POLL: MIDS who have had their bye.. PRIME TARGETS

Filed in AFL Supercoach poll, Supercoach by on June 11, 2013 • views: 677

3 burning Supercoach Dt questions.

They have had their bye. We want to stuff one of em into our midfield.. we want to snag the right one…

We want to come together here as a community and come up with our list – in priority order – of PREMIUM midfield options who have already had their bye this week.

Forget about price for this one kids. Forget about break evens. If none of this stuff mattered and you just wanted to get the best quality midfielders into your team which four out of these blokes would you snaffle up first?

Thanks again to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her mate Prince Phillip for joining us for this week’s podcast. Make sure you have a listen this week – they were great sports and know their fantasy footy. Listen in here on iTunes.

Lets go to the polls.

These premium MIDS have had their bye. Regardless of price, which 4 will score the most for the rest of the season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Ron says:

I'm bringing in Jack Redden this week Jock with everyone else in my league looking at the Barlow's, Fyfe's or Cotchin's.

2. Marc says:

Voted Cotchin, Fyfe, Barlow and Mitchell.

Traded in Cotchin this week for Moloney. Next week it’ll be O’Meara for Mitchell or Selwood. Then my mids should be completed.

• jockreynolds says:

Nice Marc. Looks like Cotchin The Trent is the clear early leader on the poll. Might me making room for him this week myself

• Dee says:

G'day Jock…. Is it okay to have both Cotchin and Deledio in your midfield? If not…. Who do you think will average more for the rest of the year? Thanks mate…

3. James says:

I chose griffin, cotch, barlow and fyfe

4. james says:

hows my midfield looking jock after next week it will look like ablett, pends, swan, danger, lids, fyfe, priddis and selwood with martin and mitchell sitting on the bench

5. Remy says:

Very good James, what do you think about mine guys Ablett, Swanny, Pendles, Watson, JPK, Hannebery, Priddis and Redden (with Brad Hill and Blicavs) sitting on the bench.

6. Woody says:

Griffen Uncle Jock.

In his 5 games this season at Etihad he has averaged 130.6, Doggies play 8 of their remaining 12 games there.

7. James says:

Voted Mitchell, Cotchin, Deledio and Fyfe as the must haves after the bye. Out of the four I reckon I'm going to bring in Mitchell as POD.

Also Jock as a smoky after all the byes, I'm going to have a look at bringing in Dayne Beams. No one will have him and we no he is a proven super premium player. High risk high reward but a nice POD.

8. Ryan says:

ITS SPELT GRIFFEN PEOPLE

9. Mtt says:

Barlow , the knife, Boyd and Griffin, as soon as lids gets off the chain someone tags him and he vests himself. Cotchin to come home like a steam train but those guys are tried and tested and will get it done in the back half.

10. Mason says:

Jock, im looking to bring birchall in for broughton
    Nicholls in for currie (still had him)
    and looking to bring one of the freo mids for Omeara…who should i bring?

• Dee says:

Don't trade out Currie…. He should be back after the byes! Downgrade options in the midfield Mitchell, Hrovat and K Mart….

• Nick says:

No point going nicholls from currie coz then theres no cash generation, at this time of the year you need to generate cash. Just let currie sit there.

11. Tim says:

Is michael johnson 440k a good pick from freo? Finished around 480 last year

• LSaltysalts says:

Hmm he's an interesting one…hasn't scored well enough early on for mine to warrant a good pick-up at 440k.

I reckon theres better picks than him in the high 400s if you can generate some cash, in the next few rounds Hanley will drop in price. Also there's Birchall if you watch him for the next couple and see how he goes.

But for around the same price, take a look at Trent McKenzie. Having a real under the radar season, take a look at his scores: very consistent and well priced! Best value for money around that price for mine!

• Max says:

Johnson constantly let me down last season and then tricked me into keeping him with a tidy score every so often….

If I had my time again… he wouldn't be in my side.

12. Aaron says:

Still not sure about Cotchin this year, his efficiency has been poor and the Tigers are too up and down. Ill be bringing in JP Kennedy this week to complete my midfield regardless of the Swans bye.

Definitely is the pick of the bunch for mine – superstar!

13. Brad Dowdell says:

I’m bringing in Selwood next week. Bought on Swallow last week, disappointing that was. Gives me Ablett,Watson,Swan,Kennedy,Cotchin,fyfe,Selwood,Swallow with Sydney Mitchell and Hrovat on the bench. i would love Pendles in there somehow. maybe finals. Thanks for the no sideways trading advice Jock. Your a ledgend.

14. Richo says:

Question Jock family… Bartel or Walker, regardless of byes, who scores more for the rest of the season? Need to fill another Premium fwd spot. My other fwds are Johnson, Rockliff, D.Martin, Cox, Franklin, JJK & Zorko.

Will swing B.Kennedy fwd next week and upgrade a mid / back, by releasing maybe Zorko or JJK… unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Backs: Goddard, H Shaw, Duffield, Gibbs, Goodes, Vastuin (Staker / Thurlow)
    Mids: Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Fyfe, Cotchin, Shuey, Priddis (Hrovat, T Mitchell)
    Rucks: Nic Nat, Minson, Nicholls, Gawn

Thoughts… and Go! :)

• Richo says:

add B.Kennedy to my mids…

• Sloan says:

You got a strong team, Richo. Jealous.

I have both but would lean towards Walker. The way he attacked the Dons last week with the tag was something to behold. Feeling him more. But can't go wrong with either.

I'm swinging B.Kennedy to mids for Jordan Lewis. Put Kennedy on reserves. Zorko may be worth keeping because of their schedule. JJK's calf would be a concern.

Something to consider…I got rid of Buddy for Bartel simply because I don't think he's going to come back to form. It's a risk. And sideway trades, I know, everyone shits on. But I got Buddy cheap and wanted to upgrade him for someone I know will hit 100+ with regularity. Gut call.

Good luck.

15. Freaky says:

Listen here children…. If u have full premium team bah omera, hold him this week then swap him for Mitchell. Upgrade rest of your team. Mitchell may avg more than half the blokes u would start I front of him. Ie redden Barlow mundy.

• SCaddict says:

I agree Freaky. Reckon Mitchell has the potential to be a quality M8 and may be wasted as backup material.

It's at least worth giving him a look over the next month before deciding whether to bring in a proven premium instead and sending him to your bench.

• Shaneoo88 says:

I'm happy with him on the bench, it means if I get a serious injury to a premium and I Mitchell to step right in without having to waste a trade.

16. Sloan says:

Was going to upgrade Barlow for Wines. Like Jock's enthusiasm for Jordan Lewis. Doing him so I can save the money to upgrade Terlich for Duffman next week. Hope Sammy Rowe gets in to help bring Minson in later.

Great podcast this week.

17. Gav says:

Moved deledio in for omeara. Need to sit on the mids now, im running with ablett, swan, bartell, selwood, blicsavs, deledio, hannerbery, kent and macrae.

18. Tom says:

jock i would love your response i have chosen Trent Cotchin because he is a class above all the rest but i am surprised that mundy has only 2 votes i would have him behind Trent cotchin because i believe that he's consistency is admirable although he's best game is not as god as fyfs's but all up by the end of the season when everyone getting tired he overtake a lot of those players. .

• Jmiz says:

I disagree, Griffen will outlast cotchin and is more consistent than cotchin this year although cotchin is a close 2nd. Mundy is defniitely 3rd on the list after fyfe and then barlow for the freo boys. Has underperformed this year and often gets the tag because of his elite kicking skills

19. Sam says:

How's my midfield so far? Next week I'm trading O'Meara –> Selwood and after that it looks to be set! Thoughts??

GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Priddis, O'Meara (Mitchell, Hrovat)

20. Rick Grimes says:

How may trades are people keeping for post-bye play and for finals? I think I will have 8 left, but my team after the byes will be pretty close to the one I want – bar a couple of obvious upgrades once I slaughter some cows:

Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Birchall, Malcheski, Vlastuin (Laird, Thurlow)

Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Kennedy, Bartel, Barlow, Griffen, Burgoyne (Mitchell, Hutchings)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Chur

Cox, Jacobs* (Nicholls, Currie)

Walker, Martin, Kennedy, Petrie, Westhoff, Macaffer (Staker, Sumner)

21. @remy_brown says:

Is bringing in Zorko this week a bad move? someone told me that JJK had re-injured his already hurt ankle???
    Thoughts, other options for <500k?

22. Confused says:

ATTN;
    COMMUNITY.
    SUBJECT;
    HELP needed BLOODY quickly.

Im gonna have about 1.3Mill to spend after this round.
    Need to pick up 1MID,1FWD and 1RUCK.
    TEAM (minus required positions)

DEF
    GODD, HEPP, GIBBS, C.DIX, VLAU, BIRCH, (staker, webster)
    MID
    GAJ, JPK, DANGER, PRID, S.MITCH, JOBE, FYFE, ?, (hvorat, crouch)
    RUCK
    D.COX, ?, (nicholls, majak)
    FWD
    ROUGH, NICNAT, FNKLYN, BARTEL, ROCKY, ?, (daniher, rowe)

Was thinking about running with Tom Mitchell in the middle as M8?
    Dunno whether to get a genuine RUCK or move Rough to the RUCKS and get 2 FWDS.

Doing my head in!

Thoughts? All welcome!

Cheers

• Confused says:

And I BLOODY love u JOCK and the Gang. Wayno keep the intros coming champ. Inspirational!

• The Old Dylan says:

DEF: Hanley, Shaw, Duffield
      MID: Pendles, Cotchin, Deledio, Swan, A. Walker, Bartel
      RUC: Minson, Goldstein
      FWD: A. Walker, Bartel

All solid choices. As far as getting a ruck v swinging roughy to ruck and picking up a fwd, consider who you think will score more. For example, if you think goldstein will score more than walker, get goldy in and don't swing.

You could also swing cox to fwd and get two rucks

• Birch's Buddy says:

Lewis/Walker in FWD line, Swanny in MID (after bye) or Tommy Mitchell and Minson (or Maric) in the RUC.

23. Alex says:

Can players with the bye this round, be substituted on and off during the rolling lockout? Or are they locked in place from the first game of the round?
    Why i am asking this, is because i have 7 defenders playing this week and want to use the emergency loop hole.

24. Ash says:

Have a dilema, i need to trade Sammy Dwyer out and midfield is full. My Forward line is Cox, Rockliff, Stevie J, Bartel, Franklin, Dwyer, Mcaffer, Staker. Do i bring in Walker, or Bring Nic Nat to the Forward Line and bring in Goldstein to partner up big Will Minson next week?

25. Gaveday says:

It's Barlow and Minson for me. Can't believe you didn't throw the big fella in there.

26. JimBob says:

Is anyone going on Ryan Griffen. You gotta be at least considering him with a price of 606 K and a BE of 56. He could nearly be at the same price as ablett!

27. SC Legend. says:

Trades this week:
    OUT: Gawn, Rowe, Terlich IN: Minson, Nicohls and.. Colquhuon(?)

Team:
    Defenders:
    Hanley, Duffield, Heppel, Gibbs, Goodes, Laird (Colquhuon/Clarke).
    Midfield:
    Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Danger, Priddis, Fyfe, JPK, Crouch (Mitchell/Martin)
    Ruck:
    Minson, Maric (Nicohls/Currie)
    Fwd:
    Stevie J, Buddy, Cox, Nic Nat, Zorko, Macaffer (Kerridge/Staker)

Opinions?
    Feeling like I should switch Staker to defence and get a cheap forward rookie, any ideas who?

Trades next week should be…
    OUT: Crouch, Kerridge, Laird IN: Selwood, Riewoldt and Wilson.

28. Dex says:

Trading out Terlich, Rampe and Viney.
    Bringing in Fyfe and Barlow but then can't decide between Martin and Hovrat for my benchwarmer.
    Any thoughts?

29. cakeaters says:

ftzpatrick from melbourne is on the bubble after the buy and the boy can play

30. James says:

My midfield is almost complete

Have GAJ,Pendles,Watson,Swan,Thompson,Cotchin,Mundy,Crouch with K.Mitchell and T.Mitchell as benchwarmers

Trading out Crouch for Selwood and probs Thompson for another premium but i may not have enough for both
    Who do i trade out?