Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – pre round 9

Filed in Supercoach, Weekly Podcast by on May 19, 2013 • views: 1392

Jock Reynolds Father of Fantasy podcastsmall

Bryce Gibbs… we are sorry for the things that we may have said in the past.. particularly last season. We just want you back now mate. We’re sorry. We love you. We just want you home safe in our back lines now mate.

And Hamish, Birchall. Tough times have befallen you we understand that. But please find something from deep within and break those tags. Do it for your team. Do it for your family. Do it for your jumper. Do it for more attractive contract negotiation conditions. Whatever reason you do it for.. just bloody do it soon.

Gday folks.. the chill of winter approaches fast now. As does the specter of the bye rounds.. they loom large now. Let’s rip right into it and get our teams set up cherry ripe for an assault on the guts of this bloody season.

Make sure you head over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast – great way to get em delivered each week. If you’re feeling frisky leave us a review over there as well – would absolutely love to hear from ya,

Jock Reynolds

1. Genco says:

Do we hold birchall?

• @mrseiterj says:

I am he has GC then Melbourne if he is still stinking after the bye I will fold him

• dooka says:

HOLD BIRCHALL. Even when opposition successfully TAG Birchall, they are still losing to the Hawks, and players like Sam Mitchel, Burgoyne, Hodge and Gibson are good rebounders from half back. Since Tagging Birchall isn't helping their team to beat Hawthorn, they will most likely back-off on a really hard tag. They have to make moves to help them to win. Last year they succesfully tagged Birchall in about 3 games, but they ended up backing off. It will happen again. They know that even if they stop Birchall, they can't stop everybody coming out of half back. If teams aren't beating the Hawks, they will try something else. In my humble opinion

• Genco says:

Cheers gents. Was thinking along those lines too but thanks for the tips. Have other priorities aka bringing in staker and boomer to use as swing sets and cover the bye rounds.

• SCaddict says:

I'd like to believe that dooka….I really would. It just looks like teams are hell bent on stopping him no matter what or else they believe their losing margins may be double that if they leave him roam free, and they're probably right.

If we don't get rid of him now he won't be worth a can of Coke or a Mars Bar soon!

Geez defence has been a real biatch this season! :(

• Genco says:

So true mate. Really like your stuff. I mean, if you look at sideways trading (which you shouldn't) there's no one better off to trade in. The best scores in my defense this round were rookies in terlich and vlastuin. Just to name a few blokes who have dissapointed I'm some rounds. Hartlett, Goddard, birchall, duffield, gibbs, with the one stand out mr consistent being the Irish boy Hanley. So really you just hold anyone and everyone who is a premium in your back line, and look to generate cash with moves such as a matured rookie (Clarke, terlich etc.) down to a staker or a thurlow.

• SCaddict says:

Yeah you're right the pickings are slim at the top. I really want to get Boomer in this week as an upgrade from Neade to complete my forward line as the Kangas have a more favourable draw now.

The only logical way for me to do is to either cash out the Birch or the Jaeger-bomb. O'Meara has been very consistent for a rookie and a likely keeper so I'm downgrading Birch to Thurlow.

Will wait til after the byes to sort out my defence premos as it's a real mess right now. Have some level of faith in Shaw, Goddard and HepD but not many others atm. Hanley looks good but the Lions have a killer run and that's got to hurt his output at some point I'd reckon.

• Genco says:

Good point, round 11 bye for Hanley, which happens to be a packed one for most teams, and could be an interesting trade in after round 11. I still feel we watch birch till the bye rounds, then make a clear judgement.

Feel you're onto something with boomer. I already traded neade out for buddy last week, which was a pretty good move IMO, and didnt want to chop o'meara, so ended up going viney to boomer and swinging him with Ben Kennedy who is now on my midfield bench.

Boomer has a round 12 bye, which is one with not as many of the players from the big teams. Swing eligibility means you can cover him and also prolific scorer of the past. Your call on the birch mate. I'm holding, as my priorities lie elsewhere( Ben Kennedy on the ground stank it up), but agree that Goddard and heppell both look like the safest bets in the back line at the moment.

• Dee says:

HOLD!

• Matt says:

Since getting Birchall round 5 he's touch a ton only a couple times. Barely. Watching both Hanley and Birch getting tagged is a study in how to adjust to it properly and not adjusting to it at all. Hanley is simply working past the tag. 30 points from Birch is just the final straw. Getting rid of him so I can get NicNat. Need points.

2. @mrseiterj says:

Thinking of trading out Daisy and Horlin smith as both have injuries any trade down ideas??

• Sulzeer says:

Pretty sure they expect Daisy back after this week, might not depending on when Pies have pie round, which is 13, if the two weeks is right surely you'd expect him to play the lead up games to bye round and then on, that's if it's only two weeks…

• Daniel says:

Daisy's not out for the season so don't trade him

3. crabby says:

I'm either going
    evans –> franklin
    blicavs –> watson
    (swing kennedy(pies) mid)

or

evans –> franklin
    blicavs –> thurlow
    (swing valstuin mid and kennedy mid)

The reason id go the downgrade instead is because next week i want to be able to upgrade a ruck, and if i only make upgrades this week i am left with 20k, but the downgrade option leaves me with 400k +

What you think?

4. Ryan says:

Boys and girls, if you don't have Franklin, he is an absolute necessity this week.

• AFL Guru says:

i dont think so. Its all dependant on your other priorities. For me i chose Roughead over Franklin last week and im taking Naitanui this week instead of Franklin

• Ryan says:

Fair enough, my only worry with Franklin is that the contract issues may hang over his head like Cloke last season. Hopefully it all pays off though.

• SPIFFLICATOR says:

Gotta disagree Ryan. Buddy is a spud this year & with the rnd 11 bye I cannot justify trading him in now, I'll admit however that he started to show something last week to give us hope that he might at last be turning the corner.

5. Lester says:

got 421k in the bank and need to get rid of Wines and Stevenson.

im thinking upgrading wines and downgrading stevenson, thoughts??

• AFL Guru says:

go Wines to Watson and Stevenson to Thurlow IMO

• Fabian says:

Agree. If Thurlow is named then trade out stevenson for him and with all your spare cash, you can upgrade Wines to anyone.

I held Wines this week hoping he wouldn't dip to much in price and can now pull off the stevenson+ Wines -> Thurlow + Watson trade … leaving only 1k in the bank. phew !

6. Liam says:

I've got 530k in the bank but downgrading Stevenson to throw this week. With my second trade I'm tossing up whether to bring in buddy for Mayes or O'Meara for selwood. I'll probably go with the buddy trade as my midfield at the moment is Ablett, Watson, Swan, Swallow, Fyfe, Mundy, Priddis, O'Meara and is going fairly well.
    Would love feedback.

7. Matt says:

Jock, you’re inspirational for fantasy football. I can’t wait to listen to the podcast.

8. Jack says:

Thurlow job security?

• dooka says:

Hope a Geelong nut can answer this question for us.

• Dee says:

Job security looks good I reckon… Can play and Geelong have a few defenders still out and won't rush them back in as they only have PORT, GCS, GWS & BYE…. Brought him in last week! Great downgrade option if your looking for one in defence, plus he's on the bubble…. Should be named Thursday night!

• Gilly says:

I reckon he is good for at least the next 3 weeks with Port, Gold Coast and GWS then Brisbane after the bye. Can play and I think Scotty would be keen to pump a few games into him. Will make plenty of quick cash if he keep averaging 80. I am bringing him in this week for Stevenson

9. Dee says:

If you guys had J. Elliott, S. Dwyer and Macaffer…. Who would you trade out? I have all these players and can't decide…. What's a good down grade option in the forward line? Anyone?

• AFL Guru says:

personally im thinking trading Macaffer to Naitanui. Think ill hold Stevenson for now, he'll only drop off about $8K and its worth holding him until after the bye before trading him even if he bleeds a bit of cash

• SCaddict says:

I'd say Macaffer has reached his use by date.

Staker is probably the best downgrade option although it would be optimal to wait one more week if you can just in case that body breaks down on the weekend as he's played bugger all senior footy in the past few years.

• jockreynolds says:

Agree about Macaffer – although I said the same thing about the Dwyer boy and he's since come out and gone WHACK! Loving your input by the way SCaddict

10. Bmac says:

Thoughts on Macaffer and Mayes OUT for Staker and Buddy boy

11. Jake says:

what about the webster boy from the saints jock? looks like an elite kicker in defence

• Sunka says:

Yeah he looks decent doesn't he! No idea about his job security though… I think we need some wise words from Jock, being a Sainter ; )

12. @emhoy says:

I am going Stevenson to Thurlow and then Jones to Watson.
    My Midfield will then be
    Ablett, JPK, Swan, Pendels, Watson, Murphy, Hannebery and Omerea.

13. Gillie4 says:

Watson or Selwood?

• @mrseiterj says:

Selwood has port, GC and GWS lol easy mode!

• dooka says:

must be Selwood, plus coz he's from Geelong, he will play and help your team, in the dreaded ROUND 13 BYE round.
      That round omits all players from Adelaide, Carlton, Pies, Bombers and Suns. – I don't know about you, but I've got a fair few premiums from these teams like, Dangerfield, Gibbs, A.Walker, Pendlebury, Goddard, Heppel, Ablett, Cloke

• Emma says:

Watson you can wait another week for selwood

14. J says:

I have vlastuin in and he’s been dominating. Need a good trade for hamish hartlett and decent but cheap forward option. Thoughts? Also have Ablett, pendles, goddard, murphy, cloke, rockcliff, fyfe, douglas, goodes, birchall etc. and averaging 1900 – 2000

• dfd says:

I think with averages like that, you should be holding on to your premiums, like Hartlett and saving trades. There must be better moves than moving out Hartlett

15. Bill says:

Is it time to get rid of Wingard now?

• Bill says:

Also who to get rid of first, neade or Stevenson

• SC Legend. says:

Both get the chop this week mate!
        Ideally, should of been out a week or two ago before they're going down in price.

• Helmet says:

He's been fairly consistent and has gone up nearly $160,000 but Port's overall form, a Supercoach BE of 118 up against Geelong and with some cheap premium locks available this week, it all points to prime time to trade him out. He's on my chopping block.

16. Sulzeer says:

Thinking LeCras > NicNat and Stevenson > Thurlow to generate some cash, big NicNat probably won't be this cheap for a while, LeCras making way makes me keep big cox, and hope he can come back up to his high end price, hoping Pittard comes back this week, would have liked to have picked up Jobe but not enough trades or cash, plus I'm pretty happy with my GAJ, JPK, Danger, Thompson, Omeara, Fyfe, Priddis and Selwood (Joel, needs a good fly kick in the ass) midfield

17. Matt says:

Been paying more attention to mids and backs. Hitting dire times.

Callum Sinclair…keep or ditch for Witts (who isn't showing a lot).
    Other ruck reserve is Rowe.
    Starters are Blicavs and Daw.

SC minds…how do I get out of this ruck rut?

18. Dee says:

Who to get rid of…. Terlich or Goodes?

• dooka says:

Why get rid of Terlich with a BE of -32

• Dee says:

Didn't know that…. Thanks mate! Where do you get the players BE from?!

• Sleepy says:

You need to get supercoach gold, click on player reviews and you will find breakeven scores there. Also while in the click on cash cows and it will tell you how much your player will rise or fall the next round comparing projected score to BE score. Hope this helps

• womp says:

footywire

• Matt says:

Going Goodes for Thurlow. Don't have the confidence in Goodes. And like the man said, Terlich b/e and rise is too ridiculous to slaughter.

• SCaddict says:

That's a tough one as I don't think either has reached full cash cow maturity just yet. Have you culled all your Port boys as they should go ahead of these prodigious lads?

But if the choice is really out of those two I think you have to hang on to Terlich with a negative BE but it's a flip of the coin as Goodes has been a really solid producer.

• Dee says:

Thanks for that guys…. I mite have to get Supercoach GOLD. It's a hard one and yes I've gotten ridden of all my port players except one, Hamish Hartlett! Maybe I should get rid of him instead?? Thoughts??

19. Footyinme says:

trading Mayes to Staker
    And Wines to Watson

Midfield now Ablett, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Watson, Swan, Delidio, Dangerfield, O'Meara

20. Jayden says:

What do you guys reckon go o’shea to thurlow then I can go Lucas to Watson or should I get vlaustin ?
    Great podcast jock

21. pete says:

lol – great song lads, good backing Higgo!

Must player this week = Jobe Watson

Goodes -> Thurlow (Bulldogs were disgusting on the weekend)
    Wines -> Watson

22. Joel says:

Kanye-Mitchell-Sub!

23. Callum says:

How do these trades sound?
    Moloney TO watson
    AND
    Stevenson TO Thurlow

But if heath is named this week i would have to trade him instead of stevenson.

24. mcareec says:

Hi Jock and community
    I need to generate some cash to upgrade kommer to a deledio/selwood/JPK/Watson
    My idea last week was terlich down to thurlow but now i'm not sure. He has 2 100+ scores in a row now. My second option was dwyer down to staker but now he's playing really well. What do I do?

• Sleepy says:

Wait till teams for Rd 9 announced. If Thurlow named and you intend to downgrade Terlich at some stage then this is the perfect time to do so. Terlich BE will see his value rise 48K followed by 23K followed by 3K. Thurlow BE (-87) will see his value rise by 73K followed by56K then 39K (these are approximates) Dont downgrade Dwyer this week as he is set to rise 47K in value while Staker value will not rise until Rd 10.

• Sulzeer says:

hold Terlich, hes a cash generator with a negative break even, Dwyer the same, if you dont need to trade, id hold on to the trades for later on

25. Daniel says:

Great podcast jock and the crew!Thinking this round about doing monfries to buddy but now Hawkins has popped up and cloke to Watson or nic naitunai but I will have too many players not playing round 13 still if I get Watson. What do I do? Advice would be great thanks.

26. Top_Cotch says:

Love the review Jock and team, awesome work.
    What does everyone think about a double downgrade this week.
    Stevenson and C Heath out bring in Thurlow and Staker.
    Would leave me with $ 450k.
    Targets would then be Gibbs (welcome back indeed) and Heath Shaw. Gibbs' high BE means cheaper next week and Shaw has RND 13 bye and easier matches from round 10 to 12.

• jockreynolds says:

Cheers Cotch! I don't mind the idea of buidling up a bit of a chest as we move into the byes – then picking off players after their bye… well worth a thought if you can afford to carry some $$ on the bench

27. Pete says:

Absolutely spewing I slaughtered Dwyer at $250K instead of Neade…missing out on another $100K cash generation :(

28. chandanrajdb says:

Hi Guys,

Need some opinions / suggestions / comments on my trades this week…..

OUT: Hartlett & Mayes

IN: Watson & Buddy….

Will be left with $203k after the above trades…..

What do you guys think……????

Thanks,
    Raj

• Bart says:

I like those moves… Watson won't be much cheaper, Buddy might drop a little.
      But big potential for him to tear GWS a new one.

• Keep your Premiums…
      It's a race to full premiums, is it not?
      I have had Jacobs, Dangerfield and Duffield since rd 1…
      I only have 2 more to go and i have a full prem side (theoretically).
      Joelwood looks tasty for next week!
      Mayes to buddy is a good one, but you'll want to keep your premiums… at least i would.

29. Sean says:

Brad Crouch should be a definate inclusion for the Crows this week, tore it up in the SANFL with 23 touches first game back, will be an absolute lock week in week out! Was fortunate enough to leave him on the bench for this reason! Hopefully Gibbs comes back in along with Maric and my weekest player on the field is now staker who managed a 75 on the weekend!

30. Bart says:

Evans>Thurlow (with a switch from defence of a rookie)
    Wingard > and either Deledio or J.P. Kennedy
    Which would give me a remaining bank balance of either 70k or 16.8k respectively.

I'm undecided on which one to roll with.
    If I go with Lids, it should allow me to do this next round.

Moloney>Pendlebury
    MaCaffer> Staker
    & have a balance of about 67K.

Which would leave me with a starting midfield of Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Dangerfield, Deledio, Priddis & O'mera

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

31. theazzyg says:

Thinking Moloney -> jimmy webster
    lecras -> staker
    Generating $640,000 dollars for the run home. hopefully those two can produce some decent scores as well

• Birch's Buddy says:

If you have Vlas/Goodes down back, maybe you can bring them into the midfield and go for Thurlow instead.

32. tom says:

best fwd cash cow (although I already have staker)

• john says:

Spangher of the hawks…
      yet to play his second but as mentioned in the podcast looked very nice on the weekend, keep in mind this was GWS though..

• Liam says:

Yes probably spangher is a good option but I really like Ben Kennedy. The only problem with him is the sub vest and JS. With beams back soon though he is probably first in line to get dropped.

33. liam mclean says:

hold or fold hartlett?!

34. Benny says:

who to trade out: Monfries or lecras

35. Callum says:

I have 17 trades left now, i want to get to full premium team before round 12. But i was thinking 17 after round 8, that's not that great. But most of these trades were getting rookies right, so i have blown about 6 trades just there. The others a downgrade and an upgrade. I have stevenson and heath. Tossing up whether to downgrade both to thurlow and staker ( could be a risk because he's only played the one), or to downgrade stevenson if heath is not named, and bring in watson for moloney. I am definitely not jumping on buddy, he is far to inconsistent and he really isn't having a great year. Would love to here someone elses thoughts.

36. Birch's Buddy says:

Jock, ya legend! Love the twist on the song! What do you think of my boy, Harvey? Looking very good in his two games.

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Birch! Yes it has given me signirficant firmness of the loin to see old Boomer come out and go BANG.

I won't be looking at him just now – I'm pretty sure he'll taper/drop off a little bit as his old body picks up knocks and learns to adjust to the game again.. might have another look at him later in the season

37. Harry says:

I'm thinking of trading out Moloney and Wines, then swinging Dwyer and Blicavs onto my midfield bench. I would then bring in Naitanui and Franklin into my forward line. Does this look like a good trade?

This would leave me with a midfield of
    Ablett, Kennedy, Swan, Shuey, Fyfe, Priddis, Dangerfield, O'Meara (Dwyer, Blicavs)

Forwards( Naitanui, Cox, Martin, Kennedy, Franklin, Rockcliff(Macaffer, Rowe)

The other option would be trading Mooney to Watson, but I think I would prefer to have O'Meara in my starting team rather than have Macaffer starting up forward.

• Mitch says:

I'm jealous

• FrontPocket says:

This is the best week to grab both Franklin and NicNat. If I had the coin I'd be looking at the same INs.

Maybe looking too far ahead but you'd have 3 premium FWDs and 3 premium MIDs not playing in round 12. But since only 18 players are counted during the bye rounds this may not be a big deal.

Does look a formidable team there.

• Sunka says:

Awesome mid and fwd lines. Who and you're backs and rucks?

• harry says:

My backline is a bit of a shambles, everyone i bring in seems to get injured

Backs, Heppell, Hartlett, Gibbs, Goodes, Terlich, Thurlow, (Stevenson, Sierakowski)

Rucks: Bellchambers, leuenberger ( Sinclair, Hannath)

I might swing rowe into the ruck and then trade out Sinclair for Staker next week and then look to upgrade my backline in the following weeks. I might bring in Birchall for Stevenson when he bottoms out.

38. matt says:

trade luke ball into my team???

39. Steve says:

thoughts on jackson thurlow as a downgrade option (already got staker)

40. Mitch says:

who should I keep out of macaffer and mayes?

• Liam says:

definitely macaffer I'd say. Likely to play every game if he stays fit as he is starting to play a great shut down role for the pies. Mayes break even is also higher I think.

41. woggyboy1796 says:

cox or nic nat?

42. JD_Cereal says:

Not convinced on Franklin, is it really worth picking him up?
    Could go – Moloney and Evans > Watson and Franklin and leave $104, 600 in the bank? Thoughts?

43. Ando says:

Is Hodge good enough to be in my final team?
    I'm worried that this could be my last real chance to buy Watson.

44. Mitch says:

will spangher hold his spot?

45. HulkSmash says:

The idea of racing to full premium is one of intrigue. A premium player is defined as breaking the tonne week in week out. So if these faux premiums are stinking it up is it not better to slaughter now before they bleed your bank account dry???

Daisy and Gibbs are giving me headaches and Malthouse is playing funny buggers with Gibbs.
    Time to cull Evans and probably Macaffer but I have a conundrum in trading in Watson or Boomer Or Mitchell(Sammy)??

46. Sunka says:

Thoughts on holding Daisy? Also really want to grab Jobe this week but with a midfield of Pendles, JPK, Mitchell, Deledio, Swallow, Priddis, O'meara, Vlastuin, I would have to upgrade O'meara. As much as I feel like O'meara will keep the form up it's pretty tempting knowing what Jobe can and most likely will do. ?

• Daniel says:

Like I said before daisy is not for the season so there is no need to trade him. I'm thinking about keeping o'meara for the season since he's like a pretty good future premium, same with vlastuin. Might need to miss Watson.

• Rocksta says:

Daisy was listed as 2-4 weeks in today's injury list. Beams was listed 2 weeks before the season started. He hasn't played a game yet.
      I dont reckon Daisy will be back until after the Bye i.e Rd 14.
      As good as o'Meara is, id still definitely go the Jobe upgrade. he averages around 25 more and Jaegar will surely have to run out of puff at some point.Besides, you have Vlastuin whom will appreciate significantly before he platues.
      FYI, I traded Jaegar Bomb for Joel Selwood this week ( I already have Jobe)

47. Daniel says:

Out: CROUCH

MONFRIES

In: THURLOW

WATSON or FYFE

Opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also want should I hold MAYES, will he be sub again?

• Rocksta says:

I'd be getting rid of Mayes before Crouch. Mayes has a BE of 70 odd, whilst Crouch is still in the negatives. You won't have either come finals and thus better to keep the one that will generate more cash.

• Rocksta says:

also, definitely Watson.
      Out: Mayes,Monfries, In: Thurlow,Watson for mine!

• FrontPocket says:

Crouch is a good chance to be back this week, and will go up in value. I support the Monfries trade though.

48. Robert says:

My team is

Backline:

Hanley birchall gibbs goodes terlich vlastuin bench is stevenson and docherty

Mid:
    Swan Ablett cotchin priddis moloney omear hepple and thomas and bench is crouch and viney

Ruck:
    Berger and hannath Bench daw and witts

Forward:
    Franklin cox kennedy macaffer gray and cloke bench karnezis and lee

Remaining money 153,600

Someone please help me whith what i shuld do

• Liam says:

Downgrade Stevenson to Thurlow, switch Heppell to the backline for goodes then upgrade goodes for Pendles, Jobe or Selwood. That's how I see it Robert.

• SCaddict says:

I would downgrade Stevenson to Thurlow and upgrade Daisy to Jobe or J.Selwood. Then next week look to bring in Staker for Karny to build up that bank balance or make another premium upgrade.

• Matt says:

Help me out with this one, SCaddict. Jocko damns the sideways trade. But I have two who aren't going anywhere in value and only rarely go for a ton. Why not trade to someone who is going up in value and hits more big scores.

On this, thinking Ellis for Hooker and Black for Goldsack.

Your take?

• SCaddict says:

Yeah I completely agree that both Hooker and Goldsack need to go as they are both mid pricers who unfortunately haven't made the leap to premium status.

However I think you missed the boat on both A.Black and Ellis even though they still have negative BEs.

So I reckon it would be preferable to downgrade one to a rookie cash cow on the bubble such as Thurlow and upgrade the other to a keeper premium like Nic Nat, Boomer or Buddy.

• Matt says:

Good point about Black and Ellis. And I agree Thurlow has a huge upside.

Thanks SCaddict.

• Sloan says:

Thinking Boomer has the higher value boom BUT NicNat playing GWS. Tough call. Seems good either way. Leaning towards going Boomer this week and maybe use savings to get NicNat next week.

49. Daniel says:

what to do with Hartlett

• Liam says:

Depending on how many trades u have left you'd have to keep him. He is a premium so at this stage u wouldn't look at getting rid of them. I've held onto Duffield and Sauce Jacobs from round 1 and they are slowly getting better. Unless he keeps stinking it up and can't shake a tag, don't get rid of him.

• Rocksta says:

Keep him. You have no choice as he is a Premium.

50. adam says:

ive got hartlett and birchiall – some 800k getting me 100 points – they should bounce back so going to ride it out

• Rocksta says:

Agreed.Remember, they are backmen and thus will have ups and downs.

• FrontPocket says:

Me too. This is a useless reply, but just thought I'd make you feel a little better knowing you're not alone.

Stay strong, hold 'em and they'll repay that loyalty. Zorko has, Dusty has and more, Sauce Jacobs is on the way, and Birchall and Hartlett are too good not to improve significantly.

My parents would say: "It's character building".

• Jiless says:

I’m in the same boat. Keeping both

51. Adrian says:

need a bit of help here guys. What do i do with daisy thomas?
    -Hold him in the hope he returns in a week or 2
    -Downgrade him to a Brent Staker or Aaron Davey
    -Upgrade him to a Nick Riewoldt or Brent Harvey?

Thoughts??

• Liam says:

keep him

• Rocksta says:

Daisy was listed as 2-4 in the Footy Barometer today.
      Those timelines come from the Club. What does that mean………….4 weeks.
      Pies have a Bye in Rd 13. What does this all mean……………..he'll probably be back rd 14

• Adrian says:

so keep? or get wait and see how long hes out for

• Rocksta says:

You wait
          I barrack for Collingwood and I traded him as I simply cannot wait that long.
          Collingwood has a history with under-reporting injury times ( Pendles last year, Beams this year, Daisy start of season this year, Luke Ball this year etc etc).

• Rocksta says:

Also, if he comes back round 14, he won't be match fit until rd 16. Can you afford to wait that long?
      Personally, I will be keeping one cash cow in the forward line for around RD 16 to upgrade to daisy going into finals.

• SCaddict says:

I would ditch him and have. The fact it's the same ankle problem he had in the preseason is a worry. Even if he is back in 2-4 which is perhaps optimistic there is a real risk that he will break down again. It's a shame because he's a gun when healthy.

So an upgrade to Boomer sounds pretty good to me assuming you already have Buddy.

• Adrian says:

yer already have lance and have 260k spare cash.
        will be boomer be able to average 100 or is it better upgrading to another premium??

• Adrian says:

no not really. hes as bad as liam jones

• SCaddict says:

My expectation is that he will average 95-105pts and has done so in recent past seasons. Whether he actually will is what makes Supercoach so much fun right?!

At least he is off to a good start in his first few games and looks hungry to repay the club after serving that hefty suspension.

I see him as the best value premium forward option this week after Buddy. Roo Riewoldt is now a tad too pricey for my liking so reckon we have missed the boat there.

• Pete says:

Daisy out until "the final rounds of the season"…

52. Charlie says:

How many of you really think buddy is worth it? He is a bit unconsitant, and he didn’t really go BANG against gws.. Maybe it’s worth finding someone that would be a pod? Let us know what you guys think!

53. Jiless says:

Can either upgrade monfries to Watson or natinui.

Can’t decide between the two.. Heard a whisper cox will rest this week ( I have him) not sure it that comes into it all. Any help cheers!

54. SPIFFLICATOR says:

NOT AARON DAVEY!!!!!! Go option 2

55. Aaron says:

I know it might be a bit to soon to trade the Jaegar Bomb as he’s BE is still only 50 but the Suns have a really tough month coming up, is it too soon to upgrade him to Selwood?

I have this little feeling its the perfect time.

What are your thoughts?

• Rocksta says:

I just made that trade 2 hours ago.
      Perfect time next week as Selwoods BE is around 140 odd, but I have had a few rediculous losses ( injuries, subs, opponent's bit players scoring well), and as such need to bring the trade forward 1 week.
      If you can afford to wait, next week is the ideal time to pull the trigger on that trade as Selwood willo go down a little and Jaegar will go up a littlle.

• Aaron says:

Yeah just did a bit of research mate and I reckon Lids is solid this week. Can’t get that extra cash for Watson which is a little disappointing, but ill go Jaeger – Lids this week as Lids has only had the one bad score which is out of calculation now and a Be of 40 so I’m licking my lips so to speak.

Dwyer – Selwood next week fills up my midfield.

Keep at it mate! A week is a long time in footy.

Cheers for the comment.

• Gillie4 says:

No, he is a beast! Surely you have other issues or rookies to trade out!

• Aaron says:

I know what your saying Gillie I love the boy he’s a jet! But I need to get Stevenson out this week as I slaughtered Wines and Neade last week so it doesn’t generate me much cash, only 146k to be exact and the only way I can snag a cheap premium like Lids is to trade O’Meara. Otherwise I will never get them.

My forward line is solid as is my rucks, I have 4 premiums in defense providing Gibbs comes back this week. And with all the back line spuds giving everyone headaches and Terlich & Vlaustin going well I think I’ll leave the defense for now.

• SCaddict says:

I'm planning to hang on to the Jaegerbomb up until he has his bye in Rd 13 and then wooshka he's gone for the best value elite mid who has already played his bye whether it be Fyfe, Cotch, Mitchell, Swallow or Selwood.

I reckon he's worth keeping as a M7/M8 until then.

• Aaron says:

I’ve gotta get rid of Stevenson this week and that doesn’t generate me much cash so I really have to go the bomb to Lids this week otherwise I won’t get him in. And I don’t wanna upgrade Terlich or Vlaustin just yet cause obviously there flying. And my rucks and forwards are solid at this stage. So there’s no urgency to upgrade elsewhere. Except for defense but I’m gonna hold off till after the bye rounds too bloody much inconsistency down that end.

56. Gillie4 says:

So far this o have had 10 players with injuries or suspensions all premiums except three; 2 rookies and a mid priced player. Held onto all except Pittard, Pavlich and Varcoe. Hopefully Gibbs is back this week. I just got Daisy (sounds like Gibbs all over again), I'm getting rid of Griffen this week. I've also got Mayes who went down as he was sub! Help??

Trade 1:

Mayes OUT Watson or Selwood In?
    Griffen OUT Witts In?

Trade 2:
    Mayes OUT Rookie IN WHO?
    Griffen OUT Nic Nat In (already have Cox)

Who should I get this week Nic Nat or Watson/Selwood?
    I have Daw covering at the moment (didnt work on the weekend)
    But if I get Nic Nat I have to keep Mayes?

HELP PLEASE???

• Rocksta says:

Sorry,
      Just realised which 'Griffen you mean'!
      In light of you mean the Freo Griffen, definitely trade number 2.
      Trade in Staker for Mayes!

• Aaron says:

Definitely Watson Gillie. Stay away from Witts he’s a big spud!

Or you could swing Mayes into the forward line, downgrade to Staker, trade Griffin to Jacobs, Pyke or even Balchambers for around the same price then pick up Selwood next week. Either or, griffin should be your first priority.

• adam says:

i downgraded stephenson for that 2 game rookie from geelong – thurrlow
      i upgraded mayes to harvey Be 60s 2 x 100+ games and averages 100 over last 6 years (had some spare cash to help)
      mayes BE is now 60s and he is vest material and i think he has maxed out. time to trade him is now.

unless you have some Fwd/Ruck cover like Ryder i would be careful with 2 gun rucks from the same club – bye weeks are coming !

57. Rocksta says:

Depends on your structure,
    But if you have reliable R1 and R2, forget about Nic Nat at this Stage.
    I'd keep Griffin , and upgrade Mayes to Watson.
    BTW Trade 2 is just completely wrong!

58. Charlie says:

Macaffer to franklin or Moloney to Watson?? Help would be greatly appreciated!

59. falcon says:

Bring in Nick nat and buddy

60. Tim says:

Hi community, these are my trade options
    Trade 1 in:jimmy Webster Out: lewid Stevenson
    Trade 2 in:jimmy bartel Out: Sam Mayes
    How are these trades looking???

61. Jason says:

Looking at a positive to the news on Daisy… means I can now generate the cash to go

Out: Daisy In: Staker
    Out: C. Sinclair In: Nic Nat

62. Dee says:

Can someone please explain why my captain loophole didn't work? I had Shaw on the ground as my captain and had the V on Ablett, I had Terlich and Thurlow as my emergencies just in case Birchall was a late withdrawal…. I really wanted to change my captain to Vlastuin but it wouldn't let me, please help explain? Appreciate it…

• Owen says:

Had the pies already played when you wanted to change the C off Shaw?

• The Old Dylan says:

you can't change a player (make or remove captain, vice, trade or sub) after their game has started. For the loophole to work you put the VC on a player that plays friday/saturday, and if they rip it up put C on a non-playing player with emergency cover. If your VC spuds it up, put the C on another premium.

63. woggyboy1796 says:

Thurlow or staker ?
    which one has better JS and scoring potential ?

• Tim says:

Bring in Thurlow this week because his 3rd game is coming up and bring in staker next week after he has played his 2nd game

64. chandanrajdb says:

Hi Guys,

Really struggling to make the right trades at the moment……need help…..

Currently have $508,600 in the warchest……

Option – 1:
    OUT: Mayes & L Brown
    IN: Nic Nat & J Thurlow
    Will be left with $302,200 after the above trades…

Option – 2:
    OUT: Mayes & Hartlett
    IN: Nic Nat & JPK
    Will be left with $45,300 after the above trades….

Option – 3:
    OUT: Mayes & Hartlett
    IN: Buddy & J Watson
    Will be left with $203,900….

Option – 4:
    OUT: Mayes & Moloney
    IN: Buddy & Watson
    Will be left with $236,200….

Option – 5:
    OUT: Mayes & Moloney
    IN: Nic Nat & JPK….
    Will be left with $77,600….

Option – 6:
    OUT: Mayes & Moloney
    IN: Nic Nat & Watson….
    Will be left with $104,300……

Option – 7:
    OUT: Mayes & L Brown
    IN: Buddy & Thurlow…
    Will be left with $434,100…..

Struggling to select the right option……any comments / thoughts / suggestions / opinions would be highly appreciated…..

Thanks,
    Raj….

• Adrian says:

I'd say option 4 as you bring in two super premiums and you res till left with 236k for another 1 or 2 upgrades in the next week

• jockreynolds says:

Yep option 4 for me as well mate. Still leaves you with a nice war chest and adds 2 premiums.. I reckon Moloney will be tagged heavily for the rest of the season

• Jack says:

I like option 6.

Buddy will still be cheap after this week and you're bringing in Watson and Nic Nat. Two of the most reliable bloody blokes in the competition! With $104k in the bank afterwards, you may be able to get Budweiser for Dwyer next week?!

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments above……

I think i will be going with Option 5…..

Looks formidable and at the same time I am considering the Bye rounds…..where Watson will be out…..bringing in Watson after the Rd 13 Bye…..

Any thoughts…???

Thanks Guys,

Raj…

65. razor#5 says:

kiern jack or joel selwood whos the better option please help

66. Liam says:

I know he is struggling with injuries at the moment but Tom Hawkins is very cheap at 380k I think. When he gets fully fit would he be worthy of selection?

67. Charlie says:

Is buddy worth it? Should we wait until he shows a bit more? Help please, this is my major problem this week..

68. Dools says:

Jock me old china. Loved the Pod casts from the last few weeks . I’ve missed quite a bit of banter on the web page .
    Who is this Man,” Braxton Hicks?” LOL I get the joke but don’t want to spill me guts and ruin it for you guys
    I was extreamly lucky when we played but the SCGods have my team firmlely fixed in their eyes Injuries and outs galore. But like you mate I’m in the trenches fighting with all I got building a formidable team without Rockcliff, Zorko, Martin and Bartel is extreamly difficult as every one is on the band wagon.
    Thinking of holding on to Daisey for a bit as everyone is now on the TRade Trade Trade button . Made a change due to injury M waters Freo out Dog dog in 18 trades left. See you in the finals mate.

69. Liam says:

Is Daisy Thomas out for 12-16 weeks!?

• Kermit the Frog says:

He's had surgery on his ankle and could be out for the season and definitely won't be playing any time soon. Soooo glad I traded him in for Dwyer!

70. bout7 says:

Hey Jock, I just found your site earlier this year and I'm loving it!
    You've managed to transform me from a bottom 8 team to leading my league this year!
    Anyway I just wanted to ask your opinion on some trades I was thinking about this week.
    Option 1:
    Trade 1: Rowe > Nic Nat
    Trade 2: Stevenson > Thurlow

Option 2:
    Trade 1: Rowe > Nic Nat
    Trade 2: Brad Ebert > Watson

Btw I think I need to grab nic nat this week because currently my r2 is hannath and my r1 is leuenburger which isnt great.

Btw I have $403,500 to work with.
    Thanks heaps :)

71. deks says:

thurlow or webster
    who will be better in the long run with job security and points?

72. dazz says:

NO THURLOW DOWNGRADE
    get watson & buddy this week

THURLOW DOWNGRADE
    buddy this week
    selwood next week

thoughts? thanks

73. Sam says:

I have 700k in the war chest who should I upgrade?
    Out Kerridge, In Bartel
    Out O'Meara, In S. Mitchell (yes)
    or
    Out K.Mitchell, In Pendlebury
    Out Kerridge, In Staker

• deks says:

keep o'meara for another couple of weeks due to low BE and mitchell will become a gun as soon as he gets rid of the vest

• Dools says:

The word from sleepy Hollow is Jimmy B will be rested this week Sam so wait out on that trade
      Jager O’mera has a lot of foty growth $$$$ left S mitchall will not score massive like Dependlebury So thats a good trade up Not sold on Staker Sam I would hold S. Kerridge for a while yet

74. Robert says:

can get midfielder who should i get and why

75. Ryan says:

Hey guys who should i bring in out of Joel Selwood or Nathan Fyfe? Selwood going to drop abit to around $525,000 with a BE of 144 but Fyfe's BE is 118 which is achievable against Melbourne and won't drop much but i'm scared that he will get injured again??? Please help thanks guys love you community :)

76. Robert says:

can Get any midfielder

thinking someone from geelong Adelaide north or st kilda

77. Dave says:

G'day Community,

Two options this week and I can't split them-

Option 1
    Stevenson > Thurlow
    LeCras > Roughead
    Then next week do whatever it takes to bring in Watson

Option 2
    Wines > Watson
    LeCras > Spangher/Staker
    And get Roughie (or another forward premium) next week

Option 1 allows me to bring in a 3rd gamer and have another look at Spangher and Staker, and Roughead's price should go up more than Watson's this week. Option 2 gives me a super-premo a week earlier at a ridiculously good price.

Any thoughts guys?

78. Helmet says:

G'day Jock. As the Fantasy Footy JR Community approach mid-season and the byes I was wondering if your good self, Higgo and Crouching might do a review on how all your varying opening strategies are panning out? From memory, you went for a limited midfield rookie set-up? Are you full premiums in the MID now? Be great to hear the studs and their theories are getting on

79. brett says:

hey guys would so greatly appreciate some help with this one>
    BIG GAME sitting 1st versing 2nd with a fair wager in the pot for this league.
    my team currently

DEF:Hanley,Goddard,Shaw,Gibbs,Goodes,Vlastuin (Terlich,Colquhoun)

MID:Ablett,Dangerfield,Cotchin,Murphy,Shuey,Priddis,O'meara (Mitchell,Crouch)

RUC: Leunberger,Gawn (Hannath,Curie)

FWD: Rockliff,Kennedy,Roughead,Zorko,LeCras,D.Thomas (Macaffer,Rowe)

100k remaining

I know first impressions of the side my 2nd ruckmen is my weakness,im willing to hold on free up some cash and snap nic nat when he get's cheap.
    dale thomas injury means that he needs to go asap. im guessing straight swap this week for franklin.
    also im thinking luke shuey with a B.E of 144 for watson is a smart move.
    keeping in mind thurlow's increase perhaps trading him this week before he goes up for colquhoun?

so with what i've provided what would you guys suggest?

im thinking my options are this week
    D. Thomas > Franklin
    Shuey >Watson
    OR do i trade Colquhoun > Thurlow NOW and trade shuey cheaper for joel selwood next week?

would love feedback thankyou

• brett says:

keep in mind im keeping gawn and hannath to both make some more money which they should be capable of before i cash them in for natinui

• Birch's Buddy says:

Focus on trading of your rooks before luxury trades. Something like Goodes to Watson, and a rook down to Thurlow would be a slightly better trade. Also, personally, I'm not jumping onto Buddy until he shows some good form.

• dools says:

Brett, Do not trade shuey now with ZCox , and Dog dog he will fire big time He is more then worth the wait 2 games I promise you he will hit 120?30sl the time, but if one of the triade go down especialy Nic Nat then trade. Find a fferent path to Watson Brett. Get on Thurlow 1 trade and IMO money for the season in the bank

• brett says:

i also have hamish hartlett i forgot to mention in my midfield but i can't pick another player to trade
      dangerfield is getting better
      murphy is a gun he just scored 130
      i've stolen more candy from a baby than matt priddis at that price
      o'meara will keep rising
      and hamish hartlett is worth about as much to me than a punt on melbourne
      not to mention i'd sell me old lady before i even looked at trading gazza.

80. Jake says:

Community, I need some help! I feel like the wheels are coming off and I'm a total rookie at Supercoach (my first full year of doing it – love the sport though!- AND I'm Scottish!) Here's my team;

Goddard, Heppell, O'Shea, Atley, Goodes, Terlich, Gibbs, Thurlow.

Ablett, Dangerfield, Kennedy(syd), Boak, Shuey, Priddis, O'Meara, Crouch(Ade), K.Stevens(WB), J.Thomas(COL)

Leuenberger, Daw, Rowe, Blicavs.

Franklin, Rockliff, J.Kennedy, Roughead, Zorko, Neade, Macaffer, D.Thomas.

Ive got 18 trades left, thinking I need to upgrade Neade and Atley fast, but now Daisy Thomas is out I've been left with another quandry! Already traded out Dwyer and Wines. Had 2 scores under 2000, peaked at 2240. Won 5 and lost 1 in one league but others are scoring more consistantly than me it seems!

Any advice is much appreciated!

• Gilly says:

If you have the cash Thomas to Nic Nat, or Neade/Rowe and Thomas out Staker and Nic Nat in

• dools says:

Hi Jake, can you move Blicavs to t h e Mids after you move daisy their and traded him out.? Now trade in zCOX or Nic Nat? to the Ruc. or trade Neade for upgrade to Johnson?

81. Richo says:

Hey guys/girls, stuck between a rock and a hard place with my team. I've got O'Merea and Whitfield, I'm looking for another premium in the midfield. Who would be a good choice, plus I need another semi deacent player. And I'm stuck in the forward line. I need to get rid of Adams & Macaffer, for ether Boomer Harvey, or Nic Nat! PLEASE HELP!! Thanks.

82. rosco_peco says:

Thoughts on who to trade this week;
    Pittard (bac)
    Wines (mid)
    Lucas (mid)
    Viney (mid)
    Mayes (fwd)
    Thomas, D (fwd)

No DPP with the mids, so thinking;
    Lucas – Goodes (mid) – Thurlow (bac)
    Mayes – PREMO or Pittard – Webster

Your thoughts Jock?

83. SC Stars says:

84. Aims says:

Dale Thomas, 100% trade out? Out for the season?

85. coke says:

Trade Daisy – Naitanui or Mayes – Naitanui?
    Will Mayes's price change alot?

• udi says:

his price will go down but i m holding him. if he starts as a sub again he will be out next week.

86. Curtis says:

Hey guys wats your thoughts trading out Birchall for M.Johnson and trading Winderlich switching mayes foward and grabbing Josh kennedy from the swans

• dools says:

Hi Curtis,
      You have done the maths…word of warning M.Johnson likes to go walkabout I had him last year and I was Ross Lyon effected but I held him and I was rewarded with a GF 120 score from him but I can't think of a reason not to do it if it means JPK…Go For It

87. bout7 says:

Hey guys, who should I go for this week?
    Out of:
    Hodge, Watson, Buddy, Thurlow, Nic nat
    Which are the best 2?
    Money is not an issue I can upgrade any of my rookies to premos so I just need to know who's best…
    Will be trading out Thomas as well due to the injury.
    Your opinions?
    Also any other good options?
    Thanks Guys :)

• dools says:

Hey bout7, That is n awesome question whom do I pick outa those 5?
      Cash not an issue right.
      Hodge will continue to dominate, Watson will still perform to the level I think he can (But Bombers psycholgy is up in the air due to Drug investigation) Buddy has no requiremennt to produce as Hale and RuffStuff are doing the Job for him Thurlow is not needed by your own admission
      Nic Nat is for you

88. Bucko says:

Thoughts on the evergreen boomer harvy as a replacement to daisy

89. Callum says:

Is it worth making two trades to get out thomas and heath/ stevenson? I have 17 trades left, and i would have thought so, though if i do i would try to ease off on trades for a bit. And would these trades be good?

Heath/Stevenson ( Depending on who is not playing) ~ Thurlow

AND

Thomas to nic nat.

Can't really bring in a mid premium because my mids are premiums apart from o' meara, parker and moloney, who all get 100 points most of the time. Or would there be any other good forward targets apart from buddy ( who i am definitely not getting), Maybe boomer?

• bout7 says:

Personally I'm not to keen on boomer so if you dont want buddy then I think just go for nic nat, he's the best option this week (For a forward)

90. Sunka says:

How many times this season has the 'talk of the town' player gone down with injury or bad form? Daisy, Hartlett, Dixon, Johnson, Westhoff, Birchall…..I'm not touching Franklin. I smell a conspiracy….

91. dools says:

See above Callum….

92. brett says:

need to choose 1 to trade this week for watson

Gibbs
    Dangerfield
    Cotchin
    Murphy
    Shuey
    Priddis

i personally think watson is a must at that price this week?

• bout7 says:

Don't you have rookies you can upgrade instead? That'd be a much better option…
      But if I had to choose one maybe shuey because of his high breakeven, I think gibbs is back this week and danger, cotchin, murphy and priddis are all keepers in my books, barring injury of course.

• bout7 says:

Actually i wouldnt trade any of them for watson it's not worth it.
        Maybe donwgrade a rookie defender to thurlow and upgrade a rookie midfielder to watson…
        Could that work?
        Much better trades than sideways trading

93. Liddlejnr says:

Only one player to pick up this week. NIC NATANUI!

94. jalpiper says:

Need help my friends.
    I'm a SC rookie and need help. My husband is saying get rid of Cloke. Is he right?
    Others I have to get rid of are Neade, Health & Wines. Only have $16,600 in the kitty.
    What do I do? HELP!
    Thanks in advance, jalpiper

95. Ando says:

What do you think of
    Neade to Staker
    then i'll have enough to go
    Hodge to Ablett