The captains refuse to fire – How’s your mob going round 8?

Filed in My Supercoach Team, Supercoach by on May 19, 2013 • views: 608

Your Supercoach MobInteresting weekend Captain wise, with popular selections Gazza and Pendles both being solid enough – but not cranking out scores to jump up and down about.

Young future legend the Jaeger Bomb just keeps getting better and better and is rewarding those of us (most of us) who are playing him on the field.

Nic Nat is reminding us all why we were so firm on him before his pre season injury… Priddis knocked out a serviceable 105 and Franklin chimed it with a 107.

What’s your story this round community… and where will your trades take you as we look towards a massive round 9?

1. jeremey says:

sucking

2. Adrian says:

Jock do you think Geelong's Thurlow will be a valid downgrade option?
    Only concern is his job security.

Thoughts?

3. MelbourneTrackClub says:

All of my 17 players between 81 and 118!

4. bloke says:

Walters, Crozier, le Cras…ugly.

C on Deledio. Hoping he rips up a lazy 200….

5. Gillie4 says:

Going terrible except for Zorko and the bomb! Ablett and Pendles played really wellbut didnt score a heap! Daw, Ckarke, Mayes, and Birchall all under 35!!!

6. SCaddict says:

Having a shocker and will be lucky to scrape together 2,000. Need huge games today from Dusty and Lids as captain to salvage and otherwise forgettable weekend.

Folks there's a new burn man in town and his name is Grant Birchall! :(

• jel says:

I hear you. managed to pick him up after his early run and have been royally stung.

• Osh says:

I feel for you I got him as well hopefully he can get back into form against GC and Melb but after this week I don't know!!!

7. Genco says:

Hold birchall?

• Heytman says:

Hold. Look at his run coming up. If he's still giving us grief after the bye, give him the flick

8. Jimmy says:

I need Wines and Hartlett to outscore Kerridge and Matt Jones. Should get it but you never know with Hartlett

9. Hutqwer says:

What was up with Heppell's score? Probably one of the best on ground and definitely Essendons best but only got 86!

10. Eefto says:

Pleased, the week is panning out nicely.

11. cakeater says:

who is a good sideways trade 4 grant ? Pierce or scottland?

12. Noons says:

Dusty as C for a POD. Dees will struggle to contain all the Tigers this arvo.

13. Callum says:

Had to cop another donut, didnt have to but there was no one to downgrade Heath to that played 2 games and will make cash. Looking at 2200 , trades I’m thinking Heath – thurpow and Stevenson – Hanley though that would mean I have 15 trades left!

14. Osh says:

Well I just want to thank Birchall and Daw for really contributing to my team this week….
    DAHM THEM

15. James says:

where do i start, birch, swan failed. ill be lucky to scrape together 2000. my opponent had dwyer, jpk and jack who destroyed my combo of fyfe, pendles and swan for last nights game. after being burned this just put nail in coffin for my loss this week. :(

16. rock says:

Going to cop a doughnut from Viney, but doing well apart from that. Thank god I held on Dwyer!

17. Pete says:

Grant "Burn Man" Birchall!! And against GWS no less!!!

Thought I had my backline sorted a few weeks ago with Goddard, Birchall, Hanley, Gibbs, Hartlett, Goodes but been royally burnt with injury, suspension and really bad scores. Maybe should have seen it coming with Birchall and Hartlett bound to cop tags, but I'm starting to think there's no other option but to sideways trade to fix the mess – bleeding cash fast!!

• Judd says:

Duffield is smashing it if your interested, rised by 26,000 this week and has a BE of only 47 so more price rises to be expected still just under 500,000

18. Michael says:

Hi Jock 2354 this week, very happy considering most of my premiums underperformed apart from JPK. Stoked with picking up Ellis 3 weeks ago, really exceeded expectations, Vlastuin also huge! Brought in Priddis & Buddy this week, a little disappointed in Buddy, had him as VC in loophole with GAJ, swapped C to GAJ and only 10pts better off! Looking at bringing in either Watson or Dangermouse this week, what do you thnk Jock? Rank before this week was in the 1700’s, think I might be a chance to crack the 1000!

• Sunka says:

Nice score mate. You'll crack the grand

• Heytman says:

Good effort mate! Would probably take Watson over Dangermouse, tough call though.

• Michael says:

Thanks mate, yeah not sure what's happening with Danger, is he getting tagged a bit? Haven't really watched an Adelaide game yet this year.
        Likely trades for this week:
        Neade OUT Jobe IN,
        O'Shea OUT Thurlow IN (depending on who's back for the Cats, if not named then will go with Staker, although he had a good game last night).
        Only leaves me $30K in the kitty, but MIDS pretty much locked in now with GAJ / Pendles / JPK / Jobe / Swan / Shuey / Priddis / O'Meara / Moloney (sub) / Viney (sub).
        Next plan is to get Goddard in somehow….might take me a couple of weeks…

• Heytman says:

To be honest mate, I've watched a few crows game, but not enough to answer whether he's being traded or not sorry mate. Just a gut feeling I've got that Jobe's seasoned body will do a better job throughout the whole year I reckon.
          Love getting Thurlow in!! I've done the same.
          Midfield looking absolutely prime mate. But I ask you this: with Moloney sitting on the bench, do you really need to bring in Watson? I know he's a bargain buy this week, but will you get a better increase in point scoring if you upgrade a rookie to goddard in your backling this week?
          Just my 2 cents

• Matty says:

Sensational score Michael, wish I picked up Ellis!

19. James says:

Dangerfield and McEvoy cost me the win this week. I'm in a form slump at the moment. 2 weeks ago I was ranked 583 now i'm ranked 2435 but only scored 2078 this week. God those supercoach gods are harsh.

20. Gillie4 says:

1960! Terrible! Daw, Clarke, Mayee, and BLOODY BITCHALL all under 35! Injuries and suspensions killing me! So far this year Pavlich, Pittard, Gibbs, Shaw, Daisy, Griffen, Williams, Goodes and Varcoe! And were're only 8 rounds in! Looking forward to the podcast for some inspiration!

21. @emhoy says:

Finally 2280 and I won all my 5 leagues matches. Dusty and Cachia traded in very happy. Thinking about getting Harvey into my forward line this week.

22. JimBob says:

2290 with mayes on the field. Also had jobe as the vice captain. But wasnt on at the time which means instead of abletts 224 it could have been 288 and could of had an extra 30 points from neade instead of mayes! But still overall happy!

23. Matty says:

Shit week again with Birchall, Stevenson, Boak, Hartlett and Monfries costing me! Birchall has been absolutely killing me since I brought him in and now I can;t seem to come down from my tree. What do I do Jock ole mate? Because I feel like fly kicking Birchall in the head right now!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Aaron says:

2224 with a player down and Shaw, Gibbs & Stevie J on the pine! Maintained my average score so I’m reasonably happy.

25. Anandu says:

I had a bad week with 2231. My ranking was 2970. How much you think it will affect my ranking?

• Aaron says:

Wouldn’t have though it would too much… Not the highest scoring round.

• FrontPocket says:

I wish I could score 2200+ in my bad weeks.

2273 for me, which is a good week. Terlich and and Dwyer on the bench and Birchall on the ground. Vlaustin, JPK, and Zorko the standouts. Happy that Big Sauce tonned up for the first time in a while, he was on notice. Hartlett has earned himself a stay of execution of one more week, but there's a definite DEF downgrade next week, and with Terlich and Vlaustin performing the way they are then I could be cutting Birch or Hartlett to pad the ol' war chest

• Anandu says:

Hope it doesn’t affect too much in my ranking.

• Michael says:

mate that's not a bad week in my book!

26. Zimmer says:

Managed 2324.

Finally a decent score, even with GAJ as captain, Kennedy with the vest, Gibbs and Shaw on the pine. Brought Priddis in.

Hopefully things on the up from here.

27. Dee says:

Bad week… Only 2204, had Birchall and Daw on the ground!

28. Helmet says:

good to see that my questioning of the form of Zorko the Muggnificent turned him back to Magnificent!!

29. Art Vandelay says:

2173 not happy. Cox and LeCras let me down on Friday couldn't get Internet when I heard about Stevie J and copped a donut. Rocky, Burger,Swan,Cloke and Danger all disappointing oh yeah and Hartlett. Rookies were great and Ellis has been my saviour more then once. Looks like Nit Nat is coming in also this week happy times. Can only go up!

30. Dee says:

Does anyone know what Jamie Elliot's break even is?! Thanks….

• Liam says:

i believe it is around the 60 mark.

• Michael says:

69, if you've had him since the start I'd hold him as a F7 or F8, he should go up again slightly. Could be useful for you around bye time.

31. Westy says:

2313. Stevenson out for Vlastuin. Happy. Wines out for Priddis. Happy.

32. Osh says:

What's ollie wines rd 9 breakevens?

33. Michael says:

81 Osh, time to slaughter a very good calf I think!

34. Dee says:

Where do you guys find out what the break even is for each player? Or how do you calculate it?!

35. theDimmaWit says:

2395 for me. Dwyer covering for SJ was a huge win.

Sitting 7th overall and bringing J Watson and L Franklin into the team this week is a pretty satisfying pair of trades. Team is sitting nicely.

For me the key has been consistency from my team, no enormous weekly scores but they've down me proud each week. Also not trading too early and squeezing every $ from the rookies has done me well

Hope my luck lasts!

Team at present

BACKS:
    Goddard Harlett Gibbs Goodes Terlich Vlastuin Heath Tevenson

MIDS
    Ablett Pendlebury JPK Cotchin JWatson Mundy Priddis Omeara Viney Crouch

RUCKS
    Cox Luey Blicavs Daw

FWDS
    Franklin Rocky Zorko StevieJ Bartel Dusty Dwyer BKennedy

36. Osh says:

Is Fyfe a good option for ollie wines

37. Chippa888 says:

Is it worth getting Watson in this week considering Essendons Rd 13 Bye, or waiting until after the bye rounds. This week could be his best price. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

38. Joffa's Gems says:

How long can Stevenson stay in…..? Desperately need Gibbs back.
    2200 but still top of my League. .