FLESH FOR FANTASY – Bye 2, ROUND 12

Filed in Supercoach, Supercoach Mr Crimmins style by on June 13, 2013 • views: 1696

supercoach flesh for fantasyG’day community,

Well, battle with the dreaded monster has commenced and while some scores took a hit this week, many were able to dodge the bullet and post some nice scores.

After a week of no trading last week, this week we should start looking at moving a few players out, preferably, mid-pricers or rookies that have hit the ceiling. Strategically, to avoid any future donuts, dumping any underperforming players for those who just had the round 11 bye seems the logical way to attack it.

There are a number of quality premiums with great runs home that should be considered. Along with the usual “Breaking Point” and “Pub Talk”, this week is all about loading ammunition and shooting at the wild beast (byes) again.

Here is phase 2 of the battle against the byes.

“GET HIM IN”

NAT FYFE (FRE) MID – $482,300 DT/$548,700 SC
- Next 5 Games: BRIS (H), NM (H), GEE (A), STK (H), WCE (H)
– Recent Scores: 103, 93, 111, 128, 108

If there’s a draw that softens up on the run home, it’s Fremantle’s. 7 of their last 12 are at home, and only 4 of last year’s finalists. That said, Ross the Boss has made this outfit into a competitive beast and a beneficiary of this is the Teen Wolf himself. He’s had only 2 scores below 100 all year, with a season low of 93. With this bye now done and dusted, and an easy run in the SC finals (GWS, MELB, PORT, STK), Nat should be seriously considered as a trade-in option this week.

MICHAEL BARLOW (FRE) MID – $535,300 DT/$558,00 SC
- Next 5 Games: BRIS (H), NM (H), GEE (A), STK (H), WCE (H)
– Recent Scores: 79, 108, 119, 138, 141

Another Docker worth considering is Michael Barlow. After that horrific leg break which cut short an incredible debut season, Barlow has been slowly working his way back to fantasy form. However he seems to be back to his best, averaging 26 touches a game and is kicking the ball more than he was in 2010 (what we want as coaches). Freo’s run home is well documented in Nat Fyfe’s description, and he could provide a significant point of difference come finals time. Certainly one to consider.

TRENT COTCHIN (RICH) MID – $442,700 DT/$550,700 SC
- Next 5 Games: ADEL, WBD. STK, NM, GC
– Recent Scores: 144, 76, 119, 104, 78

While it may look it on face value, given his significant drop in price, the whole “Cotchin can’t cop a tag” has become a bit of a myth. He’s averaging just 0.7 less disposals a game, but has dropped considerably in the tackle column. As such, he’s not setting a blistering pace fantasy-wise like last season. That said, he’s only dropped below 100 twice this season, which makes him good value at that price. While Richmond’s run home may not be as good as Fremantle’s, they do play Brisbane in the first week and GWS in the prelims, so a big score from Cotch could be the difference between another week, or packing your bags. A bit more consistent than Deledio, he’s someone I’d look at trading in from the round 11 byes.

“GET HIM OUT”

BRENT MOLONEY (BRIS) MID – $382,400 DT/$409,800 SC
- Next 5 Games: FRE (A), GEE (H), HAW (A), GCS (H), NM (H)
– Recent Scores: 90, 97, 75, 69, 35

If looking at the Lions’ next run of games wasn’t enough to tempt you to trade, take a look at his last 3 scores. If his last 3 scores still aren’t enough, note that he is currently battling injury. It’s time to say goodbye to Moloney, who up till 4 weeks ago, we leading the pack for ‘Mid-price buy of the year’. However, it’s all gone to the dogs for Moloney and with a difficult run coming up and potentially carrying an injury, it’s time to say goodbye to the man and send him to a Fyfe/Barlow/Cotchin/Deledio.

“BREAKING POINT”

Here are this week’s break evens you need to take note of. Many premiums are starting to fall short of their break evens and becoming cheaper by the round. Knowing when to hold or fold is critical towards a good finals run. * = approximates.

GOING UP:

– Dayne Zorko (BRIS), BE 121
– Paul Duffield (FRE), BE 123
– Trent Cotchin (RICH), BE 152
– Brett Deledio (RICH), BE 129
– Dustin Martin (RICH), BE 176

“PUB TALK”

Once again, thank you for your bombardment of questions. Nothing warms my heart more than an inundation of questions from a curious bunch of people I love so dearly. Sorry I couldn’t get to everyone’s; here are the burning questions for this week.

rd12 twitter1

ANSWER: Good question. Seeing as both Gibbs and Heppell share the same bye as Hooker, and Ibbotson not really tickling my fancy, I reckon Gibbs is the way to go. BUT if you’ve got the extra coin, I’d definitely consider going Pearce Hanley. Already had his bye and is a proven SC scorer. If not, Gibbs for mine.

rd12 twitter2

ANSWER: A tough, but desirable problem to have Emre. There’s merit of all 3 of those players. Cotchin is an option due to having bye in round 11. Kennedy is a proven scorer, and because of a couple of off games, has become considerably cheap. Watson, off the back of 2 poor games, will be very enticing after his bye. For me, it’s a question of when you want to trade. Short term to cover a 0, I’d go Trent, but long term, provided you make trade after his bye, Jobe Watson is the answer for me.

rd12 twitter3

ANSWER: Yeah interesting predicament, and one many coaches would be in. Kyle Martin’s form has been sensational since making his debut, but with a round 13 bye, he hits the bubble this week. It’s for this very reason, plus questionable job security, that I’d go Nathan Hrovat, which is what I’m doing. Just like his JS more, and even though his numbers haven’t been super high, he’s made a nice impression early into a long career. Hrovat for mine.

rd12 twitter4

ANSWER: Depends on your needs for mine. When Andrew Walker scores big, he scores BIG!! 6 of his 7 100s have been above 120, with 5 of those above 130. Minson, on the other hand, has continued his incredible run and is now banking 100s for fun. If you need a ruckman, I’d go Minson. If you’re desperate for a forward, I’d go Walker. But if you’re upgrading to keep up yourself in the running, I’d go Will Minson purely based on his consistency and having the round 11 bye. But you can’t lose with either.

rd12 twitter5

ANSWER: I don’t mind it. Once the byes are over, structures won’t be important, and you’d just want to get guys in who will score you points. Maric as a 2nd ruck is a worry though, hasn’t been setting the world on fire so monitor his scores, because another couple of poor games and I would consider trading him to a Roughead and create yourself a swing set.

All the best for week 2 of the byes. We’re knee deep in battle with the beast, and good trades this week can separate yourself from the rest. Remember to send any questions to @Mr_Crimmins, or post in the comment box below.

Mr Crimmins.

Follow the great Mr Crimmins on Twitter

1. Sloan says:

Thanks for answering my question, Mr. C. Have Hanley. Leaning towards Gibbs.

Do you think Jordan Lewis is as strong as Barlow or Fyfe? Getting him this round but mostly because I can't do Barlow/Fyfe and Gibbs.

Thanks again.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

I like it. Lewis hasn't been setting world on fire, but has been very consistent in his scores. A nice PoD, but don't expect 100+ from him for the rest of the year

• Sloan says:

Well, since Hrovat has the vest this is my only option. Like too that he's FWD/MID so I can swing if need be. Thanks Mr. C!

2. Zimmer says:

Hey Mr. C

Confusing week.

Bringing in Nicholls for Gawn. (pretty straight forward)
    Thought of bringing in Hrovat for K. Mitchell, but now that Crouch is also out and Hrovat is named on an extended bench, should I hold off?
    The other one is Terlich out for Duffield or Birchall. Can't decide which.
    To confuse things more, I could swing Staker back and bring Jordan Lewis into my forwards instead.
    What to do?

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

Very confusing indeed. Let's break it down. I would almost wait a week on dumping Kanyeeee MITCHELLSON, and then trade him out for Barry MITCHELL'S SON!!
      Then from here, I would dump Terlich for Birchell purely based on his value.

3. Fabian says:

Great read as usual. If I didn't already have Fyfe and Mundy, I'd look at Barlow, but I think 3 players from the one team, on the line, is a bit much.

What are your thoughts on Dixon? Traded him in just before he first injured himself and kicking myself for it. Thinking of just holding him until the byes and hoping he gets himself right.

4. sourav singh says:

i still have jasper pittard in my backline so should i trade him for birchell or any premiums or just hold onto to him? #help

5. James says:

Hey Mr Crimmins,

Who should I get in my forward line: Franklin, Walker, Lewis or Johnson?

If you have any other suggestions that would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. Brad says:

Should I buy Brandon Ellies from Richmond, or will he cop the vest again a few times this year?? Plz help

7. Matt says:

who should i pick out of griffen, cotchin or fyfe. I can pick 2 of the 3, i am not sure who the best two would be. Thanks

8. Jeremy says:

Sitting about the 3000 mark, set for a late run..
    This week:
    In: Minson, Nicholls, T.Mitchell
    Out: Kommer, Macaffer, Blicavs
    Next week:
    In: Hanley
    Out:Terlich

Team will be:
    Def: Goddard, Shaw, Hanley, Heppell, Goodes, Vlastuin (Webster, Frost)
    Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, JP Kennedy, Swan, Deledio, Priddis, Mundy (T.Mitchell, Saunders)
    Ruck: Minson, Naitanui (Nicholls, Currie)
    Fwd: Cox, Walker, Rockliff, Kennedy, Franklin, Breust (Staker, Paparone)

Am I making the best moves this week? Would appreciate opinions, thanks community

9. Kev says:

Looking at upgrading terlich. Is vlastuin still a viable option with ellis and conca back this week?

10. Jack says:

Which one to pick out of Barlow and Fyfe?

• throttlefinger says:

Pick 'em. Both are solid and could produce spectacular numbers. Leaning towards Barlow. Playing possessed.

11. bigheavytag says:

Charlie Dixon. Also brought him in right before his injury! >_< came back, 2 scores of 50 and the bye next week. BE of 178. May come back slowly after the bye, and not guaranteed to score big like he was playing fwd and pinch hitting in the ruck, with big Tom Nicholls tearing it up in the ruck.
    Hold or Fold? Can bring in Birchall and actually make 50K! I'd really want to keep him because I've held him for so long, but it's hurt my progress and I dont think I can take it anymore!! Thoughts?

• Azza says:

Fold for Birchall. I made the same mistake trading in Dixon about that same time, but traded him straight out two weeks later. It was one of the classic traps, aka Cloke.

12. Devan says:

Barlow or pendlebury who do i pick up?

13. throttlefinger says:

Help me community…arse hairs getting all twisted on this one.

Option 1:
    J. Lewis for Wines
    Hrovat for Crouch
    Gibbs for Hooker

Option 2:
    Barlow/Fyfe for Wines
    Hrovat for Crouch
    Carlisle or Ellis for Hooker

• Logan says:

Option 1 for me. Your call dude, both viable options. Don't throttle the "T" button 2 hard and go with your gut. Live & learn.

• Sloan says:

HAHAHA. Well done, Logan. Since Hrovat has the vest, I can only do Option 1.

Doesn't look too promising for Hrovat to get regular play. Ugh. Need me a downgrade MID!

14. Mena says:

What do I do with Sam Jacobs?
    Do I keep or hold?

15. Dee says:

Trade…

16. Vic City says:

Whose the best option of Fyfe, Cotchin and Selwood?

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

on form, Fyfe or Cotchin, but you could flip a coin between those 2. Maybe Fyfe on run home for mine

• Vic City says:

Thanks mate, yeah that home run is mighty tempting. Decided to ditch O'Meara a week earlier than I planned for Fyfe. Cost me some bank but guess this isn't the time to be thrifty.

17. Jay says:

Community,

Still undecided on my Omeara upgrade this week. What do people think of Joel Selwood!!

Is he still a viable option at $492 compared to Barlow?

My current mids are Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Watson, Fyfe, Hodge, Cotchin, ??

• Kev says:

not this week, jay. He has the bye and unless o'meara stinks it up this weekend, his price ain't going nowhere (89ave, 87b.e)

• Jay says:

Yer it’s not the 0 I’m worried about I can cover that but compared to Barlow is selwood worth the selection

• udi says:

i m going for selwood too for my last mid slot.

my mids are Ablett, Watson, Swan, Kennedy, Fyfe, Hodge and swallow

18. peter power says:

Do I trade Terich or Atley for Birchell

19. Rhys says:

Will Daniel Gorringe coming back in affect Nicholls's scoring output?

• Jay says:

I don’t think it will. Gorringe will play Fwd and be used as a 2nd ruck just as Dixon was last week. Nichols will be fine.

20. FrontPocket says:

Crouch has been ommitted for Adelaide. I must humbly apologise for saying, in reply to a few comments on other articles, that I thought Crouch would definitely be playing this week. I'm still holding him, however, as I'm sure he'll be back (as sure as I was that he'd play this weekend, so take that as you will) and he's still going to go up in value – plus I'm low on trades so I gotta go with what I got.

• Dee says:

No need for apologies mate…. I dont know what to do with him tho, I'm not really keen on holding on to him but I dont think i got a choice. Hopefully he will be a late IN, I still cant believe Sando listed him as an emergency. Like you said the young kid should get another run following his first game back from injury, in saying that I watched Crouch's game last week and I reckon his performance was really poor. I feared he was gonna get dropped…. Adelaide will get flogged this week, so he should get a call up in Round 14. So for now he remains at 211K, loks like me upgrading him to Selwood is still a couple of weeks away! LOL.

• @Mr_Crimmins says:

I'm going to hold him, then send him down to Barrrry MITCHELLSON

21. Tony says:

What does everyone think of the below.

Cox to Nichols to free up cash then Omeara to Barlow and Cachia to Griffen?

Team will then look like

Backs

Hanley, Heppell,Gibbs,Hibberd,Staker

(Laird, Thurlow)

Mids

Ablett,Watson,Swan,Danger,Barlow,Griffen,Tom Mitchell

(Crouch,Lonergan)

Rucks

Nic Nat,Nicholls (Currie, Witts )

Fwds

Walker,Martin,Jpk,Cloke,Franklin,Bruest

(Stringer,Oxley)

Cheers

22. Nik says:

is having nicholls on the ground to risky? or is this guy the real deal? i have natanui and kruzer but was thinking of putting nicnat forward and bringing him in. Thoughts?

23. Zimmer says:

I've had a rethink. May go with this:

Gawn to Nicholls
    Terlich to Birchall

will definitely go with these, but may also add:

O'Meara to J. Lewis, which will allow a swing option for R.13 Byes/trades.

What do you think? Just the first two, or all three?

Any feedback welcome.

24. theBigshot says:

Cox is a must hold Tony. How about curie for nicolls and cachia,O’Meara for one upgrade and cash? also hold some trades and be patient with cascow culling.

25. pie.of.god says:

Community!!!! Next round i have 1 premium sport to fill in my mid field – ive been eyeing jselwood for weeks….now im umming n ahhhing about barlow or cotchin. Thoughts???

26. Top_Cotch says:

Arvo All,

Quick Question. Does anyone have inside Skinny on Gawn or Daw in terms of their "Coachlove" in other words their prospects of getting another bloody game.

Going to hack one of them off at the knees in order to get in Big John Nicholls little boy Tom.

cheers

27. Zimmer says:

I made Gawn gone. But I had Rowe as well, and kept him due to swing value.

28. Johnno says:

Jacobs to Nicholls. Thoughts?

• Dylan says:

Personally that's a tought one, are they starting ruckmen or bench?
      I'd personally go Nicholls because he seems to be a ground level player too. Example last week he had 10 tackles and 18 disposals in wet conditions

29. Dylan says:

Need opnions of the supercoach world, do I go for Duffield or do I take Garrick Ibbotson?

• Johnno says:

Go with Duffield mate

Please return my favour ^^^

• Dylan says:

Your thoughts on why Duffield?

• Johnno says:

He's getting back into good form after poor performance at the start of the season, averaging 110 in his last 4 games. I've also noticed he has been scoring big at Paterson's Stadium, still has 7 more games over there.

• FrontPocket says:

Jock, Higgo, and Crouching mention Duffield in the podcasts frequently. Don't hear much about Ibbotson at all. Duffield's scores for the year look better than Ibbotson's for mine.

• FrontPocket says:

Ibbotson currently on 74 DT points at half time with Duffield 36. That's what happens when I give an opinion.

30. Jordan says:

Does anyone know when Dan Currie is gonna get a game?

• Dylan says:

He got injured in the VFL say bout 3 weeks ago and was missing 6 weeks, if you have the trades part ways with him for Nicholls

31. Guest says:

Griffen, Cotchin, Delidio, Fyfe, or Barlow… Thoughts please..

32. Guest says:

More confused now…..

• Dee says:

Any Dockers player would be good, Fyfe is top shelf for me…. He will have a massive second of the season especially with their run home!

33. Wombat says:

Why is everybody so anti Griffin?
    If you take out the game where he got 53 by injury he ave over 130!
    We're all whores for SC points and Griff is delivering almost as many as Gaz but currently 90k cheaper. Already have Gaz, Pendle, Watson, Swan, Fyffe, selwood barlow gray, plus mitchell & kommer.

34. Deledio says:

got scotland and unfortunatly his not scoring well, who should i trade him out for? thinking of bringing back gibbs, thoughts anyone? please help

• Jay says:

Duffield, Hanley, hibberd would be your best bets and if u have the extra $$ then shaw

• macareec says:

Try and hold for one more week and trade to hanley next week who is predicted to drop tons this week with a breakeven of 163 Also get to trade out a rnd 13 bye player for someone who has already had their bye

35. SC2013!!! says:

With fyfe and Barlow sure they won't rest em going in to the finals and all?? Soft draw ??

36. dannyboy says:

so hrovat is dropped, do we go kyle martin now instead? i need to cull sam mayes for cash this week and preferably for a mid

37. deledio says:

is hrovat playing or what?

• dannyboy says:

no he got dropped, tossing up who to go now. thinking kyle martin. how much game time will he get for the rest of the year? hes got the bye next week which sucks

• Judd says:

Kyle Martin is the only player on the bubble in the midfield getting a game this week, he does have the bye next week and I cant see his job security looking good. But you never know, thought Hrovat would of been named..

38. Dave says:

Hey guys,

My mid-field is Ablett, Swan, Watson, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Mundy, Priddis with T. Mitchell and K.Martin on the bench.

Does that look solid, or do you think I'm a really top-end player short (I'm looking at Pendlebury to replace Mundy most likely)?

I know the trade would still be 2 weeks away, but it will decide whether I spend money this week or not

39. mate says:

how long will moloney be out for?

40. Dee says:

Fingers crossed Hodge doesn’t get suspended… Or else I’ll only have 18 next week, bloody hell!

• Rocksta says:

Having 18 on the field in the dreaded Rd 13 bye week is nothing to be concerned about.
      As it stands, I'll only have 16 warm bodies for next week, which I'm sure is a common problem