Jock’s post selection video – Round 4

Filed in Supercoach, YouTube Supercoach Video by on April 18, 2013 • views: 1045

JOCK’S POST TEAM SELECTION WEEKLY VIDEO

Enjoy Jock’s weekly pre lockout AFL Fantasy advice video folks – and join in the discussion below!

1. Zimmer says:

Jock, Have got Vlastuin, K Mitchell, Karnezis, Ryder, as well as Zorko.

Thinking of going Vlastuin to Hutchins, and Karnezis to Berger (switching Rowe fwd). Will deal with Mitchell next week (won't lose money) maybe with Mayes (who will be on the bubble.) Obviously that means I keep Ryder for now, (have other issues, so will ride the storm, so to speak).

What do you think. Any other suggestions.

• jockreynolds says:

Gday there Zimmer mate.. see Karnezis is named this week? Might be worth hanging onto him to have another look and dealing with your other dramas. I reckon you may as well give Ryder the chop for a rookie, then use the cash to upgrade any mid priced germs you have hanging around the joint.

• Zimmer says:

Karnezis named on the extended Bench. What's a bet that if he does play he gets the vest?

• Heytman says:

Potential vest would still be better than Ryder's 0 in my humble opinion

• Zimmer says:

Karnezis named as Emergency. Going with original plan.

Will use Ryder for captain loophole this week and maybe bring Buddy in for him next week.

2. Brad says:

Hey Jock, do you reckon I trade Varcoe & Currie OUT for Kennedy & Rowe. OR Varcoe & Vlastuin OUT for Rowe & Hutchins

• jockreynolds says:

I think long term your team will be better off after the second option.. plenty more cash generation. But short term option 1 gives you more point generation. Tough one mate.. probably leaning toward option 1.. even though you get a hutchins and rowe in trade 2 likelihood is that one of them will just end up being dead money on your bench anyway

• Brad says:

Cheers mate, will probably go with option 1, which will still allow me to use my emergency loophole in the back line

3. Dom says:

Who should I put in this week?
    Dusty Martin or Westhoff?

4. matt says:

tips for captain this week????

• SCaddict says:

Jobe, Swan, JPK, Cox, Cotch/Lids. Would steer clear of Pendles and GAJ this week with injury clouds hanging over them that may or may not impinge on their performance.

Just make sure you use the captain's loophole if you can to get two bites at the cherry.

5. Wade says:

To trade Shuey down to Hodge and then Roughhead down to Neade/Sinclair? I am looking for cash generation but I'm not too sure on which rookie to bring in for Roughie.. Is there any other options for the Roughead trade?

6. Gillie says:

Pavlich Out Rowe In then Vlaistuin Out Hanley In! Only players not playing are Kane Mitchell and Brent Macaffer. Worried about Pendles and Ablett?

• SCaddict says:

Nice moves Gillie!

Not much we can do about Pendles and Gaz this weekend other than cross our fingers and pray to the Fantasy Footy deities. Though it's certainly worth considering alternative captain options this week if you have others available.

I'll be putting the VC on JPK and the C on Swan who is overdue for a big one anyway.

7. geoffmack says:

Jock I need your help,

I have a few problems. Scored 2080 , got $386k in kitty used 4 trades. Got Patton, Embley, Zorko and Plowman. Do I hold Zorko and look to dump Patton for a Monfires/Moloney/Mullet? Ditto with Embley? Or dump Zorko for a Hanley/Birchall? I have 11 rookies including the top 10 and coverage for both Embley and Patton. Need you advice please!!

Thanks everyone.

8. Scott says:

Jock, want to trade out Karnesis – have enough in the bank to secure any of the top forwards. Already have Dusty Martin, and not sold on the Hoff for long term, but can't make my mind up between A. Walker, Monfries or Walters. Who's the better long term prospect?

9. Sean says:

Any suggestions on who to pick out of Deledio or JPK?? Who will average higher for the year?

• SCaddict says:

Close call but in Supercoach would give the edge to JPK only based on averages from last year and averages in the first 3 games this season.

But don't sweat it too much as both would be great selections for your team.

• Sean says:

I went with Lids just coz im a massive fan of him, pretty happy at this stage seeing as JPK is on 2 at 1/4 time

10. 61falcon says:

who do i Trade? currently have
    Hanley,Gibbs,Goddard,Heppell,Goodes,Dixon-Terlich,Stevenson
    Ablett,Fyfe,Swan,Wines,Rich,Danger,Viney,O'meara-Varcoe,Vlastuin
    Berger,Blicavs-Witts,Currie
    J Kennedy,Monfries,Jenkins,Dwyer,Neade,Zorko-Macaffer,Karnezis
    Have 600k in the bank
    I was thinking of Witts-Rowe then not sure if to dump Zorko for Cox or Westhoff
    Or do i get rid of Varcoe now?

• Zimmer says:

My 2 cents:

Priority would be to get rid of Varcoe, for Crouch maybe (depending on how much cash you have in the bank.)
      Witts to Rowe would be the next one.
      Zorko can wait till next week, and not convinced re. Westhoff.
      You'll probably want to look at replacing Vlastuin too, as he doesn't look like he'll get a look in, and you need your rookies making money.

11. Eugene says:

Since we're on this topic, I have a question for anybody who is free to answer.
    Which of these rookies should I field?

Stevenson/Pittard/Terlich (Pick 1)
    Viney/O'Meara/Stevens/Crouch (Pick 2)
    Dwyer/Neade/Rowe (Pick 2)

Cheers guys!

• dools says:

Terlich showed something last week and I rate a new guy who plays a 1st game in a loosing side, however I would pick Stevenson and Pittard from PT ADL.
      Viney O'Mera and Couch
      Neade is red vest/green vest for Gray IMO so go Rowe and Dwyer

Hope this is correct advice Eugene but It's what I would do but you have the joystick mate….

• Eugene says:

Sounds like good advice mate, will definitely consider.
        Just tossing up between Pittard and Stevenson now…

12. Sam says:

shuey for hanley and varcoe for sinclair is this a good trade?

13. Cam says:

if i dont trade out varcoe this week will his price go down or not.also which trade/trades are more important: Shuey–>hanley pearce or maybe wingard varcoe–> sinclair or if i wait a week mayes or dangerfield–> cotchin/watson.

14. Eugene says:

Who to put my big C on today?
    Pendles/Ablett/Cox???
    Worried about the injuries to both the former…

15. Nosh says:

Hey guys I coped three injurys last week in Patton, kreuzer,varco I swoped Patton for Dwyer and kreuzer for goldy and this week griffin and Hanley who got injurys this week and I still got varco I need help on what trades I can do