow, Cotchin, S, Mitchell (M Hutchings, T, Mitchell)

Ruck: Goldstein Nic Nat (Nicholls, Rowe)

Fwd: Walker, Rockliff, Zorko, D Martin, JJK, Staker (Daniher b Kennedy)

I just want some thoughts guys do u think i should upgrade players like zorko to say stevie j, or maybe cothin to a pendles?

Also does my team look ok or did i make a bad trade? any thoughts would be apprectiated

47. lochie says:

Who would be the best premium option, I am trading Terlich so I have 481,800 to spend. I already have Gibbs, Goddard, Hanley, Hartlett.
    Any thoughts would be much apprectiated

• Devan says:

Definitely Heath shaw or birchall, shaw for mine

• chandanrajdb says:

If you cannot afford to have H Shaw, then Birchall is a very good option…..

Cheers,
      Raj…..

• footyinme says:

POD are Thompson from Nth Melb and Ibbotson from Freo
      Shaw and Birchall very good options but man a lot of people have them.
      I have Birchall now traded him in last week and will not get Shaw because Iam now searching for the right POD.

• Super_Freak says:

Harry Taylor is another. I.m planning to bring in Shaw next week, but have the exact 4 you named above and cant decide who to bring in this week. Birchall, Taylor, Ibbotson. Even considering Ellis after his recent form, but I'm wary after being burned by hartlett and the Hoff

• lochie says:

Im thinking probably Birchell but not sure if he will still get tagged for the rest of the season?

• Handbaggers says:

I reckon Birchall. Ibbotson a close second though.

48. pie.of.god says:

Think im the happiest ive been with any round of trading this season….
    Terlich –> Bartel (with Staker swing to backline)
    O'meara –> Selwood
    McCaffer –> T.Mitchell-son (with J.Lewis swing to fwd line)

completes fwd line and midfield for season im hoping.
    Now to just wait on Goodes or Vlastuin to see whether they're keepers.
    And whether to stick with Shuey and Sauce Jacobs or not…hmmmm

49. steeze says:

Hey Jock what about Corey Enright as a POD $472k with a pretty soft draw at the cattery

50. Rotten Ronny says:

Keep Shuey or burn a sideways trade to a JPK, Swan or Deledio (bearing in mind I also have Priddis)?

• tony says:

i'm going to get rid of shuey – sick of the boy, go to a bloody elite premium, having priddis has no effect in my opinion.

51. James says:

Do you guys think Garrick Ibbotson is a valid selection?

52. Bozza Boy says:

Hey Jock,
    Upgrading my last forward this week, Brent Macaffer to either Steve Johnson or big Will Minson (From moving Nic Nat down to the forward line).
    Unsure on which upgrade to make. Words of wisdom much appreciated.

53. Veg says:

Whats better to have… trades or $$? I can swap Maccafer to Daniher (gives me $900k + 8 trades) or do without it and have $600k + 9. -Next week looking at getting GAJ and SWAN so there goes 2 MUST have trades for my team

54. Riley says:

Who do I go for jock in the back line 498 thousand to pick up a defender ??? Who

55. James says:

Hey Jock, Higgo and Crouching One,

Should I trade Jaeger O'Meara or Brad Crouch? O'Meara has a breakeven of 57 while Crouch has a breakeven of 2. Crouch seems to be on the outer at Adelaide and could upgrade him to Sam Mitchell or Deledio. I could upgrade O'Meara later to premium.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

56. Riley says:

Low price defender ???? Anyone to pick or watch

57. TheScorpions123 says:

Hey guys, here's my team at the moment 4-6 more trades and I'm finished. I'm going to in the following 2-3 weeks make these trades. I have 195K in the bank.
    B.Goodes > H.Shaw
    B.Macaffer > J,Daniher
    J.Westhoff > S.Johnson/J.Bartell

DEF: B.Goddard , P.Hanley , G.Birchall , B.Gibbs , N.Vlastuin , B.Goodes , (B.Staker , J.Thurlow)
    MID: G.Ablett , J.Watson , S.Mitchell , JP.Kennedy , T.Cotchin , M.Priddis , N.Fyfe , T.Mitchell , (M.Paparone , N.Hrovat)
    RUC: D.Cox , M.Leuenberger (T.Nicholls , J.Witts)
    FWD: N.Naitanui , D.Martin , J.Westhoff , T.Rockliff , L.Franklin , JJ.Kennedy (B.Macaffer , B.Kennedy)

Any thoughts would be welcome.

• Birch's Buddy says:

Trades look good, but I'd hold off on trading Goodes out until he drops off. I don't like to trade out a defender scoring consistent 80-90s.

58. tony says:

fellas need a bit of advice – mccaffer to Dustin martin or Nicky riewoldt?

• TheScorpions123 says:

Dusty.

• Hayden says:

Dusty
      Every day of the week

• crabby says:

I'm probably picking nick. For consistency's sake. Dusty has every chance of pulling out a 70 come finals time, Nick less so. Nick scores well against good teams, when his team's under the pump. Saints finals draw is favourable with this midset.

Who knows though, I'm probably still disappointed in Dusty from burning me every week last year :P

59. Frank says:

Thoughts on my team
    Def: Goddard, Hanley, Hartlett, Birchall, Shaw, Vlastuin (Staker, Thurlow)
    Mid: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Cornes, JPK, Selwood, Fyfe, T Mitchell (Ball, K Mitchell)
    Ruck: Cox, Roughead (Rowe, Nicholls)
    Fwd: Walker, Bartel, Rockliff, Franklin, J Kennedy, Johnson (Daniher, Sumner)
    6 trades left for injuries and whatnot

60. Birch's Buddy says:

Don't even know why I bother mentioning this when it's the same thing everytime: Ripping podcast, boys! Plenty of SC advice to mull over. My team (with my current trades) looks like this:

Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Duffield, Birchall, Goodes (Thurlow, Webster)
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, Boyd, Cotchin, Priddis, Titchell (Vlastuin, Hrovat)
    Minson, Cox (Nicholls, Currie)
    Johnson, Walker, Naitanui, Rockliff, Martin, Macaffer (Staker, Kennedy)

I normally don't ask for specific advice, so this is a first…

I'd love to go Macaffer to Bartel this week (one trade left), with Vlastuin going for Jobe in a couple of weeks and Goodes staying until he drops off. But my issue is that Bartel could be too expensive right now. Is he worth it at 565k, or should I hold off and bring him in next week? Basically it's risk this bye week and save about 20k, or spend a little more than I would've liked for Bartel now.

What do you think?

61. Rob says:

Murphy to Deledio
    O'Meara to Pendlebury
    Macaffer to Gorringe (swap naitanui forward)
    What are your thoughts? All advice will be greatly appreciated!

62. Jeff says:

Better to go for JPK or Joel Selwood? Cant decide!

63. JD_Cereal says:

Trading Evans out, can go any premium MID. I already have Ablett, Pendles, JJK, Watson, Fyfe, Priddis and Jack Steven. Thoughts?

64. James says:

J Selwood or S Mitchell?

65. Bob says:

Whose a better pick for defence:

Garrick Ibbotson or Pearce Hanley?

• hayden says:

Hanley

• bout7 says:

I'd say Hanley

• throttlefinger says:

Hanley for sure. As Jock and Higgo noted, Freo uses a rotating backfield. So one week Ibbo may go big. And Duff may the next. Hanley is a badass who even with a tag can do damage. Plus, Lions have a nice remaining SC schedule like Freo.

• SCaddict says:

Prefer Ibbo. Oppositions are really locking down on Hanley now. Ibbo also has better support in Johnno and Duffman to divide opposition attention.

If you must get Hanley at least wait for him to bottom out in price first as he again has a huge BE this weekend and thus currently overpriced.

66. El Diablo Rojo says:

Which forward to bring in this week? Must be around 500k or less.

Fwd line as follows; Cox, Rocky, Jjk, Zorko, Mccaffer, Winderlich (Staker, Daniher)

$420k in the sky rocket with 9 Trades

Was thinking Buddy or Martin for Winderlich this week

Then Johnson or Walker for Mccaffer next week

Any ideas?

67. hayden says:

Hello community, great podcast as always
    My team is
    DEF: B Goddard H Shaw B Gibbs D Heppel G Birchal H Hartlett (Goodes Staker)
    MID: G Ablett S Pendulbury JPK D Swan B Deledio T Cotchin J Selwood J Omeara (T Mitchell K Martin)
    Ruc: M Kreuzer T Nichols(M Blicalvs D Currie
    FWD: A Walker D Cox J Bartel D Martin T Rockliff L Franklin (J Stringer J Daniher)

I am thinking about Trading B Goodes out for B Wilsin because Goodes is wasted on my bench, then upgrading Viney to M Murphy (when he is 400.00) and then Blicalvs for Natanui.
    What are you thoughts and other trade suggestions
    Thanks

• Scott says:

viney? i dont see viney. If possible you should wait another week for nic nat to drop in price. Trading out goodes is smart because of the fact he is just on your bench. Killer forward.

• Hayden says:

Thanks scott, i had viney but got rid of him last week for K Martin, Also i am in Love with my FWD

68. Rob says:

Deledio and Pendlebury or Dangerfield and Barlow?

69. Daniel says:

Another great podcast jock and the crew! After the podcast I had thoughts of doing
    Murphy to deledio
    Wingard to j.p.kennedy
    But I'm not sure of trading Charlie Dixon this week for another premo defender as he has been a loser since I got him in round 6. So should I trade him out this week or should I trade him next week for a Hanley?
    Advice would be great thanks

• Hayden says:

Ok, YOU HAVE TO TRADE OUT C DIXON. And he has his bye this week, so maybe for Hartlett Birchall or hanley,

70. SIzzler says:

I'm thinking of going:
    terlich – mitchell (swinging goodes back)
    macaffer – dusty
    murphy – im not sure! (566k). I'm leaning towards kjack but deledio, kennedy, s. mitchell and cotchin are all good options
    My midfield is:
    Gaz, Pendles, Swan, Watson, McVeigh, Priddis, Dangerfield and ??? (mitchell and viney on the bench)

71. Hayden says:

Hello community, great podcast as always
    My team is
    DEF: B Goddard H Shaw B Gibbs D Heppel G Birchal H Hartlett (Goodes Staker)
    Ruc: M Kreuzer T Nichols(M Blicalvs D Currie

What are you thoughts and other trade suggestions
    Thanks

72. Pie boy says:

Danger, JPK or Selwood as my M8?

I already have Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Cotchin, Barlow and Fyfe.

Any suggestions would be great.

73. nsch says:

thoughts on griffen??

• Dylan says:

Get him! Pure elite midfielder, very underrated

• Rocksta says:

Won't score as high as Boyd regains match fitness………..say 3 weeks

• SCaddict says:

He's hit a purple patch for sure, but will he sustain this elite output through to the Supercoach finals is the 64000 question???

As I see it there are better value options out there such as JPK, Swan and Selwood to name a few.

74. Dylan says:

Few opinions needed guys:

Nick Riewoldt or Buddy Franklin

And keep Vlastuin or trade him out for Ellis?

Thoughts and reasons welcome :)

• SCaddict says:

Buddy is the better value choice in my view although admittedly NRoo continues to defies his critics who reckon his best footy is well behind him.

If you are going to trade out Vlastuin I'd move straight to a proven premium unless you have a pile of trades remaining. Ellis is having a breakout season but youngsters can tend to run out of steam at the business end of the season if history is any guide.

75. Rocksta says:

Buddy!.

Vlastuin to Ellis is a sideways trade. Should be going a proven premium at this stage of the season. Don't know whom you've already got but I would go Vlastuin to Birchall………………won't cost you much at all

• Dylan says:

It is a little sideways but the last 5 games Ellis has averaged 119.
      I have Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Birchall, Ibbotson and Vlastuin.
      Thoughts on giving Vlastuin another week and then bringing in Duffield next week?
      Just not sure on Ibbotson and Duffield in the same team?

• Rocksta says:

Actually, go Bryce now that Murphy is injured and out for about 4 weeks. He won't get back up to premium output until around 6 weeks and thus Gibbs will dominate in that period.

• throttlefinger says:

Think Ibbo and Duffman are going to trade 100 points each week. If you have one, wouldn't get the other. Gibbs is probably your best call, as Rocksta says

• Dylan says:

Which out of the two of Ibbo and Duffy is the one to have?

• throttlefinger says:

No clear one. Liked what I saw from Ibbo against Lions yet Duffs past numbers against upcoming teams is pretty damn impressive.

Go with your gut, I'd say Dylan. I'm leaning on picking up Duff after his value goes down the next couple rounds.

76. Rocksta says:

Agree.
    Go heater if you can afford him. Proven premium output!

77. Osh says:

Should we get young Daniher in next week for a downgrade?

78. Zac says:

The Majak 22

Defence:
    B.Goddard. B.Goodes. B.Gibbs. N.Vlastuin. P.Hanley. G.Birchall.
    (D.Terlich. J.Thurlow)

Midfielders:
    G.Ablett. S.Pendlebry. J.Watson. T.Cotchin P.Dangerfield. D.Hannebery. M.Priddis. T.Mitchell
    (S.Colquhoun. K.Martin)

Rucks:
    I.Maric. N.Naitanui.
    (J.Osborn. D.Currie.)

Forwards:
    T. Rockliff. D.Zorko. L.Franklin. A. Monfries. J.Kennedy. A.Black
    (B.Maccafer. B.Staker)

7 trades left. 212k in the bank – want to make one more trade, thoughts on who I should get, was thinking maybe Monfries to Stevie J

79. Zac says:

Dixon is starting to do my head in, been sitting there on the bench like a massive pile of cash. It's time to get him out.
    Ibbotson
    Hanley
    Shaw
    Who do we get?

• SCaddict says:

Yeah Jock ditched him last week so you may as well move on too. Birch probably represents the best value if you don't already have him. Otherwise any of the Freo lads, Duffman, Johnno or Ibbo would be good inclusions.

80. Matt says:

so glad I brought in Ellis when I did. I needed to downgrade someone earlier in the season and I brought him in after his 80ish score. absolutely fluked it! since then he has made me about 200k while supplying consistent 100+ scores. I will be keeping him for a few more rounds. great podcast, love it!!

81. Dee says:

Who to captain this week? Since Gazza has the bye… LOOPHOLE: Chuck the VC on Franklin or Nic Nat….. Thoughts?!

82. Ram-Rod says:

Team Ram-Rod…Going into round 13… 7 trades left… 40K in the bank

The question I have for u know is this: Is it worth using 2 more trades and upgrading Priddis – Watson, or perhaps Newman – Goddard? Or should I just stick with what I have and save these 7 trades for finals?

Gibbs, Shaw, Heppell, Houli, Birchall, Newman (Terlich, Thurlow)

Ablett, Pendles, Swan, JPK, Dangerfield, Lids, Selwood, Piddis (T Mitchell, Kennedy)

Roughy, Nic Nat (Nicholls, Moller lol)

Walker, Cox, Martin, Stevie J, Franklin, Rockliff (Staker, Burbury)

• Jack says:

Newman – Goddard

• Rocksta says:

I'd upgrade Newman to Goddard and then stick fat with your 6 trades until finals.
      Worst case, if you get injuries, use another 2 -3 trades leaving you with 3-4 for finals.
      I wouldn't want any less than 3 trades for finals.
      Great team by the way.

• Super_Freak says:

Awesome team name!

Agree with the others. Trade Newman up, but Priddis is consistent 100-110 scorer.

• Ram-Rod says:

Cheers Fellas,

Will do Newman – Goddard and keep 6 trades in the bank for finals =D

83. lochie says:

Hey everyone
    Who are the best FWD or BACK rookies im looking for a good downgrade option?
    Any thoughts would be much appreciated

• Marc says:

It's looking thin in both spots. Daniher and Sumner look like the only two options up forward at the moment.

84. Daniel says:

Which mid to upgrade murphy to?
    Fyfe, JPK, Deledio, Cotchin, J. Selwood or KJack

85. Kerrigan says:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Hawkins? He’s cheap, has a solid run home with most games in Geelong & has job security. At $380k would be a decent F6

• Ally says:

I'm thinking the same actually

• Super_Freak says:

He's cheap for a reason. He's a fantasy spud. Has had 2 scores over 100 this season, neither was above 110. The biggest issue though is the extremely low scores he puts out. He is definitely in the mid price bracket of players that should be avoided

• Rotten Ronny says:

Yeah, avoid him I reckon. I had him last year and he really came through with the goods, but this year he just doesn't look like breaking into any serious form

86. Xavier says:

Hi all,

I have 11 trades left and $232K in the bank. I have a few rookies to upgrade but was wondering where I should preference? I'm going for league success and after Fyfe bombing out as my capt. last week I've dropped out of the 8.

Would really appreciate some advice!

BACKS
    1. Birchall, G 2. Gibbs, B 3. Duffield, P 4. Staker, B 5. Thurlow, J 6. Colquhoun, S 23. Goddard, B 24. Richards, X

MIDFIELD
    7. Swan, D 8. Deledio, B 9. Barlow, M 10. Selwood, J 11. Fyfe, N 12. Mayes, S 13. Mitchell, T 14. Hrovat, N 25. Pendlebury, S 26. Watson, J

RUCK
    15. Cox, D 16. Naitanui, N 27. Nicholls, T Bye 28. Witts, J

FORWARDS
    17. Westhoff, J 18. Franklin, L 19. Johnson, S 20. Darling, J 21. Hawkins, T 22. Daniher, J 29. Ryder, P 30. Kennedy, B

87. Jared says:

Is Brandon Ellis a good def option for 460k? he was sub first 4 games but has averaged 115 in the 5 games he's played since, plays midfield and kicks goals as well.

88. footyinme says:

thoughts on my team community :

Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Birchall. Roberton, Vlastuin (Staker, Thurlow)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, JPK, Dangerfield, Deledio, Barlow, J.Selwood ( T.Mitchell, Colquhoun)

Naitinui, Minson (Nicholls, Currie)

Cox, N.Riewoldt, Martin, Rockliff, Franklin, JJK (B.Kennedy, Sumner)

Have 6 trades left and will finish the back line a week or two before finals.
    Welcome to my team N.Riewoldt, J.Selwood and T.Mitchell.

89. Pete says:

Hi Community, thoughts on Ivan Maric vs Todd Goldstein? $100K difference, with Ivan being out of form until recently. With the byes out of the way, who do you think will perform better come finals time?

90. LJA says:

Hey all.. not sure about what to do with the team. 12 trades left, only 9k in the bank.

Defenders:
    B.Goddard. B.Goodes. B.Gibbs. N.Vlastuin. D.Talia. G.Birchall.
    (S.Docherty. J.Clarke)

Midfielders:
    G.Ablett. D.Swan. J.Watson. T.Cotchin P.Dangerfield. J.Selwood. M.Priddis. J.Omeara
    (L.Whitfield. T.Mitchell)

Rucks:
    M.Kruezer. N.Naitanui.
    (J.Witts. D.Currie.)

Forwards:
    T. Rockliff. D.Cox. L.Franklin. B.Staker. J.Kennedy. A.Walker
    (B.Maccafer. R.Petterd)

Think my forward line needs a bit of work. Thoughts?

• pie.of.god says:

you could trade hvorat for omeara and upgrade McCaffer (who has just about peaked) to a Bartel/S.Johnson, then depending on how mitchell goes (long haul premium or not?) trade in your M8 as your next step.

• Bob says:

Maybe trade out Talia out as well

91. Is it worth burning a trade to go from Scotland to Birchall, sub 10 left and one midfield upgrade to come?

92. AKC says:

Trade for next week

Terlich (move staker to defense) for Daniher = cash

Here's where i need help.

Macaffer to Bartel or Dustin Martin?

• Hayden says:

Oh thats a tough one, i have both and i am most happy with D Martin because so many people wrote him off,

• Favalinko says:

i have both from start Bartel just. Beware Bartel may get rested this week

93. Great podcast fellas!

After my 2 trades this week (Jager – J Selwood, B Kennedy – T Mitchell) I have a full prem team, 116k and 9 trades left.
    Sitting 1556 in the ranks – Victorious Secret.

DEF: Hanley, Shaw, Birch, Duff, Gibbs, Goodes (Thurlow, Docherty)

MID: Ablett, JPK, Pendles, Danger, J Selwood, Barlow, Mundy, Priddis (T Mitchell, Hrovat)

RUC: Benny Mac, Sauce (Nicholls, Currie)

FWD: Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Rockliff, Buddy, JJK (Caff, Staker)

My question is: Do I trade Sauce into a Dusty (can't afford Stevie J), or a Maric?
    Or just persist with Sauce?
    I haven't booted any premiums from my team bar Daisy; I wanted to be fully upgraded before Sauce went.

94. Zimmer says:

My midfeild is as follows: Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Watson, JSelwood, Priddis, Mundy.

Going to bring in M8 this week for O'Meara. Who do I go?

Or should I wait another week for one of this weeks bye mids?

• Mike says:

It's a good question Zimmer. I'm looking at trading O'Meara next week as well, or possibly hold off for one more week while his BE is still quite low. My mids are currently Ablett, Pendles, Danger, JPK, Bartel, Priddis & Fyfe + the trade (Bench is Mitchell & Colquhoun). I'd love to get an answer from the community on who they reckon the best option is.
      I'm currently thinking Watson………..I reckon you could consider J. Selwood or Swan…….both are starting to run hot!

• Mike says:

…..I see you already have J. Selwood……..Dangermouse is a gun & scoring big at the moment – def worth considering!

• Pete says:

Kieren Jack could be a good POD

• pie.of.god says:

Fyfe –> Easiest last 3 games for finals in the league

• Mike says:

Yes, I agree. I put Fyfe in last week, but instantly wished I'd opted for Barlow when the scores came thru. However, I reckon the teen wolf won't let me down between now and season's end. What do you reckon about opting for Watson for my last midfield upgrade?

• Rotten Ronny says:

Swan. Opposition sides don't seem to rate him these days and bother with a tag. Even with his sloppy disposal he's still gonna rack up a heap of possessions and SC points

• pie.of.god says:

his current BE is 130, despite getting about that last week because he had a nohtin score 2 weeks ago…with that in mind he'll be ripe at the end round 14 i reckon. and yeah i think he's the cream your missing. you could always look at bumping bartel forward and picking up a deledio/cotchin too

95. Dylan says:

Jock, cheers for your tip on Mundy last week. Went with him and he didnt let me down.

96. Aaron says:

Which Premium to go for?
    JPK, Mundy, or Cotchin?

97. @Jacko2128 says:

Woth gettin in L.montagna? as a POD? not sure who else to get that doesnt have the bye this week..

• Birch's Buddy says:

Who do you have?

• lochie says:

Dal santo is also a good option

• Zac says:

Consider Hannebery, good run home and a great in and under player sure to get a heap of contested posies and clearances. We saw his 40 touch game the other week. He is not going to get much attention from the opposition as the main tag will go to JPK week in week out or perhaps O'Keefe or McVeigh. Priced at 492k he is a great option, I got him in this week for O'Meara. However $500 deerer at 592800 is J.Selwood who has bottomed out – but too inconsistent and too popular for mine, hence I chose Hannebery as a POD

98. Blitz says:

Is Shuey a keeper for the rest of the season?

• Mike says:

I reckon there are better if you have the trades and the $ available.

• Rotten Ronny says:

I'm in exactly the same predicament Blitz. Not sure what to do with him. Going into the finals, you just can't be sure of him getting solid 100 scores. So tempted to lash out the trade and the 40k this week and upgrade him to JPK.

99. Hayden says:

Who should i make captian this week
    JPK
    Cotchin
    Deledio
    Selwood
    Martin
    Cox

100. Simmo says:

gday fantasy football coaches. 12 trds before rd 13 with 503k in kitty. team looks like this: Def: Godd, Gibbs, Birch, Goodes, Terlich, Staker, (Laird & Thurlow) Mid: GAJ, Watson, Danger, Murphy, Fyfe, Vlastuin, Priddis, Omeara, ( T.Mitchell & K.Martin ). Rucks: Cox, Roughy, (Nicholls & Currie) Fwds : Bartel, JJK, Rockliff, Nicnat, Cloke, Zorko, ( McCaffer & Rowe ) Planned trades this week: Laird > Ibbots / H.Taylor. Murphy > Barlow / selwood / JPK. Rowe > Dusty / Buddy ? / or Waite as a POD. Any thoughts on this or something i have missed would be greatly appreciated.

• pie.of.god says:

out of your options youve list here i'd take Dusty (ironically he seems the safer bet), murphy trade's a must but Barlow/Selwood/JPK are all great for different reasons – i went Selwood given bottom-out price, figure if theyre all good at least he afford me someone more expensive elsewhere. And Ibbotson looks the pick of the defenders for this round, wait a round or 2 on Staker to Hanley

101. Dee says:

Is a Priddis or a Hodge trade to a Watson or a Dangerfield as silly as it sounds?! Contemplating on doing this next week….

• BRAYDN says:

DON'T DO IT! 2 quality players and Priddis has an Adelaide GF and Hodge having Sydney who they both record well against.

• cotchandmurph says:

No its good trade out hodge

• SCaddict says:

Yeah I'd do it especially of you have a few spare trades up your sleeve.

You want as many ultra premiums as possible as you will probably have opponents who have a midfield line such as GAJ, Watson, Pendles, Swan, JPK, Lids, Cotch, Selwood and players like Priddis and Hodge are unlikely to get it done.

• Dee says:

Thanks mate love your work…. You just cleared my mind about what to do!! Thanks guys… Appreciate the response!!

102. Bart says:

Okay for this bye round it's going to hurt, but that was always my plan from the start.
    I have 8 trades left & $381k in the war chest.
    I currently sit in the top 4 in 3 of my leagues & 5th in the other.

My team currently looks like this.
    DEF: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Gibbs, Birchall, B. Goodes (Thurlow & Laird)
    MID: Ablett, Swan, Watson, Dangerfield, JPK, Priddis, O'Meara, T. Mitchell (K. Martin & J. Saunders)
    RUCK: Maric, NicNat (Rowe & T. Nicholls)
    FWD: Cox, Rockliff, Franklin, JJK, Zorko, S. Johnson (Macaffer & Staker)

I'm pretty happy with my Backs, Forwards & Rucks.
    With some minor tweaking to be done to the mids.

I"m thinking of Swapping O'meara to Pendlebury and/or Macaffer to Daniher for Rnd 14, but am unsure on whether to pull the trigger then, or hold my trades until later in the season.
    I like to go into the Finals with about 6 trades up my sleeve if I can.
    I also not sure on if I'll keep T. Mitchell as Mid-8 for the rest of the season or have him on the bench.
    Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

103. David says:

Garrick ibbotson worth considering?

104. Curtis says:

who to put as captain barlow or jpk or stevie J psi do dram team

105. BRAYDN says:

My team
    Goddard, Hibberd, Houli, Vlastuin, Goodes (Thurlow, Colqhoun)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Selwood, O'meara (Tom Mitchell, Crouch)

Kruezer, Nicholls (Daw, Currie)

Cox, Stokes, Rockliff, Walker, Kennedy, Franklin (Staker, Lee)

8 Trades Left and 155k in the bank. Any suggestions who to trade out and bring in?

106. BRAYDN says:

My teamgood idea bro, Hartlett is my other defender

107. Ross says:

I LOVE this Community. You have been so helpful. Could I have your thoughts on my 2nd SCoach team.
    Def: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Birchall, Ibbotson, Goodes, (Staker and Thurlow )

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Bartel, Dangerfield, S Johnson, Vlastuin, (Whitfield and Hrovat)

Rucks: Cox, Bailey, Nicholls and Daw

Fwds: Roughead, Naitanui, Franklin, Rockliff, Kennedy (W.C.), Mayes, (Dwyer and Neade)
    I have 16 trades and $318,600.
    My thoughts for this week are swap Dwyer and Stevie J, Sell Dwyer for Mitchell and then sell Whitfield for Kennedy(Swans), Barlow, Fyffe, Deledio, Cotchin, Martin?????
    The list is endless. I am going for league win. or do I wait a week and sell Whitfield for Swan. The other trade is Neade out for J. Daniher.
    Community What are thoughts. Just need a little push in the right direction.

• BRAYDN says:

hold off on that trade another week due to the fact cotchin and Fyfe's BE are 140+ and you could save yourself some money and they are the two best mids in that selection but i think Jobe Watson for 555,500k is worth the money

108. Ross says:

Sorry Community my other two mids are Hartlett and O'Meara. I have been swapping DP Players to try to cover myself for the byes.

109. Scott says:

Scott Selwood or Deledio ??

• SCaddict says:

I'd go Lids with the Tiges having the better run home.

Whilst Lids can cop a heavy tag Scooter can sometimes play a lockdown role which can hurt his scores.

• Scott says:

Okay cheers mate!

Do you think there are any better options?
        My midfield at the moment is Ablett, Pendaz, Swan, Watson, Danger, Kennedy, Priddis

110. Josh says:

Hey lads, just wanting to know what i should do. Nearly have my team complete and i have 8 trades left after this week. I have dual position players in every position except the mid/back and am wondering if i will need it in the run home…I want the communitys opinion on whether I should get rid of someone like viney for gibbs who is dual position and or watson or j kennedy in the engine room to get the points done… Opinion community….

And in response to the podcast, isn't it too late to be jumping on cash cows?!

• Alan says:

Firstly stick with Watson and J Kennedy. There premiums you must hold onto coming towards the finals run.
      Gibbs is a great option, but if you wanted to save $$ and still have the luxury of mid/back then Hartlett and Scotland are probably great options. Both have dropped a lot in value over the last month, but have the potential to consistently provide scores around the 100 mark.

111. Dylan says:

I’m still stuck on picking either Buddy or Nick Riewoldt!
    Thoughts and reasons why would be helpful guys

• Dee says:

Franklin, steadily picking up form plus he's second half in the season have been really good as history shows! He's cheap right now too, scored 124 last week!

• Alan says:

Must go Franklin. His price has bottomed out and is a bargain at his current value. Franklin may be at his all time worst form which means there is room for huge improvement. And the simple fact might simply be Hawks dominating and having so many more inside 50's and scoring opportunities then St.Kilda who will really struggle. regards Alan from http://www.inmysportingopinion.com.au

112. Alan says:

Hi Guys, would love some productive feedback. I'm currently ranked in the top 1500 overall. ( hoping to beat last years final effort of 23rd overall ). Mind you this week will be a train wreck with 12 premiums missing with the Bye.
    As I have done all year I have watched certain players closely and jumped on them when their price has bottomed out.
    To me Birchall looks a great buy in this week. My backline is already very strong, so the only real move would be to do a direct trade for Vlaustin. I know logically this sounds like a very smart move, but I see Richmond with a very weak draw over the next month. What are your guys thoughts??? Stiuck with Vlaustin or bring in Birchall who I rate very highly. I also have plenty of cash to upgrade Mcaffer or Kerridge to Martin, Zorko or ??. Who do you guys think is a good target. I looked closely at Stevie J, but cant help think as good as he is that Martin or Zorko are potentially better value, and likely to increase in price. best regards Alan from inmysportingopinion.com.au

• Super_Freak says:

Birchall is a tough one that's impossible to pick. I bought him in this week cause he is just too cheap to pass up. I'm still debating whether to reverse trade and bring in Ellis, as he is smashing it, but is not a proven performer.

Macaffer to Dusty is a must. Stevie J is a gun also, but not as good value.

Just my opinion. By the look of it we should be taking advice from you, finishing 23rd last year. Good work!

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Alan – interesting one – quality backs are rare as hens teeth at the minute and Vlastuin is scoring as well as some of the premiums and up there with Birchall… having said that he is young and surely will drop off the pace before too long? Either way mate i'd be happy with the Vlastuin – Birchall trade.

Also like Zorko.. I know he hasn't set the world on fire but Im confident that will turn and BRL have a soft ruin home

• Alan says:

Thanks Jock, Great to get a response directly from you!!. I really appreciate it mate. Yeah my initial thoughts too were Vlaustin for Birchall and Mcaffer for Zorko. I think ill wait for the teams tonight and see. Dusty Martin and Tom Mitchell are in the back of my mind. Decisions, decisions.
        Backline currently is Shaw, Gibbs, Goddard, Heppel, Hanley Vlaustin and a few good bench contributors. Rucks and Mids are just full of premiums and maybe a little deficient up forward. Worse case I could probably still make the Birchall Vlaustin trade next week and not be much worse of. Thanks again mate

113. Dools says:

G’day Jock
    I have been away for a few weeks but I have finally got to a place where they have internet…I see my Team value has risen to 12.6M but in Div 1 I couldn’t buy a win I need to win the next 7 games to maybe make the 8 sigh …
    Brought Birchall in (Wanted him for a while)
    Def Line Hurn,Hanley,Birchall,Duffield,Goodes Thurlow, Gibbs (Next week maybe hurn to Hepple/Goddard) Nah I wont get Goddard outa principle.
    Mids GAJ,Dependlebury,Kennedy,Delids,Watson,Dangermouse, Swallow, Cotchin, Mitchell.T. and Kanya Mitchellsan
    Rucs
    Cox, Roughhead. Nicholls with Currie on the side
    FWDs Nic Nat, Kennedy,Johnston, Franklin Upgrades on Rowe,Paporne??? I think I ‘ll keep Macaffer and Staker
    So where to from here???
    Great Podcast thingy boys Loved it
    Tiger for the 3 points
    Jock for 2
    Wayno for 1 and a special mention to Higgo for explaining English so well to Jock….Keep it coming boys

114. Tom says:

How do you think Ellis will score for the rest of the season

115. oliver says:

I've currently got $342,400 in the bank. I'm thinking of downgrading O'meara to Hrovat this week which would leave me with $652,500. I would then look to upgrade Blicavs to Pendlebury next week and Macaffer to Johnson leaving me with about $150,000 over.
    This would then allow me to upgrade Josh Kennedy up front or Goodes down back depending on how they score the next few weeks. Does this look like a good idea?

116. Blues Cricket! says:

hey guys,
    just wondering on who i should trade this week?
    my team is as follows:
    Back- Gibbs, Duffield, McKenzie, Hartlett, Roberton, Goodes. Subs Thurlow, Docherty
    Mid- Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Barlow, Kennedy, Priddis, Bartel, Omeara. Subs Mitchell, Kommer.
    Ruck- Naitinui, Cox Subs Nicholls, Blicavs
    Forward- Walker, Cloke, Kennedy, Black, Hawkins, Macaffer Subs, Dwyer, Staker,
    I have 9 trades left and have $162k in th bank. I was wondering who i should upgrade and whatnot.
    Cheers

117. Jono says:

Hey,
    Team after is as follows….
    DEF:
    Birchall, Gibbs, Duffield, Goddard, Heppel, Vlastuin, Laird, Thurlow
    MID:
    Swan, Ablett, Dangerfield, Kennedy, Mundy, Watson, Priddis, Fyfe, K. Martin, T. Mitchell
    RUCK:
    Daw, Goldstein, Jacobs, T. Nicholls
    FWD:
    Macaffer, Martin, Rockliff, Franklin, Kennedy, Naitanui, Rowe, Staker

Trades I'm thinking of making are
    OUTDaw ($264,500)INCox ($529,400)
    OUTMacaffer ($355,300)INDaniher ($154,500)
    OUTLaird ($315,300)INBartel ($565,000)

Creates a nice switching ability to play either Jacobs and drop a FWD or just play cox(with the cox/rowe switch)
    These trades also allow me to scrape through with 18 players again this week to provide a decent score.
    This leaves me with $181,500 and 7 trades coming into the last half of the year.
    Any thoughts, ideas, alternatives?
    Thinking of bringing in Shaw in the next few weeks, and possibly pendles when my other cash cows peak to complete my team.
    How many trades should I leave for injuries coming into finals?

118. Liam says:

Just a quick question does the loophole work if u have 18 playing or is it 17 and less?

119. Blake says:

If you are down in the dumps and don't have enough cash to get an absolute superstar then take a look at Nathan Foley from Richmond. Already had the bye. Started the year at 550,000 and is now bottomed out at 420,000. Last weekend returned back to form with a score of 103. Could be a very sneaky POD difference for someone!!