Jock’s Round 12 Video – one down two to go

Filed in Supercoach, YouTube Supercoach Video by on June 12, 2013 • views: 1295

This week's round preview by JockGday community! Here it is – my weekly pre round video advice. The byes are here and I am here to heed your calls for help.

Also – DO NOT miss this week’s podcast with Jock, Crouching and Higgo – CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

ONE BYE DOWN – TWO TO GO!

1. dannyboy says:

Great stuff again jock, love ya work mate. ive been tossing up between andrew walker and jordan lewis this week. i have plenty of cover for rd 13 so thats not an issue. who would you suggest out of those two, im leaning towards walker myself

• Dee says:

I was tossing up between Johnson and Walker…. Ended up bringing in Walker and chucked the V on him, captain loophole…. He's gonna get 180 against the Hawks, you watch! Hope that helps…. LOL.

• dannyboy says:

my trades this week will probably be
        Mayes to Hrovat
        Blicavs to Nicholls
        Rowe to Walker
        already have stevie j he bloody GUN! only 3 rookies left n the ground now in omera, goodes and vlausten. omera becomes barlow, cotchin or jobe very soon. cant wait for these bye rounds to finish so i can start pumping out some real scores. thanks for the advice dee!

2. Remy says:

Hi Jock, do you know if JJK has re-injured his ankle??
    If so I would love to know your thoughts on a forward between 400-500k???

3. Dee says:

Have Chelsea footy club changed their emblem? I though they were the sea gulls…. What have they gone with some crazy bloody?! What in the hell is going on there?? Hahaha…. Love your work Jock, you bloody crack me up mate! Absolute gold…. Welkum!

4. dgusto81 says:

Jock, love your work and love the mention in the video. Put that together with my podcast mention a couple weeks ago and I think it's about time I have a weekly segment.

You gotta do something about that error message. Perhaps the lads down at Nerds On Site can fix you up.

5. Aaron says:

What do you guys think of Blicavs – Nicholls, Kerrige – T. Mitchell and Thurlow – Birchall

Then next week ill downgrade Macaffer to generate cash and go Crouch – JP. Kennedy and Jacobs – Naitanui and that will give me a team of premiums and 10 trades for the stretch.

Team: YouBeauty ranked 1,403

• dgusto81 says:

Do you have any other rookies you can trade besides thurlow and kerridge? I think they could still make some money.

Also mitchell has bye this week so might as well hold on him until next week.

I like your other trades though.

• Aaron says:

Kerrige has a BE of 130 so he’s going down. And nah I don’t really have anyone else in defense accept Vlaustin & Staker.

Good point about Mitchell, might hold off just in case he doesn’t get picked or something ridiculous happens.

Thanks buddy.

• FrontPocket says:

I agree with dgusto81 on keeping Thurlow, so long as he keeps getting named. What does the rest of your backline look like?

Pending job security, I'm probably going to keep Thurlow as bench cover in DEF.

Having said that, Birchall is a steal at his current price, but it's a moot point for me since I've already got him.

• Aaron says:

Backline is Goddard Gibbs Shaw Heppell Vlaustin Staker Thurlow & Saunders.

Thinking of keeping Staker for bench cover.

• Shaneoo88 says:

I like them, except I would add Hrovat instead of Mitchell. Hrovat is on the bubble while Mitchell has his bye this week. So get Hrovat this week and Mitchell next week

6. Dee says:

Who are you thinking of downgrading Macaffer to?!

• Aaron says:

Not sure Dee. Not really fussed as ill have Ben Kennedy on the bench for back up, otherwise I’d hold!

• BlakeyP says:

Mate Idont think that B Kennedy will be the best bench cover for the rest of the session. Yes he is playin well but JS is still limited will some big names coming back in the team. I think Caf or Staker are better bench cover for JS

• Dylan says:

Scoring very well in his new role. Im keeping him for the time being

7. Alex says:

Definitely going Kerridge to Minson (via Cox)
    But can someone talk me out doing Blicavs to Nicholls and Thurlow to Birchall. Leaving me with 10 trades and a full team. I know I am culling Blicavs and Thurlow a bit early, but i can't see how Blicavs will get back in the Cats team.

• Aaron says:

Blicavs to Nicholls is a good trade. Looks set to take the number one ruck roll for the rest of the year so job security isn’t an issue and if he keeps scoring well then he’s going to make us plenty! The only problem is he has the round 13 bye but if your bringing in Minson then you’ll be sweet. It’s exactly what I’m doing with Jacobs to Naitanui next week so then I won’t be down a ruck man in round 13.

Thurlow to Birchall is what I’m doing this week only because I really have no one else to upgrade down there, yes Thurlow is a good player and will make more cash, still not sure about his job security though. But when you think of it your only spending 200k to upgrade a rookie to a premium, now just hope Birchall can perform!

8. dean says:

Does anyone know for sure that the loop hole still works during bye rounds if we put VC on gaz and he scores big can you put the V on someone with the bye who is not playing even if you have 20 on field playing.

• Johnny says:

I used it last week and placed the C on a player who had a bye and it worked fine…..the rules say you VC will come in if your C doesn't play for 'any reason'

• Choppers says:

I agree here with Johnny but I would also add that your non-playing captain MUST be on the field and not an Emergency. So if you have 20 on field playing, your Captain must be one of the other 2 non-players on the field.

9. frang says:

how do you do the kerridge to minson via cox trade? how can you trade a forward for a ruck? thanks

• Alex says:

Frang, I have Cox in the ruck. So all i have to do is click the trade button on Kerridge and then substitute Cox into my forward line in place of Kerridge. That way I can get Minson.

• Rick Grimes says:

I also fail to see how that is possible.

• Choppers says:

I'll try and explain, Rick. Frang has Cox (RUC/FWD) in the ruck. He has Kerridge (FWD) in the forwards and wants to trade Kerridge and get Minson. He clicks on Kerridge to trade and when it asks for his selection, he goes to the panel on the left of screen and clicks on Cox. Cox then gets substituted on to the forward line instead of Kerridge, leaving an open space in the Ruck line. He then trades Minson into the vacant ruck position. I think I got that right. Last round I traded out Mayes (FWD/MID), brought Rowe (Ruc/Fwd) to my forward line and brought in Nicholls(Ruc) to the Ruck line.

10. Rick Grimes says:

Should I put the V on Walker or Barlow to (potentially) take advantage of the captian's loophole? And what score would you take over what Gaz could possibly get you? 137+?

• Choppers says:

Either one would be ok in my opinion, but if you go Barlow, you'll need to be aware that his game should finish only 2-3hrs before the Suns play, so you'll need to be online to change to a non playing Captain, if Barlow goes big. I would think anything over 130-140 would be the go.

• dgusto81 says:

It's a stab in the dark every week trying to pick the right player to put the VC on ahead of Gaz. But this week I am going with an alternative approach. Collingwood have a Sunday game, so I am going to put the VC on Gaz, if he scores big then the C goes on a bye player. If he has an off game, then the C goes on Swan.

11. Rick Grimes says:

I've heard mention of a ruckman loophole. Is anyone able to please explain how that works?

And anyone considering Nicholls are R2 longterm? Couldn't be any worse than Jacobs!!

• Choppers says:

I am Rick, and I'm one of the those who have Jacobs as well……wasn't my intention but that's how it finished up. At the moment, I also have Rowe (Ruc/Fwd) on the bench, with Naitanui and Cox in the Forward line so I'm able to upgrade either Jacobs/Nicholls later to a Prem Ruck or Forward, if I so choose.

• Dylan says:

Basically if you have a rookie like Nicholls (or in recent weeks Blicavs), who scores well in one of the earlier matches, you can take off one of your starting ruckman for a donut (bye players, Currie, etc.) and get Nicholls' score as emergency.

12. Shaneoo88 says:

Does anybody think Barlow is a better option than Cotchin? If yes, give reasons for why.

13. Jason says:

Getting Birchall in this week – yay or nay?

I'll probably get him in with my third trade this round. Got rid of Sierakowski, who has earnt a tiny bit of cash but done nothing really.

14. JB says:

1. What to do with B. Crouch?
    2. Leuenberger named in forward may not score big and drop value, should he be traded OUT?

Thoughts …

15. Pete says:

Interesting week

With the Bulldogs inclusions i can't see Hrovat getting a run (other emergencies Stevens, Smith and Picken)

Going with Martin from the pies instead #RiskyCashCows

• Super_Freak says:

Agree. Interesting to see if Martin can keep up the scores. Should be good bench coverage though

• Pete says:

Yeah that's it, on-field this week, but bench in normal rounds for cash cow, luxury of having Tom Mitchell i suppose.

Upgraded Rowe to J Lewis, tired of his non existence!

• Dylan says:

Coming from a doggies supporter, I reckon we'll play Hrovat. From the extended bench they'll probably drop Campbell, Markovic and maybe Smith or Wallis. Anyway, make sure you check the teams on friday arvo

16. Dee says:

Bugger! Cant believe Crouch has been dropped…… Thats bloody BULL!

17. Pete says:

Hey community – I've still got O'Meara and Viney…looking to get Hrovat in depending on if he makes the final cut tomorrow. Who best to cut? O'Meara has peaked, but at least plays this round, and Viney still has some cash to make if he comes back after the Bye…

18. Dylan says:

Currently looking at trading Gawn and Viney for Nicholls and Mundy, but ideally I'd prefer Barlow over Mundy. I would conisder a third trade to generate another 50k. Is it worth trading down Dwyer/Terlich to get Barlow in, or just stick with Mundy?

Cheers

19. Riley says:

Is Paul Duffield a good trade in ?

20. Riley says:

Duffield or Mundy ?

21. hayden says:

i have traded saucy jacobs for Nichols and wines for Hrovat, are these good and nessacery downgrades, it leaves me with 540,000, to upgrade Omera and dywer

22. Andy's Aces says:

Love your work guys, you make the fantacy footy expereince so much more enjoyable.