Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – pre round 5

Filed in Supercoach, Weekly Podcast by on April 21, 2013 • views: 1313

Jock Reynolds Father of Fantasy podcast

It is a very special episode this week our beloved community. We come to you from the bowels of the mighty Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) after celebrating a great victory with the Demons.

The Demons dug deep and found something in the second half against GWS and may just have saved their football club. And so it is here today that I call upon you all to dig deep into your soul in this crucial period of the Supercoach and/or Dreamteam season.

The race to get a team full of premium players as quickly as you possibly can is on. Some inexperienced folk out there will miss the start… will not even realise that this race is on. They’ll languish. Others will realise that the time for stuffing with sideways trades has passed… that the time to begin slaughtering your cash cows… may have arrived.

Look forward to your input and conversation below.

Enjoy the show.

Jock

1. Jonno says:

Should I trade Blicavs to Leuenberger and Karnezis to Mayes, or look at trying to get Birchall in there some way, possibly for Duffield?

2. mr chan says:

was thinking the same thing with duff to birchall as he might be an unreachable (price) soon if he keeps avg 120's! hmmm…..

3. Andrew says:

Not sure on this, should I get rid of Zorko and get Cloke or wait another week?

4. Duncie says:

Great pod again gang!

Got too many zero players. Not enough scorers.

Mayes > HItchcock
    Gibbs, Hartlett or Birchhall > Hurn, S (Gibbie won't get cheaper)
    OR
    Go Nathan Wright for Hurn?

Have $600K in kitty. Ton o' rooks: Pittard, Hutchins, Terlich, Vlastuin, Viney Crouch, Blicave, Rowe, Daw, Neade, Sinclair. DUNCER NEEDS POINTS!

• Kev says:

You obviously don't need coin. So yes to mayes, then birchall ahead of gibbs and hartlett

• Duncie says:

Right. Getting Birchall. Since I need points, thinking LeCras for Jetta instead of Mayes. Have a lot of rooks. Will have $450K left.

Thoughts? Thanks Kev.

• John says:

yeah good trades jetta having a shocker and lecras is in form

• Zman says:

Getting a little wobbly in the mind.

Instead of LeCras for Jetta, get Cloke. Dependable and value going up.

Overthinking?

Thanks John.

• Duncie says:

Cloke may make sense. My highest FWD scorer is Walker.

Maybe get LeCras next round. Thoughts?

5. Marcus says:

Great podcast jock! Unfortunately last round I was unable to deal with Kommer and Varcoe so I will have to trade them out this round. However, instead of Kommer Hannley may have to be traded out depending on how badly his knee was injured. Anyway my question is who would be a good trade for Varcoe and a good trade for Kommer or Hanley? (I have plenty of cash so that won't be a problem.)
    Any help will be appreciated greatly!!!

6. @HJ_Mitch says:

Sam Mayes will make Jaeger O'Meara look ordinary. He is a gun!

7. @HJ_Mitch says:

What about Le Cras!

8. john d says:

varcoe to cloke then stevenson to birchall? thoughts?

9. billy says:

g'day fellas
    i have 1 trade left for the week after viney to evans. should i use my remaining trade to get a premium forward(dwyer/neade to cloke/westhoff) or a premium defender(stevenson/pittard/heath to birchall/hartlett)

10. Nick says:

Who is the best 2 player to upgrade to I have 580,000 in the bank

Zorko

Roughed

Ablet

Danger

Walker

Or any others you think I should get

11. Supercoachrookie says:

Another Great Podcast guys.

Which two of these trades are the most important.

Pittard/Stevenson to Birchall
    Jacobs to Mcevoy/Maric
    Viney to Hannebery
    One rookie forward to buddy

One more question is 2233 a good score for a first year supercaoch player.

Your help would be much appreciated.

• Andrew says:

Great score for a first year player

• Dashmasha says:

Buddy will drop a bit more i reckon. Birchall will only go up again. He is super consistent as well and he can deal with taggers as well. Get him in i reckon. Maric is still dropping in price. Hannebery looks good as well.

• aaa says:

1. Getting Birchall in
      2. Getting Hannebery/Buddy

12. Dashmasha says:

HEY JOCK, have a look at Taylor Duryea.
    Hawks midfielder, on the bubble, $115,000, BE -56 (if someone needs to down-trade for a money making rookie looking to rise in price) looking to rise by about $60,000,
    Is playing as a defender mostly (i think), but the Hawks are moving many more players through the midfield this year, more than any other year. At one point against Freo in the center bounce I saw Cyril, Isaac Smith, and Birchall. Friggin' Birchall of all people lol. Taylor will be playing every week, coz he actually plays well and helps the team. I'm a Hawks fan. Plus we got another season ending injury in Shoenmakers.

• koko says:

He did ok but plenty of clangers. Matt Spangher will get his chance soon(maybe this week) Hes a straight swap with Shoe if you ask me(same height ) and Lake should be in.I think Hawks will rest Ozzy and drop Savage this week. Taylor might be safe for 1 more week BUT is a trade worth $60,000? Good luck bro, i wouldnt.

13. scott says:

duffield to birchall
    neade to buddy

good or bad

14. Dashmasha says:

BIRCHALL, I'm a massive Hawks fans, and I'm telling you, nothing will stop Birchall. He has learned how to deal with taggers. Ross Lyon tried to quell his influence on the weekend, up to half time Birchall had 20 possessions, in the next half he got another 17. PLUS, this year more than ever, Clarko is running more and more players through the midfield. I saw Birchall around the center bounce a few times, Sammy Mitchall across half-back. Birchall will only rise in price, and he kicks goals outside 50 and his disposal efficiency is awesome. I locked Birchall in before round 1, everyone should get him in now, trust me. ALSO, look at his scores against the TOP TEAMS, imagine when the Hawks play the lower ranked teams. GET HIM NOW I say. :)

• Aaron says:

Yea might have to go Duffman to Birchall this week. Also want to upgrade Ebert in my mids to Selwood but not enough cash…

15. @TheDishD says:

Awesome Podcast once again gents!
    quite a few options to consider this week, birchall looks to be a must get along with a few others, time for the butcher to cull some cash cows.

16. Jimmu says:

gotta love having viney on the field instead of o'meara. sigh

17. Wato69 says:

Hey Jock I was thinking would this be a good move or a wrong move ? currently my team looks like this
    DEF – Hanley , Goddard , Gibbs , Hartlett , Goodes , Stevenson with Hutchins and Terlich as the EMGS

MID – Ablett , Pendlebury , Selwood , Deledio , A. Swallow , Wines , O'Meara , Viney with Crouch and Mitchell as EMG

RUC – Maric , Rowe and Blicavs and Currie as EMG

FWD – Cox , Rockliff , Zorko , Lecras , Dwyer , Sinclair with Neade and Mcaffer as EMG
    I currently have 249.700 k in the bank , I was thinking trading Stevenson for Docherty then trading Neade for Franklin having around a grand in the bank . Is this a smart move or should try and keep building cash up ?
    Also I noted on Hanley's corked knee and Ablett could be looking injured so I won't do any changes unless they are 100% playing this week .

• Dashmasha says:

I don't know much coz I'm a first time Fantasy Football player, but I would seriously consider trading Dwyer or Mcaffer for Cloke now at 480,000 (i think). His score is about to shoot up again massively. Plus, accuracy for goal has improved so much on last year. He's just a lot better at everything, Franklin may still drop yet, but then again, Hawks are playing North Melbourne, and last time they played, Buddy kicked 13 and had something over 230 SC points :-)

18. Walto69 says:

That's Joel Selwood as well FYI :)

19. Callum says:

What do i do with parker? i traded him in two weeks ago, now has a BE of 103. If i trade him out i have 600,000 to spend. Very annoyed at myself changing bennel to parker at the last minute instead of wingard!

20. chandanrajdb says:

Hi Guys,

My trades this week,

OUT: L Brown IN: G Birchall

OUT: J Bartell IN: T Cloke

What do you guys think?

GOOD or BAD…..

• Fabian says:

Brown to Birchall Yes.
      Bartel to Cloke maybe not. Cloke isn't going to score like that every week and Bartel is still averaging 100+. Better of using the trade elsewhere.

• Kev says:

Agree with Fabian on Cloke. His 2012 is still permanently etched in my memory…

Stick with bartel

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Kev,

Thanks for your comment above mate…..

Please see my reply for yours & Fabian's Comment……what do you think mate…..

• chandanrajdb says:

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for the comments mate…..reasoning behind the above trade of Bartel to Cloke…..

1. Bartel – firstly i am a cats fan……Bartel is playing as HB/FB role………..I cant see him playing in the midfield or up forward when you got players who are doing really well in those positions….which means his SC scores will start to decrease and eventually his price……i agree he is averaging more than 100 SC PPG this year……mainly because in a couple of matches when Steve J and J kelly wasnt playing, he played in the midfield and up forward…now that steve J is back and J kelly (who might be back next week) he wont be playing in the guts (I think)….and also his winning goal against roos was worth around 47 or 50 points…which increased his average……and i seriously think he will be averaging around 90-95 SC PPG by season end and also he wont be in the top 10 FWDS as well….what do you guys think…..?

2. Cloke – i watched that game against Tigers…….he was awesome….taking excellent marks and kicking straight…..he wasn't good last year becoz of his contract negotiation issues were troubling him……and i seriously think he will be in the top 5 FWD's come season end…..his BE is -39 which means he will go up in price significantly…….he also played well against Hawks and scored 133 SC points…..currently…..averaging 122 SC PPG this season….and I strongly believe that he will be averaging around 110 to 115 by seasons end……what do you guys think?

By making the above trade i will be making around 70 to 80k….Cloke's price rise of +66k and Bartel's price drop off around 10-15k……

What do you guys think now….????

• Dean says:

Brown to Birchall a YES but defiantly a huge NO to Bartel to Cloke.

Bartel will be much more consistent then Cloke will be.

21. Pete says:

Great podcast guys!

Viney = crab

Viney > Sam Mayes
    L Stevenson > Birchall

22. jack says:

nothing said about jack grimes from melbourne? two scores of 120s and 2 of 80s. worth a look at??

23. Liam says:

Unfortunately still have L. Jetta, have $537000 to upgrade him with.

Should I go Cloke, or to someone like Monfries or Stokes to save some money to get Birchall in next week?

24. Chris says:

Time to get rid of Mumford, I have coz in fwd line and Rowe as emergency ruck so can swap Mumford for a fwd.. Who would be good..

I already have buddy.

Clock, Bartel, chapman?any ideas

• Matt says:

I'd wait a couple of weeks on Bartel – looks to be playing a defensive role (the week i got him in too). Chappy may be too old. Cloke could be a good option, and even look at Andrew Walker.

25. JJFYZZ says:

Hi Jock,

Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'm sure it'll be a sensation as every week is.

Shocker last week for me. Every single one of my Premos is down this week. Ablett, Pendles, Danger and JPK. On the upside they can't all suck again next week.Only had 5 players score over 100 and still scored 2,100.

Sitting in 702 after week 3. Ranking on Rnd 4 at 91,000. Dropped to overall ranking of 1700.

So this week I'm thinking
    Terlich to Birchall
    Jacobs out. Cox to ruck and Cloke in.

What do you guy think?

26. Chris says:

Any rookie fwd/midson the bubble?

27. John says:

G'day fellas, here is my team currently.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, Shaw (Hutchins, Terlich)
    MID: Pendlebury, Swan, Cotchin, Fyfe, Mundy, Wines, O'Meara, Viney (Crouch, K.Mitchell)
    RUC: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Currie, Rowe)
    FOR: Rockliff, Roughead, Dwyer, Neade, Broughton, Siposs (McCaffer, Kerridge)
    820k in the chest.

Was thinking of going Kane Mitchell to Hartlett, and Broughton to Mayes, leaving me with 709k.

Any advice on trades? Forward line needs work but I think it can hold up for a week or two, thoughts?

Replies and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

28. jimbotraralgon says:

considering Dwyer or Macaffer to mayes and duffman to birchall before the gap gets too big.

been stuck in the low to mid 2100's and need to make moves before its all a bit too late.

Thoughts guys?

• Mac says:

I'll most likely be trading Macaffer to Mayes this week as well. However, still not sure about trading Duffield out….I'm not really keen on trading to Birchall, because I don't really think he'll average more than 100 for the season. And since he's averaged 127.5 for the last four games, that means he'll only average 94 for the rest of the season, assuming he plays every game.

• Matt says:

I personally disagree with you on this one Mac. How many defenders get stats like Birchall did on the weekend? 37 touches, 12 marks and a goal. Will finish top of defenders at the end of the year

29. Gilly says:

Sam Mayes (Brisbane) or Michael Evans (Melbourne) for Jack Viney. More short term cash with Evans but not sure I want anymore Melbourne spuds in my team

30. Jack says:

Is it worth getting rid of duffield for birchall? Or am I better off using all my spare cash and trade a Stevenson for him?

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Jack – I'd absolutely stick with the Duffman mate. Try and work Birchall in using other trade options if you need to I reckon son

• Matt says:

im going through the exact same dilemma. Currently leaning towards sacrificing Stevenson for Birch and keeping Duffield

31. Zimmer says:

Going to bring in Mayes for K. Mitchell. Have to trade Ryder. The Mayes swing allows me to trade a mid or a fwd for Ryder. Should I go Selwood (or another mid) in the middle, or Franklin (or another fwd) up forward??

Thanks in advance.

• THE SALTSHAKERS says:

for a premium you want to check your bye rounds that u wont have to trade them again – any more than 3 in a line same week and then u might have issues for that round

32. Adam says:

Pittard to Birchill and have $110,000 in bank or
    Pittard to Hartlett and have $181,900 in bank

33. chandanrajdb says:

Thinking of doing 2 trades this week and next week and sit tight till the bye rounds…..

Currently have $485,800 in the bank and ranked 14000 overall….my score in the 4th round was horrible……only 2085 (J Viney in the field)…..disappointed…..thinking of going really hard in trades this week by using my bank balance and bringing in 2 premiums…….

This week trades…..
    OPTION – 1:
    OUT: Moloney IN: Hartlett
    OUT: Viney IN: Birchall
    Will be left with $52,700….

or
    OPTION – 2:
    OUT: Moloney IN: Cloke
    OUT: Viney IN: Hartlett / Birchall (who do guys think to bring in off these 2, HELP ME)
    Will be left with $100,200 (by bringing in Hartlett) or 26,400 (if i bring in Birchall)……

Which option above do i need to going for…..i am really not sure…….PLEASE HELP…..

NEXT WEEK TRADES: 2 downgrades…..generate some cash…….
    OUT: L Brown IN S Docherty
    OUT: Dwyer / Macaffer / Neade IN: S Kerridge…..

will be left with around 200k in the bank…….this is approximate value based on the projected price rise of the current rookies mentioned above…….

What do you think???…….

Thanks……

RAJ…..

34. Adam says:

What about Rampe?? on the bubble and only 96,000

35. John says:

OUT: Viney IN: Evans. good or bad?

36. Chris says:

Waste I reckon, everyone has such short memory.. Evans played 1 good game and it was against gws, he could only score 40 odd against west coast.. He will never score above 100 again and will average about 50-60.. And I'm a dees supporter

37. Xavier says:

What do you think about Broughton and Duffield out for Goodes and Birchall?

38. Adam V says:

Walker from Carlton?
    Reckon he can score 100 for the rest of the year?

39. Matt says:

Should I slaughter Stevenson for Birchall and trade Karnezis to Mayes (50k remaining)
    OR trade Duffield to Birchall and Karnezis to Myaes (300k remaining).

Cheers

40. didz says:

Had an absolutely woeful week, but just gotta move on and it can only get better! Does anyone think i should trade out jon griffin for maric/mcevoy/minson? i have the money but should i save it and wait to upgrade rookies?

• Daniel says:

Probably the best time to trade out Griffin. If u want to save money go Minson he will go up a bit the next few weeks and has a good average as well

41. Juda says:

Mayes or Evans??????????

42. Luke says:

Hey boys, love the podcasts!
    I scored 2245 in round 4, and Im pretty happy with it. This is my team so far:

DEFENDERS:
    B Goddard, B Gibbs, H Hartlett, H Shaw, B Goodes, L Stevenson (D Terlich, J Frost)

MIDFIELDERS:
    G Ablett, D Swan, P Dangerfield, T Cotchin, B Moloney, O Wines, J O'Meara, B Crouch (K Mitchell, J Viney)

RUCKS:
    S Mumford, M Leunberger (C Sinclair, D Currie)

FORWARDS:
    L Franklin, T Rockliff, D Cox, J Kennedy, S Rowe, S Kerridge (T Lee, B Macaffer)

Im thinking of slaughtering a cash cow this week, as I have $304,200 in the bank. Should I generate some cash by trading out a rookie who has risen in price such as Stevenson for a cheaper rookie such as Docherty, or trade out a rookie like Wines or Goodes for a premium. Im thinking to trade out Goodes for Birchall or Hanley, or maybe upgrade my midfield and get another premium like Selwood or Kennedy but I want more suggests and approvals. Please give me advice and suggestions.

Cheers

• Andrew says:

You'd be mad to get rid of Goodes or Winey while they are still scoring 100s or near to. They are still money making machines. Wait on Hanley as he is out to week anyway. Better off doing the downgrade and, if it doesn't impact on your field leaving it at that -just using them for the cash generation. The rest of your team needs a couple more weeks to make the difference.

• jeremey says:

your joking mate slaughtering goodes or wines?

43. steve says:

Thoughts on trading heppel for birchall ?

44. Jack says:

I can pull the pin on Pittard to Hartlett. It will leave me with next to nothing in the kitty but I still have Goodes, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch, Neade, Stevenson, Stevens and Viney to make me more coin. Should I be worried about having no money after this trade?

Forward line is a premium away from being complete, midfield sees three of Wines, O'Meara, Stevens and Viney on the field at the moment..

45. Westy says:

Birchall in for Atley
    Leuenberger in for Mummy – need to let the cows fatten a little more.

• Westy says:

Makes my backline Birchall, Hanley, Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, (Stevenson, Docherty). I reckon that's just about a set and forget – let Stevenson and Docherty increase some more and then ditch for a couple of backline newbies.
      Shame about my other 3 lines though!

46. Jake says:

thoughts on those midpricers and when to go wushkaaa with a down/upgrade, for example jordan russel, luke parker, brent moloney etc

47. Chris says:

birchall vs hanley?
    i know that he's suspended

48. john says:

wines to evens then stevenson to birchall remain 113 in the bank
    or
    wines to evens then omeara to ablett
    or
    or do i keep these rookies and get more money

i prefer option one as abletts price i think will go down a bit more and birchalls price will be still increasing advice please

• Jack says:

Wait a week, Ablett has a BE of 163, we all know it's achievable for him but odds are that he won't get that. Wines and O'Meara will go up again this week as Ablett comes down a little further. Costs you much less cash!

49. oliver says:

Should I trade Gaff up to Dangerfield? Or should I give gaff a couple more weeks, i have a feeling that his scores will improve once the eagles get some form back. Or should I go Viney to Danger?

• Jack says:

If you can afford Patrick Dangerfield for Jack Viney you should absolutely pull the trigger this very minute!

50. Jack says:

Trading Viney to Evans but laves me $3,000 short of Stevenson to Hanley and $6,000 short of Goddard. Viney's 9 is a kick in the teeth! Stevenson to Hartlett it is..

• Michael says:

Do you have Pittard or Heath? They are about 10ish K higher than Stevenson – and will get you Hanley

• Dean says:

Just wait 1 week and providing Viney & Stevenson play then they will gain in price so you can make the trade you really want at the end of the day.

51. Gillie says:

Option 1
    Trade J.Griffen out for Ben McEvoy

Option 2
    Trade J.Griffen out for Max Gawn for Melbourne
    Then Trade K.Mitchell out for P.Dangerfield

52. Jess says:

hmmm.
    O'meara for Mayes
    and
    Bartel for Westoff
    good or bad trades? :/

• Zimmer says:

Don't know why you'd trade Bartel.

• Eugene says:

O'Meara will continue to rise in price with a BE of 2 and can produce some nice scores so no real point in trading him out yet.
      Why trade Bartel out after 1 bad game? I think he is more of a keeper than Westhoff…

• Gilly says:

Without seeing your team i'd be keeping both in at least the short term

• Cam says:

Westoff has played three poor teams, and one down on personnel and confidence, I don't think he can maintain these scores against quality opp'.

53. Meezo says:

What do you think about matthew wright? think of swapping him for Dean Cox as he hasnt produced the 100’s i was expecting. or take out phil davis or shaun atley for birchall??

54. Cold Ass Honky says:

Am i chasing scores too much if i do the following:

– Neade to Mayes / Blicavs to Gawn
    – In order to make Heppell into Birchall.

Just feel birchall will play himself out of price range, especially with the fun of MFC, GWS, GCS in coming weeks

55. Cold Ass Honky says:

*run of

56. Zman says:

Stuck. Need points.

Mayes for Jetta
    or
    LeCras for Jetta.

Have ton o' rooks. Getting Birchall. Getting LeCras will leave me with $435K.

• SCaddict says:

It's probably better to jump straight to an ultra premium if you can like Cox, Rocky or Buddy if you don't have them.

I wouldn't worry about Mayes. You probably already have enough cash cows as it is and there will always be more rookies on the bubble as the season goes on.

• Zman says:

Thanks SCaddict!

Wracking brain more…gonna go Cloke for Jetta. Highest scoring forwards are Cox and Walker. Need scorers. Get LeCras next round. Maybe for Hawkins. Use difference to trade one of my zeros for LeCras.

• SCaddict says:

Yes Clokey would be another ultra premium to get on although as a power forward you just need need to accept he will have huge weeks but also some quiet ones too where as someone like Rocky will be more consistent.

He was certainly a beast last Saturday so can understand why a lot folks want to jump on him. I've had him in my DT squad from the get go but can't fit him in my SC forward structure unfortunately.

• Zman says:

Nice problem to have, SCaddict! I'm suffering from first timer-itits (too many zero players and dippy trades).

Rocky's value won't increase/decrease too much. Better to get Cloke whose value is gonna go up and get Rocky next week? Still have $330K in kitty.

Appreciate your help.

• SCaddict says:

Yes that sounds like a good plan to me Zman.

• Zman says:

Thanks again, SCaddict.

Next round need to unload one of my two FWD zeros (Hitchcock and Curran). Headaches and thrill. Enjoying first year of SC.

57. phil says:

I have Josh Jenkins in my side and his breakeven is 70, should i upgrade him for someone like travis cloke or sam jacobs?

• Daniel says:

Have a look at Matthew stokes save u money and with a breakeven of 8 he's going to go up a bit so you could get someone like a dean cox in a few rounds

• Dean says:

I would keep Jenkins now that u didn't trade him out for Leuenburger unless you already have him. Although Jenkins hasn't lost you anything he has made you a extra 14k by keeping him that extra week.
      I would defiantly keep Jenkins as his B/E is only 70 so you don't have much to lose and hope that MAX GAWN for only $115,900 from Melbourne plays in round 5, he should after his great game scoring 97 in his first game and with a current B/E of -129 his price will go through the roof in rounds 6,7 & 8 providing he plays and scores around 60 this week.

I had Jenkins also but I chose to traded him out for LEUENBURGER last week before Leuey's price rose plus I gained $70+k in cash by doing this trade.

Good luck with what ever way you choose.

58. sean says:

• SCaddict says:

I would probably hang on to your cash for now or perhaps consider bringing in a premium defender like Hartlett or Birchall before their prices sky rocket.

Think you will gain more advantage from that than trading up Griffin.

59. James says:

I have 700k in warchest. Unlucky to get stuck with Kane Mitchell. Do i trade him for a cash cow like Evans? At the moment i pulled the trigger and got Swan in. BE of 97 easy for him. Thoughts?

• Dean says:

That's a tough call I have thought about this similar but slightly different situation for a mate of mine. He has only $382k in the bank but he has VARCOE so he wants me to really help him out.
      I have traded out VARCOE and put SWAN in many times and I then click the "REVERSE TRADE" tab over 10 times and then Chose Evens and again click the "REVERSE TRADE" tab. The problem im not happy doing for my mate's team is getting SWAN which then leaves him with only $5,000 in his warchest so to speak. He doesn't have enough cash left over I feel for this move.

I think I will be forced to go EVENS over SWAN at this point just to generate some quick cash.
      If you have a ton of premium cash cows then id probably go SWAN but if you only have a couple then I'd strongly consider Evens as a quick $100k to $200k capital gain then flip him out in 2 to 3 weeks and get someone like a SWAN or SELWOOD as long as SWAN doesn't score massive scores then his price won't go up by a great deal. It's the risk I think I'll need to go for my mate's team.

Good luck though mate, I know how disturbing it feels.

60. Cold Ass Honky says:

One more idea:
    – Josh Kennedy (wce) out, Cloke in
    – Stevenson out, Docherty in.

Sideways, i know. But the idea is ending with players who'll be top 10 in their positions.

If cloke comes in, i believe i have 5 of those 10: (Cloke), Franklin, Bartel, Cox, Rockliff.

Maybe im overthinking?

• Cold Ass Honky says:

Also, Cloke's price will skyrocket with as BE of -39

• Cold Ass Honky says:

And by 5 of those ten, im referring to forwards obviously..

• Michael says:

Looks good. Agree with the second trade, but think Kennedy to Cloke is like for like (think they will both finish about the same rank at end of the year). Cloke is in some great form right now, but Kennedy has been pretty good and has only had the one bad game

• Dean says:

Trading Josh Kennedy for Cloke is just silly IMO at this stage.
      If anything Josh Kennedy has been the most consistent forward out of Cloke & Franklin thus far with scores of 109, 103, 136 & 68

I wouldn't have Cloke in my side, id chose FRANKLIN way before I chose CLOKE not to mention Cloke has already gone up $80,000
      Ok granted his B/E is still at -39 so he still should make $40+k for you but I don't see Cloke as a consistent enough player over the long term even though Cloke has a impressive average of 125 he already hasn't been consistent as far as im concerned with rounds of 92, 79 in his first 2 rounds, just remember we have only played 4 rounds and it's his score of 195 that has sky rocketed his average, can he keep scoring 100+ week in week out, I'd bet HELL NO he will have between 5 to 8 weeks where he scores between 40 to 70 points.

Frankel is notorious for starting slow, he has a average of 104 right now, his Average will reach 120 soon enough, I'll be picking him up soon most likely between round 6 to 8.

However I can understand all the hype for Cloke right now but he just doesn't cut it for me as a long term high scoring performer. I wish you good luck which ever way you chose to go.

61. crabby says:

so duffeild for birchill and don't look back?

• SCaddict says:

It's one of those maligned sideways trades but that's exactly what I've done in DT this week.

Seen enough in the first 4 rounds to feel confident enough that there will be enough of a significant gap in average output between the two to justify this trade.

62. Jamie Dale says:

Have listened to enough episodes now to be hooked. Serious talent here. Would like to know more of the brains behind the voices?? Why are you not on the radio already?
    Thanks again.
    I am getting rid of Viney and going for a POD premium mid but reluctant to say who.
    Clue: toothpaste.

63. Jake says:

Brock Mclean… too easy

64. Callum says:

My trades this week:
    Out: Viney, Parker
    IN: Hartlett, Mayes.
    This now leaves me with both opf these guys in the midfield, which means i can swap from DEF and FWD. Also i have jacobs definitely has not been performing as well as usual, now with that 77 in his BE, would it be worth trading him? I would think not, but i want to hear some other opinions.

My team after the two trades:

Really need some help on this one. Two weeks ago i brought in parker for bennel. Had wingard up until 5 minutes before the game. Kicking myself on that one. Anyway im stuck with parker, and after his 46 on friday night his BE is now 103 and that 46 is going to be sitting there the next 3 weeks. Dont really want to trade him out after bringing him in just two weeks ago. If i was to trade him, who could i get in? This is how my team looks;

DEF: Goddard(mid0, Gibbs(mid), Hepell(mid), Goodes(mid), Pittard, Stevenson, Heath, Terlich.

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Danger, Parker, Fyfe, Moloney, O'meara, Crouch, Viney, Wines.

RUCK: Jacobs, Leunberger, Blicavs(MID), Rowe(FWD)

FWD: Cox(RUCK), Roughy(RUCK), Zorko(MID), Rockliff(MID), Kennedy, Dwyer(MID), Neade(MID), Macaffer.

$140,100 in the kitty
    22 trades left

65. EPR says:

Which is the best premium fwd option?

Rockliff or Franklin?

66. Xavier says:

Hey guys, this is my first year of SC. Flying blind a little – would love some tips for my team on some potentail trades. Playing a mate last year who won the comp – the bragging rights for a win would be unheralded….I've only got $43,200 in the bank at the moment which is causing me a headache for trades…

BACKS: Goddard, B, Gibbs, B, Duffield, P, Russell, J, Brown, Broughton, G (Terlich, D & Richards, X )

MID: Pendlebury, S, Selwood, J, Swan, D, Watson, J, Barlow, M, O'Meara, J, Jones, M, Mayes, S (Viney, J & Colquhoun, S)

RUCKS: Leuenberger, M, Rowe, S (Ryder, P & Currie, D)

FWDS: Westhoff, J, Cox, D, Franklin, L, Darling, J, Neade, J, Macaffer, B (Lee, T & Redpath, J)

67. Luke says:

Should I downgrade Stevenson to Docherty to generate more cash? Or go ahead and slaughter some of my cash cows. I have Stevenson, Goodes, Terlich, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney, Rowe, Macaffer, Lee, Mitchell, Kerridge, Frost and Sinclair all in my team. I feel like slaughtering Goodes or Wines as they have risen in price a lot, but should I wait another couple of weeks, and just make some more cash this week? What do you guys think? Please give me more trades and suggestions to think about.
    Cheers

68. Daniel says:

Should I go do Docherty in for Daniel Pearce and viney out for trav boak or any other players or is it too early yet thanks

69. Logan says:

Look, i have had to make quite a few corrective trades with mid pricers or the wrong rookies, e.g. Rich, Bennell And i have made 6 trades in 3 weeks. I am now finding hard to resist the urge to make another 2 this week. Im not particularly unhappy with my side but i cant help but thinking grant birchall is a must!
    I can make this trade
    Pittard/Viney to Docherty/Evans and then Stevenson to Birchall.

Is it worth it or do i settle?

70. Jon says:

Guys Who should I trade Karnezis out for? I have bartel, cox, lecras, rockliffe, kennedy, Neade and Mcaffer already.

71. Eugene says:

Do I trade in Selwood or Swan this week?
    With Selwood, will have $28,900 left…
    With Swan, will left $13,600 left…

72. @yvraith says:

With my current team looking like this.
    Def: Hanley, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, J.Pittard, L. Stevenson, (J Hutchins & D. Terlich)

Mids: G. Ablett, D. Swan, J. Watson, C. Wingard, B. Moloney, O. Wines, B. Goodes, J. O'mera, (J. Viney & N. Kommer)

Rucks: Maric, Leuenberger, (S. Rowe & Blicavs)

Fwds: Cox, J.J. Kennedy, T. Rockliff, D. Zorko, M. Lecras, J. Neade, (S. Dwyer & B. Mcaffer)

I'm thinking that I should get Birchall in now, to start to settle my back line.
    I'm tossing up trading out either Pittard or Stevenson as Hutchins & Terlich still have a bit more cash life in them.
    I just can't decide on which of the Port boys to cull.

Pittard>Birchall = $77.1K, while Stevenson>Birchall = $64.1K.

Option 2 is to get H. Hartlett.
    Pittard>Hartlett = $150.9k or Stevenson>Hartlett = $137.9k

Any thoughts on this would be great.

• EPR says:

Mate that teams looking bloody good!

I'd go Stevenson to Birchall if I were you, his price has been inflated by a 93 against GWS which goes out of his 3 week rolling average this week. I don't think he's got a whole lot of life left in him.

• Is Stevensons predicted price rise of 50-80k over the next month going to be +/- Birchalls predicted price rise? Thats the only factor to weigh up really.

73. Sam says:

Should i trade out:

Viney -> Evans

Mundy -> Swan

74. Jarrod says:

Anyone else have Heath Shaw? If so should I keep him or trade him down for a rookie like Docherty or am I being a little impatient?

75. Trading out Ryder for a FWD $470k in the bank

Im thinking either Buddy with a BE of 116 which he could get against Nth
    or
    Cloke with a BE of -18

My main problem is i think it will be hard to get the player i dont choose in anytime soon as my fwd rookies wont quite be ready to trade up.

My current FWD line is Cox, Rocky, JJK, Dwyer, Mayes, Neade, Macaffer.
    Rucks are Roughead and Berger

What do i do here community?!?!? Please tell me your thoughts

• SCaddict says:

I would go Buddy despite the BE differential. Reckon he'll finish the season with a significantly higher average than Clokey.

Also in a few weeks the Hawks' draw opens up as they start playing some of the easibeats who he could really go to town on.

We need to think long term when we upgrade to premiums now to minimise the risk of future sideways corrective trading. It's easy to get seduced by recent huge performances.

A few weeks back it was Libba and Bartel who we 'needed' to get in, then it was Hanley and Big Will, last week it was the Hoff and Cox, this week it's Clokey and the Birch. Some of these guys will turn out to be a gold mine and others will prove to be merely pyrite.

Who knows who it will be next week…. Stevie J, Daisy, Wingard, Shaw, Danger….??

76. Adrian Campanaro says:

Hi all

My current team looking like this.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs,B. Goodes, Duffield, Pittard, J Hutchins (L. Stevenson / D. Terlich)
    Mids: G. Ablett, D. Swan, J. Kennedy, Murphy, Dangerfield, C. Wingard, O'Meara,J. Viney, (Crouch & K.Mitchell)
    Rucks: Jacobs, Rowe, (Witts & Currie)
    Fwds: Cox, Bartel,J.J. Kennedy, Franklin, S. Dwyer, J. Neade, ( Kerridge & B. Mcaffer)

I am thinking of doing the following this week:

Neadle->Westoff
    Duffied->Harlett
    OR
    Duffied->Birchall, Grant
    Neadle->A Walker
    OR
    Get a good RUCK

What do you think.

Thanks

77. Pete says:

I've got Sauce Jacobs underperforming in the ruck, and Big Cox as a FWD. I'm pretty happy with my DEF and FWD structures at the moment, and I'm about $10-12K short of being able to trade out Viney for Evans so that I can slaughter Heath/Pittard to get Birchall in.

What are people's thoughts on sideways trading Hanley to get Birch in (is Hanley injured BTW?)

…or alternatively swing Cox into Ruck and downgrade Jacobs to LeCras to free up enough cash to upgrade Heath/Pittard to Birchall?

Second option means I'm stuck with Viney for another week, and potentially miss out on new cash cows in Evans and Mayes, but strengthens my backline considerably without compromising my forward structure either.

I just think the Port defenders are set to come up against tough opposition over the coming weeks, so further cash increases may not be that great (for at least one of the three that I have – just gotta pick the right one to slaughter!)

78. Eugene says:

What do you guys think of Priddis? Is he a long-term keeper?
    Scores have been very consistent thus far but not overly superb.
    I have him in my team currently, should I upgrade him to a Swan or Watson or Selwood or just hold steady?

• Dean says:

HOLD are you serious? Rounds of 86, 113, 122 & 104 and a average of 106 after just 4 rounds would be absolutely insane to trade someone like Priddis now.

He has only dropped $13,700 in value and his B/E is at: 116

A definite STRONG HOLD on Priddis mate, if that's your only worry you must be really doing well.

79. Jason says:

Any thoughts on a downgrade to Daw to free up some cash? Just traded:

Stevenson > Birchall
    Jaocobs > Daw

Moved Cox into ruck and brought Rowe on as a forward. Means I gain a premium defender but in effect lose a premium forward.

• Dean says:

ALL THIS RUSH IS JUST CRAZY…
      It's pointless, just wait until this round is completed (Round 5) before making these stupid trades.
      Daw has only played one game, he isn't on the bubble until after round 5 is completed providing he is selected to play in round 5. If Daw gets injured in round 5 you'll be kicking yourself.

80. The Old Dylan says:

I am loathe to sideways trade, but Shaw to birchall? I have a big game coming up this week against my biggest supercoach rival, we are pretty evenly placed so I want to get someone in to take out the win. I want to get the birch in before he becomes too expensive, but i know that shaw will come good. I don't have enough cash to off a couple of cows to get the birch.

• SCaddict says:

I would resist that temptation. You would think Scott would make it a top 3 priority to shut down Birch this round after all the exposure his performance registered in the media this week. Shaw may soon recover his mojo.

Can you slaughter a couple of cash cows and bring in a premium instead rather than a sideways trade if this round is especially important for you?

81. Jono says:

Is it time for me to dump P.Duffield and/or J.Griffin?
    Do I go from Viney to Evans, or would Viney to Mayes be a safer option seeing Evans high score could be a once off??

82. Sunka says:

Hey peeps, how do these trades look? Viney out for Evans, Stevenson out for Birchall. Leaves me with $110,000 in the bank. I don't think I like the idea of trading Hanley out. Sit tight one week and then reap the rewards next week onwards!

Def: Goddard, Hanley, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Hutchins, Terlich)

Mid: Pendles, Kennedy, Deledio, S.Mitchell, Swallow, Wines, O'Meara, Stevens (Crouch, Viney)

Ruck: Bellchambers, Leuenberger (Sinclair, Blicavs)

Fwd: Cox, Rockliff, Bartel, Kennedy, Mayne, Rowe (Neade, Mcaffer)

$370,000 in the kitty. Happy to keep Crouch for the loophole and use him as a later trade. My plan was to wait and see which Fwd slips down (hopefully none) and then look at upgrading one. Any thoughts on my trades this week? Cheers

• Sunka says:

After more thought, thinking Viney to Mayes and Stevenson to Hartlett with $133K left. Thoughts?

83. Pete says:

Brad Crouch has just done a hammy in training – out for 2+ weeks

84. Dave says:

G'day guys,
    Is it worth getting Trav Cloke?

• Aza says:

Mate I've been trading cloke in, then reversing, all week. Now I've reversed. Still not sure…all I can remember is last year when I bought him for about the same price…

85. Adrian Campanaro says:

Neadle->Westoff
    Duffied->Harlett
    OR
    Duffied->Birchall
    Neadle->A Walker
    OR
    Duffied->Birchall
    Mitchell->Evans/Mayes
    OR
    Neadle->Westoff
    Mitchell->Evans/Mayes

I would love to have Westoff and Birchall eventually.

86. Liam says:

Hey guys, just wondering for any thoughts on who I should trade this week. I've got 355k in the bank.
    Def- Gibbs, Heppell, Duffield, Goodes, Pittard, Heath INT- Stevenson, Frost
    Mid- Ablett, Watson, Swan, Swallow, Fyfe, Mundy, O'Meara, Wines INT- Viney, Crouch
    Ruck- Jacobs, Leuenberger INT- Daw, Blicavs
    Fwd- Cox, N.Riewoldt, JJ.Kennedy, Rockliff, Dwyer, Neade INT- Rowe, macaffer
    Thanks.

87. mcareec says:

581,000 in the war chest
    who is the best option

88. Liam says:

Anyone bringing in Dangerfield???
    OUT-Mundy, IN-Danger?

89. The Old Dylan says:

Someone that nobody seems to have on their radar is Nathan Wright from St Kilda (heard the name in the podcast…) On the bubble, playing in wellington today (back pocket) but scoring could be a worry. Scored 67 in his first outing, but only 15 the week after. Has a breakeven of -21, so is practically guaranteed to gain some coin.

I wanted to get Birchall in this week, I'm playing my biggest rival, but the only way I can do it is sideways. Since Crouch will be out for a few weeks and Mitchell-san has been dropped to the reserves, I'm thinking of axing the both of them and bringing in evans and Wright.

Instead, I have axed Stevenson to build the warchest, I'll spend the next few weeks bringing in guys on the bubble (Docherty, Lee…) And start upgrading to premiums from there. I already know who I want in my mid, as well as a couple of forwards and defenders